On the March Again

Post Reply
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Red Larch
Swinging Sword Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/ Mid Morning
Brisk


Drugan pulls a very detailed map and says "aight we are heading overland. But which way should we go?" He then points to the lower left corner of the ma to mark their current location and the up right corner to mark Silverymoon.
map.PNG
The party studied the map and planned their route and supplies. While it looked quicker to move cross country the the rangers in the group quickly dissuaded the party of that idea. The roads would be easier to travel and quicker overall because of the late season snow that was not melting.
The route settled they quick sorted out supply needs and set to buy supplies. They would leave first thing tomorrow.


It is normally 5 days travel to Calling Horns. Once of you will need to roll survival to get the group there safe and sound.
* Crit failure = you missing the inn and get lost in the evermoor. Everyone gets 2 fatigue.
* Failure = it takes you 2d4 additional days to get there. Everyone gets 1 fatgiue.
* Success = You make there tired and cold but you make it in 6 days.
* Raise = You make it there in 5 days and it was an easy march.

The land is besot by orc raiding parties and other dangers. This is a dangerous quick encounter. Everyone that is not rolling survival needs to roll this.
* Crit failure = the ambushes and raids were constant. They took their toll on you. You take 1d4 wounds
* Failure = Just 1 too many ambushes. You are wounded (1 wound)
* Success = You survived all the fights and are just a little tired (bumps and bruises)
* Raise = You managed to avoid most of the fights and the ones you got into you really shined. You even found some treasure. Roll 1d4 and see the table below.

Loot table roll 1d4
1 = masterwork axe
2 = masterwork chain shirt
3 = chest with 300gp in gems
4 = potion of major healing
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

As everybody examines the map Roland takes a quick look without putting much thought into it and offers his shallow opinion.
"I for one would rather stick to the heavy trade rolls.. I mean look at how clear those roads are we could make it from here to Trebor and then cut across. Wouldn't even have to leave the road which is how I'd prefer it."

Thinking to himself the more time spent on heavily traveled and taxed roads the better. Cutting through the wilderness sounds a lot like a good way to get ambushed by a monster that they cannot fight.
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Dangerous Encounter 9; Raise!
Faith 1d12!!+1: [8]+1 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Loot 4; Potion of Major Healing
1d4: [4] = 4
Red Larch/Inn
9 Mirtul 1370/Mid-Morning
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity studied the map. Sticking to the roads in the winter snow would be good. She had little knowledge of survival in the wilderness. And the wagon wouldn’t do well off the road.

Fliss was happy with the decision made, so she helped pack up the wagon. They had enough food and water in the wagon for the trip to the next inn, but would probably need to buy more once there.

The travel was dangerous, but Felicity’s prayers helped fend off orc raiders and other dangers. After one brief battle, Fliss even found a clay bottle containing a major healing potion. That would come in handy.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 4/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien nodded in agreement with Rowland, “Indeed, the roads would be quickest and speed appears to be paramount. Though, we shall also be exposed to any orcs that are looking to interdict travel upon those same roads. Though, we shoul be able to keep a decent watch for trouble, yes?”

She always traveled with her bow in hand and was used to looking out for trouble, but she was not nearly as at home with it as the druid.

Support Rolls to Aid Nit for Notice and Survival
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Survival 1d4!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Treasure 1d4!: [3] = 3

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Dangerous Encounter 9, Loot 4
Fighting 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9

Loot 1d4: [4] = 4 - Potion of Major Healing
Llolfaen glanced at the map whilst the others discussed what route to take, though she understood little of what it showed. The Underdark was virtually all she knew, practically her life, whilst the Surface had been something she been aware of at least aside from the odd venture under the cover of darkness. She had formed the opinion, one that had grown stronger by the day, that the Surface was...exposed.

Least with a tunnel there were few angles that a foe could strike from.

But the Surface was the way they were travelling and she had to defer to the others, travelling along dejectedly as she pulled her cloak round her for warmth against the cold. Nightfall, despite the biting cold, was when she came into her element having lived and moved amongst the shadows for so long. Able to see better in the dark, she was the party's eyes during the long hours of the night and her stealthy art more than helped with dispatching a few troublesome orcs.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien readied her horse and asked, “How many of you also have mounts? If it is only myself, then I shall likely be roaming up and around our march, alternating from supporting Nit as she leads our trek to ensure we do not get lost and returning back to the main group and watching the back trail.”

“This way, I can be a quick reaction in case we are approached from either flank or behind.”


Dangerous Encounter
Shooting 1d8+3!!: [6]+3 = 9 Wild 1d6+3!!: [2]+3 = 5

Loot Roll from previous post was 3 for Chest of gems.
1d4!

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Road
9 Mirtul 1370/Mid-Morning
Brisk
Round 0

“We have two horses and a wagon,” Felicity told Tyrien. “Because of the snow, it will still probably be slow – or mud, if we hit a thaw. But scouts would definitely be good to have,” she said with a smile. “Let me know if you need me to purchase anything before we go. We have a bit of money left.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Nit »

Success and 2 Raises on Survival
Survival 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [8!, 3]+[6!, 1] = 18 +2 for Woodsman and +1 from Support =14 total
"No mount for me," she says. "If I need to go faster, I can always be a deer."

Nit isn't happy with the decision to stick to the roads, but at least it made the trip laughably easy to navigate. She and Shine take every chance they got to use the shortcuts and hideaways only the two of them seemed to know about, and the miles speed by.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland looks around. "So what are we waiting for. Lets head out and get this over with."
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late Afternoon
Brisk


The further north they went the worst the weather got. It was supposed to be late spring but the weather was still very cold and winter would not loosen it's grip. As they spotted the town most were excited to make it to the inn and enjoy a warm fire and dry bed for the night. It was not long before that excitement disappeared. When they entered the small inn it was jammed, there had to be close to 70 people in the common room. When @Felicity Clover approached the barkeep she was told they could enjoy the fire if they could find a spot and there might be some food to be had but every room was full. The Raven's Claw had come into town last night and were heading for North to sign on for the war. The good news if there was any was they were leaving in the morning.

Heading back outside Fliss reports what she learned to the others.

What do you do with no rooms available? Do you do anything special in town?
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

One Night On The Road

The further north they travelled, the more Llolfaen longed for the embrace of the Underdark. She barely coped with the freezing cold and snow laden winds as they travelled along the roads, she'd even acquired a blanket to wrap round herself over the top of her piwafwi to help ward off the cold. Each stop where they made camp and lit a fire proved to be a respite, even if she had to keep watch during the hours of darkness.

One particular night, though reluctantly leaving the inviting warmth of the campfire, Llolfaen stalked the perimeter of the party's camp slipping from shadow to shadow amongst the trees to ensure that no uninvited guests tried sneaking up whilst the party was resting. Thankfully orcs had yet to properly master the art of being subtle, though there were other foes who were more than capable of exploiting the shadows. However, Llolfaen silently cursed herself for no matter how light of foot she tried being the snow she stood upon somehow crunched under her weight.

A sudden shuffling in a nearby patch of snow made her freeze, a hand reaching for a dagger.

As she held still and waited, she saw a small creature start clawing it's way out of the snow before it finally revealed itself as a hairy spider roughly the same size as a human hand. Llolfaen lowered her blade, a little, as she observed the spider which she had thought was only found in the Underdark. Puzzlement filled her mind as she wondered how such a creature came to be on the Surface, but then she saw that the spider had a curious pattern on it's back almost like a symbol...

She spun round as she felt a presence behind her, almost looking over her shoulder. Llolfaen caught the glimpse of...something for the briefest of moments, but despite the ever so fleeting glance she knew what the presence was. Yes, she knew alright. Every Drow would know that presence.


Calling Horns

Llolfaen's mind was still troubled by the time the party reached Calling Horns, she hoped that the party took her troubles for being caused by the cold that had seemingly grown worse. Regardless, an unsettling thought still plagued about her cause of action as she had what could be described as a crisis of faith. Sure she had set out with her own selfish goals at the forefront of her mind, but she'd ended up becoming aligned with those determined to oppose the goals of her people. She had a sinking feeling that she would have to make some difficult choices in her immediate future.

The issue of the inn's lack of room failed to provide much of a distraction for her, though it did stoke her irritation at the inconvenience that was caused by the matter. Loathed as she was to admit it, she had to look to the others to decide what to do now regarding the situation.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Persuasion 4
Persuasion 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late afternoon
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity frowned as the innkeeper said there were no more rooms available. Apparently this Raven’s Claw was a mercenary group.

“Can we get a spot on the common room floor?” Felicity asked. “Or at least some space in the stables? It’s cold out.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien followed Fliss inside the inn. Even if the inn was too crowded, she did have a tent. But with the weather turning cold, she would prefer to stable her mount at least, even if she pitched the tent just outside.

"Indeed, Good Tavern Keeper. If a spot in the Common Room be hard to come by, at least is there availability for my horse in the stable? Or could I pitch my tent out back? Some might be interested in the hay loft, should you have one."

"Tis cold outside this evening, most like, and I know you would not want potential customers to be left out in it, yes?"



Persuasion 1d4!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d4!!: [2] = 2

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late Afternoon
Brisk


"Aye, it is a cold one today. The floor is full of them. You can have the hay loft. No heat up there but it is out of the wind" the innkeep said. He looked hard at @Felicity Clover and then @Tyrien e'Adrianne and finally said "no charge to sleep in the loft. 2 silver 3 coppa to stable and feeds the horses. 6 coppa' each for a bowl of stew, sorry the bread has run out for the day."

While he waited for their answer the inn keep return to serving the massive throng in the common room and yelling at the rowdy ones not to break his crockery.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late afternoon
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity nodded. “Thank you. We’ll take it,” she said, pulling out the money for the meal and the horses out of the party fund. “The loft won’t be so bad,” she tried to reassure the others. “The body heat of the horses will help. And the hay. We’ll just have to get…cozy together,” she said with a playful smile.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Nodding in acceptance Roland agreed with a flirting smile. "I have spent more than one evening enjoyably keeping warm in a loft. No need to argue against it now."
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen's eye twitched when she was told where the party would be spending the night, she certainly didn't share the two halflings' optimism. She had tolerated human beds and even a bedroll during their journey across the wilderness, but in with the beasts of burden it seemed they'd hit the bottom of the barrel as far as she was concerned.

"...Cosy?" Asked Llolfaen in a dry, unamused tone.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien shrugged. She imagined sleeping bunched together with halflings would be like a mother sharing her bed with her children... or bitch snuggling with her pups. Either way, it made sense if the night would be cold. "Don't worry, Llolfaen, the hay up there will help warm bodies enough that you will not need to stuff a hobbit in the foot of your bedroll to warm your feet."

"I do suggest we have a rotating watch, though."



Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:35 am
"I do suggest we have a rotating watch, though."[/b]
Roland lets out a snicker at some inner joke only he understood. "Oh, keeping watch seems like something that should be done. I volunteer to go first." He confirms.
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:35 am Tyrien shrugged. She imagined sleeping bunched together with halflings would be like a mother sharing her bed with her children... or bitch snuggling with her pups. Either way, it made sense if the night would be cold. "Don't worry, Llolfaen, the hay up there will help warm bodies enough that you will not need to stuff a hobbit in the foot of your bedroll to warm your feet."

"I do suggest we have a rotating watch, though."



Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
"Sharing a roof with the...halflings I can tolerate." Replied Llolfaen, before gesturing in the direction of the horses. "But I object to the...beasts."

"Though I have to concur with keeping a watch." She conceded.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late afternoon
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity shook her head. “You won’t be sleeping with the horses,” she said. “But you’ll be grateful they’re in the stalls below the hay loft. Their body heat will raise the temperature in the barn and help keep you warm. In the old days, that’s how folks used to build their homes. Work space and animals kept on the ground floor, and they would sleep above.”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 10/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


The others were asleep and Roland was even snoring. @Llolfaen was on watch. It was warmer in the loft with the hay and heat from the animals rising from below. Better then being out in that forsaken snow. But the smell was horrid. Sweat, feces, and animal musk all mixed together. As she sat there listening to the dark, trying to filter out the animals and Roland, she thought she ...

Roll Notice vs 7
This is a Dangerous Quick Encounter
* Critical Failure - You did not hear them coming until the dagger slammed into you chest. Take 2 wounds. Your friends are caught unaware are at -2 to their rolls.
* Failure - They rushed the loft before you could spot them. You take a wound in the insuring fight. Your friends are at -1 to their rolls.
* Success - You see them just in time. You wake your friends to help. You are able to help repel them but you take "Bumps and Bruises."
* Raise - You see them coming a mile away. You quietly wake your friends and they get +1 to their rolls.

Everyone else
If Llofaen makes her notice roll and wakes you you can join the DQE and roll any appropriate skill
Use ammo and PP rules as written
Dice rolls
roll 1d5: [4] = 4
Stealth 1d8!!: [7] = 7
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Benny

Notice 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7

Bumps & Bruises - 1 Level of Fatigue.
Llolfaen was less than amused with the stench rising up from the animals below and Roland's snoring, she was beginning to suspect the halfling wizard to have orc or even ogre heritage somewhere in his bloodline. The grating snoring was slowly getting on her nerves, but over the sound she heard the stable door creak as figures entered the building and she caught a glimpse of metal.

Thinking quickly, she sharply jabbed the still sleeping party members to wake them quickly.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Faith 10 Raise, Power Points 7
Faith 1d12!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!+1: [9!!]+1 = 10
Power Points 3d6: [3, 1, 3] = 7
Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late night
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity breathed quietly as she tucked herself down in the straw and curled up with the others for warmth. She was jerked awake by Lolfaen, however, just as someone attacked them. She rolled to her feet, reaching for her holy symbol and calling on Tymora to bless and protect them as the fight commenced in earnest.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 3/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 5/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien crawled out of her bedroll at the warning and she had quicksilver readily at hand, stringing it automatically as she stood. She moved cautiously to get into position beside the dark elf on watch, casting her protection magic to help against any attackers that might be coming after them.

"Who or what is it?" she whispered.


Casting Protection, +1PP for Improved
Spellcasting 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [13!!] = 13 = +4 to Toughness

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 11 (2) Increased with Protection
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


As the group looked at the 3 unconscious men, they could not discern any telling features. All 3 wore nondescript clothing and appeared to be completely average. However as they searched them, it became apparent they were not average. All of them carried several hidden daggers secreted about their person.

You can roll notice.
You find this tattoo on the back of all 3 men.
Jaezred_Chaulssin_-_Symbol.JPG.jpg
Jaezred_Chaulssin_-_Symbol.JPG.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 7225 times
Now roll Common Knowledge -2. Llofaen may roll with no penalty.
It is the symbol of Jaezrad Chaulssin. A guild of drow assassins.

GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Notice 5
Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Common Knowledge 3
-2 difficulty
Common Knowledge 1d4!-2: [4!, 1]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late night
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity carefully confiscated the daggers that the group found on the three men they had overcome, studying them for any clues as to why they had attacked. She found the same tattoo on all of them, some kind of bone or fang with a black winged dagger dripping with poison. She didn’t recognize the iconography, however.

“Hey, anyone know what this means?” Fliss asked the others, shining the torch on the tattoos.


***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 3/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 6/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 5, Common Knowledge 4
Notice 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

Common Knowledge 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

"They're from an assassins’ guild." Llolfaen stated upon seeing the symbol. "A drow assassins’ guild."

"I've heard of them but I've never had any dealings with them." She continued. "But I doubt this was some random attack."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

"Why would the Drow be bothering with us. Shouldn't they be hiring men for bigger fish than us." Then turning to @Llolfaen he asks. "Do you have enemies among your people that know where you are? Could this have been against you more than against us?"
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien took a look at the tattoos after Fliss pointed them out. Drow assassin guild recruiting humans was interesting enough. That Llolfaen would be of the people that knew about them was another bit of information that had been kept unspoken for some time.

"Well, the drow are involved with providing weapons to the orcs. We stopped their activities a few days again and were rather obvious in heading this way. I think it is more of the same, the orcs and their allies are going to keep us from joining in the war should they find us. Were we a target of opportunity or we were deliberately sought out? That might be the better question."

"But we do have some people to ask. We better search them more thoroughly so they cannot suicide on us nor get away once we wake them up. let us tie them up and then dangle them from rafter beams to be upside down. That should put them in the right frame of mind to begin question them."


Searching them more thuroughly
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 3+1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

"A drow has very few friends." Llolfaen replied in response to Roland's question. "But I've taken measures to not leave a trail to follow and this particular band tends to go for far more important targets."

"But she," Added Llolfaen after hearing Tyrien's suggestion. "She talks sense."

"Though I would be asking myself right now, what about that company of warriors in the inn?"
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Search roll 8
Boost Trait Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! and +1 to highest from Amulet, +2 to highest from limitations.: [4]+[1] = 5
Searching Drow Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [2]+[8!!] = 10
Rolls nods in understanding, then moves over to the prisoners and begins searching them for suicide or escape options. "Someone better take a second look behind me. No telling what I might miss."
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Search 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
"I'd better be the one to double check." Said Llolfaen. "After all, it is my area of expertise."

After Roland had finished his search, Llolfaen checked over the would be assassins checking for hidden pouches and anything else of interest. She took her time a little bit, paying attention to areas favoured by those who worked in the shadows to hide stuff.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


As @Roland and @Llolfaen searched the assassins, Roland noticed an arcane aura on all three men. As he studied closer @Tyrien e'Adrianne got some rope and began to tie up the men. Then she threw a loop around their legs and tossed the other end across a rafter beam.

You can tell the spell is disguise. The men are actually drow.


@Tyrien e'Adrianne and anyone that is helping her will need to roll athletics.
crit failure = your knows fail and the men wake and free themselves before you notice
failure = men wake up before you get them in the air and start thrashing. This makes lifting them harder and your first task roll is -2.
Success = men are lifted in the air and you can start the dramatic task
Raise = they wake off dazed and you are +2 to your first task roll.

Questioning them is a dramatic task. You will need to get 8 tokens in 2 rounds to get any answers.
I will roll cards to see if there are any clubs. 1-4 are jokers. Anything divisible by 4 except 4 is a club.
Dice rolls
Roland 1d54: [33] = 33
Llofaen 1d54: [13] = 13
Fliss 1d54: [35] = 35
Tyrien 1d54: [16] = 16
Nit 1d54: [26] = 26
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland thinks for a moment on the best way to handle things. Roland's skills at carousing was something that often came in handy. Convincing his friends that he had something they wanted was always the core and letting them feel they were in charge was just as important.
Secretly passing the information that the prisoners are Drow in disguise on to the others he began asking questions and working with the 'human' bandits. Drawing out little slips of information they did not even know he was aware of and more often even they were unaware of sharing.

1 Success
Persuasion 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [2]+[2] = 4
Benny that. What is the point is social skills if they fail? Persuasion 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [6]+[1] = 7
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien commented as she worked around Roland and Llolfaen in their searching. "What do you mean regarding the warriors in the inn? Do you think they were the targets of the assassins, or in league with them?"

After the searching was completed, she secured the rope bindings and hoisted them upside down to dangle from the rafters with their heads about 4 feet from the ground. She spaced them out so they could not touch each other, and their wrists were bound behind their backs.

She made some arcane gestures that would increase generate some mana into her abilities.

Tyrien added her own words to the interrogation, "Now you know it is best to cooperate if you want to be free again. This doesn't have to be unpleasant... at least not any more unpleasant than it already is.

Althetics 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5 - Success Dramatic Taks begin.
Tyrien suffers Club complication

Spellcasting Boost Trait 1d8!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1 +2 to persuasion, negates Complication
Persuasion 1d4!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Use a Benny
Persuasion 1d4!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Use 2nd Benny
Persuasion 1d4!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Use 3rd Benny
Persuasion 1d4!!: [15!!] = 15 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Boost Persuasion 16; Raise 2 die types
Faith 1d12!!+1: [15!!]+1 = 16
Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Persuasion 14; 3 tokens
Persuasion 1d12!!: [14!!] = 14
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late night
Brisk
Round 1

Tyrien hefted the two assassins on ropes from the rafters, leaving them dangling and hogtied. Jinx winced. That had to be painful. Hopefully that would make them talk more.

Jinx quietly prayed to Tymora to alter her luck, make her words more convincing. Then she walked over to the dangling men, giving one a nudge so he spun around to look at her. She smiled.

“We can do this easy or hard, loves,” she said. “I prefer easy. I don’t want to break a nail or anything. And hard is so…messy. Now why are you here in a barn trying to kill a group of innocent travelers? Who sent you, and what are those tattoos of yours I found?”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 3/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 6/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Athletics 4, Intimidation 8
Athletics 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Benny

Athletics 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Intimidation 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 pm"What do you mean regarding the warriors in the inn? Do you think they were the targets of the assassins, or in league with them?"
"The former." Llolfaen replied as she lent Tyrien a hand with hoisting the would-be assassin to then lent them dangle from their ankles, first by double-checking their bindings were nice and tight and then helped with pulling the ropes. Her mind was just as busy as your hands, thinking over how best to approach questioning the men. The fact that they seem to work for a drow assassin's guild of all things gave her a hunch to go on.

As the men stirred, she lent in and spoke to them in Undercommon.

Undercommon
@Technospawn "Speak truthfully and your deaths will be quick; Why did you strike at us?"
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


As the 3 awoke they began to squirm violently for a few minutes. Soon they realized their bindings were secure. As the party interrogated them the men remined mute for several minutes. Finally the three dropped all pretenses. The whole bodies were obscured by shadows for a second then the the shadows cleared and the 3 were obviously drow. Then of the smallest of the bunch spoke in
"I will not speak to the darthiir. You are no better. Walking among them and befriending them. I will tell you this tho because I will rejoice in watching your fear. The contract was for you. Kelica paid well for your death. So well you are already dead for the brother never fail a contract. And killing females is what we excel at. They come and soon the contract will be complete."


All three drow then become very silent and no amount of questioning gets any more answers from them.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

It took all of Llolfaen's self-controlled to try and avoid reacting to the name the assassin said, not all that surprising but unexpected all the same. She was hedging her bets on nobody else in the party being able to understand the language spoken, least any awkward questions were asked. She sighed and turned to the group.

"That went as expected...mostly insults, expected nothing less from such low-lifes." She stated. "From what I could gather, they're after those heading to help out with that war...so probably an idea to check in on that company in the inn."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late night
Brisk
Round 0

Felicity frowned. “That’s it?” she asked. “Why blow their cover by trying to kill us, though? There are a lot of people here. Did they expect to try and kill everyone?”

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 8/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 6/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland thinks this is grim work and he hated the idea of 'rough questioning' it did not sit right with him the closer they got to it. "I do not like the idea of torturing. But these guys tried to murder us and have most likely murdered many others. They should be put to justice."

His face cringing a bit. "I do not have the stomach for what would be needed to get whatever else they could be hiding from them."
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien listened to Llolfaen interrogation and frowned at what appeared to be a lack of results. Then the facade was gone, and reality of their foe set in.

"I suppose you are correct, Llolfaen. We know pretty much all we need to. The drow want to stop us and they are willing to send assassins to do it. We sort of expected it. Mayhap the locals shall want to try them and execute them. What else can be done with drow assassins. Ceratin cannot throw them in a dungeon nor let them go."

She nodded in agreement to check on those inside the inn to ensure there were no other assassins working inside there. "However, we cannot leave these dangling and unattended."

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Felicity Clover wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 amFelicity frowned. “That’s it?” she asked. “Why blow their cover by trying to kill us, though? There are a lot of people here. Did they expect to try and kill everyone?”
"No." Replied Llolfaen. "Not everyone."

"Their purpose was to spread terror." She explained. "What better way to unsettle somebody than them waking up and finding one of their fellows with a knife in the back? Sap your foe's will to fight by having them glance over their shoulders and jump at shadows all the time."

"With us...it was luck."

"Some of us should stay here on guard whilst the others check out the inn and rouse somebody." She added. "But they're as good as dead no matter what we decide to do with them, failure isn't an acceptable word for my...people."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland scratches his head. None of this made sense and he felt like he was missing something significant. "Well whatever their motivation was. I feel like we should be running away from this location as soon as possible. The sooner we can get this stuff over and return to some warm inns and beautiful ladies the better."
He says ready to move on as a couple of fairies help clear things up. He did not have thoughts clear enough to express. But at least he could be ready to move on and get away from here. No telling how much time the Drow had to share their location and the fact they found the team. Then it comes to him clearly. Why would any of us or even all of us be important enough for assassins to come. It would be easier if they murdered women and children in their sleep, not skilled mages and soldiers.
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien looked askance at Llolfaen as she asked, "Would you stay here and guard them?" She gestured at the prisoners.

"Alone or with a partner? Mayhap, Nit would be more comfortable staying outside."

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:19 am Tyrien looked askance at Llolfaen as she asked, "Would you stay here and guard them?" She gestured at the prisoners.

"Alone or with a partner? Mayhap, Nit would be more comfortable staying outside."

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
"It would take at least two people to guard them." Answered Llolfaen. "I'd rather avoid the inn and any complications that may arise."

"We should pair up our strongest and weakest if we split our numbers." Llolfaen. "Or we just simply rouse the innkeeper about our captives."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Llolfaen wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:43 am

"We should pair up our strongest and weakest if we split our numbers." Llolfaen. "Or we just simply rouse the innkeeper about our captives."
"I do not see why they need to be our problem. Let theguards and inn keeper know about tem and there will be justice. We need to just get going." Withouth thinking much of it Roland sends off two of his friends to pack and bring his things.
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien shook her head in response to Roland, "Leave now in the middle of the night? I think not. We still need to finish resting for the long journey ahead tomorrow. Besides, the assassins are already here and have been stopped. Word of their failure will spread later regardless and we shall have departed by then."

She looked to Fliss, "I can accompany you inside the inn."

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Llolfaen simply nods as Tyrien offered to be one of the ones to head over to the inn with Fliss, then did a slow walk round of the captive Drow assassins trying to spy whether their rope bounds were still secured. She didn't have much faith in the bindings holding the would-be assassins for any great deal of time, sooner or later they would break unless another method was employed.

"You." Llolfaen said abruptly to @Roland. "Can you bind them with your magic?"

As she awaited the Halfling's response, she addressed the assassins directly and spoke in the Drow tongue.

Drowtalk eh?
"Tell me this; How does Kelica reward failure?"
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Shaking his head. "No, we could bind them as long as I watched them. But as soon as I slept my friends would leave and they would be free."
User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Felicity Clover »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/Late night
Brisk
Round 0

“It is a stable,” Felicity pointed out to Llolfaen and the others. “There should be plenty of rope and tack to restrain them. Get creative.” She smiled, and then went with Tyrien shivering across the yard to the inn.

There were only a few people left in the common room, half passed out in the cups. Most of the room had been pushed to the side to provide space for the less fortunate to spread out a bedroll and try to sleep. Fliss stepped lightly and carefully around them until she found the innkeeper’s rooms and knocked lightly on his door.

***
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
3 longswords
1 battle axe
2 chain mail
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 2 sp, 0 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Tyrien - female elven archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 7 (6 without shield) Toughness: 7 (2)
PP: 8/10
Powers: Alter Luck (Boost/Lower Trait), Cure Wounds (Healing), Lesser Restoration (Relief), Sanctuary, Smite
  • Favored Powers: Healing, Sanctuary, Smite
Channeling: On a raise on a Faith roll, reduce Power Point cost by 1. This can reduce to 0
Bennies: 6/4 Conviction: 1
Sling stones: 20
Rations: 10
Encumbrance: 36/40
Money: 33.80 gp
Major Healing Potion
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien tiptoed through the inn's common room, trying not to disturb anyone actually sleeping. She kept her eye out for any that were not sleeping and potentially leaking bodily fluids.

"Mayhap, no assassins got in here," she pondered in a whisper.

Stealth 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Perception 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


It took a minute but the inn keeper finally came to the door. He was bleary eyed and groggy. By the time @Felicity Clover finished her tail he eyes had cleared and he was very upset. He apologized to her several times. "If I had let you sleep in the inn those nasty drow would never had gotten near you. Oh Tymora, I am so sorry young lady." He turns around and rouses his wife. Then comes back to the door. "Elsy will fix you a nice cup of hot chocolate to help thaw you out while I go fetch the watch." He pulls on his heaver overcoat then stops and turns to Fliss. "Do you think there are more of them in the inn or maybe out in the night." The color drains from his face.

@Tyrien e'Adrianne Searched the common quietly but did not see any signs of foul play. Everyone seemed to be breathing and there were no sings of a fight.

As @Llolfaen watched the drow and questioned them further, @Roland continued to get ready to leave. The drow refused to answer any more questions. After about 10 minutes they heard a vaguely familiar voice call out :when subtlety fails try the direct approach." A split second later a fireball exploded in the hay loft barely missing @Roland. The dry hay immediately caught fire and soon the barn was catching too.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 5
Notice 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Llolfaen heard the voice and noted that it sounded familiar, though she didn't get much of an opportunity to ponder this fact as the hay loft suddenly exploded into flames. She uttered a curse in Drow before shouting at @Roland. "Go!"

With one last look at the captive assassins, she called out in their shared tongue not caring whether they responded.

Drow
"Next we meet, you'll feel my blade upon you."
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien stayed near the doorway, waving away the offer for hot chocolate. "My gratitude, but that will not be necessary. Should you go outside, I would accompany you. We do not know if the assassins were alone. In fact, we were checking see if any had struck in here as well. Looks like not."

She glanced outside to check.

Seeing the fireball explode in the barn, she called out a warning. "FIRE. The Barn is on fire!"

Nocking an arrow, she moved outside and into the night to see where that projectile might have come from.

Perception 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 13
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Getting away from the fire as fast as he can Roland looks for the source of the voice. There was something familiar about it and his curiosity was not going to let this go.

Where are you? Notice 1d6! or Wild 1d6!: [3]+[5] = 8
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


Searching quickly around the barn they were unable to find the caster. The fire continued to engulf the hay loft and spreading to the structure. If a few minute the barn would be a complete loss.

Tough decisions
Fight the fire in the barn (need 4 Tokens in 1 round)
Roll:
  • Athletics to haul water
  • Water or Ice Magic


Find the caster (need 4 Tokens in 1 round)
He is invisible roll Notice -4

GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 6
Notice 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [8!!]-2 = 6
Leaving the flames for others to deal with, Llolfaen focuses her attention on finding the caster having determine them to be the greater issue. To her the barn was just a building which could be replaced, whilst the caster on the other hand was a threat and needed to be dealt with accordingly. With hands ready to draw her weapons at a moment's notice, she hunted the dark for the elusive foe.

What was that?

It looked like a brief shimmer, a seemingly empty space of air but it didn't quite look quite right.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Did you say Ice Magic 1d12!! or 1d6!! and +1 to highest: [4]+[11!!] = 15



As the fire starts spreading Roland quickly calls on his friends summoning all the water and ice he can. Each time the fire begins to expand in a direction it is trapped to find that find that area already sheathed a nice not only preventing the heat from spreading but as the ice melthat's the ice melt putting water on the fire.
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien hissed over her shoulder at Fliss, “I will look for the spell caster, you try to help put out the fire.”

The archer moved away from the inn’s doorway, conjuring some magical energy to enhance her senses.

She moved carefully in the direction she thought the fireball might have come from, checking the ground for signs of passage.

OOC: Wrote it as if Fliss takes care of the last putting out Fire. If she fails and Not fails, then divert my attempt towards Athletics (if these rolls are good of course).
Spellcasting 1d8!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1 - Boosted Skill Roll
Athletics/Notice 1d6+2!!: [2]+2 = 4 Wild 1d6+2!!: [1]+2 = 3

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 11
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


As @Llolfaen and @Tyrien e'Adrianne searched for the spellcaster they found something more interesting. They found a trio of drow warriors. The drow were attacking a human and a dwarf. The dwarf was badly wounded and fallen to one knee. He was making a desperate attempt to keep the drow at bay. The human was fairing a little better. He had a few minor scratches and no major wounds but he was tiring quickly. The drow continued to press the hard and it was obvious they have the advantage.

While the fight was distracting the fire continued in the barn but had been lessened by the power ice magic of @Roland and the caster was still at loose.

Token count
Put fire out 3/4
Find caster 2/4

@Hardal Far-Gilortek you have 2 wounds but also have a potion of healing on you.
@Loghain you have 1 fatigue.

Defeating the trio of drow will be a Dangerous Quick Encounter for Hardal, Loghain, and anyone that wants to help.

You can only do 1 task or the quick encounter.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Hardal Far-Gilortek
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Hardal Far-Gilortek »

Beaten down to one knee, Hardal gasped as the pain from his wounds shot through him. "This is NOT my time!" He reached back into his pouch, pulled out the vial and popping the seal, quaffed the entire vial at once, feeling it's healing magic flow though him, releaving some of the pain and helping him breathe easier.
User avatar
Loghain
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:25 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Loghain »

Loghain’s breath came hard, the constant flow of combat was beginning to wear on him. The drow were staggering their assaults, one taking a moment’s rest while the others continued their attacks, ensuring there was no respite for either he or his companion. Thus far, Loghain had held his own, taking a defensive stance
Martial Flexibility – Improved Block and Improved Counterstrike
he was able to challenge each attack with sword and shield and deny them the advantage of their numbers.

Seeing the dwarf drop to a knee, seemingly succumbing to his injuries, he knew he had to act quickly, or they would both be overcome. A murmured prayer, barely heard over the clash of steel, followed by a bellowing roar of “Tempus!” as he allowed the Battle Fury to wash over him.

Fatigue fled, his shield and sword weighed nothing, and his only focus was the drow challenging him. Sword and shield before him strode over the dwarf, placing himself between the drow and him.


Fighting (Wild Attack: +2 fighting, +2 damage) - !1d12+4: [4]+4 = 8
Frenzy Die (if allowed) - !1d12+4: [12]+4 = 16 + !1d12: [7] = 7 = 23
Wild - !1d6: [2] = 2
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien continued to search around with an arrow nocked, ready to loose it. She glanced at the drow altercation, but the two fending off the would be assassins looked to be okay for the moment. That spellcaster flinging fireballs would be more dangerous if they were still lurking around.

"Come on, come on, where are you?" she muttered.

"Llolfaen, do you see that bugger spell flinger?"


Notice 1d6+2!!: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 11
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Notice 5
Notice 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Benny

Notice 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Whilst embarked on her own personal quest to track down the spellcaster, Llolfaen spied the trio of Drow attacking what looked to be a Human and Dwarf. She presumed the latter group were more adventurers, they would probably be useful in a fight but right now they were keeping the Drow distracted. Of course there was the prospect that the Drow might prevail and potentially cause problems for her, but she deemed the spellcaster the greater threat when she weighed up her options and thus that remained her current goal.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland was getting annoyed at these Drow. Every time he turned around another one was trying to kill someone. Usually one of his friends for that matter. As he interjected covering their boots in ice one of the drow foolishly tried to hit Roland with his own spell, for the flames to simply wash over him causing only slight flesh wounds (fatigue). The others pretty much had it handled only requiring simple cantrips from Roland.

"Maybe we will get lucky and they will have enough on them to buy me another bottle of wine?" He comments as the drow go down.

Success
Spellcasting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with a +1: [4]+[3] = 7
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Nit »

Nit and Shine emerge from the shadows dancing along the ground and Nit sees the fire. "Something is always on fire with you people," she says. Her fingers dance in the air and she begins chanting in druidic, calling on the elements to help her, hoping it will go better for her this time around.

Faith 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [2]+[4] = 6
, dousing the flames.

To Shine, she says, "Go track whoever it is the others are looking for," and the big panther bounds off.
Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [5]+[6!, 5] = 16 -4 = 7
and begins tracking the spellcaster.

OOC: 1 token from Nit for putting out the fire, 1 token from Shine for finding the spellcaster
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
14 Mirtul 1370/ Late night
Brisk


@Tyrien e'Adrianne and @Llolfaen finally spotted the caster. It was a halfling. In one hand he held a wand and in the other he held a wicked looking short sword. He bowed deeply to both of the them then stepped into a purple portal that appeared beside him. Before they could move to grab him the portal closed and the alley was left in darkness with just the glow of the fire behind them.

The fire spelled rolled over @Roland and did little damage but the effort to keep his ice defenses up took a toll on him (1 fatigue). @Hardal Far-Gilortek breathed a sigh of relief as the potion began to heal him and bind his wounds. But his distraction while drinking the bottle cost him and one of the drow was able to score a wicked hit on his left shoulder. The wound was deep and began bleeding profusely (1 wound). Since Roland had frozen the drow in place it was easy for @Loghain to finish off drow in short order. Looking around he could see that Roland was tired but uninjured, but Hardal was deeply wounded.

@Nit Was able to summon enough water to help the villages finally put the fire out. The barn was only partially ruined and could probably be salvaged. Shine arrived just in time to see the caster disappear.

You search for a while and all the drow are gone for now. Post an interlude to earn a benny. The interlude should cover the 2 days you spend in the town before you move on. Do you react to the human and dwarf? Do you help recruit them to your cause? Do you do anything special in town? Does anyone heal the dwarf?
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Nit »

Nit, satisfied the fire is out, says, "I have been away. What are we doing now?" She offers no explanation as to the reason for her absence.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Hardal Far-Gilortek
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Hardal Far-Gilortek »

Hardal grimmaced as he moved. Looking over to @Loghain he tried to smile. "Good fight! Next time though, maybe you get to take the worst of it?"

He turned to @Roland. "Well met! your timing is excellent, although perhaps a bit late. We appreciate the assist."
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien frowned as it took too long to nail down that spell caster. Again a halfling. She thought he looked familiar. It was disconcerting that he could escape with magic. He was dangerous and could surprise them easily in the future if portals were easy to generate.

"Nit, you must have been dreaming. We arrived yesterday and tis only the middle of the night after you took rest from our travels to this village. You missed nothing except the first drow assassins trying to kill us."

"You two look to have attracted drow assassins like we have. Or maybe it is just the village being targeted and we all just happen to be here. Good fortune for them that we prevented death and helped put out the fire."

"I am Tyrien e'Adrianne ."


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 11
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen muttered a few choice Drow curses under her breath as the spellcaster got away, Halflings had certainly proven to be more trouble than they were worth. It did surprise her to discover such a...lesser creature working with her kin, her people did not lack for the want of spellcasters of their own and so it did puzzle her as to why such an inferior was used. Granted it was feasible that it may had been a disguise, a magical illusion to mask whom the spellcaster really was.

It was something to ponder.

As Tyrien moved to introduce herself to the human and dwarf who'd been assailed by the assassins, Llolfaen opted instead to meld into the shadows. She imagined that the two strangers would not take too kindly to meeting another drow so soon after fending for their lives against a band of dark elves.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Nit »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:28 am
"Nit, you must have been dreaming. We arrived yesterday and tis only the middle of the night after you took rest from our travels to this village. You missed nothing except the first drow assassins trying to kill us."


Nit scratches her head, finds something clumped in her hair, and picks at it. "Oh. Well... oh. Okay, then. I'm going to see if there is more bread here. I do like bread, and it's hard to make on your own."
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
User avatar
Hardal Far-Gilortek
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Hardal Far-Gilortek »

Tyrien e'Adrianne wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:28 am ""You two look to have attracted drow assassins like we have. Or maybe it is just the village being targeted and we all just happen to be here. Good fortune for them that we prevented death and helped put out the fire."

"I am Tyrien e'Adrianne ."
Hardal frowned. "I definitely hope that I didn't do anything to get one of those darkies that upset... or anyone for that matter. I prefer to think that it's just a case of bad timing."

His expression became lighter and he began smiling. "I would say it was good fortune in many ways." A bolt of pain shot through him and he flinched before continuing. "Although the fortune and your arrival could have been just a bit quicker. "

He bowed, grimacing as he did. "A true pleasure. Hardal Far-Gilortek at your service."
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien gave a curt nod at the dwarf's whining. She did not like dwarves in general. But he was not exactly wrong, even if she disagreed, "Sure, we could have been faster to save your arse. However, saving the village from burning down and locating the lil' shite spellcaster flinging fireballs around fell more important. Besides, you live and look none the worse for it."

"However, if you think this fight is not your business, then maybe you are not aware that war is coming, and the Drow have been supplying the weapons to fuel it. By just being here in the village you are a threat to them as we are."


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 11
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Loghain
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:25 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Loghain »

Oblivious to the conversation taking place behind him, Loghain rode the last waves of Tempus' fury. Staring at the bodies of the assassin's as his grip slowly relaxed on his sword and his shoulders slumped, breath coming hard from the exertion. He crouched down long enough to wipe his blade clean on the cloak of a nearby drow, before sheathing his sword and turning to greet the others.

Taking stock of the newcomers he disregards Nit and Roland to first offer his hand to Tyrien, greeting a fellow warrior as an equal. He firmly grasps her forearm if she reciprocates. "Your help is appreciated, friends. I am Loghain." He offered nods in greeting to Nit and Roland.
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland looks a little distracted as everyone greets one another. He is obviously looking for another ambush. "Maybe we should get somewhere not here? I mean we keep getting ambushed in this town, so it is not really the safest place."
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien gestured around the night, "I am not sure we should pack up in the middle if the night to continue onward. We stopped here to rest and we have handled the two attacks in the last few minutes. We have three prisoners and few more dead assassins. Why that halfling got away, he ported in here and could potentially do the same elsewhere to if he wanted."

"Though, I would agree that we need to rest up this remaining night and continue on to Silverymoon in the morn."


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 11
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Loghain
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:25 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Loghain »

With a deep chuckle he clapped Roland on the shoulder, "Let them come! The night is still young and Tempus watches us."

Loghain turned to Hardal, gesturing to his freshly bloodied shoulder, "That needs bound my friend." He then turned to the others again, "Is there a healer in your group?"
User avatar
Roland
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Roland »

Roland winces a little as the powerful man claps his shoulder. "Um..., okay." he says unsure how to respodnd. Sure the big guy could handle fights all day and night. But Roland was born to be a lover, and constant combat was never something he really expected in life. He was afterall a man of comforts.
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen continued to observe the newcomers from the shadows, gauging whether to introduce herself yet. The human seemed to still be spoiling for a fight, so perhaps it was wiser to linger in the dark and perhaps exchange a word with Tyrien at some point. In the mean time, Llolfaen considered stalking through the rest of the village to see whether she could spy any more potential trouble.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien nodded towards the tavern, "The lass Fliss inside was capable of some healing. But not I, nor our dark-skinned scout, nor our druid... Roland, do you have any skills at healing that I am unaware of?" she asked doubtfully.

"My guess you shall have to sleep on it and walk it off. Whatever first aid skill I possess would be amateur at best and cause more harm than good. I tend to put arrows into things, not fix the damage they do."

Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 11
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Hardal Far-Gilortek
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Hardal Far-Gilortek »

Loghain wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:37 pm With a deep chuckle he clapped Roland on the shoulder, "Let them come! The night is still young and Tempus watches us."

Loghain turned to Hardal, gesturing to his freshly bloodied shoulder, "That needs bound my friend." He then turned to the others again, "Is there a healer in your group?"
Hardal smiled at Loghain's enthusiasm for battle as it seemed to match his own. "I wholeheartedly agree my friend. I seem to be out of anything to do that though." He anxiously awaited to hear if the group had a healer, for as much as he hated asking for help, he knew he needed it this time in case more of the dark elves or their allies might arrive suddenly.
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Technospawn »

Calling Horns
15 Mirtul 1370/ Early Morning
Brisk


It took a while for everyone to calm down after the action but some of them went back to sleep. The next day they decided to push forward to Silverymoon. No use waiting here to be killed in their sleep. One of the other guests at the inn had bound @Hardal Far-Gilortek shoulder. He could not use it for now but he would live and it would heal. Somehow during the night @Felicity Clover had gone missing. There were signs of a struggle but she was gone. Her friends did not want to leave without her but they were sure she was no longer in town. So they gathered their gear and loaded the wagon. Heading east out of the town they pushed towards Silverymoon.

The next town is 2 days down the road. Post an interlude to cover those 2 days of journey. Roll 1d4 for suite.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Tyrien e'Adrianne
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Tyrien e'Adrianne »

Tyrien mounted her horse. "Nit, shall we continue as before with our scouting along the road and our flanks?" she suggested, not exactly a question since she presumed to know the answer.

She had some concern of the disappearance of Fliss. That woman had been more sociable than the others she traveled with. But only the gods knew where she had gotten off too. Mayhap they would meet again later.

Riding a horse, she ranged about faster than those walking and riding the wagon, able to provide scouting and a quick reaction force should her arrows be required to fly at any orcs or other threats. With more than one ambush being directed at them, she was particularly vigilant when stopping for the night, encouraging they camp out with some cover and concealment available.

1d4!: [2] = 2


Parry: 8 w/bow Toughness: 7 (2)
Power Points: 15
Active Powers:
Bennies: 1 Golden Benny
Weapon in Hand: Bow
Character Sheet
Notice: d6 (Low-light Vision)
Parry: 6 (7 w/Staff, 8 w/bow)
Toughness: 7 (2), * Protection could add more
Powers (Focus d8): Smite (+1 Focus), Boost Trait, Protection
User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: On the March Again

Post by Llolfaen »

1d4: [1] = 1 - Spades


Llolfaen rode on the wagon, exchanging little in the way of words with the rest of the party. She tensed up whenever she spotted a spider and she struggled to get more than a scant few hours of restless sleep. The Drow Rogue couldn't help but feel that the Queen of Spiders was stalking her, reminding Llolfaen that there would be no easy escape from the dark embrace of the dark deity that the Drow called their goddess.

It was deeply troubling for Llolfaen, the party was in effective in opposition to the Queen of Spiders' plans and that very same deity clearly wanted Llolfaen to pick a side in the upcoming conflict. Llolfaen felt she was being pressured into picking a certain side that would put her in opposition to the rest of the party.

And the time that she would have to pick sides was seemingly fast approaching.
Main Account: stormwell
User avatar
Nit
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Re: On the March Again

Post by Nit »

Interlude Roll
1d4: [3] = 3 Diamonds: How the group found something that helped them along the way, such as an oasis, minor treasure, food or water, friendly locals, etc.
Nit gives a nod to @Tyrien e'Adrianne and she and Shine melt into the wilds, scouting ahead.

The road can be arduous at times, with "civilized" people looking to take every advantage of fellow travelers. She does her best to screen such potential dangers, and she notes with appreciation that Tyrien manages to disrupt an ambush or three along the way.

While stalking through the woods, Shine finds and bats around a small sack that turns out to have coins in it. Some of the coins scatter while Shine plays with the sack, but there are still plenty left when he's done.

Coins. People value them so much. Nit has little use for them, except insofar as townsfolk will give bread in exchange for them, and she likes bread. Still, perhaps the sack will be enough to allow the others a night in an inn again. The rest of the team very much seems to like inns.

Gold and Poverty
Per Discord, the sack has 55 gp in it. Nit has the poverty hindrance, so she gets half that (28), and then a Benny from the gm.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8(2); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
and
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8; Size: Normal (1); Initiative Edges: None
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”