3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post Reply
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
11th April 110 PA
18:00 hours (6:00pm)


They had set off early the next day but had made little progress. There were no passable roads heading into the kingdoms. There was just desert and arroyos and some arroyos were deep enough to have surprises waiting in the bottom of them. So far there had not been anything they could not handle. Everything in old Mexico wanted to kill them. There would be no help and no respite here. There had been a few hit and run skirmishes along the way. Now they were out in the open and the sun was setting fast.


Pick 1 of the following actions

Driving - Only one person can roll
The desert is rough terrain. Roll driving -2.
* Crit Fail - You drive in circles and end up dropping into an arroyo with a nest in it. The atv is damaged and you will a dramatic task to fix it while being attacked.
* Failure - you get lost and make finding a camp hard. The survival roll is -1
* Success - you make it to the camp with only minor problems. Take "Bumps and Bruises"
* Raise - you are awesome. You navigated the terrain with ease and made camp with no problem. You also found a hidden cache with 4 eclips.

Finding a camp for the night - Only one person can roll this
Since it is getting dark and you are in unfamiliar territory to find a suitable camp is a survival roll at -2. This can be offset with any appropriate equipment or powers.
* Crit Fail - You stumble into a nest of vampires in a cave. You take 2 wounds as they attack you. You will have a running combat to fight you way through the nest until you can climb back out. You also burn through double ammo or PP getting out.
* Failure - you can not find a good camp and everyone is forced to sleep in the ATV. Since it is so cramped you do not get any sleep and everyone takes 1 fatigue.
* Success - you find an ok camp but no water. You get some sleep but must use your own supplies.
* Raise - you are awesome. You find an hidden oasis. It is safe and you get some good sleep. There is also clean water here.

Supporting the above actions
You can support one of the above actions. Support rolls are only -1.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


SSgt Grimes? Is that you?
SSgt Grimes? Is that you?
8313CEF3-74DF-4369-820E-F4A3C89BBD2E.jpeg (22.02 KiB) Viewed 8352 times

Henry… 1d8!!: [6] = 6 +2=8 Battle (Inspire)
1d6!!: [5] = 5

Driving (DV) 1d6!!: [5] = 5 -2 scene plus 2 from Henry = 5 a Success.

For now: Success - you make it to the camp with only minor problems. Take "Bumps and Bruises"

Was going to do Locate Camp then remembered no one but DV8 can drive. So scratch these rolls.
1d10!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
1d6!!: [5] = 5


DV8 has a 5 Driving, if anyone supports him (Henry did) we can try to get us the Raise results. Need a 8 for that. 3 away.


The Desert Moon

April 11 2396 (110 PA) Moon Phase

SSgt Grimes watched the desert in the rear view mirror of the ATV the CS were traveling in. He glanced up at the RedHawk above. Nice to have the cover from above. Looking forward he pointed out an obstacle in their path. No damn roads was annoying.

Thinking back to an hour ago, when they started to drive…

DV8 had handed him back his personal transponder - thankfully the combat robot hadn’t asked why it was told to hang onto it.

It hadn’t been the first time he had to off a fellow CS member, but it definitely left a bad taste in his mouth. Thankfully he’d pulled it off without anyone else being the wiser. [Refer to the Pie story if you’re lost]

As DV8 continued to drive across the expanse of the desert Grimes reflected the desert moon was useless tonight. He’d ordered DV to keep on the headlights. DV could see “in the dark” but Grimes didn’t trust the bot to drive without support.

Glancing back into the main cargo area where the others were he nodded and smiled at @Frida who had been looking towards him. Unsure if she noticed he frowned and looked back out the front window.

If Mason had managed to talk to her - his cover would be blown and undoubtedly the mission would have suffered. And what the hell was Marvin doing talking to Legion pukes? Grimes had no Intel on the former Juicer but suspected something was …. Off. Just who was @Marvin.

Breathing deep the Ranger ran his right hand through his hair and muttered: ”Go around the large puddle Dee, might be a hole.”

The ATV swerved and raced on.

“I really do wish I had some cherry pie.”

The Dyna Bot looked at the SSgt then back at the road. It was learning. It didn’t ask.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Runt
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Runt »

Runt ranges ahead, using his
Notice to Support Driving: +3 to Driving (12)
+2 Smell/Hearing; Psychic Sense; -1 Scene
Notice 1d8+1: [8]+1 = 9
Ace: 1d8!+9: [3]+9 = 12
to spot trouble. He knows danger could be around any corner, and his attention is hyperfocused on any scent or sound out of the ordinary. He reports in any obstacles that the Staff Sergeant or DV8 might need to avoid, but Runt is ready for any threat.

"It's quiet out here, Sarge," Runt radios @Henry, "Too quiet. I don't like it."

Runt, Dog Boy Mega-Juicer
Pace: 14(d8); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17(5); Burn: 7/8 (d6)
In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
,
The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
,
–2 to actions at 5″ (10 yards) or more distance.
,
The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.
,
This Edge allows Juicers to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
,
Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
,
Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2;
Bennies: 4/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Lars »

Runt wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 amRunt reports in any obstacles that the Staff Sergeant or DV8 might need to avoid, Runt is ready for any threat.
Thus puts DV8 at an eight for Driving. Success and a Raise.

So a Raise - you are awesome. You navigated the terrain with ease and made camp with no problem. You also found a hidden cache with 4 eclips.

@Technospawn
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »


Narratively explain how you regroup the team and then get clear of the city. No rolls this time. You won the first team vs. team so if @Frida or @Henry can give a rallying morale raising pep talk then everyone will get conviction.

Frida had occupied herself with treating @Runt's wounds after the errant dog boy had returned, scorched up and scarred as if he had gotten into a fight with a fusion reactor before coming out clean on the other side. She simply gave him a nod as he returned and reported in, falling asleep as she set about stitching up the wounds that his biocomp hadn’t already taken care of. It was easier said than done, as under his flesh was a tight knit tissue with a tensile strength durable enough to withstand the shock of an armor piercing missile, the organic material would constantly reknit itself every time she punctured it with the suture, requiring the use of diamond bladed tools to get the sterile threads through. The entire time Runt simply snored away as if Frida’s actions had barely any effect on him compared to what he had been through recently. A quick nap later and the dog boy had been ready to get up and scout again like an eager pup. They were truly remarkable creatures.

Leaving the driving and scouting to those who were more capable of it, Frida noted how the journey was likely to cause exhaustion among her troops given their relentless pace of travel, making preparations to treat them as well should it come to it. Still, it was just before it was time for someone to scout ahead to find and ideal camping site and now seemed a good a time as any to pass on the information to the others before they ended up splitting up in all directions once again.

As they gathered around her outside of the APC, Frida took off her helmet as her tangled mop of blonde hair lay over her face, brushing aside enough to be able to see the others with her organic eye. Addressing them as best she could... Which ended up being very much like a robot reading off a point form list. Henry could swear he had heard DV8 have more personality in its voice than the Lieutenant at times.

Regarding the new encryption codes and the occurrence at New Del Rio. I have evidence to support that the transmission we received was not from Colonel Lyboc. The range of radio signals makes it a physical improbability that it would have reached him within the time frame. The short burst unpolarized waves are hampered by the atmospheric permeability and permittivity such that...”

Frida paused as she heard the Sergeant loudly clear his throat, causing a long awkward silence to fill the air before she gave it another attempt. ”... His... distance.. from us, makes it so news would not reach him until a minimum of 3 days, even with a dedicated courier rushing towards the nearest transmission tower in Odessa with an audio recording.” She looked over at @Henry again for confirmation as he gave her a small nod. It wasn’t perfect but it probably got the point across.

”His message did not accurately reflect events, so the other possibility that he had been secretly following us was also improbable. As you may have inferred from my reply to the speaker, I suspect it was an impersonator who had access to our encryption codes with the intent to place us off guard.” She let the information sink in as she observed the reactions of the others for a moment before continuing. The lieutenant seemed to be more focused on properly articulating the words to be concerned with showing any other emotion that would come with the speech.

Anyone with the Science or Healing skill, or having the Streetwise edge might notice Frida’s dilated pupils indicating that she was high as a kite right now, her tranquilizers working to full effect.

”The new codes cut us off entirely from high command until our return. Communication with them at this distance is not feasible regardless, so will have little effect on our mission. But...” She pauses again to drop perhaps the most important point. ”It is a judgment call on good faith reasoning, but one I might be court marshalled for on our return if a panel disagrees. As you are following my orders you will be not held accountable if this happens. Log this indication in your comm-pads if you are called upon to report.” She wasn’t sure if that was exactly reassuring to them, but at least they had a recording of it to hold them blameless... Still She had heard of the shady side of CS military politics, and there was always a risk that Lyboc or one of his enemies might decide to make an example of her team in order to spin the propaganda in their favour.

”From here on we are Jade Eagle company registered out of Los Alamo, even if others we encounter may suspect our true origin or insist upon knowing us, this is what we report if asked. Do not trust anyone reporting to be a friendly that is not in our deployment instructions. End of report.”

The terse finish left another long silence as everyone simply stared at her. A HUD popped up on her cybernetic eye, displaying to her vision an alert from the Coalition Basic Properties of Leadership manual. When completing a difficult objective successfully, an inspiring speech should be performed by the highest ranking member or their second to ensure continued morale of Coalition soldiers. This will allow them to remain an effective fighting force for successive missions. Should the positive affirmations prove to be unsuccessful, consider performing a summary execution on the most poorly performing member as an alternative method.

Opening her mouth, she paused in place once again as fear gripped Frida and closed up her throat in on itself. Giving a status report was one thing, but inspiring people with a speech...? How did.. How did people do that? She thought to herself before giving a long slow exhale and giving it her best attempt. She was a Coalition officer, she could do this!

”Regarding how you all did at New Del Rio...You are all not dead, including Runt. This is... Good. Additionally we were successful. This is also good.”

As if on queue, the sounds of crickets chirping filled the air, being the only response she received from her “pep talk”. For a brief moment, Frida wondered if it was too late to try the other option the manual suggested, before shaking her head of that idea.
Last edited by Frida on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Narratively explain how you regroup the team and then get clear of the city. No rolls this time. You won the first team vs. team so if @Frida or @Henry can give a rallying morale raising pep talk then everyone will get conviction.

Anyone with the Science or Healing skill, or having the Streetwise edge might notice Frida’s dilated pupils indicating that she was high as a kite right now, her tranquilizers working to full effect.

Science 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Henry rubs his temples as the lieutenant speaks. When she finishes up with several mentions of: This is Good…. He groans.

This is good.

Sure. Ugh. Ok.


The lieutenant states:

“Okay … Jade Eagle! We are on track and all set for winning this mission…”


Henry sighs.

When lieutenant Frida nods as if she just gave the ultimate speech, Grimes watches her walk away. Looking at the assembled troops he again sighs.

”Do not get the wrong idea you apes. I am proud of you. I am putting you all in for recommendations of bravery. You will get metals and accolades upon our return to the CS city.

You done gud.

But I want better! We have have security issues from day one. Watch yourselves and watch each other!

We are Force Recon One! Act like it. I trust each of you. Trust me. We are doing well. Now we need to carry on.”


Henry continues with some inspiring words and harsh senior sergeant wisdom.

Afterwards it’s obvious to the rest that both the lieutenant and top sergeant are pleased with everyone’s work.


Everyone please take Conviction!
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

Who am I? Wetwork? Adopted son to A sweet family living in Iron Heart? Lyboc’s lapdog? Just a soldier making the world better All good questions. After handing Grimes an un poisoned corner piece of the last of Cherry Pie in New Del Rio the psi stalker smiled getting comfy in the vehicle. He spoke measured and easy like, “Who am I? Who. Am. I…” He chewed on the words, “Who are any of us?” Rhetorical, but it was all he had. “That is the question. Adopted son of a baker. An almost man. Servant of the Coalition…” He rambled, and winked at Frida. ”A lover…. Of pie. Who I am…. Am I who.” He handed her a note and leaned in his seat trying to find the most comfortable spot.
Note to Frida
My contacts seemed uncomfortable in aiding us. Although I suspect we may see them again before to long.
The terrain ahead looked a bit rough. Grimes was blathering on compromising our code name again. Time to get a job done.. The former juicer opened the door of the vehicle and whistled. Soon a horse appeared running along side. A majestic black steed a reflection of the dark sky above. He looked at his compatriots in the vehicle clutching his helm in his hand. The wind bristled over his bald head. “Who am I? I am the one that gets the job done.” He looked at Grimes, “I am here to kill someone, anyone who gets in our way.” He smiled then jumped out of the door onto his horse into the darkness scouting the way. Perhaps the wrong way…

Hours later he radio’d the vehicle, ”Its rough terrain out here. Lots of vamps everywhere. Not sure if there is going to be a good spot to settle for the night.”
Survival 1d8!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

”That doesn’t.... That doesn’t make any sense” Frida mumbled out after @Mr. Marvin departed on his horse. ”Corporal, you--” Frida cut herself short as the mysterious psi-stalker got on his horse and rode off. ”Mr. Marvin.” She called out again in a monotone voice as she climbed out of the back of the APC to run after him. ”Mr. Marvin.” She called out again, this time trying her comms over the new frequency.

The small form of the Lieutenant ran after him on foot, the others distracted by @Sgt Grimes somewhat more inspiring speech to notice that their commanding officer had left on her own unattended. In all fairness however, having the brass simply wander off was not exactly what any of them could have reasonably expected to happen at this time. Even though it wasn’t exactly unheard of for someone in charge to get an idea in their heads that they could handle a situation better themselves, only to screw it up much later while leaving a colossal mess for the troops to clean up afterwards.

This wasn’t exactly the case for Frida however, as she was simply chasing after Mr. Marvin to get a more appropriate answer from him with narrow minded focus, in truth she hadn’t even realized that she had gone that far away from the parked vehicle and subsequently become lost. The desert winds over the darkening sky creating a thin wall of dust that clouded the nearby area, requiring constant need for her to wipe off the front of her helmet as she continued her pursuit.

”Corporal, your answer is unsatisfactory, it lacks clarity and does not explain the situation.” The Lieutenant called out again over the comms. The nearby winds causing those back at the APC to hear nothing but static from her direction, though the wayward psi-stalker might be mentally rolling his eyes at this very moment as he alone hears Frida relentlessly calling out to him. Didn’t she know that it wasn’t polite to pry and that his answers were supposed to be evasive?? Any idiot should be able to realize that!

She continued to race through the sand in the direction she felt was most reasonable. Where had Mr. Marvin gotten a horse anyway? How was it able to keep up with them for such a great distance and why was it doing that? Hadn’t it been there during the leyline storm as well? ”Corporal Marvin, report. Please provide details as to your contacts mentioned in the note. Your reply only repeated my own questions in a broader sense and took the discussion to the realm of philosophical context. I was requesting specific inclusions as to your redacted profile and your exact purpose beyond that of the listed tasking descri---”

Her words were once again cut off mid sentence, this time due to the fact that she had tripped over a pile of loose rocks that she had missed, the tumble causing her slip and fall forward down a sloped hill that
Survival to Support Survival: +1 to Survival (4)
-2 to Unskilled Attempt
-1 Scene
Survival 1d4!-3: [4!, 3]-3 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!-3: [3]-3 = 0
.

After laying there still for several moments, Frida carefully rose to her feet and looked around the area while dusting herself off. She had landed in a small ravine only 20 or so feet deep that seemed to be completely hidden from sight due to the natural formation of rocks making it appear from the outside to be a pile of rubble. It wasn’t perfect but they could get the APC down there as well and it would likely be safe enough to last the night, even if they had to use their own supplies.

Reaching into her pack, she pulled out a flare gun and shot it upwards overhead, signalling to the psi-stalker ex-juicer that she had found something interesting.

When Marvin arrived at the site she had found; possibly somewhat surprised she had found it, she takes off her helmet once more to ask him another question. Looking at him directly as she turns off her comms so the others wouldn't accidentally overhear now that the small dust storm had settled. "Why does Lyboc want you dead?" The unexpected question coming from her then, her face showing that usual expressionless stare that she held when under the influence of her medication.

+1 Support to Mr. Marvin's Survival roll changes the result to a success.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
11th April 110 PA
18:00 hours (6:00pm)


The ravine made for an ok camp. It was out of the damn constant desert wind that howled all night long, grating you until your nerves were raw. It was also defendable with only 2 entry points. But the ravine was narrow and let in no light. Without the moon the darkness was deep and anything could be hiding in the shadows.

Camping will be a dramatic task. You hear things passing you in the night up in the desert above. Lets see if any of them come visit. Remember vamps have no heat so thermal will not work. Roll an appropriate skill. Success means you make it through the night and get the needed rest. Failure means you were attacked at least once. You all get a wound and must roll vigor to see if you get a fatigue from lack of sleep.
You have 2 rounds to get 20 tokens.


Initiative
I will roll 1d56 for each of your cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
  • 1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).
Dice rolls
Klanker 1d54: [20] = 20
Grimes 1d54: [33] = 33
Marvin 1d54: [31] = 31
Runt 1d54: [39] = 39
Checkers 1d54: [50] = 50
Bishop 1d54: [34] = 34
Jackson 1d54: [17] = 17
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Survival Roll Total = 16


1d8!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 1d6!!: [1] = 1

1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

DV8 assist 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
Two (2) Tokens earned by Henry and DV.

The night is better in the ravine with less wind. Henry Grimes was a CS Ranger and knew his stuff when it came to his survival skills. The robot had exceptional sensors that help Grimes keep the troops hidden and rested. Henry put in some extra effort on the task as he had absolutely no desire to tangle with vampires.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

3 Tokens earned by Frida

The answer she had received from @Marvin would need to be reflected on later, as the camps immediate security took priority.

Frida pulled up the offline files she had copied from the RCGS databank before her departure. The greenish holographic lettering appearing over her retna as she searched for likely hazards this far south. Information was limited but intelligence from various rangers had suggested that wild vampires were the prime threat in this region. While she didn’t know exactly what else lay out there, it seemed a good idea to prepare for the most likely dangers they could find.

Moving her fingers in a swiping motion, she pulled up the


3 Tokens
Success and 2 Raises (12)
Occult 1d12!+2: [10]+2 = 12
Wild die 1d6!+2: [3]+2 = 5

that the vivisection team had reported on when they had managed to capture one such creature alive for experimentation. The first and foremost difficulty the team had had, was that it simply kept regenerating any incision they had made, making progress slow and difficult. Surgical clamps held in place by pressurized tanks had been required to keep the creature open long enough to inspect the inside.

@Grimes, keep a sentry observing the walls of the ravine.” Frida instructed over the radio, indicating a somewhat unusual request from the Staff Sergeant. The attached video on the file showed the captured vampire escaping it’s clamps and leaping onto the wall to climb it with incredible speed and no hand holds of any kind. If it could do that in a sterile lab, then a rocky ravine wall would be little issue to these creatures and they could expect them to attack from elsewhere besides the two obvious entrances.

”Dispatch any wolves or bats that are sighted immediately. Current weather is dry and hygrometers read a relative humidity of 10 percent. Treat visible vapour as suspect and retreat to the APC and engage the environmental seal if mist should form in the area.” The creature had then attempted to escape via the ventilation system through taking on an intangible mist form before it was sealed shut. Other reports suggested it had transformed into specific animals in order to evade capture.

That would have to be enough to go on for now, unless they actually encountered the things it didn’t make sense to deluge the troops with information that they might get confused with at this point. Hopefully this would prove to simply be an exercise in over cautiousness.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

When Mr. Marvin had a chance to talk to Frida about pecan pie he slid over to her nice and easy wondering how she was doing. He smiled big, and kept his voice a hush, “Pecan Pie…. Now that is a pie almost everyone in town loved…” His voice trailed off as he looked out into the darkness. The camp was going to be an easy target for whatever vampire lord decided to come and try to kill them. He handed Frida a hand written note not wanting to divulge any sensitive information over coms, or within sensor range of Klanker.
Note for Frida
Evasive is a way of life…. Sorry. I was in deep under cover with an outfit of self proclaimed heroes called the Tomorrow Legion. They might be magic users, and d-bees but one thing was for certain they have no love for vampires and they usually have skills and abilities that could come in handy when push comes to shove. Plus I figure they could be used as fodder for the vampires while we get the object. Doesn’t sound like they were interested…. Side note, they somehow knew we were coalition. Someone in high command has compromised our mission. As for my weapons. One was a gift for services rendered while undercover. The other a trophy to remind me of why I still fight.
The former juicer rubbed his bald head and looked out again into the night. The hair on his neck was tingling. He sighed loading his rifle and continued chatting about pie, “Have you had any pecan pie before Frida?” He eased back now looking at the camp fire. He just looked at it, transfixed by the dancing flames. His eyes grew heavy and closed them for a spell. He mumbled, ”My dreams are of pie…”

Notice 1d8 1d8!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
12th April 110 PA
00:00 hours


Round 2 - 4 tokens. Sorry team Mr Marvin falling asleep (critical failure) and not warning you about the predators on the ridge cost you a token. Long ways to go to get 16 more tokens in this round.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Runt
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Runt »

Runt's recent ordeals tuckered him out more than he realized because he didn't so much as twitch an ear after bedding down during first watch. His team mates must have realized he needed the rest because they did not wake him either. He wakes up well rested and ready to
Notice 1d8!+2 (+2 to Hearing / Smell): [8!, 4]+2 = 14
Wild 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3
. With his juicer enhancements, he needs less sleep, so he's able to take part in the next watch, too.

Keeping his ears open and his attention focused on the night's scents, Runt gathers rocks and other makeshift projectiles near his post. If it comes down to it, the dog boy could use them to slow down if not kill hostiles while preserving his own weaponry. It carried an element of surprise, as well, because no one expects the first line of defense to be sticks and stones.

Runt quickly piles up suitable objects and returns his full focus to sentry duty. Anything approaching the team will quickly find themselves riddled with nasty surprises.

Runt, Dog Boy Mega-Juicer
Pace: 14(d8); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17(5); Burn: 7/8 (d6)
In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
,
The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
,
–2 to actions at 5″ (10 yards) or more distance.
,
The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.
,
This Edge allows Juicers to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
,
Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
,
Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.


Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2;
Bennies: 4/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

2 Tokens earned by Frida

Lowering her infra-red binoculars, Frida realized the futility of using the device to search for the cold bodied undead that might be roaming the area. Noticing that Marvin had fallen asleep while standing up, she simply turned away and made her way towards the APC. Psi-Stalkers have always been a little strange. But they are more suited to this world than the rest of us. She thought to herself as the door slid open with a sharp hiss of air decompressing in its wake.

Standing under the sensor suite, Frida fired up the system and
Success and Raise (11)
Electronics 1d12!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild die 1d6!+2: [6!, 3]+2 = 11
. While the creatures had no heat signature, that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t reflect electromagnetic waves. Things weren’t going well for them right now, as a strange malaise had seemed to have washed over her team, rendering several of them tired and incapable of action. The effects raising her suspicion that something dangerous was stalking them and had primed them for this exact moment.

The world around the lieutenant seeming to melt away as she focused intently on the screen ahead of her, fast approaching blips heading right towards their location from the north. Even with their defensible position, the giant tracks in the sand that the vehicle had made on their way here likely had made them an easy target to follow. That the winds hadn’t blown them away yet, would tell someone tracking them that the trail was relatively recent.

”They’re coming. Be ready.” Was all she said, sending out the brief message over the comms. They had been caught with their pants down and it would take nothing short of a miracle for them to get away unscathed at this point.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

Mr. Marvin zipped his pants back up and rolled to one side shaking himself out of his brief respite. Sometimes the wild is just more easy to get some shut eye than a big bustling city. He opened his eyes half expecting to see Frida looking at him in a bewildered disappointed manner. Instead he was treated to the red eyes and rotting breath of a wild vampire. Quicker than he could shout the thing’s razor sharp nailed hands were arround the psi stalker’s neck. Mr. Marvin squirmed getting a hand free and reached for his silvered knife. Gasping for air he plunged the dagger into the back of the vampire. For a moment it jerked suddenly, then fell heavy on top of Mr. Marvin. With a exasperated sigh the former juicer shoved the dead vampire off him. He wiped the blood from the knife on his sleeve and rolled up to a crouch. He whispered not seeing Frida, “Frida? What’s going on?”

A voice in the dark hissed, “You are surrounded meat.”

Frak. That was not Runt.

Quickly Mr. Marvin found himself surrounded by a group of wild vampires. The smell is unbearable.

He smiled brandishing the silver knife. “Do you all like Pumpkin Pie?”

Fighting 1d6!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [20!!] = 20
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


1d12!!+1: [4]+1 = 5 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Bennie x2
1d12!!+1: [3]+1 = 4 1d6!!: [5] = 5
1d12!!+1: [8]+1 = 9 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8


9 Successful with a Raise.

Hostile —> Unfriendly —> Uncooperative

Uncooperative: The target isn’t interested in getting involved unless there’s a significant advantage to himself.



Stepping into the area where Mr. Marvin was surrounded by hostile vampires the persuasive Ranger looked at the undead then shook his head and had a grin on his face.

Quickly Mr. Marvin found himself surrounded by a group of wild vampires. The smell is unbearable.

The Psi Stalker smiled brandishing the silver knife. “Do you all like Pumpkin Pie?”

Henry laughed and tossed the silver coated Bowie knife down at the feet of one of the wild vampires. Distract. Redirect.

The Ranger broke into a tirade of excitement and anger. Poking the chest of several vampires as he moved blatantly in amongst them, his demeanor was captivating and so off beat the wild vampires were quite unsure of what was happening. They were subjected to a ten-minute harangue by the flamboyant Ranger.

It was an abusive vilification of their very existence. Somehow the mesmerizing tongue-lashing stupefied the wild vampires. No longer interested in the two they set off for less verbal prey.

Once Mr. Marvin and SSgt Grimes were left unscathed the Ranger sighed.

“Seriously didn’t think that would work. Low level soldiers just want simple instructions. Apparently so do lesser vampires.”
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
12th April 110 PA
02:00 hours


The constant intrusions of wild vampires had proven one thing. While the canyon was a semi-hidden place and close walls on both sides to limit movement, it also limited the squads means of escape. So when the master vamp materialized right in front of @Henry he did not even notice the other vamps gliding down the steep walls. After only the briefest hesitation he began shouting short terse orders to his squad to fall back to the ATV. No use in dying waiting on an officer to decide what to do. As the last of them entered the ATV, he ordered DV8 to drive. With no where else to go DV8 turned the ATV around and only managed to hit both walls of the canyon a few times before heading back the way they had come into the canyon. The master vamp stood calmly in their path as his minions swarmed all over the ATV. Somehow they forced the hatch open and several of them flooded into the compartment.

Without slowing DV8 slammed into the master and the whole ATV lurched hard. Most of the squad was thrown to the deck. The battle in the back compartment was rough and bloody. A vamp racked his claws across @Runt chest and opened a massive gash that bled freely. The smell of the blood in the enclosed space sent the vamps into a frenzy. The next several minutes were a blur but they felt like hours. Finally the squad managed to throw the last vamp out the open hatch. But not before everyone had been wounded. Some by the vamps and some by the crazy robot's driving. Even the hatch was busted and would not seal. All they could do now was keep moving till daylight and then form a new plan.

Every one has a wound. Including the ATV and DV8.
Everyone needs to roll fatigue due to the lack of sleep.

Now you can earn a benny by writing an interlude describing you actions in the fight and escape. You can earn a second benny if you include how you got a second wound. This wound happened early in the fight so is outside of the golden hour.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

Triage, the process of determining the priority of patients’ treatments based on the severity of their condition. It was always a concern when a large number of people became injured at once, one which had an added layer when half of your group consisted of mutants and robots. Aside from removing the lightly injured and the obviously dead from the priority pile, one needed to take into account self regenerating abilities and the fact that some injuries required wrenches and arc welders instead of gauze and stitches.

Frida had already been inside of the APC using the sensors when the vampires had attacked her crew, despite their best efforts at trying to prepare themselves for their approach. Though she swore that half of them had been standing there doing absolutely nothing for some reason; perhaps something Grimes and herself would need to address later. She had no intention of leaving her command post, given her lack of combat ability against these sorts of creatures. Though the sounds of growling and up close and personal battle caused her to tilt her head in confusion. ”Hadn’t I told the others to get inside when they showed up?” Frida thought to herself, wondering why she had been the only one inside.

Her visible eye widened then as she realized she had only given the command to do so, had the creatures emerged in misty form. The lieutenant hadn’t considered that they would simply use brute force rush tactics when they had so many evasive abilities available to them. Placing a hand on the side of her helmet, she activated her comms to hurriedly signal to the others to stop taking her orders too damn literally. ”Jade Eagle this is Bishop, get ins--” her message was suddenly cut off as she noticed far too late that three of the vampires had literally picked up Klanker and thrown him like a massive metal boulder directly at the open entrance of the APC... Exactly where she was standing.

The massive rotund cyborg flew through the air as he was tossed at her from the immense combined supernatural strength of the creatures. Where most at this point might see images of their life flashing before their eyes, Frida simply stood there and stared at the rapidly approaching overweight ball of metal. ”Oh...” Was all she said, vaguely recalling the part of the knowledge bank she had skimmed over, the part that mentioned how the doors to the facility had to had been made at triple the usual strength to keep the subject from simply battering its way out of its cell.

CRUNCH! Came the audible cracking sound as Klanker collided with Frida, causing her to propel backwards as Newtons third law of motion was applied, hitting her head on the back of the inner APC wall as she blacked out.

A short time later, Frida came to, hearing a sharp ringing in her ears as her vision blurred ahead of her. She found herself laying on the ground, sprawled onto her side as she looked at several pairs of boots shuffling around quickly next to her. Raising her head as her vision started to clear, she saw Henry at the door of the APC, yelling something loudly as Marvin shot his bow several times out the hatch as it closed, the whole vehicle lurching suddenly as it kicked into gear and shoved them all backwards against the wall before correcting itself and pushing forward as fast as they could.

Frida couldn’t make out the words that the Staff Sergeant was yelling out due to the ringing in her ears as she
Fatigue check
Success (4)
-1 Wound penalty
Vigor 1d8!: [2] = 2 -1 = 1
Wild Die 1d6!: [5] = 5 -1 = 4
into a seated position, trying to make an assessment of their situation. Popping the front of her helmet open as fingers reached into her trauma kit to shakily grab her bottle of pills, taking one unceremoniously without even bothering to hide the fact that she was doing so at that point. There was no way she was going to be able to focus without help.

Triage.... The medic looked around at the others as the tranquilizers started to calm her down. Her HUD already performing auto-diagnostics on the group that had all stuffed into the cramped vehicle. The systems of her Triax Field Medic EBA activated as arm slots opened up with chemical dispensers and extra small robotic assistance arms,
10 minutes spent per wound level healed. Able to heal a total of 6 wounds within the golden hour (not counting old wounds received from bonus bennie interlude)

Attempting to heal self (10 minutes)
Success (6)
No self patient penalty due to blood & gore rules
-1 Wound Penalty
+2 Healer Edge
+2 Triax Field Medic EBA Bonus
Healing 1d12!+2+2-1: [3]+2+2-1 = 6
Wild Die 1d6!+2+2-1: [1]+2+2-1 = 4

Attempting to heal Grimes (20 minutes)
Success and 2 Raises (12)
No patient penalty to due Combat Lifesaver edge
+2 Healer Edge
+2 Triax Field Medic EBA Bonus
Healing 1d12!+4: [3]+4 = 7
Wild Die 1d6!+4: [6!, 2]+4 = 12

Attempting to heal Mr. Marvin (30 minutes)
Success and 4 Raises (23)
No patient penalty to due Combat Lifesaver edge
+2 Healer Edge
+2 Triax Field Medic EBA Bonus
Healing 1d12!+4: [12!, 7]+4 = 23
Wild Die 1d6!+4: [5]+4 = 9

Attempting to heal Jackson (40 minutes)
Success and 3 Raises (17)
No patient penalty to due Combat Lifesaver edge
+2 Healer Edge
+2 Triax Field Medic EBA Bonus
Healing 1d12!+4: [5]+4 = 9
Wild Die 1d6!+4: [6!, 6!, 1]+4 = 17

Attempting to heal Checkers (50 Minutes)
Success and 3 Raises (16)
No patient penalty to due Combat Lifesaver edge
+2 Healer Edge
+2 Triax Field Medic EBA Bonus
-1 due to near human physiology
Healing 1d12!+2+2-1: [12!, 1]+2+2-1 = 16
Wild Die 1d6!+2+2-1: [5]+2+2-1 = 8

Attempting to heal Runt (60 Minutes)
Success and Raise (11)
+2 Healer Edge
+2 Triax Field Medic EBA Bonus
-1 due to near human physiology
Healing 1d12!+2+2-1: [8]+2+2-1 = 11
Wild Die 1d6!+2+2-1: [6!, 2]+2+2-1 = 11

Golden Hour Ends

Attempting to Repair Klanker
Failure (3)
+2 CEP Cyberware
-1 Patient wound penalty
Repair 1d10!+2: [1]+2 = 3 -1=2
Wild Die 1d6!+2: [2]+2 = 4 -1=3

Attempting to Repair DV8
Incapacitated extra, no wound penalty
Success (6)
+2 CEP Cyberware
Repair 1d10!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Die 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3
.

While it seemed selfish, it was always important to start on ones self when you were primary medic. She knew without looking at the diagnostics that her shoulder had been dislocated from the impact and that she had suffered minor head trauma. With a sharp yank on her arm, she forcefully reset the bone and set it back into place. Moving to the others next.

The unaugmented first. Her eyes scanned Grimes, Marvin and Jackson. Sliding to each one in turn as she set about repairing lacerations that had cut through skin and bone, puncturing both EBA and power armor alike. In most cases it had looked like pure dumb luck had saved them from grisly fate as vital organs appeared to have been avoided.

Next she dealt with the animal mutants of the group. Starting with Checkers as she knew that if worse came to worse that Runt’s bio-comp would regenerate his wounds for him. Mr Marvin no longer had such a luxury however, so she was glad she had dealt with him first. The killcat on the other hand proved to be a problem, given that his unique bone structure had placed parts of him in places that she hadn’t expected. Still it was nothing she hadn’t been able to adapt to with her narrow focused mind. She wasn’t a run and gun commando like the others, but this was where she excelled.

Ka-Thump DV8 had run over yet another armadillo as the vehicle sped away, almost causing Frida to tear off a chunk off of Klanker as she had then moved onto repairing the wiring of the metallic soldier that crashed into her in the first place. Whatever the problem was, it was beyond her abilities to repair. At least without a full set of tools or a repair bay available there was no changing the situation unless someone else had more expertise in the matter.
As over an hour had passed of the APC rapidly fleeing through the desert at break neck speed as Frida finally had a moment to relax, sitting down once again as she let out a sharp exhale. Had she forgotten to breathe the entire time? No, that was impossible... The pounding on her head sure felt like it though.

She was tired, but at least there was nothing left to patch up or repair. The deft yet reckless manoeuvring of Grimes robot had managed to get them out of trouble, even if the lot of them looked exhausted. Looking over at Henry then, she saw the man congratulate his trusty robot, giving it a hearty clap on the shoulder.

At which point the entire thing fell to pieces, metal parts and limbs flying everywhere and rolling across the floor next to Frida’s feet. ”I guess... Some parts of it came loose during the battle.” She mused as the others watched in stunned silence.

With a sigh she picked up her tools and set to work on their driver. If she didn’t at least get this one repaired, they were in deep trouble.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


SSgt. Henry Grimes, CS Ranger, screamed at the robot driver of the ATV: "Prosek's balls DV! Who programmed you!!"

After a intense series of events and the deft, yet reckless, maneuvering of DV8, they finally managed to get out of trouble. Henry laughed then gave a hearty clap to the shoulder of the robot.

At which point the entire robot fell to pieces, metal parts and limbs flying everywhere and rolling across the floor.

Grimes stood quietly looking at the mess of the robot.

"Are you kidding me? After everything that just happened, you fall to pieces on me now!"

As Frida moved over to inspect DV8, Henry dropped exhausted into the front passenger seat and reflected on the last ... hour? Minute? it felt like a life time...

Vampires. Grimes hated Vampires. Until this mission he had never encountered a vampire. Vampires now ranked number one on his "I hate them" list.

As the Triax robot drove frantically away from the canyon and the wild vampires tore the hatch off the vehicle and came tearing into the crew area, fangs dripping blood and eyes alight with manic ferocity, Grimes shook with fear. Not a paralyzing fear, more of a hatred fear.

Say one thing for Grimes. Say he does not choke in the face of fear. Grimes watched the hatch being torn off the APC and simply set his Energy Rifle on the front passenger seat and pulled twin silver plated daggers from his boot sheaths. Believing that silver could kill otherwise invulnerable Vampires felt kinda hooky, but the world was a bizarre place and he would lean into it.

The collective CS soldiers inside the APC reacted with trained efficiency as the vampires burst through the hatch and poured into the vehicle. Grimes bolted forward with reckless abandon passing the others and growling out a ... battle cry, "For the Empire! Attack!"

Slamming head long into the horde of vampires Grimes cut, slashed and parried with two silver knives as if he were demon born. The entire time he growled out propaganda fueled statements, Burn demons, die undead hordes, for humanity, the only good d-bee is a dead one, and the like as if it were muscle memory to scream such vicious statements while fighting for ones life. And likely it was muscle memory, as he fought a fight he truly felt he might lose.

Eventually... the last vampire was cut down... Grimes looked around at the others... and with that his blood splattered face and hardened look turned into a wicked grin and he barked, "What are you lolly-gagers doing? Clean up this mess and lets find a place to hole up for a while."






Fatigue Roll Vigor d6 and WD d6:
1d6!!-1: [10!!]-1 = 9 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0

Fighting 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Fighting wd 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

ATV Wrecked. Check. Frida taking pills. I’ll need to monitor that situation for a future report. Grimes…
The psi stalker drew a silver blade and plunged it deep into the back of a vampire creeping up on Grimes. Mr. Marvin smiled. He had a gash across his face, and walked with a limp now. The ATV ride had not been kind. Buckle in next time. “Now the vamps are dead.” He pushed the writhing vamp off his blade letting it drop to the ground unceremoniously. He leaned forward smiling at Grimes like a starving man eyeing a Christmas ham, “So just who programmed that droid?” Was he joking or serious? Maybe both.
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
12th April 110 PA
18:00 hours


The unit was tired. Last night was a very hairy experience. DV8 driving had cause almost as much damage and the vamps. @Frida had put him back together but she did not fix his programming. All though the day he continued to drive like a drunken land pirate. First too fast then too slow. Not turning to miss some obstacles then turning violently to miss others. It had been a long day with very little sleep for the team. Everyone was cranky and glad when @Henry final called the rest and told DV8 to stop.

Everyone piled out of the ATV and looked in wonder at why Grimes had called a stop. In the middle of the desert there was a massive lake. The lake did not appear on any of their maps. In fact @Frida pointed out 4 times that the lake was not supposed to be there. Almost as if she was hoping if she said it enough times the lake would go away. Grimes ordered @Runt and @Checkers to patrol the area and report back. After a good 30 minute recon both reported back the area was clear.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


"I want a perimeter set up and everyone needs to be prepared to take watch -- in pairs! File in everyone! Stand by for assignments!"

SSgt Grimes yells loud enough to wake the dead.

Stomping his boots heavily in the desert ground Henry gives everyone a moment to assemble.

"Okay. I and the ell tee will take first watch! Runt, Marvin your next, Checkers, Klanker next and everyone else is last watch. Am I clear? Keep your eyeballs open and hears on. We should be safe here but I don't want to take any chances. I will have DV8 on all night patrol but he is a damned robot! I'm leaving my life in the hands of a bunch of circuits and a battery. SO! ... keep your eyes open!"

With that SSgt Henry Grimes waves everyone away.

"Get soem rest while you can people."

Henry speaks quietly to DV8 and then motions for Frida to follow him.

"Madam ... hrmmm Lieutenant, I ... mmm."

Henry eyes the ell tee.

"While we take first watch, maybe you can explain to me what the hidden mission is here? Head into the desert and find a artifact? That's pretty vague. What am I not being told?"

Henry sits and waits for the ell tee to answer.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

They had either taken a wrong turn during their escape and had gotten completely lost, or their terrain data was out of date. That an entire lake could appear where there hadn’t been one a few years prior wasn’t entirely out of the realm of possibility. All it took was one wayward rift to open up at the bottom of an ocean or another lake somewhere else to pour out its contents onto this world for the time it remained open.

Glancing towards the dosimeter on her belt, the lieutenant confirmed that radiation levels in the area were relatively low, something that the others might notice she checked often for some reason. As she looked up she noticed Henry trying to catch her attention, moving off to follow him as she sees the others take their positions to sleep after their encounter.

”We’re involved in a personal cat and mouse vendetta by Lyboc who wants someone specific dead, the rest of us witnesses killed, and Marvin blamed for it. Likely for the sake of advancing his own career to some unknown end. The artifact is just a ruse to get us as far away from himself and the blame as possible so no investigation can occur that would reasonably lead back to him.” Frida thought, picturing herself saying the words to Henry outright and imagining the reaction the Staff Sergeant would have if she gave him the honest truth about her suspicions.

But she didn’t know who among them was to be match that would light the powder keg aflame either. So for now she had to watch and wait, going only by what she knew so far rather than just speculation.

Is he projecting? Frida wondered at the question, tilting her head to examine the expression on Henry’s face more closely as he waited for an answer, the dead silence as her thoughts filled her head likely making the situation even more awkward than it needed to be.

“I’ve received the same information that you have.” And possibly less than that. Frida finally answered. “We haven’t had time to discuss the full details the legion mystic gave to us. What else did he tell you of it before he escaped?”

Whether the mission objectives were true or not, the presence of the Federation and Legion at least meant that it was something worthwhile investigating for the Coalition agenda, even if the one who instructed them to obtain the item didn’t care at all about the task itself. At least that is what Frida had to keep telling herself as the silence filled the air once more, silently staring back at Henry, waiting for his reply.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Frida wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:55 pmFrida wondered at the question, tilting her head to examine the expression on Henry’s face more closely as he waited for an answer, the dead silence as her thoughts filled her head likely making the situation even more awkward than it needed to be.

“I’ve received the same information that you have.” And possibly less than that. Frida finally answered. “We haven’t had time to discuss the full details the legion mystic gave to us. What else did he tell you of it before he escaped?”
Henry softened his expression realizing he was being somewhat harsh, which was uncalled for but definitely not appropriate when talking to a commanding officer.

"Pardon me Ma'am, I am just frustrated and don't want any of us to die for no reason. As verbatim as I can recall the contact stated:

Deep in the vampire kingdoms is the river Tonto... the river has changed course and just flows straight, it once was more windy. The jungle has reclaimed much of the river so it will be hard to find it but look for what was there before. Vague as hell I'd say... What I have heard is that near that old river bed they have discovered an ancient temple. They say it is a temple to the old Mayan or maybe Aztec sun god. There are even rumors of powerful magic in the temple.... and then the mook went on to say, I am glad that the legion sent someone to reclaim the magic before the CS or someone else finds it.... Pompous Legionnaire. So yea, maybe this lake has something to do with changing rivers? I missed that class in Ranger school."


The Staff Sergeant fiddles with his night optics scope, making sure its operational then pulls out two energy bars, Little J's with a cartoon pic of Joseph Prosek as a boy eating a energy bar. They were common in the cities of the CS. These two were chocolate peanut flavored and claimed they helped you stay awake.

Henry tossed one to Frida.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

Watch.

While Henry and Frida had their little chat the former juicer turned sniper stalked over to DV8. He crouched right next to it watching Grimes and Frida talk it out. The robot he whispered, “You know who I am yes? You know why we are both here?”

Mr. Marvin waited a couple of heart beats. He put his hand around the tin can nonchalantly disabling the droids recorder. The sniper’s eyes were fixed on Grimes. One laser blast at this range… So easy. Mr. Marvin rubbed the side of his face where DV8’s erratic driving had given him a subtle bruise. The machine had been far too gentle. “Next time DV8 go for the kill. Stop wasting time we both don’t have.”

Mr. Marvin patted DV8 inadvertently activating the recorder. He smiled at the droid erasing his serious tone. “Yeah you know me DV8. Let’s get some steak and rations pie stewing.”

Mr. Marvin walked away back to his tent wondering when the next opportunity to take out Grimes would come. In these parts no doubt it would be soon.
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
12th April 110 PA
21:00 hours


The night in the desert lacked a moon and the darkness was engulfing. The tiny camp was secured as best they could and everyone not on watch had turned in for the night. @Runt was just starting to dose off when he heard something in the distance. Listening closely his eyes popped open. The was no mistaking the whine of those twin turbines. A DHT was coming in and it was coming hot. Who would be dumb enough to fly a DHT this far south. Jumping to his feet he started to call out a warning when the comms came a live.

"First force Recon this is DHT 12 Zulu Niner. Your mission has been compromised. We are tracking heavy enemy assets in your AO. Prepare for immediate evac."

@Frida prepared to make another snide reply on the radio when suddenly the largest flash of lightening she had even seen split the night sky and arced up into the DHT. Stunned her thoughts raced. Where had the DHT come from?

"Force .... this is ..." The transmission was filled with static and it sounded like a lot of screaming in the background. The comms keyed again with a different deeper voice. "Archangel you are cleared mission hot. Priority Epsilon 3 7 Sigma."

DV8 stood up and began moving direct towards @Frida and @Henry then froze. He seamed to be malfunctioning. After a few seconds he sat down on the ground and did not move.

The next transmission was so full of static that it was painful to listen to. "Force ... your ... mission ... Grimes ... not ... damnit boy ... secure"

Then another arc of lightening hit the DHT. The last turbine flare is a brilliant fireball before the DHT nosed over and plummeted into the large below. There was the sound of metal rending on impact.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


The DHT nosed over and plummeted into the large lake below. There was the sound of metal rending on impact. No one would have been able to survive that. Grimes slowly turned from the fireball of wreckage to look at DV8, then towards Mr. Marvin.

Of course he knew what the transmissions were likely about. A teammate had just been ordered to kill ... probably him, maybe Frida, possibly both of them. Additionally, Grimes was familiar with the codes of DV8 ... Archangel you are cleared mission hot. Priority Epsilon 3 7 Sigma. DV8 had just had its orders overwritten and been ordered to kill Henry. The only thing that stopped it had been the codes he had written into DV's computer.

There was an assassin in their team and the robot had been ordered to kill. Henry slowly walked towards the robot and kept an eye on the rest of the CS members. Standing adjacent the 'bot he reached out and put DV8 into a shutdown mode. Henry then removed the main processor chip...the brain... of the robot and snapped it in half.

Damn it I had hoped DV would have been an asset in my mission. I'm on my own now. I'll have to keep the ell tee off balance, keep Marvin in check, watch the rest and probably have to drive now. Damn.

Walking to the small fire they had he dropped the snapped chip in the flames and watched it melt.

"I am surprised they were going to evac us, the fact is there are two other dangerous forces in the area. The Legion and the Federation. Nothing has changed. We have a mission to do. Get the artifact and get it back to Chi Town. Likely the lightning was one or the other of those groups. Something hanky is going on, but until our commander, Frida, figures it out, we all have a mission to complete together. So get some rest and in the morning we will set out to finish our mission so we can get out of this damned land of heat and vampires."

Henry placed his right hand into his pant pocket and tapped the secondary "back up" chip he had with him. He could slide it back into DV8 to reactivate the 'bot but it would not be the same robot. For now he'd just store DV8 in the back of the APC, Runt could pick it up and put it in the vehicle in the morning. Henry wasn't prepared to turn the robot back on as of yet.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

Frida looked over at Henry as the Staff Sergeant seemed to brush off the fact that a Deaths Head crashed apart so quickly before their eyes. Seeming to show more concern over the malfunctioning robot he had with him, continuing to watch as he crushed the chip in his hands and throwing it into the fire.

”Do we?” Frida asked aloud to him then, referring to the so called mission they had to do. ”Mason Williams, DV8, an entire Deaths Head transport shot down with suspect transmission over what is now a second set of compromised communications codes. The latter of which I generated myself and only distributed to our team while we closed off communications with the other frequencies.”

The lieutenant shook her head and put her helmet back on, closing her visor as she stared directly at him through the glass. Saying outright what had been her closely guarded thoughts up until this point. Something hanky does not describe it. Our house isn’t in order Sergeant. We have at least one traitor in our ranks, and they’ve become so brazen that they aren’t even trying to hide their presence anymore. If this is a legit op to execute someone off grid, then so be it. But I’ve been given no orders to do so and have no intention of playing at conflicting missions. Either we have a task, or we do not.”

Looking off in the distance where the crash had occurred, Frida then said something unexpected. ”Change of orders Jade Eagle. Suit up. We’re going to investigate the crash site for any and everything. Logs files, comm systems, black boxes, corpses with dog tags.” If HQ wanted to play games, then they would get that sorted out first, even if it meant risking the lead they had over the other groups in finding the artifact.

As a small afterthought she also added. “Additionally, keep watch for anything that could instantly dispatch a Deaths Head Transport. It would be not ideal if it locates us.” The eerie calmness of her voice did absolutely nothing to reassure the others of that part of the situation.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Northern Mexico
13th April 110 PA
00:00 hours


@Frida got the troops moving. No one loved night moves after a long hard day but in the army you did as ordered. By the time they made their way down to the water's edge debris was already floating up. As they investigate the scene, one thing became apparent. The pieces of debris were from authentic CS equipment. @Runt found a piece a SAMAS wing. The wing was badly burned but part of the call sign could be made out, ARC....L. The team had missed the SAMAS in the air. What could have taken down a DHT and a SAMAS? Then they found parts of the body. Not only was it burned badly, parts had been eaten on by some very large teeth. After several hours @Checkers notice a sound. He could hear chanting and it was getting louder. Soon it reached a cresendo.

Reply to this scene here and you can even use this thread for coms. The chant and the after effects will be handled in the main battle forum viewtopic.php?f=415&t=6854
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

At the crash site Mr. Marvin crawled through the wreckage collecting dog tags. He was unusually silent perhaps perturbed by such wanton destruction. He scrowled at the raising cresendo of chanting and surveyed his sight line with his rifle in hand. Killing Grimes can wait. He let his psi stalker senses open up to the arcane. Something is not right about any of this.
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


The Staff Sergeant inwardly smiles as he keeps his face impasse. For a moment he just stares at the lieutenant. Inwardly calculating and thinking about her words.

Grimes clears his throat.

”Right! Let’s go! Checkers, Klanker, get DV stored in the rear of the APC. I’ll drive us until we are closer. Then we’ll go on foot the rest of the way. Hurry up. Night optics at the ready and keep your eyes pealed….for enemies and a traitor.”

Henry takes the Railgun from DV8 and holds onto it.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

A single corpse from an entire transport. Frida thought as they inspected the wreckage, glancing towards Henry as she considered his earlier response. Perhaps having expected him to say something else when she dropped that particular bomb on him.

”Possibly two...” Frida mumbled aloud as she eyes the wing of the SAMAS that had been picked up. These ships could transport an entire battalion along with spider walker crews and a pair of UARs. One didn’t simply just fly one out solo on a whim without anyone raising eyebrows. Something definitely was wrong with this picture.

Retrieving her infrared binoculars, Frida started to scan the water itself, looking to see if she could at least find traces of the deposed nuclear core below the ripples of the surface. She had indeed seen a large heat signature emerge, right around the moment when the new guest showed up.

”Oh....” Came the shocked mumble from the lieutenant as she stared what was likely to be their immediate deaths in the face...
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
Malcolm
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Malcolm »

Soak 1d6!! WD 1d6!!: [4]+[2] = 6

Benny to reroll 1d6!! 1d6!!: [2]+[10!!] = 12

Benny to reroll 1d6!! 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6
User avatar
Bull Moose
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Bull Moose »

Crash. Death. Cataclysm. Bull Moose Rainier feels pain. Lots of it.
Guess I'm
Free Benny to Soak: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
WD Benny to Soak: 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
.
He comes to, shaking off the impact and having had the wind knocked out of him. He hears some rustling in the wreckage. His hand goes to his pistol. He smells spilled blood and fire. He also smells...someone is alive. He takes a chance on what's combing through the aftermath. "Medic!"
Bull Moose Rainier
Bull Moose Rainier
Pace: 8; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan
Current Status Post
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

The bald headed former juicer turned sniper with an air of subtle mystery stumbled into @Bull Moose. His long sniper rifle (not regulation) and archaic bow were slung across his shoulder and back. He smiled nice and friendly like jutting out a helping hand toward Bull. He yelled back to his companions, “Frida! We got one over here. Sounds like he needs a medic!”

Softly to Bull he whispered, “Easy friend, help is on the way and then we can discuss your favorite kind of pie. Savvy?”
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Bull Moose
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Bull Moose »

Bull Moose shakes his head to clear the cobwebs. He answers @Marvin's question. "Pie? Long as it comes with real medicine and not hocus pocus, I hear apple pie is pretty good. Who are you?"
Bull Moose Rainier
Bull Moose Rainier
Pace: 8; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan
Current Status Post
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

The bald psi stalker kept smiling…. Code word was of course Pinnapple Pie…. If he was assigned to assist in killing Henry Grimes…. He would have said Pinnaple Pie…. Perhaps the crash got him confused. At the question of who was he the sniper chuckled slightly his eyes mirthfully appraising the downed soldier, “Who am I? Who are any of us. Does it really matter who I am. In the end we do not exist, but does that make this life any less?” He chuckled again noting that he had had once held a similar conversation with Frida.

Finally he returned to the question more pointedly, “You may call me Mr. Marvin. Apple pie is quiet good. Spend any time in Iron Heart along the coast?”
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Bull Moose
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Bull Moose »

Bull grins through the pain of his wounds. "Pretty heady philosophy, Mr. @Marvin. This gash in my side sure feels real though." He shifts to his feet pretty quickly for a man leaking blood. "Iron Heart? Nope. Never been. Mostly wander Missouri and El Dorado, parts in between. I get east of that a little, you know? You know." He winks at Marvin and sniffs, and you get the impression it's recalling a hunt a fellow psi-stalker would understand rather than scanning the area for something new.
Bull Moose Rainier
Bull Moose Rainier
Pace: 8; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan
Current Status Post
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

Frida looked over at the two wounded members from the deaths head transport that had miraculously survived the crash. There would be time to get a debriefing from them later, but for now she needed them as far away from the action as possible so that the other two groups didn’t associate them with the coalition. If they left during the confusion, then they would at least have plausible deniability.

@Grimes, this is Bishop. We’re going to evac. Get the APC and we’ll load the wounded up inside. Whatever this is, the others are occupied with it and we’ve ensured that more of them aren’t coming out. I’ll treat them once we’re moving and safely away.

Switching to the encrypted team comms she then added. "Jade Eagle, we're retreating. @Checkers, extract safely when able and get inside the APC. We have our mission.

There was no reason not to let a good crisis go to waste, might as well take the opportunity to get some headwind on the other groups. She hadn't forgotten about her earlier problem, but at least she had a couple of people she might get some answers from instead of the usual evasive garbage.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Driving Skill at a d6

Grimes tossed his gear into the APC and fired it up.

Let the other mooks fight big nasty. The CS would get a head start and leave them punks behind….

Henry is ready to roll as soon as everyone is aboard.

Seeing the others are helping wounded CS to the APC the Staff Sergeant thinks, good thing we got Frida, and then thinks, what the hell is going on? What is a DHT doing out here?
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

As @Marvin was helping Bull free of the wreckage, he noticed a small data stick floating in the water. What were the odds. As he looks up and scans around he notices 3 figures off in the distance near the top of a small rise. As he watches he recognizes the Colonel in the middle and his very large cyborg bodyguard. As Marvin watches the three turn away and disappear of the crest. Retrieving the data stick he see the small engraving on a pie on it. A tropical fruity pie.

4 brief lines of text appear when the data is retrieved. Mission compromised. Archangel is down. Have to go into the cold. Rat squad questionable.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

A wet, content kill cat dashes for the APC, dripping water and viscera behind him.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

Now that the group was well underway, Frida wasted no time in
Healing Bull Moose and Malcolm (2 wounds on each)
+2 Bonus from T-12 Field Medic Light EBA
+2 Bonus from Healer edge
No wound penalty due to Improved Combat Lifesaver Edge

Bull Moose
Success and Raise (8)
Healing 1d12!+4: [1]+4 = 5
Wild Die 1d6!+4: [4]+4 = 8

Malcolm
Success and Raise (10)
Healing 1d12+4: [6]+4 = 10
Wild Die 1d6!+4: [2]+4 = 6
Healed 2 wounds on both characters.
of the newcomers who had survived the DHT crash. Knowing full well that time was of the essence when handling this sort of thing, she opted to get their stories while she worked, her fingers a flurry of activity as pincer attachments, suture guns, organic sealing fluid and diagnostic scanners all went to work at once from various extension claws from her armor.

”Names and ranks, your purpose here, how the ship found us, and what happened on the ship before it was attacked by the xenos”. Came the list of Frida’s questions, elaborating on her earlier words while reading them like a list as she focused on patching them up, not even making eye contact while she worked and seeming to show little regard as to their current condition or pain levels beyond their bodies being objects that needed to be repaired quickly.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Bull Moose
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Bull Moose »

Bull looks down as the doc actually does doctor work instead of magic or psionic BS. "Bull Moose Rainier. No rank. I'm here to aid in retrieval and exfil of the same thing those other voodoo villains are looking for. But to the side that isn't going to trigger it with magic energy. Vermin."
He feels the bite of a suture gun but doesn't acknowledge the pain.
"How it found you? Far as I know, the orders were as far south as fast as we could go. Blind luck, probably. Ma'am." He nods, acknowledging her aid in patching his wounds.
"What happened before? Nothing. Nothing happens to a DHT until it did, and then we're in the drink. No thanks. I hate falling. I just don't ever want to see Squiddy Squidson again."
Bull Moose Rainier
Bull Moose Rainier
Pace: 8; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Elan
Current Status Post
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

Mr Marvin cleared his head after reading the data stick. He crushed the stick under his heel and looked up at the rest of the team. Am I going to have to kill all of them?

He had done some questionable things in the ISS but this current team seemed devoted to the CS as much or more than the average citizen. Even Grimes seemed unworthy of a kill order. The former juicer sighed and he slid into the shotgun seat next to Grimes. He leaned over and asked a single question as his hand slid to his vibro knife and placed it on his lap. Depending on how Grimes answered the cabin might get a bit messy.
He smiled at Henry Grimes, ”What do you know about Archangel?”
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


@Pender Lumkiss

“What do you know about Archangel?” — Mr. Marvin

Firing up the APC and getting on the road, away from the damned super beast and away from the other groups — who apparently were after the same thing as the CS, Henry side eyes Mr. Marvin.

Making sure no one but the ex-Juicer can hear…

”Does Zero One Niner mean anything to you? Look Corporal… mmm Agent? Yeah. You’re a agent aren’t you. ISS likely. Lyboc’s boys. Big daddy Joe sent me here to get the artifact. Archangel is a ISS code for Nuclear missiles or sometimes nuc like magic bombs. Why? What ARE you getting at? My mission is to get the artifact and deliver it to Joseph Prosek. What’s your mission? Are we going to have it out or work together?”

His side arm in his left hand, ready to fire, and out of sight, Henry wonders if this is the end? Or a beginning?
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


@Bull Moose help @Checkers and @Runt get the stupid robot stored in the rear cargo area. And. Hold onto your balls!”

The APC spins, burns rubber and rips across the desert floor.

Henry, SSgt Grimes, drives the APC with determined purpose, away from the combat and towards the objective.

“Lieutenant Bishop! Let Bull get to work. I could use you up here in the drivers area. Hey — Marvin — make room! @Frida! Ma’am, if you please, come here!”

Driving like he stole it, Henry drives the APC away from the combat zone.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

“What of the message that was broadcast?” Frida asked @Bull Moose, as the rankless soldier gave an evasive reply. Something she was getting far too used to lately when asking questions. Regardless it didn’t stop her from throwing several questions at him at once in quick succession, whether this was a proper interrogation technique or not was irrelevant to her, as the lieutenant didn’t seem to know any other method than the most direct one when it came to things like this.

”It mentioned that our mission had been compromised and that we were preparing for evacuation. Have we been given orders to return home? Why would you be given contradictory orders to retrieve the MacGuffin then? Who else was with you? Show me the roster on your deployment orders.”

As the APC shook in place, Bull would notice that his wounds had been perfectly patched up and sealed together with medical grade glue and sutures. The doctor had stood up while maintaining that dead-eyed stare as she waited for her answers. Fortunately for the solider she had treated however, Henry calling for urgent assistance had caused her attention to shift towards the drivers compartment.

”It looks like you are needed. This will give you some time to think of a plausible lie at least, just promise me you won’t mumble off onto badly formed attempts at philosophical rhetoric as means of deflecting the questions. As long as you give me something plausible I can state my rationale for the upcoming court marshals when half of my team kills the other half.” As she nodded her head sideways towards @Marvin, It was clear from the flat, tired tone as she explained this to him that the officer had been through a lot on their journey so far.

With that she turned and made her way towards the @Staff Sergeant, poking her head inside the driver area as she viewed those inside. ”What is it?” She asked, tilting her head between the two figures staring at one another intently.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Keeping his blaster hidden from sight, finger on the trigger still, Henry keeps Marvin in view and looks around enough to see him and the Lt.

“I removed the processor from DV8. Before it somehow managed to turn on during our little tiss with the unusually large big ugly monster. Either of you know how it ended up with a new processor and got activated? I’ve removed the new chip too. Pretty sure DV8 is trying to kill one of us. Oh. And good call on ditching those other groups.”
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

While @Henry was talking to @Marvin and @Frida he noticed the ATV sensors were detecting an encode burst transmission at very close range. Looking very quickly in the back he saw that everyone was either sleeping off their fatigue or maintaining their gear. No one was near the robot and the cargo hatch was secured. Yet DV8's eye looked to be shining. He blinked and the shine was gone. Looking back at the dash the transmission had ended.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

”I’m pretty sure it’s been trying to kill all of us with its driving from the beginning, but...” The lieutenant trailed off as she met Henry’s gaze, tilting her head to the size as she allowed Bull Moose to enter the driving compartment. ”I suspect you mean something more deliberate.”

Thinking about her next move, Frida glanced towards Marvin and then the others in the APC. Taking her time before coming to her next decision. ”The newly generated codes did not help at all. The public key encryption method wouldn’t have even allowed for someone among us to replicate and release them to others to hijack our signal for sending disruptive communications and...” She glanced over to the remains of DV8 briefly. ”And kill signals.”

”We need to go completely dark from HQ, whether it is a saboteur thinking they have authority to do so, or an illegitimate actor working from the inside for their own purposes. We can’t keep working like this while looking over our shoulders for whoever is watching our progress undetected.” Frida idly tapped a soldering iron against the side of her leg as she thought it over.

”It’s going to cost us a lot of progress against the other teams, but this roach is slowing us down even more. If the new keys aren’t working, then it means we are compromised at the hardware level. We’re going to disassemble the comm systems of every EBA, radio, computer and toaster with a frequency that we have. I’m going to inspect the electronics for rogue chips and remove them one by one.” The sound of her grinding her lower jaw could be heard as her mouth worked in evident frustration, though still kept with the odd cold facade she usually held.

”I... will... have us... completely dark, even if it takes all day.. If they want us to have a babysitter, they can put it in the deployment orders for the next mission.”
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Henry stops the APC. Pushes past the others and motions to the Juicer, Runt. The Staff Sergeant opens the side hatch and tells Runt.

“Toss em.”

The Dog Boy Juicer tosses DV8 out the hatch.

Henry pulls a detonator and grenade out. Sets the timer and drops it on the robot.

Moving back into the driver seat he drives away. A large explosion roars behind the APC.

Chuckling Henry watches from a side mirror then drives on.

Then says to @Frida
“Well I did my part…stupid murder bot keeps sending unauthorized transmissions.”

Looking at Marvin @Pender Lumkiss the SSgt says: ”So? Where do you and I stand?”
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Jack Belloch
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Jack Belloch »

Corporal Belloch blinked the sequence to go to magnify his vision with is cybernetic eye. The view zeroed in on the ATV rumbling along the patchy track away from whatever the hell happened at the lak.

Jack had been tracking the group for a while. They were obviously Coalition. Out of the aftermath of the lake, they were the only ones that could be, he was sure of it. As he watched them, the ATV slowed just a fraction for something to be tossed out. Whatever it was detonated an instant later. Something was up and it was time to make contact. Belloch had been out in the cold so long he hoped his codes and ID still checked out.

He cut straight through the jungle foliage on the side of the mountain. Moving quickly through the terrain, he knew he would get ahead of the ATV as the track they were on wound around boulder strewn rubble and giant Kapok trees. He reached the track about a hundred yards ahead of the ATV right around a drastic bend.

Belloch stepped out into the road so whoever was driving could see him.

Let's hope they don'trun me down...
Coporal Belloch
Jack Belloch, CS Coporal, Operation Night Owl
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Sharpshooting, Champion, Vampire Killer, Elite Vampire Killer, HTH Reaction Wiring, Ranged Data System
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


For the second time in under ten minutes Henry stops the ATV.

”What the heck is this one eyed Jack doing? Trying to rob us?”

The Staff Sergeant sighs and shakes his head.






OOC Comments
Just posting we stop. Mr. Marvin might be posting that he knows the guy.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

Frida fired up the ATV’s scanner suite by slapping her fist against the wall next to the control panel on the side of the console. As the system fired up, Frida looked overhead at the still damaged roof from the vampire attack earlier, listening to the sounds of the sensor dish and antenna switching direction towards the new target in front of them.

”...Of course...” The lieutenant mumbled out as she realized they had been carrying around a giant sensor suite with them everywhere they went that could easily relay any signal to their devices. An ATV that had been in the very location that they had been given very explicit orders to link up with. Sometimes the most obvious target was overlooked.

”I’m picking up an ident on him as one of us, but the status is questionable. He’s marked as possibly MIA, or potentially active due to infrequent contact. Is that what wilderness scouts on long term reconnaissance display as?” Frida asked the Staff Sergeant as she switched off the device. Picking up her tool bag and popping open the roof hatch. ”Keep it parked, I’m going to work on our sensor array first. Find out what he wants.” Came the next set of instructions.

As she climbed the ladder, the lieutenant paused as she felt a pang of familiarity over the note that had come up on the screen. Was she having deja vu? The number of people she had met was certainly limited compared to most, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to pin him down. Perhaps once she had eyes on she would be able to recall in more detail...
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Henry Grimes put his helmet on and looked over at Marvin.

“Join me? Shall we go see what this yokel wants?”

Looking at the Lieutenant @Frida he nodded at her question about Long Range Rangers. It had been a long time since he last was out this long. Memories of a time in the NGR flooded his mind, the Dres Marbles Left concert and assassination. Immediately the persona of Grimes crushed those thoughts away. Inwardly he frowned. Normally he was way better at compartmentalization of his different memories from being different people.

“Let’s go talk to this fella Corporal. The rest of you stay alert. Take care of your bruises and keep an eye out for ambush.”

Jumping out of the APC Grimes advanced on the long figure ahead.

While out of earshot of everyone else but Marvin @Pender Lumkiss he said: ”How bout it? We going to be able to play nicely together or what?”

Once closer to the man @Jack Belloch he said: ”Identify and explain who you are and how you why you flag as … deep cover shall we say.”

Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes tests his hand on the grip of his blaster on his right hip and grins.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

Marvin smiled at Grimes. It was a sympathetic smile. “ I have worked with you so far sir. I plan to achieve the mission no matter what.” It was the most honest answer the ex juicer could give. Any more truth and he would have had to come clean killing Grimes with his own pistol.
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

The hair on the nape of Checkers' neck stands up.

"We're picking up too many strays," he says to @Frida. Assuming the ATV has a turret, he gets on the turret.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Jack Belloch
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Jack Belloch »

Jack stands where the crew of the ATV can see him making sure to keep his hands away from his weapons.

Corporal Belloch. I am deep cover and have been for a long time. Officially, as you know sir, the vamp infestation isn’t Command’s problem. Unofficially…well…let’s say I do what needs to be done to make sure what’s in Mexico stays in Mexico. I was sent to meet up with you because I may be able to help you find what you ware looking for.”
Coporal Belloch
Jack Belloch, CS Coporal, Operation Night Owl
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Sharpshooting, Champion, Vampire Killer, Elite Vampire Killer, HTH Reaction Wiring, Ranged Data System
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

While Henry and Marvin went to talk to the new figure, Frida remained out of earshot but had been focused on her current state of paranoia. The sounds and sights of a pneumatic drill, arc welder and soldering iron could be observed from Jacks position as the blonde woman wearing the white plated EBA could be seen sitting atop the room of the APC parked next to him. She seemed to have a narrow focus on the task at hand rather than on the discussion with the stranger that stood in their path.


+2 due to Core Electronics Package
Raise (12)
Electronics 1d12!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Spending a bennie to attempt a raise
+2 for CEP
+2 for Elan
Electronics 1d12!+4: [8]+4 = 12
Wild Die 1d6!+4: [1]+4 = 5
in the STS was a lengthy task, especially when needing to carefully lay out the components so they could be put back together in the proper spots and without losing any. Or rather without losing any that they actually wanted to keep. At least that was the goal the lieutenant held as she inspected each piece of circuitry and compared it to the schematics in her databank, checking for any extra components that could be used to track them or circumvent her encryption codes at the hardware level.

With this, and a similar inspection of every other comms system and EBA they held, they were certain to get behind the other groups who were likely recovering from the battle they saw to the end. Still, Frida wasn’t willing to take the risk of being watched even if it meant risking the mission itself. Her patience for the multiple clandestine other tasks that had been assigned to their group without her knowledge was wearing thin, and she was not about to proceed without assurances that they could do so undisturbed.

”Where are you... I know you’re hiding in here somewhere.” Frida mumbled to herself as she started extracting chips from the receiver of the antenna.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

As @Frida ripping the ATV sensor array she soon found a small device. It was tiny, no large than her pinky fingernail and about 2mm thick. She almost missed it as innocuous as it was. But looking very closely she could see that it was not part of the sensor control module. She deftly removed the device and began to examine it. She was so focused she missed the scene playing out just a few yards from her.

As she studied the device, she noticed that it had no markings, but it was clearly CS tech. Cutting edge tech that was not standard issue but definitely CS. She studied the device so intently she did not notice that hours had gone by. The longer she studied it the more her head hurt. She just needed another dose of tranqs and she would be good. They would help her focus. She reached up to push the injector button and froze. She screamed and scrambled back. Then she fell off the top of the ATV. She cured up in a fetal position and screamed for what seemed like hours.

Suddenly she saw a tall albino with complete alopecia standing before here. She was conflicted she knew he wanted to hurt her, but he had the sweet nectar. He would only give her the nectar if she did as she was told. Any resistance and she would be left alone in the dark again. First it was just glimpses of lost fragmented memories. Then with a sudden ferocity the memories came faster and faster. So fast she could not decipher them. She barely grasped most of them but the flooded into her head.

She felt a hard impact then it sounded like voices somewhere in the dark calling out to her. But she could not see them. The voices were not real. it was all in her head.

The memories kept coming. Too fast but every once in a while one would stick. Fist she was at Lone Star, she knew the place. The smell, the sounds, all of it was Lone Star. She was standing outside the cell looking in at the subject. As the memory cleared a little more her perspective spun wildly. When the spinning stopped she was in the cell the Albino was looking in on her. Her lab coat was gone and she was laying there naked and dirty.

The memories blurred again and all was lost then she was strapped to a chair and the albino was talking, somewhere behind her. He was telling her how he was here to save her and how he could make all this go away if she would just let him.

Again the memories blurred. This time she back in the chair but watching a holoscreen. A video of a teenage girl going to a CS school was playing on the screen. While the albino softly whispered to her. "You name is Frida. You were born a CS citizen. You were trained as a medical researcher. Do you understand me Frida"
She started to reply "my name is ......" She could remember her name anymore.

The world spun again and this time she was standing over the corpse of another subject. She felt nothing. Her emotions were completely calm. The albino praised her and gave her a dose of the sweet nectar. When she got the dose the world retreated and all was bliss.

Again the world spun. This time she watched as her hands placed the X-3 system tap in the sensor array of the mountaineer. How could an object that was smaller than her finger nail do so much? The tap would make sure all went as planned and would stop anyone from derailing her mission.


Everyone please post how you react and what do you do.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Marvin »

Mr. Marvin ran to Frida’s side. He wasn’t a doctor, but he could make the person responsible pay. He looked right at Grimes itching to draw his custom rifle and fire giving Grimes a third eye. Frida had tolerated his incessant droning about pie far more than anyone else had. In Mr. Marvin’s book that counted for something. Henry Grimes, despite all he was or could be was ultimately on Llyboc’s kill list.

Mr. Marvin knelt close to Frida and whispered trying to cut through the screaming, “Who did this…. Just say it was Grimes.” He squeezed her hand hoping she knew she was not alone and encouraging her best he could for one clear word out of her mouth: Grimes.
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

Checkers drops down to Frida as well. "The hell?" he asks, bringing Nip up to his shoulder. "Something using a brain whammy on her, @Marvin? I don't smell anything."

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

Visions of the past had bombarded Frida all at once at that moment, those memories that flashed through her mind for what seemed like hours in reality only took a few moments, though she was forced to suffer through each and every one as they played back through her head. It was as if several consecutive migraines hit her at once as the old repressed memories had returned. Something had gone wrong to trigger the revelation as she was able to peek through the looking glass and see what had been happening behind the scenes that had been intentionally repressed.

She laid there silently for several moments, blinking her visible eye a few times while looking up at Marvin and Checkers as the two figures peered down at her. She hadn’t been able to make out what they had been saying at first as the ringing in her ears prevented it. But eventually it subsided as the spinning in her head slowed down just enough for her to give them an answer.

“I didn’t bleed the capacitor bank properly and subjected myself to electrical shock when I touched it.” Frida replied as she let out a cough, winded from the sudden fall. The excuse while plausible, was a mistake that only a complete novice with electronics would have performed. At that moment, deciding to bank on the others not considering this, or not being knowledgeable on the subject themselves. Her mind racing as she continued to lay there for several more moments before slowly bringing herself up to a seated position.

Glancing over at the disassembled STS, Frida stared at the spot where she had left the tracker chip. She remembered now, back at the bunker when they had found the ATV to begin with. She had attached it herself from her own pocket before they had departed to New Del Rio. It had been the same with the encryption codes she had generated, each came seeded from the chips hardware so as to be decrypted in advance. In short, the enemy she had been chasing after this entire time had been herself.

The programming had faltered because she had come to a point where her mind couldn’t come up with a plausible alternative explanation after she had stubbornly pulled everything apart to find the missing puzzle piece. The stranglehold the albino had over her was all too real however... The recently taken tranquilizers kept her from mustering the will to go against it. As long as she was dependent on them, she’d have to continue as instructed, even while seeing the man behind the curtain.

”This is going to be problematic...” She thought to herself. A strange thing to think for one in her position. Where most in her situation would be flooded with grief, or even questioning their true selves at that moment for a burning need to reconcile with ones own identity. While having to cope with the control another held over them, as if they were a puppet dancing from a set of unseen strings. Yet despite all of that, there was one thing Frida had that a normal woman in her position might not.

She was rational. But not merely as a person characterized as one who made intelligent decisions based on thinking instead of emotion. ”I am alright. We should get going. What of the one we just found?” She asked, acting as if nothing major had occurred. Pausing a moment while looking around at the others who still remained on her team.

Not merely rational, but one who held a detached personalty akin to a bag of rocks. That inherent strangeness she held may yet be the key to figuring out this new... Development.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Jack Belloch
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Jack Belloch »

Jack witnesses the ordeal with Frida and stands by, careful not to interfere else his intentions might be misinterpreted.

It seemed the episode at least momentarily distracted the team from grilling him on his credentials. Once the screaming stopped and Frida seemed to be ok, he stepped closer still keeping his hands well away from his weapons.

"So I guess, I am in? I agree, we should get going. It's not safe to stay here."
Coporal Belloch
Jack Belloch, CS Coporal, Operation Night Owl
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Sharpshooting, Champion, Vampire Killer, Elite Vampire Killer, HTH Reaction Wiring, Ranged Data System
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Desert Lake
14th April 110 PA
Midday


As they loaded @Frida into the ATV. They looked up and notice the sensor mast was still torn apart. Frida was in no shape to really help and with all the screaming there were sure to be predators heading this way. They need to move out quickly but they would be moving out blind. @Checkers and @Runt looked @Henry for orders. @Marvin calculated the odds that he could kill Grimes and it would look like the new guy did it. The odds were too low so Grimes lived another day.

Hard Choice
Head south and fix it later. Dramatic task. You hear something coming and decide to leave now.
Frida is at -2 due to mental break
Driving -2
Survival -2
Notice -2
Need 10 tokens in 1 round. Failure means you move to the Run for your life below

Fix it now. Dramatic task. You are rushed. You hear large things moving in the jungle.
Frida is at -2 due to mental break
Repair -2
Electronics -2
Need 10 tokens in 1 round. Failure means you move to the Run for your life below

Run for your life. Dangerous Quick Encounter
While fixing it you are beset with several large apex predators. You beat a hasty retreat
Crit fail = 1d4 wounds
Fail = 1 wound
Success = 1 fatigue
Raise = All great and no problems
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

Jack Belloch wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am "So I guess, I am in? I agree, we should get going. It's not safe to stay here."
"I don't know about 'in,' but I agree we should leave. @Henry? We going?"

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


2 Tokens

Head south and fix it later. Dramatic task. You hear something coming and decide to leave now.
Frida is at -2 due to mental break
Driving -2
Survival -2
Notice -2
Need 10 tokens in 1 round.

Notice d10 +2 -2

1d10!!: [9] = 9 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Checkers wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:51 pm
Jack Belloch wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am "So I guess, I am in? I agree, we should get going. It's not safe to stay here."
"I don't know about 'in,' but I agree we should leave. Henry? We going?"

Nodding at Checkers the Staff Sergeant helps the Lieutenant into the APC.

”Do you hear that? Incoming. Several large creatures. We are out. Book it. We can fix the sensors later. For now get your butts in the vehicle and let’s go!”

Sliding into the drivers seat Henry leaves Frida with Runt telling the juicer dog boy to watch her.

Yelling at people to hustle SSgt Grimes does take a moment to single out Jack: “If you want in on this outfit double time it! Welcome to the shite show!”

Once underway Henry does a good eye of observing any issues ahead of the vehicle. He’s definitely working hard to put as much distance between the APC and the advancing creatures.

Not one to run from a fight usually, the Ranger decides it’s the best option with the Lt being out of it and they just finished a big o’fight.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

Checkers grunts in recognition of the Staff Sergeant's order and loads up, trying to keep a lookout for incoming trouble. He has trouble being effective from inside the APC, though,
Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [3]+[4] = 7
Benny Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[1] = 5
-2 from scene = no successes
.

OOC: 0 tokens added, 1 Benny spent

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Jack Belloch
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Jack Belloch »

Jack
1d6!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [1] = 1 I guess it doesn't matter if it was Notice or Survival
south and identifies what appears to be several chokepoints and likely places that a large creature could ambush the team.

"I'm in, but I don't think heading south is a good idea. best we heads towards these things moving through the jungle. The vegetation is probably thick enough that we can hunker down and they will go right by."

OCC: Crit Fail
Coporal Belloch
Jack Belloch, CS Coporal, Operation Night Owl
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Sharpshooting, Champion, Vampire Killer, Elite Vampire Killer, HTH Reaction Wiring, Ranged Data System
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

OOC: 1 token added

Frida could barely focus, as she lay down in a semi seated position against the inside of the APC, her head tilted and looking out the small port hole up ahead. She wasn’t entirely sure what was going on, only that danger had been approaching, and seeing her condition it appeared that Henry had at some point had made the call to get them out of there.

The drugs had already been working their magic, but that made her senses unreliable as she instead opted to put her cybernetic sensors to work and have them triangulate their position and

Success (4)
+2 due to optics package
-2 due to mental break
Notice 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild Die 1d6!: [4] = 4
for Henry as he drove them away.

”Take the path right around the ridge, then go forward.” She mumbled out quietly, just barely in earshot. It was a start, but things weren’t looking good for them. Already her fingers clutched tightly around her medical bag as she made preparations to use it later.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Henry barely hears the Lieutenant but does as she says.

“Copy! Son of a D-Bee I don’t think we are going to avoid whatever is coming after us! Everyone get ready for a fight!”

Henry slams the accelerator down and barks out a war cry.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

thick jungle
14th April 110 PA
Evening


Too much was going wrong all at once. @Henry was a little busy dealing with the LT going off the deep end, the new guy who may be a spy, and trying to keep an eye on @Marvin. He did not need a busted sensor array too. They were moving out as fast as they could but something was close behind them. After what seamed like an eternity everything went quiet. The sounds of pursuit ended. Maybe just maybe they had gotten clear. It had been at least an hour since they had head anything behind them. Damn it they needed the sensors back. Ahead was a large clearing with good sight lines. They could stop there and access the damage to the sensor array.

As they entered the clearing everyone was on high alert. They could not see very well in the ATV. It appeared to be clear but toe b sure they would need to open the hatch. Not wanting to sit here as bait @Henry ordered @Runt @Checkers to pop the hatch and clear the meadow. @Henry went to get @Frida back on her feet so she could fix the sensors.

Runt and Checkers had reported in that the meadow was clear. Henry got Frida out of the ATV and working on the mast. Henry kept a close eye on @Marvin and @Jack Belloch not sure if he could trust them. Suddenly the meadow went real quiet. The birds and the insects stopped making any noise.

Everyone roll notice.
Crit failure = -4 to next roll. They got the drop on you.
Failure = -2 to next roll
Success = +0 to next roll
Each raise = +1 to next roll (limit +4)


The canopy of the jungle exploded and several large velociraptors exploded into the clearing. The master female was over 12 feet tall. And they looked hungry.


Run for your life. Dangerous Quick Encounter
While fixing it you are beset with several large apex predators. You beat a hasty retreat.
Crit fail = 1d4 wounds
Fail = 1 wound
Success = 1 fatigue
Raise = All great and no problems
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

Notice 10
Notice 10 (rolled on Discord)
Checkers notices something coming. Maybe he doesn't expect dinosaurs, but he doesn't not expect dinosaurs, either, and so isn't surprised when they attack.

Athletics 8, 1 Benny spent
Athletics 7 (rolled on Discord) +1 from previous roll = 8
When a velociraptor appears near him, he sinks his claws into its neck and bears it to the ground with a growl. "Eyes up!" he yells to the team.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Rolls
Notice
1d10!!+2-4: [3]+2-4 = 1 1d6!!-4: [8!!]-4 = 4

Stealth d10+2
1d12!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 1d6!!: [5] = 5

End turn with Fatigue
Notice 4
Stealth 5
Henry Grimes looked at Frida and shook his head.

“Ma’am you need a rest. Just sit there a second…”

The movement was at the edge of his vision. He’d both seen something and got that guy feeling. Slowly he moved his eyes to the general area he’d seen something.

There!

”Actually! Nevermind, up get into the APC!”

That’s when Checkers yelled too.

Throwing his dark cloak across the shoulders of the Lieutenant he moved stealthy towards the APC.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

OOC: Gained a benny for hindrance, 1 point of fatigue for bumps and bruises

Frida’s head was spinning as she reassembled the STS on the APC, making sure to leave the tracking chip in place even though she had no desire to do so. The calming effect of the drugs seeming to not allow herself to muster the will to do so, even though she had only recently stubbornly pulled the entire thing apart in an effort to find the methods their pursuers were using to track them across implausible distances.

Already her mind was trying to formulate workarounds to the catch 22 she found herself in, the distracting newly revealed memories drawing her attention away from would be hazards that might approach them, all the while as she finished putting together the sensor array while listening to Henry telling her to rest. The Lieutenant nodding in agreement after awhile as she closed the structure back up and climbed back down to join the others.

”Grimes, it would be best to focus your energies on the welfare of the corporals if able.” She started to say, trying to work out a contingent plan with her 2IC now that she had become a liability. Worst case scenario, she would need a way for the others to complete the mission without her if she couldn’t find a way out of the mental trap she found her way in. Staring blankly at Henry as she tried to figure out how reveal what had happened, as the will to do so was continually sapped away by the tranquilizers flowing through her at that moment.

Her intent to rest had been short lived however, as the staff sergeant had been on alert about something as he ushered Frida away in his cloak while getting them back towards the safety of the APC. The sounds of onrushing hostile creatures causing him to act quickly in getting her away.

Fortunately despite her distracted state, Frida’s cybernetic HUD held no such complications as

Notice check
Success and 1 Raise (11)
+2 for Optics Package
-2 for Mental Break
Notice 1d6!+2-2: [5]+2-2 = 5
Wild Die 1d6!+2-2: [6!, 5]+2-2 = 11
to incoming hostiles at the peripherals of her field of view, allowing her to dive quickly for the hatch and react to the oncoming raptor threat before it could catch her unprepared.

She struggled with the invasive thoughts as she tried her best to suppress them for the time being, as she reached for her

Weird Science
Success (4)
+1 for raise on Notice roll
-2 for Mental Break
Weird Science 1d12!+1-2: [5]+1-2 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!+1-2: [1]+1-2 = 0
in her backpack. The small pods quickly flew and latched onto the others as they bolted towards her teammates, forming small electromagnetic fields around them to aid in giving them the upper hand against the hungry oversized chickens and their 12 foot tall also hungry leader.

Almost immediately as she had deployed her own, she was kicked in the chest by one of them and knocked off of the upper hatch and onto the ground. The force field just barely saving her from its raking claws that had been attached to the powerful limps that gave it a kick. With the wind now knocked out of her, she scrambled as best she could towards the rear hatch, popping it open and engaging her radio.

”Jade Eagle this is Bishop, rear hatch is open for rendezvous, muster and sound off when inside. Bishop out.”
Last edited by Frida on Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Jack Belloch
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Jack Belloch »

As soon as the meadow went quiet, Jack started to
Notice 1d6!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [4] = 4 +2 =6
around. His cybernetic sensors picked them up before his one eye caught the high grass boiling like an ocean rip tide. What had to be the pack leader raised her head above the foilage and half squawked, half roared at them. For a moment, Jack stood paralyzed before his training kicked in.

"Oh, clever girl!"

He raised his bionic arm up just in time and
1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [2] = 2 +2 =7
the raptor leaping at him from his right flank. The metal and polymer arm blocked the snapping teeth and raking claws, but the beast hit Jack hard enough to take him to the ground. It was a lucky thing, as the one flanking from the left flew over top of him. Using the momentum of the raptor he pushed it off of him and rolled to his feet. Without looking back, he raced for the ATV.

OOC Comments
Success, 1 level of Fatigue
Coporal Belloch
Jack Belloch, CS Coporal, Operation Night Owl
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Sharpshooting, Champion, Vampire Killer, Elite Vampire Killer, HTH Reaction Wiring, Ranged Data System
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Technospawn »

Thick jungle
14th April 110 PA
Evening


As the squad fell back and rallied in the ATV they sounded off. When they were all accounted for @Henry fired up the ATV and speed off down the trail. After a bit @Frida began seeing to the crew wounds. @Checkers had managed to escape with no injuries but everyone else had several scrapes and bruises but no serious wounds. After she was done we made her way up front to check on Henry, when she froze in her tracks. Marvin was not here. She double back and checked and Marvin was defiantly not in the ATV. You swear you heard him sound off as he made it to the ATV.

If you try to contact him on comms he does not answer. Include in your posts any comments, thoughts or arguments you might have about him being missing. As you are searching the ATV again to try and figure out what happened you find a stash of gold coins. there is about $40k in gold there. @Frida you will have to make the final command decision to leave him behind. However you want to justify it. @Henry only you will ever know the truth of what happened.

After driving all night the squad saw a small town up a head as the jungle cleared. When they could see it clearly, it looked safe enough. It was a small town of maybe a few hundred people. There was a wall around the town and only 1 visible entrance. As you studied the wall you notice it has CS issued rail guns and auto cannons mounted on the wall. Most of them are previous generations that have not been used in years.

When you enter the city to resupply what do you do? What do you buy? Do you gather any intel?

@Henry when you are in town you notice an old contact of yours
Jorge is a smuggler that use to work up on the Rio Grande area. You worked him as a contact during Operation Summer Lilies. He has a robot for you to replace DV8.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
User avatar
Jack Belloch
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Jack Belloch »

Jack thanks Frida but doesn't say much else. Being new, he thought it best not speculate or delve too much into what happened to Marvin. He readily assists any efforts to locate him, but does not take the lead or make any suggestions.

During the trip to the small town, he takes the time to recoup and take care of any problems with his bionics and cybernetics. There were a few shallow scratches on the chrome but nothing a little buffing couldn't take care of. He also used the time to watch his new teammates. Obviously they had been through a lot recently. It was only prudent to keep an eye on them and make sure decision making capabilities were not compromised.

Upon arriving to the town, Jack will accept whatever portion of the gold that he is given without complaint. He will then take his leave and see about if there is any news that would be of any interest to the team or the CS.

"I am going to see if any of Reid's Rangers are in this mudhole. If there are, they would be the ones to know what is going on with regards to the vampire threat."

I'd like to use this Edge now to see if Reid's Rangers has any info on vampires in the area, if our competition is in the area, and indirectly anything that relates to our mission.
Coporal Belloch
Jack Belloch, CS Coporal, Operation Night Owl
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Sharpshooting, Champion, Vampire Killer, Elite Vampire Killer, HTH Reaction Wiring, Ranged Data System
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »



SSgt Grimes called for the squad to get in the ATV and sound off.

Once everyone had, he motioned to Mr Marvin, discreetly, to follow him.

The two headed up to the driver compartment. As they stepped into the compartment the rest of the CS team was out of sight.

Henry looked at Marvin who was starring back at him with a suspicious look. Like the Psi Stalker was silently saying: What?

Henry dropped into the driver seat.

”Have a seat Marvin. I just wanted to ask you a simple question…”

The Psi Stalker narrowed his eyes but had a seat in the right passenger seat.

”What do you want Grimes…”

Henry Grimes looked over at Marvin. The Stalker looked tired. Drowsy. Then unconscious.

Quickly Henry reached over and opened the passenger door and shoved Marvin out. Not before he planted a tiny device on the Stalkers armor though. With a thud the spy of Lyboc’s was gone. Henry chuckled and wiped the sleeping agent off the seat so the next person to sit there didn’t pass out. Henry then fired up the ATV and speed off down the trail.

Henry tried to not think about the fact that he should have killed the spy. Problem was he liked Marvin.

But.

He couldn’t have Marvin nosing around in his business. Joseph Prosek had ordered Henry to get the item in South America and make sure Col. Lyboc never saw it. Marvin was Lyboc’s man so he had to go.

After a bit Frida began seeing to the crew wounds. After she was done she made her way up front to check on Henry, when she froze in her tracks. Marvin was not here. She double back and checked and Marvin was defiantly not in the ATV.

Henry grinned wondering if she would ask him about Marvin.

After driving all night the squad saw a small town up a head as the jungle cleared.

Henry drives into the city once they arrive. He advised the others that they all needed to resupply personal and team gear.

@Frida ”Lieutenant, I suggest you organize the resupplying as you have the
OOC I'm talking about the gold
and I will go talk to a contact I have here. If you are okay with that. I saw someone I know outside. Someone that could be useful to us.”

The CS team was ordered to resupply. Then regroup by nightfall for orders.

Henry headed out the driver door as soon as he could and hustled after a contact he knew called, Jorge, a smuggler that used to work up on the Rio Grande area.

Catching up to the man named Jorge Torro Negrete, the two slip into the shadows and discuss business.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
User avatar
Frida
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Frida »

”These things happen don’t they?” Frida said idly to Henry as it became evident that Mr. Marvin wasn’t coming back. The two of them had been playing an overly blatant game of cat and mouse since the beginning to the point where whoever had been supervising the psi-stalker from afar wasn’t even trying to be subtle about it anymore.

”He was likely eaten by the raptors. I’ll mark him as MIA and log it for my report so next of kin can be notified.” The Lieutenant thought about how Marvin had mentioned adoptive parents in Iron Heart, and the chance that such a statement had been nothing but drivel. It seemed like they would find out at the end of their mission at the very least if they happened to make it back alive.

Idly looking over the pile of gold coins, Frida held one up next to her eye as her HUD scanned its content and purity levels, briefly making note to herself that universal credits might not be used this far south, so something like this might be a good a bartering tool as any, especially if it had actual weight to it. Worst case they could be melted down for parts replacement on some of their more sensitive chips.

”Find out what you can Corporal Belloch, but don’t focus on it too much. We’re just passing through and just need to know what and where to avoid.” her instructions were curt and to the point, having seemingly recovered from whatever had been afflicting her earlier as all hell had broken loose. ”What we need is any Nav data they have available, topographical with rivers included. The older and more out of date the better. I need eyes on what once was rather than is now. Put the word out to your contacts that we’re willing to pay through the nose for verifiable data.” She pauses and adds. ”Do not hesitate to let them know we will return out of principle for anything given in bad faith.”

Frida wasn’t one to talk about bad faith of course, while the others had come onto the mission with false pretenses, it was her entire existence that was a lie. A small exhale left her then as she focused on keeping herself together. She was leading the blood hounds right to them... But with Marvin gone it seemed like their man on the ground advantage was missing. So it was only a matter of time before they reached out to her to show their hand...
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Checkers
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Checkers »

Checkers, as is his custom, goes looking for food first. He finds a butcher selling something vaguely resembling pork (the shopkeep insists it's ankylosaurus, but the meat isn't gamey enough) and walks away with about thirty pounds of it. He finds somewhere out of the way to have his breakfast, and then begins looking for armaments.

If he can find them, he will pick up a pair of vibro-blade vambraces. If not, he's content with the loadout he has.

While wandering, he
Notice 1d8!, 1d6!: [8!, 4]+[5] = 17 total of 12
for any overheard information. He doesn't try to sweet talk anyone, though; folks usually don't respond well to a kill cat sniffing around.

He doesn't spare the missing Marvin too much thought. Didn't figure he'd stick with us as long as he did.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
User avatar
Henry
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: 3.0 Into the Kingdoms

Post by Henry »


Catching up to the man named Jorge Torro Negrete, the two slip into the shadows and discuss business.


“Jorge! Hey. Long time no see.”

The older man turned to look back at Henry. For a moment he rested his hand on his hip holster and just eyeballed Henry. Greasy long grey hair blowing in the breeze. Then recognition set in.

“Dan…err Zero? How in nine hells are you still alive? Last I saw of you, was what, when they airdropped you into that Xiticix hellhole! Suicide mission – or was supposed to be.”

Laughing without any humor, “Yeah. Shit asses said: You got this. For Emperor and Humanity. Here, take this nuke to the queen. If you survive, we’ll reward you handsomely and even if you don’t, your sisters family are now considered citizens, no more burbs… took me a while but I got back. Suppose you were long gone by then eh?”


The man named Jorge looked concerned and wrapped his fingers around the butt of the blaster.

“Jorge. Relax man. I’m not here for you. In fact, I need your help. I always thought you were the real shit, fucking stole a DHT and shite loads of CS weapons and just disappeared. Who knew you landed here. On that subject, I’ll never tell. I need some gear. My lot just arrived and we are going to quietly hole up here for a bit and get ready to carry on further into South America. Got another suicidal mission I’m on. But, before we charge into the jaws of death we need a bit or R&R and to restock.”

Several heart beats later Jorge lowered his hand to his side and nodded.

“Recon even unarmed you got the drop on me Zero. Add to that – you seem unkillable, and if you do keep your mouth closed on having ever seen me – well then I’d owe you. Follow me Zee and we’ll head to my bunker.”

“Henry Grimes. Going by that for now. Lead on brother.”



----


Returning to the CS ATV that evening SSgt Grimes informed the others that he had secured a safe house with attached large garage for the ATV. He suggested to Frida that Jack be allowed to snoop around some and see if any of his contacts might be in town.

He pointed at the 8-foot-tall metal robot with him and introduced it as a replacement for DV8.

“This is an old ENENCOR model … I’m calling him Ed. Checkers, I got the house but not any food. Could use your help in that matter. LT, there is a small clinic here in town if you have any desire to help out some. Its mu opinion that we take a few days R&R and restock supplies. I got a guy here who we can buy and borrow gear from.”


OOC This game will be on hold for a few months until Technospawn can pick it back up.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company -- Active Game
    • Machinations -- Active Game

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes CS Ranger (Wilderness Scout)
    Active Character
    Lost Jungles (Coalition States) GM - Technospawn (AGM: Lars)
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Character on Hold Temporarily
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco

  • Player Account's UNLOCKED: 8
Post Reply

Return to “Field Operations”