The Road North

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Rassalanter / The Sleeping Dragon Inn
2 Mirtul 1370 / 10th bell
Cold and sunny


The morning was waning fast by the time @Felicity Clover returned to the inn driving a heavily laden cart pulled by 2 mules. As she came into the inn and began dispersing winter clothing she could see the party was ready to leave. Although no one want to leave the warmth of the inn, they all knew it was time to earn their coin.

@Ellaria came in from the back room and let Fliss know that Niri and Devan had headed south about an hour ago and had taken the unconscious halfling with them. The barmaid had just finishing scrubbing the blood off the floor and stood up to stretch her back. Look at Fliss she said "You be safe out there. If these guys were willing to brave the storm last night then no telling what they will do next."

Having loaded the wagon with their gear the party set off for the north. From what they knew it would be a hard month of travel if they pushed each day. Good thing the wind had stopped and the sun was out. It was a little warmer than last night and without the biting wind it might be ok for a long walk. The party pushed out of town and made their way northeast along the Long Road.
Directions
It is 35 miles to Amphail and then another 90 miles to Red Larch. You will be spending some nights out in the elements but you need to decide if you will be staying in an inn when you make it to those towns.

With the snow and/or mud you can average about 18 to 20 miles a day without a vigor check. Traveling 22 miles will require a vigor roll and 26 miles will be vigor -2.

Each night you spend out you will in the elements you will need a group survival check. This is at -2 due to the cold but the winter clothes give you +2 so you are back to 0. A success means you survived but consumed one day's rations. A raise means you thrived and found fresh game to eat, more than 1 raise and you do not need to roll for the next day.

Everyone please post RP in this thread to represent your time on the road. Describe what you character is doing to pass the time, what they do along the road, and if they help in camp. Also post RP between the players. I will post every few days to mark the passage of the days.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Support roll for the group Survival check 8; +2 to the Survival roll
Faith 1d10!!+1: [7]+1 = 8 Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Rassalanter/The Sleeping Dragon Inn
3 Mirtul 1370/Early morning
Freezing Storm

Felicity smiled as Clay walked in and saved the situation by playing up her role in events last night. She thought he overdid it, and since when was she the leader? But it saved them money. And she blushed when he winked at her. Clay was handy to have around when loading the wagon, too.

“Thank you,” Fliss told Clay as they headed back to the inn with their purchased supplies. “These will not get us the entire way to Silverymoon, though,” she said. “We will eventually need to hunt and forage, or stop at another town along the way.” Felicity stopped to get her undergarments from the laundress, and they returned to the inn.

Morning came early, and they all dressed warm and headed out. The roads were a bit muddy and soggy with the snow, but they still made some good time. Felicity took her turns on the bench, either driving or on watch riding shotgun. The rest of the time she was in back with the others, huddled under blankets among the supplies. When they camped, Felicity helped put up the pavilion as best she could, then took cooking duty if they were lucky enough to get fresh game rather than rations. She took pains to bless the hunting parties with Tymora’s good fortune before they went off.

[I say we travel the 20 miles a day since we aren’t in a hurry, and we stay at inns in Amphail and Red Larch for good beds and good food to preserve supplies.]
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (20 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (10 days)
Water for 7 (10 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Ellaria - female half elf archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Healing
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Wolves Support with Notice, 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wolves Support with Notice Group Roll, 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Survival, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [2]+1 = 3
Survival Wild Die, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [2]+1 = 3
Benny to Reroll
Survival, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [3]+1 = 4
Survival Wild Die, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [2]+1 = 3


As we settle in for breaks and at night, before heading out to hunt I show my companions that you want to go under the trees so they block some of the cold and you will be more likely to find food and good kindling. I show them how to start a fire in snow. “Dig two feet deep and line the bottom with thick logs cut the same length, to keep it only as big as needed to extend the wood for as long as possible. Stretch the tarps over the lower branches, or when needed at night to dig a snow cave.” Then she walked them through some other survival tips before she sets out to gather food.
Unfortunately tonight's hunting did not render food for everyone. But a skilled hunter knows not all hunts end in a kill.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

1d4!!: [1] = 1
wd 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Clay isn’t an experienced survivalist. Most campaigns he marched along in line and other specialists did the hunting or such. The fighter is happy with his attempts, at least he didn’t screw anything up.

During the trip he attempts to chat with everyone a little each day.

Each night he tries to engage the group in group conversation.
OOC Comments
Short post. Sorry. Slammed with paperwork at work. I’ll try adding more as I can. Thank you.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Truth be told, Llolfaen hadn't done much travelling on the open road. She'd mostly stuck to moonlit rooftops and dark alleys, though on the few occasions that she'd travelled to a different city she had done so via the Underdark. The rolling fields, thick forests, lonely farmsteads and little villages were bit of a novel experience for her. She realised that she was perhaps a bit naive when it came to the wilderness of the surface world, though it was something that she tried not to let show. Despite the winter cloak she'd brought, she still felt the chill seep in and relished the opportunity of a warm bed whenever they stopped at an inn.

With her travelling companions she remained cold and distant, only giving short and curt answers when attempts were made to converse. She also deflected prying questions, preferring not to blab about herself nor her past. She wasn't sure whether Clay had told the others about her heritage, so she kept a wary eye on him especially whilst taking extra care to ensure her features remained hidden.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland was more than happy to let the team travel as fast as they wanted, having secured himself a place in the wagon the effort was very little for him and so he was not much for complaints. As Ali performed the lions share of the work with hunting down spare food and her hounds seemed to do well at feeding themselves, even if not bringing in enough for everyone he only felt a slight disappointment when she reported back without food. "No luck today, but I am sure you will have some tomorrow." He said with a genuine cheerfulness. The cold seemed to not only not bother him, but he would often be scene with barely any clothes on as if it where a summer swelter.

As the others begins forming around the camp at night he set his attendants to work, each taking on the needed chores for keeping everything well. "So we have a warm fire, plenty of food from town, and the hounds are keeping us safe. Do we even need watches now that they are hear?" He did not know the rules for such things, and truth be told his naivete was clear as day. The man obviously led a charmed life and did not fully understand the dangers of the wilderness.

Looking to the two more experienced warriors Roand asks @Ali and @Clay "So once we get up there and answer the call, how long do you guys think this will take. Are we looking at days or perhaps weeks before it is settled?"

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

“Depending on how this plays out, it can range from a few months, to decades. You can’t guess when it comes to war. We pretty much just have to fight our hardest and hope that it's the invaders that fall into the void.
“We will also want to set up watches in case something happens. Even if we’re not attacked by thieves or more assassins, there may be predators my wolves can’t handle. I don’t wish to see them injured unnecessarily for a mistake I or we might make.”
She looks to @Clay, “What do you suggest?”

She waits until @Llolfaen is alone to talk to her. “Do you know anything about these attacks, or were you not informed before you left?”
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"No." Llolfaen answers, giving @Ali an annoyed look. "I know much about them as you do."

"Do I look like I have a hand in them?" Asks Llolfaen. "Am I expected to stab somebody in the back here?"
Main Account: stormwell

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Amphail/Long Road
4 Mirtul 1370/Late Afternoon
Sunny and warming

Just a few days ago had been a fierce winter storm followed by bitter cold and now the day was getting warm enough that the snow was melting. The melting snow was making a muddy slushy mess of the road. The mules were working hard to pull the wagon and travel was slower than expected. Finally cresting the small hill just south of Amphail they could see the small village. The party had planned on being there for the mid day meal but at least they could look forward to a hot dinner and maybe a warm bed.

As they approached the village they could see an inn of the west side of the main road with a sign proclaiming it to be the Stone Stallion. A group of 8 Waterdehavian patrolmen left the inn and and retrieved their mounts. As the patrol neared the party the leader looked over @Clay and nodded his head.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Kolga
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 11, 2020 8:13 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Kolga »

Kolga had mostly been keeping spirits high during the trek. Using his knowledge of legends through poetry, he suggested that most conflicts could last year's, and to be prepared to last the long run.

Performance 1d8!: [5] = 5
Wild die 1d6!: [5] = 5
Kolga
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 8(3); Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3;
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Benny: 0/1
Edit Signature

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Since morale is critical to an army. I will allow @Kolga performance roll to add to your survival checks. After you leave town you next survival check will be +1.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

Clay nods at Roland, “I’d plan for the worst case, hope for the best”.


Answering Ali, “This is a lot different than marching as a troop. I bet the barbaric fellow has some solid survival skills. Don’t wear out your wolves, I’m not so good at survival but I am good at watching. I’ll keep my eyes open.”


Technospawn wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:23 pm

As they approached the village they could see an inn of the west side of the main road with a sign proclaiming it to be the Stone Stallion. A group of 8 Waterdehavian patrolmen left the inn and and retrieved their mounts. As the patrol neared the party the leader looked over @Clay and nodded his head.
As the Party passes by the Waterdehavian’s Clay pulls out a locket. It’s a Emblem of the Flaming Fist, out of Baldur’s Gate. Stamped in it, R E T I R E D. It’s not a Water Deep organization but is bound to be known by these soldiers.

“Greetings good men. Can you tell me any news? I thank you for your service!”

After talking with the fellows, Clay heads in towards town. Looking forward to a warm bed.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali blinked at Llolfaen as her hand twitches, wishing for it to be resting in the soft fur of her wolves instead of empty in her lap. “I am sorry, I should have been thinking before I spoke. I just thought that since you were one of them you might know something. No, I don’t think you're going to try and kill one of us, after all, you had your chance when others of your kin attacked us at the inn.”
Although, you do look and act a little suspicious, hiding your face like that, not talking to anyone unless forced and then your replies were short and rude. Ali thought sourly, she immediately felt guilty, of course Llolfaen hid her features, she was a Drow, and she probably didn’t like being blamed for things she most likely had nothing to do with. Llolfean would be killed if others saw her heritage. I can’t blame her for trying to survive.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"They were not my kin." Llolfaen said sharply and turned away, indicating that the conversation was at an end.

So it did seem that some of the others were aware that she was Drow, though none appeared to be taking any action against her. Though how long would that last? Were they waiting for the right bounty? Should she take her dues and leave?

But where would she go?

That was the issue, being right in the middle of the surface world's wilderness and the Drow being on the warpath. As much as she was loathed to admit it, she was stuck with the party for the time being. Though she would remain watchful to see whether any of them would raise their hand against her.

That was going to be a day that wouldn't end well.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland spent the days lounging about. Whenever he was called on to do work he always found a way to have one of his attendants do it for him, or to use him magic to perform the task. When he hears the answer to his query he frowns. "Years? I mean I am in it for a while, but I do not think years." he mumbles to himself.
I am sure a simple notice roll would let anyone else be able to hear his whining.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Clay wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:17 pm

As the Party passes by the Waterdehavian’s Clay pulls out a locket. It’s a Emblem of the Flaming Fist, out of Baldur’s Gate. Stamped in it, R E T I R E D. It’s not a Water Deep organization but is bound to be known by these soldiers.

“Greetings good men. Can you tell me any news? I thank you for your service!”
Seeing the Flaming Fist the Civilar looked at Clay and set a weary look on his face. "No good news. With this damn war up north all sorts of nasties are come out of the hiding and heading that way. Two days north we ran into a nasty group of bugbears and hobgoblins. I lost four men in that fight including my Armar. I would high advise all to stay off the roads and keep to the towns." Turning to assess their group his eyes lingered on their wagon. "you look like you are planning a long trip. Might I inquiry were you are heading?"
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Technospawn wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:04 am
Turning to assess their group his eyes lingered on their wagon. "you look like you are planning a long trip. Might I inquiry were you are heading?"
Roland not really wise enough to keep silent pipes up. "We are heading up to fight the war. Lots of trouble and we are the heroes needed to save the day." Then taking a bow he introduces himself. "Roland of Marland, High Sorcerer, and lover of women. A pleasure to meat you." The confidence and certainty in his voice makes it clear, that while small the halfling speaks the truth.



I doubt it is needed, but just in case.
Intimidation or Persuasion if needed 1d12!!: [6] = 6
Wild die 1d6!!: [1] = 1

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »


Glancing at Roland, Clay nods at the halfling. Looking at the leader of Waterdeep soldiers, Clay nods at them.

“Yes. We are off to the north. In our own way we will be fighting the war. Good people will be in need of Healing and other services. I doubt our little group will sway the war much but we can be there to support the survivors and help as we can. We will heed your words and try staying to safe locations. If I get an opportunity to extract revenge for your fallen I will. Now, good gentlemen I am in need of warmth and a brew. Be safe.”

Clay motions for the wagon and his friends to hurry along. He knows these soldiers are likely good guys but it’s best to not linger and possibly upset them. Soldiers tend to think lowly of mercenaries and even less of Adventurers.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

The soldiers watch as Clay and the others start moving towards the village then turn and continue their patrol back to Waterdeep. As the party continue down into town they see several villagers hard at work repairing buildings damaged by the storm. As the wagon pulls up in front of the Stone Stallion a stable boy comes out from behind the inn.

"Planing to stay the night gov'ner? I can feed the stable the mules for 8 copper each. You just head inside and get warm by the fire. Master Thorn sure to have a good meal ready in a few."
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

During the interaction with the soldiers Llolfaen had stayed silent, though her hand strayed near one of her daggers. Thankfully the soldiers did not press them and let the party past, though Llolfaen only relaxed a little as they made their way to the inn. Ensuring her hood is pulled down to obscure her face, she proceeds into the building with the rest of the party, though she remained alert.

Once in the common room of the inn, she found herself a chair and sat down.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
4 Mirtul 1370/Late Afternoon
Sunny and warming

Felicity was unusually quiet on the trip, huddled down in the wagon with Roland. She had focused on her meditation, and found herself with new prayers to aid them in their journey. When they reached Amphail, she hopped out and counted out the coppers for the stable boy. “Thank you,” she told him. “Take good care of them. They’ve been real troopers!”

The sun glistened in the halfling priestess’s red-gold hair as she headed for the Stone Stallion.

“Hail and well met, tavern master!” Fliss called. “Blessings be upon you and yours, and may ill-fortune be far from you!”

[How much food and feed did we use on this leg of the trip? I’ll need to update the inventory, and maybe buy more for the next leg.]
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (20 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (10 days)
Water for 7 (10 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland springs off the wagon and hits the ground ready for a hot bath and some tavern time. Heading in at a faster than average walk he smiles warmly at the staff and chatting a bit explains that he needs some fresh water for a bath and a stout to enjoy while he's in there.

Once that is all done he heads down to join the others. After ordering a meal he thanks the tavern master. "Ah, thanks Mr Thorn. A wonderful establishment." Then heads over the table with his stout refilled. "So, what all did I miss. Its nice to feel clean and having something good to drink."

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »


Red Clay.

Tired Clay maybe. He thinks.

Dropping heavily into a chair by the fire Clay reflects.

Is life just a bunch on Inns and fireplaces? If there is ale involved I hope so.

Resting his leather wrapped great sword against the wall next to him the warrior sinks into the plush chair and mumbles, ”Hot food. Cold brew.”

He attempts to hide just how tired and cold he is. Then opens one eye and looks about. Taking in the room with a raging pulse he eyes everything and everyone. Then drops his head back on the chair and says louder:

“I’ve coin! Hot food! Cold brew! Hurry our souls are at stake”


Notice Roll d6 = a 5 for Notice.

1d6!!: [1] = 1 WD 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali hesitated over whether or not she should hide her wolves. Taking the safe route she showed them into an alley.
“Stay here, please stay quiet.” Leaning down, Ali gave them a good scratch behind their ears,
“We‘ll be out of here soon and back in the trees, please wait a while.”
They looked up and Jager let his tongue lol out. Turning Ali hurried inside, not wanting to seem suspicious and get her wolves in trouble. She fingered her cord of wolf fangs, wishing her mother was here. The strong presence of power to lean on, but that was silly, mom was gone, and that was that.
Once inside she sat down and ordered some food. After eating, Ali goes to make sure her wolves get fed, taking them out from the town to hunt.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Clay wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:09 pm
...
Taking in the room with a raging pulse he eyes everything and everyone. Then drops his head back on the chair and says louder:

“I’ve coin! Hot food! Cold brew! Hurry our souls are at stake”
Roland looks at the old soldier as if he is insane. Did he just announce to the whole common room that we have coin on us? Great, now we will have to beat up a bunch of locals. "Um Clay, I know you are a seasoned and expert veteran of some previous campaigns. But are you trying to get us robbed? I was hoping to warm up a little first."

Ali wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 pm
Ali hesitated over whether or not she should hide her wolves. Taking the safe route she showed them into an alley.
“Stay here, please stay quiet.” Leaning down, Ali gave them a good scratch behind their ears,
“We‘ll be out of here soon and back in the trees, please wait a while.”
They looked up and Jager let his tongue lol out. Turning Ali hurried inside, not wanting to seem suspicious and get her wolves in trouble. She fingered her cord of wolf fangs, wishing her mother was here. The strong presence of power to lean on, but that was silly, mom was gone, and that was that.
Once inside she sat down and ordered some food. After eating, Ali goes to make sure her wolves get fed, taking them out from the town to hunt.
When Ali comes in without her wolves Roland frowns. "Did you stable your friends? I would hate to see them abandoned after looking after us so well for the trip here." Of course Ali would never abandon her pups, but Roland had not noticed the relationship they had, and as can be demonstrated by his words to Clay was a bit of an idiot.

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

Opening one eye and looking at Roland as a barkeep places a cold brew into the warriors hand. The bar keep states, dinner would be ready soon. Clay eyes the one known as Roland.

“Our souls rely on cold brew and hot food. At least mine does. If .....”


Clay jumps up from the chair and holds out his hand. His great sword rips away from the wall and slammed into his palm.

”... if there be enemies present I say, show yourselves. Combat will warm my soul as much as a Meade.”

Dropping back into the chair Clay says, “Granted. I’d prefer to buy a round for my enemies and just drink.”

Frowning some the fighter sighs.

“I expect you are right friend. I’m just tired and ... “

The barkeep hands a hot plate of meat to Clay.

Holding up one finger, the fighter digs into the food and opens his pouch of gold. Dropping exact change into the bar keeps hand everyone sees his pouch is now empty.

If the man has more coin. It’s not in his coin pouch.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"Clearly 'discreet' isn't in your vocabulary." Llolfaen commented dryly as she picked at her food. "And I doubt many other words are either."

Llolfaen had come to the opinion that Clay was a loud mouth, a fighter full of boasting and of flare. Though none of that gave her any real idea why the human fighter had been the target of some assassins, other than something he perhaps done with a previous adventuring party. Faults aside, Llolfaen was still puzzled why anyone wanted him dead. Yes Clay was an irritation at times, though that hardly warranted a contract taken out on him.

What was it he'd done?
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland watches the warriors display or preparedness and swallows a bit. "Okay then, no real offence meant, just thinking." The changing moods so fast it is a little head spinning he asks for his own meal and drink.

Roland was never one to focus on the bad for too long and as soon as the warrior confirmed he would be well prepared for trouble he mind swings around to the more immediate rest and enjoying half a pint of ale himself.

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
4 Mirtul 1370/Late Afternoon
Sunny and warming

Felicity settled onto the wooden bench. It wasn’t much better than a hard wagon seat, but she dug into the hot food and guzzled down a cold mead. “So far, so good. Didn’t run into any trouble on the way here.” She kissed her holy symbol for luck, hoping not to jinx the rest of the journey. “And definitely looking forward to a real bed again.” She gave Clay a sympathetic smile as Roland poked at him. “Hopefully a night with no assassins!”
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (19 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (9 days)
Water for 7 (9 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370/Early Morning
Sunny and brisk

As the party finished the morning meal and prepared to head out again the noticed that the nightly cold had refrozen the thawing roads and everything was a solid sheet of ice. Heading north once again the going was slow and dangerous and mules were having a hard time keeping their footing. As they stopped for their mid day meal they had only made seven miles of travel for the day. The day had warmed as the sun rose and the sheen of water had made the ice even more dangerous.

Who ever is driving the wagon will need to make a driving roll as a dramatic task. The group may help if they have a skill that is appropriate. All rolls are at -2 for the slippery ice. The task is dangerous so failure means the mules and/or party are hurt.

Cards
  • 1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).

Ali 1d56: [3] = 3 Joker
Kolga 1d56: [9] = 9
Clay 1d56: [14] = 14
Roland 1d56: [22] = 22
Fliss 1d56: [33] = 33
Llofaen 1d56: [53] = 53
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Dramatic Task SUPPORT 14! +2 Support (cap)
+1 Holy Symbol
Faith 1d10!!+1: [13!!]+1 = 14
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370/Morning
Icy and cold

Felicity realized that the roads had gotten more icy overnight. She huddled down against the icy wind. It seemed like the mules were having a tough go of it. Fliss pulled out her holy symbol and started praying to bless their trip and grant the mules surefootedness and the driver ability.
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (19 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (9 days)
Water for 7 (9 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland looks at the concern of the others as the road turned icy and nodded. "Nothing to worry about here. I can enchant the tires with ice cleats. We will all be moving through the snow as good as can be with no worries at all." The concentrating he reaches out and begins forming the small spikes that will allow the wagon wheels to better grip the road.



Support persuasion or focus GM choice 1d12: [11] = 11 Support Wild persuasion or focus GM choice 1d6: [1] = 1

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

Running his hands through his short hair Clay brushes snow off his head and cringes as it falls down his neck under his heavy coat onto bare skin.

Cold.

Grumbling some the man frowns and inwardly hates the weather. Holding the reigns in cold hands he does his best to drive the wagon with little actual past experience at the job. Halting the wagon he hands the reigns to Fliss.

“I hate to interrupt your prayers. But. I need a second - I think my butt is going to freeze permanently to this seat.”

As Clay gets off the wagon the others can hear cracking of bone as joints that are too cold move. The warrior proceeds to jump up and down doing a few dozen jumping jacks. He punches the air a bit. Then shrugs his shoulders. A few minutes later he looks warmed up by exercise and retakes the reigns and gets the wagon moving again.


1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
1d6!!: [4] = 4
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Long Road North of Amphail
5 Mirtul 1370/late afternoon
Icy and cold

@Clay managed to keep the wagon moving without hurting the mules or damaging the wagon. @Felicity Clover and @Roland had defiantly played a hand in that. It was getting late and no one was looking forward to a cold night on the road after the warm inn. Hopefully they could find a spot out of the wind, get a good fire going and maybe not freeze during the night.

Time for more survival rolls.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »



1d4!!: [2] = 2
1d6!!: [9!!] = 9



Clay covered each mule with a blanket and tied them to the tree so they wouldn’t disappear or wander off during the night.

“You two ladies aren’t half bad I suppose. You put up with me all day. Heh.”

After feeding them and checking the brake on the wagon the fighter looks at the others as they set up camp. Someone is building a fire in the center of the site. Good. Clay looks around at the trees by them. He stopped here, thinking the small clearing made a good defensive position. Rocks over there. Tall trees there. A natural wind break and only two plausible ingress attack points. Two sides would be stupid to attack from.

Clay walks around the site imagining how he would attack the party if he were going to. Eyeing a tall sturdy tree Clay pulls his hammer and a few nails from his pack. He nails a few planks of wood to the tree. The tree is now easier to climb should someone want to. For safety. Or. To be in look out. Shrugging the human chuckles. If this were the old days they would be digging outs with spikes in them.

Clay ties his hammock to the tree with the planks and another nearby tree. He’d sleep under the stars but off the ground. The great sword he rested against the large tree and loosened the ties on the leather so that if he called the blade to his hand it would pull free of the protective leathers.

Maybe pits and traps were not a reality with this group but for sure ... “We need to have someone on watch at all times. We could be attacked from any side but those two there - those are the likely attack points. I have no experience working with wolves. Are they able to take turns during the night keeping an ear open for trouble? I also admit to knowing next to nothing about Magic’s. Any sort of protection in that arena available?”


Trying to not sound paranoid or bossy Clay stops talking and smiles.

“Just trying to play it safe.”
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Survival 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Benny...

Survival 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Llolfaen had never had such a miserable time, having to deal with the biting cold and the monotonous cart ride. She wasn't sure how the others seemed to cope, though she admitted that if this was the Underdark they would most certainly struggle to survive in the realm that was effectively home to her. Despite having now travelled together for some days she still remained curtly with them, though she still was pragmatic and observed the others practice survival skills to aid the party. After all, she never knew just when she might be required to use those same skills herself.

When they stopped for the night miles from the nearest inn, Llolfaen quietly grumbled under her breath and picked a spot to settle down for the night. She selected a spot that provided some shelter and, more importantly, could obscure her if needed. If anything poked about their camp with ill intentions tonight, Llolfaen wanted to remain unseen and thus get the drop on any interloper.

"Yes." Llolfaen simply stated when the human fighter, Clay, mentioned about setting a watch least anything crept up on them unnoticed.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland did not know much about the actions the others where taking for fixing up to rest the night and resist the cold. But he knew a ton about dragon magic and could share his own invulnerability to the cold with them. "Here you go guys. A little something to take the edge off the cold and make things right for you."

Watching the curt and short conversation between the others Roland waited for when they would assign him a watch. He always hated taking watch because it normally entailed a lot of nothing. Everyone else would be sleeping so there would be nothing to do, as he could only chat with himself then and sometimes people would wake up just to tell him to shut up even then.


Support with Focus 1d12!!+1: [13!!]+1 = 14 Support Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2


User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

“My wolves can keep watch when there's people if that's ok. My wolves will delay and make noise, but it's those who can talk that will truly be able to raise the alarm,” Ali said.
Survival, 1d6: [5] = 5
Wild Die, 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Survival 3; no help
Survival 1d4!!-2: [5!!]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370/Night
Icy and cold

Felicity stomped around in the cold and snow gathering wood for the fire, then made the fire and started dinner.

“I can take one of the watches, too,” Felicity offered, wanting to carry her weight in the party. She made some prayers, and everyone felt a little better as the cold sloughed off of them. “That will only last an hour, but I will renew it then,” she told them. “Tymora gave me some new prayers for power on the way,” the redheaded halfling said with delight.
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

Clay nods at the others.

“I’ll take first watch. At the midnight hour please wake me again. I’ll take that watch too. Then four hours after that too. As soldiers we only slept four hours at a time.”

Looking at Ali, “Glad the wolves are here too.”

Seeing Fliss gathering wood Clay moves to help.



I once was a soldier IRL. One time we did four hour shifts for three months straight. No days off of course. 4 on. 4 off. We basically slept 4. Worked 4. Chilled and talked 4. Worked 4. Slept 4. Repeat. Surprisingly it wasn’t bad. Granted. At my age I hope I never have to do that again! You know, there was a lot of shooting, running about, and all that included so... crazy stuff lol. No thanks.

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

"Well I do not mind taking watches at all." The response from the dim halfling was obvious, though the rest of the team knows that any time Roland is on watch is a time that no one is on watch. The unobservant halfling would miss anything truly important that came up. After all lovable and useful are apparently unrelated traits.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Now that the orcs are dead or scared off what do you do?
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland speaks up."Well we are all awake now and no way I can go back to sleep. Let's get out of here before more trouble comes." Advocating to move on north towards the destination right away.

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370/Night
Icy and cold

“What is the time?” Felicity asked, looking at the sky to judge how much sleep they had gotten. “It isn’t safe to travel at night usually, but if the sun will be up soon, I suppose we can break camp. Do you want breakfast before we leave? Someone can stoke up the fire and I can start cooking.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

"Well, not safe to travel at night is one thing. But lets be real, it is even more unsafe to wait for those orcs to come back with friends. Beside, while it is not my favorite thing to do, I can do fire and we can light torches if needed." The foolish halfling protest as he looks out into the darkness with worry and concern on his face.

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

In the aftermath of the orc attack, Llolfaen had returned to the spot where she'd encamped and had left some of her meagre belongings. Though overhearing the halflings she rolled her eyes and shook her head. Hearing the suggestion for lighting a fire and torches, Llolfaen called out. "Light would reveal our presence to any other would be assailants."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Kolga
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 11, 2020 8:13 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Kolga »

Kolga set about breaking camp, agreeing that any further rest would not be coming. He had struggled to make his presence felt recently, and wanted to try to step up more.
Kolga
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 8(3); Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3;
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Benny: 0/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali was ferociously scrubbing the blood out of her wolves coat. When Kolga started packing everything she stood up and signaled to her wolves to scout ahead then started assisting Kolga in loading things up.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
6 Mirtul 1370/Pre-Dawn
Icy and cold

It was still 2 hours before dawn when the party got the camp packed up and loaded into the wagon. As they hitched the mule and headed out the rush of the fight had long since faded and the lack of sleep was setting in. Everyone knew it was going to be a long day ahead of them.

Make a group survival roll at -1 for the lack of sleep. Failure means you have a horrible day and only make it about 6 miles. Success means the day was not as bad and you make about 12 miles. Raise means you pushed through to the other side and did 18 miles.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

As the adventurers get on their way Roland finds he is able to get back on track and less distracted by the orcs who tried to murder him in his sleep. Instead doing his best to encourage @Ali for the work she has been doing finding their way and getting them through this. The few times he sees her he even blesses her some of his draconic protection from the cold, to make it all go easier.

Support Ali +1 to her survival
Persuasion 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!!: [6]+[3] = 9
Benny to reroll Persuasion 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!!: [4]+[3] = 7
[/inline]

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »


Survival 1d4!! -1: [10!!] = 10 wd 1d6!!: [1] = 1


Clay had been quiet for most of the last 24 hours. He didn't tell the others that he had a simple yet painful stomach bug. He felt like crud, and had kept his mouth shut and let the others do as they pleased. Feeling mostly better the big fighter did his best to assist Ali with her survival skills.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Faith support Ali's survival 17; +2 support
-1 difficulty, +1 holy symbol
Faith 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Faith 1d10!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [17!!] = 17
Amphail/Road
5 Mirtul 1370
Icy and cold

Felicity made sure that everyone had some magical protection from the cold to go with their cold weather gear. She took her normal seat up on the box beside Clay, but occasionally she went into the back with the supplies and took a nap on the feed bags until it came time to renew her protection from cold spell on the party.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice Roll for Support 10, +2 Bonus for Alie
Notice 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!+1: [9!!]+1 = 10
Not fully wise to the methods of survival required on the surface world, Llolfaen instead helped by keeping a sharp eye out. She warned of anything on the road ahead or called out if she spied any animals, other than that she remained as cold as the weather that engulfed this part of the world.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali Survival Roll, 1d6 or Wild Die 1d6: [2]+[3] = 5 End Result 3+4=7
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch /Swinging Sword
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

The party made it to Red Larch about mid-day and could the tantalizing aroma of roasting meat coming from the Swinging Sword Inn. They made their way to the inn and the common room was very full of people. While the inn is warm and inviting there is one small table with five chairs empty and it is far from the fire. People are talking and drinking with abandon. Scanning the room you can make out some locals but it appears that most of the people are travelers and adventurers.

This might be a good spot to gather intel or allies. Or you can just relax and thaw out. Up to you.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Seeing the inn and even better the empty seats Roland gets excited. "Nice, now this is how life is meant to be enjoyed. None of that business of orcs attacking us in the middle of the night." Then looking around Roland moves out, blending into the crowd as he listens, chats, carouses and overall does his best to learn what can be learned of the people in the inn.

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Leaving Roland to his carousing, Llolfaen seated herself down at the empty table where she observed the common room of the inn. As ever, she kept the brim of her hood pulled down to obscure her face least anyone spied her racial heritage. As much as she loathed to be in such a crowded room, she was still grateful to be out of the biting cold.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity shook the snow from her cloak as she entered the warm, inviting tavern and inhaled the delicious scents of cooking food. So much better than trail rations! As they took the open table away from the fire, Fliss called for a supper of whatever was cooking and a large mug of mulled wine. She looked over the crowd, listening to the conversations, and noted with interest a game of dice going on in one corner. Gambling was always a good way to prod people for information, and maybe make a bit of coin. Plus, it was a game of chance, and that was her goddess!

Munching on a leg of mutton and sipping her mulled wine, she wandered over to watch the game.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

The inn is indeed warm. Drinks and food are brought for all who order it. The crowd is loud one and it is getting louder as the day rolls towards evening.

As you mingle you hear a lot of talk about the war in the north. Several of the groups are talking about heading that way and joining the war, some talk of profit, and some talk of defeating evil. In whispered tones you hear something about Nesme and a dragon. Roll if you want to chase that lead.


You hear the crowds talking about the war. You also catch something about drow. Roll notice to overhear more.


The current shoot is losing badly with the dice and he keeps saying "one more." hoping to win his money back. Gambling 1d6!!: [3] = 3
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali, to concerned about her wolves remained quite through the night. She didn't quite like leaving her wolves alone, after eating she quickly left and took her wolves out of the town to spend some alone time with them.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland's interest perks up at mention of a dragon. Leaning in and joking he says. "Ha, dragon. Dragon do not care about the affairs of men. What makes you think this thing is true? Have any of you actually seen such a thing?"
Networking Persuasion 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!!: [11]+[3] = 14


Joining the conversation he seems fascinated by all that he learns, even buying drinks for those with the most interesting tails and listening as they are challenged. Roland knows how to navigate a crowd and sift truth from falsehood. He is in his element and feels warm inside as he works this crowd, bringing them joy and gaining the same in return.

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Llolfaen quietly ate her meal, seemingly paying little heed to the crowd at large. Though the uttering of the word 'drow' piqued her attention and made a hand instinctually reach for one of her daggers, though the mood of the crowd remained joyful and betrayed no threat of an attack. Relaxing, just a little, Llolfaen paid more attention to the conversation flowing around her.

What if...? She briefly thought before squishing it, she had no real evidence that He was involved. Yes there had been the involvement with the trafficking of weapons, it was a foolish motion to believe that He might be at large in the surface world. Still, the talk of drow had her interest regardless.
Main Account: stormwell

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Roland wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:45 pm
Roland's interest perks up at mention of a dragon. Leaning in and joking he says. "Ha, dragon. Dragon do not care about the affairs of men. What makes you think this thing is true? Have any of you actually seen such a thing?"
The half elf turned to @Roland "I am on my way north to fight. My brother has been there for several months. We have not heard from him in weeks. The last we heard he was in Nesme when it was sieged. The few refuges that escaped say a army of thousands of orcs attacked the town and had the help of a giant white dragon. No one has heard from any of the Riders of Nesme. We think they were lost defending the city."
Llolfaen wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:22 pm
Llolfaen quietly ate her meal, seemingly paying little heed to the crowd at large. Though the uttering of the word 'drow' piqued her attention and made a hand instinctually reach for one of her daggers, though the mood of the crowd remained joyful and betrayed no threat of an attack. Relaxing, just a little, Llolfaen paid more attention to the conversation flowing around her.
The party at the table next to @Llolfaen where keeping their voices low "We are scheduled to meet the drow at a spot west of the Nesme in just over a ten day. If we are late he will leave and the deal is off." another voice whispers "how do we know we can trust him." The first speaker responded "Kel always keeps his word." adding "as long as there is gold to be had" after a short pause.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen's eyes narrowed as she listened closely. Surely it couldn't be...Him could it?

The chances of it being so were on the slim side, but at the same time it wasn't something that could be ignored. She needed more information, but how?

As much as she was loathed to admit it, she was going to need the aid of the rest of the party. Unfortunately most of them were too loud and brash, they had their uses but not in this sort of situation. There was, however, one member of the party whom Llolfaen felt she could possibly trust.

Glancing round first, Llolfaen quietly got to her feet and slipped through the crowd and out of the inn. She knew @Ali had come out here, no doubt to see to her wolves, but where had she gone?

She hoped to locate the elven ranger before the men in the inn left.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Boost Gambling 8, raising the die to d10
+1 Holy symbol
Faith 1d10!!+1: [7]+1 = 8
WIld 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Gambling 4
Gambling 1d10!!: [4] = 4
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity put her hand on the gambler’s arm. “One moment.” She took his hands and blew on his dice with a prayer to Tymora, casting a spell to give him luck on his roll. Then she smiled and stepped back to watch him roll the bones.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

Clay drags a chair over towards the table Fliss is at.

He drops into it and looks up those playing dice.

Realizing he’d made a bunch of noise dragging the chair he grimaces and says: ”Sorry.”

With an ale in one hand and meat in the other he silently watches the game and the room as a whole.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - female drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open
Clay
Parry: 9 / or 10 when wielding Great Sword
Toughness: 7 and Armor:
• Chain Shirt (torso, arms) +3 Armor
• Leather Leggings (legs) +2 Armor
• Soft Leather Hat (head) +1 Armor

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali sat by her wolves near the inn not yet having left. She was taking the time to clear out the rest of the blood on her wolves coats’. Hearing the soft sound of footsteps approaching she turned and spotted Llolfaen heading toward her. Standing Ali smiled,
“Hey, how are you feeling?” Ali guessed Llolfaen wouldn't be out here unless she wanted space or to talk to someone. A brief chill went down her spine, Is this where she kills one of us, is she going to kill me and my wolves now that we're alone. That doesn’t make sense, she had her chance, besides if she was, it would be Clay Llolfaen would go after, not me.
Immediately feeling guilty for thinking such things about someone who was most likely a great and trustworthy Drow, a drop of water to be treasured in a desert. @Llolfaen was probably just here to think on her own.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"Those...ah...creatures under your command yes?" Llolfaen asked as she approached @Ali. "As much as I'm loathed to admit it, I need your aid."

"Theres some men in the inn, they work for the drow." Explained Llolfaen. "We need to extract information from them."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

At the mention of Drow Ali decided to put aside the insult to her wolves for a latter date. Marking her on a silent list to educate her on the names of her wolves.
"Sure, what do you need, also, how to you know they work for Drow?"
Ali's wolves were now upright and regarding the vicinity with a critical eye.


Jager's Roll for Notice, 1d6: [6] = 6
Mond's Roll for Notice, 1d6: [2] = 2
Kampher's Roll for Notice, 1d6: [3] = 3
Add +2 from being wolves,
Jager= 8
Mond= 4
Kampher= 5
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

As @Felicity Clover hands the dice back to the roller, he can feel the luck in the dice. For the next several rolls he wins every roll. The other gamblers begin to grumble about losing their money and start eyeing Fliss with hard glares.
Gambling 1d6!!: [2] = 2


As @Roland continued to mingle and he was listening to the story about the dragon, a loud argument broke out behind him. Soon several patrons were arguing and jostling each other.

Everyone in the inn roll notice.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Ali wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:39 pm
"Sure, what do you need, also, how to you know they work for Drow?"
"They spoke of meeting a drow." Llolfaen answered. "They mentioned a name, one that I am familiar with."

"I intend to waylaid one or more of them when they leave the inn, your creatures should help make them talkative."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Notice 1d4!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[2] = 3


Roland looks around to see what everyone is so excited about, but sees nothing of interest. "Humans do strange things." He says to himself as he moves away from the center of the room to the walls. "No need to leave myself in the middle while humans punch each other." Whatever they are arguing over, he knew that he had no part in it.

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Notice 2
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity was distracted from the dice game by a commotion going on in the common room, but she was too short to see well over the tall humans filling the room, so couldn’t spot anything. She let the spell on the dice fade, as the others were starting to grumble.

“No need to be upset, boys,” she told them, smiling sweetly. “Maybe I’ll give it a roll. What’s the buy in?”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

As @Roland moved back to the party's table he could hear the shouting getting louder. @Felicity Clover was getting ready to take her turn and throw the dice when there was a loud grunt and something heavy smashed to the ground. Somewhere in the common room aloud voice rang out "get yar fool up off da ground and get ya gone, ar ya be tasting my gauntlets too."

Then complete chaos erupted. Something fly over Roland's head and smashed against the wall. Roland was too busy keeping his head down to see what it was. Several people not wanting any part of the fight began to run towards the doors.

As @Llolfaen and @Ali were talking people began running out of the inn. Soon a patrol of guards was trying to force their way into the inn past the throng of people. Some who were fleeing and some who trying to see what was going on.

Llolfaen can make a notice roll to see if her target is leaving. Everyone can take actions. If you want to act after the fight and before the guards, you will need to roll to interrupt.
interrupt TN 1d8!!: [3] = 3
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland looks around as the action starts breaking out. Whatever it was it, was not something good. Concentrating he mumbles a few words as he concentrates. "Come on guys I need you protection." As he concentrates two ice elementals form up out of his will as he moves to a Safer place to watch what is going on and see who needs help.



Moving to somewhere safer
Summon up with mind rider.
Summon Ally, Claws, MAP, Ice Trapping 1d12!! or 1d6!! minus 2 to higher: [23!!]+[3] = 26
Summon Ally, Claws, MAP, Ice Trapping 1d12!! or 1d6!! minus 2 to higher: [1]+[5] = 6
Benny Summon Ally, Claws, MAP, Ice Trapping 1d12!! or 1d6!! minus 2 to higher: [13!!]+[7!!] = 20



Math was wrong, should have only been -2 with MAP, still raises so summoned are resilient. .



Attendant
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Athletics d4, Fighting d4, Notice d4, Shooting d4, Stealth d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 4; Toughness: 4
Special Abilities:
„ Claw: Str+d6.
„ Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken; ignore 1 point of Wound penalties; doesn’t breathe, immune to poison and disease.
„ Fearless: Immune to fear and Intimidation.
„ Resilience: May take 1 wound before incapacitation, based on raise to summon.

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Boost Vigor on Felicity and Roland (only ones she can see) 12 Raise; +2 die types Vigor
-2 point cost
Faith 1d10!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-1: [13!!]-1 = 12
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

The commotion interrupted the dice game, and soon many of the players were fleeing the inn.

“What’s going on?” Felicity called out to the others. She lifted her holy symbol and started a prayer of power, a little prayer to protect herself and Roland. Then she started to push through the crowd to get to the trouble.

***

Boost Vigor d10 (5r); Toughness: 8 (2)
Boost Vigor on Roland: +2 die types (5r); +2 Toughness
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

At the sudden stream of peaple leaving Ali asks,
“Is that them?” Drawing her sword and knife she mutters, “Ready.” Instantly Ali’s wolves are up and Kampher and Mond are sliding along the shadow, preparing to attack the group of different races fleeing from the inn at a command. Jager stays and guards Llofean and Ali.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"Perhaps..." Llolfaen mutters, drawing one of her daggers as she did so. She glanced at the crowd trying to spy if any of the men she'd overheard had made it out. She also took note of where people were positioned, chiefly how difficult they would make what she intended to do.

It wasn't quite how she'd planned to do things, but sometimes you have to remain flexible.

Notice 13
Notice 1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Main Account: stormwell

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Llolfaen wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 am
"Perhaps..." Llolfaen mutters, drawing one of her daggers as she did so. She glanced at the crowd trying to spy if any of the men she'd overheard had made it out. She also took note of where people were positioned, chiefly how difficult they would make what she intended to do.

It wasn't quite how she'd planned to do things, but sometimes you have to remain flexible.
Most of the people leaving the inn were milling in the front of the inn waiting to see what happened. But a short lithe half orc broke from group and start making his way towards the back of the inn. @Llolfaen recognized him from the table where the human had been talking about meeting a drow. When he got to the back door he pulled out a set of picks and opened the door quickly.
Felicity Clover wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:32 am

The commotion interrupted the dice game, and soon many of the players were fleeing the inn.

“What’s going on?” Felicity called out to the others. She lifted her holy symbol and started a prayer of power, a little prayer to protect herself and Roland. Then she started to push through the crowd to get to the trouble.
Once the crowd thinned a little @Felicity Clover and @Roland could make out a very brawny dwarf with hair and beard that looked like spun gold. He was wearing a heavy chain shirt and iron banded gauntlets. Behind him on the floor was a half orc wearing cheap leather armor and bleeding from hit broken nose. A group of 3 people stood in front of the dwarf. 2 were human but the third was small and hide themselves in their cloak. The human male stood directly in front of the dwarf and had his hand on his sword. The human had long black hair and a goatee. He was wearing a fine leather jerkin and carried himself with an ease and grace that came from years of practice. The human was speaking but it could not be heard of the din of the people clearing the common room.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Not sure if there are good sides or bad Roland looks at the group. "Slow down everyone, lets not get violent. Why don't we all sheath our weapons and just have a chat?" His ice elementals coming along side him to protect him from attack.



Persuasion 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!!: [9]+[3] = 12

Elementals on hold

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"Follow." Llolfaen hissed at @Ali before creeping after the half-orc. It was part of the group that she'd overheard talking about a contract with another drow, though she hoped that it processed information that was worth the effort. Admittedly she was also intrigued that it appeared to be breaking into the inn, whether it was for common thievery or a more nefarious reason it remained to be seen.

Either way, she would find out soon enough.

Stealth I presume? (12)
Stealth 1d8!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Boost Vigor # on Fliss and Roland again
-2 cost
Faith 1d10-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6-1: [3]-1 = 2
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

“What is going on here?” Felicity demanded. “That is quite enough!” She headed toward the confrontation. “Someone is hurt? I am a healer,” Fliss said. Where was the rest of her party? It was just her and Roland! Two halflings against a group of bigs. And Fliss didn’t think she liked the look of that one hiding in a cloak. She tried to murmur a prayer again, but lost focus, and the spell didn’t go off.

***

Boost Vigor d10 (4r); Toughness: 8 (2)
Boost Vigor on Roland: +2 die types (4r); +2 Toughness
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Clicking her fingers together, Ali called for Mond and Kampfer to return to her.
Creeping along in a town turned out to be a lot different then tracking and an animal silently, and Ali stumbled occasionally and bricks and crates seemed to appear out of nowhere.
Ali's wolves on other hand were quite confident in placing their paws in the spaces between cracks and sliding through obstacles that Ali must go around.
OOC Comments
Ali's Stealth Roll 1d6 or Wild die 1d6: [3]+[2] = 5
Mond Stealth Roll 1d8: [5] = 5
Kampfer Stealth Roll 1d8: [5] = 5
Jager Stealth Roll 1d8: [8] = 8
Jager's Exploded die 1d8: [2] = 2
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Llolfaen wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:29 pm
"Follow." Llolfaen hissed at @Ali before creeping after the half-orc. It was part of the group that she'd overheard talking about a contract with another drow, though she hoped that it processed information that was worth the effort. Admittedly she was also intrigued that it appeared to be breaking into the inn, whether it was for common thievery or a more nefarious reason it remained to be seen.

Either way, she would find out soon enough.
Ali wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 pm
Clicking her fingers together, Ali called for Mond and Kampfer to return to her.
Creeping along in a town turned out to be a lot different then tracking and an animal silently, and Ali stumbled occasionally and bricks and crates seemed to appear out of nowhere.
Ali's wolves on other hand were quite confident in placing their paws in the spaces between cracks and sliding through obstacles that Ali must go around.
@Llolfaen silent movement only served to heighten the noise made by @Ali and it was enough noise that the half-orc noticed it. Working quicker the thief opened the lock and quickly stepped through the door then swiftly shut it behind him.
Notice 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Picklocks 1d8!!+1: [9!!]+1 = 10

Felicity Clover wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 pm
“What is going on here?” Felicity demanded. “That is quite enough!” She headed toward the confrontation. “Someone is hurt? I am a healer,” Fliss said. Where was the rest of her party? It was just her and Roland! Two halflings against a group of bigs. And Fliss didn’t think she liked the look of that one hiding in a cloak. She tried to murmur a prayer again, but lost focus, and the spell didn’t go off.
Eying the halfer with flaming red hair the dwarf spoke in a rough baroque "this little meat head tried to lift me purse. I talked him out of it and now his friends be getting upset. I just letting em know I will talk them out of it two."

A medium built human with black hair, brown eyes, and a nasty scar down one cheek then spoke up "surely the good dwarf is mistaken. Thregich would never do that. I do not want a fight but I will not let anyone go around hitting my friends just because they don't like his parentage."
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Intimidation 1
Intimidation 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Healing 9; Raise, heal 2 wounds
Faith 1d10!!+3: [6]+3 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity put on the best scowl she had ever gotten from the high priestesses at her temple when she was an acolyte. “No one will be hitting anyone,” she said. “You have your purse?” she asked the dwarf. “If so, then I suggest you both buy each other an ale and let this all pass. Or you go on your way. Either way, no more disturbing those of us who have come here to rest after a long journey.” Felicity pulled out her holy symbol. “And if I hear any more ruckus from you all, I will ask Tymora to curse your luck from now until the end of your days,” she told them. “Now let me heal your friend.”

Felicity started praying for healing for the bloody-nosed man.

***

Boost Vigor d10 (4r); Toughness: 8 (2)
Boost Vigor on Roland: +2 die types (4r); +2 Toughness
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"Iblith!" Llolfaen cursed under her breath in her native Drowic tongue. The weala colnbluth might've well been a stampeding phindar for all the good she did, it seemed that all the stories about surface elves might have a ring of truth to them after all. Though it was pointless to regret a perhaps foolish decision, especially with the half-orc slipping her grasp.

Without waiting or even saying a word to Ali, Llolfaen went to try the door that the half-orc had went through. Though as a precaution she had her weapons ready in case the half-orc was laying in wait.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland watches warily for ambushes and sets his elementals on the same task as @Fliss offers healing. "Well, at least we are not all being killed here. But I do not see why they had to ruin a perfectly good evening." As he starts to think about how nice it would be to get back to the bar and begin some work.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Felicity Clover wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 am

Felicity put on the best scowl she had ever gotten from the high priestesses at her temple when she was an acolyte. “No one will be hitting anyone,” she said. “You have your purse?” she asked the dwarf. “If so, then I suggest you both buy each other an ale and let this all pass. Or you go on your way. Either way, no more disturbing those of us who have come here to rest after a long journey.” Felicity pulled out her holy symbol. “And if I hear any more ruckus from you all, I will ask Tymora to curse your luck from now until the end of your days,” she told them. “Now let me heal your friend.”

Felicity started praying for healing for the bloody-nosed man.
As @Felicity Clover approaches the half orc to heal his nose the dwarf steps in the way and says "Leave him. He got what he be deserving. I don't count youn or your god my enemies but be taking their side" he jerked his head towards the orc "and that will be changing."

Hearing the dwarf get gruff with Fliss, @Clay comes to his feet and moves to intervene. As he begins to move his greatsword slides down the arm of the chair and tangles in his feet. He falls face first to the ground and knocks himself out cold.

As the dwarf finished his sentence a dagger flew out of the back hallway and rattled to the floor a couple feet away. As everyone turned to see what was going on they notice the back door standing slightly ajar and a small cloaked figure standing just inside the doorway.
throwing 1d8!!: [1] = 1 stealth 1d8!!: [5] = 5

Llolfaen wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:32 pm
"Iblith!" Llolfaen cursed under her breath in her native Drowic tongue. The weala colnbluth might've well been a stampeding phindar for all the good she did, it seemed that all the stories about surface elves might have a ring of truth to them after all. Though it was pointless to regret a perhaps foolish decision, especially with the half-orc slipping her grasp.

Without waiting or even saying a word to Ali, Llolfaen went to try the door that the half-orc had went through. Though as a precaution she had her weapons ready in case the half-orc was laying in wait.
As @Llolfaen pulls the door open she sees movement in the dark hallway. Stepping inside the door she looks down the hallway and sees the few people left in the common room looking down the hall way at her.

Roland is watching so he notice to see what happened in the hallway. LLolfaen is also wary so she can roll notice. Fliss is distracted by the dwarf so she can roll but will be at -2. Ali can maker a roll to notice at -2 to see over LLolfaen and she blocks the doorway.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 9
Notice 1d6!!+2: [7!!]+2 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Llolfaen cursed inwardly, trust the halflings to get themselves into trouble.

It certainly complicated matters, she had wanted to take one of the group which the half-orc belonged to and question them. That plan of action clearly wasn't going to happen now, though much to her displeasure things looked like they were about to get rather troublesome. Her rapier was still to hand and she lowered it, slightly, but stood tense ready to fight.

As an afterthought, she stepped over to one side to allow a clearer path for Ali's wolves.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Body Guard One Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Body Guard Two Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2


Roland Notice 1d4!! or Wild 1d6!!: [3]+[2] = 5
Elan Benny Notice 1d4!! or Wild 1d6!! Elan adds 2 to the higher: [3]+[2] = 5



Roland sees the orc throwing the knife at his friends and does not hesitate. Never a very intelligent hair foot, Roland was still smart enough to know people throwing knives at his allies where not good. Pointing he says "Stop him!" to his guards and then with a focus of will and whispering, "Their all after you..." His spell slides into the mind of the Orc, confusing him as its mind is filled with whispers or random people begin talking into his mind!

The two body guards responding instantly to Roland's body guards rush after the orc, trying to take it down!

Focus (Confusion and Fatigue) 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! penalty -1: [3]+[2] = 5
Elan Benny Focus (Confusion and Fatigue) 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! total mod +1: [11]+[5] = 16


Per Boyce rolling Spirit d6 for orc
Orc Spirit 1d6!! With -2 for casting being a raise: [10!!] = 10


As the icy constructs lunge onto the orc they pin him down in place! Not able to fully take him, they find that only one of them is able to get a solid grasp on his arm, preventing the orc from escaping, but leaving him open to counter...

Bodyguard one Grappling 1d6!! Gang up +1: [4] = 4
Bodyguard two Grappling 1d6!! Gang up +1: [1] = 1
Orc (Brute uses Strength to resist grappling) 1d8!!: [3] = 3

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Flushing with embarrassment at Llolfaen's clear distaste at her stealth, Ali pulled back and let her wolves enter like two gray and black shadows and a creamy silver one hover behind them.
Seeing the last people in the room, Ali draws her knife and sword, not thinking as she was still quite embarrassed at her usually great stealth had been ruined by being in a city, does not detect anything unusual.
Why, is it any different in a city then in a wood?
Ari- Critical Failure
Kampher Support Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Mond Support Roll 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Jager Support Notice Roll 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Ali Notice Roll 1d6!! or wild 1d6!!: [1]+[1] = 2
Kampher- 3+2 5
Mond- 2+2 4
Jager- 5+2 7
Ari- Critical Failure
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Notice 8
-2 distracted
Notice 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8
Lower Fighting 4; reduce by 1 die type; -2 Spirit roll to shake it off at end of turn
Modifiers: 2 targets (dwarf and knife thrower), Strong (-2)
Faith 1d10!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Benny to reroll
Faith 1d10!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity scowled. “I am taking no sides!” she countered.

Then the knife thunked to the floor, and Felicity’s eyes darted to the cloaked figure in the hallway, then angrily back to the dwarf.

“You attack a stranger from the shadows who is merely offering aid?” she said angrily. “I warned you what would happen.”

Felicity started chanting a prayer, and cursed the dwarf and the knife thrower.

***

Boost Vigor d10 (3r); Toughness: 8 (2)
Boost Vigor on Roland: +2 die types (3r); +2 Toughness
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 3/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

The human finally spoke again. "Listen to the powerful sorcerer, dwarf we all need to calm down." Turning to @Roland the human said "I have no fight with you great and powerful summoner. Please, I am not your enemy."
persuasion 1d8!!: [1] = 1 wild die 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Looking down the hallway and the seeing the cloaked figure with their weapons drawn the human shouted "assassin, quick stop them" and began rushing that direction.

The dwarf spun towards @Felicity Clover and cursed her "by Moradin's beard lassy, I said I did not want to be your enemy but ya're forcing me hand."
Faith 1d8!!: [1] = 1
and he moved to put the wall at his back and face the room. Taking up his battle stance he felt his strength return to him
spirit 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5


@Ali was distracted by her failed stealth so when she looked up to try and spot the half orc she failed to notice the stairs and fell.
Rolls in discord for 9 on the crit table then 11 damage
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 1d6!!+2: [7!!]+2 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5


Llolfaen realised that things were going from bad to worse as she tried to spy where the half-orc had gone and heard the human cry out. Seems she'd been taken for an assailant, she would have to think quickly to stop things from escalating.

"My quarrel is not with you!" She snapped, forcing her irritation into her voice. "After a half-orc who tried to steal from me!"

Not exactly truthful, but contained enough of the truth to at least make her statement seem more convincing.


Persuasion 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity was still confused. The dwarf tried to cast a spell on her, but it failed, and he backed against a wall. Smart.

“And just who are you then?” Fliss asked the human man warily, keeping an eye on the dwarf, too. She’d lost track of the knife thrower. Did that drow of theirs draw attention? “Someone tell me what is going on?”

***

Boost Vigor d10 (3r); Toughness: 8 (2)
Boost Vigor on Roland: +2 die types (3r); +2 Toughness
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 3/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Technospawn wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:08 pm
The human finally spoke again. "Listen to the powerful sorcerer, dwarf we all need to calm down." Turning to @Roland the human said "I have no fight with you great and powerful summoner. Please, I am not your enemy."
persuasion 1d8!!: [1] = 1 wild die 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Looking down the hallway and the seeing the cloaked figure with their weapons drawn the human shouted "assassin, quick stop them" and began rushing that direction.
Spirit resist Persuasion 1d12!!+1 or Wild 1d6!!+1: [2]+1+[1]+1 = 5


Roland nods in agreement with the man. "Obviously there has been some mistake see. He is on our side, and there is no need for trouble." Telling his elementals to let the man up. Roland nods, "Okay, so speak, why are you throwing knives at people?"



Just a quick post, so no one has to wait on me. I should be back on October 30th.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Llolfaen wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:19 pm

Llolfaen realised that things were going from bad to worse as she tried to spy where the half-orc had gone and heard the human cry out. Seems she'd been taken for an assailant, she would have to think quickly to stop things from escalating.

"My quarrel is not with you!" She snapped, forcing her irritation into her voice. "After a half-orc who tried to steal from me!"

Not exactly truthful, but contained enough of the truth to at least make her statement seem more convincing.
@Llolfaen sees the half orc dart into the kitchen closely followed by ice elementals. He can see the elementals grappling with the half orc. Then as @Roland starts to speak the elementals release the half orc. Ali's wolves enter the the door and head into the kitchen. The man rushing at Llolfaen feints with his short sword and darts to the right and rushes past her and out the back door.
Athletics 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1 benny 1d8!!: [5] = 5 benny wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Felicity Clover wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:22 am
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity was still confused. The dwarf tried to cast a spell on her, but it failed, and he backed against a wall. Smart.

“And just who are you then?” Fliss asked the human man warily, keeping an eye on the dwarf, too. She’d lost track of the knife thrower. Did that drow of theirs draw attention? “Someone tell me what is going on?”
Roland wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:26 am

Roland nods in agreement with the man. "Obviously there has been some mistake see. He is on our side, and there is no need for trouble." Telling his elementals to let the man up. Roland nods, "Okay, so speak, why are you throwing knives at people?"
As the confusion deepened the guards finally pushed their way into the room. A rough look human heavily corded with muscle booms out "everyone drop their weapons or I will start bashing some skulls" The dwarf lowers this weapon but keeps a weary eye on @Felicity Clover.

The guard turns to Fliss and says "well missy, do I need to bash your skull. And someone better start telling me what is going on here."

While everyone is distracted the small figure in a cloak eases their way to the front door.
Stealth 1d10!!: [4] = 4 wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Notice 1d4!! Or Wild 1d6!!: [3]+[2] = 5



Roland looks into the other room with the guards as they start shouting. "Uh oh, looks like my friends need me. I will want to be part of this." He says to himself, oblivious to the person sneaking out behind the guards.

Staying out of sight Roland dismisses the elementals and strolls into the common area if the inn where the guards are. "Thank goodness you arrived so quickly. Assassin's and trouble makers came here, and you save us!" Roland begins weaving his tail of all that happened and how fortunate they are the guards came when they did.

By the time he is done dining his story the guards are fully convinced of the truth.

Persuasion 1d12!! Or wild 1d6!!: [10]+[2] = 12

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Notice 3; fail
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Persuasion 2
Persuasion 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Red Larch/Swinging Sword Inn
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk

Felicity missed the man slipping out too, distracted by the guard looming over her small form.

“I don’t have a weapon out,” she pointed out to him with a smile. “I was just trying to sort out what was going on here too, when we were attacked.” She glanced back over at the dwarf that had been in the middle of all of the commotion.

***

Boost Vigor d10 (2r); Toughness: 8 (2)
Boost Vigor on Roland: +2 die types (2r); +2 Toughness
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 3/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"Stop him!" Llolfaen hisses at @Ali after the man feinted and then pushed passed her, then glanced towards the common room of the inn where the guards were piling into.

Things were unravelling and she was no closer to gaining any further information. True there was the man who'd escaped, though Ali's creatures should be able to catch them presuming Ali ordered them to do so. The half-orc was a closed avenue for now, no way she'll be able to question him with the human guards about. Llolfaen decided, as the best course of action given the situation, that discretion was the better part of valour and pulled her piwafwi round her.

Stealth 5
Stealth 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Main Account: stormwell

Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”