New Friends???

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

New Friends???

Post by Technospawn »

Light RP thread

This thread is for general party chat. Talking to each other on the road. Getting to know each other better. Feel free to interact however you want in this thread. The thread will stay open and will span all the chapters.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Re: New Friends???

Post by Henry »

As the wagon slowly rolled along behind the mules Clay concentrated on driving the damned thing.

Was I the one who suggested we get a wagon?

The fighter was definitely more used to marching on foot than going by wagon. But. It made sense. They needed the wagon.

Looking around at his new friends and companions he thought:

All good people. I’m lucky to have hooked up with them.

“So. Ali. I gotta ask. Your wolves, they are powerful looking. Where did you find them? If we get into a ruckus is there anything we should know? Like not to get too close to them or anything? They look like fine beasts.”
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Roland

Post by Roland »

Listening to Ali and Clay as they chat about her monstrous beasts Roland hops back on the wagon after having walked a while. He thought the luxury of the wagon would be the way to go. But unlike a proper coach this wagon did not have the springs and level that wagonwrights use to make a comfortable ride. The result was he could only sleep half the time, and then he had to walk and stretch the ache out of his bones.

"That's a good question. Is there any chance of them trying to eat one of us? I mean those things are huge and I do not fancy being eaten by a 12 stone wolf."
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

“I believe it will be safe for you to fight beside them, it's not like they go into a frenzy and kill everything. They will be able to tell you apart from those we wish to kill. But if you want to be cautious and stay out of their way when they attack I will not take offense.” Saying this she fingers her cord of wolf fangs and wishes once more that her mother was here. Mom always knew what to say at the right times. She would probably be able to convince them to stand on their own heads. I only hope that my wolves are able to tell them apart from assassins or other.
Ali looks up at Clay, “Why do you think the assassins wanted to kill you and the other one with the lady?”
Ali, 4 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

As the wagon trudges along in the snow Clay considers Ali’s question.

“Honestly. I’m not sure. I don’t think anything from my past is connected to those other two. Sure. I’ve made enemies. But not ones that would hire assassins. I feel like my enemies would try taking me on in single combat. I don’t know.”

Looking around at the others Clay says:

“Hopefully my past as a soldier doesn’t hinder us.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Llolfaen

Post by Llolfaen »

"No," Llolfaen said in reference to whether Clay was a target of the assassins. "He, and the rest of us, just happened to be in the way."

"They were...sloppy, if they were true professionals we wouldn't have even heard them."
Main Account: stormwell
Felicity Clover

Post by Felicity Clover »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370
Icy and cold

“I didn’t hear them,” Felicity pointed out to Llofaen. “If we were just in the way, why come to our room specifically?” the redheaded halfling priestess wondered. She was on the bench beside Clay, and now lay down with her head in his lap, the furs pulled up around her as she yawned. “If not Clay, were they after me?” she wondered. “I don’t know why.”

She reached over to scratch the heads of the wolves. “And you guys are just big, fluffy puppies, aren’t you?” she cooed as she gave them skritches.
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (18 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ali »

Mond’s mouth opened and her tongue rolled out, her ears pricking in pleasure from the scratching. Jager and Kampfer both rolled over and exposed their undersides to be scratched.
Ali smiled at Fliss’s gentle, caring strokes. She cares, she cares that they're living and breathing and alive.
Standing Ali walked over to Fliss holding some meat, “Want to feed them?” she asked, holding out the meat.
Ali, 4 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)
Click here to edit your signature
Felicity Clover

Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370
Icy and cold

Felicity looked up at Ali, who held out some meat. The halfling with red-gold hair smiled. “Thank you! I’d love to feed them,” she said. “Here you are, my nice lady and gents,” she said, holding out the meat. “Now make sure you share!”
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Party
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Red Clay notices Fliss move away as the cold winter air blows across his legs where she had been huddled by him. The cold bites and makes him shiver. The human fighter moved his blanket to cover the area to fight off the cold. He smiled watching the halfling feed the great big wolves. It was nice seeing the others interact and become comrades.

It was still early, the sunrise was the color of Bad Blood. It leaked out of the east and stained the dark red sky, marked the swollen dark clouds with a stolen gold. Winters sky offered little warmth even as the sun rose higher into the sky. Underneath it, the road twisted up the mountain side towards their destination. The sunrise was red, black and gold. The color of their new profession.

Mercenaries now. A wagon load of weapons, provisions and awaited adventures.

”Llolfaen. You are likely right. Sloppy on their part. I hope that is all it was. I dread bringing harm to any of you due to my past. You seem worried as to how we, your new comrades will see you. Trust me when I say I value a man or woman on their skill and heart. Not on their race. We are grateful you are with us. Granted. I am just a big brute dumb human.”

Pulling the blanket tighter across his broad shoulders the heavily scarred warrior pulls his leather wrapped great sword closer to his side.

Looking over at Roland the fighter sees him also shiver. Be it from the cold or the large beasts is unknown.

”Men become accustomed to the cold by degrees. Everyday we learn how to except that which we once thought we could not fathom. I was - to be honest - a little vexed upon realizing we had wolves of such magnitude along with us. Because they frightened me.”

Clay laughs.

“I am now very thankful they are here. Thank you Ali. You and your magnificent wolves are a welcome addition to our upstart group.

One more shiver crosses over the fighter as the red sky above turns a pink and opens to the idea of blues and whites.

”Okay Fliss! You fed them. Get back over here and keep me warm. I was happy until you moved away. After breakfast we should get back to the road. Until then. Warmth. Please.”

Clay sees that Kolga doesn’t look cold. Seems nothing fazes the man. Clay nods at him.

Grinning Red Clay chuckles.

”Damn it’s cold.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Roland

Post by Roland »

Clay wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:12 pm ”Men become accustomed to the cold by degrees. Everyday we learn how to except that which we once thought we could not fathom. I was - to be honest - a little vexed upon realizing we had wolves of such magnitude along with us. Because they frightened me.”

Clay laughs.
Roland looks at the old soldier confused for a second, then he realizes what i being said. "Oh no the cold does not bother me. I have the blood of dragons and this cold is as natural to me as nursing. I still enjoy both to this day. But those wolves are gargantuan, and I know Ali says they will be fine, but those things are predators and my people have been eaten more than once by such predators. So I think I will still be on guard."
Felicity Clover

Amphail/Stone Stallion
5 Mirtul 1370
Icy and cold

Fliss laughed when Clay called her back. “Spell must have run short,” she said, tucking back into the big human. She touched her holy symbol and said another prayer, and warmth fell across Clay and the others, the cold seeping away like sinking into a warm bath, without getting all hot and sweaty in the winter clothing. “I’ll cast it again in an hour,” she said.
OOC Comments
Everyone and the mules should have Environmental Protection on them. New spell I picked up with my last advance. Should make the cold weather managable :)
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (8 days)
Water for 7 (8 days)
Pavilion
Party
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet

Return to “Adventures”