07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post Reply
User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3929
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Ndreare »

As Triessa reaches out with her power enveloping the others it takes only a brief time, the pace of three score heart beats and the Cell is transported into the astral sea. Just before leaving the door at the top of the stairs can be heard to open, and a slight indistinct voice can be heard as it drifts away. “Stop, it's a...”

Looking around the Cell members can see they are surrounded in the silvery sheen of the astral plane, mixed in with the black emptiness of space. In all directions, the swirling and nebulous nature turning and swirling in a vortex of reality that turns their stomachs. After a moment their minds are able to reorient and grasp what is happening. But the pain and disorientation as if existence itself was trying to unmake them.

Triessa recognizes this for what it is, this was a trap leading into The Void, the edges of the innermost membrane of creation.She can still see and sense the basement, but the link is withering and she knows none of the others will be able to sense it. A second tiny trace she recognizes as a link to a dragon road leading into the Inner Plane. The dragon road providing some of the energy needed to stabilize the basement here in this place, also provides a way into the Inner Plane. It is faint, but there is something...

The vision seizes Sam as soon as he enters the void. He had experienced little vision before, but this one was strong. Very strong and it felt different from his normal visions.

From his favorite spot between the couch and the coffee table, watching He-man on TV, the show had just ended and the little boy needed to use the bathroom, he had been holding it for so long, but he did not want to miss the show. Suddenly there was bang as the door slammed shut! The boy looked up startled. Oh, it was Mom, she was rushing and breathing heavy as she came from the freshly slammed door.

As she looked around she seemed scared, Sam was curious what was going on, but did not know why she was so scared. As she bent over she whispered to him. Her voice a strained and harsh whisper, almost panicky in a way he had never heard. “Quick honey, run to grandma’s and tell her to call me. Come on, run as fast as you can I need her to call me.”

Sam wanted to help his mom, and he could tell this was important. As he began to run from the house, the urge to pee came back to him. He would not make it to grandma’s. As he turned and went to run back to the big tree the little boy saw the funniest thing. Three men, dressed up like Snake Eyes in real life.

“Woh,” His mind was spinning forgetting completely to get grandma, the little boy finished what he was doing and began to chase after the men. Then he saw the guns, real life guns like Uncle Grey. But they were shooting at his house!


As the cell looks into the distance the entire universe seems to be distorted. A tiny creature flying in the distance suddenly appears as if only a dozen yards from the Cell and looming larger than an aircraft carrier. Then suddenly the creature is distant again such that it is as if miles were between you and it.

AS the Cell members spin and look around Triessa sees something sorted from the sea that has her on guard. A small group of two dozen insectile beings they look as if 12’ tall grasshoppers made of pitch black light absorbing exoskeleton. She recognizes the Shadow Mantis for what they are instantly. And they were obviously sitting here waiting in ambush for whoever would dare cross over in this location.


Dramatic Task and Dangerous Encounter
You were taken into the void, a place that it trying to erase you from creation. Meanwhile you are being attacked by the deadly Shadow Manti.

This will be three steps and the physics of this place has some rules changes;
  1. No Healing or Recovery is possible. No wounds, no fatigue, no power points, no regeneration, and no power of healing or relief will work here.
  2. There is no perceived absolute orientation, instead all around you is relative. Everyone except @Alexis, @Sam and @Triessa is considered distracted and vulnerable.

The Rolls
  1. The Void Unmakes You: Everyone roll Spirit (remember distracted penalty). Failure and you take a wound, critical failure and you take both a wound and a fatigue.
  2. Defend Yourselves! You must fight off the horrific beings as they try to feed on you and destroy you, defend yourselves while Triessa gets you all to safety, either into the Inner Plane or back into the basement. Roll for a dangerous encounter with one of the following. Athletics -2 (2d6 grenades), Fighting -2, Focus (3d6 PPE), Psionics (3d6 ISP), Shooting -2 (3d6 x RoF table in rounds), or Spellcasting or any other Arcane Skill (3d6 PPE/Power Points).
    Before rolling you may declare you are protecting Triessa and add a -2 into your roll. “Protecting Triessa” must be included in your dice code for this. Triessa will receive a bonus as per the support rules to her roll based on your dangerous encounter roll!/
    Write up a Cool narrative of your battle for us:
    • Critical Failure: Take 1d4 wounds and lose an additional 15 power points as the Shadow Mantis feed on you.
    • Failure: Take 1 wound and lose an additional 10 power points as the Shadow Mantis feed on you.
    • Success: Take 1 fatigue, and lose an additional 5 power points as the Shadow Mantis are unable to feed well on you.
    • Raise: You perform like an amazing killing machine. Eliminating enemies and helping the others is your providence as you can. Not only do you not take any wounds or damage, you can mitigate the damage taken by another player by adding +1 to their roll. (Declared after seeing results!)
  3. Save us Triessa! DO NOT ROLL THIS UNTIL EVERYONE HAS POSTED, or 1 WEEK HAS PASSED, THEN MAKE A POST WITH JUST A ROLL.
    You must get them to safety. You will be rolling Psionics to move through the Astral and bring them with you. Declare if you are moving to the safety of the Inner Plane or if you are going back to the basement.
    1. Follow The Dragon Road: Psionics roll, requires two successes, or one raise to get there.
      (If you only get 1 success a second round of fending off the Mantis will occur.)
    2. Back to the Basement: Psionics -2, requires two successes, or one raise to get there.
      (If you only get 1 success a second round of fending off the Mantis will occur.)

Good luck everyone.

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 8;
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +8 Players



Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0,
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset

Legendary: Death Seekers Game Master Bennies 5,
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +5 Players

Legendary: War Breakers Game Master Bennies 4,
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +4 Players





Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
and by all that is holy please !!!
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal

"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Morri
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Morri »

Whole Lotta Rollin'
Danger Sense Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Shift into Morphus form.

Spirit 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Protecting Triessa Fighting 1d10!!-4: [11!!]-4 = 7 (8, forgot the +1 from Martial Artist)
Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Alarm bells rang in Morri's head as they entered the basement, then an instant later it felt like the whole world was up-ended and the basement became a swirling vortex of colours. Reacting on instinct, Morri gasped in pain as forces sought to undo her and she felt herself shifting forms. She felt bigger, stronger and her pain channelled into a burning rage inside of her.

The group soon found itself under assault from strange, giant insect-like creatures that both loomed out of the emptiness and was part of it at the same time. She did not know what the creatures were, but she knew they were a threat and responded in kind. One of the creatures made for Triessa and Morri lashed out with her claws, finding that they gouged...something as the creature reeled and let out a shriek of pain. Not letting up, Morri continued to press the attack and swiped again and again with her claws.
Morri
Morrigan 'Morri' O'Malley, Nightbane - Stephen (Stormwell)

Key Edges: Danger Sense, Quick

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3

PPE: 15

User avatar
Alexis
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Alexis »

Rolls
Void Roll
Spirit 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Defense Roll for Triessa -2 base, -2 Triessa, +1 Martial Arts
Fighting 1d8!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2

Defense Reroll fore Triessa -2 base, -2 Triessa, +1 Martial Arts, +2 Resistance Faction
Fighting 1d8!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
"Trap?"Alex mentally completes the heard statement as the basement fades away.

All further thoughts of the voice are immediately ripped away by the pull of the Void. Reaching down for his inner demon, Alex grasps and pulls it to the surface. Alex's clothes and skin begin to slough off of his body, revealing an inner darkness that is only eclipsed by the Void surrounding the group. The pieces dissolve into nothingness after only falling a short distance.

As Alex struggles to orient himself, a set of inky black wings begin to unfold from inside his torso. The other members of the group realise that there's no way they would fit inside his body. With a few quick flaps, Alex stabilizes himself. As he gathers his wits he clamps down on the aura of terror radiating from his shadowy form, reducing it's affects on his comrades as much as possible.

As the Shadow Mantis close in, Alex's fingers lengthen into razor sharp claws. Knowing that his strength doesn't lie in combat, he tries to fight defensively while keeping between the Mantis and Triessa as much as possible.

1 Light Benny due to Rob posting late. Used against Shadow Mantis in the Void
2 Light Bennies for updating signature
1 Light Benny for remembering to forget the basement

Name: Alexis "Alex" Hamilton
Discord: Bai Shen
Edges: Charismatic (Free reroll when using Persuasion.), Streetwise (+2 to Common Knowledge and criminal networking.), Thief (+1 Thievery, Athletics rolls made to climb, Stealth in urban environments.)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 1
PPE: 10/15

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Sam »

Concentration 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [10!, 5]+[5] = 20
Power Points spent: 3d6: [2, 4, 4] = 10


Sam has another one of his visions. Just what I need right now, he thinks.

Before he has a chance to tell anyone, though, the group is set upon and there is no time.

In battle, Sam is a whirlwind, dancing and fighting through the "air" and letting loose with blast after blast after blast of searing white light into the foes, with devastating effect.

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Triessa »

There was only a moment for terror. A moment where the bottom of her belly felt like it fell out, unspooling her into the abyss. She was only dimly aware of the others fighting desperately around her as she flung her hands out towards the fraying edges of the Astral mist that was already trying to recede from them.

No.

The silver clouds halted, then billowed back towards Triessa and the others. It was constantly shrinking...attenuating as the Void ate at it even as it was trying to eat them. Even so she drew more, pulling at the fabric of the Astral until it felt like her brain would burst, pulling the plane of thoughts over and around the group like it was a blanket.

The mists closed behind them finally, and the last of the Mantis withered under the assaults of her friends and team. Without the Void around, there were no more reinforcements to come to replace them.

She covered her mouth then and tried to control her breathing as the panic caught up with her. Shock made her skin tingle, then itch. Once again she'd very nearly been extinguished, more utterly than even a vampire master could do. And this time her friends nearly had as well.

What did she think she was doing out here?! All it would take is ONE time, ONE error, ONE moment of hesitation. Why was she here?!

Grandma. Grandpa.

It was too late to save her parents, but maybe...maybe not too late for them.

"Is..." Triessa's voice cracked and she cleared her throat. "...everyone okay? I am...really sorry about that. There was a trap or something. Like, kind of like a trap door? We stepped on it and it broke and...anyway. I didn't see it in time. I'm really sorry."

Rolls: Spellcasting 12
Spellcasting (Flee to inner plane; +3 support) 1d10!!+4: [8]+4 = 12 Wild 1d6!!+4: [7!!]+4 = 11

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3929
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Ndreare »

As the Cell members fight for their lives they find for every mantis they slay a dozen more come forward, to the point they are not all able to get to the Cell members. Until finally Triessa is able to clear her mind and maintain concentration long enough to get everyone to safety.

Ignoring the desire to return home and speak with whoever tried to warn them, Triess instead choses to follow along the path of the Dragon Line @Triessa is able to safely escape with the rest of the cell. The frustration of the shadow mantises
had to look that one up, sure does not feel nature to write. https://www.bing.com/search?q=plural+fo ... A1&PC=U531
as they are stopped from leaving the void is tangible.

Once the cell arrives within the Outer Planes the safety of the place is refreshing as each of them finally feels like they can breath.
You may now recover as normal.
The astral sea presses out from the heroes in all direction, even knowing that the void is so close only Triessa can sense it of perceive it in any way. As the Cell members cast their gaze they find it is disorienting as the relationships between points and beings seen in the distance seem to follow no normal rules.

The cell members soon begin learning with Triessa's help how to will themselves to move through the astral. Seeing in the near distance Triassa can see a large domain established on the dragon line close by, perhaps worthy of investigation.



From here as long as you do not travel you are safe and can breath as needed.

If you approach the domain there are some things you should know.
1) Who ever owns the domain will be virtually deific inside, so do not piss them off.
2) To build one here on a dragon line and not worry about hiding it, means the person was fully convinced of their power, or very stupid.
3) You can use Detect Arcana, then roll Notice -2 and observe from the outside what the state of the domain is and a little information about what is inside. If your detect arcana is a raise the the notice is not at -2.

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 8;
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +8 Players



Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0,
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset

Legendary: Death Seekers Game Master Bennies 5,
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +5 Players

Legendary: War Breakers Game Master Bennies 4,
July 20, 2020 update
Mission: Up in The Air
  • +4 Players





Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
and by all that is holy please !!!
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal

"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Sam »

Concentration 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [7]+[5] = 12

Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [5]+[4] = 9
Sam’s innate +2 offsets scene -2


Sam looks around.

”Okay. Astral plane. We’re in someone’s private interdimensional playground. This is... okay, this is not great, but it’s also not as bad as where we just were, so I’ll take it. No worries there, @Triessa. Someone planned this well, and we’re all still alive.”

Remembering his vision, Sam approaches @Gravely. ”Hey, you got a nephew who calls you ‘Uncle Gray?’”

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Gravely »

Gravely had done little to nothing, once they had hit the Void. It was like nothing he had ever experienced with @Triessa's parents and left him very uncomfortable. He just silently willed Triessa to find a way to get them to safety.

Once in the Outer Planes, if anyone bothers to explain the situation and their location, Graely begins looking around for something familiar.
Sam wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 pm
Sam looks around.

”Okay. Astral plane. We’re in someone’s private interdimensional playground. This is... okay, this is not great, but it’s also not as bad as where we just were, so I’ll take it. No worries there, @Triessa. Someone planned this well, and we’re all still alive.”

Remembering his vision, Sam approaches @Gravely. ”Hey, you got a nephew who calls you ‘Uncle Gray?’”


Gravely's expression does not change, "With all that has happened since theDark Day, I am not even sure he survived. But yeah I have or had a nephew fitting that description."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade

User avatar
Morri
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Morri »

Triessa wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:24 pm
"Is..." Triessa's voice cracked and she cleared her throat. "...everyone okay? I am...really sorry about that. There was a trap or something. Like, kind of like a trap door? We stepped on it and it broke and...anyway. I didn't see it in time. I'm really sorry."
"Just peachy." Replied Morri after she'd shifted back to her Facade form once the apparent threat of danger had past.

"So the obvious question...." Morri continued. "...Where the feck are we?"

"The other obvious question....wot do we do now?"
Morri
Morrigan 'Morri' O'Malley, Nightbane - Stephen (Stormwell)

Key Edges: Danger Sense, Quick

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3

PPE: 15

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Sam »

Sam nods at @Gravely. ”I don’t know if this helps or hurts, but I get these visions sometimes, and so far they have always turned out to be true. And I just got one back in Triessa’s place that I think is for you.”

Sam goes on to relate to Gravely the details of his vision (from the GM post before last).

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Gravely »

Gravely stands quietly. Sam relates the vision.
Ndreare wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 am
The vision seizes Sam as soon as he enters the void. He had experienced little vision before, but this one was strong. Very strong and it felt different from his normal visions.

From his favorite spot between the couch and the coffee table, watching He-man on TV, the show had just ended and the little boy needed to use the bathroom, he had been holding it for so long, but he did not want to miss the show. Suddenly there was bang as the door slammed shut! The boy looked up startled. Oh, it was Mom, she was rushing and breathing heavy as she came from the freshly slammed door.

As she looked around she seemed scared, Sam was curious what was going on, but did not know why she was so scared. As she bent over she whispered to him. Her voice a strained and harsh whisper, almost panicky in a way he had never heard. “Quick honey, run to grandma’s and tell her to call me. Come on, run as fast as you can I need her to call me.”

Sam wanted to help his mom, and he could tell this was important. As he began to run from the house, the urge to pee came back to him. He would not make it to grandma’s. As he turned and went to run back to the big tree the little boy saw the funniest thing. Three men, dressed up like Snake Eyes in real life.

“Woh,” His mind was spinning forgetting completely to get grandma, the little boy finished what he was doing and began to chase after the men. Then he saw the guns, real life guns like Uncle Grey. But they were shooting at his house!

Gravely is still standing still as @Sam finishes.

Unconsciously, Gravely speaks, in response. "Daron. Rhonda." Then realizing that he had said something, Gravely looks around, then looks at Sam.

"Do your visions have a timestamp?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Sam »

Sam shakes his head sadly.

”I wish they did. They don’t come unless there’s something that can be done, though. It’s not much, but it’s the solace I can give.”

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Gravely »

Sam wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:35 am
Sam shakes his head sadly.

”I wish they did. They don’t come unless there’s something that can be done, though. It’s not much, but it’s the solace I can give.”
Gravely does something, something he rarely does. He smiles.

"One problem at a time, Sam. One problem at a time."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Koshnek »

Spirit 1d8!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1 1d6!-2: [6!, 5]-2 = 9
IZ3 Chicago Woes GM Bennies: 5/7

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Triessa »

Triessa wheeled about and took off her glasses for a moment as she peered into the silver haze of the Astral Plane. Weirdly, she always felt like she could see it better without them on. The astral domain that sat atop the nearby Dragon Line caught her breath for a second. It was exactly the kind of place that you didn't want to get caught out...whatever had created it must have been extremely strong. Within its domain, it would be virtually deific.

But...what if it was something her grandpa had made? He seemed strong too. The farm was nothing short of amazing, and had tricks she'd never seen before, not even in the Place Between.

They could, she reckoned, return to the physical world from here...or try to find the farm domain again...but then why had she even wanted to come here? Triessa had felt that if her relatives had managed to survive, it was probably by bolting to the Astral Plane at the last second.

She whirled around to face the others, still holding her glasses in her hand.

"Okay. This is the Astral Plane, everyone." Triessa nodded at Sam. "You can move just by 'wanting' to move. It's hard to explain, it's sort of like, that feeling you have just before you take a step, when you're looking at where you're going but you haven't started moving yet. It's the same thing here, but you just...start moving. No legwork required. See where you want to go, and just intend to go there, and you start to move."

"But before you do that, listen up. We need to stay in sight of each other at all times. If that's hard, we can hold hands. It is going to be really easy for any of you to get lost in here. Time and space can be a little...uh...weird. But since it's semi-subjective, as long as we can see each other, we should be able to share the same frame."

Now Triessa lifted a hand to point at the domain.

"Over that way I see a really big, really ornate astral domain. They're sort of 'stabilized' areas in the Astral that have been forced to take a permanent form. That means whoever, or whatever, made it is going to be basically unbeatable inside it. I...want to go there though, because it may be where my grandparents went. Or, whatever lives there might at least know them, because it's domain is pretty close to theirs."

"It'll be dangerous though, so we should agree on it. Otherwise I can take us back to the farm."

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Sam »

Sam smiles, his outward demeanor all confidence and charm. ”Of course it will be dangerous. That’s why you gather a group like this. Lead on, Triessa.”

User avatar
Morri
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 07 - Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Morri »

"Since when has our line o' work ever been soft and cuddly?" Asked Morri. "I mean, dangerous is kinda wot we do is it not?"
Morri
Morrigan 'Morri' O'Malley, Nightbane - Stephen (Stormwell)

Key Edges: Danger Sense, Quick

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3

PPE: 15

Post Reply

Return to “The Astral Realms”