Briyan Zimon - Burb Hood and Propaganda's Fool

Savage Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs: From Zero to Hero.
Andriod

Briyan Zimon - Burb Hood and Propaganda's Fool

Post by Andriod »

Briyan Zimon

Novice Male Human, Militia Volunteer

Background
The Zimon family was initially loyal CS subjects living in Free Quebec. When Free Quebec turned traitor on the CS his family, with many others fled and were quickly absorbed into the logistics chain for the Tolkeen war. Briyan's parents both worked in the quartermaster's core, but since the war they have only managed to make a home in the burbs.

Hero’s Journey Hooks: As a teenager at the time, Briyan was mostly a runner, but soldiers commonly imposed on him to acquire supplies--usually beyond what they were supposed to be issued. He became rather adept at "procurement" (Thief Edge)

Description
Briyan has done his best to assemble a CS uniform out of denim and leather, dyed or painted black. Of course it obviously is not an actual uniform.

Racial Ethnicity: French
Background Origin: Free Quebec
Parents: Both Living
Siblings: 2 older one deceased brother one sister in the CS military(little contact), one younger brother(hero worships me)
In Free Quebec the Zimons were blue collar city workers, but then became ChiTown Workers for the war and now have slide down ot mere burbies. They do have some vague connections from their past working in the war that they hope to use to improve their status.

Motivations: Blind patriotism
Disposition: Tough guy, self-reliant, cocky, a lone wolf.
Sentiments toward Non-Humans: Undereducated, generally gulled by CS propoganda. Actually knows very little beyond what he's been told.
Weight: Husky 170lbs
Height: 5'9"

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4-1, Fighting d10, Language (Native) d8, Notice d4-1, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d8, Thievery d4+1
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Clueless, Illiterate
Edges: Connections (CS Burbs Militia), Soldier, Thief
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Glock (9mm) (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1, AP 1), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, ROF 1, AP 2)
Gear: 2x Rifle E-Clip
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: $700
Narrative hook: The Siege of Tolkeen. - drove details of parents connections and journey from Free Quebec to CS Burbs.
Current Load: 15 (61)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field ManualSetting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Rifts® M.D.C.Validity: Character appears invalid

Created with Savaged.us

Beginning Hero's Journey Roll
D20 Result
  • 1-3: Experience and Wisdom Strong Willed
    4-6: Underworld I know a guy
    7-9: Training Professional
    10-11: Underworld Thief
    12-14: Experience and Wisdom Common Knowledge
    15-16: Training Combat Edge
    17-18: Underworld Assassin Edge
    19-20: You may choose any one of the results on this table.
https://savaged.us/s/ly3qgiyt
Last edited by Andriod on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andriod

Re: Briyan Zimon, Chi-Town Rising Star

Post by Andriod »

Hero's journey, Session 1-2:

She’s traveled far and wide, and she always seems to know someone, somewhere,
she can call on for information or aid. Your hero has the I Know a Guy Edge and
gains +2 on all Networking rolls to contact and gain assistance.

Andriod

Session 1 Write up

Post by Andriod »

So, another day another supply run we picked up some some unused armor from a warehouse in Prosekville. Some guy named Dirty Shen had a line on some plastic man armor and filters and we went in to grab it. His docs were a little funny so the Spanners and Annika tweaked the computers out to make the docs to clear that up and get us in and out while I mostly kept the guards from looking too close.

For a couple minutes we were on the wrong side of a Dead Boys episode but Annika smoothed it over, really the Dead Boys shouldn't have fallen for it, but they weren't but my Roadside Militia card doesn't mean anything over there.

Andriod

Intersession 1

Post by Andriod »

With plastic man armor kitted out for the roadside militia I can really get around. Now that they don't have to worry about me catching the v'rus I can go and get anything we need, either alone or with other troops. It's like being back in the war, everybody knows me, everybody trusts me.

My parents aren't doing so well, no armor for them so they can only do a bit of this and that. Dad can't keep a job for more than a two weeks tops, his war buddies set him up with something but when the boss finds out that Mom is sick suddenly Dad's out of the job. Oh yeah, did I mention that, Mom's got the Revenge Plague. She's holed up in the bedroom, I can go in with the armor, but Dad can't do anything but slip food in through the door. We have no idea when she'll be better or safe to come out.

The Coalition is working on it, they'll solve it for sure! General Bradford in Lone Star even has a team working on it and they're sharp! I'm not sure why it's taken so long. Some people say they already have a cure and just haven't admitted to it yet, even one of the troopers on Burbs Patrol thought so until they found the Revenger squad spreading the rumor--I was never fooled.

Troops has been much darker people stealing masks, revengers spreading plague, and more desperate juicer wannabees strung out on who knows what. just no escape from my life on the beat.

Andriod

Session 2 Write up

Post by Andriod »

Placeholder, I'll backfill this

Andriod

Recon

Post by Andriod »

Task 3. Get inside and case the place. Using Stealth to blend in

Briyan is happy enough to let everyone set everything up. But he knows from the war that even guarded warehouses aren't that guarded. Grabbing one of the IDs tells everyone he's off to go check things out inside. During the war he went into any number of warehouses to help one officer or another with an extra half a skiff of ammo or kit and though things are different he's not even trying to grab anything. More recently he's been in any number of commercial warehouses and there all the same, he's got friend in all of them and if he doesn't run into any of his friends here he knows the types and is sure he'll run into either a friend or a friend of a friend. He figures he can wander through the facility and make it look like he's headed towards a breakroom or bathroom anytime he gets noticed. Hopefully anyone he knows that he meets will know him well enough to let him pass but not well enough to be suspicious.

First roll 4/4 Briyan sneaks around but so carefully that he really only sees a little bit and ALL the breakrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, and low security guard armories. He decides to search a little longer and harder than he had planned at first (spends a Benny, rolled as shooting but it's the same stat for 9/6) with a little more searching he finds almost half of the cameras as well as decent routes to and from the loading docks and breakrooms.

Fortune and Glory

1. My Young Apprentice
2. Smart and Learned
3. Reach out and Touch Someone
4. Live, Die, Live Again
5. Reach out and Touch Someone
6. A Strong Suit of Armor
7. Up Close and Personal
8. Fortune Favors the Bold

Rolled: 1 Benny -> 7

Return to “Chi-Town Rising Stars”