Pan Dimensional Pub (2016-2019)

SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Outside Inn Pub and Grill

Post by SnackHappy »

Setting down the menu as Lulu approaches. Jacob eyes her up and down.

Rhino buffalo sounds mighty tasty. Might actually be good. Better get two just in case.

"Thank you, lass. I do have a lot of dem scales. I's having whatevers on tap an two o' dem buffalo burgers. Yous hearin correct to, I just got accepted into the 7th. Me an Sasha lookin' to make this world a better place. Speakin a places sure is a nice place you got here. I's thinking juicers be craving excitement, what brings you to runnin a bar? You know instead a venturin."
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Even though Moira is not a very aware person when it comes to her surroundings it's hard to miss the large lizardman bursting through the door. Upon his announcement Moira lifts her glass and calls out.

"Cheers lad. Good on you."

Then Moira returns to her discussion.
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk
Timothy Hernandez

Post by Timothy Hernandez »

Timothy walks into the bar, records all who are here and looks for Zima. Not seeing her there, Timothy is disappointed. Timothy will walk up to the bar and order a drink. "Whiskey, neat." Once the drink arrives, Timothy will stare into it. This place is growing more and more. Time to record the audio. Timothy will turn on his recording, his objective, to listen to as many discussions as possible for any loose intel that may slip out. Loss of a team mate and the loss of a friend. It has been a long few days. She's probably on a mission. That's more like it.

Timothy will listen for any other members of Zima's team. It was the 13th right? I know it was the quiet ones.
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24; (9 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5/6
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 2d12+2
Ammo: 32/32
Bennies: 1
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

The old cyber enhanced German enters the pub and walks to the bar with what almost looks like a military march. Ordering his drink he sits on the stool and looks at the food menu.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

The front door opens to the bar and a young lady enters. Looking down at a photograph she glances up at all the people in the bar. Her gaze stops on Ulrich. A smile spreads across her face and she pockets the photo. Making her way around those in her way she walks over to Ulrich, "I'm Jessica and you are Ulrich. I work for Northern Gun in their anti-Xiticix squad. This is the soonest I could get some vacation. I came to say, thank you to you and the Nameless. Thank you for saving my brother, even though his occupation probably was not one you get a long with. Thank you. Can I offer you a drink? I've had a long ride here and am thirsty myself." Sitting down across from the leader of the Nameless Jessica nods at the bar keep.

Lulu attends Jessica, then turns back to Snack Happy, "Dinner...s coming right up. Trust me I itch for adventure but my outfit bought this bar and its my month to work here. Feels like a million years to me."

Leaning close she grins, "Be right back with ya food hun."
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich looks at Jessica and sees a slight resemblance then nods.

"I am takingk a shot in the dark und guessingk your brother iz zhe enemy combatant ve encountered. It may be personal for some but for me savingk a life iz more important zhan von's political structure."

Ulrich lifts his beer which was just put in front of him looking Jessica for n the eye.

"You are most velcome Miss Jessica. To family"

Even though Ulrich's expression is usually hard to read it's obvious he believes what he said. Lowing his drink after taking a few gulps he sets it on he bar.

"Sadly not all uf mein squad shares zhoughs thoughts und took zhe order hard but it vas mein order to make. Don't get me wrong zhough, zhey are a goot group."

An oh so rare smile appears on Ulrich's face.
Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Artemeisia »

Moira O'Dugan wrote:Moira nods happily at Artemeisia.

"Aye. Some formal training is in me background. The Avalonian styles are the ones l'm most familiar with. I have a healthy respect fer the sabre and buckler and the Highland claymore but as denizen of Inismore fisticuffs is wer' most my training lays. O'er the centuries though I have traveled with many a great swordsmen who were willing to pass some knowledge to a fellow adventurer."

"Since me pappy was a Sidhe troll I ne'er really needed armor 'an weapons much but they are still fun"

Moira then turns back to the conversation. "From what I can gather these Germans 'er the people from the same area as a place called Eisen w'ere I came from. Their main fighting style used a hefly broadsword 'an a metal gauntlet called a Panzer hand. A very interesting style to see in action. I had a rather close relationship with the trainer of that school."
Centuries of travel! "I do not meat many who have traversed centuries in their travels. Well met! When there is time, I would be most interested in seeing some of these Avalonian techniques. I have used something called a Highland claymore before, I am curious if we are speaking of the same weapon. However, I am not at all familiar with the Sidhe. So much to learn in this wide world. Would you care to elaborate? Or we can just drink more!"
Artemeisia Harpe Discipula
Edit Signature
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 8 6; Toughness: 7 / w/ armor 13 (5)
Worn Armor: SFD Bushman Full Composite Armor
Weapon in Hand: R.Hand: Chain-Longsword, L.Hand Wilks 227 Pulse Laser Pistol

"Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa… which I have." - Inigo Montoya
"Well then, I seem to recall a rather pleasant little restaurant not far from here. Care to see if it's still standing?" - Ciaphas Cain
"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" - Nick Fury
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Moira let's out a laugh and picked up her next shot and downs it.

"Aye, the blessings of the goodly folk's blood haves extended me lifespan a good bit. I am the first to admit to not being the most cerebral of individuals but I'll be happy to chat a bit."

"The Sidhe are also known as the fay to most people but what most people don't understand is that fay are not all tiny child like people with wings. Other beings that can be seen as elves, dwarves, trolls, goblins and many different others by most mortals, are actually Sidhe in my realm. The Sidhe culture is a complicated one due to them being completely alien in body an' thought. Even with me ties to them an' me friendship with me brother I do not fully understand them. I know the unseelie courte can be downright nasty but the seelie courte tries to do things in a more civilized manner."

"As for the claymore thing, is it still a 6 to 7 foot long sword here?"

SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Lars wrote:
Lulu attends Jessica, then turns back to Snack Happy, "Dinner...s coming right up. Trust me I itch for adventure but my outfit bought this bar and its my month to work here. Feels like a million years to me."

Leaning close she grins, "Be right back with ya food hun."
Upon Lulu's return with food. Snack Happy begin's diving into the buffalo burgers seemingly unable to eat fast enough.

"Thanks fer da food! This is del*mnmnm*cious!"

Slurping some ale to wash it down.

"Lulu is it? Yous guys make some tasty burgers. What's a set member do round here when not fightin'?"
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Snack Happy wrote:"Lulu is it? Yous guys make some tasty burgers. What's a SET member do round here when not fightin'?"
Lulu winks at the reptile man, "Thanks hon. We try. Our Chi Town garlic fries are great too! As far as what to do....I don't know what SET people do, I'm not a member, I'm a Merry Mercenary. However, I know that when I am not on duty here I love to go to the Number Two."

Smiling her wide Ogre smile she suddenly looks concerned. "The Number Two, the watering hole....err, the Hole in the Ground that the Second SET found a few months ago....its a underground pool. I love swimming in it."

Shaking her head Lulu continues, "May hap lat'r when I'm done working, I can show you the swimming pool? The water is always warm, something about it's clear water being near a underground ley line. I dunno, but I know I love swimming there and relaxing in the warmth of the place."
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Ulrich wrote:Ulrich looks at Jessica... "Sadly not all uf mein squad shares zhoughs thoughts und took zhe order hard but it vas mein order to make. Don't get me wrong zhough, zhey are a goot group."[/b]
Nodding the woman named Jessica smiles, "I understand. My brother is a devout CS man. He was not thrilled when I decided to work for Northern Gun instead of the CS." She shrugs the statement away, "Regardless, I am thankful for your orders and saving him."

Looking around the Pub at the varied people assembled Jessica's smile widens.

"This place is magical. I was worried about coming, but the stories are true, Castle Refuge does seem to be a bastion for hope."

As polite and friendly as she is, her hand still strays towards he side arm as the front door is pulled open by a tall, brawny tattooed man with long hair. Loudly the man yells, "And a good night to you all! Spider needs his sleep! I will see you ladies of the Seventh in the morning."

Once the man named Spider leaves, closing the door behind him, Jessica relaxes, setting her hand next to her drink.

"I was born in Ishpeming. Where are you from, Europe somewhere I assume?"
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

"Most citizens only know vhat zhe you are told to know by zhose whom control zhier governing body. I vill not judge zhem for it. Zhis does not mean I vill not befend mein self or zhe ideals I stand for but I vill not let an injured beingk die vhen it can be avoided."

Ulrich takes a few more gulps of his beer as he notices her twitch and speaks again after she relaxes a bit.

"I vas born und raised in a valley uf Germany but came to zhe North Americas about a year ago. During our trip back a supernatural event linked us all mentally for a few seconds. Your brother's thoughts were if his mother and makingk sure she didn't starve in Chi town. Mein squad is to high profile to actually go to Chi Town und bring her here to be vith her son. A large scorpion robot, dragon, a hot headed quick flex, and a Russian beauty queen in a glitter boy suit vould stick out In coalition territory."

"I have spoken vith mein commanders about putting together a team for an extraction und zhey are villingk to do so but I vould like to propose zomezhingk. In mein squad's last mission ve came across some salvage. I prepose sending you to retrieve your muther und bringk her here so your family can be together und I vould be villingk to fund zhe exbedition. It vould be much easier both mission vise und emotionally for your muther if it vas her own daughter escorting her."

"Is mein proposal zomezhingk you are villingk to consider Miss Jessica?"

OOC Comments
Yes I am willing to spend credits in character to fund this mission I am preposing.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Ulrich wrote:"I have spoken vith mein commanders about putting together a team for an extraction und zhey are villingk to do so but I vould like to propose zomezhingk. ... I prepose sending you to retrieve your muther und bringk her here so your family can be together und I vould be villingk to fund zhe exbedition. It vould be much easier both mission vise und emotionally for your muther if it vas her own daughter escorting her."

"Is mein proposal zomezhingk you are villingk to consider Miss Jessica?"
Jessica's eyes widen.

"I am floored good Sir. You are very kind. If my brother is going to be recuperating here for a while, gathering my mother and bringing her here might be, nice. My brother and mother are close. I can not ask you for payment, you have done so much already. I will go get my mother and bring her here. I have a vehicle, and armor and some weapons. What...I might need help with is some basic supplies. I used up most of my food, energy and such to get here. I had figured I'd try to get a job here to restock...maybe a loan? If you wanted to loan me an amount to get refueled and stocked then I could repay you after I get back. Once I start working. That okay with you Mr Ulrich?"

Holding out her hand to shake his, Jessica has a beaming smile on her face.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Erin Tarn »

• Raising an eyebrow at the burly warrior named Spider, who hiccups and leaves, the man dressed in black cloak and armor looks around the room at the other patrons of the bar. Holding his frightening looking helmet in his left hand he wipes his forehead with his right hand.

Look at this bar! It has changed a lot since we first set up the Legion here. I've been gone too long. Sir Sayeen was right, of course, old bastard usually is...was, a little touched but almost always right about things. Ahh, there is the Knights table as he described.

Seeing the Helm of Sayeen the newcomer looks sad for a moment then looks around at the rest of the room, hearing the female Ogre call out to him to come on in and get his drunk on.

Might just do that, when I was last here this building was a farmer’s house. So different.

Nodding at Lulu, the darkly clad black man says in a deep, alluring warm and kind voice, “Thank you dear, I will gladly have the house ale.”

Passing by the Knights Table he sets down a necklace with a small stone set in it next to the Helm. Closing his eyes a moment, he whispers a few words.

Moving closer to the bars edge he spies the super muscular woman, black woman and one eyed lady. With a charming smile he says, ”Good evening ladies. You obviously are the reason to be here. I don’t even need a drink, I am intoxicated by each of your beautiful faces already.”

Unceremoniously setting his dastardly looking helm on the bar he accepts a drink from Lulu, raises it high to the three ladies and smiles. ”To you three! To better days ahead of us and a long happy life.”

Toasting to the three woman the older man follows up his toast with, “Oh dear me, I’m sorry, I forgot, my bad manners…my name is Roath Venator. Traveler of the Lines. How are you all?”

For an old coot he looks well equipped, armor (looking vaguely Sunaj in nature, stolen and modified?), magic blade, and definitely armed with charm. A mage for sure, one who has been around a while.
Roath
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich nods as another small smile appears on his face.

"I vill uf course help in any vay I can. Just let me know vhat you need Miss Jessica. Zhe thought uf an old voman dieingk hungry, not knowingk vhere her loved vons are vhen I could do somezhingk about it means I can not sit idly by"

Ulrich lifts his glass.

"To a family reunited."
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Moira looks over at the new comer with a big smile. Her eyes quickly notice the fancy magical equipment and she nods.

"Well met Mr Venator. Me names Moira O'Dugan, knight of the seelie court. Thank ye fer the compliment. 'Tis not one as such that I hear all that often. It's always a pleasure to meet a man of magic"

Takes a few gulps of beer.

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

With a sudden jarring the ground rumbles. As the floor and walls of the bar shake loud alarm klaxons sound off outside the pub. Both Lulu and Fender curse, grabbing weapons from under the bar and head towards the exit. After six screamingly loud horns sound, the klaxon stop however the ground is still rumbling. Realizing it is the grumble of the Black Companies Hover Train you can relax that its not a earth quake.

Having just left the pub, Spider stumbles back in holding his hands over his ears and looking like he narrowly avoided having a heart attack from the sounds outside, which sounded as he closed the bar door leaving. Momentarily thinking he somehow made the noise he clutched his chest with alarm as the ground started to shake. Looking over at the now active Hover Train Spider sees a gaggle of Mercenaries packing up fast in a rush to leave. Tossing trash and leaving unneeded items in their wake. Some doctor looking guy and a cyborg tossed a dead horse out the side door behind the bakery.

Lulu moves around Spider who just came in, and she is out the door as fast as the Juicer that she is. Fender, also a Juicer stops, holds onto his martini in on hand, while carrying his JA-11 also in that hand, like a professional drunk, he uses his one free hand to tap the ear mic in his big ogre ear.

"Roger that Blackwell. All bets off, sell the bar and pull out!"

Digging into his pocket Fender throws the keys to the pub at Spider who just manages to catch them.

"Welcome back Spidy, congrats ol'boy, you spent the most credit here tonight so shes all yours now mate. You own the bar. We are out!"

Fender rushes out of the bar too. As Spider dumbly looks at the keys in his hand the rest of the occupants in the Outside Inn can see through the open front door. The entire Black Company Mercenary Group is leaving in a hurry. All that remains is pile of rubbish and a burn mark on the lawn where the Hover Train was.

Good Bye Mercs.

Hello new owner of the Pub.

With a look of confusion on his face the big burly tattooed cyber tech warrior named Spider looks up, "Do I want to own a bar?"

LARGE MAP
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Erin Tarn »

Roath glances at the man Spider and warmly smiles, "Congratulations young man. It must be your lucky day. The desire to not shed blood is noble."

Looking back at the trio of warrior women he was speaking to his deep voice says, "An absolute pleasure to meet you Moira O'Dugan, Lady Knight. I fancy myself a retired swordsman. Better with spell than blade but I try. I arrived the other day for the Cyber Knights funeral. I once traveled with him. I am sad to see he has passed. He inspires me through. It has been a long time since I last owed an allegiance to a group. However I just today inquired about joining a SET team. I hope to be of service to humanity once more. I confess I am not originally from this dimension but if the Legion was good enough for Sir Sayeen. Then. I know it's a good place."

Roath smiles at Moira, Artemeisia, and Herra.

Glancing over at Snack Happy the Line Walker smiles at the large D-Bee too.

"That's the idea, my boy, I think I will order one of those steaks too! Smells good."

Lars

NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy walks into the bar. Wait, what just happened? So many new people. he'll look at Roth. "So you're signing up? Do you know which unit yet? O god, another friend of that crazy knight. Timothy signals for a beer. That young woman looks strong. I wonder how strong. Looking at Moira "care for a little arm wrestling?"
Timothy Hernandez
Lail Gabbersleaf

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf »

Lail a dimunitive half-elf walks into the bar, she looks maybe 16 years of age, but with elven blood flowing in her veins who knows. She seems a bit out of sorts, her hair is dirty and trampled, and 13 M.O.M. Impants glisten beneath her hair. She is clutching her shoulder where a boot print clearly marks her huntsman armor. Woa, that was a ton of people that just stampeeded... Ahh my shoulder is killing me, who was that guy? She looks arround waving with her good arm when she sees Timothy. At least Timothy is here, did he say arm wrestling, a sport those demons enjoyed. I wonder if it is to the feast?

SD_Aurora, in Command. Target rich enviorment aquired. Prepare implantation teams 1-10.
SD_Jasmine, Impantation team commander: Ok people, locate and find any entry points. We got a clear mission here, lets take to these Harrys.

Timidly Lail walks arround shaking folks hands and introducimg herself to the folks remaining in the bar. If a hand is not offered she grabs it as if compelled by some unknown force.
Her voice is just above a whisper, " Hi, I am Lail. It is fine to meet you."

SD_Aurora, in Command. Take the one that speaks with Vs... Wetwork team do your job.

Lail circles arround making her way to Ulrich. She bursts into tears, and hugs him tightly.
" I was within moments of reuniting with my father! So close!". Tears splatter against Ulrich's chest.

SD_Jasmine, Implantation team commander. Good work folks, 5 successful missions!

Lail stops crying and backs away from Ulrich. Quietly she apologizes, her young eyes looking at him intently" Sorry, sorry. I miss my father.". As if she commited some grave social faux-pas she backs away even more. She shakes her head again finding a chair to slink into. " So sorry, I am so sorry for it all."
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Erin Tarn »

Roath turns to view the large Cyborg as it speaks to him.

The old Ley Line Walker smiles warmly.

"I know you. You're famous. Timothy Hernandez right. First SET. Sir Sayeen wrote about you. Not to me. But Vince Walker, old buddy of mine, he showed me Sayeen's reports. That old man thought highly of you. I came for the funeral but think I might just stay. This place has grown since July of 09. I actually was part of a Arcane Anomaly Team for a few months. Back now. Thinking a SET sounds good."

Roath looks conserned about Lail but sees a Juicer heading over to her with a look of kindness on his face.

Granted, that is odd in its self, a king looking chemically enhanced killer.

Returning his attention to the ladies Roath carries on in their conversation.

Lars

NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Fell watches as the first few members of the First SET arrive. The First is here to meet a contact.

The girl Lail makes her way around the room. Making friends. Timothy goes straight to the strongest lady and... flirts?

Chuckling the Juicer quickly sobers as Lail bursts into tears. Ulrich looks like he might be about to be kind to her, good, thank you, but Fell stands up and makes his way to her anyway.

Sayeen I know I ever made you this promise in life. But. If you hear me. Know this. I will protect her as best as I can. As if she were my daughter.

Fell waves at Tim to ensure the Borg knows Fell is here. The Juicer then stands behind Lail who is backing up from Ulrich.

"Lail. It's me. Severin. Come sit with me at the table. The others will be arriving soon. While we wait. You can tell me about your life. Whatever you feel safe and comfortable sharing. I'll then share some of my past. Especially the time with Sayeen, if you like. Or I'll tell you about a strange world called Wormwood. I was there a long time. Come. Sit. Relax."

Fell returns to the table he has claimed. He holds a chair out from the table for Lail.

With sincerity the Juicer tries to care for her.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Ulrich

Re: Spider's Pub

Post by Ulrich »

When Lail wraps her arms around Ulrich he sees the M.O.M. Implants and gets a smile. Having been on n a relationship with a woman who had the same enhancement he handles them with a much more delicate touch due to their fractured psychy. When she backs away crying Ulrich looks at Miss Jessica.

"If you vould excuse me for a few minutes. Ve vill plan out zhe details uf our little venture after I take care uf somezhingk, jah?"

Ulrich walks over to the chair Lail and takes a knee next to her gripping one of her hands.

"You remind me uf mein vife. She iz a strong voman who I haf been on many adventures vith. Ve haf saved each uther's lives on many occasions. I see her potential in you young lady. If you are here at zhe castle, I know you vill haf many such adventures."

Ulrich's face actually leaves his normal blank expression as he gives Lail a fatherly smile.
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Moira gives Roath a hug.

"Sorry tuh hear about yer friend lad. Sounds like he was a good man."

Raises her newest beer.

"Tuh good men. May there be more good ones in the world then most believe there are."

Moira downs the beer and the 6'3" muscle woman looks up at the huge cyborg and lets out a whistle.

"Yer sure a big fellow. I've never met a combat borg before. What are you, like 9'6"... 10'?

After the huge cyborg asks for an armwrestling match Moira smiles and flexes a huge pair of biceps in an impressive bodybuilding style flex.

"I love a good challenge lad. Shall we bet a few drinks on it?"

Giggles playfully and puts her arm on the table in the classic arm wrestling position.
OOC Comments
strength roll for the arm wrestling match
Atridute [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die [dice]1[/dice]

Ooooh bad roll. Good luck on your roll Tim. You have a good chance to win this.
Moira gets an impressed look and nods.

"Very impressive lad. From what I heard combat borgs are all pretty impressive."

Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Artemeisia »

Spider wrote:Spider looks up from the keys in his hand. Looking almost relieved. Locks of hair in his face. Blowing them out of his view he looks at Herra. His smile starts to fade.

"Are. You. Okay with that? You rescued me Herra. I owe you. If I did stay here and run this bar..."

Stepping closer to the two comrades from his Atlantean days the former Maxi Man tattooed warrior says, "I do not want to disappoint either of you. This. Is. This bar is a job. One where I shouldn't have to kill anymore. What do you say?"
"There is a time for reflection for every master, when else would you be able to compose your treatise on you expertise? Running this bar might just such an opportunity!" Atremeisia is still speaking loudly, projecting her voice like she does when taunting a distant enemy. "And there is a time to put the sword down, and this may be your chance. For a warrior to choose his time to stop fighting, that is a blessing!"

She walks up to him and puts her hands on his head and kisses his forehead. "You will always fight along with us, my friend, my brother!"

And then she drinks a bunch. More.
Artemeisia Harpe Discipula
Edit Signature
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 8 6; Toughness: 7 / w/ armor 13 (5)
Worn Armor: SFD Bushman Full Composite Armor
Weapon in Hand: R.Hand: Chain-Longsword, L.Hand Wilks 227 Pulse Laser Pistol

"Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa… which I have." - Inigo Montoya
"Well then, I seem to recall a rather pleasant little restaurant not far from here. Care to see if it's still standing?" - Ciaphas Cain
"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" - Nick Fury
Zakkael
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Zakkael »

The sounds emanating from the bar are boisterous, joyful, but mixed with a tinge of grief. These people mourn their fallen hero. The Lyn-Srial takes a moment, closes his eyes, and then looks to Heaven. He speaks a few words, and then nods.

I shall console them with the truth.

Clad in white robes, Zakkael walks into the bar. Looking around, he sees the arm-wrestling contest in progress and admires the strength of the contenders. A young looking elven girl appears distraught. Strong men attend to her.

The helm of the fallen hero.

He walks to the table, bows his head, and speaks. "Sayeen's deeds in life prove out his commitment to the Light. Heaven lamented his loss on this earth, for the work is not yet done. But he is now receiving his reward in the Almighty, Loving embrace. Weeping is just for the night. Joy comes in the morning, in the realization that he has run the race, fought the good fight, and triumphed. His reward is truly great. The archangels themselves greeted him at the Holy Gates. And we who remain shall carry forward the Light Sayeen gave his life for."

He lifts his head and smiles. He turns to the bar. "My good barman, a glass of good wine to cheer the soul."

Yes, Michael. I shall relax this evening. The hearts in here are good, and the Light will be served by their deeds.
Zakkael
Zakkael
Current Status: 1 wounds / 1 Fatigue
Bennies: 2 (-1 EE fighting, -1 Soak, +1 from Fox)
Parry: 9, -2 to hit with ranged attacks
Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/25 / ISP: 2/10
Staff PPE: 2/10
Active Powers: Exalted Darksight
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Alertness, Improved Rapid Recharge, Elan, Marksman (Mysticism)
Adventure Cards:
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
    Rabbit Out of My Hat: Play this card to gain +2 to any Trick test until the end of the scene
Armor: TW Combat Mage Armor
  • Darksight
  • Farsight
  • +7 Armor
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • +1 Strength die
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Staff of Justice
  • 10 PPE
  • +1 Miracles spellcasting rolls
  • Dispel (Holy Light approved custom trapping)
  • Smite
  • Str+d6 damage, Reach 1, Parry +1, 2 handed, MD with 2 PPE
Shield of Faith
  • +6 Armor vs. ranged attacks
  • +3 Parry
  • -2 to hit by ranged attacks
  • Edges: Dodge & Improved Dodge
  • Power: Barrier (wall of force trapping)
  • Power: Deflection (Wind trapping)
Approved Custom Trappings - Deific
Edit Signature
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy is pleased that the challenge is accepted. "Barkeep, two more of whatever the lady is having" Timothy sits down and takes her hand, his elbow resting on the table and his other hand down to his side. Once he feels pressure from Moira he engages his arms. Timothy's indicators goes yellow, signifying there is a strain on his motors, he is not able to tell just how powerful she really is, but he notices she is not able to apply the pressure to win. Timothy is able to keep the hand in the neutral position for about 30 seconds before he realizes, this fight should be over by now. With one smooth motion, the bar sees the combat Cyborg just lay his hand down in victory over Moira. "If you ever want a rematch and i'm in town, just let me know." With that Timothy gets up to meet up with Fell.

Timothy sits down at the table with Fell. "So tell me, how did it go? Is everything juiced up and lubricated?"
OOC Comments
Str. [dice]0[/dice]
Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Timothy Hernandez
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Moira makes a couple of moves to try and make up for his obvious height advantage but the towering cyborg counters by shifting his pressure at the proper times. In the end Moira's arm is pinned and she lets out a laugh.

"Good show lad. I welcome a rematch some time in the future."

Moira picks up her new beer towards Tim.

"Cheers mate."

Drinks beer....

Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Following the, clad in white robes, D-Bee Seth also quietly walks into the bar. Waiting as the interesting looking fellow stops and looks at the Helm of Sayeen, Seth slowly pulls his black hood off his head to look around. Seeing his commander, Ulrich consoling a young elven lady Seth moves to the table with Sayeen's Helm once the other moves away from it. Lifting his tinted googles from his face the Cyber Knight removes the blackened robe and hood, folds it and lays it across a chair at the Knights Table. Setting a tube down, Seth pops the top off the container and pulls out a rolled up item. Leaving the tube to rock back and forth on the table Seth nods respectfully to the Helm. The Cyber Knight Seth was already here earlier in the day. With no patrons present Seth paid his respects to Sir Sayeen.

Walking over to the far wall the Cyber Knight unrolls the item he carries. Weeks ago, maybe a month? The bar was called the Outside Inn. It had wooden walls with decorations nailed here and there, mostly old world items and old signs. The previous barman, Gordon, was a old world enthusiast. After the Black Company routed out the CS spy and nearly burned down the bar, most of the walls were now repaired and barren.

Smiling at the entirely blank wall, smooth plaster painted brown, the Knight peels off the back to a large 4 ft by 6 feet decal, or sticker. Placing the decal onto the wall he presses it on tight. Steps back admires it and says, "Nameless Wall! Our deeds will be displayed here over time! If you are not in the Nameless SET...find your own wall." The Knight looks happy, not actually mad, as he nods at Ulrich and moves over to stand by him.

"How goes it boss man?"

Seth nods at the woman Ulrich is near (Jessica).

"Milady."

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Having returned to his table after his exchange with the half elf Ulrich looks up at the knight.

"Mr Seth. It goes vell. Please pull up a seat. Zhis is Miss Jessica. Ve vere discussingk zhe extraction uf her muther from zhe Chi Town burbs."

"Her bruther iz currently in zhe med bay recoupingk from some injuries und ve thought it vould help zhem as a family to be together again."
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy sees and hears the new cyber knight make a boisterous claim for the wall and pride takes over, especially after the arm wrestling victory. With a bit of volume to be heard around the bar and making a show of it all, Timothy makes his points known by all. "A wall for who? If you want accolades, you not only have to do something worth while to begin with, but you have to have a name people will know and remember. Take the 1st SET for example. I am proud to say, we have done deeds people will remember for all time! Who else but Fells folly will take on entire Chicago division and an equal number of Fed Magic? That's right no one. So I say to you "Sir" if you wish for you names to be remembered and heroics recorded, pick a better name then "nameless" That's just lazy and stupid." With that, Timothy will go back to his seat and drink some more beer. Why the fuck am I drinking beer? O thats right, about to start a mission.
Timothy Hernandez
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Ulrich wrote:Having returned to his table after his exchange with the half elf Ulrich looks up at the knight.

"Mr Seth. It goes vell. Please pull up a seat. Zhis is Miss Jessica. Ve vere discussingk zhe extraction uf her muther from zhe Chi Town burbs."

"Her bruther iz currently in zhe med bay recoupingk from some injuries und ve thought it vould help zhem as a family to be together again."
Seth sits down next to Jessica and Ulrich. About to speak he hears Timothy from the 1st.

Drunken cyborgs...

With a smile on his face the Cyber Knight does not bother turning about in his chair, but calls out:

"I have heard of your great deeds in the 1st SET. Why not show some of your pride by putting it on that adjacent wall? More than just words Mr. Tim, oh, and, side note....did someone write on your back left shoulder blade? Looks like ink on metal. I'd swear thats Sir Sayeen's signature freshly scribbled on you."

Looking Ulrich in the eye Sir Seth says:

"Does this lady need us to escort her? Help in any way?"
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich stays seated not bothering to turn away from his company or beer but speaks out.

"Specialist Hernandez, zhe Nameless are a goot squad zhat risks zheir lives just like any uther SET. Vantingk to records vons deedz is obviously not somezhingk even a member uf zhe 1st is above with your obvious boastingk as proof. Ve are all in zhis together und if ve are goingk to survive zhe oppression uf zhe Coalition zhen ve need to be bruthers and sisters in its cause, not separate entities whom hold animosity for each uther"
Timothy Hernandez

I swear that crazy old man is going to drive me to be as crazy as he was. If this starts a trend, I will dig up his body and kill him again.

Timothy walks up to the Cyber Knight. "Excuse me ma'am" He puts his hand on the cyber knights shoulder, "There is something called Professionalism. I'm sure your German friend has heard about it, but i'll save him the trouble. We don't take trophies, we don't need to boast about our accomplishments. We do our job, and we do it well. Words of our deeds are spread far and wide without us needing to say or do anything extra. You don't see the 1st coming in here busting the doors down yelling "WE RESCUED A HATCHILING TODAY! RESPECT US! or OUR DRAGON TOOK DOWN A UAR-1 ENFOCER ALL ON HIS OWN! RESPECT US! No the reason is we are professionals. Command knows if they want something done right, they will send in the 1st. If they want a distraction, they send in the "Nameless" It's not like anyone knows who they are to begin with. So if you want to remember what you have done, then do something worth while, and maybe take a picture or two before you leave. If you want to be other to remember what you have done, you need to give them something to remember and you need to be professional about it. Timothy walks back to his table. "O and by the way, Sayeen signed his name on my shoulder others will remember him with my actions." Sits down and drinks his beer.
Timothy Hernandez
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Seth leans into the hold Timothy has on his shoulder. Seth pats Tim's metallic hand as he listens to the Cyborg.

Listening, the Cyber Knight nods with enthusiasm, as Tim talks.

"You are of course right sir borg. I commend you on your professionalism. If anyone asks I will of course credit you as the one who thought if it! You are right! We shall all share one wall! All our SET logos can be together as one! You are a smart man Tim. Instead of boasting our deeds to each other we will simply all share a collective pride. No trophies, just a sharing of information like what we each have been encountering out there. I hear that several teams are encountering undead quite often. What did the other SET do to defeat them? Brilliant Tim. You are very wise, I see Sir Sayeen's influence in your deeds and words."

Standing the Cyber Knight turns to face Timothy. Seth holds out his hand to shake.

"United we shall prevail. That's what you said right?"

Seth calls out to Spider, "A drink for Timothy on me!"

Looking back at Ulrich and Jessica, Seth says, "As I was saying. Does the lady need our assistance? Are we on a weeks vacation, in which we rocket up to Chi Town and come back in time for the next mission? If you are in need of anything, I have little as far as possessions but I am willing to help."
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich stands.

"Mr Hernandez. I am trying to be civil but you are dishonoring mein squad."

"Chevy..."
"Awktech..."
"Zima..."
"Mein self, Ulrich Von Schierkamp..."

"Ve are zhe original members uf zhe nameless whom remain."

"Egil, professor Radecliffe, und Seth are now part uf that squad. Ve do our part like anyvon else. If you haf a problem zhen ve can talk as zhose who face peril und danger for zhe betterment if all life und not insult each uther."

"Ve should be better zhan zhat."

Ulrich is obviously not happy.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich looks at Seth

"Nein. Many uf zhe Nameless are vanted by zhe coalition und haf are not goot for stealth missions. I vill personally fund Jessica's trip for her muther as she vill haf much less trouble travelingk vith out us."
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Fell looks up from the table the 1st are slowly assembling at. The Juicer coughs. Loudly.

Fell looks at Tim, points at the table and says, "Leave the Nameless alone. Come sit. I have to tell you how things went last night, after you cooked."

Looking at Ulrich the Juicer nods and then says, "Pardon us good sirs."

"Timothy that was an excellent meal. Congrats on the arm wrestling match. I seriously doubt I could have won, she looks to be a strong lady."

Fell waits for Timothy to join him before launching into last nights details.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich give Fell a nod as he continues his discussion with Jessica and Seth.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Seth nods at Ulrich, "Understand. I suppose I am actually pretty wanted, dead, by the CS also. It is possible that I may have a few comrades who might be willing to escort Lady Jessica back to Chi Town. Yesterday a fellow Knight, Sir Silverwind, and his troupe stopped by the Castle to visit Lord Coake. I may be able to inquire with Lord Coake and see if Silverwind and his men would go with Jessica. That sound alright with you two?"
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

"I vill leave zhat up to Miss Jessica."
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Ulrich wrote:"I vill leave zhat up to Miss Jessica."
Seth nods.

"Jessica if you are alright with this I will inquire on your behalf. I am not privy to what Silverwind is up to next, but I was led to understand he was headed north. He is, a good man. I will talk to him and see if he can come here to the Pub to talk to you today?"

Jessica nods her thanks and tells Ulrich "Thank you".

Seth rubs his temples and runs his hands through his greying hair. "There are days..."

Looking back up the Knight puts a smile on and says, "Now she looks strong! I heard she was a knight of some kind. Huh, I actually recognize the other man over there. He rode with Sir Sayeen for a while. A dimensional traveling Line Walker. The Legion is very diverse."

Timothy Hernandez

Timothy joins Fell at the table once again.

"So dinner after action report, spill it. What happend. I'm glad you like the food. To tell you the truth, it was kinda difficult listening to that guy with the weird forin axsent."
Timothy Hernandez
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

In walks a young man in flame painted Dead Boy armor. He is of normal height, but is almost as wide as he is tall. He has a scowl when he first enters the bar, but it immediately brightens up like a kid as he sees his friends.

"Fell! Timothy! Where are everyone else? Lail fell the other day. Good thing I was there to catch her. I got a new toy! It shoots fire!!!"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Fell tells Timothy:

"The food was great! Cory loved it. I did too. Elle of Owls popped in towards the end, she liked the food, said some Capt. Walker fellow said she had to try it. The food was the linchpin that likely saved my butt. Cory was pretty mad at me Tim. I do thank you for tricking us and setting up the whole dinner date. Its my opinion that Cory sees me as a boss, I don't think its my looks, maybe if you took over as commander of the 1st and I was not in charge then...but whatever. I nearly lost my dinner when she asked me what my Rush was. If I don't have kids in the next few months, I'll likely be dead man."

Fell winks.

"So like I say. Thanks! After talking to Cory, then taking off on a solo camping trip, I realize its just never going to happen. Cory deserves better than a hot head Juicer about to burn out."

Lifting the whisky up Fell raises it to Tim.

"To command. To friends. To the Legion."

A sip later, Fell asks Lail, "Can I get you anything?"

Looking around Fell sees Merl walking over, "Welcome Merl. Its the four of us so far."
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Adam saunters into the bar and takes note of the Nameless logo blazoned on the wall. Looking over the scattering of patrons in the bar he spies his teammates before ordering a beer at the bar and moving to join them at their table.

"Greetings good sirs!" Adam says with a grin, "How are you this fine afternoon?"

Nodding at the decal on the wall, he says, "I have to say I admire the decor. I'm surprised there aren't more banners up here. Do you know that the military tradition of collecting and displaying battlefield honors goes back hundreds of years, at least? It's nice to know that even in this shattered world we live in some traditions still endure."

As the waitress approaches with his beer Adam nods and smiles gratefully and takes a long draw. "Ah, thank you miss, that is greatly needed."

Looking back to his companion he continues, "I'm glad to finally find time to stop by. I've been quite busy with my free time perusing the libraries here, though. For such a relatively new organization the Legion's libraries are really top notch."
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Timothy Hernandez

Seeing Merl enter the room, Timothy waves him down. better keeping him close then all over this place

Listening Fells story Timothy is glad his food was a big hit. However he is disappointed that Cory was not pleased about the date itself. "Well shit. You do have a point about command and relationships.
I would have hopped that out here in the Civilian world it would have been different. But really, this isn't that different. The legion is still a military, just for a different set of people."
Timothy takes a drag of his beer. "Look, one thing I have learned in all my time is we don't know when it's done. You gotta get your happiness wherever you can. I'm sorry that Cory thought you had anything to do with it.
keep in mind, she is still young."
Timothy slaps Fell on the back. "Hey, cheer up. There are other fish in ocean out there. You could try for the big girl I just arm Wrestled. She's pretty strong and won't break anytime soon. Cory will get what she feels she deserves. Hey enough talking about your death, you'll know when the best time to go out is and i'll always be here to slap everyone in line. We'll make Fells Follies legendary." with a loud and bostious voice "TO THE LEGION!"

Fell asks Lail about her drink and Timothy didn't even notice that she was there. What the fuck, when the hell did she get here? I hate this family.

Adjusting his attention to Merl "So Merl, What kind of toy did you get? O by the way Sarge, we probably should have something about jet packs. Gale could give us some pointers. No offense Merl, but Gale is able to teach us a little better then you are right now. You'll pick up that skill eventually.
Timothy Hernandez
Zakkael
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Zakkael »

Zakkael shakes his head at the tension between the cyborg and the cyber knight. "Friends, let us not worry about which wall will or will not hold record of the deeds of your groups. All of your deeds in service to the Light will be recorded in Heaven, where time and flame cannot erase the memory of what you each have done. Come. Let us drink wine, and be merry. Tomorrow's breath is not promised any of us. Even one such as I may fall in battle. Let our enemies, the unjust, quibble amongst themselves. Let the righteous rejoice in our victory, for behold! It is already won. The designs of Heaven do not falter at the schemes of the enemy. Their foul machinations may be sent as steel tipped darts against us, but they fall, blunted and weak, on our heads like a gentle spring rain on a field."
Smiling, he raises his wine glass. "To the Tomorrow Legion! May we all be called good and faithful servants at the end of our journey!"

Walking over to Artemisia and Roath, Zakkael extends his two right hands in greeting. "I have been told that I am to join you, as well as the one called 'Herra', in the 7th SET. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Zakkael, the Angel of Justice."
Zakkael
Zakkael
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Alertness, Improved Rapid Recharge, Elan, Marksman (Mysticism)
Adventure Cards:
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
    Rabbit Out of My Hat: Play this card to gain +2 to any Trick test until the end of the scene
  • Darksight
  • Farsight
  • +7 Armor
  • +1 Strength die
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Staff of Justice
  • 10 PPE
  • +1 Miracles spellcasting rolls
  • Dispel (Holy Light approved custom trapping)
  • Smite
  • Str+d6 damage, Reach 1, Parry +1, 2 handed, MD with 2 PPE
Shield of Faith
  • +6 Armor vs. ranged attacks
  • +3 Parry
  • -2 to hit by ranged attacks
  • Edges: Dodge & Improved Dodge
  • Power: Barrier (wall of force trapping)
  • Power: Deflection (Wind trapping)
Approved Custom Trappings - Deific
Edit Signature
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Fell's attention is diverted a second, Angel of Justice? Son of a ... for real? I mean Sayeen called me the Angel of Death, doesn't mean I am a Angel....crazy the guy looks the part for sure. Wow.

Fell pretends to not hear the Professors statements, chuckling inwardly. Oh timing. Haha.

Smiling at Lail the Juicer says, "I hear you met Merl?"

Glancing back at Tim, "I am only a little bummed. I'm over it. I had a nice mind relaxing camping trip. I'm rocken to roll on the next mission."
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Timothy Hernandez

"Shit and you think I do? How the hell do you think I made such a good dinner? Data chips my friend. Data chips." Timothy will pull out both his data chips and show them to Fell. "See, one is cooking, the other is piloting. I got a great deal on everything. jet pack, two readers, and two very good chips. All it cost was what the quartermaster gave us. You should go see Chuck. He's a good guy." Timothy puts the chips away back in the readers.
Timothy Hernandez
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

"Yes, I was offered the same great deal, I got one. I followed your suit Tim."

Fell points at the skill port, cybernetics he now has.

Waiting on the last four SET members to arrive and waiting for the contact to show up, Fell orders another drink. It doesn't matter really how much he drinks once he dials up the harness the alcohol will be mostly flushed.
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Radecliffe wrote:"I have to say I admire the decor. I'm surprised there aren't more banners up here. Do you know that the military tradition of collecting and displaying battlefield honors goes back hundreds of years, at least? It's nice to know that even in this shattered world we live in some traditions still endure."
Ulrich chuckles. "It depends on zhe culture. Zhere vas von patron here at zhe bar who vas rather offended zhat zhe new guys
vould haf zhe audacity to record zheir deeds. Ve haf not had many missions az zhe nameless so a member uf a senior squad took offence."

Ulrich drinks his beer.

"A squad leader und mein self had to step in before certain lines vere crossed."

Ulrich motions towards the merc sitting with them.

"Professor Radcliffe, zhis iz Miss Jessica. Ve vere just discussingk her next trip's travel arrangements."

Ulrich smiles.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

"I'm glad to meet you Miss Jessica." Adam says, offering his hand. "My name is Professor Adam Radecliffe, Historian, Archaeologist and general seeker of knowledge. My friends tend to call me Adam or Prof so feel free to use either as you please. That goes for the both of you as well I would hope." Adam continues with a wink and a grin. Taking another pull on his beer Adam takes a look around the room at the gathered customers. They are doing good thing here I think and these seem like good people from what I can see. Plus, that LIBRARY!!!
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Radecliffe wrote:Taking another pull on his beer Adam takes a look around the room at the gathered customers.
Moira catches Radecliffe's eye as he scans the bar and smiles giving him a little wink of her own.

Lail Gabbersleaf

Lail looks intently at Ulrich before he leaves her for his team. He understand me!

SD_Aurora, in Command: Mission successful folks, send over the colonists.

SD_Bell, Overpopulation specialist: Understood commander. Get ready folks, the implantation team has paved the way. We are up next. The climate is warm and fuzzy, your perfect place.

Lail reaches in unexpectedly and hugs Ulrich. Softly she whispers, " Thank you."
OOC Comments
Good luck with the Micronian colony Ulrich
Lail turns her attention to her new team. Seeing Timothy victorious in the feat of strength she gives out a primal yelp surprising even her self. She takes Fell up on a drink of water. Ominously she muses, " Something refreshing would be nice. It is quite something in here... All these heroes in one place." Lail turns and looks intently at Timothy, she slides out of her chair to get a look at his back. She sees the "signature" Sir Sayeen wrote. She shakes her head and taps Timothy on the shoulder. She turns her back to him and lifts her shirt. Timothy sees the same signature tattoo'd on her back! Timothy also sees scaring that could only be whip and claw marks, healed over, and over, and over for perhaps 30 or so years. She puts her shirt back down. She leans in close to him and whispers, " Before they took me, my father placed that symbol on my back. He said it was so I would always know he loved me... Its not his name exactly, but his symbol for love. His symbol for family. I guess thats us!" She sits back down, and drinks some water, and nudges Timothy. " What do you say bro!" She smiles and raises her glass high, " Too Family... Wait, thats Merlaggon!? She jumps up and nearly knocks over a few chairs giving the dragon man a hug. " Thank you so much for catching me, you said you got a rocket launcher! Wow, where do you keep it?!"
After a couple of moments she sits back down next to Fell, her excitement abated, and her demure soft spoken self returned.
All of a sudden she softly spoke to Fell, " My father would have loved all this. Did he love you?"
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Bennies
2/3
+1 for Joker
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

With a huge grin on his face Fell listens to Timothy and Lail talk about family and their "tattoos of love".
Lail Gabbersleaf wrote:Lail softly spoke to Fell, " My father would have loved all this. Did he love you?"
Fell's face goes blank. Sitting up straighter in his chair the Juicer says, "Lail, I think he might have, but not maybe as much as the others of the First SET. I think I troubled him. I have never been as... good or heroic as Sinder, Cory, Qoat, Master Gail, Merlaggon and Mr Timothy. Sayeen was a fellow hero of the Legion, they are all the same, super heroes of humanity. I find myself trying to be as heroic as them. But, Lail, honestly, what matters is, I loved him. With him gone I hope you and I can be friends and enjoy working together until I move on to visit ol' Gabbers and ask him your question myself."
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Timothy Hernandez

When the crazy woman starts talking, Timothy takes a deep breath and rubs his eyes. "I am not your brother, i'm your XO." Hearing Indiana Jones right behind him and still in the mood to piss off the nameless Timothy has an idea. "Why don't you go talk to dork in glasses behind us? He looks like he knows where there might be some powerful magic items you could use would be." Timothy will turn his attention to Fell and point his finger right in his face. "Stop encouraging her. She's crazyer then her old man."
Timothy Hernandez
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Looks over at Fell and rolls his eyes at Tim's ego which is still suffering for some reason.

Taking a few more gulps of beer Ulrich looks at Seth

"Be zhe better man. Vhen people have a problem vith you it's most likely due to zheir own baggage und has little to do vith zhe actual target uf verbal aggression."
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Fell jerks visibly. Then the lines on his face deepen a little. His eyes are alight with a frenzy. If anyone actually knows anything about Juicers they would realize what just happened. Instantaneous chemical flow into angry veins, war juice screaming into his heart, Fell, just barely, stopped himself from acting without thinking. Never mind his harness and bio comp just screamed at him to pounce on a Full Conversion War Borg, while wearing no armor himself. Fell takes a deep breath in. With a calm that seems laced with venom. Fell exhales:
  • “This is the Tomorrow Legion. An army, yes, but also a force dedicated to exploration, bringing aid to those in need, and expanding the positive influence of those who oppose both the Coalition and Lord Alistair Dunscon’s True Federation of Magic. We help those in need. We are a unit of peace. The First is a…was a SET to emulate. If we had a logo on the far Wall of Hope I would tear it down in shame.”
Standing up to face the Cyborg the Juicer continues:
  • “I came here to Castle Refuge out of obligation, as payment, to bring a message to Erin Tarn from her friends on Wormwood. Payment for passage back to Earth was delivery of said message. Once I spoke to Ms. Tarn she suggested I stay. I laughed. Me? A Juicer, a Mercenary, a killer, a lone gun? She explained to me that there were these SET teams. She told me that they were, well the most eclectic and most adventurous teams of all, comprised of any number of primarily combat capable specialists who are also multi-discipline trained for other needs. The Command Staff, she told me, of the Legion recognized early on that they would have plenty of wild cards, live wires, and off-center types, like you and me, heck, like Sir Sayeen, that would need important things to do…outside Castle Refuge. What I have learned Timothy Hernandez is SET members are troubleshooters, usually given fairly wide parameters for their travels, so long as, here is the big part…they hold to the honorable foundations of the Legion. They also only have each other to rely on when out there in the danger.”
Stepping closer yet to Timothy:
  • “I know you used to be part of a platoon of soldiers in the Coalition States back in the day, do you recall them? Can you see their faces, remember their names? Do you miss them? Those CS troopers who you likely trained with, grew with and became a sort of family of friends with, were they important to you? I image they were. Your…our, new platoon, this SET and the others like it, are our new families. I actually started to think you were opening up Timothy over the last few weeks. You have been both a leader and a friend. You encouraged me to seek out a love from a member of our SET.”
Fell throws his hands up in disgust:
  • “I just got done telling Lail how great a person you and the others were. Today you have ruined everything you have built thus far with your own SET and our team relation. Now you must rebuild your trust with the First SET, and work on getting along with the other SET teams. We are a family of soldiers! Us all. As long as I am the ranking leader of this SET team you will first, apologize to all present for your drunken words. Two, never openly challenge my decisions in front of others, and three, you Will work on being a positive family member of our SET team. I will encourage all that we meet to seek out Hope and to live together as long as I am part of the Legion. I wasn’t born the good guy, but I will strive to be one.”
Fell laughs loudly then picks up his helmet, turns it open side up and places it down next to the Helm of Sayeen with a thud. The helmet sits upside down and fell points into the open end.
  • “Do you remember how we became Sergeant and Corporal? Do you recall why I am in charge and you are the XO? Because six team members voted us in. We were not appointed leaders of the First SET because Elle of Owls said so. Our family, the First SET appointed us. Well here is what I think XO. We have lost a few of our original team members and picked up new ones. Not only have team mates died under my command, they have grown and learned who you and I are. My order of you apologizing stands! However, my next order is this. I want every First SET member to cast a vote into this helmet, under Sayeen’s watch, as to who they want as Sergeant and XO. By tonight, before we meet with our contact and start our next mission of hope, we will very likely have new team leaders. Us both may just be Specialist again, because maybe we should be. You seem to lack an ability to care about your fellow team mates and I have let them die!”
Looking around at the occupants of the Pub:
  • “This is the Tomorrow Legion. We ARE all brother and sisters. And we ARE all soldiers of hope. You all should value every day with each other, encourage each other to find peace, love and happiness. Fight together for Hope and know that every moment is precious. Trust a Juicer when he tells you every moment is a speck of gold in time not to be wasted, but spent on Hope.”
Fell looks every person in the bar in the eyes before standing in front of Tim.
  • “Your apology? To them.”
OOC Comments
Members of the First SET, PM VV, prior to us starting our next mission with who you want as SGT and XO please.
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Cory Tetrascroll

Post by Cory Tetrascroll »

Cory is the last in. She arrived just in time to see the posturing between Fell and Timothy. She cringes. As much as she doesn't want to date Fell, he's totall in the friendzone, she thinks he's doing a decent job as a leader. Without Sayeen, he's the best they've got. She just hates the idea of publicly standing up for him. He might get ideas. Maybe it's nothing though. Maybe.

She approaches the table with confidence, swathed in her typical robes. When she arrives, the situation is indeed as bad as she had feared.

At the worst point in the confrontation, as Fell delivers an epic monologue, Cory works her way between the two super human, testosterone jacked men and gives them each a killer glare. She withdraws when Fell issues his challenge.

Sighing, her mind already made up months ago, Cory is amongst the first to vote.

Merl asks for her advice, and she gives in without hesitation. She wishes Sayeen was here, he would have settled this without conflict.

Cory can't help it though, she can't just stand by and not voice her opinion. So after several minutes of silence and (hopefully) withering glares at Tim and Fell, she blurts out, "Like what the hell, are we all twelve again. Sun and Moon help, like help us all if you two testosterone junkies can't stop fighting over whose like dangly bits are bigger. Like, both are like probably so tiny measuring it is pointless. Jackasses."

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Moira turns and watches closely as Fell's word are spoken. Ready to spring into action if need be some of the patrons of the bar are not as combat capable as others and would need to be shielded from the carnage a combat borg and a juicer could lay down.

Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Cory Tetrascroll wrote:Cory can't help it though, she can't just stand by and not voice her opinion. So after several minutes of silence and (hopefully) withering glares at Tim and Fell, she blurts out, "Like what the hell, are we all twelve again. Sun and Moon help, like help us all if you two testosterone junkies can't stop fighting over whose like dangly bits are bigger. Like, both are like probably so tiny measuring it is pointless. Jackasses."

Fell sees Moira, ready for anything. Inwardly he reflects, How do I get her in the 1st? Looking around at Cory the Juicer frowns.

"That's low Cory, I am 12. I just look older. Chemicals and all. Damn girl, mean much."

Fell stands looking at Tim waiting....
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder arrives late, he was having a great time with his Hover. Sinder looks at the two, and wonders why are they doing this, "Sayeen would have handled this differently." "I think Cory is Right both of you need to take this down a notch. You're scaring other people in here. This is not a good way for the 1st to act out in public. I'm supposed to be the Hothead in this outfit! Why don't we vote for a temporary leader for now."

Sinder, cast his vote. He isn't happy about all of the bickering.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

"You are not a hot head Sinder. You are a hero. A careful and calculating, soldier for hope. My point is that we are a family and a war band. We should encourage each other. Once Tim apologies to the room I will let this go like it never happened."

Looking at Lail, Fell groans inwardly, I hope she and Merl don't get too confused by all this.

"I am Commander until you all cast your votes for leadership. At that point I will carry on and we will head to Colorado, our next mission, or I will graciously step down."
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Cory Tetrascroll

Cory shrugs and gives Fell a wan smile. "When you like, you know, aren't even five feet tall and like a scrawny kid could totally beat me arm wrestling, you know, like being mean is like pretty much all I got, right" she give him a genuine smile but then grimaces, "Woah, like it's the drugs that make you look all you know, like old?"

Quickly she moves on, afraid of the answer. "Totally, Sinder, this isn't like how we want to be, right?"

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Timothy Hernandez

Fell reads Timothy the riot act and he doesn't know where the hell that came from. Leave it to a lone wolf to think that all military units are peaches and cream all the time. Timothy will stand up and snap to attention. The sharp ringing echoes in the building of Timothy s heals clicking together, and his hands snapping to his thighs. Immediately after, Timothy purposelessly and with measured movement carefully puts his right foot behind his left ankle with the toes on floor. With amazing speed and precision Timothy does a full 180 from facing his table to facing the nameless table. Standing before the table. The bar is quiet, very quiet. Everyone is looking at Timothy waiting for him to say or do anything. Some people are ready for a fight, some people are ready to run. "I apologize." Timothy will make a sharp left turn, walk to the helmet, scribble his vote as best as he can and place it in the helmet. Timothy will make another sharp 180 and walk back to the table to sit down.
Timothy Hernandez
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Fell sits down.

A moment later he says,

"Tim. No matter what. I'll lay my life down for you. For all the 1st. Thank you Tim. Thank you ."

Relaxing some, Fell glances at Cory.

"How old do you think I am girl?!"
Character
Jackal

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
• Strider
• Growler
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
• Rib
• Kriza
• Jackal
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Timothy Hernandez

This isn't over Timothy will look at Fell and whisper. "When we have a chance, we are talking about this."
Timothy Hernandez
Cory Tetrascroll

Fell wrote:Fell sits down.

A moment later he says,

"Tim. No matter what. I'll lay my life down for you. For all the 1st. Thank you Tim. Thank you ."

Relaxing some, Fell glances at Cory.

"How old do you think I am girl?!"
Sullen silence. Say something mean, "Well, like, you know I thought you were like thirties, but since you totally like just called me 'girl' you must be hella older." More sullen silence.

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Replying to Fell and Cory and the others, "My point exactly. We are heroes we need to take things down a level,. You're both great at what you are doing, from what I can see. Yes we will cover each other, that is what we do. So get back to the Mission and leave this quarrel behind. Or spitballs at 20 paces. That will but your jawing to better uses."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Seeing that the tension level is back down to the normal for a bar full of adventures Moira smiles her pearly smile through her blue lips and nods turning towards the new barkeep.

"How bout another beer me boy-oh."

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Moira O'Dugan wrote:Moira catches Radecliffe's eye as he scans the bar and smiles giving him a little wink of her own.
Adam lifts his glass in salute in return and then turns his attention to the 1st SET table as the ruckus there heats up.

Once matters are once again in hand Adam takes stock of the mood in the room. Well, there is always one thing that will brighten the mood in any circumstance.

So he stands , clears his throat and announces to the bar, "Hello my fellow Legionaires, my name is Adam Radecliffe and if it would please you all I'd like to engage in another ancient tradition if I may. Barkeep! A round for the house on me if you please!" Sitting back down with an content look on his face he takes another long drink from his beer and resumes his observation of the people gathered in the bar.
Radecliffe

Skills

Moira O'Dugan

Post by Moira O'Dugan »

Moira lets cheer.

"Oooh-lay oh-lay oh-lay oh-lay..."

Moira walks over behind Radecliffe's chair and give him a hug from behind.

"Thank yee lad"

Moira smiles and takes her new beer and drinks it.

Lail Gabbersleaf

Lail nods silently to Fell. So much tragedy has befallen this group. She places her hands on Fell's and casts a slight glance at Cory and Timothy. In a soft timber she sings slightly,
" Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast."

She pats him on his solder and gives him a hug walking over to the "voting" helm. Lail pauses for a moment.

SD_Chernabog, asumming Command: The ends now, in fury and thunder... This ends now!

Lail turns back to the members of the 1st gathered. Her eyes are red like fire, and her skin looks sheathed in shadow-fire. She seems remarkably taller and stronger than before. A deep darkness surrounds her that is both terrible and full of sorrow. A purple blade forms in her hand out of wisps of shadow. With a single stroke she swings it down cutting the helm in twain burning any scraps of paper that may have been placed.
In a deep throaty voice clearly not her own comes forth from her mouth, " We have not traveled through pain and torture for this." With the moment past Lail is back to her small quiet self and she wobbly sits back down next to Fell as if nothing has happened.
Bennies
2/3
+1 for Joker
Zakkael
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Zakkael »

Zakkael's eyes narrow at the small elven girl's outburst of rage and power.
Yes, Gabriel. I saw it. The girl has many voices in her soul. The implants have opened the doorway. Heaven knows what may have walked through.

Zakkael walks to the professor with a new glass of wine in hand. "My thanks to you for your generosity, kind heart. I am Zakkael. Wine cheereth the soul, no? A toast to your health! May you always walk in the Light, and may the Light shine upon you, and be gracious to you, and give you peace." Zakkael motions the wine glass during the toast, raising it, lowering it, then sweeping it gently left to right.
Zakkael
Zakkael
Adventure Cards:
  • Darksight
  • Farsight
  • +7 Armor
  • +1 Strength die