Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Hard Earned Coin

Post by Technospawn »

Rassalanter / The Sleeping Dragon Inn
2 Mirtul 1370 / 7th bell
Cold and windy

The rest of the night was uneventful. As you awaken and make your way downstairs she see that Devan is in good health and bustling about the inn preparing a breakfast of roasted meat and fresh bread. When he see @Felicity Clover come down he says "I hear I have to thank you for my life last night. You meals and stay are on me. If there is anything more I can do just let me know."

Niri enters the common room and approaches @Ellaria "Devan and I are leaving for Waterdeep shortly. We will take the halfling with us. He still has not awaken. You and your new party head back to Silverymoon and get started on what the High Mage has set before you. Good luck and here is the coin I promised last night. It has cleared and the snowing stopped but wind has not abated. Make sure everyone packs for the weather."

As the party comes down Devans places plates full of hot thick slabs of bacon and warm fresh bread in front of everyone. "Thank you all for saving me and my inn last night. The meal is on the house." He pours mugs of good mead and hands them out to all.

"Second Interlude"
Please write an interlude describing what you buy and do here in town before leaving to travel to Silverymoon. Everyone that does an interlude before June 11, 2020 23:59 will get a normal benny. Those that incorporate their card into their story get a second benny.

@Ali Spade - Backstory: A great victory or personal triumph.
@Clay Diamond - Backstory: Something your hero wants or already has. It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.
@Ellaria Spade - Backstory: A great victory or personal triumph.
@Felicity Clover Club - Backstory: A tale of misfortune from your hero’s past, perhaps revealing something of his Hindrances or a dark secret.
@Kolga Heart - Backstory: A tale of the hero’s greatest love— lost, found, present, or waiting on her back home.
@Llolfaen Diamond - Backstory: Something your hero wants or already has. It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.
@Roland Club - Backstory: A tale of misfortune from your hero’s past, perhaps revealing something of his Hindrances or a dark secret.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Llolfaen

Re: Hard Earned Coin

Post by Llolfaen »

Llolfaen mostly kept to herself, though she had a wary eye on the rest of the party. Though it seemed that her desire to keep her own company was going to be respected for the most part, which suited her fine. After the breakfast provided by the innkeeper, Llolfaen sought out a warmer travelling cloak for herself as it appeared that the weather would continue to remain cold for the foreseeable.

It gave her time to think.

Where the party was heading, it was likely to come into conflict with the Drow. Though they were kin to Llolfaen, they were technically estranged and distant cousins ever since her House's exile. But there was the possibly that she would encounter Kelica once more and learn of the fate that befall her twin Inshalee. Failing that, there was bound to be an opportunity to hurt House Mizzrym in order to make them pay for their part in the misfortune that had befallen her House.

Ever since it's exile, her House had harboured a strong grudge against House Mizzrym and a burning desire to reclaim it's further glory. Llolfaen, her twin and her other siblings had been brought up with this goal constantly drilled into them. To make Mizzrym pay and see their House, House Beltoryn, ascend once more to rulers of the Underdark.
Main Account: stormwell
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Please write an interlude describing what you buy and do here in town before leaving to travel to Silverymoon. Everyone that does an interlude before June 11, 2020 23:59 will get a normal benny. Those that incorporate their card into their story get a second benny.

@Clay Diamond - Backstory: Something your hero wants or already has. It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.

Clay lay still on his bed roll that he had tossed on the floor. Eyes closed he listened to the halfling Fliss get ready then head out of the room. As soon as she was gone his eyes opened and he stretched, yawning.

Standing up he winced at the pain in his back where the whipping had left scars across his backside. Running a large hand across his scars on his face he pushed away the memory. Even if he still carried the scars the torture had been years ago.

Standing, dressing and shouldering the great sword the fighter and ex-soldier stood looking out the rooms window. He saw Fliss making her way through the snowy street.

“I miss her.”

Grumbling Clay berated himself for saying it out loud.

He’d been referring to Annisa, a fellow soldier who had been captured along with him and his squad. With a grown Clay pictured her. Taller than him though much thinner. Long black hair in long braids. Green eyes....

“Damn it man. Move on. You swore to her as she died you would carry on. Live. Travel. Explore. Be alive. Miss her and honor her.”

Clay needed this trip. Needed it in his soul and heart. He swore to do more than just be a city guard. He swore to Annisa that he would be more.

... and Killll mooorrrre Red Claaay...

“Shut up Vicious.”

An inky blackness seeped out of the leather wrappings over the great sword. At his admonishment they curled away into hiding.

Grumbling Clay headed for the door.
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Felicity Clover

Post by Felicity Clover »

Networking to find a buyer for weapons (and also a laundress!) 20!
Persuasion 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Persuasion 1d6!!: [20!!] = 20
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Rassalanter/The Sleeping Dragon Inn
2 Mirtul 1370/Early morning
Freezing Storm

Felicity awakened the next morning to the delicious smells of breakfast cooking. Her stomach growled at her. “Shush!” she said quietly. Clay was still sleeping. She got quietly out of bed and tiptoed over to the washbasin, broke the ice, shivered as she washed, and then dressed in her gear before heading downstairs.

Felicity blushed at Devan’s words. “It was Tymora who saved you,” the halfling assured the innkeeper. “But I won’t say no.” She winked at him. “Do you happen to know a good laundress that can get blood out?”

Niri came are reported on the assassin, who hadn’t awakened yet. “I’ll check on him again,” Felicity said with a frown. “He shouldn’t have scarred, and he shouldn’t still be unconscious.”

Felicity pulled out the assassin’s dagger and set it on the table. She looked over at the other halfling. “Roland, can you see if this is magic?” she asked, embarrassed to admit she didn’t have that ability. “I can’t get the poison off, so I think it is magic.”

After breakfast, Fliss gathered up the bundles of weapons and her bloody underthings. She headed out into the freezing cold of winter, though the storm had cleared, and shivered. She only had her traveling clothes, and while layered and warm to an extent, they weren’t winter clothing. It didn’t help that she was a halfling and the snow was pretty deep to push through, before everyone had gotten out to clear paths.

Her poverty, even after looting the assassins, reminded Fliss of how foolishly impulsive she had been. The temple in Cormyr had assigned her to a licensed adventuring company that needed a cleric. They were going to clear out a cult of Beshaba, so obviously the temple of Tymora was interested and supportive. It was her first assignment outside of the temple. It had gone well. The cult hadn’t had a chance to really get fully established. A lot of the members had been dabblers and dilettantes, wealthy second, third, and fourth children of Suzail nobles, bored with a life with no real purpose. Many of the cultists had surrendered without a fight.

But whatever ritual they had gotten their hands on had been successful, and they had opened a portal to...somewhere. Nothing had come through. The company debated what to do, but Fliss was fascinated. She wondered where the portal went.

And so she had jumped through.

It had been stupid. Impulsive. A trait her superiors often scolded her for. And it had left her on the other side stark naked but for her holy symbol of Tymora, and halfway across Faerun in the High Forest near Silverymoon at a hidden, disused shrine to Beshaba. She’d gone from having all her needs cared for to scraping and scrounging to even get what she had, especially after the trip here from Silverymoon. And now she was heading back.

Shivering out of her reverie, Fliss trooped to the home of the woman Devan had told her could do her laundering quickly. She sheepishly handed over her bloody undergarments. She asked the woman if there was anyone in town that would be interested in buying used weapons and was given directions to the local blacksmith. As a caravan stop, apparently replacement weapons were in high demand, and the blacksmith was more than happy to have extras around that he didn’t have to make.
Selling loot
If allowed to sell for half price = 535 gp. But I got 4 raises on my Networking roll, so I don’t know if I get any bonuses for that.
That works out to 76 gp each, and 3 gp for the party fund.
Alternatively, maybe it would be a good idea to spend it on a horse and cart. Horse costs 300 gp. Not sure about the cart, though. It isn’t on the SWADE list. But likely another 200. The rest could be spent on food for the trip, perhaps?
Party Loot
9 short swords (20 lb) = 225 gp
10 daggers (10 lb) = 125 gp
1 poisoned dagger (1 lb) (Magical?) = not selling this if it’s magical
2 hand crossbows, 2 quivers, and 40 bolts (5/10/20 2d4 damage AP 1 ROF 1 Min Str d4 Weight 3 Cost 150) = 185 gp
Party fund: 3 pp, 21 gp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Ellaria - female half elf archer
Niri (NPC) - female elven bladesinger
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Healing
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Focus for Detect Arcana 1d12!!: [23!!] = 23
Focus Wild for Detect Arcana 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

"I would be more than happy to help with that." Roland enjoyed the attention and ability to be useful. Explaining the nature of the poisoned dagger to hi fellow halfling.
Kolga

Post by Kolga »

Nerom impatiently ate his food. He wanted to find out more information on their would-be assailants, and wasn't going to find it in this Common Room. It was possible some of the local low-lifes might know something about assassin's Freeling about in the dark. He decided to head out and see see what could be seen. "I'll be back in a couple of hours" he told Niri.

Networking intimidation attempt
Intimidation 1d8+1: [8]+1 = 9
Wild die 1d6+1: [5]+1 = 6

Intimidation explosion 1d8+9!!: [6]+9 = 15
Kolga
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 8(3); Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3;
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Benny: 0/1
Edit Signature
Felicity Clover

Post by Felicity Clover »

Haggling 1; sigh. Critical failure. The dice do not like me this week. Let me know what penalty you want for this.
Persuasion 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Rassalanter/The Sleeping Dragon Inn
2 Mirtul 1370/Early morning
Freezing Storm

After Roy determined the assassin’s dagger was a magical Dagger of Venom, Felicity took it back. “I will hang on to this unless anyone thinks they could use it better,” she said, tucking it into their belt.

After selling off the extra weapons collected from the assassins -- and getting a very good price! -- Felicity went to the local livery. “I need to buy a wagon and some mules and supplies,” she told the elven proprietor. He proved a bit of a hard hearted bastard, and Fliss couldn’t get him to budge on the prices, but she finally had a wagon full of supplies and two mules for their trek to Silverymoon. She drove back to the inn to await the others.
Spending 1025 gp
2 mules - 300 gp
Wagon - 60 gp (based on the cost proportion between D&D horses and SW Fantasy horses)
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (20 days) - 20 sp
7 sets of winter clothes 245 gp
Rations for 7 for a tenday 250 gp
Water for 7 for a tenday 70 gp
Pavilion 100 gp
Party Loot 1015 gp
9 short swords (20 lb) = 630 gp
10 daggers (10 lb) = 175 gp
1 poisoned dagger (1 lb) (Magical?) = not selling this if it’s magical
2 hand crossbows, 2 quivers, and 40 bolts (5/10/20 2d4 damage AP 1 ROF 1 Min Str d4 Weight 3 Cost 150) = 210 gp
Party fund: 3 pp, 11 gp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Ellaria - female half elf archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Healing
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

1d6!!: [1] = 1
1d6!!: [8!!] = 8

Use bennie

1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
1d6!!: [3] = 3

At -2

Narrative coming. Assistance to Fliss.

Clay looked out the window of the Inn’s room he had rented. Watching Fliss carry the acquired weapons and such he felt like an ass. He should have offered to help her.

Dressing quickly the warrior shouldered the dark great sword wrapped in leathers and headed out the door, down stairs and at a jog took off after the halfling.

Arriving just in time to hear the Elven Proprietor being a stubborn mule Clay quietly entered the shop.

Coughing the scared warrior says in Elven:

”Sal hesitate lor nae interrupt vian viaren Quessir. Are va / var aware siilen bren nha Tel' Omah. Ath an adventure group va ausa. Si ent siin crew saved all Tel' aul Tel' scennel last Ahnvae. Tel' entire village.”*

Clay goes on about how Fliss is the reason the village isn’t burned down and an ashen waste. The scars on his face might deter unpaid ladies, but they also make a man unnerved. Leaning in to the Elf, Red Clay grins.

After talking to the Elf, Clay makes to shop around and acts like he doesn’t know Fliss. Although he winks at her when moving past her.

I hesitate to interrupt your deal making good Sir Elf. Are you aware that this is the leader of an Adventure group you are dealing with. She and her crew saved all the lives in the Inn last night. Possibly the entire village.
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Roland

Post by Roland »

Roland finds all he really needs is food and heavy winter clothes. Haggling with the locals for what to them are children's sized clothes was a little off putting as they did not realize he would still like the same embroidery as others.

Return to “Adventures”