Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition
Helicopter Crash at the rock outcropping, Ophelia, Big Joe, Mercer


The trio more or less reached the outcroppibg of rocks where the helicopter crashed. Quite near not more than 10 feet away the leyline popped and crackled. It seemed like the line was holding energy at this point rather than dispersing it along the rest of it. The scene of the crash was horrific, twelve mangled bodies of the coalition research team were strewn across the rocky outcropping covered in the smoldering wreckage of the helicopter (Black Lightening model). At first it looked like all hands went down but incremental movement and soft moans for help from some of the passangers quickly revealed not all hope was lost. Or was it?

A male on the ground, half his face burned, and his body lodged between plates of metal, cried out to the would be rescuers, “Forget us…. Argghh…. The canister, take it back to Fort Eldorado…. In the aft section, Sanchez… You’ll be a her-“ It was almost like he was delerious, but seeing the team at the crash site his words caught in his throat. “Prosek’s B…. It had to be you eh Mercer?” The familiarity in his voice was all steel peppered with hatred. Somehow, through the pain of a broken arm he managed to raise his laser pistol. What could be seen of the man’s insignia would put him at General. “What did I tell you when you left our division Mercer, I’d kill you…. Argghh…” The general’s arm fell and his head went limp. He slipped into unconsciousness but still gulping in shallow breaths.

Amazingly, and surely a credit to the CS manufacturing team in Iron Heart, the pilot, copilot and six passangers in the main fore compartment were in some critical state of barely hanging onto life. Quick action would be needed to stabilize the lot. The aft section seemed a bit worse off than the fore, the group could see four decimated bodies. One of them had a death grip on an intact silver canister. Their bodies were marred beyond recognition. There was nothing the team could do for those four…

But then the dead in the aft moved! All four twitched and rose as one as if puppets having their strings pulls. Three shambled towards the group, while the one with the canister shambled in the opposite direction looking for a way off the rocky out cropping!
Mercer meets General Daveed Davies Maverick
To see the general again, like this, was it something Mercer was ever truly prepared for? The General Belonged to one of the founding families of the Coalition and was as a keen observor of the arcane as any. But his strength lay in his creative thinking of how to pervert the arcane to some advantage for the coalition. Rumors abound as to what his fingers were into. From Juicer uprising, to the Xictic Anti-Monster Hunter.
Ophelia
A wave of arcane energies was unleashed by someone near. Those Bodies turned zombies were being ensorcelled by someone!
Big Joe
You cannot shake this feeling you are being stalked. Once at the rock outcropping you thought you saw something dart in-between two trees close to the rock outcropping.
Science or occult either at -2
You got an explosive rift on your hands.
Ok folks, lets do a bit of a dramatic task time. Each of your posts below has a modifier granted by the speed you were able to get to the crash site. The task also has a negative modifier caused by the trouble the shambling zombies represent.

Dramatic Task: save the dying CS
There are eight possible wounded people to save, so 8 tokens and you have one round to stabilize as many as possoble. Every success and raise you achieve is one token or person stabilized.

Skill: the skill must in some form be able to heal wounds or stabilize. So arcane skill is fine if the character has the heal power. Or you can use the heal skill.
This skill roll is made with a modifier: -2, there is some trouble on the rocky outcropping that is making the task a bit difficult.
Support your self: spend a benny and you can roll an appropriate skill In support of your self(The support roll skill is rolled at -1, and does not share the speed bonus). This can grant up to a +2 bonus to your heal attempt. If you choose an attack roll as the support skill and score one success you also kill one zombie. This is essentially a free action.

Directions:
1) Support yourself (spend a benny)
2) Heal skill roll
3) Narate what it all looks like.
Domes, combat, Clark, Antipas, Cass, Tasura, and Luke

The semi translucent white domes jutted out of the forest floor just fifty feet from a sparkling crackling leyline. An unnatural audible crackle and pop was coming from the line. From the forest floor as you approached it was clear that the Domes had to be at least thirty feet tall. Shadows would appear on the left one from time to time while nothing it seemed was in the right. The group only got 25” from the domes when they encountered forces sent my the Federation of Magic.

The two Domes’ entry doors were facing each other separated by about 20ft of cleared brush. The door on the left opened. A man wearing a CS uniform ran out screaming as he tried desperately tried to get something off his back, “It’s on me, it’s on me! Get it off!!!” He fell to the ground his screaming became more of a murmur.

At the closest side of the left Dome a horrifying amalgamation of someone who used to be a juicer but now an undead horror burst through the translucent wall wielding a pair of vibro blades one in each hand, It growled “Flesh!!”, another one popped out behind him similarly adorned. Both looked at the group of heroes approaching and began to advance upon them.

From up in one of the trees no more than 10” away from the group of heroes a pair of juicers laughed. One of them, a woman in juicer plate, called down at the group. She was suspended by some kind of climbing harness, “That’s far enough. M’ name’s Jenny Jergins. Uh yeah you might was to toss down your weapons mates. Harold and Moe are pretty hungry. This area is now under the control of the Federation of Magic. Drop yer weapons and sod off.” Her eyes flared up matching the color of her wavy red hair for an instant, clearly she was nearing the end of her life. The other one, a male with a salt and pepper beard, likewise suspended was wearing a blue and black tee shirt over his plate armor. The shirt had a stylized font which read Kole Hole. This man was a bit older and he nudged his compatriot pointing down at @Cassiopeia.

The two juicers were not alone, up scattered in the trees were at least three more juicers essentially forming a tree top height picket line the group would have to go through to get to the domes. Jenny Jergins shook off her fellow juicer adamantly nudging her, and barked orders at another two juicers hiding in some brush down on the forest floor while pointing at the fallen CS soldier still murmuring and scratching at his back, “Leave it alone Stern, Kole is dead. Prepare, that one for Daxon Fell. Feds paid us good cred to bring him anything strange.” You see the two additional juicers move through the forest floor towards the fallen CS soldier in front of the open dome door. One of them called back, “You got it Jergins!”

While the two zombified juicers, also known as Murder Wraiths seemed to be lumbering towards the group approaching the domes, the rest of the Juicer’s seemed content to wait to see if weapons were about to be thrown down or fired before acting.
Xander for Luke
”Luke, I have finished my two day analysis of the sludge and have determined it’s origon. It is b-…” Xander went quiet and for a brief second the suit lost all power. Xander returned, “Warning power at critical levels. Reserves almost depleted. Dumping memory to preserve core functions. Warning…” The suit was starting to became heavy and movement lethargic. Luke new he needed to find power soon or quite possibly in three days it would become his metallic tomb. Vigor roll or suffer level of fatigue as your habit for power kicks in.
Notice
In the left dome a series of humanoid figures rose one by one till a dozen of them were standing upright. You could not really see who or what they were. They appeared as black shadows against the white translucent domes.
Ok so we are in combat, I laid out the cards and a place for you to post below, neither side is surprised.

Forest provides -2 to hit with range due to cover.
Leyline is about 30” away.
Antipas Queen of something
Luke 10 spade
Bad guys 10 hearts(hold)
Clark 7 spade
Cass 4 diamond
Tasura 4 club
BC1A4270-61A1-4D40-BE56-993E250BF158.jpeg
A4551E1E-FAFB-4994-B402-76011060BA2C.png
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Mercer
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Mercer »

“I put the Mercer in don’t go Mercer!
Dramatic Task: Save the CS! Oh wait add in some zombies.
+1 Benny
+2 to task for fast movement
Occult d8+2-2: 1d8!!: [2] = 2 , and Wild Die 1d6-2: 1d6-2!!: [6]-2 = 4 , that should have exploded? Whatever, Success; Mercer knows it’s an Explosive Rift: As may be surmised, this is another particularly dangerous Rift. As soon as one comes into being, Ley Line Walkers can tell it’s only got a few seconds before it explodes and disappears. Tendrils of energy lash out violently in all directions as the portal rapidly expands, sending terrain and everything (and everyone) in its path to another world. Anyone too close must make an Agility check at −2 to avoid being transported. After 4d6 seconds (ignore the Rift Duration table), it explodes, doing 3d6 Mega Damage over a large area—a city block, at least.
Psionics, Telekineticly shooting rifle: at a -1 to this roll: 1d8!!: [2] = 2 , 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Second bennie for reroll: 1d8!!: [3] = 3 , 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Third Bennie for reroll: 1d8!!: [5] = 5 , 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Just read Tk power. I’m supposed to do Shooting not Psi roll. Ugh. So here goes…1d10+1-1

1d10!!: [6] = 6 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Healing Skill
1d4+2!!: [2]+2 = 4 1d6+2!!: [1]+2 = 3
So 1 (one) CS saved / 1 token.

Saved One Coalition Soldier: Lieutenant Elayna Maverick, CS Commando. Related to Jude I assume 😉

The General spoke with true unbridled hatred. The exiled CS Major watched as the dying man raised a blaster towards him. Jesse Mercer was momentarily frozen. He just didn’t care if his old commander and friend shot him dead.

I betrayed him. I deserve his hate.

General Daveed Davies Maverick had been a mentor, friend and commander to Mercer.

* 102 PA (Pre-Tolkeen wars)

Captain Jesse James Mercer stood next to the legendary Colonel Maverick. Mercer was both excited and scared. Excited to cross through the Rift to worlds unknown and scared of the Colonel and his reputation at the same time.

”Right! Listen up. You four stay close to me. When I go you follow. We can’t be but an hour behind that dimensional raider. Forward observation states the world on the other side hasn’t changed. Sgt. Del stays high in the SAMAS and watches us three on the ground. Mercer is our tracker. Sgt. Vance your head stays on a swivel, don’t let anything sneak up on us. Let’s go. We jump over to this shite-hole world, track’n kill the raider and get back in time for dinner.”

“Yes Sir!”

“Speaking of which Captain, my young ladies were hoping you’d have dinner with us. They would love to meet the man I have been telling them about. I said you might take my job when I retire. They’d like to meet you.”

“Aye Sir.”


The CS moved through the rift.

….

* 109 PA (towards the end of the CS Tolkeen wars)

Mercer’s son lay dead. The spec ops team the Major was assigned to oversee were milling about guarding non-human prisoners and looking like they were itching to just kill the damn D-Bee’s and move on. Mercer had ordered the D-Bee group captured instead of killed. He knew the men were losing faith in him. They couldn’t understand why they were taking prisoners. Especially considering how bloodthirsty the Major ordinary was. Mercer’s son lay dead. Somewhere in the rubble of Tolkeen his only son lay dead. Jesse had wanted revenge but General Maverick had ordered his ops team to a new target. Mercer himself had shot the lizard man mage dead just minutes ago before it could cast any spells. Then ordered the team to capture not kill the rest. Mercer had sent a message to the Tolkeen freedom fighters about their location and detailing they had prisoners. The Tolkeen forces would likely be here soon to save the D-Bee’s.

Gunnery Sergeant Logan Brigham was making his way over to the Major holding out a radio towards Mercer. He could already hear Maverick on the radio screaming to just kill the mutants and mages and move on! Then the cadre of Cyber Knights had cut into them all. Killing his men and freeing the prisoners. Sir Redheart had cut his psi blade across Mercer’s face leaving him to die. He would have too had the freed D-Bee’s not saved him.



Returning to the present Jes looked at the CS General’s head slumped down in death and Mercer felt both relief and loss. There were people that needed saving.

Turning his attention to the crashed helicopter Mercer took a deep breath and toggled the jet pack on.

In and out of the flames. Several soldiers pulled out of the flames and destruction.

Kneeling next to a injured young man Mercer pulled out a med-kit and set about trying to save the man’s life. Triage told the former Major that this particular man stood a better chance at surviving than the others. Cries of pain frothed by dying mouths scattered around him, Jesse concentrated on the soldier before him.

Briefly looking around he was glad to see a few of his traveling companions had joined him in the process of saving lives. He worked fast and quietly trying to not become the attention of the murder wraiths.

Utilizing Ophelia’s mind link Mercer tells Big Joe and the woman of the extreme danger the Ley Line imposed. Telling them to stay as far away from it as possible.

Holding the energy rifle above himself with telekinesis he fires off a shot or two at the wraiths as his hands work on trying to save a life.

Continuing to patch up the soldier in front of him Mercer sees one of the murder wraith jerk towards his location. Grumbling under his breath Jesse grabs more gauze and tape and keeps working on the soldiers injuries. ”Damn fools. What the hells are you all doing out here man.”

The soldier removes their helmet with their one good hand and Mercer realizes they are a she.

”My father, where is he? … Where is my father, General Maverick? … I’m … I feel dizzy. I know you. Dad recommend you for promotion… to General… Uncle Jes?”

Mercer shushed the young woman as he worked, thankfully it looked like she had passed out. Mercer tried to not throw up once he realized who he was patching up and he could hear the undead juicer getting closer…
The Black Company — GAMEMASTER
Lost Jungles (Coalition States) — Assistant GM

  • Lars
    Discord: Daniel (Lars)
Savage Rifts Player Characters




  • Open Account

  • Open Account

User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Big Joe »

“I am big, I am Joe. Pretty much built for awesome.”
Dramatic Task: Save the CS! Oh wait add in some zombies.
+1 Benny
+2 to task for fast movement




“I am big, I am Joe. Pretty much built for awesome.”
Dramatic Task: Save the CS! Oh wait add in some zombies.
+1 Benny
+2 to task for fast movement

Joe sees the injured people and regrets it instantly. He was hear to kick ass, but sometimes the lives of others get in the way. What kind of a scum bag would leave them like that? Well, that was not Joe. Reaching out Joe begins healing the passengers. His healing powers where some of the best there was and this was something he could do in his sleep, heck, he did not even need to regrow a limb for these guys.

Looking at Mercer and the bald lady he says. "I can get these guys, it is kind of my niche. The only thing I do as well as fighting. If you stop those things so I have breathing room." But as he speaks he sees the bald lady finally catch up and start healing just as good as he did. "Ah man, what the hell. You are better than me at it. Well, I can at least help."

The work is hard, it was not enough to close up the wounds of the men in the crash. One of them, a very attractive female enlisted, was trapped, her legs pinned under the seat. Joe's remarkable training and fitness was enough he was able to put to work pulling and straining to get the seat off of her. One he healed her Joe smiles and winks at the Corporal. "Name Joe, if you have time after we are done saving you. Maybe we could grab a drink?"


Psionic Healing 1d10!! or 1d6!! +4 to whichever is Higher +2 from healer and +2 From GM ruling on the scene: [9]+[5] = 14
13 with -2 from zombies and +1 support for 12 total

Spend last benny to Support self Athletics 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! with -1 to support roll.: [5]+[4] = 9
Last edited by Big Joe on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
3/3 Bennies
30/30 ISP
+1 Benny for Trouble.

Spend a Benny to Support self with Stealth
Scene Penalty -1; Stealth with Ghosting d6+4
Stealth 1d6!!+3: [10!!]+3 = 13
Wild Stealth 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Net +2, Murder a Zombie

Spend a Benny to roll Spirit instead of Healing
No Speed Modifier; -2 Scene Penalty; +2 Stealth Support
Spirit 1d8!!: [13!!] = 13
Wild Spirit 1d6!!: [4] = 4
3 CS soldiers saved

2/3 Bennies
Excerpt from the recorded field journal of Sgt Angus "Wild Dog" Murphy.
Well, after the chopper went down, I thought we were dead boys in more ways than one. Me, Carlos and Corrine were all pretty badly wrecked up, and even if the ground didn't have nasty dead things walkin' 'round,I don't think any of us was up to the task of stitchin' up the other two enough to get anyone moving.

And there were dead things walkin' 'round. The three of us just lay there--Corrine's leg seeping blood with every heartbeat, Carlos's good looks wrecked with burn tissue, my arm looking more like a pretzel than a human limb--and waited for one to find us. Sure enough, we caught sight of one of 'em in the moonlight, about a hundred yards away, and sniffing us out like some sorta hound dog would.

Then all of a sudden, it jerked its head 'round, like it heard something. A moment later, just as it reoriented itself on our scent, it happened again. This time, I saw what hit it--a pine cone! A mother-fuckin' pine cone! The creature stalked off in the direction the 'attack' came from, and I just kinda stared dumbly, still too broken up to move.

Next thing I know, there she was, just standing among the three of us; later, Carlos and Corrine both admitted they ain't seen her come up on us, neither. Some old woman in cheap mall-cop body armor, with a pop-gun laser pistol and a vibro-blade that looked like it might have dust on the pommel. She just smiled at us--and, seriously, it was like bein' praised by your Granny, least it was for me.

"Well, now, this doesn't look so bad," she said, quietly, but with a confidence I've seen four-star generals try to fake. "We'll have the three of you up and marching in step in no time at all."

She musta seen the look on my face--one of us, maybe, but no way she was gettin' out of there with all three. I was about to tell her to take Corrine--yeah, it's chauvinist, so what?--when she put a finger to my lips. "None of that, young man. Arguing will just draw
them back before I'm done." And then she gets to work.

I gotta admit, for an old broad, she worked fast. Sling, splint, gauze, tourniquet, makeshift crutch... she pulled all the basics out of the chopper's medkit that had fallen nearby, and pretty soon I'll be damned if she didn't have us up and walking, if not exactly in parade march style. Which was good, 'cause of course, it was only a little bit after that, that....
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Antipas »

Antipas “I blew up a world and now I am blowing up yours…. This holiday season don’t expect to survive”
Queen of something
+1 benny-1 benny for redraw: O benny.

Notice
Notice d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
No Wild d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Spirit d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Sp Wild d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Reroll with Elan Spirit reroll d8!!: [4] = 4
Sp Wild Reroll d6!!: [5] = 5


Spirit 2 d8!!: [3] = 3
Sp Wild 2 d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny to reroll with Elan
Reroll Spirit 2 d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Sp Wild 2 Reroll d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7


Over the mind link he can't help but be snide, "There are some of Dunscons boys here with a couple murder wraiths, should I offer them candied Space Wasp and sing Forge Day hymns?.... That was rhetorical, I am going to kill them." Noting the movement in the dome he first touches the tattoo of the sandals of Hermes on his left thigh."Dome team: note that there's there's movement in the dome. I'll move up to engage the wraiths, the rest of you deal with the tree-juicers."

The Undead Slayer pushes his hood back and gives her a predatory grin, allowing his cloak to also fall open and reveal his many tattoos. "You have until I'm done with the wraiths, or my friends get bored, to run for your fucking lives." He then touches the tattoo of Atlas on his back and his normally dusky hued skin takes on a marbled look and he rushes the wraiths, his magically enhanced pace making his normal walking pace into a full sprint.

As he moves past the juicers he hears the roar of Lukes plasma blast.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 2/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Luke, “Xander is really in control, I am just a plucky side kick.”
10 of Spades
+1 Benny

*Reminder about the Fear Checks for the Juicers.*


Luke arrives on scene just as Xander recompacts himself into one of the pockets or pouches on Luke's tool belt. Luke turns and makes sure @Cassiopeia Cass is settled on the ground with both feet. "I pushed for too long my friend. Maybe we can recharge from the ley line."

Vigor 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild (Vigor) 1d6!!: [2] = 2


Luke slowly bends down and picks up the sludge football. Placing the strap over his shoulders, the football encased sludge rests on Luke's "flight suit".

Luke actually laughs at the mention of Daxon Fell. "Hey you! The Monkey in the tree."

When he is sure he has the lady juicers attention, Luke proceeds. "You know why Fell can offer so much. Because those he sends out never return."

"Even those that accompany Fell, get Fell'd."

Luke chuckles at his play on words, "And I have no intent of helping Fell improve his reputation. "

Luke places his gloved hands together, with thumbs together and fingers fanned out. His fingers and hands disappear inside something similar to the air out

Weird Science 1d12!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild (WS) 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Benny to Reroll
Weird Science 1d12!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild (WS) 1d6!!-1: [7!!]-1 = 6

2 Standard for Burst
2 Standard for Burst Modifier (Damage)
WS Burst Damage 3d6!!: [16!!, 5, 3] = 24
. The cone bursting forth from the turbine is directed at the trees where the Gawker and She-Ra, Princess of Power are currently monkeying around. Instead of a jet wash, the area within the cone is lit up with highly charged liquid plasma.
Last edited by Luke on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Bad guys. More or less on hold and will kill you at the end of the round…. Maybe… “It’s like Que would say, time to re-roll.”
10 of hearts

Juicerextrasfear check 1d6!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Jergin’s fear check 1d8!: [8!, 4] = 12 1d6!!: [4] = 4 [
The lady Juicer, Jergin’s looked at where her companion used to be. Nothing was left except the now burnt Kole Hole t-shirt. Jergin’s grabbed the shirt with one hand. She seethed, her face burned black on the left cheek, “Is that it? Do we do this the hard way?” Jergin’s eyes flared firey red and stayed that way. It seemed like some unstable energy was just waiting to erupt from within her.

The rest of juicer’s mettle held and they raised their own rifles prepared to fire. While the two murder waith’s bent low readying a charge against Antipas.

-I am going to have who ever is left alive go at the end of the turn
Burn: 1d6: [5] = 5
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Stoic »

Clark, “Hey I am new, I see trees everywhere. Anyone want a ride on Lois?”
7 Spade
+1 Benny
45 damage AP 12

Shooting 1d8!! 1d6!!: [9!!]+[4] = 13
Damage

5d6!!: [22!!, 2, 11!!, 5, 3] = 43

1d6!!: [2] = 2
Clark listens, and carefully makes sure to hide his emotions. These things, these, murder wraiths, were definitely wrong. He is happy when his new companions seem to agree, and he swiftly grabs his spirit bow, loosing a holy arrow into the closest Murder Wraith.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Cassiopeia »

Cassiopia, “Would you believe me if I told you I was famous?”
4 of diamond.
+1 benny

Multi optics scope +2 Oops!
Notice 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

Cass slides down to the ground as Luke and his suit transform again. In one smooth movement she presses a triangular section on her belt and pulls her rifle up to her shoulder. She scans the area through her scope, swinging a look past the domes before focusing in on the Juicers in the trees. Cass catches a glimpse of the worn t-shirt just before Luke blasts the poor fanboy to a pile of ash. She'd never liked that fan name anyway.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:12 pmThe lady Juicer, Jergin’s looked at where her companion used to be. Nothing was left except the now burnt Kole Hole t-shirt. Jergin’s grabbed the shirt with one hand. She seethed, her face burned black on the left cheek, “Is that it? Do we do this the hard way?” Jergin’s eyes flared firey red and stayed that way. It seemed like some unstable energy was just waiting to erupt from within her.
Jenny was obviously looking for any excuse to go out in her blaze of glory. Juicers were almost like undead in Cass's mind. Giving up their humanity one jolt at a time for the mindless rush to the gory end. Putting this one down would be an act of mercy and with any luck would minimize the collateral damage. Also, who in their right mind made murder wraiths?! Cass took aim and put two laser shots into Jenny, hoping to at least disrupt her charge.




MAP cancelled by Calculating edge
Action 1 - activate Warrior's Gift belt for Rapid Fire

Smarts 1d10!!: [7] = 7
Weird Science wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1


Action 2 - NG-L5 rifle shots at Jergins with ROF 2.

Oops. -4 penalty for cover and Juiciness.
Multi optics scope +1 Ooops!!
Shooting 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6 -4=2 fail-1=1
Wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Spend a benny to reroll
Scope +1, elan+2, juice -4 =-1
Shooting 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-1: [9!!]-1 = 8 -1=7 Success
Damage
First shot 4d6!!: [4, 4, 3, 10!!] = 21 .
Extra Bonus damage 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Oops
Total= 21 AP2


Second shot 1d6!!+1: [11!!]+1 = 12 -4= 8 -1=7 Success
Second wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Damage
Second shot with bonus 5d6!!: [4, 1, 1, 3, 7!!] = 16 -7 =9 AP2


+1 and -1 Benny in this post. Still 4/3 bennies
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 1/3 PPE 18/22 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Tasura
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:46 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Tasura »

Tasura, “Gem masters don’t post, we let the posting post for us.”
4 club
+1 Benny


Tasura follows his companions towards the domes. Whatever evil has been unleashed must be contained. The common folks lives are difficult enough as it is. He is not surprised when hungry undead approach. He is surprised by
Notice 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild 2 1d6!: [5] = 5
Stone Masters may sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check.
them.

In response to the juicers hanging from the trees, Tasura shouts, "No! We will not turn back. Whatever evil that has been unleashed here must be stopped."

To his friends, he speaks more quietly, "More approach from within the dome."

Finally, he makes eye contact with Bubs and gestures behind him with his head as if to say, 'This is no place for you, little one, hide.'

With no more time for speaking, Tasura aims his right hand at the nearest Juicer. The red zircon set into the soulcaster worn on that hand scintilates briefly before unleashing a fiery stream of magic. The
Red Zircon - Spellcasting: 7 (Success; 18 MD, Fire Trapping, AP 10)
Fire, MD, AP 10: 4d6!: [3, 2, 2, 3] = 10
Benny

Fire, MD, AP10: 4d6!: [3, 4, 6!, 1, 4] = 18
-2 Cover ignored (Arcane Marksman), -2 Gem Mastery
1d10!-2: [9]-2 = 7
Wild 1d6!-2: [3]-2 = 1
and strikes the juicer.

One shot and the stone master moves quickly towards cover. He ducks behind a large tree and prepares for the counterattack. The remaining juicers, alive or dead, won't be still for long.

Parry 4, Toughness 12(5)
0/3 Wounds, 0/2 Fatigue
3/3 Bennies, 19/20 PPE, 10/10 ISP, 5/5 PPE
(I will make a proper signature.....soon.)
4/3 Bennies. Ill gussy this up later.
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon fed edition
GM battle rolls no worries here
1 Juicer dead
1 Murderwraith dead
1 Juicer fan of Kole dead (Stern)
Jenny Jergins (mega juicer, 2 wounds) heal with split the seconds and nerves of steel: 1d10+1: 1d10!!: [9] = 9 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9 - 2 wounds healed
Luke, 9 to hit 26MD, JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Shooting Luke: Heavy Beam+4, +1 hit multioptics scope damageAP4, 1d10 1d10!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Burn:1d8 1d8: [5] = 5 -2 cover(8to hit)=26MD
Raise:5d6AP4 4d6!!+1d6!!: [5, 5, 3, 4]+[5] = 22 benny to reroll 4d6!!+1d6!!: [1, 4, 1, 1]+[10!!] = 17
Cassiopia, 14 hit 31MD AP3 JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Juicer in tree vs Cass: 1d10-2 1d10!!: [9] = 9 burn 1d6: [5] = 5
  • Damage 4d6!! +1d6!!: [3, 10!!, 10!!, 3]+[1] = 27
Lois, 5 to hit 28 AP3 MD! Juicer tried to moved to get a better angle on Tasura but failed and took a last ditch shot at Lois JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Juicer in tree vs Lois: 1d10-4 (trees, snapfire) 1d10!!: [5] = 5 burn 1d6: [4] = 4 Athletics 1d10!!: [1] = 1 , 1d6: [4] = 4 cannot get to Tasura, +4 from heavy beam.
  • Damage 4d6!!: [1, 4, 8!!, 11!!] = 24
Clark, Miss! JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Juicer near dome vs Clark: 1d10!!-2 1d10!!: [1] = 1 Miss!
Antipas, 10 hit, 25AP3 MD JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Juicer near dome vs Antipas: 1d10-2 1d10!: [8] = 8 burn 1d6: [3] = 3
  • Damage 4d6!!+1d6!!: [4, 4, 7!!, 2]+[2] = 19
    GM benny reroll damage 4d6!!+1d6!!: [4, 3, 5, 5]+[4] = 21
Murder wraith run die: 1d8: [4] = 4
Antipas, fighting 13 damage 28AP10MD
Fighting vs Antipas with wild attack and improved frenzy: 2d12!: [4, 11] = 15
  • Damage 6+d12+d10 1d12!!+d10!!: [8]+[8] = 16 raise= 1d6!: [5] = 5 gm benny to reroll 1d12!!+1d10!!: [5]+[8] = 13 raise 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9
Rock Outcropping, Helicopter crash, -4, 8 tokens needed
The team at the helicopter site gathered the coalition soldiers on one side of the wreckage, still on the rocky outcropping but the zombies had paused for a moment rending the lone left body of General Maverick apart. The soldiers looked like they were on the right side of being alive but most of them were sickened by the General’s screams. A pale faced Angus pulled away from Ophelia’s care and yelled pointing at the general left behind about 30 feet up on the rock outcropping“The General!! You frackers left the one person who knew what the frak was going on!”

Half conscious and pinned underneath the wreckage General Davies Maverick breathed his last breath and yelled trying in vain to warn the would be heroes of an impending doom. But fate would have it that he was cut short by three zombies mauling apart what was left with his face and tearing into his stomach ripping him in half, “It was the S- Akkkk!”

The zombie that had taken a bio sample canister disappeared down the opposite side of the outcropping. Things went from worse to bad when coming from behind the three zombies gorging on the general another five zombies shambled forward. These new zombies actually seemed older and by the look of their clothes and sigils were bodies from the Federation of Magic.

Angus cursed, “Prosek’s bees, more of those Zombies! At least they are not the kind that decimated the lab.” He scowled covering his desire to run. He had seen enough, and just wanted to get back to his desk in Eldorado and write his damn report.

Kasandra Mavrick, nodded looking at surviving soldiers. Her eyes had big tears in them, but she fought them back. Even though her dad had just died she had a job to do. “Sarge is right lets get these zombies then make for the lab. We have a code Black situation, and must enact burn protocol at any cost. My father…” She looked at Mercer wanting to say something… She just took his hand briefly and nodded drawing courage. She glanced at Big Joe and Ophelia as well nodding to each a quick but grateful thank you. ” My name is Lt. Kassandra Maverick part of the CS reserch team sent from Fort Eldrado. No doubt you’re what my cousin would call big damn heroes. We need your help to clear these zombies, and then we need need to get to those labs. We found a bio matter near the ley line that transformed some of the research team into something more powerful than even a murder wraith. ” Her eyes flashed with authority silencing a few protests from more the ardent soldiers. Nearby the ley line continued to crackle as more and more energy seemed to build up with in it. The soldiers and scientists were not well armed but they all had their laser pistol side arm in hand and looked to the heroes for direction.
Big Joe
Should you make it out of this alive and check your pocket, you would find a scrap of paper with a note containing an address in Fort Eldarado. The young CS soldier you helped whispered, “Find me when this is over.”
Notice -4, (-2 if you do not have a reliable way to see in darkness) this is an invisibility effect
From the hight of the rock outcropping about 200 yards on the opposite side of the leyline, there was a clearing in the forest. Suddenly the surrounding trees in the clearing rustled and swayed as if something large was moving near them. A large airship was taking off!
The Domes, -4 task, 12 tokens
Laser fire erupted from the trees as the juicers suspended by their harnesses returned fire on the team below. The head Juicer, Jenney Jergins eyes flashed again as she released the nanites in her juicer harness stiching her wounds in a matter of seconds. She yelled at her comrades, “They want blood, lets give them blood! Give Kev and time! Anyone have eyes on Drokratha?” As she spoke she added to the burst of laser fire, firing her own JA at the heroes. The two juicers that had dropped the forest floor reached the CS scientist still moaning in front of the lab doors. One checked the scientists vitals, careful to not touch his back. The other pulled out a radio and whispered something into it.
Notice -4, -2 for Antipas
The juicer sporting a green Mowhawk called into the radio, “Captain Gaiter this is Boyals we have the package. Ready for pick up…. Oh Jergins was wondering if you had eyes on Dokratha?”
Once the laser fire abated Luke, Cass, Clark, Lois, and Antipas all found themselves victims of well aimed shots. Although in Clark’s case it was a narrow miss. Tasura killed the one juicer that could have easily gotten a bead on him. Antipas not only found himself under laser fire but the one remaining murder wraith charged at Antipas slashing menacing with his vibro blade. No doubt the scond murder wraith would have charged Antipas but a well timed bolt of spiritual energy disintegrated it. The clothes the wraith wore were tattered and looked loose possibly at one time a vest and cloak. The souless eyes of the wraith peered into Antipas as they locked in immortal combat. One word dripped from its cruel spit soaked maw, “Atlantean!”

Before the juicers or the heroes could keep up the fight the lights on the left dome blew out and twelve black oily sludge like humanoids quickly emerged ripping the side of the dome. The two juicers near the dome who were checking on the down cs scientist turned in horror cring out, “Frak, what is that!” They tried to raise their lasers but one of these sludge like humanoids slurpped over to them in a blink of an eye. It’s two vague arms split into a black web like morass and engulfed the pair. Their screams were silenced in a matter of seconds. Nothing was left of them other than skeletal remains.

Jergin’s swivled in the tree yelling, “They’re on our six! Frak, she said they were inert! Frak, where is Dokratha!” Jergin's then sternly commanded the Murderwraith, “Disengage and target those blobs!” As the wraith came down in mid swing for another blow it suddenly stopped. The wraith snapped its neck crookedly and moved away from Antipas back toward the domes. The juicers for the moment turned their focus away from the heroes toward the creatures coming from the now dark dome.

Zander, Luke’s AI pipped up over the com channel, ”If my sensor reading are correct this maybe the final stage of that bio destructive material we found should it interact with sufficient quantities of organic material. These things appear to be drawn to the surrounding life force, namely you and the juicers. If we are unable to stop them now they may head to Kngsdale next.”

The juicers opened fire on the black humanoid shaped blobs. Their laser fire and grenades peppered the new foe, but it was clear they were hardy and their semi amorphous nature let them seep and ooze quickly along the forest as they stretched and swirled throwing out elongated strands of black ichor propelling them into melee with anything alive. Any plant life they touched turned brown and brittle as its life force was drained. As the heroes faced the new foe underlying the dire situation the juicers began to try to coordinate their attacks with the heroes. Jenny Jergins yelled cackling and unclipping from her harness tumbling acrobatically to the ground, “Get out of the trees! Stay together watch each others backs!” She shrugged and smiled at the heroes seemingly glad to be able to shoot at something she had never shot at before.
Antipas
out of the corner of your eye you thought the sapling you carried quivered shaking its leaves as if chilled or frightened.

So a few folks got shot at and hit, resolve those attacks before you move to the below.
Luke, 9 to hit 26MD, JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Cassiopia, 14 hit 31MD AP3 JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Lois, 5 to hit 28 AP3 MD! Juicer tried to moved to get a better angle on Tasura but failed and took a last ditch shot at Lois JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Clark, Miss! JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
Antipas, 10 hit, 25AP3 MD JA-9 Variable Laser
Antipas, fighting 13 damage 28AP10MD

So lets resolve both scenes with a quick encounter

Quick Encounter:
Make a combat skill roll at -4 (fighting, shooting, arcane skill)(keep in mind any wounds)
  • You can make a support roll to support yourself or another as another action (MAP applies) this would allow characters with split the seconds, or under speed, innate abilities to use their additional actions. Remember the max a support roll can aid you on a raise is +2.
  • You can use free or innate actions normally.
Shooting or arcane skill use: If at any point you use an arcane skill or shooting spend: 3D6+base power or rate of fire cost in ppts or ammo.
Allies unlooked for: both groups have a few allies willing to assist. Describe a way that either the juicers or CS soldiers aided you and get a +2!

Every success is one foe vanquished.

Dangerous Encounter:
If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If he's the driver of a vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure). Wounds may be Soaked as usual. Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises (page 125), and a raise means he escapes unscathed.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Luke takes the shot by the juicer, his body doing some weird ectoplasmic (Super Science Split the Particles) thing that no earth-bound life form has ever seen.

Benny to Soak (2 of 3 remaining)
Soak (Vigor)
Soak (Vigor) 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14
Wild (Vigor) 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Luke moves forward towards the juicers downed by MY6's attacks, looking for a spare charged e-clip. Finding one on Stern's dead body he quickly discharges the entire clip into the side of Xander's storage capsule on Luke's belt. Within a few minutes Luke stands enshrowded in the protective shell that is Xander, full-charged. "You got to stop letting me go that long ..." "... I know. This world is so ..." " ... primitive."

"Ya'll being paranoid of me doing some research on the zombie-fing ooze ..."
" ... means we are going in blind fighting its fully realized form."

Two of Xander's arms take the bio sludge container and pry the top open. After dropping som bugs into the container, Xander proceeds to introduce various energy sources to see the oozes responses.
Research d8
Scene Modifier -4
Monster Slayer +1
Science 1d8!!-4: [15!!]-4 = 11 (12)
Wild (Research) 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1

Xander returns the analysis in quick order while luke stands with a large weapon barrel wrapped around his right arm. The barrel pointed at the biomonstrosity. "Really Xander?" "Yes Luke!" "All right then."

With a very loud and booming voice Luke gives directions.

"Get the dead murder wraith's twice dead corpse over here near the trees and the downed Juicers."

"Anyone with a laser weapon. Set the frequency to 1.0 Giga Hertz on a rotating modularity."

"We need to fire on the biomonstrosity at the same time to lock it in place."

"Once locked we can then reposition it over the murder wraith's corpse and set the laser weapons to non-modular."

"The lasers will cause the monstrosity to explode and the murder wraith corpse will be charged to draw in the particles."

As he raises his right arm, his arm is sheethed in sleak metal casing. Utilizing his left arm to stabilize he directs the business end of "his weapon" towards the flailing monstrosity.

"On my mark, 3. 2. 1. Fire."
Weird (Super) Science - Burst (3D6+2
Standard Units 3d6+2: [5, 2, 2]+2 = 11
- 11)

  • Scene Modifier -4
  • Xander Support +2
  • Juicer Support +2
  • Antipas Monster Slayer +1


Weird (Super) Science - Burst Weird Science 1d12!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Wild (Weird Science) - Wild (Weird Science) 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4

Benny to Reroll (1 of 3 remaining)

Weird (Super) Science - Burst Weird Science 1d12!!+1: [11]+1 = 12
Wild (Weird Science) - wild (weird science) 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6

3 Successes.
Last edited by Luke on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Antipas »

Action one, Monster Hunter edge
Modifiers: Rarity -2. Net -2
Ld6!!-2
LLdd6!!-2
Benny to reroll with Elan
Occult reroll d6!!: [4] = 4
Occult Wild Reroll d6!!: [1] = 1
Action two, Shooting for combat task 16, 4 successes
Modifiers: scene -4, Monster Slayer +1, gear +2. Net -1 (added in narration +2 for help)
Shooting d8!!-1: [15!!]-1 = 14
Shooting Wild d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Antipas nods at Lukes battleplan then adds his own expertise, "I dunno what techno-ho-do you're cooking up but the lasers won't herd them very well, most of the energy will be avoided." He fires a couple shots into the mass and it does indeed flow around the shot, only suffering minimal contact.
He moves to stand with the juicers and on the way he whispers comfort to the sapling in Atlantean. "Fear not little one we will not be getting near that if possible." Then he speaks back up in "American" "Some of us will need to herd it with grenades, ion weapons, plasma, or any other dispersed energy weapons while the rest go at it with the laser thing." Again for emphasis he fires into the mass, but this time he targets the grenade belt on one of the fallen juicers. The explosion sends a large portion of the blob oozing in nearly the direction the rouge In'Valien indicated. He then looks at Jergins and raises and eyebrow.

She smiles and looks to two of her team. "Inky, Blinky, get your ion guns and wolfpack that thing."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 2/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Ophelia Monk »

WIP
2/3 Bennies
30/30 ISP

Expanded Awareness ignores Invisibility, but NOT the illumination penalty:
Notice 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Notice 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Ophie sees nothing.

Intention: Psionics roll based on Speed/Quickness, with extra ISP to get the Major Psi bonus. Stealth for self-support.

Stealth Self-Support Scene Penalty -2, +4 from Ghosting
Stealth 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Stealth 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Success!

Psionics for Combat Task
Scene Penalty -4, +1 from Monster Hunter boost, +2 from Major Psi, +2 from using the Coalition troops, +1 from Self-Support
Psionics 1d10!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Psionics 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
ISP Used 3d6+2: [4, 5, 5]+2 = 16
Free Psionics Re-Roll:
Psionics 1d10!!+2: [17!!]+2 = 19
Wild Psionics 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12

Triple Raise! 4 Zombo dead, No Ill Effects.
Final Stats:
2/3 Bennies
14/30 ISP

Ophelia nods at Angus' outburst. "I sincerely regret the loss of your commanding officer. However, your Lieutenant is correct; lacking the general's knowledge, we need to put these things down, and quickly, before it has a chance to spread." She turns to Lt. Maverick. "Of course we will assist you. But there is one thing I want to know, in exchange--is this a CS research facility in the first place?" Once the question is answered, Ophelia nods. "Right then. Joe, Mr. Mercer, I suspect you two should take point. I will enhance our new allies' capabilities to make them more effective."

Setting deed to her words, she ghosts her way through the combat, only emerging long enough to either enhance her allies or slow down their foes. The surviving leadership of the Coalition troops find their perception of time drastically altered, letting them strike fast and hard--a pistol may not be as good as a rifle, but (effectively) two pistols....

Periodically, she uses her ghosting ability as the set to the Coalition Troop's spike--luring a zombie into the field of fire, then escaping by ghosting most of the way into the ground and escaping (she's not one-hundred percent certain about whether the claws of a zombie are sufficiently magical to harm her while intangible, and she has no intention of finding out tonight), while the troops open fire on the hapless animated corpse.

The ersatz strike-force cuts a hole in the abominations, felling no less than four, as well as generally staying safe, themselves.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Mercer
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Mercer »


  • Shooting d10+1 (-4, +2, +2)
  • Support Monster Slayer (Occult Roll d8+2) add +1/2 to Shooting and info for all on the zombies.
  • Notice airship d8+2 -4 +2 scope
Shooting Zombies and taking point with Kas and rest of CS: Success and 1 Raise
Shooting 1d10!!+2: [8]+2 = 10
Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4

Monster Slayer, information on best way to fight the zombies: Success
Occult 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 (Add a +1 to Shooting)
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

RCSG Arcane Sense, they might be invisible but night scope and sensing those on the airship: Success and 2 Raises
Notice 1d8!!: [13!!] = 13
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

… used ammo: 3d6: [5, 6, 2] = 13


The Coalition soldiers gathered by their lieutenant and Mercer can’t help but feel a sense of pride at Kasandra’s leadership abilities. She’d been engaged to Mercer’s son, Lt. Soren Mercer, until he had been killed in the CS-Tolkeen war by so called heroic Cyber Knights.

Jesse James Mercer shook his head and pushed aside the memories of Soren, and of the man who was like a brother to him - General Maverick - now dead. Under Ophelia’s leadership they had saved a good amount of the CS soldiers.

”Kas…err Lieutenant I agree it’s time to deal with these zombies.”

Pulling his trademark weapon, the CP 50 Dragonfire rifle off his back, Mercer unleashes several bursts of laser fire at the creatures.

”Head shots people.”

After the threat is eradicated Mercer nods at Ophelia who has ordered him and Big Joe to take the lead.

”Good job ell tee, gather your troups and let’s form a V formation and get to those labs.”

As they are about to advance on the labs Mercer gets a spine tingling sensation running down his back and then hears what sounds like a air ship lifting off. Even though it’s invisible, pointing the Dragonfire’s optics scope in the direction he feels arcane forces moving he can see the environment moving around an invisible force. This isn’t the first time as a RCSG trained soldier that he has tracked the invisible by sense and environmental reactions.

Still moving towards the labs with the others he mentions, ”Something big, VTOAL and invisible just lifted off over their. FYI.”

With practiced methodical proficiency the former Major follows his outward pointed rifle as they all move quickly, firing bursts at monsters as needed, he feels fast. Inwardly he thanks Ophelia.

  • Shooting Success and 1 Raise.
    Hopefully that gets us 2 Tokens.
The Black Company — GAMEMASTER
Lost Jungles (Coalition States) — Assistant GM

  • Lars
    Discord: Daniel (Lars)
Savage Rifts Player Characters




  • Open Account

  • Open Account

User avatar
Tasura
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:46 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Tasura »

Fire
Red Zircon (Bolt/Burst): Success and 3 Raises; -13 PPE
Scene -4, +2 Spellcasting Gemcaster, Ignore -2 in penalties Arcane Marksman (if Applicable), +1 Monster Hunter
Spellcasting 1d10!+1: [10!, 7]+1 = 18
Wild 1d6!+1: [5]+1 = 6
3d6+1: [6, 4, 2]+1 = 13
upon the amorphus blobs as the Stone Master unleashes an inferno of burning death upon the enemy. Whenever one of the monstrosities attempts to close in on one of his allies (or recent enemies), the Lemurian peppers it with fire to slow it down.

As the battle rages on, Tasura keeps the barrage up. He's concerned about running out of energy, but thats less important than protecting his friends and allies, temporary though they might be. The Stone Master's fire doesn't stop until the battle ends.

Parry 4, Toughness 12(5)
0/3 Wounds, 0/2 Fatigue
3/3 Bennies, 6/20 PPE, 10/10 ISP, 5/5 PPE
(I will make a proper signature.....soon.)
4/3 Bennies. Ill gussy this up later.
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Cassiopeia »

3 wounds
31MD AP3 = 4 raises over my toughness, right?

Spend a benny to soak
vigor 1d6!!: [4] = 4
wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny to reroll (+2 from Elan)
vigor 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Second Benny to reroll (total spent =3)
vigor 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Extra roll, disregard

only soaked 1 wound. Still leaves 3 wounds.
Cass drops flat to the ground, but it’s not enough. As the Juicer’s lasers thunk into her armor, searing her skin and sending shocks down her limbs, the Atlantean scrambles for cover. She hears Jergin, the one she’d aimed at in the trees, call for a retreat and then Luke’s voice starts calling out instructions to focus on the biomonstrosity. For a moment she’s confused about which entity he means, but then she see’s everyone’s focus is on the black sludge coming at them from the shredded dome. Drawing on a lifetime of conditioning, Cass wills the pain to the back of her mind and shuffles sideways to find a clear shot. There are trees and juicers and lots of movement between her position and the blobs. Finally she takes careful aim, modulates her rifle as Luke directed and concentrates her shots at a single blob.
Quick combat 1 success

Scene -4, wounds -3= -7
shooting 1d8!!-7: [7]-7 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-7: [11!!]-7 = 4

Ammo 3d6+1: [4, 6, 3]+1 = 14

----
Bennies used=3 Ammo used=14
Current total B:1/3 Rifle 44/60
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 1/3 PPE 18/22 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments

Shooting 1d8!!-4 1d6!!-4: [6]-4+[2]-4 = 0

Benny

Shooting 1d8!!-4 1d6!!-4: [6]-4+[5]-4 = 3

Another Benny

Shooting 1d8!!-4 1d6!!-4: [9!!]-4+[4]-4 = 5
Clark remains calm, pulling back the string on his spirit bow. He waits until the perfect moment then fires a white streak of light into one of the juicers throats. In the distance a strange squeal can be heard: Lois is on the move
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Big Joe »

Shooting Support for Fighting 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [4]+[10!!] = 14
+2 From Allies, +2 from Self = +4 Maximum Support

Quick Encounter Fighting 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! with +4 from Support and -4 from scene = Break Even on roll: [4]+[3] = 7


When Mavric asks for help Joe has no way to say no. It was just not in him to let a lady down. Snapping to action he follows baldies orders and head to the front with a splash of gun fire blinding the assailants on his way forward. Then as soon as he closed he summoned his swords to hand and began doing his best to distract the monsters and keep their attention on him while the others finished them off.

Joe was good, but every man has his limits, as in the middle of the fight while walking backwards he trips and stumbles over an unexploded rocket. The crack to his noggin was enough to hurt, but not enough to keep him out of the fight.
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition
Zero 1 9ner After Action debrief, part 1

Alone in a steel room with two chairs the CS ranger paced. One wall had a mirror. The door opened and a battle worn man entered. He had a salt and pepper beard. The two sat in the chairs. Zero 1 9ner still had his helmet on.

The man put a folder on the table. He smiled at the helmed ranger before him, “I am major Wolfe. From reading your report you ran into operative Mercer? And gave him the coded word Kid, however it had little effect…. Interesting.

Zero 1 9ner nodded, “Yes Sir.”

The major nodded and pointed to the helmet on the soldier, “Please remove your helm soldier and prepare.”

Zero 1 9ner removed the helm and glanced at the mirrored wall behind him.
D63BF00B-C83D-47B0-944F-ED7FB7F40E84.jpeg
D63BF00B-C83D-47B0-944F-ED7FB7F40E84.jpeg (47.15 KiB) Viewed 539 times
With monsters that will plague your dreams destroyed, the two teams converged near the labs. The left dome was dark, power having gone out and several large holes were torn in the dome’s translucent fabric walls. The right dome was brightly lit, no shadows stirred within it. The forest near the domes was horrific. Trees and shrub mangled as if the very life force of the earth had been stripped away. Dead, decaying, blackened vegetation littered the ground near the domes.

Returning from the crash site, Mercer, Ophelia, and big Joe had seven CS soldiers and scientists with them. One soldier in particular had dark brown hair, fearless brown eyes, her face had that dirty rugged fair complexion. She seemed to be in command, and the markings on her uniform would identify her as a Lt. These coalition forces seemed to have formed a quick bond with the rescue team sticking close to their saviors. Big Joe might have even picked up a girl friend who clung to him as if her life continuing was dependent on how close she was to Big Joe (out in the wild it probably was). In fact all three female CS soldier/scientists seemed to stick rather close to Joe.

Greeting them, Clark, Tasura, Antipas, Cassiopia, and Luke all likewise made some unlikely bedfellows. Several Juicers were milling near them in hushed conversation, picking through the remains of their fallen comrades. A couple juicers were looking at the dome team in absolute wonder. If it were not for these heroes how many of team juicer would have made it? All had mowhawks and all had a fatalistic sense of post apocalyptic fashion. One of them looked at the new comers, her smile said Let’s dance with a fusion block between our bellies. She had a firey red hair, with incandescent eyes to match. Possibily a mega juicer. She was yelling into a hand held radio, “Gaiter you son of Tarin! You better get us out of here!”

A pause and a static voice came back over the radio. The reply sounded distracted and male, “Uh… Sorry Jenny, I wish...” Gaiter was suddenly cut off.

A female voice took over the radio. The voice was hoarse, deep, and filled with consuming dread. “Jergins, your services for the federation of magic are no longer needed. But know this, I will raise your dead body into one of my horrors. In death you will finally have meaning. That will be the everlasting payment you deserve. Know my name Jergins, Dokratha will have your soul!”

Jergin's’ eye burned brightly. She cursed into the radio a string of expletives that not even the long lived True Atlanteans had heard before. The radio went dead. One of the other juicers wearing a KH grungy t-shirt smiled chuckling, “Wow boss. Looks like you got your retirement plan all set up. Hahaha.”

Jenny couldn’t help but return the smile and chuckled herself, “Shut it Crackers. We got to plan our next move… Maybe Kingsdale.”

Interjecting into this conversation Luke’s AI Zander chirped surprisingly over a loud speaker so all could hear regardless of what faction they were with. “I have been monitoring communications… I have temporarily managed to break into a secure coalition frequency…. Processing…. Processing… It seems our position is about to be overrun by skelebots.” As if emphasizing this revelation a faint clanking and crunching could be heard coming closer from all sides. They were closing in fast, mere seconds away!

Suddenly, 100 feet away the leyline discharged a streak of ionized energy that nearly hit Antipas. Instead it scorched the ground turning it into glass. The line looked like it was bubbling and throbbing with energy. Containing something it could simply not. The coalition Lt. Yelled, “Don’t let the energy from the line touch you! Uncle…. I mean Mercer, we have the equipment in the dome on the right to safely discharge it.” She paused calculating if she had time for a brief introduction and explanation to the new heroes and juicers.

She went for it, time be damned. ”I’m Lt. Maverick, Kassandra. I don’t know if Mercer filled you in but that leyline is going to rupture and explode.” She looked at Luke, for the first time…. Blinked and continued pointing at the Invallin, “Like he said, skelebots probably have us surrounded, probably a search and dystroy unit. 20-35 bots. A second wave is probably holding back, larger much larger. An area wide containment unit.” She pointed south west. “Carriers dropped off the skelebots, and Jets are probably in bound with ghost buster bombs out of Elderado.” She wipped blood from her cheek and sweat from her brow, “Frak, this was supposed to be just an easy respond and research. Ophelia, you asked me about our mission here. We got a call three days ago, from one of our long ranging scouts about weird line activity. We are fast response team, so we set up a mobile research op and then the General, my father, showed up eight hours ago. Had everyone pack up, we were last, something went wrong with the bio samples we had found…” She chuckled at the absurdity, “He’s dead. Why am I telling you my life’s story? This Leyline, if it explodes… 30 to 50 miles in every direction will be gone…. Gone, gone.” Her voice trailed off at the finality of her own words. She mumbled, ”Maybe if we had a vehicle we could outrun it, but all those skelebots… They won’t let us leave.”

The leader of the remaining juicers Jergin’s cackled loving the danger. She opened her pack and pulled out a small audio speaker, she tapped a few buttons and it suddenly started to play the legendary musicians Kole’s auspicious but throaty cover track, Titanium. Jergin’s grinned slapping a fresh e-clip into her laser rifle, “What’s the play heroes? We got a few moments to figure it out. Skelebots breathing down our neck, a line about to go nova, no ride, and just each other.” She, four juicers, 7 CS soldiers and scientists looked up to the heroes hoping beyond hope for a miracle.

I am bullet proof,
Fire away…. Fire away…
I am bullet proof,
Fire away…. I am titanium.


Clark
Those ooze monster’s were anything but natural. The forest near the domes was decimated, you cannot sense any plant life within 20 feet of the domes. Also Lois, was injured in the brief fire fight with the Juicers. The dino limps near and nuzzles you yelping. A young juicer with a pink mowhawk, and green eyes approached clark and the wounded Lois.

She smiled sheepishly, like a naughty kid. “Sorry….” She thrust a healing kit into Clark’s hand and ran quickly back to the other Juicers.
+2 to one healing check.
Mercer
After being this close to the Leyline for a bit, You reckon you got maybe a minute, two or three tops before it blows sky high. Given where the group parked the van. Maybe, maybe the group could reach it, and maybe out run this massive explosion. Your training is telling you there is a lot of maybes.
Legionaires
You know a few farming communities would be wiped out if a leyline took out a 20-30 mile swath. Kingsdale was a days travel away and might even be in the blast radius!
Ophelia
Curiously, you are picking up mental images and stray thoughts from Angis. Mom…. No not her, but looks so close… For a brief moment you got a picture from him depicting you in a CS uniform.
Antipas
Your sapling tree does not look good. Something about those black oozing blob creatures had sucked the life out of so much vegetation around the domes. The sapling shook, almost as if visibly distraught.

A lot to unpack here. You all have basically an a turns worth of actions to do something, prepare, and set a course. Please RP, and feel free to ask me questions in Discord. Whatever you decide we will resolve in some manner. I would say, any course of action will result in some kind of difficult challenge to overcome. Inaction will be the course that gets you killed.

A note about powers, if you have previously activated powers and are wanting to keep them up, please pay mantience cost in ppts.

Your VW van is about a half mile away, and most likely a host of Skelebots are between you and it.

Spirit: brave edge +2, 1d8!!1d6!!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

"Well we are going to need cables, and rods, and heavy weapons."

"If we have the right parts we are going to convert leyline energy into heavy weapon rounds."

Luke and Xander head off quickly to Dome 2 to check out the equipment and gear.

Over his shoulder to Jenny, "I am able to convert the weapons to fire arcane energy. However, I cannot gaurentee that I can return the weapon to its original specifications afterwards."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Mercer
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Mercer »


Mercer looks from his niece, Lt. Maverick to Ophelia. There is genuine concern on his face.

Pinching the bridge of his nose and grimacing the RCSG scientist grumbles then loudly states to everyone…

“We are looking at a 50 miles explosion!

We have maybe a minute, two or three tops before the Ley Line blows sky high.

Given where we parked the van. Maybe, maybe we could reach it, and maybe out run this massive explosion. Mmm but I’m thinking it’s too many maybes. Sounds like we need to discharge the energy using the CS equipment in the dome. Whatever we do, @Ophelia Monk we gotta do it fast.”


Mercer side eyes the pulsing Ley Line then grunts.

When his niece Lt. Maverick says:
equipment in the dome on the right to safely discharge it.”
Mercer nods and says to @Ophelia Monk”I said I’d follow your lead… let me grab the Lt here and zip over to the dome. I’m fast. I’m wearing a jet pack. I can help her do whatever needs to be done to discharge the exploding Ley Line. Afterwards I’ll join in on the Skelebot bash. Okay?”
The Black Company — GAMEMASTER
Lost Jungles (Coalition States) — Assistant GM

  • Lars
    Discord: Daniel (Lars)
Savage Rifts Player Characters




  • Open Account

  • Open Account

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Mercer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:33 pm
Mercer looks from his niece, Lt. Maverick to Ophelia.

Pinching the bridge of his nose and grimacing the RCSG scientist grumbles then loudly states to everyone…

“We are looking at a 50 miles explosion!

We have maybe a minute, two or three tops before the Ley Line blows sky high.

Given where we parked the van. Maybe, maybe we could reach it, and maybe out run this massive explosion. Mmm but I’m thinking it’s too many maybes. Sounds like we need to discharge the energy using the CS equipment in the dome. Whatever we do, @Ophelia Monk we gotta do it fast.”

Mercer side eyes the Ley Line then grunts: “Thinking of ideas…”

OOC NOTE TO THE GROUP
This was just a quick info dump in character to the party. I’ll be posting more from Mercer ASAP.
"Easily 50 miles, Mercer."

"If we had a Spluggie Skiff we could cruise the discharge clear to Kingsdale."

"Speaking of sky high. I believe there is one of earth's low orbit platforms passing overhead as well. Not quite a satellite but certainly not a starship either."

"The blast going up would certainly send us into space."

"How are skelibots supposed to contain this? The CS develop some nega-psychic tech into the recent mdoels?"

"Lt. Maverick, what of the surroundings here? Is there a safe place for us to direct the discharge?"

"I believe there were some small towns heading in the direction of Kingsdale from the last time the Legion passed through here."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The forlorn Lt. Maverick sighed, she was one step toward the dome and looked at @Luke. Her voice had lost some of its command like tenor. She looked defeated as if this was a no win situation. She scoffed, “Best we can do is send the blast into the upper atmosphere or space. My team did not have time to do a complete geological survey of the surrounding area. As for the Skelebots, they are not meant to contain the blast from the leyline. They probably don’t even know it’s about to explode like a tidal wave of fire, a slow roll of death and destruction. No the skelebots are to make sure nothing leaves the area so they can bomb it. My…. My Dad’s, General Maverick’s last…. Last transmission was to Scorch Earth this location…” Her voice petered off and she wondered aloud, “Why didn’t I listen to Jude and get out?”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Such a random disregard for life.

All right Lt, keep your head on straight and we will get through this.

What is standard CS protocol?

How long between the skelibots arrival and the nuking?

Possibly catch the jets in the leyline discharge.

It's going to be one DAMN big ray gun. Anyone got outside in the charged zone is dead several times over.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Heal Lois

Dice rolls
1d8!!+2 1d6!!+2: [3]+2+[4]+2 = 11
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Antipas »

Noticing Treeberts distress, Antipas moves away from the blighted areas without going too far from the team. He tries to find a patch of relatively undisturbed plant life and pulls the sapling from the sling to get it closer to the survivors. "I know it's bad little guy but some of your pals are ok. It's rough being with us but we'll find your rooting place, I promise."

Antipas glances as the energy blasts next to him and sighs, then he takes in the low down of the situation and seems mostly nonplussed. "In summation the coalition found something they didn't understand, made it worse, and are now trying to kill the only people who can stop it... sooo it's Tuesday?"" He looks questioningly to Luke and Cass, "Or is that Saturday?"

Then he looks at the Coalition LT. "Regardless, we don't have time for grief or navel gazing. If you want to rethink your life choices maybe do it after you help save the day. I hear your cousin is pretty good at that, be like him. Just not too much like him." It was certainly alarming to him that the newly "defected" Mercer should run into CS officers who were family so soon. It went straight past coincidence and smelled of enemy action. But then again there was the fact that it was the Maverick family, whose fates seemed strongly tied to that of the Legion and if there was anyone who could understand getting jerked around by fate Pas was that guy but still
the situation certainly bore watching.

Picking up the vibro blade of a fallen murder wraith he checks in with @Ophelia Monk "I'm guessing the general plan is we meatheads slap around Proseks murder bots while you big brains kit bash a solution? I'm thinking Jergins and her team take to the trees while myself and any of the rest of us not helpful in the big mojo hit em from the ground. Maybe feint a push at the VW like we're trying to make a break and hopefully it pulls more away from here."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 2/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

" @Antipas those skelibots are going to arrive as the blast is going off."

"If the skelibots survive, highly unlikely, then we would need to worry about them."

"Whatever we do on the ground, between riding out the blast/sheltering in place or redistributing the discharge should be sufficient to scare off the jets with their payloads or catch their dumbasses before they are able to drop their payloads."

"Brother, I know you want to fight skelibots but anyone caught outside when the discharge goes off will die without the thrill of blazing out." Luke looks to the Juicers. "It will be instantaneous. And you will be vaporized." As if Luke was doing a magic trick he makes a ball of light appear in his hands and then it explodes and the light goes out.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

@mercer @Ophelia we need to get an idea where the epicenter will be.

Lt we need as much of dome 1's frame work stripped. Take the entire dome down.

Take the cables and wiring and run them in a fan shape from dome 2 running south east.

We take the capacitors and the coils to walls of dome 2. The scaffolding and frame from dome 1 will be wrapped around dome 2's exterior.

Luke enters Dome 2 and sees parts and components. Luke to Xander, not exactly to spec but we can adapt them for the needs.

Xander to Luke, You thinking of repeating the capture of the red Dwarf star Ceralus?

Luke to Xander, Except we aren't fueling a starship.

Stepping back outside, Luke and Xander have their arms full.

Grab those murder wraiths and prop them up here and here. Luke notes the locations with huge wooden crossbeams staked into the ground.

Jenny grab up those spare laser rifles. I got a feeling you are going to love shooting anything with these modifications.
Last edited by Luke on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Stats:
2/3 Bennies
14/30 ISP

Maintaining Speed w/Quickness on Ophelia, Mercer, Big Joe, Sgt. Angus Murphy and Lt. Kassandra Maverick
Maintaining Mindlink among the Mercy Six team
2 ISP spent

Getting to best possible cover position--she wants to get to Near Total Cover (-8) if possible, but should at least be able to get Heavy Cover (-6).
Notice 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Simple failure--So... maybe Moderate Cover (-4)? Up to you, Jon.

Final Stats
2/3 Bennies
12/30 ISP
Ophelia sends a surge of psychic energy through her established effect, keeping some of her allies (and herself) moving at double-speed. She listens, and when spoken to, replies.

She gives a bemused smile to @Mercer. "Oh, am I in charge again? It's so hard to keep track..." Then she shrugs. "Very well." She turns to the Lieutenant. "The play here is to do exactly what my associates have dictated. Luke will make good use of your equipment, your scientists simply need to give him the extra hands to get the set-up done. Your soldiers should probably take up positions of cover; some of the 'bots may arrive before we're ready to send their disassembled parts into orbit."

She glances over at the Juicers. "Since you seem to be stuck here with us, I would recommend doing the same--cut down anything that gets close enough to shoot."

She regards @Antipas. "With one exception, yes. I shall be part of the 'Meathead' group--while some of my most potent powers are useless against the bots, their simple AIs are actually rather easy to confound, and I have little technical expertise to be able to help Luke's efforts. I will, of course, do my best to not get in your way."

She turns again to address the various folks who had been tossed in with them. "And Antipas has, in his own, unique way, made a point I was going to, anyway." Noting the flash she got off of Angus, she adopts a downright matronly smile as she addresses all of them. "After this current mess is over, I just want you all to keep in mind that on the application form for the Legion, under 'Reason for Wanting to Join', the most common box checked is labeled, 'My former employer wants me dead.' Just something to think on." Seed hopefully planted, she finds someplace she can observe and target the upcoming field of battle, but hopefully not be a particularly notable target.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Mr Fix It +2 Repair
Repair d12
[Sgt 86Delta make a repair roll at -6 (takes your entire turn, -2 to hurry, -2 its a rift! -2 for an area). You will need to define a power either barrier, or deflection. We can assume there is enough equipment.]

Repair 1d12!!-4: [21!!]-4 = 17
Wild (Repair) 1d6!!-4: [7!!]-4 = 3


Damage Field
Selective - Juicer w/ JA-11 - firing 3d6 MDC Ion Blasts
Leyline Infused Ion Blasts 3d6!!: [4, 4, 5] = 13
Last edited by Luke on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Luke takes the cable ends nearest dome 2 and connects them in a random way that seems to make sense to him.

With the pattern completed and cables running from rods to capacitors to power cells and murder wraiths, Luke finishes the setup by tweaking the power settings and the e-clips of a few JA-13s. Handing the weapons to the juicers, he then hands each a cable

"Plug in! This is a concert you will never forget."

"The fan and the dome will take care of shielding anyone from the leyline."

@Antipas "Brother, you want to go toe-to-toe with the skelibots do it on the north west side of the dome."

@Pender Lumkiss "LT. Get one of your men on radio's monitoring all your CS frequencies. We need to know the jets are here before they know we are here."

@Mercer "If you want to fly and keep eyes in the sky. Do it above the fan."

"Ninety Percent of the discharge will go off above the dome. It should mask you flying pretty well. Blinding most normal sensors in the process."

"We need to move Lois and @Cassiopeia into Dome 2. We can triage and tend wounds there."

"Everyone. If you have noise suppression use it. It is going to get loud in here."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Big Joe »

Big Joe was feeling pretty good and more than a little distracted by the attention he was getting from the ladies. As the conversation began maturing Joe felt lost by all the new developments in the conversation. The ley line exploding and killing everything around sounds pretty bad. Like a bomb from the sky bad.

"All this stuff is just way over my head. How about you just tell me what you need me to do and I can do it." He says accepting that the idea of using a bunch of Coalition gear to control a ley line made less since to him than poking a bull in the eye to calm it down. But if these guys thought it would work, it was better than a thousand dead bodies.
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d10!! 1d6!!: [3]+[2] = 5

Benny

1d10!! 1d6!!: [7]+[11!!] = 18
Clark immediately spots Treebert, which perks his interest. He walks over, barely acknowledging @Antipas

"Who is this?" he asks, nodding toward Treebert.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Antipas »

Stoic wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:09 am Clark immediately spots Treebert, which perks his interest. He walks over, barely acknowledging @Antipas

"Who is this?" he asks, nodding toward Treebert.
The Undead Slayer gives Clark a look over before answering "I call it Treebert for lack of anything better. Some magic tree I'm supposed to guide to it's "Place of Rooting". Seemed really important to some folks we helped recently." He gives Clark another look and seems to consider something. "You look... nartury and unlike to get shot at with plasma." He holds the satchel with Treebert out to Clark. "Keep him safe for me until this is over please? Given his reaction to the mess that goo caused I doubt inside the domes would be pleasant for him."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 2/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Stoic »

Clark nods solemnly. "I will guard it with my life. Of course, we need to make sure we live through this." He gingerly places Treebert in his knapsack and grabs a spear made out of a single piece of dark walnut, a fire hardened tip. He holds it with both hands, ready to use it.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Antipas »

Stoic wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:41 am Clark nods solemnly. "I will guard it with my life. Of course, we need to make sure we live through this." He gingerly places Treebert in his knapsack and grabs a spear made out of a single piece of dark walnut, a fire hardened tip. He holds it with both hands, ready to use it.
"Thank you. And it's just a small army of skelebots, a few bombers, and a massive magic anomaly. Like I said, Tuesday."

Ophelia Monk wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:57 am
She regards @Antipas. "With one exception, yes. I shall be part of the 'Meathead' group--while some of my most potent powers are useless against the bots, their simple AIs are actually rather easy to confound, and I have little technical expertise to be able to help Luke's efforts. I will, of course, do my best to not get in your way."
He chuckles wryly. "No, I didn't think you would. You can't keep company with the likes of us and live to be your age without skills."

Nodding he accepts the directions from @Luke. "Gotcha. I do really want to hit something today. Preferably lots of somethings."

Big Joe wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:31 pm Big Joe was feeling pretty good and more than a little distracted by the attention he was getting from the ladies. As the conversation began maturing Joe felt lost by all the new developments in the conversation. The ley line exploding and killing everything around sounds pretty bad. Like a bomb from the sky bad.

"All this stuff is just way over my head. How about you just tell me what you need me to do and I can do it." He says accepting that the idea of using a bunch of Coalition gear to control a ley line made less since to him than poking a bull in the eye to calm it down. But if these guys thought it would work, it was better than a thousand dead bodies.
While he is annoyed with Joe for being distracted, the youth's willingness to ask for direction gives the Atlantean a noticeable moment of pause that none of Joes attempts to get a reaction from Antipas had accomplished. "Well, if you have any healing left..." Antipas looks pointedly at the heavily wounded @Cassiopeia "Although I would expect far less swooning from her. If not it looks like you're up front with me."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 2/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Big Joe »

Antipas wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:29 am While he is annoyed with Joe for being distracted, the youth's willingness to ask for direction gives the Atlantean a noticeable moment of pause that none of Joes attempts to get a reaction from Antipas had accomplished. "Well, if you have any healing left..." Antipas looks pointedly at the heavily wounded Cassiopeia "Although I would expect far less swooning from her. If not it looks like you're up front with me."
Joe looks over @Cassiopeia and nods. "We will have her running like new in no time." He says as he moves over to her and asks her permission to begin his work.

"If its al right with you, I can look you over a bit and make sure things that belong on the outside stay on the outside and things that belong on the inside, get back to the inside." The young demi-god sets to work, as his hands easily close the wounds replacing the burning pain with a cool feeling like cold sea water. The process only takes a couple minutes from start to finish, but when he is done the wounds are gone without even scars to show they were previously so grevous.

Spellcasting Healing 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!! +2 for Healer, -3 for wounds: [6]+[3] = 9
Follow up healing Spellcasting 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!! +2 for Healer, -2 for wounds: [16!!]+[5] = 21
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Stoic »

Suddenly realization spreads over Clarks face, his hand reaching for the bag.

"We must protect this at all costs, it's a millennial tree!" he mentally shouts over the telepathic link.
OOC Comments
Psionics and Major Psionics 1d10!! 1d6!!: [7]+[1] = 8 (2 isp for +1, raise)
He concentrates for a moment, harmonizing his consciousness with the universe he manages to conceal the saplings aura.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Cassiopeia »

OOC Comments
I like this "Throaty" cover of Titanium. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhQfFxFl6Q
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:06 pmThe leader of the remaining juicers Jergin’s cackled loving the danger. She opened her pack and pulled out a small audio speaker, she tapped a few buttons and it suddenly started to play the legendary musicians Kole’s auspicious but throaty cover track, Titanium. Jergin’s grinned slapping a fresh e-clip into her laser rifle, “What’s the play heroes? We got a few moments to figure it out. Skelebots breathing down our neck, a line about to go nova, no ride, and just each other.” She, four juicers, 7 CS soldiers and scientists looked up to the heroes hoping beyond hope for a miracle.

I am bullet proof,
Fire away…. Fire away…
I am bullet proof,
Fire away…. I am titanium.
Groaning, Cass covers her face with the hand holding her rifle. "That cover? You couldn't pick an original? And the live version at that!? That was the worst recording."
Antipas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:56 pmAntipas glances as the energy blasts next to him and sighs, then he takes in the low down of the situation and seems mostly nonplussed. "In summation the coalition found something they didn't understand, made it worse, and are now trying to kill the only people who can stop it... sooo it's Tuesday?"" He looks questioningly to Luke and Cass, "Or is that Saturday?"
Cass snorts and then winces. She has a hand pressed tight against a bloody spot in her side but gives her cousin a tired reply.
”Tuesday. Definitely Tuesday for that activity. The coalition keeps a very strict schedule and Saturdays are for torturing innocents, I believe.”
She sways and closes her eyes. "That was a joke, Mercer. Please don't shoot me, I won't make it."
Antipas wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:29 amWhile he is annoyed with Joe for being distracted, the youth's willingness to ask for direction gives the Atlantean a noticeable moment of pause that none of Joes attempts to get a reaction from Antipas had accomplished. "Well, if you have any healing left..." Antipas looks pointedly at the heavily wounded @Cassiopeia "Although I would expect far less swooning from her. If not it looks like you're up front with me."
Cass gives the kid a wan smile and raises two bloody fingers in a peace sign wave.
Big Joe wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:15 pmJoe looks over @Cassiopeia and nods. "We will have her running like new in no time." He says as he moves over to her and asks her permission to begin his work.
"If it's alright with you, I can look you over a bit and make sure things that belong on the outside stay on the outside and things that belong on the inside, get back to the inside." The young demi-god sets to work, as his hands easily close the wounds replacing the burning pain with a cool feeling like cold sea water. The process only takes a couple minutes from start to finish, but when he is done the wounds are gone without even scars to show they were previously so grievous.
Cass takes a deep, painless breath and stretches her arms up over her head. ”I know Pas said I wouldn’t swoon, but Joe… Mmmm. I feel so good I could kiss you right now. Thank you.” She blows him a kiss as she takes off running after Luke and Mercer.

”Stay alive, cousin!” she calls back behind her..She has worked side by side with Luke enough that she can almost anticipate what he needs before he asks for it.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 1/3 PPE 18/22 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Luke »

Luke here's Cass's voice as she'll yells his name and Mercer 's. She sounded good, not how she had a few minutes ago. He made a note to personally thank who ever was responsible.

"Great Gorgeous. I could use your hands right about now."

He turns around with his back towards Cassiopeia, "My shoulders are REALLY tense. Think you could work your magic on them?"

All of this is said while Luke tries to suppress grinning, chuckling, and laughter.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Eclipse, part 1 chapter 1 battle 1.

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia smiles softly at the sight of Big Joe and Antipas actually developing a rapport. There will probably be some backsliding, of course, but it looks like a good start.

Then she blinks as Clark makes his announcement. A Millennium Tree? What on earth is going on here? She shakes her head. Right--as you say, keep it safe, at all costs. Perhaps when the current crisis is over, we can find a safe place to plant it. Add 'protect the plant' to our objective list, everyone.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”