Part 3.1 SoD, The Whykin Chase

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 3.1 SoD, The Whykin Chase

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Video Recap
Pender Lumkiss wrote:A Race to The Kings Crossing Bridge!!

With the city mysteriously vanished, and the CS barring down on them the 13th does what any sane person would do... They make for the Appalation Mountian range. The best route in is over the bridge called King’s crossing. Even for a flyer heading that general direction gets you into the cloudy mountain range fastest.

The friendly black market monkey hits the radios breaking through the interference, ” Damn that CS jamming is annoying. Uhh no Jitters this is not Jude’s sister, hehe... Try frequency 369.65, but you did not here it from me. Max, looks like you guys are making for Kings Crossing bridge... We got the first way point set up for you to receive and then it will take you to the second, and the third, and so forth. Like I said the final location is in your nav units in case you forgot. Oh yeah we got a couple uhh, surveyors out at the bridge. They were going to assist the heavy loaders with appraising the merchandise but, looks like those loaders are scragged. If you see them can you scoup them up? It might help your cause. Regarding what I said about Carol—-” The line goes dead as the new CS jamming operative ups his game.

The Samas wing angles in heading into the mountains and soon disappears into the cloud cover.
A female voice comes over the comms static as all get out,” Kssshhh. Jude is that you—-“ Then it gets squelched out. The robot armor units seem out paced by this chase and so settle for moving as close to the water’s edge, just north of where the city harbor should be, a good 2000 feet away preparing to launch missiles!!

First though the 13th must beat the Skelebots and Mk V troop carrier to the bridge and entrance into the mountain range. Either a profound sense of duty or something more personel drives these metal units, something vengeful. Its going to be close... but seriously the heroes are in fast movers and that Mk V is as slow as a snail, so how close is it going to be... Lets find out!
Player Directions and Narative: Note, there are differnt rules if you are a driver or a passenger. I am trying to run it as close to a normal chase as possible with a couple of twists.
Libertas in the TK flyer
The enforcers start shooting missiles into the air space above you driving you to the deck! Are they trying to kill you or herd you? The relative slow moving skelebots raise rocket launchers and grenade launchers at your craft as you go zooming towards the Kings Crossing bridge! It might even be time for some fancy flying maneuvers. If it were not for the heavy weapons being pointed at your general direction the next few minutes might have been found most facinating!
The good thing is that your TK flyer even when not juiced by a leyline is much faster than those ground units.

Let me loose!!!! —- huh was that you tail? Because it better be your tail. Yup your tail is thrashing chained up like a slave. Let me loose!!!, now that sounds distinctly like a lady shark voice!!! (GM Say what!)

Player Directions: Note, there are different rules if you are driving or a passanger.

Please make a Piloting ( or appropriate skill) roll at +3(This accounts for the handling, flying bonus), this will affect how many cards you receive for the chase. The more cards received the higher the chance to gain a better card than those chasing you. Having a higher card generally means you will not be attacked and will be able to attack the ones chasing you.
  • Piloting Maneuver(Optional): You may take a -2 to your above piloting roll to gain one of the below benefits:
    • Defense: The TN to hit you or your vehicle is increased by 2 ( This also provides 2 pts of armor vs area attacks)
    • Offense: You give all passangers a +2 bonus to hit.
Flint Libertas’ Gunner in TK flyer
As the Flyer gets low to avoid the arial missile bombardment from the enforcers the scenery wips past you, you barely have time to possibly do one of two things. Help Libertas pilot from the back seat because its no joke if an air craft hits something hard, explosive and mostly immovable, so it might be good to lend some kind of helping hand. However three skelebots in particular are lining up a good shot... Oh no! Wait they are not even skelebots, their red crome armor gives them away as CS combat Borgs!!! The question is will you back seat fly or try to time it so you can get an even better shot on that group of borgs? Needless to say the next few minutes with be frought with choices...
Player Directions: Consult your options below, make your choice/roll and narrate your response to the OCC scene and scene in general.
  • Chose one of the two options, if you are capable of extra actions via an edge/ability of extra actions (or long term spell effect) you can use that extra action here instread of the next scene to do both.
    • Helping the person driving or piloting: You can make a co-operative roll to give a small bonus to your driver ( The skill used does not have to be driving or piloting, creativity is rewarded, but only one skill can be used to help. Two helpers could not use notice for example). Every success and raise acheived adds +1 to your drivers roll. The maxiumum bonus from any and all co-op rolls a driver can receive is a total of +4.
    • Ready a weapon (Could be a personal weapon, spell, or vehicle weapon if one is available): You concentrate on scouring the vicinity making sure the weapon you bear has the best possible chance of targeting an enemy. Make a notice check.
      • Success: You are able to bring your weapon to bear at the right time as if everything else is standing still: Ignore Unstable Platform Penalties for the dramatic action phase.
      • Raise: You bring your weapon to bear in that split second you and the thing chasing you are closest. If you have advantage ( or your driver does), treat the range increment one less than it is. Not in range is treated as long range. Short or Melee range does not gain an additional benifit.
      • Double Raise: Even if you had a hard time getting into the right position, you lucked out as the thing chasing you left itself wide open for an attack. You can attack without having advantage.
Jitters Driving the Zone
What! Looks like a large amount wreckage might make the drive a bit more difficult. Plus up a head somehow 15 skelebots managed to get out to the bridge and are holding it. They seem to be seriously dedicated to making your life difficult. ” We must Hold the Bridge, stop and desist or we will detonate the security mine feild!!”They might just end up slowing you down just enough to get caught and WTF did they say mine feild?? But seriously even with all that stacked against Jitters who can beat the fastest man alive?? Surely not the 185 CS skeletals on your tail, and it is a good thing you got a couple legendary heroes watching your back. They might even be able to help you with the mine feild ( Cantrell)and large cumbersome peices of wrecklage from a battle fought a few weeks ago (Jude).

Kock, knock, hello... Jitters... This is your tail.
your tail has opened up the Grenade crate curious as to what it has uncovered. Hmm, looks like less grenades than you thought, but sweet christmas its a portable rocket launcher with not just 1 but 2 black market Black Betty war heads...
(Range 30/60/120, Damage 6d6+6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT, know one even knows where to buy them, snapfire).

If it were not for the high speed stakes the next couple of minutes might have been spent in awe of the new missiles. Your tail certainly is!

Player Directions:

Please make a Piloting (or appropriate skill ) roll at +3(This accounts for the handling, flying bonus), this will affect how many cards you receive for the chase. The more cards received the higher the chance to gain a better card than those chasing you. Having a higher card generally means you will not be attacked and will be able to attack the ones chasing you (GM will deal you a card for every success and raise acheived in the next scene).
  • Piloting Maneuver(Optional and affects next scene): You may take a -2 to your above piloting roll to gain one of the below benefits:
    • Defense: The TN to hit you or your vehicle is increased by 2 ( This also provides 2 pts of armor vs area attacks)
Cantrell Gunner in Zone Ranger
. Looking back at the massive number of skelebots chasing you might be distracting you from the real threat. Looks like a team of dogboys... Your ex team has been laying mines near the bridge does Jitters even see them?? On a nearby knoll you catch sight of a Dog Boy PA, marked with a laughing Hound... Butcher’s second and pretty much a prankster... It waves lining up a shot with a couple choice heavy weapons. Breaking though the comm silience, you here the wise guy growl, ” I got me a new top dog Cantrell... Jeeze we sayz if we ever saw youze weze smoke you hot. Guez chienz do come home, haha.” You got a split second choice to make, do you help Jitters navigate the mine feild, or you can take a breath and try and get the best possible bead on that Joker...
Player Directions: Consult your options below, make your choice/roll and narrate your response to the OCC scene and scene in general.
  • Chose one of the two options, if you are capable of extra actions via an edge/ability of extra actions (or long term spell effect) you can use that extra action here instread of the next scene to do both.
    • Helping the person driving or piloting: You can make a co-operative roll to give a small bonus to your driver ( The skill used does not have to be driving or piloting, creativity is rewarded, but only one skill can be used to help. Two helpers could not use notice for example). Every success and raise acheived adds +1 to your drivers roll. The maxiumum bonus from any and all co-op rolls a driver can receive is a total of +4.
    • Ready a weapon (Could be a personal weapon, spell, or vehicle weapon if one is available): You concentrate on scouring the vicinity making sure the weapon you bear has the best possible chance of targeting an enemy. Make a notice check.
      • Success: You are able to bring your weapon to bear at the right time as if everything else is standing still: Ignore Unstable Platform Penalties for the dramatic action phase.
      • Raise: You bring your weapon to bear in that split second you and the thing chasing you are closest. If you have advantage ( or your driver does), treat the range increment one less than it is. Not in range is treated as long range. Short or Melee range does not gain an additional benifit.
      • Double Raise: Even if you had a hard time getting into the right position, you lucked out as the thing chasing you left itself wide open for an attack. You can attack without having advantage.
Jude Passenger in Zone Ranger
. You might have had a lot on your mind, it seems like the world is out to get you, and maybe it is. Lots of wreckage litters the ground, it might make it a bit hard for the Zone to traverse. Some of it is just so difficult to navigate. Plus out of the corner of your eye you see a CS special force crouched nearby between some boulders. He has a fancy dual scoped laser finder clutched in his hand. But before Jude can really process it...
Captain Llyboc’s snide superior voice hits Jude’s comms, ” Jude, now see here young man. I think if you convice your comrades to turn themselves in we can be leanient... I would also hate, just hate to see something happen to Nicky... Or for her to hear about that little mishap with umm, was it Jack you killed in Gloom? What is it? The wedding is in a month... I got them the nicest charcuterie set, the poor girl...” Off a bit to the side for Jude’s benifit the captain says whispers to his radio operator, ” Tell Jagger paint Squad A, and the Zone Ranger so we may launch a deadly strike as either target with our long range missiles...” He comes back to Jude, ” Oh yes where were we. You stand down like a good Maverick, and you live that I promise... My sister would like to see you again.”
The CS special force soldier jude saw a second ago places his scopes one into the mountains and one at jude in the Zone. He must have x-ray vision because he gives Jude the bird. In this split second what are going to do? Help Jitters navigate through the large wreckage or take a breathe and try to get a goodshot at the Jaggers fellow?
Player Directions:
Max in Nadine
Xenith Base, only 4 way points and you will be sure to loose these CS suckers! But in a chase it would. Be nice to be a bit faster right? The ground shakes next to Nadine as the UR-1 Enforcers open up pounding the ground arround Nadine. Its looks like the Mk V is zooming down towards the bridge trying to cut Nadine off from her escape. That heavy rail gun turret looks pretty deadly as well. Is it really swiveling towards Nadine’s fresh coat of paint?

Something must have gotten jostled because little Alex’s face pops up on one of the monitors, he seems bright and cheerful and clearly a video recording.Hi Top Dog, I know Cantrell is Top Dog but you are my top dog. I just wanted you to let you know I understand. Ms. Dee said she found me a spot on a Arcane investigative unit. She said I would be a good fit and learn a lot from the others on the team. They don’t have a Top dog like you, but I hear they got a wolf kind of guy. Its going to be awesome! Tell Jitters, I got Sally and I good place outside the castle and... And well she is sad... Ms. Dee says I should draw on my own experiences in Silver Bluff... She says I need to tell her how I was able to cope with the loss of my dad... It was you Max... The camera drops and Alex falls to the ground crying. Someone, a cloaked figure blury and hard to make out lifts him up consoling him and then the camera goes dead.
Player Directions:

Please make a Piloting ( or appropriate skill) roll at +1(This accounts for the slightly better speed), this will affect how many cards you receive for the chase. The more cards received the higher the chance to gain a better card than those chasing you. Having a higher card generally means you will not be attacked and will be able to attack the ones chasing you.
  • Piloting Maneuver(Optional): You may take a -2 to your above piloting roll to gain one of the below benefits:
Extra Actions
  • if you are capable of extra actions via an edge/ability of extra actions (or long term spell effect) you can use that extra action here instread of the next scene to do either or both if you have that many actions.
Attachments
49F0015D-0721-4ED1-B7D5-A6CBFDE32B15.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Re: Part 3.1 SoD, The Whykin Chase

Post by Jitters »

Notice 6
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]11[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]12[/dice]
Smarts 7
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
[dice]13[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]16[/dice]
Driving 18
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]14[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]17[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]18[/dice]
-1 Benny Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice]
+3 for Scene
-2 for Piloting Manuver: Defense
Knowledge Electronics 4 to tune the radio to Frequency 369.65
[dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]15[/dice]
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Jitters Driving in the Zone
What! Looks like a large amount wreckage might make the drive a bit more difficult. Plus up a head somehow 15 skelebots managed to get out to the bridge and are holding it. They seem to be seriously dedicated to making your life difficult. ” We must Hold the Bridge, stop and desist or we will detonate the security mine feild!!”They might just end up slowing you down just enough to get caught and WTF did they say mine feild?? But seriously even with all that stacked against Jitters who can beat the fastest man alive?? Surely not the 185 CS skeletals on your tail, and it is a good thing you got a couple legendary heroes watching your back. They might even be able to help you with the mine feild ( Cantrell)and large cumbersome peices of wrecklage from a battle fought a few weeks ago (Jude).

Kock, knock, hello... Jitters... This is your tail.
your tail has opened up the Grenade crate curious as to what it has uncovered. Hmm, looks like less grenades than you thought, but sweet christmas its a portable rocket launcher with not just 1 but 2 black market Black Betty war heads...
(Range 30/60/120, Damage 6d6+6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT, know one even knows where to buy them, snapfire).

If it were not for the high speed stakes the next couple of minutes might have been spent in awe of the new missiles. Your tail certainly is!
Jitters sees the wreckage up ahead and starts zipping and zooming through it with the grace of a acrobat, saying to himself over and over "I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!". He would zoom past a burning piece of wreckage as close as he could, providing their enemies a limited opportunity to fire at them every time the Zone Ranger was out in the open. Upon entering the minefield, Jitters dodge around where the mines were like a cowboy racing barrels at an old time rodeo, hoping he'll get the Mark V to make the mistake of driving over one. "Who's up for a nice rousing round of 15 pin bowling?" When his tail opens the crate, what he sees are not grenades, but a rocket launcher with two rounds. "Hey Top Dog and Sub-Woofer, which would you rather me fire at our foes, and where should I point these lovelies? My Automatic Grenade Launcher, or this Rocket Launcher I just procured?"
Last edited by Jitters on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Running Total Ace: [dice]2[/dice]

Going for Flying for Defense. -2 MAP.

Unskilled -2, -2 MAP, +4 MachMaes, +1 Handling, +2 Flying vs. Land: Net total +3

Piloting [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Piloting [dice]4[/dice]
Bare bones success: 1 card, -2 to be hit, +2 Armor vs. Area Effect Attacks.
Libertas shakes his head. "I think we should just as soon evade those mid-air explosions, don't you, Flint?" He begins an intricate set of barrel-rolls and sharp banking turns to make a tougher target. He also starts spending the PPE necessary to keep his own suit of armor charged up--best to cover all angles.

As he flies, he starts pondering other modifications that could be made to the Flyer; pilot assistance, of course, maybe even an air-spirit to help with the flying... Hm... Maybe weather-management....

Then he blinks in surprise. Lady Viggo? What...? Are you in my tail? How...?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Flint’s pop open... Seems like the old man was asleep. Heavy stress on was. Bugs are constantly being zapped as they fly into his face.
” Looks like you got the fancy flying taken care of kid. I see the kind understanding CS frakers have sent some combat borgs our way. I try to line up a shot... Did I tell you I could have been getting a sponge bath from the most beatiful woman in the world? Instead I get bugs... ”
He rubs his eyes getting them focused and concentrates on lining up a shot with p-beam cannon.
Wait where did the city go?
Notice +2 with the one ring[dice]1[/dice] wild [dice]0[/dice]
( he can ignore the unstable platform penalty)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Piloting
Piloting +1 for speed advantage, +2 for Ace, -2 for Defensive Maneuvers
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]1[/dice]

Benny to reroll piloting with Elan
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]3[/dice]
Max smiles as Alex's message comes through. His face shifts to concern, though, as the hooded figure swoops in to console Alex. Who the hell is that?! He doesn't have time to obsess over it, though. The Mark V is trying to cut him off. "Nadine's got some new moves for you, buddy!" In a rather amusing development, perhaps from his time behind the kit with Drei Marbles Left, Nadine...starts to dance! Not just erratic movements, but some actual dance steps! A spin, a turn, a slide, all pumping to the rhythm of the DML hit Get Moving! which is blaring out over Nadine's loudspeakers. "GET MOVING! Don't get caught standing still. GET MOVING! Move your body, feel the thrill!"
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Double Raise to Line Up Shots
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice]2[/dice]
"Andre, you silly son-of-a-bitch, when have you ever known me to step without looking?" Cantrell mutters to herself as she spots the Cajun Dog Boy in the power armor, and the squad laying mines in their path. She thought about spinning the turret around to try to spot mines for Jitters, but decided to trust the Crazy's reflexes and focus on Dog Boy-sniping instead of backseat-driving.

"Let's see if you still know how to two-step, Andre," says as she zeroes in on a target lock on the Dog Boy and any other threats in the vicinity.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 10
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]

”Kssshhh. Jude is that you--”

Jude lunged for the radio. “Nik! Yes, it’s me!” he exclaimed, but got only a squelch of static again. “Damn it!”

”Jude, now see here, young man. I think if you convince your comrades to turn themselves in we can be lenient. I would also hate, just hate, to see something happen to Nicky. Or for her to hear about that little mishap with, umm, was it Jack you killed in Gloom? What is it? The wedding is in a month. I got them the nicest charcuterie set, the poor girl...” Off a bit to the side, for Jude’s benefit, the captain whispers to his radio operator, ”Tell Jagger paint Squad A, and the Zone Ranger, so we may launch a deadly strike as either target with our long range missiles.” He comes back to Jude. ”Oh yes, where were we? You stand down like a good Maverick, and you live, that I promise. My sister would like to see you again.”

“You bastard,” Jude growled. “Look, if you let them go, I’ll turn myself in. I’ll jump out of this ZR and you can have me. Just let them go,” he told Lyboc. “And Nik has nothing to do with whatever sins you want me for.”

Jude spotted Jagger with the laser targeting devices. Crap. He had to do something. He grabbed his rifle and moved to a window where he could find a good shot at Jagger.
Ready Weapon 4 Success. Ignore unstable platform penalty
Notice [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Conditions
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 15/15 PPE
Bennies: 13/6
Adventure Cards:
  • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
  • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Stop by Whykin on the way to make a delivery for Black Market Carol. Our orders were to avoid Whykin.
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote::o The Kings Crossing Bridge Looms Near All too soon the heroes of the 13th find them selves jockeying for position and advantage in their race for the bridge. About 100 skelebots try to get into position to take down the flyer, while the other 100 tries to intercept the zone ranger. The mark V CS troop transport tries desperatly to stay on the heels of Max’s Titan robot armor.

To make matters more complicated the CS heavies while clearly out paced in this kind of chance just lay waste to the ground beside, in front, and behind the heroes making their lives much much more difficult. If it were not for the torrential rain of bombarded death that the heroes face the surrounding green grass country side might have looked rather peaceful especially since the once bustling city is shockingly no longer there. It is a wid open grass land, with a few things here and there like the occasional cart or logs seemingly left near where one might have thought a city gate was.

The bridge itself is a flurry of activity, not only are skelebots trying to hold it to prevent any passage but a small convoy, no more than 5 people big, are crossing the bridge on the action side... Those must be the black market appraisers ole George was talking about. Don't they know a battle is going on? From their leaders calm transmission they were clearly caught by surprise.
” Damnit, this is big Boss, Mikey Danger the goddamn skelebots are all over this place... You there in the flier, Zone, and RA—. Damnit is that Nadine? Sweet Christmas it doesn’t matter, Beck-six keep your head down!”. Some gunfire is heard in the background of the short range transmission Big Mikey’s hard voice comes back on, ” We need some help out here, otherwise the market is going to need to find another boss. We can make it worth your while...” Well from the sounds of it, its too late for them to escape the CS but its not too late for the 13th to make sure these innocent bystanders don't get blasted away!
Benny opportunity, the tales of Big Boss Mikey
For a benny, tell a short tale of one of the exploits you might have heard about regarding the black market big boss Mickey Danger.”

Player Directions and Narrative by Vehicle
Card Draws:
OOC Comments
Libertas Going Defense(-2 to hit and +2 Armor vs Area Attacks) (Flint) 1: [dice]37004:0[/dice] KoC (Perfect position, no penalty)
  • Bad guys trailing behind with rocket launchers: Skelebots (3CS cyborgs), agility [dice]37004:3[/dice] wild [dice]37004:4[/dice] benny for ef [dice]37004:8[/dice]... card [dice]37004:9[/dice] 10C
Max" Going Defense(-2 to Hit and +2 armor vs Area Attacks) (alone): [dice]37004:1[/dice] 4D ( Almost impossible position, -4 penalty)
  • Mk V chugging along: [dice]37004:7[/dice] ef [dice]37004:10[/dice]card [dice]37004:11[/dice]reroll 38 [dice]37004:12[/dice]7S ( almost impossible position, -4)
Jitters defense(-2 to be hit, +2 armor vs area attacks) (Cantrell, Jude): [dice]37004:2[/dice], AD( Perfect Position, no penalty)
  • Skelebots racing to and holding the bridge(team of dog boys including Archer, amd Jagger the spotter for RA missiles) agility [dice]37004:5[/dice] wild [dice]37004:6[/dice]
Libertas and Flint
There is just no way for the Skelebots and CS red crome cyborgs to stop you from flying over the bridge. You are just too fast. However a few enforcers launch medium missiles at the flyer and they explode all arround the flyer requiring some fancy flying to be had or you will lose control. Even Flint will need to brace himself or possibley get winded from shrapnel or banging his head on the flyer as Libertas makes his maneuver.

The flyer passes by the hopeless cadre of skelebots and CS borgs standing at the edge of the bridge... Its an easy shot or pilot roll to either shoot them or knock them off the bridge down the ravine and into the water below. However, you know from tale or past experiece engaging the enemy in this manner might let them blindly strike back. One of the borgs tries in vain to get the skelebots and other borgs into position, ” Move it Frackers! Turtle 1 we cannot stop them... Everyone get down!”

Interestingly you can also see 5 blackmarket appraisers caught in a firefight with a few skelebots as well. While you are flying high, safe and secure. The same could not be said about the black market folks. It might take a bit of extra effort but if you wanted to grt in their and help those black market fellas out you probably could.

Libertas you do hear in your mind, perhaps distracting you, the lady shark voice, Why am I trapped in your tail?
Player Directions:
Step 1: Are you shaken?
  • Unshake normally, and if you are shaken as you move into the below steps you are at -2.
Step 2: Its always Complicated! Do to the long range balstic missiles exploding all arround...
  • Active Participants(Drivers, pilots, runners): Make a maneuvering Trait Roll(Piloting, driving, agility): Fail and you either take a level of fatigue from bumps or brusies if running, or consult the out of control table(use out of control if piloting or driving)
  • Passengers: Make an agility check or suffer a level of fatigue from a bump or bruise.
Step 3: Its time for Action: Each of the below takes an action and informs you on what you can do.
  • Attacking your target: You got yourself into the best possible position and do not take any aditional scene penalties. There are 20 Skelebots(Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4)), and 3 CS borgs(Parry: 7; Toughness: 24 (12)).
    • Reducing Penalties: Any ability a character has that reduces penalties to hit maybe used to reduce any to hit penalty as it representes a general combination of range, cover, illumination, hit location penalties.
  • Get Creative: You can also do something else not listed here.
  • Those attacked can always strike back(this does not apply to you, but it will be an option to any survivors of your attack... it is a blind attack at -4 penalty).
  • Drama Strikes: There does seem to be some Black Market operatives that need to be saved.
    • Dramatic task at -2, 5 successes needed(Group total)...
Step 4: Phase 2 Narration: Players narrate your action in-conjunction with the scene the GM set forth for you.
Jitters, Cantrell, Jude
The Radio pops on, Captain Llyboc’ snide condecending voice comes on, ” Well guess what a little doggy just told me, I did not realize we were in such estimeed company... Of traitors. Driver of the Zone Ranger, power down as you hit the bridge and come to a complete stand still. Our special forces have already mined the entrence to it as a precautionary tactic as we were prepared to deal with the black market scum.” Off to the side his mutied voice says, When that Zone stops or gets near the bridge fire betty one and betty two. That zone is full of traitors and I will see to their capture.
He comes back on confidant as ever, ” Well yes power down and my team of dog boys will gently escort you out and you will be taken to Echo base for processing... We will sort out what is what and whom is whom.”
On my mark green light Jagger and prepare to fire. Contact Archer and Butcher, release the dogs of war...
Jitters you and the Zone have this. With the exception of the skelebots already near the bridge entrance there is no way for the rest of their ilk to catch up. However, the driving gets a bit rocky as missiles from the UR-1 and laser blasts from the Spider Skull nearly make you miss your mark for the bridge entrance. Jude and Cantrell you better hang on as the Zone is rocking and bucking like a wild billy broncho. They are not exactly trying to kill you but definately trying to drive you into one of the supporting struts for the bridge.

The 15 pin bowling skelebots look fierce with rocket launchers as they try to scramble in front of the bridge entrence, but it is such a chore for them to get into position that they almost look like they are slow motion compared to Jitters lighning speed. As long as he remains in control of the Zone he can possibly take them out.

Cantrell, The dog boy in the suit of power armor give you the thumbs down. Trying to get a bead on you as the Zone wips by, but right now you got shot... You also catch a glimspe of a jeep with a large ion cannon close to him and another dogboy manning it... It has Betty 1 painted on it.

Jude, A spec force soldier with a hi tech laser painting device nestled inbetween a rock outcropping tries to paint the zone as best he can. ” Say good bye to Nicky Jude, she was one of the best.”.

All of a sudden the area surrounding the brige goes white hot as the mine field erupts in bright lights.
Over the comms a voice comes in cutting through the static, ”Drie Marbles Left, My name is Agent Mace... My team and I have been at the black market salvage site for a few days now... The black market has always been a thorn, but the CS will be the death of Whykin... I am not sure what happened to our city, but if you could get your friends in the Tomorrow Legion’s 13th SET to find out I would greatly appriciate it. The men in my unit love Drie Marbles Left and little Tobes recognized your Zone Ranger, we disabled the mine field and bought you a moment to breath, but we cannot get to Big Boss Danger, he is on his own pinned down on the bridge by skelebots you can help him out... Good luck and Rock out.”

Indeed as the bright lights of the mine field at the entrance to the bridge subside you find the CS troops are completly our of position to do anything but wave as the Zone takes the bridge!
Player Direction:
  • Unshake normally, and if you are shaken as you move into the below steps you are at -2.
Step 2: Its always Complicated! Do to the massive amount missile fire, and heavy laser shots the vehicle has to make some timely maneuvers.
  • Active Participants(Drivers, pilots, runners): Make a maneuvering Trait Roll(Piloting, driving, agility): Fail and you either take a level of fatigue from bumps or brusies if running, or consult the out of control table(use out of control if piloting or driving)
  • Passengers: Make an agility check or suffer a level of fatigue from a bump or bruise.
Step 3: Its time for Action: Each of the below takes an action and informs you on what you can do.
  • Attacking your target: Jitter’s got you guys into great position. This is a target rich environment and you can attack with no penalties (Other than unstable platform or autofire, or MAP imposed) you can even make a melee attack if you like. Jitters— 15 Skelebots Parry 6 toughness 11(4) they are arranged nice and clumped together. Cantrell—Dogboy PA, Parry: 7, Toughness 20(10) and a CS Jeep with a heavy ion cannon “Betty 1” Toughness 14(4). Jude—- Spec force Jaggers Parry 6 Toughness 16(8)
  • Those attacked can always strike back( Not in this case as the bad guys crit failed and you are the ones striking).
    • Reducing Penalties: Any ability a character has that reduces penalties to hit may be used to reduce any to hit penalty as it representes a general combination of range, cover, illumination, hit location penalties.
  • Drama Strikes: There does seem to be some Black Market operatives that need to be saved.
Step 4: Phase 2 Narration: Players narrate your action in-conjunction with the scene the GM set forth for you.
Max
All the jumping and jiving is pretty impressive. Should the blackmarket operatives get saved they might even have a new nickname for Nadine: Two Step... Those operatives seemed pinned down near the entrance of the bridge. Their own vehicle scragged and providing inadequate cover. It seemed just a matter of time before the skelebots get them. Same frequency but a decidedly female robotic voice comes over the channel. It sounds frightened and vaguely familiar. The sounds of skelebots and gun fire are in the background... ” Hello? Max is that you? God I hope it is you... Boss Mikey Danger is down, still breathing but we need help. It’s me Max its C—.“ The radio goes dead...
Not to be forgotton the rail gun operative takes a wild shot at Nadine, hoping beyond hope he gets lucky and puts the hurt on her. Luckly none of the super sonic rail rounds impact Nadine, however several of the rounds make the ground rocky and unstable. One wrong step and two toes is going out of control.
The gunner voice crackles on Max’s headset, ” Watch your step there Pilot, you got the fancy moves but I got the big gun!”. If Max maintains control of Nadine you might have half a chance to really show this CS gunner who has the big gun.
Step 2: Its always Complicated! Do to the massive amount of divots...
  • Attacking your target: Sadly you did not get into a very good position, but fortunately your target attacked you! See Those that get Attacked can Strike Back!
  • Those attacked can always strike back: This option is available if you got attacked and survived. It is a blind attack (-4 Penalty) and is really only a good option if your card draw was high as it also takes your scene penalty into account. In this particular instance since Max was already in an impossible position (-4), when combined with attacking blind (-4) he is at a -8 to strike back.
    • Reducing Penalties: Any ability a character has that reduces penalties to hit may be used to reduce any to hit penalty as it representes a general combination of range, cover, illumination, hit location penalties.
OOC Comments
Shooting heavy railgun (Grunt, with rock and roll, steady hands) [dice]37004:13[/dice], [dice]37004:14[/dice], [dice]37004:15[/dice]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Raise to avoid going Out of Control, Damage 14 to a Skelebot; Dramatic Task gets a Raise
Step 1: Not Shaken
Step 2: Rolling Piloting (-2 Unskilled, +1 Handling, +2 Machine Maestro)
Piloting [dice]0[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Piloting [dice]1[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]2[/dice]

Step 3:
Three actions; tail means MAP -2

First action:
Draw Water Rifle (counts as Action for MAP)

Attacking the Skelebots (firing the Water Gun out the window of the Flyer)
3RB +2, Machine Maestro Combat +2, MAP -2
Shooting [dice]4[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]8[/dice]
Wild Shooting [dice]5[/dice]
Forgot +2 Shooting from TW Mods on Gun
Raise Damage [dice]11[/dice]

Second action: Laying down a small unit of Clockwork Bots to cover the retreat of the Black Marketeers.
MAP -2; Edges and Staff +5
Techno-Wizardry [dice]6[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]7[/dice]
Benny to Reroll:
TW [dice]9[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]10[/dice]

Raise = 2 successes for Dramatic Task
13 PPE spent
What you are doing in my tail..., Lib explains mentally, ...is flying the plane for a moment while I try to get us some allies--we need to keep it steady as we pass over the Corkscrew Scrotum troops below, and I'm angling for a massive favor in the near future.. As for how you got there, not sure yet. Let's live through this, and we'll figure it out, maybe see if we can get you back out and in one piece, okay?

Over the radio, he chuckles. "I dunno, man, our while is worth a pretty penny.... Eh, I'll let you figure out a fair price, Big Boss Mikey; I know you're good for it." Turning to Fling, he grins, eyes dancing behind the thick goggles. "You might wanna grab onto something, Old School!"

He smiled to himself as he starts to dip the Flyer down. He knew the name Mikey Danger, alright. One time, the Boss had lost a bar bet to Nicky the Grifter--50K credits, that he didn't have on him at the time. Before Mikey could repay the debt, two things happened. First, he discovered that Nicky had been having an affair with his then-wife. Then Nicky got captured by a True Federation of Magic Necromancer who wanted to use his tongue in a ritual. Mikey attacked the fortress of the Necromancer, fought his way through hordes of undead, several apprentices and three Murder Wraiths. He got to the dungeon where Nicky was locked up, tossed him a credstick with fifty thousand credits on it, then turned around and walked out, leaving Nicky there to rot. He always pays his debts--good or bad.

Lib takes the Flyer very, very low over the Skelebots, trusting that they're programmed to not include themselves in the blast area. As he does so, he grabs his Water Rifle and, banking sharply to one side until the wings are almost perpendicular to the ground, lets loose with a burst of ionized water atoms out the window cutting a Skelebot in half. Then his tail presses the button on the Puzzle Box, and a troop of half a dozen Clockwork Soldiers appear in a line positioned to both provide cover for the Black Marketeers and lay down suppressive fire against the pursuing CS troops.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Fancy Moves - +3 successes to Dramatic Task
Piloting check 1 to maintain control
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]1[/dice]

Shooting check 1 at Big Gun - -4 position, -4 blind, +2 RA targeting offsets = -6
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Shooting
[dice]3[/dice]

Piloting to save black market appraisers; -2 scene, +2 Ace, net zero
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]5[/dice]

Ace WD Piloting with prior
[dice]6[/dice]

Benny EE Piloting with Elan and prior
[dice]7[/dice]
Max scoffs over the loudspeaker. "Big guns? I bet you don't have the guts to say that when I'm not beating a courageous and tactical retreat!" He does his best to angle some kind of blast backwards, but even with Nadine's sensors pegging the grunt's position exactly, her armament won't go that way without a full stop and about-face. The blast flies wide. "At least you can't touch this!" he shouts as the grunt's big gun misses his mark.

He balks at the radio. "Mikey Danger? That you? You lowdown sonofa...I haven't seen you since we knocked off that CS kill squad!"

Max flashes back to a time where he, on Danger's orders, and with the man himself in attendance, personally scragged an entire CS convoy loaded with TW goodies they'd plundered from Tolkeen. Danger stood there like a maniac, wearing a full on, unarmored, 3 piece suit, and popping off with a rocket launcher. Mikey Danger actually brought down the whole SAMAS wing before they could reach Nadine to mount a counter-attack. That was one of the last jobs Max pulled to pay off Nadine. Danger was MORE than generous with the pay, too. If these CS bastards want Mikey Danger, they'll have to go through Nadine's smoking wreckage to get him.

Before Max can finish, a familiar, if distorted, voice comes up on the radio. Max's eyes go wide. "Wha...Carol? Hang on! I've got you both! STAY WITH ME!" Max angles Nadine straight for the gap made by both Jude and Libertas. He takes up a position on the bridge, blocking at least a hundred laser blasts from finding their mark. In a single swoop and without breaking stride, Nadine's hands reach down, snatching the Black Market boss and...Carol?!...in her hands. "I got you both! Carol! What's with the cyber?! Are you okay?!"
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 13
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

“Mikey Danger is out there?” Jude said with surprise. “I’ve heard some stories about him. I heard he got captured by three Altara Warrior Women. They decided to have some fun with him. He wore them out, and ended up recruiting them for the Black Market. I met them in Merctown. Mindy, Cindy, and Lindy. Identical triplets. Damn, that was quite the night…” Jude drifted off into memory.

He was shaken back to reality as Jitters bounced the Zone Ranger over every pothole he could find.
Agility 5
Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
“Hey, we don’t have to hit every pothole!” Jude yelled to Jitters.

Jude returned to his rifle, finding Jagger with his laser painter. He had to knock that guy out of commission. He noticed the Black Marketeers in trouble, too.

“Damn it. Couldn’t be easy, could it?” he muttered.

At least Jitters had lined up Jagger perfectly.
Shooting 10 Raise
-2 MAP, +2 armor targeting enhancement, +2 ion setting, +2 Marksman, Unstable Platform negated
Shooting [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Extra Effort: [dice]7[/dice]
Damage with raise 35; 4 Wounds
[dice]8[/dice]
Aces [dice]9[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Jude’s shot caught Jagger full in the face, turning his torso and head into a bloody mist as the energized particles stripped away armor, flesh, and bone.

Quickly swiveling, Jude laid down some cover fire for the Black Marketeers.
Shooting 23; 5 Successes
Dramatic Task difficulty -2, +2 armor targeting enhancement, +2 ion setting, +2 Marksman
Shooting [dice]11[/dice]
Wild [dice]12[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]13[/dice]
Ace [dice]14[/dice]
Jude’s street sweeper took out the skelebots, leaving nothing but junk and open skies for the Black Marketeers to escape.

Conditions
Rifle Ammo: 49 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Bennies: 11/6
Adventure Cards:
  • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
  • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Stop by Whykin on the way to make a delivery for Black Market Carol. Our orders were to avoid Whykin.
Character Tracker
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 13
[dice]0[/dice] Ace!
Notice Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]
Common Knowledge 8
[dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]13[/dice]
Smarts 14
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]8[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]14[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]18[/dice]
Driving 9 to plow over the Skelebots Damage 40, 20 to everyone in the Zone Ranger or 10 if they are buckled up like me
[dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]11[/dice]
-1 Benny Re-roll
Driving [dice]15[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]16[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]17[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]19[/dice]
Damage [dice]30[/dice]
Damage Ace [dice]32[/dice]
Psionics to cast Greater Smite on my Grenade Launcher 18
[dice]20[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]21[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]22[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]23[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]24[/dice]
Trapping Electricity
Shooting 6 Damage 36 Plasma and Electricity to Betty One
[dice]25[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]26[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]27[/dice]
-2 for Possible Unstable Platform
Damage [dice]28[/dice]
Damage Ace [dice]29[/dice]
+8 Electricity damage
Everything Burns [dice]31[/dice]
Jitters makes the rear wheels on the Zone Ranger slide like it was the General Lee on the Dukes of Hazard as the CS was so kind to test Jitters reflexes and abilities. He shouts back to Jude saying in a very posh British accent "If you would kindly notice, but these 'potholes', as you call them, are appearing right before my very eyes, with the assistance you your good chap on the radio might I add." Seeing the Jeep marked Betty One, he shouts up to Cantrell saying "I think it's time we gave them some 'Shock and Awe', don't you agree?" as he writes Awe and a cute little kitten on the barrel of his WI-GL20 Automatic Grenade Launcher, and as he does so he also psionically infuses it with his inborn and innate affinity to Electricity. He fires the plasma grenade at Betty One and watches it explode before putting his eyes back on the road and running over as many of the Skelebots and other CS Forces on the bridge as he can.

Skelebots Hit: [dice]33[/dice]
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

No bumps or bruises
Agility vs. bumps and bruises [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Shooting the Shit
Gonna take a -2 MAP to do Kn: Computers to trace Betty-2's position, then auto-fire with the Twin-Linked Med. Railguns, spreading shots between Andre (the DB in PA), Betty-1 and Betty-2.

Kn: Electronics [dice]2[/dice] = Success
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]

Shooting is 1d12+4 base, +2 from my armor, -2 for MAP and -2 for autofire. So 1d12+2.
1st Shot: [dice]4[/dice] = Success with a raise vs. Andre
2nd Shot: [dice]5[/dice] = Success vs. Betty-1
3rd Shot: [dice]6[/dice] = Success vs. Betty-2
Wild: [dice]7[/dice]

Damage vs. Andre: [dice]8[/dice] + [dice]9[/dice] = 22 damage AP 14 = Benny to reroll damage [dice]14[/dice] + [dice]15[/dice] = Nice, Ace! [dice]16[/dice] = 35 damage, AP 14 = 6 Wounds to Andre
Damage vs. Betty-1: [dice]10[/dice] = Ace! [dice]12[/dice] = 28 damage AP 14 = 4 Wounds vs. Betty-1
Damage vs. Betty-2: [dice]11[/dice] = 21; Benny to reroll damage [dice]13[/dice] = 26 damage AP 14 = 4 Wounds vs. Betty-2
Two Bennies spent; 6 wounds to Andre the power-armored Dog Boy; 4 wounds each to Betty-1 and Betty-2.

Sorry about this, Andre, I'm sure going to miss your gumbo, Cantrell says as the Zone Ranger barrels along, smashing skelebots while the radio chatters and the minefield goes up in a blaze of light.

It doesn't matter for her. With the cybernetic targeting enhancements in her head and armor, everything moves in slow-motion; as the first railgun rounds tear into Andre, ripping the Dog Boy and his power armor limb from limb, Cantrell is already plotting shot trajectories for the following burst that cuts Betty-1 neatly in half.

At the same time, the skillchip at the back of her skull is running frequency diagnostics, trying to trace Llyboc. Before she gets those results, she IDs a second Betty and tracks the railgun turret that way, bursts of hyper-accelerated tungsten making a mess of the engine block and the soldiers behind.

For a moment, she considers climbing out of the turret to blow the smoke from the barrels like a New West gunslinger, but the cyber in her head is already ticking forward, plotting trajectories and cataloguing future targets.

<<I don't think your doggies like the kind of fetch I play, Llyboc. Why don't you come on out and we can settle this 'treason' business like a couple of professionals>> she says, still scanning for the shit-eating weasel.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Appalachian Mountain Range

Conditions: Visibility is poor, -2 to ranged attacks, notice, and maneuvering rolls.
Time: 2 hours have elapsed
Good Bye Big Boss Mikey Danger
Having been rescued from the CS Big Boss Mikey nods to the Heroes. He is dressed pretty nice and slightly on the heavy side. He has a sweet diamond encrusted watch that says Rolex... " I always pay my debts... George says you are headed to Xenith... Fine by me. You got the way points and we will make sure they stop following you after the 4th. Word's truth. After that, you'll get a chance to enjoy the hospitality of our little outfit." He clearly emphasizes chance. A Rift pops open and a man clad in black with no face steps out. Big Boss Mikey gathers the two other Marketeers, and two "Pleasure Bots" Betty Six and sadly Carol...
Speaking of Carol she does not say much to Max, other than a sad Thank you. Clearly something happened to her and unfortunately with the CS hot on your tails now is just not the time to catch up.
Big Boss Mikey tips his hat shaking each heroes hand and then they portal out via a rift.
Jitters
Hi Jitters, its your tail!! Look at this watch I have! Yup, looks like your tail has Big Boss Mikey's watch... Is this a good thing?
Libertas
Shark Lady Viggo, Something drew me into a world where shadow lies, a world with a heavy darkness and one power. I must have escaped into an empty vessel using... What happened to my body, my power??
Cantrell
The growling voice of Butcher seethes over your comm," So Top Dog..." The dog laughs, " I got a fusion for each of your pretty little eyes. Did I ever tell you I used to watch them closely and wondered what they would taste like? I am chewing on a cyber one from that horse Bitch right now... Guess what... I got a plan to make her suffering just about as bad as yours. You see up the way in those little mountain side homes, I got what's left of her still breathing and hog tied... I also got a few friends in the enforcers that are going to blast those homes as you get near... Either way I am the new top dog... Oh, Tell Jude I like his sister's eyes!" The Dog boy laughs as he closes the last few meters to get into position to waste Jude's sister.
Jude
Nicole's voice comes over the comms scared shitless but putting on brave front, " Hey Jude, don't worry I am just going to miss a bit... Llyboc might chew me out, and maybe I get busted a rank... Well you know these prototype weapons are fussy. Just remember, the wedding is in a month. I can't wait until you meet Jack, he is a great man Jude, reminds me of you... I am not sure what to do about Butcher, he is a mean dog with a bone to chew with your friend Cantrell... Maybe I can throw his aim off--"
Max
George's voice comes on, " Hey there buddy, looks like you are almost home. I was thinking about those mountain homes you'll pass by, they are where the executives of the Hyperion company live and lets just say if they were to be delivered to our hands we might be appreciative... Very appreciative. I mean if my scopes are right it looks like those Enforcers are going to be launching missile strikes on the chasm so... I assume you guys are still heroes ya know.
After Leaving the CS in the dust, its easy work to find way point two, and three. The Samas' are no where to be seen in the thick fog permeating the mountain range. George's sweet monkey voice comes on as Nadine, the TK flyer, and Zone Ranger near the last way-point. " Hey there, visibility is non existent, it looks like pea soup out there. Our scopes are picking up a ton of encrypted chatter. Looks like the Samas squadron and a Spider Skull walker are trying to head you off. I know the road is rough and the chasm you are heading into is tight on one side and a steep drop off on the other... Just barely enough room for Nadine and the Zone side by side, you guys must have ape-sized balls... Just hold the course and go straight through, keep the flyer low or you will hit the top of our secret entrance. But just keep in mind its going to be tough on them too! We got a little surprise for them on the other side. Oh... Big Boss Mikey says thank you, not bad to have the Boss in your corner when you get here. Max, I am sorry about what they did to C---" The transmission squelches out as the CS breaks through the fog blindly opening fire on the Zone, Nadine, and TK flyer.

Lyyboc's furious snide voice comes on and truth be told he sounds a bit unhinged " You have killed a lot of good men today... Despite my superiors warnings I have braved this range to put an end to you... I will follow you unending and without mercy to the ends of the abyss. Not to kill, but to bring you all to justice! You might think you are heroes, but you are mavericks every last one... The squadron of SAMAS I have baring down on you are good, really good. I also have a special treat for you Jude, if you look to your left... Oh halfway up the cliff-face you should see your sister with a man-pack rail-gun, special issue an early wedding gift. Behind her is the top dog boy Butcher getting into position with a fusion launcher ready to end her... You don't even have to surrender, you just have to beat us." Its really hard to see what is what in the fog, but you can make out a SAMAS readying a small boom gun type weapon, and behind her is a super trooper PA about to get the drop on her with a rocket launcher.

Llyboc comes back on, " Best part is I already gave the order to go dark... Time for someone to say goodbye." The radio squelches off and anyone with any kind of kn electronics knows the CS Spider Skull walker is emitting an intense jamming field. Flying this way and that way the 24 Samas are trying to bombard the group with rail gun fire forcing them off the edge of the cliff or drive the TK flyer into it. The Spider Skull walker clambers along the mountain side its spider like legs well positioned to take the steep angle of the cliff and looks to be trying to block the entrance to the black market base. Possibly complicating things it looks like some folks might even be living in mountain side villas, but the fog is so thick your eyes are probably playing tricks on you... Right???. Here's hoping they do not get hit in the crossfire. It looks like the race is on!
Images to help set the mood
Mountain Entrance.jpg
Mountain Entrance.jpg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 16757 times
Misty Mountains.jpg

Round two of the Chase.
(Active Participant)Maneuvering trait rolls:
  • Zone Ranger: +4-2=+2
    TK Flyer:+4-2=+2
    Nadine: -2=-2
(Passenger)Notice Rolls or cooperative driving or piloting rolls:
  • Made at -2 to poor visibility
Hey Guys so these are the rules I used for the chase last round. As this is more of a group type of scene rather than splitting everyone into their own OCC, just read through the below and pick which one you are doing. Above I broke down the maneuvering rolls and passenger rolls factoring speed, climb and visibility.
  • Phase 1: Hot Pursuit (Preparation)!This represents the initial jockeying for position for what could be minutes or hours depending on the type of chase.
    What is your character going to do?. Are you an active participant(Driver, runner, Flyer) or passenger, can you help the driver or prepare for an attack? If everyone is on foot or all characters our in their own vehicles they are all active participants.
    • The Active Participant: You are going to make a maneuvering trait roll using the appropriate skill to your vehicle or terrain ( agility if on foot or flying under your own power). For every success and raise you get you receive 1 card draw in the next phase during the Dramatic Action. It is important to try and receive multiple cards because you definitely want to draw higher than the thing you are chasing or being chased by( This is called advantage, and you need advantage to attack during the chase)! Somethings will automatically help or hinder your efforts.
      • Speed: Depending on how fast you can go compared to the thing chasing or you are after you may add +2 if your top speed is just generally higher, or +4 if twice as fast.
      • Climb: If your aircraft has a better climb than his opponent: +2 to the maneuvering trait roll
      • Sometimes terrain or things flying through get in the way and make life difficult for every one in the chase. GM may asses a -2 or -4 penalty.
      • Players option: Stunting. You either make yourself harder to hit or give your passengers a cleaner shot. The active participant may make their maneuvering trait roll at a -2 and chose 1 of the 2 below benefits gained on the Dramatic Action Phase:
        • Defense: The TN to hit you or your vehicle is increased by 2(and 2pts of armor vs area attacks)
        • Offense: You give all passengers a +2 bonus to hit.
    • Passenger: You can help your driver or get a weapon ready to bear on any possible target that reveals itself.
      • Helping the person driving or piloting: You can make a co-operative roll to give a small bonus to your driver. Every success and raise achieved adds +1 to your drivers roll. The maximum bonus from any and all co-op rolls a driver can receive is a total of +4.
      • Ready a weapon (Could be a personal weapon, spell, or vehicle weapon if one is available): You concentrate on scouring the vicinity making sure the weapon you bear has the best possible chance of targeting an enemy. Make a notice check. GM may assign penalties due to lighting, cover, and terrain. You gain the cumulative bonuses down below:
        • Raise: You bring your weapon to bear in that split second you and the thing chasing you are closest. If you have advantage ( or your driver does), treat the range increment one less than it is. Not in range is treated as long range. Short or Melee range does not gain an additional benefit.
    • Phase 1 Narration: Based on your roll and role narrate what this all looks like in conjunction with the chase scene your GM describes. After all players roll and narrate it is time to head to the Dramatic Action Phase (Deal out cards) and see who has advantage over whom and what actions may be done...
[/list]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 10
[dice]0[/dice] Ace!
Notice Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]13[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]
-2 due to Scene penalties
Common Knowledge 2
[dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts 13
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]8[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]14[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]15[/dice]
Driving 5
[dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]11[/dice]
+2 Scene Bonus
-2 Defensive Driving
-1 Benny Re-Roll
Driving [dice]16[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]17[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]18[/dice]
-1 Benny Re-Roll
Driving [dice]19[/dice] Ace!
Driving Ace [dice]22[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]20[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]21[/dice]
As the fog thickens, Jitters turns the the high beams on and is only able to manage miss hitting things by the grace of his heightened reflexes.
"Wow, it sure seems like the air it self is as clear as mud, wouldn't you guys agree?" He says.
Last edited by Jitters on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Nadine's New Moves - Stunt adding Defense next round
Piloting: -2 for scene, -2 for stunting, +2 for Ace = net -2
[dice]0[/dice]

Benny EE with Elan and prior
[dice]2[/dice]

Ace with prior
[dice]3[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]1[/dice]
Nadine pauses long enough to let Mikey Danger and Carol go free. "Keep your head down, Mikey. Good to see you. Carol...uh...take care of yourselves." The dog boy is at a loss, seeing his friend in such a condition. What the hell happened there?!

Before too long, they're back on the move, trying to get to the next waypoint. George pipes in with some inside info. Max acknowledges. "Sure thing, George. I'll see what I can do." Max and Nadine resume their defensive shimmy moving up the path, shaking off incoming fire and preparing to launch another counter-attack. Lyboc has it out for Jude. This kid is off his meds or something, though. Ignoring warnings from superior officers? Orchestrating friendly fire as a personal vendetta? Something's not right.
Max hits the radio to Cantrell. "Top Dog, this smells terrible. What's up with this guy? He's taking some kind of personal grudge against Jude out on his sister. Sounds like he's arranging 'friendly fire.' This guy's got rabies or something. His father was with us at Gloom. There's no way Colonel Lyboc would stand for this. Should I say something to throw him off or try to talk him down?"
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

“Nici!” Jude exclaimed, finally in contact with his sister. “Look, do what you have to. You know Dad’s maxim. CYOA. Cover your own ass. Let us worry about this Butcher. We’ve handled worse. Which unit are you in? Can you give me a signal? I want to make sure we don’t shoot at you. I...I look forward to the wedding...”

Jude cursed himself. How was he going to tell Nici about Jack?
Readying a Weapon 10; Raise: treat range increment as one less
Visibility -2
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Benny to reroll
+2 Elan
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Jude scanned the mountains above as Lyboc spoke. He cursed as he spotted the SAMAS on the mountain that was obviously Nici, and the Supertrooper power armor that was readying to pounce above her. Jude flipped the switch on his rifle so he could punch through that armor.

“Damn it, Jitters! C’mon!” Jude urged the driver as he lined up his shot.
OOC Comments
Oh, damn! Can someone bump up Jitter’s Driving! I need advantage in the chase to take this shot!
Conditions
Bennies: 10/6
Adventure Cards:
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

WIP
MM: +4, Unskilled -2, Handling +1, -2 Offensive Stunt: Total +1
Piloting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Piloting [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort Benny: [dice]2[/dice]
Honestly, Lady V., I don't know how you got in there, right at the moment. It was probably a Hail Mary play to avoid being sucked in by that giant flaming eyeball. You probably acted on instinct. I know you got purified by the light before that--maybe that made it possible for you to escape.

Lib scowls at the radio chatter. Using Jude's sister like that.... Right. He shouts back over his shoulder to Flint. "Okay, Old School! I'm gonna get you a perfect shot, you just be ready to take it!"

Banking the plane and gunning the engine, he starts to fly along the cliff-face, getting the P-Beam Cannon into perfect alignment with the Super Trooper--which Flint immediately makes every effort to take advantage of.
Flint
Notice [dice]3[/dice]

Flint nods gives a small nod as the Super Trooper falls right into his sights. Sure, it's not the same as using his own lightning, but his senses are sharp enough to know the precise moment to fire. "You just keep it steady and don't worry about me, Pup."
Wild Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Spend a Flint-Benny on Extra Effort [dice]5[/dice]

Double-raise: Flint can make an attack even if Lib fails to get the Advantage on the card draws. In addition, Medium Range or higher is treated as one Range increment less, and Flint can ignore the Unstable Platform penalty, as if he had Steady Hands.
"You just mind the wheel, and keep us steady, Pup! I got this!" Sure, the P-Beam Cannon is nowhere near as elegant as his own lightning, but he's sharp-eyed enough to time the shot perfectly, when the opportunity comes.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Rolls
Intent: Cantrell is going to take a MAP to 1) Use Notice to ready the railguns; and 2) Use Kn: Computers to route sensory information from her armor to the Zone Ranger's HUD, giving Jitters additional navigational and sensory data that will (hopefully) grant a Piloting bonus

Notice is normally d8+2, -2 for the scene penalty
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice] = Ace! [dice]4[/dice] + Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]5[/dice] = Success + 3 Raises, will be able to shoot even without advantage

Kn: Computers is normally 1d12, -2 for the scene penalty
Notice [dice]2[/dice] + Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]6[/dice] = Success and a raise, +2 to Jitters roll
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
<<Fusion blocks to take out my eyes? Seems like overkill, Butcher, but you never could shoot for shit. But me? I've just gotten better, and guess what? I see you>> Cantrell taunts back as she lines up a shot on the rapid Dog Boy.

At the same time, she patches the data feed from her suit's sensors into the sensor suite of the Zone Ranger, feeding everything she can see in her own HUD to Jitters via the view screens in the cockpit. For another driver, the information overload might be a distraction, but she's hoping the Crazy's hyperactive mind can make use of the extra data ...

Cantrell has a double (actually triple) raise on Notice to line up targets, and grants Jitters a +2 to his driving roll.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Phase 2
Conditions, the cloud cover makes it pretty murky, -2 to ranged attacks and -2 to notice checks.
All players receive a benny from the joker draw!
Survive this and you are home free.
Card Draw
Samas Pilots: [dice]37784:0[/dice] wild [dice]37784:1[/dice] EF [dice]37784:4[/dice] ace [dice]37784:5[/dice]: 3 cards: [dice]37784:6[/dice]: Joker exchanged for jack of spades
Libertas: [dice]37784:2[/dice] Ace of Diamonds
Max: [dice]37784:3[/dice] 9 of Hearts
Jitters [dice]37784:7[/dice] [dice]37784:8[/dice] reroll [dice]37784:9[/dice] reroll [dice]37784:10[/dice] jack of spades exchanged for the joker
Rise and fall of the Samas

The flying machine of death swoop in fast and furious and then disapear off your scopes and from sight. There is a moment when everything just goes quiet as the 13th flys, dances, and drives past the ornate mountain homes towards the entrance to the black market base. Folks stand or cower on the balconies of these five homes waving at the 13th as they approach thinking the mighty heroes have driven off the CS. The fifth home is a bit different that the rest, it looks like some kind of robotic horse woman is lying on the balcony tied to a bomb. With that exception the men, women, and families of the Hyperion corporation have absolutely no idea of the terror that is about to be unleashed.

A lone voice echoes across the misty mountains laughing in arrogance. Captain Lyboc’s voice. Five long range missiles slamn into the mountains above the folks waving at their favorite rock band ( Yup some folks have Dries Marbles Left Tees). As the firey rock slides into their homes you have to wonder what kind of sadistic madman is at the helm of these CS troops. To make matters worse the rock, and explosions make it terribly complicated for anyone trying to make it to the entrance of Xenith base. Shards, boulders, flaming explosions knock craft after craft threatening to ground them horribly into the mountain side or push them off the narrow path. Lasers and missiles spew forth from Lyyboc’s spider skull walker which has taken up defensive position in front of the Xenith base entrance.

Over the radio the 13th hear Lyyboc’s voice, ” You mentioned my father like you knew him. He is a madman compared to me... Perhaps more pragmatic in dealing with the devil. The end of the earth draws close for you as my angel’s of hell take their splendid ride... Jude, I’ll be sure to let me sister see you one last time before you get strung up... Now!!” At his command the Samas’ break cloud cover and angle in on the 13th in three distinct groups of 8. The first 8 swarm arround the flyer preparing to let loose with a hail of rail gun fire. Flint raises an eye as the impending death wakes him up from his old man slumber. He whispers, ” Fuuuuck...”

The next 8 move into the Zone ranger getting ready to open fire with rail gun fire and smoke grendes, but it is just a timely feint to let three Samas land on top of the Zone. The last of Cantrell’s former dog boy pack. You can hear the three dog boy PA’s loud speakers overlapping each other as they complete each other’s sentences. ” Comining in Hot.. hot hot hot! Time to smash and stash, you heard the Captain my brothers. Pull out Cantrell and Jude... Everyone else dies.”
” Woa... Woa did he say that, I guess he kinda did huh?” Giant chain swords thrum and hum as the PA’s jump jets help the dogboys close the distance. ” I got the Dakka guns, you two take out the windsheild!”

An explosion occurs right where Butcher and Nici were located. Nici’s shot claps thunder and goes wide then her Samas is blown to bits by a fusion rocket. Butcher’s voice laughs over his PA, ” One Maverick down!”. Butcher laughs and howls very pleased with himself. He taps his communicator and hold up a horseman’s cyber leg for all to see. Over the comms you all hear, ” One last missile for that horse bitch that helped you leave us Cantrell... I hope her face plagues your dreams! Haha, Jude look at your sister fall. I was half looking forward to the wedding.”

Jude’s sister, Nici’s was exploded out of her PA forcefully through the air and is now plumetimg down the mountain. As luck would have it her trajectory will take her close, within arms reach of the Zooming Zone ranger. Her desperate cry reveals she is very much alive,”Jude!!!!!!” Butcher waves at her as she tumbles to her could be death and aims his next rocket at the Zone.

The last 8 Samas swirl arround Nadine using their ariel maneuverability to keep the big Titan occupied. They swirl and twirl in an elegant dance of distracting death. Max realizes the Spider Skull walker has a bead on him if someone does not take it out first. Perhaps adding insult to injury the gunner pops on the Comms, ” So your Max huh? They call me Titan Killer, 6 Titan kills under my belt. Looking forward to number seven. No hard feelings I hope.”

What happens next is only spoken around campfires in hushed whispers as a legend and myth. Black market scouts keeping an eye on the chase are sworn to secrecy. The CS classifies the action top secret and redacts the commanding officers report. Rumors of a crazy and a Zone ranger spread like wildfire over the lands of Arkansas and Missouri. The end outcome has the CS Samas instead of being in a superior position removed to a moderate disatvantage. Llyboc himself punctuates the inevitable fubar the CS experinces, ” What the frack? Whose is driving that rocket sled on rails!? Some kind of suicide jockey?”
Jitters played his joker stealin adventure card
Jitters please include in your narative the story of how you turned what could only be a tricky situation and possibly death from above by 24 Samas to something advantageous. What was the maneuver you pulled off that saved the day for your fellow comrades. The flyer was about to take 7 wounds!
Libertas Tail Time
the shark voice speaks up in your head, Libertas, I caught something comimg at us. Indeed she did, a Manpack railgun. It looks like it is blown half to hell, and has one shot left before it completely falls apart.
Enemy stats
Samas- Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (10)
Butcher Wild Card: 19(10)
Spiderskull walker: Size 8, toughness 35(16)- Llyboc is in command of it and has natural leader and is a wild card. You better believe the driver has ace and elan.

Player directions: Consult the direction map below. Instead of diving in to give each character a special occ I left everything in the shared narative. It will be on the player and their dice results to describe the always complicated roll and feel free to explore any NPC’s saved from the mountain homes.

Player Directions:
Step 1: Are you shaken? I do not think anyone is.
Step 2: Its always Complicated! Do to the long range balstic missiles exploding all around AND part of the mountain sliding down upon you...
Step 3: Its time for Action: Each of the below takes an action and informs you on what you can do. The scene penalty and set up is below for each of the vehicles. The out of position penalty really only affects attack options.
    • Zone Ranger with the Joker(Jitters, Jude, Cantrell) All get +2 to trait rolls and damage. No scene penalty for being out of position. And anyone attacking you must use the strike back action. Defensive Driving -2 to be hit.
    • TK Flyer with Ace (Libertas, Flint) No scene penalty for being out of position. And anyone attacking you must use the strike back action. Offensive driving +2 to hit.
    • Max and Nadine. Nine ( super sad ). You are severly out of position -4 and can only use the strike back action another -4 for firing blind as the Samas and their allies go before you. Defensive two step -2 to be hit.
  • Attacking your target: Your position is listed above by vehicle. Use that scene penalty if so desired. Please keep in mind the overall misty mountain cloud cover penalty of -2 for ranged attacks. If on a vehicle you would take a -2 to hit from the unstable platform penalty.
    • Reducing Penalties: Any ability a character has that reduces penalties to hit maybe used to reduce any to hit penalty as it represents a general combination of range, cover, illumination, hit location penalties.
  • Get Creative: You can also do something else not listed here. One such possibility is to make an Agility roll at -2 to save Nici. This would be subject to the unstable platform if applicable.
  • Those attacked can always strike back(this applies to any enemies you attack and Max/Nadine... it is a blind attack at -4 penalty added to your positional penalty).
  • Drama Strikes: There does seem to be some folks in some nearby mountain homes that need to be saved from long range missiles and a rock slide.
Ignore
Samas vs Flyer: PA systems off set the cloud cover. Railgun auto fire, rock and roll only applies if you do not move.
Piloting roll [dice]37784:16[/dice] wild [dice]37784:17[/dice]
[dice]37784:11[/dice] [dice]37784:12[/dice] [dice]37784:13[/dice] wild [dice]37784:14[/dice] ace [dice]37784:15[/dice]
  • Damage 1: [dice]37784:18[/dice] plus [dice]37784:19[/dice] AP10
  • Damage 2: [dice]37784:20[/dice] plus [dice]37784:21[/dice] AP10
  • Damage 3: [dice]37784:22[/dice] plus [dice]37784:23[/dice] AP10
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max
Piloting
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]1[/dice]

Shooting

WD Shooting
Max negotiates the robot armor further along the path. Damn! If only I could get a shot on these guys!
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Rolls
Taking multiple actions: Shooting full-auto at Spider Skull Walker, Butcher and 1 SAMAS (-2 for auto-fire, armor sensors offset visibility penalty, high Notice roll last round eliminates Unstable Platform, +2 for Joker); then popping the hatch (-2 MAP to all actions); then moving up and out with jet pack to go rescue the cyber-horse-woman (SAMAS get a melee attack as she moves past); then using Repair to defuse the bomb (another -2 MAP to all actions)

End result: Autofire shooting is at 1d12+6 base -4 for MAP, so 1d12+2, +2 damage; Repair roll is 1d12-4

Shooting Spider Skull Walker [dice]0[/dice] Forgot -2 from A Matter of Size, as well as the +1 to hit from the dual-linking of the railguns; total would be 7, so a Hit
Shooting Butcher [dice]1[/dice] Would be -2 for size, +1 for dual-linked gun, total 12 Hit with a Raise
Shooting nearest SAMAS [dice]2[/dice] -2 for size, +1 for dual-linked would be 3, a miss
Wild [dice]3[/dice] -2 for size, +1 for dual-linked would be 4, a Hit (used against the SAMAS)

Damage vs. Spider Skull Walker [dice]4[/dice] Using Adventure Card -- Payback: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack = 48 damage, AP 14 vs. SSW = 6 Wounds to the SSW.
Damage vs. Butcher [dice]5[/dice] = Ace! [dice]7[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice] = 31 damage, AP 14 vs. Butcher = 5 Wounds to Butcher
Damage vs. SAMAS [dice]6[/dice] = Ace! [dice]8[/dice] = Ace! [dice]9[/dice] = 49 damage, AP 14 vs SAMAS = 10 Wounds to the SAMAS
Benny to reroll damage vs. SSW [dice]11[/dice] = Not used

Movement allows the two remaining SAMAS by the door to make melee attacks against her. Parry is 9.

Repair to disarm the bomb:
Repair [dice]12[/dice] = Success!
Wild [dice]13[/dice]

EDIT: Forgot Agility check:
Agility [dice]14[/dice] = Success
Wild [dice]15[/dice]
Cantrell takes in the chaos as if in slow motion, her cybernetic systems tracking and analyzing each threat, prioritizing targets, running the calculations again as new data is presented. When she catches sight of Llyboc's Spider Skull Walker, up ahead, it all comes into focus.

<<Llyboc, you loud-mouthed Napolean, you should have kept your mouth shut>> she says. <<Now open wide and suck on this>>

She jams down the trigger of the railgun turret and doesn't let up, even as she swings it around to engage other foes. But she lets her gaze linger on the first burst as it travels unerringly toward the Coalition command vehicle.

Even her sensors have limits, but she imagines she sees the cloud of white-hot tungsten rounds smash plow right through Llyboc's smirking face after crashing through the eye-window of the walker, and from there through the vehicle's nuclear core, obliterating it in a tiny mushroom cloud. [Used Adventure Card to double damage. 48 damage, AP 14 is 6 Wounds to the SSW]

She savors the next sight even more, as the turret rolls in the direction of the traitorous Dog Boy Butcher, tearing through his SAMAS power armor and rendering him unto dog meat. [31 damage, AP 14 vs. Butcher = 5 Wounds]

His dying howl echoes over the radio, as she whispers to him: <<You were always my bitch, Butcher. Always.>>

The stream of railgun fire ends, taking out one of the trio of SAMAS soldiers assaulting the Zone Ranger. [49 damage, AP 14 vs SAMAS = 10 Wounds]

Ignoring the other two, Cantrell pops the hatch on the turret and blasts off with her jetpack, heading for Lyssandra, the cyber-centaur Butcher had been torturing. The SAMAS soldiers swipe at her but she pays no mind, her eyes on the bomb strapped to the battered horse-woman.

Skidding to a stop, she gets to work, micro-processors in her skillchip guiding her hands. In seconds, the bomb is defused, and she levers the mutilated cyber-centaur into her arms with enhanced strength.

"Long time no see, Lyssandra. Not the first time you've bled for me. I wish it was in better circumstances, but we'll get you patched up. Just hold on!"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5
Visibility -2, Joker +2
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Avoid Bumps and Bruises 14 2 Raises
Joker +2
Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Jude should have been buffeted around the interior of the Zone Ranger by all the jostling, but he had found a good place to wedge himself in.

And then he saw his sister’s SAMAS blow up.

“Nici!” Jude screamed. He saw her body falling. She was still alive!

Jude ran for the rear of the Zone Ranger. As he passed, he grabbed the cargo netting that was secured inside and kicked open the rear hatch. Then he leapt, trying to get himself or the netting beneath his sister to catch her.

“This is going to hurt…” Jude muttered. He really hoped his brand spanking new force field could handle this.

Jude caught Niki in the netting and hit the ground hard. His force field and armor absorbed most of the impact, though Jude cried out in agony as his shoulder popped as it was wrenched when the netting tightened and started dragging him and Nici out behind the Zone Ranger.
Saving Nici 21; 3 raises
-2 difficulty, Joker +2
Agility [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Benny to EE + Elan [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Try and halve damage 7
Joker +2
Agility [dice]10[/dice]
Wild [dice]11[/dice]
Half damage from speeding Zone Ranger 29; 3 Wounds
[dice]12[/dice]
Aces [dice]13[/dice]
Soak 12; soak 3 wounds
Joker +2
Vigor [dice]14[/dice]
Wild [dice]15[/dice]
Reroll with Elan
Vigor [dice]17[/dice]
Wild [dice]18[/dice]
Conditions
-1 Wound
Bennies: 8/6
Adventure Cards:

Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

2 Wounds to the Spider Skull walker
Some rolls: Natural Leader for Llyboc lets him share his bennies with his troops. 1 benny to pilot for a roll to soak, Pilot has Elan and ace: [dice]0[/dice] GM benny #7, [dice]1[/dice] GM benny#6 [dice]2[/dice] ace [dice]3[/dice]
So 2 wounds, Pilot must make a roll or go out of control [dice]4[/dice] Llyboc last benny for EF [dice]5[/dice]
Two spider legs are blasted off but the pilot maintains control. Llyboc’s frantic voice hits the comms hard, ”Hit that Titan with everything we got, then target the Zone Ranger!”
Butcher 4 wounds and a pile of dog meat
Butcher Soak a bit tougher than a normal dog, [dice]6[/dice] wild [dice]7[/dice] second benny for Butcher [dice]8[/dice] wild [dice]9[/dice] GM benny #5 [dice]10[/dice] wild [dice]11[/dice]
Butcher lines up his last shot ever only to find he is on the receiving end of a railgun sandwich.

The Samas does not survive cantrells onslaught either.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 5
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]
+2 From Joker
-2 From Scene
Common Knowledge 4
[dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts 7
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]8[/dice]
Driving 8
[dice]9[/dice] Ace!
Driving Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]11[/dice]
Expert Training Shooting Psionics 9
[dice]13[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]14[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]15[/dice]
+2 for Major Psionics Boost -4 ISP
+2 for Joker
-2 MAP
Disregard
[dice]16[/dice]
Shooting [dice]17[/dice]
Shooting [dice]18[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]19[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]20[/dice]
+2 for Joker
-2 for MAP
-2 for Scene
-1 Benny for Re-roll
Shooting [dice]21[/dice]
Shooting [dice]22[/dice]
Shooting [dice]23[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]24[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]25[/dice]
-1 Benny for Re-roll
Shooting [dice]26[/dice]
Shooting [dice]27[/dice]
Shooting [dice]28[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]29[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]30[/dice]

Damage [dice]31[/dice]
-1 Benny to Re-roll damage
Damage [dice]32[/dice]
Shooting 16 Damage 46 AP 25
[dice]33[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]34[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die [dice]35[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]36[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]37[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]38[/dice]
-1 Benny Extra Effort [dice]39[/dice] Ace!
Extra Effort Ace [dice]40[/dice]

Damage [dice]41[/dice]
With Deadshot applied = 46 AP 25
+2 for Joker
+2 for Psionic Boost
-2 for Scene
-4 for MAP
-2 for Snap Fire
The headlights of the Zone Ranger are a false beacon for the enemy units, it would appear, because even though it precisely highlights their exact position, it fails to show what obstacles are in the enemies way to get close enough to see the windshield and smash it. Meanwhile, behind the steering wheel, Jitters lets his tail do the driving while he readies the Black Betty launcher his tail had found not that long ago. He closes his eyes as he focuses on the weapon in his hands, feeling the sway of the Ranger as it bounced along and found it's natural rhythm. His eyes snap open just as he's passing a prime firing spot on the Spider Skull Walker and he squeezes the trigger. The missile flies towards its target, flame illuminating everything it passes as he sees the Ranger's turret firing first on the Skull Walker then on a ground pounder power armor and a SAMAS pilot. A bright flash flares as the missile makes contact, breaking the skin of the Skull Walker like it was paper mache, belching its explosive guts all over the inside of the doomed robot vehicle.

Jitters then wrenches the steering wheel all the way to one side, sending the vehicle into a slide, slowing it's speed as he passes the doomed homes, allowing one family to jump on while he grabs a hold of another.
Last edited by Jitters on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lots of rolls and such
Libertas (Combat Machine Maestro +2, Handling +1, Unskilled -2):
Piloting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Piloting [dice]1[/dice]

Actions: Puppet Lyboc, Tail fires railgun at a SAMAS to shake it off.

Techno-Wizardry Puppet [dice]2[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]3[/dice]
EE Benny [dice]6[/dice] ACE [dice]9[/dice]

Tailgun Shooting (Machine Maestro combat mundane +1, Offensive Flying +2) [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Shooting [dice]5[/dice]
5 after the -2 for murkiness; hits
Damage: [dice]11[/dice] AP 15 ACE [dice]12[/dice]

Order on Puppet will grant second Resistance roll, this is to set difficulty for that:
Maintain Control TW [dice]7[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]8[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]10[/dice]

1 Benny left

FLINT:
Shooting: Offensive Flying +2, Murkiness -2
Flint Shooting [dice]13[/dice]
Wild Shooting [dice]14[/dice]
Hit!
Damage: [dice]15[/dice] AP 4
Benny to reroll Damage [dice]16[/dice] AP 4
Shaken

Libertas deftly evades the missiles and falling debris as he skirts the cliff-face, heading on a near collision-course with the Super Trooper, only to see it plucked off the cliff-face by Cantrell. He banks the plane to follow it down, heading straight over the Spider-Skull Walker as it gets strafed by Cantrell. Shooting your own in the back? Screw you, Smegma-sniffer. Even if it wasn't Jude's sister, you'd deserve what comes next.

Over the radio, as the staff glows and sinks psychic tendrils into the mind of the thug, Lyboc, Libertas speaks over the radio. "Shouldn't have opened a channel to gloat, Lyboc. Open your helmet and shoot yourself in the face with the biggest weapon you can manage, at maximum rate of fire."

Meanwhile, he fires the gun with the tail out the window at the closest of the SAMAS pursuing him, causing the Power Armor's chest to explode in a rain of gore down on the valley below, even as the gun itself falls into ruin, shattered by its own power.

Flint, still ready with the P-Beam Cannon, shoots at a second of the pursuing SAMAS (SAMASes? SAMASi?), as well. The laser doesn't quite punch through the armor, but it does serve to rattle the pilot.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

17 to resist order to kill himself
Llyboc he does have killer insinct but not Elan, resist #1: [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] GM Benny #4 EF [dice]2[/dice]
2nd resist roll because he does not want to shoot himself in the face, [dice]3[/dice] ace [dice]5[/dice]wild [dice]4[/dice] ace [dice]6[/dice] GM Benny #3 for EF [dice]7[/dice]
On the open comms you hear Lyyboc unclip his side arm and swing open his faceplate. ” You god damn D-bee... Don’t... Fuuuccckkk you!!”. The shot goes off and Llyboc’s snide sweaty voice comes back on, ” Argghh, my god damn ear you D-bee... I will tear you apart!”
OOC Comments
6 wounds to spider skull from Jitters rocket... 2 bennies left ace and Elan engaged [dice]8[/dice] last GM Benny [dice]9[/dice]
[dice]10[/dice]
Piloting [dice]11[/dice]
[dice]12[/dice]
Llyboc is furious and foaming, his mic is hot, ” What do you mean a fusion black Betty rocket? Those are highly experimental... Oh Shi—-“ Kaboom and the Spider Skull walker stumbles backward finally falling apart a smoking pile of twisted MDC metal. Maybe some of the crew survived, maybe they did not. One more missile or area effect attack will ensure every helpless CS soldier crew member, Llyboc included, is killed.
Revenge of the Samas and the mad captian Llyboc comes on the radio, barely even audible. It appears he is tryimg to jury rig something to fire back. ” The fire control is connected to the red wire. The Heavy Rail gun trigger is connected to the orange wire.
OOC Comments
Repair Or kn electornics [dice]13[/dice] ace [dice]15[/dice]wild [dice]14[/dice]
From the wreckage of the Spider Skull walker you can see its heavy rail gun spark and catch on fire then finally fall apart.
Softly over the fritzzimg CS radio Llybocs shallow breathing fills your ears, ” I... will... find you.” Then it cuts out.
Flyer gets hit 1 time for 1 wound. Libertas needs to make a pilotimg roll at -1 or loose control
Samas vs the Flyer. Unshake spirit [dice]16[/dice]. Firing back, -2 position, -4 for blind. Its armor ignores 2 pts of penalties. So just -4. Three shots with railun, [dice]17[/dice] ace [dice]20[/dice] [dice]18[/dice] [dice]19[/dice]
Damage [dice]21[/dice] ap10
Crit hits: [dice]47[/dice]
The Samas Flint shot regains control of the Samas, its steadys its self not moving, just hoverimg and levels its rail gun in a mad attempt to spray the area wildly as the TK flyer goes past it. One hit clips the tail chewing its stabilizers.

Nadine 8 Samas go for broke firimg all manner of weapon at the Titan. Four open fire with their light rail guns and four open fire with armor piercing rockets. The four with the rail guns hover going motionless and fire full auto.
-
OOC Comments
2 for position, -2 defensive two step, +2 for armor reducing penalties
Samas rail gun [dice]22[/dice] [dice]23[/dice][dice]24[/dice]
Samas rail gun [dice]25[/dice] [dice]26[/dice][dice]27[/dice]
Samas rail gun [dice]28[/dice] [dice]29[/dice][dice]30[/dice]
Samas rail gun [dice]31[/dice] [dice]32[/dice][dice]33[/dice]
Ace [dice]38[/dice] ace [dice]39[/dice] 2 normal hits, 2 hits with raise
Normal damage: ap 10
[dice]40[/dice]
[dice]41[/dice]
Raise damage: ap10
[dice]42[/dice] plus [dice]43[/dice]
[dice]44[/dice] plus [dice]45[/dice] ace [dice]46[/dice]
Rockets:
-2 for position, -2 defensive two step, +2 for armor reducing penalties
Samas rocket [dice]34[/dice]
Samas rocket [dice]35[/dice]
Samas rocket [dice]36[/dice]
Samas rocket [dice]37[/dice]
Due to the quick movements of the RA and its heavy armor the Samas’ shots either wildly miss or bang harmlessly off the durable armor platting.

What does Max do, I think we need a few more successes for the dramatic task. Trust me it will pay dividends in the end. Also technically Llyboc tried to attack you with a busted heavy rail gun, so feel free to strike back at him. You can ignore the -4 for strikimg back since the craft is wrecked. There are 8 samas that tried to blast you as well. So you can strike back normally against them.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Piloting check
-1 for Wound to Flyer, +2 MM TW machine in combat, -2 Unskilled, +1 Handling: Straight roll
Piloting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Pilot [dice]1[/dice]
... Of course.
Extra Effort Benny [dice]2[/dice]
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Saving the Day
Piloting at -2 for scene, +2 for Ace
[dice]0[/dice]

Benny EE with Elan and prior
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Piloting
[dice]1[/dice]

Shooting railgun at SAMAS - 3 ROF -- -4 for firing blind, -4 for out of position, +2 for RA targeting: net -6
Blast 1: [dice]3[/dice]
Benny EE with prior and Elan
[dice]7[/dice]

Blast 2: [dice]4[/dice]

Blast 3: [dice]5[/dice]

Damage blast 3, AP 14:
[dice]9[/dice]

WD Blast: [dice]6[/dice]
Benny EE with prior and Elan
[dice]8[/dice]
Ace EE with prior
[dice]10[/dice]

Hit WD Blast
[dice]11[/dice]
One Ace with prior
[dice]12[/dice]
Raise WD Blast
[dice]13[/dice]
Covered in SAMAS pilots and taking all sorts of combined arms fire, the Titan's sensors still ping the defenseless inhabitants of the mountain homes, and scream at the incoming missiles. "Nothing can get through Nadine's armor anyway. Let's take the hit, baby!" Maximilian moves swiftly towards the hapless non-military targets of the CS artillery. Simultaneously, he launches some missiles at the rock slides, hoping to divert some of the avalanche. He shouts over the loudspeaker. "Huddle up, folks! Max and Nadine are here to save the day. Step right up, that's right!" The Titan's arms reach out, scooping up as many bystanders as he can. He then leans over them. "LISTEN CLOSE! Cover your ears, but leave your mouths open. We're about to take some artillery fire. The shockwave won't be fun, but it's worse if your mouth is closed and your eardrums rupture. INCOMING!"

The long-range missiles find their mark on Nadine's back. By whatever stroke of luck, the missiles explode on impact, but at a glancing angle at best. The Titan avoids all significant damage except maybe scuffing the paint. Nadine's sensors read the same. "Atta girl, Nadine! Nothing gets past you!" Clicking the loudspeaker, Max announces to the people he has saved. "Looks like you're mostly clear, folks. Take some cover until I can clean these fleas off my back, and then I'll be back to fetch you."

The Titan turns back towards the SAMAS squad. "Alright, boys. You had your fun. Now it's my turn!" The railgun cracks off several heated bursts, sending the SAMAS pilots scattering from the thunderous assault of the Titan. Two of the 8 pilots are not quick enough on their evasive maneuvering, and catch the worst of the railgun impacts. Their powered armor suits are shredded, then explode for good measure. "Who's next? How many?! I'll take you all down!"
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 11
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jude flexed his arm. It wasn’t as bad as he had thought, more bruised than broken. He was able to pull himself up to where Nici clung to the cargo netting, both still dragging behind the Zone Ranger.

Jude and Nici looked back as the spider skull walker went down and heard Lyboc’s franticness over the radio. Jude keyed up.

“I hope you enjoy hell, Lyboc,” he said with a growl. “Tell them Maverick sent you. I’ll make sure to console your sister.”

Nici grabbed her brother’s radio. “Lyboc, you fucking, arrogant ass! If you broke my ace streak, I am going to use your skull for a shit pot! I am going to make sure HQ court martials your corpse and feeds it to the fucking D-Bees! Thirteenth Attack Wing, fall back and secure the walker. If Lyboc is still alive, take him into custody for this fuck up. How incompetent can he be with this much fire power.”

Jude looked up, hoping to see some SAMAS peeling off. His sister was a national hero, after all, the Red Baroness.

He looked over at Nici. “You look like shit, Nic,” he said with a grin.

She bonked him on the head with the radio before handing it back. “Thanks. That was pretty impressive,” she admitted. “Now let’s get inside before my flight suit wears away and I get road rash.”

Jude nodded, giving Nici a boost as she climbed her way up the netting into the Zone Ranger.

Conditions
Bennies: 8/6 +1 benny to next quarter
Adventure Cards:

Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”