Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Adventures of the Coalition States Fighting Joes: Chicago Company.
Post Reply
User avatar
High Command
The Savage Inquisition
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am

Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by High Command »

Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out
  • Date: Thursday, January 10, 110 PA
    Time: 0900 by end of post
    Temp: 5°, Bitterly Cold outside. A few inches of of snow from last night.
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None near FOB Delian
    Location: FOB Delian
As the platoon gathers their gear, vehicles, and such, they get it all loaded and then make their way to the jump seats that line the massive bay of the Death's Head Transport (DHT). When prepped for a hot drop the crews would ride in their vehicles, but it's not really safe - but then neither is a hot drop. The reality is the crews can load in the sky during transit, so it is very rare that the troops and crews of vehicles ride in their vehicles. The exception to this are Robot Vehicles. Those pilots and crew generally transit in their vehicles. The flight crew of the DHT are actually veritable masters of configuration, getting people close to their deployed vehicles and making split second decisions, informing their fellow crew of changes and adjusting on the fly. In what could be termed as complete chaos, the flight crews of the DHTs make the precision of the Rotation Day at Fort Resilience look like amateur hour. In fact many of those same NCOs eventually join DHT crews.

So it is that all four platoons of the 17th load up with their small convoy of Mark IX Exploration armored vehicles. Each one also pulls at least two trailers. There is one Mark V and it is pulling a rather large trailer, loaded with containerized housing units - likely generators, bathrooms, refrigerated storage, and kitchens for the Forward Operating Base. The cargo bay of the DHT and it's sister are full to bursting.

The flight out is boring. Twice the SAMAS escort squad deploys to back up the two jets providing escort, and once a SF-7 Talon is deployed to ruin someone's day. The pilots actually turn on the external camera feed so those riding can watch the awesome destructive power of the Talon. A staccato of mini-missiles ripple across the place where the raiders had launched from, followed by long range missiles at their fleeing transport. The fireballs are awe inspiring. But it's over in minutes once it begins. Still, everyone's been on worse hour long flights. As the power armor troops land and secure the site, the Death's Heads begin their landing sequence. It takes upwards of two hours to unload, but it is done in a very orderly manner. Engineers oversee placement of trailers, oversee soldiers erecting tents, and otherwise making themselves useful. Despite arriving early in the morning, and stopping for lunch (the mess and the bathrooms are the first things completed after the generators), it takes well into the night (2100 or 9 pm) before the job is done. The Combat Engineers who prepared the site evacuate with the DHTs and their transports. The platoon's tent is actually the last thing completed. Aside from opaque walls separating men and women showers/dressing areas, the large tent is otherwise a wide open space. Heaters and fans keep the inside of the tent livable (65 degrees), and more heaters keep the hygiene areas warmer (70 degrees). A bathroom and laundry containerized unit is attached by tent umbilical to keep it from freezing people as they move in and out.

Each platoon disassembles four trailers into a secure armory and tool storage. Each platoon gets a pilot for their personnel carrier who also acts as the squad's supply corporal. While every squad is responsible for its own inventory, the battalion attached supply corporal allows the squad leader an auditor, as well as being able to deploy their entire squad on a fire mission while maintaining security for their transport and gear. Additionally each squad gets five skelebots, and another 20 are deployed in defense of the base on the platoon's behalf. The five from 4th Squad guard the sensitive C3 tent for the company HQ, while the five skelebots from 3rd squad provide seurity for the platoon's armory. First and Second squad both retain their skelebots for deployment, though they do help provide security when in camp as well as allow for maintenance of the camp assigned skelebots.

The platoon spends a good three days getting ready, during which time they get established with the security routine, exit and entrance routines, communication codes and what not. On that night, they begin preparing for their extended patrol. Supplies are packed into a trailer, weapons are stored in the appropriate places, the Hellraiser is prepared for combat, as are any power armor. The cyber-doc in third squad, attached from battalion medical, gives everyone with bionics and cybernetics a good once over, both to establish baselines as well as familiarize herself with the systems everyone has.





So it is that five days after they got on the transports, they set out to begin their task, leaving FOB Delian behind. As the group sets out on their trek, they are moving across the edge of the Hivelands. Aside from the occasional nomadic tribe (psi-stalker, amerind, or simvan), aminals or creatures, or small gang of Murder Hobos (adventurer types), there's not a lot of traffic. The group is too far from the hives to worry about more than the occasional scouting party, but plenty of threats and obstacles exist as you make your way through the wild lands of pre-rifts Minnesota and Manitoba. One of the features of your trailer is that it floats. This is important considering the amphibious nature of the Mark IX and the plentiful lakes, rivers, and wetlands in the region.
GM instructions
Time to finalize gear, what you're bringing, etc. If it's not in your gear post or a common piece of gear, you're not likely to have it. Each of you has a supply die. Make sure you know what it is and it is recorded on your gear sheet (near the top please). This will cover your ammunition, food, and other sundries as you travel further away from support and your base.

You have an extra travelling with you - he drives the APC. He is your Supply Corporal, but his job is to drive and look after the supply inventory.

Task: Interlude: I've drawn a card for each of you, and would like for you all to tell me the sorts of things you encounter on the first leg of your adventure as you skirt between the Duluth and Rolla-Morden Hives heading north. Complete the interlude and gain a Benny.
  • Freeman: How the party endured a trying hardship on the journey.
    Carano: How the group found something that helped them along the way, such as an oasis, minor treasure, ammo, food, friendly locals, etc.
    Sommerset: Red Joker: Everyone Gains an additional benny and Sommerset can choose any one result.
    Colton: A difficult obstacle the group negotiated along the way
    Jaxson: A hardship the party overcame on their trip: a mechanical breakdown, abysmal weather, and so on.
    McDonald: How the party endured a trying hardship on the journey.
    Maverick: How the group found something that helped them along the way, such as an oasis, minor treasure, ammo, food, friendly locals, etc.
    Rawlins: A difficult obstacle the group negotiated along the way
    Wolfheart: A difficult obstacle the group negotiated along the way
    LoJack: A hardship the party overcame on their trip: spoiled or lost supplies, a mechanical breakdown, abysmal weather, and so on.
The Convoy consists of:
  • First Squad's APC driven by Corporal Ramses Kirk, a young soldier from Lone Star who is on loan from Battalion Supply.
  • First Squad's Supply Trailer - 10 Mods worth of Cargo including: food for ten men for a month, an ammo recharger, enough E-clips, grenades, and backup weapons to get a squad by with acceptable losses of material, plus armor repair, spare electronics, spare parts (for the vehicles as well as your gear), spare missiles, rail gun ammo, and such for the vehicles (including Mitch's Hellraiser)
  • Ivan's Windjammer
  • Mitch's Hellraiser
  • Second Squad's Recon team in a AFC-101 Platform Hoverjeep (aka the "Command Car")
  • Second Squad's Recon Hovercycles x2 (armed with anti-personnel lasers)
  • Second Squad's APC driven by Corporal Kerina o'Doune, a young soldier from Chi-Town's burbs who is on loan from Battalion Supply.
  • Second Squad's Supply Trailer - 10 Mods worth of Cargo including: food for ten men for a month, an ammo recharger, enough E-clips, grenades, and backup weapons to get a squad by with acceptable losses of material, plus armor repair, spare electronics, spare parts (for the vehicles as well as your gear), spare missiles, rail gun ammo, and such for the vehicles
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.

User avatar
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Jaxson preps himself for the ordeal ahead. He remembers the last time someone sent him on a routine mission. He also knows no LZ is ever truly secure. As the pilot signal they there on final approach Jaxson turned to @William Rawlins "On you feet private. Your with me." Turning to @Carano "with your leave mam, pyroboy and I are going to fly a little scout patrol. I like to know when death is coming for me so I can great him at the door."

Jaxson secured his Mag-5 in place and begin the preflight check list. As he felt the transport begin to descend toward the LZ, "Private I want a 3 Km sweep of the entire perimeter. I will find any big threats and squish them if need be. You look for the stuff that is that is not obvious." Jaxson grabbed Rawlings and throw him out the door. Not waiting even a second Jaxson was right behind him.

In flight Jaxson activated his stealth systems and stayed just close enough to keep the burster in sight. He may be new to the squad and was not sure how he would fit in but he would be damned if anyone died on his watch.
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Rank: Novice-2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by John Freeman »

Sure it floats, Freeman thinks to himself as he watches the trailer sink below the surface of the water while fording a placid lake. The Mark IX kep driving for a few more seconds before the pilot noticed the drag from the submerged trailer, fortunately it stayed attached and the environmental seals hopefully kept the contents dry. Then, of course, the hitch let go and the trailer glugged to the bottom of the lake.

The deep clear water teased them, making their trailer seem just below the surface when it was actually many feet below the surface. Sighing Freeman wonders if it is too late to request a Nautical Service Specialist for the unit. Undeterred he sends the Hellraiser and Jaxson bottom walking to lift the trailer, while two teams in environmental body armor dive down with ropes to hook the trailer to the Mark IX.

The EPC droned slowly forward while Jaxson and Madman steer the trailer past any obstacles below the surface. It wasn't pretty but it worked. Back on land Colton had to effect some bubble-gum-and-hair-gel jury rig to reattach the trailer and repair its flotation device while Corano did an inventory of the contents to make sure nothing was water damaged.

With not much to do, Freeman sent the psychics to survey the area. Mostly cause he didn't like having them around.

After what amounted to a few hours delay the unit go back underway.

I'm going to find the guy that built that one. Kill him. And use it as his casket."

The macabre thought makes Freeman smile despite the circumstances.
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Ivan Wolfheart
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Ivan Wolfheart »

Ivan wastes no opportunity to stretch the legs on the Wind Jammer. This is a screaming machine! Riding far out front, he scans the territory ahead of the column. Heavily forested terrain limits their path, but Ivan manages to find a way through. Circling back towards the unit, hits the radio to call out to the lead truck. "Wolfheart to convoy. ALL STOP!"
Unfortunately, the call comes too late. The weakened ground turns into a sinkhole under the weight of the loaded Mark IX. The truck and trailer ride the dirt down into the pit, landing with a remarkable THUD. The Hellraiser follows suit, though @Mitch McDonald manages to keep the beast from any significant damage. The group finds themselves in what appears to be an abandoned Xiticix hive, or something resembling one. After a great deal of chatter, it's determined that there's no easy way to lift the Mark IX out of the hole without major construction equipment or a crane.
Ivan brings the Wind Jammer low, slowing to enter the caverns along with the rest of the crew. "Captain, permission to scout ahead?" An affirmative is given, and the Wind Jammer picks up speed, moving off into the darkness. The caverns are sizable, suggesting the previous inhabitants needed a great deal of room to move. The APC and trailer has little problem fitting through, though there's no exit in sight.
At the end of a long corridor, Ivan finds a steep slope upward, tapering into what looks like solid ground. "Wolfheart. I think I got an exit...if we can get a running start." He turns back to the sinkhole entry, clocking his distance from the subgrade ramp. Exiting topside, he traces the path back, then opens up on the spot with a few missiles. The explosions bring some of the roof down, but also open an exit to the surface again. The corporal guns the engine on the APC, and with a little pull from the Hellraiser, manages to climb out of the pit. The 17th moves on after having spent almost a full mile winding underground, and never having spent the time to find out exactly what it was that made that network of caverns...
Ivan Wolfheart
Ivan Wolfheart
Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8 with vambraces)
Toughness: 23 (10)
Armor: CA-4 Dead Boy with Greatcoat
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Dodge, Elan, Ace/Combat Ace, Born to Ride / Live to Ride, Quick, Level Headed
Current Status Post

User avatar
Mitch McDonald
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Mitch McDonald »

It is immediately evident that Mitch knows his way around Robot Armor. He slips into the Hellraiser like a second skin an after doing a couple of impressive feats of agility, he settles down into the cool profession he is. After helping to pull the APC out of the mud, Mitch relaxes even more, though you can't tell. He doesn't himself to be particularly superstitious, but it was a long known truth in the RPA units that you should crack an egg on your Power Armor or Robot Armor before going out into the field to get the first battle wound out of the way. Sure it was ridiculous, but he had seen more than a couple pilots sneaking out of the barracks in the middle of night, a carton of eggs in hand. The travel a bit more, with little of note happening.

Eggs. That's the way the Dog Boy describes them at least. A few egg shaped lumps buried under fresh snow, strewn about the path about half a click away. Without a dedicated EOD soldier available at the moment, Mitch is tasked with helping diffuse what everyone thinks must be land mines. After going forward with the Dog Boys, Mitch quickly dispatches the little clumps of explosives with his cutting laser. A couple of mines explode and while there is a great deal of snow and metal debris strewn about, Mitch and the Hellraiser are completely unscathed. Again Mitch remarks on the toughness of this particular type of paint, as only a few scratches appear on the finish.

User avatar
Carano
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Carano »

Carano knows she ought to appreciate the boring parts of the trip, because once things get not boring, they will be really not boring.

That said, the first part of the deployment is boring.

A sunken trailer, a weird underground tunnel, and some unexploded land mines break up the monotony, but only just. This is her first deployment since her promotion, and she finds she has a lot more to do than she’s used to, but it’s more of the administrative stuff. Logistical problem solving. Boring stuff.

When the opportunity arises to lead a little recon party and actually get her boots dirty, she jumps all over it. “Gear up and let’s go,” she orders the fireteam accompanying her.

The recon itself starts normally enough, until they come across a lone figure in the woods who appears out of nowhere about 50 yards away, waving to them. She zooms in using her new eye, and cracks a grin.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she says, and then into her radio, ”It’s okay. He’s a friendly. Keep your weapons hot, though, just in case. One of you, with me to go say hi.”

She approaches the bald man, clearly a Psi-Stalker as they get closer, and says while removing her helmet, “I thought they killed you in Old Chicago.”

The older Psi-Stalker scoffs. “Please. Like Old Chicago would want the likes of me. I got out when my enlistment was over and decided to retire to the country life. It’s just me, by the way. I told the rest of my people to stay back, lest they end up with more holes than they started the day with.”

She rolls her eyes. “That was a terrible joke. You are a terrible joker, you know that, Sly? Terrible.”

He grins at her, the same unnerving grin as always. “Yup, that’s what they tell me. But they also tell me I’m a decent scout, and you folks are heading towards a mess, if you aren’t careful…”

No idea. I’m leaving this one dangling for the GM if he wants to pick it up and run with it.
Lt. Maeve Carano
Pace: 8; Parry: 7, 9 w/CA-14 Equipped; Toughness: 22 (9)
Edges/Notes: Dodge (-2 to be hit by Ranged attacks)
Maeve Character Sheet

User avatar
Raleigh Ray Colton
Ruby Patron
Ruby Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Raleigh Ray Colton »

GM wrote:Colton: A difficult obstacle the group negotiated along the way
Raleigh Ray scratched his head at the sight of it. For all intents and purposes it shouldn't be there... yet there it was. He looked back at the five skelebots under his command and wondered to himself if they could be of any assistance here. Ultimately, the answer was no.

Bringing the convoy to a dead halt was a deep ravine. It ran the length at least a few miles both directions as seen by spotters in the sky, and beyond that it was difficult to tell because the forest swallowed up all visibility from there on.

Raleigh Ray's best guess was that it was probably the remnant of an abandoned underground Xiticix hive (or some other creature) that for some reason built it in a straight line underground. But it had since collapsed and caved in on itself leaving behind a deep, steep trench that was effectively a tank trap... and their convoy consisted of small tracked vehicles pulling trailers.

"Well, I tells ya, boss man..." the simple Ozark boy said to his superior, Freeman. "... I's gots us way over that, but yous ain't gonna like it. Sures, we`s could blast it an' makes us a pretty ramp goin' ins an' outs all ladylike. But we only got so much explosive ordinance fo' the mission. Also, all's that boom-boom would attract unwanted attention."

Raleigh Ray stepped up to the edge of the ravine and toed its edge. The structure of the half-pipe seemed sturdy enough.

"I's say we bridge it. We laser down a few big trees, use the big bots to get them across real quick, an' we strap 'em together to make a lil' bridge fo' each track. As long as dems drivers go straight, it should work... Should."

Despite several setbacks in the plan, ultimately it did work, but not without a fair amount of stress and drama. Like many things the military a boiled down to cooperation, coordination, and perseverance. When the last APC and its trailer crossed the bridge, Raleigh Ray stood there and smiled at his work. and then proudly spit on it before moving on, putting a little piece of himself on everything he makes.
CPL Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
* "Kay", C-18 Laser Pistol (Ammo: 1/1)
Vibro Bayonet
Skelebot Stats

Bennies: 5/5
(reset April 2020)
EP Ledger

User avatar
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Knowing better to loiter around waiting to be volunteered to do the heavy lifting. Jaxson called out"I gonna patrol this little ambush site from the sky and make sure uninvited guest don't crash the party." Jaxson launched himself into the air and activated hit stealth systems as he headed first down ravine then up in the standard nautilus patrol pattern. Everything was quiet, maybe a little too quiet.

Making his fourth pass Jaxson could see the last APC starting to cross the bridge. He decided he would finish this sweep then rejoin the squad. As he was making his up ravine sweep on the far side he caught movement. Water. There was water flowing down the ravine. A lot of water and very fast. Jaxson hesitated a second, he had never seen a flash flood.

"Alpha 1 this is Alpha 4. We have a problem. We have a 15 meter high wall of water and large debris storming down the ravine.
It is 2 KM above your current location. You need to clear that bridge now."


Turning down ravine Jaxson boosted as fast as he could to get back to the bridge. Damn stealth pack was too slow. Arriving at the bridge with no time to spare Jaxson could see the last APC was not going to clear the bridge in time. @John Freeman had done a good job and got everyone on the problem as soon as Jaxson had radioed in but it was not enough. Jaxson was just glad @Raleigh Ray Colton had not let them drive into the ravine.

His jet pack pushed beyond limits for too long, shut down when Jaxson was just shy of the bridge. Tucking the best he could Jaxson pushed himself through force of will and landing on the bridge on his feet. The APC was just a few seconds from clearing the bridge when the surge hit. Jaxson could feel the feel the bridge going when he looked up and saw the APC lurch forward. Jumping clear of the bridge just as it collapsed in the surge Jaxson saw several skelebots and the hellraiser pulling the APC forward off the collapsing bridge. He joined the effort. Once the APC was on solid land Jaxson collapsed onto his ass. Nothing is every easy in the army.
Athletics 10
Athletics roll to land on his feet !1d6: [6] = 6 Wild die !1d6: [5] = 5
Forgot to explode the roll !1d6!!+6: [4]+6 = 10
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Rank: Novice-2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”

User avatar
William Rawlins
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:05 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by William Rawlins »

'Sure, send the information and comms specialist out on scouting duty...' Rawlins laments as he's shoved out by @JAXSON, Antone.

He reaches deep into his reserve of psychic energy and pulls deeply to get himself shooting through the sky. 'The sooner we wrap this up, the sooner I can get back to doing something useful.' The burster angles himself higher than might be otherwise recommended. The cold isn't a problem for Rawlins, but the lower oxygen levels could be. Fortunately, flying isn't much of an exertion for him, so he can pull it off as long as he remains calm and controls his breathing.

Rawlins uses the forced scouting duty to get a good lay of the land for miles around. He commits the landscape to memory for later corroboration with the most recent maps available to him. Nothing stands out as a threat, so Rawlins angles back towards his team. Upon his return, he pulls out his new computer which @Carano had requisitioned for him and pours through the map data on hand for the local area.

Thusfar the mission hadn't been terribly exciting. There was an interesting show against some raiders at the start plus the usual army woes - malfunctioning equipment and that damned rift that Rawlins hadn't managed to get eyes on while scouting. Unfortunately, the less than water-worthy trailer wasn't the only malfunction to rear its head.

Shortly after crossing the rift, Rawlins' comms system went haywire. It wasn't encrypting properly, transmissions were static-y, and other signals would occasionally intermingle with the channel Rawlins had set the comms to. In times like these, there's one secret weapon that can be brought to bear...the user's manual.

No one ever reads the user manual, and they admittedly are full of tech jargon that can be hard to decipher, but those manuals are veritable anatomy and physiology textbooks for the equipment the CS Army utilizes. Fortunately, Rawlins is trained in tech-speak, so he deciphers the gobbledygook easily as he attempts to pin down the Mark IX's comms issue.

The major issue is that the encryption system is bugged. It somehow didn't get the latest update before leaving base and is unable to communicate properly with the rest of the vehicles. Even worse, communications from the team's Mark IX would be compromised until fixed. Rawlins worked with the support squad to synch his Mark IX's encryption data to the rest of their squad, and he manages to get the primary issue hot fixed.

The less pressing issue, comms quality, had to wait until the encryption was fixed. The receiver was damaged, and Rawlins didn't have the training or expertise to repair the hardware. Working with @Raleigh Ray Colton, Rawlins was able to go through the user manual with his superior and show him exactly what was needed. Not too long after, the comms system was up and running with an entirely functional, yet questionably executed, patch job.

'Not half damn bad for a backwoods hick from Eldorado...'
Private William Rawlins, Mutie Burster
William, Mutie Burster
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(9)

Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities
  • Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Everything Burns: When a Burster scores a raise on a damage-causing attack roll using one of their abilities, the target catches fire taking 3d6 damage until doused (see Fire in Savage Worlds).
  • Field Intel: She gains a free reroll versus Surprise and +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls made to detect location, activity, concealment, disposition, combat effectiveness, and movement of opposing forces.
    When checking to conceal forces or set ambushes, this Edge gives a +2 bonus to Electronics, Stealth, and Survival rolls.
    She also gains a +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls to encrypt/decrypt signals, find valuable documents, and glean data from enemy remains, equipment, or transmissions.
  • Friewalker: Bursters have Immunity to all sources of fire, heat, and plasma damage; he could take a dive into a river of lava and come out unscathed. He has Environmental Immunity to Heat and Fire environmental Hazards, and gains +4 on rolls to resist heat-based arcane effects. Bursters take −4 damage from lightning or electrical attacks as well as laser, ion, and particle beam weapons.
  • Major Psionic: Before attempting a Psionics skill roll, Major and Master Psionics may spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2
  • Thin Skinned: As a Minor Hindrance, he subtracts 2 when resisting Taunt attacks.
Wounds: 3/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 40/40
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
LoJack
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by LoJack »

LoJack kept to himself as the convoy exited the FOB. He did his best to stay still and not be to uncomfortable with the the confines in the Mark IX. When they were a safe distance from the FOB, he had welcomed the opportunity to be on his paws and feel the earth once again.

He felt kind of out of place. Their mission was for recon and he was used to hunting. He stood beside the Mark IX he had ridden in and realized that he would need to change his tactics a bit. Best get familiar with the unknown and unseen enemy as quickly as possible.

During one of his "rest breaks" ontop of the Mark IX he had been jostled awake as the APC lost it's trailer. While he was an excellent swimmer, he was just as grateful to have been dumped into the drink. He was waiting on the bank when the trailer was retrieved from the lake and helped to lift it as it was being repaired Southern style.

He traveresed and scouted ahead in the tunnel, although his thoughts were more like that the structure was manmade not creature made. LoJack had seen wrecks of large vehicles as he had criss-crossed North America. Thinking to himself, a semi truck or train, those could have easily used this access.

LoJack watched the interaction with the LT and the Psi-Stalker, having smelled the Psi-Stalker long before Corano had identified him. But LoJack afforded the LT her space to do what she would and did little if anything to interfere.

When they had come to the ravine, he had climbed down its length and then up the other side. It felt good to climb and he was able to find secure and stable hand holds as he climbed. He did his part and scouted for appropriate materials and a location that appaeared to be the most stable and shortest span across.

While the bridge was being built, LoJack went ahead and scouted the terrain on the ground and looked for any signs of potential ambush. While no ambush was insight, there was a noticeably sharp turn in a clearing a mile ahead of the ravine. One could consider it a switchback, almost. It was not something the Mark IX's would likely traverse very well.

LoJack was not present when the flash flood came through but he heard the timbered bridge get crushed and he headed back. The second Mark IX with its trailer had apparently just made it over the ravine with several different types of assistance. But pulling the trailer forward without moving the Mark IX it was attached to caused a great deal of stress on the hitch. This situation would be evident later when the APC were fully loaded and heading out along the trail after the ravine.

The sharp turn in the clearing was fine for every vehicle except the second APC. When it came and took the turn, the trailer hitch sheered away from the APC, not from the trailer itself. As soon as the trailer was detached it seemed that the APC picked up another 15 mph and had to swerve to avoid the hovercycles riding between the 1st APC and the 2nd one. The momentum sent the hovering trailer into the scrub a hundred feet or so, and outside of a few dents and scratches was otherwise fully functional.

LoJack helped guide the power armors to the resting spot of the trailer. Word from the convoy was that the hitch had sheered away from the Mark IX. Upon inspection of the trailer it was determined that the hitch was beyond repair, as it had twisted and warped. It would take a forge and a recasting in order to make use of the jitch. The power armors drug the hover trailer back to the Mark IX.

LoJack and a few of the other scouting types went searching through the clearing and the woods surrounding, maybe there would be something suitable to compesate for a hitch. Camp was set up for the night as the scouts went foraging.

So it was as the night was drawing nearer that those foraging came across an odd rise. What appeared to be a low hill turned out to be an earth covered pre-Rift truck. The entire thing had tipped over on its side. The metal frame of the trailer was still intact, shielded from the elements by layers of dirt. The tires were dry totted and fell away at the slightest touch. The cab was still hooked up to its trailer and both were laying on their right side.

LoJack got on the radio back to @Raleigh Ray Colton, "Colton, may need some of your engineering insights, but we may have found a solution to the hitch issue with the second Mark IX."

Colton was able to engineer a solution with @William Rawlins' help. Rawlins acting as a human arc welder and plasma torch. Something more than a jury rig and less appealling than after market modifications. The convoy was ready to roll out come day break.
Pvt CA78 - A851, "Lo/Jack 10851"
Pace: 6; Parry: 6 (7); Toughness:19 (8); Strain: 0;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Neural Mace
Vibro Knife
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Cassandra Maverick
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Cassandra Maverick »

Date: Traveling
Time: Evening
Temp: 20°, Cold outside.
Weather: Blizzard
Ley Line info: None
Location: Wilderness

The initial setting off with the team was rather exciting, but it soon turned to the typical military experience, a lot of endless boredom, on edge for anything that could happen, and a few moments of terrifying excitement, but nothing too out of their ability to handle.

As the only other woman on the team, Cassandra was bunked with Lieutenant Carano, a bit intimidating. She tried not to be in the LT’s way as much as possible, though given the cramped quarters of a Mark IX, it was inevitable.

Following the dunking of the trailer in the river, and then nearly losing the second APC in the ravine’s flash flood -- how that happened in the middle of winter in northern Minnesota, Cass didn’t know -- they were beset by a blizzard that reduced visibility to nearly nothing. They were forced to stop and hunker down.

“It’s gonna take forever to dig out of this,” Cass murmured, wiping frost from a window as they sat in the cramped crew compartment, but it didn’t help. That side of the Mark IX was windward and buried in snow.

“Your turn at watch, Maverick,” Freeman said.

“Yes, sir.” She stood up and put her hair back up in her ponytail, pulling on her armor and sealing it up again before grabbing her rifle and heading out into the blowing blizzard. She climbed to the top of the Mark IX for the vantage point, but the wind was strong enough that she had to crouch down against it. There wasn’t much to see in the near white out conditions, but her armor sensors could pierce the snow more readily than her eyes. Nothing seemed to move.

Then something tingled at the back of Cassandra’s neck. She looked around. To the leeward side of the Mark IX she spotted a silvery trail in the snow. She clicked on her comm.

“Captain? I’m picking up some magic out here,” Cassandra reported. “Permission to check it out?”

“Granted. But don’t go too far.”

Cassandra hopped down. The snow on this side of the Mark IX wasn’t too deep yet, only to her knees. She followed the silvery snow through the trees, seeing more the silver light up ahead, almost like moonlight, though the moon obviously couldn’t be seen tonight.

Then the trees gave way to a large clearing and Maverick pulled up with a gasp. A town filled the area. But beyond a certain line, there was no snow. Even the falling snow seemed to stop about a hundred feet above the tallest building of the town, almost like there was an invisible dome. Inside that area was bright and sunny. Cherry trees along the main street were in full, pink and white bloom, the blossoms dropping showers of petals on the townsfolk walking contentedly on the sidewalks, dressed in summer apparel.

Cassandra crouched down behind a tree trunk and watched. She clicked on her comm. “Sir, you don’t happen to recall there being any towns in this area, right?” she asked. “I think I found the source of the magic. Looks like a...fade town of some kind. But not on a ley line. Permission to check it out?”

“Keep your comm open. I’ll send backup.”

“Sorry, sir, but better not to spook the locals. One person in armor and with weapons is likely intimidating enough.

Cassandra stepped out from behind her tree and walked toward the line. There was only the tingle of magic as she passed from blizzard to warm, summer day. She took off her helmet and breathed in the fresh, non-recycled air filled with the aroma of cherry blossoms and sunshine.

“Welcome, stranger,” a voice with a bit of a drawl to it spoke, and Cass turned to see a handsome young man approaching her. He wore casual clothes, but he had a vest with a metal star on it.

“Um, thank you. And it’s Cassandra. Cassandra Maverick,” she introduced herself, keeping her rifle down, but ready.

“Nice to meet you, Ms, Maverick,” the young man returned. “I’m Sheriff Avery Young,” he introduced himself. “This is Lotusberry, and you’re more than welcome here, but I am gonna have to ask you to turn over your weapons. We got a no gun policy here. I’m hoping we can do this without a dust up.”

Cassandra frowned. She could already feel snowmelt trickling down her neck. “I’m not sure I can do that,” she said.

“I’m sorry to hear that, ma’am. But then I’m gonna have to ask you to leave.” He nodded to the blizzard outside. “Real shame. Looks cold and downright nasty out there. I bet you could use a warm bath and a hot meal at the Lotus.” He nodded toward the large building in the center of town.

“That does sound good,” Cassandra admitted. There wasn’t much for facilities in the Mark IX. Lukewarm was about all the small shower could manage, and that was if you were the first in line.

“You can pick your weapons up at my office when you leave,” Avery assured her.

Cassandra considered, and then nodded, lowering her rifle. It wasn’t like she would be helpless, and they had spares if she lost them. She would gain more intel by cooperating.

Avery smiled. “Glad to have you.” He led the way to the small sheriff’s office on the main street, a couple doors down from what he’d indicated from the Lotus. Cassandra noted a general goods store, a tailor, and other small shops, including a smithy. Maybe they could repair that trailer hitch.

In the office, a man slept in one of the cells, the smell of whiskey evident even from a distance. Avery gestured to a table beside a door marked Armory, and Cassandra began to divest herself. Avery gave a low whistle at the collection. He gestured when she went to remove her vibro-knife and short sword. “Just the sword. You can keep the knife.” He brought out a small book and wrote down the inventory, then tore the page out and handed it to Cassandra. “Receipt,” he told her, attaching tags to the weapons. “They’ll be here when you want to leave,” he told her, opening the armory door to put the weapons inside. “There’s also a ticket for a free drink at the Lotus. You have one week to enjoy. Best leave by then, otherwise you’ll be coming with us.”

“With you?” Cassandra asked. “Where?”

Avery shrugged. “No telling. Wherever the moon shines.”

Cassandra headed down to the Lotus, curious as to what she would find. The largest building in town turned out to be a luxury hotel, casino, and brothel, and the center of life in Lotusberry.

“You catching this, Captain?” Cassandra asked. All she got was static. She cursed. The magic barrier, obviously. She went to the bar for her free drink and tossed down a whiskey, feeling it warm her insides. Then she headed back out and across the barrier to re-establish communications.

***

Cassandra had lost track of time in the Lotus. It was a wave of blissful delight. They got the team vehicles parked outside the magical dome and the team checked into the Lotus, warm and comfortable. She currently sat naked in a hot tub with one of the young, attractive brothel boys who fed her fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate, sipping on some champagne.

“How you doing, Lieutenant?” Cass asked Carano, who was laid out on a table wearing just a towel and getting a massage from a pretty young brunette.

Carano just grunted.

Cassandra could tell the LT was enjoying herself. Just like the others, who were off enjoying the casino, or the delights of the brothel. There was a golf course, shows, a spa, anything you could imagine, even a waterpark.

Cassandra thought she could stay here forever.

***
Character Tracking
Cassandra Maverick Character Sheet
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 16 (8)
ISP: 35/35 Recovery: 10/hour
Conviction: YES
Bennies: 6/3
Powers: arcane protection, boost/lower Trait, conceal arcana, detect arcana, elemental manipulation, empathy, fear, mind reading, smite*, warrior’s gift*
Supply die: d6
CP-30 Laser Pistol: 30/30; 2 reloads (30 each)
CA-115 Pistol: 15/15 normal shot
  • 2 reloads silver plated rounds (15 each)
Rifle: 60/60; 3 reloads (60 each)
Frag grenades: 2
Smoke grenades: 2
IRMSS: 4/4
Mini first aid kit: 1/1
First aid kit: 3/3
Power Bars: 3 (1 day each)
Encumbrance: 76/60 (46/60 without pack)(-2 Pace, running, Agility, Agility skills, and Vigor vs Fatigue
Edges
  • Alter Aura: Mimic supernatural signature of any being
  • Danger Sense: +2 to detect ambushes and other such situations.
  • Expanded Awareness: Sense supernatural beings in line of sight with Notice check.
  • Major Psionic: Spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Master of Psionics: Free reroll on all Traite rolls using psionics abilities and Psionics skill. Does not apply to Critical Failures.
  • Mental Resistance: +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage. These effects stack with Arcane Resistance, arcane protection, and similar bonuses.
  • Rapid Recharge: Regain 10 ISP/h
  • The Quiet Life: +2 to resist fear, intimidation, and arcane powers that do those things.

User avatar
High Command
The Savage Inquisition
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by High Command »

Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out
  • Date: Thursday, January 15, 110 PA
    Time: 1600 by end of post
    Temp: 5°, Bitterly Cold outside. A few inches of of snow from last night.
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None near FOB Delian
    Location: January 15, 110 Encounter Zone
Carano wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:37 pm
He grins at her, the same unnerving grin as always. “Yup, that’s what they tell me. But they also tell me I’m a decent scout, and you folks are heading towards a mess, if you aren’t careful…”
Sly looks serious for a minute. "So a few days north of here, we ran into some strange dinosaurs. All of them had this weird growth on their noggins. Looks like a big old brain grew out of their heads and then grew spikes and chitin. It's no more vulnerable to damage than the rest of them - we've pretty well confirmed that. The strange thing is how many different species I've seen with the change. Ankylosaurus, Allosaurus, Tiger Claw Raptor, a bloody Tri-Tops - as if the first three weren't bad enough, and more I didn't recognize at first. They are also completely sentient and mean as hell. One of our guys is good with dinosaurs, connecting with their minds. When he connected, it talked back in this alien kind of way. It was like reading a Xiticix's mind, but different. I don't know how they came to be, but you all need to be careful. You see one like that tailing you, take it out quick. They are deadly in packs and they use advanced tactics. We had a pack of raptors damn near kill us."

If she brings up that dinosaurs aren't that common in the winter, he nods. "These dinos seem to have no issue with the cold - not a single shiver among them. The ones we killed, we skinned. Ended up not keeping it. Meat smelled wierd and the skin was an off color on the inside. Also their pheremones were on overdrive. We could smell them a good distance away. Your psi-hounds will smell them before any one else will, so if they start complaining about something smelling funny, check your perimeter."

With a host of wierd and strange events happening to them, the squads have yet to lay eyes on the Xiticix or indeed anything strikingly out of the ordinary - with the exception of their last night before the events they would all remember vividly. That night suddenly they were in a town, and yet no one really knows how, nor why they woke up refreshed with no recollection of how they got back, nor any signs they left. Logs were made, notes collected, but otherwise they put it behind them, remembering a very relaxing evening.

But as strange as this would be, they soon put this out of their mind. The reason being a rather large swarm of Xiticix that force the column to close ranks pull everyone in and simply trudge through - following the Holmes Doctrine. The suddenness of the swarm makes no sense at first, and it takes two days for them at a snail's pace to clear the Xiticix forces.

Of course this was part of the point of their patrol - to find and confirm the ever expanding limits of Xticix aggression. A beacon is planted which repeats in coded signals the relative positions and strength of the Xiticix. Such beacons are common, used to report the change in the borders of the bugs. Using hovercycle and skycycle scouting, plus long range surveillance, Rawlins, with Freeman overseeing, is eventually able to put together a reasonable center for the aggression - a new hive. Long range communication with base camp relays this and even garners a surveilance flyby. Rawlins' predictions turn out to be near spot on. He missed the position by less than a mile - not bad for no one able to put a reliable bead on the hive itself.

The fledgling hive itself mapped and the borders of its territory found and marked with beacons, the two squads move north. They begin seeing dinosaurs and the psi-hounds from Second Squad begin sounding off about odd smells on the wind. A general alert status is adopted by the two squads, and everyone is on edge. As the group enters a bit of road running between two hills, Freeman sends the skycycles, fast flying power armor, and hovercycles upwards to give a warning in case canny predators use those same hills as an ambush point. Jaxton is kept close to the column on the ground, so he can meet any aggression first hand.



It's late in the day as the action starts, with long shadows. The valley they are travelling through is several miles long. The first mile will be represented by a quick encounter as several Mutant Allosaurus charge the lines and are driven off. This represents at least 30 minutes of action.

Dangerous Combat Encounter
Suggested Skills: Shooting, Fighting, Piloting, Electronics (Sensor operators), Notice (Look outs), Psionics (to represent power use, no ISP required), Weird Science (to represent using some gadget, no PP required)
Stakes: If characters fail their roll in a dangerous situation they take a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If they're the driver/pilot of a vehicle or Robot Combat Vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure). Wounds may be Soaked as usual. Success means the heroes emerge with only Bumps & Bruises (SWADE page 125), and a raise means they escape unscathed.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.

User avatar
Mitch McDonald
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Mitch McDonald »

OOC Comments
1d10+2: [1]+2 = 3
1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4

Benny
1d10+2: [1]+2 = 3
1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4
Mitch enters the fray, the Hellraiser duking it out with an Allasauros when the beast slaps it's tale, knocking the Hellraiser down for a moment. Mitch shakes his head to clear it, and then leaps to his feet, grabbing the dinosaur in a choke hold as the nearby infantry peppers it with their assault rifles. Finally it goes limp and Mitch drops it, looking for his next target.
Dice rolls
1d10+2: [4]+2 = 6
1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by John Freeman »


Notice 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11


Moving through the valley is tricky business. High sides, covered in strange alien overgrowth make for very little warning before an attack. When the first dinosaur breaks cover the squad is momentarily taken aback, but recovers quickly. While the fight off the first wave, Freeman coordinates with the dog boys in the unit to try and smell the mutant dinosaurs before they strike. The sniffers find the dinos and Freeman plots them on the battle map inside the command APC. It doesn't take him long to notice what they're doing, and to be horrified. The level of coordination is astounding. Fortunately, he knows what they are up to, "Look sharp they are herding us toward another attack vector. Feign compliance but shift rail guns to the right flank and drill that stand of alien roughage before they can spring their trap. They'e smart and have numbers, but we've got range and firepower."
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Ivan Wolfheart
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Ivan Wolfheart »

Fancy Flying, 17
Piloting: 1d10!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Benny for fun, with Elan
Piloting, add 2: 1d10!!: [15!!] = 15
WD Piloting, add 2: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Ivan is the first on point and the first to spot the allosaurus pack. He radios back to the column. "Wild mutant allosaurus pack spotted. They're...watching us. It's an ambush! Permission to fire!"
He needs little provocation to attack these tainted creatures, his normal affinity for beasts triggering nothing with the monstrosities. As soon as the order is given, Wolfheart opens up with withering and precise laser fire. The twisted dinosaurs are relentless and uncannily intelligent, considering their species. A few manage to get close to the column, but Ivan is a top notch pilot. A danger-close flyby of a rampaging allosaurus gives him a chance to count coup and take a swipe. Screaming in at full throttle, he takes aim at the beast. At well in excess of 100 MPH, the margin for error is exactly nil. Friendly fire, screaming dinosaurs, and utter mayhem reign, but Ivan Wolfheart is as cold as ice. "Ghost Rider requesting flyby!" His vambrace lances out, skewering the allosaurus through the spine. The creature immediately goes limp and falls, lifeless, within feet of the command APC. The head, carried by the pure velocity of the strike, lands several yards away, next to @JAXSON, Antone. "Hell of a party, boys! What's next?!"
Ivan Wolfheart
Ivan Wolfheart
Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8 with vambraces)
Toughness: 23 (10)
Armor: CA-4 Dead Boy with Greatcoat
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Dodge, Elan, Ace/Combat Ace, Born to Ride / Live to Ride, Quick, Level Headed
Current Status Post

User avatar
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Chaffed at being held back Jaxson is tense with restrained aggression. Watching closely he sees @Ivan Wolfheart rocket forward to engage. Now that the battle is on Jaxson keys his mic "The big one at 2 o'clock is mine."
Jaxson pushes his jet pack to the limit. 'Damn stealth pack is too slow. Sure it's quiet but slow."
Ivan get's to his target first and kills it claming first blood. Jaxson screams in frustration and activates his vibro vambraces. He had been angling up as he rushed to engage the target. Now he adjust his attack and dived at the dinosaur. Placing his arms straight out in front of him with the right hand slightly lower, Jaxson begins an inverted roll. Impacted the dinosaur just below the second rib, Jaxson clipped the sternum throwing off his trajectory. In a wild tumble inside the dinosaurs chest Jaxson tried to keep pushing forward and regain control. He slammed into the 5th rib and rocketed over sideways before pushing through the muscle and skin into the outside world again. Spinning wildly out of control Jaxson slammed into another dinosaur. Gathering his wits, Jaxson plunged both vambraces into the beast and activated his secret weapon. The dinosaur began to spasm before going rigid and collapsing to the ground.
Shaking is head clear Jaxson scans his armor and systems. No major damage but he is covered in viscera and has several dents in his armor. Laughing that he is still alive ha says "Man I love this new body."
Fighting 11
Hit them with the left hand 1d10!!+4: [7]+4 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Rank: Novice-2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”

User avatar
Carano
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Carano »

Hearing @John Freeman's orders, Carano barks out a couple of her own, getting her people in the right positions to be useful.

Being a lieutenant isn't all that different from being a sergeant all of a sudden, she thinks, the familiar hum of combat filling the air around her.

When the dinos get close enough, she sees her team begin to luck their way into not dying and @JAXSON, Antone somehow goes through one of the giant carnivores.

"Oh, come on," she mutters to herself, watching the display.

Shouldering her CA-14,
Shooting 1d10!+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Wild 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3
and funneling the enemies as instructed.

Raise on Shooting.
Lt. Maeve Carano
Pace: 8; Parry: 7, 9 w/CA-14 Equipped; Toughness: 22 (9)
Edges/Notes: Dodge (-2 to be hit by Ranged attacks)
Maeve Character Sheet

User avatar
Cassandra Maverick
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Cassandra Maverick »

Psionics 4; 1 success
Psionics 1d12!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Free reroll
Psionics 1d12!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Date: Thursday, January 15, 110 PA
Time: 1600
Temp: 5°, Bitterly Cold outside. A few inches of snow from last night.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
Ley Line info: None near FOB Delian
Location: Near Salol, Manitoba

Cassandra jumped out of the transport with the others as the dinosaurs attacked. This was crazy! What were they doing this far north, and in the cold? Cass stayed near Carano, trying to be in the middle of the pack. She took a few shots with her rifle, but mostly she was there to support. She overclocked Carano’s hand-eye coordination, making her shoot more accurately. She did the same for Ivan as he flew loops around the dinosaurs. As Jaxson went into a dinosaur, she fortified his body so he could make it out.

Once everyone was boosted, Cass turned her attention to the dinosaurs themselves. If they had such big brains, and were sentient, that meant they had nightmares. Cassandra could use that. She tapped into one of them, stimulating its amygdala and sending it fleeing, shrieking in fear.

***
Character Tracking
Cassandra Maverick Character Sheet
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 16 (8)
ISP: 35/35 Recovery: 10/hour
Conviction: YES
Bennies: 7/3
Powers: arcane protection, boost/lower Trait, conceal arcana, detect arcana, elemental manipulation, empathy, fear, mind reading, smite*, warrior’s gift*
Supply die: d6
CP-30 Laser Pistol: 30/30; 2 reloads (30 each)
CA-115 Pistol: 15/15 normal shot
  • 2 reloads silver plated rounds (15 each)
Rifle: 60/60; 3 reloads (60 each)
Frag grenades: 2
Smoke grenades: 2
IRMSS: 4/4
Mini first aid kit: 1/1
First aid kit: 3/3
Power Bars: 3 (1 day each)
Encumbrance: 76/60 (46/60 without pack)(-2 Pace, running, Agility, Agility skills, and Vigor vs Fatigue
Edges
  • Alter Aura: Mimic supernatural signature of any being
  • Danger Sense: +2 to detect ambushes and other such situations.
  • Expanded Awareness: Sense supernatural beings in line of sight with Notice check.
  • Major Psionic: Spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Master of Psionics: Free reroll on all Traite rolls using psionics abilities and Psionics skill. Does not apply to Critical Failures.
  • Mental Resistance: +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage. These effects stack with Arcane Resistance, arcane protection, and similar bonuses.
  • Rapid Recharge: Regain 10 ISP/h
  • The Quiet Life: +2 to resist fear, intimidation, and arcane powers that do those things.

User avatar
Carano
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Carano »

Carano brings additional troops around to provide supporting fire and keep the dinos moving. When she is sure they are heading the right way, she radios @John Freeman, Okay, Captain, firing on the roughage now."

With that, she signals the rail gunners and they begin to methodically shred the vegetation and anything that might be hiding in it with supersonic tungsten rounds from a distance.

Who needs lumberjacks when you've got rail guns?
Lt. Maeve Carano
Pace: 8; Parry: 7, 9 w/CA-14 Equipped; Toughness: 22 (9)
Edges/Notes: Dodge (-2 to be hit by Ranged attacks)
Maeve Character Sheet

User avatar
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Jaxson continues to devastate the dinos, showing them no mercy. Before long he is covered in gore. He becomes relentless running back and forth in every increasingly erratic patterns. "Danny ..... .... .... Danny... .... .... .. Danny where are you? Sgt Malcolm, I can't find Danny, Williams and Diego are dead. I am pinned down. They have 3 walkers and at least 2 greater demons. Send support. Danny ....... Danny ......" Abruptly Jaxson falls the ground and lays there unmoving.
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Rank: Novice-2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”

User avatar
Carano
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Carano »

JAXSON, Antone wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:55 am
Jaxson continues to devastate the dinos, showing them no mercy. Before long he is covered in gore. He becomes relentless running back and forth in every increasingly erratic patterns. "Danny ..... .... .... Danny... .... .... .. Danny where are you? Sgt Malcolm, I can't find Danny, Williams and Diego are dead. I am pinned down. They have 3 walkers and at least 2 greater demons. Send support. Danny ....... Danny ......" Abruptly Jaxson falls the ground and lays there unmoving.
Carano sees Jaxson go down and curses. Oh, not again! Leaving cover, she kicks in her jet boosters and covers the ground between them in a series of long jumps.

"On your feet, Jaxson. You can die on your own time." With an effort, she manages to get the cyborg upright, but even with her augmented strength he is hard to move. She lets a couple of grenades fly at dinos who get a little too close for comfort, and she signals for help.

Dammit. Why did you have to go and put on a couple of tons since the last time I pulled you out of the fire?

"I swear to Prosek, if you don't wake up right this damned second, I am having them make you an officer posthumously. Don't test me."
Lt. Maeve Carano
Pace: 8; Parry: 7, 9 w/CA-14 Equipped; Toughness: 22 (9)
Edges/Notes: Dodge (-2 to be hit by Ranged attacks)
Maeve Character Sheet

User avatar
William Rawlins
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:05 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by William Rawlins »

Rawlins coordinates with freeman in the APC to keep the battlemap up to date with hostile locations. Moment to moment updates from the radar and comms chatter give the captain everything he needs to command the battle and set up for the counter-ambush.

Rawlins considers the timing needed for him to fly from the APC to where the dino's were herding his team towards the ambush and leaves with moments to spare. He blasts into the air at top speed and makes a fly-by just as the shit's supposed to hit the fan. Getting a good look the first time through, he turns and
Psionics: 1d10!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!: [1] = 1
Wounds: 1d4: [3] = 3


Rawlins, high on adrenaline and a little overeager to prove himself an asset in the field, unleashes a deluge a what might as well be napalm all over the field. He cuts the stream off when he reaches where his teammates should be and turns around for a second pass.

There's a reason the CS doesn't like psychics and especially magic users. Rawlins’ aim was good and most of the direct fire was concentrated on the dinosaurs, but the sheer heat and destruction wrought by full-power burster flames spread like, well, a wildfire and complicated the battlefield.

Rawlins hurtles himself into the flaming hellscape to make sure none of his team finds themselves in danger form his blunder. Touching down is the last thing he remembers. Something large, powerful and probably hungry attacked him, and it was not gentle.
Private William Rawlins, Mutie Burster
William, Mutie Burster
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(9)

Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities
  • Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Everything Burns: When a Burster scores a raise on a damage-causing attack roll using one of their abilities, the target catches fire taking 3d6 damage until doused (see Fire in Savage Worlds).
  • Field Intel: She gains a free reroll versus Surprise and +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls made to detect location, activity, concealment, disposition, combat effectiveness, and movement of opposing forces.
    When checking to conceal forces or set ambushes, this Edge gives a +2 bonus to Electronics, Stealth, and Survival rolls.
    She also gains a +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls to encrypt/decrypt signals, find valuable documents, and glean data from enemy remains, equipment, or transmissions.
  • Friewalker: Bursters have Immunity to all sources of fire, heat, and plasma damage; he could take a dive into a river of lava and come out unscathed. He has Environmental Immunity to Heat and Fire environmental Hazards, and gains +4 on rolls to resist heat-based arcane effects. Bursters take −4 damage from lightning or electrical attacks as well as laser, ion, and particle beam weapons.
  • Major Psionic: Before attempting a Psionics skill roll, Major and Master Psionics may spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2
  • Thin Skinned: As a Minor Hindrance, he subtracts 2 when resisting Taunt attacks.
Wounds: 3/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 40/40
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Carano
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by Carano »

William Rawlins wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:29 pm
Rawlins hurtles himself into the flaming hellscape to make sure none of his team finds themselves in danger form his blunder. Touching down is the last thing he remembers. Something large, powerful and probably hungry attacked him, and it was not gentle.
Carano sees Rawlins fireworks show and then his predicament, but isn't close enough to reach the young burster while also overloaded with @JAXSON, Antone's dead weight. "Frak!"

She gets on comms and orders a fire team, no pun intended, over to Rawlins' position to see if they can pull their arcane asset out of the fire. That pun, of course, was intended, and she could hear a little chuckle in response. It was good to keep things light when she could, even in combat.
Lt. Maeve Carano
Pace: 8; Parry: 7, 9 w/CA-14 Equipped; Toughness: 22 (9)
Edges/Notes: Dodge (-2 to be hit by Ranged attacks)
Maeve Character Sheet

User avatar
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Going rigid Jaxson starts yelling into the radio "Smitty where are? Someone help Smitty. They got him." Ripping himself free of @Carano Jaxson brings up his rail gun and dumps the belt into the firestorm and charges forward. When the weapon is empty Jaxson hurls it to the ground flexes his claws and lets lose a blood curling scream as he is lost in the smoke and flames of the firestorm.
Those bastards killed Smitty
Rail Gun 1d8+1!!: [7]+1 = 8 Wild die 1d6+1!!: [4]+1 = 5
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Rank: Novice-2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”

User avatar
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Operation: Ear to the Door: Move Out

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Fitting his way to @William Rawlins slaughter an unknown number of foes. They were everywhere. As fast as he will kill the damn demons more would spawn. There were too many. Keying his mic Jaxson radioed for help "Command, this is private Jaxson, Light Cav 104th, alpha company. WE are pinned down by heavy fire from unknown number of tangos. Officers and all NCOs dead. We need close air support now. I repeat we need close air support now. We are 4 klicks due west of the arch." Receiving no response Jaxson grabbed @William Rawlins and said "Damn Smitty, the comms are down. We are on our own. I will get us clear damn it. You just hang in there. The federation better hope I never get my hands on that damn burster." Igniting his jet pack Jaxson leaped into the air carrying Rawlings in his arms. But the jet pack was already overheated and something was blocking the intakes. The pack sputtered and went offline and Jaxson slammed back into the ground with a crunch.
Piloting failure, 1 woound
Piloting to grab Smitty and clear the fire storm 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild die 1d4!: [2] = 2
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Rank: Novice-2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”

Post Reply

Return to “CS: 17th SOG: Missions”