4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post Reply
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Lars »


Sixty four large structures known as space gates float in high orbit over phase world. They are giant rings, 10 miles (16 km) in diameter, covered with strange machinery and monitoring stations. These unique artifacts are powered by legendary phase technology. A ship with a phase transceiver can instantly teleport to a space gate from anywhere in the three galaxies. This makes accessing Phase World easier.

Leaving the planet and traveling outward into the galaxy requires a Rift drive, FTL drive or some means of flight.

In the Space Port, there are thousands of landing pads for space shuttles and cargo ships. The largest space port in the three galaxies is located here, and is the size of a small city. Spacers and passengers from all corners of the galaxies crowd the walkways leading to the Central Station, or to space town, the favorite hang out of most pilots and ship cruise. This is where the lounge is located in space town that the group currently is in.

Scix escorts the group through the massive port town to a landing pad that the Sive Rose is parked on.

Entering the ship the pilot points out several gun ports for defending the ship. The main meeting/resting room, bunks, kitchen etc.

Your tour of the ship done Scix drops into the pilot chair and starts the process of lifting up and heading out into space.

He accesses a computer system (illegally) and after ten minutes barks out laughter saying he’s got her rift jump signature.

The space ship lifts up off the landing pad and heads out into the darkness of space.

After about ten minutes Scix tells you he is ready to spin up the Rift Drive and go after Giest's ship.

The Sive Rose lurches violently and Scix yells.

"Damn it all! Incomming! Six hunter assassination ships are firing on us! I need time to finish calculations and activate the jump. Either man a gun station and kill those fuggers or help me finish the jump!"



INSTRUCTIONS

Make a roll using an appropriate skill at -2

Crit Fail: -1 token

Failure: No help at all.

Success: 1 Token

Raise(s): each additional raise adds a Token

Man a gun station and shoot at the incomming ships that are trying to destroy your ship before you can jump, or, help Scix with tech or magic means to calculate the jump faster.

Based on the amount of token you get I'll narrate the results.

PS its a new Quarter and bennies ect have reset. If you write a particularly interesting post here I'll toss out extra bennies.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Humble »

Shooting 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! scene -2: [2]+[3] = 5

Humble begins moving as soon as instructions come in. But the tiny gun bays make it to difficult for him to get a good line up. Eventually he decides to step aside so one of the little people could get in and take over.

Frustrated he watches the gunners as he is unable to help out. "I wish there was a way to get me in those ships. My hands could rip then apart."

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

User avatar
Charon
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Charon »

Charon Two Tokens Spellcasting, Flint One Token Shooting
Spellcasting 1d12!!+3: [7]+3 = 10
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
Raise on boosting the pilot's skill. Two Tokens
-2 for Scene Modifier = 8

Flint (manning a cannon):
Shooting 1d8!!: [6] = 6
-2 for Scene Mod = 4
Success. One Token
Charon moves up to the cockpit with Scix, calling out to the Mummy as she goes. "Help man the cannons, Flint."

With a quick nod, Flint replies, "On it, Boss!" The undead assistant heads for a cannon-pod, patting Humble on the arm as he passes. "Don't sweat it, Big Guy. You just be ready in case any of them try to board us."

Charon, meanwhile, nods to Scix, and then passes her staff over him a few times. Suddenly, he can hear the whispers of a previously unknown ancestor, apparently an actual navigator for the UWW, advising him on some shortcuts that can be taken to calculate the jump equations in a fraction of the time.
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Hans Greuber »

Gargamel
  • Athletics to Assist
    • Athletics: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
      Result: 2 - Fail. No Help.
Hans
  • Repair (+2 due Mr. Fixit, +4 due Armor, +2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Scene Difficulty... so +6)
    • Repair: 1d12!!+6!!: [2]+6 = 8
      Wild: 1d6!!+6!!: [5]+6 = 11
      • Bennie Reroll
        • Repair: 1d12!!+6!!: [8]+6 = 14
          Wild: 1d6!!+6!!: [2]+6 = 8
      Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises. 3 Tokens Earned.


This thing just seems to be intended to be a more streamlined and more powerful version of some of the engines I worked on in The Anvils...

"S**t, Scix... when was the last time you had a decently skilled mechanic look at this ship? It looks like the last person to look at it was more interested in proving some sort of Chaos Theory than trying to get the most out of this ship. It was fast before, but give me some time, and I will make your head spin."

"Now come on, my little Rose, don't make a liar out of me. I will have you singing like the lady you are in time, but for now I just need a little more power out of you.


Bringing out his Universal Energy to Matter Converter to supplement the tools in his armor, Hans gets to work on the engines of the Sive Rose, whispering sweet nothings to the ship as he works.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 11 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 6 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Repair on Tracking Geist

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Humble »

Charon wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pm With a quick nod, Flint replies, "On it, Boss!" The undead assistant heads for a cannon-pod, patting Humble on the arm as he passes. "Don't sweat it, Big Guy. You just be ready in case any of them try to board us."
The giant nods in acceptance. "I will be ready." He says solemnly, more than ready to settle any matters that get up close.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

User avatar
Tula
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Tula »

Tula was quiet while Klynn hired the team to again hunt down Geist. Seems like everyone in the multiverse wants this chick amscrayed. When he gave away the ship and its pilot like a party favor, it turned her gut sour. She didn’t like the flagrant way the sploogie bartered with sentient lives. Also, it gave her whiplash to go from being the ‘endebted’ to a slave owner in the span of an hour. But she could see the benefit of taking everything the slave master would offer to go on a job they were going to do anyway. She didn’t actually believe that her companions would step foot on the Sive Rose with her captain still ‘enslaved’ to them. As soon as Humble had announced on their way to the Nova Lounge that Scix would not be a slave to any of them, Tula had agreed with a hearty ‘Here! Here!’

When they walked into Nova and saw what Scix was doing with ‘his’ ship, she understood a little better how this man might have come to be ‘owned’ by a creature like Kylnn. Tula chewed on the inside of cheek and stepped up to the bar, confident Action Stan would be able to acquire the spaceship. She’d seen these scenes in his movies. He knew the script and he had Charon already calling up shades to help him.

Tula ordered a cruffin and a dark fermented brew. She hopped up on the tall stool with practiced ease and swiveled so she could watch the card game from the end of the bar. Her feet dangled a couple feet off the ground. Her attention also swung back and forth between the game of chance and the group of large creatures yelling over a vid screen nearby. It appeared to be some kind of sports game and she couldn’t tell if the aliens were angry or happy about what they were watching. Also she wasn’t sure if they were even all rooting for the same side of the game. Were there sides? Was that a… pig? Yes it definitely was a pig on the field of play. Tula found it hard to pull her attention back to the gambling table. I mean, any fool could bet on games of chance, but what sort of sport involved earth livestock and that many arms?

When Stan crowed and pulled the pot of bets toward his side of the table, Tula straightened up and brushed the crumbs off her chest. Time was of the essence if they were going to catch Geist and now they had what they’d come here for. She slid off her stool and casually rested her hand on the vibro knife sheathed to her hip. As her team gathered their winnings and Sciv, Tula kept scanning the others at the table and around the bar, waiting for one to make an angry fuss. She was pleasantly surprised when she backed her way out the door after everyone else and no one made moves to follow them.

Scix lead them through the labyrinth of streets to the space dock where the Sive Rose was parked and Tula trotted to keep up with her long-legged companions. Gods, but she missed her hoverbike. When they climbed the ramp into the smuggler’s ship, Tula tried desperately to affect a cool, unimpressed attitude and keep her hands to herself. This was the first spaceship she’d ever been on, and they were very soon going to be in OUTER SPACE! She wanted to watch how the piloting differed from the other flying crafts she’d piloted. She wanted to dig into the systems and see how everything was powered and where the weaknesses were. Her fingers literally itched to open panels and investigate the wiring and components. She dug her short nails into her palms and pushed her hands deeper into her pockets.
Lars wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:26 pmThe Sive Rose lurches violently and Scix yells.

"Damn it all! Incomming! Six hunter assassination ships are firing on us! I need time to finish calculations and activate the jump. Either man a gun station and kill those fuggers or help me finish the jump!"
’FINALLY something I can do!’ Tula thought! There were only so many ways to target and shoot a gun, and shooting from a moving vehicle in three dimensions was what she did all the time on a hoverbike.
Charon wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pmWith a quick nod, Flint replies, "On it, Boss!" The undead assistant heads for a cannon-pod, patting Humble on the arm as he passes. "Don't sweat it, Big Guy. You just be ready in case any of them try to board us."
Tula also patted Humble on his hunched shoulder as she squeezed by him toward a gun station. "And I’m sure if you give Hans a couple of days, he can modify one of these bays to accomodate you.”

Tula slid into another gun station and did her best to coordinate with Stan and Flint to protect the Sive Rose until she hit the rift jump.


Dice for shooting task

shooting 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Benny to reroll
Shooting 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Tula Embersnow
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(5); Strain: 6
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3

Edit Signature
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Action Stan »

Shooting for Task roll
Modifiers: Scene -2, Innate +1, Sharpshooting +1, Cyber +2. Net +2
Shooting d12!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Shooting Wild d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Benny to reroll
Shooting Reroll d12!!+2: [11]+2 = 13
Shooting Wild Reroll d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
While technically in space the giant station felt more like a bunker than being among the stars, so Stan was as eager to set out as Tula. He didn't much bother to hide it however. "This is going to be awesome! Our own ship! If I had ever been a boy, I bet I would have dreamed of this. Not sure what to do with it when we go home but we can figure that out later." As says as the Company comes to their new vessel.

As they take the quick tour he tosses his pack in a bunk and ask @Hans for help with a dongle to make his Vehicle interface compatible with the ports on the Sive Rose. Then he quickly finds the best spot to watch the ships departure from the space gate, both physically and through ship sensors. "Hey @T, @Wormy come check out this view." he calls as he pipes the best sensor feeds into monitors near the portal he's looking out.

As he continues to watch, Clips beeps and warbles a couple times near one of the monitors. "What do you mean who are they? This is a spaceport dude, probably other travelers like us. They're nowhere near u..."
Lars wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:26 pm The Sive Rose lurches violently and Scix yells.

"Damn it all! Incomming! Six hunter assassination ships are firing on us! I need time to finish calculations and activate the jump. Either man a gun station and kill those fuggers or help me finish the jump!"
Quick to react, Stan hops in a gun port and jacks in. Taking a couple seconds to adjust to the weapons and "sight it in" to his 'ware. Then he begins laying heavy fire into the formation, landing mutiple hits on the attacking ships. From another bay @Tula whoops in excitement "Whoo-who, Got him!"

Unable to help himself he follows up with a quote from The Parable of Star Wars: A New Hope: "Great Kid, don't get cocky!" Before he can explain the reference Skix chimes in, "There's still two more out there!" and Stan can't help but laugh. "That was too perfect, T that was almost word for word one of the Parables." Then, back to business, he begins sighting in on the remaining ships.
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Lars »


Well Done! Everyone who posted take a bennie for fun narratives!

Man a gun station and shoot at the incomming ships that are trying to destroy your ship before you can jump, or, help Scix with tech or magic means to calculate the jump faster.

Based on the amount of token you get I'll narrate the results.


The results of assisting Scix navigate a jump that follows Giest: Scix hoots in excitement and announces that he has a lock on Giests ship, stand by to jump…

The results of assisting the Sive Rose using her guns to blast away at the approaching ships firing on you: Four of the Six hunter assassination ships that are firing on your ship are blow into scraps of metal spinning away in the vacuum of space…





The last two ships approaching have DFC symbols/logos painted on them. Of the remaining two ships, they are too close to fire upon now. One has collided with the Rose and is breaching the hull, with special space hull breach pods, the loud speaker of the Rose calls out:

”I am Captain Phoebe and my shock troops will kill you all if you don’t lay down your weapons!”

Scix then screams across the PA:

”Get these Daxon vermin out of the ship! I can’t jump until they are out and the two holes patched! Gotta hurry, longer we wait the harder to stay in the path of Giest. Get that f’ttuggering DFC ship off the Rose!”

After a moment Scix continues:

“Get a space suit on! There are emergency suits in every room!” *see below

You suspect that’s the reason the DFC shock troops breached your ship, to prevent you from Rift Jumping and to give Victoria time to vanish.

One wild results of the breaching corporate pirates (DFC) is the ship has lost gravity inside its hull. You’re going to have to act while in Zero-G **see below

Ship 5 is breaching your ship.
Ship 6 is matching speed and location next to your ship but has not as of yet attempted a breach.


The Rules
Scene Modifiers

Located in every room there are emergency space suits. If you don’t wear one and you breath air or are susceptible to radiation ect you will be at a -4 to all rolls. If you are wearing a suit and take a wound you are at a -2 to all rolls for five rounds/turns while the suit self repairs. The space suits are hockey puck looking things that you can slap onto your chest (even over your armor) that expand over you and forms a bubble like clear helmet.
Armor does not stack.
A3, T 1

If you are in full EBA you don’t need a space suit.


Carefully read Zero-G, there are negative and positive results of being in no gravity.


While in Zero-G your STR rolls are at a +2, your Pace is at a +4, and see below wild die and penalty…

There’s low gravity, then there’s no gravity. In a zero-g environment, virtually any physical activity can quickly become awkward. Movement of any sort—particularly physical combat—is made far more tricky by the absence of gravity and its close friend, inertia.

Any character in zero-g who rolls a 1 on a physical Trait die (regardless of the Wild Die) loses control of her movements and begins to tumble. This gives her a −2 penalty to all further Trait rolls. This penalty remains until she makes an Agility roll as a free action on a subsequent turn—and has some way to stabilize herself.

On the other hand, lack of inertia has benefits. A hero can propel herself at a Pace equal to her Strength by jumping from a stable platform. This effect lasts until she either contacts a larger object or somehow generates an equal amount of counterthrust.

Physical attacks and shots from conventional firearms push the character 1” back away from the blast or 2” for large caliber weapons and high melee damage rolls at the Game Master’s option. Lasers, blasters, disintegrators, and other recoilless weapons do not cause this effect.



Instructions: Task

Over the next few turns (depends on how awesome your rolls, results in how many turns) you must:

1.) kill any DFC pirates that have infiltrated your ship. Requires 4 Tokens.
2.) unattach your ship from the ship that has breached your ship. Requires 2 Tokens.
3.) repair the two holes in your hull in order to Rift Jump. Requires 2 Tokens.

If enough Tokens are not acquired we roll into a second turn. Each additional turn will present new complications. Based on this turn we will see how the next one goes.

RP talking to each other and or your pilot Scix.

Performing the Task

Characters are dealt Action Cards as usual during a Dramatic Task. Those attempting the task make relevant skill checks and get a Task Token for each success and raise. Failure means no progress and a Critical Failure reduces progress by one (if there are any).

The skills that can be used to accumulate tokens depends on the situation and what your character is trying to do from the list above.

Complications

If a character’s Action Card is a Club, something has gone wrong. Attempts to resolve the task (or Support it!) are made at an additional −2.

Worse, if a roll is failed during a Complication, the Dramatic Task fails—the task your character was working on is unable to be accomplished by anyone this turn/round.

Examples: More shock troops come aboard. Additional latches hook onto the ship at breach points etc.

Support: Characters assisting with the Support option suffer the Complication penalty, and an additional −2 if their Action Card is a Club! Critical Failure on their part just subtracts from the lead’s roll as usual, however, it doesn’t cause the entire task to fail.

Action Cards

39, 20, 44, 30, 21, 49, 35

Action Stan 39 - Ace of Clubs
Tula 20 - 8 of Hearts
Ducky 44 - 6 of Diamonds
Hans 30 - 5 of Clubs
Charon 21 - 9 of Hearts
Wormy 49 - Jack of Diamonds
Humble 35 - 10 of Clubs

Post in any order the Action Cards were to see who has Clubs. Three of you do eek.

Edit/Note:


<@599731723181359134> , quick question. Are the tasks "Lead + Support", or "All In"? That is, is there a limit on the number of people who can be the lead on any particular task? (If you're open to suggestion, I'd say the combat can be all-in while the other two tasks should be Lead + Support (as they're more technical, and usually it's better to have one person calling the shots). - Freemage

Yes. I like this. Thank you. - Lars
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Hans Greuber »

Gargamel Assist using Notice (-2 due Hans's Club)
  • Notice: 1d8!!: [6] = 6 -2 = 3
Hans Repair (+4 due Armor, +2 due Mr. Fixit, +2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Complications... so +7)
  • Repair: d12!!+7!!: [3]+7 = 10 -1
    Wild: 1d6!!+7!!: [11!!]+7 = 18 -1
    Result: 17 - Success with 3 Raises.


"Gargamel and I can handle patching the holes left by their ships. You will have hull integrity back in just a few minutes. The rest of you, we need their cables removed, and we need the boarders taken care of."

Getting to work at patching the holes the Daxon bashed into the hull with his Universal Energy to Matter Converter, it is all going well until the power supply stops working.

Well, time to go old school on this instead of the short cuts I have been taking lately due to having the Converter.

Using just the tools in his Salvaging Armor, Hans is able to almost perform miracles in how quickly and how well he repairs the breaches.

"You guys better hurry up and get our ship free before I finish these holes for easy access to the lines, and kill those pesky boarders"
Hans Greuber

PPE: 11 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 6 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Repair on Tracking Geist

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Action Stan »

Assessing the situation as he reaches for an E-suit Stan has a flash of brilliance. " @Hans buddy when we pop that thing free I need you to make the repairs look half assed and bare bones. I got a plan. Guys, I think we kick their asses and board them back. That Fell ship will have intel about his operations that may help us now or in the future. Also we may be able to use it to Trojan horse Geist into thinking we've been caught by these Dax-tards and then we can get in close more easily... Hopefully." he relays to the team as he sets off the e-suit.

But something was wrong with the suit and instead of a loose fit the suit was constrictive and limited his movement range. Also it was sticky on the outside, not enough to be useful but just enough to be hazardous. "Scix, either this thing is defective or I DO Not want to know what you do in these suits when you're alone." Clips is also made largely ineffective by the loss of atmo, his turbofans not having much to use for propulsion he mostly bumps around on the floor.
task, repel borders with Shooting 20, 5 successes
Modifiers: Clubs draw -2, Sharp shooter +1, Cyber +2, innate +1. Net +2
Shooting d12!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Shooting Wild d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Why not, benny to reroll
Shooting Reroll d12!!+2: [10]+2 = 12 Forgot +1 to hit on revolver.
Shooting Wild Reroll d6!!+2: [17!!]+2 = 19

Clips, Notice to support Notice d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
With less grace than is usual the Man of Action gets to work, kicking off down the hallway straight into the breach closest to him. His velocity carrying him right into the invaders before they could disperse around the ship. With his Wilks in one hand and Harry in the other he fights like the Paragon Wick. While the wilks isn't powerful enough to actually penetrate the EVA suits of their attackers, that wasn't what he was using it for. He was shooting the visors to activate auto darkening and distract. Then he finishes them with a plasma round. Clearing the first breach, Stan holsters his pistols, draws his rifle, and fire a few rounds up the tube to clear a second wave of attack.

"Alright @Humble, ready when you are big guy. @Tula, you're with us. Humble and I will clear, you disengage the docking clamps. Once we have the ship, you're flying and I'll handle electronic warfare."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Hans Greuber »

Action Stan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:37 pm Assessing the situation as he reaches for an E-suit Stan has a flash of brilliance. " @Hans buddy when we pop that thing free I need you to make the repairs look half assed and bare bones. I got a plan. Guys, I think we kick their asses and board them back. That Fell ship will have intel about his operations that may help us now or in the future. Also we may be able to use it to Trojan horse Geist into thinking we've been caught by these Dax-tards and then we can get in close more easily... Hopefully." he relays to the team as he sets off the e-suit.
"Can do. I will just attach some extra debris on the outside and add a small controlled leak that I can open and close. I am sure venting some atmosphere will help sell it."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 11 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 6 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Repair on Tracking Geist

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Humble »

Focus 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! with +4: [11]+[4] = 15

Action Stan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:37 pm ...

With less grace than is usual the Man of Action gets to work, kicking off down the hallway straight into the breach closest to him. His velocity carrying him right into the invaders before they could disperse around the ship. With his Wilks in one hand and Harry in the other he fights like the Paragon Wick. While the wilks isn't powerful enough to actually penetrate the EVA suits of their attackers, that wasn't what he was using it for. He was shooting the visors to activate auto darkening and distract. Then he finishes them with a plasma round. Clearing the first breach, Stan holsters his pistols, draws his rifle, and fire a few rounds up the tube to clear a second wave of attack.

"Alright @Humble, ready when you are big guy. @Tula, you're with us. Humble and I will clear, you disengage the docking clamps. Once we have the ship, you're flying and I'll handle electronic warfare."

After putting on the suit Humble waste no time, he enjoyed a good battle and these guys had come to him. Humble had no trouble moving through the corridors He was used to ship board activities and these borders picked the wrong ship. As he came upon them he let out a roar, each shot they fired making him that much stronger and more powerful. More than once he found he had gained to much strength from the enemies attacks and had to release some of the power before breaking through the ships hull. After killing everything foolish enough to board his ship he followed @Stan onto the enemy ship. Moving through them with almost casual skill as they found out what they were up against.

Once the mission was accomplished Humble waited for further direction from the others to be relayed to him.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

User avatar
Tula
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Tula »

Action Stan wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:20 pmUnable to help himself he follows up with a quote from The Parable of Star Wars: A New Hope: "Great Kid, don't get cocky!" Before he can explain the reference Skix chimes in, "There's still two more out there!" and Stan can't help but laugh. "That was too perfect, T that was almost word for word one of the Parables." Then, back to business, he begins sighting in on the remaining ships.
”The parable of New Hope!” Tula exclaims, unable to contain her excitement in the moment. She schools her features and continues in the driest tone she can manage. ”I know.”

When the captain calls out for space suits, Tula snaps her helmet into place and activates the environmental controls. The manufacturer had claimed it would provide life support even in the vacuum of space. Tula also rarely trusted one size fits all equipment to contain her powerful thighs.
Action Stan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:37 pm"Alright Humble, ready when you are big guy. Tula, you're with us. Humble and I will clear, you disengage the docking clamps. Once we have the ship, you're flying and I'll handle electronic warfare."
”Copy, Red Leader. I’m on your six!"

Tula drew her pistol and covered Stan's flank as he charged into the DFC ship. When she'd cleared the boarding tubes, she kept one eye on Stan while she began working the release and retract controls.
electronics
Lead on Boarding tube task
Electronics 1d8!!: [4] = 4
wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Spending that last benny reward to reroll
reroll electronics 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Tula Embersnow
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(5); Strain: 6
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3

Edit Signature
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Charon »

OOC Comments
Agility d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild Agility d6!!: [2] = 2
Success--well, at least she's not free-floating....
Charon, seeing the way things are going, opts to assist Tula with ditching the breaching tubes. She was able to get there even faster than the dwarf, by virtue of not having to fight her way into a space suit in the first place--her armor's EBA rating was sufficient for a vacuum. Unfortunately, this actually works to their detriment--she had already slipped into the tube, loosening some of the connections when Tula rushed up and began disengaging the clamps. Her 'assistance' meant that Tula's efforts actually yielded the desired result faster than expected--with Charon still inside the tube!

As the clamps blow, the tube snaps from the force, whipping the Lyn-Srial out into the vacuum of space. Momentum at least allows her to reach out and grab an outcropping of the hull--of the other ship! "My friends, we may have a problem, here... I'm afraid it is more urgent than originally believed that the rest of you manage to reverse the boarding action; you'll doubtless find it far easier to get me inside it that way."
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Lars »


Five Active Players (boarding DFC ship):
  • Action Stan
  • Tula
  • Hans
  • Charon - floating in space, does have a hand hold on the ship though
  • Humble


Two Inactive Players (stay on ship with Scix):
  • Ducky - character on hold, always welcome back...
  • Wormy - seems MIA, always welcome back.


I'm still here, I'm just swamped IRL.
I'm going to go with we are 5 Players and once 5 post I will too ASAP.
- Lars


Stan sees an opportunity to turn the tide here, why just escape when the Black Company can escape with a second ship! The possibilities for its use are vast and the mercenaries of the company strike out!

The man of action blasts away at the DFC pirates, Tula on his heals. As they enter the DFC ship she bypasses the ships electronics and finds that she can not only control the DFC ships docking/breaching tubes, she has access to the entire ships electronics!

The DFC ship is called the Devastator, and it is a fast rift jump attack ship owed by the Daxon Fell Corporation.

Humble smashes away at the intruders also, hearing Stan's orders the brute smashes his way to the ship of the DFC and is with Stan and Tula.

Standing by, still on the Sive Rose, Hans and his golem have finished repairs and have video sights of Stan, Humble and Tula thanks to Clips who is broadcasting the scenn to the screen where Hans is.

As Stan, Humble and Tula board and infiltrate the DFC Devastator ship the radio crackles and Charon pipes up on the radio.

"My friends, we may have a problem, here... I'm afraid it is more urgent than originally believed that the rest of you manage to reverse the boarding action; you'll doubtless find it far easier to get me inside it that way."

---

Charon is holding onto the DFC ship, outside in space!

Not only do the Black Company need to take over the DFC ship by clearing out pirates, they need to rescue Charon!

Describe how you go about one or both of these actions.

Write a narrative and tell us what you are doing. I will attach a initiative list below so that you can see if you ended up with a Club (Complication). There will be only one roll needed in this narrative, just like a Quick Combat. The Difficultly Modifier for this scene is -2 plus and complication from getting a Club.

Success on all fronts will net you a second ship and saving Charon. Any failures will be dealt with in next GM post.

Note: if you are in Zero Gravity, in the Sive Rose, out in Space = see my above GM post on Zero Gravity rules. Inside the DFC ship there is gravity.

Action Cards
1D.jpg
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Hans Greuber »

TW (-2 due Scene, +2 due Iron Ring, +1 due GM Fiat... so +1) - Using a Gadget to use Teleport
  • TW: d12+1: [3]+1 = 4
    Wild: d6!!+1!!: [4]+1 = 5
    Result: 5 - Success.


Quickly programming a nanite hive, Hans sends four streams of nanites that seem to burrow through space itself and pull himself, Charon, Gargamel, and Flint over to the DFC ship, landing just inside a window that Hans can see inside using the sensors on the Sive Rose.

"The rest of the boarding party over... in... what have they using this room used for anyways?"
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 11 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 6 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Repair on Tracking Geist

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Humble »

Focus 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! Scene Modifier -2, Clubs -2, Skill +4 for break even on roll: [10]+[11!!] = 21



Humble begins to move through the craft, focusing on sniffing out the enemies. Allowing them to attack him, he simply walks through their variety of attacks as his body regenerates the damage easily. Few words are needed, these people chased his team and attacked them first. As his strength and power grew Humble reached a point where the energy was burning off of him with an intensity that was visible. Like an aura of psychic energy emanating from the avatar. After a couple minutes the defenders simply gave up attacking the giant who seemed to ignore everything from rail gun to grenades, and instead began running to the others. Begging for mercy.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

User avatar
Tula
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Tula »

Lars wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:16 amCharon: "My friends, we may have a problem, here... I'm afraid it is more urgent than originally believed that the rest of you manage to reverse the boarding action; you'll doubtless find it far easier to get me inside it that way."
"OH SHIT! OH SHIT! I'm sorry, Charon!!"
Holstering her pistol, Tula uses both hands to work the controls again. These systems are new to her and she's not used to the ships protocols. Under her breath she talks to herself, "I can do this. I can do this."

Electronics to actually succeed at taking over the electronic controls of at least the boarding tubes. *face palm*
Electronics 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny to reroll... if I don't get this, Tula is out of the hacking business forever. I should have jack of all trades for hacking, but here we are.
reroll electronics 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Current Bennies 2/3


Just as she's finally managed to figure out the controls, Hans and Charon and their minions teleport into the bay beside Tula. She heaves a sigh of relief and changes her electronic commands to start opening the ship's doors as a way to aid Humble and Stan's wild charge to the bridge.

"Here! Hans, take this!" Tula shoves the big smith at the control panel.
"See if you can lock soldiers into their compartments and keep the doors to the bridge open. I'm going after Stan!"
Then without waiting to see if he follows her 'commands', Tula rushes off down the corridor, pulling her pistol back out and letting loose a battle cry.
"E s'eesht!!!"*


*(Ewokese for kill)
Tula Embersnow
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(5); Strain: 6
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3

Edit Signature
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Action Stan »

As he's scrambling for a plan to help Charron, Hans appears with the necromancer safely beside him. "Hells yeah Hans! Ok team lets rock this casbah until the Clash goes home." Patching his internal coms into the pirate ship Stan sends a message of his own over the vessels internal speaks.

"Captain Phoebe, I am Action Stan of the Black Company. We seem to have killed all the troopers you sent. Don't worry about sending more though, we came to you. Allow me to present a counter offer in the form of song." With a radio prompt he loads a song from the music library he stores in clips. Tinny 5 bit sounds start playing quickly switching to guitars and drums. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlu1ZfYr6vA

This is your time to pay
"This is your judgment day
We made a sacrifice
And now we get to take your life"


"Damn it Clips, quit reordering the playlists. That was supposed to be Die, MF, Die, not Get Ready to Die... Yeah I know they "say" the same thing but it's a matter of tone. This is more slapstick.. *sigh* whatever dude."
Shooting for task roll 14, 3 successes
Modifiers: Half Advance +1, cyber +2. Sharpshooter +1, equipment +1. Net +5
Shooting d12!!+5: [9]+5 = 14
Shooting Wild d6!!+5: [3]+5 = 8
Moving with Humble Stan keeps the big guys flanks clear, mowing down foes as they move towards the bridge. When Tula comes screeching up to them Clips beeps to Stan. "What do you mean "She's talking in Ewok." Where would she learn Ewok.. Where did you learn Ewok?"
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Charon »

OOC Comments
Flinty Grappling
Flint Athletics 1d10!!-1: [9]-1 = 8

This is MY ship, now....
Spellcasting 1d12!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Benny.
Spellcasting 1d12!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Success, at least...Yeesh.
Finding themselves actually on-board the enemy ship, Charon and her undead companion begin to harry the enemy. Charon exerts her will over the minds of the would-be raiders, though her recent ordeal seems to have distracted her a bit.
Flint, on the other hand, is a mummy with a mission. Apparently taking Charon's spacing personally, he begins grabbing the enemy and drags them with supernatural strength, one by one, to the nearest exit into the Void, and tosses them out. Those who attempt to stand and fight discover a distinct problem with fighting a mummy on a ship that has an open airlock--flames don't work in a vacuum, and nothing else works on the Mummy! He is thus a literally unstoppable force as he drags them along, only suffering the occasional laser burn or gunfire wound that heals virtually instantly.
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Hans Greuber »

Fighting: 1d10!!: [2] = 2
Result: 2 - Fail.


While not as resilient as Flint without the risk of fire, Gargamel is also very tough and able to heal from blows that could level even people in power armor. Its fighting skills, however, just do not seem effective so all Gargamel seems to be is a big target to distract the spacers from concentrating all their basically ineffective fire on Flint... allowing him to space the spacers easier.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 11 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 6 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Repair on Tracking Geist

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Lars »



Go go go… then, suddenly it's quiet.

There are no pirates left on the Sive Rose, none, one hopes, on the almost captured Daxon Fell Corporate Pirate ship.

Regrouping, Tula, Action Stan, Hans, Charon and Humble arrive at the closed blast doors that separate the rest of the ship from the piloting area. The undead Flint and golem Gargamel are with the group.

The quarterdeck is presumably where Captain Phoebe is holed up. It’s unknown if the captain has any crew or security with him inside the compartment.


This is YOUR STORY.
  • How does the Black Company get past the blast doors and then take the ship.
    • This is a QEI - Quick Encounter Interlude
      ‘wa de ell is a quik encounter ~ lude ? ;) Read on…

      1.) Roll Complication
      2.) Roll Chosen Skill
      3.) Narrate Actions
      4.) Results
1.) Roll Complication (Spade, Heart, Diamond or Club)

Roll a d4 to see what type of card you get.
  1. Spade: The Captain singles you out. Phoebe is you complication. Link to the NPC's Stats
    Phoebe is the captain of this space ship. She will be "escaping" out a back door and racing down the hallways of the ship. If you get her as your complication its because you noticed the device she was caring. A bomb that looks like it could destroy the ship! Go get her and stop her before she blows the ship and all of you out into space.

    Below stat's are just to help you in writing your narrative.

    Attributes
    • STR: 1d12+3
      AGI: 1d8
      SMA: 1d8
      SPI: 1d8
      VIG: 1d10
    Skills
    • American: d6
      Athletics: d6
      Common Knowledge: d4
      Elvish/Dragonese (N)
      Fighting: d8
      Intimidate: d4
      Notice: d8
      Occult: d4
      Persuasion: d4
      Psionics: d12
      Stealth: d8
    Edges
    • AB: Psionics
      Dragon Celerity*
      Adept
      Major Psionics
      Free Runner
      Dragon Fast Regeneration
      Fast Healer
    Hindrances
    • IF
      • Outsider (Major)
        Enemies
      Chosen
      • Small
        Bloodthirsty
        Vengeful
    Powers
    • Natural
      • Detect Arcana
      Psionics
      • Boost Trait
        Relief
        Speak Languages
        Speed (HJ Result)
        Warrior's Gift
    Advances
    • Hin1: Agility -> d8
      Hin2: Fighting -> d8, Stealth -> d8
    • N1: Spirit -> d6
      N2: Dragon Celerity
      N3: Adept
    • S1: Free Runner
      S2: Vigor -> d8
      S3: Power Points (ISP)
      S4: Psionics -> d10
    • V1: Notice -> d8, Intimidate -> d4
      V2: Vigor -> d10
      V3: Dragon Fast Regeneration
      V4: Power Points (ISP
    • H1: Spirit -> d8
      H2: Psionics -> d12
      H3: Power Points (ISP)
      H4: Fast Healer
    • L1:
      L2:
    ISP: 40
    PPE: 10
    Pace: 12 (1d12) in Dragon Form. 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain (Free Runner)
    Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
    Size: +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
    Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC

    Alternate Form
    A short, slender young lady (early 20's) of indeterminate racial background wearing a space pirate's attire.
    Height: 4'10" tall
    Weight: 95 lbs
    Hair: Straight Black, tied back in a ponytail
    Eyes: Brown
    Skin: Pale White
    . They (mans voice, looks female) singles you out and attacks. If more than one person gets this result its because Phoebe is unique and can separate into multiple bodies.
  2. Heart: Flashback, while writing your narrative include a flashback related to the skill you are using. Example would be say you are using Fighting as a Skill. Tell us something about when you were trained to Fight. Your instructor in sword play or something. Or say your Skill is Hacking. Flashback to a time you were new at hacking.
  3. Diamond: A crew of gremlins? Unlike the rest of the pirates you have been dispatching or bypassing in the Sive Rose or here on the pirate ship, there are a dozen gremlin pirates running the controls of the ship. These buggers seem to know the one thing that will give your Player Character issues. Pick one of your Hindrances or Weakness and exploit it while writing your narrative.
  4. Club: What is it with Clubs? Why are they evil? Heh well anyways your following Skill Roll is made at a -4. You explain why in your narrative.

2.) Roll Chosen Skill
  • Fighting, Shooting, Arcane, Athletics, Hacking, Stealth, etc. You decide what you’re hanging you’re hat on.
3.) Narrate Actions
  • Write out your story based on the two previous rolls.
4.) Results
  • Success & Failure
    In general, narration and individual actions determine the success or failure of an encounter. If the hacker can’t get past a building’s security measures, for example, and the GM decides it shuts down the operation rather than complicating it, the encounter fails. In other words, let the story tell the tale.

    In a more dynamic situation such as combat, assume the group “wins” if there are at least as many total successes (one for each success and raise) as there are player characters. They get the information, drive off their foes, complete the mission, or avert (or escape) the crisis. Support rolls don’t count as successes.

    If there are fewer successes than player characters, they fail. Specifics are up to the Game Master, but might mean the party has to fall back or retreat from their foes, their prey escapes, they don’t get the object or data they were looking for, they survive the crisis but can’t save most of the bystanders, and so on.

    In the case of failure I (Lars) will present the situation. Hopefully you "win" and take the ship.


After you each respond we will be arriving in orbit over a planet that the DFC computers on the DFC space ship state Victoria Giest has landed on and we will continue the story there.

Once you finish this post you will have earned Conviction.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Charon »

OOC Comments
Complication:
Card-flip: 1d4: [2] = 2
Heart: Flashback, while writing your narrative include a flashback related to the skill you are using. Example would be say you are using Fighting as a Skill. Tell us something about when you were trained to Fight. Your instructor in sword play or something. Or say your Skill is Hacking. Flashback to a time you were new at hacking.

Flint Support:
Fighting 1d12!!: [8] = 8
Wild Fighting 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Raise: +2 to Charon

Spellcasting:
Spellcasting 1d12!!+3: [7]+3 = 10
1d6!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
After Support, Total 12 = 3 successes.
In the Arena on Center
Flint and Charon conferred after the first battle. "We won that fight, but man, it took way too long to do it. The problem, Boss, is that they tend to see us comin'. You give me orders, they hear them, and figure out where I'm going, then they do something to keep me from doin' it."

The Lyn-Srial nodded. Flint's surprisingly coherent mind was a boon she still didn't fully understand, but at least she had the wisdom to appreciate and value it. "So, then, what do you suggest?"

"Codes. A series of gestures or one-word instructions to let me know what whammy you're dropping and on whom. Something pretty simple, but not too blatant. If I know who you're gonna curse, or subjugate, I can make sure I can take advantage, or assist, whatever we've worked out in advance, see?"

She smiled at him. "Very well, let us determine the best practices for certain situations."

The next match was much, much shorter....


The trick, they'd realized, was keeping the codes simple enough that they'd both remember them in the heat of combat. While Charon's near-genius intellect was more than capable of multilayered communication, Flint, for all his unusual nature, was still definitely a simple creature of habit. They'd found the key in an old pastime he'd enjoyed in life: square dancing. He was able to keep in mind the new meaning of each of the traditional calls. Meanwhile, very few possible enemies would understand that "Aliman Left" was an instruction that she was about to undermine the melee prowess of the combatant to Flint's right flank, or that "Do-se-do" meant it was time for him to distract a foe so that she could better seize control of their minds, or rip the mana from their souls, as the situation warranted.
So the enemy tended to fall apart, unable to compensate for the combination of magic and martial skill focused into an exemplary example of teamwork. While they never went up against the big contenders, the pair cut a brutal swath through the crew, set to the soundtrack of a tinny fiddle player. Pirate captains deprived of their crew tended to make for much easier targets....
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Hans Greuber »

OOC Comments
1d4: [1] = 1
  • Spade
    • The Captain singles you out. Phoebe is your complication. They (mans voice, looks female) singles you out and attacks. If more than one person gets this result its because Phoebe is unique and can separate into multiple bodies.
Fighting to Assist
  • Fighting: 1d10!!: [5] = 5 - Success. +1 to Assist

Technowizardry (+1 due GM Fiat, +2 due Iron Ring, +1 due Assist... so +4)
  • TW: 1d12!!+4!!: [5]+4 = 9
    Wild: 1d6!!+4!!: [3]+4 = 7
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. Spending a Gadget Creation to cover the PPE cost... and allow Hans to Teleport the Captain into deep space.

As Gargamel runs up to Phoebe and starts to pound at her to keep her busy, she shifts into a small but beautifully rainbow coloured Forest Runner Hatchling and the two start tearing into and pounding on each other. This provides Hans just enough time to program a nanite hive for his current needs.

"Phoebe... As a Dragon... can you survive in the cold vacuum of space?!? I guess we will be finding out."

With that, Hans sends a stream of nanites at the captain, the nanites then bending space itself and POP!!! Phoebe finds herself about fifty yards away from the ship in the vacuum of space, well away from any of the surrounding ship.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 11 / 25 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 10 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 6 /6
Created Gadgets:
None
Bennies: 3 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Repair on Tracking Geist

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Huey*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Dewey
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Louis
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Alvin*
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Simon
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Theodore
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Action Stan »

d4: [4] = 4
Shooting for task roll
Modifiers: Scene -4, Cyber +2, Inherent +1, sharpshooter +1, Gear +2. Net +2
Shooting d12!!+2: [10]+2 = 12
Shooting Wild d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
After a millisecond of adjustment to the teleport, Stan cuts loose with his Trusty Wilks as the bridge would be a bad place for stray plasma blasts. The remnants of the malfunctioning space suit choose that second to malfunction once again however and it begins to randomly constrict, making his movements all herky jerky. Despite lurching around the room like one of Charrons zombies his aim stays true.

As the fight ends Stan is on the floor rolling around and trying to get the damned thing off his armor. To compound his embarrassment, Clips just circles above him, filming the struggle.
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
User avatar
Tula
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 am

Re: 4.2 Tracking Geist down while aboard the Sive Rose

Post by Tula »

It's complicated: 1d4: [2] = 2
Heart: Flashback
Tula Embersnow
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(5); Strain: 6
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3

Edit Signature
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”