2.0 New Del Rio

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
9th April 110 PA
Late day


The oasis was very refreshing and after just a few short hours of rest you feel refreshed and ready to push on. You know you have to reach the city before dark or you will be locked out for the night. As the group pushed to make it in time not everything went well. There was obstacles, complications, and even some hidden treasure. But the team finally made it to the city a couple hours before dusk.


Write an interlude (Trek) about your trip down and earn 1 benny.
@Mad Moe = clubs
@Watcher = spades
@Vikon Athir = spades
@Persephone = diamonds you find $15k in gear
@Jethro Tewl = clubs
@Hero = Hearts


You have arrived in the city and cleared the gate. You have almost 2 hours till twilight. That should give you time to find a place to stay and some good food before the inns secure their doors for the night. The meeting is scheduled for tomorrow at noon in the market.


Ok it is time for everyone to roll.

You can make networking rolls to find vampires in the city
Yes the new sheriff has a bounty on the blood suckers.
Yes the new sheriff has a bounty on the blood suckers, but several city council members are on the take and trying to hinder the bounty program. There may even be hidden blood sucking dens in the city.


You can roll networking to find a place to stay.
You find a place that is only slightly over priced and no one is trying to kill you.
You find a clean little inn off the main path. The inn keeper is a sweet little old lady that absolutely adores you. She is very nice and bakes you all kinds of cookies and pies. When you look closer the inn is protected by a state of the art security system so no one messes with it or her.


Or you can roll to scout the market.
As you scout the market you can tell this is going to be a mess. The market will be crowed with people tomorrow. If anything goes wrong you will be at -2 trying to avoid hurting the civilians.
You find a decent over watch spot and think you can maintain good sight lines on the market but you don't see all the exits. You reduce the modifier to -1
You find a great spot for you and your team to set up. Clear sight lines on all exits and can clearly see anyone coming or going. You reduce the modifier to 0.


You may only perform one action above.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Watcher »

Feeling refreshed from @Jethro Tewl's power combined with the actual physical rest Watcher is ready to move on. No one was expecting the canyon. running miles in both directions from where they came to it. Watcher was impressed such a tiny creek could cut so deep and long in the ground.

Waiting while solutions were figured out Watcher eventually decided the best way was to combine his own impressive strength with the telekinetic powers of the team as they moved the vehicle across. most of the team could cross the canyon on their own without issues. But the vehicle was another matter, and the team was able to easily get the vehicle across the distance once working together.


Upon arriving at town Watcher thinks he would like to accompany the others on the trip looking for information and does not really care about a place to sleep. Confirming the rooms would be secured and his presence would be appropriate while looking for information he joins the street, displaying his amazing ability to fit in by turning into a soft skinned mortal.

Persuasion +0 support roll to finding information on vampires
Persuasion 1d4!! or 1d6!!: [3]+[2] = 5
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Interlude Notes
Hearts: Trek: How the party endured a trying hardship on the journey.
During the trip, while they were relatively close to a Ley Line, a Rift opened, disgorging a swarm of alien flying creatures--each about the size of a large seagull, with razor-sharp wings and long probiscus. Normally, the small creatures would've been no threat to the MDC armor of the vehicle, but some managed to wriggle their way into machinery after flying underneath, causing the truck to come to a dead stop as the swarm hovered around them.

The group's fighters then had to take up guard positions around the APC while Jethro Tewl had to squirm under the truck and repair the damage. By the time the repairs were done, most of the crew had minor cuts and were a bit light-headed from blood loss, but a bit of magical restoration did wonders.
Rooting out the Vamps' Roosts, CritFail!
Persuasion 1d10!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+3: [1]+3 = 4

The Rulian was popular as always in the taverns, bars and other drinking establishments of the town, telling tales and attempting to pry information out of his audience. "It's all well and good to say there's a bounty on Vampires, but doesn't that very fact suggest that there are, in fact, Vampires in town to be targets for the bounties?"

However, there is a downside of being an empath and going on a bar-crawl; namely, you're surrounded by people who are all seeking another drink. And it's so easy to just drink with them....

He is a bit chastened to wake in the morning; he's sure he learned something important, but he simply cannot remember what it was....
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

The oasis was a blessing for sure. Interestingly enough it happened to be out of the pathways of the roving wild vampires. JT took careful note as this was a rare find and he intended to use it in the future. Not a castle but certainly a refuge.

Noting everyone's condition as the team prepared to embark for New Del Rio, he was quite certain that all were fit, rested, and well.

*****

Traveling to New Del Rio required some concentrated navigation. JT gave directions to @Vikon Athir of places to avoid and landmarks to lookout for. Once he had to quickly direct him clear of a creek and another time watching out for a hidden ravine in the landscape.

What got really messy was when JT mentioned avoiding the protective canopy of some thickly growing and intertwined Ceiba trees during the heat of the day. JT got some looks from the team and he tried to explain that wild vampires are active in low or dim light. Pointing into the denseness of the trees, which were too many for a grove and too few for a forest, one could see that it was dark.

The vehicle had idled just long enough in one spot that the "residents" of the grove caming pouring out. JT swore, at least that is what the others assumed, as a swarm of wild vampires rushed the ATV. The battle was challenging, having to fight from one's seat. Cerbi could not get out because the doors and hatches were all blocked by bodies but he managed to bite faces and arms that got too close to the windows.

JT Boosted his fighting. Ghosted out of the ATV and dispatched the few vampires covering the hatch opposite the grove of trees. Once cleare he opened the hatch and proceeded to cover the exits of the team members that came out to fight.

It was a skirmish but the team managed to hold their own and put down the band of wild vampires.

While the others surveyed the vehicle and tended to each other medically, JT went to investigate the slain vampires. JT shook his head as he looked at the dead laying on the ground, "These vampires were young adults and recently turned at that. This isn't good."

"We need to be extra careful and attentive heading towards Rio and maybe even inside the city."

With no other means to save those turned into vampires, JT proceeded to torch the bodies. The boughs and braches of the trees made it impossible for sunlight to reach where they were. JT stood and tended the budding flames as the bodies burned and was the last to re-enter the ATV before it sped off towards Rio.

*****

Once into town, JT begins wandering off, looking for a place for the team to hang out for the night. He is careful not to acknowledge the vampires and ghouls he comes across while moving through the city. He just stays focused hoping he can locate the old woman's abode.

Persuasion d6
Charismatic
Persuasion 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild (Persuasion) 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

Hero wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 pm
The group's fighters then had to take up guard positions around the APC while Jethro Tewl had to squirm under the truck and repair the damage. By the time the repairs were done, most of the crew had minor cuts and were a bit light-headed from blood loss, but a bit of magical restoration did wonders.
Rooting out the Vamps' Roosts, CritFail!
Persuasion 1d10!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!+3: [1]+3 = 4

The Rulian was popular as always in the taverns, bars and other drinking establishments of the town, telling tales and attempting to pry information out of his audience. "It's all well and good to say there's a bounty on Vampires, but doesn't that very fact suggest that there are, in fact, Vampires in town to be targets for the bounties?"

However, there is a downside of being an empath and going on a bar-crawl; namely, you're surrounded by people who are all seeking another drink. And it's so easy to just drink with them....
Visible intoxicated @Hero had almost made it back to the inn they were staying at when he heard soft melodic voice from behind him. "So I hear you are looking for some vampires. Well you found some."

The form blurred as it moved faster than Hero could believe and 2 other shapes broke away from the shadows and all of the closed on him with deadly intent. The were fast and lethal and Hero knew that if he did not clear the fog from his head he was a dead man walking.

This is a Dangerous Quick encounter for Hero only. Since you rolled a critical failure you are at -2 and since there are 3 you are at -1 from gang up. Total penalties are -3. You may roll any skill that is appropriate to the scene including running for your life.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vela »

The city was...frustrating to try to work in for Vela. Though the novelty of it was interesting, that was also the problem. It was TOO interesting. Too many things to react to, or to attract attention. Particularly in the marketplace; a location that had been intentionally designed to make people look at everything, all at once. Even with the dulled senses of her human form, Vela found it kind of mentally exhausting to be around.

Even so, she stuck it out. It helped to think of the marketplace as a kind of...watering hole. All manner of creatures would come to it to drink. In the process they would interact with each other. Some would fight. Some would posture. Some would even just play together. From that angle, she started to be able to see the subtle patterns of how people moved through it. Where did they go, where did they avoid? As well, who did they avoid?

With a little effort she managed to hoist herself up one of the smaller haciendas adjoining the square, and from there get to a taller neighbor's roof. A high vantage point gave Vela a perfect place to watch the people and politics of the market square unfold.

Rolls: Scouting Market 5
Interlude 1d4: [2] = 2
Survival to scout market 1d8!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

Networking for a place to stay 5
Persuasion 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Charismatic free reroll
Persuasion 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny to reroll
Persuasion 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny to reroll
Persuasion 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
New Del Rio
9th April 110 PA
Late afternoon
Round 0

The rest of the trek to New Del Rio proved more eventful than Vikon wanted. The path to their destination was blocked by a herd of rhino buffalos ambling along the route. And it was mating season. Vikon popped the clutch and stalled the Mountaineer. So they had to fend off amorous and/or jealous rhino buffalos for an hour while they made repairs. When they were finally moving again, Vikon managed to back them off to go around the slow moving herd.

***

While Vikon wasn’t necessarily fond of cities, he nevertheless was fond of not driving. There were a few fender benders as they made their way through the streets of New Del Rio, but finally he was able to park and the team scattered to gather information, or find the party a place to stay for the night.

Vikon started asking around about a safe inn to stay in. It took him a while, but he was directed to The Sergeant of Waterloo. It seemed to Vikon a bit overpriced, but safe enough.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 1/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Technospawn wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:38 pm
Visible intoxicated @Hero had almost made it back to the inn they were staying at when he heard soft melodic voice from behind him. "So I hear you are looking for some vampires. Well you found some."

The form blurred as it moved faster than Hero could believe and 2 other shapes broke away from the shadows and all of the closed on him with deadly intent. The were fast and lethal and Hero knew that if he did not clear the fog from his head he was a dead man walking.

This is a Dangerous Quick encounter for Hero only. Since you rolled a critical failure you are at -2 and since there are 3 you are at -1 from gang up. Total penalties are -3. You may roll any skill that is appropriate to the scene including running for your life.
OOC Comments
Combat!
Scene Penalty -2, Gang-up -1, net Fighting roll 1d12-2
Fighting 1d12!!-2: [10]-2 = 8
Wild Fighting 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Raise! Bad night to be a Vampire....
Cursing himself momentarily for the lapse, Hero quickly shakes off his doubts and takes up a defensive stance. "Three against one hardly seems fair. Are you sure you wouldn't like to get some more friends, first? I can wait if you'd like!" As he speaks, a deft turn of the wrist activates the subsonic hum triggering his attacker's rage-centers in their brains.

As they rush him, he simply smiles and, with a few deft strokes, rips them to shreds with the energy trident. The fight is over almost before it had begun, the trio of would-be assassins impaled by their own momentum. Laughing, Hero cries out, "Glorious victory!" He then adopts a triumphant stance, before strutting the rest of the way to the inn.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
11:30am


While yesterday had not been a total success, things had gone ok. @Jethro Tewl and @Vikon Athir has managed to find a safe place to stay. It was a little higher than the group expected but it was in a good part of town. @Hero and @Watcher had been unable to find the vamps lair but Hero did find some on his way back to the inn. He survived the encounter so that was good.

Hopefully today would go better. They were schedule to meet the contact at noon in the market. they had been told to look for an old human male wearing a red sombrero and blue serape. The pass phrase was "It is a terrible day for dragon lice." It was not clear how much intel the contact had but Chief Elle had made it clear the intel was critical to the success of the mission.

As the team arrived in the market it was utter chaos. People were packed tight in the space, surging from stall to stall haggling over the wares. The was going to be very difficult to get the contact and get clear of the market if any of the other teams were here. It was a good thing @Vela had scouted the market out yesterday.


Ok this is the first team vs team objective.
This is a Dramatic Task.
You need 12 tokens in 2 rounds.
If no teams gets 12 tokens the contact is taken by the vamps.
Each round will be 1 week.

Modifiers
  • Everyone is at -2 due to the number of civilians in the market.
  • @Vela's scouting gives her team a +1
  • Total scene modifier is -1 after scouting. This is adjusted by your card below.


Cards
  • I will roll 1d56 for each of your cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
  • 1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers and will add +2 to your roll.
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs and add a -2 complication to the task (excepting 4 which is a joker).


Outcome
  • The first team to 12 tokens wins. They get the critical intel and all team members get Conviction. Remember the contact is a retired legionnaire so the FOM and CS teams will have to include a write up of how they get the intel from the contact.
  • Any team with 8 or more tokens get partial intel. Include in your write up how you got the intel.
  • Any Crit Failure will cause a wound to an ally or a market goer.


    Mad Moe 1d56: [49] = 49
    Vela 1d56: [44] = 44 CLUB
    Watcher 1d56: [28] = 28 CLUB
    Vikon 1d56: [22] = 22
    Persephone 1d56: [49] = 49
    Jethro Tewl 1d56: [49] = 49
    Hero 1d56: [44] = 44 CLUB
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Raise, +2 Tokens w/ Persuasion
Persuasion to chat up the locals and find the contact.
-1 Scene, -2 Club, base 1d10+3, 2 free rerolls (Charismatic, Linguistic Savant)
Persuasion 1d10!!: [9] = 9
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Charismatic
Persuasion 1d10!!: [9] = 9
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Linguistic Savant
Persuasion 1d10!!: [9] = 9
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [1] = 1
9 it is. Raise, +2 Tokens.
"Excuse me, sir! I've been hired by a young woman seeking to find her grandfather. He is old, and a bit... touched, you see. He wandered off from the family estate wearing a blue sarape and red sombrero. He was last seen coming this way. If he is found safely, the family will be most grateful, you understand? Perhaps you have seen someone matching this description?"

The gambit is repeated often, and in some ways the crowd density actually helps him. If the person he approached doesn't know anything, sometimes another standing nearby overhears, and offers some intel. Any useful clue is radioed to the rest of the group.
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

While she was scouting the route for the vehicle, to indicate the path best to take she was, of course, using her stone sensing to make sure that the ground would hold them. It wouldn't due to have them sink into a sand trap before they even get there. So she had them dodge a few. Along the way she noticed several stones in the ground that were worth the effort to scoop up with her magic including a nice sapphire that she didn't have. She floated them into the vehicle through the window as they continued along. Several back-ups made their way into pockets and the sapphire was fused into her staff once they stopped the vehicle.


Then it was time to look for vampires. She opened her senses as she traveled through the city.
OOC Comments
Using Detect Arcana to boost her Notice of Vampires (gives free reroll)

Detect Arcana 1d10!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5

Notice 1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7

Free Reroll Notice 1d4!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

Persephone begins on foot but quickly realizes that this is not going to go well and she runs her hand over the clear zircon on her staff and lifts into the air and zips along at a brisk pace as she watched the crowd below for the contact. Cerbie follows along weaving through the crowd watching her for a signal that tells him who to stop.

Raise, 2 tokens
(Spellcasting is 1d10+1 then -2 for bonus on gem magic)
SPELLCASTING 1d10!!-1: [7]-1 = 6
WILD 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1

Roll @ +2 from Cerberus Raise in support. Final total 8 = Raise.

Clear Zircon: 2 PPE
Fly
Range: Self; Duration: 5
Success/Raise: Fly Pace 12"/24", no Run
BONUS: Success/Raise: Pace 24"/48", no Run


Cerberus Notice 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Cerberus Wild 1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13
Last edited by Persephone on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

Athletics 5; 1 success
-2 difficulty, +1 scouting, +1 climbing
Athletics 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
11:30 AM
Round 1

Red sombrero. Blue serape. Those might be pretty common. Together, less so, but still not unusual. There were too many people in the market, though. They needed a better vantage point, a lookout.

Forgoing simply asking people, Vikon found a stout pillar holding up a porch. He scampered up it, then onto the rooftops surrounding the market, until he found a vantage that had a good view of the entire area, using a pair of binoculars and his radio to keep in touch with the others if he spotted anyone matching the description.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 1/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vela »

Vela takes to the roofs again, slinking from shadow to shadow in her feline form, avoiding attention while taking advantage of her sharper senses. Occasionally she spots a likely suspect, but on shifting human to get better color perception, it's never quite right. Still, the hunting and the stalking continues and there is a thrill to it even if it won't end with the crunch of bones and the taste of blood. This time.

Rolls: Notice 4, 1 success
Notice (total modifier +2 -3 = -1) 1d6!! 1d6!!: [5]+[1] = 6
Spending bonus benny 1d6!! 1d6!!: [2]+[3] = 5
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
12:01pm


The contact was a no show. As you frantically scan the market there is a commotion at the other end of the market. With no time to plan you begin to act. You have to move quickly or lose the contact and that valuable intel.

You team is currently 8 cards away from the contact. You can take any of the normal chase actions. Everyone is on foot, the market is too crowded for vehicles. The scene modifier is also -2 to all actions because of the crowd. Anyone on overwatch or flying does not suffer the -2 as long as they do not try to move into the crowd. You can only move the contact as a team so the team gets one movement roll. I will deal action cards but they are to determine complications and edges only, they do not affect posting order so do not wait. Anyone trying to run or flee is also at -2 from running. Each member will need to flee if they want to escape. Anyone that fails is potential captured.

Mad Moe 1d56: [42] = 42
Vela 1d56: [23] = 23
Watcher 1d56: [19] = 19
Vikon 1d56: [28] = 28 CLUBS
Eric 1d56: [43] = 43
Persephone 1d56: [44] = 44 CLUBS
Jethro 1d56: [8] = 8 CLUBS
Hero 1d56: [51] = 51
Chase 1.PNG
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

Spellcasting 7 plus one from Hero is a RAISE
(1d10+1 base roll and +2 from Cerbie)
Spellcasting 1d10!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!+3: [1]+3 = 4

Cerbie Speed 1d10-2: [9]-2 = 7
Cerbie Wild Die 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild Die ace(oops) 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8 4+8=12

Benny for new card: 1d56: [39] = 39
The wolf howls in an effort to clear enough space to run toward the commotion that he hears. Persephone flies in that direction as well.
Last edited by Persephone on Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

JT had been late to the meet. And the confusion he notices upon arrival leaves him wishing that he had stayed at the hacienda.

He is able to spot various members of the team moving but he is uncertain if they are coming or going.

Getting down and into the thick of things, JT begins making his way through the crowd trying to follow the others through the Market. Without Ghosting , JT finds himself getting bumped and justled and finally finds himself laying prone on the ground. Rolling under the flooring of the stall, JT finally ghosts and begins skirting the edges of the market trying to follow the other team members towards the contact.
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

+1 Support to everyone in group other than Self; Advance 1 card
Intimidate w/Rabble Rouser to Support all PCs who start on this card:
Intimidate 1d10!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Intimidate 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
-2 Scene Penalty means no luck, there.
Free Re-Roll, this time with penalty factored in:
Intimidate Reroll 1d10!!-1: [6]-1 = 5
Wild Intimidate Re-roll 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Success: +1 to rest of group

Free Action to try to Change Position myself (-2 Scene Penalty)
Athletics 1d4!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5
Wild Athletics 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Success, advance one card to Jack Hearts
Hero, seeing how far they are from the target, bellows at the teeming throng. "Make a hole!!" The subtle empathic push he gives is just enough to get the crowd to start moving aside--while there's still people obstructing his allies, he's managed to thin them out a bit.

He then charges forward himself, with a modicum of success.
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

Free Action Maneuver Complication 3; Fail, so he is Bumped
-2 Diamonds, -2 scene, +2 overwatch, +1 support
Athletics 1d8!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Benny to reroll
Athletics 1d8!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Action Change Position 13, so he returns to his start
-2 scene, +2 overwatch, +1 support, +2 action
Athletics 1d8!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Wild 1d8!!+3: [10!!]+3 = 13
New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
12:01 AM
Round 1

Vikon noted the contact clear across the market from him. It was going to take him a while to reach there, and some of the buildings between them were a bit farther apart. Still, the young man was on on a sprint over the rooftops.

Vikon missed the first broad jump, but managed to catch himself on a rope that was spread with clothes. He grunted as he hit the building he had jumped from, and then climbed back to the roof.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Watcher »

Watcher snaps out of his distraction. Then leaps into the air flying towards the target more interested in disrupting the other teams than making it there himself. He lets out an earth shattering roar, filling everyone in the area with fear. Well everyone not already allied with him.


Change Position as an Action Athletics 1d4!! or 1d6!! +2 for using action.: [3]+[7!!] = 10

@Technospawn Can fear be used as a 2 Token penalty on the enemies?
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vela »

When she realizes it's gone south, Vela leaves her vantage point on the roof overlooking the marketplace and gives chase. Her gait devours the rooftop, sending the odd tiles skating down to plink down on the ground. At the edge she simply leaps without slowing down, unthinkingly confident in her ability to cross the gap. On the far side Vela lands on all fours, gallops awkwardly for a step and then rolls up onto her feet and resumes.

Once away from the market and the crowd she vaults down from the roofs continues the chase on the street level. For the moment she stays human, feeling that shifting to her jaguar form would be an effective surprise move should things start getting away from her.

Rolls: Athletics 11, 1 benny spent
Athletics (Acrobatics) 1d8!! 1d8!! 1d6!! -2: [7]+[5]+[4] = 16

Benny 1d8!! 1d6!!: [13!!]+[2] = 15
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
12:05pm


OK sorry guys I do not see a viable way to make the chase scene work and keep everyone "happy". We will save chases for players vs mobs and not player vs player.

Once the contact was grabbed you began pursuit immediately and as you scrambled to get close you chaos erupts. @Watcher roars and then a cyborg opened with his rail guns. The market was in chaos. Ahead of you, you see the people with the contact scramble back out of the alley they had just ducked down very quickly and the contact is not with them.
Anyone that can sense vampires can tell the alley is loaded with them. In fact several alleys are loaded with them.


The chase is over. This is a Dangerous Quick Encounter to get clear of the city.
You are all spread out form the chase so you will need to take one of the following actions:
  1. Roll notice at -4 (due to chaos and crowd) to find the rest of the team and regroup. Once regrouped one of the team will have to make the survival roll at -2 to get clear of the city.
  2. Roll Survival at -2 (unfamiliar with the city layout) to get clear of the city. Flyers ignore the -2 because they can see over the city.
  3. Roll stealth at -2 (actively looking for you) to go to ground and hide till the chaos ends and try and sneak out later.

You can roll to support the rolls above but this will incur a MAP. The MAP will apply to all rolls you make this turn.
  1. Roll battle to help regroup the team.
  2. Roll an attack to slow down the vampires and their thralls.

GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

JT taps his comms, "Heads up we got blood suckers en mass. Looks like they got to the contact first."

Having been to New Del Rio, several times before joining the Legion for this mission, JT opts out of trying to lead and gather the team. He does however, gather some clothes from nearby and does his best to
Hindrance - Driven;
Hindrance - Wanted (Vampires);

Underworld & Black Ops (14) - +1 to Stealth for disguises;
Scene Modifier -2
Stealth d6 - 1;

SUPPORT
Disguise Power (1 ISP)
Major Psionic (4 ISP) +2
MAP -2
Psionics d8
.

Stealth 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild (Stealth) 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Benny to Reroll
Elan +2
Stealth 1d6+1
Stealth 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Wild (Stealth) 1d6!!+1: [10!!]+1 = 11


Psionics 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild (Psionics) 1d6!!: [4] = 4
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

Survival 1; Fail
-2 difficulty, +1 compass
Survival 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
12:05 PM
Round 0

Vikon felt a headache starting. He didn’t like cities. He found them a bit overwhelming. The mission to talk to the contact had gone south, and now it was time to clear out before the authorities dealt with them.

Vikon pulled out his compass and looked over the unfamiliar city, trying to find his way out. Inevitably, however, he found himself lost.

OOC: Out of bennies, so no reroll.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

Benny to @Vikon Athir (5 Remaining)

JT moved expertly through the congestion. Weaving and dodging what would appear to normal people as coincedances.

As he neared Vikon, he recognized the look of being lost.

"Vikon, climb the stalls to the rooftops."

Patting Vikon on the left shoulder, JT pointed to a lower roofed stall selling small potted cacti.

Then he was off and after the alley and the contact.
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

Common Bond reroll for Survival 4; 1 success!
-2 difficulty, +1 compass
Survival 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Wild 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
12:10 PM
Round 0

Vikon looked over to see JT. “The roofs, yes. Gracias, amigo,” he said, determined to try again. He scrambled up to the roof and looked across the city once more.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments
Starting Bennies 4/3

Stealth 1d4!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Stealth 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Failure = 1 Wound

Spend a Benny to Soak:
Vigor 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Wild Vigor 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wound soaked.
Bennies 3/3
Hero gnashes his teeth in frustration at the loss of the contact, but there's clearly no time to dawdle contemplating the most recent failure. Retreat and regroup is obviously the order of the day, and as scattered as they all are, that seems the better order of operations. Over the comms, he replies to JT, "Understood. Meet you all at the rendezvous point."

He attempts to sneak out, but really, that was never going to happen--he simply stands out too much in his battle-armor. Still, he just has to fight his way past a small number of Vampires to actually get clear. He comes out of the fight mussed but unscathed.
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Watcher »

Annoyed at the whole turn of things Watcher spins around looking for his team mates. Frustrated as they all seemed to have disappeared in the crowd he begins searching. Finding it laughable as his search is twice interrupted by either guards or bandits, he could not tell which and did not care, began shooting at him and rambling something he did not listen too.

The overall experience as they finally came together was a little frustrating. He was tired, grumpy and he even thought maybe this was what hunger felt like, because he wanted to bite someone.

Notice to find the team Notice 1d6!!-4 or Wild 1d6!!-4: [11!!]-4+[2]-4 = 5
I do not even have Survival :( Survival 1d4!!-2 or Wild 1d6!!-2: [13!!]-2+[2]-2 = 11
Stealth 1d4!! or Wild 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

OOC Comments
Stealth 1d4: [1] = 1 (Plus 2 for Armor, -2 for scene penalty)
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3


Cerbie Stealth 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [8!!]-2 = 6

Persephone Soak 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

The idea of hiding from vampires is really at odds with her desire to attack them and rid the world of their menace. Her cloak doesn't hide her nearly well enough and she finds herself Wounded in the attack but is quickly able to shake it off.

Cerbie manages to hide as a normal dog but being battered from all sides by a crowd that is going crazy left the poor wolf fatigued by the time he made it clear to the rendezvous point. He sat there panting as he waited for his mistress.
Last edited by Persephone on Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vela »

As the pressure increased, Vela was forced to abandon the rooftops and take to the streets, trying to use the passerbys and obstacles to outpace her pursuers. The streets of New Del Rio helped in that regard, with their lack of urban planning. The city was full of blind turns and waggling, hodgepodge roads that made a kind of maze. It wasn't too hard to lose the chase in that maze...but it was easy to get lost.

And, as it turned out, the vampires had the home turf advantage.

Vela whirled around a corner, already scanning rooftops and planning to get up high to find a way out. Where she'd expected a roadway though there was instead a cul de sac. A cul de sac that rapidly filled with gleaming red eyes.

She bared her fangs, and flexed her fingers to extend her talons. They had outmaneuvered her. That didn't mean it would go well for them.

Unearthly howls raised up as the vampires charged from all directions, met with Vela's defiant roar.

Rolls
Survival 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Benny
1d8!! or 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6

Meh...wound, I guess. It'll heal
Last edited by Vela on Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
2:00pm


They had missed the contact and now the team was scattered and in combat. @Watcher was flustered. Why didn't the vampires respect his power and awesomeness? Why did someone else try to kidnap the contact? Did people not respect the power of the all power Sphinxes? HE would ponder this questions and others but now he need to regroup his team and try to figure out what intel the contact had. He had managed to round up most of them but @Vela was still missing. He has seen her take a nasty plasma burn to the leg but then she disappeared. He comms clicked to life and he received a message. "I have sent you some help. @Epic Eric Acy was on a mission nearby and I have asked him to join your team. He has your comms frequency and should be contacting you shortly."

@Vikon Athir looked
1 fatigue
but everyone else seemed ok. So @Watcher told them his plan to find Vela then get clear of the city. They would need to be careful, not only were the CS and FOM still out there someone, the vamps were actively hunting them.

Narratively explain how you regroup the team and then get clear of the city. No rolls this time.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

Jethro Tewl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 pm Benny to @Vikon Athir (5 Remaining)

JT moved expertly through the congestion. Weaving and dodging what would appear to normal people as coincedances.

As he neared Vikon, he recognized the look of being lost.

"Vikon, climb the stalls to the rooftops."

Patting Vikon on the left shoulder, JT pointed to a lower roofed stall selling small potted cacti.

Then he was off and after the alley and the contact.
JT could not leave anyone in the clutches of any vampire, and was unaware of any other communication to let him know to rendevous with the team. He was still trying to track down the contact while in ghost form.
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
14:00
Round 0

Vikon stumbled across the rest of the team just outside of town and collapsed, breathing heavily from his trip through the city, worn out. He pulled out his canteen to take a long drink, then used his powers to siphon water from the air to refill it.

“So what’s our play now?” Vikon asked.

***

Fatigue -1
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Hero rejoins the others via a bit of luck--he spots Cerbie, and follows the wolf, figuring the animal knows his mistress, and from there, the rest of them can link up. It works, more or less, and as the great beast goes to sit by Persephone, Hero sits and contemplates their current state.

He considers Vikon's query. "We would seem to have two general options--try to follow one of the other groups to see if we can determine where they are going, or we can simply strike out towards, and then along, the Tonto River, and perhaps we can find the Temple directly. Given that it triggered a Nexus storm, it seems likely to me that the Temple is a pyramid--in which case, we have one advantage over those Cee-Ess curs." Here, he nods to the Stone Master.

"From the briefing, I recall that the Tonto runs to the Gulf of Mexico. I think our best bet, if we want to take this approach, would be to hire passage by boat--down the Rio, along the coast to the mouth of the Tonto. It is almost certain to be both faster, and less prone to constant interruption from Vampires and their minions that way. Of course, the Gulf has its own dangers, but we would hopefully stay fairly close to the coastline. Of course, we would need to find someone we can trust, and we would need to find some means to pay them."
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Watcher »

Hero wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:17 am Hero rejoins the others via a bit of luck--he spots Cerbie, and follows the wolf, figuring the animal knows his mistress, and from there, the rest of them can link up. It works, more or less, and as the great beast goes to sit by Persephone, Hero sits and contemplates their current state.

He considers Vikon's query. "We would seem to have two general options--try to follow one of the other groups to see if we can determine where they are going, or we can simply strike out towards, and then along, the Tonto River, and perhaps we can find the Temple directly. Given that it triggered a Nexus storm, it seems likely to me that the Temple is a pyramid--in which case, we have one advantage over those Cee-Ess curs." Here, he nods to the Stone Master.

"From the briefing, I recall that the Tonto runs to the Gulf of Mexico. I think our best bet, if we want to take this approach, would be to hire passage by boat--down the Rio, along the coast to the mouth of the Tonto. It is almost certain to be both faster, and less prone to constant interruption from Vampires and their minions that way. Of course, the Gulf has its own dangers, but we would hopefully stay fairly close to the coastline. Of course, we would need to find someone we can trust, and we would need to find some means to pay them."
Listening to Hero lay out his two options Watcher focuses on the second. "Well, doesn't that sound wonderful? Could we perhaps beat them there?" Obviously his mind was already invested iin the idea and he was ready to go.

"What supplies would we need to begin, or are we ready now?"
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Hero clears his throat. "There is one other matter. I have been contacted by someone who knows me, here. I do not know how trustworthy he is, but I may be able to get some intel out of him. If you are all willing to allow me to take the risk, I will meet with him and see what he has to offer. I do not think he will show up if anyone else is too close, however."
Explanation
There was a post I missed since I'm not in the CS game; Mr. Marvin left a message for Hero. This is part of mutually agreed backstory. Jon tipped me off about the post, so I'm retrospectively inserting it here.
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
14:00
Round 0

“We know this…temple is along the Tonto River?” Vikon asked. “That does seem perhaps our best bet of getting ahead of the others,” he agreed. “How much time would meeting your contact take?”

Vikon thought a water trip excellent. Perhaps he could help them along.

***

Fatigue -1
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Vikon Athir wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:11 am New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
14:00
Round 0

“We know this…temple is along the Tonto River?” Vikon asked. “That does seem perhaps our best bet of getting ahead of the others,” he agreed. “How much time would meeting your contact take?”

Vikon thought a water trip excellent. Perhaps he could help them along.

***

Fatigue -1
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
Hero shakes his head @Vikon Athir. "It should not take long, at all--an hour most, including getting to the rendesvous and back. I could probably do the meet in the time it will take the rest of you to gather supplies for the journey."
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

"Your contact? He likely to see the unseen?"

"I still feel the interested parties will track us regardless of boat or on land."

"You make the call. I can see about securing the transport."
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

Persephone listened and considered. "I do agree that going toward the temple directly seems to be our best bet right now. If meeting your contact shouldn't take long I see no reason for you not to do it." She nods at Hero.


She scratches the wolf's head while she speaks. The fatigued wolf yawns and then lays down to wait while they speak.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Jethro Tewl
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Jethro Tewl »

Persephone wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:20 am Persephone listened and considered. "I do agree that going toward the temple directly seems to be our best bet right now. If meeting your contact shouldn't take long I see no reason for you not to do it." She nods at Hero.


She scratches the wolf's head while she speaks. The fatigued wolf yawns and then lays down to wait while they speak.
Seeing the wolf lay down at @Persephone's feet, JT wanders over. "May I pet Cerebus in his condition?"

Without waiting for the okay, JT begins to rub the wolf on his side then moves to his head and front legs then back to the sides and then finishes rubbing the wolf near his tail end.

Relief 1 Fatigue
Psionics 1d8
Wild (Psionics) 1d6
Relief 1 ISP
Major Psionic +2/4 ISP

Psionics 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild (Psionics) 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

Jethro Tewl wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:56 pm
Seeing the wolf lay down at Persephone's feet, JT wanders over. "May I pet Cerebus in his condition?"

Without waiting for Persephone, he begins to rub the wolf on his side then moves to his head and front legs then back to the sides and then finishes rubbing the wolf near his tail end.

Relief 1 Fatigue
Psionics 1d8
Wild (Psionics) 1d6
Relief 1 ISP
Major Psionic +2/4 ISP

Psionics 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild (Psionics) 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
She raises an eyebrow when he doesn't wait for the reply. But since he is helping her companion she just shakes her head. The wolf lifts his head when touched initially but the looks at Persephone and lays his head back down. When @Jethro Tewl finishes, Cerbie licks his hand.
"You really should wait for a reply before acting, if only to keep your fingers intact." She sounds more amused than annoyed though.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
6:00pm


It was late in the day by the time the team had regathered back at the inn. @Hero had headed off to his meeting and the rest were talking plans and what supplies they would need. With as many vamps as been out during the day today, tonight was going to be a rough one. The city guard was in for a hard time.

The team needed to decide if they would hunker down for the night and then leave first thing in the morning or should they leave now and try and put some distance behind them. No one was sure if their location had been compromised. If it was could they defend this rustic little inn?

RP your planning and narrate your decisions
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vikon Athir »

New Del Rio
10th April 110 PA
6 PM
Round 0

“If we leave, it means another night camping out in the wilderness, unless we want to be all crammed up together in the Mountaineer,” Vikon said. “We would rest more comfortably here. There are four solid walls, and if necessary we could find a large room to bed down in together. Fortify it even more, either as a fall back, or as our camp for the night. We’ve got running water, and a market full of garlic sellers and silver.”

***

Fatigue -1
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Vela »

"We should go."

The voice came from a nearby window, which was open now. Vela dropped down through it onto the floor, then reached up to close it behind her. She had what looked like a nasty set of gouges clawed into her left shoulder and part of her arm, but was otherwise hale enough. She twirled a finger around to indicate the room the team was in.

"This place, they will know it. They will come all at once. If we go, some might track us, but I think most will stay here where the food is easier. They are upset because we are in their place. If we go, they will not care about us as much. Hunger. Curiousness." The werecat shrugs.

"So, we go. Follow the river so we have water at hand. Find a place we can see them coming."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Watcher »

Watcher thinks to himself he likes the plan of staying near water. But something deep in him bristles at the idea of running from anything less than a Master Vampire. He knows he would not be able to protect everyone though and accents to the plans being laid out. Offering a few flat questions with little insight attached those who know him could tell he was bugged by the idea of avoiding the fight.
User avatar
Persephone
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Persephone »

"There could be 4 solid walls regardless. Though soft beds, plumbing and shopping would be a tad hard to come by."

She considers for a moment. "I suppose we could take mattresses with us for the beds. Strap them to the top of the Mountaineer. Shoppong we could do before leaving. Not sure I can manage plumbing but I could make a pit deep enough that a temporary shelter should be without smells."
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 20/22 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 2/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 2.0 New Del Rio

Post by Hero »

Hero returns from his rendesvous with the Psi-Stalker, Mister Marvin.

"I feel I should at least present you all with another option--I have an... associate within the group that managed to beat us to the Contact in the marketplace. He has proposed our two groups team up, traveling together. He sidestepped the question of who would get the artifact at the end, however. I know he has helped me in the past, but I cannot know his allegiance on this. My advice--we go our own way for now, but if it appears that neither group will succeed alone, we keep their offer in mind for the future."

He pauses. "As for our immediate plans--I suggest traveling as swiftly as possible. Every night of delay is another night of potential distraction. The issue of four walls and a latrine have been addressed by Persephone, and I concur with Vela's tactical assessment."
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”