On Patrol (Open Role Play)

Ndreare
Savage Siri

On Patrol (Open Role Play)

Post by Ndreare »

Travel can be tough in the valley, taking a lot of time and energy as those who guard the safety of the people move from one village to another.

The conversations had on those patrols, and the long nights spent together help form the bonds that shape those relationships.

This is an open RP thread, please post as you would like and develop your characters.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Old Dak Viisi

Re: On Patrol (Open Role Play)

Post by Old Dak Viisi »

"The skies are clear." Dak-Viisi, the Lyn-Srial warrior, alights on the ground next to @Billy Shag. His statement is as much a report on his sortie as it is an observation of the evening's weather. "Despite this same valley for so many cycles, it seems always something is new." He tightens the grip on both a glowing spear and a similarly glowing bow, powerful relics that came with him when he was pulled into this strange valley almost a year ago. He glances over the faces of his other comrades. "Even clear nights can hold mysteries. What have you seen?"
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 15 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Champion, First Strike, Holy Warrior, Nerves of Steel
Current Status Post
Billy Shag
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Billy Shag »

(watching the Lyn-Srial land)Wall if that don't beat all..

I tellya I've seen just about everything these hills can offer but usually the flyin' things are comin' right for us! Don't startle a folk like that lest ya be accidentally welcomed by old whiny here.
(pats rifle)

Anyways, have a rest, friend, and lets hope nothing else comes out of the sky tonight -- too many of them headscramblers lately for my tastes. Try some of this jerky and if ya like it, I'll tellya what critter it came from.
Billy Shag

Pace: 6; Parry: 8 (+3 w/shield); Toughness: 16 (5); Size: Normal (2)
Relevant Edges: Adept (Boost Trait, Smite), Block, Brawler, Chi, Elan, Justice Ranger
ISP: 4/20
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 5/3
Rain

Post by Rain »

"What have I seen? Paulson's raised their prices. Again. We ain't had proper rain in a month; just this soupy mist."
Old Dak Viisi

Post by Old Dak Viisi »

Dak shakes his head. "Again, they have done this?" His eyes narrow. "To what end? What will more wealth gain them here?" His mind wanders briefly. I shall have to pay them closer attention. Such behavior is questionable.
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Champion, First Strike, Holy Warrior, Nerves of Steel
Current Status Post
Rain

Post by Rain »

Dak-Viisi wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:17 pm Dak shakes his head. "Again, they have done this?" His eyes narrow. "To what end? What will more wealth gain them here?" His mind wanders briefly. I shall have to pay them closer attention. Such behavior is questionable.
Rain cracks a rare smile. "I like you, bird guy. You're good people. It is the nature of stores to make things more expensive; that's just how the worlds work, I think. My da had a name for it. 'Capitals,' I think is what he used to call it. Or something like that. It's a way for people to justify putting themselves over the community in a way that sometimes ends up helping out the community by accident."
Old Dak Viisi

Post by Old Dak Viisi »

The Lyn-Srial shrugs, his wings stretching upward along with his arms. "One would think alteration of value structures of goods by arbitrary fiat would simply upset the buyer. Then again, in this place, one's options are limited. The buyer cannot be overly selective. Unless...perhaps the buyer could originate their own storefront? What happens then?" He shakes his head vigorously. "I have gotten lost on this path of reasoning and lost my awareness. Forgive me." He returns to an earnest watch of the horizon.
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Current Status Post
Jim Cannon

Post by Jim Cannon »

The Ostrosaurus bursts from the nearby treeline as the three stand talking moving at an incredible clip for something so large. Fixated on the trio it charges as it opens its maw to bellow a challenge. It is a challenge that never comes as the back of it's head explodes in a spray of blood, brains and gore a second before the shot can be heard in the distance. The monster staggers a few more steps only to collapse and dig a furrow as it skids to a stop.

In the distance a lone figure in camouflage stands up and slings a massive rifle over his shoulder. It takes a good ten minutes to make his way over where the group is standing. Despite Jim's advancing years his stride is brisk and steady and soon enough he gets close enough to cock an eyebrow at them in greeting.

"Ladies, nice of you to get that thing's attention. I was beginning to think I'd have to go in after the damned thing for a minute there." Pausing to pull his boonie off his head and mop the sweat off his brow before moving closer to the dinosaur like creature.

Jamming his boonie back on this head Cannon shrugs, "Well, that's on less of those alien dinos that's gonna be going after the livestock. I'd have given you folk a heads up but of course my radio is on the fritz again. Any of you girls have a working radio that can give Athena a call to come pick this monster up? "
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Return to “Adventures”