3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post Reply
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

New Del Rio
11th April 110 PA
6:00am


@Hero Please post here what you want to tell the group about your meeting.

Everyone else please react to Hero's post then decide what you are doing. We need to do it quickly so I can get you back on track with the other teams.

You have no direct evidence they are CS so please play that way.
New Del Rio
11th April 110 PA
6:00pm

They had set off early the next day but had made little progress. There were no passable roads heading into the kingdoms. There was just desert and arroyos and some arroyos were deep enough to have surprises waiting in the bottom of them. So far there had not been anything they could not handle. Everything in old Mexico wanted to kill them. There would be no help and no respite here. There had been a few hit and run skirmishes along the way. Now they were out in the open and the sun was setting fast.


Pick 1 of the following actions

Driving - Only one person can roll
The desert is rough terrain. Roll driving -2.
* Crit Fail - You drive in circles and end up dropping into an arroyo with a nest in it. The atv is damaged and you will a dramatic task to fix it while being attacked.
* Failure - you get lost and make finding a camp hard. The survival roll is -1
* Success - you make it to the camp with only minor problems. Take "Bumps and Bruises"
* Raise - you are awesome. You navigated the terrain with ease and made camp with no problem. You also found a hidden cache with 4 eclips.

Finding a camp for the night - Only one person can roll this
Since it is getting dark and you are in unfamiliar territory to find a suitable camp is a survival roll at -2. This can be offset with any appropriate equipment or powers.
* Crit Fail - You stumble into a nest of vampires in a cave. You take 2 wounds as they attack you. You will have a running combat to fight you way through the nest until you can climb back out. You also burn through double ammo or PP getting out.
* Failure - you can not find a good camp and everyone is forced to sleep in the ATV. Since it is so cramped you do not get any sleep and everyone takes 1 fatigue.
* Success - you find an ok camp but no water. You get some sleep but must use your own supplies.
* Raise - you are awesome. You find an hidden oasis. It is safe and you get some good sleep. There is also clean water here.

Supporting the above actions
You can support one of the above actions. Support rolls are only -1.


New Del Rio
11th April 110 PA
Noon

You set out the night before knowing the inn was going to be overrun. You do not know what happened to the inn or even what happened in town. What you do know is you were hound relentlessly by the vamps most of the night. Every time you set camp you were discovered and attacked. By the time the sun was coming up he had gotten very little sleep. Breaking camp the last time you had taken off again down river. Most of you are tired and cracking. As the sun reaches its apex you just want to get more sleep. You make a decision to stop and camp for a few hours while the sun is high. Maybe you will be safe.


Pick 1 of the following actions

Driving - Only one person can roll
The desert is rough terrain. Roll driving -2.
* Crit Fail - You drive in circles and end up dropping into an arroyo with a nest in it. The atv is damaged and you will a dramatic task to fix it while being attacked.
* Failure - you get lost and make finding a camp hard. The survival roll is -1
* Success - you make it to the camp with only minor problems. Take "Bumps and Bruises"
* Raise - you are awesome. You navigated the terrain with ease and made camp with no problem. You also found a hidden cache with 4 eclips.

Finding a camp for the night - Only one person can roll this
Since it is getting dark and you are in unfamiliar territory to find a suitable camp is a survival roll at -2. This can be offset with any appropriate equipment or powers.
* Crit Fail - You stumble into a nest of vampires in a cave. You take 2 wounds as they attack you. You will have a running combat to fight you way through the nest until you can climb back out. You also burn through double ammo or PP getting out.
* Failure - you can not find a good camp and everyone is forced to sleep in the ATV. Since it is so cramped you do not get any sleep and everyone takes 1 fatigue.
* Success - you find an ok camp but no water. You get some sleep but must use your own supplies.
* Raise - you are awesome. You find an hidden oasis. It is safe and you get some good sleep. There is also clean water here.

Supporting the above actions
You can support one of the above actions. Support rolls are only -1.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

Hero returns from his rendesvous with the Psi-Stalker, Mister Marvin.

"I feel I should at least present you all with another option--I have an... associate within the group that managed to beat us to the Contact in the marketplace. He has proposed our two groups team up, traveling together. He sidestepped the question of who would get the artifact at the end, however. I know he has helped me in the past, but I cannot know his allegiance on this. My advice--we go our own way for now, but if it appears that neither group will succeed alone, we keep their offer in mind for the future."

He pauses. "As for our immediate plans--I suggest traveling as swiftly as possible. Every night of delay is another night of potential distraction. The issue of four walls and a latrine have been addressed by Persephone, and I concur with Vela's tactical assessment."
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

If they beat us to the contact would they allow us to get the information from them by traveling together? It might not be comfortable and we shouldn't trust them fully but I think access to our contact might be worth it."

Cerberus takes the time to rest while the group is talking.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Vikon Athir »

New Del Rio
11th April 110 PA
Mid-Day
Round 0

“Who are they? Why would they help us?” Vikon asked. “If they wouldn’t let us get the contact, can we trust them? We may be sleeping with one eye open. But…they would know where we are going then,” he mused. “We are just guessing, and hoping to get lucky.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, deflection, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam, Air
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

A new voice emerges from the door, a voice whose somewhat exasperated nasal tenor doesn't match the hulking battle armor from which it is thrown, but after a moment you realize the individual's stature doesn't really, either, "Well if those following you have as difficult a time finding you as I did, you should be safe. But I never was one for tracking, either."

(vaguely gestures to himself) "It's Eric--just assigned here-- and from what I've seen, I'll vote with whomever advocates getting out of this place as fast as is possible. Also, though you have no reason to trust me yet, I'm not sure we shouldn't allow those others you speak of to do the work for us, as it were. They know they have the shorter path so let them perhaps grow complacent in their advantage. If necessary, there should eventually be a chance to relieve them of it. But again, new guy so..." (trails off)

"We can talk more about what I do later."
ArznoExterminatorArmor.jpg
ArznoExterminatorArmor.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

She looks at Eric in his Power Armor and smirks. "I would guess that you shoot things," she remarks drily.

Trust, well, he hadn't arrived with the weird portal confluence but she doubted 3 days was enough to make the others a lot more trustworthy. Though JT had helped Cerberus a couple times, which did give him a few more points toward trust than the others. "I also would suppose that if you wanted us out of the way you would have shot at us rather than tried to join us." It's not like they have super juicy secrets to steal, after all.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Watcher »

Watcher was not sure he could trust anyone in the new team. But he especially did not think this new stranger was one to be trusted. "Can we trust anyone really? Perhaps even those with us would favor the Coalition when given a chance?"

Stretching his front paw out to relieve an ache building in it he finally says. "Wouldn't we need to work together if we are to keep this from the others who would use it for evil? If so, then would it not be better to share more information rather than keep back from the others a strength we may need to rely on in the field?" His words directed at @Epic Eric Acy after the comments about being told later.
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

Well first of all, I didn't suggest working together with those others, pointy, giant..wingED...catbeast. I was suggesting it is easier to watch someone when they're in front of you rather than sneaking up behind you, because I'm assuming y'all are going to watch them regardless. You know, "watching" being the operating word here, if you know how to waaatch...er, maybe not.

Second, if you want to drop all talk of a plan and talk about me instead, we can do that I suppose but then I wonder if I'm in the correct outfit. If you meant me with that Coalition talk, this armor's got dirt on it, for one thing and See-esses don't visit the latrine without tandem wipers and a Psi-hound so sending me out by myself doesn't fit their M.O.

Oh and this
(holds up rifle, looks @Persephone) is just for show. But I guess more about me -- I'm a Capricorn and I like all sorts of sweet things. (pauses) Oh, sorry I actually meant sweet things. I wasn't... Nevermind. (sits down, begins peeling the wrapper from a chocolate bar)
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Watcher »

Watcher looks at Eric almost disinterested. "Why so defensive? Did someone say something that applied negatively to you?"
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Epic Eric Acy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Oh and this
(holds up rifle, looks Persephone) is just for show. But I guess more about me -- I'm a Capricorn and I like all sorts of sweet things. (pauses) Oh, sorry I actually meant sweet things. I wasn't... Nevermind. (sits down, begins peeling the wrapper from a chocolate bar)

"You carry a gun that size for show?" She asked skeptically.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

An armored helmet can't roll its eyes but for just a moment... The sigh and drooping shoulders before the explanation further illustrates Eric's lack of patience with apparently, any unnecessary attention sent his direction.

(mouth full of candy) Defenshive? You musht be new aroum here. I'm just differentiating myshelf fwom your ovewly-genewal and cleawly-mishattwibuted commentsh, O cwawed one.

Eric swallows and gives the slightest of pauses as if to speak unhindered but then, without breaking contact takes another large bite and continues talking. With the helmet partially open you can see a gray, somewhat-humanoid chin moving around in the shadow of the visor.

Ash you can she, Ah am embwazhoned wid a conshpicuoush abshence of shkuwlsh. (swallows, another bite, continues) Ah mean ah could exshpwain bettuh but ah lef my "know the Co-wlishin fwash cardsh" at home.
Watcher wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:01 am Watcher looks at Eric almost disinterested. "Why so defensive? Did someone say something that applied negatively to you?"
Maybe the voice is more tolerable with something impeding it?

He turns to Persephone.

You mean you fink a gun bwought for show should be a shmawl one? I shposhe vat wood show confidenshe at leasht. I am not a confidenm pershun, sho vayhre!

That exhortation caused a little dribble of chocolate to run down Eric's chin, which he excitedly scoops back into his mouth. Then a louder than normal, contented sigh as he swallows the last bite.

Ugh! Yeah...Anyone mind if I smoke?

That last question was obviously also for show as he begins rolling.
Persephone wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:04 pm
"You carry a gun that size for show?" She asked skeptically.
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening


The discussion with the new guy had been going on and off since last night. It had started up anew when all of a sudden the barge came to a sudden stop. The sudden stop threw some of the team to the deck (roll athletics to maintain your balance). As they standing rush out onto the deck they could see that the water in the river was gone. And worse there was a lot of movement on the shore and it was coming across the now dry river bed.

This is a Dangerous Quick Encounter and Dramatic Task.
Dramatic Task
Find out what is blocking the river and get the water flowing quickly. You have 2 rounds to get 20 tokens. Resolve this first. If you failed athletics above you are -2 on your first roll here.
Failure means they swarm the barge and burn it and crew. It also means they everyone will be Distracted for their DQE rolls. You are also out numbered and will be rolling at -2, this stacks with the distracted.
Success in 2 rounds means you are out number for the DQE and all rolls are at -2.
Success in 1 round means you cut most of them off and it is a even fight.

DQE
Several vamps and their thralls swarm the boat and begin feeding on you. Roll with the modifies above.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Athletics Failed, Occult 3 sux with support from Cerberus
Athletics 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Occult (1d10+4-2) 1d10!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Bennie
Occult 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Cerbie Notice 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Cerbie Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Spellcasting (1d10+1-2) 1d10!!-1: [11!!]-1 = 10
Wild 1d6!!-1: [11!!]-1 = 10

Persephone stumbles when the ferry runs aground. Then she rights herself and heads out and the wolf follows. She uses her senses to feel out the and with a couple nudges from Cerbie she is able to location the source of the blockage and begins to work to repair it by directing the water channel around the barrier and back into its rightful path. "Bloody vampires!" Her tone laced with a surprising amount of hatred. Well, surprising to those who don't know of the emnity between Vampires and True Atlanteans anyway.
Last edited by Persephone on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

Eric stumbles a bit, mainly because he doesn't use legs as often as some others might. He looks around, wondering what all the commotion is about and notices that the boat has run aground due to lack of water.

What the fern? he asks, and where'd all those mutant-looking guys come from anyway?

He pauses just for a moment as if awaiting a response, but then squints at the path where the water once was and sees a brightly-reflecting yet nearly-transparent wall holding it back.

Glass? They must be trying to make an aquarium but they should prolly make the walls thicker than an inch or so!

Eric reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small, wooden slingshot. He loads it with a small stone, aims and shoots at the barrier.
OOC Comments
Regardless of the barrier's actual appearance, Eric is convinced he sees it this way.

Athletics 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Benny reroll
Athletics 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

On the barrier, Dispel 1d12!!+3: [8]+3 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+3: [2]+3 = 5

Last edited by Epic Eric Acy on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

Athletics Success, 3 Tokens Round 1
Athletics 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5
Wild Athletics 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Success, no penalty to DT.

Dramatic Task:
Disrupt the caster's concentration with Taunt:
Powerful Presence +1, Trident +2, Two Free Re-rolls:
Taunt 1d10!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Humiliate Free Re-roll
Taunt 1d10!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
Linguistic Savant Free Re-Roll
Taunt 1d10!!+3: [9]+3 = 12
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
Hero readily stays upright when the ship runs aground, and immediately begins looking for the source of the river's disruption. Once the villain is pointed out, he cries out in a loud voice, brandishing the trident (and, in the process, adding a subvocal undercurrent to his shouts). "Mamón! Hijo de las mil putas! Que te folle un pez! Que te la pique un sanguijuela! " It might not be enough to break the caster's concentration completely, but the combined insult to the barrier-maker's mother, his own status as a mere 'suckling', and the rather crude declarations about his future fate all combine to make even a corpse's blood boil.
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Vikon Athir »

Athletics 5
Athletics 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Focus 5; 1 token
Focus 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening
Round 1

The barge jerked to a stop, and Vikon caught himself on some cargo netting to stay on his feet before rushing to the side of the boat to see what they had hit. The river had dried up! How had he not noticed this? And vampires and their minions were now in the river bed approaching the boat!

Vikon paused, taking a moment to center himself, eyes closed. He touched the core of his being, his connection to the elements, and then stretched out his senses to find the water. There. Upstream. Something…some magic was holding it back.

“There,” he told the others, pointing upstream.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, deflection, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam, Air
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening
Round 2


The barrier holding the water back became more obvious has sever people pointed it out. Other began throwing their power into collapsing the barrier and it was visibly weakening. The party would need to push harder and a little faster, several of the vamps where now in the channel and close to the barge.
1st round = 9 tokens.
Start Round 2.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

Hurm...not working. Better double up on the pebbles and use some extra-pointy ones this time."

FA Boost Psionics 1d12!!+3: [9]+3 = 12
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8

(+2 boost/-2MAP) Dispel 1d12!!+3: [20!!]+3 = 23
Wild 1d6!!+3: [4]+3 = 7

2nd activation Psionics 1d12!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8



Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Vikon Athir »

Break the barrier 5; 1 token
Faith 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening
Round 2

Vikon grunted. He pulled harder on the water and against the barrier, trying to shatter it. The caster must have been powerful, but was he as powerful as water, that could wear away a mountain?




***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, deflection, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam, Air
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Watcher »

13 for 3 Tokens
Break The Barrier Strength 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! With +3 to highest: [10]+[2] = 12
Watcher hates vampires, he really was starting to think they where the most annoying of all creatures. Ravaging the barrier his powerful claws and massive strength made easy work of the material.
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Occult 8, 2 Tokens
Occult 1d10!!+4: [2]+4 = 6 +2
Wild Die 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6 +2

With Cerbie keeping an eye on the vampires, Persephone focuses still on helping the water bypass the barrier. The mental focus and hatred of the things after them is apparent on her face. Still, she is but one person, she can only do so much.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

2 Tokens
Bennies: 4/3
Fighting 1d12!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Benny to Reroll
Fighting 1d12!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Eh, just a Raise

Hero, seeing his companions have the matter of the barrier in-hand, realizes that some of the Vamps are a bit faster than the others. He decides to show them why it isn't always good to be first--at least, not for his enemies! Leaping down into the riverbed, he makes certain that none of the front-runners make it to the boat; his silver-tipped trident's prongs lacerating one after another of the vicious beasts.
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening
Round 3


With a sound like peeling thunder the barrier collapses and the torrent of water being held back surges down the river. The torrent violently rushes down the river bed picking up debris. Several vamps and thralls have swarmed the boat and are making short work of any the crew that was dumb enough to stay topside. A lot of them are turning their attention to you.

This is a Dangerous Quick Encounter.
DQE
Several vamps and their thralls swarm the boat and begin feeding on you. Success on the dramatic task means you are out numbered for the DQE and all rolls are at -2.

@Hero since you are in the riverbed when the torrent of water comes rushing down you will need an evasion roll to avoid being caught in the flash flood.

Include in your post based you rolls how you survive the vamps and the wall of water slamming into the barge.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Persephone wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 am
Athletics Failed, Occult 3 sux with support from Cerberus
Athletics 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Occult (1d10+4-2) 1d10!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Bennie
Occult 1d10!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Cerbie Notice 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Cerbie Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Spellcasting (1d10+1-2) 1d10!!-1: [11!!]-1 = 10
Wild 1d6!!-1: [11!!]-1 = 10





Spellcasting Raise (roll above) DMG 8 PPE spent 9
Damage 3d6!!: [2, 2, 4] = 8
Ppe 3d6: [1, 6, 2] = 9
The moment the barrier falls, Persephone braces herself using her legs and staff to form a tripod. Cerberus uses the benefit of all 4 legs to keep himself from falling as well. Once stabilized, Persephone turns to the vermin swarming their boat and runs her thumb over one of the red gems as she glares at the vampires and sends a burst of fire in a coning out to sweep as many as she can.
Last edited by Persephone on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

As Eric begins floating, he no longer needs to stumble to regain footing but seems nevertheless a bit agitated for someone who is supposed to be a veteran agent.Gaah! Out of my face, bloodsuckers! (begins waving hands wildly toward any vamp near him)


The attempted effect is to push vamps overboard/into the water
Exalted Telekinesis Psionics 1d12!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4

ISP expenditure 3d6: [3, 2, 5] = 10
Last edited by Epic Eric Acy on Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments
Evasion 1d8!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Wild Agility 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1


Taunt 1d10!!+3: [9]+3 = 12
Wild Taunt 1d6!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Double-Raise!
Hero doesn't so much jump ahead of the wave, as he gets knocked back onto the deck by its force. Sure, the landing was less than gainly, but he does manage to get to his feet in time to see the Vampires harassing the crew.

Immediately, he sets his trident humming while releasing a string of invective and insults designed to instill mindless rage in even the most debased soul. As they react, coming at him in a maddened, heedless rush, he simply laughs and begins impaling, beheading or simply disemboweling them before kicking the bodies into the turbulent waters. As one after another of them falls, he cries out in Spanish, "Is that the best you can do? We should have let more of you get on board--you pathetic lot will barely even make me break a sweat!"
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Watcher »

Success, takes 1 fatigue
Fighting 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [6]+[2] = 8
As the barrier collapses Watcher's flight is interrupted. Several of the vampires having taken flight and then resumed their humanoid form as they landed on him. The stinging bites and claws of the half dozen monsters distracting him. Then in a rage Watcher dives into the water taking the vampires with him. However the combined force of the water was so much it sent him tumbling and rolling down the river. As he emerged he was enraged and let out a roar that could be head for miles and sent chills down the spines of those around him.
User avatar
Vikon Athir
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Vikon Athir »

Fighting 4
-2 difficulty, +2 Unarmed
Fighting 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening
Round 0

The water was freed, lifting the boat again, even as it was swarmed by vampires. Vikon centered himself, letting the power of the water flow through him as he fought back vampires.

***

Bumps and Bruises: Fatigue 1
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
PP: 15/15
Powers:, Blast, bolt, burst, damage field, deflection, detect arcana, environmental manipulation, environmental protection, protection
Variable Trappings: Water, Fire, Steam, Air
Pistol Ammo: 20/20
  • 2 x spare short clips 20 each
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Credits: 1700
Encumbrance: 42/60
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Stubborn
All Thumbs (Minor): All Thumbs inflicts a −2 penalty when using mechanical or electrical devices.
Channeling: Raise on a Power reduces its Power Point cost by 1. This can take it to 0.:
Danger Sense (in nature only)
Elemental Brotherhood: Fusionists can see and uncannily converse with all elemental entities, including spirits of light/dark, even if invisible. Such beings see them as brothers and will offer or request aid if needed, though they aren't suicidal.
Gifted: Can’t use TW gear
Natural Healing: While in nature, once per day. While at a life sign source, once per hour.
Primal Conduit: May Siphon Power Points from willing elemental beings or sources of their life sign (by Size) gaining the benefits of ley line proximity from sites of primal energy.
  • Double range and duration of powers.
  • Attack powers: +2 damage
  • Defensive powers: +1 Toughness
  • Double PP regained while resting.
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Rio Grande River
12th April 110 PA
Evening
Aftermath


The fight to clear the barge of the vamps was ugly and it was bloody. While some of the party like @Persephone escaped untouched. Others like @Mad Moe and @Jethro Tewl were gone when the fight was done. In the chaos no one is sure what happened. Did they just fall overboard or did the vamps get them. What everyone did know was they were tired. The fight was exhausting for most of them. The rest of the night down the river was uneventful, but the same could not be said about the next day.

As dawn broke and the sun slowly rose above the horizon the river sparkled in the red rays. Navigation was hard in this stretch this early in the morning because the river ran almost due east. That is why no one noticed it until the barge was picked up speed and began hurling done what should have been a lazy river.

Roll Notice
The river is moving much faster than normal and something ahead does not look right. It looks like the south bank has collapsed.

Read success first. The south bank of the river has collapsed and the river is diverting south. A giant chasm has opened and the river is rushing over a 30 feet high falls.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

Eric sees the speed of the barge accelerating and decides this is too fast for his taste, literally, as he grumbles while quickly inhaling yet another bite of chocolate so he can speak more clearly.

He floats over to a canvas tarp (barring that, his tent from his survival kit) and, muttering some arcane words, begins tying some rope knots through and around the corners, then fastening them securely to the stern of the craft. He then makes a few slices through the middle of the tarp and bunches it up into a more-projectable bundle.

Y'all grab onto something! he cries out as he prepares to toss the bundle over the rear of the boat... and seeing / hearing no objections he throws the drag chute overboard.




Notice 1d8!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Constructing a large makeshift drift sock
FA Boost Repair 1d12!!+3: [20!!]+3 = 23
Wild 1d6!!+3: [4]+3 = 7

Repair 1d8!!: [12!!] = 12
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Last edited by Epic Eric Acy on Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Watcher »

Watcher looks around the barge seeing there are too many for him to take all of them. "Which of your men are the weakest and should climb on my back?" He asks the captain to ensure as many are saved as possible. The heroes will do fine on their own, but the normal working men and women of the barge would need help.

Then speaking to the team. "Who else can ensure the safety of crew men?" He could carry four, maybe five at most.


Notice 1d6! or Wild 1d6!: [5]+[1] = 6
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Notice 10 and Spellcasting 5 (fly pace 24)
Notice 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Spellcasting 1d10!!-1: [6]-1 = 5 (1d10+1 then -2 for bonus part of spell)
Wild 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2

Benny +MAP

Spellcasting - Fly 1d10-1-2 for MAP 1d10!!-1: [6]-1 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
Spellcasting -Teleport 1d10!!-1: [9]-1 = 8
Wild 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Persephone curses in Atlantean. "We need to get off now! I can only carry one at a time. I can get one more person besides Cerberus. Be ready to be grabbed suddenly." The last part in response to who can carry the crew. Indeed she grabs the wolf and jumps into the air and flies him to land then vanishes only to reappear next to a crewman and grabs him.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Seeing the water beginning to rush towards the collapsed bank, Hero frowns--he should be fine in his armor, even if the ship capsizes, but the crew have no such advantage. He attempts to find a life-ring or other device, and tosses it to the nearest crewman who isn't being flown to safety. He also begins securing the other end of the rope about his own waist. "Hold on! If we go over, keep your grip on that end, and I can walk across the bottom of the river, while you float on top of it, until we get to shore!" It's not much, of course, but it will do for this.
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Vela »

Vela, lounging on the deck in her jaguar form to enjoy the sunlight, noticed the strange acceleration of the boat relatively quickly. The team started springing into action, and she transformed into her 'true' form, a humanoid jaguar-person. In that shape she could call upon the spirits of her ancestors, and ask for a boon of strength. Those on the boat had become, in a way, her territory...and she would save them if she could.

She felt the boon settle around her shoulders, gifting her already powerful muscles with a strength that was not merely flesh.

Then she glanced around the deck and selected two crewmembers that seemed like they'd have the most trouble swimming themselves, took hold of them, and kept a tight grip as she plunged off the side into the water.

Rolls: 12 notice, 5 spellcasting to Boost Trait (strength) so she can carry some peeps; strength now 1d12+1
Notice (+2 for hybrid form)
1d6!! 1d6!!: [4]+[10!!] = 14

Spellcasting for Boost Trait
1d8!! 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Rio Grande River
13th April 110 PA
Morning


When @Epic Eric Acy threw the sock over the aft, nothing happened. It seamed like hours when by and nothing happened. Then the sock unfurled and caught some water. As it caught more water it opened wider and the speed of the barge began to slow. Soon the sock was fully opened and the speed of the barge had been cut drastically. At the reduced speed you about 5 minutes before the barge will reach the collapse.

@Vela grabbed 2 people and jumped into the river. Instantly the current grabbed them and they shot past the barge. She swam towards the shore. Roll athletics to see if you can make it to shore.

@Watcher and @Persephone began flying people to the shore and coming back for more. It was a harrowing 5 minutes but they managed to get everyone off the barge. One of you needs to roll a d4. 1 = Half the people are on the south and half on the north banks. 2 = everyone in on the south bank. 3 = same as 1. 4 = everyone is the north bank.

@Watcher returns after all the crew is safe and offers @Hero a ride to shore.

Everyone is clear except maybe Vela.
With the drift sock slowing the barges plunge over the waterfall I will say it takes 1/2 damage.
Fall damage 3d6!!+3: [3, 5, 8!!]+3 = 19


The barge slowly rotated into the collapse and then went over the edge. Landing better than anyone thought it would. It landed with the keel down and a few minutes of watching it showed that it was not taking on water.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

1d4: [4] = 4 where is everyone
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Vela »

Vela transforms into her full jaguar form, finding it easier to swim that way, as well as offering a larger surface for her rescuees to grab onto. It's tiring work, dragging these extras along, but she fights through the current, wriggling and paddling towards the shore... Maybe it would have been easier just to let the ones that could fly pick everyone up, but no one achieved greatness standing aside when the need was great.

Rolls: Athletics 7
Athletics in kittyform
1d10!! 1d6!!: [4]+[7!!] = 11
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

Once the excitement has abated and only the roar of the water is a hindrance to listening, Eric's whiny voice soon annoyingly grates into earshot. Okay so banks don't collapse like that all on their lonesome. Wonder who/what is around that might be causing this? Doesn't seem like the vamps would want more moving water around.


Notice with Exalted Detect Arcana 1d8!!+6: [3]+6 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+6: [3]+6 = 9
add Presence Sense
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

Hero accepts the ride from @Watcher gratefully (though of course, the one he was prepared to serve as an anchor for is sent over, first, making Hero the last off the boat). He turns to Eric's comment. "Much of the water here will be lost to the desert sands; and downstream, it might dry out the river entirely, or at least make it easier to cross. Or perhaps it is just a means to waylay us here, hoping to catch us all ashore once night falls. The ship doesn't appear to be too damaged; may I suggest we should see about getting it, and the crew, back on the water as soon as possible?"
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Watcher »

Landing Watcher finds he has no questions for the moment as he lets those he was carrying disembark. For a moment he considers asking who would inspect the ship for defects, but he finds he is not nearly as interested in that as he is in resting. Sitting down he closes his eyes and decides to relax, if just for a moment.
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Teleporting and flying back and forth she continues until the last person is safe. Then she looks around and realizes gratefully that they are all together at least. "If we can repair it and keep it from sinking that would be great. Perhaps, some of us can investigate the cause while others repair the boat and a last group to keep watch for predators of any sort attempting to come after us?"
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Middle of the lake
13th April 110 PA
11:59pm


The group had verified the barge was mostly undamaged. A few dents but it still floated. They had reboarded and start floating down the massive lake. The day had been uneventful after that. As it started to get dark the crew had found a small cove to anchor in. The group was relaxing after dinner when @Hero noticed the high pitch whine of a twin turbine aircraft. After several minutes he was finally able to make out a Death's Head Transport flying across the lake. Suddenly the night sky was light up by a massive lightening bolt. The bolt was bigger than any the party had ever scene. The DHT was hit and knocked off course. As the DHT regained control, a SAMAS started to launch from the rear hatch. Before the SAMAS could get clear, a second bolt bigger than the first slammed into the DHT. The bolts caused both turbines to explode in a giant ball of the fire. The explosion took out the SAMAS and it began to plummet. A few seconds later the DHT went into a violent corkscrew and then nose dive into the lake. The already weakened structure shattered on impact.

No one knew what the hell was going on but it can't be good. You can take some actions and post them here. You can not leave the lake yet.

A few hours later @Watcher could hear chanting. It was getting louder. Please go to viewtopic.php?f=415&t=6854
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

"There are leylines and a nexus forming." she frowns in the direction of the nexus. "That would likely be the cause of what we just saw. I don't feel a pyramid nearby so this is something else. We must investigate as quickly as possible." she doesn't take her eyes off of the location of what she is sensing. "We must know how this is occuring, whether it is natural or whether those...things are causing it," she added, referring to the vampires.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by John Carter »

Persephone wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:21 pm
John Carter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm Meanwhile - John’s Perspective

“Legionaries, do you read me? This is John Carter. Been sent by Castle Refuge to join you. I should be about five miles from your position, assuming you guys were part of the fireworks that made whatever that thing was go away.”
"Those of us that are left are and do." She replies. "Along with our boat, we lost some members, I think. We're still kinda regrouping." She definitely sounds tired. Normally, she might be more doubtful of all the new people that keep joining their group this late but considering that they technically are still under truce from the battle she's more willing to accept that they aren't going to hurt them.
"Sorry for your losses," Jason says sincerely. He knows what it's like to lose comrades in arms. Wish we could have gotten there in time to help. Was part of a group dispatched as reinforcements when the Legion discovered some of your original team members ended up no where near your intended destination. By the way, Kai, Dalai Chuck and Eliza fa Rose are all okay. Dealing with another urgent matter they got caught up in right after they arrived in Colorado, otherwise they would have been resent, but okay. In any case, the same sort of Rift mishap must have happened to us because I arrived alone, nowhere near New Del Rio."

John almost asks about Eric, then catches himself. As far as his teammates are concerned he would have no way of knowing he's with them already. Mentioning that would have been a major blunder.

"You wouldn't have happened to run into any of the other reinforcements by any chance?" he asks instead. "I'm hoping I'm not the only one who managed to make it this far.
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 1/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Boating d4
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Middle of the lake
14th April 110 PA
Midday


The team had sorted out their wounded and dead. Now they needed to sort out their gear. The ATV had been on the barge so now it was on the bottom of the lake. It was airtight so it was probably ok but how to get it out of the lake. Walking would put them way behind. What were they to do?

This is a dramatic task. You can either recover your ATV or try and find another boat or barge that may have floated down the river when it changed course.

ATV recovery
Roll any skill that would narratively fit. The atv is hard to retrieve so modifier is -2. Need 8 tokens in 1 round.
Failure means the air seal is comprised and the ATV interior floods. This would be beyond repair in the field

Find new boat
Roll any skill that would narratively fit. Need 10 tokens in 1 round.
Failure means someone else wants your boat and you are attacked

Convince the FOM to let you ride with them
Strictly roll play but might work

Veal d56: [47] = 47
John Carter d56: [6] = 6
Eric d56: [42] = 42
Persephone d56: [39] = 39
Hero d56: [33] = 33

No clubs!!!
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Epic Eric Acy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Epic Eric Acy »

Eric suddenly remembers that he died in the mass battle. You know this as you hear him telling himself this as he floats away.
Current Bennies: 4/3
Current Credits: 4,000

Eric's Character Sheet
User avatar
Hero
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Hero »

OOC Comments
Strength 1d12!!: [8] = 8
Wild Strength 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Raise! Two Tokens!

Hero nods towards the lake. "On my way back from the depths, I did see the vehicle; I believe it is still airtight--we just need to get it to shore. An earthworks ramp should suffice, though it will likely need a push to get it right-side up and free from the muck at the lakebed. Vela, can you determine the best place to bring it ashore?" He turns to John. "I think we'll need you to drive. For one thing, you're the only one of us who can enter the van without a massive amount of water rushing inside."

Once the others have agreed to the plan, he makes his way back to the murky waters to his armor's servos to good use.
User avatar
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by John Carter »

OOC Comments
Focus 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild Focus 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Spend a Benny to reroll
Focus Reroll 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild Focus Reroll 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Spent 5 EP and a Benny to reroll the Critical Failure
Focus Reroll 1d10!!: [15!!] = 15
Wild Focus Reroll 1d6!!: [2] = 2
13 due to -2 MaP. That's a Success and two Raises for 3 tokens

Smarts 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild Smarts 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Failure due -2 MaP unless...
If Sig Item Approved Then Support Roll for John's Smarts roll From Tad
Persuasion 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Success and two Raises, which would give John +2, making his Smarts roll a success.

4 tokens total!
Hero wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:48 am Hero nods towards the lake. "On my way back from the depths, I did see the vehicle; I believe it is still airtight--we just need to get it to shore. An earthworks ramp should suffice, though it will likely need a push to get it right-side up and free from the muck at the lakebed. Vela, can you determine the best place to bring it ashore?" He turns to John. "I think we'll need you to drive. For one thing, you're the only one of us who can enter the van without a massive amount of water rushing inside."
"Yeah, should have no problem," John replies, keeping an eye out to make sure no Feds are close enough to overhear. "Might be a little rusty as far as driving is concerned but I'm sure it'll come back to me."

John is uncomfortable with having to disclose his mutant abilities but when he discovered the fate of their ATV he had no choice to reveal them to the team. His preference since arriving on Earth was to only reveal them to others if necessary, in order to have an ace in the hole just in case Coalition spies or bugs were around. But in this case circumstances made it necessary. The mission might not succeed if they didn't secure a vehicle as quickly as possible.

As he wades into the lake to do his part John reflects that it's a shame Eric isn't around to slip into the ATV and drive instead. The Grey's amulet enabling him to become intangible would have eliminated the necessity of John needing to share his own ability. But while his teammate managed to survive the battle with the monster, the experience of contacting the creature's mind somehow apparently broke him. He had wandered off into the wilderness babbling about being dead.

If it wasn't for the fact that Eric would be dangerous if antagonized coupled with the threats lurking in these lands John would have been tempted to chase after the alien and drag him back to the group. Not only for his own safety and the good of the mission but because the Nega Psychic might have provided a slim hope of a chance for getting home. Sure, he might have misplaced his ship before the apocalypse but there was always a chance he might have one day remembered where he parked. With Eric gone John has to search for other possibilities for a ride off the planet.

As John waits for Hero to upright the ATV so he can do his thing, he muses once again on the odd rarity of superhuman mutants on Earth. Back home, while not the majority, they are a significant chunk of the population. Heck, if you added them and the amount of psychics together, empowered individuals outnumbered baseline humanity in just about every space nation except the CAN Republic.

Yet on Earth, at least as far as he's seen, there are hardly any mutant superhumans to be found. Psionic humans are more prevalent but apparently not as big a fraction of the population as they are above. John wonders if the difference in demographics is just a quirk of probability or if there's a more sinister reason behind it.

Seeing Hero has completed his part, John sets his thoughts about the Earth's dearth of mutants aside to use his own mutant ability. He focuses on turning intangible as he rushes to enter the ATV.

WHAM!

John leans against the side of the ATV he slammed face first into for a couple of seconds, stunned by the unexpected impact.

Ow! That hurt!

THEN his intangibility kicks in, causing John to awkwardly tumble into the ATV's cab.

Ok, that could have gone better.

Once inside he returns to solidity and breaks out his phone to play a driving sim game. There isn't much need for actual driving on Freedom Station but driving games are pretty popular despite that. Or maybe because of that. In any case, they came in pretty handy when John first found the need to actually drive on Earth. As he waits for Persephone to create a ramp he plays his game to refamiliarize himself with the skill.
Only If John's TADAA Signature Item Is Approved
"Ok, you got this,"TAD says as John plays. "Driving is just like riding a bike, just faster and more potentially deadly. Once you've picked it up you never really forget it."

The encouragement of his AI assistant helps John shake off his recent pratfall and focus on the game.
Last edited by John Carter on Fri May 06, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 1/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Boating d4
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

Persephone doesn't wait for the others to begin her part. She tucks the stone staff in the corner of her neck and shoulder then waves her arms around as if Sculpting the mud in front of her. She pauses every so often to press it down, making the area more solid where the wet mud would have allowed the ATV to get stuck or for the ramp to collapse. She makes sure there are small walls on either side to keep the vehicle from driving off. She knows that they are not equipped with a professional driver so may as well make it as safe as possible.


2 tokens (raise)
Occult 1d10+2: [7]+2 = 9 (1d10+4-2)....oops...guess I should have checked discord first. It's technically at an 11 right now
Wild 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Cyrus Cyrillus
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Cyrus Cyrillus »

Per Technospawn, link to post in the Federation game helping you with the ATV: viewtopic.php?p=80481#p80481
Cyrus
Bennies: 3/3
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 24 (2)
Wounds 0/3
PPE: 19/29 (19+10)
Fatigue 0/2
User avatar
Grudge_Hagen
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Grudge_Hagen »

A somewhat restrained and nasally voice suddenly fills the coms. “Come in Legionaires. This is Analyst Hagen en route. Can you confirm your location? Over.”
Signature
Sabrick Vek, The Remorseless
Grudge Hagen, The Tomorrow Legion
User avatar
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by John Carter »

Grudge_Hagen wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:24 pm A somewhat restrained and nasally voice suddenly fills the coms. “Come in Legionaires. This is Analyst Hagen en route. Can you confirm your location? Over.”
Hearing a familiar voice over the secure Legion channel, John immediately replies.

"Hagen, it's Carter. Any of the others with you? Eric was here but he took off. His mind broke after contacting some monster telepathically. Anyway, I found the original team. We're all at the lake, along with some people from the Fed. Don't worry, we're all getting along at the moment. Nothing like a gigantic eldritch being from beyond to bring people together."
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 1/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Boating d4
User avatar
Grudge_Hagen
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Grudge_Hagen »

John Carter wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:27 pm
Grudge_Hagen wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:24 pm A somewhat restrained and nasally voice suddenly fills the coms. “Come in Legionaires. This is Analyst Hagen en route. Can you confirm your location? Over.”
Hearing a familiar voice over the secure Legion channel, John immediately replies.

"Hagen, it's Carter. Any of the others with you? Eric was here but he took off. His mind broke after contacting some monster telepathically. Anyway, I found the original team. We're all at the lake, along with some people from the Fed. Don't worry, we're all getting along at the moment. Nothing like a gigantic eldritch being from beyond to bring people together."
“Carter it is good to hear at least some of you are ok. I had readings of feds in the area and afraid you were captured. I did not see Eric. I was set to dispatch next week but when, whatever the hell that creature was entered the chat, they moved up my deployment. I am about a mile out. Will make contact soon. I can assist with whatever you guys need. See you soon.”


About 30 minutes later. You see Hagen emerge from the woods. He makes his way to John Carter. He extends his hand. “John, I am glad to see you made it. Can’t wait to meet the rest of the team. What can I do to help?” He is just a kid. Can’t be older than 22.
Image
Attachments
BA953324-319C-44A4-8D44-2E275FFBE0CF.jpeg
Signature
Sabrick Vek, The Remorseless
Grudge Hagen, The Tomorrow Legion
User avatar
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Persephone »

By human standards, she would appear to be somewhere in her 20s. But the tattoos give away her heritage as a True Atlantean to those who know such things, so it is hard to say how old she truly is. She leaves her longish blonde hair hanging loose and nods at the new guy. Another one. She is beginning to wonder if she should really get to know them. People keep vanishing from the team. She looks at the damp wolf with her then back at Grudge.

"Hello, I am Persephone. This is Cerberus." The wolf sits next to her then yawns showing off large canines.
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 17/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
User avatar
Grudge_Hagen
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Grudge_Hagen »

OOC Comments
I am going to take a little bit of literary license here if everyone is amenable. If not I can change it.
Grudge bows his head. “It is a pleasure to meet you. Grudge Hagen.” He kneels down and lets Cereberus sniff his hand. If he he seems amenable, he will scratch him behind his ear. As he does this he says looking up at Persephone “Don’t you worry, I plan on being here a while.” He smiles knowingly at her and turns his attention back to Cereberus.
Signature
Sabrick Vek, The Remorseless
Grudge Hagen, The Tomorrow Legion
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”