Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Full Metal Adventures in the Iron Kingdoms
Post Reply
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

You are about to embark on what we hope is a long a fruitful career delving into the mysteries of creatures and entities beyond the normal limitations of our world. We understand you might have questions about the challenges ahead, so we at the Strangelight Workshop have put together this reference, now in its second volume, to help get you started on the right foot.

The following pages include information about the capabilities and limitations of supernatural entities your fellow agents have observed while in the field. We strive to be as comprehensive as possible, but the Strangelight Workshop is always encountering new, unreal things out there. If you encounter something not described in your copy of
Known Incorporeal & Disembodied Entities, be sure to record as much information as possible and attempt to return it to the closest Strangelight Workshop chapter house or known affiliate. Remember, there are others out there who are relying on you!

—Commander Banning Keller, dictated but not read


Ceryl, northeastern Cygnar, early summer 611 AR

In response to Blackwell Hall, the headquarters of the Strangelight Workshop, receiving an urgent request for aid your team has been dispatched to investigate a suspect haunting at a steamjack workshop within the city of Ceryl proper. Your task is to determine the nature of said hunting and then resolve it. After taking a horse and wagon, loaded with your various pieces of equipment, through the hilly streets of Ceryl you arrive at a brick factory that bears the legend; LOCHLAN BROTHERS 'JACK REPAIRS.

There is a small crowd of spectators milling around outside the building, most of them grease-strained Gobbers but a few Humans as well dressed in workman's or mechanik's clothing. Two men stand out for wearing suits and sharing similar facial features that suggest a family relation, though neither look all that pleased. One of the men addresses you sternly. "You that lot from Blackwell?"

"About time you showed up." The man continued. "Cronan Lochlan, this is my brother Kirwin. We've got a problem that we want dealt with sharpish so we can get back to work."

Kogul the Ogrun Bouncer busied himself with sorting out the equipment on the wagon as the team's investigator Molly stepped forward. "Professor Malone. Yes, we're from Blackwell and intend to resolve the matter as quickly as we can."

"Just let me assemble my team and we'll get started." Molly added, pulling out a notebook and pencil. "A few questions if you don't mind?"

"When did the haunting begin? What have you experienced? Any changes or something happened that may have caused it?" Continued Molly. "We've found it best to get as much information as we can to help determine what we're dealing with, though I'm sure my team may have questions as well."
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

Algon stands from the wagon, his person completely concealed by his black cowl, cloak, and already-donned Ghost Hood. Show time. Algon seems to float over to Molly as his footsteps do not make a sound, and he takes position just behind and to her side. He silently waits, and listens, for Molly’s initial interrogation to end before announcing, ”I am a Caller of Blackwell Hall. Do any of you know what that means?” He pauses, expectantly, to build tension, ”It means I have a special talent for getting spooks, specters, and spirits to open up and talk. So, I beg you now to divulge, in confidence, any guilts, doubts, concerns, or sins you think might be responsible for the present poltergeist. Because, when I go in there, there isn’t anything that ghost won’t tell me.” Algon turns slightly, ”This is your chance to tell me your side of the story.” Algon begins to walk towards the arch of the door (or anywhere he thinks looks sufficiently confessional), and motions the first person to move toward him or look guilty with his hand.


Persuasion 3
OOC Comments
Algon's attempt at persuade the workers and/or foremen to provide more details of their more... intimate connections to the haunting.
Persuasion 1d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Last edited by Algon Waelan on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena steps out and brushes the front of her apron. See looks around at the people there and scowls. She shoulders her toolkit and hefts her very large spanner wrench over her shoulder.

"Alright, where's the f&*%ing Jack?" she mumbles gruffly, waiting for someone to point her in the right direction.
OOC Comments
Just so everyone knows, I'm still looking for a good character picture. The one I have posted is close, but he hair color and body height is wrong.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

The Lochlan brothers seem put out by the barrage of questions, though they somewhat awkwardly answer after Molly smiled sweetly following input from the rest of the team.

"Well...started round a week or so ago." One of the brothers answered. "Tools being moved, parts being broken and some of the 'jacks moving even with no steam."

"We took over this place coupla months back, came into a bit of money from an inheritance and there's a big demand for 'jack repairs." Continued the brothers. "Guy we brought it was retiring and didn't mention any issues."

"We're all above board here, well aside from being pestered by the Steamo Union."

Kogul, meanwhile, had busied himself unloading equipment like strangelight projectors from the wagon. The mighty Ogrun, with almost unbelievable gentleness, carefully lifted up an enclosed woven basket and placed by Molly's feet. Unexpectedly one of the brothers started having a sneezing fit and cried in alarm as he stumbled backwards. "Gah! Keep that blasted thing away from me!"

"What? The cat?" Asked Molly.

"My brother is allergic to cats." The other Lochlan answered. "He'll be sneezing now for a good few minutes."
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena, noticing Kogul unloading the equipment, turns and shouts at the 'jack on the wagon.

"Sparky!!! Wake up! Get off that wagon and stand by!" She adds a few gestures to her shouting and the laborjack chugs to life.
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

After a minute in the arch with no takers, Algon senses... presences and ponders what the brothers have said so far. With renewed professionalism, he returns to Molly’s side and furthers the interrogation:
“What does the Steamo Union think you owe them?”

After they answer, Algon begins a new line of inquiry:
“Why, exactly, do you think this is of interest to us? You haven’t mentioned any encounters which could only be explained by contact with the spiritual realm.” Algon calls to the mechanik to support his questioning, ”Jelena, what could cause a ‘Jack to move besides steam? Can’t a sufficiently powerful arcanist move them, too?”

While the brothers respond, his thoughts turn to his spirit synesthesia, the contradictory sense that does not mean what it should. Algon smells back powder and the taste of silver in the presence of spirits, and winces (inwardly) as if near the boom of gunshots, to know their quantity or power.
Last edited by Algon Waelan on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
UnAngelVerde1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Duganh helped Kogul unload the cart and then went up to the professor, with his armor donned inside his Jamming suit, and broke the safeties to let it fill with gas. So, nice to meet yeh. Duganh Flint, spectral security, or Jamming. My theatral partner here rises a few great questions. Might actually be those krumping Gremlins, rather than a phantom or something of the like. Duganh scanned the entries and machinery. There was all kinds of littl holes to crawl up into. If that's true you're adopting a cat.
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

"Jack don't run if it ain't got no power. 'Cept of course if some kinda magic is pushing it around. Or some kinda supernatural something."

Jelena spit on the ground and look around at Sparky.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

One of the Lochlan brothers walks a short distance down the street sneezing whilst the other brother answered. "The Union has been...aggressive with trying to get our workers to sign-on with 'em. We treat our workers fairly and pay a fair wage, but the Union insists that we abide by their standards."

"You asked if we were hiding something, we answered." The Lochlan brother replied. "Being pestered by the Union is the only trouble we have."


Molly continues to scribble notes in her notebook, though looks up at Duganh's suggestion. "Yes, Gremlins could certainly be a strong candidate here but best to keep an open mind until we've investigated fully. Even if it does prove to be Gremlins, they still full within our remit as Grymkin."


"Gremlins?" The Lochlan brther asked. "We'd heard about 'em, but thought it was nonsense to put us off."
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

stormwell wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:01 am"Being pestered by the Union is the only trouble we have."
Algon smirks under the Ghost Hood, here I thought they had a ghost problem. Let's see what Colossus thinks. Algon retrieves 'Colossus' from the basket, who promptly curls up in his arms. He carries the cat towards the building's entrance while lending it a gentle scratch. As he walks, Algon asks Molly, "What are some common, plural-manifesting entities?"
OOC Comments
Colossus resembles a Maine Coon.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
UnAngelVerde1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Agreed Answered Duganh to the investigator We should ask the workers too, and start investigating. Should i take Kogul and seal the area? Duganh had since proceded to start his pipe and smoked lazily as the big hoomans chatted. He also produced a revolver and checked if everything was alright. Also, what do you produce here? And what do you use for it?
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

Algon Waelan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:43 amAlgon smirks under the Ghost Hood, here I thought they had a ghost problem. Let's see what Colossus thinks. Algon retrieves 'Colossus' from the basket, who promptly curls up in his arms. He carries the cat towards the building's entrance while lending it a gentle scratch. As he walks, Algon asks Molly, "What are some common, plural-manifesting entities?"
OOC Comments
Colossus resembles a Maine Coon.
"The March of the Dead in Elsinberg comes to mind." Answered Molly. "Though for a multi-spirit manifestation there has to have been a tragic incident involving multiple persons, but I don't think anything like that has happened in this area."

As he was carried closer to the building, Colossus let out a low growl before tensing up and leaping out of Algon's arms. The feline than ran over to the door and started furiously scratching at it, hissing and growling with an arched back.

UnAngelVerde1 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:27 pm Agreed Answered Duganh to the investigator We should ask the workers too, and start investigating. Should i take Kogul and seal the area? Duganh had since proceded to start his pipe and smoked lazily as the big hoomans chatted. He also produced a revolver and checked if everything was alright. Also, what do you produce here? And what do you use for it?
"Probably an idea, though check if Jelena needs a hand." Molly replied, scribbling some notes as she watched the cat's behaviour.

"Oh we don't really produce anything." Answered the Lochlan brother. "We're a repair shop for steamjacks, thought it would be a nice little earner as the various factories are doing extra work for the military on account of the war and all."
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

Curious. It seems the cat's out of the bag. There's only one thing to do. Algon closes his eyes and draws Revolution within his mind's eye; he feels the revolver's shape in his hand before it ever becomes visible. The weapon appears as if by burning away paint. Revolution has the appearance of an ornate pistol with a six-chambered cylinder. It's decorated with mysterious filigree of unknown origin, which seem to move in peoples' peripheral vision. In reality, Algon appears to stand still - Revolution is only visible to him, unless viewed through Strangelight Goggles. Those with magical talent, though, would swear he had drawn a gun on the cat, only to look and see the elf quietly meditating.

Nonetheless, Algon points Revolution at Colossus. He sets the chamber spinning with a flick of his thumb.
Algon strikes a deal, symbolized by Revolution's chamber.
He antes a Benny, and chooses the Beast Friend power, adding the Mind Rider modifier. This power costs 2 Power Points in total. Then, he Gambles:
Gambling 1d8!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!: [2] = 2
Gambling Result: 5, Success yields a 5 card hand.

Algon draws a 10 of Spaces, 9 of Clubs, 2 of Diamonds, Joker, and 3 of Hearts; he forms a Pair of 10's using the Wild Card for 3 Power Points. He has 1 excess Power Point over the total, and receives the difference as a bonus to the spellcasting roll. Because he drew a Joker, he gets his Benny back.
Spellcasting 1d6!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Wild 1d6!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Spellcasting result: 5; Colossus obeys simple commands as if well-trained, and Algon can communicate and sense through the cat.


Anyone but Algon would flinch seeing the hammer strike - the weapon burns away, concealed by the pigment of reality once more. "Be still, Colossus. What has you so worked up?" asks Algon as he bends down the soothe the feline. Colossus calms immediately.


OOC, Dead Rolls
Apparently Algon's original persuasion roll appeared in this post. I'm sticking them here to hide them.
Persuasion 1d6!-2: [6!, 3]-2 = 7
Wild 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
UnAngelVerde1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Ah, so you have tools, spare parts, industrial metal lathes and a load of jacks. Automated cranes or your own jacks to move the inert ones, right? Good, at least there were not many blades, no exploding powder or alchemical reagents to worry for. Alright then, d'you need a hand, love? Asked the dwarf offering his to his partner.
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena looks over at the Dwarf. "Who you callin' love?"

She turns back to the tool kit and scans it to make sure everything is there. "Sparky can unload whatever we need. Just make sure you don't get into their way." she grumbled.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

@Algon Waelan, the feline processed a burning rage that still smothered and threatened to ignite once more every time the cat glanced in the direction of the building. Despite the soothing attentions of the Iosan, Colossus remained agitated and even growled a little as he sensed prey close by.

Molly stood to one side, leafing through the notes she'd made before snapping the notebook shut and addressing. "Right, I have a notion or two regarding what we might be dealing with here but the only way to know for sure is to go in....shall we?"

"We'll need a couple of the projectors, so make sure you've got your googles ready everyone."
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena settled her goggles over here eyes and hefted her spanner wrench over her shoulder. She motioned for the 'jack to move near the entrance of the building, but remain outside.

She nodded at the rest of the group to indicate her readiness to enter.

"Here we go again." she grumbled.
User avatar
UnAngelVerde1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Jelena wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:01 am Jelena looks over at the Dwarf. "Who you callin' love?"
"Can't blame a man for being flirtuous, can yah? Give us a shout if anything get's dangerous as we're out." commented the Rhullfolk dismisively. "I'll stear clear, no worries. Kogul, friend, come on, we'll seal the premises and get the workers together. Ask them a few questions." He proposed, and with Kogul assistance, they took one of the portable projectors and put the googles on. All ready, they started to walk, carrying a couple of rolls of "closed area" cloth bands to surround the place.
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

"Please, Molly, don't keep your secrets to yourself," chided Algon, as playfully as he could muster. He was nervous about this. A single entity was one thing, even a powerful spirit. Multiple entities were another matter, especially gremlins. Once Algon Called them, he'd have their full attention, and he wasn't sure gremlins would want to talk, if that's what waited inside. With a hand on the door, and a mental leash on Colossus, he called out to the Lochlan brothers one last time, "Is anyone inside?" Algon waited for his teammates to finish preparations, and the answer.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

"What? And ruin the surprise?" Molly grinned back at Algon. "Granted, tis not often everything turn out as they first appear."

The Lochlan brothers, in response to Algon's question, answered. "Nah, there shouldn't be....we've shutdown business til everything's resolved. So we're losing money here with lost work."


Inside the 'jack workshop was as one would typically expect; steamjacks in various stats of repair, various hand tools and a number of Mechanika devices. Everything appeared to be still, though Colossus the cat became more tensed and arched his back as he rapidly glanced round at the interior of the workshop. Under Molly's direction, the Strangelight projectors were positioned to maximise coverage. Once satisfied, Molly called out. "OK, goggles on everyone."

Once the team had donned their goggles, Molly signalled for the projectors, each with it's own spinning disk of tainted lenses, to be started up. Soon the workshop was awash with a peculiar flickering violet illumination as the projectors spun up to speed, creating a hint of shadowy movement as the workshop changed shades. Molly took a few spectragraphs with her handheld lumitype, it's own more focused beam of Strangelight sweeping round the room. "Eyes peeled, call out if you see anything. Algon, you know what you need to do."

Molly's Rolls
-2 for MAP

Notice 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Free re-roll from Astute.

Notice 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Mechanika (for lumitype) 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Benny to re-roll, 1 Benny granted to GM (Hard Choices).

Mechnaika 1d4!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Note to Players
To use the Strangelight Goggles, roll Notice vs a TN of 8.

@Algon Waelan your Ghost Hood has a built-in pair of Goggles, though if you want to try a Calling action you need to roll Spirit instead.
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

With a swish of his cloak, Algon stalks to a clearing in the room, and places himself as far as possible from furniture, boxes, and equipment. With a satisfied snort, he detaches his cloak from the Ghost Hood and activates the arcane device as it falls silently to the ground. In the cloak's place, a
The veil is only remotely visible due to the Strangelight projectors.
seems to fall down from around the edges of the hood, cutting off Algon's senses from the physical world. He enters a
Algon activates the Caller feat, gaining +2 to Persuasion checks with spirits, and the ability to overcome and cultural or language barriers between himself and the spirits. This is a full round action.
, preparing for the Calling.

Next Turn
Algon rolls his shoulders, cracks his knuckles, and with his left hand, Algon draws his carbine pistol from its holster. In the Strangelight, it emits arcing tongues of fire, indicating the superposition of Revolution over the physical weapon. Algon empties the chambers, then dramatically produces an immaterial bullet in his right hand. He loads it into the pistol, and with a flick,
Algon attempts to Call the spooks.
Spirit 1d8!: [8!, 7] = 15 Rolled by mistake.
Persuasion 1d6+2!: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1
Result: 5, pending GM approval
.
OOC, Players + GM
Algon traps his "Call" with a simulated game of Russian Roulette (or its in-fiction analogue). It's not a real bullet, but it isn't fake either. At any rate, the 'trance' is a full round action, and the calling is Algon's action for the next round. If something comes up and he needs to do more, I'll update the numbers here with other modifiers, and quote it in another post.
Dead Rolls
Not sure how these got here.
Spirit 1d8!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!: [5] = 5
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena motions to Sparky to remain outside the workshop, but ready if she called. She stepped inside, grumbling under her breath. Once inside, she surveyed the shop, noting to herself where any handy tools might be if she needed to use them to smack things around.

At the call from Molly, she settled her goggles on her face and waiting for the projectors to ramp up. Once they were spinning, she took a careful look around the room.

Notice 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
User avatar
UnAngelVerde1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

After the two had locked the perimeter and rounded up the workers, Duganh called to them So, we might be shaking a beehive soon so it's better for yah to stay together. We might 'ave a couple of questions if we can't find evidence of whatever is in 'ere. So stay safe, folks.

Kogul stayed out and put on the googles, and Duganh got in as the projectors were turned on Thank you for waiting, e? He prepared his black penny and started to look around.

Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

-Fixed Dice rolls, GM.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

@Algon Waelan attempts his Calling and senses a mischievous presence along with some disturbing, off-key giggling.

The feline Colossus, released from Algon's influence, darts around the workshop like he's having a mad moment. In the violet gloom of the Strangelight, the cat seen be seen lashing out at vague shadows roughly a foot high, which scatter before the animal's assaults. It is @Jelena who can see the curious shadows for what they really are; comedic but ugly looking creatures with large pointed ears, rough leathery skin and gainly looking limbs.

Note to Players

Presuming Jelena informs everyone else of the adjustments need for the goggles, you'll be able to see that the workshop is indeed infested by gremlins. Thankfully these pesky little Grymkin critters can be dealt with in a number of different ways as listed below;
  • Destroying every piece of machinery and Mechanika in the workshop, though the Lochlan brothers might have a thing or two to say about this...
  • Gremlins can be banished from whatever device they're currently cohabitating, either by a Cult of Cyriss priest or Algon doing an opposed Spirit roll at -2.
  • Strangelight Workshop has gear for dealing with gremlins but, you know, experimental Mechanika and all that.
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

OOC Comments
Algon will attempt the opposed roll. I will likely spend a Benny.
Spirit 1d8!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!: [5] = 5

Benny.
Spirit (B) 1d8!: [2] = 2
Wild (B) 1d6!: [4] = 4
Result: 2; -2 for Circumstance
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena grubmles at the sight. "Grymkin. Figures. A whole gaggle of them. Can you do anything about these pests, @Algon Waelan ?"
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

Algon cannot hear @Jelena with the Ghost Hood active, or anyone else. Only those infernal Gremlins.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

"Well...this is an irritation." Molly mutters with a slight note of disappointment in her voice. "Admittedly not that surprising."

"OK people, looks like we're now dealing with an extermination job." Continued Molly. "Jelena, there should be gear for this on the wagon. Duganh, give Algon's shoulder a good shake to make sure he's still with us please."

"Your call on how you want to handle this people."
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

Algon stood eerily quiet, before he let out an unnerving chuckle. He hated failure. I'm the Caller. It's my job call the ghosts. I'm not going to let some stupid contraptions beat me to breaking these gremlins. Algon raised Revolution to his own temple, and
Algon will attempt to Deal, and antes a Benny (1/3 remain). Algon chooses the Boost Trait power, targeting himself to increase Spirit. It costs 2 Power Points in total.

Gambling to determine Hand Size
Gambling 1d8!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9
Result: 9, that's a success with a raise for a 7 Card Hand.

Algon's Hand
Joker :black_joker: 3 :spades: J :hearts: J :diamonds: J :clubs: 10 :diamonds: 7 :spades:
Four of Kind, for 15 Power Points, and the effect, duration, and/or damage is doubled. Algon gets his Benny back (2/3) for drawing a Joker.

Power Activation
Algon spends 2 of the available Power Points on Boost Trait, and uses the remaining 13 Power Points to modify the roll.
Spellcasting 1d6!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9
Result: 22; 9 + 13 from Four of a Kind.


Algon's quiet chuckle rose to a maddened cackle as his ego surged. Something... dark... laughed with him.

@stormwell
OOC Comments
Algon activated Boost Trait, and chose to boost his Spirit. Since the effect is doubled, could he boost to d12+2?
---

ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • Boost Spirit: 1/5 rounds spent, Algon's Spirit is increased to (at least) d12 from d8.
CHARACTER STATUS
Unwounded, Ego slightly bruised.
Dread Bennies Offered: 1
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Power Points: 10
Combat Abilities
  • Deal with the Dead? Algon can strike a Deal for power, potentially casting any Huckster power by engaging in Gambling and Spellcasting.
  • Card Sharp: Algon may reroll any Gambling roll, including a Deal.
  • Commune with Spirits: Algon ignores barriers to communication and receives a +2 bonus to Persuasion rolls with spirits in any turn his sole action is to Call or communicate with spirits.
Last edited by Algon Waelan on Thu May 06, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena grumbled and muttered under her breath.

Gremlins... she thought.

She poked her head out of the workshop and glared around.

"Sparky!" she shouted at the 'jack. "Bring over the extermination gear. You know what we need. Just like I've showed you before."

She stepped out of the workshop and closed the door behind her, watching the 'jack get what was needed.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by stormwell »

Gremlin Whackin' Time

Time to deal with the pesky critters.

Each of you will need to make a roll depending on what action you're taking, a success and each raise will net you one defeated Gremlin.

The resident Caller can do an opposed Spirit roll at -2.

Stun Baton can be used by having it touch whatever device is suspected to be infested and then rolling Mechanika.

Combat skills (Fighting, Shooting, etc) can be used on Gremlins out in the open.

Lastly Athletics can be used to snatch up stunned Gremlins in order to shove them into a Gremlin proof Containment Unit.

Failure could result in your gear getting infested or worse....
User avatar
Jelena
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Jelena »

Jelena will scan the shop, looking for the sneaky chumps to move into range. She will whack them with her spanner wrench (club).

Fighting 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2


Spending a Benny on that one

Reroll Fighting 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Reroll Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
User avatar
Algon Waelan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by Algon Waelan »

OOC Comments
Algon will attempt to crush as many gremlins as he can with his effervescent ego. He will take two actions to do so.

First Action / Dread Reroll
Spirit 1d12+2!: [2]+2 = 4 / Spirit 1d12+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6 / Wild 1d6!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Result: 2 (-4); -2 MAP, -2 Check

Spirit 1d12!+2: [10]+2 = 12
Wild 1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7 I forgot to add the bang, but it has no effect on the outcome
Result: 8 (-4); -2 MAP, -2 Check
GingerGiant, of GingerGiant#6877 fame.

Characters
User avatar
UnAngelVerde1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Strangelight: Workshop Woes

Post by UnAngelVerde1 »

Duganh was unsurprised but didn't let down his guard. Who was to say there was not a big grymkin to command this little fellas Sorry fellas, but a job is job. He said as he found a goot spot to stand and watch over the minimonsters from above
Assesment
-Spiritual Threat Assessment (Background Edge)
Just like the Bouncer, your job is to protect the team but from spiritual rather than physical threats. When engaging a spiritual foe, you may roll Occult to gain +1 bonus for a success and each raise against said foe for the rest of the combat.

Occult[roll]1d6[/roll] Savage [roll]1d6[/roll]
After Duganh decided this was as good a shot as he was going to get, he started exterminating pests Whoever feels less lucky with kicking grymkin ass start taking them out of the machines, please?
Whacking
Fight! [roll]1d8[/roll] Savage [roll]1d6[/roll]
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”