Back into the Flow

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Back into the Flow

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Early Morning


The crew was glad to finally be away from that terrible port and rid of the "cargo". After repairs to the ship and other cost they had barely made 50 gold each. Not a lot of coin to risk their neck for. Hopefully this new cargo would pay more. Just transport some rare alchemical component to Eberron. And the components were only a little illegal so the risk should be low.

The Manticore cleared the entrance to the cave and began to sail out into open waters just as the sun cleared the horizon astern. Such a beautiful day and the sea was calm. What could possible go wrong?

Roll Notice and then take 1 action accordingly
You spot an ship off the starboard beam coming at you fast. It is an Orc Frigate.

You see the orc ship coming fast and as you turn to call the alarm you see a Nautiloid directly astern hidden in the rising sun.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Ellisto »

Notice: 1d8: [7] = 7
Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Result: 7 - Success.


Well, that run was exciting... maybe the next one will also be profitable. I was at least able to pick up a bit of herbs from back home. They should be perfect for a rub I am planning for the roast chicken that I will start up in an hour. That should give it enough time to cook through before we enter the flow and I need to shut off the fires.

With a lucky glance out of the porthole from in the galley, Ellisto is able to catch a glance of the incoming
Orc Frigate
.

"GUYS, we have incoming off to the starboard Beam! Someone alert the Captain!"

Drawing upon his innate store of magic, Ellisto calls upon his Luck to keep him
Using Deflection (Self, Ranged Attacks, 2 PP)
Spellcasting: 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 5 - Success. -2 to be hit by Ranged Attacks
Last edited by Ellisto on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean is busy keeping the riggers at work. He climbs down the main mast when he looks up.

He sends word for his crew to get ready for action.

Notice
Dice rolls
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [23!!] = 23
Last edited by Cerulean on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

1d6!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [1] = 1


Jarvis stood strolled the deck of the ship as it pulled out of the cave. It was a beautiful day, nice enough to kick back and enjoy a few apples and onions. But the lack of coin coming in could give the crew ideas and idle hands were Asmodeus' playthings. So the big giff barked out orders to those on the deck he could see to take care of this or that, despite the ship being in tip top shape for sailing the open waters. He was admonishing a poor crewman about a cannon being properly secured (although it only moved a fraction of an inch when he pushed it) when something caught his eye off the starboard bow.

Was that an
orc frigate
?!


"Belay that order sailor, fetch me spyglass and tell Zicks to get up that rigging to get a better look at what's out there. Now man! Move with a purpose!"
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Current Power Points 3/10
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Triss Notice 5
Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Trin Notice 8
Notice 1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Outside Waterdeep
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Triss sat out of the way of the crew as they did their thing sailing the ship out of Skullport. Not technically a sailor, she didn’t need to help with rigging and whatnot unless there was an emergency. Her infirmary was freshly stocked. And now the young bard picked out a new tune on her lute where she relaxed in a coil of rope.

Trin was nearby, looking through a couple new books they had gotten for the infirmary.

“Did you write to your dad?” Triss asked Trin.

Trin looked up and nodded. “I let him know I’m okay,” she said.

Triss smiled and nodded, then looked out over the water, admiring the sun on the waves. Then she frowned, though. “Uh oh,” Triss said, getting up. “Get to your station.”

Trin saw it and nodded, even as others in the crew were starting to yell. “That isn’t all!” Trin said, pointing aft toward the rising sun.

Trin retrieved her light crossbow and returned as Triss started up a sharp, quick, staccato tune on her lute, the song flowing over the ship to encourage speed of action and alertness and inspire bravery, and also protect them from any magic that might come their way.

Limited Free Action: Inspire Heroics to get 5 Inspiration tokens
Countersong: The bard and all allies within 5” (10 yards) get a free reroll when opposing enemy spell effects or attempting to recover from them. This includes rolls to recover from any magical effect.

***

Inspiration Tokens: 5 (until end of combat)
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 8 (2)
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
  • Elven Magic: Free reroll when resisting enemy powers.
  • Healer: Free reroll on healing
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
  • Inspire Heroics: Get inspiration
  • Countersong: Rerolls to resist magical effects
Bolts: Case 5/5 x2; 40
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2)
Crossbow bolts: 30
Edges: Level Headed
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [7]+[5] = 12


Seeing the ship the Old Man was annoyed and instantly began grumbling. "Always another headache. Well, boy we better get to work to prepare for this trouble." He says to his young apprentice. Seeing everyone else relaying orders and making the condition known The Old Man did not feel the need to shout a warning. So instead Mr. Young and The Old Man began preparing making sure they were ready for when the ship got close. If all went well, they could escape this situation with little difficulty.
User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

Notice 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1
CBF sees nothing, but her crew does.


Captain Blackfoot entered port an Ilithid and Malvir brought him back several days later in the guise of a human woman. It is a strange thing, but she wears his hat and even seems to walk upon the same charred and blackened wood peg. She even barks orders out with the same aura of command as the captain, which she does now.

"@Jarvis Belloch!" Captain Blackfoot bellows, "Man the weapons. I want everything we have ready to fire. Helmsman! Why aren't we changing course? If a single crate gets damaged it's coming out of your pay! Get a new heading from the @Old Man."

She's not all bluster, though, and she stands amongst the crew
Anyone within Command range gains Support +1 to Boating rolls.
Inspire Boating - Battle 1d8!: [4] = 4
Wild 2 1d6!: [2] = 2
as they're needed. Everyone knows where they need to be and what to do. The crewmen and women bustle about their tasks efficiently.
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 7; Toughness: 7(2)
Combat-Relevant Edges and Abilities
  • +1 to Allies' Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").

    Leadership Edges aren’t cumulative with the same Edge from other leaders. Characters may benefit from different Leadership Edges by the same or different leaders, however.
    , Natural Leader,
    Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    ,
    The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    Surprise: Tacticians don’t get their extra card if Surprised, but they can give it to an ally who’s Surprised if they like!
    ,
    If the duelist hasn’t acted this turn, she may declare the Defend maneuver after an opponent declares a Fighting attack against her but before he rolls. She discards her current Action Card and her Parry bonus is +6 instead of +4 that turn.
    ,
    [*]Rogues add an additional d6 to their damage when they have the Drop on their victim, or the victim is Vulnerable. This applies to Athletics (throwing), Fighting, or Shooting attacks.
    ,
    A duelist makes surgical strikes with one-handed piercing weapons with a Min Str of d6 or less, adding +2 to her damage total.
    .
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Balanor »

As Balanor turned the ship another point off the wind he shook his head. "You know Andros, I am sure I have been in worse places than that but I am having difficulty remembering any right now."

Andros, standing behind and to the right of Balanor, just grinned slightly. He knew that as long as 'his boss' was complaining that things were going well.

As they both

Balanor Notice: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild: 1d6!: [2] = 2

Andros Notice: 1d6!: [2] = 2
the horizon Balanor glanced over his shoulder. "Do you see that?" he asks pointing. Andros' look follows the pointing finger but he has to shake his head. "No sir, I am afraid I am not sure what you are indicating."

Balanor just nods his head. "Your young eyes should be able to see that. Oh well."

Parry: 6; Toughness: 7 (2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 10/10
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Arrogant, Impulsive
Edges: Ace, Arcane Armor, Favored Powers (Wizard), Wizard (Specialist) (Abjuration (Necro, Enchant))



Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 10/10
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Can’t Swim, Cautious, Small, Wanted (minor, former street gang)
Edges: Arcane Background (Magic), Free Runner, Thief
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Early Morning
Round 1


As the crew scrambled to get ready for the fight, the deck turned into well oiled chaos. Officers were shouting orders and sailors were scurrying to do as ordered. As the seconds ticked by it was was clear that at least one of the ships would catch them. Any move they made to escape one would let the other get closer. Letting either ship get close would be disastrous. It was clear they needed a plan and a good one if the crew and ship were going to make it out intact.


Dramatic Task
Each task needs 8 tokens in 5 rounds. Rolling on more than one task requires a multi action penalty. You can roll directly on the task or choose to support someone else performing the task. Standard support rules apply.

1. Slow down the opposing ships. All Attacks are at long range and the ship at sea is an unstable platform.
  • Critical Failure - You screw up and you or your ship takes a wound and you "Distract" the other crew members that are trying to perform this task.
  • Failure - You failed to slow the other ship and you get no token.
  • Success - Your plan worked and you get 1 token
  • Raise - You should be the captain. I mean look at you, your plan was brilliant and you get 2 tokens.


2. Get away from the opposing ships. This is difficult and all rolls are at -2
  • Critical Failure - Your actions cost you ground and you lose 1 token. You become flustered and your next action is at -2.
  • Failure - You failed to get ahead and you get no token.
  • Success - Your plan worked and you get 1 token
  • Raise - You should be the captain. I mean look at you, your plan was brilliant and you get 2 tokens.


3. Support one of the tasks above. Acting like a cohesive crew is good so no penalty to these rolls.
  • Critical Failure - Your actions are disastrous and you "Distract" whomever you were supporting.
  • Failure - You failed to help.
  • Success - Your plan worked and you add +1 support
  • Raise - You should be the captain. I mean look at you, your plan was brilliant and you get +2 support.

GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Balanor »

With an
Boating: 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9
Wild: 1d6!: [5] = 5
of wind and tide Balanor positions the boat to take the most advantage of both. He puts a little extra distance between them and their pursuers. No the rest need to get those ships to stop following and it will all be fine.

Two tokens for task 2.

Parry: 6; Toughness: 7 (2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 10/10
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Arrogant, Impulsive
Edges: Ace, Arcane Armor, Favored Powers (Wizard), Wizard (Specialist) (Abjuration (Necro, Enchant))



Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 10/10
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Can’t Swim, Cautious, Small, Wanted (minor, former street gang)
Edges: Arcane Background (Magic), Free Runner, Thief
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

The Old Man looks more annoyed than anything else by the ships coming at them. Thinking he should have been prepared for this with an illusion of some sort he scoffs. "Little left to do, but Fuel the helm. Young Braden please see what you can do about keeping that thing pushed ot its limits. I will try and control its exercise, and perhaps disrupt the approaching ship some."

As the Old Man gets to work he begins using the helm to focus a ship sized anti-magic field on the enemy ships helm room. They may be able to keep some of their inertia, but without control they will not be able to turn or follow nearly so well.


Dispel Spellcasting 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! and +1 to highest: [11]+[11!!] = 22
Total 12 with a -2 = 10 Raise
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

Braden Young was a little worried about the job assigned to him. Working the helm was okay when out of combat, but being asked to work it during a battle was stressful. But if the Old Man said he could do it, then he could. "Yes sir," He said getting to work immediately as he began slowly refilling the helm so those on the sails had the velocity needed to control the ship.


Spellcasting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! and +1 to highest: [7]+[2] = 9
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean will lead his riggers in setting the sails for maximum speed, using Boating and Command.

1 success token.
Dice rolls
!r Boating d8, wild d6: [6]+[4] = 10
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Triss and Trin both help to make the ship go faster 4, 3; 1 token for going faster
-2 difficulty
Triss Persuasion 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Trin Healing 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0 - ignore. Trin is an Extra
Outside Waterdeep
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 1

Triss and Trin moved around the ship. Triss sang a song to a quick beat, the tempo helping the crewmen move faster, more lively, so they could hopeful escape from the other two ships. “Buck up, lads!” she encouraged. “We can do this. We’re a better crew than a bunch of orcs! Let’s show ‘em how to sail a ship!”

Trin followed close. She had dug out a small bottle of some kind of leaf, a minor stimulant. “Here. Chew this a bit and put it under your tongue or against your cheek,” the young boy said. “It will help keep you alert.”

OOC: Remember to take Inspiration if you need it.

Countersong: The bard and all allies within 5” (10 yards) get a free reroll when opposing enemy spell effects or attempting to recover from them. This includes rolls to recover from any magical effect.

***

Inspiration Tokens: 5 (until end of combat)
Captain Inspiration: +1 Boating
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 8 (2)
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
  • Elven Magic: Free reroll when resisting enemy powers.
  • Healer: Free reroll on healing
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
  • Inspire Heroics: Get inspiration
  • Countersong: Rerolls to resist magical effects
Bolts: Case 5/5 x2; 40
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2)
Crossbow bolts: 30
Edges: Level Headed
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Ellisto »

Sorcery to change the winds to slow down the pursuers(-2 due Difficulty)
  • Spellcasting: 1d10!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
    • Bennie Reroll (+2 due Elan)
      • Spellcasting: 1d10!!: [4] = 4
        Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
    Result: 4 - Success. 1 Token to slow down pursuers.

Intimidation to slow down Pursuit (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Intimidation: 1d6!!-2!!: [4]-2 = 2
    Result: 2 - Fail.

Drawing upon his mystic connection to the weave, Ellisto waves his arms around and chants in an unknowable language. Ahead of them, the skies start to darken and the winds pick up. After they pass under the darkest part of the sky, the bottom drops out and rain starts to fall... then hail. As planned, the Manticore was past the worse of it, but the two trailing ships had to pass through the worse of it.

Those are going to sting. Hmmm... Kar'ak is looking a bit silly on the stern of the ship yelling at our pursuers. I guess if they were closer, it would look more impressive, but at this distance... HA!!!
Last edited by Ellisto on Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis feels the ship begin to move underneath him and realizes quickly that the plan is to flee and live to fight another day. Still, he heard the Captain.

"You there! Man the starboard cannons! We are coming about. If that frigate closes, we need to be ready!"

The big giff then races to the genoa and
boost Athletics with a raise
before scrambling up to the mast. Attempting to do this right as the boat started to heel from one side to the other while the foresail flapped like it was in the howling depths of Tarterus was no easy
Athletics 1d12!!: [10] = 10 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -2 =8
. But Jarvis new that they needed every wave they could put between them and the Frigate.

Raise: 2 tokens to get away.
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Current Power Points 3/10
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 0
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Technospawn »

Faerun Sword Coast
1475 Dale reckoning
Early Morning
Round 2

Token Count
Get away = 6 tokens
Slow the other ships = 3 tokens[
Ilithid attack = failed
Orc Attack = failed
Focus 1d10-2: [4]-2 = 2
Focus wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Shooting 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Shooting wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
The crew had opened up a sizably lead and could see the Naulist falling further back. As the crew scrambled to get clear of other ships, chaos erupted. A wavy purple dimensional door began to appear on the deck for a few seconds then it collapsed into nothingness. As the crew was falling back from the spell, there was a loud thwak as some ballista bolts hit the ship. Luckily the hit at bad angles and were deflected. the bolts skipped off the hull and splashed into the sea. It was getting worse too, a tempest was beginning to blow.

Next round
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Balanor
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Balanor »

Get away +2, Slow pursuit 0
Andros
Spellcasting: 1d4!: [3] = 3

Balanor
Spellcasting: 1d10!: [8] = 8
Wild: 1d6!: [5] = 5
Balanor is not happy with his ship almost getting skewered so decides to make it a bit harder. "Boy, come take the wheel. Keep us on this line for a moment I will be back." Once Andros has the wheel Balanor goes over to the railing and kneels down to touch the outer hull. After a bit of chanting a faint glow surrounds the hull and extends a short distance up the masts. As he goes back to the wheel he yells towards the rest of the crew. "I can get us clear those bilge rats if you can slow them down a bit." He then takes back the wheel as Andros steps back.

Andros for his part is trying to figure out what he can do to help. If they get into a fight there are plenty of things he could do but at this range.... Looking at Kar'ak yelling at the other ships Andros comes up with an idea. Using some of the magic he has finally learned he starts, trying, to give nonsense commands to the other crew. "Hoist the mizen rail. Weigh the mast. Run the lines abaft the bow spirit." However, it only takes a few moments for him to realize his attempt at casting the sound spell has failed. Looking over at his mentor Andros just shrugs. Balanor nods "Good idea but you forgot an important step in that casting. Can you figure out what?"

Parry: 6; Toughness: 7 (2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 10/10
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Arrogant, Impulsive
Edges: Ace, Arcane Armor, Favored Powers (Wizard), Wizard (Specialist) (Abjuration (Necro, Enchant))



Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(2)
Wounds/Fatigue: 0/0
PP: 10/10
Active Powers: none
Hindrances: Can’t Swim, Cautious, Small, Wanted (minor, former street gang)
Edges: Arcane Background (Magic), Free Runner, Thief
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Ellisto »

Spellcasting (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Spellcasting: 1d10!!: [3] = 3 -2
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    • Bennie Reroll (+2 due Elan)
      • Spellcasting: 1d10!!: [1] = 1
        Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 1 - BOTCH!!! Lose 1 Token.

Intimidation (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Intimidation: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
    Result: 2- Fail. No Effect.


Continuing to concentrate on his storm, Ellisto swings the wind around, trying to keep the two ships following them in the worse of the storm. An unexpected wave, however, disrupts his concentration and the wind flips around and ends up pushing the pursuing ships closer to them.

Uhoh... this storm is not going well. Looks like Karak is still growling at them. They do not seem to be taking him seriously, understandably.
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Triss Getting Away 5; 1 token
-2 difficulty
Persuasion 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Charismatic free reroll
Persuasion 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Trin Getting Away 6; 1 token
-2 difficulty
Notice 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Outside Waterdeep
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 2

“Good job, crew! Keep it up! Did you see that shot? Horrible! And those squidfaces can’t even get a dimension door open!” Triss worked up the crew’s morale.

Trin scampered up to one of the masts. She peered into the distance, trying to spot the best route through the waters ahead.

OOC: Remember to take Inspiration if you need it.

Countersong: The bard and all allies within 5” (10 yards) get a free reroll when opposing enemy spell effects or attempting to recover from them. This includes rolls to recover from any magical effect.

***

Inspiration Tokens: 5 (until end of combat)
Captain Inspiration: +1 Boating
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 8 (2)
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
  • Elven Magic: Free reroll when resisting enemy powers.
  • Healer: Free reroll on healing
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
  • Inspire Heroics: Get inspiration
  • Countersong: Rerolls to resist magical effects
Bolts: Case 5/5 x2; 40
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2)
Crossbow bolts: 30
Edges: Level Headed
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis felt the impacts of the ballista bolts. They were not getting away fast enough. Pulling his
Heavy Repeating Crossbow
off his shoulder, he took aim at the back dorsal fins of the Nautiloid as it swung around for another shot. They were weaker than the hull and, if the giff was lucky, flammable. Once again he
Activate speed with quickness
and time seemed to slow down around him. Jarvis fired two shots in rapid succession from the multi-barreled giff firearm. The musket cracked like thunder and smoke and fire spewed forth from the barrels. The first
1d8!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [2] = 2 -4 Range -2 Unstable Platform +4 Scale (assume Huge if ship is Gargantuan)
went wide but the second
1d8!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [16!!] = 16 -4 Range -2 Unstable Platform +4 Scale (assume Huge if ship is Gargantuan)
set the dorsal fins ablaze.

Raise on Slowing Enemy Ships, 2 tokens
Summary: Even without Scale bonus, result is a 10
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Current Power Points 3/10
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

The Old Man continues his efforts to disrupt the helm of the enemy ship. Breaking up the magic and preventing the ships own arcane wielders from using the same tactic. "I will need your help. Be alert and break up any efforts they send towards us boy." He says to his young apprentice.

Braden did not mind that the Old Man always called him Brandt confusing him with his father. But sometimes the in moments like this he did get annoyed. Of course he had been on the ship for nearly a year, he knew he was to use his talents to protect the ship, why did the Old Man need to tell him constantly. "Of course, what else would I do!" He impulsively said the words escaping before he realized his mouth had opened.

The Old Man slowed for only a moment looking at the young buy. Bah, he would have used much harsher language himself. But no need letting the boy think it is okay to snap at his master until he earns his journeyman status. Though perhaps the boy is ready for it...


Spellcasting 1d12!!+1 or 1d6!!+1 Slow enemy ship: [11]+1+[2]+1 = 15

Apprentice Dispel efforts 1d8!!+1 Slow the enemy: [7]+1 = 8
Free Reroll Apprentice Dispel efforts 1d8!!+1 Slow the enemy: [4]+1 = 5
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Technospawn »

Wildspace
1475 Dale reckoning
Afternoon


It took some effort on the crews behalf but they managed to break the pursuit. Soon @Captain Blackfoot ordered them to lift off. A couple hours later then were clear of Toril and headed for the flow. As the crew sat for their afternoon meal several began talking about the events of this morning. They knew about the captain and understood why the Ilithid would be chasing them. But why were the orcs so brazen? To attack openly on Toril where others could see them, they must want something bad. What could it be? Did the captain make another enemy? these questions and other remained as they headed back to their duty stations.

It would take about 30 days to get to the flow. Then they would see how good the Old Man was. But first they had to get through the wild space.


Staying the course
The navigator needs to roll navigation (science).
Anyone can support with science -0 or common knowledge -2.

Steady at the helm
The pilot needs to roll piloting.
Anyone can support with boating.

Staying alive
The master at arms needs to roll to avoid becoming prey. He can roll Battle-0 or Notice-2.
Anyone can support with battle -0, notice-2, or intimidation-2.

These rolls are for the first 10 days in wild space. Please flavor your rolls and tell me how and why you succeeded or failed the roll. Anyone not rolling above can post an interlude for a ship benny.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis spent his days drilling the crew and making sure the ship's arms were maintained and in working order. The encounter on Toril was a warning that he vowed would not go unheeded. When he was scheduled for a sleep cycle, he took the minimum needed and always made sure Zicks or and officer was overseeing the watch.

The giff participated in the watch himself, scanning the vast reaches of Wild Space with a spyglass that he had a crewman fetch during the escape from Toril. He wondered who it belonged to. Whoever it was had never come to ask for it back. Perhaps he should ask around, the owner may be a bit intimidated to approach him....

Shaking his massive head, Jarvis snapped out of it. that was the danger of keeping watch out in Wild Space. You looked at a whole lot of nothing until there was something. Spotting that something before it spotted you usually made the difference between life and death.

Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Re-roll with battle per discord chatBattle: 1d4!!: [10!!] = 10 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8 -2
, Jarvis focuses on areas that could hide a ship, celestial storms, asteroids, and moons are the giff's focus. Periodically he relays tactical information to Belanor and the Old Man in order to plot the safest course.

Battle= 8 so success with a Raise
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Current Power Points 3/10
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Cerulean
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Cerulean »

Cerulean keeps on his riggers. "Steady, crew! You know how Wildspace is dangerous! But we're the best! Aren't we!"
The riggers cheer and head to their assignments.
Dice rolls
2d6!!: [4, 1] = 5
Savage Spelljammer: Cerulean the Elf boatswain https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=5652
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Ellisto »

Common Knowledge to Assist Navigation (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Common Knowledge: 1d8!!-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Result: 3 -Fail. No Help.

"Well, as I am sure you already know, the prevailing currents around Toril are prevalently from... hey, what do you think I should throw in the pot for tonight? I am thinking a nice cave lizard and mushroom stew with cornmeal dumplings. That should fill everyone's bellies well."
Intimidation (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Intimidation: 1d6!!-2!!: [11!!]-2 = 9
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. +2 to Jarvis's Staying Alive roll

Standing at the rails with his Maul in his hands whenever there is a possible threat sighted, you can see Kar'ak's gleeful anticipation of action... his eyes bright in anticipation and his mighty muscles flexing in readiness.

"Come on, you cowards! Come and fight!!! I want to SMASH you into a fine paste and feed you to our Bug, Zicks!!!"

1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

Pulling out a flask from his robes that did not appear to be there only a moment ago the Old Man begins swirling it around in circles. "It is time for your help Young Brandt." the old man says.

Knowing his queue Braden Young reaches into his pouch and generates a pinch of powder. Sprinkling it over the old man he mumbles some arcane secrets as the power flares into life enhancing the Old Man's arcane skills. "You should be good sir." Watching his master work was always good, but at moments like this it was better to take every edge they could.

As the dust settles on the Old Man enhancing the probability of his magic working perfectly the old man opens the flask, the elementals formed from the either within arcing out with the speed of lighting as they land on the enemy ship and begin causing havoc on the enemy ship. Destroying its sails

Boost Trait spellcasting on both of them 1d8!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Summon Ally Four Flying Golems 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! with +1 Boost and +1 Bonded Object: [10]+[5] = 15
Attacking Sails 1d6!! and 1d6!! and 1d6!! and 1d6!!: [11!!]+[4]+[1]+[3] = 19
First Hit 2d8: [4, 6] = 10
Second Hit 2d8: [5, 4] = 9
Third Hit 2d8: [1, 3] = 4

User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Triss supports Navigation 6; +1 support
-2 difficulty
Common Knowledge 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny to reroll
Common Knowledge 1d6!!-2: [8!!]-2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Trin supports Piloting 2
Boating 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Space
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Once the excitement of the chase was over and the ship back in space, Triss had little that was needed of her. She treated a few of the usual injuries on a ship, strains and sprains, a hernia or two, but the crew were good at their job. She kept spirits up with a little performance every night, and she offered the navigator a few little pointers she had picked up from various shanties she had learned.

Trin, after her loblolly duties were complete, pitched in as an extra set of hands with the crew, helping the sailors out here and there.

***
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 8 (2)
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
  • Elven Magic: Free reroll when resisting enemy powers.
  • Healer: Free reroll on healing
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
  • Inspire Heroics: Get inspiration
  • Countersong: Rerolls to resist magical effects
Bolts: Case 5/5 x2; 40
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2)
Crossbow bolts: 30
Edges: Level Headed
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Captain Blackfoot
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Captain Blackfoot »

Inspire Boating - Battle 1d8!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!: [3] = 3
+1 to Boating for anyone in Command Radius.
Malvir Boating 1d6!+1: [5]+1 = 6
+1 to Piloting Roll.


"Good. Time to put some distance behind us," Captain Blackfoot says as she turns to give orders to Malvir.

The first mate bustles about barking orders and making sure everyone is where they need to be. The captain keeps a watchful eye over her crew as they go about their duties, often reprimanding and correcting those who need it.
Captain Blackfoot
Captain Blackfoot, Captain of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 7; Toughness: 7(2)
Combat-Relevant Edges and Abilities
  • +1 to Allies' Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5").

    Leadership Edges aren’t cumulative with the same Edge from other leaders. Characters may benefit from different Leadership Edges by the same or different leaders, however.
    , Natural Leader,
    Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    ,
    The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    Surprise: Tacticians don’t get their extra card if Surprised, but they can give it to an ally who’s Surprised if they like!
    ,
    If the duelist hasn’t acted this turn, she may declare the Defend maneuver after an opponent declares a Fighting attack against her but before he rolls. She discards her current Action Card and her Parry bonus is +6 instead of +4 that turn.
    ,
    [*]Rogues add an additional d6 to their damage when they have the Drop on their victim, or the victim is Vulnerable. This applies to Athletics (throwing), Fighting, or Shooting attacks.
    ,
    A duelist makes surgical strikes with one-handed piercing weapons with a Min Str of d6 or less, adding +2 to her damage total.
    .
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

Hitting the charts the old man began plotting the course. With the aid of his young apprentice the job should be routine. As they begin The Old Man lets Young Brandt do the plotting, but once he recieves the boys numbers The Old man shakes his head. "See here boy. This is why we alwasy double check our numbers. Everyone makes mistakes, and here is where we made ours." As he walks over the charts the normally grumpy old man takes the time to lay out how the mistakes could be avoided next time.

Braden Young (Young Brant) Survival for Navigation 1d8!! Support roll: [1] = 1
confirm crit on support 1d6: [5] = 5

Survival for Support the old man 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6

Benny Survival for Support the old man 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [3]+[8!!] = 11
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Technospawn »

Wildspace
1475 Dale reckoning


The first ten day past without event. Looked like there might be a little excitement once but nothing cam of it. The manticore was performing nicely and everything was going smoothly so far.

Time for your second ten day worth of rolls.


Staying the course
The navigator needs to roll navigation (science).
Anyone can support with science -0 or common knowledge -2.

Steady at the helm
The pilot needs to roll piloting.
Anyone can support with boating.

Staying alive
The master at arms needs to roll to avoid becoming prey. He can roll Battle-0 or Notice-2.
Anyone can support with battle -0, notice-2, or intimidation-2.

These rolls are for another 10 days in wild space. Please flavor your rolls and tell me how and why you succeeded or failed the roll. Anyone not rolling above can post an interlude for a ship benny.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Triss Nightingale
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 am

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Triss Nightingale »

Triss support man at arms 18! +2 Support
-2 difficulty
Intimidation 1d6!!-2: [20!!]-2 = 18
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Trin support pilot 2; no support
Boating 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Space
1475 Dale reckoning
Round 0

Not much happened the first tenday out of Toril. But boring was good. They did run into a bit of trouble with a few pirates eying them, but Triss pulled out her loot and played an ominous little piece as Jarvis paced the deck, yelling orders to arm the crew and face down the pirates. She wove dread into the song so that the pirates could hear it.

Trin continued to swing the lines above, helping out the other sailors during the week to keep the ship on course.

***
Triss Character Tracking
Triss Nightingale Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 8 (2)
PP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Powers: Healing, Relief, Speak Language
Edges
  • Charismatic: Free Persuasion reroll
  • Elven Magic: Free reroll when resisting enemy powers.
  • Healer: Free reroll on healing
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
  • Inspire Heroics: Get inspiration
  • Countersong: Rerolls to resist magical effects
Bolts: Case 5/5 x2; 40
Hindrances: Curious, Heroic, Hunted
Trin Character Tracking
Trin Kholin Character Sheet
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2)
Crossbow bolts: 30
Edges: Level Headed
Hindrances: Impulsive, Secret (minor), Young (minor)
User avatar
Jarvis Belloch
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Jarvis Belloch »

Jarvis paced the ships foredeck. it had become a daily routine for him. He
Battle 1d4!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Benny 1d4!!: [10!!] = 10 1d6!!: [4] = 4
the vast depths of the void. His military training and discipline kept him sharp despite the monotony of the task and the dark emptiness of space.

Over the last tenday he had successfully helped avoid some ragtag pirates in a ship that the Manticore probably could have taken easily, but the big giff knew was just a decoy. It was fleeting, but that ship was just too conspicuous. Sure enough, once Balanor had made some distance, a Deathspider was spotted hiding amongst a debris field close by. It was likely the 'pirates' were neogi slaves being used as bait to attract more victims.

Results: Raise : 10
Jarvis
Jarvis Belloch, Master of Arms of the Roaring Manticore
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Arcane Resistance, Marksman, Improvisational Fighter
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Current Power Points 3/10
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 0
User avatar
Old Man
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Old Man »

As the days continued on The Old Mand and his apprentice continued their studies. The Old Man preparing some warded items as need be for the potential troubles they may encounter. While the apprentice helped, sometimes failing and using the opportunity to learn. Other times succeeding and picking up on what went right.

The Old Man always pointed out what went right and what went wrong, making sure each was something to learn from.

Survival for Navigation Support 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Navigation 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with +1 from Support and -2 from Sceen: [3]+[11!!] = 14
User avatar
Ellisto
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Back into the Flow

Post by Ellisto »

Intimidation
  • Intimidation: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Result: 3 - Fail.

Common Knowledge -2
  • Common Knowledge: 1d8!!-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [8!!]-2 = 6
    Result: 6 - Success. +1 Assist.


While Karak spends most of his time at the rail glaring at any ship that comes near enough for him to see, Ellisto spends most of his time in the kitchen.

"Here you go, Old Man... Sceen. I have made you each a nice cup of hot tea with some special herbs in it that should help invigorate you for your work with the charts. Let me know when you are done with your cups, and I can get you some more tea."
Toughness: 4
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4
PP: 20/20
Sling Stones: 20/20
Languages
Common: d6
Dwarfish: d6
Goblin: d6
Halfling: d8
Undercommon: d6
Bennies: 4/6
  • Base Amount
    -1 due Reroll for Round 1 Back Into the Flow Escape
    -1 due Reroll for Round 2 Back Into the Flow Escape
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”