Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post Reply
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GAMEMASTER
Contact:

Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Lars »


This is an RP area for the Black Company.


Rifts Arkansas Map of the area around/near Castle Refuge

Castle Refuge, Garnet Town, Paragould, and Glimmer Valley are from the settings adventure books. Respectively, they are are a castle town, a village/small town, a city, and a magical valley. With the exception of Fort El Dorado, which is a fort, and Monticello's Roost, which is a dragon's keep, the rest of the settlements are encampments, towns, or villages.

Image

Our game starts in Newport. Sir Redheart gathers you all in a run down cheap, quiet and secluded bar called Moderation*. Gather and RP.

Basically you’ve gathered here and have not gone to the castle yet or started the actual plot of our game but until then you can hang out here and role-play eventually when we start a Sir Redheart will join you and will get some RP with that going


* Freemage earned everyone a bennie!! In Discord.
Get to know each other here until the game starts.

Basically the bar has been rented out for you only. Sir Redheart will be there at some point but not here yet. All you know in character is something big, something bad happened. No idea what. But 50 k to just come have drinks and sign on. That’s a no brainer.
GM of The Black Company: Lars
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Player Character — Mercy Six
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Humble »

Bending down to slide into the bar Humble was glad to see they had enough experience with large beings that he could join the others rather than being forced to wait outside. Looking over to his friend of decades who only met him a couple days ago Humble asks. "@Hans Greuber do you know any of the others we are to meet here?"

Humble had stowed his equipment to ensure that he would not intimidate the nice people of this town. No need to get people nervous, well any more nervous. People did always seem nervous around him anyways. Speaking as quietly and respectfully as he could Humble asked the waiter that came to them. "Is there somewhere I will not damage things while I eat?"

The waiter acting as if monsters stroll through town every day did not even seem put off. "Sure, those tables over there are frequented by a group of Rahumen and their cyborg friend. They will be more than capable of handling you. Just sit on the floor cushions." Then after seeing to it they had drinks the waiter headed off.

As the others gathered Humble looked around to the faces, some old and others new. Offering his hand he introduced himself. "Humble. It is good to meet new friends. I am a warrior, what is your trade?" He says.
User avatar
Wormy
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Wormy »

Wormy waits outside the bar watching strangely shaped sapients walk hither and yonder with their assortment of limbs. He isn't people watching, although he is, so much as waiting for someone to open the Moderation's front door. Wormy's tail is dexterous enough to handle most tasks, but this door was too poorly designed for the limbless to operate.

He quickly slithers in behind the next patron and looks around the bar with his one eye. Then he suddenly stops when he sees @Humble. A crackle of small explosions go off around his head as a mental tendril slithers out to touch the huge man's mind.

'Humble! It's so good to see you!' Wormy mentally exclaims as he wriggles frantically over to his once-travelling companion, 'What are you doing here?'

The Zembahk slithers up Humble and wraps himself around the man's big, meaty neck. Once in his customary place, Wormy rubs his head against Humble's. Wormy was obviously pleased to see a friendly face.

Then Wormy notices Hans and another mental tendril snakes out towards the dwarf's mind, 'I'm happy to see you too, @Hans Greuber. I should have known you would be here with Humble!'

'A kindly human gave me a stick and asked me to help him with an important task. I didn't want to be rude, so I took the little stick and put it in my pouch. I would have helped him anyhow, though. The Mighty One sent me visions suggesting that this Sir Redheart would need my help during my meditation,' he explains to his friends.
Wormy, Zembahk Expert Blaster Mystic
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 5(1); Toughness: 7
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be attacked and +2 to evasion when aware.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Marksman: If the caster doesn't move in a turn and activates no more than a single bolt or similar damage dealing power as her first action, she may add a +1 bonus to her Arcane Skill roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Scale, or Speed.
  • Bizarre Physiology: Zembahk physiology gives a −4 penalty to Healing checks. Compatible medical supplies/services cost quadruple listed price.
  • Champion: +2 damage vs. supernaturally evil creatures.
  • Cosmic Confluence: Freely convert between PPE and ISP for activating powers. These converted PP must be spent immediately.
  • Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold.
    In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    : Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim or Dark illumination.
  • Spiritual Awareness: Wormy senses supernatural, evil, ethereal, and energy beings, and any beings using invisibility within line of sight with Notice (Alertness applies).
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 2/2
PPE: 20/20; PPE: 10/10; ISP: 25/25
Bennies: 5/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Action Stan »

The door to Moderation opens but instead of a patron entering a small floating camera drone glides in before the door shuts. It pans back and forth a bit as though confused then turns to focus its lenses on the rest room door.


The front door opens again and a human looking to be in his 20's enters with an annoyed look on his face. "Always with the bathroom doors, are you some kind of deviant or something Clips? You're supposed to focus on the bars entrance. You know the door you just came in through.... So you can film my entrance."
Action Stan.jpg

The drones cameras dip as if in shame then it orients itself to the entrance. "Well now it's too late. We lost everyone's first blush reaction and..."
The film making, heavily armed humans eyes settle on Wormy. "Wormy?! Hoe-Lee shitballs! When you wriggled down that hole and I stopped hearing booms I thought you bought it. Gave it a couple minuets to be sure then tossed every grenade I had down after to get whatever killed you. Soo, you're on this job. Awesome." He exclaims while rushing to the table.

Clips, showing a rare grasp of the situation actually turns to get a shot of the reunion.
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Humble »

Humble smiles when he sees the creature. His mind racing as fast as it could be failed to remember its name, as all that came to mind was an insult Worms, Wormy, Wormo...

Not wanting to insult the it he ties to appear as respectful as possible. "Hello little guy. We were asked here as well, and @Hans said it was a good thing. So we are going to help as well."

"I hate to do this, but I forgot your name and don't want to insult you."
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Humble »

Seeing the man with the drone join then Humble tries to remember him. Then offering his hand he is careful not to hurt the human. "I am Humble, what is your name? he says. The man must be a grsat warrior to be sent to work with them.
User avatar
Wormy
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Wormy »

Humble wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:56 pm Humble smiles when he sees the creature. His mind racing as fast as it could be failed to remember its name, as all that came to mind was an insult Worms, Wormy, Wormo...

Not wanting to insult the it he ties to appear as respectful as possible. "Hello little guy. We were asked here as well, and @Hans Greuber said it was a good thing. So we are going to help as well."

"I hate to do this, but I forgot your name and don't want to insult you."
Wormy angles his head away from @Humble a bit and looks at the huge man for a moment before answering, 'I don't know, Humble. The great and Mighty Bay didn't see fit to tell me, and if it wasn't important enough to tell me, then it must not be important enough to ask. I woke up in a debris field with my very first friend, and she called me Wormy. Wormy is good enough.'
Action Stan wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 am The film making, heavily armed humans eyes settle on Wormy. "Wormy?! Hoe-Lee shitballs! When you wriggled down that hole and I stopped hearing booms I thought you bought it. Gave it a couple minuets to be sure then tossed every grenade I had down after to get whatever killed you. Soo, you're on this job. Awesome." He exclaims while rushing to the table.

Clips, showing a rare grasp of the situation actually turns to get a shot of the reunion.
Any further reliving of the past is interrupted by @Action Stan. Wormy's eye whips around to look at the man calling his name. Unfortunately for Humble, another round of sparks pop off around the Zembahk's head as his excitement gets the best of him.

Another mental tendril whips out and smacks Stan's mind, a little more abruptly than Wormy intended in his excitement, 'Stan! Thank you so much for helping me in Wormwood. That little demon I followed down the hole wasn't terribly dangerous. The problem was it had a portal to another world down there! That's why we could never catch the wily spawn. I never did get to finish it off.'
Humble wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:58 pm Seeing the man with the drone join then Humble tries to remember him. Then offering his hand he is careful not to hurt the human. "I am Humble, what is your name? he says. The man must be a grsat warrior to be sent to work with them.
Wormy beckons Action Stan over with his tail as he explains to Humble who he's dealing with, 'This is one of the holiest men I've ever met, and he once guided me when I was lost. He even taught me the tenets of my faith and regaled me with the heroic feats of the Mighty One, Michael Bay. A truly great man, and if he is to join our quest then we are all but assured victory.'
Wormy, Zembahk Expert Blaster Mystic
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 5(1); Toughness: 7
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be attacked and +2 to evasion when aware.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Marksman: If the caster doesn't move in a turn and activates no more than a single bolt or similar damage dealing power as her first action, she may add a +1 bonus to her Arcane Skill roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Scale, or Speed.
  • Bizarre Physiology: Zembahk physiology gives a −4 penalty to Healing checks. Compatible medical supplies/services cost quadruple listed price.
  • Champion: +2 damage vs. supernaturally evil creatures.
  • Cosmic Confluence: Freely convert between PPE and ISP for activating powers. These converted PP must be spent immediately.
  • Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold.
    In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    : Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim or Dark illumination.
  • Spiritual Awareness: Wormy senses supernatural, evil, ethereal, and energy beings, and any beings using invisibility within line of sight with Notice (Alertness applies).
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 2/2
PPE: 20/20; PPE: 10/10; ISP: 25/25
Bennies: 5/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Humble »

Humble listens as @Wormy explains who @Action Stan is and his god Michael Bay. "Is this a great hero, or a minor ocean god? Did he have great stories you can tell us? We can sing them and pass them on." Humble ssks curious. He has been to many dimensions, but never heard of this Michael.
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Action Stan »

Wormy wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:01 pm
Wormy beckons Action Stan over with his tail as he explains to Humble who he's dealing with, 'This is one of the holiest men I've ever met, and he once guided me when I was lost. He even taught me the tenets of my faith and regaled me with the heroic feats of the Mighty One, Michael Bay. A truly great man, and if he is to join our quest then we are all but assured victory.'
Ndreare wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:44 pm Humble listens as @Wormy explains who @Action Stan is and his god Michael Bay. "Is this a great hero, or a minor ocean god? Did he have great stories you can tell us? We can sing them and pass them on." Humble ssks curious. He has been to many dimensions, but never heard of this Michael.
The young gunman looks a bit embarrassed, "I'm not, like, Holy holy. No smiting stuff or healing the sick. I just have a mission. Fight the good fight, do cool shit, and make movies to inspire others to do the same. I am Action Stan and I'm real glad you're a fellow protagonist and not the local tough who starts the inevitable first act brawl with the heroes." As he shakes hands with the seated goliath before him Stan motions with his chin to the drone to zoom in on the difference.

He pulls a laptop from his pack. "I do have the First Parable of the Transformers on here. Salvaged it from the ruins of an ancient temple of knowledge in the Dallas ruins called BlockBuster. It is a couple of hours long but we can pause if others arrive."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Charon »

Partway through the First Parable, a Lyn-Srial in heavily customized armor decorated in very colorful skull motifs; the clash of cheerful pastels and morbid skeletal images makes for a sharp contrast, at least. She bears a long staff made of some single bone, intricately carved, in one hand, and speaks briefly with the bartender. She nods as he points to the table claimed by the Black Company, her brows raising a bit in surprise at the sight of the Zhembakh, but she shrugs and heads over to sit with them.

Upon her arrival being acknowledged, she dips her head in a nod, and smiles, speaking in a low, husky tone. "Hello. I am Charon. The Techno-Wizard Hans, who modified my armor, told me of a gathering of powerful warriors seeking glory and credits; I admitted I am not averse to either, and he suggested I might find myself in suitable company by joining you."
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Hans Greuber »

Making Gadgets
Healing Gadget (Novice)
  • Techno-Wizard (d12)
    • TW: 1d12!!: [5] = 5
      Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
      Result: 5 - Success. 10 PPE Healing Gadget
Blast Gadget (Seasoned)
  • Techno-Wizardry (d12-1)
    • TW: 1d12!!-1!!: [4]-1 = 3
      Wild: 1d6!!-1!!: [1]-1 = 0
      • Reroll
        • TW: 1d12!!-1!!: [1]-1 = 0
          Wild: 1d6!!-1!!: [1]-1 = 0
      Result: 0 - Crit Failure!!!
Teleport Gadget (Seasoned)
  • Techno-Wizardry (d12-1)
    • TW: 1d12!!-1!!: [4]-1 = 3
      Wild: 1d6!!-1!!: [3]-1 = 2
      • Reroll
        • TW: 1d12!!-1!!: [3]-1 = 2
          Wild: 1d6!!-1!!: [5]-1 = 4
      Result: 4 - Success. 10 PPE Teleport Gadget
"Ummm... sorry... I was a bit inside my own head there working my way through some schematics. Now @Humble I was talking to Charon over here after I converted his armor for him. I do believe this Black Company is a good thing for you to have battle, and for us to get Credits."

"Now @Wormy Nice to see you too. I have some possible ideas for a Golem for you to ride on or even in... sorta. We just need to get the Credits together for the Enchanted Heart and then just some time. It shouldn't take more than a day or two I think to put it all together once we get the Credits. Depending on how bad the markup in town is for getting a Major Enchanted item, we may be able to start it sooner rather than later."

"Now @Action Stan, from what I can see, that just seems to be a laser etched metal foil etched disk. I can probably rig up something to transfer it to a more portable and resilient medium in time. That will be easy if you can let me see the setup you have to play it."

"@Charon I am glad you could join us. Over the next few months, I should be able to make that armor of yours a bit more useful. I have a few ideas that I will want to talk to you about... once we get some more credits, that is."

"Now does anyone have any details on what job this 'Sir Redheart' "has for us that he is willing to pay 50,000 credits to each of us just to show up and talk to him?
Hans Greuber

PPE: 6 / 20 (6 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 3 /6
Created Gadgets:
Healing (10 PPE)
Teleport (10 PPE)

Armor: TW Salvaging Armor, Armored Overcoat
Bennies: 3 / 3
Base Amount
+1 due Soren
-1 for Gargamel Summon
+1 for Interlude
-2 for Rerolling Gadget creation
+1 for Remaining Strong

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048
User avatar
Wormy
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Wormy »

Charon wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:58 pm Partway through the First Parable, a Lyn-Srial in heavily customized armor decorated in very colorful skull motifs; the clash of cheerful pastels and morbid skeletal images makes for a sharp contrast, at least. She bears a long staff made of some single bone, intricately carved, in one hand, and speaks briefly with the bartender. She nods as he points to the table claimed by the Black Company, her brows raising a bit in surprise at the sight of the Zhembakh, but she shrugs and heads over to sit with them.

Upon her arrival being acknowledged, she dips her head in a nod, and smiles, speaking in a low, husky tone. "Hello. I am Charon. The Techno-Wizard Hans, who modified my armor, told me of a gathering of powerful warriors seeking glory and credits; I admitted I am not averse to either, and he suggested I might find myself in suitable company by joining you."
Wormy is thoroughly enjoying the First Parable when the four armed bird-person walks into the bar. It was not until @Charon walks over and introduces herself that Wormy takes her in with his eye. He immediately squirms around Humbles neck so that he's peeking at her with Humble between them.

He tentatively sends out another telepathic tendril, gently touching her mind in a way almost like mentally knocking on a door, 'Hello, Charon. @Action Stan told me how the "early bird gets the worm." I hope we can be friends, if you come in peace, but if you're hungry you will find I am not an easy meal!'
Hans Greuber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm "Now Wormy Nice to see you too. I have some possible ideas for a Golem for you to ride on or even in... sorta. We just need to get the Credits together for the Enchanted Heart and then just some time. It shouldn't take more than a day or two I think to put it all together once we get the Credits. Depending on how bad the markup in town is for getting a Major Enchanted item, we may be able to start it sooner rather than later."

"Now Action Stan, from what I can see, that just seems to be a laser etched metal foil etched disk. I can probably rig up something to transfer it to a more portable and resilient medium in time. That will be easy if you can let me see the setup you have to play it."

"Now does anyone have any details on what job this 'Sir Redheart' "has for us that he is willing to pay 50,000 credits to each of us just to show up and talk to him?[/b]
A mental chirp echoes across the web of linked minds as Wormy responds to @Hans Greuber, 'Oh, wow! That sounds fun. You're making me a magic friend? Let me know if I can help!'

His attention quickly drifts back to the First Parable until Han's speaks about their mission, 'I'm not sure, Hans, but I can say it must be important. The Mighty One has guided my path since my awakening, and the visions he has sent recently are clear - I must give the Readheart my aid.'

The moment of seriousness fades as an impressive explosion is shown on the screen and Wormy becomes completely engrossed once more.
Wormy, Zembahk Expert Blaster Mystic
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 5(1); Toughness: 7
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be attacked and +2 to evasion when aware.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Marksman: If the caster doesn't move in a turn and activates no more than a single bolt or similar damage dealing power as her first action, she may add a +1 bonus to her Arcane Skill roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Scale, or Speed.
  • Bizarre Physiology: Zembahk physiology gives a −4 penalty to Healing checks. Compatible medical supplies/services cost quadruple listed price.
  • Champion: +2 damage vs. supernaturally evil creatures.
  • Cosmic Confluence: Freely convert between PPE and ISP for activating powers. These converted PP must be spent immediately.
  • Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold.
    In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    : Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim or Dark illumination.
  • Spiritual Awareness: Wormy senses supernatural, evil, ethereal, and energy beings, and any beings using invisibility within line of sight with Notice (Alertness applies).
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 2/2
PPE: 20/20; PPE: 10/10; ISP: 25/25
Bennies: 5/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Action Stan »

Wormy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:59 pm
He tentatively sends out another telepathic tendril, gently touching her mind in a way almost like mentally knocking on a door, 'Hello, Charon. @Action Stan told me how the "early bird gets the worm." I hope we can be friends, if you come in peace, but if you're hungry you will find I am not an easy meal!'

Suppressing a chuckle at the literal interpretation of the adage, Stan speaks up. "Don't worry bud, she looks more like a night owl than an early bird, probably doesn't even eat worms. Hi @Charon good to meet you, I'm Action Stan, that's Wormy."
Hans Greuber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm

"Now Action Stan, from what I can see, that just seems to be a laser etched metal foil etched disk. I can probably rig up something to transfer it to a more portable and resilient medium in time. That will be easy if you can let me see the setup you have to play it."


"Now does anyone have any details on what job this 'Sir Redheart' "has for us that he is willing to pay 50,000 credits to each of us just to show up and talk to him?[/b]
Stan perks up and slides his field comp and a connected piece of pre cataclysm tech over to Hans. "Sweet. As you can see I've jury rigged a data transfer to this ancient disk player. I patched together a reader on my field comp that can play it but I can't record it or store it in any retrievable fashion."

"I don't have any hard deets on the job, but Coake himself is out looking for Hudson Blackwell, the guy that founded this merry band we're here to revive.. Oh wait that is a deet huh. Yeah so Hudson Blackwell, badass dude and wicked nice boss formed The Black Company to do dirty jobs for some guys called the Yesterday Corp.. no that's not it... Tomorrow Legion, that's it. I'm guessing they did some too but I dunno, I was stuck in a hell dimension." His disappointment at missing the fun is palpable. "It seems like it's needed again though."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Hans Greuber »

Wormy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:59 pm
Hans Greuber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm "Now Wormy Nice to see you too. I have some possible ideas for a Golem for you to ride on or even in... sorta. We just need to get the Credits together for the Enchanted Heart and then just some time. It shouldn't take more than a day or two I think to put it all together once we get the Credits. Depending on how bad the markup in town is for getting a Major Enchanted item, we may be able to start it sooner rather than later."

"Now Action Stan, from what I can see, that just seems to be a laser etched metal foil etched disk. I can probably rig up something to transfer it to a more portable and resilient medium in time. That will be easy if you can let me see the setup you have to play it."

"Now does anyone have any details on what job this 'Sir Redheart' "has for us that he is willing to pay 50,000 credits to each of us just to show up and talk to him?[/b]
A mental chirp echoes across the web of linked minds as Wormy responds to @Hans Greuber, 'Oh, wow! That sounds fun. You're making me a magic friend? Let me know if I can help!'
"Well, if you give me your 50,000 credits from this meetup, and I can led you some more... up to my 50,000 from this meetup. I will see if that 100,000 credits is enough to buy the
Base Item: Iron Heart (2000 Credits) Minor Upgrades: 2x 5 PPE (2x10k); Major Upgrade: Power - Summon Ally (Novice) (40k). Total Creation Cost: 62k Credits
and the 2500 Credits worth of Ceremonial Reagents... this is assuming we can find someone in town who can make it for us, and that we have time to wait for him to do so before we
7d6 Days plus the time to craft the Iron Heart
. We shall see once we talk to this Sir Redheart and see the timeframe."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 6 / 20 (6 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 3 /6
Created Gadgets:
Healing (10 PPE)
Teleport (10 PPE)

Armor: TW Salvaging Armor, Armored Overcoat
Bennies: 3 / 3
Base Amount
+1 due Soren
-1 for Gargamel Summon
+1 for Interlude
-2 for Rerolling Gadget creation
+1 for Remaining Strong

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Humble »

Humble had no idea about what the job was. Obviously if he was here there was something they needed broken. Maybe some guys in power armor or some of those strange giant bugs that keep showing up on various worlds. Then as Hans starts chatting about getting some funds from Wormy Humble finds himself laughing a deep belly chuckle. "@Hans Greuber likes to help with the money. But he makes sure we are taken care of with nice gear."
Softly bumping his should Humble finishes. "Your never one to miss an opportunity to work on toys are you @Hans Greuber." The words obviously more statement than question.
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Hans Greuber »

Humble wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:24 pm Humble had no idea about what the job was. Obviously if he was here there was something they needed broken. Maybe some guys in power armor or some of those strange giant bugs that keep showing up on various worlds. Then as Hans starts chatting about getting some funds from Wormy Humble finds himself laughing a deep belly chuckle. "@Hans Greuber likes to help with the money. But he makes sure we are taken care of with nice gear."
Softly bumping his should Humble finishes. "Your never one to miss an opportunity to work on toys are you @Hans Greuber." The words obviously more statement than question.
"I do like crafting and modifying devices... it is one of the ways I can contribute to our overall effectiveness. Now as for 'helping with the money', I would NEVER take advantage of someone I am going to go into a fight with at my side... too many opportunities for 'friendly fire' opportunities, heh. Any Credits anyone gives to me to use, I will keep a strict accounting of and make sure you get your credits worth. The only way I could see any bad feelings is if any of the parts are
aka... I roll a critical botch on the roll... otherwise I will at least get a base success
"
Hans Greuber

PPE: 6 / 20 (6 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 3 /6
Created Gadgets:
Healing (10 PPE)
Teleport (10 PPE)

Armor: TW Salvaging Armor, Armored Overcoat
Bennies: 3 / 3
Base Amount
+1 due Soren
-1 for Gargamel Summon
+1 for Interlude
-2 for Rerolling Gadget creation
+1 for Remaining Strong

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048
User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Gray »

A tall man with an average build walks in. His face is so boring that you instantly forget it. He heads over to the bar and gets a cranberry juice, heads toward the others.

"Hello." he says, with a little wave. "I'm Gary."

There is a momentary awkward silence as some anticipate he might have more to say, but he does not.
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Action Stan »

Gray wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:33 pm A tall man with an average build walks in. His face is so boring that you instantly forget it. He heads over to the bar and gets a cranberry juice, heads toward the others.

"Hello." he says, with a little wave. "I'm Gary."

There is a momentary awkward silence as some anticipate he might have more to say, but he does not.
"..Um Hey, Gary. I'm Action Stan, good to m..." Stans voice trails off as he notices what his camera is doing. "Seriously? Now?" He exasperatedly exclaims as Clips spins like a top tracking a blade on the ceiling fan directly above itself. "A new team member shows up and you're dicking around?"

Looking back to Gary, "I don't suppose you could.." He glances vaguely towards the bar but stops. "Nah, nevermind. Good to meet you Gary."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Wormy
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Wormy »

Hans Greuber wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:57 am "Well, if you give me your 50,000 credits from this meetup, and I can led you some more... up to my 50,000 from this meetup. I will see if that 100,000 credits is enough to buy the
Base Item: Iron Heart (2000 Credits) Minor Upgrades: 2x 5 PPE (2x10k); Major Upgrade: Power - Summon Ally (Novice) (40k). Total Creation Cost: 62k Credits
and the 2500 Credits worth of Ceremonial Reagents... this is assuming we can find someone in town who can make it for us, and that we have time to wait for him to do so before we
7d6 Days plus the time to craft the Iron Heart
. We shall see once we talk to this Sir Redheart and see the timeframe."
Wormy cocks his little Zembahk head, considering @Hans Greuber's words, 'Fifty thousand..? I'm sorry, Hans, I don't think I can count that much. I'm not very smart like you. I dont have many things either. The universe provides me with all the energy I need to survive, and the Mighty One guides me spiritually. All I have is my bag, one of the Mighty One's relics, and this stick Sir Redheart gave me...Oh, is that what you want?'

Wormy reaches his tail into the little pouch strapped around his "neck" and pulls out the little thumb-sized black stick Sir Readheart gave him, 'Here! If it helps, you can have it. I don't need this fifty thousand credit.'
Gray wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:33 pm A tall man with an average build walks in. His face is so boring that you instantly forget it. He heads over to the bar and gets a cranberry juice, heads toward the others.

"Hello." he says, with a little wave. "I'm Gary."

There is a momentary awkward silence as some anticipate he might have more to say, but he does not.
Once again, Wormy reaches out with a mental tendril and gently touches @Gray's mind to form a telepathic connection, 'Hello, Gary! I'm Wormy. Are you here to help the Redheart?'

Wormy peeks over Humble's head, still keeping it between himself and the quiet bird-woman @Charon. The little Zembahk likely looks almost like some sort of grotesque bio-wizardry enhancement to Humble from Gray's point of view. Wormy loves meeting new people, and he hopes Gray will be another new friend.
Wormy, Zembahk Expert Blaster Mystic
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 5(1); Toughness: 7
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be attacked and +2 to evasion when aware.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Marksman: If the caster doesn't move in a turn and activates no more than a single bolt or similar damage dealing power as her first action, she may add a +1 bonus to her Arcane Skill roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Scale, or Speed.
  • Bizarre Physiology: Zembahk physiology gives a −4 penalty to Healing checks. Compatible medical supplies/services cost quadruple listed price.
  • Champion: +2 damage vs. supernaturally evil creatures.
  • Cosmic Confluence: Freely convert between PPE and ISP for activating powers. These converted PP must be spent immediately.
  • Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold.
    In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    : Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim or Dark illumination.
  • Spiritual Awareness: Wormy senses supernatural, evil, ethereal, and energy beings, and any beings using invisibility within line of sight with Notice (Alertness applies).
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 2/2
PPE: 20/20; PPE: 10/10; ISP: 25/25
Bennies: 5/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Charon »

Charon is clearly bemused at the conversation that unfolds after her arrival. She struggles a bit to keep up, particularly adjusting to the sensation of the slug's 'voice' in her head. "A pleasure to meet you all..." She tilts her head at @Wormy . "I assure you, I have no interest in, ah, consuming you."

Turning to @Hans Greuber , she chuckles. "I look forward to seeing what marvels you can work upon the armor, then; it is already everything you promised--well worth the time our bank-roller has paid for, here. I fear I know nothing of the task we are being asked to perform, but reviving a lost company might very well be an intriguing notion for me."

She offers one of her four hands to Action Stan in greeting when he performs introductions for himself and Wormy. "What purpose does the drone serve, if I may ask?"

She cannot help but eye the colossal form of @Humble , an immediate speculative train leaving the station. What a magnificent specimen! I wonder if he would agree to a pact. He would make a titanic force as zombie! Shaking off such thoughts for the time being--it might be considered gauche to raise the subject of their demise on first meeting--she turns as @Gray gives his own, low-key introduction.

"Hello. I am Charon." His flat greeting leaves her little to work with, so she turns her attention back to the group's ongoing discussions.
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Humble »

Humble looks like it may be taking him a little more effort than most to keep up with the conversation. But when @Hans Greuber interprets his comments as an insult he shakes his head. "No Hans, am only saying you like toys. I do not think you are cheating us." He hopes Hans does not think he was calling him a thief, Humble would not hang out with a thief for so long.

Nodding to @Gary with a G as he enters he wonder if the man is confused. "Are you sure you found the right team? I do not want you do get hurt." At least the bird thing looked like it had the confidence and skill to fight with him.
User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Gray »

Gray rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Action Stan? Why does that name sound familiar?" He looks at the droid with interest.

When @Wormy pops into his mind he makes a slight face, but once he sees the sender he relaxes. He is somewhat familiar with the Zembhak.

"Nice to meet you wormy."

When he hears @Charon 's voice he turns and looks at her. He tilts his head slightly,, curious, but quickly untilts it for fear of seeming rude. "A pleasure to meet you."

He hears the grumbling noise which he quickly realizes is somethings voice. He turns to @Humble and nods. "I'm sure."

He then returns to his silence. He doesn't seem awkward nor intentionally rub, just one of those people content to be silent.
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Action Stan »

Charon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 am She offers one of her four hands to Action Stan in greeting when he performs introductions for himself and Wormy. "What purpose does the drone serve, if I may ask?"
After sending some updated command priorities and making sure the drone is doing it's job Stan answers. "He's a camera drone I use for shooting footage for new Parables. Well, I hope they're worthy of being such anyway. You'd think Clips could be useful for intel but he's fragile, expensive, and more than a little stupid so I try to keep him outta trouble.
Gray wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:15 pm Gray rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Action Stan? Why does that name sound familiar?" He looks at the droid with interest.
The young man shrugs, "I released some movies like.. and this is gonna sound weird, but like 40 years ago, down in Pecos. The Slaver War trilogy was actually pretty popular and my Lone Gunman shorts did well too. Maybe you saw one of them?? Otherwise I dunno man, I kinda got stuck in some other dimension for a while and just got back."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Gray »

Gray snaps his fingers and grins 'That's it! My sister LOVED the Slaver Bay Trilogy, she used to always pretend she was Shaila." He smiles.
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company.

Post by Action Stan »

Stoic wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:41 pm Gray snaps his fingers and grins 'That's it! My sister LOVED the Slaver Bay Trilogy, she used to always pretend she was Shaila." He smiles.
Stan grins sheepishly, obviously thrilled to have brought joy to both Gary and his sister. "That's awesome, Shaila was a great friend and awesome Woman of Action. She'd be thrilled to have inspired your sister."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Humble »

Humble had not had many opportunities to see these stories. He loved stories, and while he preferred them shared in song, the idea of visual stories was amazing and something he would like to see again. Most of the videos he had seen before where safety videos and training videos. "I would like to see these shows."
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GAMEMASTER
Contact:

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Lars »


OPEN RP IN NEWPORT


Something heavy is dropped outside.

Then a green skinned D-Bee wearing combat boots, cargo pants and a dank old black shirt with writing on it slouches through the door, leaving it open, and drags his feet across the floor. His eyes dart about the bar then fall on the bar keep.

Barely lifting his hand the lizard like Larmac D-Bee motioned the bar keep for a drink.

Might be he was a regular as the bar man seemed to know what the D-Bee wanted. Pulling the top off a brown whiskey bottle the bar man poured a shot, downed it as he handed the rest of the bottle to the Larmac.

“…’ere go Crok.”

“Mmm … Keffin.”


Lazily dropping onto some crates at the back wall Crok proceeded to sip the whiskey and spill a little on his black Action Stan T shirt.

A Larmac named Crok
A Larmac named Crok
Shirt Front
Shirt Front
Shirt Back
Shirt Back

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Humble »

Seeing the new guy enter Humble eyes him and reads his shirt. He was never much of a reader, but when he realized what the old dirty shirt was saying he poked @Action Stan and pointed the Crok out. "Maybe a fiend of yours?" then waving the Crok over he indicates Stan.

His hand on the guys shoulder and pointing out Stan he asks @Crok. "Do you know Stan as well? He is coming with us and recoding his adventures for us to watch."
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Action Stan »

Humble wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:42 am Humble had not had many opportunities to see these stories. He loved stories, and while he preferred them shared in song, the idea of visual stories was amazing and something he would like to see again. Most of the videos he had seen before where safety videos and training videos. "I would like to see these shows."
Stan nods happily, "Cool, yeah man, I know this one is Wormys favorite, but I can boot The Slaver War 1 up afterwards if we have time. It'd be great to see what y'all think of my work since you'll be in this one."

The commotion of the Larmacs entrance cuts things short and from the second he spot himself on a tee-shirt Stan is gobsmacked, his jaw literally dropped open in amazement.
Humble wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:30 pm Seeing the new guy enter Humble eyes him and reads his shirt. He was never much of a reader, but when he realized what the old dirty shirt was saying he poked @Action Stan and pointed the Crok out. "Maybe a fiend of yours?" then waving the Crok over he indicates Stan.

His hand on the guys shoulder and pointing out Stan he asks @Crok. "Do you know Stan as well? He is coming with us and recoding his adventures for us to watch."
Closing his mouth, Stan reflexively extends his hand, "Hi I'm.. well. Um, I guess you knowww.... Ahhm.... cool shirt." I'm on a shirt?? can easily be read on the man of actions face, then I'M ON A SHIRT!!!. Then he gets over it, a little, and does some damage control. "And this, is Humble. He's one of my costars in the new Parable we're about to shoot. Thing is, we'd like to keep this all under wraps so if you keep seeing us to yourself I'll use some footage of ya in the pic and drop your name in the credits, Mr.?..."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GAMEMASTER
Contact:

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Lars »


Shambling slowly off the crates the Larmac is at first sluggish as he moves closer to the large form of Humble. As the big guy explains the human next to him is none other than Action Stan, the big red lizard eyes open a little more.

“No kid’n? Ya’no yu do look a lot l’ke ‘em. Huh. I’ll be.”

Rummaging through him small pack the Larmac grunts and pulls a ratty case out.

Video case with Movie
Video case with Movie


“Ged’a audograff?

Grinning at Stan, Crok says, “Who’da guy ov’r at Grackles shop? He w’th y’all? He sure bang’n on stuff a’lot. Woke meh up. Gud t’ng to. Almos mis’d lunch.”

Tapping the bottle he chuckles. Pulling a crate closer the lazy bones D-Bee slumps down onto it and downs half his bottle. Eyeing the vid-player he burp-asks, ”Wat’ch wid ya? I han’t look’n to talk no un. Just wait’n on a frien to rive. Yu a interesting look lot but I han’t the talk’tive kine. ‘Ways enjoy dis movie.”
GM of The Black Company: Lars
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Player Character — Mercy Six
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Action Stan »

Lars wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:51 am
“Ged’a audograff?

Grinning at Stan, Crok says, “Who’da guy ov’r at Grackles shop? He w’th y’all? He sure bang’n on stuff a’lot. Woke meh up. Gud t’ng to. Almos mis’d lunch.”

Tapping the bottle he chuckles. Pulling a crate closer the lazy bones D-Bee slumps down onto it and downs half his bottle. Eyeing the vid-player he burp-asks, ”Wat’ch wid ya? I han’t look’n to talk no un. Just wait’n on a frien to rive. Yu a interesting look lot but I han’t the talk’tive kine. ‘Ways enjoy dis movie.”
Not having a pen on him Stan looks to the barkeep who, being a consummate professional, already has one in hand. A quick toss and Stan is signing the inner sleeve. Crok, Fight the good fight!! Action Stan

"Dunno about all that. If it sounded like trouble I can always use more stock footage of brawls, if not you're welcome to join us for the movie."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Gray »

"Hey, @Action Stan make sure you blur me out on that video, huh? I can show you how to do that if you aren't sure how."
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Charon »

Charon listens to the conversation again, and speaks after @Gray's comment. "You may also wish to, ah, crop me out of most of the shots, or edit my presence out in production. I fear many would take your working with me askance, and I would hate to hurt your reputation merely by association."
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Hans Greuber »

A Larmac... the Anvil had more than a few Larmac in the Anvil. They tended to prefer the slower pace of garrison work as a mercenary over other more strenuous jobs.

"@Action Stan, I don't care if your drone catches me in frame... though don't expect me to be doing anything exciting. If you'd like, I can give it a look through and see if there is any low cost upgrades we can do... or maybe even some more expensive upgrades once we get the Credits rolling in."

" I am just wondering how long our benefactor will be keeping us waiting. The 50,000 credits is plenty to wait for quite a while, but there is some work remaining in my workshop that I could be doing right now."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 6 / 20 (6 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 3 /6
Created Gadgets:
Healing (10 PPE)
Teleport (10 PPE)

Armor: TW Salvaging Armor, Armored Overcoat
Bennies: 3 / 3
Base Amount
+1 due Soren
-1 for Gargamel Summon
+1 for Interlude
-2 for Rerolling Gadget creation
+1 for Remaining Strong

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048
User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Ducky »

Huddled over the bar Ducky had been lost in thought remembering the friends she left behind in the three galaxies. But the mention of a benefactor and 50k was enough to snap her out. Not bothering to face Hans she simply called over, “Ok, so like this is totally freaking me out. You are all here to meet up with Redheart too?” She paused briefly sucking in air, after a quick auburn hair toss to the left side her lips visible beneath her ornate half helm,smiled, “Like I am Ducky, so stoked to meet you all. Even wish I could see you.”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GAMEMASTER
Contact:

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Lars »


Shiny metal nodes protruding from a meticulously shaved bald head give away the fact that the middle aged man walking through the front doors of Moderation is crazy. A Crazy. Mind over Matter implants crazy. The ridiculously big smile on his face also suggests crazy. Bright blue eyes and friendly mutton chops fill out his chiseled physique.

His Irish booming voice ripples out a laugh followed by some giggling.

“Crok ye o’shite! How are you? I see you’ve met friends. Hey Kevin, a round on me for Crok an I and his friends.

Tis better to spend money like there’s no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there’s no money!”


With that he giggles more and slaps the Larmac on the back.

Crok smiles at the Crazy in red armor and nodded at the group.

“Des’ere be sum merc’s I jus met. Seems ‘ike day mak’n a movie. Dis one is de Action Stan ‘em self. Glad ya finally got ‘ere Giggler!”


The Crazy will interact if talked to by the group but eventually he will motion Crok over to their own table to talk in hushed voices.

Kevin the barkeep will bring you a round of whatever you’re drinking. Booze. Tea. Coffee. Fury Beetle milk…

The Giggler
The Giggler
GM of The Black Company: Lars
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Player Character — Mercy Six
User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Hans Greuber »

Looking over at the Crazy that just entered the bar, Hans gave a shrug and ordered a shot of Root beer Schnapps. With a salute to the man with the glass, he took a sip. After putting his glass down, Hans pulls out what looks like a silver marble out of one of his pouches. Stretching it out into a thin wire, Hans offers to put it around Humble's wrist.

"This will become a thin
Artificer made Arcane Device (SWADE Core p153), currently charged with just 1 PPE It has the following Powers:
  • Boost Trait
    • Limitations: Smarts -> Touch-> Self; Limited Aspect (Boost Only).
      Net base PPE cost: -1
    Warrior's Gift
    • Limitations: Smarts -> Touch -> Self
      Net base PPE cost: 2
    Speed
    • Limitations: Smarts -> Touch-> Self; Limited Aspect (Speed Only).
      Net base PPE cost: -1
around your wrist. You can concentrate on it on it and it can either speed you up, or improve your abilities for a bit. It has only a limited amount of energy to power it, though in time I will be able to invest more energy into it to power the magical nanites it is made of."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 6 / 20 (6 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 3 /6
Created Gadgets:
Healing (10 PPE)
Teleport (10 PPE)

Armor: TW Salvaging Armor, Armored Overcoat
Bennies: 3 / 3
Base Amount
+1 due Soren
-1 for Gargamel Summon
+1 for Interlude
-2 for Rerolling Gadget creation
+1 for Remaining Strong

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Action Stan »

Gray wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:34 pm "Hey, @Action Stan make sure you blur me out on that video, huh? I can show you how to do that if you aren't sure how."
Charon wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:49 am Charon listens to the conversation again, and speaks after @Gray's comment. "You may also wish to, ah, crop me out of most of the shots, or edit my presence out in production. I fear many would take your working with me askance, and I would hate to hurt your reputation merely by association."
"Don't worry G-man I have some pretty cool editing software, not only can I blur you, I can give you a whole new face. Same with you Charon if need be, but so long as your not sacrificing folks or slavin or such, and you're fighting with us against whatever Big Evil they brought us together for, then you have a place in the film haters be damned."

At that moment a figure at the bar turns around to reveal an visage known all to well by anyone who's been raided by the Splugorth, an Altaran. And Stan had seen more than a little action against the Splugorths forces. At first Stan tenses and his hand nearly reaches for a gun but then the warrior woman speaks.
Ducky wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:06 pm “Ok, so like this is totally freaking me out. You are all here to meet up with Redheart too?” She paused briefly sucking in air, after a quick auburn hair toss to the left side her lips visible beneath her ornate half helm, smiled, “Like I am Ducky, so stoked to meet you all. Even wish I could see you.”
Relaxing slightly he clears his throat, "What I said goes for you too ma'am, um... Ducky." Obviously eager to move on he turns to @Hans Gruber.

"That would be pretty awesome man, it'd be great if he could hold shoot instructions in his brain longer than thirty seconds. For being named after a villain you're solid guy.

Stan nods in appreciation of the fresh brew and offers the crazy a seat with a view of the screen. "Feel free to watch until our business begins."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Humble »

Action Stan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:11 pm "That would be pretty awesome man, it'd be great if he could hold shoot instructions in his brain longer than thirty seconds. For being named after a villain you're solid guy.
Most of the conversation is happening to fats for Humble to keep up with. But Humble perks up at the mention of Hans being a villain. "Hans is not a villain. I have met a Hans at least three times and they are always heroes." Well hero may be pushing it a little, but definitely not a villain. Humble would have to think on it a bit, sometimes people thought he was a villain, so maybe if Hans was with him it made Hans a villain...
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Action Stan »

Humble wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:04 pm
Most of the conversation is happening to fats for Humble to keep up with. But Humble perks up at the mention of Hans being a villain. "Hans is not a villain. I have met a Hans at least three times and they are always heroes." Well hero may be pushing it a little, but definitely not a villain. Humble would have to think on it a bit, sometimes people thought he was a villain, so maybe if Hans was with him it made Hans a villain...
Holding up his hands palm out to Humble, "Woah big guy, you misunderstood. I said he was named after one, not that he is one. Which in retrospect is probably not accurate if his parents had never seen the Parable of the Christmas McClain. Really a heartwarming holiday tale."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Humble »

Not really understanding what all Stan said except that Humble misunderstood, Humble only nods agreeing that he misunderstood something in the interchange.
Lars
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GAMEMASTER
Contact:

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Lars »


The rumbling of an engine growled outside the establishment, growing louder as it approached. The engine silenced as the vehicle was turned off. Moments later the door to the Moderation opened and a colorfully clothed woman stepped partway into the bar. She took the scene in and motioned to the Crazy and the Larmac to follow her.

“Let’s go Cee Gee’s”

Their drinks forgotten, half full, both rushed to leave the bar.

“Coming Elaina.” the Larmac D-Bee said.

The barkeep, Kevin, halfheartedly waved bye at their backs as the trio left. The engine kicked back on and could be heard rumbling away from town.

It was noticeably getting darker outside and night was rapidly approaching.

Sir Redheart would arrive soon, if he lived up to his promise.

Elaina
Elaina
GM of The Black Company: Lars
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Player Character — Mercy Six
User avatar
Tula
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 am

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Tula »

Lars wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:33 pm “Let’s go Cee Gee’s”

Their drinks forgotten, half full, both rushed to leave the bar.

“Coming Elaina.” the Larmac D-Bee said.

The barkeep, Kevin, halfheartedly waved bye at their backs as the trio left...
The grackle bumped into a dwarf trying to enter as he was rushing out. She whipped around, long white braids swinging and yelled after him, "Watch where you're going dumbass!"

She looked around the sparsely populated bar and then at the table full of different species crowded around a screen playing an action movie. The dwarf, a solidly built woman who was a little under 5' tall was dressed in a leather jacket over scuffed body armor. She has a few weapons and other gear strapped to her body and her eyes were lined with smudged kohl. She tugged her coat back into place on her shoulders and tucked her thumbs into her lapels as she swaggered over to the table.
"I'm going to guess that you're The Black Company? I'm... Action Stan?" Her mouth hung open in shock for a moment as her brain registered who was sitting in front of her. Then she shook herself and forced her eyes to look at the other beings gathered around the table.
"No. I mean Tula. My name is Tula. He's Action Stan." she pointed one finger gun at him, but very carefully didn't make eye contact with him.
Tula Embersnow
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(5); Strain: 6
Fatigue 1/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 4/3

Edit Signature
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Action Stan »

Tula wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:42 pm
"I'm going to guess that you're The Black Company? I'm... Action Stan?" Her mouth hung open in shock for a moment as her brain registered who was sitting in front of her. Then she shook herself and forced her eyes to look at the other beings gathered around the table.
"No. I mean Tula. My name is Tula. He's Action Stan." she pointed one finger gun at him, but very carefully didn't make eye contact with him.
Stan grins his friendly, awe shucks grin, familiar to anyone who's watched the making of bonus features from his movies. "Hi, Tula. Glad you're not named Action Stan too, learning someone named a kid after me would be too much for my first day back on Earth. The fact I've been gone 40 years is freaky enough."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Charon
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Charon »

Charon nods to @Tula , dipping her beak in greeting to the newcomer. "Technically, I believe we aren't so much the Black Company as we are targets in a recruitment drive--none of the official members has arrived yet, to make their pitch. I'm Charon, pleased to meet you." She then turns back to @Action Stan . "You mean a literal time-travel situation? Interesting; the culture shock must be fairly extreme for you at times, yes?"
Current Stats
Stat/block
Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+1), Vigor d6
Pace: 8/d6; Flying Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(7); PPE: 15 (+10 Staff) (+24 Phylactery)
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Fighting d4; Intimidation d4; Language (American) d8; Notice d8
Occult d10; Persuasion d6; Repair d8; Spellcasting d12+1; Stealth d4
Hindrances: Minor Delusion, Can't Swim, Major Vengeful, Heroic, Major Wanted (Coalition), Major Enemy (Vampires, Evil Necro), Major D-Bee, Major Oath, Alien Physiology, Non-Standard Build, Spooky
Special abilities: 4 Arms (ignore 2 MAP); Low-Light Vision; Notice to see ghosts, ethereal, invisible; Natural Healing 2/day, may regenerate limbs; Re-Roll Social rolls w/Undead; +4 to resist Vampiric puppet
Weapons:
Bone Staff (Str+d6, 2 PPE for 5 rounds MD; Reach +1, Parry +1 [incl], Spellcasting +1 [incl])
Wilk's Classic (15/30/60; 3d6 AP 2; +1 Shooting)
Tommygun (12/24/48; 2d6+1 Silver; RoF 3)
TW Gladius Exoskeleton (+7A/+4T; Str d12+1/Pace +2 while Powered [incl]; 1 PPE/hr)
User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Humble »

Charon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 pm Charon nods to @Tula , dipping her beak in greeting to the newcomer. "Technically, I believe we aren't so much the Black Company as we are targets in a recruitment drive--none of the official members has arrived yet, to make their pitch. I'm Charon, pleased to meet you." She then turns back to @Action Stan . "You mean a literal time-travel situation? Interesting; the culture shock must be fairly extreme for you at times, yes?"
"I am Black Company." Humble assures the wizard to help with the confusion. "But I have not seen the boss in decades, since before I died at the Well of Souls. So maybe I am awol?"
User avatar
Action Stan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Action Stan »

Charon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 pm Charon nods to @Tula , dipping her beak in greeting to the newcomer. "Technically, I believe we aren't so much the Black Company as we are targets in a recruitment drive--none of the official members has arrived yet, to make their pitch. I'm Charon, pleased to meet you." She then turns back to @Action Stan . "You mean a literal time-travel situation? Interesting; the culture shock must be fairly extreme for you at times, yes?"
"Looks like. I left Earth through a rift 40 odd years ago with Blackwells old team, The Speed Tribe. Things went pear shaped and I ended up somewhere called Wormwood for just a few months before Redheart shows up and says I took a jump to the left in there somewhere. Only been home a few hours so I guess we'll see about culture shock together."
Humble wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:51 am
"I am Black Company." Humble assures the wizard to help with the confusion. "But I have not seen the boss in decades, since before I died at the Well of Souls. So maybe I am awol?"
"I'm sure you're good big guy. Unless he's gotten real cranky since I left, and I doubt that, Hudson gets that his people sometimes have their own plots to follow."
Action Stan
Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 12 base/15(2) in body suit/23 (8) in body suit and armor; Strain: 2/16
Fatigue 0/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Tula
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 am

Re: Moderation. Bar in Newport. Black Company. OPEN RP.

Post by Tula »

Action Stan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:02 pmStan grins his friendly, awe shucks grin, familiar to anyone who's watched the making of bonus features from his movies. "Hi, Tula. Glad you're not named Action Stan too, learning someone named a kid after me would be too much for my first day back on Earth. The fact I've been gone 40 years is freaky enough."
"I was already enlisted and learning my trade when Slaver Wars was released. I wondered what you'd gotten wrapped up in when the movies stopped coming."
Tula bit at her tongue to stop herself from saying more. It was bad enough that she'd proclaimed that she kept track of his movie career.
Charon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 pmCharon nods to @Tula , dipping her beak in greeting to the newcomer. "Technically, I believe we aren't so much the Black Company as we are targets in a recruitment drive--none of the official members has arrived yet, to make their pitch. I'm Charon, pleased to meet you."
"A pleasure, Mistress." Tula murmured with a nod of her head. She'd seen Lyn-Srial before and they were always noble, loyal fighters and leaders. This one didn't wear the garb of a cyber knight, but she gave off a regal air. The cranky dwarf was inclined to trust her, which was saying something.

As Stan's too-bright attention swung to Charon, Tula edged her way around the table, trying to put her back to the door while keeping most of the crew visible. She pulled over a chair from the next table, but didn't crowd in facing the screen. She settled the chair near the other dwarf, who looked like he was cozy with the big guy.
Humble wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:51 am"I am Black Company." Humble assures the wizard to help with the confusion. "But I have not seen the boss in decades, since before I died at the Well of Souls. So maybe I am awol?"
"You died? But you're here now? That sounds like a story worth hearing." Tula tilts her face up to talk to the tall man who seems to have some sort of stuffed leather scarf wrapped around his neck.
Tula Embersnow
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(5); Strain: 6
Fatigue 1/3 Wounds 0/3
Bennies 4/3

Edit Signature
Post Reply

Return to “Background and Information”