0.1 Deployment Orders (Opening Scene)

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

0.1 Deployment Orders (Opening Scene)

Post by Daniel »

NOTICE OF DEPLOYMENT ORDERS (COALITION STATES / CHI TOWN FIRST ARMY)

Order 230 — 555
March 6, 110 P.A.
<<Insert Character Name Here>>

You are ordered to duty as a member of the Chi Town 1st Army’s FIRST FORCE RECON unit until such date you are released or your term of service expires.

Proceed from your current location in sufficient time to arrive by March 12, 110 P.A.

REPORT TO CHI TOWN ARMY OPERATIONS STATION: Level 1-154.
Arrive no later than 0800 hours on said date in full dress uniform, to level 1, ops brief room 154. Check your gear at CPD building 13. Do not bring weapons to the briefing at 0800 (CSCJ general order 31-5643.5).

Notice. In addition to your original enlistment orders, assignment to a Force Recon unit ensures either a bonus of 10,000 standard credits paid after one year in the assignment or citizenship for one person of your choice as long as they pass ISS background. You do not need to decide until the year has passed.

Player Characters are Coalition and have been ordered to be part of the 1st Force Recon unit. Your opening post should cover:
  • Where you were previously assigned and what you were doing there (example you worked in Chi Town as a basic grunt, or you were head of sanitation in Lone Star etc.)
  • A short bit about a previous thing that happened that might explain your promotion (not rank, the new job) to Force Reconnaissance (long range recon special operations).
  • Finish up with your arrival at the briefing room. You arrive at about 0730 hours a full 30 minutes early which means you all can interact and RP some. You all have been in the Army for roughly a year or two.
As soon as you each post, the next GM post will be the 0800 briefing. (Written and ready). — Lars

Oh, and if you post at least two RP posts here you earn a Bennie!
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Checkers

Re: 0.1 Deployment Orders (Opening Scene)

Post by Checkers »

Checkers' first posting was to the Magic Zone. The brass didn't give him a lot of direction: they gave him a territory and said "go." He would go for days or weeks at a time, just hunting his designated range. Sometimes, orders came in to link up with CS patrols for missions, and he befriended some of the troopers with whom he served. The humans who served in the magic zone were not so closed minded about mutants like him, and he found some unexpected camaraderie with them.

He racked up some pretty good kill numbers for a cat of his experience, and it got him noticed. When putting together the new team for the First, his name came up and he got shipped off.

Checkers is the first in the room, and he sits near the front, intending to be super attentive. After a few minutes, though, he begins to get fidgety and starts scratching doodles into the table with his index claw.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

The road to briefing room 154 had been long.
Debriefing Prior to Surgery

Mr. Marvin looked across the table at the man sneering back at him. The man had a grizzled beard and peppered hair. A stark comparison to Mr. Marvin’s clean shaven face and bald head. A small ISS patch was the only thing that seemed to identify the man.

The man tapped an electronic data pad and introduced himself, “My name is Major Wolfe, tell me about Operation Fox.”

Mr. Marvin took a deep breath, his juicer rigged sputtered. It had never been the same after being damaged during his last mission. Mr. Marvin tried to smile but a life time of killing made it too hard for it to come across genuine. Still he new enough to play the game and be cordial, “Sir, I had joined up with the tomorrow legion and acquired a posting as planned with their 101st team. Their naming conventions seemed arbitrary at best but that particular team seemed most likely to bring me into close contact with Devlin Grinch.”

Major Wolfe tapped his data pad making notes. Mr. Marvin noticed the major’s knuckles were calloused as if the major like to beat on things. Mr. Marvin continued filing that peice of information away for later use, “Sir, intelegence led the 101st to rescue a group of refugees from some Splugorth minions. It was there my juicer rig was damaged. During the ensuing fire fight I was separated from the other tomorrow legion members. I found myself in the midst of the refugees. I located Devlin, extracted him out of the area in the chaos.” Mr. Marvin paused considering the last moments of the battle, “ The tomorrow legion thinks I am dead, atomized.” He squirmed uncomfortably in the chair as his juicer rig sputtered barely feeding him the requisite cocktail of drugs.

Major Wolfe nodded making some final entries,“Yes good good. Devlin has been a good asset to have in the fold, perhaps a better one if he had hands no?”

Mr. Marvin shrugged, “ The battle was quite chaotic sir.”

Major Wolfe sneered again, “So you said.” The major’s tone changed to one that was lighter and quick, Well then, that is all I needed. High Command has approved the detox procedure. Surgery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. Good luck.”
Always dressed for the occasion Mr. Marvin stepped into the room wearing his suit and tie. He has always assumed it made people more at ease when wearing something fancy. People at ease were easier to kill. Of course having to recover from his detox surgery it had meant that the world population had increased but he was ready to even it out some. He had his duffle, with his armor, bow, and sniper rifle with him. Of course he saw the hulking kill cat. He stuck out a hand and best he could mustered something akin to friendly, “The name is Mr, Marvin, thats two Ms. A simple and profound pleasure to meet you in this sterile yet auspicious cage for our dreams and hopes.” He smiled wide gesturing at the doodles, “I might not be the best art critic but you could give Rembrandt a run for his money.
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Checkers takes the proffered hand, his massive paw completely enveloping Marvin's hand, and he tries a smile.

"You're funny. I like you. What's a "remm-brant"?" He stretches out the word, trying it out in his mouth.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

As Checkers and Mr. Marvin shake hands they notice a door at the rear of the room opens. The door looks like a closet door, not a actual entrance door. The pretty woman who steps out of the closet looks flush in the face as if she was just in a fight or had been running. She looks momentarily wary of the two of you then just grins a catching smile, adjusts her uniform top (you notice she is a Major) and she reaches back into the closet to pull a bouquet of flowers out.

Flowers in hand she set her officers cap on her disheveled black hair and ignores you as she marches out the main exit door.

A few moments later a tall handsome man with bright blue eyes and dark messy blond hair saunters out of the closet. Wearing mil-spec pants and boots his shirt looks torn. Throwing on a
D7B305D6-A814-449A-A0CA-A4FF866D29B1.jpeg
D7B305D6-A814-449A-A0CA-A4FF866D29B1.jpeg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
he covers up the torn shirt. Rank unknown as he’s not wearing the proper uniform you were all instructed to arrive in, his smile is infectious.

”Oh, hello boys. How’s it going? Just was helping the Major find something she really needed.”

Winking at you both he adjusts his pack and moves over to one of the chairs in the room to drop it into the chair.

Unburdened of the heavy backpack he stretched and yawned before moving over to offer you both a warriors grip (hand shake where you grab the forearm).

”Isn’t this all quite exciting? You both look like you’ve seen some combat. You, I notice the healing scars at your neck. I commend you on recovery from juicerhood. My buddy from Prosek High went juicer all the way to heart attack. Miss that guy.”

At a good solid, well muscles 6 ft 4 inches , the leather coat wearing ladies man looked the heroic part of a soldier. He still had to look up to see Checkers eyes.

”I dunno if I want to pet your fur or drop dead in fright from you. You sir are a excellent looking Kill Cat. Thank Lady Prosek’s long legs you’re on the team. I’m definitely feeling better already. It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Henry Grimes. Just Henry is fine.”

Henry is genuinely nice and happy to chat with you both if you’re interested. He turns a chair around backwards to sit in it. Leaning back in the chair he says: ”Looks like we got bout half an hour to kill. You guys pay cards?”
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle

Klanker

Post by Klanker »

Looking down the hill at the massed Federation soldiers, Ron Vasseur sighed deeply. A quick glance over at the Sargent confirmed Ron's worse fears. They were going to be sent down as the first wave against the Federation encampment as a bloody distraction. Just great. When the command came to head down the hill towards the DB's and mages, Ron grabbed his laser rifle and joined his unit in the assault. They needed his help... and the fact that their Sargent would shoot him in the back himself if he was to run.

His unit got decimated. After just a few seconds they were down to 3 men up out of 20. They were the perfect distraction, however. Thankfully the Sargent was one of the first to die. Grabbing a couple of his team mates by their collars, Ron started carefully dragging them to the medics. No need to draw the attention of the enemy. After getting them over the crest of the hill, Ron went back down the hill after more. As he almost crested the hill with the next pair of team mates, Ron saw a grenade coming towards them... no, it was going to go just over the crest and land next to the two soldiers he had already dragged up the hill. Dropping the two soldiers he was currently dragging, Ron ran and jumped on the grenade. There was a thump of pressure and everything went black.

When he woke up, he did not feel any pain. In fact, he could sort of see and could hear, but that was it.

"I am Gene Fletcher. I am the technician assigned to this ward to help you get accustomed to your new body. We will be turning on an additional subsystem once you get accustomed to your current set. In addition to your team mates, your actions saved the two teams of medics that were working on them. We were able to recover enough of you to put you into this experimental Borg body. You needed more than the normal level of life support during the process so this was the only choice. We take care of those who take care of us. This is the brother of one of those you rescued. Colonel Baker, here is the man."

You hear the measures thudding of his footsteps down the hallway well before Klanker ducks in through the door. He has to be the biggest Cyborg any of you have seen.

"Klanker reporting to duty. Sorry about the extra noise... I am still adjusting to my new body here. I was just released from medical after they decanted me into my new chassis here. I was told this new body of mine being of non-standard issue, it would not scream 'Coalition' as much as one of the standard models, and the sensor suite on this baby is something you just have to experience. A Kill Cat, a Psi-Stalker, a Pretty Boy Human and me... interesting squad they are throwing together so far."

Walking over to the corner, Klanker sits on his haunches as we waits for their briefing.
Klanker
Main: Tiny Tim
WIP

Bennies: 1/3
-2 due Vigor Reroll vs. Fatigue
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Before Mr. Marvin could launch into what would have been a storied treatise on the works and life of Rembrandt a fellow named Henry Grimes sauntered in. He did saunter didn’t he?

Mr. Marvin’s eyes narrowed. Some people deserved to be put down and in another life he had made it his life’s work to make sure the line of Grimes had ended. Must have missed one.

Mr. Marvin smiled instead of stabbing Henry in the eye with his vibro blade. The smile came off more predatory than friendly, “An absolute please of epic our purportions and a mighty blessing on your house. I am Mr. Marvin, Grimes was it?”

The former juicer also offered some what of an acknowledgement to the cyborg who followed in after. He made a point of lowering his voice in case the poor cyborg’s enhanced audio receptors were too fragile “Welcome to the team my rotund friend. I am Mr. Marvin, At least you and I are on our second chances. It makes me wonder if in some way Checkers and Grimes are also on the path of a second chance.” He politely gestured to Checkers and Grimes in turn.
Bennies
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Grinning at Mr. Marvin’s statement Henry says: ”Quite possible this is my second chance. It’s something alright.”

What the hell am I doing here? How did I get assigned to special ops?

Leaning dangerously farther back in the chair Henry looks at Klanker.

”Based on information I was told about by a very lovely blonde officer down in Lone Star I’d guess you’ve seen some action Klanker. Project Rebirth, under Operation Hellbender. That Col. Lyboc has been pushing the project like a man driven by demons. Experimental variations of the standard cyborg all under the guise of wounded soldiers will want revenge in new bodies. Same lady friend said Col. Lyboc was even having CS troops purposely ambushed so he could get volunteers. That Lyboc has nine lives and could play in the trash and come out smelling like a rose.”

Standing up and moving over to Klanker he offers his hand to shake.

”Klanker, I’m Henry Grimes, call me Henry please. Apparently I’m the Ranger. Good to meet you!”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Checkers' ears twitch at the "nine lives" joke.

"Lie-bock? Who is this, now?"

As he speaks, he reaches out his paw and pats Grimes on the head. "Sorry. Your hair looks so soft." He gives the man a couple of more surprisingly gentle strokes, and then gives the cyborg a wave.

"I worked with a combat cyborg a couple of times on my first deployment. He had tracks instead of feet and said they posted him out of the way to keep him out of sight. He was damned fast, though, and a fair hand with a particle beam. I did not hate it when his squad got assigned to my range."

Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Frida

Post by Frida »

The properly fitted dress uniform felt strange to Frida, for she hadn't worn it since her initial graduation from basic training several years ago and had to get it re-tailored upon her arrival to Chi-Town. The short cropped blonde woman gazed intently at the HUD that appeared over her eyes, indicating the current date and time, as if willing the seconds to move faster than they had. She remained seated on the bench outside of building 13, where she had seen various figures enter for the upcoming briefing, in turn giving an awkward salute to the disheveled Major that had come out in a hurry, knocking over her own peak cap in the process. Fortunately the officer seemed to be distracted and in too much of a hurry to notice the failed gesture.

Frida exhaled deeply, this place was far different from Lone Star Complex where formality was non existent and she played mad scientist. Results were all that mattered deep within, and she had been utterly focused upon them until her transfer to the new special ops unit. Now she had to remember the regulations that had been taught to her long ago, wanting to keep as low a profile as possible in hopes no one would notice that she held the social graces of a bag of rocks.

Taking a step towards the entrance, she jumped backwards barely in time to avoid being knocked aside by a clanking metal monstrosity that simply barged its way in. She stood there stunned for a moment, as the huge thing didn't appear to even notice her presence on its way past. Had it been any wider, it might have crushed the sides of the door frame on its way through!

This is insane! I don't belong here, I'm not a hardened soldier like that! She thought as she regained her composure. Entering through the front entrance after enough time had passed to make it appear that she hadn't been tailgating the cyborg.

As her eyes fell upon the gathered band of unusual personnel, her gaze sighting the bald well dressed figure before her attention was then drawn towards the curious looking kill cat. The vision reminding her of the mutant experiments she had performed only months ago before her reassignment. The posting to the special ops squad recon unit was not exactly a promotion for her, but a convenient place for her that the brass at Lone Star Complex had arranged in a hurry to get her out of the state and away from any nosy inspections that may have been forthcoming in the future. The project had been a disaster, and now she could see that this new assignment was going to be equally if not more so.

All she had to do was introduce herself, and not screw this up... Concentrate, say the right thing. First impressions are important, this is how they will remember you forever.. She focused as her eyes drifted towards Henry, noting a similar disheveled appearance that the Major from before had possessed. Her mouth opening as she blurted out the sudden thought that popped into her mind.

"The Major, did you have sex with her??" Her voice blurting out the sudden question as she remembered the appearance of the woman who had left only moments ago. The words ending with a sudden and very awkward silence that filled the room as all turned their attention to her.

.....Fuuuuu-----
Runt

Post by Runt »

Comet, Sgt Blane, Jaques, Miller...an entire squad on their first run through the ruins of Old Chicago. Suddenly sandwiched between the Demons and the Federation. Hellfire burns. Magic explodes. Fangs and claws slice. Guns report nonstop. The guns fall silent. It hurts. No time to think. It doesn't hurt. Move. I stop. Look down. A claw pierces through me.

Grab my vibro knife. Cut it off. Move. Don't stop. I fall, like the others. Remember the others. Won't go like that. Get up. Move. Don't Stop. Everything goes black.

Runt wakes himself up with his own howling. It probably woke everybody else up, too, if any of them were still asleep. He often has nightmares of that first mission, so long ago. The patrol that found him said it was a miracle Runt survived the massive trauma. The medics kept him alive until he could be taken back to base for surgury and recovery. Good as new minus one eye plus a lifetime of night terrors.

It's become a bit of a recurring theme. Friends and squadmates eaten by horrors and obliterated by mages in the Magic Zone. A unit taken apart by and turned into vampires on the Lonestar border. Runt keeps getting sent into the deadliest missions and coming back out with nothing but new night terrors and fresh holes in the fabric of his soul.

He knows why he's being assigned to this new squad. They need someone who won't die. That's why he "signed up" for the experimental juicer treatment. Runt doesn't intend to dissapoint.

The huge dog boy quickly gets his dress uniform on. He can practically do it in his sleep at this point. It's sharp and perfectly creased. It's a struggle to get a dress uniform in his size, so he takes extra care of it.

Runt makes it fifteen minutes early. No more, no less. He steps to the side and stands at attention. He doesn't volunteer anything, but he answers when spoken too. 'Easier to lose them if you don't have anything to remember'

Runt is possibly the largest dog boy you've seen. He's tall, he's wide, and his muscles fill out his frame well. He's not hulked out like a titan, but he's far from weak. You see scars anywhere the dress uniform doesn't cover - which isn't more than his face and hands. He wear's an eyepatch over his left eye.

The dog boy's good eye moves across each one of them. He breathes their scent in. 'Kill cat. Psi-stalker. Cyborg. Humans. No psionics. Tough group. Good.'

Runt tries to ignore them at first, but he can't. He never can. He listens more intently to their conversations than his rigidity would suggest. He wants to know who his new unit is. Runt is hanging off every word while he stares straight forward, answering what few questions are asked of him, and waits for the briefing.

'This time will be different. This time will be different. This time will be different. This time will be different...'
Runt, Dog Boy Mega-Juicer
Pace: 14(d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 17(5); Burn: 7/8 (d6)
In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
–2 to actions at 5″ (10 yards) or more distance.
The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.
This Edge allows Juicers to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2;
Bennies: 3/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

As the short cropped blonde hair woman enters the room Henry unconsciously stands straighter as his blue eyes soak her in. Enlisted. Too bad. Not a deal breaker but officers were always more dangerous. He gives her a polite nod and smile anyway. Never burn a bridge without reason. Putting his hands in his non reg leather coat he grins and chuckles as Checkers ruffled his hair.

”Alright mate, I do try my best to keep it conditioned.”

Laughing out loud Henry moves and ducks.

Deftly dancing away from Checkers he ends up by Frida and Runt.

Henry smiles at her, nods at Runt and is about to talk to the Dog Boy when she blurts: "The Major, did you have sex with her??"

After a sudden silence settles over the room and a lot of eyes look his way he laughs again.

”I helped her find something she was desperate to find. Who’s to say. Did she look happy? Oh my gaw… did she brag? I took her for somewhat more… secretive. Huh, regardless, hello. I’m Henry Grimes, just Henry if you please.”

Stepping up closer to the Dog Boy Henry grins.

”Damn friend. You look seasoned. My thoughts on survival just improved again. What’s your name? I’m Henry. Glad to meet you.”

As he talks he hands Frida a yellow rose saying he grew it himself in his garden and it nicely matches her hair.

Moving back towards the center of the room he points out everyone and their names to Frida and Runt.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Runt

Post by Runt »

Henry wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:58 pmDeftly dancing away from Checkers he ends up by Frida and Runt.

Henry smiles at her, nods at Runt and is about to talk to the Dog Boy when she blurts: "The Major, did you have sex with her??"
Runt continues staring forward at attention, and even though it doesn't show, the large dog boy is mildly amused. 'Pups.'
Henry wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:58 pmAfter a sudden silence settles over the room and a lot of eyes look his way he laughs again.

”I helped her find something she was desperate to find. Who’s to say. Did she look happy? Oh my gaw… did she brag? I took her for somewhat more… secretive. Huh, regardless, hello. I’m Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes, just Henry if you please.”
Runt makes a mental note of Henry's name. 'Good name. Never lost a Henry.'

It's a nice thought, and he doesn't mean to, but Runt quickly ruins it for himself. 'First time for everything, though.'

Henry wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:58 pmStepping up closer to the Dog Boy Henry grins.

”Damn friend. You look seasoned. My thoughts on survival just improved again. What’s your name? I’m Henry. Glad to meet you.
Runt's good eye bores into @Henry. The huge dog boy takes a moment to respond. He's not sure how to respond. They don't usually talk to him so soon. When he speaks it comes out low and gravelly. The sound could be mistaken for a growl, but it's not, "Runt. I survive. I always survive. If something takes me down, just keep moving. Ill get away. If I can't, I'll take it with me."
Henry wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:58 pmMoving back towards the center of the room he points out everyone and their names to Frida and Runt.
He likewise commits the rest of their names to memory. 'Checkers. Marvin. Klanker. Frida.'

'This time will be different.'
In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
This Edge allows Juicers to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.

Edit Signature
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

Checkers eyes @Runt as the bigger than normal dog boy comes in. He gives the air a sniff or two, and his nose confirms what his eyes can clearly see: Runt is no pup, and the cocktail of drugs running through him means he's undergone the treatment. Well, damn. He's worked with other mutes before, including dog boys. Hell, most often with dog boys, the way they breed 'em.

In spite of himself, he finds a bit of respect for the scarred psi-hound. Good. This posting will be interesting, at least.

He does not, however, say anything just yet. His blood is racing at being in such close proximity with another predator, and he vacillates between looking forward to hunting with the big dog and immediately wanting to hunt the big dog.

So distracted is he that the entrance of the new human female, @Frida, merits only a huff and one ear turned in her direction. His eyes don't leave Runt.

Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Frida

Post by Frida »

Silently cursing herself, Frida tries to gather her composure as she is bombarded with the rapid fire explanation and questions from Henry. ”No, she...” Frida tries to get out before she is cut off abruptly with the offering of the yellow flower. Now at a complete loss for words as she quickly reaches out to grasp it in her fingers as the man shifts his attention over to Runt.

”A Tracheophyte. Rosa Primula, of the family Rosacase.” Frida mentions as she examines the object, turning it upside down to examine the stem and thorn types it possessed. She was not a botanist by any means, though some parts of it had been covered under her biology studies. ”What is it for?” There is another lingering pause as she stares at Henry, the improperly dressed figure now clearly more interested in the large furry creature next to her as she then mumbles out. ”Frida Bishop.” clearing her throat as she turns her attention to the large figure next to her.

”How long have you been in service... Runt?” Her eyes scanning the bio-comp implants hooked into the dog boy, noting his missing eye and scars. ”Has command assigned a replacement for the squadron for when you expire?” Her words did not come off as snide, her tone strangely only seeming curious even though anyone would be able to tell it was not exactly the most sociable question to ask. A single hand raised ahead of her as a holo image of a tube shaped interface appears, emitting a bluish beam from a metallic implant from her wrist. Soft booping sounds resound with each tap of her fingers she appears to be logging some sort of information on the display, a reversed snapshot of Runt appearing on the holo beam next to the text as she performs the entry.

The focused expression on her face, as she coldly entered the data with one hand, the other holding the rose still with the flower petals pointed directly to the floor spoke volumes about this woman. The first being that she seemed to hold a rare degree of literacy that was uncommon in the CS, and the other indicating to all of those gathered that she did indeed have the social graces of a bag of rocks... If that had not already been evident from her initial greeting. Though there was a slight nervous twitch of her right eye the moment she hears Checkers huff in her direction, the subtle reminder racing through her thoughts that she had likely lost them forever as far as first impressions had gone.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Runt the Dog Boy says he always survives and Henry gives him a thumbs up.

Now that Henry has moved past Frida’s blurted comment and done introductions while sweeping away her inquiry he rests his attention to her while across the room by Checkers.

Henry whispers to Checkers, ”Lyboc is the boogie man. Pray you never meet him.”

When Frida asks, what the flower is for, Henry says:

”What’s it for? It’s a distraction. A redirect. All flowers are a distraction. They allow us to see the beauty in life if even just in passing as we forge across a land invaded by monsters and magic.”

The sober somber moment ends as he laughs aloud.

”Typically the petals are prettier than the stem. Welcome to the party Frida. Looks like it’s almost 0800. Almost time.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Checkers

Post by Checkers »

"Hmmmmmmmm," Checkers rumbles in response to @Henry, his face still towards Runt. "He is our boogey man? Or someone else's?"

Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Checkers wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:09 am "Hmmmmmmmm," Checkers rumbles in response to @Henry, his face still towards Runt. "He is our boogey man? Or someone else's?"
Henry raises an eyebrow and smiles. ”If he becomes our boogeyman it’ll be over before we know it. Best not to dwell.”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Chi Town, Level 1, Ops Room 154
March 6, 110 P.A.
0800 hours

Major Zelhart
Major Zelhart
C12C112A-EDC1-4D7C-914A-A1BA25529ABB.jpeg (12.29 KiB) Viewed 4701 times

Briefing

At exactly 0800 hours the door to the Ops Room is opened and an officer walks into the room briskly and barks, ”At ease!” before anyone can stand at attention or salute. He makes his way to the podium at the front of the room and looks you all over for a moment. The man has one cybernetic eye and seems to be missing two fingers on his left hand. Frankly he looks combat hardened.

“Have a seat in one of the chairs… not you obviously.”

He eyes the large cyborg.

“I am Major Zelhart. I over see briefing ops to you knuckleheads in Force Recon. Listen up I’m only going to say this once. This operation is time sensitive.”

He paused a minute to scan the room. A frown appeared as his eyes rolled over either Henry or someone sitting by him.

"Now down to why you all are here. Last week our intel boys were able to record a briefing that occurred in those foul legionnaires briefing room.”

Pointing a remote at the large TV in the room the Major turns on a video. A strange D-Bee is talking.

”…a messenger came in with word of a lost temple being found in the kingdoms. We do not know the exact location but we have been told it is near the Tonto River. From what we can tell it was only found because there was a massive nexus storm over the temple but up till then there had not been any nexus points in the area. If what we are told are true there is at least one very powerful artifact in the temple that could give humanity an upper hand against the Vampires. No one knows for sure what it can do but they claim the temple is built to Dios del Sol."

The CS troops can see she looks very concerned as she keeps talking.

"I know this all sounds a bit far fetched and that is what took so long. We reached out to several contacts. Only one responded and they could not confirm it but they did confirm there has been a buzz of activity in the area. We can also confirm that the CS and Federation have dispatched teams to recover what ever is there.”

Zelhart hits pause. He clears his throat then says.

”The Third Force Recon was sent few days ago. You lot were meant to be sent on a different trial mission however now you’re going instead as the uhh mmm the Third Force Recon were killed in route. Their Death Head Transport was attacked by several dragons over Texas. We are going to fly you to St. Louis where the Third Fleet … knucklehead navy … are going to give you a ride in their ship down the Mississippi River all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. Last known intel was the Legion was in New Del Rio. We have a small team there watching the Legion. They were returning from another mission and happened to see the Legion. Communication has been difficult. Their team leader is a sniper named Charlie Lincoln who goes by Cobra. If to meet his team great. If not. Whatever. More on that in a moment.”

He hits play again and the Legion briefing starts back up.

”We can't ignore this and let either of them get a hold of the artifact if it does exist. Your mission is head to New del Rio and make contact with our agent there. Watcher will be given contact methods and codes use to identify the contact. We hope he will have move information when you get there and can help guide you to the artifact. You are to recover all artifacts or other items of power and bring them back here."

The Major turns off the TV.

Zelhart continues: ”So Cobra and his team have a stash of stuff and vehicles just outside of Uvalde TX. Here’s a map. Don't get eaten by dragons. Hopefully sending you by boat will pan out. Your new team is diverse and you all have great talent. One does not ask to join Force Recon, you get invited. Lucky you. Wear sunscreen and keep an eye on the sky. Don’t let them squids soften you up. Get your arses up to the flight deck, report to your DHT, uhh it’s Flight 8, and get going. I don’t care how you do it. Get the artifact before anyone else, or steal it from them, get it back here. Oh and if you haven’t figured it out yet we’re going under the wire on this one, going native. No standard armor or such. I want you looking like some shitbag mercenaries not Coalition. Dismissed!”

Feel free to RP here. Especially if you still need a second post to earn that bennie. The Major isn’t interested in further talk and leaves you with your orders to get to the DHT. Next GM Post, The Trip to New Del Rio will drop today. — Lars
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Checkers

Post by Checkers »

"So. Dragons. We came close to a big dragon once out in the Zone, but it flew over. Must've been big ones like that to bring down a DHT that."

Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Klanker

Post by Klanker »

Checkers wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:08 pm "So. Dragons. We came close to a big dragon once out in the Zone, but it flew over. Must've been big ones like that to bring down a DHT that."
"If we are facing Dragons, I will need to pull a bigger gun. My two Personal level Railguns are not optimal against a Dragon... especially anything that can take out a Deaths Head. Hatchlings... they are a hard nut to crack with them, but enough concentrated fire will eventually take them.down."
Klanker
Main: Tiny Tim
WIP

Bennies: 1/3
-2 due Vigor Reroll vs. Fatigue
Runt

Post by Runt »

Checkers wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:27 pm Checkers eyes Runt as the bigger than normal dog boy comes in. He gives the air a sniff or two, and his nose confirms what his eyes can clearly see: Runt is no pup, and the cocktail of drugs running through him means he's undergone the treatment. Well, damn. He's worked with other mutes before, including dog boys. Hell, most often with dog boys, the way they breed 'em.

In spite of himself, he finds a bit of respect for the scarred psi-hound. Good. This posting will be interesting, at least.

He does not, however, say anything just yet. His blood is racing at being in such close proximity with another predator, and he vacillates between looking forward to hunting with the big dog and immediately wanting to hunt the big dog.

So distracted is he that the entrance of the new human female, Frida, merits only a huff and one ear turned in her direction. His eyes don't leave Runt.
Runt feels the eyes of a predator on him. It's a sixth sense you develop in this world. Those who don't die first. His eye glances around the room looking for the offender. The dog boy considers the psi-stalker for a moment, a reasonable and valid choice, but @Marvin doesn't seem to be paying Runt any attention.

Then @Checkers and Runt lock eyes. Something ancient, as old as canines and felines, tries to take hold of Runt. He's a good soldier and he's been around long enough not to let it surface completely. Even so, he finds himself maintaining the eye contact, predator to predator, and waiting to see who breaks first. 'Not a game you're going to win, pup.'
Frida wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:50 am ...She turns her attention to the large figure next to her.

”How long have you been in service... Runt?” Her eyes scanning the bio-comp implants hooked into the dog boy, noting his missing eye and scars. ”Has command assigned a replacement for the squadron for when you expire?” Her words did not come off as snide, her tone strangely only seeming curious even though anyone would be able to tell it was not exactly the most sociable question to ask. A single hand raised ahead of her as a holo image of a tube shaped interface appears, emitting a bluish beam from a metallic implant from her wrist. Soft booping sounds resound with each tap of her fingers she appears to be logging some sort of information on the display, a reversed snapshot of Runt appearing on the holo beam next to the text as she performs the entry.

The focused expression on her face, as she coldly entered the data with one hand, the other holding the rose still with the flower petals pointed directly to the floor spoke volumes about this woman. The first being that she seemed to hold a rare degree of literacy that was uncommon in the CS, and the other indicating to all of those gathered that she did indeed have the social graces of a bag of rocks... If that had not already been evident from her initial greeting...
Without breaking eye contact with the kill cat, Runt answers @Frida in the same low, gravelly voice, "Twenty years. High Command just recruited me to join an experimental juicer initiative. Do not expect a replacement. If I go down, you have bigger concerns. I'm not some hot blooded pup puffed up on hot air, ma'am. I always survive. And now I have the juicer implants."

As soon as the major enters the room, Runt's eye snaps forward whether or not Checkers reacts similarly. The soldier in Runt trumps the predator every time. He hopes the younger kill cat learns that if he hasn't already.

He drops from attention when ordered and likewise takes a nearby chair even though he would prefer to stand. Runt listens patiently to the orders and is ready to leave immediately. He does stick around after the brief, however. in case his new squadmates have any questions or ideas to air.

Edit Signature
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Mr. Marvin in fact had been paying close attention to @Runt . As a former juicer himself he understood. Mr. Marvin offered him a hand and more sincere than he had ever been said, ”Runt, I am Mr. Marvin. I am extremely glad to have you with us brother. If you need anything let me know.”

As for the mission, it was not really a surprise. They would not have assigned me if it was going to be easy.
Bennies

Return to “Field Operations”