The Witchwell Inn RP Area

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

The Witchwell Inn RP Area

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Eventually Sir Seth Merihk finds the heroes of the 13th and invites them into a back room at the whitwell inn. The room sits about 6-7 arround a strudy table. There is a painting of the ocean and an old cruiser liner on the far wall. The lighting is dim, but well enough to see everyone’s faces. Sir Seth’s helm is drawn but should he take his worn battled armor off no doubt it would reveal a grim face that had seen the war of Tolkien first hand.

Hii helm hides his grim countance but his voice seems more frowny than usual as he nods to the members of the 13th, ” So it would seem, if I understood Jitters there we need to talk. I imagine you have many questions regarding what happened after Lucretia and I left your company.” He lifts his helm off revealing is assumed sour face, but he touches a large gash on his forhead, not bloody but still bruised. ” If my memory holds I will answer what I can... Something blind-sided me to end the time I spent with Lucretia.”

Ask any questions, RP... I’ll try to answer in a timely manner as best I can.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Witchwell Inn RP Area

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Lib's talking almost as soon as he finishes speaking. "Well, let's start with the obvious--is Lucretia still okay, at least the last time you saw her? Also, do you want that scar removed, or is this one of those 'personal reminder' things?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell nods.

"Yes, any update on Lucretia would be welcome. The last we heard the pair of you were attacked, then somehow ended up raising a dragon. We met him, Z'Anomandir, and brought him to Castle Refuge, but he didn't come with us when we left."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Witchwell Inn
Evening
Round 0

“And Vash,” Jude said, remembering the beautiful, dark-haired driver that had been with Sir Merrick when he picked up Lucretia. “Is she okay, too? What exactly happened? We were told the Mountaineer had been torn to pieces. There was quite the battle, we were told.” For however briefly, Lucretia had been their leader.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The cyber knight touches his forehead and shakes his head, ” I’ll be fine Libertas, thank you... Lucretia I think she is alive. We were hold up in a cave in those mountains near the black market base. Turns out the back of the mountaineer had a few dragon eggs. Did you guys ever check what you were transporting? The CS jumped us with... I haven’t seen that level of firepower brought to bear since the war. Lucretia and I did what we could, but Vash... I think she was in the mountaineer when it was slagged. A couple of the dragons hatched in the first moments of the battle, and we held our own for a bit... But they just kept coming... Enforcers, Skull walkers, skelebots... The Wkykin defense force came out confused as to what was going on, and giving us a chance to escape. Lucretia and I got three eggs out and into the mountains. Special forces hounded us for days but we lost them... At least I think we did. Xan was hatched shortly, and one day after Xan left our company I got jumped by someone... I never got a good look at them, and my blade went right through it... Maybe some kind of blob... It touched me and I went down... Unconscious.” The knight takes a breath rubbing his face, it apperently has been a long couple of weeks. ”When I came too, Lucretia was gone, her visor crushed and broken. The two remaining dragon eggs gone. I found this though...” He hold up a match book with an inscripted F!

Taking a drink of water he finishes, ” I had heard rumors of a Black MArket base in those mountains and luck would have it Mikey has a soft spot for Cyber Knights...”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude took the matchbook from Sir Merrik and turned it over in his hand. He pulled out the one Rory had left.

“The Family,” Jude muttered, looking at the others. “Again.” He handed the matchbook back to the cyber-knight. “That was who we tangled with in Xenith Base. I don’t know who they are or what they want. Given how many dragons there were, I’m guessing they were very interested in those eggs.” He sighed. “I really hope Lucretia is still okay.” He tapped his own matchbook on the table, thinking. “We may need to look into this Family at some point, if only to make sure Lucretia is still alive. But they must be planning something.”
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Common Knowledge 6
Common Knowledge (with North America bonus) [dice:wzsn0rn5]44262:0[/dice:wzsn0rn5]
Wild 1 [dice:wzsn0rn5]44262:1[/dice:wzsn0rn5]
Wild 2 [dice:wzsn0rn5]44262:2[/dice:wzsn0rn5]
Cantrell takes a look at the matchbook, as well.

"I'm a little hazy on Mafia history. Is there a big dragon contingent? Maybe Sharp and his goons being dragons wasn't out of the ordinary, at all. What if the Family are all dragons? Or at least led by them. It'd stand to reason they'd be interested in dragon eggs then."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Lib considers that notion. "Everything I've ever heard of says dragons are hugely territorial, even when talking about family members. There've been exceptions--Tolkeen had a whole suburb that was pretty much their territory, for instance--but those cases are rare, and usually involve one really, really big, bad-ass dragon who can call the shots for the others, settling turf disputes. So if 'The Family' are all Dragons, well.... Yeah. They've stayed off-radar, I think, but that just means that we're talking about a major power-player behind the scenes. The kind that earns the title 'Great Wyrm', y'know?" He seems to grow thoughtful at the prospect, perhaps daunted by the power it would imply.

Man, can you imagine the size of that horde? Don't even go there, Libertas; that's the kind of thinking that gets people barbecued. There's not a single adage about dragons, in any timeline I know of, that suggests treating them as a loot pinata.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Witchwell Inn
Evening
Round 0

“That sounds super dangerous and totally insane,” Jude said wryly. “Just the kind of thing we tackle, unfortunately.” He rubbed at his face. “It isn’t beyond conceivable though that a dragon egg might fetch a hefty price on the Black Market. I mean, the dragons I’ve met are...super impressionable, let’s say. You get your hands on an egg, be the first thing the hatchling sees, let it imprint on you, and you have a pretty powerful ally at your beck and call. That could give anyone a leg up.”
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 pm
Common Knowledge 6
Common Knowledge (with North America bonus) [dice:ov7s5rt4]44262:0[/dice:ov7s5rt4]
Wild 1 [dice:ov7s5rt4]44262:1[/dice:ov7s5rt4]
Wild 2 [dice:ov7s5rt4]44262:2[/dice:ov7s5rt4]
Cantrell takes a look at the matchbook, as well.

"I'm a little hazy on Mafia history. Is there a big dragon contingent? Maybe Sharp and his goons being dragons wasn't out of the ordinary, at all. What if the Family are all dragons? Or at least led by them. It'd stand to reason they'd be interested in dragon eggs then."
Sir Merihk seems to latch onto one train of thought... Grimly he aggrees with Cantrel, ” I lack the historical or political background for those matters. But I did fight in the Tolkien war. Their was a city of dragons that fought on Tolkien’s side. Lots of dragons. Some were even so powerful they could somehow split themselves creating terrifying shadow dragons. What if... What if after the war they went to ground and... And they are growing a power base. But to what end. Didn’t Sharp say something about poisoning Whykin?”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 pm What if... What if after the war they went to ground and... And they are growing a power base. But to what end. Didn’t Sharp say something about poisoning Whykin?”
Cantrell nods.

"He did, but if there was a reason, I didn't catch it. There was a lot going on then, and I wasn't ... well, let's just say I had a lot going on inside my head during that particular encounter."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”