Decisions

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Decisions

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Swinging Sword Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/ Mid Morning
Brisk


It had been a rough day and a even rougher night. Most of the party was not even sure when they went to bed. But the beds were soft and warm and for a few hours they could forget how hard yesterday was. It was mid morning by the time the last of them came downstairs to the common room. As they sat around the table eating and discussing the events of the past few days several questions came up. What did they stumble into here? Should they get involved? Silverymoon was waiting for them and there was great need there? What should they do?

As they sat there talking Drunger was approaching the table. He had travelling gear on and was carry a heavy pack but the dwarf carried it with ease.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen half-listened to the rest of the party as they discussed recent events and their next moves, though the fact that Drow were involved in the attack weighed heavily on her mind. She was certain that if the villagers knew what she really was and who was behind the attack that things would get....unpleasant, though she hoped that enough people would recall her helping to combat the fires the previous night. That said, she was still learning how to judge the surface dwellers.

The Drow connection concerned her, her House had no shortage of enemies amongst it's fellow dark elves. However, mistrust ran rampant in Drow society as various Houses and families schemed and plotted to bring each other low. If she could identify which House was the main driving force behind current events, it would then be a matter of tipping off that House's rivals to bring it low. A few names came to mind, but she would need some solid proof in order to find out which Drow House was behind everything.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Roland »

Still fuzzy headed from the sleep Roland finds some warmed wine and choses to eat lite. His mind calling forth elemental an essence casually to warm the wine and kneed his shoulders. "Well, I would say that was a less than pleasant evening." nibbling on a sausage his face gives a scrunch, obviously still not very hungry as he it is removed from his hands and placed back on the table.

Taking a deep breath. "So, what next? I feel like the spies who attacked us are super incompetent. I mean they obviously did not go unnoticed. I am sure the guards will figure it all out in no time."
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Felicity Clover »

Red Larch/Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/Morning
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity’s appetite didn’t seem affected. She was tired, sure, from working on healing from the fires last night, but that just meant she had an extra mug of caf that morning.

“So what do we know?” Fliss asked, munching on a sausage. “Why did they attack Red Larch? Who was it, exactly? Did those half-orcs tell us anything? If we’re in the dark, not sure how we can help. We didn’t catch whoever it was that was in the tunnel.” She didn’t want to just abandon things if they could help, but they were needed in Silverymoon, too.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien sat down with the others, her bow leaning against the edge of the table within reach.

“All the orcs said was a they purchased special weapons from the dark one... presumably a drow, I think. But I cannot be sure that was the reference or not, if there is a person going around calling himself the Dark One. Also they delivered the weapons to Many Arrows. I suppose that is a place name? But it could be a person instead. That was all that was learned before the rescue attempt arrived and shutdown the conversation.”

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Nit »

Nit enters the room just then and moves to put her back at the wall, standing awkwardly away from everyone else.

"Uh," she says quietly, almost in a whisper, "did you say 'Many Arrows?' I know a place called that."
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Felicity Clover »

Red Larch/Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/Morning
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity nodded, agreeing with Nit. “A new orc kingdom, up by the Spine of the World, north of here. They’ve behaved themselves for the most part until recently.” She frowned. “Dark elves -- drow -- were instrumental in their founding, too,” she mused.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Nit »

Nit wrinkles her nose as if she had just smelled something bad. "Orcs. Lots of them, yeah. We avoid there. They aren't really a threat to us as long as we're smart, but anyone can get lucky."
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Llolfaen »

Felicity Clover wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:05 am Red Larch/Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/Morning
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity nodded, agreeing with Nit. “A new orc kingdom, up by the Spine of the World, north of here. They’ve behaved themselves for the most part until recently.” She frowned. “Dark elves -- drow -- were instrumental in their founding, too,” she mused.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Llolfaen eyed the halfling suspiciously, listening out for the next few words spoken by the small cleric. Granted, Llolfaen had have her hood pulled down over her face to obscure her features least trouble arose over her heritage. That said, Felicity didn't exactly inspire much in the way of reassurance when it came to being discreet far as Llolfaen was concerned. This was why the drow rogue kept daggers about her person in case anyone got the wrong end of the stick after overhearing the halfling speak.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien sat down with the others, her bow leaning against the edge of the table within reach.

“So we can assume that these orcs were part of the new orc kingdom and they were dealing with weapons trade. What are we going to do about it? They are not going to just live in peace with the rest of the civilized lands.”

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Roland »

Roland does not like the way things sound to him. "This stuff sounds real big. I am not sure we are the right people for taking care of a problem involving whole armies. Isn't that why they have kings and queens? Maybe we should just go speak to this Lady Silverhand and see what task she has for us."

"I mean, we can communicate the threat to them. But what could we possibly do here?"
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Swinging Sword Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/ Mid Morning
Brisk


As the party continued to talk Drunger approached the table and smiled @Felicity Clover "Aye lass, I think I will take you up on your offer and visit me kin in the n'rth. If you still be heading that way I will come with ya."

As he waited for an answer you remembered something and spoke again. "We could also try the tunnels I told you about that lead near Nesme. They have their own dangers since they are the upper underdark but maybe safer and a damn site warmer than travel overland with orcs and dragons about.

"What do ya say? Are you still heading to Silverymoon?"

Time for an interlude.
Decide as a team if you are going above ground or in the underdark.
Pick a card and give me an interlude for a benny. The interlude needs to talk about your journey to Nesme. Your interludes will end with the part about 2 days out of Nesme.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Nit »

Nit chimes in, "Excuse me, but what do you all mean? Fighting armies? Silverymoon? What is all this? Why was there fire here last night? It's not like orcs to burn but not loot." She says this last line with some bitterness.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Felicity Clover »

Interlude 1: Spades
1d4: [1] = 1
Red Larch/Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/Mid-Morning
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity looked to Dungor. “We are still heading that way,” she told the dwarf. “You will be welcome along. Safety in numbers and all that.” She smiled at him.

Fliss looked to Nit then. “The orc hordes have been roused up to war,” she explained. “We were recruited by the Lady of Silverymoon to come north and help with the situation. But it’s a dangerous trek in the middle of winter. You would be welcome to join us, if you like, since you were so helpful here.”

Felicity looked at the others. “The dwarven tunnels could be useful,” she said. “At least we wouldn’t have to deal with the weather so much. Would we be able to get the horses to go?” she asked Dungor. “Some of us aren’t as sturdy as a dwarf to carry everything!” the trim young halfling woman said with a bit of a giggle. “And we will need extra light,” she mused.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Llolfaen »

"The Underdark....and it's dangers...I am familiar with." Llolfaen stated. "Though it's own pitfalls and perils should not be underestimated."

"We may be able to hire alternative beasts of burden." She continued. "But I strongly advise against bringing extra light..."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: Decisions

Post by Nit »

Felicity Clover wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:16 am
Fliss looked to Nit then. “The orc hordes have been roused up to war,” she explained. “We were recruited by the Lady of Silverymoon to come north and help with the situation. But it’s a dangerous trek in the middle of winter. You would be welcome to join us, if you like, since you were so helpful here.”
"So that's why they have been so..." she searches for the right word, scrunching up her nose when she doesn't land on it "hungry for fighting. They haven't been like this since I was a kit. If I go and help, the orcs will go back to their holes? They will leave my home alone again?"
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien nodded, “I would not be comfortable with letting go of this hunt. If we need to go to Silverymoon to talk with allies to fight this scourge and enemy, I am in. I am sure, my arrows would be welcome when it comes to dealing with the bloody orcs. But, if we should not take extra light through the tunnels, then I guess we have no choice but to travel overland. Besides, with at least one drow working against us, they would likely have the advantage in trying to stop us down there.”

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Roland »

Roland knows they are trapped on this journey. But he wants nothing to do with tunnels. "Tunnels? That sounds a lot like getting murdered by drow, svirfneblin, and the deep dwarves. I say lets stay above ground where we have some chance of living."
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Llolfaen »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:04 am Tyrien nodded, “I would not be comfortable with letting go of this hunt. If we need to go to Silverymoon to talk with allies to fight this scourge and enemy, I am in. I am sure, my arrows would be welcome when it comes to dealing with the bloody orcs. But, if we should not take extra light through the tunnels, then I guess we have no choice but to travel overland. Besides, with at least one drow working against us, they would likely have the advantage in trying to stop us down there.”

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
"There is more illumination than you think in the Underdark." Llolfaen replied. "Not that bright, but lighter than the...dark on the surface."

"Extra light would draw attention, better to move like shadow."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien shrugged in response to Llolfaen and then nodded towards Roland as she replied, “I am not thinking of myself, but rather his eyes. I might not be able to see as well in the Underdark as the inhabitants, but my elven eye would like be fine enough. Besides, looks like there are some strong objections to traveling down there... Do you happen to have a counter-argument?”

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen gave a frustrated sigh. "I concede that I am the only one present who is wise to the ways of the Underdark."

"Whilst neither options are without risk, I guess that I must bow to the one within the expertise and capabilities of everyone else."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Roland »

Roland looks relieved to see the right decision was accepted. "Glad we came to agreement." He says smiling while leaning in to give the elf a one armed shoulder pat and squeeze. But as he does Roland sees @Llolfaen tense and begin to move away leaving his hand to sail through the air. I guess he is not the touchy type. "Well from here we should all get as rested as possible and refill supplies?" He says as he begins thinking about the bar maid that was helping earlier. She looked a little rattled and may just need some company tonight to help her relax...
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Decisions

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

~Interlude ~

Tyrien saddled up her horse, tucking her gear into the saddlebags. She had enough food and feed for a few weeks, dipping into her coinage reserves. The canvas tent was going to help protect against the elements of the journey over the pass, but perhaps an extra blanket or two might have been in order.

She was not too thrilled about the dwarf coming on the trek. While it might be convenient for him, his short legs would slow them down unless he was mounted on a horse. But being relatively new to the group, she kept her opinions to herself and choose to ignore him. She was not fond of dwarves in general.

Just because Tyrien was partially elven, she was not really that adept at hunting or tracking. Sure, she had some rudimentary skills, but that was all. She was glad that Nit and her feline companion could provide expertise that she could not. Though, once they had identified any threats, Tyrien would be very adept at putting arrows into any orcs that were spotted. She positioned herself to follow along behind the druid, letting Nit take care of the navigating and her panther sniffing out trouble.

1d4!: [1] = 1

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”