The Road North

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen hurried back to the guards' shack, running as fast as she could. She cursed herself for not ensuring that enough of the party stayed behind at the shack, she could only hope that she wasn't too late. She was almost, almost, tempted to pray that she would at least catch a glimpse of the half-orcs' compatriots but was wary of invoking the Dark Mother here of all places. But if she was proven right, then the party would have to be made to do certain things her way.
Main Account: stormwell
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Shack
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening (Round 2)
Brisk

On Scene
Tyrien
LLolfaen will arrive in Round 3


@Tyrien e'Adrianne missed with her dagger. The bladesman pressed his attack at Tyrien. He brought the right
Fighting right 1d10: [7] = 7
in across her face, causing her bow to come up to parry the sword. But this left her knee open and the follow up sword went low and
Bladesan left 1d10: [9] = 9
deep into the tendons in the knee. Tyrien felt the knee
Sword damage 2d6!!: [8!!, 10!!] = 18
and knew she in bad shape. While she was distracted with the bladesman the little guy threw another
Little guy's dagger 1d10: [6] = 6 Little guy wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
but this time it was at the guard. The dagger caught the guard in the
Dagger damage 1d8!+1d4!: [8!, 4]+[3] = 15
and he collapsed to his knees and blood gurgled out of his mouth.

Red Larch
In the tunnel
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening
Brisk

On scene
Roland
Fliss


As @Felicity Clover and @Roland moved down the tunnel it slowly circled back to the south. They had gone several hundred yards and were sure they were getting close to town when the tunnel suddenly stopped. There was a set of rungs carved into the stone wall leading up.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Seeing Lloafen sprint past her at an alarming speed Ali turned to see the faintest hints of dust fall to the earth. Sprinkling it red. glancing back to make sure that the others were ok, Ali breaks after Lloafen and calls her wolves back to her. Where ever Lloafen was going she was in a hurry, and it seemed that she would either be going to back to the inn, for some unknown bizarre reason; or more likely she was going back to the guarded room that was not so guarded to check on the orcs. No matter witch was so Ali was set on following to make sure that she was okay. Though I mightn't matter as she had been completely useless in the prior fight.
Ali, 4 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen ran for all she was worth, thankfully being nighttime it meant there were few if anything obstacles in her path. The gaurds' shack loomed in the distance, though she couldn't make out if anything was happening. She was hoping that she wasn't too late, hoping that the half-orcs' co-conspirers had yet to silence them. Admittedly she hadn't much of a plan, relying more on instinct to carry her through as opposed to careful planning.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien's opponents not only outnumbered her, but they were better skilled in fighting in melee. They had trapped her and cornered her, pretty much the best way to deal with an archer of her caliber. She had been left alone with the guards, and those other adventures took off to who knows where.

She thought, 'this is probably why it is best to travel with companions... pity I have none.'

Her wounded knee was hampering her movements and her knife was easily knocked aside.

Spend Benny Soaking Wounds Vigor 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

If surviving, attack with bladesman with dagger 1d8!!: [6] = 6 Wild 1d6!: [3] = 3 - -2 due to Wounds, but missed either way



Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Active Powers: Smite on Arrows (+2 Damage)
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow & Dagger
2 Wounds
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Red Larch/Tunnel
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk
Round ??

Felicity and Rolland came to the end of the tunnel and a stone wall. She figured they had to be close to town. There were rungs carved into the wall. The red-haired halfling looked over at Roland, then shrugged and started up the rungs toward whatever awaited them at the top.

***

Ice Armor: +4, Shroud -1 to be noticed or hit (3r)
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 8 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 2/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Shack
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening (Round 3)
Brisk

On Scene
Tyrien
LLolfaen
Ali


As @Tyrien e'Adrianne stabbed out ineffectually with her knife the little leader called out "we are not here for you. If you back away we will take our associates and leave."
The blademaster circles his prey eyeing her with contempt. For now he holds his attack while the other speaks. It is clear who the leader is.
Both are on hold.


Llolfaen and Ali arrive outside the shack and can hear the sounds of combat from inside through the open door way. Everything goes quiet for a second and then they hear a voice but it is too far to make out the words. Llolfaen and Ali can take action this round but it will be at -2 from running

Red Larch
Tunnel
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening
Brisk

On Scene
Roland
Fliss


As Fliss reached the top of the rungs she found a wooden door above her head. When she pushed on the door it did not budge.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen wasn't sure what to make of the sudden silence and then the faint sound of voices, though it seemed that her hunch had proven to be correct. Thankfully Ali also had the sense to come back, something that Llolfaen had to grudgingly respect the elf for doing. With rapier drawn, Llolfaen darted into the shack and lashed out at one of the thugs.

Fighting 5, Damage 13
Fighting 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Bennie

Fighting 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [10!!]+[3] = 13
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien takes a step back and holds the knife downward towards the floor, instead of in a threatening manner.

"Alright, I can see that you still outnumber me. There is little doubt that you would kill me and still take away the orcs. But why would you want these oafs? They know nothing and cannot be trusted."

She was offering a distraction for the blur of another joining into the fray to save her.

With a few paces away from the foes, she dropped the knife and shot an arrow at the halfling.

Persuasion 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Disengage from melee if possible?
Drop knife and fire arrow at Halfling
Shooting 1d8+2!!: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Damage 3d6+2!!: [6, 6, 4]+2 = 18


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Active Powers: Smite on Arrows (+2 Damage)
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow & Dagger
2 Wounds
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Notice 8 Raise
Notice 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Boost Thievery 8; Raise. 2 DT
-1 cost, +1 holy symbol
Faith 1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Thievery 0
I don't know if using the dagger imposes a penalty or not.
Thievery 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Red Larch/Tunnel
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk
Round ??

Felicity pushed on the wooden door at the top of the ladder and frowned. “Huh. Locked? Stuck?” She searched around the door to see what was securing it. “I don’t suppose you have lockpicks?” she asked Roland. She had a dagger. That might work, depending on the kind of lock. “Might have to do this the old fashioned way and just smash it.” She eyed the icy companions accompanying them in the tunnel.

***

Ice Armor: +4, Shroud -1 to be noticed or hit (2r)
Boost Thievery: 1d8-2
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 8 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 2/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland looked around the end of the hall and remembered the trap from before. "These people are killers and they already trapped one latch. We should pull back a bit and have my elementals force it open."

Once he and Felicity got some distance he had his elemental force open the hatch to let them out.

First Elemental Strength 1d6!! and Second Elemental 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Following L'lofean Ali sent her wolves on the one on Tyrien. Then drove her blade into the one that L'lofean was attacking.
Ali's Fighting 2

Ali's Fighting roll 1d8!! or wild 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6
Wolves Fighting 4, 5, and 1
Kampher's Fighting 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Mond's Fighting 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Jager's Fighting 1d8!!: [3] = 3

Ali, 4 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Shack
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening (Round 3)
Brisk

On Scene
Tyrien
LLolfaen
Ali

Llolfaen wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:20 pm Llolfaen wasn't sure what to make of the sudden silence and then the faint sound of voices, though it seemed that her hunch had proven to be correct. Thankfully Ali also had the sense to come back, something that Llolfaen had to grudgingly respect the elf for doing. With rapier drawn, Llolfaen darted into the shack and lashed out at one of the thugs.

Fighting 5, Damage 13
Fighting 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Bennie

Fighting 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [10!!]+[3] = 13
@Llolfaen blade hissed passed the little guy barely missing him. The little guy dodge back.
Ali wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:30 pm Following L'lofean Ali sent her wolves on the one on Tyrien. Then drove her blade into the one that L'lofean was attacking.
Ali's Fighting 2

Ali's Fighting roll 1d8!! or wild 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6
Wolves Fighting 4, 5, and 1
Kampher's Fighting 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Mond's Fighting 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Jager's Fighting 1d8!!: [3] = 3

While the blade master was good at picking on single targets, the pack of wolves proved to be too much. He was able to dodge two of them but Mond's bite landed solidly. @Ali needs to roll damage vs a 9 toughness.
Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:49 am Tyrien takes a step back and holds the knife downward towards the floor, instead of in a threatening manner.

"Alright, I can see that you still outnumber me. There is little doubt that you would kill me and still take away the orcs. But why would you want these oafs? They know nothing and cannot be trusted."

She was offering a distraction for the blur of another joining into the fray to save her.

With a few paces away from the foes, she dropped the knife and shot an arrow at the halfling.

Persuasion 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Disengage from melee if possible?
Drop knife and fire arrow at Halfling
Shooting 1d8+2!!: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Damage 3d6+2!!: [6, 6, 4]+2 = 18


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Active Powers: Smite on Arrows (+2 Damage)
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow & Dagger
2 Wounds
As @Tyrien e'Adrianne broke melee the bladesman lashed out quickly with his blades but was caught off guard and
bladesman 1d10: [3] = 3

Tyrien's arrow slammed into the little guy piercing his jerkin and blood rushed out. The halfling stumbled, then
Spirit 1d6: [5] = 5
his head to clear his thoughts and reached for the arrow. Seeing the situation turn bad he bowed graciously at Tyrien then stepped through a gate that opened next to him.


Red Larch
In the tunnel
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening
Brisk

On scene
Roland
Fliss

Roland wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:14 pm Roland looked around the end of the hall and remembered the trap from before. "These people are killers and they already trapped one latch. We should pull back a bit and have my elementals force it open."

Once he and Felicity got some distance he had his elemental force open the hatch to let them out.

First Elemental Strength 1d6!! and Second Elemental 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
As the elementals pushed on the door there was a loud snap then the door flew open. Above the door was a small dark room. Entering the room you can see that there is no one there, there are several boxes and barrels stacked around the room, and there is only 1 door out of the room.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Mond's fangs dig into the mans arm but the attack did nothing to faze the brute.

Mond's Damage 7
Mond's Damage 1d8!! + 1d6!!: [5]+[2] = 7
Ali, 4 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Listening at the door 5
Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Red Larch/Tunnel
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk
Round ??

The locked door sprang open under the strength of the icy elementals. Felicity poked her head up. It seemed to open into a storage area.

“Looks like a store room,” the halfling cleric reported to Roland before clambering up and offering her hand down to help him up. “Only one exit.” It was dark. Fliss crept up to the door to listen and test if it was locked or not.

***

Ice Armor: +4, Shroud -1 to be noticed or hit (1r)
Boost Thievery: 1d8-2 (4r)
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 8 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 4/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Fighting 5, Damage 7
Fighting 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [3]+[2] = 5

Bennie to re-roll damage

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [4]+[3] = 7
With the little guy's vanishing trick, Llolfaen turned her attention to the remaining foes and struck out at the blademan. Much to her frustration, whilst her rapier seemed to strike true it appeared to fail to inflict any meaningful blows. Admittedly here she was forced to react and improvise her attacks rather than her preferred method of calculated strikes from the shadows. That said, she did have considerably more in the way of back-up than what she was normally used to.
Main Account: stormwell
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

The bladesman has a parry of 8 and a toughness of 9. He is an extra and I will not spend any beenies to keep him alive.

You also get gang up bonues from the following people

Llolfaen
Mond
Jaeger
Kampher
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien gritted her teeth, "Buggering lil' dung beetle got away. We don't want to kill this last last one, only knock him out if we can."

She aimed a shot at the blademan's leg for an incapacitating wound instead of a killing shot.

Shooting 1d8!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2



Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Active Powers: Smite on Arrows (+2 Damage)
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow & Dagger
2 Wounds
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Shack
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening (Round 4)
Brisk

On Scene
Tyrien
LLolfaen
Ali


Seeing the other drow as the biggest threat the bladesman lashed out with a quick double cross
fighting 1d10: [7] = 7 fighting left 1d10!!: [4] = 4
. @Llolfaen skated back just in time as the right blade slid across her armor scoring the leather. As the enemies piled into the room and with no companions left the bladesman began working his way towards the door. Using his blades to keep the party back. When the bladesman was almost to the door, a bell started ringing in alarm in front of the barracks. The acrid smell of smoke began to waft into the shack.

Red Larch
In the storeroom
8 Mirtul 1370/Evening
Brisk

On scene
Roland
Fliss


As @Felicity Clover listened at the door she did not hear anything on the other side. When she tested the door she found that it was not locked but there was a sticky reddish substance on the latch. As she smelt it she could smelt the sharp iron tang and knew it was blood.

As she turned to inform @Roland of the blood, a bell suddenly started ringing right next door to the store room.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”