Nova: Part 1

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Nova: Part 1

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The sky ship angled upward at the last minute twirling through a gout of green flame unscathed for now. The passengers were thrown against the deck but the ship through the efforts of heroes righted itself. Katapodis and Tsaoussis (Two CS scientists) clutched the deck’s rigging with one hand and pointed off the stern at the Spider Skull walker on the nearby rock outcropping angling for a shot on the main mast. Both had heavy welts on their temples and there incomprehensible babble had to be translated by Xander “Spider we are the fly! Web’s of fire must become a ghost!”The walker’s lasers went red hot, but before it could fire it exploded in a vague mushroom shape cloud of fiery gass. “Look oh! A savior looms and goes boom!” The boom came from underneath, and those on the Morose could finally catch a breath.
Xander to Luke
”Luke, it would appear your two students of the technophile are suffering from major concussions and an acute form of Leyline Aphasia. Extrapolating their poetic excellence I have determined that the Spider Skull walker was about to fire but someone blew it up from below.”
Captain Gaiter swooned to the wheel, and what was left of his head was slick and dark with blood. Despite tremendous pain the Captain grinned, “Well the ship is a mess but in one peice…. Welcome aboard I guess.” He was the only one of the crew that had survived. He grimaced clutching his shoulder and tapped the wheel, “Thank ya for not dumping my cargo. I’ll need to get a new crew.”
He muttered a curse under his breath and dropped to one knee. He gurgled, “Kingsdale…. It’s about an hour, maybe two away. Go North west.” He leaned back on the deck breathing shallow at the mercy of the assorted heroes.

In a short time the familiar hillocks and bunkers of Donner’s division came into view. Fortunately closing in to kingsdale the leyline returned, although it could never be used to travel to the Tomorrow Legion’s castle. The hillocks formed a natural barrier and funel into the city. Two roads to the west were packed with vehicles, horses, wagons, and people in general trying to plead with the Kingsdale Forest Rangers for entrance into the safe haven of Kingsdale. Several robot armors of different makes patrolled nearby letting the rangers conduct their interviews in relative peace. Beyond the Hillocks nestled in the tail end of the Ozarks with a river on one side was the city of Kingsdale. A few tall towers, and a great grey monolith noted the city center and were really all the buildings of note that the vantage from the skyship could offer of the city proper in the distance. A great road sprawled to the east that presumably ran all the way to the Mississippi.

Aboard the Morose the four juicers approached the heroes. One of them with pink silver sparkly hair cracked a cocky grin. She wore the traditional plate mail of a juicer and sported a JA-11 rifle on her back. Like most juicers she was extremely fit, “Well it looks like Jergins went boom. Ma name is B-side, this is Spiderweb, total-hate, and Bathwater.” She pointed in turn to a green haired female, a bald male, and male with a vibrant blue mowhawk. All juicers of course and all strangely named. “If you need crew we got you.” Despite her efforts B-side could not help but steal half a dozen glances of Cassiopeia.

Kassandra nodded joining the conversation clapping her uncle Mercer’s shoulder. She adjusted her CS uniform and tossed down her death head style patch ripping it from her uniform. “We are with you too. With Luke repairing the converter My team can keep this ship running, its slow from what I can tell but maybe we can punch it up and even figure out how to power it without leylines.” She paused thinking for a sec, “Ophelia asked us if we wanted to join the Tomorrow Legion, given all that happened. We are in.” Angus and the other CS scientists and soldiers nodded in solemn commitment.

Lucy llyboc took her eyes off Big Joe for a moment and looked out, she pointed toward two dozen TK flyers rapidly approaching the Morose. Her sultry mouth and warm breath tickled Big Joe, “What are those big fella?” Her eyes narrowed as the rising sun rays caught one of the flyers just right giving the impression that the person on the flyer was shirtless with bare skin glistening.

With the Captain unconscious the heroes of the legion held fate in their hands. The sun had just started to rise, a horrible clang came from the heavens and a dark ornate blade fell from above plunging into the wooden deck of the sky ship. The blade was soaked in blood and was forged as if made of solid shadow itself. It could not be moved. Glyphs of an unknown language were scrawled into it’s side.
General Radio communication
”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
Common knowledge TN 4(-2 if you are new to the area), The two roads, Whykin and Laramy
Its not uncommon for traffic to come and go from the road to Laramy, but the road to Whykin has been untravelled in recent times. Having it currently packed with travellers seeking entrance into Kings-dale is highly unusual.
Notice -2, the road east to Mississippi and merctown
Far to the east along the road just going over the horizon you can make out thin spirals of black smoke]
Antipas, if you make the notice roll above
You also see some kind of hidden button on the wheel of the ship.
Kingsdale Oh my…
In addition to the advance for the quad, please take another advance for making it all the way to kingsdale]
Bonus Benny chance
There are lots of folks down below, presumably no legionairs but perhaps your character spies something or someone interesting talking to the Forest Rangers or waiting to get into Kingsdale
Rest
Two hours have gone by, feel free to activate any daily healing rolls as a new day has dawned. One level of fatigue can be removed as well.
Antipas
You once had a chance to study under the great Undead Slayer Sebazio Lengdosia. He was one of the only Undead Slayers to ever kill a vampire intelligence purportedly single handed.

He had awoken Antipas with a dash of cold ice water and had the young slayer apprentice standing knee deep in cold oceanic waters looking out from a white sandy beach. After hours of bone chilling standing Sebazio Lengdosia walked over from his thatched beach hut. His daughter Krysesia was on his shoulders giggigling at a joke her father must have told. Barely even noticing Antipas he asked a rhetorical question. “What do you know of the celestial temple Antipas?” He tossed his child in the air catching her playfully. “It is inhabited by powerful beings, gods if you will, named so after aspects which they embody…. Hope, Judge, Will, Architect, War, and many more.” He placed his hand on Antipas’ fresh tattoo displayed on his back. “Even Nemisis. But like any force there are those that oppose them.” He took a step back letting his daughter splash in the water, ”It is said, a blade so black you can loose yourself its edge will herald the coming of the temple. What that means I know not.” He laughed and splashed water back at his daughter, “Come Antipas, let us go eat.”
Clark
Lois seems very interested in an area at the bow of the ship. She seems to be pacing back and forth very agitated. Despite her injuries something was bothering her.
Leyline
There are enough leylines near kingsdale for the ship and characters to be considered on one. Leylines extend to the east toward the mississipi, to the west whykinish, North, and south. However the south west one that would take you closest to the TL castle no longer functions/is visible

Please feel free to have some in character interaction, and set a course. Do you stop? Do you go east toward merctown? Do you travel instead to whykin to see what is going on there? Do you go in some unexpected direction? Maybe there is some info you have gained during the adventure so far you wish to share. Anyways have fun with some RP and we well get this adventure moving forward in two weeks. Also Please make a single piloting roll, feel free to support. No modifiers.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Cassiopeia »

Notice -2 situational (waiting on question here)

common knowledge

CK 1d8!!: [2] = 2
CK wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
She's been in a coma for 10 years. She doesn't know anything about traffic.

Stabilize the captain

Healing 1d4!!: [1] = 1
heal wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Cass knows enough to stop the bleeding on the captain's nasty head wound. She lays him out flat, props his feet and applies pressure. She ignores Luke and Antipas when she speaks to the rest of the party, "Which one of you is the actual medic? Maybe we should sort that out while we're in transit."

----
Once the captain is resting comfortably, Cass cleans her hands and notices that Luke and Pas are busy with different tasks. She really just wants to sit and rest for a place. She heads back to where Lois and Clark are in hopes of napping against a giant warm lizard. But it doesn't look like Lois is in the mood for any cuddling.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 3/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PPE 8/22 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Right After Escape
Common knowledge
Common Knowledge d6!!: [1] = 1
Common Knowledge Wild d6!!: [1] = 1
Notice
Modifiers: scene -2, Shades +2. Net 0
Notice d6!!: [3] = 3
Notice Wild d6!!: [2] = 2
Having gotten the ship back on course, well the course they could take anyway, Antipas hands the ships wheel to B-Side while keeping his cloak wrapped tightly around himself. "Just follow the ley line and don't touch the altitude control. I'd like to get some juice back before we all almost die again." Finding a place gather his wits for a minute he ponders how to handle sharing his situation with a team the now consisted of a bunch of (hopefully reformed) CS scientists including a (probably poisonous) Lyboc. He decides to talk to @Ophelia first.

Pulling the mindmelter aside for a private conversation, he starts by revealing the state of his Mantle tattoo. Now mostly gone is the scrollwork of runes that used to fill in much of the space between his more conventional Atlantean tattoos. The little of it the remains continues to bleed from his skin, pooling up only to disintegrate. "No, this is not normal, I have lost the blessings before for failures of judgement but never the physical tattoo." He interjects before she can ask. "Something has happened to my Goddess. Which would only be my problem but her last message to me was a warning that her sister, Spite, is after my daughter. So now kinda all of our problem. As for why I'm not certain but it probably has to do with Nemesis' role in her conception. Her mother is human and so Angel shouldn't have happened."


After conversing with Ophelia over matters He finds a place to rest a bit while in flight to Kingsdale.
Power Activation
Spirit d8!!: [4] = 4
Spirit Wild d6!!: [14!!] = 14
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 3/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Luke's first concern is the Captain Gaiter. "We (Luke & Xander) can stabilize the Captain here."

Xander speaks up, "That will only last for so long."

Luke points to the two cuncussed scientists and Kassandra, "One downed man requires three to keep him from dieing."

"As to the sky ship, we can rig her for a more physical means of propulsion, lift off, landing, and flight."

Xander to Luke, "We have a direct radio message from ... Commander Smith of Donner's Division."

Luke pauses for a moment, "Would that be Shirtless Smith, the Sauvvy Swooner of the 77th?"
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
General Radio communication
”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
Moving from Captain Gaiter to the side rail, Luke and Xander search the figures below.


@Pender Lumkiss
Radio Response
"Commander ... Smith. This is Luke, formerly of the 77th. Would you be the same Shirtless Smith, the Sauvvy Swooner of the 77th?"
While awaiting a response from the "Commander", Luke scans the area for a place to land when he notices that the ship is being waved to land in a clearing near a hilllock covered in trees.

"Repairs and modifications will happen after we land or least stop moving."

@Antipas "Pas we need to land."

"Lets ease the Morose gently to our left. We don't want her to suddenly come apart."

Common Knowledge - 1d4
No Scene Modifier
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild (Common Knowledge) 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
Common knowledge TN 4(-2 if you are new to the area), The two roads, Whykin and Laramy
Its not uncommon for traffic to come and go from the road to Laramy, but the road to Whykin has been untravelled in recent times. Having it currently packed with travellers seeking entrance into Kings-dale is highly unusual.
Calling to Lyboc and @Mercer, "Are those citizens of Whykin? Are the CS fleeing their own strongholds."

Notice - 1d4
Scene Modifier -2
Notice 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Luke notices nothing else and reurns to Antipas to help him land the sky ship.
Last edited by Luke on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Mercer
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Location: Mercy Six

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Mercer »



Aboard The Remorse

Rubbing tired eyes Mercer concentrated on pushing the grotesque images away and just seeing his fellow teammates as they actually look. For a moment he succeeded then the horrific truth of his sight returned.

Whatever had happened to him when he had held the rogue Ley Line from exploding had definitely caused some kind of damage to his mental state.

Sitting down abruptly the exiled CS Major took several deep breaths. Watching as the CS and Juicers pledged alliance… allegiance even to the Morose. It felt hypocritical thinking about how easily they tore off their ranks and CS markings and allied with what once was their enemy.

Mercer was a top list traitor to the CS. Yet he still felt a sense of belonging to the Empire.


New Advances Taken
Two Advances: April 2022 two new Advances: Master Psionics Edge — now I’m rocking it as a Master Psionics! and Buy of Suspicious (Minor). Now I can be less suspicious of my teammates.
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
CK 1d8!!: [5] = 5 CK Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Notice wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Bonus Bennie
There are lots of folks down below, presumably no legionairs but perhaps your character spies something or someone interesting talking to the Forest Rangers or waiting to get into Kingsdale.
Sliding over to the edge of the ship Mercer leans over the edge of the railing and waits for the inevitable. His stomach is churning.

Tears in his eyes he wipes them away with an aged hand. Looking down he spy's something interesting.

Interrupting his thoughts he hears Luke call out: ”Are those citizens of Whykin? Are the CS fleeing their own strongholds." Mercer tries to focus on what the alien is saying …

Frowning he watches a camouflaged figure moving through the forest trailing the people on the roadway.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
Bonus Benny chance
There are lots of folks down below, presumably no legionairs but perhaps your character spies something or someone interesting talking to the Forest Rangers or waiting to get into Kingsdale
Once Luke is certain that @Antipas can land the sky ship, Luke runs to the rail and jumps off, allowing Xander's jet pack to slow his freefall descent.

Luke was pretty sure he had spotted an old friend in crowds. Since he was a newcomer to Earth, most of his friends were newcomers like himself. The figure he had picked out of the crowds was however not a newcomer to Earth but was not an Earthling. Truth be told, Luke had no idea how long this particular individual had been on Earth.

Landing. Luke & Xander startled a Power Armored Forest Ranger who yelled for them to stop. Xander quickly sent an electronic message to the pilot of the suit, "Luke. In'Valian Scientest. Kingsdale Passcode X-XX-XXX." Before the pilot could respond, Luke & Xander were into the crowd.

The individual Luke had spotted was wearing a Black Rodeo King Hat, a Gray Frock Coat, and Black Pinstrip Trousers. A signature look for a one-of-kind indivdual.

Xander kept feeding Luke proximity information on their target, until they reached a space where the crowds were not. Scanning the area, one would notice makeshift cots and bedrolls laid out in rows. One figure moved between the bedrolls and the cots in a Black Hat and Gray Coat. Luke & Xander stopped and waited. It was obvious the figure was intent in his work of triaging and attending to the sick and injured.

Luke had Xander help him scan nearby indivduals to see if there was anything that they could do. Coming up negative on assistance, Luke & Xander resumed waiting for figure in the Hat and Coat to finish.

The figure in the Hat and Coat finished their rounds and was making notes on a datapad when he noticed Luke & Xander because they were suddenly flanked left and right by two heavily armored and armed Forest Rangers. The figure lifted its head and those around looked upon an ageless male face. "Rangers stand down." the man is said in a rather ringing baritone voice.

@Doc Olliday strode over to Luke & Xander, his frock coat blowing back over the dual side arms belted around his waist. The implements of his trade were nowhere to be seen.

<< Doc Olliday >> "Luke what brings you to Kingsdale?"

<< Luke >> "Rendezvous with old nemeses."

<< Luke >> "Doc, I know you have your concierge medical services in Merctown. Are you branching out?"

Doc smiled at Luke, "I heard that there was trouble brewing here."

Luke held up his hand, "Enough said. We have need of your skills. The
Luke had heard that Doc had studied and worked for a period of time with the Momanos as well looking after Juicers. The man had skills across many fields of medical and "magical" science.
set of skills.
"
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
Kingsdale Oh my…
In addition to the advance for the quad, please take another advance for making it all the way to kingsdale]
Novice 3 - Elan
Seasoned 1 - Master of Magic
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Notice 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Common Knowledge 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild Common Knowledge 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Ophelia, somehow, manages to actually catch a brief nap on the way to Kingsdale, and as the crew reacts to their arrival in the city's airspace, she blinks awake a bit groggily. She is still a bit disoriented, and so most of the details about what's happening, she draws from her allies' reaction, rather than her own observation. Still, it's enough for her to grasp the situation.

"Of course, Antipas. Family... family must come first. And we have no specific reason to stop here, so long as the Captain can be tended to."

She looks over at Mercer, and frowns a bit. Hopefully, once we are under way again, he and I can talk... He is clearly under strain.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm

”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
"Yes it is. And I see you still hate shirts. Smith, Antipas here. Do we need to land if we're not stopping? As I'm sure you can imagine we have business to the east."

[/quote]
Luke wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:42 pm

@Antipas "Pas we need to land."

"Lets ease the Morose gently to our left. We don't want her to suddenly come apart."
"Why? The one useful thing Joe has done was heal someone, so him or Treebeard can see to the captain. And now that we're at Kingsdale we can take leylines east. Parsons has my daughter. I will not wait or be sidetracked."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 3/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Cassiopeia wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:07 pm Notice -2 situational (waiting on question here)

common knowledge

CK 1d8!!: [2] = 2
CK wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
She's been in a coma for 10 years. She doesn't know anything about traffic.

Stabilize the captain

Healing 1d4!!: [1] = 1
heal wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Cass knows enough to stop the bleeding on the captain's nasty head wound. She lays him out flat, props his feet and applies pressure. She ignores Luke and Antipas when she speaks to the rest of the party, "Which one of you is the actual medic? Maybe we should sort that out while we're in transit."

----
Once the captain is resting comfortably, Cass cleans her hands and notices that Luke and Pas are busy with different tasks. She really just wants to sit and rest for a place. She heads back to where Lois and Clark are in hopes of napping against a giant warm lizard. But it doesn't look like Lois is in the mood for any cuddling.
After watching the flyers for a bit Big Joe hears Cass. "Shucks, ain't no such thing as a better healer than Big Joe." He says his eyes more on his lady friend Lybuck than on the captain. "Why ain't no one mentioned he needed help earlier." He says as he goes over and begins his work.

Psionic Healing +2 Wounds recoverted
Psionic Healing, adding +10 modifier for past golden hour and adding +2 to roll from Major Psionic for total 15 ISP.
Psionic Healing 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!! With +2 from Healer and +2 from Extra ISP total +4: [6]+[4] = 10
As the Captain recovers Joe finishes. "See, not much Big joe cannot heal."

As the sword crashes down Big Joe looks on it with awe and begins moving to pick it up. Seeing no one else paid it any attention he says. "Hey check this thing out!" As he fails to pull it from the deck of the ship. "This thing gots some serious mojo in it eh. Why won't it pull out?"

Common Knowledge Fail
Common Knowledge 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! With -2 from scene: [2]+[2] = 4
Notice 5
Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[5] = 6
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Big Joe wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:49 am

As the sword crashes down Big Joe looks on it with awe and begins moving to pick it up. Seeing no one else paid it any attention he says. "Hey check this thing out!" As he fails to pull it from the deck of the ship. "This thing gots some serious mojo in it eh. Why won't it pull out?"

Common Knowledge Fail
Common Knowledge 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! With -2 from scene: [2]+[2] = 4
Notice 5
Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[5] = 6
Of course when the sword falls from the literal heavens Joe is the first to rush over. After making sure nothing or no one else is following Antipas also approaches the weapon."You have a terrible habit of groping dangerous things. Either it's not for you or it's not quite time. I mean the sword. As for the girl, ask Ophelia or Mercer what a "honey pot trap" is." He studies the runes on the blade, then he puts a finger to the tattoo of a lidless eye on the back of his neck. It flares with magic and the undead slayer looks over the runes again.

“Darkness is death, bring me to the light of all Atlanteans.” After reading the inscription the Atlantean sighs. "Guess I may as well see." Reaching out with one hand he gives it a pull achieving no more than Joe. He makes his way past @Ophelia and quietly says "The core team needs to have a private conversation whenever you have the juice."

Then he heads back and plops down next to @Cassiopeia and speaks with her in Atlantean, "Things are about to get of the charts insane even for us. A war between Gods is coming and Angel is somehow in the middle of it."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 15/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 3/4
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:41 pm
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm

”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
"Yes it is. And I see you still hate shirts. Smith, Antipas here. Do we need to land if we're not stopping? As I'm sure you can imagine we have business to the east."
Luke wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:42 pm

@Antipas "Pas we need to land."

"Lets ease the Morose gently to our left. We don't want her to suddenly come apart."
"Why? The one useful thing Joe has done was heal someone, so him or Treebeard can see to the captain. And now that we're at Kingsdale we can take leylines east. Parsons has my daughter. I will not wait or be sidetracked."
[/quote]

<<Luke across secure comms>> "Pas, where two of you is great. Having this one as a third is a solid win."

<<Continuing on Secure>> "Land. Don't Land. I will catch up to the Morose and the rest of you in a bit."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Antipas wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:29 pm Of course when the sword falls from the literal heavens Joe is the first to rush over. After making sure nothing or no one else is following Antipas also approaches the weapon."You have a terrible habit of groping dangerous things. Either it's not for you or it's not quite time. I mean the sword. As for the girl, ask Ophelia or Mercer what a "honey pot trap" is." He studies the runes on the blade, then he puts a finger to the tattoo of a lidless eye on the back of his neck. It flares with magic and the undead slayer looks over the runes again.
"Honey Pot Trap?" Joe shakes his head. "Come on Pops, I ain't got money. The lady just likes me. No need to let your jealousy spoil the atmosphere."



Luke wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:35 am
<<Continuing on Secure>> "Land. Don't Land. I will catch up to the Morose and the rest of you in a bit."

Joe points to the patrtol ordering us to land. "I think if you want to ignore them, you will have to be ready for them to shoot us. And as this ain't got no walls, that would be vehicles weapons on us. I think Grumpy and I are the only ones likely to survive a volley of rail gun fire."
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Mind Link, Psychic Switchboard (6 ISP total)
Psionics 1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild Psionics 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Should be enough to get everyone, even with Arcane Resistance
\

Ophelia nods at Antipas, and focuses her will. A moment later, the 'core team', as Antipas put it, are all in psychic communication. Before we decide how to proceed, Antipas has some information he feels we should all be privy to--and to be kept within our own circle, for now. Antipas, please share. And for now, at least, let's leave the very dangerous looking artifact alone.

At the same time, over the radio, she speaks calmly. "Captain Smith, if we are going to be remaining in your airspace, please trust that we will absolutely comply with your orders; however, it does appear that we will be wanting to move along quickly, and not enter the city at this time. If this turns out to be the case, please have one of your Wingmen escort us through the preferred route through your airspace--no reason for us to be poor guests, even if we aren't staying."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Morose angled easterly following the leyline and great road that lead through the wilds and presumably ended at the mighty Mississippi River. The TK flyers let the sky ship pass unceremoniously zooming passed them surveying the below crowded masses waiting to find their way into Kingsdale. The heroes on board thought they saw the shirtless leader of the TK flyers wave as the morning sun struck his chest causing a small display of sweaty brilliance. ”Rodger that Skyship, good luck and safe travels. Pinapple out.”Finally as the ship turned away from Kimgsdale A small circular drone marked with a styleized DH: medical services, buzzed onto deck dropping off a small wrapped parcel.
The drone contains
It has one of those fancy robo surgical repair kits in it
Captain Gater groaned grasping the new parts of his head that were stitched back together. Normally it would have been customary for the wounded to thank those that healed but the surly Captain instead pointed at the Dino snorting and stomping at the bow of the ship, “Ughhh, get that Dino away from there!” Despite his demand his voice was rather weak and raspy. He shook his head clearing it for a second and tried to pass his initial thoughts and words as a joke, “Hehe, just kidding. Ummm yeah thank you so much for the save. So…” He turned to look at the direction the ship was heading and then looked back with a half hidden scowl, “Not heading to Kimgsdale? A pity…” Ultimately he shrugged and smiled weakly picking up on the groups need to move quickly, “I sense something is pushing you east, perhaps those quickly disapearing plumes of smoke?” He brushed his scragly hair off his face letting the air hit him, “The wind is picking up, strange timing…. A gale is on the horizon.” Realizing he was no longer exactly in command of the Morose he tapped the deck kicking some loose rigging, “I would recommend we button down the hatches, secure the rigging, and set our bearing to 113 mark 4.” The heading would take the sky ship eastward along the leyline and so called eastern road which was remenants of an old earth high way now over grow the wild vegetation and monsters that waylaid travelers both at night and day. The four remaining juicers slid down some loose ropes to the deck, they slung their laser rifles ready to assist.

A ganngly juicer sporting a mowhawk and a think dusty brown beard nods to Cassiopia,”We got your back Kohl.”

The CS Lt. Kassandra Maverick wiped sweat from her brow. Her team had their tools out and were taking stock of their supplies. Kassandra silded up near Mercer and Ophelia. Her voice was low and unsteady, “Uncle Jess? Are you sure you don’t need to go to Kingsdale…. Uh you could maybe have that guy Luke is talking about give you a once over.” Uncomfortably she looked at Ophelia, “What do you think?”

Before Ophelia could respond, Angus clapped Mercer on the back, “Stop worrying about the old guy Lt. I heard of Mercer…. If the stories about your uncle are half true he can still handle himself.” He chuckled looking briefly at Ophelia, then looked up at the morning sun rising squinting to try and see the fading smoke plumes as the storm quickly approached. Angus looked at his radio as it crackled briefly with the sound of a young boy, ”This is Alex Silverbluff. I am member of the Tomorrow Legion. I…. I am on a truck. ShZzzzzz, Has captured several members. Shhhzzzzzz. A baby and glitterboy…. Shzzzzzz he’s managed to activate…. Shzzzzzzz.” The radio went dead.

Lucy hanging on Joe’s arm pouts her big rosey red jucy lips and tickle’s Joe’s neck, “Sounds like that kid could use some help, huh Joe?” Briefly she glanced at Antipas always making a note of where that true Atlantean was.

The plumes of smoke in the east dispersed as storm clouds crept in over the horizon. Would or could the heroes catch perhaps the most famed black market enforcer this side of the Mississippi. If the heroes were truly going to over take Parsons and his smoking desiel trucks they would have to brave the unknown storm in their desperate bid to save the last of the legion and the baby whose fate good or ill would change the world.
Antipas touches the sword
You are treated to a glimpse of a warm inviting place, the Hearth of your home. The fire warmed the soul, but lying in front of it was a woman face down and obscured by sharply cut hair. You feel that a barrier of invisible force separate you two. You feel you could break through this barrier if you could unleash a tremendous amount of potential psychic energy upon it. Before this vision fades you here a voice unlike any that you have heard before. It trumpets a single word, “Atlantean!”
When Joe touches the sword.
You are treated to a hellish landscape volcanic rocks and red lava flows. To one side screams of pain draw your attention. A red bulbous demon standing 20 feet tall wielding a whip for which it uses over and over flaying the skin of a man whose features are both striking and familiar. The man screams over and over as the whip bites and burns flesh. The demon laughs and looks at Joe. The man, strange and yet very familiar, screams, “No not my son Demon! Run Joe!!!!”
Spirit -4, fail and you are at additional -2 on the task roll as your ordeal has left you weakened. Succeed and you are at a +2 on the task roll]
Common kn, Parsons
He is a resourceful, intelligent ex black market enforcer. He has had dealings with the legions 77th CIT.

Cassiopeia
You get a +1 from your juicer groupies.
Doc for Luke
Doc’s particular set of skills will give Luke a +1 on his task. He also hands Luke a biological sample to analyze, “This was what attacked the tomorrow legion. It’s cell structure is unlike any I have seen.”
Mercer tagged
You loose sight of the camouflaged character. The next thing you knew something hit you in the thigh, a sharp piercing pain that lasted a moment. Suddenly your suit’s heads up display activated displaying a single image. It was the CS death certificate for Lucy Lyboc, persumed dead 6 months ago outside of Fort Eldorado during a vampire attack. Body never recovered. As quick as it activated the image self deletes.

While the leyline parallels the so called road east, it will take a skilled pilot, fast ship, watchful eye, and wise guide to navigate the encroaching storm and perils before they reach Parsons. This will be a dramatic task that will need 5 primary rolls. Any one not primary may assist per normal rules(support at -4).

Navigator: The storm ahead! There is no way around the dark clouds that loom ahead. The path to Merc town and Parsons Trucks go straight through it. Rain, wind, and lightning strikes make charting a course all but impossible. Survival -2 please(was -4, but you saved captain Gaitor).

„ RSuccessThe party is headed in the right direction, no extra effect.
„ Raise: The following Lookout, Pilot, and tactics Are all made at a +1 bonus.
„ Failure: The party wastes time traveling in circles or doubling back, making no meaningful headway.
„ Critical Failure: The group heads in the wrong direction and becomes lost. The Navigator must make a successful Survival roll at a −2 penalty to reorient the party at a subsequent date (checked once per day of Travel as usual, only if they realize they are lost—GM's discretion).

Pilot: Holding the wheel steady in this storm is no easy feat. Gale force winds threaten to twist and tear the ship apart. Only a steady hand here will get the ship within striking distance of Parson’s trucks. Make a piloting or boating roll at -4.
Failure: the trucks are 500 feet away
Success: the trucks are 90 feet away
Raise: the trucks are 15 feet away (this is within gang plank distance)

Tactics: a stealth or battle roll at -4(a power skill roll could be used if you had appropriate powers like illusion, an obscuring spell, or even a mass puppet. Roll 3d6 plus the PowerPoints used, the power must be able to at least affect a large area or 6 people). This is your ability to assist the ship in quietly or maneuver in on the trucks with a distinct advantage.
Failure: the enemy has the drop in the first round of combat
Success: cards are drawn normally
Raise: You team has the drop on the first round

Lookout: All sorts of monsters lurk out in the wilds especially near leylines. Make a notice roll to help the sky ship avoid a brood of Gargoyle high magics dinning on the bones of their latest victims. Notice at -4.
Failure: each member of the group takes 1d4-1 min 1 wounds (including the ship). The juicers are lost and only Kassandra and Angus remain from the CS. Gaiter survives.
Success: party members take 1 wound but find 200,000 credits in valuables after defeating the gargoyal brood.
Raise: through the lookouts efforts the gargoyals never stood a chance. No wounds, 200,000 in valuables plus an ancient looking blade made of silver so polished it the blade formed a mirror that shown not who you are but who you were meant to be.

Engines: Time is of the essence here, do you take your sweet time getting to Parsons or do you modify, create, and coax more out of the Morose’s engines? Make a repair, or technowizard roll at -2( was -4 but team CS aids you).
Failure: It takes 3 days to catch up to Parsons
Success: it takes a day
Raise: six hours elapse

Ok heroes choose your task, there is five of them. Don’t forget to support. Depending how it goes we will do initiative. Make your roll (support can be made at -4), narrate the action, thoughts, rp etc.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia approaches Captain Gater. "While we appreciate you letting us run the show, Captain, your experience is going to be invaluable. What sort of things do we need to be doing as we head East?" As the Captain fills her in on the complexities of running an airship, Ophelia considers what she knows of the team's abilities, making mental notes on best matches. Once done, she issues directives.

"Clark, you are on navigator duty. Keep us on the Captain's suggested heading. Joe, you take the wheel--Lucy, is it? The Captain tells me he'll need both hands for the controls; perhaps you could man one of the guns with the rest of our soldiers?" Mental note--need to take a closer look at her if I get a chance. She continues, voice mild as always. "Mercer, please take lookout. Luke, the Captain tells me that with a dab hand, we can coax more speed out of the engines--could you go below-decks with the scientific team and see what miracles you can perform? Once we get closer to our quarry, I shall be setting up a psychic screen to help cover our approach. The rest of you, please assist wherever you feel most able."
OOC Comments
Ophelia uses Illusion to mask the ship's approach:
Base ISP 3, Major Psionic +2 Boost = +4 ISP, 7 ISP plus roll
Net roll 1d10-2
Psionics 1d10!!-2: [9]-2 = 7
Wild Psi 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

ISP Cost 3d6: [3, 5, 3] = 11
Total ISP used: 18.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Clark
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Clark »

Survival 11
Survival 1d8!! Wild Die 1d6!!: [11!!]+[2] = 13
Clark nods, and takes up a position where he can get a clear view. With the help of the Captains bearings, he is able to guide the ship along the best possible route.
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Luke (w/ Doc) has barely touched the deck when he hears @Ophelia Monk delgating assignments. For being so young, she is awefully authorative. Humans. Earthlings. Time is short for them.

Luke directs Doc towards Captain Gaitor and points out the four juicers on board. Luke knows that Doc has had special interest in Juicers, before, during , and escpecially after the Juicer Uprising. Seeing that Doc has much to keep himself busy with, Luke does not bother to point out the other two Atlanteans on board ( @Antipas and @Cassiopeia ).

"One crisis at a time @Ophelia Monk."

Heading below decks once more, Luke meets with the CS Scientists once more. In conversation with Xander, Luke looks up from his datapad as his facemask peels back and up to reveal his blue ageless features.

"Based on our previous workings with the engines on board the Morose, I am calculating that we can increase the marginal output by 30%."

"Figuring the head start that Parsons has on us. We have a limited window to get the most of the marginal input."

Looking into the faces of the CS Scientists, Luke realizes that the last 48 hours has been quite a bit for them to take in and process.

"You have all been through alot the last couple of day. These things are the life of a Legionaire."

"There will be time to decompress and assess things, after we give the engines an overhaul and a few tweaks."

Xander pipes in over Luke's built in external PA system.

" We need to reassess the the flow to converter manifold. "

"The last interaction with it was a patch job. The Morose draws power from the ley lines and converts into a a fuel for the engines."

"PPE or magic in leymen's terms is the primary source of power for the Morose. The coverters are equipped to draw on ISP or psychic energy as well and then convert it into the fuel as well."

"Two of you will oversee the primary PPE converter, the other two will be overseeing the secondary ISP converter."

"Xander and I will be overseeing the engines and the mix/flow controls."

Luke flips comms to internal over the 77ths sequred team comms. " @Cassiopeia Cass, could use your assistance and company below decks. A secret techy rendezvous."

Looking up from his datapad and technical schematics that Xander was relaying over his HUD, Luke looks to the CS Scientists, "Well let's get to work. Ask those questions. Work your own brand of magic. Let's get this skyship out of cruise control."

Repair 1d12
Wild 1d6
Scene Modifier -2 (was -4, but CS Scientist assist to -2)
Mr Fix It +2

Repair 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Wild (Repair) 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Obviously not Super Science by design, Luke and Xander seek to rectify that miscalculation

Elan ( 2 of 3 Bennies Remaining)
Repair 1d12!! +2: [5] = 5
Wild (Repair) 1d6!! +2: [1] = 1
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”