On the March Again

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Swinging Sword Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/ Mid Morning
Brisk


Drugan pulls a very detailed map and says "aight we are heading overland. But which way should we go?" He then points to the lower left corner of the ma to mark their current location and the up right corner to mark Silverymoon.
map.PNG
The party studied the map and planned their route and supplies. While it looked quicker to move cross country the the rangers in the group quickly dissuaded the party of that idea. The roads would be easier to travel and quicker overall because of the late season snow that was not melting.
The route settled they quick sorted out supply needs and set to buy supplies. They would leave first thing tomorrow.


It is normally 5 days travel to Calling Horns. Once of you will need to roll survival to get the group there safe and sound.
* Crit failure = you missing the inn and get lost in the evermoor. Everyone gets 2 fatigue.
* Failure = it takes you 2d4 additional days to get there. Everyone gets 1 fatgiue.
* Success = You make there tired and cold but you make it in 6 days.
* Raise = You make it there in 5 days and it was an easy march.

The land is besot by orc raiding parties and other dangers. This is a dangerous quick encounter. Everyone that is not rolling survival needs to roll this.
* Crit failure = the ambushes and raids were constant. They took their toll on you. You take 1d4 wounds
* Failure = Just 1 too many ambushes. You are wounded (1 wound)
* Success = You survived all the fights and are just a little tired (bumps and bruises)
* Raise = You managed to avoid most of the fights and the ones you got into you really shined. You even found some treasure. Roll 1d4 and see the table below.

Loot table roll 1d4
1 = masterwork axe
2 = masterwork chain shirt
3 = chest with 300gp in gems
4 = potion of major healing
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

As everybody examines the map Roland takes a quick look without putting much thought into it and offers his shallow opinion.
"I for one would rather stick to the heavy trade rolls.. I mean look at how clear those roads are we could make it from here to Trebor and then cut across. Wouldn't even have to leave the road which is how I'd prefer it."

Thinking to himself the more time spent on heavily traveled and taxed roads the better. Cutting through the wilderness sounds a lot like a good way to get ambushed by a monster that they cannot fight.
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Dangerous Encounter 9; Raise!
Faith 1d12!!+1: [8]+1 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Loot 4; Potion of Major Healing
1d4: [4] = 4
Red Larch/Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/Mid-Morning
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity studied the map. Sticking to the roads in the winter snow would be good. She had little knowledge of survival in the wilderness. And the wagon wouldn’t do well off the road.

Fliss was happy with the decision made, so she helped pack up the wagon. They had enough food and water in the wagon for the trip to the next inn, but would probably need to buy more once there.

The travel was dangerous, but Felicity’s prayers helped fend off orc raiders and other dangers. After one brief battle, Fliss even found a clay bottle containing a major healing potion. That would come in handy.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien nodded in agreement with Rowland, “Indeed, the roads would be quickest and speed appears to be paramount. Though, we shall also be exposed to any orcs that are looking to interdict travel upon those same roads. Though, we shoul be able to keep a decent watch for trouble, yes?”

She always traveled with her bow in hand and was used to looking out for trouble, but she was not nearly as at home with it as the druid.

Support Rolls to Aid Nit for Notice and Survival
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Survival 1d4!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Treasure 1d4!: [3] = 3

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Dangerous Encounter 9, Loot 4
Fighting 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9

Loot 1d4: [4] = 4 - Potion of Major Healing
Llolfaen glanced at the map whilst the others discussed what route to take, though she understood little of what it showed. The Underdark was virtually all she knew, practically her life, whilst the Surface had been something she been aware of at least aside from the odd venture under the cover of darkness. She had formed the opinion, one that had grown stronger by the day, that the Surface was...exposed.

Least with a tunnel there were few angles that a foe could strike from.

But the Surface was the way they were travelling and she had to defer to the others, travelling along dejectedly as she pulled her cloak round her for warmth against the cold. Nightfall, despite the biting cold, was when she came into her element having lived and moved amongst the shadows for so long. Able to see better in the dark, she was the party's eyes during the long hours of the night and her stealthy art more than helped with dispatching a few troublesome orcs.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien readied her horse and asked, “How many of you also have mounts? If it is only myself, then I shall likely be roaming up and around our march, alternating from supporting Nit as she leads our trek to ensure we do not get lost and returning back to the main group and watching the back trail.”

“This way, I can be a quick reaction in case we are approached from either flank or behind.”


Dangerous Encounter
Shooting 1d8+3!!: [6]+3 = 9 Wild 1d6+3!!: [2]+3 = 5

Loot Roll from previous post was 3 for Chest of gems.
1d4!

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Road
9 Mirtul 1370/Mid-Morning
Brisk
Round 0

“We have two horses and a wagon,” Felicity told Tyrien. “Because of the snow, it will still probably be slow – or mud, if we hit a thaw. But scouts would definitely be good to have,” she said with a smile. “Let me know if you need me to purchase anything before we go. We have a bit of money left.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Nit »

Success and 2 Raises on Survival
Survival 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [8!, 3]+[6!, 1] = 18 +2 for Woodsman and +1 from Support =14 total
"No mount for me," she says. "If I need to go faster, I can always be a deer."

Nit isn't happy with the decision to stick to the roads, but at least it made the trip laughably easy to navigate. She and Shine take every chance they got to use the shortcuts and hideaways only the two of them seemed to know about, and the miles speed by.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland looks around. "So what are we waiting for. Lets head out and get this over with."
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late Afternoon
Brisk


The further north they went the worst the weather got. It was supposed to be late spring but the weather was still very cold and winter would not loosen it's grip. As they spotted the town most were excited to make it to the inn and enjoy a warm fire and dry bed for the night. It was not long before that excitement disappeared. When they entered the small inn it was jammed, there had to be close to 70 people in the common room. When @Felicity Clover approached the barkeep she was told they could enjoy the fire if they could find a spot and there might be some food to be had but every room was full. The Raven's Claw had come into town last night and were heading for North to sign on for the war. The good news if there was any was they were leaving in the morning.

Heading back outside Fliss reports what she learned to the others.

What do you do with no rooms available? Do you do anything special in town?
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

One Night On The Road

The further north they travelled, the more Llolfaen longed for the embrace of the Underdark. She barely coped with the freezing cold and snow laden winds as they travelled along the roads, she'd even acquired a blanket to wrap round herself over the top of her piwafwi to help ward off the cold. Each stop where they made camp and lit a fire proved to be a respite, even if she had to keep watch during the hours of darkness.

One particular night, though reluctantly leaving the inviting warmth of the campfire, Llolfaen stalked the perimeter of the party's camp slipping from shadow to shadow amongst the trees to ensure that no uninvited guests tried sneaking up whilst the party was resting. Thankfully orcs had yet to properly master the art of being subtle, though there were other foes who were more than capable of exploiting the shadows. However, Llolfaen silently cursed herself for no matter how light of foot she tried being the snow she stood upon somehow crunched under her weight.

A sudden shuffling in a nearby patch of snow made her freeze, a hand reaching for a dagger.

As she held still and waited, she saw a small creature start clawing it's way out of the snow before it finally revealed itself as a hairy spider roughly the same size as a human hand. Llolfaen lowered her blade, a little, as she observed the spider which she had thought was only found in the Underdark. Puzzlement filled her mind as she wondered how such a creature came to be on the Surface, but then she saw that the spider had a curious pattern on it's back almost like a symbol...

She spun round as she felt a presence behind her, almost looking over her shoulder. Llolfaen caught the glimpse of...something for the briefest of moments, but despite the ever so fleeting glance she knew what the presence was. Yes, she knew alright. Every Drow would know that presence.


Calling Horns

Llolfaen's mind was still troubled by the time the party reached Calling Horns, she hoped that the party took her troubles for being caused by the cold that had seemingly grown worse. Regardless, an unsettling thought still plagued about her cause of action as she had what could be described as a crisis of faith. Sure she had set out with her own selfish goals at the forefront of her mind, but she'd ended up becoming aligned with those determined to oppose the goals of her people. She had a sinking feeling that she would have to make some difficult choices in her immediate future.

The issue of the inn's lack of room failed to provide much of a distraction for her, though it did stoke her irritation at the inconvenience that was caused by the matter. Loathed as she was to admit it, she had to look to the others to decide what to do now regarding the situation.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Persuasion 4
Persuasion 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late afternoon
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity frowned as the innkeeper said there were no more rooms available. Apparently this Raven’s Claw was a mercenary group.

“Can we get a spot on the common room floor?” Felicity asked. “Or at least some space in the stables? It’s cold out.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien followed Fliss inside the inn. Even if the inn was too crowded, she did have a tent. But with the weather turning cold, she would prefer to stable her mount at least, even if she pitched the tent just outside.

"Indeed, Good Tavern Keeper. If a spot in the Common Room be hard to come by, at least is there availability for my horse in the stable? Or could I pitch my tent out back? Some might be interested in the hay loft, should you have one."

"Tis cold outside this evening, most like, and I know you would not want potential customers to be left out in it, yes?"



Persuasion 1d4!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d4!!: [2] = 2

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late Afternoon
Brisk


"Aye, it is a cold one today. The floor is full of them. You can have the hay loft. No heat up there but it is out of the wind" the innkeep said. He looked hard at @Felicity Clover and then @Tyrien e'Adrianne and finally said "no charge to sleep in the loft. 2 silver 3 coppa to stable and feeds the horses. 6 coppa' each for a bowl of stew, sorry the bread has run out for the day."

While he waited for their answer the inn keep return to serving the massive throng in the common room and yelling at the rowdy ones not to break his crockery.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late afternoon
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity nodded. “Thank you. We’ll take it,” she said, pulling out the money for the meal and the horses out of the party fund. “The loft won’t be so bad,” she tried to reassure the others. “The body heat of the horses will help. And the hay. We’ll just have to get…cozy together,” she said with a playful smile.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Nodding in acceptance Roland agreed with a flirting smile. "I have spent more than one evening enjoyably keeping warm in a loft. No need to argue against it now."
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen's eye twitched when she was told where the party would be spending the night, she certainly didn't share the two halflings' optimism. She had tolerated human beds and even a bedroll during their journey across the wilderness, but in with the beasts of burden it seemed they'd hit the bottom of the barrel as far as she was concerned.

"...Cosy?" Asked Llolfaen in a dry, unamused tone.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien shrugged. She imagined sleeping bunched together with halflings would be like a mother sharing her bed with her children... or bitch snuggling with her pups. Either way, it made sense if the night would be cold. "Don't worry, Llolfaen, the hay up there will help warm bodies enough that you will not need to stuff a hobbit in the foot of your bedroll to warm your feet."

"I do suggest we have a rotating watch, though."



Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:35 am
"I do suggest we have a rotating watch, though."[/b]
Roland lets out a snicker at some inner joke only he understood. "Oh, keeping watch seems like something that should be done. I volunteer to go first." He confirms.
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:35 am Tyrien shrugged. She imagined sleeping bunched together with halflings would be like a mother sharing her bed with her children... or bitch snuggling with her pups. Either way, it made sense if the night would be cold. "Don't worry, Llolfaen, the hay up there will help warm bodies enough that you will not need to stuff a hobbit in the foot of your bedroll to warm your feet."

"I do suggest we have a rotating watch, though."



Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
"Sharing a roof with the...halflings I can tolerate." Replied Llolfaen, before gesturing in the direction of the horses. "But I object to the...beasts."

"Though I have to concur with keeping a watch." She conceded.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late afternoon
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity shook her head. “You won’t be sleeping with the horses,” she said. “But you’ll be grateful they’re in the stalls below the hay loft. Their body heat will raise the temperature in the barn and help keep you warm. In the old days, that’s how folks used to build their homes. Work space and animals kept on the ground floor, and they would sleep above.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


The others were asleep and Roland was even snoring. @Llolfaen was on watch. It was warmer in the loft with the hay and heat from the animals rising from below. Better then being out in that forsaken snow. But the smell was horrid. Sweat, feces, and animal musk all mixed together. As she sat there listening to the dark, trying to filter out the animals and Roland, she thought she ...

Roll Notice vs 7
This is a Dangerous Quick Encounter
* Critical Failure - You did not hear them coming until the dagger slammed into you chest. Take 2 wounds. Your friends are caught unaware are at -2 to their rolls.
* Failure - They rushed the loft before you could spot them. You take a wound in the insuring fight. Your friends are at -1 to their rolls.
* Success - You see them just in time. You wake your friends to help. You are able to help repel them but you take "Bumps and Bruises."
* Raise - You see them coming a mile away. You quietly wake your friends and they get +1 to their rolls.

Everyone else
If Llofaen makes her notice roll and wakes you you can join the DQE and roll any appropriate skill
Use ammo and PP rules as written
Dice rolls
roll 1d5: [4] = 4
Stealth 1d8!!: [7] = 7
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Benny

Notice 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7

Bumps & Bruises - 1 Level of Fatigue.
Llolfaen was less than amused with the stench rising up from the animals below and Roland's snoring, she was beginning to suspect the halfling wizard to have orc or even ogre heritage somewhere in his bloodline. The grating snoring was slowly getting on her nerves, but over the sound she heard the stable door creak as figures entered the building and she caught a glimpse of metal.

Thinking quickly, she sharply jabbed the still sleeping party members to wake them quickly.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Faith 10 Raise, Power Points 7
Faith 1d12!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!+1: [9!!]+1 = 10
Power Points 3d6: [3, 1, 3] = 7
Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late night
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity breathed quietly as she tucked herself down in the straw and curled up with the others for warmth. She was jerked awake by Lolfaen, however, just as someone attacked them. She rolled to her feet, reaching for her holy symbol and calling on Tymora to bless and protect them as the fight commenced in earnest.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 3/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien crawled out of her bedroll at the warning and she had quicksilver readily at hand, stringing it automatically as she stood. She moved cautiously to get into position beside the dark elf on watch, casting her protection magic to help against any attackers that might be coming after them.

"Who or what is it?" she whispered.


Casting Protection, +1PP for Improved
Spellcasting 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [13!!] = 13 = +4 to Toughness

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 11 (2) Increased with Protection
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”