Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

Adventures of the 13th SET
Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2264
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 am

Spood Fed Edition
Libertas' mechanic duties
The Castle mechanics are happy to their friend, they were holding off servicing the glitterboys stationed at the castle. But now that an expert mechanic has come back to the fold so to speak the legion has Libertas lead the repair crews in getting their maintaince performed. Even though it is hard work, Libertas gets a 100k bonus.
Zan's Ice cave
At some point while in your ice fortress a whoosh of air and a frosty portal open up. The cook from the Red Robin in Gloom steps through. He is a green skinned brute with a goofy grin. He appears to be holding an inadaquate morning meal for a dragon. " Master, this will do nicly for our plans... What else do you require of our Red Robin employees?"
IMG_0399.JPG
Flint and Max
Lord Coake stops by and sees you two briefly. He is pretty curt and to the point, " Max, Flint. I am heading back. Victoria needs to return to the future brigade, our war with the time wizards is far from over. If you need me, a messege can reach me through Garnet town. BA as you call him will be coming with me. I will make sure he does not loose his other eye. Flint, I saw Sadie come through yesterday... Remember what happened last time friend and stay focused."" He smiles teasing a bit and then looks around making sure no one is listening " Keep your eyes peeled one of my knights, Sir Zee Hail has taken an interest in Libertas. His sister and I spoke to him, but... I have never seen anyone so persistent. They say he followed a catpurse from the eastern seabaord to El Paso, and then chopped off her arm..."
Cantrell gets a promotion
A envelope of papers is delivered to your room. Sono Klaus of course opens it for you and has it all ready on your desk when you come back. He excitedly has a pen in hand and for the first time he is genuinely smiling, " Wow Cantrell! They want to move you up in rank! I read over the papers and it looks like you can recommend 2 others for a promotion too! The fourth paper permantely Transfers Alex to your unit. I wish I could get transfered too. My uncle is pretty busy with his gem shop, but I guess visiting kin will be ok. That is just so awesome about Alex though, I have talked to Alex a few times. He is so stoked that you guys are back, he really is your guys' biggest fan. I asked him a few days ago, about how he lost his leg. You should have seen him smile... He said he lost it being a hero like Top Dog." Sono Klaus scrunches his eyes thinking, " I have never heard of that hero, but he or she must be amazing."
Jitters and Jude try to prevent a sale
Where is Alex, kids are just never arround when you need them. While looking you run into Alenhammer Ironguts, the thin, slightly taller than normal "dwarve." He is clearly been looking for you, " My Friend... My friend... I will offer you 1.8 million for the second eye of RA!" He seems a bit out of breath, but that is probably normal as Jitters is pretty fast. He leans against Jitters catching his breath. "I did hear you might have come into posession of a wand. I could buy both, I have some creds here and the rest are at my..." He pats his pockets to pull out the cred stick... His eyes widen, " Oh my... Prosek's balls... Did I drop it..." Before you can say Son of a Buscuit he just zooms off scouring the hall ways for a dropped cred stick. He soon disappears into the halls. A short while latter, Jitters gets a tap on his shoulder from his tail. It wiggles and brandishes a shiny cred stick.
While enjoying your collective meal... Captain Lumkiss settles down disheveled and uncharacterisically glum. From beyond the castle walls and up at the battlements loud noises and preperations are being made. The sounds of several legion Glitter Boys getting into place on the battlememta, instead of shots, cries over their PAs are issued for mechanics to come forth. Captain Lumkiss barely even regesters the commotion, " Well gang, thats it we are sunk. I think they were about to send you to whykin and possibly into the heart of the federation of magic when... All hell is breaking loose. I might even loose my command." He glances at you and realizes he might want to explain himself a bit more.

He sighs, thumbing his captains collar, " Upstairs in Stargazer's private scantum the council of hope is getting chewed out by the dweomer defense force captian. Something about us Legionaires being theives... I was just called in a few seconds ago and so was the Castle head librarian, Isaiah Comstock. They grilled me about your after action reports. This Bane guy has it in for the 13th."
Folks are piling out of the cafeteria giving the 13th the side eye, possibly because their handler has made no motion to get up yet, or maybe they were looking under Liberta's chair at the jenga esque tower his tail was building out of the Glitter Boy stand-by-to-fire control rods. " On the way here a general call to arms was issued, it seems that mystic knights assulted the Dweomer camp outside, folks being slaughtered left and right... More fuel for that angry devil man I suppose. To make matters worse he was spouting on and on about someone stealing his wand of BRETHAN D'ZIR, well apperently one person tried too." Captian Lumkiss pointedly looks at Jitters, " Then someone actually did during or after he spoke to Isaiah Comstock. Can you beleive it! He was blaming Isaiah, Erin Tairns own protégée...What a mess, they are squestered up there talking about our fate right now. Apperently this wand if brandished by an irresponsible person could mean our doom..." The Captian sinks his head into his arms resting on the table for a beat or two.

Suddenly he lurches up, " Say... Are you guys doing anything right now besides eating and swapping stories? If we could get some folks to bust into their little meeting upstairs and calm things down that would be uhh... That would be great, I could probably stay a captian and be in charge of you guys. I even found another set of those nifty Sgt.1st class chevrons for you Cantrell. The origional set I had went missing. ". He places the chevrons in front of Cantrell and then continues, " If we could track down where that wand is or who took it we might be able to get Dweomer and the fed back on ourside. It could not have been stolen too long ago and with the ruckus outside the entire castle is on lock down. I bet whomever stole it was crafty but did not count on getting trapped in the castle. From what little I heard, Bane was in the main Library talking to Isaiah Comstock." Pender Lumkiss nods his head seemingly approving of his own plan.

Timely as ever and sharply dressed Ms. Dee comes by with little Alex in tow. She seems to have caught the gist of what Pender had suggested. " Might I also suggest it might buy us some time and goodwill if we deal with those disreputable mystic knight terrorizing the Dweomer encampment.

Lumkiss clears his throat and whispers, "Yeah this could work guys. If you do what you do best, save the day, they would have to put you back on track for the mission!" Captian Lumkiss puts his hand forward, " Ok, on three, 1-2-3 Teamwork!"


Indeed Team work...
Player directions
Ok so we are going to do a 3 stage dramatic task. Each stage needs 5 successes to succeed. All players rolls count towards the stage they participate in and you can only participate in one stage. The GM can decide to spend a benny so that he may have an enemy show up if appropriate to create more issues at a stage. Each stage has a list of allowed skills that can be used to participate. You do have an option to spend personal resources to modify your TRAIT roll. Some stages have a cost that must be paid after participating. All three stages are attacked/delt with simultaneously there is no sequential order. Instead of lasting five rounds this lasts only 1 round.

Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 4 Power Points of their own or a 2d6 in ammo. If it makes sense 10k in creds or resources. Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success on your trait roll for the scene. Note: you must have the resources to spend them.
  • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you accept -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 (rounded down) the resources. However, your character receives a free soak roll versus any wounds taken from failure.
  • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
  • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
  • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
Allies and contacts(optional): remember you can call upon your new allies once per session, or even diamond Clad( he is only available once per session to the entire team). You can also use your contacts edge (only once durimg this dramatic task) and or I know a guy edges. Use the normal rules for connections minus any scene penalty: they can aid you in the dramatic task by adding 1d4 ( +1 per level of aid rendered) to your trait roll.

Each stage is laid out like below and players choose one stage to participate in for the duration of the dramatic task.
Location, skills allowed
Scene penalty: x
GM benny to have an enemy show up( if applicable)
# of successes needed to succeed
Cost if any
Narrative:

So recap:
1) choose your scene
2) choose resources
3) look at scene modifer
4) decide if you have an ally or contact you can call on, make appropriate rolls at the scene modifier
5) choose your skill and roll with all applicable bonus and minues accounted for.
6) Narrate results
Stage 1
Stargazers Private Sanctum, skills: Persuation, fighting and shooting( increase number of successes needed by 1), Stealth, kn politics
Scene Penalty:-4
Gm benny spent to activate enemy Bane: addition scene penalty Invalid dice code!
5 successes needed

Narative: Captian Lumkiss' words ring true when you get to the top of the tower to Star Gazeers inner sactum. Most folk know it is warded against magic and psionics so that kind of trickery is out of the question. The four legionairs in gladdius seem to only be the first barrier to entry. Their vibro halbards look imposing and deadly. Inside the chambers anyone hoping to calm things down because Captian Bane of the Dweomer defense force is in full tirade mode. The word Traitor is sandwiched inbetween some choice language.
" This latest travesty is unbecoming of your orginization. First the blunder with the black company. Oh yes we heard of your bloodthirsty and savage bounty. Now, you cannot keep guests and dignitaries safe in your castle walls. Don't even get me started on the murder of my people outside while you did nothing! Duscon will get an earful and so will the lords of magic. Not even the music of Drie Marbles Left will save you from their wraith. No legion member will find safe passage through the fed by the time I am through with you."
IMG_0402.JPG
Stargazeer
Stage 2
Mystic Knight Confrontation: skills allowed combat skills, kn battle, kn arcana, arcane backgrounds as long as you have an offensive power.
Successes needed: 5
Cost: each player takes 3d6 MD ignore armor but not toughness. Bennies may be spent to soak.
Scene modifier is: -4
Narrative: indeed it is chaos out in the vast Dweomer encampment. Spells, enchanted swords, tk machine gun fire is every where. The mystic knights are pulling folks out and yelling at them. The mystic knight commander the last and 5th son of Morgoth, greets the heroes warmly and smiles with all the friendliness of a wolverine, " So... It comes to you lackies, and ill received heroes to do the masters work. I give you one chance. Where is Geist! She owes us nothingless than fealty and a large sum of money. She promised a spell of legend for our services. We know she is here... One chance... Fuck it! Men rip their spines out and we will pull the answers from their dead lips!" Mystic knights pop out from everywhere their eyes ripplimg purple and blasting heroes in the chest, or enchanted sword arms swinging wild and bringing the hurt. Even some lay down fire with tk machine guns bursting away.
IMG_0400.JPG
Mystic knights attack
Stage 3
Wayward Library: skills allowed notice, investigation, kn computers, intimidation, streetwise
Scene modifier:-6( +1 benny to Jitters for his klepto hindrance)
Scene Successes: 5 successes needed
Narative: All points to the Library with regards to the missing wand. Everyone worth asking and easy to find video footage would indicate one of the last people Captain Bane spoke to before loosing his wand was the head Librarian. Word is, is that wand is full of destructive power the like none had seen before.
The Great Library in the castle is truely a marvel to be held. Well normally, but at this time it is disorganized with papers, books, nicknacks, maps, and historical artifacts set hilter kilter giving the sense that the Library has been ransacked! Which is far from the truth to a well trained eye.
Isaiah Comstock Pokes his out from under a table and stands greeting the heroes without his usual civility. In fact he seems very distracted, " I am so sorry I cannot see visitors right now, I... I have rather misplaced some small but priceless items. I should have never brought them accross the castle to show my peers in the scholar's ward. Erin will have my head if I cannot find them. First the wand and now this. I thought I had them in the box over there. I set the box down for a second near the debreifing rooms waiting for my collegues to come out of 2A... Bah, so sorry I cannot help you right now I must find the eyes of Ra. Library computers are over there..." Isaih goes back looking for His lost treasure and given his general attitude does not seem to be of much help unless he can be snapped out of his frantic funk. A keen eye will notice a few folks are milling in the lounge area of the Library. A pair of Altarn's are listening to audio books. A large Grackletooth looks to be lounging in an oversized chair reading a novel by Authur Coanan Doyal. Master Dev Black seems to be taking a nap. Two humans looking like something out of the wild west are trying to play cards, but a funny looking dwarf, he is pencil thin and a bit taller than normal seems to be having a quiet but heated discussion with them. He is the shop keeper, specializing in gems, Alenhammer Ironguts. He seems to have some of the facial features of Klaus, Sono and Herr... Maybe a distant relation. What is probably Isaih's lovely assitant is rumaging through the upper level of the Library helping her "boss" look for those eyes of Rah. Finally at the entrance to the Library, a shifter, Mind Melter, and man in PA barr the exit keeping an eye on everyone for now. Looking arround it would seem the Library does appear to have a couple security cameras, although access to their security feed does seem to be heavily restricted.
  • Player Note: try not to get thrown by the new missing item introduced, it is just the narative explaination of why Isaih is not able to help you very much. Make your roll and feel free to make up any narrative exchange deemed appropriate based on those rolls.
IMG_0401.JPG
Grand Library
Ok have fun folks! Please Read the player directions.
Tally: updated 4/13
Stage 1: Social Combat:4 successes left to go (Flint)
Stage 2:Mystic Knight combat: 0 success left to go (Libertas and Zan)
Stage 3: Where is the wand: 1 successes left to go ( Jitters and Max)
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
0/6
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW
-3 for benny rolls on challenge
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

Post by Libertas Magicum » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:20 am

OOC Comments
Stage 2:
Burning one Device, as well, to temporarily have access to Blast, Acid Burn Trapping. Applying Scene Penalty to Burn roll.
Build Roll (at Scene Penalty) 1d12+1 = 12: 11
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 3: 2

No Matter the Cost (12 PPE spent--7 from Device, 5 from personal pool)
Base roll: 1d12+5
Scene Modifier: -4
Resource Modifier: +4

Techno-Wizardry 1d12+5 = 13: 8
Wild TW 1d6+5 = 8: 3
Extra Effort Bennie Running Total 1d6+13 = 17: 4

17 = 4 successes! Almost, not quite a one-shot!

Combat Damage 3d6 = 13: 3, 5, 5 MD, bypasses Armor
1 Wound suffered, not soaking.
Device has 10 Points left.
The Glitterboys are all working amazingly well by the time Lib leaves--though no one thought to test the Boom Guns right away, apparently.

As soon as Lib heard the word "thief", he'd been standing by the door, ready to make a hasty exit if it was needed. When Lumkiss laid out the situation, he saluted to Cantrell. "I can help deal with the Knights, Boss!" Pulling the Shadowcloak around him, he faded from view, pulling gear from his belt as he moves.

Outside, without warning, rain starts falling on groups the Knights. And immediately, their flesh and the ground under their feet begins to smoke and dissolve, scored by droplets of high-potency acid. Again, and again, the acid falls on them. Meanwhile, every so often, one of the Knights' eyes glow purple-black-green, and they turn to a companion and strike out with a spell-blast.

The battle is savage, and almost too easy. Eventually, Libertas lets the Shadowcloak fall back over his shoulders, becoming visible and looking for stragglers. A few of the Knights remain, but they are badly scattered and in disarray. However, one emerges from the ground, behind Libertas, and takes a shot at his head, sending him staggering forward, blood coming down over his goggles.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (6) [Adventure Armor]
Weapon in hand: Puzzle-Cube
Weapon in tail: Staff of Libertas' Bad-assness
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel
Charisma: 0
Q2 Adventure Cards (no plays left):
14: In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Enemy (PLAYED Q2-18): Get a Personal Nemesis. Until resolved, draw one extra Adventure Card each Session.
PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/2
Wounds: 0
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6

Active Devices/Remaining PPE:

    User avatar
    Jitters
    Posts: 157
    Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

    Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

    Post by Jitters » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:09 pm

    Jitters leads Jude to where the boy had been last, the Maintenance Room, only to find the child gone and Jude out of breath trying to keep up with Jitters walking at a snails pace (to him). "Dammit, he's already gone to go sell the gem. We need to try and intercept him. With that, he starts off in the direction of the marketplace. Halfway there, Alen bumps into them and makes Jitters his offer before running off to find his missing credstick. His hand comes up to his face as he processes what just happened. The second that Alen is out of sight, Jitters glares at his tail, putting his hand out motioning for it to hand the item over. "I guess he was more eager to buy his own power armor than I thought. We have to get it back, somehow, and find out to whom it originally belonged to!" A message over the PA system calls for the 13th to report to Captain Lumkiss immediately. "Damn, that doesn't sound good! Come on, let's get going, before I get into anymore hot water."

    During the briefing, Jitters notices the calls for all maintenance personnel to report to the battlements for emergency repairs on the Chromium Guardsmen. His first thought was there as a saboteur in their midst, then he notices Lib's tail playing with something, and his eyes go wide with disbelief! Could it be that it's already too late and that Lib willfully disarmed all of the castle's Glitter Boys? Jitters shakes that thought away almost the instant it enters his head, what's much more likely was that Lib's tail decided to do that. But could his tail see into Lib's soul and see the evil that lurks there? Then Capt. Lumkiss makes a remark about someone stealing Bane's wand and he immediately shouts out "I didn't take a damn thing! The second that I realized my tail had tried to take it, I handed it back over to him! Wait, someone actually stole it?" Jitters is torn in deciding to go talk with Isaiah and fighting the Mystic Knights outside, but when he notices Lib practically vanish through the door so fast that even Jitters was impressed at the sound of the word thief, and the fact that most of the Mystic Knights take an acid shower, melting them where they stood, it made his decision all the more easier. He wasn't going to be needed outside, plus he needs to at least try and fix one of the things that his tail has broken. When Pender calls for a group chant and has everyone put a hand in, Jitters makes sure to wrap his tail around the wrist of his other hand, holding the tip in his palm, just so that he knows where it is.

    Stage 3
    Resources: No matter the cost +4 -12 ISP
    Scene modifier: -6
    No allies/contacts available
    Notice 10
    1d6 = 2: 2
    Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2
    +2 from Heightened Senses
    -6 from Scene
    +4 from No Matter the Cost
    -1 Benny Re-roll
    Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
    Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1
    -1 Benny Re-roll
    Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
    Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
    -1 Benny Re-roll
    Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
    Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
    -1 Benny Re-roll
    Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
    Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
    -1 Benny Re-roll
    Notice 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace!
    Notice Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
    Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
    2 Successes
    Upon entering the library, his jaw hits the ground as he looks upon the mess and general disorder the library is in. He goes to ask Isaiah about the wand but hears him muttering about having misplaced something else. So that's where they came from! Damn, now I have to figure out how to get the other one back from Alen so that I can return it to it's proper home... Unsure about what he's about to do, Jitters' uneasiness doubles when he realizes Alen is here as well. He needs to return the Eye of Ra he still has, tell him to stop worrying about the other one because it is currently safe, if not in his possession. After a moment of internally debating it, Jitters realizes that right now may not be the best time to give the Eye back, so instead he just activates the Speed ability of his armor and starts searching the library at break neck speed. As Jitters searched for the wand he briefly sees a treasure map that he thinks he puts to the side, but his tail rolls it up and hides it...
    Jitters
    Jitters
    Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

    Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
    Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
    JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
    • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
    Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
    ISP: 30/30
    Bennies: 1

    Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

    Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
    Temp Stats
    Speed x3
    Adventure Card
    6 Rabbit out of My Hat
    Play this card to gain a +2 to any Trick test for the rest of the scene.
    11 Lucky Break
    Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    32 Extra Effort
    Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

    User avatar
    Maximilian
    Silver Patron
    Silver Patron
    Posts: 573
    Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 pm

    Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

    Post by Maximilian » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

    Max in the Stacks +2 successes
    Max is contributing to the search for the wand in the library
    Notice with dog boy detect arcana scent, -6 scene, +2 dog boy scent, +4 no matter the cost; net zero bonus
    1d6 = 3: 3

    WD Notice
    1d6 = 5: 5

    Benny for Extra Effort with Elan and prior result
    1d6+7 = 10: 3

    Taking 2 Fatigue for his efforts
    Max's eyes perk up, and his tail wags, as there's talk of a lost wand in the library. "Hey, I can fetch anything! I helped Lib find that stick in Gloom. I can find this wand!" With that, Max is off like a shot to the library. Immediately as he walks through the doors, he takes several short sniffs, then one big inhale. "Oooh, I smell it. It's in here. Just...hang on...sniff sniff sniff..." He goes nosing around some of the stacks of books, nooks, crannies, and desks. "Nope. Not over there." He moves to a different area. "Hm. Getting closer."

    Before too long, he's gone to all fours, crawling around and sniffing the floor for any sign of the wand. Unfortunately, his exuberance gets the best of him, and he knocks his head rather severely on a desk leg. "HOOOWLLL...son of a human chick!" The headache he develops as a result takes him off of his game, but he's certain the wand is in the room and...moving. "Someone has it. Someone has it on body. They're in that half of the place." He points to the back of the library, then he rests his head on the bottom shelf of a bookcase and covers his eyes.
    Maximilian
    Maximilian character sheet
    Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
    Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
    Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
    Parry: 7
    Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
    Pace: 6/8 in armor
    Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
    Weapon in hand: none
    Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
    Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    • Range: 18/36/72
      Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
      ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
    2 spare e-clips
    Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
    Adventure Cards
    • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
      Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
      Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
    Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
    Size: 8
    Crew: 1+2
    Toughness: 44 (22)
    Pace: 10
    Weapons:
    • Medium Rail Gun
      • Range: 100/200/400
        Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
        ROF 3, shots 60
      Medium Missile Launchers (2)
      • Range: 200/400/800
        Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
        ROF 1, shots 4
      Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      • Range: 100/200/400
        Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
        ROF 1, shots 12
      Medium Laser
      • Range: 150/300/600
        Damage: 3d10, AP 10
        ROF 1
      Dino Bladder Water Cannon
      • Range: cone
        Damage: 3d10
        5 bursts
      Good Night
      • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
        Plasma Ejector damage:
        • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
        • 3d6 using 2 shots
        • 6d6 using 4 shots
        Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
        ROF: 3
    Edit Signature
    EP Ledger

    User avatar
    Z'Anomandir
    Posts: 30
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:26 pm

    Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

    Post by Z'Anomandir » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:27 am

    From his spot on the floor of Castle Refuge's largest kitchen freezer where he is curled into a slumbering ball, Z'Anomandir opens a tired eye as the portal appears and Mel, the Red Robin chef from Gloom, emerges from it.
    greenskin chef wrote:" Master, this will do nicly for our plans... What else do you require of our Red Robin employees?"
    Master? he thinks to himself. Yes. I suppose as a mighty dragon I shall have to get used to people offering their fealty to me. It's the smart thing to do, after all. Then he sees the food. More gifts!
    OOC Comments
    (only has 1 sword right now)
    Image
    He veers down into his more compact human form and graciously takes the steaming food from the burly greenskin. Why do they insist on heating the food before consuming it? Seems unnecessary. I would complain but I don't want to be rude. He digs a hand into the dish and scoops a portion directly into his mouth like a shovel. "Mmmm! Excellent as always, Mel. Thank-you."

    As he chews his breakfast, Zan considers what orders he should have Mel relay to his new staff at the Red Robin. Then his eyes go wide and he exclaims, "Oh! I know what I need you to do. Here, take this thing," he fishes in one of the pouches sewn into his new armor with his clean hand and pulls out one of the two credit chips he was gifted after the battle with Geist and hands it to Mel. "I am told there are 25,000 money units in this thing. I suspect it is some sort of Bag of Holding, and precious gems and metals are locked within. I'm not really sure how I know what a Bag of Holding is, but that's not important right now. What I need you to do is figure out a way to get my treasure out of that and into my home lair back at the Red Robin so I have a proper bed on which to sleep and display my accumulated riches, as a symbol of my prowess and virility. A bed worthy of a mighty dragon!" Zan then straightens his back noticeably and looks valiantly off into the distance before concluding, "Yes...this will please me."

    As Mel rolls up the Dres Marbles Left tarp to take back to Gloom along with the 25k credit chip, Zan emerges from the freezer and into the large Castle Refuge kitchen. From there he walks out into the cafeteria to join the rest of the 13th SET at their table. Zan's attention seems to be more focused on Libertas than anyone else at the table as he continues to shovel Mel's food into his human maw with his bare hands. More than once Lib looks over to see Zan's eyes drilling into his own, squinting in thought and clearly pondering something as he gazes unnervingly at the red haired techno-wizard. Eventually Captain Lumkiss comes over to give his orders.

    *****

    Spellcasting=4 - Stage two, 1 success
    -4 scene, -1 fatigue, +4 No matter the cost = -1 total mod

    Spellcasting: 1d6-1 = 4: 5
    WILD dye: 1d6-1 = 3: 4
    Damage=6 fails to shake/wound
    Damage: 3d6 = 6: 2, 3, 1
    When he hears Libertas volunteer to face the mystic knights Zan exclaims "Me too!" to Cantrell and Jude and heads out to the Dweomer encampment. He quickly loses sight of the techno-wizard when Lib activates his Shadow Cloak so he wades into the encampment in his human form, eager to experience battle as a flightless biped for the very first time. He activates his TW sword with the 'M' engraved on it when suddenly, just a short distance away, Libertas reappears after spreading devastation among the ranks of the troublesome mystic knights.
    Libertas wrote: Eventually, Libertas lets the Shadowcloak fall back over his shoulders, becoming visible and looking for stragglers. A few of the Knights remain, but they are badly scattered and in disarray. However, one emerges from the ground, behind Libertas, and takes a shot at his head, sending him staggering forward, blood coming down over his goggles.
    Seeing his friend get hit enrages Z'Anomandir. He launches himself forward to aid his friend, sliding effortlessly and swiftly on an icy slick sheen emerging from the ground before him, to confront the mystic knight before he can attack Lib again. With a human version of his usual draconic roar, Zan brings his TW blade down in a vicious diagonal slice that effortlessly cleaves the knight in half. As the knight's body tumbles in two different directions, Zan reaches down and grabs Lib by the arm and easily yanks him to his feet. The dragon-man's iron grip around Lib's arm keeps the wounded techno-wizard from falling back down - or moving away.

    "Are you ok, friend Libertas? I can use my new armor to heal you if you'd like," he says proudly. As Zan speaks to Lib, several more mystic knights notice them and begin to move toward them. Still looking intently at Lib as he does so, Zan waves a hand in the knights direction. A pulse of frigid magic spreads among the knights feet as icy stalagmites rise from the ground at their feet and lock them into place. Before the mystic kights can hack their way free the crowd they had so recently attacked tears them to pieces.

    "You know what?" Zan asks Libertas while still holding him by the arm. "Someone recently asked me if you were evil. They said you might be using something called necro-mancy and they seemed very concerned about this. They said it was 'evil' and asked me if you were from Stormspire. Are you from Stormspire, Libertas?" A flash of arcane sparks erupts from Zan's side as a dying mystic knight launches a final attack at him before being overwhelmed by the crowd but it seems to have no effect on Zan as his eyes never leave those of the techno-wizard he holds at arms length. "What is necro-mancy, Libertas?"
    summary for Stage Two
    [*]-12 PPE cost for No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
    [*]got 1 success for Stage 2
    [*]damage roll of 6 not enough to damage Zan's Toughness of 7 while in human form w/ TW medium ck armor
    Z'Anomandir
    Z'Anomandir
    Ice Dragon
    Legendary Table reward: Badass Family: gain 2 attribute points for the character and his descendants (+1 dye type each to Agility, Smarts)
    Bennies: 6/3
    • +1 for following directions during debriefing
    • +1 for including Shalla in interlude
    • -1 to unshake from brainburn due to crit fail psionic roll
    • +1 for Lucky O'Malley post
    • +1 for post-battle breakfast talk

    Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8
    Charisma: -2; Pace: 6 (Fly 12, Climb 0); Parry: 6; Toughness: 34 (16 MDC); In human form w/ armor on = 13 (6); PPE: 20; ISP: 20
    Notice d6, Common Knowledge d6, K-Arcana d4
    Hindrances:
    • TBD
    • TBD
    • TBD
    • Outsider(-2 CHA)
    • Large (+2 to be hit)
    • Enemies (CS)
    • Territorial

    Edges and Abilities of Note:
    • AB (Psionic), Major Psionic, AB (Magic)
    • Power Surge: gain 2d6 PP or ISP when dealt a Joker for initiative
    • Icy Breath: 12/24/48 for 4d6 MD or Cone for 2d10 MD
    • Claws/Bite (Iconic): Naturally massive teeth and talons (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage)
    • Tail Lash (Iconic): Sweep a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, (Str+d8 Mega Damage)
    • Impervious to Cold: Ice and cold do not affect an Ice dragon at all. Non-variable frequency lasers do only half damage due to the reflecting nature of their icy hide.
    • Infravision (Iconic): halve the penalties for dark lighting against living targets
    • Slow Regeneration (Iconic): These creatures can even regenerate lost limbs over time, making a natural healing roll once per day.
    • Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.


    WOUNDS:

    Adventure Cards
    -Villanious Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan.
    -Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

    PPE: 20/20
    Powers: Freeze entangle ; Battle Shards deflection ; Fortify/Sap boost/lower trait
    ISP: 20/20
    Powers: Hibernation slumber ; Cold Snap dispel ; Blizzard Spirit intangibility

    TW Medium Cyberknight Armor: healing

    User avatar
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron
    Posts: 555
    Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

    Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

    Post by Libertas Magicum » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:40 am

    Lib shakes his head slowly to clear it. "I'd appreciate the patch-up, yes. And that's a lot of questions." He smiles. "That's good. Most people aren't curious enough about the world around them. It's good that you are. Lemme run through it, then."

    As Zan gets to work on the head-wound, he starts counting off.

    "The easiest question to answer first--yes, I am from Stormspire. It is a city of great Techno-Wizards, and I have ever intention of one day being recognized as its greatest son." This claim is said bluntly and plainly--in the casual tone one might say you come from a northern city and enjoy winter.

    "No, I am not evil, and I am glad you recognized that. Sometimes I get a bit... well, hoard-y, to put it in dragon terms. But other than this tail--" here, the appendage named waggles a bit, having picked up a blade from one of the Mystic Knights,"--I focus on what is rightfully mine. If I'm supposed to get paid, I get paid, and I'm willing to do a job if it pays well. But there's lines I won't cross--bad jobs, if you follow me."

    "Now, necromancy... It has some fluid meanings, which is where your other friend probably got confused. It can just mean any magic dealing with the dead or the energies of life and death--heck, by some reckonings, healing magic is a form of necromancy, as would be a spell that consults your ancestors for advice. By that sense, yes, this staff does necromancy. But in this world, the term 'necromancer' has a more specific meaning, and I think that's what your other friend was using--it's one who harvests power from death and suffering, and uses it to perform dark arts. One of their most common tricks is animating the corpses of the fallen as zombies; some create even fouler forms of undead as well, including Murder Wraiths. I do not practice such arts, nor would I."

    "I don't know if you were around when the Annihilator Missiles hit Gloom. They were powered by necromancy, and they would've destroyed the town. I was able to tap into their energies and drain them from the storm; this staff still retains some of that power, which is why I use it. But--and this is the important bit--I'd never do the sorts of things that would've been required to create that energy in the first place. To build the missiles, Geist would've had to perform sacrifices of various sentient creatures, and probably horrific torture prior to her victims' deaths. That--that, yes, is evil, of the highest order. But I just happen to be using the energy that was already there--I stole it from an evil woman, and am using it to do good things, or at least try to. Am I being clear?"
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments
    Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
    Active effects: none
    Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (6) [Adventure Armor]
    Weapon in hand: Puzzle-Cube
    Weapon in tail: Staff of Libertas' Bad-assness
    Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman
    Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel
    Charisma: 0
    Q2 Adventure Cards (no plays left):
    14: In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
    Enemy (PLAYED Q2-18): Get a Personal Nemesis. Until resolved, draw one extra Adventure Card each Session.
    PPE: 20/20
    Bennies: 4/2
    Wounds: 0
    Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6

    Active Devices/Remaining PPE:

      User avatar
      Flint
      Bronze Patron
      Bronze Patron
      Posts: 311
      Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
      Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Flint » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:57 am


      Lasting Shadow (roll burn die) for scene. 1d10 = 1: 1 <-- No Burn burned!
      Walk in Invisible, and use Persuasion roll 1d6+2 = 6: 4 -5 +EF, and Wild Die 1d6-5 = 0: 5, and use Extra Effort 1d6 = 5: 5, to calm down Captain Bane of the Dweomer defense force. Total 11-5 = 6 (1 Success). Used 1 bennie for EF.
      Stargazers Private Sanctum
      • Four guards in NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor feel the strain of wearing 80 lbs of armor with no power as an electromagnetic pulse (EMP), also sometimes called a transient electromagnetic disturbance, a short burst of electromagnetic energy, ripples out of Flint and through the guards and the room they are in, distracted and feeling the weight of their duty, none of them see the completely shrouded in Invisibility Zapper using the Ring to simply walk past them into the room beyond. Flint reflects that he is glad he does not rely on technology, using his own inner strength instead. However, he notes, in this sanctum, unlike to room with the guards, accessing his inner strength seems impossible. Being cut off from his psionics gives the Zapper a jolt, mentally, then seeing that the lovely Ring still has his body Invisible, Flint takes a big breath and quietly calms himself. Still unseen by the bellowing Bane, or any of the assembled Legion members, Flint takes in the room, looking for more guards and just listening to Bane as the former CS commander thinks of the best words for this heated situation.

        I know ol' Jitter's tail got wild, but someone else took the wand afterwards...the actions of one in contrast to the actions of the whole Legion? We are outside saving Bane's people right now, why is he in here and not out there helping?

        Positioning himself in the best location of the sanctum to be heard by all the assembled, Flint prepares to speak.

        Captain Bane yells: "This latest travesty is unbecoming of your organization. First the blunder with the Black Company. Oh yes we heard of your bloodthirsty and savage bounty. Now, you cannot keep guests and dignitaries safe in your own castle walls. Don't even get me started on the murder of my people outside while you do nothing! Dunscon will get an earful and so will the Lords of Magic. Not even the music of Drie Marbles Left will save you from their wraith. No Legion member will find safe passage through the federation lands by the time I am through with you!"

        With an air of authority, mustering a deep baritone and a commanding voice, Flint startles a few in the room as his in command voice states: "Commander Bane."

        Pausing for a moment as many assembled glance wildly about looking for the source of the voice. Captain Bane himself looks caught off guard, and looks towards the general location of the unseen Flint.

        "Commander Bane, as of right this moment, you are letting the actions of one man, one single mind altered Crazie with a tail, hold more importance to the Legions denomination, our creed, our job to save lives, that which encapsulates the beliefs and ideals guiding this organization, the fact that the Legion, right now, in mass has sent a force outside the walls to help your people. Legion members are out there willing to lay down their lives to save your people! Do you not see that we, the Legion, are not your enemy, in fact we are your friends, allies, we are out there with your people fighting the same enemies, why debate here, why not join that fight to save your people, as their commander, then when we jointly have succeeded, let us reconvene and discuss as allies with a common goal, how to locate the stolen wand. The Legion has already dispatched investigators and trackers to locate it, to find and return, the wand...to you Sir."

        Stepping closer to Captain Bane and lowering his voice Flint says, "Now is the time to be the big damned hero Sir, show your troops you are there for them, fight along side them and us to stop a common enemy. Afterwards, we will find the wand. Together. Then, you can leave the Castle and go home knowing that no matter how you feel about the Legion, you know they are not traitors and wish to be your allies. What do you say Commander? Shall we try working together on this? I am not your enemy Sir."

        Dropping the sharp knife, it falls straight down from Flints outstretched hand, midway to the floor it becomes visible, landing about a foot in front of Bane, the knife impales its pointed tip in the floor, embedded there for all to see it, unused on Bane.

        "I do not seek your death, I seek to work along side you. I am headed out to help your troops now, by fighting or providing medical care as they need."

        Flint quietly, and still invisible, exits the sanctum, hoping for the best.



      [ 1 Success for Stage 1 ]
      Flint
      Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
      Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
      Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
      Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
      Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
      Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
      I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

      Image
      Full Character Sheet: Flint

      User avatar
      Jude Maverick
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 572
      Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
      Location: Chicago suburbs

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Jude Maverick » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:51 am

      Notice 7
      Notice 1d8 = 7: 7
      Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
      ***
      Oops!
      See other thread for scene with Alex about the Eyes of Ra!
      Jude sighed as he listened to Captain Lumkiss’ woes. “Well, being big, damn heroes didn’t last long, did it?” he asked Cantrell. “I miss our Bane. He never yelled.” Jude stood up. “I’ll try and smooth things over with the Fed brass.”

      Jude was a bit surprised to find Flint come up alongside him, and even more when the man vanished. They heard Bane before they even saw the man, and Jude sighed.

      Then Flint started speaking.

      Well, there goes my prepared speech, Jude thought. Though the creepy nowhere talk and the knife weren’t likely to make friends.

      Time to kiss ass.

      “Commander Bane,” Jude said, stepping forward. “I am truly sorry for everything that has occured. Steps are being taken right now to see to all of your complaints. We could do no less for one of the heroes of Gloom. Without the help of you and your forces, we could never have prevailed over Geist. This attack by her mystic knights just shows she knows who was truly responsible for her defeat.

      “I have personally spoken with the Legionnaire that is accused of stealing your wand. He assured me it wasn’t him who took it, that he gave it back before when he realized what had happened. We are currently discussing arrangements so that will never happen again.

      “I have my best dog boy on the hunt for you wand, sniffing it out in the library. As you know, they can smell magic. If anyone can find your wand, it is him.”

      Jude felt tension building behind his eyes, a throbbing migraine. God damn, the man was an insufferable prick. This much sucking up was making his head hurt.

      “Do you really want to bring this before Lord Dunscon?” Jude let a concerned tone seep into his voice. After all, he’d heard the stories. Dunscon wasn’t the most sane or stable ruler. He had power, yes, and powerful allies, but such power could be used to smite capriciously. It was best to remind Bane of that. “However, should you wish it, I would go before the Lords of Magic themselves and personally testify to your bravery and leadership in the Battle of Gloom. They really should have a medal waiting for you when you return.”

      Careful, Jude, don’t inflate his ego too much that he gets himself into trouble.

      God, I need an aspirin.
      Persuasion 31 7 Successes
      -5 scene penalty, No Matter the Cost +4 to roll for 2 Fatigue
      Persuasion 1d12+9 = 21: 12
      Ace 1d12+21 = 31: 10
      Wild 1d6+9 = 13: 4
      ***
      Conditions
      Fatigue -2
      Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
      Armor: 15/15 PPE
      Necklace: 15/15 PPE
      Bennies: 9/6
      Adventure Cards:
      • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
      • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
      • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
      Mission Objectives
      Jude Maverick
      Jude Maverick, Seasoned Human MARS Vagabond
      Parry: 6, Toughness: 13 (4)
      Armor PPE: 15/15
      Healing Stone PPE: 15/15
      Rifle Ammo: 49
      Spare clips 2 x 20 shots; 1 x 16 shots; 2 x 30 shots; 2 x 60 shots
      Pistol Ammo: 16
      Spare clips 2 x 16 shots
      Combat Edges:
      • Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
      • Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
      • Brave: +2 Fear tests
      • Elan: +2 on Benny rolls
      Bennies: 10/6
      Adventure Cards:
      • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
      • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
      • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
      Edit Signature
      All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

      User avatar
      Cantrell
      Posts: 331
      Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Cantrell » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 am

      Kn: Computers 1 Success
      Using Kn: Computers (d12), -6 Scene modifier
      Kn: Computers 1d12-6 = -1: 5
      Wild 1d6 = 3: 3-6 = -3
      Benny to Reroll with Elan
      Kn: Computers 1d12-4 = 7: 11 = Success
      Wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4
      Cantrell listens as Lumkiss and Ms. Dee describe one disaster after the next. With Jude and Flint headed upstairs to deal with the stick-in-his-ass version of Bane, and Libertas and the dragon headed outside to mete out the requisite violence, she decides -- with a sigh -- that her attention is most needed in the library.

      Jitters and Max appear to have turned the place upside by the time she gets there. Rather than wade into the bedlam, Cantrell sits down at the security console as if she owns the place, plugging in a thin wire to connect the computer to the skillsoft port implanted behind her ear. The hacking skill chip slotted there engages immediately and she slices into the encrypted security footage with little difficulty.

      Half a minute later, she has a series of video clips that show the sequence of events that led to the disappearance of the wand -- and it's current location.

      In the first clip, Bane can be seen talking briefly to the chief librarian, then walking to a secluded area of the library where he has an animated conversation with someone using a TW communicator. Most of what is said is unintelligible on the recording, due to distance from the security mics, but at the end of the call, he can be heard to say "You know where to find me."

      For the next several minutes, the Dweomer investigator peruses a few of the texts on display in the library, his back to the door. At the 3 minute mark, his coat is moved out of the way as he is pickpocketed by an invisible hand. The wand can be seen for a moment before disappearing into the invisible thief's clothing. To the camera, Bane appears oblivious, studiously paging through a library book.

      Moments later, another camera captures the wand appearing and being placed on a low shelf in the back of the library by the invisible thief. A few minutes after that, Master Dev Black walks into the library while carrying on a conversation on his own communicator.

      "Sure Hans, I can keep it secure for you until you return. No need to explain - you know I owe you from the last time," the dwarf says. After ending the call, he heads straight for the bookcase where the wand was hidden and places it into an ivory case inscribed with mystic symbols, which he then stores inside a cleverly concealed pouch hanging behind his gnarly dwarven beard.

      Cantrell smiles as she finishes uploading the files to a chip, then stands up and stretches. Nonchalant, she signals Jitters and Max, then moves to Master Dev Black. With cybernetically enhanced speed, she draws the particle beam pistol at her hip and points it at the dwarf's surprised face.

      "Sorry to be so forward, Master, but I've dealt with enough magic users of late not to take chances. How about you very slowly and carefully remove the pouch hiding behind your beard and hand it to my associate, Maximillian. I'd hate to have to make a mess all over the history section behind you."
      Nadya Cantrell
      Quick Stats
      Human MARS Mercenary Soldier (Former CS Military Specialist)
      Bennies: 2/4
      Attributes: Agility d10 (d12), Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d6 (d8) (d12+2), Vigor d10
      Charisma: 2 (3 if known); Pace: 8 (10) (1d10) or Flight Pace 30, Climb 1; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24 (10); Strain: 11/16
      Hindrances: Cautious; Code of Honor; Wanted (Coalition-Minor); Delusional (Minor-Thinks she's immune to temporal magic).
      Notice d12+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2
      Edges and Abilities of Note: Brave (+2 to fear tests); Danger Sense (Notice roll at -2 to detect surprise attack or ambush); Dodge (Attackers are -1 to hit with ranged attacks unless Nadya is surprised, +1 to Agility rolls to evade area effects); Level Headed (Draw two cards for initiative); Quick Draw (free action to ready weapon); Marksman (Gain the benefits of Aiming when don’t move); Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease); Fortune Favors the Bold (+1 Benny per session); Strong Willed (+2 to resist Tests of Will); She Who Fights Monsters (+1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and has The Drop on first round of combat, +1 bonus to resist powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus)
      Adventure Cards: 20 Last Stand You and adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness until a Joker is dealt. 22 Better You Than Me Play when you are hit by an attack to cause an adjacent friend or foe to suffer the attack instead. 43 Arcane Inspiration A character with an Arcane Background can play this card to use one of his powers as a free action or to use a power he doesn't have. 1 Contact You find an old friend or acquaintance who might help you somehow, but may ask for a favor in return.

      User avatar
      Jitters
      Posts: 157
      Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Jitters » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:13 pm

      "So that's why we haven't found it yet! We were just checking places and not people!"
      Jitters
      Jitters
      Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

      Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
      Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
      JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
      • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
      Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
      ISP: 30/30
      Bennies: 1

      Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

      Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
      Temp Stats
      Speed x3
      Adventure Card
      6 Rabbit out of My Hat
      Play this card to gain a +2 to any Trick test for the rest of the scene.
      11 Lucky Break
      Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
      32 Extra Effort
      Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

      User avatar
      Pender Lumkiss
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 2264
      Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:55 pm

      GM post incoming.
      13th GM bennies GM Bennies
      0/6
      Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
      4/8
      -1 to hit Vela with MW
      -3 for benny rolls on challenge
      Legends of the Black Bennies
      2/2

      User avatar
      Pender Lumkiss
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 2264
      Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am

      Something is at work set against the heroes of the 13th. The wheels turn and the so called villains pull back the curtain. With the heroes having gained the upper hand the remaining mystic knights, dissidents in the council chamber, and foes or could be allies in the Library spring into action in one last perhaps futile attempt to acheive their goals.
      Player Directions
      Check your name on the OCC tags, you will see the initiative and narative plus any GM damage or dice rolls that need to be resolved.
      • Each set of heroes has their own initiative deck and it takes a full turn to move into another groups scene and you will be delt in on the next initiative order.
      Story award: All heroes are +2 to all trait rolls and damage for the first round(Joker stacks, and only Cantrell gets the benefit of joker).
      • For initiative I deal out all the appropriate cards and for ease of use whichever side draws the highest card goes first. Then the action happens as people post.
      Please start your post with your location.

      Benny Bonanza: This whole adeventure probably caught many heroes to be surprised, and to some extent it might be odd to walk arround the castle during your time off decked out in your resplendant gear armed to the teeth prepared for battle. If you decide you are without items +1 benny, If you decide you do not have your armor +1 benny. That is a possibility of two bennies.
      Libertas and Zan, The last gasp of the mystic knights
      Initiative Order: Players then Mystic knights.
      Combat Details on Mystic Knight's: Cha: +2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 20 (12); -1 to hit range attacks
      OOC Comments
      Mystic knight 4 total: Invalid dice code! 9H
      Libertas(quick): Invalid dice code! level headed Invalid dice code! KH
      Zan Invalid dice code! reroll Invalid dice code! reroll Invalid dice code!
      From high on the battlements of the castle the chromium legion gazes down on the icy acid smoked dredges of the Dweomer Shanty town. The mystic knights are frozen melted scraps of metal. The sword in Libertas's tail twitches precariously near Libertas' head as of deiven by the will of its dead master. Captian of the Chromium legion, Sunny Golden Calls out to Libertas, Zan, and their Dweomer allies, "More mystics knights are coming from the south, We have reports of a scuffle in the library and a litch is trying to take out the council in Stargazeers private sanctum." Another glitterboy with a fair amout lf surprise counters, "Isn't that place suppose to be a magic free zone? Can someone find the damn fire control rods?"

      A cyber knight familiar to Zan leads much of the forces of Dweomer to route the rest of the mystic knights. The cyber knight commander seems well adept in countering these evil magical knights. Spell after spell seems to bounce off his armor. Down the hill Libertas and Zan can see his almost gleeful smile as he drives his shinning psi-sword through head after head of the evil mystic knights. Even ones that seem to be invisibly cloaked find themselves at the mercy of this knight. His fervor is so thorough that when some of the mystic knights retreat he offers them no quarter and disapears into the surrounding countryside presumable to hunt them down.

      However, four determined ones slip through and find Libertas and Zan discussing necromancy and Geist. The lead mystic knight calls out to them, while his allies grab women and children as hostages, " Where is she wizard? You speak of the one we seek. Call her to you and we will set these pour souls free." His voice seems filled with curbed rage, and more than a little desperate in hoping Libertas can do what he asks. The knights seemed armed with magic blades and pump pistols with arcane tw sigls on them. Their armor is twisted and fearsome. They each seem to have a dark etheral glow about them that would indicate some sort of protective shroud.
      The knights are 10-20" away the leader does not have a hostage, but the other three do. You could easily hit all four with a large burst templet or cone and 2 with a medium. Zan and Libertas it is your go!
      Jude and Flint, against the Federation Shape Shifter and undead litch Necromancer
      Initiative Order: Players then bad guys.
      --Flint saw this coming a mile away and has a drop.
      --Club draws: Jude
      Bad Guys data:
      --Undead Litch Necromancer (WC): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 12 (4)
      --Shape Shifter: Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 15 (7)
      --Zombies(2): Pace: 4; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8
      OOC Comments
      Federation of Magic: Invalid dice code! 7C
      Jude: Invalid dice code! 2C
      Flint saw this coming a mile away and has the drop: Invalid dice code! 9D
      Bane seems to calm down for the time being. He looks at Jude and for the recently disapeared Flint. His head nods at much of what Jude says, although the mention of his wand being taken, even innocently by Jitters, still holds a bitter taste for him to swallow.
      " Your words make sense, Jude... Yes your name is known to even me, you are the commander of the allied forces... Your skill, cunning, and trust you place in so called allies is something even I admire. Perhaps much of what has happened here is an innocent mistake that can be overlooked... A voice also made sense perhaps one of your comrades, a skilled ventriloquist... Perhaps it does not matter." His voice drops to a seething whisper, "Jitters will rue the day."

      Bane gestures for an errand boy and whispers to him, the boy leaves. Bane gazes at all members of the council as well as Jude " My people will fight the mystic knights. I have sent word to an ally, Cyber Knight Commander Zee Hail, he will lead my forces while we finish here. I know the knight is much vaunted for his ruthlessness against magic users who have lost their way." Bane steeples his fingers, " I will not hinder the councils efforts in paralence with the Lord's of Magic. But know this I maintain the peace in Dweomer and I will not tolerate thievery of any kind in my city."

      A figure wearing a dark shadow cloak appears out of nowhere next to bane surprising most in the chamber. She has a knife drawn and reaches for him attempting to hold him captive. She is a radiant beauty with locks of golden hair. Her face shifts briefly and suddenly she has raven black hair. She has a dark heavy set armor. She exclaims clutching hold of Bane," What would the Lords say when they hear word their precious captian has been slain in the Tomorrow Legions own inner sactum!" Bane's face is one of shock as he clearly thought as did most that magic in these chambers did not work.

      2 gaurdsmen burst in, " Sorry for the intrusion, we have reports of more mystic knights coming from the south, and Isaiah has called for help in the grand Library. Someone has also disabled the Chromium... Hey whats going on here!?". Before the guards can react they grab their throats falling to the ground with a dark green energy wafting off their bodies.

      From a corner in the sanctum a person overlooked by most rises. She has withered hands and a face beaten down by time so that all remaining is half a crooked skeleton. Her black garb makes her almost look like a Spector of death. She holds a white crystallin dagger aloft, it has been dretched in black blood. By the gash on her green rotting arm, her blood most likely. Her voice is harsh and filled with dread, " Blood magic, Captian, more old than you know and easily capable of foiling Stargazer's precious wards." She points at the two gaurds who rise ashen faced and with yellow eyes. " Grab the pretty one and find that old man, Flint... His blood will be useful against the women he so dearly loves. As for the rest of you... Stay still and don't speak."

      The two zombies gaurds start to move towards Jude as Flint is nowhere to be found. A series of black blood glyphs entrap the feet and mouths of most other council members. A nefarious peice of sticky magic: the blood filled version of carpet of adhesion. One raven haired muscular women leaps from her seat avoiding the entangling spell. She goes back to back with Jude offering him a vibroblade that could only be made from Nurini enterprises. Her scent is as sensual as it is disorienting. Her body is lithe and althletic, she flashes Jude a grin. The woman known as Sadie says to the hag of a woman, " In your dreams Rogellia you undead bitch, If I know Flint he is going to fry you before you can use him against me. " She smiles at Jude warmly and whispers to him, "Its been a long time Jude, not since you warned me about the CS hit squad coming after me in my little queendom of Ebonmore. These zombie gaurds don't look like murder wraiths but if these guys are Feds, we need to take the zombies out by decapitaction and do not let them bite anyone! If we make it out I will thank you properly. Now where did my husband run off too!"
      Jude you are in the center of a room about 2-6" for everyone. Sadie is offering a sword in case you came with no weapons. The only kind of magic that works here is blood magic.

      Flint you can be anywhere(in the room, in the staircase leading up to it). I think you thought about leaving the room, but your spider senses tingled and so stayed... Zapper innate abilities will work fine but your psionics powers not so much. The one ring works fine.
      Jitters, Max, Cantrell, A race for the wand and a 3 way kerfuffle
      Initiative Order: players(Cantrell with a Joker), Team Ironguts, Team Dev Black
      Players in this scene get a benny!
      Dev Black (WC): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13(4)
      Team Dev Black:
      • Shifter(Rift runner): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (3)
      • Mind Melter: Cha: −2; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 11 (5)
      • Samson Power Armor: Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 21 (12) MDC
      • Catalina(CS specialist): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 14 (6)
      Alenhammer Irongut: Cha: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (5)
      • 2 gunslinging bandits: Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 11 (5)
      OOC Comments
      Dev Black's Team: Invalid dice code!
      Alenhammer Ironguts Team: Invalid dice code!
      Cantrell: Invalid dice code! lH Invalid dice code!
      Jitters(quick) Invalid dice code!
      Max(quick) Invalid dice code! LH Invalid dice code! ILHInvalid dice code!
      Narative:
      The team from the 13th figured out where the wand was not, what half of the Library it was in and who exactly had it. Dev Black stands up from half sleeping during the search. " Oh youdda like the pouch wouldda?" He grins at Cantrell who is holding the pistol at him. "Seems like the legendary 13th is out numbered and out gunned." The shifter, mind melter, and Samson PA that were gauding the entrence all step forward all brandishing weapons: magic, mind, and plasma rifle.

      The soldier in the Samson PA says in a crisp command of english, " Boss. Someone has disabled the Legions glitter boys. And reports coming out of the council chamber indicate some kind of federation attack. Now is the time to get out.". The soldier levels his plasma rifle at the heroes of the 13th.

      Dev taps the pouch and chuckles, " Now, I know a friend in Dweomer, a small dwarve, who will be mighty happy to have this. Seems like there are two lost little cyberknights hanging onto 2 or 3 dragon eggs and he tells me this little stick will help him find them. Imagine a couple of dragons to do your bidding, that would certainly make you the main man."

      Nearby Alenhammer, the uncle to Sono cries foul. His two western looking friends pull their blasters and aiming them warily at everyone. " Dev, that was not the agreement! The Brethan wand was to be mine. I have half the payment here!" He pulls out a red ruby from his satchel.

      Master Dev Black laughs hard, " It was for the pair friend, no hard feelings yeah? Tell ya what, you help us oudda here and I'll set you and your nephew up for life in the Federation.". Alanhammer looks at his two gunslining allies considering Dev Black's proposal.

      From behind a disheveled desk Isaih Comstock peaks out exclaiming at Aelenhammer, " What! You have one eye of Ra!! If I had the other one I would wipe my own blood on it fix them to my eyes and burn you to a crisp. Well maybe not all that, but I will get the Legion security to arrest all of you." He lifts his radio to his mouth only to have his eyes roll into the back of his head. Isaiah slumps to the ground and his mousey blond assistant is standing behind him with a syringe.

      Dev sneerks at the heroes tick tocking the pouch with the wand, " That will do Catalina..." The two Altarans listening to audio books also slump to the ground. A laser pistol and vibro knife lying near their limp hands. Dev continues," I figure after reading your after action reports, you guys are some goddam heroes. The 13th so quiet they can save the world twice over. Legends... Heroes heroes. Desitined to eat legion gruel and lick the boot print of mucky mucks. I thought about cutting you in... I did... But I figure having Catalina poison Isiah and those two Altaran's would be insurance enough. I beleive the antidote is all the way in the infirmary on the far side of the castle you would be lucky to make it ..." He stops is villianous monolog when as if for the first time realizing Jitters is in the Library. It is clear he and his goons are going to try to make a getaway. Angrily he looks at Jitters, " Now you stand still hotshot or this stick breaks." He holds the stick within the pouch in such a way he will get the chance to break the stick should any sudden movements happen.

      Max still woozy from the effort put in to fetch finds a shiny tablet near the desk he collided with. You are not sure how a 8x11 pad made it there. Etched into the back of it is a famliar future brigade emblem, and the words The best gal that ever walked both earths- Alex The large stained glass of the Librarys east wall ( closest to the gaggle of folks) is near the RA motor pool!

      Isiah feeling the poison coursing through his body still fights through it enough to whisper in his open comm channel, " The Library, we need back up."
      Everyone is about 1-6" apart, and the exit is 8" away.
      Infimary is 120" away.
      Max, if you choose to operate Nadine you are at a -2 using the remote control interface.


      Ok guys a little combat! Make sure you read the player directions and good luck.
      13th GM bennies GM Bennies
      0/6
      Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
      4/8
      -1 to hit Vela with MW
      -3 for benny rolls on challenge
      Legends of the Black Bennies
      2/2

      User avatar
      Jitters
      Posts: 157
      Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Jitters » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:44 pm

      Notice 9
      1d6+2 = 7: 5
      Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3: 1
      Common Knowledge 3
      1d8-1 = 1: 2
      Wild Die 1d6-1 = 1: 2
      Smarts 8
      1d8-1 = 6: 7
      Wild Die 1d6-1 = 5: 6 Ace!
      Wild Die Ace 1d6+5 = 6: 1
      Jitters focus's his mind inward on being more stealthy.

      Split the Seconds Action 1
      Expert Training Pisonics 11
      1d10+2 = 9: 7
      Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3
      -8 ISP
      Boosting Strength
      Split the Seconds Action 2
      Pick Pocket the Wand off of Dev Black and Activate Deflection
      This action is no longer needed
      1d12+1 = 10: 9
      Wild Die 1d6+1 = 6: 5
      -1 Benny Extra Effort 1d6+10 = 13: 3
      Improved TK Forcefield Psionics 6
      1d10+1 = 6: 5
      Wild Die 1d6+1 = 3: 2
      -8 ISP
      Paul Bunyan and Rator vs. Dev Black
      Fighting Attack 1 18 Damage 25 AP 2
      Attack 1 1d12-2 = 10: 12 Ace!
      Attack 1 Ace 1d12+10 = 16: 6
      Attack 2 1d12-2 = 6: 8 This roll is no longer needed
      Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1: 3

      Paul Bunyan Damage
      Str 1d12 = 4: 4 + 4 (Boosted)
      Sword 2d8 = 9: 2, 7
      Raise 1d6 = 4: 4
      +2 Electricity Damage
      +2 Bonus Damage

      This Damage is no longer needed
      Rator Damage
      Str 1d12 = 9: 9
      Sword Damage 1d10+2 = 8: 6
      +1 Electricity Damage
      All attacks against Jitters now suffer a -4 to their rolls.

      In a blur of speed almost to quick to register, Jitters rushes forward and slashes Dev Black's arm off at the elbow, saying "I just dis-armed, bitch!"
      Last edited by Jitters on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
      Jitters
      Jitters
      Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

      Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
      Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
      JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
      • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
      Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
      ISP: 30/30
      Bennies: 1

      Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

      Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
      Temp Stats
      Speed x3
      Adventure Card
      6 Rabbit out of My Hat
      Play this card to gain a +2 to any Trick test for the rest of the scene.
      11 Lucky Break
      Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
      32 Extra Effort
      Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

      User avatar
      Pender Lumkiss
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 2264
      Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:13 pm

      Jitters Disarmed him and He took 2 wounds
      Dev Black str to resist the disarm:
      1d8 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 1: 1

      Dev Black benny to soak with elan 1d8+2 = 6: 4 wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
      Dev stumbles back grabbing his bloodied stump, the look of shock is on his face. His severed hand twitches slightly. Dev cries out putting in everything he has to stay upright," You crazy quick bastard! My fucking arm, wudda you doing cutting off arms! Well you might have the wand but..." Dev jerks his head to Isiah and the Altarans dying from the poison, " You were there only hope you bloodthirsty crazy!"
      13th GM bennies GM Bennies
      0/6
      Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
      4/8
      -1 to hit Vela with MW
      -3 for benny rolls on challenge
      Legends of the Black Bennies
      2/2

      User avatar
      Jitters
      Posts: 157
      Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Jitters » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm

      Pender Lumkiss wrote:
      Jitters Disarmed him and He took 2 wounds
      Dev Black str to resist the disarm:
      Original post: 1d8 = 2: 2 wild Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1

      Dev Black benny to soak with elan Original post: 1d8+2 = 6: 4 wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
      Dev stumbles back grabbing his bloodied stump, the look of shock is on his face. His severed hand twitches slightly. Dev cries out putting in everything he has to stay upright," You crazy quick bastard! My fucking arm, wudda you doing cutting off arms! Well you might have the wand but..." Dev jerks his head to Isiah and the Altarans dying from the poison, " You were there only hope you bloodthirsty crazy!"
      "Don't worry about them, I still have plenty of time!" Jitters boasts.
      Jitters
      Jitters
      Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

      Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
      Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
      JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
      • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
      Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
      ISP: 30/30
      Bennies: 1

      Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

      Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
      Temp Stats
      Speed x3
      Adventure Card
      6 Rabbit out of My Hat
      Play this card to gain a +2 to any Trick test for the rest of the scene.
      11 Lucky Break
      Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
      32 Extra Effort
      Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

      User avatar
      Cantrell
      Posts: 331
      Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Cantrell » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:10 pm

      Notice 11, CK 9
      Notice 1d8+6 = 11: 5
      Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1

      Common Knowledge 1d8+4 = 9: 5
      Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1
      Rolls
      Activates Fires of Reality (greater smite) from the Red Gauntlet on p-beam pistol with a Spirit roll, -2 MAP, +4 to rolls this round
      Spirit 1d12+2 = 9: 7 = Success with a Raise, +8 damage
      Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5

      Uses Rapid Attack to fire 6 shots from the pistol, starting with Dev Black, then the shifter, mind melter, Catalina, and finally 2 shots at the Samson
      Shooting is 1d12+6 normally, +4 bonus this round, -2 MAP, -4 Rapid Attack
      Shooting vs. Dev Black 1d12+4 = 16: 12
      Ace 1d12+16 = 18: 2 = Success with a raise
      Shooting vs. shifter 1d12+4 = 9: 5 = Success with a raise
      Shooting vs. mind melter 1d12+4 = 8: 4 = Success with a raise
      Shooting vs. Catalina 1d12+4 = 5: 1 = Success
      Shooting vs. PA soldier 1d12+4 = 6: 2
      Shooting vs. PA soldier 1d12+4 = 9: 5 = Success with a raise
      Wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6
      Ace 1d6+10 = 12: 2 = Success with a raise, subbed for first shot agains PA soldier

      Damage is 2d8+4, +8 for greater smite, +4 this round

      Damage vs. Dev Black 2d8+16 = 28: 7, 5 + 1d6 = 3: 3 = 31 damage, AP 4 = 5 wounds
      Damage vs. shifter 2d8+16 = 25: 8, 1 + 1d6 = 1: 1 = Ace! 1d8+26 = 33: 7 = 33 damage, AP 4 = 6 wounds
      Damage vs. mind melter 2d8+16 = 29: 5, 8 + 1d6 = 4: 4 = Ace! 1d8+33 = 35: 2 = 35 damage, AP 4 = 7 wounds
      Damage vs. Catalina 2d8+16 = 31: 7, 8 + 1d6 = 3: 3 = Ace! 1d8+34 = 38: 4 = Shouldn't have been raise damage, so = 35 damage, AP 4 = 6 wounds
      Damage vs. PA soldier 2d8+16 = 26: 6, 4 + 1d6 = 1: 1 = 27 damage, AP 4 = 2 wounds
      Damage vs. PA soldier 2d8+16 = 25: 3, 6 + 1d6 = 1: 1 = 26 damage, AP 4 = 2 wounds
      Cantrell has Dev Black dead to rights, but before she can pull the trigger, Jitters hacks off the dwarf's arm, which drops to the ground holding the purloined wand. The dwarf starts screaming and swearing vengeance, which is annoying, so Cantrell focuses that annoyance into the temporal lodestone embedded in the Red Gauntlet, which glows with white fire, imbuing her particle beam pistol with magical energy. Then she starts pulling the trigger, and doesn't stop until pretty much everyone is lying on the floor, bleeding out. (Greater smite with a raise, then Rapid Attack to fire 6 shots.)

      Her first shot plugs Dev Black in the eye (31 damage, AP 4 = 5 wounds). The second shot blasts through the skull of the shifter, temple to temple (33 damage, AP 4 = 6 wounds). The third shot burns a smoking third eye in the forehead of the mind melter (35 damage, AP 4 = 7 wounds). The fourth shot burrows between Catalina's eyes (35 damage, AP 4 = 6 wounds). The fifth and sixth shots target the Samson power, one through the neck and the other shattering the visor (27 damage, AP 4 = 2 wounds and 26 damage, AP 4 = 2 wounds).

      As smoke trails from the barrel of her gun, she turns to Alenhammer Ironguts.

      "I kind of like your nephew, so how about you drop your weapons and don't make me choose which two of you I shoot before changing clips."
      Nadya Cantrell
      Quick Stats
      Human MARS Mercenary Soldier (Former CS Military Specialist)
      Bennies: 2/4
      Attributes: Agility d10 (d12), Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d6 (d8) (d12+2), Vigor d10
      Charisma: 2 (3 if known); Pace: 8 (10) (1d10) or Flight Pace 30, Climb 1; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24 (10); Strain: 11/16
      Hindrances: Cautious; Code of Honor; Wanted (Coalition-Minor); Delusional (Minor-Thinks she's immune to temporal magic).
      Notice d12+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2
      Edges and Abilities of Note: Brave (+2 to fear tests); Danger Sense (Notice roll at -2 to detect surprise attack or ambush); Dodge (Attackers are -1 to hit with ranged attacks unless Nadya is surprised, +1 to Agility rolls to evade area effects); Level Headed (Draw two cards for initiative); Quick Draw (free action to ready weapon); Marksman (Gain the benefits of Aiming when don’t move); Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease); Fortune Favors the Bold (+1 Benny per session); Strong Willed (+2 to resist Tests of Will); She Who Fights Monsters (+1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and has The Drop on first round of combat, +1 bonus to resist powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus)
      Adventure Cards: 20 Last Stand You and adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness until a Joker is dealt. 22 Better You Than Me Play when you are hit by an attack to cause an adjacent friend or foe to suffer the attack instead. 43 Arcane Inspiration A character with an Arcane Background can play this card to use one of his powers as a free action or to use a power he doesn't have. 1 Contact You find an old friend or acquaintance who might help you somehow, but may ask for a favor in return.

      User avatar
      Pender Lumkiss
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 2264
      Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:56 pm

      Team Dev Black and Dev black himself die how Cantrell says
      Dev Black-dead: last benny 1d8+2 = 6: 4 wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ace 1d6 = 2: 2

      Samson PA: Gm benny 1 1d8+2 = 5: 3 wild 1d8+2 = 8: 6 ace 1d6 = 2: 2
      Samson PA-dead: GM benny: 2 1d8+2 = 5: 3 wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3 reroll GM benny 3 1d8+2 = 7: 5 wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
      Dev Black sprawls to the floor blood sputtering from his lips, " Fucking Hans." He chuckles at the humor of it all and stops breathing.

      The two gunlingers, and Alenhammer look at the five dead folks and the wand lying on the ground in a pool of blood. They look at Cantrell stupidly weighing their options. Then Alen looks at the dogboy max and asks, " So what do you think? Do we got good odds? I hear you used to run with the black market. I got friends there still, a monkey man named Geroge just took me out to breakfast earlier today. Gattica!"
      Gattica
      one of the most sacred of all Black Market phrases... translates to Parely.
      13th GM bennies GM Bennies
      0/6
      Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
      4/8
      -1 to hit Vela with MW
      -3 for benny rolls on challenge
      Legends of the Black Bennies
      2/2

      User avatar
      Jude Maverick
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 572
      Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
      Location: Chicago suburbs

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Jude Maverick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:22 am

      Notice 2
      Notice 1d8 = 2: 2
      Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
      ***

      “Just leave Jitters be, Bane,” Jude said. “The wand will be returned, no harm, no foul on our part. We don’t plan any thievery.”

      Then Jude gasped in surprise as a figure suddenly appears, putting a vibroknife to Bane’s throat. She is a radiant golden beauty, but then her form shifts to dark-haired gorgeous.

      Guards rushed in, announcing more trouble with the mystic knights, and in the library.

      Great.

      And then a desiccated near corpse rises, turning the guards into zombies and locking the council members in place.

      One of the council members leaps from her seat, avoiding the magic, and presses a blade into Jude’s hands.

      "It's been a long time Jude, not since you warned me about the CS hit squad coming after me in my little queendom of Ebonmore. These zombie guards don't look like murder wraiths, but if these guys are Feds, we need to take the zombies out by decapitation, and do not let them bite anyone! If we make it out, I will thank you properly. Now where did my husband run off too!" the woman said.

      “Sadie?” Jude said with surprise. It had been a long time. And she looked at beautiful as ever. “Take care of yourself. Bane, just...hold tight.”

      Jude eyed the zombies. Great. He didn’t have armor, or his usual weapons, and he had a raging headache. He had his necklace and the healing stone in his pocket, but they wouldn’t work in the wards.

      “You seriously think this is enough when you face members of the Thirteenth?”Jude asked. “I took down a mystic knight with one hand. I put a laser through the head of an ex-girlfriend. You really think I won’t drill you through Bane? I FUCKING PUT SCARA AND GEIST IN THEIR GOD DAMNED GRAVES!”
      Intimidation 18
      -2 Fatigue, -2 MAP
      Intimidation 1d10-2 = 7: 9
      Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
      Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 13: 6
      Ace 1d6+13 = 18: 5
      Jude lifted his vibrosword and met the first zombie, swinging to strike off its head, but he whiffed completely.
      Decapitation -2
      Called shot -4, Fatigue -2, MAP -2
      Fighting 1d8-8 = -2: 6
      Wild 1d6-8 = -7: 1
      ***
      Conditions
      Toughness: 6 (No armor)
      Fatigue -2
      Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
      Armor: 15/15 PPE
      Necklace: 15/15 PPE
      Bennies: 10/6
      Adventure Cards:
      • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
      • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
      • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
      Mission Objectives
      Jude Maverick
      Jude Maverick, Seasoned Human MARS Vagabond
      Parry: 6, Toughness: 13 (4)
      Armor PPE: 15/15
      Healing Stone PPE: 15/15
      Rifle Ammo: 49
      Spare clips 2 x 20 shots; 1 x 16 shots; 2 x 30 shots; 2 x 60 shots
      Pistol Ammo: 16
      Spare clips 2 x 16 shots
      Combat Edges:
      • Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
      • Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
      • Brave: +2 Fear tests
      • Elan: +2 on Benny rolls
      Bennies: 10/6
      Adventure Cards:
      • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
      • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
      • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
      Edit Signature
      All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

      User avatar
      Z'Anomandir
      Posts: 30
      Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:26 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Z'Anomandir » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:09 am

      Notice=5 Common
      Notice: 1d6 = 5: 5
      WILD dye: 1d6 = 3: 3

      Common Knowledge: 1d6 = 4: 4
      WILD dye: 1d6 = 5: 5
      Zan finishes healing the wound on Libertas's head as he listens intently to the techno-wizard give detailed answers to his questions.
      Libertas wrote:"I am from Stormspire..its greatest son..
      If I'm supposed to get paid, I get paid...But there's lines I won't cross--bad jobs..
      ..necromancy... It has some fluid meanings..
      ..by some reckonings, healing magic is a form of necromancy...
      ..one who harvests power from death and suffering...
      ..I stole it from an evil woman, and am using it to do good things, or at least try to. Am I being clear?"
      The dragon-man takes this all in with a look of open wonder on his face as he looks at Libertas. "Amazing. I have so much to learn from you, Greatest Son of Stormspire! So you are not a necromancer but you use items infused with necromantic power to try to do good things, sort of like..." Zan gets a confused look on his face for a moment as he searches for the right word. "..atonement. Yes, it is as if you use the dark power already locked within these items to atone for their very creation!"

      Zan releases Libertas's arm as the continuing battle once again arrests his attention. He sees the familiar cyberknight tear through the mystic knights. Zan points at him and tells Libertas "Hey! That's my friend from the battle with Geist! He was one of the ones asking about you." But before Zan can follow his cyberknight friend more mystic knights show up.
      Mystic knights wrote:" Where is she wizard? You speak of the one we seek. Call her to you and we will set these pour souls free."
      With a confused look on his face Zan tells them, "But I thought Geist is dead. We already defeated her." Zan starts walking toward the knights and their prisoners. "So you will set them free now!" he yells as he unleashes a psychic attack on the 2 nearest mystic knights but the inexperienced dragon fails to prepare himself properly for the exertion. He drops to his knees and unleashes a raw psychic scream in an expanding wave around him as pain lances through his skull, strangely reminiscent of Tiamat's overwhelming presence during the battle with Geist. Blood runs from his human nostrils and stains his white cyberknight armor. He looks at the red river, first with mild fascination and then with alarm as realizes what has happened. He shakes his head clear and glances back at Libertas, fearing the worst. "Son of Stormspire, are you alright? I seem to have had an accident.."
      Psionics=CRIT FAIL
      Hibernation (Slumber)
      • Power Points: 2
      • Range: Smarts x 2
      • Duration: 1 minute (1/minute)
      • Effect: The caster picks where he wants to center the spell and places a Medium Burst Template. He then makes an arcane skill roll. Any living creature (not undead or constructs) within the area must make a Spirit roll, at –2 if the caster scored a raise. Those who fail fall asleep. Loud noises awaken the sleepers as if they were a normal sleeper (Notice roll). When the duration expires, the sleepers naturally wake up.
      • Trappings: Frigid winds sap the energy from the target(s), causing them to fall into an unnatural slumber. By reducing the power's range is to half, numb hands and involuntary shivering require a Vigor roll (at –2 on a raise) to avoid cold-based Fatigue. This additional effect is negated by any resistance to cold.
      Major Psionic ===> use 4 ISP for +2 to roll

      Psionics: 1d6+2 = 3: 1
      WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 3: 1
      summary
      [*]walked @ pace 6 toward the mystic knights
      [*]tried to use sleep psionic power but crit failed (LBT psychic scream centered on Zan; he is shaken and other allies must make Spirit roll)
      [*]-6 total ISP for failed psionic attack (Base 2 + Major Psionic ===> use 4 ISP for +2 to roll)
      [*]use 1 benny to unshake
      Z'Anomandir
      Z'Anomandir
      Ice Dragon
      Legendary Table reward: Badass Family: gain 2 attribute points for the character and his descendants (+1 dye type each to Agility, Smarts)
      Bennies: 6/3
      • +1 for following directions during debriefing
      • +1 for including Shalla in interlude
      • -1 to unshake from brainburn due to crit fail psionic roll
      • +1 for Lucky O'Malley post
      • +1 for post-battle breakfast talk

      Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8
      Charisma: -2; Pace: 6 (Fly 12, Climb 0); Parry: 6; Toughness: 34 (16 MDC); In human form w/ armor on = 13 (6); PPE: 20; ISP: 20
      Notice d6, Common Knowledge d6, K-Arcana d4
      Hindrances:
      • TBD
      • TBD
      • TBD
      • Outsider(-2 CHA)
      • Large (+2 to be hit)
      • Enemies (CS)
      • Territorial

      Edges and Abilities of Note:
      • AB (Psionic), Major Psionic, AB (Magic)
      • Power Surge: gain 2d6 PP or ISP when dealt a Joker for initiative
      • Icy Breath: 12/24/48 for 4d6 MD or Cone for 2d10 MD
      • Claws/Bite (Iconic): Naturally massive teeth and talons (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage)
      • Tail Lash (Iconic): Sweep a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, (Str+d8 Mega Damage)
      • Impervious to Cold: Ice and cold do not affect an Ice dragon at all. Non-variable frequency lasers do only half damage due to the reflecting nature of their icy hide.
      • Infravision (Iconic): halve the penalties for dark lighting against living targets
      • Slow Regeneration (Iconic): These creatures can even regenerate lost limbs over time, making a natural healing roll once per day.
      • Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.


      WOUNDS:

      Adventure Cards
      -Villanious Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan.
      -Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

      PPE: 20/20
      Powers: Freeze entangle ; Battle Shards deflection ; Fortify/Sap boost/lower trait
      ISP: 20/20
      Powers: Hibernation slumber ; Cold Snap dispel ; Blizzard Spirit intangibility

      TW Medium Cyberknight Armor: healing

      User avatar
      Libertas Magicum
      Bronze Patron
      Bronze Patron
      Posts: 555
      Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

      Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

      Post by Libertas Magicum » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:56 am

      OOC Comments
      Decline Benny for leaving behind gear. Lib knows that there's thieves around the castle, nothing gets left unguarded!
      ALL ROLLS GET AN ADDITIONAL +2. I forgot to add the first-round scene award.

      Resist Brainburn:
      Spirit 1d6+1 = 4: 3
      Wild Spirit 1d6+1 = 5: 4
      Easily resist Brainburn with the +2

      Actions: Construct Dispel Device. Activate Exalted Dispel. Draw Pummel Device. Use Greater Pummel to try to scatter the Knights from their hostages.
      -4 MAP to all actions

      Build Roll (Dispel) 1d12+1 = 3: 2
      Wild Build 1d6+1 = 4: 3
      Even iwth the +2, that's a 6--Basic Success: Dispel device with 12 PPE

      Activate Exalted Dispel 1d12+1 = 11: 10
      Wild Dispel 1d6+1 = 5: 4
      Extra Effort Benny Running Total 1d6+11 = 13: 2
      Exalted Dispel of 15 (due to +2) vs TW gear (shuts down ALL of the TW gear of the Mystic Knights for 1d6 = 6: 6 minutes--enjoy your tinker-toys, lads.)
      Knights must resist Dispel for any active Powers. Since their casting is a different 'flavor' from TW, Lib's roll against them is only an 13, meaning they need a 14 for each Power they have cast to resist the dispel.
      Drains 6 PPE from the Device, leaving it with 6 more.

      Activate Pummel Device 1d12+1 = 5: 4
      Wild Pummel 1d6+1 = 7: 6
      ACE Running Total 1d6+1 = 2: 1
      Er, that should've been +7 for the running total, not +1, so the Greater Pummel total is 10 after the +2 bonus, a Raise, cone burst template affecting all the Knights.
      All targets must roll Strength -4 or be knocked 3d6 inches away (roll separately for each target that fails to resist), are knocked prone, and Shaken. As there are innocent hostages in the mix, Lib will maneuver so as to knock everyone along the street, rather than into a wall.
      Lib had started to reply to Zan's statement about 'atoning' for the items' creation, when their conversation is so rudely interrupted by the resurgent Mystic Knights. Wincing only momentarily at the psychic scream, he nods to Zan. "I am fine." He continues speaking, even as hand and tail go into action. "Here, allow me to give a practical demonstration of the Staff's operation." Cables drop from the Staff in his left hand, plugging into the gear Lib keeps ready as he hurriedly forges an Etheric Destablizer, which he then points at the Knights, shutting down their gear, and hopefully some of their active magics, as well. "The Staff allows me to automate several functions for building and operating devices. This lets me be even more amazing than normal. You'll note that our enemies have lost much of their protection, and their gear is suddenly less useful than it had been."

      Meanwhile, the tail pulls out his Marianas Cannon and fires it, spraying a powerful jet of water at the entire crowd--it shouldn't actually injure the hostages, but hopefully it will scatter and disable the Knights long enough for the innocents to clear the field of fire. "One of these days, I should arm-mount the cannon so I don't have to waste time unholstering the nozzle..."
      Libertas Magicorum
      OOC Comments
      Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
      Active effects: none
      Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (6) [Adventure Armor]
      Weapon in hand: Puzzle-Cube
      Weapon in tail: Staff of Libertas' Bad-assness
      Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman
      Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel
      Charisma: 0
      Q2 Adventure Cards (no plays left):
      14: In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
      Enemy (PLAYED Q2-18): Get a Personal Nemesis. Until resolved, draw one extra Adventure Card each Session.
      PPE: 20/20
      Bennies: 4/2
      Wounds: 0
      Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6

      Active Devices/Remaining PPE:

        User avatar
        Pender Lumkiss
        Diamond Patron
        Diamond Patron
        Posts: 2264
        Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

        Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:43 am

        Location: Outside, Mystic knights
        OOC Comments
        Leader Mystic knight Spell Casting 1d10 = 1: 1
        Leader Mystic knight Str Casting 1d10 = 7: 7
        3d6 = 8: 2, 5, 1
        Shaken!

        1 Mystic knight Spell Casting 1d10 = 3: 3
        1 Mystic knight Str Casting 1d10 = 4: 4
        3d6 = 9: 1, 5, 3
        Shaken!

        2 Mystic knight Spell Casting 1d10 = 7: 7
        2 Mystic knight Str Casting 1d10 = 8: 8
        Holds his ground

        3 Mystic knight Spell Casting 1d10 = 9: 9
        3 Mystic knight Str Casting 1d10 = 4: 4
        3d6 = 13: 4, 4, 5
        Shaken!

        Civilians 3d6 = 9: 5, 1, 3Shaken!

        The leader and two of his knights along with all the civilians are tossed into the middle of the shanty village about a good 55 ft or so, now they are 100ftish (30-40") away from Lib and Zan. The one that holds his ground drops his magical gear and extends a pair of vibro claws from his armored gauntlets. He shouts at Libertas and Zan quit possibly further annoying Libertas, " I am Draken, of dragon blood. Second in command of the grim reaper cult of Dweomer! You may have murdered my brothers, but mark this day... We seek Geist and now we seek you!!" Emboldened and possibly seeing that Liberta's albino guard Zan is momentarily distracted in a fit of rage he rushes Libertas meaning to take him out.
        (( I will do their turn once all players have posted))
        Location: Stargazeers inner sanctum
        Jude is successful with the raise in intimidating the shapeshifter, also don't forget the +2 to rolls and damage all players got as a story reward
        Shapeshifter resist vs indimidate 1d6 = 1: 1
        The shape shifter drops her blade she was going to slice Bane's neck with. She seems to be thoroughly considering a career change from assassin to home maker. Sadie whispers to Jude half joking, " Sounds like you had a bad week Jude. We get out of here and massages are on me... I know this grack with the softest hands."
        (( Will do the NPCs turns once all players have gone))
        13th GM bennies GM Bennies
        0/6
        Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
        4/8
        -1 to hit Vela with MW
        -3 for benny rolls on challenge
        Legends of the Black Bennies
        2/2

        User avatar
        Maximilian
        Silver Patron
        Silver Patron
        Posts: 573
        Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 pm

        Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Maximilian » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:35 pm

        Intimidation
        Max is not wearing his armor. +1 benny. Max never goes without company. At least one vibrosword and pistol are on him at all times.

        Intimidation to keep Ironguts and his goons in check - unskilled, -2, fatigue, -2, scene bonus, +2, net -2
        1d4-2 = 1: 3

        WD Intimidation
        1d6-2 = 1: 3

        Benny EE with Elan and prior
        1d6+3 = 6: 3
        Add +2 for Ironguts being scared - 8, success and raise
        Max snatches up the tablet and tucks it under his arm. Attaboy, Alex. He grins at Ironguts as he lunges for the wand. "Sure. Gattica. But that's after we understand that breaking trust results in not only blacklisting from the Black Market, but Nadine pops off through the glass there, and makes your blacklisting a minor inconvenience in your last few seconds of life." He tap tap taps on the pad, and Nadine offers two stomps to acknowledge that she's listening. "Alright, Ironguts. Talk. And if you crawfish, you'll wish you had gotten what Cantrell just dished out instead of what Nadine has on tap." Max's hand hovers over the control pad.
        Maximilian
        Maximilian character sheet
        Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
        Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
        Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
        Parry: 7
        Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
        Pace: 6/8 in armor
        Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
        Weapon in hand: none
        Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
        Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
        • Range: 18/36/72
          Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
          ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
        2 spare e-clips
        Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
        Adventure Cards
        • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
          Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
          Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
        Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
        Size: 8
        Crew: 1+2
        Toughness: 44 (22)
        Pace: 10
        Weapons:
        • Medium Rail Gun
          • Range: 100/200/400
            Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
            ROF 3, shots 60
          Medium Missile Launchers (2)
          • Range: 200/400/800
            Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
            ROF 1, shots 4
          Mini Missile Launchers (2)
          • Range: 100/200/400
            Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
            ROF 1, shots 12
          Medium Laser
          • Range: 150/300/600
            Damage: 3d10, AP 10
            ROF 1
          Dino Bladder Water Cannon
          • Range: cone
            Damage: 3d10
            5 bursts
          Good Night
          • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
            Plasma Ejector damage:
            • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
            • 3d6 using 2 shots
            • 6d6 using 4 shots
            Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
            ROF: 3
        Edit Signature
        EP Ledger

        User avatar
        Flint
        Bronze Patron
        Bronze Patron
        Posts: 311
        Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
        Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

        Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Flint » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:24 am


        Seeing the Undead Litch, Flint moves to get a good shot at it.

        This figures.

        An electric aura surrounds Flint protecting him and causing damage to any who get too close to him. Raising unseen hands the Zapper unleashes a flurry of electrical bolts at the undead.

        Strike Roll is a 9 and three bolts blast Litch for 24 MD AP 4, 34 MD AP 4, and 19 MD AP 4.
        +6 Armor added to Flint from Aura and anyone who touches him takes 14 MD.
        9 ISP spent.


        OOC Comments
        Electrical Aura: At will, as an action (no roll required), a Zapper can surround himself with a field of electromagnetism, causing 3d6 damage to anyone who touches him (with a melee or touch attack, for example). He can add this damage to any Fighting attack he makes, as well. When the aura is activated, it provides +6 Armor to the Zapper (this stacks with the armor power, but not worn armor). Neither effect costs any ISP. However, if he spends 3 ISP when he activates his Electrical Aura, the damage becomes Mega Damage and the Armor gains the M.D.C. quality.

        Lightning Bolt: The Zapper can hurl forth a lightning bolt of 4d6 Damage with a Range of 12/24/48. This costs no ISP and does Mega Damage. The Zapper may add +2 AP by spending 1 ISP per Lightning Bolt, or +4 AP for 2 ISP. Double the bonus for the same cost when on a ley line. Rolling a 1 on the Psionics die when using a lightning bolt does not result in Brainburn (per Savage Worlds).

        GREATER LIGHTNING BOLT: Requirements: Veteran, Improved Lightning Bolt
        The next evolution of the Zapper’s raw attack force, this Edge brings the damage up to 6d8. It also enhances the Range categories to 15/30/60.

        RAPID LIGHTNING BOLT: Requirements: Veteran, Zapper
        The Zapper can use his Lightning Bolt power (along with any enhancements from other Edges) with a Rate of Fire of 3.

        Spend 3 ISP for Aura and another 6 ISP so all three bolts are +4 AP each. Damage of the 3 bolts are 6d8 MD each.

        Psionics roll 1d12 = 9: 9
        wd 1d6 = 5: 5

        Mega Damage Bolt 1 6d8 = 24: 4, 2, 3, 4, 8, 3 AP 4
        Mega Damage Bolt 2 6d8 = 34: 4, 7, 7, 7, 6, 3 AP 4
        Mega Damage Bolt 3 6d8 = 19: 2, 5, 1, 4, 6, 1 AP 4


        Aura damage: 3d6 = 11: 2, 3, 6, 1d6 = 3: 3



        .
        Flint
        Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
        Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
        Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
        Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
        Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
        Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
        I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

        Image
        Full Character Sheet: Flint

        User avatar
        Pender Lumkiss
        Diamond Patron
        Diamond Patron
        Posts: 2264
        Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

        Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:37 pm


        Spoon Fed Edition Video Recap
        Location: outside the castle walls, Libertas no damage, Zan took 23 pts of damage, both need to make fear check at -2
        As the mystic knights gain their feet and the one who stood his ground against Libertas water cannon, a bolt of astral energy comes from down the way where the forces of Dweomer and the rest of the knights are engaged. The bolt is not heading towards Libertas or Zan but instead for the four mystic knights. A keen eye would hazard it came from a raven haired beauty with a set of adventure armor meant for the lands of frost and ice. The bolts seem to pass right through their armor punishing their wicked soul. The knight furthest struggling to get up ceases moving. The other bolts miss their targets or meet a spirit too durable to kill them.Two knights get up and move around Libertas' dispelling effect, then they unleash their furry on the heroes and civilians around them. Their eyes glow green and green fire erupts from them consuming everything it touches. " Tell us what you know of Geist or more blood will be on your hands!!"

        Indeed 2 nearby support staff from Dweomer are vaporized when the green flames touch their skin. Libertas gets pelted twice but his armor withstands the green consuming fire. Zan on the other hand feels the flames burn him through the cyber knight armor(2 wounds). Faint cries from the battlements can be heard, something about a couple of Gunwolfs on the other-side of the castle.

        The evil mystic knight that had resisted the water cannon emerges from the dispelling Field sliding his paired vibro vambraces into place quicker than one would think possible. Frustrated he lets out a howl moving right next to Libertas but in doing so it took every thing he had. But then the said mystic knight that had just moved adjacient to Libertas suddenly hits the ground unexpectedly as he is consumed by a purple fire eerily similar to the annihilator spell. The knight's body explodes into a million pieces and amidst the smoke and ensuing shock-wave a ghostly image of Geist appears, as if she is there yet not there.

        Her voice is shallow and horrifying far more horrific than it has any right to be. A few civilians nearby cower at its sound, and even one grabs his heart as it freezes as he hears her words. " I told you... I told you Libertas... I would have taught you freely, but now my wraith will be all you feel. Man dragon eat him and I will take you as my apprentice. We could accomplish great things... I am sure you have many questions about your parentage. I can help you find those answers." She fades away and all Libertas and Zan can see are the green fire eyes of the two remaining mystic knights about to blast away.
        Geist's Specter.jpg


        Tactical Outcome:
        Both Players: Fear Check at -2
        • If you are shaken, you must unshake before participating.
        • If you are panicked you can participate but at an additional -2.
        Libertas: Just a enraged mystic knight next to you.
        Zan: took 2 wounds, and if unable to soak them both takes the wound penalty on top of the scene modifier.


        Player directions: we are going to resolve this using a quick combat at a -2. So make your combat oriented roll at -2. The GM has cleverly made it so there is at least 1 foe per player so try to share.

        Location: The inner Sanctum of Stargazer, Jude needs to make a fighting roll at +2 vs a 4 or he is grappled, both players need to make a fear check at -2.
        The undead Zombies opened their mouths eating the electrical bolts that were fired at them. If anything the electricity fueled them to move faster. The Lich erupts in a gout of electrified putrid rotten flesh. A great wave of death permeates the room as the Litch gasps her final breath. Her voice is frantic, low, and reminiscent of a claw on a chalk board. " Fucking Zapper!! I will see you in hell, the main man calls to me and I will see you before the end!!"The smell, sight, and wafting off this aura causes all the council members to pass out. Indeed the unexpectedness causes Sadie to collapse as the remnant aura of death takes her by surprise.

        The two zombies seeing easy prey and now free from their master's will start to make their way to the unconscious folks in the council chambers. One moves for Stargazer her self, and the other for Sadie!! "Brraaaiiinnns!!". Sadie not quiet out struggles to fend off her Zombied attacker, but her strength is failing. She cries out desperately, " Rene, get your sweet ass over here!!" The zombies mouth inches closer and closer to her face, droplets of its saliva splatter her armor and visor. It has her effectively pinned, " Brains!"

        The Shifter holding onto Bane looks at Jude in a shocking way while she tosses Bane across the room with strength revealed. She smiles lovingly taken by Jude's form and voice. Her raven hair changes again to blue. Her shape grows and zaps with electric arcs. Soon she is almost taking up the entire sanctum: A Thunder Cloud Dragon. She reaches for Jude with one electric claw. Her voice is muted, demure, and rolls off the tongue " My... My... A human with such force of will, and from what Hans says the gift of gab. I think you will do nicely as my consort... Few mortals can shock me, and I like how you please my eyes. At last I the great Thunder Cloud dragon have found her long lost love! I will not take no, I must have you!" An electric zap sparkles in her great eye as she concentrates on capturing Jude. Jude glances at his sword and sees it glowing seemly enchanted from some unknown source. Jude sees out of the corner of his eye on the balcony of the sanctum Tesse Light-bringer with half a laugh wave at Jude and give him an encouraging nod.

        In the distance warning klaxons wail and a voice over a PA can be heard, " Two rouge Gunwolfs are attacking the Library!"
        Lightning Dragon.jpg

        Tactical data:
        All Players need to make a fear check at -2.
        • If you are shaken, you must unshake before participating.
        • If you are panicked you can participate but at an additional -2.
        Jude: needs to make a grapple check vs a 4( fighting with +2)otherwise he is held and his quick combat is at a -6.
        Flint: no attack was levied at you. But your wife is about to have her brains eaten!

        Player directions: we are going to resolve this using a quick combat at a -2. So make your combat oriented roll at -2. The GM has cleverly made it so there is at least 1 foe per player so try to share.
        Location: Castle Refugee Main Library, Jitters and Cantrell no damage, Max took 19 pts of damage or 2 wounds, all players must make a fear check at -2
        The five would be thieves, an ex CS operative Catalina, a Samson power armor pilot, a mind melter, a shifter, and Dev Black all lay dead and still. Max clutches the wand, 2 gunslingers are looking at a terrified Alanhammer Ironguts who just issued a sacred black market phrase: Gattica. Three innocents, Isiah comstock and two Altarans, lay dying from a unknown poison. There is a few seconds where the dust settles and everyone is just looking at everyone else.

        Alanhammer betraying his last name of ironguts start to stammer, " I.. I... I don't know much, I was going to trade the eyes of Ra to Dev Black for his help in getting the Brethan wand... I didn't know it would be so bloody... The kid, Alex he had one of the eyes, Jitters you have the other and I heard rumor the wand was in the Castle. Dev, is err was, one who could always get you something you needed. Recently he became a go between from someone powerful, someone making a play in Dweomer... The main man." The gunslingers twitch ever so slightly causing Alanhammer to clam up. Alan whispers terrified about what is going to happen, " Oh no, Murtock, Reese... Gatt---"

        One gunslinger, a bit of a dandy with a nice vest and long coat has two silver six shooters drawn, whispers, " One potato..."

        The other gunslnger, which seems brown is his favorite color has a single pistol drawn and a few arcane charms around his neck on a necklace, growls " Two potato."

        The dandy, known as Reese lifts the brim of his hat his cyber eye glinting, and opens fire with his two pistols, a shot at Max and a shot at Jitters with his big bore pistols. Max, unarmored ( don't forget to take that benny), takes the big bore shell center mass ( 2 wounds). The shell meets Jitters deflecting field and changes direction hitting a priceless vase. Smooth a slick the dandy known as Reese grins at his two targets, " Wolfs are on their way so you better be prepared to pay."

        The other gunslinger, more arcane than cybered, the one called Murtock. Flips his hat up mutters the words, " I am all in and I got an ace in the hole, if you want to see a new dawn hand over that wand." Around him small vortices open and mutated hands appear with old west style guns. BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! When the smoke clears, only poor Alanhammer got hit now looking at his ironguts dribbling onto the floor. " Sorry Ironguts, but you are out. The main man does not like traitors flipping about."

        A bright light, like a holy super nova erupts from the wand in Max's hand! A great sense of awe fills the room, visions of futures and past memories fill your minds. One in particular catches your eye, a lone female cyber knight in a cave, another one, a man his face and body on the ground he is hard to make out and not moving. Even the woman is somewhat difficult to see in any clarity as if she is turned away from your point of view. She is saying something, " No... No... I will die before I give you these eggs..." Something hits her full force in the mid section and she hits the ground, her face rolls into view with her visor off kilter. The female cyber knight has no eyes, an Altara.

        The light and vision fade, you see wreckage all around ( Mostly stained glass and books even more disoriented), the Library has been assaulted in the seconds the vision took you. The great stain glass mural has been shattered revealing the RA pool. Two Gunwolf's have their weapons drawn pointing at the group. Near one of them you see a legion power armor with some weird looking devices strapped to it fiddling with the RA foot hydraulics, next to this PA is the kid Sono Klaus who brings his hammer down onto the base of Gunwolf. On your communicators kid Alex's voice pipes in, " Where did you guys go? Sono and I have one Gunwolf tied up... Literally, haha. Max BA said he might have left you something that can take care of the other. Watch out for those two western dudes, they are making a run for it." Shinning bright from behind the Gunwolfs is indeed Nadine!

        The two slingers make their way to now created exit, and tip their hats to the heroes, The dandy flashes a smile and wink" Let them have it wolf one!" The lead gunwolf moves into position its weapons preparing to fire. The second gunwolf starts to move forward but inexplicably but not surprisingly does not move and in fact powers down as parts of it start disintegrating from the foot up. Not to get left out the gunslingers aim their weapons at the heroes ready to let loose with their smoke wagons.
        Tactical data:
        All Players need to make a fear check at -2. although this is more like Awe than actual fear but the mechanics are the same.
        • If you are shaken, you must unshake before participating.
        • If you are panicked you can participate but at an additional -2.
        Max: took 2 wounds, you need to soak them or you are shaken.
        Cantrell: nothing hit you
        Jitters: nothing hit you

        Player directions: we are going to resolve this using a quick combat at a -2. So make your combat oriented roll at -2. The GM has cleverly made it so there is at least 1 foe per player so try to share.
        Gunslinger 1.jpg
        Dandy Reese
        gunslinger 2.jpg
        Arcane Slinger Murtock
        Gunwolf.jpg
        Quick Combat Rules
        Welcome to Quick Combat
        Scene Modifier: -2
        Quick combat rules: Make your one roll to interact with the scene minus the above modifier ( If it is casting bolt, you roll spell casting... Damage is not needed. If shooting your weapon just roll shooting with the any applicable modifiers including the scene modifier above ). This roll needs to be some kind of combat related skill or action.

        Generally only 1 success is really needed for a group success, but 5 or more successes will give a more favorable outcome to the next scene.

        There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone :D
        • a crit failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
        • failure you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. 3d6 ammo or power points spent.
        • success, You did a good Job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. 2d6 ammo or power points spent.
        • Success with raise(8), Wow! Did you write the book on how to be a legend? Bards will be singing songs for years to come about what you did this day. You certainly shined during this combat. 1d6 ammo or power points spent.
        GM scratch
        Bolt 1 1d12-2 = 0: 2
        Bolt 2 1d12-2 = 7: 9
        • Damage: 3d6 = 8: 3, 3, 2
        Bolt 3 1d12-2 = 8: 10
        Damage: 4d6 = 16: 4, 5, 2, 5
        Bolt 4 1d12-4 = 3: 7
        Wild 1d6 = 3: 3


        unshake spirit 1d10 = 9: 9
        Spirit 1d10 = 5: 5

        Civ 1 1d10 = 9: 9
        Civ 2 1d10 = 3: 3
        Libertas 1d10-3 = 4: 7 benny for ef raise 1d6 = 6: 6
        • Damage: 4d6 = 12: 4, 1, 4, 3
        Human Zan 1d10-2 = 1: 3
        Armor spell (free action) 1d10 = 3: 3

        Civ 3 1d10 = 8: 8
        Civ 4 1d10 = 1: 1
        Libertas 1d10-3 = 6: 9
        • Damage: 3d6 = 12: 2, 5, 5
        Human Zan 1d10-2 = 2: 4 benny for ef 1d6 = 5: 5
        • Damage: 3d6 = 15: 6, 6, 3 ace 2d6 = 8: 3, 5
        • Acid trapping 1d6 = 2: 2
        Armor spell (free action) 1d10 = 6: 6



        Qucikness: 1d10 = 2: 2
        Run at Libertas: 1d10 = 6: 6
        More GM scratch
        1 Benny to soak 1d6 = 3: 3 1d6 = 2: 2 benny for reroll 1d6*100 = 300: 3 1d6 = 1: 1
        Opposed fighting for a grapple= 1d8 = 6: 6
        More More GM scratch
        Greater Bolt with 5AP HJ roll on it:
        Alen 1d10 = 6: 6
        Damage: 1d12-4 = 3: 7
        Cantrell 1d10 = 2: 2
        Max 1d10 = 3: 3
        Jitters 1d10 = 1: 1
        Benny to reroll it all:
        Alen 1d10 = 3: 3
        Cantrell 1d10 = 2: 2
        Max 1d10 = 5: 5
        Jitters 1d10 = 7: 7

        Max 1d12+4 = 16: 12
        • Damage: 3d6 = 9: 2, 2, 5 raise 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 2: 2 +2 AP2 MD
          Bigbore: +1d6 damage(Factored in), knockdown on a 6 on a 1d6 = 1: 1, gun jams on a shooting roll of a 1
        Jitters 1d12+4 = 6: 2
        • Damage: 3d6 = 12: 2, 4, 6 ace 1d6 = 2: 2 +2 Ap2 MD
          Bigbore: +1d6 damage(Factored in), knockdown and shaken on a 6 on a 1d6 = 5: 5, on a 5 str or agility: failure you are knocked prone and shaken, gun jams on a shooting roll of a 1
        13th GM bennies GM Bennies
        0/6
        Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
        4/8
        -1 to hit Vela with MW
        -3 for benny rolls on challenge
        Legends of the Black Bennies
        2/2

        User avatar
        Jitters
        Posts: 157
        Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

        Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Jitters » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:39 pm

        Fear Check 5
        1d8-2 = 5: 7
        Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3: 5
        Fighting 9
        1d12 = 9: 9
        Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
        Notice 11
        1d6 = 6: 6 Ace!
        Notice Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
        Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
        Smarts 4
        1d8-1 = 4: 5
        Wild Die 1d6-1 = 1: 2
        Jitters sees the vision but is unaffected by them as he has more immediate concerns, so he sheathes his two vibro-swords and collects all three poisoned people and makes a mad dash for the infirmary. As he passes Alenhammer, he recovers the other Eye of Ra, and as runs past Dandy, his tail flicks his vibro-sword at the Gunslinger, slicing him in half. The second her enters the infirmary, Jitters instinctively grabs the poison antidote, despite this being his first time to there and not knowing where it was going to be stored in there, and rushes to the nearest doctor or nurse and shouts "These three have been poisoned and this is the antidote!"
        Jitters
        Jitters
        Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

        Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
        Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
        JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
        • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
        Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
        ISP: 30/30
        Bennies: 1

        Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

        Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
        Temp Stats
        Speed x3
        Adventure Card
        6 Rabbit out of My Hat
        Play this card to gain a +2 to any Trick test for the rest of the scene.
        11 Lucky Break
        Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
        32 Extra Effort
        Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

        User avatar
        Flint
        Bronze Patron
        Bronze Patron
        Posts: 311
        Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
        Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

        Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Flint » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 am


        Flint: no attack was levied at you. But your wife is about to have her brains eaten!

        • The female Federation of Magic Shifter, and once wife to Flint, Sadie, is not quiet passed out yet and struggles to fend off her Zombied attacker, but her strength is failing. She cries out desperately, "René, get your sweet ass over here!" The zombies mouth inches closer and closer to her face, droplets of its saliva splatter her armor and visor. It has her effectively pinned, "Brains!"

          Flint barely has time to wince as Sadie calls him by his real name and he bolts across the distance, not typically super fast in his older age the combat armor with its speed enhancements helps the Zapper to reach her side speedily. The sight of the Zombie, undead, puss faced, rotting and horrid smelling turn Flints stomach as he decided how best to save Sadie.
        Rolls
        Fear check at -2. (TN 6 instead of 4)
        Spirit Roll: 1d10 = 9: 9+1 from Vanguard Medallion = a 10, Success.

        Player directions: we are going to resolve this using a quick combat at a -2. So make your combat oriented roll at -2. The GM has cleverly made it so there is at least 1 foe per player so try to share.

        Fighting Roll: 1d10 = 10: 10, Aced Roll: 1d10 = 2: 2 = a 12, Success and Raises.
        • Flint, still invisible, attempts to draw on his inner psychic powers and is blocked by the magic nature of the sanctum.

          Damned magic crap!

          Using the same armor that propelled him across the room - thank you again Coake - Flint taps a button on the right gauntlet and a Psi Blade, similar in looks if not quite as powerful as a Cyber Knights Psi Sword erupts from the Zappers right hand. Arriving behind the Zombie as it reaches down to bite Sadie, Flints left hand grabs a hold of the putrid things head and pulls it back from the woman he married so long ago and has not seen for decades until the last week. Lifting the undead beast up and away with his left arm, Flint then lets go and with right hand swipes the Psi Blade of energy out, cutting the Zombies head from its shoulders, then kicks the dead body away from Sadie. As the head rolls away from them, Flint drops down to his knees next to Sadie, and the invisibility fades from his armor allowing the Shifter to see him.

          Sadie, sore and still prone, reaches a hand out to touch Flints face, "René."

          Sadie then closes her eyes. The old former CS Zapper looks down at her, old feelings awaken and very much hurting his heart. Her earlier offer, in private, to join her and rule in her small portion of the FoM rings in his mind. We could be together and ... Not quite sure what to say Flint coughs and clears his throat.

          Starting to stand up and pull away from her Flint looks over at Jude to see how he is fairing.

          "René we should leave."
        Flint
        Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
        Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
        Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
        Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
        Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
        Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
        I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

        Image
        Full Character Sheet: Flint

        User avatar
        Libertas Magicum
        Bronze Patron
        Bronze Patron
        Posts: 555
        Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

        Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

        Post by Libertas Magicum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:06 pm

        OOC Comments
        Fear Check (-2, +1 from Helskor)
        Spirit 1d6-1 = 5: 6
        Wild Spirit 1d6-1 = 4: 5
        ACE Running Total 1d6+5 = 11: 6
        ACE Running Total 1d6+11 = 17: 6
        ACE Running Total 1d6+17 = 18: 1
        Forgot the Wound: 17 Total, still a triple-raise.

        Lib gets down to business:
        Scene Modifier: -2
        Wound: -1

        Whipping out the Techno-Wizardry: 1d12+5

        Techno-Wizardry: 1d12+3 = 9: 6
        Wild TW: 1d3+3 = 5: 2
        Raise!
        .
        Libertas blinks as Geist makes her appearance, then... shrugs. Turning casually towards the Mystic Knight who decided to get up close and personal, he sighs. "Okay, right, I'll explain this to you once, goat-fucker, and then we'll get this wrapped up. Geist came here with an army. Our army killed her army, and she ran away. She came to me in my room, offered me power--probably something like the deal she offered you guys. I was smarter than you dipshit chumbalones, so I just took what I needed and tried to get her executed. She managed to slip free and run away again. Now she's smart enough to to not even show up in front of me in person, just some sort of creepy projection. Because she knows I can and will beat her if we're face to face. Sadly, this intel will do you no good, because you're going to be stuck in the afterlife, getting sodomized by Satan or whoever is in charge of the particular Hell you get slotted to."

        As he speaks, his tail and nimble fingers are active, and as he finishes, his left hand comes up, first the tattoo opening a vortex to draw power out of the Knight, then channeling that power into his glove, making the Knight little more effective with his sword than a playground bully, and finally just opening up with his watergun, using supersonic water-pressure to sever the man's body in half.

        Turning to see Zan similarly destroy his own target, he nods in approval. "We should probably report back in to Cantrell."
        Libertas Magicorum
        OOC Comments
        Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
        Active effects: none
        Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (6) [Adventure Armor]
        Weapon in hand: Puzzle-Cube
        Weapon in tail: Staff of Libertas' Bad-assness
        Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman
        Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel
        Charisma: 0
        Q2 Adventure Cards (no plays left):
        14: In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
        Enemy (PLAYED Q2-18): Get a Personal Nemesis. Until resolved, draw one extra Adventure Card each Session.
        PPE: 20/20
        Bennies: 4/2
        Wounds: 0
        Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6

        Active Devices/Remaining PPE:

          User avatar
          Z'Anomandir
          Posts: 30
          Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:26 pm

          Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

          Post by Z'Anomandir » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:24 pm

          notice=4
          -1 fatigue
          Notice: 1d6-1 = 0: 1
          WILD dye: 1d6-1 = 4: 5
          soak
          -1 fatigue
          Vigor: 1d8-1 = 7: 8
          -ACE: 1d8 = 6: 6
          WILD dye: 1d6-1 = 4: 5
          fear
          -1 fatigue, -2 scene
          Spirit: 1d8-3 = 2: 5
          WILD dye: 1d6-3 = 3: 6
          -ACE: 1d6 = 6: 6
          -ACE2: 1d6 = 4: 4
          Z'Anomandir watches in stunned wonder as Libertas disrupts the mystic knights' attack single-handed. Then a bolt of astral energy from Shalla also hammers the knights and gives Zan a moment to compose himself after the embarrassment of bleeding all over his new armor after his psychic miscue. Clearly I am still under the effects of that peculiar draining leyline storm after the battle against Geist's army. It is the only possible explanation, he thinks to himself. Fortunately, when the mystic knight's green fire starts to burn Zan, the sensation of pain causes an instinctual icy burst of power from the dragon-man's cold inner essence that extinguishes the arcane fire and ignites his ire. But before he can move against his attackers the shimmering form of Geist appears and dispatches one of the knights.
          Geist wrote:" I told you... I told you Libertas... I would have taught you freely, but now my wraith will be all you feel. Man dragon eat him and I will take you as my apprentice. We could accomplish great things... I am sure you have many questions about your parentage. I can help you find those answers."
          The terrifying presence of Geist has no effect on Zan, so stunned is he by the mention of his parents. "What do you know of my parents, Geist? I demand you tell me now! Nevermind this nonsense about me eating Libertas. He is my friend."

          When Geist disappears, an enraged Zan activates his TW sword and attacks the nearest remaining mystic knight. "You will atone for the death and destruction you have caused here today!" Zan dispatches the knight with a crushing blow that slices the upper half of the knight's head clean off.
          Fighting=12
          -1 fatigue, -2 scene, +2 TW sword
          Fighting: 1d8-3 = 5: 8
          -ACE: 1d8 = 3: 3
          WILD dye: 1d6-3 = 3: 6
          -ACE: 1d6 = 6: 6
          -ACE2: 1d6 = 1: 1

          TW psi-sword
          Damage: Strength + Spirit +4 Smite damage
          AP: 6
          +2 to fighting
          grants smite and psi-sword power (Spend 4 ppe and you gain spirit plus strength plus smite ( 4 pts of smite damage ) as a psi-sword forms.)

          damage: 1d12 = 9: 9+ 1d8 = 6: 6+8= 23
          WILD dye: 1d6 = 3: 3
          raise bonus dye: 1d6 = 3: 3
          Last edited by Z'Anomandir on Tue May 01, 2018 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
          Z'Anomandir
          Z'Anomandir
          Ice Dragon
          Legendary Table reward: Badass Family: gain 2 attribute points for the character and his descendants (+1 dye type each to Agility, Smarts)
          Bennies: 6/3
          • +1 for following directions during debriefing
          • +1 for including Shalla in interlude
          • -1 to unshake from brainburn due to crit fail psionic roll
          • +1 for Lucky O'Malley post
          • +1 for post-battle breakfast talk

          Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8
          Charisma: -2; Pace: 6 (Fly 12, Climb 0); Parry: 6; Toughness: 34 (16 MDC); In human form w/ armor on = 13 (6); PPE: 20; ISP: 20
          Notice d6, Common Knowledge d6, K-Arcana d4
          Hindrances:
          • TBD
          • TBD
          • TBD
          • Outsider(-2 CHA)
          • Large (+2 to be hit)
          • Enemies (CS)
          • Territorial

          Edges and Abilities of Note:
          • AB (Psionic), Major Psionic, AB (Magic)
          • Power Surge: gain 2d6 PP or ISP when dealt a Joker for initiative
          • Icy Breath: 12/24/48 for 4d6 MD or Cone for 2d10 MD
          • Claws/Bite (Iconic): Naturally massive teeth and talons (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage)
          • Tail Lash (Iconic): Sweep a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, (Str+d8 Mega Damage)
          • Impervious to Cold: Ice and cold do not affect an Ice dragon at all. Non-variable frequency lasers do only half damage due to the reflecting nature of their icy hide.
          • Infravision (Iconic): halve the penalties for dark lighting against living targets
          • Slow Regeneration (Iconic): These creatures can even regenerate lost limbs over time, making a natural healing roll once per day.
          • Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.


          WOUNDS:

          Adventure Cards
          -Villanious Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan.
          -Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

          PPE: 20/20
          Powers: Freeze entangle ; Battle Shards deflection ; Fortify/Sap boost/lower trait
          ISP: 20/20
          Powers: Hibernation slumber ; Cold Snap dispel ; Blizzard Spirit intangibility

          TW Medium Cyberknight Armor: healing

          User avatar
          Cantrell
          Posts: 331
          Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

          Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

          Post by Cantrell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 pm

          Raise vs Fear, Shooting 15
          Fear check (-2 modifier and +2 from Brave balance out)
          Spirit 1d12 = 8: 8
          Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

          Quick Combat: Shooting 1d12+6 -2 = 1d12+4
          Shooting 1d12+4 = 15: 11
          Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5
          Cantrell sways for a minute as the vision fades, but is tracking targets again in a nanosecond, including the new threat of the Gunwolf.

          Seen too much crazy shit in the last week to get flustered now, she thinks, even as a part of her brain turns over the contents of the vision. That was Lucretia. Alive, but in trouble. No time to waste, then, as usual.

          Jitters is a blur in front of her, rushing out with the poisoned library workers. Without warning, the Dandy falls in two pieces, a look of surprise on his face as his torso empties out onto the floor in a rush.

          That damn tail, stealing life now, too.

          She looks up at Murtock, the finger-wiggling 'slinger, and sneers.

          "You summon up all those guns, and still can't hit shit?" she says, before her own pistol starts barking. Imbued with the anti-magic of the temporal lodestone, each blast takes out one of the arcane pistols. Horrified, Murtock looks up with wide eyes, meeting Cantrell's own, unapologetic gaze.

          "Quiet now," she says, before plugging him between the eyes, the particle beam blast burning a hole in one side and out the other, vaporized brains venting explosively.

          Trusting Max to deal with the giant death robots, she jumps over the dead and dying to get to Alanhammer, then throws the wounded dwarf over her shoulder.

          "You've been acting pretty stupid here lately, but like I said, I like your nephew," she says, before following Jitters -- at a much more sedate pace -- toward the infirmary.
          Nadya Cantrell
          Quick Stats
          Human MARS Mercenary Soldier (Former CS Military Specialist)
          Bennies: 2/4
          Attributes: Agility d10 (d12), Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d6 (d8) (d12+2), Vigor d10
          Charisma: 2 (3 if known); Pace: 8 (10) (1d10) or Flight Pace 30, Climb 1; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24 (10); Strain: 11/16
          Hindrances: Cautious; Code of Honor; Wanted (Coalition-Minor); Delusional (Minor-Thinks she's immune to temporal magic).
          Notice d12+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2
          Edges and Abilities of Note: Brave (+2 to fear tests); Danger Sense (Notice roll at -2 to detect surprise attack or ambush); Dodge (Attackers are -1 to hit with ranged attacks unless Nadya is surprised, +1 to Agility rolls to evade area effects); Level Headed (Draw two cards for initiative); Quick Draw (free action to ready weapon); Marksman (Gain the benefits of Aiming when don’t move); Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease); Fortune Favors the Bold (+1 Benny per session); Strong Willed (+2 to resist Tests of Will); She Who Fights Monsters (+1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and has The Drop on first round of combat, +1 bonus to resist powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus)
          Adventure Cards: 20 Last Stand You and adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness until a Joker is dealt. 22 Better You Than Me Play when you are hit by an attack to cause an adjacent friend or foe to suffer the attack instead. 43 Arcane Inspiration A character with an Arcane Background can play this card to use one of his powers as a free action or to use a power he doesn't have. 1 Contact You find an old friend or acquaintance who might help you somehow, but may ask for a favor in return.

          User avatar
          Maximilian
          Silver Patron
          Silver Patron
          Posts: 573
          Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 pm

          Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

          Post by Maximilian » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:14 pm

          Max's rolls
          Spirit vs. Fear at -2, -2 for fatigue, -4 total
          1d8-4 = 0: 4

          Benny for EE with Elan
          1d6+2 = 4: 2

          WD Spirit
          1d6-4 = -3: 1

          Edited in: Benny to soak 2 wounds with Elan and -2 fatigue - This roll should add +2 from Battle Hardened edge, soaking 2 wounds
          1d8 = 7: 7

          WD Vigor to Soak 2 wounds
          1d6 = 1: 1

          Shooting at gunwolf via remote pad; -2 scene, -2 for fatigue, -2 for remote controlled robot armor
          1d12-6 = -1: 5

          WD Shooting
          1d6-6 = 0: 6

          Ace WD Shooting
          1d6 = 1: 1

          Benny EE Shooting with Elan and prior result
          1d6+3 = 5: 2
          Disregard this because I completely forgot a somewhat pertinent edge
          1d20+2 = 22: 20

          Vigor at -2 for Incap, -1 for wound, -2 for fatigue
          1d8-5 = -1: 4

          WD Vigor
          1d6-5 = -3: 2

          Benny to reroll Vigor vs. death with Elan - net -3
          1d8-3 = 2: 5

          WD Vigor
          1d6-3 = 1: 4

          4th benny spent this round - reroll Vigor
          1d8-3 = -2: 1

          WD Vigor
          1d6-3 = 0: 3

          Last (5th) benny spent this round - reroll Vigor
          1d8-3 = 4: 7

          WD Vigor
          1d6-3 = 1: 4

          Death in 2d6 rounds - disregard due to eventual success
          2d6 = 4: 2, 2
          A voice in his head, not his own, whispers quietly but firmly. Backstab. Move. Maximilian reacts with lightning reflexes. He twists and rolls with the blow of the big bore shell. The blast tears the clothing at his chest and singes a bit of fur, but the dog boy is otherwise unscathed. Before he can pull the trigger on Nadine, the wand flash shows him visions of a former squadmate. The experience knocks him for a loop. By the time he recovers, the two backstabbing gunslingers are most decidedly dead.

          GUNWOLF?!
          Taking a quick glance at the pad, he makes sure he's locked on target. The gunwolf prepares to launch its missiles, but only a moment too late. The salvo of missiles from Nadine's launchers rips into the enemy's armor, shredding it and the occupants to pieces. "Nadine runs this joint! All other bots need not apply!"

          He hits his comms. "Top Dog, two gunwolfs in the yard have been burned down, courtesy of Alex and Nadine. I've got the wand here. Situation secure for now."

          That voice in the back of his head speaks again. Good thing you're a good listener. You don't know how wrong that could've gone. It's not your time yet, Maximilian. Get it together. And for dog's sake, quit walking around naked.

          Max shakes his head vigorously in an attempt to clear the confusion about the voice's origin from his mind. That voice sounds familiar...
          Last edited by Maximilian on Tue May 01, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
          Maximilian
          Maximilian character sheet
          Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
          Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
          Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
          Parry: 7
          Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
          Pace: 6/8 in armor
          Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
          Weapon in hand: none
          Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
          Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
          • Range: 18/36/72
            Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
            ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
          2 spare e-clips
          Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
          Adventure Cards
          • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
            Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
            Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
          Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
          Size: 8
          Crew: 1+2
          Toughness: 44 (22)
          Pace: 10
          Weapons:
          • Medium Rail Gun
            • Range: 100/200/400
              Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
              ROF 3, shots 60
            Medium Missile Launchers (2)
            • Range: 200/400/800
              Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
              ROF 1, shots 4
            Mini Missile Launchers (2)
            • Range: 100/200/400
              Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
              ROF 1, shots 12
            Medium Laser
            • Range: 150/300/600
              Damage: 3d10, AP 10
              ROF 1
            Dino Bladder Water Cannon
            • Range: cone
              Damage: 3d10
              5 bursts
            Good Night
            • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
              Plasma Ejector damage:
              • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
              • 3d6 using 2 shots
              • 6d6 using 4 shots
              Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
              ROF: 3
          Edit Signature
          EP Ledger

          User avatar
          Jude Maverick
          Diamond Patron
          Diamond Patron
          Posts: 572
          Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
          Location: Chicago suburbs

          Re: Part 1.1 Specter of Dweomer tastes bitter

          Post by Jude Maverick » Tue May 01, 2018 12:01 am

          Notice 4
          Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
          Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
          ***

          "Sounds like you had a bad week, Jude. We get out of here and massages are on me. I know this grack with the softest hands," Sadie said.

          Jude flashed the woman a winning smile. “I’d rather cut out the middle grack. I’ll bring the wine.”

          Flint unleashed electrical hell on the lich, exploding the undead creature.

          “That is decidedly more effective,” Jude said wryly. He quavered at the wave of fear that rolled through the room, causing the Council members to collapse.
          Fear 10 Raise
          Difficulty -2, Brave +2, +2 Story reward
          Spirit 1d12+2 = 3: 1
          Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
          Ace 1d6+8 = 10: 2
          Jude fought off the fear. He spun around as Sadie collapsed, leaving her at the mercy of suddenly uncontrolled zombies.

          Before Jude could rush to her rescue, Bane was shoved into him. Jude moved the D’Norr out of the way to safety and stared as the woman that had held him changed, her hair growing blue, growing in size.

          “Oh, shit. A dragon…” Jude murmured. “You know Hans? What’s that sawed off dwarf been telling you?”

          Jude noticed his sword glowing and glanced to the balcony, where Tesse Lightbringer waved at him. He arched an eyebrow, but then was forced to turn his attention back to the dragon as she reached for him.
          Fighting 7
          +2 Story reward
          Fighting 1d8+2 = 7: 5
          Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
          Jude managed to dance aside from the grasping claw, spinning around to face the dragon again.

          “I’m flattered,” Jude said, flashing his best smile. “Really, I am, that such a magnificent creature as yourself would be interested in a worm like me. You are quite alluring. My hair is literally standing on end,” he joked, grinning. “But I can’t just go running off. I like to get to know the women -- females -- I’m involved with. I don’t even know your name, my darling. Why don’t we meet somewhere, away from where others can get hurt, and get to know each other? After we deal with all these pesky happenings. After all, I have responsibilities here.”
          Persuasion 18 3 Raises
          +2 Story reward, -2 scene difficulty
          Persuasion 1d12+10 = 19: 9
          Wild 1d6+10 = 16: 6
          Ace 1d6+16 = 18: 2
          ***
          Conditions
          +2/+2 story rewards
          Toughness: 6 (No armor)
          Fatigue -2
          Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
          Armor: 15/15 PPE
          Necklace: 15/15 PPE
          Bennies: 11/6
          Adventure Cards:
          • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
          • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
          • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
          Mission Objectives
          Jude Maverick
          Jude Maverick, Seasoned Human MARS Vagabond
          Parry: 6, Toughness: 13 (4)
          Armor PPE: 15/15
          Healing Stone PPE: 15/15
          Rifle Ammo: 49
          Spare clips 2 x 20 shots; 1 x 16 shots; 2 x 30 shots; 2 x 60 shots
          Pistol Ammo: 16
          Spare clips 2 x 16 shots
          Combat Edges:
          • Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
          • Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
          • Brave: +2 Fear tests
          • Elan: +2 on Benny rolls
          Bennies: 10/6
          Adventure Cards:
          • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
          • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
          • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
          Edit Signature
          All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

          Post Reply

          Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”