Part 3.1 SoD: The Whykin Situation

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 3.1 SoD: The Whykin Situation

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The group leaves castle refuge its gleaming walls seem to wink good by. The legion is decked out in a formal salute to its legendary members. High on the top battlement the kid Alex waves and hollers next to him is a little girl also waving. Some heroes might even catch a glimpse of the hooded figure standing behind the two kids! From Ms. Dee’s study balcony she and Pender Lumkiss wave goodbye. Pender’s last words to the group haunt you...

Its a comfy ride in Tera’s Zone ranger, looks like someone made it nice and loungy like inside the Zone (Add the Luxry package). The radio picks up all sorts of chatter as folks out in the wilds use radio’s mostly to keep in touch.
Random Radio Transmission
It sounds like two guys are just chit chatting about something being built in Whykin’s Harbor.” I am telling you Hess, I saw this flubber kind of fella, the harbor master put this thing on the ground and poof...”
Hess’ ornery voice, ” What? What did it do...”
”Sorry Hess, I was trying to keep my lunch down, that Flubber guy is all sorts of gross. Well on the ground this rectangle box the sixze of a grape grows and morphs into a strange 5ft tall cube box. If that did not beat all, I could tell by just looking at it, it was collecting sunshine and powering up.”
Hess’ voice seems piqued, ”Powering up for what Billy?”
” Heck if I know, folks seemed to think it was going to transform the city into something special... I got to get off before Darline starts smacking me, she is already giving me the evil eye.
” Haha, say hi to that witch for me! Same time??”
Benny Opportunity
Include a short paragraph of one such trasmission being blasted out over the wilds. +1 benny
Flippy and Floppy plus their mark IV and cadre of dog boy and psi-stalker crazies(all on motor cycles) drive alongside the Zone for a couple days. But on the 3rd day early in the morning the road diverges.
The two red head gentlemen make a nice meal for the 13th. Camping eggs, pancakes, and the last of the rhino buffalo bacon.
One of them says, ” Well, we are off yonder towards Stormspire. Thanks for all your tips on how to deal with the locals their. I think we will be well prepared.”
The other says, ” Yeah who is that fella we are meeting wtih? Kazza or somthing... This is going to be fun!”
The one who spoke first laughs, ” Thats Ka’za man, sheez let me do the talking as he is the ruler of Stormspire.”
The other laughs, ” Ok, Ok... But I get to pic where we stay, its between the Dandy Dragon, Silvered Sleeper, and Necron Napper. All three sounds so comfy, the legion got us some extra creds to grease the wheels so to speak!” The two laugh and bit adieu taking their vehicle, supplies, and crazies with them.
Probably for the better as one of the psi-stalker crazies was sniffing arround the group like it had lost his lunch in someone’s pocket.

As the sun is riding high the heroes of the 13th pull into view of Whykin. It is a large walled city sitting out in front of the old Appalachian mountain range, a nice sized river runs along the back of the city (Outside the city there is a large bridge that spans the river called the Kings Crossing). The mountains behind the city have a large amount of cloud cover and are numerous, a really perfect place to hide if you needed it. Grassy plains stretch each direction. A massive spire struts out from the city center, the kings spire! To the east of the greatwalled city it looks like some heavy load lifting PA and RAs are clearing the easterly plains of a massive battle. Anyone with sense recognizes the markings on the RAs as Black Market. Before anyone can do anything three things happen in order.

1) Long range missiles hit the black market PAs and RAs making them just another cog in the mess of machine, men, and skelebots already littering the eastern plains of Whykin

2) The Zone and Nadine pick up some CS signatures on their radars, most about 5000ft (800”) away coming in hot. Six UR-A1s, 2 spider skull walkers, a squadron of SAMAS(24), 200 skelebots, and a Mark V troop carrier. The skelebots and troop carrier are about 100” away coming over a small rise that had hid them from view.
  • Both the Zone and Nadine hear a radio transmission. Its a rather snide pompous voice, like someone who has lived with a silver spoon for far too long, ” This is Captain Timmothy Llyboc, son of Col. Llyboc. Zone ranger, and Titan Robot Armor power down your vehicles. We do not recognize you as black market agents. However, prepare to be inspected and if found wanting processed at a detention facility. As of 0500 this morning Whykin is a protectorate—- Where did it go!!”
3) The entire city of Whykin Vanishes!! It just winks out of existence!
  • Another radio trasmission from this captain Llyboc. This time a bit more frantic, and angry, ” What happened to the city!! Did you do to something to Whykin!! Zone Ranger and Titan Robot Armor, we are taking you into custody. You will rue the day you trifled with the coalition.”
The Coalition forces all head in your direction! A final Transmission comes over the radio but it is not from the coalition it is from an unexpected ally. ” Uhh, is this thing even on Smiky? Oh yeah the read dot, Hey Max can you hear me? Its George man, your monkey pal. Our scopes say Wkykin just vanished... Not good man, watch out for those CS hornets they just blew up some of our scavengers. Remember Xenith base? If you need a place to lay low, just head into the mountains... I marked the location on your nav units just incase you forgot friend. Folks at Xenith might be a bit mad at you still, but I can let them know you are coming and if you got one of them smooth as silk talkers make sure they get out first. Haha. Good luck Max! Oh man I forgot to tell you about Carol—-” The trasmission goes dead as long range radio communication start being jammed (Short range, vehicle to vehicle works fine).
Theiving Tails
Knock... Knock... Its about this time the two tails of the group knock on their “masters” shoulder. They each have a credstick with the legion logo. 1d6x100k creds...
Cantrell
A burst of static comes over your personal com unit and then a familiar dog boy voice echoes over your headset, ” I know thats you out there Cantrell... I bet you still got that prototype armor... Did you know a Zone also took out the much beloved sixth mobile infantry. I really hope that was you... Its going to be nice to get real comfy with you again. You remember what you used to call me?? If you pop the glove box, I had our agent sneak another peice of that cyber horse Tolkeen Commander in for you... She is a screamer.”. The dog boy voice trails off laughing.
Whew yeah, pop the glove choose a cyber peice to find...
Will the heroes head into the foot hills of the Appalachian mountains in an attempt to loose their CS would be pursuers. Or will they stand and fight an overwhelming force... What happened to the city of Whykin?? Only time will tell if the heroes live long enough to get to the bottom of this mystery.
E65759BD-C819-4156-A41D-8910B2618034.jpeg

Player directions: Well the choice is yours, do you fight the CS or run? Make a post with some narration that reacts the the above narrative. Feel free to ask Flippy and Floppy any questions. Don’t forget the benny Opportunity for a misc radio transmission the group picks up.

Lastly choose what vechicle you are riding in or not riding in(possibly piloting). Choices are Zone Ranger, Flyer, or Nadine...

Basically this will either turn into combat or it will turn into a chase.

Welcome to Whykin.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Re: Part 3.1 SoD: The Whykin Situation

Post by Jitters »

Notice 6
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9
[dice]2[/dice] Ace!
Common Knowledge Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Smarts 4
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Thieving Tail
[dice]7[/dice] x 100k
Jitters will start off driving the Zone Ranger (whether he stays put has yet to be decided).
Benny Opportunity
"Tom? Tom? You there Tom?" Female voice.
"What do you need, Marta. I'm kinda busy over here. I thought I told you not to contact me on this frequency unless it were an emergency!" Presumably Tom replied.
"I think it could be. I heard tell of several of them Tolkeen boys came to town today. It seems they headed strait for the Warrens where the remaining Deebs are holed up there. I know the city officially proclaiming to join the CS ain't gonna tide to well with them." Marta replied.
"Well shit! I guess I need to get back to town to make sure things don't go to hell in a handbasket!"

Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

OOC Comments
Tail Shenanigans: [dice]0[/dice]
"Only" 100K.
Lib adores flying the plane. He gets such a strong feedback from it that even though he never even flew one before, he handles it like a pro. Not trying any barrel rolls, mind you, but the flight is smooth as glass for himself and anyone he might convince to be a passenger.

As they move along, he tends to fly forward and back, taking advantage of the lack of terrain complications to do a bit of light scouting for the ground patrol. During one of those runs, a burst of static from the radio startled him; it was followed by a mechanical, toneless voice.

"Warning! Warning! The coolant tank for the Hyperion Environmental Control System is low. Operating the HECS with no coolant can cause dimensional anomalies, spontaneous mutations and cats. Furthermore, it will void the warranty. This has been an automated announcement from Hyperion Customer Service, where we value your continued patronage, so long as you aren't scattered across the cosmos in tiny bits of radioactive particulate."

Then there's another burst of static, and the radio goes quiet. He's about to discuss the matter with Cantrell, but is interrupted by the events at Whykin proper. "That's... a lot of hardware out there. Shall we get to wherever we're going, that isn't here?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Nadine plods along at a brisk pace, in an attempt to keep up with the Zone Ranger. While scanning various frequencies, he comes across some interesting communications.
"Easy Company, flank left. Fox Company, reinforce left, stay on their..."
Squelches, followed by:
"I thought you had it on lockdown." "They gave it to you! Well, now what are we gonna do? We can't backtrack to find it, or we'll be late for the drop..."
More static...:
"No way we're leaving any time soon. That looks like half the CS army rolling on Whykin. I don't care if we're late. If they want him so bad, they can come down here and pick him up themselves. Clear out the CS while they're at it. Good luck with that!"
Max stops at the last voice, but it is interrupted by the communication from a Captain Lyboc. Hey...I know that name! Before he can hit the comms, George's voice comes through. Xenith. We are nearby, aren't we? Pfft. George thinks I forgot where it was. I'll never forget...oh, it's over there. Wrong mountain.
Running the scan on the CS forces arrayed against them makes Max blanch just a little bit. Normally, he'd love to dance with them, but what they have in reserve gives him little comfort that he and Nadine would be able to knock those Enforcers down before they did too much damage. He pauses for just a moment, then hits his comms to Cantrell. He stops short as Whykin disappears from existence. Gobsmacked, he shakes his head to get the gears moving again.
"Top Dog, I'm assuming you saw what I just saw, and I'm not hallucinating that the whole city just went poof. Well, we've got options here. Yeah, we could tuck tail, we could stand and fight...or we can hit a market hideout that's nearby. We get moving right now, we can make it. But I know the name Lyboc. That kid's father's squadron was at Gloom with us. One Eye Alex knows him from the other side. That captain's mother makes ridiculously good tomato soup. I know they've got silly numbers, but if they're just as curious about what happened to Whykin as we are, we might be able to have a skull session and try to work it out. I admit that none of my options are great. Pretty sure the market is holding me personally responsible for not passing along that cargo we got out of Silver Bluff. Maybe we lead with Jude if we go to Xenith? Maybe we lead with Jude if we talk to Lyboc? Jude, you busy?"
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 11
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]

Jude lounged back on one of the sofas now installed in the large living space of the Zone Ranger. He had his everful bottle of bourbon out and a glass in his hand, sipping the smooth liquor. Damn, but Jerk-Bane sure knew a good whiskey! All Jude needed was a nice cigar, but he didn’t think Cantrell would approve of smoking inside the ZR.

“Say, whose idea was it to put the pole in the middle of the room?” Jude asked. “I like it.”

The ride was smooth, so Jude drifted in and out of sleep as the radio chattered. He idly picked at the strings of Zieja/Tasha Wicked’s guitar.

“Captain Coulson. This is Agent Mace. Remember that girl that burned down Precinct 9 last year?”

“Yes.”

“I might have tracked down a lead. I’m out at the Black Market salvage site now to follow up. Seems those Legion folks might not have been so straight with us about that Mackenzie girl. Might even have a name of the guy that busted her out. Or at least a callsign. Maverick”

“Yeah? That’s good. Heard a lot of chatter on channels from out west with that name the last several weeks. Seems like every female traveling trader or merc is talking about this Maverick. It’s like they have a network of hook ups.”

“Well, we’ll soon put an end to--”

//sound of a massive explosion//

“What was that? Mace? Agent Mace?” //whispering// “They what! Scramble the defense force. Alert the artillery batt--” ssssssshshhhsshshshshshsh

Jude sat up as static claimed the airwaves and frowned. He glanced out the window, settled back, and then sat bolt upright again, staring out the window.

“Say, wasn’t there a city out there a moment ago?” Jude said with surprise.

And then the voice of Captain Lyboc came on.

“Ah, crap. We can’t catch a break!” Jude muttered, grabbing up his rifle, just in case.

“Jude, you busy?" Max asked.

“I wasn’t until an entire Coalition army brigade showed up. Are they finally making a move to annexy Whykin? Pretty sure the king won’t like that,” Jude commented. “Boss, you want me to talk to this Lyboc? Max is right. We know his father. That might buy us some cred.” Jude paused. “Well, unless he hates his father.”

Conditions
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 15/15 PPE
Bennies: 13/6
Adventure Cards:
  • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
  • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Stop by Whykin on the way to make a delivery for Black Market Carol. Our orders were to avoid Whykin.
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell flips lazily through various radio bands as the Zone Ranger approaches Whykin. She'd had to abandon the cab of the vehicle when Jitters started singing show tunes, and had spent most of the trip in the blessed solitude of the rail gun turret.

<< ... Ohmygod Becky-Six, I can't believe you just said that! You are such a bitch! He didn't even see me naked we just did some hand stuff and then ...>> <<squelch>> << ... and then thith one time, at android camp, thith older model with a rebooted core fell on a lather rifle and the barrel went ... >> <<squelch>> << ... Five-Three-Zero-Niner, Jenny, Jenny come in? Jenny, you're the girl ... >> <<squelch>> << ... Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir ...>>

Bored and a little annoyed, Cantrell is about to shut down her radio when a burst of static comes over her personal comm unit and a familiar dog boy voice echoes over her headset:

<<I know that's you out there Cantrell ... I bet you still got that prototype armor ... Did you know a Zone also took out the much beloved Sixth Mobile Infantry. I really hope that was you ... It's going to be nice to get real comfy with you again. You remember what you used to call me? If you pop the glove box, I had our agent sneak another peice of that cyber horse Tolkeen Commander in for you... She is a screamer>> The dog boy voice trails off, laughing.

"Butcher, you fuck. Whatever you do to her, I'm gonna do twice to you," she says, just as all hell breaks loose.

Missiles blast the Black Market scavengers, the radar lights up with Coalition targets, and Whykin vanishes. Lyboc's transmission comes through, followed immediately by one of Max's old Black Market contacts offering possible salvation.

<<Jude, if you want to hop on the radio and sweet talk Lyboc, knock yourself out. Everybody else, let's head for the mountains and see if these old friends of Max have a hidey-hole for us. No sense engaging the Coalition out here in open terrain where they can use their numbers. Shoot back at anything that shoots at you or gets too close, but don't stop moving while you do. Punch it, Jitters!>>

Orders issued, Cantrell climbs up into the turret and prepares to unleash hot death at any SAMAS that fly into range.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Cantrell wrote:<<Jude, if you want to hop on the radio and sweet talk Lyboc, knock yourself out. Everybody else, let's head for the mountains and see if these old friends of Max have a hidey-hole for us. No sense engaging the Coalition out here in open terrain where they can use their numbers. Shoot back at anything that shoots at you or gets too close, but don't stop moving while you do. Punch it, Jitters!>>
Jitters sees the CS forces out there, all lined up pretty and so inviting to take apart with his swords, however before he has a chance to indulge himself in melee combat, Cantrell gives him orders from the turret of the Zone Ranger. He looks to her and back to the CS forces, then back to her. He could be to the APC in a little less than six seconds and cut a hole in it and take it over right after that. But if he did that, it would leave Jude and Cantrell and everyone else in the Zone Ranger immobile and sitting ducks, because besides Libertas, Jitters was the only other person in the group who knew how to drive. And even if that weren't enough, Jitters and Libertas were the only two in the group who can power the vehicle since it had been converted over as a TW Zone Ranger. So dejectedly, he floors the Zone Ranger, driving it for what it's worth with one hand while his tail and other hand are setting up his WI-GL20 Automatic Grenade Launcher in case he needs to return fire. Once done, he pulls Vibe free and extends his arm into the air, whipping it around as he shouts "Hi ho Silver, away!"
Driving 8
[dice]0[/dice] Ace!
Driving Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

-1 Benny Extra Effort [dice]3[/dice]
Jitters weaves around large stack of cases of grenades for a grenade launcher that tumbled off of a hover truck. His tail caught one crate before it hit the ground and put it in the passenger seat.
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 12
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

“Acknowledged, Cantrell,” Jude said, getting up from his seat and pulling out his radio.

“Lyboc, is that you?” Jude spoke. “It’s Jude Maverick. I dated your sister back in the Academy.” Jude paused. No, that likely wasn’t the best lead in. That didn’t end well. “I mean, we were in Military History class together. Well, anyway,” Jude said quickly, “saw your dad recently. We kicked the ass of this wicked magic bitch. He said to say hi, if I ever saw you, so...hi.

“Listen, I think there’s been some misunderstanding here. We’re just as gobsmacked as you about what happened to Whykin. Since when do you guys go poking your nose down here, anyway? Last I heard, the king of Whykin was still giving you all the ‘up yours’. You said something happened to the Sixth? Damn. Is my sister okay? You remember Nici, right? Pretty sure she shot you down for the junior officers dance.” Jude paused again. Okay, probably another thing not good to bring up.

“So anyway, we were just down here for a job. Nothing to do with the city disappearing. I mean, hell! How would we even manage that? Did you even see anything on your sensors coming from us? Give it a look. I’ll wait.”

Jude looked at the others. He really hoped this worked.

“Why don’t we see what we can find out before we go blowing anyone up?” Jude asked. “Or, you know, we’ll just be on our way and let you look into this. I’ll look you up later, and we can raise a glass and laugh over this little misunderstanding.

“By the way, captain. Wow. Congrats on the promo, man!”
Renown Yes
50% chance he’s heard of Jude’s awesomeness.
[dice]2[/dice]
Persuasion 19
Persuasion [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Conditions
Adventure Cards:
  • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
  • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Stop by Whykin on the way to make a delivery for Black Market Carol. Our orders were to avoid Whykin.
Character Tracker
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Captain’s voice comes over the comms nearing and snide as ever, ” Maverick... The legendary Jude Maverick... My sister still pines for you to this day. She sits in a chair by the door waiting your return... I have heard of the trail of women all accross North America, I have seen their faces and in some cases their bodies.”. The Captain whispers orders to his troops... Skelebots, Butcher close in on that bridge... Do not let them into the mountains!”

More directly into the comm line he poors on the charm belying his normal rudeness, ” Oh yes Jude Maverick, all is forgiven by High Command, if you are or any of your compatriots are wanted we can hand wave the charges away. As you so admirably pointed out I am a Captain after all... Hahaha!”. He whispers more orders, Nicole, get those SAMAS into the mountains yesterday!

He comes back with a sense of false friendliness trying to by time for his troops to get into position. ” Oh and I of course remember your sister Mr. Jude Maverick. I recently put her in charge of our SAMAS wing. She is such a fine pilot no doubt just as upstanding as yourself. There is a knoll about halfway between us, a fine apple orchard rest there. Let us connviene and talk this over. I think you are right, this all seems like a simple mistake.” He whispers away from the hot comm unit again, Enforcers, prepare to open fire either on that orchard or the mountain foothills... Everyone we must capture Jude Maverick alive, High Command and the emperor himself have so ordered it... Disable, no finishing moves... Is this Mic still on?”. The last thing you really here from Lyyboc is a laser blast drilling his radio operator.
The above sets up the forth coming chase
Waiting on Flint, Zan, and Pan
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 9
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]

Jude paled at Captain Lyboc’s words.

“Let me discuss it with the team. I’ll get back to you,” Jude said quickly, without his usual brash confidence. He quickly squelched the radio.

“Nadya? I don’t know if I made things worse or better. Did you hear any of that?” Jude took a long swig from his bottle and tucked it away safely. “Look, can we try not to shoot down any SAMAS?” he asked.

Conditions
Adventure Cards:
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max shrugs, then hits the radio. "So, we're most definitely not having a skull session with Lyboc. Did...Jude, did you say 'don't shoot down any SAMAS'? That's all fine and dandy until they start shooting at us. I'm not trying to get collared by the CS today, friend's sister or not. If they get in range to hit us, I'm knocking them out of the sky. If your sister is about to pull the trigger on you, maybe you have some issues between the two of you that can be worked out when the whole CS isn't trying to turn us into paste." Nadine turns and hustles, full stride, towards Xenith.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 2
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jude fumed. “You’re lucky you’re over there in that big jalopy, Max,” he returned heatedly over the radio. “She’s just following orders. Maybe if I could get hold of her, I could explain the situation.” He moved to a window, praying not to see the SAMAS overhead. Which one would his sister be in?

“For once, I’d just like to solve this without bloodshed. Without killing someone I care about.”

Conditions
Adventure Cards:
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Jude Maverick wrote:Jude fumed. “You’re lucky you’re over there in that big jalopy, Max,” he returned heatedly over the radio. “She’s just following orders. Maybe if I could get hold of her, I could explain the situation.” He moved to a window, praying not to see the SAMAS overhead. Which one would his sister be in?

“For once, I’d just like to solve this without bloodshed. Without killing someone I care about.”
<<I'm with you Jude. If someone can come up here and magic these railguns to be non-lethal, I'm happy to just knock 'em down, instead of blowing them up. But when push comes to shove, we have to protect our people from the bad guys shooting at us. Any identifying insignia I should look for with your sister? I could try to take out a wing or something.>>
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Knowledge Electronics 9
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
-1 Benny Re-roll Knowledge Electronics [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
-1 Benny Re-roll Knowledge Electronics [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
-1 Benny Re-roll Knowledge Electronics [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Jitters fiddles with the radio as he searches for Jude's sister's personal radio frequency. "Hey Jude, is this her?" Jitters asks.
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM post will be forth coming either today or tomorrow.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max shakes his head. "I'm not headhunting over here, Jude. You're mine. I protect mine, even if it's from family. I'm not out to get her. I'm out to protect mine. This big jalopy can pick her wings off without putting a scratch in the rest of her armor, as long as I know it's her. But following orders doesn't make killing us more appealing. Let's not even bother with it and get to Xenith. You can finish that train of thought face to face once I'm out of this jalopy." He switches off comms and growls to himself. I don't care if it's your mother. She shoots at me, I'm returning fire until she learns her lesson.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60