GoldenEye

We're under contract. Time to deliver the goods.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Decker receives a notification from one of his electronic dead drops. Ms. Gray. You don’t know much about Ms. Gray other than the fact that she’s a senior Northern Gun employee.she chedules a meet for tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. at Anthony’s, a nice Italian restaurant in the Gold district. You split the group up and each grouping arrives at different times having taken different routes. The Maitre D whisks you away to a private dining room where Ms. Gray and her ever present bodyguard Kali await. Jill is in her mid to late forties and obviously makes an effort (or has paid for some expensive gene therapy) to remain in peak physical condition. Kali on the other hand is a freak of nature, she stands nearly two meters tall and does not have an ounce of fat on her. You suspect she is cybered up as well but have never seen any proof of that.

After you order and exchange the usual pleasantries (and sign the typical NDA agreements) you get down to business.

Jill speaks with confidence and never minces her words. She is the consumate professional.

”48 hours ago Dolan Webb, a Jr. VP in the R&D Department, went missing. We sent out the usual people to try and locate him, but he is nowhere to be found. While it is tragic when one of our scores of VP’s go missing, even if he only has the job because of his family connections, even more tragic is the fact that he was testing an early prototype of our next generation cyber-eye. This eye is roughly 3 percent faster than the next competitor, which of course is easily worth a hundred million credits. We are offering 1,000,000 credits for the safe return of the eye. If you can find Mr. Webb as well, he’s worth another 100,000 credits. You know, if there’s time. You have 48 hours to recover the eye, but after that I will be forced to open the bounty up to more people. From working with your group previously, I trust that this will not be an issue and of course your discretion is much appreciated. What do you say?"

Instructions

Do you accept the mission? Do you try to negotiate the price? Do you have any other pertinent questions? If so now is the time to accept/bargain/ask. I’ll leave this up for a week or until everyone has answered or declined to answer, and then we will move on.

If there are any questions or concerns, the best way to contact me is via Dischord.
Bonus opportunity

Roll on a Heroes Journey table of your choice. If you write an interlude about a time that you or the group worked for Ms. Gray in the past and incorporate the result of your roll into the interlude, you may keep the result. You may not benny this roll.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Mille Visage
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille looks to her companions; assuming no one indicates an immediate objection, she proceeds with the opening negotiations.

"As you note, time is of the essence--but you obviously aren't doing a widespread call for this right away, even though that would certainly speed along your recovery. You came to us, and us alone, because as badly as you want the eye back, you also want its existence kept as mum as possible, to avoid having to deal with further issues like this, and also just to be able to take the market by storm when it does come out. And our team, if not the best, is at least the best you can bring to bear in short notice. So I think it's reasonable for us to ask for something specific, as well--if we keep the eye itself from becoming grist for the rumor mill, we get a bonus. Also, I want to ask for an expenses clause--ammunition if the situation turns hot, repairs to any gear damaged in the course of executing the contract--that one could be done either through a voucher to an NG repair shop, or as a straight credit payment we would use to take to the repair shop of our choice, you can decide that--and, of course, incentives for information gathering. Naturally, we would provide proof of any such transactions, to make sure you can justify the expense report." She considers a bit further. "Also, I should stress that the payment you're offering would only cover the materiel and the individual; if we come across additional information in the course of our investigation (such as the identities and purposes of those behind the disappearance), you would have to negotiate a separate price for that, upon the eye's return."


Discretion Bonus Negotiation; Raise = 10%
Persuasion 1d10!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Free Reroll from Charismatic
Persuasion 1d10!!+1: [23!!]+1 = 24
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Raise! Woohoo!
*****************************************
HJ Roll

Experience & Wisdom: 1d20: [19] = 19

19 = Choice = 7-8 Danger Sense
Ms. Grey looked up from the mission report Mille had handed her. "I must say, Ms. Visage, that this wasn't exactly what I expected when I hired you to negotiate terms between two of the car-park gangs."

Mille shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, I know. Wasn't what I had in mind, either. I set up the meet in good faith, and one side followed all the terms of the meet. It's not my fault the other gang pulled an ambush, and I was just lucky enough to see it coming. I felt it fully appropriate to give a warning to the side that was acting in good faith, and of course, when the treacherous team decided to include me in the ambush, my own associates came to my assistance. Fortunately, no bystanders were injured, and even the property damage was kept to a minimum. And the territorial dispute is certainly settled, as the surviving members of the second gang have fled the parking zone entirely; I was able to persuade the remaining group to only claim that portion of the territory they could easily cover, and then negotiate terms with neighboring groups from a position of strength."

"How did you spot that ambush? I've reviewed the video footage of the combat, and the hit team was pretty much invisible."

Mille chuckled. "Oh, a thousand little things; it would be hard to say which one confirmed to me it was an ambush, though. Everything from tells in their expressions when we set up the meet in the first place to the lack of small animals in the area when I arrived with the other group. Even the way the shadows lay when we arrived was, in itself, suspicious--they'd set the location and time for the meet, and I realized the way some of the vechicles were laid out created pretty solid cover. And my MOH picked up some heat rising from behind some of the vehicles, as well."

The blonde woman pursed her lips in response. "I can't help but note that the first gang, the ones who played by your rules and came out of this smelling like roses, were also the current incarnation of the very same gang you were leading when you were recruited to NG so many years ago." It wasn't a question, but an implication. Mille wasn't offended--several departments in NG practically had 'meaningful innuendo' as a second language.

She replied with a sincere smile. "Well, isn't that why you hired me? Because of my connections with, and knowledge of, the local gangs? You can hardly complain about getting what you asked for."

Ms. Grey chuckled. "Touche," she acknowledged, and passed over the credstick.
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Decker taps idly on the table. He mutters under his breath to whoever is next to him. "Bet there's nothing that eye's seen that's worth the extra cred. Course not. Just a faster eye. Sure." He sits back in his chair as @Mille Visage begins her standard negotiations. It was always best to let her work. She's shrewd. Gets the best prices for their work. Vinnie inevitably gets fodder for the blog, too. "I'll hit the normal spots. Finding a big noise in R&D shouldn't be that hard. We find the eye in under 24 hours, we get a bonus?"
HJ - Psionics
HJ: 1d20: [9] = 9 - New Power from Mind Melter list: Invisibility
A while ago

She's definitely savvy. It's one thing to broadwave a call out to R1cKy-T!kK. It's something else to pinpoint him and offer him a gig. He buttons up his mind, remarking to the fellow next to him. "Guess this noise at NG needs something done big and way quiet. Who else tries to find a legend like R1cKy-T!kK for a simple intel job? I bet Tik ain't even hungry." Not even this source knows who he's sitting next to. Still, the younger man nods and affirms. "Ricky's out of her league anyway. What do you think she wants though?"

Decker scoffs. "Probably some dirt on a company rival. You know how the corporate types are. Smile in your face while they get somebody to plant the knife in your back. They ain't got the bytes to do it themselves. Maybe she's got her sights set higher. Wonder what her deal is." He puzzles over the computer screen for a minute. "Breezy, wanna make a soda run? On me this time." Breezy nods excitedly and jumps up to leave the room. "Sure, Vinnie. I got you!"

He'll be gone at least 10 minutes. Let me just delve this "Ms. Gray" and see what's up. Northern Gun senior exec. CV...accomplishments. Blah blah. Not bad to look at. Either daddy's connected or she slept her way...what's this...HOLY SCRAG!
As soon as he moves deeper into the system for the real dirt, massive security descends. A pro like Vinnie Decker, a.k.a. R1cKy-T!kK, doesn't get red-handed like this. Nobody has this kind of HCM. Tik even delved some of Prosek's personal files one time and didn't see anything this heavy.

He's made.

A simple message flashes across the screen:
We know where you are.
You will be ID'ed.
Do the job or do a turn for every charge.


Decker grits his teeth. I gotta fled. Before he can pack his gear, though, his own mental security goes off. Micro-drones inbound and from all directions. There is no getting out of this.
"Scrag. Scrag! SCRAG. I'm pinched. I'm dead. How...nuh-uh. Not me. Think, man. Focus." Retreating into his mind, he forces his powerful psyche to try to reach out to all of the drones. There are simply too many to get before they get to him. Sweat pours from his brow as he pulls back further into his subconscious. He hears the drones enter the room. They flit and flutter about, searching high and low, scanning for the hacker they've been sent for. Vinnie holds his breath. Surely they've pinged him and sent it to the security squad down the street.
They buzz intermittently, straining their sensors....until they leave. Decker opens his eyes and looks around. No drones. No security. How did they not see him? Every one of those things has state of the art sensor tech. He should've been made a thousand times over.

He flips open his mini-comp and sends a message back.
You don't make R1cKy-T!kK. T!kK makes you. Drone again and I ruin NG. I'll do the job, price agreed. First and last. Separate ways.
A minute passes. Another incoming message. Your target's name and vitals are uploaded. Plant these files on his personal drive. Ping his wife. Business concluded. Cred will be loaded when done.
Under his breath, the perplexed, but relieved, Vincent Paul Decker curses. "Fraggin' corporations."
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Ms. Gray accepts Mille's counter offer without any hesitation.

Ms. Gray smiles, clearly enjoying the back and forth. "You can only get so much blood from a stone, Mr. Decker. No additional bonus for time frame."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shrugs. "Can't say no if we don't ask and we don't know how much blood's in the stone until we squeeze. No big. We'll find it. And him, if he ain't turned into liquid and dumped in a river." He responds coolly, but he is more than a little concerned with the level of security that surrounds Ms. Gray. He's hacked high military before like it was open source. This woman is protected from up on high by the prince of darkness and The Plague. Vinnie never works for anyone he hasn't delved the whole smash on. This one is different. Way scary. "He didn't get liquefied and dumped in the river, did he?" He snickers, but it's definitely covering an elevated sense of self-preservation.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

"Liquified...dumped in river...we still find." Mask was sitting a little off to one side, where she could see everyone as per her usual custom. Her English was accented with a sort of Slavic-sounding dialect. The white porcelain mask covering her face had markings painted on it with a thin sort of water-soluble paint that she changed frequently, though those with a sharp eye would note it was less a 'mask' and more a sort of stylized faceplate for the suit she was wearing. It fitted on with an airtight seal.

She glanced at Vinnie, and while nothing of her expression could be seen, there was a smile in her tone.

"I have ways."

Then Mask reached out and tapped the table twice in rapid staccato. "Where last seen? We start there."

Interlude and HJ roll
Hero's Journey 1d20: [19] = 19

Yes, there's an interlude coming, it's really late right now! :)
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Robert takes a pull of his cigarette, and lets out the smoke by tilting his head back and blowing into the air. (He's at least a little bit considerate). Do you have the initial LP report? Knowing what you have done will help prevent duplicate work."
Persuasion: d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild: d6!!: [4] = 4


Interlude:
Underworld Black Ops HJ: d20: [14] = 14

Robertis reminded of one of his previous jobs when he was an LP officer himself. There was another prototype that was stolen going on 8 years or so ago. He was sitting at his desk filling out some paperwork of a recent arrest for owning alien equipment. He was called into his Capt. office. When he entered, there was his Capt. sitting at her desk and sitting in the chair across from her was a woman in her mid to late 30's. She had an aura of someone in charge. Sit down Mr. Lewis" Robert takes his seat, both curious and nervous as to what is happening. "Mr. Lewis, Mrs. Gray is here to give you your next assignment."

"Mr. Lewis," Mrs. Gray, speaks with authority that she owns this whole place and you do not tell her no. "NG needs you. What I am about to tell you does no leave this room, understand? Robert replies, "yes ma'am". "Good, You will be reassigned to my team for this mission." Mrs. Gray gives Robert a folder who then opens it up and starts reviewing the documentation inclosed. "One of prototype Sonor pods has been stolen during transport. Fortunatly, we know who did it."

"If you know who did it, why not send in a strike team?" Asked Robert.

"We know who did it, not where they are. That is where you come in. The thieves are a simple gang, who may not know what they have, but time is of the essence. The gang is the White Sharks. They are based somewhere on Lake Michigan. Your job is to infiltrate the gang, find out their base and ensure the sensor pod is returned undamaged. Any questions?"

"No Ma'am" Mrs. Gray leaves the office with no other instructions. Robert looks at his Capt.

"Don't screw this up Robert." With that warning, Robert leaves the office and gets ready.

Robert gets dressed up as a normal thug, and uses his connections to locate someone who is able to get him into the Sharks. The Sharks are not interested in taking Robert at first. He was able to convince the Eels (a rival gang) to attack the Sharks. Robert was able to jump in and save the Sharks, thus the Sharks are wanting him in. Robert quickly learns that many of the Sharks speak French, as this gang is based in Quebec. With the help of NG effectively blockading the Michigan river, and Robert was able to enlist the EELs to repeatedly attack the Sharks. With the blockade, the Sharks was unable to bring in or export people or supplies. This allowed Robert to rise in the organization and locate the Sonor. By this time, it had been 3 to 4 weeks, NG was getting nervous that the prototype had already been shipped off. Robert was able to assure the assault team that the prototype was still on the peninsula and could still get it out. Once he was finally given enough access to view the sonor, Robert was able to confirm that the prototype was still in good condition. Robert coordinated one final EEL assault and for the NG assault team to attack. This would eliminate two gangs at one time. When the time came, the EELs attacked as planned, Robert was able to maneuver to protect the prototype. When the Sharks looked like they are going to win the fight, Robert radioed the NG assault team to sweep in. With the new attack, Robert used the new diversion and the cover to take the prototype back to NG for recovery. As Robert pulls into a covered dock in a warehouse, there stood Mrs. Gray.

"Welcome back Mr. Lewis. You eventually got the mission done, it would have been nice to have this back much sooner." Robert lifts the prototype onto the dock, Mrs. Gray and some engineers open it up and start to inspect it. After several minutes, the engineers converse with Mrs. Gray and gives a slight smile. "Well Mr. Lewis, it looks like mission accomplished. The prototype is in working order. You could have done this faster, but we'll work on that in your future missions. Welcome to Recovery."
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shifts his eyes over to @Mask. "I probably don't even wanna know. Maybe we hope he ain't liquefied anyway, just because that sounds nasty?"
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

"liquidfrying him would be the easiest and cleanest method of getting the eye out. With it being so soon, I would not expect that. They are probably getting performance baselines before removing the product. But we don't have much time."
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on the table crossing his ankles. "This here talk of liquifyin seems a little premature if you ask me. We don't even know yet if this VP is the victim or the perpetrator. How about we don't make asses out of ourselves by assumin anything just yet."

Cocking an eye at Ms Grey he goes on, "The lady Mask does raise a good point though. Where was the last time this VP of yours was last seen? We'll want a dossier on him either way. I figure your folks probably checked all the usual haunts but it can't hurt to be sure. I've found the best place to hide is somewhere someone already looked."

Tipping his hat back Jack moves on to the main event. "More importantly from your point of view is when did you all notice that the eye had gone missing? Do you have a list of any and all personnel that would have had access to the eye and also were in the facility? We'll be wantin that list ASAP if you don't mind. We'll need to check everybody that coulda had a hand in this here heist. If there are any pertinent A/V files related to the disappearance we'd like to take a look at those too."

Stopping for a moment Jack rubs his chin and adds one more comment to the pot. "Last thing is not least, anything that we could use to identify this here eye as the genuine product would be helpful too. Don't think anyone here really wants to be wasting time chasing down a fake if we don't have to."

1d20: [9] = 9
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10
User avatar
Finn Regan
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Finn Regan »

Fin sits with his feet up on the table rubbing the stubble on his chin while the other yammer. They would get the intel needed for the job, in the meantime he started thinking through the various scenarios: grab, defection, or plain old accident. Pretty even odds on each of them. Gray was solid, not bad looking either, so the job was likely clean, but you never know.

"Hey, how do we pick up this kids trail? Your eye don't happen to have an asset tag does it? Something we can track it with. Otherwise, we'll need some info on the young turk. Home address, office, associates, all that jazz. Clock's ticking so pony up and we can get a move on."
HJ
Underworld & Black Ops 1d20: [20] = 20
Dirty Fighter
Whatever it takes. Not really the motto of the CS commando corps, but Finn holds it as his own personal motto. Get the job done, whatever it takes.

That job wasn't easy. Naruni had hired some alien outfit from off-world to kidnap this engineer from NG R&D who had figured out how to backwards engineer some of their stuff. Nobody protects their secrets like Naruni. No doubt the ugly son-of-a-mother holding the engineer was going to take him back to some alien lab to lombotomize him and figure out if he made any copies. Which he did. Finn knew their were copies. It would take NG years to figure it all out without their rock star scientist, but they'd have the data.

So there is was. The cold calculus of corporate espionage.

Without thinking Finn whipped out his pistol and fired...at the engineer!

Chaos ensued as the Naruni goons started to scramble. Kicking his jet pack on Finn burst into the air, blasting blindly behind him. The engineer was better off now anyway and the secrets of his extra copies died with him. It was a costly win, but a win.

That's how you played the game though. By doing whatever it takes.
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

@Finn Regan "Don't blow your wig, no point in making tracks until we know more."
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara had been quiet, listening to the negotiation and started nodding when Jack started expanding upon the questioning Mask initiated. "Agreed, Jack's on point there."

"It would help to know what work has already been done some we can spend our time better since we are going to be short. My gut feeling is that mawkin' VP took the eye and ran, hoping to sell it for a pay day. If we find that is true, then will his body still get the reward? Even if he is leaking a bit from his skull, you want to know that he did not get away with grap, right?"

Underworld & Black Ops 1d20!: [7] = 7 = I Know A Guy.
Short on time today, I will try to insert the Interlude here tomorrow, or into my next post.


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 3
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Jack Cooper wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:49 pm"This here talk of liquifyin seems a little premature if you ask me. We don't even know yet if this VP is the victim or the perpetrator. How about we don't make asses out of ourselves by assumin anything just yet."
Clara laughs, seeking to alleviate the so-serious tone, while watching Gray closely for a reaction.

"Come on now, cowboy -- you think das Fräulein brings in you, me, the Finn and das Scharfschützin and no one has or will be liquefied? She is wanting quiet, but hiring the pulse lasers and silent blades who can bring the force she needs."

"Lucky for her, we are the total package -- not just pretty trigger fingers. If it can be found, we will find it, take care of any ... obstacles ... and return das Auge without looking too closely into the void inside, ja?"

HJ
Experience & Wisdom 1d20: [19] = 19
Go with 7: Danger Sense
But even when not looking closely, always a good idea to keep eyes open with this one, Clara thinks, recalling the last time she did a job for Gray.

That had been a more straight-forward gig -- field-testing some new particle beam carbines in the wilds to the west -- and on the books, even. Clara had made the mistake then of thinking the job was as simple as Gray made it appear. She still wasn't sure if the NG exec knew that a devil unicorn had moved into that goblin den, or if maybe someone else had neglected to pass on the intel, hoping to do away with Volker in a way that wouldn't ruffle any feathers with her former employers at Triax. Maybe it was just an accident.

Either way, it had cost Clara a partner and the deposit on a labor-bot. Not to mention the three pints of blood she lost before the nanites in her system plugged up the hole in her leg. It would have been a lot worse if she hadn't got that tingling at the back of her scalp. She wasn't sure if it was some kind of sixth sense or maybe some secret bit of cyberware someone tucked in her skull way back when ... she'd learned to trust that tingle, and start to move. That time, it had been the difference between a horn through the leg or one through the chest.

And whether she was happy to see me return or not, at least Fräulein kicked in a bonus to cover the medical bills.
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack rolls his eyes at @Clara Volker, "All I know Fro-Line is that Ms. Grey here said their VP and the eye disappeared and that her people can't him or it. That's awful generic. If she knows more then she shouldn't oughta bury the lead like that. She also alludes that this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. That doesn't sound like a criminal mastermind to me but we won't really know until we know."

Jack shrugs before narrowing his eyes. "On the other hand, Ms Grey here knows my rep. I don't do wetwork and I won't be on a team that does it. She should know that. If this VP of here's feelin particularly suicidal and puts up a fight then he get's what he deserves. But if he's a pawn in all this or he plays it smart and comes in all peaceful like then we bring him in safe and sound. Anybody that has different ideas in that regard goes through me. I don't compromise on that point, ever."

Lightening his tone he grins, "Of course, if Mr. VP IS liquified then you can be in charge of the mops and don't forget a bucket."
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara only looked at @Jack Cooper when he sated he did not work with anyone that did wet work. She was a sniper as well as a scout, so maybe he did not consider shooting people from far away as 'wet work'. But then, anyone that received a headshot from her was typically a valid target. She was not an assassin after all.

"I promise not to blow his head off for no reason. Though... if he does give us a reason," she shrugged.

"But a leg shot will be good enough, I suppose. We will need to question him most likely and dead men without heads cannot tell you very much."

Ms. Grey was no stranger to Kara Acoma's skills.

More than one assignment needed overwatch protection or scouting. When her primary team was not on assignment taking some R&R or busy with some minor tasks that did not need her expertise, quick ops were often given to Kara to support other merc ops. She got around and met more operators associated with Ms. Grey.

It was a raining night and she was high up on the catwalk around a water tower. She was surveying the old, shutdown factory. The buildings were all dark, her optics package allowing her to see clearly from the few street lights that gave just enough illumination. Funny that any of the still worked.

The other mercs were crossing the fence perimeter, cutting holes in the chain link fence. She whispered over the comms, "All clear in the parking lots."

A voice came back, "Copy, overwatch."

She shifted her scope to the warehouse rooftop... then over the roof of the main admin building... and the large factory building...

Movement! She stayed focused... she saw it again. There was a sentry, not patrolling, but watching from the roof.

She put the crosshairs on his head. The sentry was carrying a rifle as well and moving the corner of the building nearer the parking lot. He was going to set up a firing position to cover the parking lot and see the infiltrating teams if he had good optics.

She exhaled.... squeeze... PHFTTT!.

Kara saw the head disappear and the body fall limp to the roof.

She whispered over the circuit, "One sentry eliminated. Clear."

"Copy, overwatch. Thanks."

Her job was done. The mercs continued their infiltration and entered the building. She saw some flashes through the windows of the factory's main building. Likely a firefight. Several minutes later the mercs exfiltrated and she packed up after they were clear.

Another satisfied customer.


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 3
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

@Kara Acoma "Have you never downloaded their hard drive? That is more trustworthy than anything they say."
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie stifles a grin when @Robert Davis Lewis suggests their hard drive as an identifier of truth. "I definitely have never gotten into their server banks." He shrugs as he looks at some of the more disbelieving faces at the table. "What? I haven't. That would probably get me shot if I ever tried. No thanks. I like living, thank you."
Oh yeah. Smooth. Nobody will ever see through that.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Ms. Gray listens to the group, a touch of a smirk on her lips. When there is a lull in the conversation, she clears her throat. She holds out her right hand and pinched between two fingers is a thin black wafer. A Data Chip. She slides it across the table in Decker's direction.

"48 hours, ladies and gentlemen." She stands up and lifts her arms over which Kali has slides a stylish western inspired Rhino-Buffalo fur coat. The pair nod and say their good byes before they leave the restaurant.
The Dossier

When the group accesses the chip they find a Professionally done report on the investigation. Decker notes that it is vapor ware, so not only will it not show up on a digital recording, but it will erase itself as it's read.

Important information from the report:

The VP was last seen heading in the direction of a neighborhood commonly referred to as "Junktown". Junktown got it's name from a horrible accident years ago in which an Experimental Mech crashed into the neighborhood, destroying millions of credits in properly and costing dozens of lives. The exec in charge of that area made a cold calculation and decided it would make more sense financially to just write the entire area off. Not only is it still littered with debris (the locals make it a point of pride to not pick it up), but it a well known area to score drugs.

Cameras
Northern Gun is a company town and that company keeps track of its property. For the most part. Unlike most of the city, cameras in bad areas, such as Junktown, often have sporadic camera coverage at best. It's not that the executives don't care about these people, it's just not a good idea financially speaking. The Loss Prevention team in charge of the investigation has scoured the area and could not find any footage of the VP. Whether that is due to sheer lack of cameras, or some sort of malicious actor, is unknown.

An uptick in crime
The past few month have reportedly shown an upward trend in crime.

If you have any specific questions which may have reasonably covered in the Dossier let me know and I will tell you whether that information is included or not.
Instructions:

Now is the time for investigation. We will run this as a Dramatic Task. It will be three rounds, and at a difficulty of a -2. Roll a 1d54. If you roll a 53 or a 54, it is a Joker and you do not suffer a penalty.

If your number is evenly divisible by a four, it is a club and you suffer an additional -2.

Please note that you do not have to roll. If you elect not to, please say so.

The First Round is open. You may use any skill you would like to that makes sense, and please describe something that you are trying to learn with that skill. After the first round we will see how this went and then perhaps the skill selection may narrow.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know via Dischord
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Finn Regan
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Finn Regan »

Rolls
1d54: [40] = 40
Common Knowledge 1d6+2-4=1d6-2
Common Knowledge 1d6!!-2 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[3]-2 = 3
Benny
Common Knowledge 1d6!!-2 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[3]-2 = 2
The dossier doesn't do much for Regan. He gives it a once over, shrugs, and passes it to the next person.

"I've been out in the field for a bit, going to take some time to get my city legs back. Looks like the ground has shifted a bit and a lot of my contacts have moved on. Just tell me which doors to kick in and I'm there."
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

1d54: [54] = 54



Research Die 1d4!!+2: [5!!]+2 = 7
Wild Die 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3

Spending a benny to reroll
Roll #2
Research Die 1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Adding Elan to first roll result 9, a raise


Knowing that Decker would cover looking into the dark corners and under the rocks electronically speaking Jack feeds the dossiers that Ms Grey supplied into his home terminal and jacks in, spending the next few hours reviewing every scrap of information in them looking for any patterns or inconsistencies that would help them track down the missing VP and the missing Eye.

That done Jack next turns to the public nets, accessing all the news feeds for the date of the disappearance and a week before and after for good measure. It was getting dark by the time that Jack finishes but leaning back he stretches and gets up to pour himself a whiskey. Well, it may not be ridin down a bank robber or tracking rustlers but I'd say that was a good day's work if I say so meself. Jack thinks to himself with a grin.
Last edited by Jack Cooper on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Investigation :1d54: [12] = 12
Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Spend Benny
Benny Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny #2
Benny #2 Notice: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Benny #2 Wild: 1d6!: [3] = 3


With time being of the essence Robert reads the Dossier Half ass investigation for such a VIP. I wonder what else is going on about this. A test maybe? Are we planned to fail? If so why? After Mrs. Gray leaves the table Robert will look at his associates. "Okay ladies and gentlemen, I'll meet you in Junktown,If you need anything,you have my cell number." Robert will get up and head back to his office/apartment.

Once at the apartment, Robert is greeted by his two pet animals. "Hello you two" Robert gives each of them their respective treats. "Time to go to work." Robert grabs his overcoat and hat, the animals know that it's time to get busy. Each animal takes a shoulder while Robert heads to JunkTown.

Once at Junktown, Robert starts to take a look around. "Okay, Lets look for something about this VIP." With that, the Monkey runs up the buildings and the bird takes flight. "And be careful" Robert starts looking around as he follows the path of the VIP. Walking the streets is not providing any clues. What ever happened, it either happened deeper in, or they did a dam good job of covering it up.

The residents of JunkTown give Robert a wide berth and is avoiding him like the plague. I stick out way too much. I wish I had time to blend in. The monkey sees something and bring Roberts attention to it. Rushing over, Robert sees that it's just a pile of bugs. "It's bugs, so what? Drugs, we are looking for drugs or a scuffle". Robert resumes his search.

Getting deeper into JunkTown, Robert is aware of the danger that he is in. Keeping an eye on the residents and ensuring he is not in an ambush position. The bird squawks and brings him back to the task at hand. "I hope you found something" The bird shows Robert what was found and Robert is quite pleased. "good job. Here is your treat"
Last edited by Robert Davis Lewis on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara shrugged in answer to @Robert Davis Lewis, “No, I have little experience in hacking. Sure, everyone lies. But there is an art to seeing through that bullgrap and figuring out when they are telling the truth. Not that I am a skill interrogator either, but someone can surely handle that.”

After hearing what was in the dossier, Kara tapped her lower lip with a finger as she looked up at the ceiling in though. “Hmmm… I might know someone in Junktown…”

Action Card 1d54!: [50] = 50

Try I know A Guy Edge to see if Contact Exists. Smarts 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
To make contact with someone that might have heard of anything in Junktown.
Networking 1d6+1!!: [2]+1 = 3 Wild 1d6+1!!: [2]+1 = 3


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 3
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie gets to work hitting the usual haunts. He decides this guy is either a junkie or a dealer. He opts to go searching first into local law enforcement archives to see if there were any investigations into the VP. Next, he goes underground to
Card: 1d54: [30] = 30
Hacking: 1d8!!: [6] = 6 (using Wilks Hand Held Computer with Tier 2 hacking library adds +2 to the task, net 8)
WD Hacking: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
hoping to find whether their target was involved in the drug trade, or if he was just a consumer. There's gotta be some chatter on this guy. He doesn't just one day stroll through Junktown for fun.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Persuasion 13
1d54: [44] = 44 = Club
Persuasion (1d8+1) -4; free reroll from Charismatic

Persuasion 1d8!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-3: [16!!]-3 = 13 = Yowza. Aces for the Raise.

Reroll Persuasion 1d8!!-3: [6]-3 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
Goes missing in a neighborhood with no cameras. I know a few Shurken who might frequent such a place ...

Not bothering to change out of her battle-scarred armor, Clara heads for an out-of-the-way watering hall called The Terminus. Just around the corner from a licensed shooting range and an unlicensed cyber-doc, it's the sort of place that attracts mercs and freelancers in-between jobs, along with a few who are permanently out to pasture -- just the sort that might be involved in, or at least aware of, the goings-on in the city-state's darker corners.

She loses a couple games of pool and wins a few more while running up her bar tab, but soon enough she catches something interesting among the chatter about recent scores and old war stories ...
Mille Visage
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Persuasion Raise
1d54
Card Draw 1d54: [38] = 38

Face-Morph:
Common Knowledge 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Common Knowledge 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Success: Attractive

Networking (Persuasion; Streetwise +2, Attractive +1, Charmingly Fluent +1, Scene Penalty -2):
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Charismatic ReRoll:
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Born Negotiator Reroll:
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Final Best: 8 = Raise
Mille chuckles as she reads the dossier. The work was competent, but uninspired; one thing she'd learned about NG over the years is that they have a tendency to view everything through the corporate lens, accepting the facts as presented.

Sure, following someone in Junktown with the cameras is difficult. And there are all sorts of places one can go to get some private time. But to disappear almost as soon as you hit the neighborhood, and then never resurface? No, someone's been messing with the cams, I'd bet on it.

Of course, cams aren't the only eyes in a place like Junktown. Mille takes a few minutes to put on one of her regular faces--dark-skinned, punk hairstyle, good enough looks to get a second glance--and then she heads out.
Mille Black Punk.jpg
Mille Black Punk.jpg (18.2 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
Dropping by a feew bars she knows, Mille starts reaching out to some folks she knows will know who might've wanted all eyes on a particular stretch taken out on the day in question (she knows this a service several of the smaller gangs and independent operators provide to corporate execs who want to engage in non-resume-friendly activities off the official radar).

It takes a few hours of fishing around for her to generate a few positive leads.
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

Mask does what she does best. She keeps to the shadows, silent and unassuming. Going to the last known location, Mask then conducts a thorough search of the surrounding premises, letting no door nor lock stand in her way. Most containers and rooms are neutral bystanders, with no knowledge to share...but it only takes one lucky hit to turn an investigation to a new and fruitful direction...

Rolls: Card 13, Thievery 4: 1 success
Card draw 1d54: [13] = 13
Thievery 1d8!! -1: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!! -1: [5] = 5
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

After a series of rousing successes, the group begins to piece together the events of the night Dolan Webb went missing.
Finn thumbs through the dossier, but can't really seem to find much of interest in it.

Jack does some research and makes a few spreadsheets. Once he crunches the numbers he finds that crime stats have jumped roughly 12 percent over the past five months, while arrests have gone down 18 percent. This makes him suspect that a new mover is in town, and probably has at least some of the LPO's on the take.

Robert hits the streets, looking for clues. After a few hours he notices something new in the area, gang tags. The tag is a highly stylized lettering that says "Crazy 8th Street Set". Upon further inspection, it may be a bit older than Robert initially suspected, but no more than a few weeks or months at most.

The good news is that Kara is able to located an old contact who works amongst the criminal element of Junktown. The bad news is that the contact is currently very much addicted to a drug called Crash, and is in no condition to provide any useful information at all.

Decker cracks into the local LPO security network with ease. Being careful to not linger too long, he punches in some search terms and makes local copies of some files germane to his interests. After he logs off and clears his tracks, he reads through the documents, discovering that there is a file on a group of Cyber Snatchers named the Crazy Eigth Street Set. They are known to simply dump the bodies into an alleyway after they harvest the cybernetics. The documents highly suggest (but do not implicitly state) that LPO's are to shoot them on sight. Curiously the name Dolan Webb comes up in another search result Vinnie threw at the system. He comes up as a person who was briefly detained as a suspect in some minor drug buys.

Clara sticks around long enough for the alcohol causes some lips to loosen. She hears a curious tale about "A buddy of mine" who knew a guy, that was in a Cyber-Snatcher game. The recently "found something big" and were going to sell it for "Millions of Credits". Clara is able to determine that the buddy was in a Juicer Wannabe gang called The Crazy 8th Street Set.

Mille quickly comes across someone who (for a few credits) admits that a friend of theirs, a Doctor Zero, recently hired out his services to shut down the cameras for an hour or so in a period of time that matches when Dolan Webb went missing. This Doctor Zero is a electronics/hacking wiz for fire, and Mille is able to contact him and find out through some smooth talking that he was hired out to the Crazy 8th Street Set gang, who have sought out turf on 8th street, buy the old Mech Painting building.

Mask makes a few calls, and meets up with a couple of contacts. Since they know and trust her, they don't feel too bad letting her know that she can pick up the spare parts she was inquiring after a couple of blocks away from the old Mech Painting building on 8th street. A recent swell of criminal activity have made it practically a flea market for hot goods.
Instructions

My apologies for the delay, please take a Benny that remains until spent (ie it does not vanish at the end of the Q). Please reply as to your next action. If it is in fact to go hit up the Old Mech Painting building, you will have one round of action as prep before entering it. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Once that had come back together to share and go over the information that everyone had found out, Kara offered, "First, we should probably complete some recon on this mech painting building to see if they ahve sentries or any sort of security. We can also get a better idea of numbers inside if we can observe their comings and goings some."

"Before we hit the place, we also need to know how many points of ingress, egress there are so we have their bolt hole covered."

"Seeing as that is my specialty, I should head out now to begin perimeter recon. Anyone object?"


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shakes his head at @Kara Acoma. "Nope. You're good I think. Bet I could dig up some building specs assuming it isn't tweaked, at least get a clue for basic layout. How soon are we rolling out?"
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

"No objections here, little lady." Jack tips the brim of his Stetson. "I always say let a professional get on with their job and stay out of their way. You probably shouldn' go on alone though. Even the best need someone to watch their backs when yer in bandit country."

Shrugging, Jack checks his weapons for readiness, deciding to go with Big Bore rounds for Bessie and thumbing AP grenades into his NG-LG6 before sliding the strap over his head and settling the rifle across his back. Finally he slides Bessie into her holster and then grabs a chair and spins it around to sit down backwards, settling in to wait for things to get moving...
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10
Mille Visage
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille thanks Doctor Zero for the information, then considers; a good hacker never misses a chance for a second payday. "Those cameras--were they shut down completely, or did you just re-route the feed? That is to say, could you get the visuals from a server, for the right price?" If yes, the deal will be made (putting the payment on the NG expense account she's building for this job); if not, she thanks him and concludes her interview with the good Doctor by negotiating a deal that he'll arrange for a similar camera shut-down in the vicinity of the Mech Painting building at a time to be determined--this, of course, will also be on the expense report in her cyberbrain. Of course, both versions of her offering include a bonus-to-follow for complete confidentiality. That should help us keep this under the radar, if we end up mounting a raid, after all.

Later, after looking over the gathered intel, she frowns. Cybersnatchers. Repulsive.

She contemplates the proposal. "We are under a time constraint, here. And of course, the longer we wait, the more likely these scuzrats will find a buyer--and anyone with that kind of money to throw around is probably going to come with considerable force, most likely bodyguards, or maybe just sending in a well-armed team of Black Market types with a negotiator at the head. So while I agree that some recon is necessary, we should balance that against the ticking clock factor. As much as I'd like to monitor them for a day or two, I think we may have to limit ourselves to hours--6 to 12, at most."
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Sitting with everyone and listening to their recommendations, Robert is reminded that he chose well to work with them.

Everyone is right. We need recon and we need to be quick about it. I say we use our specialists where they are best used now. We have a few people that can provide recon and entry. Robert points each person as he speaks to push the point. We use Jack, Kara and myself to ensure the immediate area is clear. Robert takes a pull from his Cigarettes'. Vinnie, get the building specs and get them quickly. Millie, get us an internal feed. Fin, Mask and Kara you three plan the assault. Another pull from the cigarette. I think if we could split up into two or three teams, we will be able to clear the building quickly and retrieve the dope.
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Doctor Zero smiles, sadly. "I shut them down completely, I'm not the type to risk having a copy floating out there." "I'm sorry Miss, I can't disable these cameras for you, I'm under contract. However, I have a number for someone who may be able to help you out." He slides a plastic card with a QR Code etched onto the thin plastic sheet. When you leave you have Decker scan it and he quickly arranges to have the cameras go out at a time of your choosing, with Northern Gun paying the bill, naturally.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara nodded, "Aye, let's be about it then. I will change and get ready. We can talk from on-site after we get some preliminary recon completed," she advised the others not going with.

She donned her armor that was modified for stealth had her kit bag with other gear she needed for recon, plus the weapons she'd need for assaulting the target.

When she moved out with @Jack Cooper and @Robert Davis Lewis, heading to the neighborhood. Once within one block, she looked for some high ground where she could climb into a concealed location to observe the place from higher up.

"If the perimeter is clear and no guards patrolling outside, I will be in a position to cover the roof."

Recon Area
Notice 1d6+2!!: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6+2!!: [2]+2 = 4

Staying Unnoticed
Stealth 1d12+2!!: [10]+2 = 12 Notice 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

"Ja, gewiss, it is seeming like these juicer-wannabe body-snatchers on the 8th Street are the target," Clara says, rolling her shoulders and stretching out the kinks after the info-sharing session.

She nods to Kara.

"I can go with das Scharfschützin to reconnoiter the site. Maybe find some not-so-obvious points of entry," she says, cracking a smile. "Alles gut with base-jumping, yes?"


Notice 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7

Athletics 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1



[Welp. Clara will have a success (or add +1 to support) on efforts to recon, but her attempt to find an action-movie point of entry is a crit fail, whatever kind of trouble that brings.]
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

As he gets up to head out with @Kara Acoma and @Robert Davis Lewis Jack hangs back a moment to grab some extra plasma cartridges, frag grenades and e-clips, stuffing them in pockets of his duster. Just in case.

When they start getting close to the target site Jack tucks his LG6 under his duster. Not gonna fool anyone that gets a good look but it should work well enough from a distance. Leaving Kara to engage in her recon work Jack ambles down the street with an eye to find somewhere unobtrusive to wait for her to finish.

Finding a suitable alley far enough down the street to be out of the way while still having a bead on the front entrance to the factory. Keying his mike he speaks quietly, "I got me a lovely place to watch the birds darlin' so just let me know when yer ready though I'm sure we'll be waiting for the rest to show their smilin' faces before we move. It's only sportin' after all."

With that Jack cuts the mic and drifts further back into the shadows to wait for the hammer to drop.


Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Robert rolls up to his section of the building in an attempt to not be noticed.
Stealth: 1d8!!: [9!!] = 9 Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3


Keeping an eye on those coming in and out.
Notice: 1d6+2!!: [1]+2 = 3 Wild: 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Mille Visage
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille shakes her head at Robert. "I'm not a hacker myself; I just know a guy." She chuckles. "Once things start, I'm best up for close-up tactical support, so I'll go with the assault team. I'll be most useful backing up @Clara Volker." Suiting words to deed, she dons her armor and heads out with the others. She advises the commando on the best sight-lines, as well as what to watch for, treating the entire field like a battlefield to come.
+4 to Clara Notice
Support Clara Notice with Battle:
Battle 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild Battle 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Free Reroll from Reliable
Battle Reroll 1d10!!+2: [13!!]+2 = 15
Wild Battle Reroll 1d6!!+2: [15!!]+2 = 17



Ignore this: I have no idea where it came from:
1d54: [45] = 45
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Instructions

We're going to back this up a bit. A few of you rolled, and I unwisely did not instruct you otherwise. So what we are going to do now is a quick encounter to reflect your advance on the warehouse. The rules for Quick Encounters are on page 134 of SWADE. You may use whatever skill you like, but the following skills MUST be used by at least one of you: Hacking (This is against a Target Number of 6), Stealth, Notice, and Persuasion (If you have Streetwise, you can apply a bonus to this). Please describe how you talk/shoot/sneak/burrow(?)) your way into the Warehouse. If you use Shooting or an Arcane skill, please apply the rules on page 132 regarding Ammo and Power points. This is a Combat Quick Encounter, so a Critical Failure results in 1d4 Wounds, a failure results in 1 wound, success results in Bumps and Bruises (a level of Fatigue) and a raise means you suffer no ill effects. Please note that if you fail a roll, you will still breach the warehouse.

If you already rolled you may use that roll for this if you'd like.


However, there are some hidden consequences depending on what (if any) rolls are failed. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie takes up a spot about a block away from the warehouse. He sets up shop, booting up his Wilk's handheld computer (blasphemy here in Northern Gun, but you can't argue with the best tech) and executing a dazzling
Hacking - Security Systems: 1d8!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
WD Hacking: 1d6!!+3: [11!!]+3 = 14
of the neighborhood. Security cameras go dark or point the wrong way at his whim. Telephonics get scanned and rerouted. He even manages to gain temporary control of the power grid in order to cut juice to the building.
"This whole neighborhood is ours. Hit it."
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara was able to find a spot to set up her OP (Observation Post) to cover the others on the perimeter recon. She checked in on the tactical comms circuit, "Overwatch in position, standing by."

Recon Area - Notice from Previous Post = 8

Staying Unnoticed - Stealth from previous Post = 12


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands
Post Reply

Return to “Active Jobs”