No votes

Total votes: 5

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Quarter 3 2018 GM Poll and feedback

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM Poll 3rd Quarter 2018
please vote sometime in the last part of September or early october. Starting now is okay.

Pender, Game Master (GM)

How to “rate” the GM, their Duties:
• Post Rate
• Notify Players via Hangouts of new posts.
• Be available to Players

☞ Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.
☞ Have the IM contact info of each player in their group.
☞ Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.
☞ Be available for IM chat at least one day a week.

Note: The above is used to “rate” the GM. I hope that I succeeded you all in the mission of being your GM. Additionally, I hope that I presented a fun game. I look forward to more story with the vampire kingdoms. Please, when you vote, post a response saying you voted. If you are up to it, I’m open to feedback BOTH on how I did as GM, and ALSO any feedback you have on the story. Especially if you have something in your backstory that you would find interesting to explore, please just call it out to me. With characters so complex and wild it is sometimes a challenge to get every characters backstory touched upon. Thank you. - Pender

GM Rating Reward Table
Earn 5 EP
Earn 4 EP
Earn 3 EP
Earn 2 EP
Earn 1 EP
Fired 0 EP
Attachments
What could have been Frank Wolve
What could have been Frank Wolve
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Quarter 3 2018 GM Poll and feedback

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I voted a 2... Lost the fun, the plot, and overly confrontational.

Deepest oppologies.

-Pender.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Voted. Good job.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Voted. Having an epic time, and I have really enjoyed (and been surprised) some of the twists and turns and character development. There may have been some stumbles in terms of anticipating/communicating different expectations, but it's still been terrific fun and it's obvious you put a lot of effort into running an enjoyable game, while catering to some very powerful and particular heroes. Don't beat yourself up -- as players, we have high expectations of you because you rock as a GM on a weekly basis. I know I'll be more thoughtful in my communication and criticism, so I communicate preferences without sounding like I'm trashing things.

Thanks again for putting so much into running the game, Jon.

Also: Definitely looking forward to exploring more of Cantrell's previously buried memories, and to finally getting to Dweomer.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Voted. Short of you delivering a passel of small-nosed sorority girls to my door to provide footrubs while I post, Jon, I don't see how this game could get any better for my tastes. Also, that Pender guy who voted a 2 clearly has no taste and should not be trusted on these matters.

(Seriously, tho', see if you can get on that sorority girl thing, wouldja?)
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

While I've backed out of the game, I still had posts in this quarter, so I'm dropping my opinion.
The game is epic. You put major effort into making a very cool story, and it shows. Helpful suggestions I've received in my own GMing onsite included, basically, "Pull something from everyone's back stories into what you're doing. Pender is a master of that, and that's what makes his games so fun." And I intend to take that advice to heart.
If I have a complaint, it's that my character doesn't fit the game. I'm pretty sure I told you this by hangout. My unmodified, non-AB dog boy is walking around in a Titan RA with a couple other guys who are just bags of meat. It's gotta be nigh-impossible to balance an encounter for a couple squishies and one guy in a tank. I'm sure you tried your best, but the character of Max wouldn't take on cyber, and with no AB and no opportunities to boost trait with his tattoo, he's pretty limited in most of the dramatic tasks and quick combats that get run. This isn't a failing of the GM. This is honestly the original GM not putting the kibosh on some turkey bringing in a Titan to a covert ops group.
I have all sorts of great memories of this game. Demolishing an enforcer with one shot, drumming for Drei Marbles Left, Bizarro Max (and Bizarro Alex on the flipside) for a time, watching Cantrell smash a prisoner's head with an engine block, Libertas' amazing pottymouth, the deadpool that is Jude's ex-girlfriend list, and Jitters' unequaled run-on sentences.
All orchestrated by Pender Lumkiss.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

That engine block was one of the best crit fails I had ever seen. Safe travels max, I hope you find Nadine!

Thanks for the compliment. One of the things I do while brushing my teeth is repeat the words the story is about the heroes... The story is about the heroes. The story is about the heroes. I’ve played in games where the story is about the story and it would progress in roughly the same way regardless of who was there( silver bluff felt a bit like that). Not really my favorite kind of rp experience. Your initial and everyones initial feedback told me to make the story about the heroes. It really is Your story. So in a way you made me!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 13th SET - The Quiet Ones”