Re: Geist’s Mountain: The last battle

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I chopped the narative into 4 parts just to make it a bit easier to read. They are meant to be read in order.
Coming together

As Jude alluded to the snake men retreat is textbook and well organized. It really could not have been more so than if it was the exact example right out of the CS manual for tactics written by Victoria Telsa. This does not help ease the sense of danger growing with every moment while the heroes are gathered near the altar. The altar is a large wooden table flipped so its bottom is up. A series of glyphs are carved arround it and a large slit about the size of a sword is in the center. Several nearby sconces hold enough torch light for light to not be an immidiate issue. Bane grasps Libertas’ forearm in thanks for the timely heal and explains, ” These sybols are ancient, perhaps the first words of magic handed down by the old ones. Scattered arround the globe are others that govern all magical disciplines. This one...” He points to the table. Bane’s face is sweaty as if looking at the table brings back unresolved fresh memories. ”This one controls the fate of temporal magic. It is set to double its effect. If Geist was able to drop the mountain on a city with enough life she could have used the rebounding temporal energies to change the world. We however can use the vallient blade, reset this table to its origional purpose, then put an end to Temporal magic.” Bane pauses tripping near the table and looks up to Jude, Cantrell, and finally Libertas making sure his words cared the weight in which they were spoken.

Markus of all people rushes to his side and grabs the D’Norr bringing him back to his feet. ” Diz may not be human... But wez are familize. We are with youz.” He grips one of his pump pistols grinning darkly as lights flood the large entrance indicating something large emerging. At the same time a dragon roar echoes from the great cave maw that is open to and overlooks the city of Dweomer far below. Markus like a true soldier nods at Cantrell, ” Do not worry aboutz the rifle. Wez await your orders Ma’m.”

Lucretia does not recoil at Jude’s touch instead she grips his hand and pulls him close so they are face to face. She takes off her helm with the other hand. Her hair swirls arround her sightless face and full lips. Despite the dire circumstances her voice is soft and tender, ”Do you remember Silver Bluff? Our first night there. Maverick... I...” The tenor of her voice changes to a frightened whisper, ” I can feel her still inside me...” Her voice catches in her throat as the bulbous black swirling mass of the alien intelegence stops glowing red and floats to the ground reforming as a woman naked with white alabastor skin and raven hair.
Geist Reforged
A18CB23C-B236-4119-840A-ECE1AAF76540.jpeg
The woman stands growing 40 feet tall and a black shadowy armor surrounds her form. She floats towards the heroes at the alter not quite touching the ground yet leaving it scorched as if burnt. Her form maybe be still be reminecent of the alien intelegence’s black writhing shape with glints of red, but her twisted face is unmistakable: Victoria Geist!
When she speaks it is like two voices have merged as one. A woman’s voice, direct and commanding combined with a low gowl of something very alien. Just hearing it is like withstanding a tidal wave of energy, ” Libertas... Cantrell... Jude... I know you. I am just like you. Never wanting to be forgotton, ever becoming a monster, wanting to only make reality something pure and righteous. Remade to withstand the horrors of this world.” She pauses raising a hand towards the ceiling and walls. ” You had your chance, and as always ever behind by miles. My servants will take the dagger and I will complete the journey using the table Magicorium and the dagger by the same name.”

From the ceiling and walls out slither a plethora of snakemen and woman. So armed with laser rifles, vibro swords, railguns, and rocket launchers. Clearly under the command of a tactical genuis their formations are immpecable and to the point. There is nearly a 1000 of them covering the ceiling and walls even spilling out onto the floor itself. With the exception of the Maw overlooking Dweomer the 13th is effectivly surrounded. Their hissing sound almost makes your ears bleed. They grow quiet as the giant madwoman continues. ” It is time to end your struggle. This is where you die. Alone.”

Markus still holding bane up right chuckles offering a poignent quip, ” Dat iz not quite truez...”
13th Assembled
From the entrance emerges Max’s titan robot barely able to fit through the large tunnel. It’s flood lights shinning like a bright heavenly beckon. Two cyber knights hang onto its arms with their psi swords ablaze. The robot armor runs and leaps the several hundred foot distance using some newly installed jump jets, landing with a metal thud near the altar. Over it’s loud speaker Max’s voice reaches the heroes, ” Sorry to be running late Top Dog. Radio’s been knocked out. I got your back and brought some friends.” It’s lasers charge, and missile hatches open. The Titan grips its large kittani plasma axe in one hand.

The two cyber knights slide down its arms with ease. Sir Merihk lands next to Cantrell with a roll and comes up with his psionic sword gleaming bright. His grave voice carries a sense of mirth for the dramatic, ” Like we told you, we would be here for you at the end.”

The other knight Zee Hail lands softly near Libertas, he pats the young technowizard’s shoulder and smiles. ”Looks
like you did well in resisting the darkness looming. Let me know how I can help.”
He points to the open air Maw of the cave, ” Even your Captain Lumpkiss is with us! Hah!”
Morose
Morose
19A541A3-0AEB-4D7D-B44D-A496E420E85A.jpeg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 14833 times
Through the mouth of the cave even more allies can be seen as an air ship zooms by with the words Morose painted on one side. A large gleaming rail gun hangs off one side of the air ship. If you look just right you might see one Captain Pender Lumpkiss’ goofy grin smiling back. The roar of a dragon echoes once again, but this time the dragon, frost blue appears zooming through the maw landing near the heroes on the otherside of the Titan Robot. The dragon’s scales are like ice with frost flakes dropping into the floor as it lands. A lone ryder slides down its wing armed with a pair of familiar vibro swords: Jitters and Zan arrived!

Z'Anomandir growls a burst of frost striking a wall. It heavy ice crusted claws scratch the hewen black stone floor. When it shakes ice drops off it scales making a ting batta ting sound on the floor. ” Raw! My second battle I am so excited! Is that Giest? Raw! I thought she was dead!!” The dragon nearly stumbles as it catches sight of Merikh and Lucretia.

Jitter’s skids to a halt near the heroes his two swords gleaming in the torch light surrounding the altar. ” Time travel is a bitch but I would not miss this throw down for anything.” He is wearing cloak brown and thread bare but with a clasp with a small gold and silver scripted FB. Jitters grinns slighty looking arround. ” Anyone see the old man?”
Flint’s Summary
As if he had been standing in a shadow near the altar the whole time Flint steps forward lighting a cigarette with an electric snap. He takes a drag and flicks it onto the ground. Electricity sparks from his eyes and he grimaces as if annoyed by Geist’s refusal to die. ” So this is it huh? Geist again, its like someone really dislikes us. Seems like we got a few issues here. I’ve been listening to you drawl on for a bit, so let me see if I got this straight.” He looks at his smoldering cigarette with a bit of regret and continues even more annoyed than before, ” Lucretia might go nuts at any moment. Someone needs to give Geist a bloodly lip, and this table can either destory us or destory Temporal magic.” He steps on the cigarette finally putting it out, ” You kids can really pick e’m. Looks like she is done letting us talk.” Flint points back up to the towering Geist whose neck is glowing red with arcane energies.

She yells out, ” None of them survive! Let this mountain run red with the blood of the 13th! ATTACK!” The 1000 snake men led by the towering other worldly Geist decend on the assembled members of the 13th SET of the Tomorrow Legion.

Player Directions.
Dramatic task: 3-5 successes needed for a positive outcome, but also each player must acheive 1 success.
Scene modifier -6
—Hindrances at play: please incorporate a hindrence that gives you a disadvantage of a further -2 ( gain +1 benny)
—Way to improve your roll: select an NPC ally below and also you can choose to spend a significant amount of resources( Explained at the end of step 1).
  • Allies: which ally helped you the most?
    • 1) Incorporate how an ally helps you and gain +2. Interested in killing off an ally in a dramatic fashion? As long as it is not Max or Lucretia shoot me a pm so we can talk.
Step 1
Choose your skill and based on the skill plus resources(down below) if you like more of a bonus. The skill chosen has an immidate effect. Then based on the outcome of the roll their is an additional effect.
  • Fighting or kn battle (ppts and wounds/fatigue): player takes 1 wound soak-able or 1 lvl of fatigue.
  • Shooting( ppts and ammo): player loosed 3d6 ammo or they can take 1 wound (soakable)
  • Arcane Skill (ppts, fatigue can be chosen if you have the soul drain edge): player looses 3d6 ppts or 1 wound (soakable)
Resources (must have the resources to spend): Only one resource can be selected and must be available
  • Wounds/Fatigue ( each wound level(soakable) or fatigue lvl inccured provides a +1 bonus up to a +4.
  • Ammo (must have a reasonable amount to start with): Spend half of all available ammo for +2 bonus. Spend all available ammo for a +4 bonus. Ammo available is from all eclips, and weapons the character has access too.
  • Power Points(must have a reasonable amount to start with): Spend half of your ppts gain +2 bonus. Spend all your ppts gain +4 bonus.
Step 2
The results!
  • Crit failure: take 1d4 wounds ( soakable), increase the number of successes for a successful outcome by 1. Something went horribly wrong for you in this combat and you quite possibly jeopardized the entire mission for everyone.
  • Failure: Take 2 wounds (soakable), It was a rough fight for sure. You took more damage than you delt or a significant barrier hampered your efforts
  • Success: 1 wound ( soakable), ok you made it to the end of the fight... Just barely. You took a scratch or a small blow that any compenant healer can fix. Your efforts were generally positive.
  • Raise: No wounds. You did it! Not only did you give more than you got but you did it in style! While bards might not truely sing your praises for all time, Erin Tarin herself will make a footnote mention about you. This lvl will also erase a crit failure.
  • Double Raise (12): No wounds, 1 bonus roll on the table of loot! Can you say epic? Because accross the lands of North America and even in the German Republic folks will buy you drinks and call you Awesome! This lvl will erase a crit failure.
Step 3
Put it all together:
This is your chance to write how the battle unfolds for yourself and NPC allies/bad guys. I have also included a spring board for each of your characters to play off as a way to jumpstart your inspiration. The spirng board was something I thought was in someways important to your characters motivation. GM note: While Geist can be defeated and her derrange plan thwarted, in her current itteration the characters realize they lack the knowledge and weapons to truely vanquish their foe. Also as for the altar you can as easily remove it as activate it.

@Libertas Magicum, Jitters grabs your forearm and holds up a vibro sword one of the snake men had left clattered on the ground during their retreat. ” Libertas’ now is the time for you to fullfill your destiny. Use your father’s dagger to forge the Valient blade. I will help you realign the gliffs. We must hurry while the others buy us time.” He pushes the technowizard down as laser fire erupts all arround. One such blast strikes Bane in the chest spinning him arround. He grabs the table to steady himself. His voice is raspy as he coughs up blood looking down at the hole in his shoulder, ” Arggh... Hurry Libertas!”

@Jude Maverick, Lucretia leaps into the fray of battle with equisite grace and acrobatic form that you last saw in Silver Bluff. She bounds back towards you going back to back as a group of snake men surround you. Her voice is filled with regret as she parry’s a snake man’s blade ” Jude... I need to tell you... I need to tell you, I’ve always L—” Her face controts as Jude feels his mind control effect fade completly. Her voices becomes filled with rage, No... No! Noooo!!” She spins arround and Jude finds himself face to face with Lucretia whose face once again has errie strange purple lit eyes. Her psi blade is drawn and sizzles with her fervor.

Whatever tenderness had been there is now gone replaced by a dispationate coldness, Time to die Jude.”

@Cantrell comes face to face with Geist. No more than 20 feet seperate the two. The towering madwoman’s lithe form glows with a red halo and streaks of hellfire bolt in and arround Cantrell. Geist laughs madly, ” Did you know little girl I once was just like you? Full of ideals, full of hope... I was even once an officer in the Coalition! Haha, the vangaurd taught me much and opened my eyes to the possibilities. They told me they saw my potential. Its even where I met my husband Charles.” Geist throws a fire ball and spat more rage filled words at Cantrell, ” Little girl, they cast me out and I found a home in Tolkeen. Even then, the Coalition dystroyed that. Join me Cantrell... The coalition is still taking from you. Together we can bring them and everyone to their knees and remake the world!”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

TW 10 total
Rolling TW. Don't have extra resources to dump in, and am pretty much out of PPE, so taking the Wound; Bane will be assisting for +2. Taking the Benny for factoring in a Hindrance that causes a -2. Scene modifier is -6. Total Modifier is -6, to his d12+5, yielding a d12-1 total.

Techno-Wizardry [dice:2enmj318]50713:0[/dice:2enmj318]
Wild TW [dice:2enmj318]50713:1[/dice:2enmj318]
Extra Effort w/ Elan [dice:2enmj318]50713:2[/dice:2enmj318]
Libertas spins as the D'norr slumps over from his wound. "Bane!" He crouches next to the magus, who waves him off.

"The Blade, Libertas. Focus on the issue at hand." He grabs the young techno-wizard's hand with his own. "One thing I managed to learn from Geist's rantings, though I couldn't quite understand her meaning. Only one of the Blood of the Presci can forge the Valient Blade."

Libertas looks at the symbols and glyphs, watching as Jitters orients the table and hurriedly makes chalk marks in spots where Lib needs to carve the wood once the Valient Blade is forged. And as he contemplates all of this, he suddenly, slowly starts to smile.

Simple, really. The answer's been with me all this time. What do you mean? I mean, my dear Lady V, you. We thought your 'purification' was from falling into the closet-trap, and your imprisonment in my tail was the side-effect. But don't you see? It's the other way 'round. In my tail, your soul was surrounded by, practically bathed in it. He starts setting up his gear even as he continues to work through it all, removing one item after another from his pouches, and constructing a truly surreal device, even cannibalizing parts from some of his default items. The blood of the Presci. I'm going to tell you a secret, Lady V. My people didn't just accidentally come to this world. We got driven out of our home dimension by Temporal raiders who were trying to wipe us out. Had to flee to other worlds, a grand diaspora. See, we have a special relationship to time. You've experienced it, through my eyes, right? Yes, but what--? I'm getting to that. That special relationship to time means we can't actually do Temporal Magic. Timey-wimey bullshit and our blood are like oil and water--they just don't mix. When you got put in my tail, that was what purified you, removing all the temporal magic warping from your soul--and also ensuring you're the only you.

The Forge is now mostly complete, parts and pieces all around, though he's still digging around for a few final items.

Because we don't interact with time anomalies like most folks do, there's only one of us, ever. My future self, if I pull this off, won't ever have existed--unlike the way it is with Temporal Wizards, where they keep spinning off alternate reality versions of themselves. He breaks off, and growls aloud in frustration. "Dammit! I've got everything I need except the lenses...." Then he blinks, owlishly, and laughs, pulling off his goggles and popping out the lenses--it slows him down a bit, as he has difficulty seeing to place them properly in the device.

Anyway, that's the trick. It's not 'one of the blood of the Presci'--it is the Blood of the Presci that is needed to unlock the Blade. Finally, he produces the knife of his father, staring at the apparatus he's created, which includes a variation of the Sunstone Amulet that he made for Lucretia; the sunlight reflected and focused through his goggle-lenses (Note to self, buy those things in bulk from now on.) into a luminous beam. The light opens up the blade, making it capable of absorbing the catalyst. The catalyst--you mean--?

Yup. And with that, he takes the blade and cuts across his hand, deeply, the palm immediately filling up with blood that spills over the edges. He sets the blade into the apparatus, letting more blood drip into the basin the blade rests in. And the knife absorbs the blood, almost greedily, even as it begins to take on a rusty hue. He keeps it up until he starts to feel a little light-headed from blood loss, then grabs up the blade, which seems to leave an after-image when he moves it through the air. That's the trick, you see. The Valient Blade exists across all timelines at once--what it does in one, it does in all.

And with that, he sets to work, carving carefully along Jitters' markings (the Crazy having since gone off to help deal with the laser fire that was falling all around them), slowly but surely severing the thread by which Temporal Magic itself functions. When the work is done, he slumps to the floor next to Bane. "That... that should do it." He wraps his hand in an old rag for now--once things have calmed down, he'll cobble his gear back together and do a proper healing job on both of them.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Shooting 11
-6 difficulty, -2 Hindrance (can't resist a pretty face), +2 ally, +2 targeting enhancement, +2 ion, +2 Marksman, +1 Trademark Weapon
Shooting [dice:1y45dgd2]50725:0[/dice:1y45dgd2]
Wild [dice:1y45dgd2]50725:1[/dice:1y45dgd2]
Benny for EE Elan [dice:1y45dgd2]50725:4[/dice:1y45dgd2]
Ace [dice:1y45dgd2]50725:5[/dice:1y45dgd2]
Soak wound from Shooting 11
Vigor [dice:1y45dgd2]50725:2[/dice:1y45dgd2]
Wild [dice:1y45dgd2]50725:3[/dice:1y45dgd2]
Dweomer/Geist Mountain cave
Night
Round 0

Jude found himself wishing Lucretia had eyes he could stare into. And that she wasn’t in the damn armor. He lightly brushed her hair from her face, caressing her cheek. “Of course I remember Silver Bluff,” he murmured quietly. He found himself lost in the moment as he started to lean into Lucretia.

Then he caught movement from the corner of his eye and stiffened as the black mass of the alien intelligence slithered to the floor and took the form of a naked, alabaster-skinned, raven-haired beautiful woman.

“Geist!” Jude hissed as shadowy armor formed around the woman and she grew taller, gloating. A host of snake people slithered from the walls, armed to the teeth.

But they weren’t alone. Pender Lumpkiss had brought an airship and the rest of the former 13th, Max, Zan, Jitters, and the cyber-knights, and even Flint!

“Family reunions are a bitch, aren’t they, Geist?” Jude said, grinning. He turned back to Lucretia. “We’ll continue this later.” He grabbed her and kissed her deeply, then slid her helmet back on, before putting on his own and turning to face the oncoming horde. He couldn’t help but watch her elegance of battle as she fought.

But then something went wrong. Jude felt the magic of his control over her fade. “Shit!” And now he found himself facing that deadly elegance!

“Luce! You can fight this! This isn’t what you want. That means you can fight it!” He knew enough about the magic of the spell.

Lucretia charged at Jude. He ducked and stepped past her, bringing up his rifle, blasting a charging group of snake men. It was hard to fight, avoiding a deadly cuisinart cyber-knight while blasting at hordes of snake people. He couldn’t keep his eye on the entire battle. He kept trying to get through to Lucretia.

“You can fight it! Lucretia, you said you loved me. Right? Is that what you were going to say? Focus on that. Keep that in your mind. Use it! Let it give you stre--”

Jude’s words were cut off as he was grabbed from behind by one of the snake men. He struggled to get free. Lucretia walked up calmly, her helmet masking her features. She ran her psi-blade straight through Jude and into the snake man behind as she flipped up the visor, giving him a grin, the purple gone from her blank sockets.

“Ow…” Jude muttered as she withdrew her blade.

“It’s just a flesh wound,” Lucretia said, teasing. She cleared out a space for Jude to catch his breath. “I’m still fighting,” Lucretia said. “She could get me again. Don’t trust me, Jude.” She flipped her helmet back down.

Jude nodded and got up. Surprising amount of blood for a flesh wound, but then he’d known and survived worse. He kept Lucretia’s words in mind, however, but as long as she was slicing and dicing snake people, he would be happy.
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Arcane Skill 10 (or Fighting 9)
Incorporating Delusional Hindrance, so -8 on the roll, +1 Benny
+2 help from Max

Gonna go with Arcane Skill (Spirit 1d12+1 to use the Red Gauntlet's anti-magic properties, but could just as easily go Fighting 1d12 if Pender would rather). Taking the Wound, which then gets healed by her Nano-Repair System.

Spirit [dice:2jeewmgh]50979:0[/dice:2jeewmgh]
Wild 1 [dice:2jeewmgh]50979:1[/dice:2jeewmgh]
Wild 1 [dice:2jeewmgh]50979:2[/dice:2jeewmgh]
Benny for Extra Effort and Elan and also using my Extra Effort Adventure Card [dice:2jeewmgh]50979:3[/dice:2jeewmgh]

Result: 10 (or 9 if Fighting) = 2 Successes, no Wound.
As friends from the past reappear and the cavern fills with foes, the part of Cantrell's brain that accepts the insanity (and, she secretly fears, embraces it) takes over.

In the time it takes her cybernetically-enhanced nerve endings to send the command that sets her muscles moving, she's made a plan. There may be a thousand enemies on the battlefield, but only one really matters: Geist, reborn and somehow combined with that inky black thing that had used its illusions on them before.

<<Max, you just might be the best boy that ever was, and I'm damn glad to see you and Nadine. Think you can give me some covering fire?>>

Trusting that the Dog Boy will follow her lead, Cantrell sprints forward, ignoring the dangers both physical and arcane that surround her.

"I'm too fast for the snake-boys, and that timey-wimey bullshit can't touch me, she thinks. It barely even registers when something does bite her, but her nanites swarm over the wound and seal it before it can slow her charge.

Nadine's rail gun carves a path ahead that Cantrell follows reactively, the tungsten rounds tearing up the ground to either side of her as if she was guiding them with her eyes. Fifty meters shrinks to 25, then 10 ... then she's face to face with Geist, no more than 20 feet between them.

The towering madwoman’s lithe form glows with a red halo and streaks of hellfire bolt in and around Cantrell.

Geist laughs madly. ”Did you know little girl I once was just like you? Full of ideals, full of hope... I was even once an officer in the Coalition! Haha, the Vanguard taught me much and opened my eyes to the possibilities. They told me they saw my potential. It's even where I met my husband, Charles.”

Geist throws a fireball that Cantrell effortlessly dodges, then spits more rage-filled words. "Little girl, they cast me out and I found a home in Tolkeen. Even then, the Coalition destroyed that. Join me Cantrell ... The Coalition is still taking from you. Together we can bring them and everyone to their knees and remake the world!”

For a moment, Cantrell says nothing, then slings her rifle on her back.

"You know, Geist, the Coalition did take a lot from me. More maybe than I'll ever know. But what they haven't taken are the things I've earned myself. My friends. A place in this world. And I'll be damned if I let you or any other two-bit dimensional fuckwit take them from me."

On Cantrell's right hand, the Red Gauntlet and the embedded temporal lodestone glow white-hot, blazing with a blue-white flame ready to devour any timey-wimey bullshit -- or anyone who wields it.

"Let's do this, you black-hearted bitch," Cantrell says, her jet pack engaging and launching her toward Geist, fist pulled back for an epic blow ...
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

With the towering Geist like monster vanquished, the snakemen dead, and Rifts’ earth cut off from temporal magic the 13th stands alone victorius. Captain Gater of the nearby air ship Morose docks near the open cavern that looks down at the city of Gloom about 7,000 feet below. Diamond Clad, and Pender both disembark to greet the heroes of the hour. The cheers from the crew of the Morose, mostly mercs with members of the gloom defense force sprinkled in let out a cheers of hip hip horay!

Diamond Clad sums it up in one word, ” Amazing.”

Next to him Pender reaches out a hand of congratulations, ” Never had a doubt... Well when that 40foot tall Woman apeared out of no where, maybe just a small doubt.” He cracked a smile happy to see the team.

Diamond Clad slapped him on his back chucling nervously, ” It seems like this mountain is stable enough, most folks probably don’t even know it is up here. Seems like it is wrapped in a pretty impenatrable invisibility spell. Never seen anything like it.” His eyes grow sad for a moment and he shakes his head, ” If I hadn’t begged Geist to find a cure for my wife...” His eyes grow moist and his mouth dries up leaving that tale untold for now.

Bane suddenly calls for assistance at the altar/table/family herloom that has Libertas spralled face first against it. A gleaming blade is in the center of the table as if a key fit perfectly into a lock. Bane seems to be trying to reach into Libertas’ pack for a healing kit but the D’norr’s hands seem to go right through it. ” I... I can’t touch any thing. Libertas looks hurt, he lost a ton of blood!” Bane’s image seems to flutter and go from there to not. He calms down understanding his plight completly ” With time secured in this earth, it appears I may not have a place on it.”

Max looks down at Jude and Cantrell, ” Take care of goggles, We can secure the room. Oh Jude got something from your sister, here catch.” Flint, Marcus, the two cyber knights move out arround the room. Marcus seems more than happy to but a laser blast into a barely alliave snake man.

Lucretia seems a bit lost for the moment unsure what she should do or if she can controll her self. She looks down at her armed gauntlets and the TW sigils of healing knowing she could help her ally and friend as well, but she remain’s motionless considering using the nearby laser rifle on herself.
Jude
Its one of the wedding invitations for your sistes’ wedding to Jack. Its approaching!
I’ll leave it up to you to describe exactly how much time you got left to make it interesting. I was thinking 9 days left, but if you wanted it to be in a couple of days I would be down with that.

We are in the narative here, post a little reaction post if you like, I’ll follow your lead. Think about either a heroic lvl item or you can take an item already at heroic and move it to Artifact level ( legendary, plus a major mod or 2 points of super powers)

Bennies have reset!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas manages to rouse himself just as Bane is about to fade, allowing them to make a single pass-through fist-bump before the D'norr fades completely. Grabbing some bandages from his healing kit, he nods to the others as he starts wrapping the bleeding hand. "I'll be okay. Just got a bit dizzy. Soon as I get some juice back, I should be able to manage--Lucretia if you do that I swear I will wrest you back here, and trust me, the necronanites will probably not play well with your own, so just stop right there!"

He looks to Diamond Clad. "We should probably see what we can do about moving this mountain away from any populated areas, just in case something does happen to the magic here." He considers. "Maybe we could take it and present it to Big Micky as a replacement for the mountain base he lost?"

Finally, he turns to Pender Lumkiss, grinning. "Man, it's good to hear you're walking around free again. Sorry you had to go through all that."
K: Arc 15
Mountain Movers [dice:3dovzy6f]51236:0[/dice:3dovzy6f] ACE [dice:3dovzy6f]51236:2[/dice:3dovzy6f]
Wild K: Arcana [dice:3dovzy6f]51236:1[/dice:3dovzy6f]
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
Round 0

Jude greeted Pender as well. “Good to see you, Captain. I heard a rumor that something nasty shuffled you off. Glad to see it wasn’t the case.”

Gently Jude took the rifle from Lucretia. “You don’t need that now,” he told her softly, giving her a light kiss. “Why don’t you sit down, rest, and collect yourself. We’ll be done here soon.”

Jude caught the invitation for his sister’s wedding and read it. “Damn. We have nine days!” Jude exclaimed. “And I still don’t know who this Jack is. We killed him!” He rubbed his forehead. “How far away are we?”
Nike Airs
Nike Airs (8 points)
  • Teleport (8): 12”, free action, takes up movement; must see destination for no roll, Smarts -2 for someplace previously been, -4 for someplace never been.
    • Teleport Other (+5): Teleport 1 per action. Spirit roll. Additional targets -1/character

[/list]
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell rejoins the group in a daze, her nanites only partly off-setting the physical and mental crash that follows any time she uses the cyberware that speeds up her reflexes to superhuman levels. More than that, she's surprised to be alive ... she'd intended to end Geist, no matter what, but she never truly believed she'd end up walking away from the battle.

At the thought, the temporal lodestone in her gauntlet flares briefly. It had been covered in black blood after the fight with the Geist-thing, but had seemed to absorb the dark substance into itself, glowing ever brighter as a result. Flexing the joints, Cantrell is thankful it, too, made it through. Even with no more temporal magic to worry about, she's sure it's power will prove useful in the future. [The Red Gauntlet was already Legendary, so I'll add the one Major mod to it to give it +10 PPE.]

Cantrell reaches the others just as Bane starts to fade. She reaches out and -- with the Red Gauntlet as a conduit -- feels something solid as she clasps him on the shoulder.

"I don't think that's going to stop what's happening, but nice to feel something one more time. But then, who knows what awaits?" Bane says.

"Bane, Thank you. I'm ... I'm sorry. I'm sorry we couldn't do more," Cantrell says, as the wizard begins to fade, despite the touch of her hand.

"Don't be, Lieutenant. You stopped Geist, and that's what matters." Bane's brow crinkles for a moment. "Wait, have they given you your promotion yet in this when? Or was that the next when from now. Well, go talk to Captain Lumkiss. I hope I didn't spoil the surprise."

As Bane fades from sight, Cantrell wishes she hadn't raised the visor on her helmet -- she has to look away for a few moments to collect herself.

"Nine days until the wedding? Well, you better take me somewhere I can buy a dress first, Jude. Preferably one with some laser-resistant inserts, and maybe a built-in ion cannon."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane tips his head and gives his allies and friends in the 13th a salute and disappears. Will they ever see the enigmatic ley line walker again, only time will tell but the twinkle in his eye indicate yes; somewhere in the future when they least expect it.

Lucretia seems to understand that killing herself is not the best option. She says quitly staying near Jude and Cantrell, ”Thanks Jude, Cantrell, and Libertas. I’ll try to keep it together, besides with Geist dead maybe I am free?”

Pender Lumkiss gives Libertas a warm hand shake exuberantly filling him in on what happened when they last departed company, ” That is not the half of it. A bit after you guys left the castle was infiltrated by some bio wizard cyborgs called gun brothers and something called a Sunji assasin. My friend died and I got stabbed, currently the 77th CIT is tracking the assasin down. But yeah great to see you man.” Pender unclasps his officers shirt to show Libertas his scar from a wicked knife. But Diamond Clad coughs slightly interjecting himself into the conversation.

” Captain Lumkiss that wound is as impressive as it was the last three times you showed it. But my young Protog... I mean my young college and I must put our heads together regarding this mountain.” Diamond Clad and Libertas begin a quiet conversation while Lumkiss approaches Jude, Lucretia, and Cantrell(the two cyber knights, Markus, and Max are securing the snakemen or in Markus’ case shooting them if they breathe wrong).
Libertas and Diamond Clads side convo
Diamond Clad grins at Libertas clearly proud of the man he had become. ” A far cry from my classroom on extatemporal mechanics eh?” He looks at the table echoing What Libertas probably realized himself, ” Without Giest, the mountain will not move. She poured her arcane energies into the table shaping the movement of the mountain, but she was the engine that made it go. We would need to find another Geist... The mountain looks stable now, and it would take something like the key lines disappearing for it to drop. Not impossible but highly improbable. The mountain is surrounded by perhaps the largest true invisibility field I have ever seen.” He pauses thinking about Libertas’ thoughts on the black market, ”You have a solid idea about the Black Market. They might have enough ships like the Morose there that could pull it somewhere else. Having the black market owe you big time is not something small. You could always leave it I suppose and use it as your own. Or...” He glances down towards the city of Dweomer far below, ” You’ve heard of the Lords of Dweomer no? They might have the juice to get it moving but I doubt they would feel compelled to owe you. An egmatic trio I hear... Certainly a way to go but I would hold it in my back pocket.”
Markus finds Jude some new shoes
Markus while killin snake men comes across a pair of shoes in one of their back backs. He of course will not try them on but notices they might fit Jude, ” Das Jude. One of those bastardized Deebes has a pie of shoes on them zigned by zomeone called Kobe Bryant” He hands Jude a box withe a fancy swoosh. The instructions for the shoe operation are on the inside of the box.
Cantrell’s artifact red gauntlet
The black ooze that had joined further enhances the dispelling power of the item, even more than any that have come before. It gains a rate of fire 2 for its dispel power in addition to to +10 ppts selected.
The Captain comes over and extends a hand to both of you smiling a little dopey smile. It does seem weird that he is without his constant companion Mrs. Dee. ” Looks like you guys did it again. Nice job all around I think. If you have a wedding to head to I don’t see why we coukdn’t give you some R and R. I even know a tailor in Dweomer that owes you all a favor.”

He hands Cantrell a business card: Sons Fine Tailor 1123 Deveers Street. Suddenly Lucretia lunges at him with her psi blade extended. Her eyes are glowing bright purple as it seems like Jude’s puppet has finally worn off.

Lumpkiss stumbles backward tripping over a dead snake body. He screams,” Ack Lucretia what no!” Knight Zee Hail comes out of nowhere even before Cantrell can act and clocks Lucretia on the head with a nural mace dropping her unconscious before she can take the Captain’s life.

He gravely looks at Cantrell, ” What of Lucretia? We cannot let one of our own live like this. I can sense the dark magic within her and it... It must be extinguished.” His psi blade extends slightly wavering like his conviction as he turns to Lucretia moaning as if she is fighting something terrible in her battered dream.

Having finished talking to Libertas Diamond Clad rushes over with his hands up, ” Woa... Woa... Let’s not be too hasty. She can still be saved. My wife... She was like this once too. A mind melter, her husband Charles went as rouge as one can. It’s called mind slave. Victoria back in the old days had a lab up near St. Marie near those Great Lakes. She found a cure, at the cost perhaps of her own soul. I always thought it was strange she had a lab deep in coalition territory.”

Clearly the 13th’s work is never done. They have many decisions to make that will no doubt affect the balance of power in the Region. Ask any final questions or make any final plans the morose stand by or your own TK flyer can take you down to the city when so ready.
Libertas I might have missed what you were thinking for an item
If I did, sorry and post what you are thinking again.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

As they confer, Libertas takes one more check of the Table, ensuring that the 'lock' is stable, then removes his Father's Knife, still now the Valent Blade. He examines it along with the effect keeping the mountain aloft. "Huh. That's interesting." Then he nods to Diamond Clad. "I think Big Mickey is probably our best bet, but I value my ass just enough to double-check with the Boss--for all I know, she's always wanted a floating invisible mountain as a summer home or something, and I'd hate to disappoint a lady who can shoot both testicles off at half a klik." And thus he turns to Cantrell. "Hey, General, or whatever rank they've finally figured out you actually deserve, what would you say to contacting Big Mickey and having him come haul away this mountain? They need a new base, and he'd likely consider it a great favor--and you know Mickey and favors."

Once that matter is settled, he turns back to the rest of the discussion. He was a hair's breadth from attacking Zee Hail before Diamond Clad intervened and kept the idiot from striking down Lucretia. "So you're saying that to save Lucretia, we'll need to go into CS territory? Jude, where is the wedding being held? Diamond, how close is that to the lab site? If we can combine both trips, that'd probably be for the best. In the meantime, Captain Lumpkiss, I think we need to get Lucretia to a hospital, as fast as possible--meaning probably down in Dweomer--and have her put into a medical coma. The doctors can do therapy to keep her from suffering any long-term effects."
Valent Blade
In addtionl to the Father's Knife abilities, the Valent Blade also has the ability to slice space-time, creating a momentary 'rip' that he can step through (teleport Power).
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Captain Lumpkiss fumbles with some papers, getting up, ” Sorry Cantrell. Or should I say Lt. Cantrell.” He holds some papers signifying the increase in rank and pay.

Diamond frowns deeply wanting to help, ” I am not really sure where in Iron Heart territory her lab is, or if it is still even there. Rumors put it near Sault St. Marie.”
Map
EBA49D32-56B5-4652-A9E8-7EA894259E02.jpeg
Wedding
Well as luck would have it the wedding is in Sault St. Marie. Fate is just that kind of person when it comes to the 13th
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
Round 0

"Nine days until the wedding? Well, you better take me somewhere I can buy a dress first, Jude. Preferably one with some laser-resistant inserts, and maybe a built-in ion cannon," Cantrell said.

Jude looked over to Cantrell. “Oh, you don’t know, do you, Cantrell. No one wears clothes at a Maverick wedding.” He paused, watching Cantrell’s face intently, and then broke into a grin. “Just kidding. We’ll get you the perfect dress. You’ll look amazing,” he assured her. “Not as amazing as without it, of course…” he couldn’t help teasing.

Markus interrupted the bit of fun (just like Markus!) with some racist BS, but also a great pair of shoes. Jude read the instructions. “Oh. That is useful,” he commented. “Thanks, Markus.” He slipped the shoes into his pack to put on later.

Jude listened to Captain Lumkiss’ story. “Wait, the 77th? Isn’t that the team Alenys was put with? Are you sure she’s ready?” he asked with concern. “And hey, get one of those flowy open shirts. All the girls will love that scar.” He gave Lumkiss a wink. “How’s Miss Dee? Still pining for me?”

Then Lucretia went cray-cray again and was stopped by the cyber-knights and knocked out. “Damn it!” Jude sighed. “Much as I would love to keep Lucretia enslaved to my will forever, fanning me with palm fronds and feeding me grapes, I really don’t think that’s healthy. For either one of us.” He knelt down beside Lucretia and brushed back her hair. “If you think this hidden lab of Geists can help, we’ll take her there for sure. And you said it’s near Sault St. Marie? That’s where the wedding is. My uncle was in the Navy and settled down there after retiring with my cousin Cassandra. So we have a family cabin on the lake there. I wasn’t sure I should go, since, you know, wanted man. But I think Niki might we walking into something. I need to make sure she stays safe.”

Jude straightened up. “While we’re down in Dweomer getting all sartorial, I should get a disguise or something.”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"Lieutenant, huh? Let's hope it sticks better, this time," Cantrell says, pushing away memories of her time in the Coalition, her squad ... the orders she'd disobeyed. "And thank you, Captain. I hope we've lived up to expectations, despite the collateral damage."

Her brow knits as she considers what to do with Geist's mountain.

"Favors are handy, but giving this thing to the Black Market seems a little risky ... although not as risky as leaving it here for someone else to find," she says. "Tell you what, when you send the message to Mikey Danger, copy Akaidia, my, uh, dark-haired 'friend' you met back at Xenith Base. I trust the combined conscience of the pair of them better than either one alone."

"As for Lucretia, let's get her set up with whatever you've got on the Morose that will keep her sedated and secure. We can look for upgraded restraints when we head down to Dweomer to the tailor's. It sounds like we can kill two birds on our trip to St. Marie -- hit up the wedding and scope out Geist's lab for a cure. Assuming we can hitch a fast ride to Iron Heart, we should have time for both."

As she looks at her comrades, bloodstained and battle-weary, she wishes there was enough time for another break back at the Witchwell Inn ... but a shower and some new duds in Dweomer will have to do.

"Disguises all around are probably a good idea. With that long hair of yours, Jude, and a nice dress, we could probably make you into a passable damsel. Maybe dye Lib's hair black, go for a techno-magic goth thing. What do you think?"
Goth Lib
goth lib.jpg
Lady Jude
Lady Jude.jpg
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib blinks as he starts disassembling the Apparatus to get his goggle-lenses back.

"Take her with us? I was thinking go to Sault St. Marie, find the cure, and bring it back here to Dweomer, if we can get her set up securely. I figure they've got more resources for that sort of thing. But if you two are good with the idea of bringing her along, that's cool, too."

Then he nods in accord with Cantrell's plan for the mountain. "Sounds like a good option for hedging our bets. You've got her contact info, right?"

As the conversation moves on again, he considers that last proposal. "Disguises are a good idea. Um... is this going to be a 'state' affair, or even just a military wedding? Because with that many dogboys hanging around, you guys both have gear that would probably stand out, and even if I don't have anything on me, I'll still set 'em barking."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The wedding invitation Jude has is very nice, with an unexpected splash of color. No doubt something his sister would have favored. A small CS emblem on the back would indicate it is an official function. Which given the Maverick's prominent position in the CS hierarchy would make sense. Probably no Prosek or anything but some brass hats would not be unexpected.

@Jude Maverick
Dog Boys, Jude peak in here
You get to decide how your family might see dog boys and quite possibly decide how many dogboys you may encounter.

Gain 1 Benny: Your family likes dog boys quite a bit. They made their name in fact on the reach and development of the mutant program. They have no problem with dogboys, odds are they have a good amount. Both father and Mother even have a personal body guard that is a dog boy.

Even Steven: Your family does not mind them so probably there is just your standard assortment. Probably minimal amount at the party and Maybe [dice:3ussgfvr]52022:0[/dice:3ussgfvr] packs in and around the town.

Spend 1 benny: Your family does not necessarily dislike Dogboys, but you really don't remember many coming around your family. In fact if you think about it, when ever your mom came around for a visit orders came down for the dog boys to be on a training assignment. That being said your father has a dog boy body guard named Rawry that even if there are no dog boys, he will for sure be there. Loyal to the bitter end to your father, and missing an eye.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The crew of the Morose load up Lucretia, needing to slug her once more to knock her out again. They secure her best they can. Zee Hail approaches Cantrell, ” Lt. If I could be assigned to Lucretia for the time being. I would wish to help see her through this ordeal best I can.” He looks a bit uncomfortable admitting, ” In truth, I have been across the other side and dwelt in darkness. During the war I lost my way for a time.”

Max loads himself back up into the Morose saying over the comms, ” I’ll need Captain Gaiter to take me a bit west to contact Big Mikey. Pender contracted the captain for about a month so we should be back in plenty of time. Good luck Top Dog.” You can here a bit of sadness in his voice as he loads back into the Morose, ” I’ll try to get back myself. I got some unresolved issues that I got to deal with.”

The rest of the 13th, Flint, Marcus, Sir Merihk volunteer to stay behind and secure the table and mountain. Marcus chimes in with his racist reparte, ” Ma’m, with your permission I’d like us humans to keep watch over the control area. Don’t need any D-bees to drop it on someone.” Clearly he missed the memo that Geist was human. Flint just smiles like he is too old for this shit. Clearly he’ll be needed to baby sit Marcus.

Looks like the Morose has the TK flyer that Lib covets strapped to the bottom of the airship. With a 1/2 hour of work the crew deposits the flyer on the edge of the control area with its nose pointed down toward Dweomer. Sir Merikh laughs slightly as it teeters, ” Good luck folks, looks like its a straight drop down... Haha.” He shakes Libertas, Jude and Cantrell’s hand grinning at their presumed flight to Dweomer. ” Take care Lt., Jude, and Libertas. Its no easy feat what you are to attempt. But weddings are important.”

Last but not least Pender stands back up and walks over to the team. He hands Cantrell a cred ship, ” Legion pay. 38,730 creds on it I beleive...” He shuffles a bit unsure what to say, ” I wish we could send more folks with you, but going into the CS is probably best to go small. Anyways make sure you visit the tailor, the last message I got from him was a bit sad. I think he could do from seeing your friendly faces.”

Libertas
Holding the sword at the ready not only gives you the ability to teleport per the power but also cross vast distances like a ley line walker!
  • LEY LINE PHASING! this Edge may take a full round to concentrate (taking no other actions, not even free actions), and on the

next round they can teleport flawlessly to any other point along the same line. Though it costs no PPE, the Walker must make a Vigor check or suffer a Fatigue level (requiring four hours to recover). Each subsequent use of this ability imposes a cumulative −2 penalty to the Vigor check until the Walker has a full night's rest. Ley Line Phasing cannot be used to transport others, but see Ley Line Gate, below (Kn Arcana -4: this sword can be placed at a nexus for 24 hours soaking in the energy unlocking the ability for any character who keeps it take one more edge: Ley line gate(meeting all requirments other than having to be a leyline walker or shifter).)

Ok say your good byes we will hit the tailor in Dweomer in a couple of days (I’ll create a new post so if you want to RP here do it)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
TW Build [dice:akycr9fh]52220:0[/dice:akycr9fh] ACE [dice:akycr9fh]52220:1[/dice:akycr9fh]
Wild TW Build [dice:akycr9fh]52220:4[/dice:akycr9fh]
Create Entangle Device w/Raise; 22 PPE

Greater Entangle [dice:akycr9fh]52220:2[/dice:akycr9fh]
Wild TW [dice:akycr9fh]52220:5[/dice:akycr9fh] ACE [dice:akycr9fh]52220:3[/dice:akycr9fh]
Spend 4 PPE (17 remaining) to get Raise on Greater Entangle

With a Raise, Lucretia is entangled (cannot use any Strength- or Agility-based actions) and is at -4 on the roll to break free (which can be either Strength or Agility).

Speak Language [dice:akycr9fh]52220:6[/dice:akycr9fh]
Wild TW [dice:akycr9fh]52220:7[/dice:akycr9fh]

Exalted Boost Intimidate [dice:akycr9fh]52220:8[/dice:akycr9fh]
Wild TW [dice:akycr9fh]52220:9[/dice:akycr9fh]

Intimidate [dice:akycr9fh]52220:11[/dice:akycr9fh] ACE [dice:akycr9fh]52220:12[/dice:akycr9fh]
Wild Intimidate [dice:akycr9fh]52220:10[/dice:akycr9fh]

Speak language didn't do much for him (he was trying for the Raise to get his +2 to Intimidate), but the Greater Boost Trait works nicely here--Intimidate 14 on the poor schlub who is in charge of taking care of Lucretia.
Lib considers the Lucretia situation and quickly makes use of some of the parts of the Apparatus, creating a small whirlagig device. Motioning for the men loading her on the Morose to hold up a moment, he tells them to hold her off the gurney. He then triggers the device, which begins making a whirring noise as it starts sending out several small bola-like devices; the cords expand as they approach their target, firmly securing Lucretia's arms and legs, not quite cocooning her in cable.

"There. That won't hold her forever, but if she wakes up, she should be forced to struggle for a bit before breaking free, which will hopefully give whoever you post as her guards time to subdue her again." He pauses and looks at the men. "And to be clear--I said 'men', plural. She should always have at least two guards equipped with non-lethal weaponry standing by."

He pauses for a moment, and his voice changes to a gutteral, gravelly rasp. The tip of his staff glows with that eerie, eldritch light and he looks the leader of those men in the eyes. "Note--not, 'one guard who goes off to the drain the Neural Beast while the other stands watch'. If someone has to leave, they wait for their replacement to arrive, and then they can go. Shifts should overlap by a few minutes, so that at no point is her bedside ever monitored by less than two fully alert, on watch guards. Part of the reason for this is simply that she is smart and powerful and cunning, and if she comes to, and is not in her right mind, and there is only one guard present, I give her better than even odds of being able to overcome him before he can subdue her. And if that happens, when I get back, I will find the one responsible for breaking the protocol I outlined, and I will personally send him to a layer of Hell I carve out of existence on my own. If I have to, I will bring that sorry soul back from the dead to do it. I trust that I've made the matter clear."

Without giving the poor man a chance to reply, he turns around, walking away, and smiles at Cantrell and Jude as his normal voice returns. "Ready for the roller-coaster drop?" He hops into the Albatross' pilot-seat and waits for them to board.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"We'll be sure to tell Sono Klaus you said Hi, and see if we can't lift his spirits," Cantrell says, accepting the cred stick and clapping Pender on the shoulder as the 13th prepares to leave.

She smiles wide when Lib puts on his Dark Lord voice to drive home the importance of Lucretia's care.

"What he said. And if there are any problems, I'll make him bring you back a second time so I can get my licks in," she says, before nodding to Zee Hail. "Watch over her, knight. She'll need someone who understands the darkness to keep her focused on the light."

She tosses her pack into the TK Flyer's hold and straps in, wishing fondly for the gunnery turret on the Zone Ranger.

"It's too bad this thing doesn't mount a railgun ...," she says. "Guess we'll just have to play nice and not piss anyone off."

She's still laughing at her own joke when the Flyer drops out of the invisible mountain and begins the descent to Dweomer.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
Round 0

Jude smirked at Cantrell. “You think I haven’t done the lady routine before?” he teased back. “I’m pretty good at playing a woman. I understand them pretty well. I just think of a man, and then take away all reason and accountability.” He winked at Cantrell.

Jude considered Libertas’ concerns about dogboys. He turned the wedding invitation over in his hands. “Yeah, it looks to be pretty official,” he admitted. “My father ranks pretty high. Some of his big wig brass might be there, and likely some dogboys. Can you whip up a device to hide your magic stench, Goggles?” he asked, giving Lib a grin. “We’ll have to leave our magic gear behind. I’ll need to get some new armor,” he mused. “And a sword. I don’t know what the rules on weapons will be. Probably dress swords only, apart from security. Maybe a vibro-knife.”

Jude took his leave of the other former members of the Thirteenth. As they loaded up for the flight down to Dweomer, he commented, “We’re going to have to ditch the Flyer, too. Don’t want to attract a swarm of SAMAS. Might end up shooting my sister down again. That would ruin the wedding.”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib considers the issue of concealing his magical signal. "Yes and no. I could make such a device, and against any rank-and-file Dogboy's, I'd be able to pass scrutiny with no problem. And I'll need to use it on Cantrell, in any case--remember our nifty little Hell-tatts? But elites exist, and there it'd be more of a crapshoot--it'd be my skill against theirs, largely on even footing, especially since I won't have the staff with me." He sighs. "And I'm gonna have to wear something that will cover my tail. That's gonna be a pain--it's hard as hell to balance when it's strapped down like that. I think to not be thrown off and keep it hidden, I'd have to, um... well, what you guys were talking about for Jude."
Some comments
https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-r ... eal-arcana

Here, Clint basically says, "Exalted Conceal Arcana trumps normal Detect Arcana." So yeah, if Lib sets up a device with Exalted Conceal, he's got several man-hours of run-time.

But... (and here, I have to kick myself for the possible risk of giving Jon ideas...) the site has an Edge, Power Mastery, that gives you the Mega-Power version of a single power. It was actually pretty much designed with both AB: Superpowers (SWD) and Dogboys and Psi-Stalkers in mind. It's likely that an 'elite' Dogboy (like, say, Jude's dad's personal bodyguard) would have that Edge, and thus Exalted Detect Arcana is available to him. And, of course, any Psionically active Dogboy with Master Psionics would also have EDA access.

So against him, it'd be his Notice (with, no doubt, both Alertness and his Scent bonus) vs. Lib's Techno-Wizardry, sans Staff. So it wouldn't surprise me to be a d12+4 vs. d12+4. So... as Lib says, crapshoot.

And yeah, if Lib's tail is strapped down, he's at -1 to all Agility rolls. Might be possible to stick him in a skirt to let it move around, even if he can't actually use it for extra actions.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell listens to the conversation about Dog Boys and magic auras, following along the general trend even if the specifics are above her head.

"What if instead of trying to mask our auras, we create a distraction?" she says. "Back when I was leading a squad, the Boys used to lose their minds when we got near a ley line, or raiding a warehouse where a bunch of magic had been done -- too many scents made their heads hurt, is what they said. Maybe we find a bunch of magic critters in Dweomer we could let loose at the venue, or put something in the water, so everything smells like magic."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib chuckles. "If this was a mission, I'd be all over that plan, Boss, but I'm pretty sure part of our goal here is to not create a ruckus. What with it being a wedding and all."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
Round 0

“I have to agree with Lib on that idea, Lieutenant,” Jude told Cantrell. “Someone would notice pretty quick if there was that much magic around, and it would either get cancelled, moved, or everyone would come loaded for bear. As it is, we want everyone to feel calm and safe. My presence is going to be enough trouble,” he admitted. “I am just praying they won’t think me stupid enough to walk into the lion’s den for my sister’s wedding and won’t be looking for me.” He grinned.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”