Easy Run

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Selune Darkside
The docks
14th Flamerule 1475

The ship repairs were wrapping up. The two ballistae were still severally damaged but they could be fixed later. For now the needed to make some money and the only way to do that was to deliver the cargo to Waterdeep. The guards the merchant had sent kept themselves wrapped up in their cloaks but @Captain Blackfoot caught glimpses of their skin under the hoods enough to know they were Githyanki. This was not good. He would have to make sure they were closely watched, so they would not have a chance to separate his head from his shoulders. On the bright side they would be helpful should the hive send another ship.

@Ellisto opened the ill begotten package and was disappointed. It was some weird rock with strange markings on it. The markings did not make any sense he could tell. Why would the goblin hide a rock?

@Cerulean was securing the last of the cargo when noticed a crack in one of the crates. As he looked closer he noticed there was something in the crack.

Once the sling was removed from the last crate and the crane cleared the deck Capt ordered @Balanor to take the helm. "Cast the lines" the captain ordered. Turning he looked at @Old Man and told him to plot a course for Waterdeep on Toril. Looking at @Balanor the captain said "I want to be offloaded in Waterdeep tomorrow, so no lollygagging."

As the ship slid away from the dock @Jarvis Belloch noticed a group of 6 heavily armed orcs running towards the ship. He noticed one was almost dragging a small goblin behind him. The ship would be to far away by the time they got to her berth but what did the orcs want with the ship.

As the ship cleared the moon and was getting ready to set course for Toril, the explosion rang out below deck.

You can react and post about the scenes above. You can also roll notice and react to the explosion
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

Balanor watches as the cargo is loaded. He has enough confidence in his fellow shipmates to know it will be secure so as they finish loading he heads to the helm.
Looking at @Balanor the captain said "I want to be offloaded in Waterdeep tomorrow, so no lollygagging."
"Aye, cap'n." Balanor takes the ship up towards the edge of the atmosphere. As they are leaving the dock he does hear a small commotion but believes it to be unimportant. Clearing the atmosphere he pilots around the moon and begins pointing the ship towards Toril. Just before jamming he hears a loud noise below decks. Knowing it is better deal with the problem before getting too far in the dark he cancels the command and looks to @Captian Blackfoot for direction.

Notice: 1d4!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

"What have we here?" Cerulean mutters. He calls his crewmate, Shaure, over and shows it to her.

"Go tell Captain Blackfoot about this. I don't want there to be trouble, so I'm going to check it out."

He dismisses her and goes to look at the cracked box.

Edit: rolling Notice in the Discord channel. I'll tag Technospawn there.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Notice 5
Notice (+2 due Alertness)
  • Notice: 1d8!!+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [1]+2 = 3
    Result: 5 - Success
Technospawn wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 am

Ellisto opened the ill begotten package and was disappointed. It was some weird rock with strange markings on it. The markings did not make any sense he could tell. Why would the goblin hide a rock?
Bringing his new curiosity to @Old Man to look at, Ellisto has a few questions for him.

"Now, Mr Brandt, do you have any ideas what this is from, and perhaps what it does? I... found... it in an alley back by the docks. It was stashed there by a Goblin there before it looked like he was picked up by a couple of his associates. Any idea when you may be done and I can have it back?"

Waiting for whatever immediate information the ship's sage has to pass along, Ellisto then heads down to HIS Galley to make the final preparations for their departure.

BOOM!!!

Leaving his galley, Ellisto carefully makes his way to where he thinks the explosion came from.

That definitely sounds like a place we need more of Tymora's Blessings
Last edited by Ellisto on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Notice
1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die
1d6!!: [1] = 1


Jarvis leaned on the rail watching the orcs come towards the berth just as the last lines were being cast aside. He wasn't happy that they were taking off without repairing all the ship weapons, but then again they were built for speed and the real measure of the Manticore was the crew in ship to ship combat and he'd put them at even or better odds against anything short of a full Giff or Scro crew.

"What do ya think those orcs want Zicks? No, I don't care if orcs taste gamey. I want to know why you think they are runnin' towards us like that with the goblin like that?"

The Thri-kreen was babbling about something or other. Jarvis picked up Ellisto in the clicks and clacks and dismissed the rest of what the mantis warrior was saying assuming it was more talk about food.

Just as the Giff was satisfied that they'd probably never see those orcs again and it was best to just forget about them and whatever fate awaited the poor goblin, an explosion rocked the ship.

"What the hell was that? ! Zicks, get some of the crew and check the hull for integrity. Make sure the weapons we do have up and working are fully manned."

Jarvis then made for the quarterdeck as that would be the likely place for the Captain.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Notice 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Dice rolls
Notice 1d6: [2] = 2
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trin -- or Trina -- were in the infirmary below decks, packing away supplies they had purchased in port. Triss was showing the girl the elaborate secure cabinet and where everything went, then explaining the loblolly’s duties on ship. When the explosion sounded, Triss cursed. “What now? We just got the ship fixed!” she exclaimed. “Let’s get this place ready in case there are casualties.”

Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 3/3 Golden Bennies: 1
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)

User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Not feeling well the Old Man plots out the course and asked to be excused. He finds something he ate on the moon disagreed with him, and he needs some time.

Sorry guys I do not want everyone help up on my account. I should be back in full swing on the 30th.


Science 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [13!!]+[11!!] = 24

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Old Man wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:24 am
Not feeling well the Old Man plots out the course and asked to be excused. He finds something he ate on the moon disagreed with him, and he needs some time.
"I told you not to trust that mystery meat on a stick you got from that goblin. No matter how insistant they are that is chicken, DO NOT TRUST THEM. I will bring my new curiosity for you to look at when you feel better. Until then, I will prepare you a nice batch of bacon infused garlic mashed potatoes to settle that stomach down... otherwise you will miss second lunch!!!"
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

1d6: [3] = 3
1d6: [2] = 2

1d6!: [1] = 1
1d6!: [5] = 5


Tiberius grins and strokes the railing as the ship begins to move. He listens as the ship groans and nods with satisfaction. He might be a first rate grifter trying to charge those prices but he knows his trade. She sound like her old self again, swift as the winds and full of fight.

Hearing the commotion coming from the docks he frowns at the group of orcs heading in their direction and then shrugs dismissing them. Unless they learn to fly they be a day late and a dukat short, heh.

Tiberius continues to monitor the progress of the Manticore, alert to any signs of stress. He is just beginning to relax when the ship learches from an explosion below decks. Staggering he grabs the rail to regain his balance and screams in frustration, "Damn it all to the Nine Hells, we JUST got her put back together again. DAMN YOU Blackfoot, this is all your fault I just know it!"

Turning on his heel he races towards the nearest hatch leading below deck to assess the damage.
Tiberius
Bennies 1 of 3
1 Golden Bennie

Player James
Alts:

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d4 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 4 | Toughness 6(2)

Frequently used skills
Skills:
Agility
  • Athletics d6
  • Fighting d4
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d8

Smarts
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Notice d6
  • Occult d8
  • Repair d8 + 2



Special Abilities


Edges
  • Mr. Fix It: +2 to Repair rolls, half the time required complete repairs with a raise.


Hindrances
  • Major Impulsive - Fun loving and generally tends to leap before he looks.
  • Minor Quirk - Loves playing practical jokes
  • Minor Ugly - Has a face only a mother could love. After a couple drinks.

Code: Select all

[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d6[/dice] 
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]

[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Balanor wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:17 pm

"Aye, cap'n." Balanor takes the ship up towards the edge of the atmosphere. As they are leaving the dock he does hear a small commotion but believes it to be unimportant. Clearing the atmosphere he pilots around the moon and begins pointing the ship towards Toril. Just before jamming he hears a loud noise below decks. Knowing it is better deal with the problem before getting too far in the dark he cancels the command and looks to @Captian Blackfoot for direction.
As Balanor hears the explosion coming from the cargo hold, he turns to await the Captains command and only then realizes the capt is not on the bridge.
Cerulean wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm
"What have we here?" Cerulean mutters. He calls his crewmate, Shaure, over and shows it to her.

"Go tell Captain Blackfoot about this. I don't want there to be trouble, so I'm going to check it out."

He dismisses her and goes to look at the cracked box.

Edit: rolling Notice in the Discord channel. I'll tag Technospawn there.
As Cerlulean dimissed Shaure to get the captain he looked closer at the crack and could see something moving on the other. Just as he was looking closer he saw an eye peeking back at him. A really big eye. Then there was a deafening roar as something exploded over near the ladder access to the hold. The unsecured cargo was thrown violent and as he looked up to see the cracked crate heading straight at him he also saw Shaure blown off the ladder.
Ellisto wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:07 pm

BOOM!!!

Leaving his galley, Ellisto carefully makes his way to where he thinks the explosion came from.

That definitely sounds like a place we need more of Tymora's Blessings
As Ellisto felt the explosion shudder the deck he started making his way down the passage way. When he got to the bulkhead between the officers quarters and the cargo hold, the was a huge gaping hole. Staring through the hole he could see one of the crates had completely disintegrated. Looking around he also noticed Shaure laying crumbled a top another crate.
Jarvis Belloch wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Just as the Giff was satisfied that they'd probably never see those orcs again and it was best to just forget about them and whatever fate awaited the poor goblin, an explosion rocked the ship.

"What the hell was that? ! Zicks, get some of the crew and check the hull for integrity. Make sure the weapons we do have up and working are fully manned."

Jarvis then made for the quarterdeck as that would be the likely place for the Captain.
Getting to the quaterdeck, Jarvis sees Balanor sitting in the helm but the captain is not there. When he ask Balanor about the captain, Balanor tells him that he has no idea where the captain went.
Tiberius wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:25 pm


Tiberius grins and strokes the railing as the ship begins to move. He listens as the ship groans and nods with satisfaction. He might be a first rate grifter trying to charge those prices but he knows his trade. She sound like her old self again, swift as the winds and full of fight.

Hearing the commotion coming from the docks he frowns at the group of orcs heading in their direction and then shrugs dismissing them. Unless they learn to fly they be a day late and a dukat short, heh.

Tiberius continues to monitor the progress of the Manticore, alert to any signs of stress. He is just beginning to relax when the ship learches from an explosion below decks. Staggering he grabs the rail to regain his balance and screams in frustration, "Damn it all to the Nine Hells, we JUST got her put back together again. DAMN YOU Blackfoot, this is all your fault I just know it!"

Turning on his heel he races towards the nearest hatch leading below deck to assess the damage.
Making his way below deck and forward to the cargo hold he can see their is a lot of damage and some crew have been wounded but the hull looked like it was intact. Looking around he noticed a big hole in one bulkhead with Ellisto's head sticking through it.
Ellisto wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Bringing his new curiosity to @Old Man to look at, Ellisto has a few questions for him.

"Now, Mr Brandt, do you have any ideas what this is from, and perhaps what it does? I... found... it in an alley back by the docks. It was stashed there by a Goblin there before it looked like he was picked up by a couple of his associates. Any idea when you may be done and I can have it back?"

Waiting for whatever immediate information the ship's sage has to pass along, Ellisto then heads down to HIS Galley to make the final preparations for their departure.
The Old Man not feeling well dismissed Ellisto saying he would look at it later. Looking briefly at the stone the gnome could tell it was indeed arcane runes. He would have to study it more when he was feeling better. The would be a very interesting find indeed. He could already see the markings for power and storage. As he was setting the stone down he felt a brief warmth in the stone then a loud explosion rang out somewhere forward.

Cerulean will need an evasion roll to dodge the crate. Shaure does have several broken bones and is incapacitated, will you save her. Anyone in the cargo hold should roll notice. How is the rest of the crew reacting.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »


Notice 1d6!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!: [5] = 5


The knot in Tiberius' chest begins to loosen as he assesses the damage and sees the damage to the ship is relatively minor though to some of the crew, not so much.

Spying Shaure crumpled in a heap he screeches to the nearest crewman "YOU! Get yerself to the infirmary and tell Triss she has customers and come to the cargo hold double quick! MOVE yer arse you great lump!"

Checking to make sure that Shaure is in no immediate danger from further injury Tiberius leaves her be until the medic can make an appearance.
Tiberius
Bennies 1 of 3
1 Golden Bennie

Player James
Alts:

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d4 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 4 | Toughness 6(2)

Frequently used skills
Skills:
Agility
  • Athletics d6
  • Fighting d4
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d8

Smarts
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Notice d6
  • Occult d8
  • Repair d8 + 2



Special Abilities


Edges
  • Mr. Fix It: +2 to Repair rolls, half the time required complete repairs with a raise.


Hindrances
  • Major Impulsive - Fun loving and generally tends to leap before he looks.
  • Minor Quirk - Loves playing practical jokes
  • Minor Ugly - Has a face only a mother could love. After a couple drinks.

Code: Select all

[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d6[/dice] 
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]

[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Notice 9
Notice (+2 due Alertness)
  • Notice: 1d8!!+2!!: [7]+2 = 9
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [1]+2 = 3
    Result: 9 - Raise or vs. Opposed Roll
Ellisto looks over at Tiberious...

"This DEFINITELY looks like a hole. It also looks like at least one of the other crates have been been completely disintegrated. I can't carry Shaure to the infirmary, but she does need medical help. Tiberius, I am not the fastest to run to the infirmary, but I am thinking we may need Tymora's Blessing around here, especially to find out what caused the explosion and the crate that used to be over there to be disintegrated."

Ellisto then starts looking around the cargo hold for any hints at what happened there.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Technospawn wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:46 am
Cerulean wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm
"What have we here?" Cerulean mutters. He calls his crewmate, Shaure, over and shows it to her.

"Go tell Captain Blackfoot about this. I don't want there to be trouble, so I'm going to check it out."

He dismisses her and goes to look at the cracked box.

Edit: rolling Notice in the Discord channel. I'll tag Technospawn there.
As Cerlulean dimissed Shaure to get the captain he looked closer at the crack and could see something moving on the other. Just as he was looking closer he saw an eye peeking back at him. A really big eye. Then there was a deafening roar as something exploded over near the ladder access to the hold. The unsecured cargo was thrown violent and as he looked up to see the cracked crate heading straight at him he also saw Shaure blown off the ladder.

Cerulean will need an evasion roll to dodge the crate. Shaure does have several broken bones and is incapacitated, will you save her. Anyone in the cargo hold should roll notice. How is the rest of the crew reacting.
Cerulean will make his evasion roll and, presumind he's successful, go over and help Shaure.

Agility d8!!
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Dice rolls:
Dice rolls
Agility 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Healing unskilled 1d4-2: [4]-2 = 2
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Apparently I aced the healing roll so I'll roll the ace now.

Edit, so 7 total.
Dice rolls
1d4!!: [5!!] = 5
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

As Cerulean looks at the object he thinks, Hey, I've seen these bef - OH CRAP!

He backflips over the nearest crate and in a moment sees Shaure lying atop another, bleeding. He runs over, stripping off one of his sleeves to use as a bandage.
After a moment he notices Ellisto. "Ellisto! Thank goodness! Shaure is hurt, get our healer!"
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis turns a visible shade of maroon. This wasn't the first time the captain was no where to be found in a crisis.

To the Abyss with this. I'll run this damn ship myself

"Mr. Balanor, hold course"

Jarvis then steps to the edge of the quarterdeck and starts shouting orders. The Giff isn't sure of the situation, but some action needs to be taken and if he needed to be the one to spur the crew into action, then so be it.

"I need a damage report. Man the lookout and give me a read on any other ships in the area.. Start triaging any wounded and get them to Triss below deck. Man the weapons and await my further orders. With haste, people, with haste! Anyone caught lollygagging sucks the void!"

Actions
Battle to assess the situation and Intimidate to command the crew to act


Battle d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Intimidate d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Healing 7
+2 Healing
Faith 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trina had the table set up in the middle of the infirmary, the leather straps ready for any wounded, when Shaure was brought in looking pretty bad.

“What happened?” Triss asked as she scrubbed up her hands with some rum. “How many injured are there? I need to triage the need for my healing spells.” On hearing that so far it was just Shaure, Triss nodded and started humming a healing tune. She pressed her hands against Shaure’s injuries. They started to close as the healing song flowed into her, and Trina watched in amazement.

“Start cleaning her up,” Triss told Trina, taking a seat on a stool in the corner to rest.
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 7/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 2
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Cerulean wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:30 am
As Cerulean looks at the object he thinks, Hey, I've seen these bef - OH CRAP!

He backflips over the nearest crate and in a moment sees Shaure lying atop another, bleeding. He runs over, stripping off one of his sleeves to use as a bandage.
After a moment he notices Ellisto. "Ellisto! Thank goodness! Shaure is hurt, get our healer!"
"SOMETHING Disintegrated a crate. That SOMETHING may still be here, and if so, we need to find it. Shaure looks like they have been stabilized, so they are no longer the top priority. I KNOW you are the Bosun and I am just the cook, but looking for the source of the Disintegration is VERY important, in my opinion."
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

"Somehow I think finding the source of this explosion or whatever the nine hells it was it not going to be hard me thinks!" Tiberius spits out, grabbing a handy piece of timber just in case. "If there's something in here it's going to make its presence known sooner than later. Speaking of which.."

Tiberius points at another crewman. "You, git yerself up to the deck and find that great lump Jarvis and ask his eminence if he would get hisself down here double quick as we may have a stowaway on board and it appears to be in a right ugly mood. He might also wanna bring whoever isn't needed to keep this old girl in the air. If it can blow up a crate it can surely blow a hole in the side of our lovely lady and I'm getting right put out with that happening!"

"Cerulean! You see the bleeding thing that did this? The hold isn't THAT big damn the nine hells!" Tiberius moves to cover the hatch (and the hole) as best he can until reinforcements arrive.
Tiberius
Bennies 1 of 3
1 Golden Bennie

Player James
Alts:

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d4 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 4 | Toughness 6(2)

Frequently used skills
Skills:
Agility
  • Athletics d6
  • Fighting d4
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d8

Smarts
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Notice d6
  • Occult d8
  • Repair d8 + 2



Special Abilities


Edges
  • Mr. Fix It: +2 to Repair rolls, half the time required complete repairs with a raise.


Hindrances
  • Major Impulsive - Fun loving and generally tends to leap before he looks.
  • Minor Quirk - Loves playing practical jokes
  • Minor Ugly - Has a face only a mother could love. After a couple drinks.

Code: Select all

[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d6[/dice] 
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]

[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Tiberius wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:21 am
"Somehow I think finding the source of this explosion or whatever the nine hells it was it not going to be hard me thinks!" Tiberius spits out, grabbing a handy piece of timber just in case. "If there's something in here it's going to make its presence known sooner than later. Speaking of which.."

Tiberius points at another crewman. "You, git yerself up to the deck and find that great lump Jarvis and ask his eminence if he would get hisself down here double quick as we may have a stowaway on board and it appears to be in a right ugly mood. He might also wanna bring whoever isn't needed to keep this old girl in the air. If it can blow up a crate it can surely blow a hole in the side of our lovely lady and I'm getting right put out with that happening!"

"Cerulean! You see the bleeding thing that did this? The hold isn't THAT big damn the nine hells!" Tiberius moves to cover the hatch (and the hole) as best he can until reinforcements arrive.
As @Tiberius moved to cover stand between the hatch and the hole, he noticed movement. As he focused on the movement he could soon make out a roughly spherical shape about 3 feet across with 4 appendages floating with it's back to him. It looked like it was moving around studying the cargo and looking for something.
Ellisto wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:00 am
"SOMETHING Disintegrated a crate. That SOMETHING may still be here, and if so, we need to find it. Shaure looks like they have been stabilized, so they are no longer the top priority. I KNOW you are the Bosun and I am just the cook, but looking for the source of the Disintegration is VERY important, in my opinion."
Following Tiberius' gaze Ellisto just bare spots the creature as it rounds a corner. He is not able to make out any details.
Jarvis Belloch wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:15 pm
Jarvis turns a visible shade of maroon. This wasn't the first time the captain was no where to be found in a crisis.

To the Abyss with this. I'll run this damn ship myself

"Mr. Balanor, hold course"

Jarvis then steps to the edge of the quarterdeck and starts shouting orders. The Giff isn't sure of the situation, but some action needs to be taken and if he needed to be the one to spur the crew into action, then so be it.

"I need a damage report. Man the lookout and give me a read on any other ships in the area.. Start triaging any wounded and get them to Triss below deck. Man the weapons and await my further orders. With haste, people, with haste! Anyone caught lollygagging sucks the void!"
The crewmen on the deck jumped and ran to do as @Jarvis Belloch ordered. But the directions were unclear and the deck became chaos. Two different crewmen tried to climb the mast to the look out at the same time. More scared of the giff than they were each other they soon broke down into an argument on who was going to climb first. Four crewmen raced to the bow ballista leaving the port aft ballista completely unmanned.

As Jarvis watched the chaos with growing frustration a crewman flew up out of the hold and ran to him. "Tiberius asked that you come to the hold. There was an explosion and he things there is a stowaway down there."
Cerulean wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:30 am
As Cerulean looks at the object he thinks, Hey, I've seen these bef - OH CRAP!

He backflips over the nearest crate and in a moment sees Shaure lying atop another, bleeding. He runs over, stripping off one of his sleeves to use as a bandage.
After a moment he notices Ellisto. "Ellisto! Thank goodness! Shaure is hurt, get our healer!"
@Cerulean was able to stop most of the bleeding and stabilize Shaure before he turned her over to some crewmen to carry her to Triss. With Tiberius yelling at him about seeing what caused the explosion Cerulean looks up but he does not see anything from where he is.

Roll common knowledge -2 or occult to identify the creature.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

"Mr. Balanor, hold course"
Yes, no captain so the bosun takes over. Hold course? Should I jam or stay slow? There are times I hate this crew.

Deciding to stay slow Balanor keeps the ship pointed in the correct direction but accelerates a bit. He then keeps a weather eye out for anything that may approach while they are dealing with the explosion aftermath.


Notice: 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild: 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Common Knowledge 14
Common Knowledge (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Common Knowledge: 1d6!!-2!!: [4]-2 = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [4]-2 = 2
    • Bennie Reroll (+2 due Elan)
      • Common Knowledge: 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14
        Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
    Result: 14 - Success with Raise(s)
Just Lucky, I Guess 8
Boost Trait (Athletics)
  • Psionics: 1d8!!: [7] = 7
    Wild: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
    Result: 7. Extra Effort (1PP) -> 8. Athletics d8 -> d12. 2 PP Total.
Hmmm... that seems to be what I heard of as a Spectator from the taverns back in Skullport. Better be careful...

With that, Ellisto tries some
Stealth: 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
  • Bennie Reroll (+2 due Elan)
    • Stealth: 1d8!!+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
      Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
    GOLDEN BENNIE: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 11 on Opposed Roll
as he makes his way towards where he saw the Spectator go, peering around the remaining crates and using the shadows thrown by the crates to disguise his silhouette. After crossing both his fingers and his eyes, he carefully draws out a sling stone and one of his slings; Ellisto wants to be prepared for whatever lucky opportunities Tymora may throw his way to deal with this Aberration.
Last edited by Ellisto on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean thinks back on what he saw.
"It was alive, I know that much."
Rolling common knowledge at -2:
(Edit: I had to use the Discord bot.) 10, after the -2.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

"Tiberius! We have a guest. It's a Spectator, and it's still in the crate. Let's go get it!"
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis only grew more frustrated and angry as the crew devolved into complete chaos. The Giff was so agitated that he nearly pulled the arms off the crewman to go to the hold. Instead he spun on his heel and stomped down the steep stairs to go below deck, woe be it for anyone that happened to get in the way doing so.

"Zicks! Get this mess organized and under control. Go ahead and eat anybody that gives you trouble."

Arriving in the hold and seeing the destruction, the source of his rage and frustration shifted but the intensity did not diminish.


Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!: [2] = 2
-2 =0


The Giff had no idea what was going on based on the devastation, but it seemed like most of the officers were there to deal with it, so that was good. Maybe keeping the rest of the crew busy was a good thing? But where in the Nine Hells was the Captain? At Cerulean's announcment of a creature, Jarvis shouldered his way through the tight quarters keeping the bayonet of his musket at the ready.

A Spectator? I should know what that is, but the significance is escaping me at the moment.

Reaching Tiberius, Jarvis calmed down a little. The goblin knew the 'Manticore inside and out. They'd find it and they'd kill it. It was that simple.

"What are we dealing with here, mates? Point me in the right direction, and I'll keep it's attention until you put an end to it."
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

Occult Die 1d8: [8] = 8
Occult Die Ace 1d8!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6: [5] = 5
Keep forgetting to use the flaming exclamation point for exploding dice!!!


Tiberius' face pales as he catches sight of the floating monster. "Hell's Bells" he breathed to himself. "It's a bleeding Spectator! At least it's not a Beholder. Thank the gods for small favors I guess."

If possible when he hears Cerulean yell that he's got a Spectator in a crate his face pales even further. "If you got one in a crate over there then we gots a bigger problem because I saw one floatin' free over here! We're royally screwed if there are any more of them!"

Fortunately Jervis picked that time to thunder into the hold like a Giff in a china shop and Tiberius breathed a silent sigh of relief at his presence, not that he'd ever admit it to him.

"Heads up Jarvis we seem to have party crashers raising a ruckus down here!" Pointing in the direction that the beast he saw had taken. "One or mebbe two Spectators roaming around down here though one might still be trapped in a crate if we can have any luck at all today. In case ya didn't know a Spectator be a Beholder Kin so watch yerself!"

Gods, Tiberius thinks to himself as edges towards the area he last saw the Spectator, I think we need to be a bit more discerning about the cargo we take on. A couple more like this and we won't have a ship left to put cargo on.
Tiberius
Bennies 1 of 3
1 Golden Bennie

Player James
Alts:

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d4 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 4 | Toughness 6(2)

Frequently used skills
Skills:
Agility
  • Athletics d6
  • Fighting d4
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d8

Smarts
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Notice d6
  • Occult d8
  • Repair d8 + 2



Special Abilities


Edges
  • Mr. Fix It: +2 to Repair rolls, half the time required complete repairs with a raise.


Hindrances
  • Major Impulsive - Fun loving and generally tends to leap before he looks.
  • Minor Quirk - Loves playing practical jokes
  • Minor Ugly - Has a face only a mother could love. After a couple drinks.

Code: Select all

[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d6[/dice] 
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]

[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trina got Shaura healed and cleaned up the blood, sending her back to her post. There didn’t seem to be too many other casualties, thank the gods, so the pair started to clean up again, awaiting word on what was happening.
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 7/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 2
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)

User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

Captain Blackfoot's head lolls as his body gets a rush from his latest meal. It has been several days since he could enjoy a proper dinner, and now well outside of civilization, he feels comfortable doing what he must while being able to enjoy it. As the memories and experience wash over him, he gets the vague sense that something's wrong but not enough to shake him out of his stupor.

Eventually, the clamoring footsteps of his crew and their yelling cut through the captain's mental haze. He's able to put two and two together and realize that something is, in fact, very wrong. He hops up, as best a peg-legged man can, and rushes out of his quarters. Blackfoot spots Malvir on the deck and bellows at the first mate, "Malvir! Explain this emergency then get this ship sorted. Helmsman, hold her steady and ready. I want this ship ready to move at a moment's notice."

While the first mate informs the captain of the explosion and injuries below deck, the captain wipes slimy grey bits off of his tentacles and listens intently. The captain gathers up any nearby crew not immediately needed and storms off towards the hold. Blackfoot addresses them en route, "Listen, men. Our cargo is not to be damaged. On the off chance that this disturbance happens to be the cargo...We need it contained and not destroyed."

Captain Blackfoot arrives and
Notice 1d6!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!: [3] = 3
, "What in the nine hells is going on in here, status report!"
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the <Ship Name>
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 6(2); Toughness: 5(0)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Command: +1 to Extras’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").
  • Infravision & Low Light Vision: Ignore dim and dark penalties. Also ignore total darkness when dealing with creatures that emit body heat.
  • Rabble Rouser: Once per turn, affect all foes in a Medium Blast Template with an Intimidation or Taunt Test.
  • Unarmored Hero: When not wearing any armor (ignoring shields), add a +2 bonus to Soak rolls.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 13/15
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

Tiberius wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:31 pm
"Heads up Jarvis we seem to have party crashers raising a ruckus down here! One or mebbe two Spectators roaming around down here though one might still be trapped in a crate if we can have any luck at all today. In case ya didn't know a Spectator be a Beholder Kin so watch yerself!"
Hearing the yells from below Blanor thinks quickly. "Where are those blasted 'guards' that were sent along? Ask them what is going on! And if they don't answer do something messy!"

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Hearing the commotion in the hold the two Githyanki guards move quickly into the hold. Looking around quickly they spot the bust crate and seeing the crew running around armed, one of them says to @Jarvis Belloch "you are damaging the cargo. Put down your weapons and put the cargo back." They give @Jarvis Belloch and @Tiberius a very hard look.

The smaller one ask @Cerulean "who opened the cargo? You were warned to leave it alone."

Hearing @Captain Blackfoot coming down the ladder the taller one calls outs "Captain, it would a shame if we had to punish you and your crew for damaging the cargo. I assume you fix this issue and punish those responsible."

They then rest their hands gently on their belts near their weapons and watch as the crew scours the hold. Just then @Captain Blackfoot hears thoughts in his head "hungry, must consume. So very hungry, where to find..."

As @Ellisto snuck between the crates with his sling ready he spotted movement ahead off to his left. He came to the corner of the crate and peered around. He could see the spectator just a head in the deep shadows. As he watched the spectator something seemed off. He could not quite put his finger on it. He started running down what he knew of the creatures. About 4 foot diameter, that seamed right. Giant eye and large mouth of teeth, that seamed right. Once, two, three, four, five, six, @Ellisto stopped counting and froze. That was way too many eye stalks for a spectator. He had heard they have 4 and this had at least 7 that he could make out. It was hard to count them in the darkness of the hold.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean says to the smaller githyanki, "As far as I know, none of my crew opened the crates. Given how we aren't in the habit of opening any of our cargoes. And indeed, it looks like the creatures you were shipping are what opened the crates."
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652

User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

Technospawn wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 am
Hearing Captain Blackfoot coming down the ladder the taller one calls outs "Captain, it would a shame if we had to punish you and your crew for damaging the cargo. I assume you fix this issue and punish those responsible."
Captain Blackfoot gives the tall githyanki the best attempt at a raised eyebrow that an Illithid can manage. His facial tentacles undulate and he chops his hand through the air.
Wild 1d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Intimidation 1d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7
, "On board this ship my word is law, Githyanki. You have my word that if any of my crew purposefully released or damaged your master's goods that they will answer to me personally. Now, if you are done trying to intimidate me aboard my own vessel, perhaps you could help us stow these...goods. Safely."
Technospawn wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 am
They then rest their hands gently on their belts near their weapons and watch as the crew scours the hold. Just then Captain Blackfoot hears thoughts in his head "hungry, must consume. So very hungry, where to find..."
The captain
Notice 1d6!: [3] = 3 Wild 2 1d6!: [2] = 2
, but there are too many sentients in the room to easily identify which thoughts are coming from where. Instead, the
-1 PP, -1 Benny (Edit: -1 more PP to include the old man who just rejoined us in the game via the Additional Recipients modifier)
Focus 1d6!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1
Benny Focus 1d6!: [1] = 1 Benny Wild 1d6!: [6!, 5] = 11
, ' @Jarvis Belloch, I'm hearing hungry thoughts, but I can't pin them down. Try to isolate yourself from the rest. If you leave yourself "open" to attack, we might be able to draw the goods out. You are our Master of Arms, and
Attempting to Support Jarvis: +1 to Jarvis' next roll.
Persuasion 1d6!: [2] = 2 Wild 4 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7
. Can you do it?'
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the <Ship Name>
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 6(2); Toughness: 5(0)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Command: +1 to Extras’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").
  • Infravision & Low Light Vision: Ignore dim and dark penalties. Also ignore total darkness when dealing with creatures that emit body heat.
  • Rabble Rouser: Once per turn, affect all foes in a Medium Blast Template with an Intimidation or Taunt Test.
  • Unarmored Hero: When not wearing any armor (ignoring shields), add a +2 bonus to Soak rolls.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 13/15
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

What would a true beholder be doing on OUR ship? Those Giths would have to have been crazy to bring one along for a trip through the Flow. If it came on board on its own power, why would it be here? The only thing of possible interest would be the Gith's' cargo. Time to see what it is here for... I just wish I had some backup nearby if this goes sideways. It is too dark to see from what it is doing.

Ellisto kisses his knuckle and touches it to his forehead as he sneakily follows the Beholder to see what it is up to.
Rolls
Taking a Bennie for Curiosity
Just Lucky, I guess 8
Gifted (Boost Trait - Stealth)
  • Focus: 1d8!!: [6] = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
    Result: 8 - Success. Stealth d8 -> d12. 1 PP.
Stealth 12
Stealth (Boosted d8 -> d12)
  • Stealth: 1d12!!: [6] = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    • Bennie Re-roll (+2 for Elan)
      • Stealth: 1d12!!+2!!: [10]+2 = 12
        Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [2]+2 = 4
    Result: 12 on Opposed Roll
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Getting up from the floor where the Old Man fell when the shipped wa rocked he looks around still a little dazed as his head clears. Looking around he cannot see Young Brandt anywhere and wonders where the lad went off to, when the sounds of all the excitement came to him from outside his cabin.

Heading out to the deck the Old Man moves to investigate what was going on and walks up to hear some unpleasant words.
Hearing Captain Blackfoot coming down the ladder the taller one calls outs "Captain, it would a shame if we had to punish you and your crew for damaging the cargo. I assume you fix this issue and punish those responsible."

Captain Blackfoot gives the tall githyanki the best attempt at a raised eyebrow that an Illithid can manage. His facial tentacles undulate and he chops his hand through the air. , "On board this ship my word is law, Githyanki. You have my word that if any of my crew purposefully released or damaged your master's goods that they will answer to me personally. Now, if you are done trying to intimidate me aboard my own vessel, perhaps you could help us stow these...goods. Safely."
Hum, The Old man thinks to himself. If they are trouble maybe tossing them sunward would be a proper way to deal with it. Then he turns looking as word spreads of a Spectator or even a Beholder on the ship the old man slows for a moment. "This is trouble we did not need and foolishness to bring on us." then out loud. "Where in my Young Apprentice?" But as he only sees shaking heads he begins to think things are getting real bad. If a monster has eaten his apprentice he will be very put off.

Heading over to the Captain he says. "Tell me whatever information you have so far. I can try and think of something to help."

@Captain Blackfoot

User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

The @Old Man's timing is impeccable, and he happens to be exactly who is needed. Captain Blackfoot connects his mind with old man Brandt's just as he gets in touch with Jarvis. The captain side-eyes the old man while still facing the angry Githyanki.

"Aye, our 'guests' have informed me that our client's goods have misplaced itself or themselves," Blackfoot says as he relays his plan to the old man, 'I've asked our master at arms to separate himself from the rest and give the creature a chance to reveal itself. I can just barely hear its thoughts, and it's hungry.'

Captain Blackfoot waves his hand at the Githyank as he continues, "Our 'guests' have suggested that someone amongst my crew are stupid enough to damage our cargo or release it. I especially doubt any of them would be brazen enough to cause an explosion inside my vessel while still on board!"

Then he contacts the old man directly again, 'We need to know exactly what we're dealing with, and how we can capture it safely. Or as safely as possible. Then we need to keep it safe long enough to get it and these Githyanki off my damned ship. This is your area of expertise, what do we need to do?'
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the <Ship Name>
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 6(2); Toughness: 5(0)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Command: +1 to Extras’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").
  • Infravision & Low Light Vision: Ignore dim and dark penalties. Also ignore total darkness when dealing with creatures that emit body heat.
  • Rabble Rouser: Once per turn, affect all foes in a Medium Blast Template with an Intimidation or Taunt Test.
  • Unarmored Hero: When not wearing any armor (ignoring shields), add a +2 bonus to Soak rolls.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 13/15
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

“Stay here,” Triss told Trina. “Keep everything ready and set up. Seems we have something going on. I’m going to see what it is,” she told the teenager.

Heading out of the infirmary, she heard the commotion up on deck with the captain, and down below in the hold. She headed up to the main deck.

“What’s going on? What was that explosion?” Triss asked. She eyed the githyanki, wondering what bee was in their bonnets.
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 7/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 2
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Notice 1d10+2: [1]+2 = 3 wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

As @Ellisto creeps closer the beholder stops and all of his swivel to look at the wall in front of him. The behold floats there almost frozen and apparently lost in his thoughts. The spectator is nowhere to be seen.

@Tiberius see Ellisto turn the wrong way. He just watched the spectator head to the port side of the hold. As he moves that direction he comes the port bulkhead and does not see the spectator anymore.



@Cerulean addresses the Githyanki, he notices that two crates have been damaged and the cargo missing.

The githyanki look at @Captain Blackfoot and calmly state "the cargo was sedated. They should not have woken up. When you secure them again, sedate them with this." the githyanki hands the captain a vial of thick yellow liquid.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

roll 2d6: [1, 4] = 5
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Captain Blackfoot wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:15 pm
Captain Blackfoot waves his hand at the Githyank as he continues, "Our 'guests' have suggested that someone amongst my crew are stupid enough to damage our cargo or release it. I especially doubt any of them would be brazen enough to cause an explosion inside my vessel while still on board!"
"I believe it may have been the stone brought to me. It was some sort of trigger for an explosive and I think perhaps someone set it off. That is what knocked me out. This was no accident Captain, but I do not know who was behind it."

The Old Man immediately begins looking out for details and clues as to what this creature or trouble could be, activating his arcane awareness just in case. "Use your arcane sight Young Brandt. You never know what you can learn about an enemy with it."


Detect Arcana 11, hurry, range x3
Detect Arcana 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [11!!]+[3] = 14

User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis snorts, there was no way he was going to listen to the Githyanki. He gave his bayonet a twist to lock it in place and casually laid the weapon in the crook of his arm. He opens his mouth to tell the Githyanki where they can stick their cargo when the Captian’s message gets to him.

Aye, Aye, sir. I’ll stand by, but what’s loose down here isn’t anything to be trifled with.

Jarvis never breaks eye contact with the Githyanki. In a voice load enough to echo in the hold, “Maybe a better strategy is to lock down the hold and post crew at the entrances to the hold and NO ONE gets out until this is resolved or without the Captain’s express authority.”

The big Giff reaches out and horse collars a passing crewman. “Tell Zick’s exactly what I just said.”
OOC Comments
I’ll spend a Benny to have some random crewman be passing by if needed.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1

User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

The captain eyes the Githyaki warily when it hands him the vial. He briefly examines its contents but honestly can't make heads or tails of it. Captain Blackfoot sends a message about the vial to the @Old Man, 'Aye, we can find the traitorous rat when our ship is secured. Gith says he has a solution for us. Make sure whatever is in this vial won't kill us. Or the goods, for that matter. Have the doctor look at it, too, if you need a second opinion, but hurry. I want to be ready to use it as soon as we need it.'

Then he responds to @Triss Nightingale, "Explosion can wait, lass. Our goods have turned stowaway on us. Stay out of the way so that you don't get hurt. I'm not entirely sure what we're dealing with, and we might need you ready to save a life. Old man Brandt might need your expertise if you've any knowledge that might be of use, Triss"

@Jarvis Belloch's idea to lock the hold seems sound and the captain says as such, "Aye, make it so. Keeps unsuspecting busybodies away from our...errant goods."

'Jarvis, lad, the old man and the doctor are standing by and ready to help. You're perfectly safe. Right now they're examining some sort of potion or salve the githyanki provided. The gith says it'll help, but I want to make sure it won't hurt any either.'
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the <Ship Name>
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 6(2); Toughness: 5(0)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Command: +1 to Extras’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").
  • Infravision & Low Light Vision: Ignore dim and dark penalties. Also ignore total darkness when dealing with creatures that emit body heat.
  • Rabble Rouser: Once per turn, affect all foes in a Medium Blast Template with an Intimidation or Taunt Test.
  • Unarmored Hero: When not wearing any armor (ignoring shields), add a +2 bonus to Soak rolls.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 13/15
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

The Old Man accepts the vile from Captain Blackfoot an examines it closely. "Hum, it seems..."

Detect Arcana 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [4]+[2] = 6
Occult to identify exactly what this is and the power 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6
Benny Occult 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [5]+[8!!] = 13

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

"The crew didn't have nuthin to do with this bollocks ya bloody void suckers!" Tiberius growls and points at them with his improvised club. "Nobody on this crew is stupid enough to risk blowing this ship out from under us thought I also woulda thought the captain would be smarter than to bring critters like that on our ship! If I had to make a wager I'd say the bloody crate was booby trapped before it ever came on board so don't be trying to lay this mess on us!"

Obviously agitated the diminutive goblin stamps his foot and bares his teeth in a grimace. "Ya can put those bloody critters back in their box once I brain the bastards" with that Tiberius turns on his heel and moves towards @Ellisto hissing at him once he gets close enough. "Ellisto ya daft halfling! Ya turned the wrong way. The beastie is headed to port. If yer not careful you'll end up a snack!"

Gesturing for Ellisto to follow Tiberius creeps along the crates in the hold not sure if he really wanted to lay eyes on the critter again or not. Tiberius me lad ya gots to stop gettin yerself into these situations.


Can't catch a damned break!!!!
Stealth Roll 1d8: [4] = 4
Wild Die 1d6: [1] = 1

Notice Roll 1d6: [5] = 5
Wild Die 1d6: [6] = 6
Wild Die Ace 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7
Tiberius
Bennies 1 of 3
1 Golden Bennie

Player James
Alts:

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d4 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 4 | Toughness 6(2)

Frequently used skills
Skills:
Agility
  • Athletics d6
  • Fighting d4
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d8

Smarts
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Notice d6
  • Occult d8
  • Repair d8 + 2



Special Abilities


Edges
  • Mr. Fix It: +2 to Repair rolls, half the time required complete repairs with a raise.


Hindrances
  • Major Impulsive - Fun loving and generally tends to leap before he looks.
  • Minor Quirk - Loves playing practical jokes
  • Minor Ugly - Has a face only a mother could love. After a couple drinks.

Code: Select all

[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d6[/dice] 
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]

[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Ellisto gives Tiberius a dirty look for a second before he realizes that the Goblin, Ellisto realizes that this could all be due to an Illusionist. Drawing upon his
Just Lucky, I Guess (Boost Trait - Smarts)
  • Focus: 1d8!!: [1] = 1
    Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
    Result: 5 - Success. Smarts d8 -> d10. 1 PP
before he starts
Smarts: 1d10!!: [7] = 7
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 7 - Success, seeing through the illusion, if it is such.
  • Disbelief: Those who contact an illusion or doubt it’s real make a Smarts roll as a free action (at −2 if the power was activated with a raise). If successful, that individual is no longer subject to this casting.
critically at the Beholder he sees, believing it to be an Illusion as he still hides around the corner from the possibly illusionary Beholder.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Old Man wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 am

The Old Man immediately begins looking out for details and clues as to what this creature or trouble could be, activating his arcane awareness just in case. "Use your arcane sight Young Brandt. You never know what you can learn about an enemy with it."
As the @Old Man open his awareness he detect the fading residual of magic on the destroyed crates. It was a powerful spell but it was fading now.
Jarvis Belloch wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am
Jarvis snorts, there was no way he was going to listen to the Githyanki. He gave his bayonet a twist to lock it in place and casually laid the weapon in the crook of his arm. He opens his mouth to tell the Githyanki where they can stick their cargo when the Captian’s message gets to him.

Aye, Aye, sir. I’ll stand by, but what’s loose down here isn’t anything to be trifled with.

Jarvis never breaks eye contact with the Githyanki. In a voice load enough to echo in the hold, “Maybe a better strategy is to lock down the hold and post crew at the entrances to the hold and NO ONE gets out until this is resolved or without the Captain’s express authority.”

The big Giff reaches out and horse collars a passing crewman. “Tell Zick’s exactly what I just said.”
The crewman nods then scampers up out of the hold to find Zicks.
Old Man wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:40 am
The Old Man accepts the vile from Captain Blackfoot an examines it closely. "Hum, it seems..."
After studying the vial for a few minutes the @Old Man can discern that the liquid contains potion that will put something to sleep. But it also has an extra edge to leaving the target tired. There is enough liquid for two doses.
Tiberius wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Obviously agitated the diminutive goblin stamps his foot and bares his teeth in a grimace. "Ya can put those bloody critters back in their box once I brain the bastards" with that Tiberius turns on his heel and moves towards @Ellisto hissing at him once he gets close enough. "Ellisto ya daft halfling! Ya turned the wrong way. The beastie is headed to port. If yer not careful you'll end up a snack!"

Gesturing for Ellisto to follow Tiberius creeps along the crates in the hold not sure if he really wanted to lay eyes on the critter again or not. Tiberius me lad ya gots to stop gettin yerself into these situations.
Ellisto wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:16 pm
Ellisto gives Tiberius a dirty look for a second before he realizes that the Goblin, Ellisto realizes that this could all be due to an Illusionist. Drawing upon his blessing from Tymora before he starts looking critically at the Beholder he sees, believing it to be an Illusion as he still hides around the corner from the possibly illusionary Beholder.
Hearing @Tiberius cursing the beholding spins around gazes towards the goblin. As he spins his eye passes over @Ellisto. When it does Ellisto fells all of his luck leaving him. The beholder begins to floats towards Tiberius.
Notice 1d10+2: [8]+2 = 10 wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1


Ellisto all of your spells have collapsed. You will need to roll stealth to stay hidden. You can not cast any new spells as long as you are in front of the beholder.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Stealth
Stealth: 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Result: -
Sling Attack (Called Shot Central Eye)
Athletics (-4 due Called Shot) (+2 due Elan)
  • Athletics: 1d8!!: [7] = 7 -4 +2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -4 +2
    • Bennie Reroll (+2 due Elan)
      • Athletics: 1d8!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
        Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Result: 5 - Success.
    • Damage: 2d4!!+4!!: [2, 1]+4 = 7
      • Bennie Damage Reroll: 2d4!!+4!!: [3, 2]+4 = 9
STUPID Goblin... yelling out when he could see me trying to hide from something.

Seeing Tiberius in trouble facing the Beholder alone, Ellisto gets a sling stone ready and with a lucky shot sends it into the central anti-magical eye of the beholder. Backing up to keep as far away from its HUGE mouth as possible, Ellisto starts having second thoughts about what he just did.

"GUYS!!! WE NEED SOME HELP HERE!!! A TRUE BEHOLDER!!! GUYS... GUYS!!! I DON"T THINK JUST TIBERIUS AND I CAN HANDLE IT!!!!!"
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 0/4 + 1 Golden Bennie
2 Golden(Oct23)( ->1 due Stealth on Spectator)
Base Amount
+1 due Interlude
-2 for Rerolls for Thievery for Smuggling Hold
-1 for Reroll for Stealth for Grabbing Small Pouch on Docks
-1 for Common Knowledge on Spectator
-1 for Stealth on Spectator

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss blinked as she heard Ellisto yell from below decks. “What crazy idiot brought a beholder on board?” she asked with shock. “Maybe I can talk with it?” she offered. “How do we use this?” She indicated the vial. “Do we need tranquilizer darts? Can Jarvis’ gun fire those? Or do we need to get close enough to pour it on them? Or, gods forbid, make them drink?”
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
PP: 7/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 2
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)

User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Young Brandt and the Old Man head down into the hull trying to locate this creature. "Let's be cautious Young Brandt. I would like you here tomorrow if at all possible."

Brandt Young knew the comment was meant to be complimentary, but he also knew that dozens of apprentices have come and gone before him, and not all of them lived to finish their apprenticeship. Looking into the hull he knew he did not want to walk into darkness right off and stalled for a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, his hand shaking as he held the dagger in his hand. Thinking over his combat training he mumbles to himself. "Pointy end in the bad guys..."

Jack of all Trades to recall fighting 1d10!!: [9] = 9
Raise Fighting d5, Parry 5

Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”