Fire in the Night

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Fire in the Night

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Shack
8 Mirtul 1370/ Late Evening
Brisk


@Felicity Clover opened the door and stepped into the night air. The glow from the burning building was bright in the dark night. She could not see which building was burning from where she stood. The alarm was still ringing and she could hear several people running and shouting.

As the bladesman died and the sounds of combat ended the sound of the alarm bell and several people running and scream could be heard outside. The orange glow of fire was unmistakable through the door. People could be seen running past the open doorway with buckets of water.

@Felicity Clover and @Roland rushed over to the shack were the prisoners and their companions were. Seeing @Tyrien e'Adrianne wounds, Fliss begins prayer and soon Tyrien's wounds knit back together and the bleeding stops.

Looking around the room they can see one of the guards is incapacitated, the little half-orcs are missing, and the other guards are just waking up slowly and very groggily.

This scene is a dramatic task. You need 3 successes to accomplish each of the following task. You may roll for both tasks but will suffer a -2 MAP. You may roll any skill that you think is appropriate to scene. If you use a power please roll 3d6 for power points used.
  • Stop the town from burning down
  • Save the guard's life
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Nit »

Crit Fail
Faith 1d10, Wild 1d6: [1]+[1] = 2
Power Points 3d6: [6, 4, 5] = 15
Update: She apparently loses only 1 power point because AB characters are hopelessly broken. She is fatigued, though, so there's that.
Nit sees the flames from the tanner's shop. Her business in town is done and she is eager to get back to the wild... but animals and people will die if someone doesn't do something.

She lets out a high-pitched whistle, warning Shine to stay away; the last place he needs to be is in the mist of a panicked herd of city humans. They were terrified of the big cat in the best of times; there was no predicting how they would act in a stampede.

She moves quickly but calmly towards the fire, picking up some of the stray human cubs she encounters along the way and placing them near spots she thinks their parents will find them. There is a well near the center of town, which seems like a good enough place. Animals in the forest sometimes head to water when fire comes. Maybe these city people would do that, too.

She reaches the fire quickly enough and calls on her bond with Life, weaving her hands into a quick spell and summoning water. She isn't exactly sure where the water comes from; sometimes it arrives cold and clear, and sometimes not. Once, it arrived tasting of salt. Regardless, Nit reaches out, releases some of her awakeness, and trades it for water.

Maybe she's distracted, or maybe she reaches too deep, but the water explodes in a geyser, knocking over a cart and sending it through a door.

"No!" she yells, struggling to get the outpour under control.

She... does not get it under control. Instead, she wrecks even more of the town and actively gets in the way of efforts to fight the fire.

”Sorry!”
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien rolled her shoulders, just a bit to get comfortable with the binding's placement. "Gratitude, Fliss. I am appreciative for the aid. It feels much better now."

The half-elven archer was unable to really do much for the disabled guard, leaving the healer to do what she could to help instead. She left the jailhouse to see what was going on outside.

She looked out into the village, trying to determine where best she could lend her services. Now that her wound was not troubling her, she could lend a hand in carrying buckets of water to help douse fires.

Athletics 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Felicity Clover »

Heal 9
Heal 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Free reroll from Healer feat
Heal 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Red Larch/Storeroom
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity moved over to the guards and pulled out her healing kit. She would reserve her spell power for later, in case it was needed to save someone’s life. She realized just how little power she held. But she put her mundane healing skills to work on the guards.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Llolfaen »

Athletics 5
Athletics 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
With her cloak wrapped round her and her hood pulled down, Llolfaen busies herself lugging buckets of water around to help combat the fires ravaging the town. She hazard a guess that if she was seen to actively trying to help save the town, then people wouldn't bother her with questions. Though she was less than amused with the recent turn of events.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Roland »

Roland looks at the burning building split in his mind over if he should help the injured or put out the fire, but as the other start working on the fire, he decides he can do more good by trying to help heal. If only he had skills of some sort related to healing.

Then doing what he does best Roland starts talking, working with the panicked people getting them to calm down and move over towards Flic where they can be healed. Those that ae not injured he begins convincing to help with the fires.


Persuasion on Healing 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [6]+[3] = 9
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Shack
8 Mirtul 1370/ Late Evening
Brisk
Round 2


As @Felicity Clover and @Roland finished healing the injured guard the stand back up and stretch a little. Then they look around to see that their friends are fighting a losing battle with the fire. It is spreading fast and has engulfed another 3 buildings. In fact the very building they are standing in is getting very hot and beginning to smolder.

You still need 2 more success to put the fire out.
1d4: [3] = 3
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Nit »

Faith 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [3]+[2] = 5

Benny Faith 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [10!, 5]+[1] = 16 -1 for fatigue

3d6: [3, 6, 6] = 15 power points


”Oh crap oh crap oh crap!”

Nit really focuses this time and calls forth a rush of water, thoroughly dousing any flames near her.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Roland »

Roland looks around at all the damage. "So what do we so next?" The situation felt hectic and a lot of people were in danger.
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Llolfaen »

Athletics 5
Athletics 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
As the flames continued to blaze fiercely, Llolfaen couldn't tell if they were having any effect on combatting the fires consuming the town. But people were carrying on with lugging buckets of water to try and douse the fires, so seeing a lack of any other options Llolfaen continued on with carrying buckets to where they were needed.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Felicity Clover »

Fight fire 14; 3 successes
Faith 1d12!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+1: [13!!]+1 = 14
Red Larch/Storeroom
8 Mirtul 1370/Mid-day
Brisk
Round 0

“Right, then!” Felicity turned to Roland and gave the other halfling a smile, cleaning the blood from her hands. “That’s fire next, then.”

Fliss moved to join the bustling crowd as they fought to keep the fire from spreading. She held her holy symbol and made prayers, strengthening and quickening those she could. Anyone who got burned or smoked or just needed a breather, she healed or helped with her prayers.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien continued carrying buckets of water as fast as she could as the fire was getting away from them and spreading. But with the others coming out of the guardhouse to assist, things were looking better soon.

"After we get this fire out, then I imagine there will be some that will be in need of some healing again."


Athletics 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Roland »

Taking the queue from Felicity Roland moved on and continued helping with the fires. His inherited powers over the elements being a naturally powerful tool for fighting fire.
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Fire in the Night

Post by Nit »

With the fires now out, Nit looks around awkwardly for something else to do. "Um. Is it over?" she asks no one in particular.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”