Nova: Part 1

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3660
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Nova: Part 1

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The sky ship angled upward at the last minute twirling through a gout of green flame unscathed for now. The passengers were thrown against the deck but the ship through the efforts of heroes righted itself. Katapodis and Tsaoussis (Two CS scientists) clutched the deck’s rigging with one hand and pointed off the stern at the Spider Skull walker on the nearby rock outcropping angling for a shot on the main mast. Both had heavy welts on their temples and there incomprehensible babble had to be translated by Xander “Spider we are the fly! Web’s of fire must become a ghost!”The walker’s lasers went red hot, but before it could fire it exploded in a vague mushroom shape cloud of fiery gass. “Look oh! A savior looms and goes boom!” The boom came from underneath, and those on the Morose could finally catch a breath.
Xander to Luke
”Luke, it would appear your two students of the technophile are suffering from major concussions and an acute form of Leyline Aphasia. Extrapolating their poetic excellence I have determined that the Spider Skull walker was about to fire but someone blew it up from below.”
Captain Gaiter swooned to the wheel, and what was left of his head was slick and dark with blood. Despite tremendous pain the Captain grinned, “Well the ship is a mess but in one peice…. Welcome aboard I guess.” He was the only one of the crew that had survived. He grimaced clutching his shoulder and tapped the wheel, “Thank ya for not dumping my cargo. I’ll need to get a new crew.”
He muttered a curse under his breath and dropped to one knee. He gurgled, “Kingsdale…. It’s about an hour, maybe two away. Go North west.” He leaned back on the deck breathing shallow at the mercy of the assorted heroes.

In a short time the familiar hillocks and bunkers of Donner’s division came into view. Fortunately closing in to kingsdale the leyline returned, although it could never be used to travel to the Tomorrow Legion’s castle. The hillocks formed a natural barrier and funel into the city. Two roads to the west were packed with vehicles, horses, wagons, and people in general trying to plead with the Kingsdale Forest Rangers for entrance into the safe haven of Kingsdale. Several robot armors of different makes patrolled nearby letting the rangers conduct their interviews in relative peace. Beyond the Hillocks nestled in the tail end of the Ozarks with a river on one side was the city of Kingsdale. A few tall towers, and a great grey monolith noted the city center and were really all the buildings of note that the vantage from the skyship could offer of the city proper in the distance. A great road sprawled to the east that presumably ran all the way to the Mississippi.

Aboard the Morose the four juicers approached the heroes. One of them with pink silver sparkly hair cracked a cocky grin. She wore the traditional plate mail of a juicer and sported a JA-11 rifle on her back. Like most juicers she was extremely fit, “Well it looks like Jergins went boom. Ma name is B-side, this is Spiderweb, total-hate, and Bathwater.” She pointed in turn to a green haired female, a bald male, and male with a vibrant blue mowhawk. All juicers of course and all strangely named. “If you need crew we got you.” Despite her efforts B-side could not help but steal half a dozen glances of Cassiopeia.

Kassandra nodded joining the conversation clapping her uncle Mercer’s shoulder. She adjusted her CS uniform and tossed down her death head style patch ripping it from her uniform. “We are with you too. With Luke repairing the converter My team can keep this ship running, its slow from what I can tell but maybe we can punch it up and even figure out how to power it without leylines.” She paused thinking for a sec, “Ophelia asked us if we wanted to join the Tomorrow Legion, given all that happened. We are in.” Angus and the other CS scientists and soldiers nodded in solemn commitment.

Lucy llyboc took her eyes off Big Joe for a moment and looked out, she pointed toward two dozen TK flyers rapidly approaching the Morose. Her sultry mouth and warm breath tickled Big Joe, “What are those big fella?” Her eyes narrowed as the rising sun rays caught one of the flyers just right giving the impression that the person on the flyer was shirtless with bare skin glistening.

With the Captain unconscious the heroes of the legion held fate in their hands. The sun had just started to rise, a horrible clang came from the heavens and a dark ornate blade fell from above plunging into the wooden deck of the sky ship. The blade was soaked in blood and was forged as if made of solid shadow itself. It could not be moved. Glyphs of an unknown language were scrawled into it’s side.
General Radio communication
”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
Common knowledge TN 4(-2 if you are new to the area), The two roads, Whykin and Laramy
Its not uncommon for traffic to come and go from the road to Laramy, but the road to Whykin has been untravelled in recent times. Having it currently packed with travellers seeking entrance into Kings-dale is highly unusual.
Notice -2, the road east to Mississippi and merctown
Far to the east along the road just going over the horizon you can make out thin spirals of black smoke]
Antipas, if you make the notice roll above
You also see some kind of hidden button on the wheel of the ship.
Kingsdale Oh my…
In addition to the advance for the quad, please take another advance for making it all the way to kingsdale]
Bonus Benny chance
There are lots of folks down below, presumably no legionairs but perhaps your character spies something or someone interesting talking to the Forest Rangers or waiting to get into Kingsdale
Rest
Two hours have gone by, feel free to activate any daily healing rolls as a new day has dawned. One level of fatigue can be removed as well.
Antipas
You once had a chance to study under the great Undead Slayer Sebazio Lengdosia. He was one of the only Undead Slayers to ever kill a vampire intelligence purportedly single handed.

He had awoken Antipas with a dash of cold ice water and had the young slayer apprentice standing knee deep in cold oceanic waters looking out from a white sandy beach. After hours of bone chilling standing Sebazio Lengdosia walked over from his thatched beach hut. His daughter Krysesia was on his shoulders giggigling at a joke her father must have told. Barely even noticing Antipas he asked a rhetorical question. “What do you know of the celestial temple Antipas?” He tossed his child in the air catching her playfully. “It is inhabited by powerful beings, gods if you will, named so after aspects which they embody…. Hope, Judge, Will, Architect, War, and many more.” He placed his hand on Antipas’ fresh tattoo displayed on his back. “Even Nemisis. But like any force there are those that oppose them.” He took a step back letting his daughter splash in the water, ”It is said, a blade so black you can loose yourself its edge will herald the coming of the temple. What that means I know not.” He laughed and splashed water back at his daughter, “Come Antipas, let us go eat.”
Clark
Lois seems very interested in an area at the bow of the ship. She seems to be pacing back and forth very agitated. Despite her injuries something was bothering her.
Leyline
There are enough leylines near kingsdale for the ship and characters to be considered on one. Leylines extend to the east toward the mississipi, to the west whykinish, North, and south. However the south west one that would take you closest to the TL castle no longer functions/is visible

Please feel free to have some in character interaction, and set a course. Do you stop? Do you go east toward merctown? Do you travel instead to whykin to see what is going on there? Do you go in some unexpected direction? Maybe there is some info you have gained during the adventure so far you wish to share. Anyways have fun with some RP and we well get this adventure moving forward in two weeks. Also Please make a single piloting roll, feel free to support. No modifiers.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Cassiopeia »

Notice -2 situational (waiting on question here)

common knowledge

CK 1d8!!: [2] = 2
CK wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
She's been in a coma for 10 years. She doesn't know anything about traffic.

Stabilize the captain

Healing 1d4!!: [1] = 1
heal wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Cass knows enough to stop the bleeding on the captain's nasty head wound. She lays him out flat, props his feet and applies pressure. She ignores Luke and Antipas when she speaks to the rest of the party, "Which one of you is the actual medic? Maybe we should sort that out while we're in transit."

----
Once the captain is resting comfortably, Cass cleans her hands and notices that Luke and Pas are busy with different tasks. She really just wants to sit and rest for a place. She heads back to where Lois and Clark are in hopes of napping against a giant warm lizard. But it doesn't look like Lois is in the mood for any cuddling.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Right After Escape
Common knowledge
Common Knowledge d6!!: [1] = 1
Common Knowledge Wild d6!!: [1] = 1
Notice
Modifiers: scene -2, Shades +2. Net 0
Notice d6!!: [3] = 3
Notice Wild d6!!: [2] = 2
Having gotten the ship back on course, well the course they could take anyway, Antipas hands the ships wheel to B-Side while keeping his cloak wrapped tightly around himself. "Just follow the ley line and don't touch the altitude control. I'd like to get some juice back before we all almost die again." Finding a place gather his wits for a minute he ponders how to handle sharing his situation with a team the now consisted of a bunch of (hopefully reformed) CS scientists including a (probably poisonous) Lyboc. He decides to talk to @Ophelia first.

Pulling the mindmelter aside for a private conversation, he starts by revealing the state of his Mantle tattoo. Now mostly gone is the scrollwork of runes that used to fill in much of the space between his more conventional Atlantean tattoos. The little of it the remains continues to bleed from his skin, pooling up only to disintegrate. "No, this is not normal, I have lost the blessings before for failures of judgement but never the physical tattoo." He interjects before she can ask. "Something has happened to my Goddess. Which would only be my problem but her last message to me was a warning that her sister, Spite, is after my daughter. So now kinda all of our problem. As for why I'm not certain but it probably has to do with Nemesis' role in her conception. Her mother is human and so Angel shouldn't have happened."


After conversing with Ophelia over matters He finds a place to rest a bit while in flight to Kingsdale.
Power Activation
Spirit d8!!: [4] = 4
Spirit Wild d6!!: [14!!] = 14
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 13/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Quick, Tattoo Harmony,
Bennies: 2/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Luke's first concern is the Captain Gaiter. "We (Luke & Xander) can stabilize the Captain here."

Xander speaks up, "That will only last for so long."

Luke points to the two cuncussed scientists and Kassandra, "One downed man requires three to keep him from dieing."

"As to the sky ship, we can rig her for a more physical means of propulsion, lift off, landing, and flight."

Xander to Luke, "We have a direct radio message from ... Commander Smith of Donner's Division."

Luke pauses for a moment, "Would that be Shirtless Smith, the Sauvvy Swooner of the 77th?"
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
General Radio communication
”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
Moving from Captain Gaiter to the side rail, Luke and Xander search the figures below.


@Pender Lumkiss
Radio Response
"Commander ... Smith. This is Luke, formerly of the 77th. Would you be the same Shirtless Smith, the Sauvvy Swooner of the 77th?"
While awaiting a response from the "Commander", Luke scans the area for a place to land when he notices that the ship is being waved to land in a clearing near a hilllock covered in trees.

"Repairs and modifications will happen after we land or least stop moving."

@Antipas "Pas we need to land."

"Lets ease the Morose gently to our left. We don't want her to suddenly come apart."

Common Knowledge - 1d4
No Scene Modifier
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild (Common Knowledge) 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
Common knowledge TN 4(-2 if you are new to the area), The two roads, Whykin and Laramy
Its not uncommon for traffic to come and go from the road to Laramy, but the road to Whykin has been untravelled in recent times. Having it currently packed with travellers seeking entrance into Kings-dale is highly unusual.
Calling to Lyboc and @Mercer, "Are those citizens of Whykin? Are the CS fleeing their own strongholds."

Notice - 1d4
Scene Modifier -2
Notice 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Luke notices nothing else and reurns to Antipas to help him land the sky ship.
Last edited by Luke on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Mercer
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Location: Mercy Six

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Mercer »



Aboard The Remorse

Rubbing tired eyes Mercer concentrated on pushing the grotesque images away and just seeing his fellow teammates as they actually look. For a moment he succeeded then the horrific truth of his sight returned.

Whatever had happened to him when he had held the rogue Ley Line from exploding had definitely caused some kind of damage to his mental state.

Sitting down abruptly the exiled CS Major took several deep breaths. Watching as the CS and Juicers pledged alliance… allegiance even to the Morose. It felt hypocritical thinking about how easily they tore off their ranks and CS markings and allied with what once was their enemy.

Mercer was a top list traitor to the CS. Yet he still felt a sense of belonging to the Empire.


New Advances Taken
Two Advances: April 2022 two new Advances: Master Psionics Edge — now I’m rocking it as a Master Psionics! and Buy of Suspicious (Minor). Now I can be less suspicious of my teammates.
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
CK 1d8!!: [5] = 5 CK Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Notice wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Bonus Bennie
There are lots of folks down below, presumably no legionairs but perhaps your character spies something or someone interesting talking to the Forest Rangers or waiting to get into Kingsdale.
Sliding over to the edge of the ship Mercer leans over the edge of the railing and waits for the inevitable. His stomach is churning.

Tears in his eyes he wipes them away with an aged hand. Looking down he spy's something interesting.

Interrupting his thoughts he hears Luke call out: ”Are those citizens of Whykin? Are the CS fleeing their own strongholds." Mercer tries to focus on what the alien is saying …

Frowning he watches a camouflaged figure moving through the forest trailing the people on the roadway.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
Bonus Benny chance
There are lots of folks down below, presumably no legionairs but perhaps your character spies something or someone interesting talking to the Forest Rangers or waiting to get into Kingsdale
Once Luke is certain that @Antipas can land the sky ship, Luke runs to the rail and jumps off, allowing Xander's jet pack to slow his freefall descent.

Luke was pretty sure he had spotted an old friend in crowds. Since he was a newcomer to Earth, most of his friends were newcomers like himself. The figure he had picked out of the crowds was however not a newcomer to Earth but was not an Earthling. Truth be told, Luke had no idea how long this particular individual had been on Earth.

Landing. Luke & Xander startled a Power Armored Forest Ranger who yelled for them to stop. Xander quickly sent an electronic message to the pilot of the suit, "Luke. In'Valian Scientest. Kingsdale Passcode X-XX-XXX." Before the pilot could respond, Luke & Xander were into the crowd.

The individual Luke had spotted was wearing a Black Rodeo King Hat, a Gray Frock Coat, and Black Pinstrip Trousers. A signature look for a one-of-kind indivdual.

Xander kept feeding Luke proximity information on their target, until they reached a space where the crowds were not. Scanning the area, one would notice makeshift cots and bedrolls laid out in rows. One figure moved between the bedrolls and the cots in a Black Hat and Gray Coat. Luke & Xander stopped and waited. It was obvious the figure was intent in his work of triaging and attending to the sick and injured.

Luke had Xander help him scan nearby indivduals to see if there was anything that they could do. Coming up negative on assistance, Luke & Xander resumed waiting for figure in the Hat and Coat to finish.

The figure in the Hat and Coat finished their rounds and was making notes on a datapad when he noticed Luke & Xander because they were suddenly flanked left and right by two heavily armored and armed Forest Rangers. The figure lifted its head and those around looked upon an ageless male face. "Rangers stand down." the man is said in a rather ringing baritone voice.

@Doc Olliday strode over to Luke & Xander, his frock coat blowing back over the dual side arms belted around his waist. The implements of his trade were nowhere to be seen.

<< Doc Olliday >> "Luke what brings you to Kingsdale?"

<< Luke >> "Rendezvous with old nemeses."

<< Luke >> "Doc, I know you have your concierge medical services in Merctown. Are you branching out?"

Doc smiled at Luke, "I heard that there was trouble brewing here."

Luke held up his hand, "Enough said. We have need of your skills. The
Luke had heard that Doc had studied and worked for a period of time with the Momanos as well looking after Juicers. The man had skills across many fields of medical and "magical" science.
set of skills.
"
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm
Kingsdale Oh my…
In addition to the advance for the quad, please take another advance for making it all the way to kingsdale]
Novice 3 - Elan
Seasoned 1 - Master of Magic
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Notice 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Common Knowledge 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild Common Knowledge 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Ophelia, somehow, manages to actually catch a brief nap on the way to Kingsdale, and as the crew reacts to their arrival in the city's airspace, she blinks awake a bit groggily. She is still a bit disoriented, and so most of the details about what's happening, she draws from her allies' reaction, rather than her own observation. Still, it's enough for her to grasp the situation.

"Of course, Antipas. Family... family must come first. And we have no specific reason to stop here, so long as the Captain can be tended to."

She looks over at Mercer, and frowns a bit. Hopefully, once we are under way again, he and I can talk... He is clearly under strain.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm

”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
"Yes it is. And I see you still hate shirts. Smith, Antipas here. Do we need to land if we're not stopping? As I'm sure you can imagine we have business to the east."

[/quote]
Luke wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:42 pm

@Antipas "Pas we need to land."

"Lets ease the Morose gently to our left. We don't want her to suddenly come apart."
"Why? The one useful thing Joe has done was heal someone, so him or Treebeard can see to the captain. And now that we're at Kingsdale we can take leylines east. Parsons has my daughter. I will not wait or be sidetracked."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 13/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Quick, Tattoo Harmony,
Bennies: 2/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Cassiopeia wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:07 pm Notice -2 situational (waiting on question here)

common knowledge

CK 1d8!!: [2] = 2
CK wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
She's been in a coma for 10 years. She doesn't know anything about traffic.

Stabilize the captain

Healing 1d4!!: [1] = 1
heal wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Cass knows enough to stop the bleeding on the captain's nasty head wound. She lays him out flat, props his feet and applies pressure. She ignores Luke and Antipas when she speaks to the rest of the party, "Which one of you is the actual medic? Maybe we should sort that out while we're in transit."

----
Once the captain is resting comfortably, Cass cleans her hands and notices that Luke and Pas are busy with different tasks. She really just wants to sit and rest for a place. She heads back to where Lois and Clark are in hopes of napping against a giant warm lizard. But it doesn't look like Lois is in the mood for any cuddling.
After watching the flyers for a bit Big Joe hears Cass. "Shucks, ain't no such thing as a better healer than Big Joe." He says his eyes more on his lady friend Lybuck than on the captain. "Why ain't no one mentioned he needed help earlier." He says as he goes over and begins his work.

Psionic Healing +2 Wounds recoverted
Psionic Healing, adding +10 modifier for past golden hour and adding +2 to roll from Major Psionic for total 15 ISP.
Psionic Healing 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!! With +2 from Healer and +2 from Extra ISP total +4: [6]+[4] = 10
As the Captain recovers Joe finishes. "See, not much Big joe cannot heal."

As the sword crashes down Big Joe looks on it with awe and begins moving to pick it up. Seeing no one else paid it any attention he says. "Hey check this thing out!" As he fails to pull it from the deck of the ship. "This thing gots some serious mojo in it eh. Why won't it pull out?"

Common Knowledge Fail
Common Knowledge 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! With -2 from scene: [2]+[2] = 4
Notice 5
Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[5] = 6
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Big Joe wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:49 am

As the sword crashes down Big Joe looks on it with awe and begins moving to pick it up. Seeing no one else paid it any attention he says. "Hey check this thing out!" As he fails to pull it from the deck of the ship. "This thing gots some serious mojo in it eh. Why won't it pull out?"

Common Knowledge Fail
Common Knowledge 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! With -2 from scene: [2]+[2] = 4
Notice 5
Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[5] = 6
Of course when the sword falls from the literal heavens Joe is the first to rush over. After making sure nothing or no one else is following Antipas also approaches the weapon."You have a terrible habit of groping dangerous things. Either it's not for you or it's not quite time. I mean the sword. As for the girl, ask Ophelia or Mercer what a "honey pot trap" is." He studies the runes on the blade, then he puts a finger to the tattoo of a lidless eye on the back of his neck. It flares with magic and the undead slayer looks over the runes again.

“Darkness is death, bring me to the light of all Atlanteans.” After reading the inscription the Atlantean sighs. "Guess I may as well see." Reaching out with one hand he gives it a pull achieving no more than Joe. He makes his way past @Ophelia and quietly says "The core team needs to have a private conversation whenever you have the juice."

Then he heads back and plops down next to @Cassiopeia and speaks with her in Atlantean, "Things are about to get of the charts insane even for us. A war between Gods is coming and Angel is somehow in the middle of it."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 13/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Quick, Tattoo Harmony,
Bennies: 2/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:41 pm
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm

”This is Commander Smith from Donner’s Division. Heave to sky ship and land. To proceed into Kingsdale you will need to be interviewed. Is that a dinosaur?”
"Yes it is. And I see you still hate shirts. Smith, Antipas here. Do we need to land if we're not stopping? As I'm sure you can imagine we have business to the east."
Luke wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:42 pm

@Antipas "Pas we need to land."

"Lets ease the Morose gently to our left. We don't want her to suddenly come apart."
"Why? The one useful thing Joe has done was heal someone, so him or Treebeard can see to the captain. And now that we're at Kingsdale we can take leylines east. Parsons has my daughter. I will not wait or be sidetracked."
[/quote]

<<Luke across secure comms>> "Pas, where two of you is great. Having this one as a third is a solid win."

<<Continuing on Secure>> "Land. Don't Land. I will catch up to the Morose and the rest of you in a bit."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Antipas wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:29 pm Of course when the sword falls from the literal heavens Joe is the first to rush over. After making sure nothing or no one else is following Antipas also approaches the weapon."You have a terrible habit of groping dangerous things. Either it's not for you or it's not quite time. I mean the sword. As for the girl, ask Ophelia or Mercer what a "honey pot trap" is." He studies the runes on the blade, then he puts a finger to the tattoo of a lidless eye on the back of his neck. It flares with magic and the undead slayer looks over the runes again.
"Honey Pot Trap?" Joe shakes his head. "Come on Pops, I ain't got money. The lady just likes me. No need to let your jealousy spoil the atmosphere."



Luke wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:35 am
<<Continuing on Secure>> "Land. Don't Land. I will catch up to the Morose and the rest of you in a bit."

Joe points to the patrtol ordering us to land. "I think if you want to ignore them, you will have to be ready for them to shoot us. And as this ain't got no walls, that would be vehicles weapons on us. I think Grumpy and I are the only ones likely to survive a volley of rail gun fire."
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Mind Link, Psychic Switchboard (6 ISP total)
Psionics 1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild Psionics 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Should be enough to get everyone, even with Arcane Resistance
\

Ophelia nods at Antipas, and focuses her will. A moment later, the 'core team', as Antipas put it, are all in psychic communication. Before we decide how to proceed, Antipas has some information he feels we should all be privy to--and to be kept within our own circle, for now. Antipas, please share. And for now, at least, let's leave the very dangerous looking artifact alone.

At the same time, over the radio, she speaks calmly. "Captain Smith, if we are going to be remaining in your airspace, please trust that we will absolutely comply with your orders; however, it does appear that we will be wanting to move along quickly, and not enter the city at this time. If this turns out to be the case, please have one of your Wingmen escort us through the preferred route through your airspace--no reason for us to be poor guests, even if we aren't staying."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3660
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Morose angled easterly following the leyline and great road that lead through the wilds and presumably ended at the mighty Mississippi River. The TK flyers let the sky ship pass unceremoniously zooming passed them surveying the below crowded masses waiting to find their way into Kingsdale. The heroes on board thought they saw the shirtless leader of the TK flyers wave as the morning sun struck his chest causing a small display of sweaty brilliance. ”Rodger that Skyship, good luck and safe travels. Pinapple out.”Finally as the ship turned away from Kimgsdale A small circular drone marked with a styleized DH: medical services, buzzed onto deck dropping off a small wrapped parcel.
The drone contains
It has one of those fancy robo surgical repair kits in it
Captain Gater groaned grasping the new parts of his head that were stitched back together. Normally it would have been customary for the wounded to thank those that healed but the surly Captain instead pointed at the Dino snorting and stomping at the bow of the ship, “Ughhh, get that Dino away from there!” Despite his demand his voice was rather weak and raspy. He shook his head clearing it for a second and tried to pass his initial thoughts and words as a joke, “Hehe, just kidding. Ummm yeah thank you so much for the save. So…” He turned to look at the direction the ship was heading and then looked back with a half hidden scowl, “Not heading to Kimgsdale? A pity…” Ultimately he shrugged and smiled weakly picking up on the groups need to move quickly, “I sense something is pushing you east, perhaps those quickly disapearing plumes of smoke?” He brushed his scragly hair off his face letting the air hit him, “The wind is picking up, strange timing…. A gale is on the horizon.” Realizing he was no longer exactly in command of the Morose he tapped the deck kicking some loose rigging, “I would recommend we button down the hatches, secure the rigging, and set our bearing to 113 mark 4.” The heading would take the sky ship eastward along the leyline and so called eastern road which was remenants of an old earth high way now over grow the wild vegetation and monsters that waylaid travelers both at night and day. The four remaining juicers slid down some loose ropes to the deck, they slung their laser rifles ready to assist.

A ganngly juicer sporting a mowhawk and a think dusty brown beard nods to Cassiopia,”We got your back Kohl.”

The CS Lt. Kassandra Maverick wiped sweat from her brow. Her team had their tools out and were taking stock of their supplies. Kassandra silded up near Mercer and Ophelia. Her voice was low and unsteady, “Uncle Jess? Are you sure you don’t need to go to Kingsdale…. Uh you could maybe have that guy Luke is talking about give you a once over.” Uncomfortably she looked at Ophelia, “What do you think?”

Before Ophelia could respond, Angus clapped Mercer on the back, “Stop worrying about the old guy Lt. I heard of Mercer…. If the stories about your uncle are half true he can still handle himself.” He chuckled looking briefly at Ophelia, then looked up at the morning sun rising squinting to try and see the fading smoke plumes as the storm quickly approached. Angus looked at his radio as it crackled briefly with the sound of a young boy, ”This is Alex Silverbluff. I am member of the Tomorrow Legion. I…. I am on a truck. ShZzzzzz, Has captured several members. Shhhzzzzzz. A baby and glitterboy…. Shzzzzzz he’s managed to activate…. Shzzzzzzz.” The radio went dead.

Lucy hanging on Joe’s arm pouts her big rosey red jucy lips and tickle’s Joe’s neck, “Sounds like that kid could use some help, huh Joe?” Briefly she glanced at Antipas always making a note of where that true Atlantean was.

The plumes of smoke in the east dispersed as storm clouds crept in over the horizon. Would or could the heroes catch perhaps the most famed black market enforcer this side of the Mississippi. If the heroes were truly going to over take Parsons and his smoking desiel trucks they would have to brave the unknown storm in their desperate bid to save the last of the legion and the baby whose fate good or ill would change the world.
Antipas touches the sword
You are treated to a glimpse of a warm inviting place, the Hearth of your home. The fire warmed the soul, but lying in front of it was a woman face down and obscured by sharply cut hair. You feel that a barrier of invisible force separate you two. You feel you could break through this barrier if you could unleash a tremendous amount of potential psychic energy upon it. Before this vision fades you here a voice unlike any that you have heard before. It trumpets a single word, “Atlantean!”
When Joe touches the sword.
You are treated to a hellish landscape volcanic rocks and red lava flows. To one side screams of pain draw your attention. A red bulbous demon standing 20 feet tall wielding a whip for which it uses over and over flaying the skin of a man whose features are both striking and familiar. The man screams over and over as the whip bites and burns flesh. The demon laughs and looks at Joe. The man, strange and yet very familiar, screams, “No not my son Demon! Run Joe!!!!”
Spirit -4, fail and you are at additional -2 on the task roll as your ordeal has left you weakened. Succeed and you are at a +2 on the task roll]
Common kn, Parsons
He is a resourceful, intelligent ex black market enforcer. He has had dealings with the legions 77th CIT.

Cassiopeia
You get a +1 from your juicer groupies.
Doc for Luke
Doc’s particular set of skills will give Luke a +1 on his task. He also hands Luke a biological sample to analyze, “This was what attacked the tomorrow legion. It’s cell structure is unlike any I have seen.”
Mercer tagged
You loose sight of the camouflaged character. The next thing you knew something hit you in the thigh, a sharp piercing pain that lasted a moment. Suddenly your suit’s heads up display activated displaying a single image. It was the CS death certificate for Lucy Lyboc, persumed dead 6 months ago outside of Fort Eldorado during a vampire attack. Body never recovered. As quick as it activated the image self deletes.

While the leyline parallels the so called road east, it will take a skilled pilot, fast ship, watchful eye, and wise guide to navigate the encroaching storm and perils before they reach Parsons. This will be a dramatic task that will need 5 primary rolls. Any one not primary may assist per normal rules(support at -4).

Navigator: The storm ahead! There is no way around the dark clouds that loom ahead. The path to Merc town and Parsons Trucks go straight through it. Rain, wind, and lightning strikes make charting a course all but impossible. Survival -2 please(was -4, but you saved captain Gaitor).

„ RSuccessThe party is headed in the right direction, no extra effect.
„ Raise: The following Lookout, Pilot, and tactics Are all made at a +1 bonus.
„ Failure: The party wastes time traveling in circles or doubling back, making no meaningful headway.
„ Critical Failure: The group heads in the wrong direction and becomes lost. The Navigator must make a successful Survival roll at a −2 penalty to reorient the party at a subsequent date (checked once per day of Travel as usual, only if they realize they are lost—GM's discretion).

Pilot: Holding the wheel steady in this storm is no easy feat. Gale force winds threaten to twist and tear the ship apart. Only a steady hand here will get the ship within striking distance of Parson’s trucks. Make a piloting or boating roll at -4.
Failure: the trucks are 500 feet away
Success: the trucks are 90 feet away
Raise: the trucks are 15 feet away (this is within gang plank distance)

Tactics: a stealth or battle roll at -4(a power skill roll could be used if you had appropriate powers like illusion, an obscuring spell, or even a mass puppet. Roll 3d6 plus the PowerPoints used, the power must be able to at least affect a large area or 6 people). This is your ability to assist the ship in quietly or maneuver in on the trucks with a distinct advantage.
Failure: the enemy has the drop in the first round of combat
Success: cards are drawn normally
Raise: You team has the drop on the first round

Lookout: All sorts of monsters lurk out in the wilds especially near leylines. Make a notice roll to help the sky ship avoid a brood of Gargoyle high magics dinning on the bones of their latest victims. Notice at -4.
Failure: each member of the group takes 1d4-1 min 1 wounds (including the ship). The juicers are lost and only Kassandra and Angus remain from the CS. Gaiter survives.
Success: party members take 1 wound but find 200,000 credits in valuables after defeating the gargoyal brood.
Raise: through the lookouts efforts the gargoyals never stood a chance. No wounds, 200,000 in valuables plus an ancient looking blade made of silver so polished it the blade formed a mirror that shown not who you are but who you were meant to be.

Engines: Time is of the essence here, do you take your sweet time getting to Parsons or do you modify, create, and coax more out of the Morose’s engines? Make a repair, or technowizard roll at -2( was -4 but team CS aids you).
Failure: It takes 3 days to catch up to Parsons
Success: it takes a day
Raise: six hours elapse

Ok heroes choose your task, there is five of them. Don’t forget to support. Depending how it goes we will do initiative. Make your roll (support can be made at -4), narrate the action, thoughts, rp etc.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia approaches Captain Gater. "While we appreciate you letting us run the show, Captain, your experience is going to be invaluable. What sort of things do we need to be doing as we head East?" As the Captain fills her in on the complexities of running an airship, Ophelia considers what she knows of the team's abilities, making mental notes on best matches. Once done, she issues directives.

"Clark, you are on navigator duty. Keep us on the Captain's suggested heading. Joe, you take the wheel--Lucy, is it? The Captain tells me he'll need both hands for the controls; perhaps you could man one of the guns with the rest of our soldiers?" Mental note--need to take a closer look at her if I get a chance. She continues, voice mild as always. "Mercer, please take lookout. Luke, the Captain tells me that with a dab hand, we can coax more speed out of the engines--could you go below-decks with the scientific team and see what miracles you can perform? Once we get closer to our quarry, I shall be setting up a psychic screen to help cover our approach. The rest of you, please assist wherever you feel most able."
OOC Comments
Ophelia uses Illusion to mask the ship's approach:
Base ISP 3, Major Psionic +2 Boost = +4 ISP, 7 ISP plus roll
Net roll 1d10-2
Psionics 1d10!!-2: [9]-2 = 7
Wild Psi 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

ISP Cost 3d6: [3, 5, 3] = 11
Total ISP used: 18.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Clark
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Clark »

Survival 11
Survival 1d8!! Wild Die 1d6!!: [11!!]+[2] = 13
Clark nods, and takes up a position where he can get a clear view. With the help of the Captains bearings, he is able to guide the ship along the best possible route.
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Luke (w/ Doc) has barely touched the deck when he hears @Ophelia Monk delgating assignments. For being so young, she is awefully authorative. Humans. Earthlings. Time is short for them.

Luke directs Doc towards Captain Gaitor and points out the four juicers on board. Luke knows that Doc has had special interest in Juicers, before, during , and escpecially after the Juicer Uprising. Seeing that Doc has much to keep himself busy with, Luke does not bother to point out the other two Atlanteans on board ( @Antipas and @Cassiopeia ).

"One crisis at a time @Ophelia Monk."

Heading below decks once more, Luke meets with the CS Scientists once more. In conversation with Xander, Luke looks up from his datapad as his facemask peels back and up to reveal his blue ageless features.

"Based on our previous workings with the engines on board the Morose, I am calculating that we can increase the marginal output by 30%."

"Figuring the head start that Parsons has on us. We have a limited window to get the most of the marginal input."

Looking into the faces of the CS Scientists, Luke realizes that the last 48 hours has been quite a bit for them to take in and process.

"You have all been through alot the last couple of day. These things are the life of a Legionaire."

"There will be time to decompress and assess things, after we give the engines an overhaul and a few tweaks."

Xander pipes in over Luke's built in external PA system.

" We need to reassess the the flow to converter manifold. "

"The last interaction with it was a patch job. The Morose draws power from the ley lines and converts into a a fuel for the engines."

"PPE or magic in leymen's terms is the primary source of power for the Morose. The coverters are equipped to draw on ISP or psychic energy as well and then convert it into the fuel as well."

"Two of you will oversee the primary PPE converter, the other two will be overseeing the secondary ISP converter."

"Xander and I will be overseeing the engines and the mix/flow controls."

Luke flips comms to internal over the 77ths sequred team comms. " @Cassiopeia Cass, could use your assistance and company below decks. A secret techy rendezvous."

Looking up from his datapad and technical schematics that Xander was relaying over his HUD, Luke looks to the CS Scientists, "Well let's get to work. Ask those questions. Work your own brand of magic. Let's get this skyship out of cruise control."

Repair 1d12
Wild 1d6
Scene Modifier -2 (was -4, but CS Scientist assist to -2)
Mr Fix It +2

Repair 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Wild (Repair) 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Obviously not Super Science by design, Luke and Xander seek to rectify that miscalculation

Elan ( 2 of 3 Bennies Remaining)
Repair 1d12!! +2: [5] = 5
Wild (Repair) 1d6!! +2: [1] = 1
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Cassiopeia »

Luke wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:01 amLuke directs Doc towards Captain Gaitor and points out the four juicers on board. Luke knows that Doc has had special interest in Juicers, before, during , and especially after the Juicer Uprising. Seeing that Doc has much to keep himself busy with, Luke does not bother to point out the other two Atlanteans on board.
After the Captain's admonishment to move the agitated dino, Cass had been trying to help Clark maneuver her. She saw Luke land with the man. He wasn’t anyone she recognized, though he held himself with an air of confidence she found familiar and comfortable. Cass followed Luke’s pointing finger to the small squad of Juicers and realized they were headed her way. She was pressed chest to chest with Lois, the beast’s long serpentine neck stretching out over her shoulder, when the Juicers approached her.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:46 pmThe four remaining juicers slid down some loose ropes to the deck, they slung their laser rifles ready to assist.

A gangly juicer sporting a mowhawk and a thin dusty brown beard nods to Cassiopia,”We got your back Kohl.”
Cass closed her eyes and banged her head against the scaly hide of the dinosaur. She mumbled to herself, "Great. Just what I need. Unstable fanboy minions"

She tried to smile when she pulled her head back up to face them. "Alright, but call me Cass. Listen up. There's lots that needs doing on this ship. That woman," Cass pointed to Ophelia, "is in command. If she gives you an order, do it. Right now, I'm…” she stopped and cocked her head as she listened to the comms.
Luke wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:01 am ”Cass, could use your assistance and company below decks. A secret techy rendezvous."
With a smile, Cass activated her mic, "On my way, babe."

Then her eyes snapped back to the Juicers who were already fidgeting with the need to be doing something. "As I was saying, I'm needed below decks to help with repairs. Are any of you carrying a repair kit? Good! You're coming with me." She pointed to the pink haired woman in the back who's hand flipped up.

"You," she pointed to the one who seemed to be standing mostly still with a less manic look in his eye. "Come here and help Lois stay out of the way. Lois, Clark, this is…" she turned a questioning look to the young man sporting a fluffy blonde mullet.

"Boz" the juicer replied, flipping his gun to his back and stepping forward.

"This is Boz. Try not to step on his feet. Boz, try to stay calm. It will help her stay calm."

Turning back to Mowhawk and the final twitchy juicer, she pointed to the railing. "Get to the edge and make sure nothing gets close enough to damage the ship or spook the dinosaur. If either of those men," she pointed at Mercer and Antipas, "gives you an order or a target, you execute it. That's how you can have my back. Do you understand?"

They called out their assent in perfect unison as they fell into their assigned positions. "Well alright then." Cass said to herself as she started for the engine room with the young juicer on her heels. Over the comms she informed the team of the three Juicers on deck being at their disposal.
Luke wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:01 amLooking up from his datapad and technical schematics that Xander was relaying over his HUD, Luke looks to the CS Scientists, "Well let's get to work. Ask those questions. Work your own brand of magic. Let's get this skyship out of cruise control."
Luke seemed to be struggling with his task when Cass and her new sidekick, Bonnie, climbed into the engine compartment.
"You look like you could use a sexy screwdriver or two. Luckily, I brought a friend."


repair 7
Repair kit +1, Juicer assist +1 = total +2
repair 1d8!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Cassiopeia wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:20 pm
Luke wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:01 amLooking up from his datapad and technical schematics that Xander was relaying over his HUD, Luke looks to the CS Scientists, "Well let's get to work. Ask those questions. Work your own brand of magic. Let's get this skyship out of cruise control."
Luke seemed to be struggling with his task when Cass and her new sidekick, Bonnie, climbed into the engine compartment.
"You look like you could use a sexy screwdriver or two. Luckily, I brought a friend."


repair 7
Repair kit +1, Juicer assist +1 = total +2
p1d8!!+2
Ld1d6!!+2
Luke looks up from his place in the engine compartment. As he does the face mask peels back and he cracks a smile and then breaks out in a deep bass laugh that reverberates off the walls and pipes and nearly everything else in the engine compartment.

"This is a very hands on operations."

"Sonya you are an earthling, maybe you can make sense of the mechanical details."

Luke pointed to a converted combustion engine block sitting near the middle of the engine compartment.

"Have a look."

As the pink haired juicer, stepped pass Luke, Luke noticed a glance from Cass.

"It was an educated guess from the encounter I had with the Juicers in the Trees. I swear there should have been more fog in that encounter. Maybe mist would have been more appropriate."

"Either way, you got the names of the others. Strong silent type with nearly red hair."

Cass noded at Luke's logical deduction.

"Oh, by the way, you ma'am are a sexy multitool. Sonya is shaping up to be a very silent screwdriver. Either way, thanks for the timely response."

"See what help Sonya needs. I need to follow up with the CS scientists."

Luke leans in for a kiss, but hugs Cass first, then givers a kiss and disappears through the engine compartment doorway.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Ophelia Monk wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:43 pm Ophelia nods at Antipas, and focuses her will. A moment later, the 'core team', as Antipas put it, are all in psychic communication. Before we decide how to proceed, Antipas has some information he feels we should all be privy to--and to be kept within our own circle, for now. Antipas, please share. And for now, at least, let's leave the very dangerous looking artifact alone.
"The situation with my daughter is worse than we thought. The goddess Spite is also after Angel and is on her way. I was warned about it by my goddess Nemesis just before contact, and her blessings on me, were ended. As for why, I'm not really sure, I thought I knew but then that sword fell from the sky. That heralds the arrival of the Celestial Temple. A place inhabited by a group of gods and similar beings, including my own goddess. Spite is among their foes I'm guessing. Theology was not one of my strengths in the academy.

As for the Sword, well the inscription is ominous, “Darkness is death, bring me to the light of all Atlanteans.”. I was kind of hoping to use it on Spite since it looks like the kind of thing you'd kill a god with but no dice. I did see a vision when I touched it." He projects what he
You are treated to a glimpse of a warm inviting place, the Hearth of your home. The fire warmed the soul, but lying in front of it was a woman face down and obscured by sharply cut hair. You feel that a barrier of invisible force separate you two. You feel you could break through this barrier if you could unleash a tremendous amount of potential psychic energy upon it. Before this vision fades you here a voice unlike any that you have heard before. It trumpets a single word, “Atlantean!”
through the mindlink.


Task Roll, Notice for lookout to assist
Modifiers: scene -4, Bright future shades +2. Net -2
Notice d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Notice Wild d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny to reroll
Notice Reroll d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Notice Wild Reroll d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Being in no mood to deal with either Joe or his new paramour he joins Mercer in prowling the railings and keeping a lookout. However he does a poor job as he wracks his mind trying to dredge up any more details on the Temple or Spite as he paced instead of actually looking for threats. He looks up to actually try just as Mercer is calling out. Cursing more at his own failure to assist than the attack, he draws his vibro blade.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 13/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Quick, Tattoo Harmony,
Bennies: 2/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:46 pm Lucy hanging on Joe’s arm pouts her big rosey red jucy lips and tickle’s Joe’s neck, “Sounds like that kid could use some help, huh Joe?” Briefly she glanced at Antipas always making a note of where that true Atlantean was.
"They sure do sweety, and that is why the heroes are here. We will save them." He says as he smiles up at her oblivious to the rest of the ship.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:46 pm
When Joe touches the sword.
You are treated to a hellish landscape volcanic rocks and red lava flows. To one side screams of pain draw your attention. A red bulbous demon standing 20 feet tall wielding a whip for which it uses over and over flaying the skin of a man whose features are both striking and familiar. The man screams over and over as the whip bites and burns flesh. The demon laughs and looks at Joe. The man, strange and yet very familiar, screams, “No not my son Demon! Run Joe!!!!”
Spirit -4, fail and you are at additional -2 on the task roll as your ordeal has left you weakened. Succeed and you are at a +2 on the task roll]
Fear -4, passed with raise!
Spirit 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!! with -4 to highest: [13!!]+[4] = 17
"Holly crap! I have a dad. Oh man, he will love meeting me. We just have to kill that demon first." Looking out over the edge in the direction Joe feels his father may be. "Don't worry man, we will come save you. I have killed lots of demons."



Then as the crew snaps to action Joe slides up to the helm. "I got this, I fly ships all the time, and only crash them occasionally." He says as he give Lybock a wink. Then whispers to her. "I am just messing with grandpa over there. He is a stuffed shirt." Nodding his head in Antipas's direction.

As the winds pick up Joe smiles into the gale with his mullet matted on his head and begins singing an ancient song. "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, Nobody gonna slow me down, Oh no, I got to keep on moving, Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride, I'm runnin' and I won't touch ground, Oh no, I got to keep on moving..."

Piloting total 4, just barely a success after two bennies
Piloting 1d6!! or 1d6!! with +2 from fear motivation and unknown bonuses from support: [1]+[5] = 6
Benny Piloting 1d6!! or 1d6!! with +2 from fear motivation, +1 support, -4 for scene: [2]+[2] = 4
Last Benny Piloting 1d6!! or 1d6!! with +2 from fear motivation, +1 support, -4 for scene: [4]+[2] = 6
User avatar
Mercer
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Location: Mercy Six

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Mercer »

Notice Roll 8
Notice d8+2 but -4

Notice 1d8!!+2-4: [2]+2-4 = 0
1d6!!: [5] = 5 -4 so a 1.
Will use a bennie

B One 1d8!!+2-4: [9!!]+2-4 = 7 B WD 1d6!!-4: [10!!]-4 = 6 +1 from Clark = 8 Success and a Raise.

Lookout: All sorts of monsters lurk out in the wilds especially near leylines. Make a notice roll to help the sky ship avoid a brood of Gargoyle high magics dinning on the bones of their latest victims. Notice at -4.
Failure: each member of the group takes 1d4-1 min 1 wounds (including the ship). The juicers are lost and only Kassandra and Angus remain from the CS. Gaiter survives.
Success: party members take 1 wound but find 200,000 credits in valuables after defeating the gargoyal brood.
Raise: through the lookouts efforts the gargoyals never stood a chance. No wounds, 200,000 in valuables plus an ancient looking blade made of silver so polished it the blade formed a mirror that shown not who you are but who you were meant to be.

Gargoyles attack from above. Mercer sees them coming in time to warn everyone. His warning being him opening up on the beasts with his rifle and laughing like a mad man. The attack is brutal but eventually the gargoyles are defeated. No one takes any injuries, the gargoyle horde never stood a chance.

No wounds, 200,000 in valuables are located on one of the dead gargoyles that was killed and dropped to land on the ship. Mercer looks at the loot then walks away from it reloading his rifle. Suddenly an ancient looking blade made of silver, so polished the blade formed a mirror, that showed not who you are but who you were meant to be when you looked at its surface dropped from above and stuck pointy end down into the railing adjacent where Mercer stood.

Mercer looks tired or possibly just concerned after the fight and takes up a watch again not wanting to be surprised by anything else. When the blade slams down next to him he looks at it and grimaces. Pulling his cloak off he wraps the blade in the dark material and shoves the blade into his pack.

A few minutes later Mercer makes his way over to @Ophelia Monk and quietly tells her what happened before the fight with the gargoyles.

Info for Ophelia
"Something hit me in the thigh, a sharp piercing pain that lasted a moment. Suddenly my suit’s heads up display activated displaying a single image. It was the CS death certificate for Lucy Lyboc, presumed dead 6 months ago outside of Fort El Dorado during a vampire attack. Body never recovered. As quick as it activated the image self deleted. I do not think she is human and she is doing something to Joe."
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Conceal Arcana (using Subtle Mask, w/ Strong)
Psionics 1d10!!+2: [8]+2 = 10
Wild Psionics 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Ophie's aura is completely concealed. Attempts to use Det. Arcana or similar on her suffer a -4.

Mind-reading (2 ISP; Mind Walk +4, +2 from Major Psi +4): 10 ISP total
Psionics 1d10+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild Psionics 1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7
Free Reroll for being awesome (and a Mind Melter)
Psionics 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild Psionics 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Lucy rolls Smarts:
7 or less: Raise, Lucy has no idea what's happening.
8-10: Success, Ophelia gets to ask questions and get honest answers for up to 20 minutes time. Lucy is aware of the intrusion, but possibly not who is doing it (though she can probably guess)
11+: Lucy fends off the intrusion, AND knows what's going on.
Ophelia doesn't even nod in response to Mercer--he might almost wonder if she heard him. Instead, she walks over to the rail of the ship, evaluating the distance to their destination... deciding that there is no time like the present, without looking, she opens her mind, and attempts to slip into Lucy's thoughts. She hopes her fears are unfounded, but at the mention of the V-word, she feels a little paranoia is justified.
The Questions
Some of these may need to be expanded upon if the answers provoke follow-up questions. If some of the follow-up is particularly obvious, feel free to include it. The questions are asked in this order:

1: Why are you on this ship?
2: Where do your current loyalties lie?
3: Why does CS central command have you marked as deceased?
4: What happened in and after the fight with the Vampires in El Dorado?

Note: If these trigger the following:
"Particularly vital or dangerous questions or thoughts—or exploring deep hidden
fears or something of great emotional value to the target—may call for an
additional contested roll."

Then Lucy can roll Smarts again, this time vs an 11:
Psionics 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild Psionics 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Free Reroll:
Psionics 1d10!!+2: [8]+2 = 10
Wild Psionics 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3660
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucy smarts: 1d8: [1] = 1
Lucy smarts: 1d8: [2] = 2

Captian Gaiter stood next to Big Joe as the sky ship strode down the ley line to the east. Suddenly the ship lurched as it’s technowizard engines flared to life propelling the ship a good 30% faster. The scurvey captian squinted holding onto the deck railing for stability, “Easy Joe, steady the wheel, hands 9 and 5.” The wind whipped his cap back held fast by a drawstring looped around his neck. Lightning flashed and the sky darkened. The Captian breathed, “In we go Joe…”

The storm was long, rain like daggers hit the deck; cold and sharp seemingly clanging against mega damage armor. Wind whipped the sails to and fro like a ragged kite. The sky ship dipped and ducked unexpectedly for more than two hours. Leaning off the port side, the blonde haired juicer called Boz cried, “There! Three trucks and a glitterboy, 2 miles out!”

Captain Gaiter smiled nearly slipping and adjusted a wide brimmed hat on his head, “Arrr ey Jape, steady the main sail, and let er rip! Let’s run these bastards down, prepare yourselves! They’ll never see us coming!”

Folks began to get ready on the starboard side, crouching low against the deck railing with their weapons in hand. The rain kept pouring, clang, clang clang…. It was a waiting game as the Morose fought the storm to over take the trucks. Lucy Lyboc slung her arms around Big Joe as she was prone to do and kissed him on the cheek while whispering “We’ll find him, don’t worry sweetheart.”

The sword afixed in the middle of the deck began to glow softly and the Morose’s Captain raised an eye swearing under his breath, “Prosek’s balls, what is next?”
The Mind of Lucy Lyboc

1) She is on board the Morose because she was rescued by her hero Big Joe.
2) She is not sure where her loyalties lie. If you asked her a day ago. She would have said Coalition, but now she is not sure.
3) She is not sure. At question number three Ophelia realizes a secondary mind, abet dormant lies inside Lucy.
4) What vampire attack? After an internal struggle, Ophelia is treated to a CS doctor, a sterile laboratory. Lucy herself was looking at a mirror. She had electrodes, and tubes running in and out of her. She was hardly aware of the conversation going on.

A voice, stern with a hint of desperation, “How is Subject two? How is Lucy?”

The Doctor peered down at his clip board, “Subject two is showing promise, heightened awareness. She might even be able to intuitively sense the arcane.” The Doctor tapped a tube, “She should also be very, uh…. Charming.”

The stern voice returned, “Excellent, I was disappointed in subject one the mental conditioning was easily undone. Bradford, prepare Lucy, we are sending a team into Arkansa.”

The Doctor frowned slightly, “I still feel subject Grimes could be saved. But your Lucy will be ready.”
Below in the engine room
Every once in a while you think you hear a muffled roar. Maybe it was the wind.

Ok, please respond and RP.
-3 hours have passed, but most everyone was doing something.
Each character needs to make an agility roll at -4 or be distracted prep round (due to the horrible rain, wind, ship twisting and turning…)
DISTRACTED: The hero subtracts 2 from all Trait rolls until the end of his next turn.
You got one turn worth of actions and then we are going to combat. You will have the drop and be about 10” from the three trucks when it starts.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
ISP: 20/40
Agility 1d6!!-4: [16!!]-4 = 12
Wild Agility 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
She got her Airsea Legs!

Speed with a Quickness (ISP 2; Quickness +4; 5 Extra Targets +5; Hurry +1, x2 Range +1): 13 ISP Total
Psionics 1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild Psi 1d6!!: [13!!] = 13
Raise!

Final ISP: 7/40
Current Bennies: 3/3
Ophelia considers the results of her initial 'exam' of Lucy. After a moment's thought, she gives @Mercer a quick telepathic ping. There's definitely something going on with her, but it's not vampires, or thralldom. It's possibly worse, but I don't think it's urgent--we can wait until this business is over, I believe, before doing more intensive scrutiny. I will say that it's highly likely she's more of a victim than anything else, though. For now, let's just keep her from being too big a distraction to Joe.

To that end, as they approach and the storm picks up, Ophelia turns to the ersatz crew, and flicks on her radio for the benefit of those who can't hear her voice. "Alright, everyone, if you're not manning a post, you need to be below-decks. Especially in this weather, we can't afford to lose any time chasing someone who falls overboard. Juicers, you get to the rigging--I trust your enhanced reflexes will handle that just fine. Coalition troops and scientists, below-decks if you aren't already, and if you are, stay there. Soldiers, if there's any sort of counter-attack that makes it onto the ship, your job is to keep the civilians safe."

Without being overly obtrusive about it, she makes sure Lucy is one of the ones to go below-decks. Honestly, even if she weren't a potential hazard, she's got Damsel In Distress practically tattooed on her forehead. I don't want anyone forced to spend time retrieving her from peril again.

As they get closer to their goal and the storm worsens, she tosses up her illusory veil. It wasn't easy in the storm--though she's proving remarkably nimble moving about the deck even with the rocking and rolling motion--but in some ways the storm also helped. After all, it's not hard to pretend to be a cloud when you're surrounded by other clouds.

As the enemy comes into view, she gives her own team a string of instructions. "Nail the Glitterboy first; it could take down a ship twice this size with a lucky shot. After that, try to disable the trucks, or at least their weapons systems. Keep in mind there are prisoners on those trucks, so try to avoid just blasting them to pieces. On my mark... GO!!"

The actual team, as she thinks of things--the core six of them--suddenly feel a surge of adrenaline, and the world around them seems to move in slow motion.
Adrenal Surge Effect
Ophie, Mercer, Joe, Cass, Antipas and Luke all gain the following effects, for at least 10 Rounds:
Pace is doubled, and then add 2 more.
Run Die is doubled, and there is no penalty for running.
MAP is reduced by 2 points each turn (so effectively, everyone can take two actions every turn at no penalty).
Have fun storming the castle, kids!
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Antipas »

Big Joe wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:32 pm "Holly crap! I have a dad. Oh man, he will love meeting me. We just have to kill that demon first." Looking out over the edge in the direction Joe feels his father may be. "Don't worry man, we will come save you. I have killed lots of demons."
Normally he'd have a quip about being hatched or a failed CS experiment for Joe but with everything going on he just didn't have the energy. "You saw a demon? Huh, I saw my home and some strange woman was lying on the floor. I wonder what it, your father, and that woman have to do with all this."

Modifiers: scene -4, Acrobat +2. Net -2
Ld10!!-2
LLdd6!!-2


The tossing of the storm sends the ships decks heaving but the undead slayer moves around like the ship was in drydock. As they close and the mysterious blade begins to glow he stops his pacing and glares at it. Despite what his earlier moment of weakness might suggest he was skeptical at best but generally hostile towards strange artifacts. Sure they had helped solve problems but they also, just as often, caused them.
"What the fuck is your role in this?" he mutters. Then he walks away from it, takes off his cloak and stows both it and his pack where Clark stashed Treebert. "I swear we will find your rooting place little guy, wasn't expecting things to get this crazy once we got home."
Ophelia Monk wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am
As the enemy comes into view, she gives her own team a string of instructions. "Nail the Glitterboy first; it could take down a ship twice this size with a lucky shot. After that, try to disable the trucks, or at least their weapons systems. Keep in mind there are prisoners on those trucks, so try to avoid just blasting them to pieces. On my mark... GO!!"

The actual team, as she thinks of things--the core six of them--suddenly feel a surge of adrenaline, and the world around them seems to move in slow motion.
"The glitterboy does belong to a legion ally so if we can, shut it or the pilot down without breaking it. A glitterboy pilot would be helpful."
Action one: activate Flight tattoo.
Spirit d8!!: [5] = 5
Spirit wild d6!!: [3] = 3
Action two: activate Protection.
Spirit d8!!: [6] = 6
Spirit wild d6!!: [4] = 4
))

He reaches to tap a tattoo of a large winged heart between his shoulder blades and the tattoo seems to expand across his shoulder blades then the wings sprout from his back. As he gives them a stretch he also taps a tattoo of a statue of Atlas holding the world aloft and as it fades across the Atlanteans body his flesh takes on a marbled look. Gripping the looted vibrosword he launches himself at the convoy.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 26
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 13/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Quick, Tattoo Harmony,
Bennies: 2/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Action Stan, Antipas
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

"Doc, stay with the Captain."

"For those unfamiliar with our current nemesis. He goes by the name Death Dealer Parsons. He is a Mind Melter and has lost most of his humanity in the process."

"The last time the Legion ran across him, he was activating a bio-wizard device and may have even been associated with the Atlantean Incident and certainly has ties to the Sploogiies."

"This man has likely sold his loved ones into slavery and has who knows how many other dealings in and out of the Black Market. His love interest was a Techno Wizard, effectionatly named Lady Glittersparkles. She is, sadly, dead as she was consumed by the nano virus that Mister Genius Pants released."

"The 77th rendered the virus inert and killed Glittersparkles in the process. Her body for all we know maybe in one of those vault labs in Castle Refuge."

"Be looking for some trickery, likely a vehicle he can escape with the hostages in."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Luke finishes his info dump over the comms and looks up heading straight into @Cassiopeia.

Before he can get a word out in greeting, "Luke, that wasn't the story you told me in Shamlin."

Luke pauses, looks at his surroundings, then mentally comms Xander.

"Xander, did I just relay false information?"

"Luke, you gave information from Parallel Earth History Segment 25."

"Sploogies Balls!" Luke says out loud.

Looking to Cass and queing up Xander, "Catch me up to speed on this timeline. Time travel is such a pain."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Antipas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:36 pm
Big Joe wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:32 pm "Holly crap! I have a dad. Oh man, he will love meeting me. We just have to kill that demon first." Looking out over the edge in the direction Joe feels his father may be. "Don't worry man, we will come save you. I have killed lots of demons."
Normally he'd have a quip about being hatched or a failed CS experiment for Joe but with everything going on he just didn't have the energy. "You saw a demon? Huh, I saw my home and some strange woman was lying on the floor. I wonder what it, your father, and that woman have to do with all this."
"I would bet they were both heroes and they just need us to come rescue them. that demon may be a little tougher than most so they just need us to help them out a little."



Agility 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! scene penalty -4: [13!!]+[1] = 14


Joe listens as everything is happening. He was amazing as a pilot, but this thing was handling rough as hell. When Ophilia begins giving instructions and then passes a massive boost to him he was ready. Yelling over the storm he says. "Captain, we are going to need you to take the helm so I can save the team."

Boost Psionics to d12, and gains Level Headed
Prepare for the Fight Boost Trait Psionics 1d10!! or Wild 1d10!!: [3]+[4] = 7
Warrior's Gift Level Headed 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!!: [1]+[4] = 5
As he prepares for the battle Joe concentrates clearing his mind and focusing his will. "You better do what she says sweety, things are going to get rough." He says as he gives Lucy a squeeze. "This looks like a big fight and my friends are going to need saving."

Gains 10 PPE
Spend last two bennies to recover +10 PPE
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Agility 1d10
Wild (Agility) 1d6
Scene Modifier -4

Agility 1d10!!: [7] = 7
Wild (Agility) 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Elan ( 1 of 3 Bennies Remaining)
+2
Scene Modifier -2

Agility 1d10!! -2: [4] = 4
Wild (Agility) 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Before Luke can begin correcting his narrative of the dealing with DDP, the ship takes a nasty dip nosing severely downward and then pulls up tight. The engine compartmant was tight to begin with and Luke and @Cassiopeia are like to metal balls in the pre-Rifts pinball games found in arcades. Arms. Hands. Tail. Then Legs, all eight of them, reach out for purchase to stabilize Luke and Xander.

In other parts below deck, Xander can here bodies rolling around and looking around the engine compartment, finds Cass being supported by Sonya who had just finished the tune up on the engine.

Shouting over top of everything else is difficult but Luke calls out, "Status Check, Scientists."

"Any idea what that sound is?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Luke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Luke »

Luke moves through the hold, his curiosity peaked.

"I heard a roar, Xander."

"I think we heard the same thing, Luke."

"The ship is in good order."

"Let us investigate."
Glitter Boy Threat wrote: I believe that Parsons would have removed the pilot from the GB.

The GB requires those heel anchors in place to safely fire the Boom Gun.

Firing the Boom Gun while anchored to those flatbeds would likely cause some major issues. Landing the GB on it's back. Wrecking the flatbeds and the cabs pulling the flatbeds.
Notice 1d4+2 (hearing)
Wild 1d6+2

Notice 1d4!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Cassiopeia »

Luke wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:15 pm Luke finishes his info dump over the comms and looks up heading straight into Cassiopeia. Before he can get a word out in greeting, "Luke, that wasn't the story you told me in Shamlin."...
"Sploogies Balls!" Luke says out loud.[/b] Looking to Cass and queuing up Xander, "Catch me up to speed on this timeline. Time travel is such a pain."
”Oh glyké mou Loukáki. (My sweet little @@Luke You’re adorable." She gives him a fond smile and a pat on the cheek.

Just then the engine compartment heaves and Cass slides the hand on his cheek around behind his neck, gripping his power armor with her other hand, trusting Xander and the suit to brace them with all the legs to stabilize them both. It still feels like the ship is doing barrel rolls in the air, but Cass lands smoothly back on the floor when it levels out again. The others in the compartment are not so lucky.
Agility 11
Agility 1d10!!-4: [15!!]-4 = 11 Agility 1d10!!-4: [15!!]-4 = 11
wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Luke wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:46 am Shouting over top of everything else is difficult but Luke calls out, "Status Check, Scientists."

"Any idea what that sound is?"...
Luke moves through the hold, his curiosity peaked.
"I heard a roar, Xander."
The Atlantean is torn. She really wants to follow Luke down the corridor in search of the noise, but just then Ophelia is calling the team to the deck. She looks at Luke, already facing the hall, his ears practically perked. She grabs his hand and presses a kiss to it. ”Lois, the dino, was snorting and stomping at the bow of the ship and the captain didn’t want us to let her near there. I would assume that what we’re hearing down here is whatever creature he’s hauling and it smells disturbing to the dino. I honestly don’t think I want to know what a dinosaur finds disturbing. I’m going up to help Pas. Be safe, my love.”
Ophelia Monk wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am As the enemy comes into view, she gives her own team a string of instructions. "Nail the Glitterboy first; it could take down a ship twice this size with a lucky shot. After that, try to disable the trucks, or at least their weapons systems. Keep in mind there are prisoners on those trucks, so try to avoid just blasting them to pieces. On my mark... GO!!"
Antipas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:36 pm "The glitterboy does belong to a legion ally so if we can, shut it or the pilot down without breaking it. A glitterboy pilot would be helpful."
He reaches to tap a tattoo of a large winged heart between his shoulder blades and the tattoo seems to expand across his shoulder blades then the wings sprout from his back. As he gives them a stretch he also taps a tattoo of a statue of Atlas holding the world aloft and as it fades across the Atlanteans body his flesh takes on a marbled look. Gripping the looted vibrosword he launches himself at the convoy.
Rushing on deck, Cass sees her cousin, stripped to the waist with water streaming down his body. She’s seen him preparing himself to rush headlong into the battle a hundred times and knows there isn’t much time before he’s out of range. With one hand she strips the ammo clip out of her rifle and with the other runs her fingers around the edges of the flat, spider-like badge hooked onto the front of her armor. The center hexagon starts to glow and Cass plants her feet on the slanted, wet deck. With a final tap, tiny crackling bolts of energy spark out toward Antipas’s vibrosword, Joe’s Psi-blade, Mercer’s rifle and her own rifle’s ammo. Another moment, thank Hermes for Ophelia’s quickness, she slides her right hand over a segment of her belt and activates that power just before Antipas launches himself from the deck. Cass takes a deep breath as she swings her rifle around and snaps the clip back in. She moves confidently and gracefully across the treacherous decking to take up a sniper position at the railing near Mercer.

Smite and Warriors Gift Rolls
Smite, heavy weapon modifier, on 3 additional recipients (cost=7PP, 1 Benny)
Weird Science 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny to reroll, Elan +2
WS 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [7!!]+2 = 9 Raise! +4 damage

Warrior's Gift, Take 'Em Down, on 3 additional recipients (cost=7PP)
WG WS 1d8!!: [5] = 5
wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10 Raise! Improved Take 'Em Down
Bonuses for @Big Joe, @Antipas, @Mercer and @Cassiopeia
Smite with Heavy Weapon = Mega Damage +4 Damage
Take Em Down: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he adds +4 to the AP value of his weapons.
IMPROVED TAKE ‘EM DOWN: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he may reroll damage once without spending a Benny.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
User avatar
Mercer
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Location: Mercy Six

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Mercer »


Mercer nods at Ophelia.

“Not the first Glitter Boy I’ve helped slag.”

The old man starts making ready with his rifle.


OOC Comments
Short post, sorry.

Bonuses on Mercer:

Ophie, Mercer, Joe, Cass, Antipas and Luke all gain the following effects, for at least 10 Rounds:
Pace is doubled, and then add 2 more.
Run Die is doubled, and there is no penalty for running.
MAP is reduced by 2 points each turn (so effectively, everyone can take two actions every turn at no penalty).
Have fun storming the castle, kids!

Bonuses for @Big Joe, @Antipas, @Mercer and @Cassiopeia
Smite with Heavy Weapon = Mega Damage +4 Damage
Take Em Down: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he adds +4 to the AP value of his weapons.
IMPROVED TAKE ‘EM DOWN: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he may reroll damage once without spending a Benny.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Big Joe
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Big Joe »

Joe feels the power come over him from @Ophelia Monk. Knowing her efforts would save him time and energy he hoots. "Hot damn, thanks Boss, that is the right stuff there."
Clark
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 am

Re: Nova: Part 1

Post by Clark »

Agility 1d8!!-4 1d6!!-4: [5]-4+[5]-4 = 2

Clark is busy looking at the sapling when the ship jolts, sending him for a precarious series of movements that make it look as if he's about to fall over the edge of the ship, until he finally rights himself, distracted by all of the movement. He pulls out his spirit bow, and draws, ready to fire.
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”