Command Briefing

Adventure Forum
Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Command Briefing

Post by Technospawn »

Castle Refuge
3rd April 110 PA
0730

The buzz had been building for a week. The rumors were flying around but still no one knew for sure who the boy was that had been brought in. Living was starting to go back to normal and boring. Looked like it would be another day of training for the recruits. Always training, when would they get to go on actual missions. A couple of them had gone on survey missions but if there was no action then was it really a mission. In fact it was so boring that when their communicators chirped then announced a priority alert most of them jumped. They message was simple. "Briefing at 0900 in BR-A2."

What was happening? A rooms were only used for special operations and none of them were special operators.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Peta Chante »

Somewhere outside of Lead Hill Arkansas a deer takes a drink from a stream, possible it's last.

Don't move, Peta thinks to himself as he creeps through the underbrush to get down wind of his prey. Spooking it now would ruin an entire afternoon of stalking. Creeping ever closer the psi-stalker allows himself a smile, his pale, tattooed, face and pointed canines making a frightening visage.

Beep/

The deer runs in panic as the communicator on his belt chirps to life. Cursing Peta jumps from the bush chasing after his prey. The deer is fast but the stalker is smarter moving quickly to cut it off he draws his knife and makes a flying leap hugging the thing around its neck and drawing his knife across the neck. Peta shudders as the thing dies, releasing its life energy for him to feed on. He could sell the deer for meat, or give it to some refugee family back at the Castle.

Grunting he looks at his communicator and shrugs at the message. Humans and their meetings.

Dressing the deer he fashions a makeshift sled and begins to drag it back to the castle.

Hopefully they send us away from here. Too many people.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Watcher »

Watcher was lounging around the small field set aside as a park next to the castle. He was here to help if they needed it, but so far was getting a little bored with the scarcity of good reading available. He has skimmed everything on his tablet and had no real luck finding something actually engaging. Entertaining some of the children had become his new hobby as he killed time. But the castle was becoming boring and he had already decided he would be leaving in the morning.

That was when the notice came. A briefing, that means a mission, and his curiosity was growing. What could this mission be? Obviously something important if they needed his help and potentially a nice chance to learn something. Maybe he would not leave, he would have to figure out what this mission is and prepare himself for this new opportunity.

User avatar
Trowel
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Trowel »

Trowel looked down at his communicator. It had pretty much shattered after falling a good three stories. The kid adjusted his grip on his stone hand hold as the night air whipped through his messy hair. His tattered clothes did little to shield him from the cool afternoon air. He was of course clinging to the outside of one of the castle towers wondering what the heck BR-A2 was. Well BR-A2, might be more interesting than seeing what these heroes have in their rooms. Near him was a window he had just ghosted through, and strapped to his back was a sword wrapped in a fine leather scabbard embellished with an elaborate TSF. The kid pressed up on his grip and flung himself back toward the window phasing through its soft orange stained glass at the last moment passing through into the room without breaking the glass.

The room was well organized with all sorts of technowizard items, and to one side a bed and desk were nestled up against the wall. Inside was not the empty room he had expected, instead he found himself face to face so to speak with a tall gangly redheaded young man. The red head looked to be about 20 years old and had a pair of glasses dripping down his nose. Trowel had seem him working in a technowizard’s shop and so of course smiled and blurted, “Tyler Thomas right? Wow, rumor say Ashlyn saved you from a space ship when you were down in the vampire kingdoms.”

Tyler Thomas sighed and flipped a hidden switch just beneath the rooms normal light switch panel. He sighed again clearly tired, “Yes that would be the rumor.” He pointed at the sword still strapped to Trowel’s back, “Now, do you want to tell me what you are doing with Tera Silverforge’s best blade? Or shall I just cart you before the council and have them question you?”

Trowel unslung the scabbard sword and in one motion flung it at Tyler Thomas, then using the distraction he moved back to the window ready to phase through it making an ill-conceived escape. However, instead he found himself unable to move and floating a few inches above the ground.

Tyler Thomas had the sword in one hand(deftly plucking it out of the air), and a copper forged feather in the other. The feather had a few dark red crystals embedded in it that were glowing. How did he do that? Tyler Thomas set the blade gently down and walked close to the smaller floating kid. Taylor scrunched his nose pushing his glasses up the bridge and looked at the kid. Smugly Taylor said, “Kid you got no idea what kind of trouble you are in.”

Trowel scowled back, “The name is Trowel, I wasn’t going to keep the sword or anything... I heard about it on watch last night and I just wanted to try it.”

Tyler nodded and reached into Trowel’s pocket pulling out some horn rimmed glasses, “Unhuh. What about these Trowel?” He held up the glasses dangling them in front of the young vagabond. “If I am not mistaken these would be The Eyes of Truth. If memory serves, Sgt. Slater owns a pair of these... Stealing much?”

Trowel threw his hands up spinning gently in the hair. Exasperation filled his voice, “Ok! Ok! Take me to the brig, or to the counsel. Whatever, Its not like I was going to keep it. After I tested out the blade I was going to leave it in her office. I don’t know... Just get it over with...”

Tyler Thomas rubbed his face, some grease on his hand smudged his cheek, “Sure Trowel, one sec. Why did you come back into the room? I mean when I checked on the arcane alarm you tripped no one was here. But you came back in, phased through the window no less. Why?”

Sullenly Trowel remarked, “I changed my mind on the blade, I got a message to report to BR-A2.”

Taylor Thomas’ eye brow raised and he released the kid from the telekenetic hold he had him in. Involuntarily he whispered semi shocked, “BR-A2” Taylor Thomas shook his head and turned his frown upside down. “Look kid, The Tomorrow Legion is a good place. People working together for something better. A while back the Legion sent a group of heroes into the vampire kingdoms to put the hurt on the vamps.” Tyler grabbed the scabbered sword and handed it to Trowel, “Take it. Their quest started in that same room. The legendary Tera Silverforge made each of those heroes something to aid them on their journey. This blade is called Silverheart. A battle fury blade, it once even belonged to Lord Coake.”

Trowel just stood their accepting the blade and his freedom slack jawed. The gangs of Chi-town he had ran with had never shown such mercy. Trowel stammered, ”I... I...”

Tyler Thomas smile widdened. Even though he was only five years older than Trowel, there was something about his eyes that held wisdom beyond his youth. Tyler opened the door, and offered some advise, “Look kid, when I first joined I did not believe in them either. I was just tired of being in the cold, and looking for a hot meal and roof. The war had destroyed my life. But the Legion took me in, Tera took me as her apprentice. I got a new life here, and so can you.”

Trowel walked to the door with Silverheart in hand. He still was expecting the proverbial shoe to drop. Tyler grabbed he shoulder sternly putting the horn rimmed glasses gently back into the kid’s pocket with the other. “BR-2A is no joke Trowel. You’ll need these out there...” Tyler Thomas’s face was cast in a momentary flicker of worry interrupting his thoughts, ”Umm... Do me a favor, if you see a small dragon going by the name 42, tell him Tyler says... Ummm, tell him to just hurry home will ya?”

Still somewhat stunned by the turn of events Trowel, nodded and silently walked out and down the tower hall lit by the fading sun’s light shinning through a set of large horizontal windows. He paused and looked out wondering what would await him. Should I run or stay? Trowel’s eyes widened as he saw some figure down below dragging a carcass toward the castle gates. A shiver ran down his spine at the grim sight and he continued down the hall on his way to BR-2A and apparently to some epic adventure.

User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Vikon Athir »

Castle Refuge
Legionnaire's Barracks
Round 0

Vikon had settled down by the river that flows near the castle. He liked it down here, where his element flowed strong. Nights had been nice, so he had taken to staying down here rather than in his bunk. He currently sat with his eyes closed, focusing on the balance inside of him, when he was interrupted by the comm on his belt.

Vikon sighed and pulled out the comm, reading the message. BR-A2? He vaguely remembered that as one of the mission briefing rooms. Did that mean he was getting a mission? Vikon smiled and stood up. He dipped his hand in the river and touched his forehead, then headed back to the castle and headed for the briefing.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 3/3
PP: 15/15
Powers: Barrier, blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.

User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Vela »

Vela had a spot she liked in the castle. It was high up, atop the conical roof of the western guard tower that overlooked the trade road most people used to enter or leave Refuge. There were higher places, yes, but from up in those spots Vela found she couldn't easy make out anything interesting about guests. The guard tower was close enough that sometimes the wind would even bring up a scent, or a sound. She could lie up there for hours, soaking up the sun...as this was a cold land she'd come to, and every warm sunray was a welcome relief. When she tired of lounging it was an easy leap down to the road outside. Or, if she had business in the castle, to the courtyard inside.

The only problem was that she was distressingly easy to find, for those who knew of her proclivities.

Her ear flicked irritably at the piercing beep of her 'communicator' from below. Ever since she'd accidentally dropped her first two, they'd started giving her one that was of much tougher construction. It refused to break, regardless of the height dropped from. And now it was beeping at her.

Vela had only the faintest ideas of how to use the thing. There was a button to push? Or maybe you opened it up...? It wasn't important though. Now that she knew they were being summoned, she'd just find someone else and follow them in. It was annoying, but also kind of a relief.

She hadn't come here to laze about after all. Well, not just that.

The jaguar slipped from the tower roof with such easy grace that she looked almost liquid, like she was dripping off. She landed silently despite the height of the fall, and transformed into a comely young woman with deep mocha skin and black hair cut unevenly short. She snatched up her radio and broke into a jog to the stairs that would take her down off the wall, and towards wherever they needed her to be.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Kai »

Anyone passing near the training grounds would find the normal sounds of the busy Castle Refuge cut by the crackle and hiss of Psi-Swords colliding. Two combatants squared off in the center of the courtyard. A lithe elven cyber knight, slight of build and wielding a pair of psi swords, faced off against a powerfully built Leonin Kill Cat wielding a psi-sword and shield.

Separated only temporarily, they both quickly closed the distance again. The elf's psi-swords darted in only to spark off his opponent's psi-shield; a pale blue blade flashing out from behind the shield was quickly dodged as the elf danced backwards again. Caught off guard by a sudden lunge forward the cyber knight could only cross his blades to attempt to catch the shield that suddenly slammed against them, knocking him off his feet. The moment the elf's back struck the ground the pale blue blade slashed downwards, only stopping inches before striking armour.

"Briefing at 0900 in BR-A2."

A low growl slipped past Kai's clenched lips at the interruption, quickly suppressed and replaced by a fanged grin as he dismissed his psi sword and offered his opponent a large clawed hand. "Again tomorrow?" Aerek accepted the help up with wry smile and nodded before heading back towards the barrack, one hand reaching up to rub his shoulder.

Kai watched Aerek walk away, loathe to end their session so soon, but anxious that this summons could mean real action. He was growing tired of the safety of the Refuge and craved the opportunity to truly test his skills. After a moment's consideration he turned and made his way across the training grounds. There was time to eat before the briefing and if he reached the kitchens early enough he could catch them before the meats were ruined in the oven.
Kai, the Psi Warrior
Kai, The Psi Warrior
Pace: 8; Parry: 8 (11 with shield)
Toughness: 17 (6)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3
Pertinent Edges: Quick, Counterattack, Chi
Edit Signature

Orius
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Orius »

Orius had barely arrived after his long trip, half a cigarette down covered in inches of road dust when the comm link the tomorrow legion had given him had chirped.

Orius sighed... and took one long last pull to finish off his cig. He absent mindedly checked his gear a route exercise drilled into him over his decade serving dweomer. His sword secured to the back of his mage armor that was still managble despite the new rents and claw marks upon it from his trip across the zone of magic to get here.

That journey had been long and arduous, and even with the help of his automaton Bastion he had almost died twice that he knew of.

Orius still didn’t even know why the masters had sent him here. He was representing his people and his gods as a show of support on this mission and that was good enough for him.

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Technospawn »

Castle Refuge
Briefing Room Alpha 2
3rd April 110 PA
0900

As the the recruits sat around the table waiting two people walked into the room. The first was a beautiful woman with owl like features and wings. Behind here was a human man of average height, medium build, brown hair, and hazel eyes. If fact the only remarkable feature of his was his hawkish nose. Once he shut the door he tapped a panel next to door a few times and an eerie silence settled over the room. The noises from the hall completely gone.

The woman turned to group and spoke "I am first chief Elle. You will will address me as chief. I know most of you are new and would normally be assigned to other squads. However most of the other squads are full and have assignments elsewhere right now. So we are forming a new group and if successful it will be designated 21st SET.

She paused a minute to scan the room. Then she resumed "Normally we would have time to finish your training but time is very critical to this mission and we have already lost a week. We would also send an officer or at least a sergeant with you but all the other SETs are busy and with the CS getting pushy we have no one else to spare. For those reasons @Watcher is being promoted to team lead."

"Now down to why you all are here. Last week a messenger came in with word of a lost temple being found in the kingdoms. We do not know the exact location but we have been told it is near the Tonto River. From what we can tell it was only found because there was a massive nexus storm over the temple but up till then there had not been any nexus points in the area. If what we are told are true there is at least 1 very powerful artifact in the temple that could give humanity an upper hand against the Vampires. No one knows for sure what it can do but they claim the temple is built to Dios del Sol."

"I know this all sounds a bit far fetched and that is what took so long. We reached out to several contacts. Only one responded and they could not confirm it but they did confirm there has been a buzz of activity in the area. We can also confirm that the CS and Federation have dispatched teams to recover what ever is there. We can't ignore this and let either of them get a hold of the artifact if it does exist. Your mission is head to New del Rio and make contact with our agent there. Watcher will be given contact methods and codes use to identify the contact. We hope he will have move information when you get there and can help guide you to the artifact. You are to recover all artifacts or other items of power and bring them back here."

"Your mission and location is top secret. You are to speak to no one outside this room about this. Now please let me introduce a couple people to the rest of you. First we have @Orius, he is a battle magus sent from Dweomer to help us keep this item away from the federation. She points to Orius then continues on. "then we have @Vela and @Eliza fa Rose. They are emissaries of one of the few now vampire controlled areas of Central America. They will help your guides in the field and help translate and liaise with the locals. Remember stealth is your best tool, you will be a long ways from here and we can not send you back up or resupply you."

"Get all the gear and supplies you need. You leave in the morning at 0700. Good luck and watch out for each other."
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Trowel
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Trowel »

Trowel was all ears and eyes... He nearly fell out of the chair when the winged lion was made leader. Not that he was anti D-bee or anything even though he had put a few in their place from time to time during his stint as a member of the Chi-Town’s Children of Prosek. He nearly fell backwards because there was a winged lion! Involuntary he whispered, “Tarin’s Ts... They are real.”

But all too soon his mind was racing about what kind of new gear he could get. However, What kills vampires? He had of course heard the rumors swirling in Chi-Town. Everything from old ghost stories to taking out some pasty white D-bee with oversized canines with chromed stakes. Man... Vampires... They suck you dry, can’t be killed... They like to toy with chicks... All that sounds like B.S.

Seeking some clarity, and not wanting to sound like a total city slicker to the group he sidled up to @Vela. As a note he would have talked to @Orius but the smell of cigarettes always just about made him throw up. And he might have asked the creepy bald hunter, but damn that guy was super duper creepy. @Kia Mizuki and @Vikon Athir were too badass to ask, So it left Vela or Eliza... “Umm Miss Vela, my name is Trowel... I was sort of wondering what kind of things should I ask for? Most of my experience is in Chi-Town, not so much in the jungle...” His voice lowered, “So what kills vampires?”

Interesting thing about the kid was he wore tattered clothing, some basic armor, had a large enchanted sword leaning against the desk near him. Its arcane signature would peg it at just about a rune weapon.

User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Watcher »

Occult 18
Jack of All Trades 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[5] = 6
Occult 1d4!! or Wild 1d6!! +2 From lessons: [5!!]+[16!!] = 21
Watcher listens to the briefing until it is concluded of course he would be the leader, who else could be chosen for such an important task and trusted to see it through.

When the man child asks the question Watcher smiles. "You would not want to be caught among them without wooden stakes, water weapons, and a means of making fire would you? If you where how could you kill them and keep them dead?"

When he gets to the supply room he asks for a few items more interested in what they gain him than in being able to fight vampires with them. "Would you have an enchanted water weapon perhaps or some wooden stakes that can be spared." As he interacts with the young supply Clerk Watcher finds he likes Tailor, he seems friendly and willing to work.



Standard Survival Pack (TLPG page 87, 3,000 credits
Light Portable Water Cannon (Blood and Banes page 39, 9,000 credits, Availability -1)
Networking: Networking 1d4!! or Wild 1d6!! Not sure if there is a modifier for NG-S2 Survival Pack and LP Water Cannon: [3]+[11!!] = 14

User avatar
Trowel
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Trowel »

Trowel was amazed that the Sphinx was even talking to him. He chased after the glorious leader making sure to grab his priceless blade on the way out. After hearing the speil about vampires from @Watcher and @Vela’s succinct list, things from one of the earlier training sessions clicked into place. Tarin’s Ts... We are going through that territory!? Scampering alongside @Watcher the kid tried not to show much of his panic stricken thoughts as he imagined his worst nightmares come alive.

He mumbled, “Wow Watcher... During training, this Atlatean Antipasta or something went over what these vampires can do and how tricky they are to kill.” Trowel gulped, “He said some horrible things about what they would do to me in particular... Yeah we need lots of weapons... Maybe even something we can travel in.”

More at home with the skulky supply officer than the wild, the kid stood on his tippy toes managing to clear the counter. Still though the terifying thought of roaming knee deep in the blood suckers got the better of him, “Hey man, I need guns, stakes, silver, anything that will dust those vamps. Maybe like a super soaker with a silver sharpened cross bayoneted type deal. Umm... I hear those Arzno folks make crazy anti vampire grenades... Sunlight, water, steam, silver explosion erosion... Load up a bandoleer laced with garlic and wolfsbane with them man, I need the protection...” The kid waited for a heart beat and raised his voice, “Go man! They are sending me to a jungle filled with vamps, go get the stuff I need to survive!” Another beat passed and the kid seemed to ease off the gass a bit. He pulled out a cred stick with 15k on it and slid it over, “Here 15k if it helps, oh and throw in a one of those mountaineer ATVs with enough food and water for two weeks for seven people... Please.” Trowel knew how to work the puppy dog kid eyes... Work it he did. Even then the Kid was not beyond stealing some keys.

Mountaineer Rarity -2
Variety of TW Anti Vamp Grenades(no rarity listed)
-Daylight Flare x2 (4k for two)
-Flashbag x2 (2k for two)
-steam chaser (4k for Two)
Water Super Soaker with sharpened silver cross bayonette: (Rar +1, but with modification even?)
Wood stakes, silver stakes ( seems like maybe 200-400 creds with more expensive being silver)

@Technospawn I am not sure what you want us to roll for the requisition, just let me know.
Occult +2 circumstance bonus from training 1d6! 1d6!: [4]+[5] = 9
Wealth die (has rich): 1d8! 1d6!: [3]+[3] = 6
Networking for gear except atv: 1d8! 1d6!: [1]+[5] = 6
Support for getting a ride: Theivery 1d10! 1d6!: [9]+[6!, 2] = 17

User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Vela »

“Umm Miss Vela, my name is Trowel... I was sort of wondering what kind of things should I ask for? Most of my experience is in Chi-Town, not so much in the jungle...” His voice lowered, “So what kills vampires?”

Vela leaned over to one side a little and eyed the small person asking her in so familiar a tone. Her eyes narrowed slightly, but then she cracked a little smile.

"Wood," she said in heavily accented English. "Or silver. In the heart. Water. Sun. Only these things."

Then the other one, the magic cat-thing that was apparently 'in charge' came over. Vela rolled her eyes at that and looked back away, affecting a lack of interest in the rest of the conversation. She was not staking claim in any of this group yet, so Watcher could take what he willed...for now. Perhaps next time he would get a swat on the nose for his troubles though.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks

Eliza fa Rose
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Eliza fa Rose »

Eliza fa Rose was already in the briefing room. Sitting upright in his chair. His bat like features clearly there and his skin tone is of a light brown color. He is a more study build then most and he has a weapon of some kind strapped to his back on his bandolier along with a various amount of other tools. He has somewhat long hair ties back and he is watching everyone who is arriving into the briefing room.

User avatar
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Peta Chante »

Being in the confining corridors of the Castle makes Peta edgy. Being in a small room with this team of supernatural beings makes it worse. He barely hears the briefing, go into vampire territory and retrieve an item that could help them kill more vampires. Perfect. He sniffs and examines everyone on the team trying to get their psychic scent so he can ignore it in the field, but some of them are just so overwhelming. This is not going to be an easy job. He would need to keep his distance.

As others asked for various gear and equipment he takes out his knife and starts cleaning his teeth.

"Silver bullets," he says between picks. "Lots and lots of silver bullets." He suddenly stops picking his teeth and looks down at the knife, "And maybe something a little longer than this, for decapitations."

He draws the knife slowly across his neck to simulate cutting a throat, smiling and staring right at @Trowel as he does.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

Orius
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Orius »

Orius leans against the back wall and puts a cig in his mouth. He absentmindedly looks for his lighter he always misplaces somewhere upon his person as he glances around the room as the briefing finishes, taking in the team.

He saw many able bodied warriors capable of handling their buisness but he frowned as he wondered who the true leader was when the shit hit the fan.

He muttered as he finally found his lighter. “Lots of high magus not enough battle magus.”

Orius chuckled over his inside joke and sighed, missing home.

User avatar
Dalai_Chuck
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Dalai_Chuck »

Heroin had been smuggled into Laszlo, packaged as medicine. Then a child was in the hospital, and the The Leyline Walker, Texas Ranger known as the Dalai Chuck had gone on the prowl to find the smuggler.

But the men he went looking for were old enemies, who had waited for the opportunity to strike back at the man who put them in prison.

The Dalai Chuck tracked them down--before their revenge destroyed him--and the streets of Laszlo.

And now, he's here. In the Tomorrow Legion. Preparing to bust some bony vampire ass

User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Vela »

Vela finally did find her way to the quartermaster's station. She eyed the clerk on duty there for a moment before saying, "I want a gun." She pantomimed shooting a weapon with her fingers.

The clerk arched an eyebrow, then glanced behind him. There were rows and rows of guns, of all kinds, on racks, in crates, and any number of storage containers. He looked back at Vela. "...can you be more specific?" he asked.

She considered, then said, "Water. A water gun." After another moment she added, "Magic."

"A magic water gun," the clerk repeated. Vela nodded. "Any particular size?"

The were-jaguar lifted her hands, imitating the firing stance of someone wielding a rifle. "Like this."

"Magic water rifle then," he mused. "Anything else?"

Vela thought for a moment, then said questioningly, "Sun...bomb?"

The clerk matched her thought for thought and hazarded, "Daylight flare?"

She nodded and beamed proudly at him, happy to have gotten her point across.

"Just a moment then, ma'am. I'll check our stock." You met all kinds at Castle Refuge, the clerk thought as he moved back into the storeroom.

Belated wealth roll
1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Last edited by Vela on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks

User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Watcher »

Watcher thinks for a moment and then realizes an important question was left unanswered. Heading back to speak with El, he asks. "How are we to travel there? Shall a shifter open a rift for us, or will you issue a vehicle appropriate to our size?"

"Once we are finished with acquiring what you need, how do you expect us to return?"

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Kai »

Idly tapping his claws against the tabletop, Kai took a moment to look over the group gathered in the room as he half-listened to the briefing. A concerned glance for the child, sizing up the possible hindrance that could come with bringing one so young into battle. A more scrutinizing look to Vela and then Peta; his father often talked of the prowess of psi-stalkers and there was something familiarly predatory about the young woman.

We can also confirm that the CS and Federation have dispatched teams to recover what ever is there. Kai's attention was wrenched back to the briefing at the mention of the CS' involvement. With a low growl he glanced down at the tabletop to see the deep ridges his claws had involuntarily cut into the surface. Gathering himself once more he waits for the briefing and the following conversations to die down before quickly making his way to the quartermaster's station.

Stopping behind Vela he takes a moment to appraise the stock of weapons displayed behind the counter he makes note of a blade vambrace hanging from a rack. Enlarged to fit and silver coated it would be an excellent weapon if what he had heard after the briefing was true. Vela's order of daylight flares also sounded promising.

Wealth - 1d6! 1d6!: [2]+[3] = 5
Kai, the Psi Warrior
Kai, The Psi Warrior
Pace: 8; Parry: 8 (11 with shield)
Toughness: 17 (6)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3
Pertinent Edges: Quick, Counterattack, Chi
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Command Briefing

Post by Vikon Athir »

Wealth support 9; +2 support
Wealth 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Networking Mountaineer 2, Nuclear 4; Success, unless the crit fail means I don't get my Charismatic free reroll
Rarity -3, Support +2
Persuasion 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Charismatic free reroll
Persuasion 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Networking Wooden Stakes 6
+2 Support
Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Castle Refuge
Legionnaire's Barracks
Round 0

Vikon greeted the others. He studied the Vela woman. “You are Sister Ashlyn’s friend, correct?” he asked her as they made their way out of the briefing room and headed toward the quartermaster’s office. “She told me much about you, and the other friends she traveled with throughout the kingdoms. Such adventures seem...unbelievable! It is good to have you along with us.”

Vikon stood patiently with the others as they made their orders at the quartermaster, listening to their requests. He had a major problem, however. His magical abilities tended to interfere with most advanced technology. He carried a laser pistol, but even that tended to short out on him frequently whenever he tried to practice with it.

When it came his turn, Vikon considered what would be beneficial.

“Could I have a dozen wooden stakes?” Vikon asked. “And definitely would like that Mountaineer the kid suggested. Some way to get around. And maybe something silver?” he mused.

“Oh, this was left for you,” the quartermaster said, retrieving a package and handing it to Vikon. The young man opened it and found two rolls of fighter’s hand wraps and a note from Sister Ashleigh.

“St. Michael protect you, and bless your fists with these holy wrappings.”

Vikon smiled. Sister Ashlyn was looking over him again. Gracias,” he told the quartermaster. “And the other items?”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 3/3
PP: 15/15
Powers: Barrier, blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.

Post Reply

Return to “Welcome to the Jungle”