Easy Run

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Trin spoke up. “Maybe the sail master could work up some...hoods? Eye coverings for the beholders? If they’re kept blindfolded, maybe they will stay calm. It...works on animals,” the loblolly girl suggested.

“Worth a shot,” Triss said with a shrug. “Not like they couldn’t just blast them off as easily as anything else we put them in. I...might have some dream lily extract we could use to keep them sedated.”

***
Speak Language (Raise) (92r)
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
PP: 3/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 1
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Crossbow bolts: 20
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 4

The gith lowered his blade and spoke "you can captured the cargo with out killing it and you have healed H'rrxitel. Get the cargo secured and get us to the destination and I will let your captain live."

He turns to @Ellisto and says "a true warrior eats meat. Only the toothless would eat vegetable stew."

@Old Man thinks the sleeping potion should last until you reach port.

Anyone that is going to try and build a cage or crate roll the appropriate skill.

Everyone else what are you doing? Do you get the ship underway again? Do you throw the gith overboard?

Wound count
Beholder (wild Card) 2 wounds, slumber
@Captain Blackfoot (wild Card) 2 wounds
Zicks (extra) broken guts, -1 die agility
Gith (extra) busted guts -1 str die
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean and a few riggers are getting the beholder into a new better cage.
Shaure is leading the other riggers to get the ship going.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am
He turns to @Ellisto and says "a true warrior eats meat. Only the toothless would eat vegetable stew."
"So not a Vegetable stew... do you prefer Beef or Chicken? I will even put extra in your serving. Nothing like sharing a hearty meal to bring people together in peace."
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 18/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 3/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
+1 due Joker
-1 due Reroll Called Shot on Beholder Eye
-1 due Giving Jarvis a Bennie to reroll damage
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

"He should be lucky he is getting fed at all. Though I suppose these are the risks you run in this kind of business."

Jarvis is clearly not happy about the situation and leery of the Gith. Until the Captain says otherwise, however, he will remain civil.

"Since you are our guest, Gith...I am sorry, I did not catch your name--not that I really care. I will have your weapons now, please. For your safety, of course."

The big giff holds out his hand for the gith to hand over his swords.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am The gith lowered his blade and spoke "you can captured the cargo with out killing it and you have healed H'rrxitel. Get the cargo secured and get us to the destination and I will let your captain live."

He turns to @Ellisto and says "a true warrior eats meat. Only the toothless would eat vegetable stew."

Gith (extra) busted guts -1 str die
The Old Man ignores the foolish Gith as it acts like a spoiled child. Instead working out with Young Brandt how to ensure the sleep effect will sustain itself and establish a rotation for watching the creature.

However as he overhears the Gith speaking of 'allowing' the Captain to live, and making demands he assesses the creature a little more closely. One assured the creature would be no threat he pleas to it. "Oh, lets not get violent. We want to make it alive to the port. Maybe you can cooperate with Jarvis, and help us all get through this." Cementing in his mind if the creature makes another threat, then it would be too dangerous to be allowed to stay on the ship. He makes close observation of its location relative to the rest of the crew and ship.

"Perhaps we can call if a truce?" He finishes before he returns to his quarters and examining the strange artifact that he suspects was related to the explosion earlier.
User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

Tyril returns with some crewmen staggering under a load of timbers and strap iron for reinforcement. "Good lad!" Tiberius grins and he directs the crew to the corner of the hold where a reinforced cage can be constructed recruiting @Cerulean into the effort.


Repair Die 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Golden Bennie 1d6: [3] = 3


With plenty of strong backs and the expert guidance of Tiberius' carpentry skills they soon have a heavy timber cage reinforced with iron to hold their "cargo" safely for the rest of the trip. As they finish he pulls out a rag and mops his face. "Now that should keep those beasties all nice and tucked in for the rest of the trip. How about we toss the Giff in with his cargo? Seems like a might good idea to me!" Tiberius says as he chuckles evilly.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Bennies: 3 of 3
1 golden bennie

Tiberius


Player: James

Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 6(2)
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Ellisto wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:08 am "So not a Vegetable stew... do you prefer Beef or Chicken? I will even put extra in your serving. Nothing like sharing a hearty meal to bring people together in peace."
"I will take beef if you have no calamari." the gith said to @Ellisto. The he turned to @Jarvis Belloch and handed over his swords with a look that spoke his true feelings.
Tiberius wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:44 am Tyril returns with some crewmen staggering under a load of timbers and strap iron for reinforcement. "Good lad!" Tiberius grins and he directs the crew to the corner of the hold where a reinforced cage can be constructed recruiting @Cerulean into the effort.

With plenty of strong backs and the expert guidance of Tiberius' carpentry skills they soon have a heavy timber cage reinforced with iron to hold their "cargo" safely for the rest of the trip. As they finish he pulls out a rag and mops his face. "Now that should keep those beasties all nice and tucked in for the rest of the trip. How about we toss the Giff in with his cargo? Seems like a might good idea to me!" Tiberius says as he chuckles evilly.
Soon @Tiberius and @Cerulean had a strong cage built that would hold the beholderkin but there had to be a way to stop those damn eye rays.
Triss Nightingale wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:56 pm
Trin spoke up. “Maybe the sail master could work up some...hoods? Eye coverings for the beholders? If they’re kept blindfolded, maybe they will stay calm. It...works on animals,” the loblolly girl suggested.

“Worth a shot,” Triss said with a shrug. “Not like they couldn’t just blast them off as easily as anything else we put them in. I...might have some dream lily extract we could use to keep them sedated.”
Just about the time the Trin approach the hold carrying a large hood. Tell @Tiberius her plan she has several of the riggers help her put in on the beholder.
Old Man wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:49 pm
"Perhaps we can call if a truce?" He finishes before he returns to his quarters and examining the strange artifact that he suspects was related to the explosion earlier.
As the @Old Man studied the artifact he soon began to pick out the meaning of the runes but they way they were placed seemed wrong. Something seemed off and he was having a hard time making it out.
Roll Occult
The artifact contains the runs for power and storage and appears to store raw magically energy but there are other runes that make no sense. 10pp storage
As you study it more the final piece slides into place and the runes for void and stone makes sense now. The artifact absorbs incoming magically energy and stores it. Improved Arcane Resistance, 10pp Storage, Protection (stone skin). The artifact using improved arcane resistance to absorb pp. It can hold 10pp. It does not recharge until spells are cast at it. The PP can be used to cast Stone Skin. If the holder cast the stone skin on themselves then artifacts IAR kicks in.


As you put down in the Trackless Sea the gith told @Balanor your real destination is not Waterdeep. We are going to Skullport. Make you way to the sea caves and I will guide you into the locks.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

As you put down in the Trackless Sea the gith told @Balanor your real destination is not Waterdeep. We are going to Skullport. Make you way to the sea caves and I will guide you into the locks.
Hearing the change in direction Balanor frowns. " Hey, @Captain Blackfoot. Is there a clause in the contract about changing the destination? Weren't we contracted for a trip to Waterdeep?"
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Trin Healing support the Captain 2
+1 med kit
Healing 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Triss Healing the Captain 11; heals both the captain's wounds
+1 med kit
Healing 1d8!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Golden benny add 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Healing the beholder Trin support 8; +2 support
+1 med kit
Healing 1d4!!+1: [7!!]+1 = 8
Healing the beholder 12; heals both wounds on the beholder
+1 medical kit, +2 Trin support
Healing 1d8!!+5: [5]+5 = 10
Wild 1d6!!+5: [7!!]+5 = 12
Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trin still had a lot of work to do. They treated the captain, healing his injuries.

“Do you want us to treat the beholder too?”Triss asked. Trin gathered up her supplies and they headed down into the cargo hold.

Finally they were able to join the others for dinner when the gith announced their true destination.

“Skullport? Where’s that?” Trin asked.

“Underdark, beneath Waterdeep,” Triss explained. “Cutthroats and all kinds of scum and villainy. Anything goes. Hold onto your purse and your dagger.”


***
Speak Language (Raise) (91r)
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
PP: 0/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 0
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Crossbow bolts: 20
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis takes the weapons, smiling and never breaking eye contact with the gith. As they make their way out of the hold and back onto the deck, he positions his considerable bulk so that he blocks the gith's line of sight and shields his crewmates. He briefly considers tossing the gith's weapons over the side just to be an ass, but at the mention of the change in destination, thinks better of it.

I don't like where this is heading. First the cargo and now a change in port. Best not push this skinny lich queen follower too far as we don't know what we are getting into.

Instead he hands them off to a crewman. "Put these in the weapons locker and make sure all the weapons and armor are tip-top. I will be inspecting at five bells tomorrow. And get me word on Zicks. I want to know if he has regained consciousness."

Turning back to the gith,

"So how do you propose we get the ship into Skullport? Last I checked, there wasn't anywhere you can dock a ship like this. Or is our destination Stardock and we are getting down to Skullport another way? I ask because its best to tell our Helmsman now to avoid any further delays."
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

"Beef it is then. I have some interesting mushrooms I picked up in port that should round out the flavors PERFECTLY. Now off to my kitchen so we can have a nice FRIENDLY meal together. Nothing brings people together like a good meal."

Once I have my stew on the heater and simmering properly, I can go and CAREFULLY check and see all the cargo that the Gith brought on board. This evening I will check again with The Old Man on my little stone.
Stealth 6
Stealth (If Needed) CURIOUS Halfling
  • Stealth: 1d8!!: [6] = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 6 on Opposed Roll
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 13/15
Sling Stones: 18/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 3/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
+1 due Joker
-1 due Reroll Called Shot on Beholder Eye
-1 due Giving Jarvis a Bennie to reroll damage
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

After taking care of his responsibilities the Old Man heads back to his quarters and takes Brandt with him. "I think we better get a closer examination of the stone and see what we can learn." He says as the two of them return to their duties.

Brandt Young Support 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Occult 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! whichever it higher +1 from support: [1]+[16!!] = 17



"Oh my, this is nice. This is very nice indeed. Do you see what we have here young man." The two of them enter into a deep conversation about the nature of the stone and how they can use it. Even taking the opportunity to fill it with spell power for later use.
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”