4.0

Post Reply
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: I play: Niki, Boon, Blackfish, Mercer & Henry.

4.0

Post by Lars »


Few Definitions
• Judas — one who betrays under the guise of friendship.

• Flit — to pass quickly or abruptly from one place or condition to another.

• Sive — A dialectal variant of scythe.

• Rose — a prickly bush or shrub that typically bears red, pink, yellow, or white fragrant flowers, native to north temperate regions.

The Judas Flit Background Story Information

Image

The pool and waterfall in the gladiators recreation and regeneration area was busy today.

Quiet, stoic, and observant Phase Mystic Zan’Grith stepped out of a changing room making his way to the stairs that lead down into the warm water. He wore faded grey shorts and pushed past the others in the pool. Humans. Aliens. Others.

Zan inwardly groaned. They all looked worried and almost all eyed him as he made his way to the waterfall. If these idiots didn’t act normal security would realize something was up.

The Phase Mystic saw the newcomer, Victoria Geist, standing by the far end of the waterfall. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she looked annoyed.

Again straight faced Zan inwardly sighed. He liked her. Her unabashed confidence was as attractive as her physique. He was concerned about her obvious self centered ways and knew she was grumpy that the plan was not for just her and Zan to escape. He’d insisted that the plan had always been to help those who were here not by choice in the arena to escape. Her insistence that she needed out now, not when the others she had arrived with was odd. Obviously they were not friends.

Zan might have walked away and not helped her escape with the others except she provided a key element. She had a ship. Docked in Space Town. What good would it do to help slaves escape the arena if they just got hunted down and brought back.

The ship meant they could be taken away from Phaseworld altogether. Giest said her ship had a Rift Drive. Perfect.

Standing by under the waterfall, like he did every day, Zan stepped back into the water until he was in the nook behind it.

No one could see him now. Except of course the bored looking two guards. F’hin the eleven foot tall dino looking Seljuk and Terboorak the seven foot tall Draconid. Two less than friendly and often abusive guards.

The Seljuk didn’t even look up. He was watching a vid on his wrist comp. Ter glanced at Zan.

”Good match yesterday Grith. Made good credits off you. You can’t be back here so… uh fuuu.”

Zan had summoned his attuned blaster behind his back then phase warped reality causing it to look like his arm, hand and the blaster had torn off him and popped into existence pointing the blaster between Terboorak’s eyes.

The silent blast annihilated the guards head. As the body silently slide down the mock rock wall it had been leaning against Zan had the gun pointed into F’hin’s ear hole. The Seljuk guard was only starting to react to Ter’s mumbling.

The blaster erupted silently and vaporized the guards head.

Zan stopped the distortion and returned his limp to his body. Again he summoned another attuned weapon of his, a vibro trident.

Both headless guards lay on the platform ahead of the Phase Mystic as he opened himself up to the regeneration of the pool soaking inner strength into his body.

”How long are you going to be? You said you could get us out of the back of the waterfall. My ship, the Judas Flit, is waiting for me.”

Eyes still closed Zan said: ”For us. All of us. The Draconid has a pass code on his wrist. Get Gandor.”

Victoria shot a nasty look at Zan but moved back to the other side of the waterfall. A moment later she returned with a lumbering muscled ape looking man. Gandor moved to the dead guard and torn the dead Seljuk’s arm off with ease. He then set to hacking the wrist comp.

Under a minute later the double doors of the guard station opened. Gandor tossed the arm into the water and ran into the now open passageway. Victoria followed hot on his heals.

Zan moved back through the waterfall and as planned gave the signal to those waiting.

In mass the forty enslaved rushed through the waterfall and followed suit. Escaping down the passageway.

Zan had made a point of keeping his weapons under the water. Now though. The guards knew something was up. No way everyone could fit behind the waterfall. Gandor had done great. No alarms.

However four large Kydian guards had stepped into the big doorway that lead into the pool. Obviously onto the escape. One barked orders in his wrist comm, and looked angry that the alarm was still not sounding.

Zan tucked his blaster under his left arm the trident still in his left hand.

He held up his right hand and again tore the distance between him and the group of Kydian, his hand appeared before them, palm up and open.

The guards stopped. Looking from him to his hand. Concentrating Zan summoned an attuned small football sized nuclear powered bomb. It was too heavy to hold for long in his separated hand and it dropped with a loud thunk.

Zan returned his arm to his body. Grabbed the blaster. Turned and ran.

The explosion was deafening and even though the bomb was designed to only damage a relatively small area. The shockwave still made Zan stumble as he ran down the passageway.

As he ran he thought: Victoria better not betray us. She better have that ship and let everyone on it.

Zan’Grith was catching up to the slower escapee runners and encouraged them to keep running. By now Gandor should be working his expert hackery on the next set of doors and the lift beyond it.

Everything seemed to be going as planned.



The Job

The explosion in the slave pool and waterfall area an hour ago was strange enough. No alarms sounded and after a few minutes of guards rushing about things were quiet once again.

Now however though, the Conservator High Lord named
Image
along with the Rulian translator who first met with the Black Company when they spoke with Klynncryth arrived at the housing area of the Black Company.

The translator translated the High Lords words.

“You are free. I will escort you off level three and bypass security checks to get you to level two. The docks and spaceport level. There I have paid a pilot, Scix Eskin (pronunciation is Sicks Esh-ken). He will be in the Nova cantina. He has a ship, the Sive Rose. You will go with him.”

The Conservator High Lord pauses letting the Rulian finish translating his words.

“Geist escaped an hour ago. My spies inform me she owns a ship. The Judas Flit. I had security check that ship. It’s owned by one notorious pirate and rival of Lord Klynncryth, Tori G. Video documentation shows that Victoria Geist and Tori G are the same person.”

Again Anshurr pauses then continues.

“Klynn will pay you fifty million credits to capture her and bring us her head. I … and Lord Klynncryth do not care what you do with the other escapees. This is a rare vengeance over profit thing. I have one million credits here now for your needs. But. Time is of essence. Scix has a fast ship and as a smuggler should be able to track down the Judas Flit. Unless too much time passes. You can either except this job or I’ll have you all thrown in a dimensional trash compactor. What say you?”

Anshurr waits impatiently as the Rulian finishes transition.

You can pick your path from here.

Go after Geist. Bring her head back. Or don’t. However it plays out.

Or. If you decide to do this on your own and just want to leave. You can walk out of the Arena gladiators area and enter the city on your own.

Post some RP here. Once everyone gets a chance to RP I’ll post up the next GM post. That post will detail you either being escorted to the space docks or you setting out on your own.






The Judas Flit
Image
The Sive Rose
Image
Pilot of the Sive Rose waiting at the Nova
Image
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 4.0

Post by Humble »

Humble listen to the translation the whole time thinking he would rather a simple job with enemies to crush. "Victoria is very dangerous and does not like to stay dead. Even if we bring you her corpse she will likely still come back for vengence. You should let us have the ship as payment inspead of the credits."

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.0

Post by Hans Greuber »

"I agree with @Humble. We should get the ship as compensation for our efforts. You had a rival of your master in your hands when she was mostly helpless... and you let her heal up and escape. We know things about her that should help us find her. You can always buy Scix another ship after this to compensate him."

I am sure that smuggler's ship will be worth more than 50 million credits.

Geist hates us so much, if we let it be known that WE are hunting her, she might very well find us for some personal vengeance instead of using an intermediary. This should let us get close enough to her so we will have a chance to get her again.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 5 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 1
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: I play: Niki, Boon, Blackfish, Mercer & Henry.

Re: 4.0

Post by Lars »


Anshurr grumbles and waves his inhuman arm dismissively.

“The ship is yours. Whatever. But if you double cross me I’ll send Repo-bots after you. The credits and ship. I don’t care what happens to the pilot.”
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 4.0

Post by Humble »

Lars wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:09 pm
Anshurr grumbles and waves his inhuman arm dismissively.

“The ship is yours. Whatever. But if you double cross me I’ll send Repo-bots after you. The credits and ship. I don’t care what happens to the pilot.”
Humble eyes Anshurr suspiciously for a moment. Obviously a little confused and untrusting. He had fought Repo-bots before. But never on behalf of the strange Splugorth.

Then looking to the others and finally at Hans. "Lets go, I have never been free on this planet to do as I please. I would like to learn things." Thinking to himself. If this job works out there could be plenty of opportunities in this place were he was not viewed suspiciously like on earth.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”