1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post Reply
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed & GM Rifts Speed Tribes!
Contact:

1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Lars »


Calling all Speed Tribes!- Lasar


Speed Tribes - Staring “Player Characters”:
  • Ezy Entry - Human Soldier
  • Harrison Fulton - Quick Flex Operator
  • Finky Snipcord - Gremlin EOD Specialist
  • A$her Bla¢k - Human Information Broker
  • Sulannus Phaedran - Elf Combat Mage
  • Action Stan - Human Techno Warrior
  • Atlan Neirsis - Lyn Srial Techno Wizard
  • Raziz Kelraz - Troll Merc Soldier
Additional cast “NPCs”:
  • Hudson Blackwell - Dragon Mercenary
  • Dr. Desmond Bradford - CS Contractor
  • Zieja Kashbrook - CS Commando
  • Erin Tarn - Rogue Scholar

Crossroads, Texas
68 P.A.


When things in the Pecos Empire really heat up the Pecos Empire Mercenary Commander Lasar has many times called upon other mercenary outfits / companies to join him in large scale missions. The last major event was a invasion of Splougorth minions in the Gulf of Mexico and across the Texas Freelands.

Now Lasar has hired his comrade Hudson Blackwell to keep the CS at bay and out of Texas. Hudson in turn hires several mercenaries (The PC’s) who he is familiar with and trusts. The Original plan was to harass the contractors, hired by the CS, that are in Texas looking for oil. However, with news that Erin Tarn is in Texas and that some defectors from the contractors are selling information on a find, things have changed.

The Black Widow Tribe (gangers on bike, tread and hover) have captured the defectors and killed Erin's escort/friends who tried to free them. Erin Tarn has informed Hudson who it was that has the contractors, the Black Widows, but she doesn’t have their current location.

Blackwell will send the Speed Tribe he has assembled to rescue the defectors, get their information and keep Erin safe.

From there Hudson will see what the info is and decide what to do.

Hudson has told the Speed Tribe that Dr. Bradford will be betrayed and he will be mad undoubtedly, but too bad, Lasar and Hudson don’t like the CS and their anti-D-Bee ways.




Meeting Desmond Bradford

Hudson changes the meet site last minute to the Crossroads market. The Grinders Cafe in particular. The Snake Pit feels unsafe to the dragon. “The places seems jinxed.”

Assembled at various seats in the outdoor cafe the Player Characters await the arrival of the CS contractor.

Just before noon the cafe gets crowded with half a dozen more ruff looking types. All human. All looking ready for a fight. As out of place in the market as the Player Characters look. Undoubtedly CS contractors. As they make their way to seats, spread out as you all are, last in is a white woman and black man.

Zieja, the woman is dressed in unmarked CS armor, devoid of rank, painted jet black and with a black cloak escorts the young black man in basic black and gray Plastic Man Armor. As much as she looks ready to kill, he looks nothing like a fighter. Yet, his dark eyes lend to his devious nature. He looks just as dangerous in a cruel way. Dr. Desmond Bradford looks cunning and the man eyes the outdoor cafe taking in every person there.

Hudson sits at a central table, alone, nursing a fancy coffee. He ignores the human CS contractors as they enter only looking up when Bradford arrives.

Dr. Bradford frowns and sits down across from Hudson. The woman remains standing at his back, offset to his right a little.

Looking like he is about to invite the woman to sit Bradford cuts off Hudson with a raised hand and says: “No. I don’t like the last minute location change. But. Let’s do this. My employer says a group of Wasteland gangers calling themselves The Black Widows has my men and my data. As I mentioned in my vid-letter, I am offering 100k for the info and 20k per man rescued. If you fail to get the info I pay nothing.”

Bradford waits as Hudson nods.

Handing over a leather tube to Blackwell, Desmond goes on: “This map shows where these Black Widows jackasses are currently holed up. You should be able to do this job in a few days. I’ll be here. In three days. Bring me the data .... and the men if you can. Deal?”

Hudson’s bright smile spreads across his face.

“Of course Doctor. Three days. Thank you for the map.”

Dr. Desmond Bradford stands and turns away, walking out of the cafe and disappeared into the market. The woman followed, after flipping off Ezy and then blowing him a kiss. One by one the CS contractors leave the cafe until the Tribe is left alone with Hudson.

Blackwell holds onto the leather tube with a map inside and lightly chuckles. The dragon motions for everyone to come sit with him at his table.

“Two hours and Ms. Tarn arrives. Questions? You all vaguely know each other I assume. We all fought in the war vs the Splougorth.

Did any of you see all the propaganda plastered across town? Our fears that the CS are coming were real.”




Hudson motions you all over to his table.

Chat away with each other and Hudson.

Open dialogue for everyone to chat. After everyone has a chance to post I’ll add up another GM post.

Thanks!!

Image

Failure: You might have heard of them but no info.
Success: Yes, they are a ruthless band of brigands that are known to murder and kill with no remorse or morals.
Raise: They are led by a Crazie named Spider. He is a sick evil fuck.
Image

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
Ezy_Entry
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 am
Location: +10 UFC
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Ezy_Entry »

Ezy sits alone at the farmost table nursing a glass of Glen Fiddich. His rifle is holstered and propped against his leg.

Ezy’s cybernetic proboscis shoots out: a sophisticated system of six thin, needlelike stylets: and he slurps the liquid into his crude cybernetic prosthesis, it's microprocessors filter out any immediately noxiously terminal poisons or gases and send the alcohol down a nano-enforced tube that ends up in Ezy's stomach.

His eyes slowly track across the room at the posters: he hadn't actually noticed them and chastises himself mentally. With one hand he lowers his glass to the table (the proboscis retracting), with the other he fishes a USB stub out of a container on his shoulder harness. Ezy casually slips it into the cybernetic jack under the prosthesis that covers the lower half of his ruined face.

With a whoosh, the posters font jumps out at him sharply and he notices that the print has some serious dot gain. From the uniform creases across one side of the sheet from grippers and the sheen of spray powder he surmises it was printed on a Heidelberg GTO 52.

"Eff the Coalition," he intones through the communicator. "They can't print for shit."
Ezy Entry
Pace: 6; Parry: 7
Toughness: 5
Armor: NG Maverick Riding Armor

Rifts Speed Tribes Adventure

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Finky plops down next to @Ezy_Entry. "I'm tellin' ya, Ezy, I could do real top notch work on that mug. Couple tweaks, maybe a napalm reservoir, I'll have you spittin' fire better than a dragon!" The grin on the gremlin's face is both comical and nefarious. You get the feeling he's already drawn up schematics. "How ya been? Long time, yeah?"
He turns towards Blackwell. "Yeah, boss, I saw them nasty nits slappin' their ugly mugs all over town like they ain't a bunch of murderin' bastards. 'JOIN US AND FEED YOURSELF TO THE MEAT GRINDER!' I got somethin' for 'em." He takes a shot of a "blacktooth grin," a mix of whiskey, gin, and enough cola to color the concoction. He surreptitiously turns up the dial on a strange looking device that resembles a speaker and transistor. "So what's the play?" He nods in turn as the rest of the crew arrives at Hudson's table.
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
Raziz Kelraz
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:12 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Raziz Kelraz »

Raziz is a little disappointed as the human contractors file out one by one. He gives one a sneer for good measure, but can't seem to taunt them into a fight. No doubt they'll be itching for one later when Hudson pulls the double cross. Once they are all gone the big trolls stands up and ambles to Hudson's table, "The human girl has got sass. I like that. The doctor seems shifty, I'd rather put him in stew than work with."

Looking at the others Kelraz flashes some teeth, "Look like the band's back together. Name's Raz in case you forgot."
Raziz Kelraz
Info here

User avatar
Atlan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Atlan »


Common Knowledge
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Common Knowledge Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Atlan listens to the story about the Spiders. He had never heard of them, so how tough can they be. The lady needs help, so he will help. But that does not mean he cannot enjoy some profit along the way. "So the others are scared, we can do this. I am in."
Raziz Kelraz wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:08 am
Raziz is a little disappointed as the human contractors file out one by one. He gives one a sneer for good measure, but can't seem to taunt them into a fight. No doubt they'll be itching for one later when Hudson pulls the double cross. Once they are all gone the big trolls stands up and ambles to Hudson's table, "The human girl has got sass. I like that. The doctor seems shifty, I'd rather put him in stew than work with."

Looking at the others Kelraz flashes some teeth, "Look like the band's back together. Name's Raz in case you forgot."
"There is something familiar about the girl. But I cannot put my finger on it. Have we worked with her before?"
Finky Snipcord wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:02 am
He surreptitiously turns up the dial on a strange looking device that resembles a speaker and transistor. "So what's the play?" He nods in turn as the rest of the crew arrives at Hudson's table.
It had been a while since he rode with the others on the road. "I would like to spy them out a little first. See if we can steal some of their stuff and use it against them when we 'free the prisoners'. But I am not really skilled like that. Any of you able to work subtly and stuff?"

User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Action Stan »

Common Knowledge 1d4!!+2: [1]+2 = 3 Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4


As the meeting proceeds Stan stays back and plays an over watch role. Data streams in from both his own enhanced senses and from the camera feed he receives from Clips. Yes, I see the one on the flank. I told you I have that quadrant. You're supposed to be watching the southern sector. Yes, that direction..... He is? Well that's Raz for ya.. Stan turns his attention to the troll just in case the employers goons do get froggy but they don't. Probably a good thing given all the bystanders, but like Raz, Stan would really enjoy taking a poke at the smug racist pricks.

Approaching the table with Clips trailing behind him Stan has a huge grin on his face. "Hells yeah. Great to see you guys again, nearly done with post on our last ride! Glad you all will get to see it first. I do have a bitching trailer cut though." He's about to continue but sees his camera drone slowing panning over the group. "Dude, just stop. This is only half the team, you'll have to reshoot it in like, two minuets."

User avatar
Harrison Fulton
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Harrison Fulton »


Common Knowledge
Common Knowledge 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Common Knowledge Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

Misc roll
Common Knowledge 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6


At the mention of the Black Widows, Harrison remembers a past day in which he saw a town slaughtered by their hand. Their methods were nefarious and their hearts were as black as the animals they named themselves after. Harrison returns to the conversation at the mention of
Lars wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:57 pm
"propaganda plastered across town? Our fears that the CS are coming were real.”
Looking around he can see the propaganda mentioned, and along with it the name that everyone is against. Harrison stands up, downs his fifth glass of water, and walks over to Blackwell's table.
Finky Snipcord wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:02 am
Finky plops down next to Ezy_Entry. "I'm tellin' ya, Ezy, I could do real top notch work on that mug. Couple tweaks, maybe a napalm reservoir, I'll have you spittin' fire better than a dragon!"
Seeing this, Harrison smiles. "@Snipcord, you mind keeping your tools away from me? Wouldn't you like to keep this around just a little while longer?" Harrison gestures at himself, moving his hands up and down. Sitting down next to Kelraz, "Have you changed at all since I last saw you?".
Last edited by Harrison Fulton on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Asher shows up just after Bradford Bunch leaves the open bar. He gets jostled as he tries to stand his ground. He does his best to mentally note each individual he passes. The last guy flashes a vibro knife and tries to slash Asher's Cherry Red Cannonball Armor, but Asher makes a quick step back and a roll towards the man's front and his blade swishes through air.

"Tsk. Tsk. Not a friendly way to greet the local citizenry."

The knife deactivates and disappears as the man passes beyond Asher and out into the open street.

Asher steps a little more into the shade. "My apologies for being late. I escorted our second appointment in. Some really nasty stuff has been happening in the last twenty four."

Noticing @Action Stan, "Stan, you and Clips record everything? Mind if I review the unedited footage?"

Asher takes a moment and looks at the remaining "patrons" and realizes that its only Blackwell, "The Team", and the bartender.

Walking over to the bar, "Lewis. Water on the rocks."

Lewis shakes his head, "Mr. Black, when will you let me serve you some of the good stuff."

Asher laughs, "Lewis, the WATER is the good stuff."

@Lars Lewis puts the glass of ice water on a coaster on the bar and is about to leave, when Asher slides a ten-note cred chit across the bar. "The party that just left. Were they drinking anything in particular?"

Taking the glass and coaster to a table with the rest of the team, he thinks back to being down in Galveston, right there on the Gulf of Mexico.
Flashback wrote:The tip off on the slavers had come from someone else. It had not been Asher's information and that part of Texas was outside of his active network.

The slavers had timed their approach with an on coming hurricane. The driving rain and the fierce winds would prove a challenge.

Blackwell had arranged for a Big Bertha Hauler, which @Harrison Fulton had operated. The closed trailer had been converted into a mobile weapons platform. where the sides rolled up and the top peeled away. The trailer had been big enough for two two-man hovercycles along with the heavy artillery and a sort of crow's nest above the cab.

Asher had been designated as the spotter for @Ezy_Entry but they were needing a means of getting sights on the Splugorth. That was where @Raziz Kelraz and @Action Stan came in. The hovercycles were piloted by @Finky Snipcord and @Atlan who flew above the uncoming storm and did an aerial drop of the two big guys.

Between Stan's camera, Clips lighting the one barge and Raziz nearly sinking the second one in the Gulf when he landed, Asher was able to call out accurate coordinates for Ezy to head shot both Splurgoth Slave Minds.

Asher had been so focused on the things going on in the water that he had not noticed Blackwell or @Sulannus and what they had done while the Slave Minds were being dealt with.

User avatar
Ezy_Entry
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 am
Location: +10 UFC
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Ezy_Entry »

Finky Snipcord wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:02 am
Finky plops down next to @Ezy_Entry. "I'm tellin' ya, Ezy, I could do real top notch work on that mug. Couple tweaks, maybe a napalm reservoir, I'll have you spittin' fire better than a dragon!" The grin on the gremlin's face is both comical and nefarious. You get the feeling he's already drawn up schematics. "How ya been? Long time, yeah?"
"" When we finish this job, I'm going to get the best prosthetic face money can buy. No tricks, just lips, A tongue, taste buds," Ezy's crackling communicator displays no emotion, and the reinforced baseball cap shadows his eyes."I can't wait, is how I've been. Its great to see you though, Finky. Remember that epic rap battle we had with those elven gang-bangers?"
Atlan wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:09 am

"I would like to spy them out a little first. See if we can steal some of their stuff and use it against them when we 'free the prisoners'. But I am not really skilled like that. Any of you able to work subtly and stuff?"
"I could be your man there. They call me Ezy Entry for just that reason." Ezy raises his glass to Atlan as his communicator speaks. "That and the easy entry points I make in bodies with my sniper rifle."
Ezy Entry
Pace: 6; Parry: 7
Toughness: 5
Armor: NG Maverick Riding Armor

Rifts Speed Tribes Adventure

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Common Knowledge
CK: 1d4!!: [1] = 1
WD CK: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Finky snickers at @Harrison Fulton. "Aw, come on! One hotfoot and you act like I blew your whole leg off! I told ya the skin would grow back eventually!" He pauses for a beat, then leans in, lowering his voice. "It did grow back...right?"
He pounds the table excitedly as he recalls the elf mob he and @Ezy_Entry handled. "They just could NOT figure out how you kept talking like you never had to breathe. I wish I still had the design on that rebreather. I coulda sold it and made a FORTUNE!" His eyes shift back and forth. "I mean, you know, if it didn't blow up when you finished that one rhyme."
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Action Stan »

Harrison Fulton wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:04 pm

At the mention of the Black Widows, Harrison remembers a past day in which he saw a town slaughtered by their hand. Their methods were nefarious and their hearts were as black as the animals they named themselves after. Harrison returns to the conversation at the mention of
Lars wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:57 pm
"propaganda plastered across town? Our fears that the CS are coming were real.”
Looking around he can see the propaganda mentioned, and along with it the name that everyone is against. Harrison stands up, downs his fifth glass of water, and walks over to Blackwell's table.
Finky Snipcord wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:02 am
Finky plops down next to Ezy_Entry. "I'm tellin' ya, Ezy, I could do real top notch work on that mug. Couple tweaks, maybe a napalm reservoir, I'll have you spittin' fire better than a dragon!"
Seeing this, Harrison smiles. "@Snipcord, you mind keeping your tools away from me? Wouldn't you like to keep this around just a little while longer?" Harrison gestures at himself, moving his hands up and down. Sitting down next to Kelraz, "Have you changed at all since I last saw you?".
Stan shoots the operator a radio message. "Pretty sure I can secure a short range tap into my audio feed for you, if you still need it."
Electronics 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6 Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

A second or two and Harrison can hear everything Stan does,"Not the most secure but the range is only few yards so we should be ok. Good to see ya hoss."
AsherBlack wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Noticing Action Stan, "Stan, you and Clips record everything? Mind if I review the unedited footage?"

Asher takes a moment and looks at the remaining "patrons" and realizes that its only Blackwell, "The Team", and the bartender.

Walking over to the bar, "Lewis. Water on the rocks."

Lewis shakes his head, "Mr. Black, when will you let me serve you some of the good stuff."

Asher laughs, "Lewis, the WATER is the good stuff."

@Lars Lewis puts the glass of ice water on a coaster on the bar and is about to leave, when Asher slides a ten-note cred chit across the bar. "The party that just left. Were they drinking anything in particular?"

Taking the glass and coaster to a table with the rest of the team, he thinks back to being down in Galveston, right there on the Gulf of Mexico
Stan gives a quick glare at his drone then a sheepish smile to Asher. "Ish..And yeah you can look it over later. Think I saw some of those goons in the bar when I met with the boss too. Skittered out like bugs when things got too lively."

User avatar
Ezy_Entry
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 am
Location: +10 UFC
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Ezy_Entry »

Ezy Entry's common knowledge roll on the Black Widows:
Wild Die 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10 Skill Die 1d4!: [1] = 1


"STOP, collaborate and listen," Ezy's communicator monotones as he leans right back in his chair like he has all the answers. "Quick to the point to the point ain't faking, I cook Black Widows like a pound of bacon. Burnin them if they not quick for this sniper. They led by a Crazy name of Spida."

He crosses his arms on his chest and nods at the ensuing silence.
Ezy Entry
Pace: 6; Parry: 7
Toughness: 5
Armor: NG Maverick Riding Armor

Rifts Speed Tribes Adventure

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Asher smiles at @Ezy_Entry, " @Atlan is actually talking about stealing equipment and gear. An excellent idea but I think that female is the only one with anything resembling Coalition armor." Asher shakes his head at the memory of being suited up in the black armor with the white skull, Dead Boy Armor.

Pulling out a datajack from the personal computer built into his Cannonball armor, he waves it towards @Action Stan and Clips. "May I hook in for that review?"

As he waits for Stan's response he looks towards Blackwell.

"@Lars Blackwell, we may have another hitch in the situation."

User avatar
Sulannus
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Sulannus »

Sulannus stirred from where she was sitting, her bow on the table unstringed as she tended it with an oiled cloth...only the pricking of her pointed ears giving evidence that she had been listening to the conversation. On hearing about the new hitch though she looked up, and started folding the cloth. They were as chatty as ever, saying everything...saying nothing. And yet...

"What is it, Asher?"

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Asher pulls from one of the pockets in his armor and elaborate bag of miniatures. Utilizing the central table, he sets up the scene, as he sees it.
Asher's Scenario wrote:First we have Erin Tarn and her crew from Lazlo. They arrive in the Freelands hunting the past.

The Bradford Bunch caught wind of Tarn and her plans and followed her here, where they were planning to detail with Tarn, for good.

Before The Bradford Bunch can get to Tarn, The Black Widows swoop in and capture the Lazlo crew. Tarn doesn't know if they are alive or dead. She knows she managed to escape and the Crew didn't.

Bradford Bunch arrives to find no one but some rumors that the Lazlo Crew ran into some trouble.

Bradford inisists that the men are his and he wants them back. Tarn wants to find out who is alive and get them out.
All this time there are pieces being moved across the table. The Lazlo group and Tarn are silver/pewter figures. The Bradford Bunch are a bunch of angry looking clowns. Somehow Asher even has some spiders for the Black Widows.

Then Asher introduces a Dragon figure and five figures all in black.
Asher's Scenario wrote: I believe the Black Market, specifically the El Occulta operatives, have introduced themselves.
Tarn is at the North end of the table. The Bradford Bunch is the bottom right. The Black Widows are in the Bottom left. The three groups make up a triangle with the Lazlo Crew dead center. Asher moves the Dragon Company into place in the middle of the table, sort of surrounding the Lazlo Crew.
Asher's Scenario wrote: The Black Widows work for El Occulta. If all these parts are accurate, I believe the Lazlo Crew is dead and their secrets are with El Occulta. Bradford is wanting a confrontation between us and the Black Widows. When both sides are weakened, he comes and wipes us out, thereby creating an opening for the Coaliton, the Saviors of Mankind.

User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Action Stan »

Stan plugs into the computer presented by @AsherBlack and downloads the footage captured of the meeting by both himself and Clips. He also throws in the footage of the barfight at his meeting with Hudson. As he transfers the data he gives Clips a stare... "Now would be the time for the sweeping panoramic shot of the team, back together again."

After The info broker lays the situation out Stan shakes his head. "These writers man, this is gonna be way to complicated for feature length. Maybe the Spiders will turn into a first act speedbump though and we can get to the meat of the plot without having to cut a lot to keep it under two hours.I guess we should see what the dramatis persona has to say."

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Action Stan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 pm
Stan plugs into the computer presented by AsherBlack and downloads the footage captured of the meeting by both himself and Clips. He also throws in the footage of the barfight at his meeting with Hudson. As he transfers the data he gives Clips a stare... "Now would be the time for the sweeping panoramic shot of the team, back together again."

After The info broker lays the situation out Stan shakes his head. "These writers man, this is gonna be way to complicated for feature length. Maybe the Spiders will turn into a first act speedbump though and we can get to the meat of the plot without having to cut a lot to keep it under two hours.I guess we should see what the dramatis persona has to say."
Asher was serious until @Action Stan drops mention of the length of the film and then he breaks out laughing. "Stan, this is likely to be a four or five part mini series by my calculations." He says in between gafaws and catching his breath.

User avatar
Sulannus
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Sulannus »

"If that's true, our best bet is to try to bait Bradford out and ambush him," Sulannus said flatly. "Then we can follow up with the Black Widows at our leisure."

She worked her arms at the shoulders and nodded. "Which I was suggesting we do from the start."

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Finky squints at @AsherBlack. "That's a lot of moving pieces, Asher. How do you figure all this?" He reaches down for the Bradford figure, examines it, and surreptitiously dabs a bit of super glue on the base before replacing it on the table. "I mean, it makes sense, kinda. But didn't anybody figure we'd just wipe out the Widows and nick their stuff, becoming even speedier and better in the end?" He shrugs. "I ain't scared of them nits."
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
Raziz Kelraz
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:12 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Raziz Kelraz »

All the talking and planning annoys Raziz to no end, the tiny figurines on the table remind of the toys human children enjoy. Troll broods tend more toward stones and sharpened bones. Humans are soft. Then again that's part of what makes them taste so good.

Growling he gestures dismissively at the scene on the table, "Enough talk. Let's ride."
Raziz Kelraz
Info here

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Finky nods emphatically at @Raziz Kelraz. "Yeah, what the big guy said." He thrusts a thumb in the direction of the troll. "Yeah, let's go. Go on, @AsherBlack. Pick up your toys and let's hit it." He does his best to get @Action Stan's attention to film Asher's imminent struggles with the glued-down Bradford mini, yet still expertly maintaining a straight face.
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Asher does not even bother to pick up the figure represnting Bradford, "Something about that guy Bradford makes me want to ... torch him." A flame shoots forth from his right hand and slowly melts the super glued figure. The flame is only a few seconds long and the figure is reduced to a smear on the table.

@Lars "Hudson, tell me I am wrong. That guy Bradford." Asher does not finish his sentence. His mind is racing through the past.

His eyes look blankly and then settle on @Raziz Kelraz, "I am with you Raz. The Bradford Bunch first."

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Finky's face falls as his gag goes up in flame (that he didn't start). "Well, that's just a waste. Wha' didja do that for? We could'a used that to patch a hole in your armor or mod your bike, @AsherBlack. Didn't even think of that, did ya? Don't say I didn't tell ya." He gives the information broker the stinkeye behind his back, switching to a completely innocent smile when Asher turns back towards him. "What?"
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
Atlan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Atlan »

Atlan had little to say on it. He did not see anything wrong with Bradford, but he was not really thinking about the guy, so much as he was thinking about the modifications he would put into his armor with the credits when he hears his name mentions. Turning his head in that strange way he does to listen.
AsherBlack wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:46 pm
Asher smiles at Ezy_Entry, " Atlan is actually talking about stealing equipment and gear. An excellent idea but I think that female is the only one with anything resembling Coalition armor." Asher shakes his head at the memory of being suited up in the black armor with the white skull, Dead Boy Armor.
"I like to help people as much as the next guy. I mean before I was banished from my people we kind of had a flock mentality about it. But I am here for the profits as well, and if we cannot make some profit then why would we be here. Coalition armor?" With a semi flutter of his wings and a slight lifting of his upper arms that resembled a human shrug he finishes. "All armor can be used for my plans, I fix thing and you never know what great parts you can find on old armor no longer needed."

User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Action Stan »

Stan shares a bit of Finky disappointment and gives him a "what are you gonna do" shrug. "I dunno about taking out this CS chump right away. If we do that they'll send some other varmint to weasel around. Probably come at us sideways next time too. If we keep him upright we can give him bad intel and get their eyes looking elsewhere. Or find a way to discredit him."

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Finky Snipcord wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:31 pm
Finky's face falls as his gag goes up in flame (that he didn't start). "Well, that's just a waste. Wha' didja do that for? We could'a used that to patch a hole in your armor or mod your bike, AsherBlack. Didn't even think of that, did ya? Don't say I didn't tell ya." He gives the information broker the stinkeye behind his back, switching to a completely innocent smile when Asher turns back towards him. "What?"
@Finky Snipcord "Snipps. Any idea how long it has been since a shot even got close to this armor?"

Asher waves his hands over his bright cherry red armor, as he does it the armor changes to all white and is pristine.
Atlan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 pm
Atlan had little to say on it. He did not see anything wrong with Bradford, but he was not really thinking about the guy, so much as he was thinking about the modifications he would put into his armor with the credits when he hears his name mentions. Turning his head in that strange way he does to listen.
AsherBlack wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:46 pm
Asher smiles at Ezy_Entry, " Atlan is actually talking about stealing equipment and gear. An excellent idea but I think that female is the only one with anything resembling Coalition armor." Asher shakes his head at the memory of being suited up in the black armor with the white skull, Dead Boy Armor.
"I like to help people as much as the next guy. I mean before I was banished from my people we kind of had a flock mentality about it. But I am here for the profits as well, and if we cannot make some profit then why would we be here. Coalition armor?" With a semi flutter of his wings and a slight lifting of his upper arms that resembled a human shrug he finishes. "All armor can be used for my plans, I fix thing and you never know what great parts you can find on old armor no longer needed."
"That actually might be the right idea for @Action Stan and his next shoot."

"You needing access to some resources @Atlan?"

User avatar
Atlan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Atlan »

AsherBlack wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 pm
"You needing access to some resources Atlan?"
Atlan looks at AsherBlack when he asks the strangest question imaginable. "Why else would we do this work. My talents are expensive, but the rewards for those talents are unequaled." Pausing a moment to watch the armor's color pattern changing he adds. "Each piece of gear has a soul of its own, and only needs someone able to hear its please to be transformed. But sometimes what they ask for is expensive, and I would hate for them to be denied only because I do not have enough spare parts o help."

Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed & GM Rifts Speed Tribes!
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Lars »


Calling all Speed Tribes!- Lasar



Who is in charge and ... your orders?

Speed Tribes - Staring “Player Characters”:
  • Ezy Entry - Human Soldier
  • Harrison Fulton - Quick Flex Operator
  • Finky Snipcord - Gremlin EOD Specialist
  • A$her Bla¢k - Human Information Broker
  • Sulannus Phaedran - Elf Combat Mage
  • Action Stan - Human Techno Warrior
  • Atlan Neirsis - Lyn Srial Techno Wizard
  • Raziz Kelraz - Troll Merc Soldier
Additional cast “NPCs”:
  • Hudson Blackwell - Dragon Mercenary
  • Dr. Desmond Bradford - CS Contractor
  • Zieja Kashbrook - CS Commando
  • Erin Tarn - Rogue Scholar
Image

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Erin Tarn »



Crossroads, Texas
68 P.A.

Grinders Cafe


Outside cafe located in Crossroads TX

Two hours later the sounds of an engine rev and a red in color Mountaineer motorcycle rumbles up to the edge of the cafe.


OOC Comments
Image
Stepping off the freshly painted wasteland bike the Scholar removes her well worn helmet and eyes the lot if you.

Dressed in leather and armed with an energy blaster on her right hip the blonde woman walked closer to the table the speed tribe has assembled at around Hudson.

OOC Comments
Image
Where at first her right hand hung naturally to her side, right at her holstered gun, the closer she come towards you she hooks her thumbs into her black riding armor pants less “about” to draw and more relaxed.

Nodding at Hudson she looks over at Asher Black and winks, ”Ashhh...”

Uncharacteristically, for one who claims to be a scholar, she pulls up a chair, faces it backwards and sits down to lean forward on the back of the chair.

”Well Hudson Blackwell, Vega got the message and passed it onto me. Change of venue - your boys and girls need a coffee to pep them up?”

Hudson asks: “That Mountaineer looks freshly stolen. You any good at riding Ms. Tarn?”

Pulling her hair into a bun Tarn scoffs at Hudson’s remark. Pulling a data-pad out of her pack she holds it in one hand and slides on a set of glasses. Looking over the top of the glasses she says: ”Sometimes I just like to put something exciting between my legs.”

Hudson laughs and Tarn shakes her head.

“Look. You told me that you could secure information on where the Black Widows were keeping the workers. Have you?”

Hudson sets the now open map down on the table for everyone to see. It’s a old printout of Texas. Someone had taken a marker to it. Crossroads was circled. A line was drawn to a different location that was also circled.

Pointing his finger at the second destination the black dragon grins.

“My crew will escort you there. Keep you alive. Rescue the workers. Get the information they possess and of course kill any of the Widows who decide to get in the way. For the agreed upon payment. Okay?”

Looking over the others Erin nods and softly, barely smiles. Snapping a picture of the open map with the data-pad Erin looks back at Hudson.

“Your crew. Not, you and your crew. You got better things to do Hud?”

For the first time the dragon’s smile falters for just a moment before his lavish smile returns.

“I just learned a nasty old friend named Daxon is in town. I’ll be making sure the lunatic isn’t here because if anything we all have going on. I trust this crew one and all with my live. Not maybe my stash of gold. But my life.

Always a pleasure Ms. Tarn. Now. I’ll leave you to chat, and plan, with the fastest and most furious speed tribe this side of hell. I’m shacked up in the Crossroads Always Inn hotel when y’all get back. Ride hard.”
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)

Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed & GM Rifts Speed Tribes!
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Lars »

Standing to go Hudson will answer any questions if asked otherwise plans on letting your crew take care of business.

[Player Instructions]

Finalize anything y’all need to finalize. Talk with Tarn as you wish. Once y’all have settled on a plan I’ll (Lars) will post The Ride There.

Details:

Image
Image


Crossroads is located about 100 miles from Uvalde by the north or south route. Driving as the crow flys is unfeasible due to swampland, mountain ranges and high rift activity. Some say the land is transplanted from another world and is called the Radiation Lands. It’s probably called that because of hundreds of years of dark age superstition and not because of actual radiation. Probably.

North: Roaming Simvan monster hunters and other speed tribes frequently in the area. Better Preserved roads.

South: Psi Stalker (Red Petals) and speed tribes in the area. Roads only slightly worse, but not really an issue.


Historically, Uvalde is known as the Honey Capital of the World for production of huajillo (also spelled guajillo) honey, a mild, light-colored honey, dating back to the 1870s and it’s a hell of a volatile town of biker bars and near to no laws.


SO PICK A ROUTE and chat as you wish. You can chat in riding formation if you wish via radios. Set the stage gang and hit the road. Then I’ll add more (I’ll post as Erin too).
Image

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

At the point where Daxon Fell is mentioned, Asher blanches. @Lars @Erin Tarn

"Hudson, I voice my concerns again that Daxon is already two steps ahead of us."

"No offense, Ms. Tarn, but I say we take after the CS first and the Widows second."

User avatar
Ezy_Entry
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 am
Location: +10 UFC
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Ezy_Entry »

Ezy turns his attention to Erin,

"Babe," his communicator chirps. "What can you tell us about your posse? Is there anything we should know about them as individuals?"
Ezy Entry
Pace: 6; Parry: 7
Toughness: 5
Armor: NG Maverick Riding Armor

Rifts Speed Tribes Adventure

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Finky squints at the map, then at @Erin Tarn, then back to the map. "Alright. So anybody on wheels here, or we all hover biking? Wheels, we go north. Hovers, we go south. I think. We ain't got time to fiddle with a busted wheelbike on bad roads." He shrugs at @AsherBlack's suggestion. "Bet these CS guys are gonna doublecross us. But if they ain't, we get paid when we take out the Widows first." He grins. "I like gettin' paid. That's why I do jobs like this. So I can get paid. More is better."
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
Harrison Fulton
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Harrison Fulton »

In response to @Finky’s question about wheels, Harrison replies, ”Have you seen my ride? How ‘bout the size of them too? Would I be wrong in agreeing with your assessment on the driving conditions and the directions your recommending?”.

User avatar
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Erin Tarn »


Looking at Harrison, Erin says: “That your APC out front. It’s badass.”

Looking at the gremlin the scholar smiles, “I’m on wheels. Was the best I could Stea...acquire on short notice.”

Looking at Ezy, “My ... Posse is dead. I’m trying to rescue these workers. And, honestly I am dying to know what info they have.”

Grinning at Asher, “Honey always expect the CS to screw you. But. I’m really worried about these workers. I think the Widows are bad stuff.”
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Finky just snickers at @Harrison Fulton. "Pal, agreeing with me ain't ever a bad idea. I ain't exactly dumb. So we go with the better roads. Simvan on beetles and dinos ain't gonna catch us. 'less anyone's got a different hunch. Either way's got a bunch of nits that wanna eat us. Least the Sims don't run fast forever."
He turns back towards @Erin Tarn. "Lady, I ain't worried about you. You don't look like a pushover. A little skinny, maybe, but I bet you can handle yourself." He leans back in his chair, satisfied with his assessment of their course of action. "We can run where wheels roll. If we had more time, bet I could do a number on that little piece of machinery...hey @Atlan, take a load off." He kicks a chair out for the Lyn Srial to sit in, but neglects to mention the legs he sawed out before the meeting. Anyone who weighs more than a heavy housecat is going to end up sprawled out on the floor.
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed & GM Rifts Speed Tribes!
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Lars »

AsherBlack wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:58 pm
"Hudson, I voice my concerns again that Daxon is already two steps ahead of us."
The black man, Hudson, glances at Asher. Nodding the dragon says: “I aim to figure that. If Daxon is a threat. I’ll take him out. You concentrate on Ms. Tarn.”
Image

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

@Erin Tarn "Erin what EXACTLY were the workers, working on?"

"Would it be of interest to either the Black Market or the CS?"

Looking at Hudson, "We can certainly keep her from dieing. Harm on the other hand, seems to just come with her nature."

User avatar
Ezy_Entry
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 am
Location: +10 UFC
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Ezy_Entry »

"It's all wheels to me,"Ezy's communicator says. "Any extra bling goes in the bling-bank for me. Saving for a pretty face."
Ezy Entry
Pace: 6; Parry: 7
Toughness: 5
Armor: NG Maverick Riding Armor

Rifts Speed Tribes Adventure

User avatar
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Erin Tarn »


Responding to @AsherBlack: “The official answer from the Coalition is something about they are searching for oil here in Texas. These workers were snagged by the Widows when they were traveling.”

Tarn leans closer.

“But if you ask me, those worker fellas we’re running from Desmond and the CS and trying to sell some important data. Maybe they found a library or something from the old days!”
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)

User avatar
Atlan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Atlan »

Atlan looks around the table. "I concur that the road would be the better way to go. A couple of us flyers can still keep an eye out and ensure there are no ambushers or major obstacles."

Thinking it feels wrong calling a such a young lady Ms. when she makes dirty jokes and has the same worries as everyone else. So Atlan just goes for the familiar. "I have not had a lot of experience with these Coalition Erin. I heard they just wanted to bring stability and protect the planets natives from the monsters coming through the rift.

"Sounds like the rest of you have reason to believe there is more to the story?"

User avatar
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Erin Tarn »

@Atlan

”I wish the Coalition’s policies didn’t ruin the fact that they protect lives. Human lives only mind you. The Coalition's reprehensible policies of fascism, ra­cism, genocide, rewriting of history, and their attempts to keep all people ignorant/illiterate, is horrible. I get the feeling they are up to something maniacal here in Texas. I’ve had more than one run in with them. Apparently last year I made their top 20 list. I don’t care if I become their number one most wanted. I refuse to turn a blind eye on their leadership’s atrocities.“

Erin laughs.

“I’m sorry. Apparently it’s a sore topic to me. Hadn’t realized how much so. See. You good sir. You might try to interact with them. Thinking they are protectors. But since you are not human. They see you as a demonic aberration. So. Yeah. I’m not a fan.”

Looking at the Tribe she sighs.

“I didn’t mean to lecture. I’m ready when you are. I’m definitely going with you.”
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Asher laughs. He understands @Erin Tarn's position on the Coalition. He shares the same sentiments only from a former to a no-longer frame of mind.

Realizing that no one is going to respond to his concern that the workers are already dead and that Fell is behind their deaths. Asher stands, "Let's head out to the Widows then."

Tapping something quickly into his personal computer Follow up with Vega on the Fell meeting.

User avatar
Atlan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Atlan »

Erin Tarn wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm
”I wish the Coalition’s policies didn’t ruin the fact that they protect lives. Human lives only mind you. The Coalition's reprehensible policies of fascism, ra­cism, genocide, rewriting of history, and their attempts to keep all people ignorant/illiterate, is horrible. I get the feeling they are up to something maniacal here in Texas. I’ve had more than one run in with them. Apparently last year I made their top 20 list. I don’t care if I become their number one most wanted. I refuse to turn a blind eye on their leadership’s atrocities.“
Atlan is surprised, none of this was in the propaganda he had scene or mentioned by the people who spoke so well of them. But he knew Erin was an authority on these things. Nodding his head as she spoke he confirms. "Hum, I understand why they would not advertise that part of their agenda. And I appreciate the warning as we will have to deal with them. I would have hated being ambushed by the."
Erin Tarn wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm

“I’m sorry. Apparently it’s a sore topic to me. Hadn’t realized how much so. See. You good sir. You might try to interact with them. Thinking they are protectors. But since you are not human. They see you as a demonic aberration. So. Yeah. I’m not a fan.”

Looking at the Tribe she sighs.

“I didn’t mean to lecture. I’m ready when you are. I’m definitely going with you.”
Atlan shakes wings a little and shows the palms of his hands in a common gesture to indicate no offence is meant. An ornithologist told him once this was a way to symbolize in ancient times you did not have a weapon, but he did not care. "No offence at all, I think this is the kind of information that could save my life."
AsherBlack wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Realizing that no one is going to respond to his concern that the workers are already dead and that Fell is behind their deaths. Asher stands, "Let's head out to the Widows then."
With everyone agreed to go take a look Atlan goes over his gear and ensures it is the best of condition. Time to get into action, and no way would he like that to the moment his gear fails.

User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Action Stan »

Nodding sagely at the criticism of the Coalition and turns to @Asher "This is very much like the parables of Indian Jones, an aspect of HarrisonFord. Heroes, lost ancient treasure, Nazis, dark magicians. Perhaps it will be feature material after all." He's beaming at the thought and sends Clips up for a grand aerial fade out shot. "So what's bugging you about the Fell guy?" Stan may be bat shit crazy but he knows if Asher mentions something more than once he thinks it's important.

As they tribe gets ready to mount up, Stan he starts to strap Clips to the back of his hover bike but stops. "@Atlan I still have Morganstern so I'm with you, buut I want Clips to get a shot of us all taking off so I'll have to double back to pick him up. I'll catch up, don't worry."

User avatar
Raziz Kelraz
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:12 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Raziz Kelraz »

Erin Tarn wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm
“I’m sorry. Apparently it’s a sore topic to me. Hadn’t realized how much so. See. You good sir. You might try to interact with them. Thinking they are protectors. But since you are not human. They see you as a demonic aberration. So. Yeah. I’m not a fan.”
As tarn gets all hot under the collar Raziz straightens up and smiles, "They think he's demonic. WAit'll they get a load of me."

Standing to his full height the trolls heads for the door, "Let's go crush some skulls."
Raziz Kelraz
Info here

User avatar
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Erin Tarn »


Erin nods at Raziz as the large Troll heads out to the street where everyone has their vehicles.

”Sounds good. I’ll have my helmet on short range open radio. In case we want to talk.”

Lifting a leg up over the seat of the wheeled wastelander cycle the scholar looked small on the bike. Getting comfy she expertly flips toggles and rev’s the engine, nuclear power spins up and roars. Grabbing her faded red helmet Erin puts it on and nods to no one in particular.

”Ready!”

The Texas sun high in the sky, she salutes Clips and pulls hard on the accelerator and the deep rumble of the throttle opening accompanies the screeching of tires on pavement.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)

Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed & GM Rifts Speed Tribes!
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Lars »


RACE ACROSS THE WASTELAND

The North Road to Uvalde through Simvan Monster Riders territory. 100 miles across fairly well preserved roads.

Navigating through the city streets of Crossroads careful to avoid pedestrians, the under construction walls and fortified gate fall into the rear view.

White sand, low green trees and overgrown grass attempt to choke the old super tech pavement of what was once highway 10. The vegetation is held at bay by a heavy use.

The trip should take an hour and a half to two hours depending on speed and possible road gangers.


PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS

Quick Encounters along the way. This is the untamed post post apocalypse of Rifts Earth. The trip to Uvalde (this time) does not result in any major encounters. However, there are small dangers to be dealt with along the way.

Narrate the trip across the wasteland of Texas. You choose the event. It could be mutants attacking from the radiation lands. Could be the Ley Line you pass by (only a few miles) unleashes something. Those Simvan might demand payment to pass through their lands. This is Rifts, the possibilities are limitless. You can be diplomatic or combative. ONLY RESTRICTION is you gotta keep rolling or hovering. Don’t stop. These encounters are done at high speeds!

(No roll required for this.)

ADDITIONALLY

Include a Notice Roll at -4. If you get a success or raise I’ll provide you some information via a PM.

Once you all post the next GM post will be your arrival in Uvalde where the Black Widows are holding the workers.
Image

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
AsherBlack
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by AsherBlack »

Before the group gets up and departs for their rides. "Fell and his crew, killed several individuals at Vega's before I met Tarn."

Flipping open the access to his personal computer, he keyed in a couple of commands. A recording plays
Vegas Place wrote: Recorded Overheard Conversation
Vega, I’m gunna pay you an extra cut on my deal. I had to leave the others decapitated in the secured meeting room. It’s a mess. Bloody shame, but I got what I came for.

Chuckles and Laughter from four or five other individuals.



On Fire Baby, Asher revs the hovercycle engine and shoots out ahead of everyone else.

Field Intel +2 Notice
Notice 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Benny to Reroll
Notice 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
.

Running near the front of the group Asher is the first to come across the Simvan toll collectors. The way is blocked off both in the air and on the ground. Asher pull up short and says something unrecognizable to anyone not fluent in Simvan (I Know a Guy Edge).

"Broken Spear, I come to trade. Passage for location of the Black Market folks responsible for the raid on your camp a few months back."

User avatar
Finky Snipcord
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Finky Snipcord »

Notice - success
Notice: 1d8!!-4: [7]-4 = 3
WD Notice: 1d6!!-4: [7!!]-4 = 3
Benny Notice w/ Elan: 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Benny WD Notice: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
2nd Benny: 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
2nd WD Benny: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Finky speeds along the road, flirting with the outer limits of top speed just to see how his modifications hold up. Maybe halfway through the trip, his sensors ping a new contact coming from the direction of that glowing blue line in the distance. "Hey, we got somethin' big. Hammer down. I don't wanna be here if it's hungry."
Before he can lean hard into the accelerator, he gets another signal ahead. On the side of the road sits an old jalopy. The hood of the antiquated machine is popped, and a small crew of people are milling around it. Quick calculations show that the thing from the line is on an intercept course with this spot. Finky clicks his radio. "Cover me if this goes sideways." He does a fast brake and zero turn to decelerate. The crew of people looks like a humanoid family in a pre-Rifts wheeled van, and the smoke from the engine compartment indicates they're not going anywhere in a hurry. Landing a short distance away, the gremlin dismounts and makes his way towards the family. "Trouble with the works?" The father reaches slowly for a crowbar, clearly concerned about the good Samaritan's goblinoid appearance. Finky holds up his hands, palm out. "Hey. I ain't tryin' to steal what I could build in a day of junk diving. Looks like you got kids, and I think you nits are in the buffet line for somethin' big. Bet I can help if ya don't cave in my nugget. Whaddya think?" The father relaxes somewhat. The mother moves to give the gremlin a wide berth. The two young children have a different attitude, pointing and giggling at the funny looking goblin with the big ears and weird gizmos strapped everywhere. He grins impishly and does what he does best. "Wanna see a trick?" He pulls a piece of flash paper from his pocket, draws a funny face on it in grease pencil, and passes it to the little girl. She squeals with delight as the face shifts and melts into different looks. A few seconds later, the grease spontaneously combusts, igniting the paper in a harmless flash and pop of smoke. The boy is clearly pleased and jumps up and down, shouting in their native language something that probably means "Again! Again!"
Finky wastes little time with other pleasantries once he realizes there's a language barrier. He crawls straight into the engine compartment and begins worming his way around. Maybe 15 minutes pass and he peeks back out. Twisting his hand, he says to the father: "Fire it up!" The fellow clicks the starter. The engine roars to life...just as an earth splitting roar is heard from the north. The children are much less pleased, and the parents become panicked. Finky jumps out in a rush. Gesturing wildly, he points towards the road. "Get moving! GO!" He runs back to the hovercycle just as the family pulls away. He jumps on and begins to take off. Taking a second to look back, he catches the faces of the children in the back window, smiling and waving at him. He grins and lights off a firecracker as he guns the accelerator, leaving a colorful explosion in his wake.
Finky Snipcord
Finky Snipcord
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Armor: Urban Warrior Tactical Medium EBA
Pertinent Edges: Ace/Combat Ace, Improved Take 'Em Down, Elan, Conditioned
Current Status Post

User avatar
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Erin Tarn »


As the tribe cruises along on Highway 10 almost out of nowhere a raider APC bursts out of the trees. Racing closer towards the group. Loudspeakers blare: “Surrender to the Cutters! We have you!”

This is not the first time the scholar has been inconvenienced by these insane mercenaries.

Erin spins her motorcycle around causing tread (skid marks) to burn a nearly perfect circle in the pavement.

Flipping a toggle she clicked the forward laser gun on, blasts of death inducing laser fire burst out of the front of the cycle.

”Go fuck yourselves you crayon eating assholes. Everyone who ever loved you was wrong!”

Blasts strafe across the approaching APC.

The large front tires of the rapidly approaching APC erupted into a mess of fire, burnt rubber and plain old bad juju.

The front of the APC dips forward biting into the pavement and causes the vehicle to flip end over end. Until it lands on its roof skidding away into the low green trees with a mighty explosion.

Tearing across the pavement Tarn continues to head west.


Notice Roll 1d6: [3] = 3
1d6!!: [3] = 3
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)

User avatar
Harrison Fulton
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Harrison Fulton »


Notice Roll (+2 Notice with Multi-Optics Helmet)
Notice 1d8!!-4: [6]-4 = 2 +2
Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0 +2

Notice Roll (+2 Notice w/ Danger Sense)
Notice 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

Notice Roll (+4 Notice w/ Danger Sense and Multi-Optics Helmet)
Notice 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8


As the group began to leave, Harrison decided to make a short visit to his hometown, Ingram. Every year there would be a race held at the outskirts of town. This race was a test of maturity and survival skills that every eighteen year old in the town participated in. Harrison’s own race had been a successful one, with him finishing first due to his superior driving skills to those of his age. Harrison decided he’d swing by a show a few of the kids a thing or two.

The trail of the race was visible in the noonday sun and Harrison could see the dust trails of past neighbors as they raced across the white sands on motorbikes and hover bikes. Intercepting the group in the rear, Harrison rode in on his Mountaineer ATV, riding in close to a small kid, about 5’ 10”, riding a motorbike and shouted over the humming and gunning of engines, ”Don’t worry guys. The race ain’t about who finishes first. It’s about whether or not you got what it takes to survive out in the world and trust me kid, it’s in your blood just as it’s in mine.” After that, Harrison drifted off the track and made his way onto county road 27 heading towards Mountain Home to regroup.
Last edited by Harrison Fulton on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Raziz Kelraz
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:12 am

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Raziz Kelraz »

Notice 4, success
Notice 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-4: [8!!]-4 = 4
Simvan. They ate people and that made them kind of okay in Raziz's book. If he could read a book. But they were also territorial assholes. Dealing with them was always a big contest. Test your mettle, prove your worth, show them who's boss. So, when a bunch of them were blocking the rode sitting atop some Ostrasaurs like they owned the place Raziz just spoke their language. Revving his bike he clotheslined the biggest one with the fanciest headdress off his mount, then circling quickly he road the lizard man down and grabbing him by the scruff of his neck, dragging the fellow through the dirt at high speed. Shifting his weight Kelraz tossed the war chief as far as he could.

Having sufficently roughed up their leader the troll spins his bike in another bootleg turn and growls.

"Eat me!"

Then he kicks the bike into top gear, hits the nitro, and takes off.
Raziz Kelraz
Info here

User avatar
Ezy_Entry
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 am
Location: +10 UFC
Contact:

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Ezy_Entry »

Notice 1d6!-4: [6!, 3]-4 = 5
Wild 1d6!-4: [4]-4 = 0
dead rolls
1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
(I'm still getting the hang of the dice roller, sorry - hence the extra rolls. Couldn't get the minus modifiers to work at first)

“Amongst the wasteland the blacktop(road)is never smooth, constant dust wind and rain conspire to destroy the surface which gives us freedom. Theres nothing like the blacktop for therapy."
"Smell of gas,thrill of the throttle,scream of the exhaust and the rumbling vibration as the donk rattles your body.”

Riding alongside Ezy Entry, Harrison eyes him strangely.

“Even tipping the front end into a reverse camber twister on a slippery grated surface injects life and nirvana into alcohol drenched veins....scary shit!! Straight line drag-race … open it up...full noise and hold the fuck on.”

Does this guy want to drag-race? Harrison thinks.

“Or the winding roller-coaster of hard braking and swift accelerating tip in, tip out. Centrifugal forces swelling the sexual.”

Wait what? What? Harrison looks over at Raz riding on the other side of Ezy.

“And in the wastelands, the environment of dust insects wind and toxic rain and sun that burning blinding ball of fire. Fuck!”
Raz smiles at Harrison across Ezy Entry's bunkered down form and raises his finger to his forehead doing a full circle. Harrison nods knowingly and earnestly.

“It all squeezes into the openings, in the helmet, attacks your eyes, sufficates your breathing all the while moisture seeping slithering up into fitted sleeves and boots. Mixed with dust creates a paste on your cracked and aged tattooed skin aagghhh..nothing like blacktop therapy.”

Finky roars above the motorcyclists on his hoverbike, “Hey Ezy! Turn your bloody communicator down – it's broadcasting all your … innermost secrets.”

“Fuck!” Ezy cries in anger and embarrasment and swipes at the cybernetic prosthesis that makes up the lower half of his face. “Sooner I get a payday and get rid of this thing the better!”

"Yeah, for everyone!" Finky squeals as he peels off into the sky.
Ezy Entry
Pace: 6; Parry: 7
Toughness: 5
Armor: NG Maverick Riding Armor

Rifts Speed Tribes Adventure

User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Action Stan »

Notice 13
Modifiers: -4 scene, +2 alertness, +2 STS or cyber. Net 0
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Notice reroll 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild reroll 1d6!!: [13!!] = 13
Moving high above his earthbound compatriots, Stan maintains a rearguard surveillance pattern. Morganstern, his bike, was already one of faster rides in the crew so the merc/film maker was confident he could catch up to the front if the need arose. But it turned out he was in the right position already.

Passing through an area of lightly wooded hills and into the ruins of the town of Bandera. The main road had suffered catastrophic damage forcing those on the ground to wind through the ruins for a ways before it was passable again. As they did so several blips of activity popped up on his sensors, the lead of which was closing on their little wagon train.

"We got some bogies a half mile east in the ruins, I'll check it out."

Twisting his bike into a dive aimed to intercept, he then cuts the engines and pushed by the last bit of thrust rockets toward the earth at over 200 MPH. Adjusting his aim based on sensor data and predictions from his own processor, he powers up and pulls out of the dive just as the bogey breaks cover.

A simvan on a large raptor like dino, he could never remember their name, and he notes the tribal markings. Not one of the friendly ones, so he cuts loose with burst of laser fire leaving the boldest of the raiders a smoking pile of charred meat. Pulling into a climb, he again cuts engines to stall out his climb, twisting the bike around to face downwards again he plots his next run to strafe the largest group of the would be attackers and he buzzes them, laser and particle cannons doing some damage but mostly disrupting and demoralizing them. His third pass breaks them. What the simvan had hoped would be an easy raid had turned out to have air support, they weren't prepared for that.

"Someone please tell me they got some of that on camera. My first person footage will be cool and all but I'd like to have other angle to jump cut to."

User avatar
Sulannus
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Sulannus »

Sulannus ranged ahead, astride her steed Asfaloth. Of course, this world's 'Asfaloth' was not a stately, elegant fey horse...rather it was a sleek and powerful machine harnessed forces she barely understood and moved at velocities she'd never seen a spell match. And, after an adjustment period, that was fine with her. The original control mechanisms had been changed at her specification to act more like controlling a horse via pressure with the knees and feet, reducing the need to hold onto the handles. As a consequence, she could fire her bow while moving...and it was exhilarating.

Because Asfaloth 'hovered' instead of contacting the ground directly, Sulannus heard rather than felt the deep, thundering impacts of footfalls from her left. Giant ones. Even so, a trick of the land's topography hid the source of the sound until it was nearly too late. Coming up over the rim of a gully that had been nearly impossible to see from her angle was a giant, armored beast with yet another of those 'simvan' things that had been harassing the gang since they entered this territory.

It was as much luck as skill and reflexes that Sulannus managed to yank back hard on Asfaloth's controls, sending the heavily modified hovercycle higher into the air and narrowly missing being trampled under the clawed feet of a rhino-buffalo! She guided her vehicle around in a rapid corkscrew as it nosed back down and rocketed groundward again.

"Another one," she stated into the radio device that connected her to the rest of the gang. "Riding a rhino-buffalo. Keep the ATV moving; that'll be what they're after."

Asfaloth pulled up before hitting the ground and Sulannus pulled her longbow from its case over her shoulder. Carved from a strange white wood, embedded with elven runes and magic sigils, the Daughterbow was far more ancient even than Su herself. An arrow uncoiled from the bow as she put her hand to the stave, then drew that arrow back.

Her first shot tinged off the thick armor plate covering the buffalo's forehead, but it got the beast's attention as she'd hoped it would. It roared and turned to glare at her, then slowed down its pursuit of the ATV to begin trying to pursue her. The beast's rider, the Simvan, looked agitated for a moment, then leaned down to touch the head of the rhino-buffalo, and exert control...

An arrow took him in the temple though, ending that. Now the beast was just a beast. It roared again and gave chase as Sulannus peeled away from the rest of the gang to lead it away. There was never a danger of being overtaken unless the elf made a mistake. Asfaloth was faster than most anything with legs, or wheels. Once they'd gotten a few miles...which didn't take long, the buffalo were still quite fast...Sulannus sat up straight in her seat, keeping her legs perfectly still to keep Asfaloth true, then twisted at the waist to aim behind her.

Another arrow, glimmering with elven magic, snapped out along a laser-straight line that connected the bow to the left-rear knee of the rhino-buffalo. It dug in, finding easy purchase in the thin skin over its kneecap, then embedding deep in the bone there. The wound wasn't lethal...wouldn't even be particularly crippling once the pain and shock wore off. The creature was dangerous...but innocent. It fought because it had been taught to. If she didn't have to kill it, so much the better.

Returning to the gang Sulannus opened up her throttle completely. The rhino-buffalo...especially slowed by the knee wound...could only watch in anger as Afaloth suddenly leapt forward and dwindled in the distance within seconds.

"Simvan dead, mount neutralized," she reported as the others came swiftly into view. "I'm taking point again. Ride safe."

Rolls: Notice 3
Notice 1d8!!-4: [7]-4 = 3 Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

User avatar
Atlan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: 1. Calling all Speed Tribes!

Post by Atlan »

Atlan finds most of the trip he was not paying attention like he should have. He was simply distracted with the ideas he was coming up with for all his new toys. There was a lot of potential for some truly advanced gear and he was really looking forward to it. Pushing his engine to its limits was easy, it was what he did after all, but beng able to get the money to up those limits and instal a fold system in it would be the next level advancement.

As they flew past at near 200 MPH Atlan almost missed the rockets being launched at them. His reaction was quick and two the point, doing something the ambushers likely never saw someone do before he simply did a backflip off the back letting it race forward as he spun in mid air, catching himself with his wings and then unloaded on the brodkil with what appeared to be a simple laser pistol. But appearances can be deceiving when your weapon has been infused with the arcane power of a true master of his craft. As the two foolish Brodkil fall to the ground, Atlan turns strangely, taking a seating position and pulling his wings against his body as he began falling!

Then his dislocator activated, locking in on the receiving pad Atlan had installed on the hovor bike Atlan disappeared and reappeared on the bike. Punching the accelerator to catch up with the others. The bike of course had naturally slowed down to only 100 mph to keep from losing him forever. It would take minutes to catch up to the others. But the little change was enough to snap him out of his empty meditations.

Notice, 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! -4 for scene and +2 for danger sense?: [4]+[3] = 7

Post Reply

Return to “Group Adventures”