GoldenEye

We're under contract. Time to deliver the goods.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Decker receives a notification from one of his electronic dead drops. Ms. Gray. You don’t know much about Ms. Gray other than the fact that she’s a senior Northern Gun employee.she chedules a meet for tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. at Anthony’s, a nice Italian restaurant in the Gold district. You split the group up and each grouping arrives at different times having taken different routes. The Maitre D whisks you away to a private dining room where Ms. Gray and her ever present bodyguard Kali await. Jill is in her mid to late forties and obviously makes an effort (or has paid for some expensive gene therapy) to remain in peak physical condition. Kali on the other hand is a freak of nature, she stands nearly two meters tall and does not have an ounce of fat on her. You suspect she is cybered up as well but have never seen any proof of that.

After you order and exchange the usual pleasantries (and sign the typical NDA agreements) you get down to business.

Jill speaks with confidence and never minces her words. She is the consumate professional.

”48 hours ago Dolan Webb, a Jr. VP in the R&D Department, went missing. We sent out the usual people to try and locate him, but he is nowhere to be found. While it is tragic when one of our scores of VP’s go missing, even if he only has the job because of his family connections, even more tragic is the fact that he was testing an early prototype of our next generation cyber-eye. This eye is roughly 3 percent faster than the next competitor, which of course is easily worth a hundred million credits. We are offering 1,000,000 credits for the safe return of the eye. If you can find Mr. Webb as well, he’s worth another 100,000 credits. You know, if there’s time. You have 48 hours to recover the eye, but after that I will be forced to open the bounty up to more people. From working with your group previously, I trust that this will not be an issue and of course your discretion is much appreciated. What do you say?"

Instructions

Do you accept the mission? Do you try to negotiate the price? Do you have any other pertinent questions? If so now is the time to accept/bargain/ask. I’ll leave this up for a week or until everyone has answered or declined to answer, and then we will move on.

If there are any questions or concerns, the best way to contact me is via Dischord.
Bonus opportunity

Roll on a Heroes Journey table of your choice. If you write an interlude about a time that you or the group worked for Ms. Gray in the past and incorporate the result of your roll into the interlude, you may keep the result. You may not benny this roll.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille looks to her companions; assuming no one indicates an immediate objection, she proceeds with the opening negotiations.

"As you note, time is of the essence--but you obviously aren't doing a widespread call for this right away, even though that would certainly speed along your recovery. You came to us, and us alone, because as badly as you want the eye back, you also want its existence kept as mum as possible, to avoid having to deal with further issues like this, and also just to be able to take the market by storm when it does come out. And our team, if not the best, is at least the best you can bring to bear in short notice. So I think it's reasonable for us to ask for something specific, as well--if we keep the eye itself from becoming grist for the rumor mill, we get a bonus. Also, I want to ask for an expenses clause--ammunition if the situation turns hot, repairs to any gear damaged in the course of executing the contract--that one could be done either through a voucher to an NG repair shop, or as a straight credit payment we would use to take to the repair shop of our choice, you can decide that--and, of course, incentives for information gathering. Naturally, we would provide proof of any such transactions, to make sure you can justify the expense report." She considers a bit further. "Also, I should stress that the payment you're offering would only cover the materiel and the individual; if we come across additional information in the course of our investigation (such as the identities and purposes of those behind the disappearance), you would have to negotiate a separate price for that, upon the eye's return."


Discretion Bonus Negotiation; Raise = 10%
Persuasion 1d10!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Free Reroll from Charismatic
Persuasion 1d10!!+1: [23!!]+1 = 24
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Raise! Woohoo!
*****************************************
HJ Roll

Experience & Wisdom: 1d20: [19] = 19

19 = Choice = 7-8 Danger Sense
Ms. Grey looked up from the mission report Mille had handed her. "I must say, Ms. Visage, that this wasn't exactly what I expected when I hired you to negotiate terms between two of the car-park gangs."

Mille shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, I know. Wasn't what I had in mind, either. I set up the meet in good faith, and one side followed all the terms of the meet. It's not my fault the other gang pulled an ambush, and I was just lucky enough to see it coming. I felt it fully appropriate to give a warning to the side that was acting in good faith, and of course, when the treacherous team decided to include me in the ambush, my own associates came to my assistance. Fortunately, no bystanders were injured, and even the property damage was kept to a minimum. And the territorial dispute is certainly settled, as the surviving members of the second gang have fled the parking zone entirely; I was able to persuade the remaining group to only claim that portion of the territory they could easily cover, and then negotiate terms with neighboring groups from a position of strength."

"How did you spot that ambush? I've reviewed the video footage of the combat, and the hit team was pretty much invisible."

Mille chuckled. "Oh, a thousand little things; it would be hard to say which one confirmed to me it was an ambush, though. Everything from tells in their expressions when we set up the meet in the first place to the lack of small animals in the area when I arrived with the other group. Even the way the shadows lay when we arrived was, in itself, suspicious--they'd set the location and time for the meet, and I realized the way some of the vechicles were laid out created pretty solid cover. And my MOH picked up some heat rising from behind some of the vehicles, as well."

The blonde woman pursed her lips in response. "I can't help but note that the first gang, the ones who played by your rules and came out of this smelling like roses, were also the current incarnation of the very same gang you were leading when you were recruited to NG so many years ago." It wasn't a question, but an implication. Mille wasn't offended--several departments in NG practically had 'meaningful innuendo' as a second language.

She replied with a sincere smile. "Well, isn't that why you hired me? Because of my connections with, and knowledge of, the local gangs? You can hardly complain about getting what you asked for."

Ms. Grey chuckled. "Touche," she acknowledged, and passed over the credstick.
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Decker taps idly on the table. He mutters under his breath to whoever is next to him. "Bet there's nothing that eye's seen that's worth the extra cred. Course not. Just a faster eye. Sure." He sits back in his chair as @Mille Visage begins her standard negotiations. It was always best to let her work. She's shrewd. Gets the best prices for their work. Vinnie inevitably gets fodder for the blog, too. "I'll hit the normal spots. Finding a big noise in R&D shouldn't be that hard. We find the eye in under 24 hours, we get a bonus?"
HJ - Psionics
HJ: 1d20: [9] = 9 - New Power from Mind Melter list: Invisibility
A while ago

She's definitely savvy. It's one thing to broadwave a call out to R1cKy-T!kK. It's something else to pinpoint him and offer him a gig. He buttons up his mind, remarking to the fellow next to him. "Guess this noise at NG needs something done big and way quiet. Who else tries to find a legend like R1cKy-T!kK for a simple intel job? I bet Tik ain't even hungry." Not even this source knows who he's sitting next to. Still, the younger man nods and affirms. "Ricky's out of her league anyway. What do you think she wants though?"

Decker scoffs. "Probably some dirt on a company rival. You know how the corporate types are. Smile in your face while they get somebody to plant the knife in your back. They ain't got the bytes to do it themselves. Maybe she's got her sights set higher. Wonder what her deal is." He puzzles over the computer screen for a minute. "Breezy, wanna make a soda run? On me this time." Breezy nods excitedly and jumps up to leave the room. "Sure, Vinnie. I got you!"

He'll be gone at least 10 minutes. Let me just delve this "Ms. Gray" and see what's up. Northern Gun senior exec. CV...accomplishments. Blah blah. Not bad to look at. Either daddy's connected or she slept her way...what's this...HOLY SCRAG!
As soon as he moves deeper into the system for the real dirt, massive security descends. A pro like Vinnie Decker, a.k.a. R1cKy-T!kK, doesn't get red-handed like this. Nobody has this kind of HCM. Tik even delved some of Prosek's personal files one time and didn't see anything this heavy.

He's made.

A simple message flashes across the screen:
We know where you are.
You will be ID'ed.
Do the job or do a turn for every charge.


Decker grits his teeth. I gotta fled. Before he can pack his gear, though, his own mental security goes off. Micro-drones inbound and from all directions. There is no getting out of this.
"Scrag. Scrag! SCRAG. I'm pinched. I'm dead. How...nuh-uh. Not me. Think, man. Focus." Retreating into his mind, he forces his powerful psyche to try to reach out to all of the drones. There are simply too many to get before they get to him. Sweat pours from his brow as he pulls back further into his subconscious. He hears the drones enter the room. They flit and flutter about, searching high and low, scanning for the hacker they've been sent for. Vinnie holds his breath. Surely they've pinged him and sent it to the security squad down the street.
They buzz intermittently, straining their sensors....until they leave. Decker opens his eyes and looks around. No drones. No security. How did they not see him? Every one of those things has state of the art sensor tech. He should've been made a thousand times over.

He flips open his mini-comp and sends a message back.
You don't make R1cKy-T!kK. T!kK makes you. Drone again and I ruin NG. I'll do the job, price agreed. First and last. Separate ways.
A minute passes. Another incoming message. Your target's name and vitals are uploaded. Plant these files on his personal drive. Ping his wife. Business concluded. Cred will be loaded when done.
Under his breath, the perplexed, but relieved, Vincent Paul Decker curses. "Fraggin' corporations."
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Ms. Gray accepts Mille's counter offer without any hesitation.

Ms. Gray smiles, clearly enjoying the back and forth. "You can only get so much blood from a stone, Mr. Decker. No additional bonus for time frame."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shrugs. "Can't say no if we don't ask and we don't know how much blood's in the stone until we squeeze. No big. We'll find it. And him, if he ain't turned into liquid and dumped in a river." He responds coolly, but he is more than a little concerned with the level of security that surrounds Ms. Gray. He's hacked high military before like it was open source. This woman is protected from up on high by the prince of darkness and The Plague. Vinnie never works for anyone he hasn't delved the whole smash on. This one is different. Way scary. "He didn't get liquefied and dumped in the river, did he?" He snickers, but it's definitely covering an elevated sense of self-preservation.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

"Liquified...dumped in river...we still find." Mask was sitting a little off to one side, where she could see everyone as per her usual custom. Her English was accented with a sort of Slavic-sounding dialect. The white porcelain mask covering her face had markings painted on it with a thin sort of water-soluble paint that she changed frequently, though those with a sharp eye would note it was less a 'mask' and more a sort of stylized faceplate for the suit she was wearing. It fitted on with an airtight seal.

She glanced at Vinnie, and while nothing of her expression could be seen, there was a smile in her tone.

"I have ways."

Then Mask reached out and tapped the table twice in rapid staccato. "Where last seen? We start there."

Interlude and HJ roll
Hero's Journey 1d20: [19] = 19

Yes, there's an interlude coming, it's really late right now! :)
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Robert takes a pull of his cigarette, and lets out the smoke by tilting his head back and blowing into the air. (He's at least a little bit considerate). Do you have the initial LP report? Knowing what you have done will help prevent duplicate work."
Persuasion: d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild: d6!!: [4] = 4


Interlude:
Underworld Black Ops HJ: d20: [14] = 14

Robertis reminded of one of his previous jobs when he was an LP officer himself. There was another prototype that was stolen going on 8 years or so ago. He was sitting at his desk filling out some paperwork of a recent arrest for owning alien equipment. He was called into his Capt. office. When he entered, there was his Capt. sitting at her desk and sitting in the chair across from her was a woman in her mid to late 30's. She had an aura of someone in charge. Sit down Mr. Lewis" Robert takes his seat, both curious and nervous as to what is happening. "Mr. Lewis, Mrs. Gray is here to give you your next assignment."

"Mr. Lewis," Mrs. Gray, speaks with authority that she owns this whole place and you do not tell her no. "NG needs you. What I am about to tell you does no leave this room, understand? Robert replies, "yes ma'am". "Good, You will be reassigned to my team for this mission." Mrs. Gray gives Robert a folder who then opens it up and starts reviewing the documentation inclosed. "One of prototype Sonor pods has been stolen during transport. Fortunatly, we know who did it."

"If you know who did it, why not send in a strike team?" Asked Robert.

"We know who did it, not where they are. That is where you come in. The thieves are a simple gang, who may not know what they have, but time is of the essence. The gang is the White Sharks. They are based somewhere on Lake Michigan. Your job is to infiltrate the gang, find out their base and ensure the sensor pod is returned undamaged. Any questions?"

"No Ma'am" Mrs. Gray leaves the office with no other instructions. Robert looks at his Capt.

"Don't screw this up Robert." With that warning, Robert leaves the office and gets ready.

Robert gets dressed up as a normal thug, and uses his connections to locate someone who is able to get him into the Sharks. The Sharks are not interested in taking Robert at first. He was able to convince the Eels (a rival gang) to attack the Sharks. Robert was able to jump in and save the Sharks, thus the Sharks are wanting him in. Robert quickly learns that many of the Sharks speak French, as this gang is based in Quebec. With the help of NG effectively blockading the Michigan river, and Robert was able to enlist the EELs to repeatedly attack the Sharks. With the blockade, the Sharks was unable to bring in or export people or supplies. This allowed Robert to rise in the organization and locate the Sonor. By this time, it had been 3 to 4 weeks, NG was getting nervous that the prototype had already been shipped off. Robert was able to assure the assault team that the prototype was still on the peninsula and could still get it out. Once he was finally given enough access to view the sonor, Robert was able to confirm that the prototype was still in good condition. Robert coordinated one final EEL assault and for the NG assault team to attack. This would eliminate two gangs at one time. When the time came, the EELs attacked as planned, Robert was able to maneuver to protect the prototype. When the Sharks looked like they are going to win the fight, Robert radioed the NG assault team to sweep in. With the new attack, Robert used the new diversion and the cover to take the prototype back to NG for recovery. As Robert pulls into a covered dock in a warehouse, there stood Mrs. Gray.

"Welcome back Mr. Lewis. You eventually got the mission done, it would have been nice to have this back much sooner." Robert lifts the prototype onto the dock, Mrs. Gray and some engineers open it up and start to inspect it. After several minutes, the engineers converse with Mrs. Gray and gives a slight smile. "Well Mr. Lewis, it looks like mission accomplished. The prototype is in working order. You could have done this faster, but we'll work on that in your future missions. Welcome to Recovery."
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shifts his eyes over to @Mask. "I probably don't even wanna know. Maybe we hope he ain't liquefied anyway, just because that sounds nasty?"
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

"liquidfrying him would be the easiest and cleanest method of getting the eye out. With it being so soon, I would not expect that. They are probably getting performance baselines before removing the product. But we don't have much time."
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on the table crossing his ankles. "This here talk of liquifyin seems a little premature if you ask me. We don't even know yet if this VP is the victim or the perpetrator. How about we don't make asses out of ourselves by assumin anything just yet."

Cocking an eye at Ms Grey he goes on, "The lady Mask does raise a good point though. Where was the last time this VP of yours was last seen? We'll want a dossier on him either way. I figure your folks probably checked all the usual haunts but it can't hurt to be sure. I've found the best place to hide is somewhere someone already looked."

Tipping his hat back Jack moves on to the main event. "More importantly from your point of view is when did you all notice that the eye had gone missing? Do you have a list of any and all personnel that would have had access to the eye and also were in the facility? We'll be wantin that list ASAP if you don't mind. We'll need to check everybody that coulda had a hand in this here heist. If there are any pertinent A/V files related to the disappearance we'd like to take a look at those too."

Stopping for a moment Jack rubs his chin and adds one more comment to the pot. "Last thing is not least, anything that we could use to identify this here eye as the genuine product would be helpful too. Don't think anyone here really wants to be wasting time chasing down a fake if we don't have to."

1d20: [9] = 9
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Finn Regan
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Finn Regan »

Fin sits with his feet up on the table rubbing the stubble on his chin while the other yammer. They would get the intel needed for the job, in the meantime he started thinking through the various scenarios: grab, defection, or plain old accident. Pretty even odds on each of them. Gray was solid, not bad looking either, so the job was likely clean, but you never know.

"Hey, how do we pick up this kids trail? Your eye don't happen to have an asset tag does it? Something we can track it with. Otherwise, we'll need some info on the young turk. Home address, office, associates, all that jazz. Clock's ticking so pony up and we can get a move on."
HJ
Underworld & Black Ops 1d20: [20] = 20
Dirty Fighter
Whatever it takes. Not really the motto of the CS commando corps, but Finn holds it as his own personal motto. Get the job done, whatever it takes.

That job wasn't easy. Naruni had hired some alien outfit from off-world to kidnap this engineer from NG R&D who had figured out how to backwards engineer some of their stuff. Nobody protects their secrets like Naruni. No doubt the ugly son-of-a-mother holding the engineer was going to take him back to some alien lab to lombotomize him and figure out if he made any copies. Which he did. Finn knew their were copies. It would take NG years to figure it all out without their rock star scientist, but they'd have the data.

So there is was. The cold calculus of corporate espionage.

Without thinking Finn whipped out his pistol and fired...at the engineer!

Chaos ensued as the Naruni goons started to scramble. Kicking his jet pack on Finn burst into the air, blasting blindly behind him. The engineer was better off now anyway and the secrets of his extra copies died with him. It was a costly win, but a win.

That's how you played the game though. By doing whatever it takes.
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

@Finn Regan "Don't blow your wig, no point in making tracks until we know more."
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara had been quiet, listening to the negotiation and started nodding when Jack started expanding upon the questioning Mask initiated. "Agreed, Jack's on point there."

"It would help to know what work has already been done some we can spend our time better since we are going to be short. My gut feeling is that mawkin' VP took the eye and ran, hoping to sell it for a pay day. If we find that is true, then will his body still get the reward? Even if he is leaking a bit from his skull, you want to know that he did not get away with grap, right?"

Underworld & Black Ops 1d20!: [7] = 7 = I Know A Guy.
Short on time today, I will try to insert the Interlude here tomorrow, or into my next post.


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 3
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Jack Cooper wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:49 pm"This here talk of liquifyin seems a little premature if you ask me. We don't even know yet if this VP is the victim or the perpetrator. How about we don't make asses out of ourselves by assumin anything just yet."
Clara laughs, seeking to alleviate the so-serious tone, while watching Gray closely for a reaction.

"Come on now, cowboy -- you think das Fräulein brings in you, me, the Finn and das Scharfschützin and no one has or will be liquefied? She is wanting quiet, but hiring the pulse lasers and silent blades who can bring the force she needs."

"Lucky for her, we are the total package -- not just pretty trigger fingers. If it can be found, we will find it, take care of any ... obstacles ... and return das Auge without looking too closely into the void inside, ja?"

HJ
Experience & Wisdom 1d20: [19] = 19
Go with 7: Danger Sense
But even when not looking closely, always a good idea to keep eyes open with this one, Clara thinks, recalling the last time she did a job for Gray.

That had been a more straight-forward gig -- field-testing some new particle beam carbines in the wilds to the west -- and on the books, even. Clara had made the mistake then of thinking the job was as simple as Gray made it appear. She still wasn't sure if the NG exec knew that a devil unicorn had moved into that goblin den, or if maybe someone else had neglected to pass on the intel, hoping to do away with Volker in a way that wouldn't ruffle any feathers with her former employers at Triax. Maybe it was just an accident.

Either way, it had cost Clara a partner and the deposit on a labor-bot. Not to mention the three pints of blood she lost before the nanites in her system plugged up the hole in her leg. It would have been a lot worse if she hadn't got that tingling at the back of her scalp. She wasn't sure if it was some kind of sixth sense or maybe some secret bit of cyberware someone tucked in her skull way back when ... she'd learned to trust that tingle, and start to move. That time, it had been the difference between a horn through the leg or one through the chest.

And whether she was happy to see me return or not, at least Fräulein kicked in a bonus to cover the medical bills.
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack rolls his eyes at @Clara Volker, "All I know Fro-Line is that Ms. Grey here said their VP and the eye disappeared and that her people can't him or it. That's awful generic. If she knows more then she shouldn't oughta bury the lead like that. She also alludes that this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. That doesn't sound like a criminal mastermind to me but we won't really know until we know."

Jack shrugs before narrowing his eyes. "On the other hand, Ms Grey here knows my rep. I don't do wetwork and I won't be on a team that does it. She should know that. If this VP of here's feelin particularly suicidal and puts up a fight then he get's what he deserves. But if he's a pawn in all this or he plays it smart and comes in all peaceful like then we bring him in safe and sound. Anybody that has different ideas in that regard goes through me. I don't compromise on that point, ever."

Lightening his tone he grins, "Of course, if Mr. VP IS liquified then you can be in charge of the mops and don't forget a bucket."
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara only looked at @Jack Cooper when he sated he did not work with anyone that did wet work. She was a sniper as well as a scout, so maybe he did not consider shooting people from far away as 'wet work'. But then, anyone that received a headshot from her was typically a valid target. She was not an assassin after all.

"I promise not to blow his head off for no reason. Though... if he does give us a reason," she shrugged.

"But a leg shot will be good enough, I suppose. We will need to question him most likely and dead men without heads cannot tell you very much."

Ms. Grey was no stranger to Kara Acoma's skills.

More than one assignment needed overwatch protection or scouting. When her primary team was not on assignment taking some R&R or busy with some minor tasks that did not need her expertise, quick ops were often given to Kara to support other merc ops. She got around and met more operators associated with Ms. Grey.

It was a raining night and she was high up on the catwalk around a water tower. She was surveying the old, shutdown factory. The buildings were all dark, her optics package allowing her to see clearly from the few street lights that gave just enough illumination. Funny that any of the still worked.

The other mercs were crossing the fence perimeter, cutting holes in the chain link fence. She whispered over the comms, "All clear in the parking lots."

A voice came back, "Copy, overwatch."

She shifted her scope to the warehouse rooftop... then over the roof of the main admin building... and the large factory building...

Movement! She stayed focused... she saw it again. There was a sentry, not patrolling, but watching from the roof.

She put the crosshairs on his head. The sentry was carrying a rifle as well and moving the corner of the building nearer the parking lot. He was going to set up a firing position to cover the parking lot and see the infiltrating teams if he had good optics.

She exhaled.... squeeze... PHFTTT!.

Kara saw the head disappear and the body fall limp to the roof.

She whispered over the circuit, "One sentry eliminated. Clear."

"Copy, overwatch. Thanks."

Her job was done. The mercs continued their infiltration and entered the building. She saw some flashes through the windows of the factory's main building. Likely a firefight. Several minutes later the mercs exfiltrated and she packed up after they were clear.

Another satisfied customer.


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 3
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

@Kara Acoma "Have you never downloaded their hard drive? That is more trustworthy than anything they say."
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie stifles a grin when @Robert Davis Lewis suggests their hard drive as an identifier of truth. "I definitely have never gotten into their server banks." He shrugs as he looks at some of the more disbelieving faces at the table. "What? I haven't. That would probably get me shot if I ever tried. No thanks. I like living, thank you."
Oh yeah. Smooth. Nobody will ever see through that.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Ms. Gray listens to the group, a touch of a smirk on her lips. When there is a lull in the conversation, she clears her throat. She holds out her right hand and pinched between two fingers is a thin black wafer. A Data Chip. She slides it across the table in Decker's direction.

"48 hours, ladies and gentlemen." She stands up and lifts her arms over which Kali has slides a stylish western inspired Rhino-Buffalo fur coat. The pair nod and say their good byes before they leave the restaurant.
The Dossier

When the group accesses the chip they find a Professionally done report on the investigation. Decker notes that it is vapor ware, so not only will it not show up on a digital recording, but it will erase itself as it's read.

Important information from the report:

The VP was last seen heading in the direction of a neighborhood commonly referred to as "Junktown". Junktown got it's name from a horrible accident years ago in which an Experimental Mech crashed into the neighborhood, destroying millions of credits in properly and costing dozens of lives. The exec in charge of that area made a cold calculation and decided it would make more sense financially to just write the entire area off. Not only is it still littered with debris (the locals make it a point of pride to not pick it up), but it a well known area to score drugs.

Cameras
Northern Gun is a company town and that company keeps track of its property. For the most part. Unlike most of the city, cameras in bad areas, such as Junktown, often have sporadic camera coverage at best. It's not that the executives don't care about these people, it's just not a good idea financially speaking. The Loss Prevention team in charge of the investigation has scoured the area and could not find any footage of the VP. Whether that is due to sheer lack of cameras, or some sort of malicious actor, is unknown.

An uptick in crime
The past few month have reportedly shown an upward trend in crime.

If you have any specific questions which may have reasonably covered in the Dossier let me know and I will tell you whether that information is included or not.
Instructions:

Now is the time for investigation. We will run this as a Dramatic Task. It will be three rounds, and at a difficulty of a -2. Roll a 1d54. If you roll a 53 or a 54, it is a Joker and you do not suffer a penalty.

If your number is evenly divisible by a four, it is a club and you suffer an additional -2.

Please note that you do not have to roll. If you elect not to, please say so.

The First Round is open. You may use any skill you would like to that makes sense, and please describe something that you are trying to learn with that skill. After the first round we will see how this went and then perhaps the skill selection may narrow.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know via Dischord
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Finn Regan
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Finn Regan »

Rolls
1d54: [40] = 40
Common Knowledge 1d6+2-4=1d6-2
Common Knowledge 1d6!!-2 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[3]-2 = 3
Benny
Common Knowledge 1d6!!-2 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[3]-2 = 2
The dossier doesn't do much for Regan. He gives it a once over, shrugs, and passes it to the next person.

"I've been out in the field for a bit, going to take some time to get my city legs back. Looks like the ground has shifted a bit and a lot of my contacts have moved on. Just tell me which doors to kick in and I'm there."
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

1d54: [54] = 54



Research Die 1d4!!+2: [5!!]+2 = 7
Wild Die 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3

Spending a benny to reroll
Roll #2
Research Die 1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Adding Elan to first roll result 9, a raise


Knowing that Decker would cover looking into the dark corners and under the rocks electronically speaking Jack feeds the dossiers that Ms Grey supplied into his home terminal and jacks in, spending the next few hours reviewing every scrap of information in them looking for any patterns or inconsistencies that would help them track down the missing VP and the missing Eye.

That done Jack next turns to the public nets, accessing all the news feeds for the date of the disappearance and a week before and after for good measure. It was getting dark by the time that Jack finishes but leaning back he stretches and gets up to pour himself a whiskey. Well, it may not be ridin down a bank robber or tracking rustlers but I'd say that was a good day's work if I say so meself. Jack thinks to himself with a grin.
Last edited by Jack Cooper on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Investigation :1d54: [12] = 12
Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Spend Benny
Benny Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny #2
Benny #2 Notice: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Benny #2 Wild: 1d6!: [3] = 3


With time being of the essence Robert reads the Dossier Half ass investigation for such a VIP. I wonder what else is going on about this. A test maybe? Are we planned to fail? If so why? After Mrs. Gray leaves the table Robert will look at his associates. "Okay ladies and gentlemen, I'll meet you in Junktown,If you need anything,you have my cell number." Robert will get up and head back to his office/apartment.

Once at the apartment, Robert is greeted by his two pet animals. "Hello you two" Robert gives each of them their respective treats. "Time to go to work." Robert grabs his overcoat and hat, the animals know that it's time to get busy. Each animal takes a shoulder while Robert heads to JunkTown.

Once at Junktown, Robert starts to take a look around. "Okay, Lets look for something about this VIP." With that, the Monkey runs up the buildings and the bird takes flight. "And be careful" Robert starts looking around as he follows the path of the VIP. Walking the streets is not providing any clues. What ever happened, it either happened deeper in, or they did a dam good job of covering it up.

The residents of JunkTown give Robert a wide berth and is avoiding him like the plague. I stick out way too much. I wish I had time to blend in. The monkey sees something and bring Roberts attention to it. Rushing over, Robert sees that it's just a pile of bugs. "It's bugs, so what? Drugs, we are looking for drugs or a scuffle". Robert resumes his search.

Getting deeper into JunkTown, Robert is aware of the danger that he is in. Keeping an eye on the residents and ensuring he is not in an ambush position. The bird squawks and brings him back to the task at hand. "I hope you found something" The bird shows Robert what was found and Robert is quite pleased. "good job. Here is your treat"
Last edited by Robert Davis Lewis on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara shrugged in answer to @Robert Davis Lewis, “No, I have little experience in hacking. Sure, everyone lies. But there is an art to seeing through that bullgrap and figuring out when they are telling the truth. Not that I am a skill interrogator either, but someone can surely handle that.”

After hearing what was in the dossier, Kara tapped her lower lip with a finger as she looked up at the ceiling in though. “Hmmm… I might know someone in Junktown…”

Action Card 1d54!: [50] = 50

Try I know A Guy Edge to see if Contact Exists. Smarts 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
To make contact with someone that might have heard of anything in Junktown.
Networking 1d6+1!!: [2]+1 = 3 Wild 1d6+1!!: [2]+1 = 3


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 3
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie gets to work hitting the usual haunts. He decides this guy is either a junkie or a dealer. He opts to go searching first into local law enforcement archives to see if there were any investigations into the VP. Next, he goes underground to
Card: 1d54: [30] = 30
Hacking: 1d8!!: [6] = 6 (using Wilks Hand Held Computer with Tier 2 hacking library adds +2 to the task, net 8)
WD Hacking: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
hoping to find whether their target was involved in the drug trade, or if he was just a consumer. There's gotta be some chatter on this guy. He doesn't just one day stroll through Junktown for fun.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Persuasion 13
1d54: [44] = 44 = Club
Persuasion (1d8+1) -4; free reroll from Charismatic

Persuasion 1d8!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-3: [16!!]-3 = 13 = Yowza. Aces for the Raise.

Reroll Persuasion 1d8!!-3: [6]-3 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
Goes missing in a neighborhood with no cameras. I know a few Shurken who might frequent such a place ...

Not bothering to change out of her battle-scarred armor, Clara heads for an out-of-the-way watering hall called The Terminus. Just around the corner from a licensed shooting range and an unlicensed cyber-doc, it's the sort of place that attracts mercs and freelancers in-between jobs, along with a few who are permanently out to pasture -- just the sort that might be involved in, or at least aware of, the goings-on in the city-state's darker corners.

She loses a couple games of pool and wins a few more while running up her bar tab, but soon enough she catches something interesting among the chatter about recent scores and old war stories ...
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Persuasion Raise
1d54
Card Draw 1d54: [38] = 38

Face-Morph:
Common Knowledge 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Common Knowledge 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Success: Attractive

Networking (Persuasion; Streetwise +2, Attractive +1, Charmingly Fluent +1, Scene Penalty -2):
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Charismatic ReRoll:
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Born Negotiator Reroll:
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Final Best: 8 = Raise
Mille chuckles as she reads the dossier. The work was competent, but uninspired; one thing she'd learned about NG over the years is that they have a tendency to view everything through the corporate lens, accepting the facts as presented.

Sure, following someone in Junktown with the cameras is difficult. And there are all sorts of places one can go to get some private time. But to disappear almost as soon as you hit the neighborhood, and then never resurface? No, someone's been messing with the cams, I'd bet on it.

Of course, cams aren't the only eyes in a place like Junktown. Mille takes a few minutes to put on one of her regular faces--dark-skinned, punk hairstyle, good enough looks to get a second glance--and then she heads out.
Mille Black Punk.jpg
Mille Black Punk.jpg (18.2 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Dropping by a feew bars she knows, Mille starts reaching out to some folks she knows will know who might've wanted all eyes on a particular stretch taken out on the day in question (she knows this a service several of the smaller gangs and independent operators provide to corporate execs who want to engage in non-resume-friendly activities off the official radar).

It takes a few hours of fishing around for her to generate a few positive leads.
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

Mask does what she does best. She keeps to the shadows, silent and unassuming. Going to the last known location, Mask then conducts a thorough search of the surrounding premises, letting no door nor lock stand in her way. Most containers and rooms are neutral bystanders, with no knowledge to share...but it only takes one lucky hit to turn an investigation to a new and fruitful direction...

Rolls: Card 13, Thievery 4: 1 success
Card draw 1d54: [13] = 13
Thievery 1d8!! -1: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!! -1: [5] = 5
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

After a series of rousing successes, the group begins to piece together the events of the night Dolan Webb went missing.
Finn thumbs through the dossier, but can't really seem to find much of interest in it.

Jack does some research and makes a few spreadsheets. Once he crunches the numbers he finds that crime stats have jumped roughly 12 percent over the past five months, while arrests have gone down 18 percent. This makes him suspect that a new mover is in town, and probably has at least some of the LPO's on the take.

Robert hits the streets, looking for clues. After a few hours he notices something new in the area, gang tags. The tag is a highly stylized lettering that says "Crazy 8th Street Set". Upon further inspection, it may be a bit older than Robert initially suspected, but no more than a few weeks or months at most.

The good news is that Kara is able to located an old contact who works amongst the criminal element of Junktown. The bad news is that the contact is currently very much addicted to a drug called Crash, and is in no condition to provide any useful information at all.

Decker cracks into the local LPO security network with ease. Being careful to not linger too long, he punches in some search terms and makes local copies of some files germane to his interests. After he logs off and clears his tracks, he reads through the documents, discovering that there is a file on a group of Cyber Snatchers named the Crazy Eigth Street Set. They are known to simply dump the bodies into an alleyway after they harvest the cybernetics. The documents highly suggest (but do not implicitly state) that LPO's are to shoot them on sight. Curiously the name Dolan Webb comes up in another search result Vinnie threw at the system. He comes up as a person who was briefly detained as a suspect in some minor drug buys.

Clara sticks around long enough for the alcohol causes some lips to loosen. She hears a curious tale about "A buddy of mine" who knew a guy, that was in a Cyber-Snatcher game. The recently "found something big" and were going to sell it for "Millions of Credits". Clara is able to determine that the buddy was in a Juicer Wannabe gang called The Crazy 8th Street Set.

Mille quickly comes across someone who (for a few credits) admits that a friend of theirs, a Doctor Zero, recently hired out his services to shut down the cameras for an hour or so in a period of time that matches when Dolan Webb went missing. This Doctor Zero is a electronics/hacking wiz for fire, and Mille is able to contact him and find out through some smooth talking that he was hired out to the Crazy 8th Street Set gang, who have sought out turf on 8th street, buy the old Mech Painting building.

Mask makes a few calls, and meets up with a couple of contacts. Since they know and trust her, they don't feel too bad letting her know that she can pick up the spare parts she was inquiring after a couple of blocks away from the old Mech Painting building on 8th street. A recent swell of criminal activity have made it practically a flea market for hot goods.
Instructions

My apologies for the delay, please take a Benny that remains until spent (ie it does not vanish at the end of the Q). Please reply as to your next action. If it is in fact to go hit up the Old Mech Painting building, you will have one round of action as prep before entering it. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Once that had come back together to share and go over the information that everyone had found out, Kara offered, "First, we should probably complete some recon on this mech painting building to see if they ahve sentries or any sort of security. We can also get a better idea of numbers inside if we can observe their comings and goings some."

"Before we hit the place, we also need to know how many points of ingress, egress there are so we have their bolt hole covered."

"Seeing as that is my specialty, I should head out now to begin perimeter recon. Anyone object?"


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shakes his head at @Kara Acoma. "Nope. You're good I think. Bet I could dig up some building specs assuming it isn't tweaked, at least get a clue for basic layout. How soon are we rolling out?"
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

"No objections here, little lady." Jack tips the brim of his Stetson. "I always say let a professional get on with their job and stay out of their way. You probably shouldn' go on alone though. Even the best need someone to watch their backs when yer in bandit country."

Shrugging, Jack checks his weapons for readiness, deciding to go with Big Bore rounds for Bessie and thumbing AP grenades into his NG-LG6 before sliding the strap over his head and settling the rifle across his back. Finally he slides Bessie into her holster and then grabs a chair and spins it around to sit down backwards, settling in to wait for things to get moving...
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille thanks Doctor Zero for the information, then considers; a good hacker never misses a chance for a second payday. "Those cameras--were they shut down completely, or did you just re-route the feed? That is to say, could you get the visuals from a server, for the right price?" If yes, the deal will be made (putting the payment on the NG expense account she's building for this job); if not, she thanks him and concludes her interview with the good Doctor by negotiating a deal that he'll arrange for a similar camera shut-down in the vicinity of the Mech Painting building at a time to be determined--this, of course, will also be on the expense report in her cyberbrain. Of course, both versions of her offering include a bonus-to-follow for complete confidentiality. That should help us keep this under the radar, if we end up mounting a raid, after all.

Later, after looking over the gathered intel, she frowns. Cybersnatchers. Repulsive.

She contemplates the proposal. "We are under a time constraint, here. And of course, the longer we wait, the more likely these scuzrats will find a buyer--and anyone with that kind of money to throw around is probably going to come with considerable force, most likely bodyguards, or maybe just sending in a well-armed team of Black Market types with a negotiator at the head. So while I agree that some recon is necessary, we should balance that against the ticking clock factor. As much as I'd like to monitor them for a day or two, I think we may have to limit ourselves to hours--6 to 12, at most."
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Sitting with everyone and listening to their recommendations, Robert is reminded that he chose well to work with them.

Everyone is right. We need recon and we need to be quick about it. I say we use our specialists where they are best used now. We have a few people that can provide recon and entry. Robert points each person as he speaks to push the point. We use Jack, Kara and myself to ensure the immediate area is clear. Robert takes a pull from his Cigarettes'. Vinnie, get the building specs and get them quickly. Millie, get us an internal feed. Fin, Mask and Kara you three plan the assault. Another pull from the cigarette. I think if we could split up into two or three teams, we will be able to clear the building quickly and retrieve the dope.
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Doctor Zero smiles, sadly. "I shut them down completely, I'm not the type to risk having a copy floating out there." "I'm sorry Miss, I can't disable these cameras for you, I'm under contract. However, I have a number for someone who may be able to help you out." He slides a plastic card with a QR Code etched onto the thin plastic sheet. When you leave you have Decker scan it and he quickly arranges to have the cameras go out at a time of your choosing, with Northern Gun paying the bill, naturally.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara nodded, "Aye, let's be about it then. I will change and get ready. We can talk from on-site after we get some preliminary recon completed," she advised the others not going with.

She donned her armor that was modified for stealth had her kit bag with other gear she needed for recon, plus the weapons she'd need for assaulting the target.

When she moved out with @Jack Cooper and @Robert Davis Lewis, heading to the neighborhood. Once within one block, she looked for some high ground where she could climb into a concealed location to observe the place from higher up.

"If the perimeter is clear and no guards patrolling outside, I will be in a position to cover the roof."

Recon Area
Notice 1d6+2!!: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6+2!!: [2]+2 = 4

Staying Unnoticed
Stealth 1d12+2!!: [10]+2 = 12 Notice 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: None
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

"Ja, gewiss, it is seeming like these juicer-wannabe body-snatchers on the 8th Street are the target," Clara says, rolling her shoulders and stretching out the kinks after the info-sharing session.

She nods to Kara.

"I can go with das Scharfschützin to reconnoiter the site. Maybe find some not-so-obvious points of entry," she says, cracking a smile. "Alles gut with base-jumping, yes?"


Notice 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7

Athletics 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1



[Welp. Clara will have a success (or add +1 to support) on efforts to recon, but her attempt to find an action-movie point of entry is a crit fail, whatever kind of trouble that brings.]
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

As he gets up to head out with @Kara Acoma and @Robert Davis Lewis Jack hangs back a moment to grab some extra plasma cartridges, frag grenades and e-clips, stuffing them in pockets of his duster. Just in case.

When they start getting close to the target site Jack tucks his LG6 under his duster. Not gonna fool anyone that gets a good look but it should work well enough from a distance. Leaving Kara to engage in her recon work Jack ambles down the street with an eye to find somewhere unobtrusive to wait for her to finish.

Finding a suitable alley far enough down the street to be out of the way while still having a bead on the front entrance to the factory. Keying his mike he speaks quietly, "I got me a lovely place to watch the birds darlin' so just let me know when yer ready though I'm sure we'll be waiting for the rest to show their smilin' faces before we move. It's only sportin' after all."

With that Jack cuts the mic and drifts further back into the shadows to wait for the hammer to drop.


Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Robert rolls up to his section of the building in an attempt to not be noticed.
Stealth: 1d8!!: [9!!] = 9 Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3


Keeping an eye on those coming in and out.
Notice: 1d6+2!!: [1]+2 = 3 Wild: 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Mille shakes her head at Robert. "I'm not a hacker myself; I just know a guy." She chuckles. "Once things start, I'm best up for close-up tactical support, so I'll go with the assault team. I'll be most useful backing up @Clara Volker." Suiting words to deed, she dons her armor and heads out with the others. She advises the commando on the best sight-lines, as well as what to watch for, treating the entire field like a battlefield to come.
+4 to Clara Notice
Support Clara Notice with Battle:
Battle 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild Battle 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Free Reroll from Reliable
Battle Reroll 1d10!!+2: [13!!]+2 = 15
Wild Battle Reroll 1d6!!+2: [15!!]+2 = 17



Ignore this: I have no idea where it came from:
1d54: [45] = 45
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Instructions

We're going to back this up a bit. A few of you rolled, and I unwisely did not instruct you otherwise. So what we are going to do now is a quick encounter to reflect your advance on the warehouse. The rules for Quick Encounters are on page 134 of SWADE. You may use whatever skill you like, but the following skills MUST be used by at least one of you: Hacking (This is against a Target Number of 6), Stealth, Notice, and Persuasion (If you have Streetwise, you can apply a bonus to this). Please describe how you talk/shoot/sneak/burrow(?)) your way into the Warehouse. If you use Shooting or an Arcane skill, please apply the rules on page 132 regarding Ammo and Power points. This is a Combat Quick Encounter, so a Critical Failure results in 1d4 Wounds, a failure results in 1 wound, success results in Bumps and Bruises (a level of Fatigue) and a raise means you suffer no ill effects. Please note that if you fail a roll, you will still breach the warehouse.

If you already rolled you may use that roll for this if you'd like.


However, there are some hidden consequences depending on what (if any) rolls are failed. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie takes up a spot about a block away from the warehouse. He sets up shop, booting up his Wilk's handheld computer (blasphemy here in Northern Gun, but you can't argue with the best tech) and executing a dazzling
Hacking - Security Systems: 1d8!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
WD Hacking: 1d6!!+3: [11!!]+3 = 14
of the neighborhood. Security cameras go dark or point the wrong way at his whim. Telephonics get scanned and rerouted. He even manages to gain temporary control of the power grid in order to cut juice to the building.
"This whole neighborhood is ours. Hit it."
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara was able to find a spot to set up her OP (Observation Post) to cover the others on the perimeter recon. She checked in on the tactical comms circuit, "Overwatch in position, standing by."

Recon Area - Notice from Previous Post = 8

Staying Unnoticed - Stealth from previous Post = 12


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Robert uses his silent motorcycle to the building and as he gets closer, he brings it down nice and slow. With it being a hover bike no one notices he's even around. Coming up to the building in a quiet and out of the way area, Robert successfully stealthed to the building, he proceeds to elevate to an open window. Looking into the window, Robert looks for gang members.
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [18!!]+2 = 20
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Well. No need for re-rolls.
Mille takes a direct approach. She simply walks up to one of the outlying guards, looking like a middle-manager out of his depth. "I don't want trouble. But I've heard that you guys are the people to talk cyber-business to." "He" then drops a couple of plausible names, and spins a yarn about a computer file listing the serial numbers of defected cyber-parts. "One problem for my peers--you know, company men--when looking for, ah, discounted cyberware is that they can't be caught with a limb with no serial number, or one belonging to a *cough* murder victim. But I've purged these records from the main system, so these appear legit. Etch one on a matching... recycled limb, and you have a 'clean' piece of cyberware that could be sold to anyone." It takes a little doing, but eventually the guard is able to talk to a higher-up, and arranges to be brought inside to talk about price.
Nervous Neil.jpg
Nervous Neil.jpg (10.29 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »


Since Clara made two rolls before, succeeding on one and crit failing the other, I'm just going to reroll. Going with the balls-out approach, looking for a way to repel into the compound.

Athletics 1d10!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6



During her recon with das Scharfschützin , Clara spots an old and immobilized crane that's been used as a makeshift utility pole to run power lines into the old Mech Painting facility. Climbing the crane should be no problem. Using the power cables to zipline over the walls and into the compound might be a little verrückt, but then, the gangsters inside won't be expecting it, will they?

"Time to put on the big boy pants, meine Krieger," she says, before readying herself for the jump. "Last one inside is eating rotting eggs, ja?"
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Fifty creds gets him the use of a nearby hobo's overcoat though he wrinkles his nose in distaste at the sour smell. Tucking his head down he slowly shambles unsteadily down the street sticking close to the shadows all the while attempting to make himself unnoticeable.

"Ready to make final approach" he murmurs into the mic.
Stealth Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Spending a benny

Stealth Die 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1
+2 for Elan
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Dr. Enderson
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Dr. Enderson »

Approaching the old Mech Paint warehouse, Dr. Enderson has time to
Luck. It's what brought me to Northern Gun. Sure...some might call it misfortune that the ISS raided my appartment building in Chi-town. But luck had me in plain, yet luxurious, clothes on my way to meet with a recently acquainted female friend...what was her name? No matter, she's just a pretty face, now.

Luck left me alone in the lobby with a single guard after a cursory inspection, and it wasn't skill that allowed me to pull off the choke hold cutting blood flow through the carotid into the mans brain causing him to black out. My escape to the 'burbs could have been skill, and intimidating the D-Bee scum who I'd been treating into smuggling me out of Chi-Town definitely was. Choosing to flee to Northern Gun, however, was definitely Lady Luck in all her glorious fortune.

I met Mrs. Gray shortly after arriving. She knew who I was, but I bought her silence easily enough. All it cost me was my expertise added to whatever scheme of the week that comes across her desk. To sweeten the deal, she even introduced me to down-on-his-luck
Point Man and de Facto Leader
Image
and the mercenaries whom I "affectionately" refer to as the
Mouse
Useless Cannon Fodder
Image

Nemo
Gun-Naming All-Rounder and XO
Image

Shade
Snarky Sniper
Image

Paradox
Idiot Savant
Image
. Now I have a protection detail, gainful employment, and endless opportunities.

I used the information Mrs. Gray entrusted to me along with data I acquire through my own research to strong arm Spike into working for me at a significant discount. To cement our working relationship, and to see what level of skill the Goon Squad had to display in action, we accepted our first job together working for Mrs. Gray. It was supposed to be a simple handoff.

The Goon Squad and I would oversee a delivery of a sensitive item to an interested party. The interested party was more concerned with getting the sensitive item at no cost. Luckily, I happened to be trying my hand at accessing the local camera system when I stumbled across a previously placed backdoor into the network.

I immediately saw a small team approaching fast and barked orders to the Goon Squad. We made quick work of the enemy, easily intimidated the interested party in paying double for the item, and went home to collect a bonus from a very happy Mrs. Gray. Luck can be a hell of a thing.
. As the team reaches their staging point, the doctor lets the memories of the past fade as he scopes out the location. First, he takes out his field comp and checks through the local comm chatter and local area network usage. He quickly cycles through and discards information until he finds something interesting: someone quietly sniffing around the warehouse.

Dr. Enderson queues up a string of encrypted data, verifying his identity and employment with Mrs. Gray, as well as information on the location of himself and the "Goon Squad" backing him up. He then continues to observe what he can of the other hacker - who is obviously much more skilled from how very little the doctor can track. When he feels confident that he has identified his man, Dr. Enderson sends the queued data along with a text message to the
@Vinnie Decker
.

>>My team and I are positioned to cut off any escape from the warehouse. I have been hired to render my considerable medical and cybernetic expertise to this venture. If you locate the VP, his body - dead or alive, his head, or the cybernetics in question, alert me or my team as to its location and I will enter to retrieve it safely.

If the situation is too volatile and a quick egress becomes necessary, please avoid shooting the VP in his head, do not at
any cost employee the use of concussive force or explosives in the vicinity of the VP's body or head, and do not attempt to remove the cybernetics in question without my presence. If necessary, the subject can be terminated with a single expertly placed strike to the neck with an exceptionally sharp blade to retrieve his head. If this is not possible, recover the entire body. This job does, however, pay more if the VP is retrieved alive.<<

The doctor erases his digital presence, closes the laptop, and checks his NG Equalizer. He empties the cylinders of plasma cartridges and replaces them with shotgun shells. His role isn't to bring the firepower to this mission, and he isn't expecting any high priority threats either way.

Dr. Endrson quickly
Battle: 1d8!: [6] = 6
Wild: 1d6!: [6!, 5] = 11
Edit: Rerolling to put this post in line with the PBP Followers rule.
Goon Squad Shooting: 1d8: [5] = 5
Goon Squad Wild 1d6: [1] = 1
Goon Squad gets a success and suffers Bumps & Bruises.
Goon Squad Crit Check: 1d6!: [1] = 1
Nemo Shooting Support (TMW): 1d8!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Benny Nemo Support (TMW): 1d8!+2: [8!, 1]+2 = 11
Shade Shooting Support (Marksman): 1d8!+1: [8!, 8!, 1]+1 = 18
Spike Shooting Support (3RB): 1d8!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Benny Spike Support (3RB): 1d8!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Paradox Shooting Support: 1d8!: [6] = 6
  • Spike and Nemo both rolled ones, so I rolled a Crit Check that came up as one. I will Deus Ex Machina the shit out of that once I get my Diamond Coupon EP refund.
  • Nemo rolled an 11 on Shooting. That's either 2 successes or +2 Support to Dr. E.
    • Common Bond: -1 Benny.
  • Shade rolled an 18 on Shooting. That's either 4 successes or +4 Support to Dr. E.
  • Mouse did not roll.
  • Spike rolled a 6 on Shooting. That's either 1 success or +1 Support to Dr. E. Additionally, he receives one level of Bumps & Bruises.
    • Common Bond: -1 Benny.
  • Paradox rolled a 6 on Shooting. That's either 1 success or +1 Support to Dr. E. Additionally, they receive one level of Bumps & Bruises.
Note to @Stoic: I intended for my squad to roll to support Dr. Enderson so that they wouldn't be in danger of death from their results. Mid-post and after half the rolls, I realized that I wasn't sure whether or not support incurs the deadly penalties of Dangerous Encounters. Then you said that you don't think support can even be rolled on Quick encounters. I am unsure what exactly I accomplished via this mess of a post, but there are a lot of high numbers, so there is that!
to the Goon Squad and sends them on their way. He points two nearby buildings out to
Gun-Naming All-Rounder and XO
Image
and
Snarky Sniper
Image
. The doctor directs Shade up to the taller one with her deadly particle beam rifle and sends
Useless Cannon Fodder
Image
along with her to cover her six and act as a spotter. Nemo can handle himself and is a fair enough shot with his plasma rifle to cover the team from the nearby shorter building.

When the snipers and Mouse are in position, Dr. Emerson waves
Point Man and de Facto Leader
Image
and
Idiot Savant
Image
forward to the indicated cover. They get into position and train their weapons towards the building ready to fire. Everyone is in place and ready to rock on the doctor's end when the operation commences.

  • En route to the warehouse, the doctor recalled some memories of his previous life in Chi Town, his arrival in Northern Gun, his acquiring of the Goon Squad as his personal protection, and doing a "simple" job for Mrs Gray along with the Goon Squad. Then he rolled HJ and gained the Luck Edge.
  • Dr. Enderson rolled an 11 and got two successes to direct the Goon Squad into advantageous positions with Battle for the quick encounter.
  • Goon Squad (re)rolled collectively as outlined in the new PBP Followers rule.
  • Goon Squad got a success and suffered one level of Bumps & Bruises.
  • I lowered the Goon Squad's ammo from Very High to High.
  • I tossed a massive amount of rolls and now unnecessary information into a throw-away inline tag.
Dr. Enderson, Human Body-Fixer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(8)
  • Command is the basic ability to give clear instructions and support to allies in the thick of battle. Extras in Command Range add +1 to their Spirit rolls when attempting to recover from being Shaken and Vigor when attempting to recover from being Stunned.
    : +1 to Allies’ Shaken or Stunned recovery rolls.
    • Command Range: Allies must be within 5″ (10 yards) to benefit from her abilities.
  • Selfless heroes and determined leaders know their greatest strength often comes from their companions, and are willing to give some of their own fortune, fate, or luck to support them.

    A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with. The player should explain what form this takes, from a quick shout of encouragement to a welcome pat on the back.
    : The hero may freely give her Bennies to others.
  • Followers:The hero has five followers.
  • Hold the Line: +1 to Allies' Toughness in Command Range.
  • Inspire: Once per turn, the hero may roll his Battle skill to Support one type of Trait roll, and apply it to everyone in Command Range.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Menacing: +2 to Intimidation.
  • Natural Leader: Leadership Edges now apply to Wild Cards.
  • Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.

    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    : The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3
Bennies: 4/4; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature


Ammo Level: High
Goon Squad Condition: Uninjured; Fatigued (Bumps and Bruises); -1 to rolls

Personnel Status (if different from Above):
Spike (Treacherous): Uninjured
Nemo (Artistic): Uninjured
Shade (Sneaky): Uninjured
Paradox (Clueless): Uninjured
Mouse (Cowardly): Uninjured
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Almost immediately after the power is cut, a backup generator kicks in. In fact severally seemingly vacant buildings in the area also seem to have some sort of backup generator type system, they're probably used to power issues.

Kara establishes a vantage point and is able to see quite a few people in the warehouse through one of the less dirty windows.

Robert peeks through the window and to his surprise, sees quite a few people milling about. It looks as if people are trading and buying and selling various illegal goods, including quite a few pieces of cyberware, a couple of which are eyes.

Jack blends in perfectly, so much so that no one even notices him or the stench riddled coat he procured from the hobo.

Clara smoothly zip lines onto the roof, finding the same scene below as Robert. There are a few people who are most certainly in the gang, but there are definitely some civilians here as well. Some could even be innocent, in theory.

The Dr. and his crew take up their positions, ready to pop out of the shadows and wreck havoc if need be.

Nervous Neil's words fall on bored ears. The guard (who you notice has a weird twitch, probably on something) practically pushes him through the door, eager to be done with this conversation and get back to his intoxication.

There are probably a couple of dozen people in here. Half a dozen are wearing the signature colors of the Crazy Eighth Street crew, the rest appear to be random. A few people look up as the new person enters, but no one seems particularly interested. What are you doing?
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

While watching the mass of illegal activity, Robert is keeping an eye on the exits and those who are buying and selling cybernetic eyes.

"The building is occupied as a market. No sign of target. Gang members are present. Cybernetic eyes are also present" Robert will provide the appropriate directions for the vendor. Robert will also note the closest exit to the eye vendor. "Lets have outside backup at the exit in case someone tries to run, we can grab them for interrogation." Robert will provide the exit location.
Notice: 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Wild: 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara concurred with Robert’s assessment, and the value of recon once again proved itself. She whispered over the tactical comms, “Agreed, the situation is not what we expected. Instead of a storming the castle type op, it is more of an overt infiltration and ask around. Maybe we can get lucky and find the guy we are looking for right inside trying to sell it.”

“I can cover things from up here, but we really need a small team inside to ferret them out. The Doc and his team can be the trap to scoop up the runners.”


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie shakes his head. How did I miss this? There should be buzz on this all over the web. Must be big if they can squelch it. NG?. He clicks his radio. "Big guns stay outside, cover the exits. Anyone who can, let's get inside. I'm going in." He stops to
"TRANSMIT #Inf0_under^grOUn|> / attn: nXt L4Y3R -- -- -- R1cKy-T!kK delving into government-sanctioned Crazy Eighth black market co-op swap. Infil danger easy. Coordinates follow. Ping nL (nXt L4Y3R) faithful in NG. Who's there?
on his handheld computer. He closes his eyes,

Psionics - Disguise: 1d8!!: [4] = 4
WD Psionics: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
, before making his way towards the door.
Inside, he takes note of who is buying, and more importantly, who is selling. He tries to get a glance at some of the hardware being exchanged, hoping to get a bead on who might have their particular cyber-eye in stock.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Vinnie Decker wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:27 pm"Big guns stay outside, cover the exits. Anyone who can, let's get inside. I'm going in."
<<Ja, ist gut>> Clara says, using her subvocal mic to check in.

Moving quickly but carefully, she moves to the nearest rooftop entrance, hoping for an unsecured door or hatch but settling for an open window if need be. She has her rifle at the ready, poised to make swift entrance if the situation warrants.
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Notice 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Support Roll--Shooting, next round, for anyone who comes in guns blazing.
Battle 1d10!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Battle 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Raise: Anyone who comes inside and opens fire gets +2 to their Shooting roll!
"Neil" takes a look around as he's shown through the place. While they obviously aren't going to be taking him into any room with high-value loot, such places tend to be better-guarded and secured than most. So, he takes a quick scan around the place, looking to see who seems to be actively on guard, as opposed to just hanging around inside; once he's got the important spots sussed out, he uses his CEP radio to relay that info to the folks outside. "Just let me know when things are going to go down." As a finalizer, he also mentions which doors and windows are least guarded, allowing his teammates to position themselves better for ranged fighting.
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Dr. Enderson
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Dr. Enderson »

The Doctor ducks behind cover as his Goon Squad takes up their positions. He pulls out his field comp and begins inputting the information he is given on enemy numbers and locations. He also places markers for friendlies. Once the map is up to date, he sends it out to
Point Man and de Facto Leader
Image
,
Gun-Naming All-Rounder and XO
Image
,
Snarky Sniper
Image
and
Idiot Savant
Image
. Dr. Enderson continues monitoring the situation as it develops and feeds real-time updates to the Goon Squad along with
Rolling Inspiration for the Goon Squad: 4. They're at +1 to shooting.
1d8!: [3] = 3
1d6!: [4] = 4
.
Useless Cannon Fodder
Image
doesn't need to be distracted (or intimidated) by this information, so she is intentinally left out of the data feed.

The doctor waits patiently for the action to start, and the wait doesn't seem to have any effect on him at all. Meanwhile, Spike and Paradox shift anxiously whilst waiting for the shooting to commence. On the nearby roof tops, Nemo and Shade each keep their cool as they stare down the barrels of their weapons. They're ready to respond at a moments notice. Mouse keeps an eye on her and Shade's exit. She tries, and fails, to look like a professional.
Dr. Enderson, Human Body-Fixer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(8)
  • Command is the basic ability to give clear instructions and support to allies in the thick of battle. Extras in Command Range add +1 to their Spirit rolls when attempting to recover from being Shaken and Vigor when attempting to recover from being Stunned.
    : +1 to Allies’ Shaken or Stunned recovery rolls.
    • Command Range: Allies must be within 5″ (10 yards) to benefit from her abilities.
  • Selfless heroes and determined leaders know their greatest strength often comes from their companions, and are willing to give some of their own fortune, fate, or luck to support them.

    A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with. The player should explain what form this takes, from a quick shout of encouragement to a welcome pat on the back.
    : The hero may freely give her Bennies to others.
  • Followers:The hero has five followers.
  • Hold the Line: +1 to Allies' Toughness in Command Range.
  • Inspire: Once per turn, the hero may roll his Battle skill to Support one type of Trait roll, and apply it to everyone in Command Range.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Menacing: +2 to Intimidation.
  • Natural Leader: Leadership Edges now apply to Wild Cards.
  • Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.

    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    : The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3
Bennies: 4/4; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature


Ammo Level: High
Goon Squad Condition: Uninjured; Fatigued (Bumps and Bruises); -1 to rolls

Personnel Status (if different from Above):
Spike (Treacherous): Uninjured
Nemo (Artistic): Uninjured
Shade (Sneaky): Uninjured
Paradox (Clueless): Uninjured
Mouse (Cowardly): Uninjured
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Well, no plan survives first contact and all that. is Jack's first though as he ducks into an alley to shed his disguise. Giving himself the once over he saunters back into the street giving his hat a final adjustment.

Striding up the steps Jack tips his hat to the guards, "Howdy gents, I hope I'm not late for the festivities." Stepping between them he enters the building stopping after a few steps to get his
Notice 1d8: [7] = 7 Wild !!1d6: [2] = 2
.

After a moment Jack drifts off to the side and murmurs into his mic again "Welp, I'm in for what that's worth. Anybody see anything interesting going on?" Jack suppresses the urge to put a comforting hand on Bessie and opts instead to jam his thumbs in his belt and adopt his best slouch confident that if the need arises he'll be the one that shoots first.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

@Clara Volker finds a door with a cheap electronic
Security Lock
Lock is lower of Electronics or Thievery, target number of 6, Door Hardness is 10
.

She can also choose to watch the action through the
smudged glass sky lights
-1 penalty to sight based rolls
.

Nervous Neil @Mille Visage discretely scouts the place out, noticing that one of the crates looks somewhat out of place, it's much sturdier than the others and there appears to be a thin edge where, unlike the rest of the warehouse, there is no dust.

The commerce seems to be mostly consisting of members of the gang (you notice their colors) selling things to people who walk in off the street. There is little discretion at all, obviously the local police are either paid off, or non existent.

One of the more menacing looking members of the gang whistles until she has everyone's attention. The physique suggests heavy use of Juicer Wannabe drugs.

"Half hour left, then we're closed. Same time tomorrow though."

A murmur ripples through the small group of people (you definitely hear the name "Bianca"), but they're clearly taking her seriously. Some of the sellers start to prepare their things to go, the customers try to haggle at the last minute before their kicked out.
Instructions

What would you like to do?
"
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Over the CEP's radio, Mille reports, "Wannabe Juicer, named Bianca, at least an underboss if not the one running the whole show." Adds a couple quick descriptors (hair color, armor make) and location, then finishes with, "Likely package location id'ed. When y'all bust in--which should be soon--I'll try to make sure no one heads out with it."
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie looks around, trying not to betray his mild concern. He radios his associates. "Busting in? Is that what we're doing? Good enough. Gotta know what's in the box. Didn't bring a tactical nuke for the tweak-juicer though. Maybe got something better. Someone call go time."
He moves nonchalantly to a place of enough tactical advantage, trying to keep as many of the gang members in view as possible.
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

There's a shimmer near Clara as she examines the lock, and Mask appears out of it, black clad in her armored bodysuit and it's signature white face mask. She glances at the lock, then at Clara.

"I see I didn't quite miss the fun after all. Need any help with that lock?"
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack snags a drink from a passing server and looks the room over. Over the team channel he chuckles, "Well ladies and gents, if we're goin' to knock this place over to look for the eye we should probably wait till right before the places shuts down. Should minimize the collaterals."

He strolls around the edge of the room taking note of the guard placement and keeping an eye on Bianca. "Of course if any of you sneaky types have a better idea of doin' this quiet like now would be the time to speak up. Tempus fugit and all that."

Setting the drink back down untouched on a convenient table Jack picks a spot where he can cover the door and waits as unobtrusively as possible and leans against the wall folding his arms across his chest, ready to move at the drop of a pin.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara looked through her scope and noted positions of guards and other toughs that would need taking out when the grap hit the fan.

She replied to Jack's comment, “Agreed, we should wait until things are quieter. Not just collateral damage, but anyone else packing heat will start firing at us just to get away and defend themselves.”

Notice 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6

Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack chuckles "Give the lady a prize. @Kara Acoma since you got the best lookout I figure you should light this firecracker. Just give me a chance to deal with our friend Miss Bianca here first. If the eye ain't here we may need to have a little chat with her about it and our missing VP later."
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments

1d8!!: [1] = 1
In spite of the smudged glass and the poor lighting situation, those on top of, or looking in some way through the smudged lights notice that there is a very small snipers nest set up, hanging from some wires. Whoever is under it has covered themselves poorly with a NG Camo Blanket, but you see the tip of a rifle sticking out of the front, and out of the back the naked tail of a Mutant Rat.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Notice: 1d6+2!!: [2]+2 = 4 Wild: 1d6+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
Dice rolls
Notice: 1d6+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
User avatar
Dr. Enderson
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Dr. Enderson »

Dr. Enderson makes note of the sniper's nest and pings an alert to
Gun-Naming All-Rounder and XO
Image
and
Snarky Sniper
Image
. >>Sniper nest.
The Goon Squad will take Aim on the sniper.
for the operation to commence then eliminate the enemy sniper immediately.<<
The doctor proceeds to pull up local weather data and
Inspiration for Shooting: +4
Battle 1d8!: [8!, 8!, 5] = 21
Wild 1 1d6: [3] = 3
for his snipers and feeds the data to them. Mid-calculation he takes a moment to factor in Kara's current location and begins feeding her telemetry and weather data as well.
Dr. Enderson, Human Body-Fixer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(8)
  • Command is the basic ability to give clear instructions and support to allies in the thick of battle. Extras in Command Range add +1 to their Spirit rolls when attempting to recover from being Shaken and Vigor when attempting to recover from being Stunned.
    : +1 to Allies’ Shaken or Stunned recovery rolls.
    • Command Range: Allies must be within 5″ (10 yards) to benefit from her abilities.
  • Selfless heroes and determined leaders know their greatest strength often comes from their companions, and are willing to give some of their own fortune, fate, or luck to support them.

    A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with. The player should explain what form this takes, from a quick shout of encouragement to a welcome pat on the back.
    : The hero may freely give her Bennies to others.
  • Followers:The hero has five followers.
  • Hold the Line: +1 to Allies' Toughness in Command Range.
  • Inspire: Once per turn, the hero may roll his Battle skill to Support one type of Trait roll, and apply it to everyone in Command Range.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Menacing: +2 to Intimidation.
  • Natural Leader: Leadership Edges now apply to Wild Cards.
  • Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.

    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    : The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3
Bennies: 4/4; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature


Ammo Level: High
Goon Squad Condition: Uninjured; Fatigued (Bumps and Bruises); -1 to rolls

Personnel Status (if different from Above):
Spike (Treacherous): Uninjured
Nemo (Artistic): Uninjured
Shade (Sneaky): Uninjured
Paradox (Clueless): Uninjured
Mouse (Cowardly): Uninjured
User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara noted the potential sniper nest and whispered over the tactical comms, "Clara, be careful. There is a tango near you that might be watching your activity. " She provided the direction and distance from the scout's position.

Notice 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6+2!!: [3]+2 = 5

Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

Mask hunkered down at the warning, even though she wasn't named specifically. If Clara was at risk, and Mask was standing beside her, it was reasonable to assume she was at risk as well.

"Do you have shot?" she asked Kara over the radio. "Or do you need one of us to take care of this problem?"
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

"Alright now, what sort of tango are we talkin about here? Is this goin to be puttin a hitch in our giddiup or are we still good to go with starting this party? Or ending it depending on yer view of things. Inquiring minds want to know." Jack hisses into his mic.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Dr. Enderson
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Dr. Enderson »

>>Shade, Nemo stand down. Kara has the sniper's nest.
The Goon Squad is going on hold.
and provide covering fire.<<

Dr. Enderson stops calculating data for Shade and Nemo, however he continues monitoring the situation for his team and provides them with as accurate friend and foe positioning as is possible. For @Kara Acoma, the doctor continues feeding her firing solutions and other pertinent data.

@Jack Cooper mentions attempting to take down the juicer, so Dr. Enderson decides to provide him support as well, "I will keep you appraised of the positioning of friends and foes as well as potential avenues of egress. Juicers are still flesh and blood, so a bullet to the brain or heart works just as well as against a non-juicer. You'll just have a harder time pulling it off. Barring lethal damage to vitals, damaging the bio-comp system should yield results."
Dr. Enderson, Human Body-Fixer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(8)
  • Command is the basic ability to give clear instructions and support to allies in the thick of battle. Extras in Command Range add +1 to their Spirit rolls when attempting to recover from being Shaken and Vigor when attempting to recover from being Stunned.
    : +1 to Allies’ Shaken or Stunned recovery rolls.
    • Command Range: Allies must be within 5″ (10 yards) to benefit from her abilities.
  • Selfless heroes and determined leaders know their greatest strength often comes from their companions, and are willing to give some of their own fortune, fate, or luck to support them.

    A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with. The player should explain what form this takes, from a quick shout of encouragement to a welcome pat on the back.
    : The hero may freely give her Bennies to others.
  • Followers:The hero has five followers.
  • Hold the Line: +1 to Allies' Toughness in Command Range.
  • Inspire: Once per turn, the hero may roll his Battle skill to Support one type of Trait roll, and apply it to everyone in Command Range.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Menacing: +2 to Intimidation.
  • Natural Leader: Leadership Edges now apply to Wild Cards.
  • Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.

    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    : The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3
Bennies: 4/4; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature


Ammo Level: High
Goon Squad Condition: Uninjured; Fatigued (Bumps and Bruises); -1 to rolls

Personnel Status (if different from Above):
Spike (Treacherous): Uninjured
Nemo (Artistic): Uninjured
Shade (Sneaky): Uninjured
Paradox (Clueless): Uninjured
Mouse (Cowardly): Uninjured
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Jack cautions @@Dr. Enderson over comms quietly. "Now slow yer roll, Doc. We ain't killin' Miss Bianca just yet. We don't know they eye is here fer sure and we sure don't know where our missing VP is."

Jack moves a bit further around the room keeping an eye on his target. "I'm betting our employers would prefer we tie up both those loose ends if at all possible. We're probably gonna need some answers and I'm bettin' this little lady will give em to us if we ask real nice like."

Almost as a afterthought Jack offers some advice. "By the way doc, make sure to keep an eye on the gentlemen at the front door. You and your boys are probably in the best position to take care of them and get them out of sight real quick like. Just a bit longer and they'll start kicking people outta here and we'll get the real party started."
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Kara Acoma
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Kara Acoma »

Kara shifted her position and lined up her weapon's crosshairs on the mutant rat sniper under the camo blanket. She analyzed his position, set of the weapon, and his arcs of fire and line of sight.

"Hold one, Clara and Jack, let me check and see how much of the threat he is now. It is not like I can reach out and only wound him. If I take him down, it likely be permanent. "

Looking to determine who can be targeted by the enemy sniper
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2 (missing +2), Wild 1d6+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
Battle 1d4!!: [1] = 1 , Wild 1d4!!: [1] = 1


Parry: 7 (9); Toughness: 8 (Armor 13)
Bennies: 4
Weapon in Hand: Sniper Rifle
Character Sheet
Notice: d6+2 (Optics & Audio packages)
Parry: 7 (9 with Trademark Weapon)
Toughness: 8 (Armor to 13)
Edges: Marskman, Double tap, Steady Hands, Dodge
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

"Copy that, darlin'" Jack murmurs in response to @Kara Acoma "If'n he's armed and hostile like don't hold back on my account. Feel free to do what ya gotta do. Once they start closin' down though we're either gonna have to move or fall back and come up with a plan B."
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Mask wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:33 am There's a shimmer near Clara as she examines the lock, and Mask appears out of it, black clad in her armored bodysuit and it's signature white face mask. She glances at the lock, then at Clara.

"I see I didn't quite miss the fun after all. Need any help with that lock?"
Nein, es ist easy-peasy, ja?," Clara says, jacking in the plug from her cranial cyberware. After a brief moment, the door slides open with a hiss.

1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7


"After you."
Kara Acoma wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:49 am Kara noted the potential sniper nest and whispered over the tactical comms, "Clara, be careful. There is a tango near you that might be watching your activity. " She provided the direction and distance from the scout's position.

1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7


Giving Mask a moment to head inside, Clara turns, not attempting to hide the movement.

"Ja, I am seeing the little tail wag," she says, raising a hand as if to wave to the sniper, then abruptly turning her fist to flash him the bird.

"I am thinking is go-time now," she says, spinning to duck inside the building, rifle at the ready as she heads down the stairs.
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Robert hovers in the window on his bike, keeping an eye his team mates and that there is no trouble.

Notice: 1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7 Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Stealth: 1d6!!: [15!!] = 15 Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

Things start to happen quickly. As soon as Clara opens the door and goes down the short metal flight of stairs to the catwalk, the Ratman twitches and those watching Bianca notice her temporarily focus, as if listening to something via a comm.
Instructions
Turn Order:

Clara AH 9D
Ratman AD
Vinnie KD
Mille KH Tactical 10S 2H
Gangster QH
Jack JS
Dr Enderson 10C 9C
Robert 10D
Bianca 7S
Customers act on a 5D
Mask 3H
Kara 3C

If Jack wants to spend a Benny to get off a shot on Bianca, he is rolling against a 5.
I tend do initiative in groups according to turn order. So Cara goes, then ratman, than anyone who is after ratman but before the next bad guy, the Gangsters in this case, can go, you do not have to go in initiative order, then the next bad guy, etc. If anyone has any questions about this please let me know.
If anyone wants a new card, please let me know asap.
Bianca
Wild Card Parry 6 Toughness 13(5)
Ratman
Wild Card Parry 7 Toughness 11(5) Dodge Edge (-2 to be hit with ranged attacks) Counter-Attack. Ratman has Medium Cover (You can't really see him, but once he is pointed out you can see a vague impression that just might be him. Mask, Clara, and Kara do not suffer from a Cover penalty as they can clearly see him (Cara also has any bonuses from Aiming/Marksman since she has been aiming at Ratman for some time
Gangsters
Extra Parry 5 Toughness 12(5)
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Clara Volker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Clara Volker »

Skipping down the stairs with her rifle readied, Clara emerges to a view of the warehouse below -- and the ratman sniper set up in elevated just a few yards (and a long drop) away.

"Oh, du dreckige ratte, I don't think we want you doing what you are doing," she says. Without skipping a beat, she lets her rifle swing back on its strap and launches herself into the air, her implanted silver vibro-blades extending as she somersaults onto the sniper's platform.


Athletics, with +2 from Who Dares, Wins?
Athletics 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Raise if Who Dares, Wins applies, Success if not.

Fighting is d12+4 with her implants, makes 2 attacks with one action (Frenzy)
Fighting 1 1d12!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
Fighting 2 1d12!!+4: [9]+4 = 13
Wild 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6

Hit and a Raise

Hit: 1d10!!+2d8!!: [9]+[3, 5] = 17 =17 damage, AP 10 = 2 Wounds
Raise: 1d10!!+2d8!!+1d6!!: [5]+[3, 6]+[5] = 19 = 19 damage, AP 10 = 3 Wounds


Pouncing on the prone vermin, Clara puts a pair of neat holes in him -- one on each side of his rib-cage, hopefully venting whatever breath he might have used to scream -- then waits to see if he moves again, or if anyone below reacts to the attack.

[First attack deals 2 Wounds, second attack deals 3 Wounds.]
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Rayman Soak 1d6!! 1d6!!: [1]+[11!!] = 12
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

As things start to happen time slows down for Jack as it tends to do in these situations. "Sorry, darlin." Jack murmurs as his gun hand moves faster than

Spend a benny for the Quick and the Dead
1d10!!: [8] = 8
1d6!!: [2] = 2
+2 for Quick Draw
. The stunner comes up smoothly and Jack exhales as he squeezes the trigger sending the

Shooting 1d12!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
-4 for called shot(head) offset by Sharpshooter Edge

Spending a bennie to reroll!!!
Shooting 1d12!!+4: [7]+4 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+4: [1]+4 = 5
Added another +2 from Elan
right between Bianca's eyes.

Jack grins behind his faceplate as Bianca's eyes cross and she sinks the floor stunned. "The Lady is down for the count, at least for the moment, boys and girls."
Last edited by Jack Cooper on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments

Bianca
Vigor 1d8!! WD 1d6!!: [3]+[1] = 4

Rayman
Unshake
1d6!!-3 1d6!!-3: [11!!]-3+[3]-3 = 8

Wild Attack
1d10!!-3 1d6!!-3: [5]-3+[4]-3 = 3
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Robert Davis Lewis
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Robert Davis Lewis »

Christ, this op has gone to hell. Robert moves his bike into position to shoot a gangster.
Shooting: 1d8!!: [14!!] = 14 Wild: 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
User avatar
Mask
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mask »

For her part, Mask stays low and keeps her eyes on the prize, so to speak. The mission objective was retrieval after all.

A quieter op would have been nice, but she had to face facts. The idea that this was ever going to go down without a fight was pretty naive. As long as the objective was nabbed, that was fine by her.

OOC Comments
No action as I'm not up in init yet; just wanted to be clear that Mask is watching the objective and plans to make a play for it directly. If anyone relocates it, she'll be on them.
User avatar
Vinnie Decker
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Vinnie Decker »

Vinnie scans the room as the fight starts, spotting the biggest group of clustered goons and customers. They're all involved anyway. Focusing his mental energy, he
Declaring intent to hit all 5 individuals with Selective to avoid hitting Mille, bumping Damage (3d6). Increasing blast to LBT.
TK Blast: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
WD TK Blast: 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Benny Blast with Elan: 1d8!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
WD Benny: 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
2nd Benny Blast: 1d8!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
2nd WD Benny: 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
striking everyone except @Mille Visage. The blast gives the goons

Damage with Raise: 4d6!!: [8!!, 1, 4, 1] = 14
Benny Damage: 4d6!!: [3, 3, 2, 2] = 10
though it seems buffeted by some trick of fate, reducing the effectiveness. As a distraction, he calls out to no one in particular. "It's a double-cross! Inside job!"
Vinnie Decker
Vinnie Decker
Current Status Post
Pace: 6; Parry: 5
Toughness: 10 (3)
Armor: NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Pertinent Edges:
Adds +2 to trait rolls when using a Benny
,
may jury rig a Device with a Power of up to 3 Power Points using ISP
,
Add +2 to all Repair rolls
,
Add +2 to any roll to resist Tests using Smarts or Spirit
,
When activating Mind Link, may link to a machine instead of an individual, gaining +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair, and Thievery rolls related to the target machine
,
Add +1 to Thievery when dealing with electronic locks
User avatar
Dr. Enderson
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Dr. Enderson »

When the firing starts, Dr. Enderson is already positioned to begin
Jamming Comms: 9
(+2 Core Electronics Package, +3 Support)
Electronics 1d8!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Goon Squad Support: 13 (+3)
GS Shooting 1d8!: [8!, 5] = 13
GS Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1
with the local communications network. It's a tricky situation because if he interferes too much the authorities would be come suspicious but not thorough enough and the enemy might get a call for backup through. The doc is directly interfaced with the computer, so the work progresses smoothly and quickly.

The enemy force is likely to have their own tech guy, so Dr. Enderson shoots
Point Man and de Facto Leader
Image
a message >>Have the squad watch for enemy interferance. Provide me covering fire while I will focus on jamming the comms.<<

Simultaneously, he taxes his mental faculties to provide
Command: Clara, Jack, Robert and Vinnie have made themselves clear targets at this point. They receive +1 to recover from Shaken and Stunned, and they each have +1 Toughness.
to the rest of the team as needed. The doctor uses what information is available to feed those inside with friendly and enemy locations while he monitors their speech patterns and tone for emotional stability. He barks out warnings where possible, as well.
Dr. Enderson, Human Body-Fixer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17(8)
  • Command is the basic ability to give clear instructions and support to allies in the thick of battle. Extras in Command Range add +1 to their Spirit rolls when attempting to recover from being Shaken and Vigor when attempting to recover from being Stunned.
    : +1 to Allies’ Shaken or Stunned recovery rolls.
    • Command Range: Allies must be within 5″ (10 yards) to benefit from her abilities.
  • Selfless heroes and determined leaders know their greatest strength often comes from their companions, and are willing to give some of their own fortune, fate, or luck to support them.

    A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with. The player should explain what form this takes, from a quick shout of encouragement to a welcome pat on the back.
    : The hero may freely give her Bennies to others.
  • Followers:The hero has five followers.
  • Hold the Line: +1 to Allies' Toughness in Command Range.
  • Inspire: Once per turn, the hero may roll his Battle skill to Support one type of Trait roll, and apply it to everyone in Command Range.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Menacing: +2 to Intimidation.
  • Natural Leader: Leadership Edges now apply to Wild Cards.
  • Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.

    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
    : The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3
Bennies: 4/4; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature


Ammo Level: High
Goon Squad Condition: Uninjured; Fatigued (Bumps and Bruises); -1 to rolls

Personnel Status (if different from Above):
Spike (Treacherous): Uninjured
Nemo (Artistic): Uninjured
Shade (Sneaky): Uninjured
Paradox (Clueless): Uninjured
Mouse (Cowardly): Uninjured
User avatar
Mille Visage
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Mille Visage »

Cuffs on, Intimidate Bianca 12
Intimidate 1d8!!: [14!!] = 14
Wild Intimidate 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Hm... Should probably be a MAP, there, so final roll is a 12. Still pretty good.

Going for Distraction.
Spirit to resist:
1-8: Distracted and Shaken
9-11: Distracted only
12+: No effect.

"Neil", clearly startled by all this gunplay, dives under the table where "he" had been browsing. Using it as a momentary tunnel, Mille crawls out the other side, then dashes over to the stunned Bianca, slapping one of the many pairs of cuffs she keeps handy onto the gang leader. She then pulls out the Honor Guard Ion Blaster and points it at Bianca, the laser sight flickering on and painting a dot between the cyber-jacker's eyes.

"Neil"s voice becomes less comical and stammering, and more sinister and laden with menace (and, oddly, a British accent), as Mille hisses, "At this range, Sweetie, I won't even have to be looking at you to hit something vital. Be good, and do nothing that makes me twitchy."
Signature
Attributes: Agility d8; Smarts d8; Spirit d8; Strength d6; Vigor d8
Pace: 6/8 (d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (6); Strain: 8/8
Abilities:
Common Knowledge d8
Persuasion d10 (Free Re-Roll; Free Re-Roll Streetwise; +1 Foreign Language; +1/+2 Cyber-Attractive)
Stealth d4
Athletics d6
Notice d6 (Visual +2)
Fighting d8 (Cybernetics +2)
Electronics d4
Hacking d4
Intimidation d8
Battle d10 (Scholar +2)
Academics d6
Research d6
Shooting d8
Survival d4
Hindrances: Driven, Vengeful, Ruthless
Edges:
Streetwise, Charismatic, Born Negotiator, Linguistics, Connections: NG Sales, Charmingly Fluent
Command, Master Tactician, Natural Leader
Reliable, Scholar: Battle, Inspire
Danger Sense
Cybernetics
Core Electronics Package
Adrenal System (+2 vs. Shaken/Stunned)
Cy-Wi Reflexes I, Bionic Strength I
HtH Reaction Wiring (+2 Fighting, +1 Parry included)
Gear (Underlined Gear gets Northern Gun Manufacture Bonus: Roll Common Knowledge to cancel TechDifficulty):
Vibro-Knife (2d6 MD, AP 6)
NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 12/24/48; 3d6, AP 2; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG L-20 Pulse Rifle (Range 24/48/96; 4d6, AP 2; RoF 3; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Upgrades: +1 Shooting; Ignore 2 points of accuracy penalties)
(Heavy Pulse: RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, apply Snapfire)
Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun Shells: Range 5/10/20; 1-3d6; Calibrated: +1 Shooting; Shotgun Rules +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Slugs: Range 5/10/20; 2d10; Calibrated: +1 Shooting)
NG-Honor Guard Heavy Ion Pistol (• Range: 8/16/32; Damage: 1– 3d10; Calibrated& Laser Targeting: +2 Shooting; Wide Spread: +2 Shooting; Miss 1/2 on Die = Innocent Bystander)
(Heavy Pulse: Uses 3 Shots, +1 Shooting, +3 Mega-Damage, Snapfire)
(EMP Attack: 3 Shots, Called Shot, Hit/Raise = Shut down 1/2 rounds, Borgs/Bots/Etc resist with Smarts, take 1/2 Fatigue instead)
MDC Handcuffs (Hardness: 20)
NG Grapnel & Launcher: (Cord: 110’, 2000 lb, Hardness 12; Range: 18")
(Shooting Success = Hooked Target; Retract Reel gives +2/+4 Athletics (Climbing); Light Target is pulled closer)
(Unwilling Target resists Shooting w/ Agility; Shooting Success/Raise = Entangled/Bound)
NG Language Translator
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Stoic »

The two gangsters to the north flee the building, running out into the dark streets (Illumination -2).

Unshake 4d6: [3, 1, 4, 5] = 13
The two to the left are still visibly stunned by the telekinetic attack. The appear to be reaching for something strapped under the tables, but their fingers can not quite grasp whatever it is.

The two in the middle have no issue and each pulls out a NG-57 Ion Pistol. One fires at Millie and the other fires at Jack.

Millie 1d6+2 Jack 1d6+2: [3]+2+[1]+2 = 8

Millie Hit

3d8!!+2: [7, 1, 3]+2 = 13

Of the two in the middle one again shoots at poor Millie while the other decides that Jack looks like a good target.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Jack Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Re: GoldenEye

Post by Jack Cooper »

Dropping the stun gun Jack's pistols seem to leap into his hands and he
Shooting Skill d12+2

Called shot to the head at gangster that shot at Mille
Bessie +2 from Imp Trademark Weapon, +2 from Big Bore Ammo, Sharpshooter negates called shot penalty
Shooting 1d12!!+4: [7]+4 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
Damage 1-3d6 AP 3 3d6!!+1: [4, 2, 2]+1 = 9
That was sad. Spending benny to reroll damage. Also, forgot extra damage for head shot.
Also forgot raise damage
3d6!!+1: [8!!, 2, 3]+1 = 14 + 1d6!!: [5] = 5 + 4 for head shot. 23 damage AP 3.

Called shot to the head at gangster that shot at Jack
Ion Blaster +2 from Ion, -2 from offhand, Sharpshooter negates called shot penalty

Shooting 1d12!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d12!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Dammit forgot raise and head shot damage.
Damage 1-3d8+2 AP 0 3d8!!+2: [3, 1, 6]+2 = 12 + 1d6!!: [1] = 1 + 4 for head shot. 17 damage AP 0.


that seem the immediate threat.

In a smooth motion from a lifetime of practice Jack brings Bessie up until the sights lines up with the first goon's forehead. Jack see's his eyes go wide as he stares down the barrel back at him and Jack exhales, gently squeezing the trigger. The goon's head snaps back satisfyingly as the Big Bore round smashes into the goon's face.

Without missing a beat Jack swings his Ion Blaster up to line up on the bridge of the second goon's nose. With another breath he squeezes off his second shot and Jack frowns and curses under his breath wondering if he were going to need to waste another shot on him even as he scans for other targets.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Jack Cooper


Player: James
Bennies 1 of 3

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 17(7) Strain: 2/10

Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Level Headed (Cyber), Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Improved Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid

Post Reply

Return to “Active Jobs”