Easy Run

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Trin spoke up. “Maybe the sail master could work up some...hoods? Eye coverings for the beholders? If they’re kept blindfolded, maybe they will stay calm. It...works on animals,” the loblolly girl suggested.

“Worth a shot,” Triss said with a shrug. “Not like they couldn’t just blast them off as easily as anything else we put them in. I...might have some dream lily extract we could use to keep them sedated.”

***
Speak Language (Raise) (92r)
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
PP: 3/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 1
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Crossbow bolts: 20
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 4

The gith lowered his blade and spoke "you can captured the cargo with out killing it and you have healed H'rrxitel. Get the cargo secured and get us to the destination and I will let your captain live."

He turns to @Ellisto and says "a true warrior eats meat. Only the toothless would eat vegetable stew."

@Old Man thinks the sleeping potion should last until you reach port.

Anyone that is going to try and build a cage or crate roll the appropriate skill.

Everyone else what are you doing? Do you get the ship underway again? Do you throw the gith overboard?

Wound count
Beholder (wild Card) 2 wounds, slumber
@Captain Blackfoot (wild Card) 2 wounds
Zicks (extra) broken guts, -1 die agility
Gith (extra) busted guts -1 str die
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean and a few riggers are getting the beholder into a new better cage.
Shaure is leading the other riggers to get the ship going.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am
He turns to @Ellisto and says "a true warrior eats meat. Only the toothless would eat vegetable stew."
"So not a Vegetable stew... do you prefer Beef or Chicken? I will even put extra in your serving. Nothing like sharing a hearty meal to bring people together in peace."
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 4/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

"He should be lucky he is getting fed at all. Though I suppose these are the risks you run in this kind of business."

Jarvis is clearly not happy about the situation and leery of the Gith. Until the Captain says otherwise, however, he will remain civil.

"Since you are our guest, Gith...I am sorry, I did not catch your name--not that I really care. I will have your weapons now, please. For your safety, of course."

The big giff holds out his hand for the gith to hand over his swords.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am The gith lowered his blade and spoke "you can captured the cargo with out killing it and you have healed H'rrxitel. Get the cargo secured and get us to the destination and I will let your captain live."

He turns to @Ellisto and says "a true warrior eats meat. Only the toothless would eat vegetable stew."

Gith (extra) busted guts -1 str die
The Old Man ignores the foolish Gith as it acts like a spoiled child. Instead working out with Young Brandt how to ensure the sleep effect will sustain itself and establish a rotation for watching the creature.

However as he overhears the Gith speaking of 'allowing' the Captain to live, and making demands he assesses the creature a little more closely. One assured the creature would be no threat he pleas to it. "Oh, lets not get violent. We want to make it alive to the port. Maybe you can cooperate with Jarvis, and help us all get through this." Cementing in his mind if the creature makes another threat, then it would be too dangerous to be allowed to stay on the ship. He makes close observation of its location relative to the rest of the crew and ship.

"Perhaps we can call if a truce?" He finishes before he returns to his quarters and examining the strange artifact that he suspects was related to the explosion earlier.
User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

Tyril returns with some crewmen staggering under a load of timbers and strap iron for reinforcement. "Good lad!" Tiberius grins and he directs the crew to the corner of the hold where a reinforced cage can be constructed recruiting @Cerulean into the effort.


Repair Die 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Golden Bennie 1d6: [3] = 3


With plenty of strong backs and the expert guidance of Tiberius' carpentry skills they soon have a heavy timber cage reinforced with iron to hold their "cargo" safely for the rest of the trip. As they finish he pulls out a rag and mops his face. "Now that should keep those beasties all nice and tucked in for the rest of the trip. How about we toss the Giff in with his cargo? Seems like a might good idea to me!" Tiberius says as he chuckles evilly.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Bennies: 3 of 3
1 golden bennie

Tiberius


Player: James

Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 6(2)
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Ellisto wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:08 am "So not a Vegetable stew... do you prefer Beef or Chicken? I will even put extra in your serving. Nothing like sharing a hearty meal to bring people together in peace."
"I will take beef if you have no calamari." the gith said to @Ellisto. The he turned to @Jarvis Belloch and handed over his swords with a look that spoke his true feelings.
Tiberius wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:44 am Tyril returns with some crewmen staggering under a load of timbers and strap iron for reinforcement. "Good lad!" Tiberius grins and he directs the crew to the corner of the hold where a reinforced cage can be constructed recruiting @Cerulean into the effort.

With plenty of strong backs and the expert guidance of Tiberius' carpentry skills they soon have a heavy timber cage reinforced with iron to hold their "cargo" safely for the rest of the trip. As they finish he pulls out a rag and mops his face. "Now that should keep those beasties all nice and tucked in for the rest of the trip. How about we toss the Giff in with his cargo? Seems like a might good idea to me!" Tiberius says as he chuckles evilly.
Soon @Tiberius and @Cerulean had a strong cage built that would hold the beholderkin but there had to be a way to stop those damn eye rays.
Triss Nightingale wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:56 pm
Trin spoke up. “Maybe the sail master could work up some...hoods? Eye coverings for the beholders? If they’re kept blindfolded, maybe they will stay calm. It...works on animals,” the loblolly girl suggested.

“Worth a shot,” Triss said with a shrug. “Not like they couldn’t just blast them off as easily as anything else we put them in. I...might have some dream lily extract we could use to keep them sedated.”
Just about the time the Trin approach the hold carrying a large hood. Tell @Tiberius her plan she has several of the riggers help her put in on the beholder.
Old Man wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:49 pm
"Perhaps we can call if a truce?" He finishes before he returns to his quarters and examining the strange artifact that he suspects was related to the explosion earlier.
As the @Old Man studied the artifact he soon began to pick out the meaning of the runes but they way they were placed seemed wrong. Something seemed off and he was having a hard time making it out.
Roll Occult
The artifact contains the runs for power and storage and appears to store raw magically energy but there are other runes that make no sense. 10pp storage
As you study it more the final piece slides into place and the runes for void and stone makes sense now. The artifact absorbs incoming magically energy and stores it. Improved Arcane Resistance, 10pp Storage, Protection (stone skin). The artifact using improved arcane resistance to absorb pp. It can hold 10pp. It does not recharge until spells are cast at it. The PP can be used to cast Stone Skin. If the holder cast the stone skin on themselves then artifacts IAR kicks in.


As you put down in the Trackless Sea the gith told @Balanor your real destination is not Waterdeep. We are going to Skullport. Make you way to the sea caves and I will guide you into the locks.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

As you put down in the Trackless Sea the gith told @Balanor your real destination is not Waterdeep. We are going to Skullport. Make you way to the sea caves and I will guide you into the locks.
Hearing the change in direction Balanor frowns. " Hey, @Captain Blackfoot. Is there a clause in the contract about changing the destination? Weren't we contracted for a trip to Waterdeep?"

Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 15/15
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Arrogant, Impulsive
Edges: Ace, Arcane Background (Magic), Level Headed, Power Points



Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Trin Healing support the Captain 2
+1 med kit
Healing 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Triss Healing the Captain 11; heals both the captain's wounds
+1 med kit
Healing 1d8!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Golden benny add 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Healing the beholder Trin support 8; +2 support
+1 med kit
Healing 1d4!!+1: [7!!]+1 = 8
Healing the beholder 12; heals both wounds on the beholder
+1 medical kit, +2 Trin support
Healing 1d8!!+5: [5]+5 = 10
Wild 1d6!!+5: [7!!]+5 = 12
Selune Darkside
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trin still had a lot of work to do. They treated the captain, healing his injuries.

“Do you want us to treat the beholder too?”Triss asked. Trin gathered up her supplies and they headed down into the cargo hold.

Finally they were able to join the others for dinner when the gith announced their true destination.

“Skullport? Where’s that?” Trin asked.

“Underdark, beneath Waterdeep,” Triss explained. “Cutthroats and all kinds of scum and villainy. Anything goes. Hold onto your purse and your dagger.”


***
Speak Language (Raise) (91r)
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
PP: 0/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 0
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Crossbow bolts: 20
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis takes the weapons, smiling and never breaking eye contact with the gith. As they make their way out of the hold and back onto the deck, he positions his considerable bulk so that he blocks the gith's line of sight and shields his crewmates. He briefly considers tossing the gith's weapons over the side just to be an ass, but at the mention of the change in destination, thinks better of it.

I don't like where this is heading. First the cargo and now a change in port. Best not push this skinny lich queen follower too far as we don't know what we are getting into.

Instead he hands them off to a crewman. "Put these in the weapons locker and make sure all the weapons and armor are tip-top. I will be inspecting at five bells tomorrow. And get me word on Zicks. I want to know if he has regained consciousness."

Turning back to the gith,

"So how do you propose we get the ship into Skullport? Last I checked, there wasn't anywhere you can dock a ship like this. Or is our destination Stardock and we are getting down to Skullport another way? I ask because its best to tell our Helmsman now to avoid any further delays."
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

"Beef it is then. I have some interesting mushrooms I picked up in port that should round out the flavors PERFECTLY. Now off to my kitchen so we can have a nice FRIENDLY meal together. Nothing brings people together like a good meal."

Once I have my stew on the heater and simmering properly, I can go and CAREFULLY check and see all the cargo that the Gith brought on board. This evening I will check again with The Old Man on my little stone.
Stealth 6
Stealth (If Needed) CURIOUS Halfling
  • Stealth: 1d8!!: [6] = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 6 on Opposed Roll
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 4/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

After taking care of his responsibilities the Old Man heads back to his quarters and takes Brandt with him. "I think we better get a closer examination of the stone and see what we can learn." He says as the two of them return to their duties.

Brandt Young Support 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Occult 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! whichever it higher +1 from support: [1]+[16!!] = 17



"Oh my, this is nice. This is very nice indeed. Do you see what we have here young man." The two of them enter into a deep conversation about the nature of the stone and how they can use it. Even taking the opportunity to fill it with spell power for later use.
User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Tiberius »

Tiberius feels a lot more at ease about his ship once those thrice damned beasties have the hoods in place. "That's first rate thinking lass! Now maybe we can make port without these critters blowing any holes in the Manticore! And I suppose not blowing any holes in the Manticore's crew is a nice bonus."

On hearing the change in destination he scowls at the captain and the gith shifting his gaze between them. "Hells bells, captain! The Manticore ain't no dingy! What're you thinkin trying to put in at that gods forsaken port?"

The captain is going to get us all killed making these daft deals for cargo! Tiberius thought to himself as he fumed and stalked around the hold making one final check for damage. Worse he's going to get me poor Manticore blown to pieces in the process.

"Com'on lad!" He calls to his apprentice. "Let's get the rest of the ship checked over to make sure that explosion didn't crack a timber somewhere." Like that woulda happened he thinks as he waits for Tyril to gather up the tools. But if I don't get out of the room I'm gonna knock that hat right off the captain's head using the heaviest piece of timber I can find.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Bennies: 3 of 3
1 golden bennie

Tiberius


Player: James

Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 6(2)
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

The Old Man move up to the deck to find @Ellisto, once he does he explains. "Hello kid, come with me to my quarters. That stone you had does some good stuff I think you would like to learn how to do."

Once they are in the quarters the Old Man walks through the steps of charging and using the stone, and the weakness of the stones interruption on arcane abilities targeting the holder.
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Old Man wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:27 pm The Old Man move up to the deck to find @Ellisto, once he does he explains. "Hello kid, come with me to my quarters. That stone you had does some good stuff I think you would like to learn how to do."

Once they are in the quarters the Old Man walks through the steps of charging and using the stone, and the weakness of the stones interruption on arcane abilities targeting the holder.
"I am thinking we MAY not be wanting to go back to that port for a while then... I think some dangerous people MAY be wanting this stone back... even though I did find it laying around in an alley, I am thinking a previous owner will be wanting it back. I do wonder what the story behind such an item being made. Maybe if I am Lucky, I will find out some time in the future..."
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 4/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

"It could be. Something this powerful is easily worth enough to retire. I would guess someone invested 20,000 gold in it or more. So perhaps it will be better if we don't get a chance to hear that story from the previous owner."
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Late Evening


As the Manticore approached the sea caves the gith gave @Balanor directions in and led him to first lock. As the approached the lock one of the keepers hailed the ship and then gate himself onto the deck.

"I am Lerian. Why do you seek entry?" The tall lithe human wizard asked.

The gith showed the mage the shipping manifest and the mage nodded then turn to @Captain Blackfoot "The port fee is 100gp. I will need payment before we allow passage."

Below decks the beasties had been sleeping so a couple the crates were starting to jostle as their cargo awakened. So far the beholder in his hood was still sleeping. They had taken on 6 crates at port and 2 had opened. No one in the crew wanted the other 4 to open.

In the @Old Man cabin as him and @Ellisto played with the stone they could discern a slight warmth for a second then the stone went cold again.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Outside Skullport
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss and Trina joined the others on deck as they negotiated passage into Skullport. The two healers checked on the injured gith and their injured thri-kreen crew member. There was little they could do for either beyond what had been done, other than make sure they were comfortable. They were up and around, though they would have to live with the permanent injury.

***
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 0
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Crossbow bolts: 20
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean finishes up with his work on the beholder cage and goes to see what's happening.
He thinks, Hmm, Skullport. This wretched collection of villainous scum. I hope we don't stay long.

After the negotiations with the mage are done he asks the Captain if there is to be liberty for the crew.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

In the time it takes to get to Skullport, Jarvis inspects and drills the crew relentlessly. He is meticulous in the upkeep and maintenance of the ship and personal weapons. The giff holds several 'war game' simulations to prepare for ship to ship combat, boarding actions, fire, and magical attacks.

If asked, he will adamantly state that they are heading into enemy territory. When the mage gates in, he is not surprised, and if any of the crew show any sort of emotion to the obviously overt demonstration of power, he reprimands them severely when the mage leaves.

"This is the exact underhanded treachery we can expect in this den of villainy. The Realms are known for their deception and lies. They claim one of their greatest heroes to be a drow ranger. No one in their right mind would believe that!"
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:02 pm Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Late Evening


In the @Old Man cabin as him and @Ellisto played with the stone they could discern a slight warmth for a second then the stone went cold again.
"Hmmm... I wonder if the stone getting warm for that second is it doing anything. Well, Old Man, I thank you for Identifying this stone for me. If I find any other curiosities, you will be the first one I bring it to. One can find all sorts of interesting things in Skullport or in Waterdeep.
I am from Waterdeep, originally. I wandered down into Skullport for a while, and decided to slip aboard an interesting looking ship. I was able to stay hidden until we arrived at their next port of call, and after exploring there a bit, I met up with you guys.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 4/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Old Man »

Ellisto wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:27 am
Technospawn wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:02 pm Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Late Evening


In the @Old Man cabin as him and @Ellisto played with the stone they could discern a slight warmth for a second then the stone went cold again.
"Hmmm... I wonder if the stone getting warm for that second is it doing anything. Well, Old Man, I thank you for Identifying this stone for me. If I find any other curiosities, you will be the first one I bring it to. One can find all sorts of interesting things in Skullport or in Waterdeep.
I am from Waterdeep, originally. I wandered down into Skullport for a while, and decided to slip aboard an interesting looking ship. I was able to stay hidden until we arrived at their next port of call, and after exploring there a bit, I met up with you guys.
The Old Man hears the words and looks around, concentrating for a moment to enhance his awareness and allowing himself to see the weaves of magic as they flow through this sphere. "That warmth means someone is using magic. But who..."

The Old Man, stands and walks to the door, looking out about the deck and off into the sea for who or what was about.

Detect Arcane Spellcasting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [10!!]+[2] = 12
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

Balanor follows the directions of the gith and pilots the ship towards the lock. When the mage pops down to the deck Balanor shakes his head at the blatant show. I am sure there are other mages up there as well but what a waste. Oohh, scary mages! Idiots. He then waits, not so, patiently for the fee to be paid so the delivery can continue.

Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 15/15
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Arrogant, Impulsive
Edges: Ace, Arcane Background (Magic), Level Headed, Power Points



Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Late eveningt

Cerulean wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:39 am Cerulean finishes up with his work on the beholder cage and goes to see what's happening.
He thinks, Hmm, Skullport. This wretched collection of villainous scum. I hope we don't stay long.

After the negotiations with the mage are done he asks the Captain if there is to be liberty for the crew.
@Captain Blackfoot not feeling quite himself after having several tentacles shaved off took a minute then turned and look at @Cerulean "aye, set the watch rotations, and the rest can take liberty. We are leaving tomorrow at soon as get a keeper to port us back out. I do not want to be here any longer than I have to."
Jarvis Belloch wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:29 pm In the time it takes to get to Skullport, Jarvis inspects and drills the crew relentlessly. He is meticulous in the upkeep and maintenance of the ship and personal weapons. The giff holds several 'war game' simulations to prepare for ship to ship combat, boarding actions, fire, and magical attacks.

If asked, he will adamantly state that they are heading into enemy territory. When the mage gates in, he is not surprised, and if any of the crew show any sort of emotion to the obviously overt demonstration of power, he reprimands them severely when the mage leaves.

"This is the exact underhanded treachery we can expect in this den of villainy. The Realms are known for their deception and lies. They claim one of their greatest heroes to be a drow ranger. No one in their right mind would believe that!"
The crew perform well. @Jarvis Belloch only had to redress one of the younger lads. He does notices a visible tension in the crew as they get deeper into the port. The pressing of the rocks all around them was oppressive. The stars were gone and everything was so confined. How could people live like this? What if the world collapsed on them?
Old Man wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:35 pm
Ellisto wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:27 am
Technospawn wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:02 pm Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Late Evening


In the @Old Man cabin as him and @Ellisto played with the stone they could discern a slight warmth for a second then the stone went cold again.
"Hmmm... I wonder if the stone getting warm for that second is it doing anything. Well, Old Man, I thank you for Identifying this stone for me. If I find any other curiosities, you will be the first one I bring it to. One can find all sorts of interesting things in Skullport or in Waterdeep.
I am from Waterdeep, originally. I wandered down into Skullport for a while, and decided to slip aboard an interesting looking ship. I was able to stay hidden until we arrived at their next port of call, and after exploring there a bit, I met up with you guys.
The Old Man hears the words and looks around, concentrating for a moment to enhance his awareness and allowing himself to see the weaves of magic as they flow through this sphere. "That warmth means someone is using magic. But who..."

The Old Man, stands and walks to the door, looking out about the deck and off into the sea for who or what was about.

dpLL1d8!!Ld1d6!!
While @Ellisto watched @Old Man opens his awareness and begins to slowly look around the room. Soon the Old man detects multiple streams of magic on the ship. He can feel the dimensional magic that is being used to move the ship through the locks. But he also senses a faint trace of magic. The spell is done now, most of it's power absorbed by the stone, but someone cast a spell and tried to hide it by timing it with the mage gated onto the deck. It was a foreign power to the Old Man so it took him a minute to discern that it was scrying magic.
Balanor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:38 pm Balanor follows the directions of the gith and pilots the ship towards the lock. When the mage pops down to the deck Balanor shakes his head at the blatant show. I am sure there are other mages up there as well but what a waste. Oohh, scary mages! Idiots. He then waits, not so, patiently for the fee to be paid so the delivery can continue.
The trip down was uneventful and soo the Manticore was secured to the dock. The gith informed them the buyer would be down to unload the cargo shortly. Soon a Fat Duregar and several goblins were making there way down the dock. The dwarf pushed the goblins hard and constantly berated them. It too a few hours but when the final crate was taken out of the hold the crew released an audible sigh of relief. Both giths left the ship and went with the cargo.

What do you while in port? Do you look for another cargo or do you just get the hell out of town?
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Easy Run

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean sets up the standard watches, with himself on first. After this, he goes into Skullport and has a drink, making sure to keep an eye out for ... drow!

A couple of the first watch riggers, including Shaure, come along, including any of the rest of the crew who aren't on watch.

While there, he meets a short, dark elf woman who he knows; she is Portiana de Belcadiz, a mage of some experience who claims to be from somewhere called "Glantri." He talks about planar travel with her for a while.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis, satisfied the crew is well prepared, disembarks with goal of upgrading his personal weaponry.

"Zicks, you stay here. You aren't in any shape for this nest of scum and villainy and as cosmopolitan as this place may be, I doubt they get too many Thri-kreen. Besides, I need somebody I can trust to keep an eye on things. I am going to see about getting myself a bigger up close and personal mess maker. Not my first choice, but I doubt this chunk of rock is enlightened enough to appreciate the elegance of smokepowder weapons. I have heard that if they can be found, this place might be it, though. I heard tell of some gang, the Braggin' Dark or whatever they call themselves, makes use of them but their leader is some fop with an eyepatch and probably too pretentious to deal with me. So I'll likely settle for whatever passes for a two-handed widowmaker to make sure I'm ready to deal with the Captain's next choice of cargo."

The giff plods off, the gangplank protesting his considerable bulk.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Ellisto »

"Well, Old Man, You can look into the magic that you detected, but I am going to go into Skullport. It has been a couple years since I last walked those alleyways. There is always something new to see in Skullport, and I am aiming to see what there is to see. Maybe I can even find something else of interest like The Stone. I will also see what spices and other interesting foodstuffs I can pick up for the galley. If you head into the port, maybe take Kar'ak with you. There are lots of urban predators that would see you as their prey... and remember.. no more buying any roast mystery meat from any goblinoids on the docks... or anywhere. I wouldn't trust ANY mystery meat from down in Skullport at all."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having not shown himself the most useful in the last battle, Kar'ak finds himself on port duty, being one of those who remain onboard the ship on guard detail. This put the half orc in an even more disagreeable mood than normal. Standing beside the gangplank, he scowls at all those lucky enough to be allowed onto shore as well as anyone bringing anything aboard the ship.
Last edited by Ellisto on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellisto
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 15/15
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
[ooc=Bennies: 4/4 + Golden Bennie (Christmas Golden Bennie)
Base Amount
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Easy Run

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Performance 6; success; earns 100 gp
Performance 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Persuasion 4; success
Persuasion 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Charismatic free reroll
Persuasion 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Skullport
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Once they hit Skullport, Triss grabbed her weapon belt and loot. “You coming, Trina?” she asked her loblolly girl. “We’ll see what medical supplies they have, though we’re still pretty well stocked, and then I want to hit the taverns, earn some coin, and we’ll see what jobs are available down here.”

“Sure thing, Triss,” Trina said, putting on her cap that made her look more like a boy with her short hair, though she was no longer binding her chest to hide it. She grabbed her dagger and crossbow.

The pair found their way to the Flagon and Dragon. The half-drow proprietress Cal’al Claddani was more than happy to have a bit of entertainment for her customers, so Triss set up in a corner and started to perform, while Trina held the cap.

Between sets, Triss chatted up Cal’al and to try and get the gossip in town, and if anyone was looking to move some good on a spelljammer.

***
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3 Golden Bennies: 0
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
Shot and powder: 30
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Low Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties for Dim and Dark conditions (but not Pitch Darkness)
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Crossbow bolts: 20
Medic kit: 5/5
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Balanor »

So the boat pulls into port and Balanor glares at the gith until the cargo is unloaded and they have cleared the dock. Heading towards the gangway he complains to Andros. "I may not be the best judge but I hate the stink of liars. We need to find a good inn so I can wash, well. Gather our 'town stuff' and follow quickly."

Knowing how picky Balanor can be Andros knows he has a few blocks to get the gear and catch up but still does not dawdle. Sure enough he catches up just as Balanor starts slowing down to actually look at the amenities being offered. It takes another two blocks before they stop and look at the surrounding buildings. Nodding in approval Balanor leads the way in and asks for a room, and a bath.

As they settle into the room Balanor speaks to Andros again. "After my bath you will need to see if this... town has a magical library we can gain access to. Legal access. I think it may be time to start your advanced training and my books may not be sufficient for this. If you find someplace we can go there tomorrow and see what they have. For now I want you to go down and get extra soap and ask about the clothier across the street."

Andros nods and heads out the door. A grin spreads across his face. I may get real magic training! So cool!. But what the hell is a 'clothier'?

Balanor: New Powers - Fireball (Blast, fire trapping), Wall of Ice (Barrier, ice/cold trapping)
Andros: 1d6!: [1] = 1 No advance :(

Not sure where these rolls came from they are dated January 5
1d8!: [2] = 2
1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9

Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 15/15
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Arrogant, Impulsive
Edges: Ace, Arcane Background (Magic), Level Headed, Power Points



Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Easy Run

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

Once the boat is safely docked, the captain waits until the watch is set and those crew who will take shore leave first depart. He stops @Triss Nightingale to thank her for regrowing his facial tentacles then departs on a mission of his own. This delivery was necessary, but with the cargo and passengers safely delivered, the Captain has more leeway to pick and choose his next delivery.

Passingly familiar with Skullport, Captain Blackfoot makes his rounds to visit various dens of ill repute, taverns where potential employers can be found, and anywhere else he thinks he can find a half decent job to keep the crew fed and their tankards full. The captain doesn't believe his ilithid body will get him far with kind words, so he eschews them for
Knocking Heads Intimidation 1: 1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
Wild 1: 1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
.
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the <Ship Name>
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 6(2); Toughness: 5(0)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Command: +1 to Extras’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").
  • Infravision & Low Light Vision: Ignore dim and dark penalties. Also ignore total darkness when dealing with creatures that emit body heat.
  • Rabble Rouser: Once per turn, affect all foes in a Medium Blast Template with an Intimidation or Taunt Test.
  • Unarmored Hero: When not wearing any armor (ignoring shields), add a +2 bonus to Soak rolls.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 15/15
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”