Part 2: SoD, Fire side chat with Cantrell, Libertas, Pandion

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 2: SoD, Fire side chat with Cantrell, Libertas, Pandion

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Those of you wishing to have a private moment with Cantrell find her in a secluded lounge only the Sgt. 1st class legionnaires know about or visit. High back plush chairs adorn the comfy lounge, a single well dressed man about 20 years of age stands at attention just within visual summons range ready to take any request. There is a bottle of red wine breathing, two glasses, and a warm fire. All in all a cozy environment to give an intimate report to your commanding officer.

These are secret Rendezvous that involve the players listed in the topic name.

Want a secret Rendezvous with Cantrell, PM pender!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Part 2: SoD, Fire side chat with Cantrell--Libertas

Post by Libertas Magicum »

OOC Comments
Techno-Wizardry to activate Sonic Bubble; Greater Obscure with Sound/Silence Trapping, blocks people outside the bubble from listening in, even via Clairvoyance.

Libertas takes a seat, after ensuring that no one else is around, and that she's willing to take a report. He then activates the Sonic Bubble to make sure no one outside the area can listen in. Then, apparently in high paranoia, he draws a kerchief up over his mouth, looking like a bandit out of the Old West. "Keeps my lips from being read. Seriously, Boss, no one else but you gets this intel unless you think it's a good idea. Word gets out, we'll have every spell-chucker from the Dinosaur Swamp through Lazlo on our tails." He'll give her a kerchief, as well, if she's willing to put it on.

"Okay, so here's the deal. Pretty sure you've heard by now, Geist survived the Battle of Gloom. She showed up in my quarters, doing the whole 'join me, and we shall rule the multiverse' routine. I didn't take her up on it, obviously, that witch is cray-cray. I captured her temporarily, but when I made it clear I was turning her over to you, self-preservation let her break my grip, and she opted to flee rather than risk recapture. But before she got away, I did manage to hold her long enough to get some key intel about her own plans. She revealed that she's trying to get the Book of Legend, a spellbook that's rumored to have escaped the destruction of Tolkeen."

He takes a moment. "I'm not sure how much you know about such things, but the Book of Legend... well, remember the Annihilator Missiles? Those, at most, would probably be one chapter in the book. And it's supposed to have at least ten chapters. We're talking immortality, the ability to blight an entire state... It'd be a horror-show in the hands of someone like Geist."

He lets that sink in, then goes on. "According to her, the Book was split into two parts. One half is in the White Vault, another Diamond Clad special, beneath the Brotherhood of Magi in Stormspire. The other one is supposed to be in Dweamor. I've got notes on that, too. It's a private box at the Dweamor Savings & Loan. Lock box #133, name of Siera Malek. She said that Malek is 'part of the Family', in the sort of tone that makes me think the last word is capitalized, so probably Black Market."

After he finishes with that discussion, he adds, almost as an afterthought. "It should go almost without saying that Geist would really like to feast on my liver at this point, probably while I'm being kept alive to watch. So you can assume she'll be coming at us, hard and heavy, at some point in the future."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell listens attentively as Libertas spins out his report. Above the face mask, her eyes are calm -- dangerously so.

When she's sure Libertas is done, she responds.

"So, Geist came to you, offered Real Ultimate Power or whatever, you captured her, learned her plans, and then she got away? And this book she's after, standard end of the world stuff?"

Assuming a response from Libertas in the affirmative, she continues:

"I guess I just have one question, then, or maybe two: What role - exactly - did your tail play in this apocalyptic clusterfuck? And what did you take away from your little pow-wow with our favorite wannabe dark lord, Geist?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He chuckles. Yeah, you can omit stuff from time to time, Lib, but don't EVER be dumb enough to lie to her outright. "For once, the tail is innocent. Well, regarding Geist. I already 'fessed up to wassername, Lumkiss' aide, so I should tell you in case there's a court-martial--the tail did grab those damned firing pins when I was tuning up the GBs. I didn't realize it until things hit the fan and I had to go battle the Mystic Knights--who, by the way, were also done wrong by Geist and wanted a piece of her." He shrugs. "As for the rest, I got one thing besides what I told you. I got her to give me the details on one Spell of Legend. By tuning my gauntlets to the max, and setting the frequencies juuust right, I can make someone a veritable god in some field--for instance, make a civilian who doesn't know which end of a gun is the dangerous one into as good a shot as you--or I can make them forget what they even knew about a subject. Not for long, but long enough to end a battle--outta be real interesting next time we go up against a spellchucker or headcase. Haven't had a chance for a field-test, yet, though."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell sighs.

"'Veritable god' doesn't exactly fill me with reassurance, considering some of the psychopathic entities we've been dealing with for the past, oh, forever," she says. We -- you've -- got to tread carefully here, Lib. Some of the things we've dealt with recently are enough to break just about anyone. I'm more afraid of bending, though -- you bend just a little, too many times, and suddenly you're pointing the sharp end of your blade at the people you meant to protect."

"I'm glad you came to me with this. I'm going to trust you to keep doing the right thing. Got it? I'm putting my trust, and the well-being of a lot of people I care about, in you. Now, get out of here and see what you can find out about Geist's current whereabouts. And report to the quartermaster and get that tail fitted with a bell. I'm going to trust you, but I don't trust that infernal thing as far as I could chop it off and throw it. Next time it contributes to an 'incident,' it's coming off. Same goes for Jitters, so take him with you."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

First, he chuckles. "Eh, the 'god' language was just hyperbole. It just amps up skill or innate traits well beyond the human norm. You could shoot a gun at max range, in storm, from a moving skycycle, and still hit your target, is all I'm saying." Then he frowns a bit behind the bandana. "You'll always get my honesty, Boss. And I'll see what I can do about figuring out a way to lock the tails down when we're in the Castle, at least. But I should warn you--I'm not even sure a tailectomy would take, in my case. The tail's not the only thing I came back from Hell with." He pulls off his gauntlet, pulls out a pocket knife, and cuts across his palm, leaving a thin line of blood. As they sit there, the line slowly closes and heals. "While I haven't tested it, yet--and I hope you understand, I'm not particularly eager to rush that precise experiment--I'm fairly sure I'd even grow back a limb, if it got cut off."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

Pandion waits outside for the previous visitor to leave before knocking on Cantrell's door, seeking permission to enter.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

With the conversation with Libertas concluded for the time being, Cantrell pats him on the back and follows him out, where she finds a strange cyber-knight waiting to speak with her.

"Oh, hello. Come on in and have a seat. I'm SFC Cantrell of the 13th. How can I help you?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib glances curiously at the Cyber-Knight as he passes, but just grabs hold of his tail on his way out the door and opts to not try to listen in--that would be rude.
OOC Comments
(All Pan's, now.)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

”Thank you, Sergeant.” Pandion walks past Cantrell and stands near the fire as she closes the door and returns to the fireplace. He waits for the Sergeant to take her seat, then sits himself.
”Firstly, congratulations on your recent promotion. Secondly, I have been assigned to the 13th. Lastly, Lord Coake gave me a recorded message for the 13th. Can I hand it to you?”
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

PandionKnight wrote:”Thank you, Sergeant.” Pandion walks past Cantrell and stands near the fire as she closes the door and returns to the fireplace. He waits for the Sergeant to take her seat, then sits himself.
”Firstly, congratulations on your recent promotion. Secondly, I have been assigned to the 13th. Lastly, Lord Coake gave me a recorded message for the 13th. Can I hand it to you?”
"Thank you, welcome and yes, I can take that," she says, sitting down opposite and regarding the cyber-knight with curiosity. "I haven't seen much of Coake since the battle with Geist. How's he doing?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
PandionKnight

Re: Part 2: SoD, Fire side chat with Cantrell, Libertas, Pan

Post by PandionKnight »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Pandion looks Cantrell in the eyes when he responds. "Lord Coake looked fine to me. Speaking as the new guy, do you have any questions or advice for me?"
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

PandionKnight wrote:Notice [dice]35434:0[/dice]

Pandion looks Cantrell in the eyes when he responds. "Lord Coake looked fine to me. Speaking as the new guy, do you have any questions or advice for me?"
"Questions? Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but I'll check back with you if I do," she says. "As for advice ... just take it easy, I guess. The members of the 13th are a bit ... eccentric, but all mean well. We've got our personal faults, but every one of us has bled and sacrificed for the Legion, and humanity as a whole. It may not always seem like it, but they do the right thing. Just keep your wits about you when you're around Libertas and Jitters. Those tails they grew when we were, well, on our last mission, have a mind of their own, and tend not to respect personal space ... or property rights. Again, they mean well, so cut them some slack before summoning that mind blade, okay?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

Cantrell wrote:
PandionKnight wrote:Notice [dice]35434:0[/dice]

"Questions? Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but I'll check back with you if I do," she says. "As for advice ... just take it easy, I guess. The members of the 13th are a bit ... eccentric, but all mean well. We've got our personal faults, but every one of us has bled and sacrificed for the Legion, and humanity as a whole. It may not always seem like it, but they do the right thing. Just keep your wits about you when you're around Libertas and Jitters. Those tails they grew when we were, well, on our last mission, have a mind of their own, and tend not to respect personal space ... or property rights. Again, they mean well, so cut them some slack before summoning that mind blade, okay?"
Pandion stands and offers to shake hands with Cantrell. "Thank you for the heads-up, sergeant. It's appreciated. I'll head for the dining area and meet the set." He leaves the room and heads off in the same direction that Lib took.

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”