Easy Run

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Selune Darkside
The docks
14th Flamerule 1475

The ship repairs were wrapping up. The two ballistae were still severally damaged but they could be fixed later. For now the needed to make some money and the only way to do that was to deliver the cargo to Waterdeep. The guards the merchant had sent kept themselves wrapped up in their cloaks but @Captain Blackfoot caught glimpses of their skin under the hoods enough to know they were Githyanki. This was not good. He would have to make sure they were closely watched, so they would not have a chance to separate his head from his shoulders. On the bright side they would be helpful should the hive send another ship.

@Ellisto opened the ill begotten package and was disappointed. It was some weird rock with strange markings on it. The markings did not make any sense he could tell. Why would the goblin hide a rock?

@Cerulean was securing the last of the cargo when noticed a crack in one of the crates. As he looked closer he noticed there was something in the crack.

Once the sling was removed from the last crate and the crane cleared the deck Capt ordered @Balanor to take the helm. "Cast the lines" the captain ordered. Turning he looked at @Old Man and told him to plot a course for Waterdeep on Toril. Looking at @Balanor the captain said "I want to be offloaded in Waterdeep tomorrow, so no lollygagging."

As the ship slid away from the dock @Jarvis Belloch noticed a group of 6 heavily armed orcs running towards the ship. He noticed one was almost dragging a small goblin behind him. The ship would be to far away by the time they got to her berth but what did the orcs want with the ship.

As the ship cleared the moon and was getting ready to set course for Toril, the explosion rang out below deck.

You can react and post about the scenes above. You can also roll notice and react to the explosion
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

Balanor watches as the cargo is loaded. He has enough confidence in his fellow shipmates to know it will be secure so as they finish loading he heads to the helm.
Looking at @Balanor the captain said "I want to be offloaded in Waterdeep tomorrow, so no lollygagging."
"Aye, cap'n." Balanor takes the ship up towards the edge of the atmosphere. As they are leaving the dock he does hear a small commotion but believes it to be unimportant. Clearing the atmosphere he pilots around the moon and begins pointing the ship towards Toril. Just before jamming he hears a loud noise below decks. Knowing it is better deal with the problem before getting too far in the dark he cancels the command and looks to @Captian Blackfoot for direction.

Notice: 1d4!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7

Cerulean
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

"What have we here?" Cerulean mutters. He calls his crewmate, Shaure, over and shows it to her.

"Go tell Captain Blackfoot about this. I don't want there to be trouble, so I'm going to check it out."

He dismisses her and goes to look at the cracked box.

Edit: rolling Notice in the Discord channel. I'll tag Technospawn there.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Notice 5
Notice (+2 due Alertness)
  • Notice: 1d8!!+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [1]+2 = 3
    Result: 5 - Success
Technospawn wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 am

Ellisto opened the ill begotten package and was disappointed. It was some weird rock with strange markings on it. The markings did not make any sense he could tell. Why would the goblin hide a rock?
Bringing his new curiosity to @Old Man to look at, Ellisto has a few questions for him.

"Now, Mr Brandt, do you have any ideas what this is from, and perhaps what it does? I... found... it in an alley back by the docks. It was stashed there by a Goblin there before it looked like he was picked up by a couple of his associates. Any idea when you may be done and I can have it back?"

Waiting for whatever immediate information the ship's sage has to pass along, Ellisto then heads down to HIS Galley to make the final preparations for their departure.

BOOM!!!

Leaving his galley, Ellisto carefully makes his way to where he thinks the explosion came from.

That definitely sounds like a place we need more of Tymora's Blessings
Last edited by Ellisto on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 2/4 +1 Golden
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks

User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Notice
1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die
1d6!!: [1] = 1


Jarvis leaned on the rail watching the orcs come towards the berth just as the last lines were being cast aside. He wasn't happy that they were taking off without repairing all the ship weapons, but then again they were built for speed and the real measure of the Manticore was the crew in ship to ship combat and he'd put them at even or better odds against anything short of a full Giff or Scro crew.

"What do ya think those orcs want Zicks? No, I don't care if orcs taste gamey. I want to know why you think they are runnin' towards us like that with the goblin like that?"

The Thri-kreen was babbling about something or other. Jarvis picked up Ellisto in the clicks and clacks and dismissed the rest of what the mantis warrior was saying assuming it was more talk about food.

Just as the Giff was satisfied that they'd probably never see those orcs again and it was best to just forget about them and whatever fate awaited the poor goblin, an explosion rocked the ship.

"What the hell was that? ! Zicks, get some of the crew and check the hull for integrity. Make sure the weapons we do have up and working are fully manned."

Jarvis then made for the quarterdeck as that would be the likely place for the Captain.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1

Cerulean
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Notice 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Dice rolls
Notice 1d6: [2] = 2
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trin -- or Trina -- were in the infirmary below decks, packing away supplies they had purchased in port. Triss was showing the girl the elaborate secure cabinet and where everything went, then explaining the loblolly’s duties on ship. When the explosion sounded, Triss cursed. “What now? We just got the ship fixed!” she exclaimed. “Let’s get this place ready in case there are casualties.”

Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 3/3 Golden Bennies: 1
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)

User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Not feeling well the Old Man plots out the course and asked to be excused. He finds something he ate on the moon disagreed with him, and he needs some time.

Sorry guys I do not want everyone help up on my account. I should be back in full swing on the 30th.


Science 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [13!!]+[11!!] = 24

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Old Man wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:24 am
Not feeling well the Old Man plots out the course and asked to be excused. He finds something he ate on the moon disagreed with him, and he needs some time.
"I told you not to trust that mystery meat on a stick you got from that goblin. No matter how insistant they are that is chicken, DO NOT TRUST THEM. I will bring my new curiosity for you to look at when you feel better. Until then, I will prepare you a nice batch of bacon infused garlic mashed potatoes to settle that stomach down... otherwise you will miss second lunch!!!"
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 2/4 +1 Golden
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks

Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”