Daniel (Lars)

✣ 2.1 Briefing at Castle Refuge on Rakis

Post by Daniel »

Castle Refuge (Rakis Prime)
111 P.A. (2398 A.D.)

Craven (Rakis Prime Nomad)
Craven (Rakis Prime Nomad)
craven (1).jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 4335 times

Craven, one of the leaders of the Rakis Nomads, smiled softly at Ducky. He was a hardened man and had lost his wife nearly a decade ago. War with the Gangers, and their high tech war machines supplied to them by that damned witch Geist. Wife and father dead in the same battle. A clan elder at 35 kept him extra busy. Well that and he kept picking war over love. The off worlder Ducky had just been too … everything to ignore and it had been a long time.

It was the day before Godsday as the leaders of the Black Company gathered to discuss taking down Geist. Craven looked around the briefing room of Castle Refuge. It was listing off to its side a little. Not a lot. Just enough to remind one that the castle had been dropped dimensionally here in the sifting sands and did not belong. The insane mechanical “air conditioning” had stopped working thankfully. Rakis apparently was too hot for the screams of the machine. The others look uncomfortable but Craven was thankful. The machine made it entirely too cold for his tastes.

Craven watched the girl Annalise walk into the room. She was thin, petite and absolutely frightening in her glittery Power Armor. They called it a Glitter Boy. Which was odd. She obviously was a woman. Regardless, the machine had been demonstrated to the Nomads. The gun it carried was … godlike. Craven made the sign of the God and apologized silently for the thought. Following her was the man, Action Stan. The movies, as he called them, that he’d shown the Nomads were very exciting. The man’s little drone bounced off a wall and for a moment Craven thought it might crash. Stabilizing it moved to the other end of the room and observed them all.

The “bird-woman” and the undead mummy, Charon and Flint came in. If Annalise was frightening, they were absolute darkness. The Nomad frowned. They were heroes. That was the Enigma that was the Black Company. Most looked like monsters. All were heroes. Hellbone, the eldest of the elders had told Charon that any Nomad that died fighting Geist was to be risen as needed. Craven hoped he would live but definitely had agreed with the statement.

Desert Mouse the Nomad Shaman and the short dwarf Hans came in. Craven made the sign to Mouse and nodded. Both didn’t seem to see him as they were so engaged in conversation. He couldn’t quite hear their hushed and excited conversation but smiled: undoubtedly they were scheming what next to craft and make a profit.

Following them was another dwarf. Female. Her ability to blow up things was not small. She packed a big boom. Several of the Nomads had practically begged her to teach them the art of demolition.

Turning to look at the rooms door, when he heard the loud steps of a golem duck into the room, he saw the mighty Wormy sitting on the golem. There was a creature that went boom. The Nomad religion was fluid. Wormy’s Mighty One, the Bay, was quickly being a real part of that religion. It had been Craven’s cousin, Kith, and Kith’s band, that had found Wormy. Kith was practically guaranteed elder status next season.

Commander Gleba of the Future Brigade came in and sat in the front. Craven rubbed his beard and wondered: normally the man took control of the meetings and ran things even though he had the least to offer in man power and such. Craven wondered if someone else was running the mission to take out Geist in her mining town Fissure. Gleba was a Shifter and had portaled all the civilians from Paragould to Newport back on Earth. Craven still had a hard time imagining a world with so much water. Maybe he’d go look at it someday.

It looked like all 6 Ley Line Walkers that once ran the now gutted Ley Line Train were here. Representing the 94 former Shock Dog Professional Soldiers was Orin the chemically enhanced warrior, something the others called a Juicer.

The leader of the off worlders, Humble, came in and took up position by Commander Gleba and looked forward at the front of the briefing room.

The Nomad took another look around.

Humble, Hans, Tula, Stan, Ducky, Charon, Wormy. All 7 core Black Company members were here. Future Brigade. Nomads. Shock Dog mercs. This was everyone he knew of. 

Craven wondered who they were waiting on.

As they waited he thought about how this coming war would forever change Rakis. Geist had been here for close to a century. Mining rock out of the ground and supplying the Gangers with weapons to kill the Nomads.

The last few years the witch Geist had started dumping things out in the desert. Things like this castle. The TW Train. Other vehicles and buildings.

Sure, the Nomads had profited from salvaging the stuff, but it had always made him wonder: what happened to the people that occupied those vehicles and buildings. Castle Refuge was big. It had to have been lived in by hundreds. Where had all the people gone?

It had been explained to the Nomads by the Black Company and the Future Brigade that Geist had stolen both of their headquarters. Castle Refuge. New Giza. A castle and a pyramid. But apparently no one knew where the Tomorrow Legion Legionnaires and Future Brigade Brigadieres were. Hundreds and hundreds of heroes. Just gone.

Craven understood that as much as he and the Nomads wanted Geist dead. Taking her alive was important. They needed to capture her to find out where she had dumped the people. It definitely was not on Rakis. The Nomad still found it incredible that she had a Rift Dominator and was able to dimensionally teleport things like the castle. Or the stolen pyramid that was now located in her mining town.

That news had angered Commander Gleba when the Nomads had told him the witch was using his organization’s dimensional pyramid as part of their town now.

Cousin Kith and Craven, with a small crew, had scouted out Fissure a few days ago.

Fissure was still a mining town. It had a tech based dimensional portal that connected to a place called Gloom on Earth. Now there was a massive d-pyramid in the center of the place.

The underground Ley Line had splintered and now ran under Fissure beneath the pyramid. Craven had met with Gleba and also had informed the brigade leader and Commander Humble that the Nomads now had close to 400 members gathered and pledged to fight Geist.

Kith had estimated the total on their side, Nomads, brigade, Black Company etc was at 500 now. They had an army of 500. Geist had close to a thousand. 2 to 1. Not the best odds but. Better than had been expected.

Cravens inner musings were interrupted when the briefing room door once more opened and a tall four armed man walked in, looked around and took up a position by the podium. He was followed by a regular sized black guy in strange green pattern clothing (camouflage) carrying a long rifle.

Walking to the podium the black man nodded to Hans and then Humble.

”Good to see you both are still around Hans, Humble.”

Commander Gleba stands up surprised. Then drops back into his seat and mutters… ”Hudson Blackwell.”

Hudson Blackwell (Speed Tribe Days)
Hudson Blackwell (Speed Tribe Days)
bw_200.png (96.81 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
Hudson (Today)
Hudson (Today)
canvas.png (90.28 KiB) Viewed 4332 times

Looking around the room the man nods at Commander Gleba when he mutters. ”Karl I’m sorry to hear about the Future Brigade members all missing. I hope we can find them. Equally I hope we can locate the Legion members. We can rebuild buildings and buy new vehicles. Finding our members is priority one.”

Pausing a moment the black man rubs his hand against his forehead and looks a little ill. Steeling himself he takes a deep breath then goes on.

”For those of you that I have not had the pleasure to meet. Hello. I am Hudson Blackwell. I had a hand in creating the Future Brigade, the Tomorrow Legion and the Black Company. Thank the Cosmic Forge for heroes like all of you banding together to go up against Victoria Geist… again… and hopefully for the last time.”

Stepping around to stand in front of the podium he sighs.

“Four hundred years ago we built the Brigade. A few years ago we built the legion. Then the company. Each has had its place in defending the innocent and stopping evil. The brigade stopped Geist’s plans about eighty years ago. The company stopped her a few years ago. The legion imprisioned her shortly after. So it’s understandable that Geist hates each of us. Although she has been a thorn in our sides she ultimately is not the one running the show. An entity controls her. She is it’s witch. Bonded. Empowered by it. But definitely controlled by it. Her, and the entity’s goal is to crack the dimensional prison the entity is in and unleash it on the Megaverse.”

Sencing Blackwell’s need the four armed Vronwar pulls a chair over to the man. Most know he is a dark scaled great horned dragon.

“Thank you.”

Hudson sits heavily. He smiles apologeticly.

“Recent scuffle with another dragon and his cadre of crimson creeps. Nevermind that. Here. Now. Geist wants what her master wants. To destroy the brigade and the legion, by extension the company. To do that the heroes have been faded out. The buildings and equipment stolen. We now know the buildings and such are here on Rakis. We need to A, get the device called a Rift Dominator away from her so we can put this castle and everything else back where it belongs and B, we need to capture Geist and get her to tell us where our friends are.”

Leaning forward in the chair Hudson Blackwell looks around the room.

“Action Stan! Haven’t seen you since our Speed Tribe days! Wow.”

Craven wonders what could have happened to weaken the dragon so. As it was explained to him, Blackwell was 900 years old and a power house. He didn’t look like it right now. Regardless, the Nomad kept quiet and listened as the dragon continued.

”I have been weakened. I will recover. We need to act now. We need to go to Fissure and stop Geist. She out numbers us I’ve been told 2 to 1. Thanks to the Rakis Nomads, the Black Company and everyone else I believe we shall win. So… Travel to Fissure. Enter the town. Get Geist. I’ll come along and help as I can but will defer ultimate command to Humble and Kaulgrim. Kaulgrim has been with me for more than a year. He is definitely a member of the Black Company.”

Pushing himself upright Hudson Blackwell smiles.

“Shall we go visit Geist and take away her toy?”

Instructions
You can interact and RP in this thread. Questions? Stuff to say? Here’s the place to do it. Post here and interact with each other. Get to know the “new” guy etc. Talk to Hudson. RP.

Continue the Story
Follow this link to continue.

viewtopic.php?p=78354#p78354

You’ll need to (all 500 of you) continue on towards Fissure. This link sends you towards that, so click away!

Kaulgrim has worked with Hudson Blackwell for a little over a year.

Just before the Vronwor joined Hudson the dragon was in a fight with another dragon. The other dragon is named Daxon Fell. Daxon Fell has on and off worked with Victoria Geist as her boss. Daxon reports to an entity called an Abraxlidone.

Hudson tried, by himself, to kill the Abraxlidone but was seriously injured by Daxon AND “cursed/injured” by the entity. Basically it’s like Hudson is always at 1 Fatigue and cannot go into dragon form.

Hudson knows how to undo the “curse” but it means returning to the Abraxlidone to do it. He wants to destroy Geist then Daxon then the entity. One at a time this time. And preferably with help. However these plans have been on hold as Hudson has spent the last year in South America using a small MERC force (The Black Company’s Spectre Group) to protect the people from Splugorth invaders.

A few weeks ago Lord Coake came to their location to talk to Hudson. Upon learning that the Legion was in trouble and missing, and Geist was behind it, Hudson left the Spectre’s under Coake’s command to protect the people still but asked Kaulgrim to come with him. Now seems to be the time to tackle the Geist, Daxon and the Abraxlidone problem.

Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Charon

Re: 2.1 Briefing at Castle Refuge on Rakis

Post by Charon »

When Hellbone offered his troops' 'Second Fight', as many of the Nomads referred to the undead state, Charon had bowed low in humble recognition of the trust it displayed. However, this was one thing that even a commander could not force upon his soldiers. And so she had gone among them, explaining that they had the permission, but it was still their choice. She distributed leather thongs to each man; any who died on the battlefield with the thong already about his neck would be brought back for the Second Fight; any who did not would be allowed to remain at peace.

Once the initial briefing ends, she clears her throat. "Pardon, but I would like one point of clarity in our goals. If Geist is able to resist capture, are we to kill her now, or let her go to be cornered again another day? While the latter would mean keeping open the possibility of regaining the Legion and the Brigade, it would also mean letting her act at large until she can be brought to heel. Faced with that choice, what are our orders?"
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
Mercy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Mercy »

Hudson looks sad. His face drops the smile. Looking at Charon he nods.

“You are indeed a wise one. That question has plagued my mind. It is my opinion that saving the legion and brigade should be number one. However if she escapes I think hundreds or thousands more will die at her hand. If Geist cannot be captured — kill her before the witch can cause more damage. We will then hunt down her boss Daxon Fell and try extracting the information we desire from him.”
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Charon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 am When Hellbone offered his troops' 'Second Fight', as many of the Nomads referred to the undead state, Charon had bowed low in humble recognition of the trust it displayed. However, this was one thing that even a commander could not force upon his soldiers. And so she had gone among them, explaining that they had the permission, but it was still their choice. She distributed leather thongs to each man; any who died on the battlefield with the thong already about his neck would be brought back for the Second Fight; any who did not would be allowed to remain at peace.
Looking at the thong he was given, Hans just hands it back.

"I'm not going to be needing that. We will find someway to get through all this."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Kaulgrim

Re: ✣ 2.1 Briefing at Castle Refuge on Rakis

Post by Kaulgrim »

The massive, 4 armed giant bows, yet still manages to tower above everyone except @Humble. "I am Kaulgrim. I lament that I haven't had the good fortune of meeting you until now, but we shall have to bond in battle. We will eat and drink our vanquished foes..." He sighs and corrects himself. "Eat and drink over our vanquished foes, and we will learn much from each other both in the crucible of battle and in the aftermath." He bows again as if to signify the completion of his introduction.
Kaulgrim
Kaulgrim
Pace: 6; Parry: 6
Toughness: 16 (5)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan, Rapid Recharge (PPE)
Current Status Post
Wormy

Post by Wormy »

Wormy patiently listens to the mission briefing. Stop the bad guys to help the good guys. It's a good plan. Wormy wriggles with excitement when Hudson tells the black company that they have a new friend.

The little zembahk whips a mental tendril out and shoots it at @Kaulgrim, 'Hello! Everyone calls me Wormy. I'm glad you're going to be our new friend.'

'Oh, and this is Jim,' Wormy adds as he pats the golem with his tail, 'Jim is pretty great. Maybe Hans can make you a new friend too?'
Wormy, Zembahk Expert Blaster Mystic
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 5(1); Toughness: 7
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be attacked and +2 to evasion when aware.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Marksman: If the caster doesn't move in a turn and activates no more than a single bolt or similar damage dealing power as her first action, she may add a +1 bonus to her Arcane Skill roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Scale, or Speed.
  • Bizarre Physiology: Zembahk physiology gives a −4 penalty to Healing checks. Compatible medical supplies/services cost quadruple listed price.
  • Champion: +2 damage vs. supernaturally evil creatures.
  • Cosmic Confluence: Freely convert between PPE and ISP for activating powers. These converted PP must be spent immediately.
  • Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold.
    In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    : Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim or Dark illumination.
  • Spiritual Awareness: Wormy senses supernatural, evil, ethereal, and energy beings, and any beings using invisibility within line of sight with Notice (Alertness applies).
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 20/20; PPE: 10/10; ISP: 34/35
Bennies: 3/3(+1Z); Conviction: 1/1
Edit Signature
Action Stan

Post by Action Stan »

Stan is at first excited by the reappearance of his friend and leader but that is dampened by the suspicious circumstances of his just showing up here and now. "It's not been so long for me boss, less than a year by my chronometer. Still, I seen some shit since then so I hope ya don't mind a little Q&A. Where were we and what were we doing when you last saw me?"
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
Mercy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Mercy »

Action Stan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:41 pm Stan is at first excited by the reappearance of his friend and leader but that is dampened by the suspicious circumstances of his just showing up here and now. "It's not been so long for me boss, less than a year by my chronometer. Still, I seen some shit since then so I hope ya don't mind a little Q&A. Where were we and what were we doing when you last saw me?"

Hudson smiles tiredly at @Action Stan

"Do I not look like your old pal Stan?"

He does in fact look like Hudson, a little older and dressed in camouflage instead of his usual black leathers.

"Granted I get it. I show up here in human form, one you know, but I am unable to resume my dragon for due to a curse I am suffering. Has to do with Daxon Fell and the entity you and I were all after in that obsidian stone and glass fortress in yet another far off dimension. Our Speed Tribe was tracking down Daxon when we came across several bizarre half human half machine creatures and engage them in battle. Several members of our Speed Tribe perished in that battle, that still hurts me, its been around a hundred years for me since that day. Anyway... on the brink of disaster only three of the tribe and I were left alive. If I had not teleported you all away by we all would have died. About that... You were not teleported back to Earth. You ended up in Wormwood. Sorry - it was just the first place I thought of."

Stepping over to Stan he waves at Clips and then offers his hand to Stan.

"I am very glad you are well. We have some catching up to do. Listen, you and the tribe were - are my most trusted. @Kaulgrim here I count as trusted as you my man."
Action Stan

Post by Action Stan »

Lars wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:57 pm
Action Stan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:41 pm Stan is at first excited by the reappearance of his friend and leader but that is dampened by the suspicious circumstances of his just showing up here and now. "It's not been so long for me boss, less than a year by my chronometer. Still, I seen some shit since then so I hope ya don't mind a little Q&A. Where were we and what were we doing when you last saw me?"

Hudson smiles tiredly at Action Stan.

"Do I not look like your old pal Stan? Granted I get it. I show up here in human form, one you know, but I am unable to resume my dragon for due to a curse I am suffering. Has to do with Daxon Fell and the entity you and I were all after in that obsidian stone and glass fortress in yet another far off dimension. Our Speed Tribe was tracking down Daxon when we came across several bizarre half human half machine creatures and engage them in battle. Several members of our Speed Tribe perished in that battle, that still hurts me, its been around a hundred years for me since that day. Anyway... on the brink of disaster only three of the tribe and I were left alive. If I had not teleported you all away by we all would have died. About that... You were not teleported back to Earth. You ended up in Wormwood. Sorry - it was just the first place I thought of."

Stepping over to Stan he waves at Clips and then offers his hand to Stan.

"I am very glad you are well. We have some catching up to do. Listen, you and the tribe were - are my most trusted. Kaulgrim here I count as trusted as you my man."
Stan accepts the offered and and claps in with both of his. "No offense meant boss, shit has just been kinda weird. Seen things that could mimic a persons best friends in the Wormwood place and once I got back here... well it looks like we were betrayed by a Cyberknight! I mean seriously, what did they start doing shit like that? It's great to have you back. I don't fault ya for where I landed. Even knowing fuck all about magic I could tell that was rough just getting us out.
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 2/3 1 Zombie Benny
Mercy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Mercy »

Hudson makes a point of making his way around the room to talk with each member of the Black Company. Spending a few minutes with each.

“You have definitely been busy. I was interested to see if you were anything like the old Special Operations Group 8. Soggy Eight. Humble and Hans were in that group. Lord Coake found me and told me he got Deadheart - that’s what I’m calling Sir Redheart the Traitor - to start up a new group of special ops - you all - to go after Geist. The old team… They were the small team that took care of the biggest problems. Now you guys act as a new version of that. Specialist. Trouble shooters that have the hardest job, wiping the nose of the Legion and keeping their image clean, while making a hefty buck.”

Hudson frown and looks troubled.

“Stopping Geist here. Now. This big battle coming. I might have an idea on how to give you a little advantage in the fight. As you, and the Army of the Black Company, wage battle here I think I could get another team of heroes I know to attack Fissure from the inside. More on that in a moment.”

Returning to the front of the briefing room the dragon in human guise addressed the room.

“Two things. One. Deadheart is under the sway of Daxon Fell and the Entity he works for. When I say you were a trap that doesn’t diminish how incredible you are. Anything less than you all and I would not have come here. Dumbheart knew that. He set up a perfect team. You all. Knew I’d come to you. But. I’m not staying. If I do I think the Crimson Guard and Sir Rednose will come here and join the battle. I’m leaving to pull his attention off of this battlefield. However, that brings me to Two. I have had Lord Coake gathering up a handful of Legion members that didn’t go missing. A few that happened to not fall under Geist’s eyes and were not at the Castle. They either moved on from the Legion or were out on far off Legion missions. Whatever reason these individuals do or have worked for the Legion. Coake is gathering them. I’ll go make sure they’re ready. Then I’ll keep Daxon and his damned crew of evildoers on me and off you all. Before you say anything Kaulgrim — no you are not going anywhere. Stay here. Help here. Trust me, all of you, I can handle a little chase with Turdheart…. I should stick with one name for Deadheart… anyway I’ll be back.”

Looking around the room Hudson smiles.

“Long term. I’ve got some big scores you could pull. But for now. Get Geist. Get her device. Commander Gleba. I’d appreciate it if you let the Black Company handle leading this fight. As you are a Shifter, I’d appreciate it if you came with me.”

Breathing deep he continues: “Black Company, I trust you with this. I’ll make sure that while you are battling this massive battle, Coake and his Legionnaires strike. See. In Fissure there is the Future Brigades dimensional pyramid yes. But also the tech based portal that goes from here to Gloom. Sir Coake and company will infiltrate Gloom, access the portal there, pop right into Fissure and strike.”

Out of Character Information

So you carry on and get to Fissure. Again, that’s here: viewtopic.php?p=78354#p78354

Once there, you conduct the Mass Battle there.

Each side in a Mass Battle gets assigned Tokens based on many things. One thing is size of Army vs Size of Army.
I will assign 1 Extra Token to your side because of the Legion Strike Team.

What I am suggesting is each of you pick one character that you used to play. As far as I can tell you each have a player character that is on hold or hiatus or retired. (If not talk to me).

Each of you will gather with Lord Coake and have a little adventure while this adventure is happening.

That means a short term mini game. Use the character as they are. You might each be different Ranks etc. That’s fine. (Well. Maybe pick any character except if they were in Robs Legendary Game lol).

I’ll set up a “crossover” thread here: viewtopic.php?f=324&t=6759

Then while the Black Company is getting to and then conducting the Mass Battle your Legion Strike Team will do the mini adventure.

Now, I’d love to run this all simultaneously. But. I know that’s a lot of work for everyone. So. If we need to finish the current action (the sand worm fight) and have you all arrive at Fissure — then do Legion Strike — then return to the Mass Battle that’s ok.

This is a way to return to one of your old characters and play them with other characters that you probably never played together while doing a mini adventure.

Questions or concerns please ask me. Here is ok. Or Discord.

I’m just trying to do something new and fun.
Kaulgrim

Post by Kaulgrim »

The giant grins at the zembahk. He reaches a hand out to grasp the telekinetic tentacle, apparently with no issue in seeing the phantasmal phalange. "It is an honor, @Wormy. I have heard some tales of your explosive exploits." He regards the golem with some interest. "That is some craftsmanship. Reminiscent of the automatons of Dweomer. @Hans Greuber is skilled indeed." He turns to the dwarf crafter. "Where did you say you studied the craft?"
Kaulgrim
Kaulgrim
Pace: 6; Parry: 6
Toughness: 16 (5)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan, Rapid Recharge (PPE)
Current Status Post
Wormy

Post by Wormy »

Kaulgrim wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:58 pm The giant grins at the zembahk. He reaches a hand out to grasp the telekinetic tentacle, apparently with no issue in seeing the phantasmal phalange. "It is an honor, @Wormy. I have heard some tales of your explosive exploits." He regards the golem with some interest. "That is some craftsmanship. Reminiscent of the automatons of Dweomer. @Hans Greuber is skilled indeed." He turns to the dwarf crafter. "Where did you say you studied the craft?"
Wormy feels slightly awkward, speaking into one of the big man's four hands. No one has ever tried to grasp his telepathic link in hand before today. Telepathy doesn't actually work that way, and Wormy knows it, but @Kaulgrim is a being Wormy isn't familiar with. Perhaps there is some meaning in talking to his hand?

Focusing his one eye intently upon following Kaulgrim's hand, Wormy responds, 'Yes! I strive to bring glory to the Great One, the Mighty Michael Bay. Using my body as His conduit, He allows me to manifest His righteous power. With Him watching over us, we have nothing to fear. We also have an army led by highly capable specialists and leaders. The Mighty One lends us his power, but we must always remember that our own blessings are not insignificant. We honor the Mighty One in this way, too.'
Wormy, Zembahk Expert Blaster Mystic
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 5(1); Toughness: 7
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be attacked and +2 to evasion when aware.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Marksman: If the caster doesn't move in a turn and activates no more than a single bolt or similar damage dealing power as her first action, she may add a +1 bonus to her Arcane Skill roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Scale, or Speed.
  • Bizarre Physiology: Zembahk physiology gives a −4 penalty to Healing checks. Compatible medical supplies/services cost quadruple listed price.
  • Champion: +2 damage vs. supernaturally evil creatures.
  • Cosmic Confluence: Freely convert between PPE and ISP for activating powers. These converted PP must be spent immediately.
  • Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold.
    In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    : Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim or Dark illumination.
  • Spiritual Awareness: Wormy senses supernatural, evil, ethereal, and energy beings, and any beings using invisibility within line of sight with Notice (Alertness applies).
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 20/20; PPE: 10/10; ISP: 34/35
Bennies: 3/3(+1Z); Conviction: 1/1
Edit Signature
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Kaulgrim wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:58 pm The giant grins at the zembahk. He reaches a hand out to grasp the telekinetic tentacle, apparently with no issue in seeing the phantasmal phalange. "It is an honor, @Wormy. I have heard some tales of your explosive exploits." He regards the golem with some interest. "That is some craftsmanship. Reminiscent of the automatons of Dweomer. @Hans Greuber is skilled indeed." He turns to the dwarf crafter. "Where did you say you studied the craft?"
"I just came up with some inspiration. My magical nanites animate and repairs the clay. I learned my Techno-Wizard skills from my Father. His magic works differently than mine, but we both get similar enough results. He just helped understand how my magic works and control it."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky grinned at Han’s mention of nanites, “Like that sounds super awesome Hans! Nanites are so wizard.”
She summoned her sword, armor, and will to succeed. She didn’t know this Hudson, but Readheart a traitor…. Barf bag! “Ready. Like so ready. But like we give full quarter to Readheart. He like probably like deep cover or mind controlled, blah blah.”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

With so much conversation happening at once Humble does his best to follow along. However as Charon puts out the offer, Humble is one of the first to step forward. Putting the leather thong on Humble nods to her. "I do not know if it will work. When I die, I always come back. But your magic works I will fight again."

Then chuckling he says. "Of course, I will not have a heart by then." Nodding towards his new friend he finishes. "He promised to eat it. I hope that will not stop your magic."

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Charon

Post by Charon »

Charon considers Humble's point. "I hope we do not have to learn the truth of the matter, but if it comes to that, my friend, I shall make certain that your second fight is as formidable as your first." Pragmatically, she does consider the possibility of Mummifying the Commander.
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)

Return to “Adventure Archives”