Out of Character Communications

They're silent but deadly...
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Out of Character Communications

Post by Maximilian »

Got you covered, Kess. Just trying not to mess with Bane's mojo.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Bane

Post by Bane »

Maximilian wrote:Got you covered, Kess. Just trying not to mess with Bane's mojo.
Thanks Max.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Am I correct that the Bridge Group's goal is to get the villagers to stand back in order to let the CS patrol haul the 'dead' down to the river, or otherwise let them do what they need to do?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I would also throw out there that at the end of the 3 rounds of the social conflict unless something prevents or reverses the woman changing will become a wild vampire.

Libertas does bring up a good question of the goals. Hopefully I interpreted the first rounds goals of not getting shot at, and preventing the CS from shooting the villiagers correctly.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Yes, and also prevent any more wild vampires to raise.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Oh...should I have had Jude do something else, then? :/ Don't want to screw up the social conflict.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Not sure how Jude could screw up a social conflict with a plus 8 to his persuasion rolls.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

About leveling...
With his new 5 Experience Points can Markus get the Combat Ace Professional Edge?
With it can he Drive his Hover-cycle and Fire his weapon without penalties to both rolls the same round?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

You would need seasoned and ace. If you meet both those requirements you can take the edge.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Got them!
I will add it then.
Thanks

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Markus Berger wrote:About leveling...
With his new 5 Experience Points can Markus get the Combat Ace Professional Edge?
With it can he Drive his Hover-cycle and Fire his weapon without penalties to both rolls the same round?
Note that if you are not doing anything fancy, you don't need to roll Drive, and therefore can fire without a MAP. However, if you were doing something like the Vamp-slam maneuver from earlier in the fight, yeah, Combat Ace is the way to remain on-target.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Well I think I finally settled on what to pick for my advance. I'm really going to have to sit down and make a bit of a plan at some point because I'll have to make a few very specific advances to unlock the full power list for the Burster
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Not sure how Jude could screw up a social conflict with a plus 8 to his persuasion rolls.
LOL Too much?
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I like it
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Looks like we are just waiting on max. Unless I am mistaken again.
-I was thinking of having bennies refresh after the social combat. Normally they refresh on April 1st, but I wanted to give folks the opertunity to spend any unused bennies. Any objections?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Can't remember on bennies: Do you pick which roll you use for the total?

Like, say I rolled a success, but wanted to roll for a raise, but I rolled a fail instead. Could I still use the first Success roll as my total?

I tend to be very stingy with my bennies, I know. I hope to pick up Very Lucky and then the Edge that allows sharing eventually. Can't recall off the top of my head what that is.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

You use the highest total. So if you get a success on your initial roll but fail on your Bennie re roll you still keep your initial success.

-common bond is the edge you are thinking of.
-I am all for taking background edges as advances, I beleive the deluxe explorers edition of savage worlds supports this. All I ask is include a bit of narrative on how you achieved it. To me background edges are edges folks are born with, but with the right circumstances or training those it born with them can acquire them. Maybe for greater luck you dowsed yourself under a waterfall dedicated to the goddesses of luck. Or maybe you got Libertas to craft a wacky device that unlocked some latent psionic potential allowing you to catch brief glimpses of 2 seconds into the future.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

If you are close to a raise, Extra Effort is usually a better use of a Benny than rerolling - it adds a d6 to your result, so you are guaranteed at least a +1.
Mathematically speaking the only time it's better to reroll is if you got a very low roll initially, or sometimes for damage if it would mean re-rolling a large number of dice (greater chances of getting an Ace).

I like the idea of having the bennies refresh at the end of the social conflict. Not in the least because I will probably be using two Bennies in round 3... but it also makes more sense in the narrative Same thing with XP, really. You don't get stronger in the middle of a lifting routine, you get stronger as your body recovers from it.

I also agree on background edges as advances, given sufficient explanation (which yes, is the stance in the Deluxe edition). I mean, this is a world of tech and magic - some fairy or other magical entity could take a liking to Jude (fey-kissed in a literal sense, perhaps) to explain him getting Luck. Requiring an interlude being written would tie the mechanics to the narrative - not a bad idea for all advances, in my opinion.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

No problem waiting for the bennie refresh on my part.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Waiting an extra week or so for the Bennies to refresh shouldn't be a problem for me either.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Fine with me.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Looks like we are just waiting on max. Unless I am mistaken again.
-I was thinking of having bennies refresh after the social combat. Normally they refresh on April 1st, but I wanted to give folks the opertunity to spend any unused bennies. Any objections?
I had intended just to stay quiet and let Bane's masterful efforts handle the situation. But since we're burning bennies, I decided to follow Kesslan's lead and throw down an (unskilled) intimidation attempt. Extra effort with elan got me a success and 2 raises. Sorry if I held things up.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Bane

Post by Bane »

Maximilian wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Looks like we are just waiting on max. Unless I am mistaken again.
I had intended just to stay quiet and let Bane's masterful efforts handle the situation. But since we're burning bennies, I decided to follow Kesslan's lead and throw down an (unskilled) intimidation attempt. Extra effort with elan got me a success and 2 raises. Sorry if I held things up.
Well thanks for being a good boy and backing me and Kesslan up, and Kesslan, thank you for giving the two grunts a reason to stay FAR ahead of us!
OOC Comments
Bane

Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

*mumble mumble growl grrrs*
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Well, at least I made the most important of the rolls. Drowning in a river isn't the most epic way to go, but at least I'm succeeding at saving Baby Krave...

On the upside(?), you'll get to react to learning that Lucretia is not in fact human... if she's not just swept away completely.

Hmm now that I think about it, this looks an awful lot like a good setup to follow through on Soldad's command... or kidnapping a magic baby for her Spluggorth masters. :shock:
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Looking at the rules for drowning, i think you will just take a level of fatigue and get swept down the river 6 or so inches. But it was damn heroic.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Yeah, I didn't give Lucretia the Heroic hindrance but I probably should have. She was originally going to be a darker character, but I should just give up on trying to do that, i never manage to keep it up.

The only question is whether Lucretia can be fished out before she has to try again, or before she goes over the falls.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Am I wrong in thinking Bane, Max and I are also down river(ish) while dealing with this sudden attack on the CS soldiers?
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Plot appropriate short range.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pender, what's the likelihood that Max would have taken some part of his survival pack with him on this walk? Perhaps some rope/cord out of the climbing kit?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Is there some reason he wouldn't have taken the whole kit?

The only reason that Lucretia doesn't have her stuff is that she was prepping to be locked up - which she has completely forgotten about by now.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Probably too heavy, the thing is 30lbs.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Okay. I didn't figure the whole pack would go, but parts of it can be useful without taking the whole thing. Wooden cross, knife, firestarter, rope, etc. I'll make sure to specify in the future what I'll lug with me and what I'll leave in the bot.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:You use the highest total. So if you get a success on your initial roll but fail on your Bennie re roll you still keep your initial success.

-common bond is the edge you are thinking of.
-I am all for taking background edges as advances, I beleive the deluxe explorers edition of savage worlds supports this. All I ask is include a bit of narrative on how you achieved it. To me background edges are edges folks are born with, but with the right circumstances or training those it born with them can acquire them. Maybe for greater luck you dowsed yourself under a waterfall dedicated to the goddesses of luck. Or maybe you got Libertas to craft a wacky device that unlocked some latent psionic potential allowing you to catch brief glimpses of 2 seconds into the future.
Well, I already had Lucky at character creation. I just figured he was always "very lucky", it just didn't come out all the time. I mean, he wasn't usually under this much "stress".
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Makes sense Jude, makes sense.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Two questions.

1) Bennie refresh question - we had those 2 team bennies, which were not used. Are those lost in the refresh like any other leftover bennies? I would think they would, but don't want to make any assumptions.

2) About the social conflict wrap-up. Is the plan that the CS will go deal with the Vamps alone, or are they just tracking them while we deal with the Town, and will join them later for an assault? I know we have another mission, but Lucretia has an axe (or rather a psi-blade) to grind, and I think we're probably better equipped to take on vamps (especially if Libertas can whip up a Greater Smite gadget to make Nadine and a few personal arms effective). Ooh! Or we just rig up Nadine and/or the Mountaineer with a water tanks and fire-hoses...
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lucretia wrote:Two questions.

1) Bennie refresh question - we had those 2 team bennies, which were not used. Are those lost in the refresh like any other leftover bennies? I would think they would, but don't want to make any assumptions.

2) About the social conflict wrap-up. Is the plan that the CS will go deal with the Vamps alone, or are they just tracking them while we deal with the Town, and will join them later for an assault? I know we have another mission, but Lucretia has an axe (or rather a psi-blade) to grind, and I think we're probably better equipped to take on vamps (especially if Libertas can whip up a Greater Smite gadget to make Nadine and a few personal arms effective). Ooh! Or we just rig up Nadine and/or the Mountaineer with a water tanks and fire-hoses...
Re: 2:

Yeah, I think Libertas is down with destroying these things, though checking with the townsfolk and maybe pointing out to the Mayor that those 'special babies' will not be welcome if the town allies with the CS wouldn't be a horrible idea. (It would also give us a bit of re-charge time, as well; I know Libertas is just about out of juice.)

Specifically regarding Lib's kit-bashing, I'm thinking these would be the most useful (note that each would come with 10 PPE, and when that's gone, the device is done):

Smite for one of Nadine's weapon-systems (it would need to be cast by someone with an AB in a position to touch the weapon, though, so probably Bane, especially if we're also taking the truck).

Light with a Sunlight Trapping. Creates a nice zone of anti-vamp destruction. I'm thinking that would be best for Lucretia--she's the one most likely to get up-close-and-personal, and she can activate it with Psionics. (Though we may end up wanting to give one to Bane, too--I've got a pertinent rules question up on the OA Forum at PEG. We might end up being able to give the town a bit of a protective zone where they can huddle if the vamps double-back on us.)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

If there's any way to magic-up one or more of Cantrell or Markus's weapons -- holy plasma gun? sunlight-trapping rockets? -- that would be a big help. As is, I don't think either of us has anything that can wound vamps other than our wooden crosses.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas could make Devices capable of dropping a Solar Smite on weapons; thing is, either he or Bane would need to be standing next to Markus and Cantrell to power them up when the time comes (Duration is only 3 rounds, unless the power is maintained).

This gets into tactics; how many people do we want to hang back, as opposed to rushing headlong into the fray?

Oooh, one thing that would help--if we could see if anyone in town has a crossbow-type weapon we can give to our shooters. Called shot to the heart can drop a Wild Vamp, at least long enough for a solar lamp to finish the job.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kess has smite with a firery runes trapping. Would that help? Duration is only 3 rounds but affects an entire magazine of ammo or up to 20 bolts/rounds/arrows and only costs him 3 ISP. Most of his abilities either don't use ISP or aren't very ISP intensive so he could easily spare the 6 isp
I bring the fire
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Kesslan wrote:Kess has smite with a firery runes trapping. Would that help? Duration is only 3 rounds but affects an entire magazine of ammo or up to 20 bolts/rounds/arrows and only costs him 3 ISP. Most of his abilities either don't use ISP or aren't very ISP intensive so he could easily spare the 6 isp
It makes the weapons magical, so they inflict wounds and can Incapacitate the Vampire; however, since 'fire' isn't one of the vulnerabilities of the vampires, they heal quickly. (Basically, for the Extras, they just roll Vigor every round; if they succeed, they get up again.) Still, it's a useful stalling tactic if someone is getting overwhelmed.

Taking down a vampire permanently requires staking, sunlight, water or holy trappings. Holy, specifically, is pretty much the provenance of AB: Miracles, but water and sunlight are both viable for Libertas.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

If anyone has the mega power "Greater Smite" I believe that lets you choose whatever trapping you want (sunlight, water, holy,etc.)

I'm on mobile so that will have to be confirmed.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Venatus Vinco wrote:Hello,

If anyone has the mega power "Greater Smite" I believe that lets you choose whatever trapping you want (sunlight, water, holy,etc.)

I'm on mobile so that will have to be confirmed.

VV
Ah, yes--I forgot. If Bursters are Master Psionics with Mega-Powers, then Kesslan's Mega-Smite version can go there.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

In Markus case he will use his Scrounger Edge to get a Super Soaker.
Water time!

Dear DM: Can he get 2, one more for Cantrell?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

I too can use Scrounger
OOC Comments
Bane

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

The crossbow is a good idea, too. Should be even easier to find than a water gun (although I wouldn't say no to that, either.)
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Super-soakers? Those piddly little things? We have a river, I'm sure we could find and/or fabricate a water tank, and have mobile water-tower (Nadine). Hoses for aiming would probably be best (and could be gravity fed, eliminating the need for pumps), but if we can't get those, a few bullet holes and Max taking Nadine for a dance could make it rain in a more or less literal sense. I think that ought to be a bit better than a couple of squirt-guns. :lol:

Also, we don't all need to be able to kill the vamps, we can work in teams - those that can't outright destroy the vamps knock them down, and those that can finish them off before they can get up again. For that matter, so long as we control our battle lines so no one gets overwhelmed, you can take them out with bullets then stake them with a cross (or I'm sure we can scrounge up enough wood to make a decent supply of stakes). It's not as good as everyone being able to destroy them in the first place, but we can make it work.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about another bout of mind control (we got lucky last time) and whatever it was that Soldad said would like to have Lucretia as a playmate (or something along those lines). :|
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I'd love to hook Nadine up like a pump truck. Quick fabrication for a water tank carried in one hand, hose and a pump for pressure. This is brilliant.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Only issue is if Soldad tries mind control on Max while piloting Nadine. That could go...colossally wrong. Then again, I've got bennies.
Nadine can pin vamps and let someone else stake them.
Lots of good options.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Note--everyone should have one cross that can be sharpened at the base into a stake (they even give you a hatchet in the NG-S2). And yeah, stakes should be fairly plentiful; it's not like we're in the desert. I still think crossbows would be handy for the shooters--they've got almost the range of a laser pistol, and a good shot can drop a Vamp in one hit.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

A called shot to the heart with a wooden stake/crossbow bolt will either drop them or deal damage to them that (if I am reading this right) bypasses their toughness).
OOC Comments
Bane

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Libertas, you've made us rich.

Step 1: Cast Eternal Light with the Sunlight trapping.
Step 2: Install Solar Panels
Step 3: Profit

:lol:
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Hah! Pretty close, yes.

So, our options on that front:

Libertas can make a Solar Flare (Light w/ Sunlight Trapping). If used by himself or Lucretia, it would have up to five charges, creating an LBT with sunlight that lasts for 30 minutes. Alternately, Bane or Kesslan (as Masters of their respective arts with access to Mega-Powers) could supercharge it over a period of 10 minutes to cast Eternal Sunshine on a single object; this would burn out the Device, and could be dispelled, but would have the advantage of being otherwise permanent.

He'll happily let the Sergeant pick which option is best for this situation.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

I'm up for whatever. Crossbow, follow-up staking, or stay back with the village, if needed.

Note that Jude was sending the CS troops south (hoping to keep them away from Bane and the dogboys), which is opposite the way the master vamp went. If we want their help, we'll need to 'fess up to lying, or spin a good tale as to why he's in the opposite direction.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-Super soakers, beyond the one given by scrounger would need a streetwise roll.
-Stakes and cross bows the general store has them.
- Hooking up Nadine with a water cannon, does anyone have the mcyver edge( Would give Nadine an additional weapon, med burst 3d10 water damage, 15 shots, 15/30/60, just need a repair roll and time use TW vehicle conversion time)? If not probably would use the TW build rolls for vehicles at an additional -2 to replace one of Nadine's weapons with a water trapping, 1/4 range, 1/2 ammo, just for the scene. So that might take some time use vehicle conversion time. Don't ask me what happens on a crit fail.
-Greater smite is a good way to go.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

We can easily point the CS in the right direction. It's a master vampire with powers of teleportation. Advising of a sudden change in location is no far stretch.
Bane and Kesslan, I vote 2 plasma and 1 HE grenade. Thoughts?
I imagine Bane and crew should head back to the town to regroup, get Max back in the driver's seat, and prep for a harder search for Soldad, yeah? I wonder if we can scrounge up enough parts to get the boom gun working again.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Bane

Post by Bane »

As for the grenades, that sounds good.

As for heading back to town, I say we hang back for a bout 15 minutes to let the grunts re-group and move out of town before we get back. (This also allows me to recover an extra point of PPE).
OOC Comments
Bane

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Heh. I say we let Jude sell the ring, after Bane has had a chance to have a look at it, of course.

For the record, Lucretia is using her Folk Hero adventure card. It's kind of a perfect fit for the situation.

So if I am calculating right I should have 6 bennies: 3 base from the refresh, 1 from the Interlude reward, 1 for RP, and 1 awarded by Pender for playing up hindrances/character problems. That ought to do for a while.

Pender, I don't think I ever got an answer about whether or not the team bennies we had were lost in the refresh? I presume they were like any other unspent bennies, but to be a good steward of team resources I feel I should ask. ;)

EDIT: a reminder to the team - Lucretia still isn't on comms, so someone else might want to respond to or at least pass on Max's message? (I promise she'll be back in her armor shortly - I hadn't realized how much of a hassle it would be for the team).
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

- Team bennies when you say refreshed do you mean to 0, or some other number?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:-Super soakers, beyond the one given by scrounger would need a streetwise roll.
Streetwise Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die Roll: [dice]1[/dice]
Pender Lumkiss wrote:-Stakes and cross bows the general store has them.
How much for a Crossbow and some 20 bolts?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:- Team bennies when you say refreshed do you mean to 0, or some other number?
I meant to 0, sorry for not being clear.

In terms of what's next, I agree that we need to regroup, recover, and prepare. It's late night/early morning, right?
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Team bennies are at 0 then

Lucretia give me 2 persuasion rolls.
- one for the villiagers at +4( they are not anti dbee so you cyber knight and attractive edges help)
- CS at -2, they care that you are a Dbee, but you just saved a baby and are a cyber knight so it helps some.
Success the Major stops and listens, with a possibility of gaining he and his men as allied extras, failure they walk away going the wrong direction in search of the master vamp.

- Markus do not worry about the prices for crossbow and quarrels you got them. Maybe once at town put in a bit of narration.

-time about midnight.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

FYI
Freemage wrote: Is the Notice roll for spotting magic an active ability or a passive one? Ie, should the player declare that they are explicitly using their Psi-Sense, or is it like a Notice roll to spot an ambush, called for by the GM?

Per the description, "Dog Boys have the inherent ability to detect arcana," and since it does not say it is usable as a free action, it works like the power normally, requiring an action to activate initially.

However, since the ability is innate, it doesn't require PPs to use, so a Dog Boy could activate it upon waking then keep the ability active for the rest of the day.

http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 13#p461632
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Ok, so as to the adventure card thing. I don't recall ever actually rolling for one, or if I did I totally don't recall what it is and obviously never noted it anywhere. (My medication doesn't help with the remembering stuff either).

So I'll just roll for the standard adventure card. [dice]0[/dice]

While I do have more than one adventure card at Novice 3 are all from the EP Sponsorship rewards so I would imagine they don't count towards my card limit?
I bring the fire
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Oh well derp, it was in the stickied adventure deck thread. Oh well already rolled. New card is Deadly Blow.
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan wrote:Ok, so as to the adventure card thing. I don't recall ever actually rolling for one, or if I did I totally don't recall what it is and obviously never noted it anywhere. (My medication doesn't help with the remembering stuff either).

So I'll just roll for the standard adventure card. [dice]6678:0[/dice]

While I do have more than one adventure card at Novice 3 are all from the EP Sponsorship rewards so I would imagine they don't count towards my card limit?
Yeah those are separate, and do not count to hand or the 1 play per quarter.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Team bennies are at 0 then
Yeah, that's what I figured. They made for a nice emergency stash while they lasted.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Lucretia give me 2 persuasion rolls.
- one for the villiagers at +4( they are not anti dbee so you cyber knight and attractive edges help)
- CS at -2, they care that you are a Dbee, but you just saved a baby and are a cyber knight so it helps some.
Success the Major stops and listens, with a possibility of gaining he and his men as allied extras, failure they walk away going the wrong direction in search of the master vamp.
Edited the rolls into my post.
The short summary? Everyone loves(or at least doesn't want to immediately kill) Lucretia!
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sweet, you can keep narrating as the major will listen to what you have to say. Depending what you say he may go aLong with it. I will put the result in the next post. But if you are looking to join forces he is probably up for it. Might be handy to have some allied extras just watch your back against that cyborg.

- Sounds like you guys are up for going into town and resting is that correct,( you need to charge the vehicle anyways).?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

I for one feel that some cannon fodd-
ahem.
I for one feel that some allied extras would come in handy.

On the other hand, they could be a real problem for some of us... ok, most of us.

Thoughts on the CS?

Also, yeah, I'm for resting/restocking/recharging. Going into a big fight with us low on power points is probably not a great idea.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Well, given that we know that Soldad can 'turn' fallen victims quickly... I'm thinking team-up is the better way to go. Otherwise, we stand a good chance of having at least some of the grunts, and the Major, of course, being Wild Vampires by the time we get there. So long as they're willing to honor a truce/alliance agreement for the greater good, I'm down with it. (Libertas' in-character reasoning is more nuanced, but ends up at about the same place.)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

More targets means more for the enemy to handle. Plus, that borg has a silver chainsword. Someone may need that before we're done. I'm not worried about the rest of the CS. Make sure they're nice and grouped up for a couple missile blasts and we're home free.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-Lucretia you got the Major and his men to stop, they are waiting to see what exactly you say.

-Bane, Max, Kesslan you are really close the group, just on the otherside of the river. You probably notice Jude trying to figure out how to get into Nadine.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:-Lucretia you got the Major and his men to stop, they are waiting to see what exactly you say.
Post up. Just wanted to get some OOC feedback because while Lucretia may be IC in charge, I am not OOC in charge... I didn't want to take the game in a direction that the rest of the players didn't want.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus is OK with working with the CS.
OOC Comments
I bet you figure that out already.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Markus Berger wrote:Markus is OK with working with the CS.
OOC Comments
I bet you figure that out already.
Hell, Libertas is more worried that Markus is just going to defect and enlist before this is all over.... :lol: Though as noted, he'd have to keep his own backstory a bit occluded, since the CS actually regards Rift-travelers who started and finished on Rifts Earth as still being 'D-Bees'.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Looks like Silver Bluff is quite the happening town....
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Lucretia wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:-Lucretia you got the Major and his men to stop, they are waiting to see what exactly you say.
Post up. Just wanted to get some OOC feedback because while Lucretia may be IC in charge, I am not OOC in charge... I didn't want to take the game in a direction that the rest of the players didn't want.
Nah, sounds like a plan. Cantrell isn't thrilled to have CS around, but agrees with your reasoning and likes the opportunity to compare notes and plan.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Lucretia wrote:Post up. Just wanted to get some OOC feedback because while Lucretia may be IC in charge, I am not OOC in charge... I didn't want to take the game in a direction that the rest of the players didn't want.
Trust me, if my character doesn't like something he's bold enough to simply say so.

Libertas Magicum wrote:CS actually regards Rift-travelers who started and finished on Rifts Earth as still being 'D-Bees'.
I'm pretty sure that isn't quite entirely true. I mean they have scientists who have some of the powers of a leyline walker and focus on studying Rifts from a technical standpoint, not to mention a pre-rifts device actually capable of opening a Rift in the lower levels of the Lone Star complex. Now, if they see you stepping out of a Rift they are likely to just shoot you though they might not so long as you can prove you're human. If they hear about it they are likely to also investigate but generally speaking, as long as you come back as fully human and aren't a known associate of D-Bees, Magic users, rogue scholars (ones like Erin Tarn) or the like then you're good to go.
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Savant wrote:Looks like Silver Bluff is quite the happening town....
Yeah I have a variety of different locations. I asked VV if there was a way to have sub forum within a forum, no such luck. I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to post at the river, then tomorrow I'll get you guys into the town. Starting at the inn.

On another topic, there are 4-6 locations for players to be at, I really don't care if players visit each location and interact with it, but I was thinking players could only exist in one location ( the last one they posted in). The only exception being the round table discussion which would be a place to plan and hash out what to do next in character, players and player invited NPCs would always exist there. Does that make sense or am I over complicating things?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Savant wrote:Looks like Silver Bluff is quite the happening town....
Yeah I have a variety of different locations. I asked VV if there was a way to have sub forum within a forum, no such luck. I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to post at the river, then tomorrow I'll get you guys into the town. Starting at the inn.

On another topic, there are 4-6 locations for players to be at, I really don't care if players visit each location and interact with it, but I was thinking players could only exist in one location ( the last one they posted in). The only exception being the round table discussion which would be a place to plan and hash out what to do next in character, players and player invited NPCs would always exist there. Does that make sense or am I over complicating things?
So we can go to multiple locations before we leave, but we have to be 'finished' at one before moving on to another? Actually, that makes sense to me. Keeps it fairly orderly for 'doing things about town', and probably makes life a bit easier for you. I also like the idea of an open room where we handle general discussions.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I like that idea. I'm assuming it will help you keep things straight if we announce in one area that we're departing and heading to another?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude is totally playing his Renown card.

Permanent +1 Charisma bonus! Woot!
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:I like that idea. I'm assuming it will help you keep things straight if we announce in one area that we're departing and heading to another?
Yeah you got it!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I think Markus still has to roll an Adventure Card, right?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

He is seasoned so gets two rolls. I think he only made one. Still can only play one per quarter, but has a larger hand.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Jude Maverick wrote:Permanent +1 Charisma bonus! Woot!
[documentary style voice over - sounds like Morgan Freeman]"What the crew of the 13th didn't know then is that Jude Maverick would go on to talk his way into ruling both the Federation of Magic - despite having no magic of his own - and the Coalition States. Thus began the era known as the "second golden age", though in truth it was nothing of the sort."[/documentary style voice over]
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

All Jude needs is to take Arcane Background [Miracles], have Libertas work up a TW clerical collar (+2 Persuasion rolls, +2 die-types to Persuasion; 30K Credits + Libertas' mark-up) and we'll have a classic tent-revivalist preacher who swoops into town, preaches the Good Word, and then heads out, leaving behind a localized baby-boom 9 months later.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

that would be sweet!
-Lucretia I saw that crit failure on the notice roll. The return of the maelstrom-maker!! Just kidding, you just don't see the borg enter into the mountaineer... I joke I joke.

Well it looks like VV got us our own silver bluff forum, I am hoping I can open up the inn, later today or tomorrow for you guys to role play in and a place for you guys to sleep. After that I'll open the whole town up.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Pender Lumkiss wrote:that would be sweet!
-Lucretia I saw that crit failure on the notice roll. The return of the maelstrom-maker!! Just kidding, you just don't see the borg enter into the mountaineer... I joke I joke.

Well it looks like VV got us our own silver bluff forum, I am hoping I can open up the inn, later today or tomorrow for you guys to role play in and a place for you guys to sleep. After that I'll open the whole town up.
Hm.... I can't seem to get the dice tags to work properly in the SB sub-forums.

Test: [dice]0[/dice]

Okay, yeah, they work fine here. Should we wait for VV to attempt a fix, or should we post dice rolls in Silver Bluff in a separate thread in the forum? It makes it tricky to keep track, so folks will have to link back and forth, unfortunately.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Libertas Magicum wrote:All Jude needs is to take Arcane Background [Miracles], have Libertas work up a TW clerical collar (+2 Persuasion rolls, +2 die-types to Persuasion; 30K Credits + Libertas' mark-up) and we'll have a classic tent-revivalist preacher who swoops into town, preaches the Good Word, and then heads out, leaving behind a localized baby-boom 9 months later.
Repopulating the world one town at a time!
OOC Comments
Bane

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:He is seasoned so gets two rolls. I think he only made one. Still can only play one per quarter, but has a larger hand.
Oh, only one per quarter? Bummer! Guess I have a card I don't need, then.

We are allowed to trade, so if anyone wants my other one, feel free.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Lucretia wrote:
Jude Maverick wrote:Permanent +1 Charisma bonus! Woot!
[documentary style voice over - sounds like Morgan Freeman]"What the crew of the 13th didn't know then is that Jude Maverick would go on to talk his way into ruling both the Federation of Magic - despite having no magic of his own - and the Coalition States. Thus began the era known as the "second golden age", though in truth it was nothing of the sort."[/documentary style voice over]
I believe that was going to be the next campaign released by PEG. ;)
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Libertas Magicum wrote:All Jude needs is to take Arcane Background [Miracles], have Libertas work up a TW clerical collar (+2 Persuasion rolls, +2 die-types to Persuasion; 30K Credits + Libertas' mark-up) and we'll have a classic tent-revivalist preacher who swoops into town, preaches the Good Word, and then heads out, leaving behind a localized baby-boom 9 months later.
Oooo...not to mention some creds in his pocket! :)
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Bane wrote:
Repopulating the world one town at a time!
Well, they do say demographics is destiny! Just happy to do my part!
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Libertas Magicum wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:that would be sweet!

Hm.... I can't seem to get the dice tags to work properly in the SB sub-forums.

Test: [dice]7053:0[/dice]

Okay, yeah, they work fine here. Should we wait for VV to attempt a fix, or should we post dice rolls in Silver Bluff in a separate thread in the forum? It makes it tricky to keep track, so folks will have to link back and forth, unfortunately.
So sorry about the dice tag not working. I messeged VV so hopefully that will get fixed shortly. I would like it posted within the SB forum itself.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Dice all fixed. If you already posted, just edit your post, delete the old dice tag and put in a new one(or make the lower case d a capital D) and it should work.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Jude Maverick wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:He is seasoned so gets two rolls. I think he only made one. Still can only play one per quarter, but has a larger hand.
Oh, only one per quarter? Bummer! Guess I have a card I don't need, then.
We are allowed to trade, so if anyone wants my other one, feel free.
Jude, Markus got the same Hidden Stash card too. Maybe you can reroll?
What do you say dear DM?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hey Markus, good question, I am doing the rolls 1st come 1st served, so you can go ahead and reroll, till you get something that either has not been played or is not held.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Awww
Ok

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Hey Pender, I just realized that you never let us know just how many days or miles we traveled from Castle Refuge.
OOC Comments
Bane

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 13th SET - The Quiet Ones”