Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

1.0 Caught Out in the Open

Post by Technospawn »

Texas Wastelands
8th April 110 PA
Late night

They had left the bunker a few days ago and had only minor hiccups as they rush west across Texas. It was getting late and after a long days travel most of the team just wanted to set camp and get some grub. Just ahead a massive canyon split the country side and no bridges could be seen. The team approached the edge and looked down into the canyon and could see a massive ley line. Everyone knew this was not going to be a good place to camp. So the decision to move on into the night was made quickly. Going back and around would take days so the only way passed was through the canyon. The team proceeds down the slope with everyone on edge. It is not a matter of if something will happen it is a matter of when.

Dangerous Quick Encounter (DQE)
As you approach the rift a massive ley line storm spins up and several rifts begin to open. The things that you can se beginning to climb out of the rifts will leave you with nightmares.
Dog boys get a fatigue from the storm and will be at -1 from that fatigue.
The canyon is difficult terrain. Anyone running or driving will need to make a skill check. Failure will mean bumps and bruises.
Everyone describe how you fight your way clear of the storm and rifts.

To clarify, yes someone of you will be making 2 rolls. The movement roll and the DQE roll. Anyone just riding in the vehicle will not need a roll unless the driver fails, then you will roll athletics to survive the crash.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Re: 1.0 Caught Out in the Open

Post by Henry »

DV8 Drining skill 1d6: [2] = 2
Henry Inspire Roll 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 , WD 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Bennie to te roll driving… and … 1d6!!: [4] = 4 +1 vehicle, +2 from Henry, -2 DT
Shooting from DV8, 1d8!!: [2] = 2 +1 programming and +1 from the railgun.
DRIVING 1 Success, rolled a 5 total.
DQE Roll for Henry 1 Success, rolled a 5 total.
DV8 DQE Roll 1 Success, rolled a 4 total.

Henry screams at DV8 to watch out and makes particular suggestions to the robot on its driving with colorful metaphors that inspire the bot to do better. So as the APC go off the cliff Dv8 manages to land in one piece and keep driving. Of note, to Henry if no one else, the robot does catch the succulent cactus mid air as it drives one handed, saving the plant from ruin and once at the bottom of the cliff returns it to the dash.

“Close one DV, close one…”

The robot decides to shoot out of the open drivers window at a Spinny Reaver that dropped out of a tear in reality and charged the APC. The blasts detour it and it runs away.

Henry hangs partly out the open passenger door as he screams at DV8 and keeps an eye on tentacles reaching down from a rift trying to swat the APC so he can tell DV8 which way to dodge with the vehicle.

Blue and white crackling light and energy cascade like a cacophony of lightning bolts striking down at the ground, from the storm of Magic energy, several nearly hitting the APC.

Like a insane pirate hanging from the riggings looking out from the crows nest of a ship, Henry hangs onto the top front passenger door, his legs dangling out sideways away from the APC as it bounces further along in the ravine. Hooking one leg back into the APC he grins and yells, “ Ohhrahhhhhh! Go DV. Go!

The storm dumps a load of frogs and rain over the APC suddenly and Henry pulls himself back into the vehicle as it is careening madly across the ground. Slamming the door shut to keep out the critters the Staff Sergeant calls across the radio, ”Sarge! How’s it going for the rest of you?”

Black tendrils of inky smoke start curling over the front of the driver’s compartment and DV8’s mechanical voice mentions idly to Henry, “Staff Sergeant Grimes, Sir? We might have a problem Sir.”

Looking out the front window Henry sees the form of a shadow demon with long sharp claws and teeth forming in the front of the APC.

Inwardly Henry reflected on the fact that the first fight with the bandits was his first real combat. Ever. It had gone pretty well. Considering. But now. This demon was making his insides shake. Henry felt his stomach lurch in fear. He asked himself again how in the heck he had been assigned to the team. It had to have been a mistake. Henry missed the gardens in Chi Town.

DV8 stated: “Sir?

Kicking the passenger door open and leaning out as the shadow demon crawled closer, Henry pointed the CM-88 Equalizer, a large hand gun, out at the creatures widening grin. Shifting his aim down at its feet he pulled the trigger.

The recoil almost made him drop the gun and the shot struck at the demons foot, blasting it back, making it lose its footing and fall from the APC.

Henry sat back in the passenger seat and closed the door. Rolling down the window he tossed a frog out of the APC.

“Make sure that succulent doesn’t fall DV…..”
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Runt

Post by Runt »

With the team deciding to navigate the canyon during a storm with enemies approaching, Runt makes the decision to use his supernatural speed to jump out of the Mk1 and steps into the storm. He's almost knocked on his tail when DV8 tries to kill them all. Well, except for himself.

Runt
Success and a Raise
Maneuvering Athletics 1d12!-1: [11]-1 = 10
Wild 1d6!-1: [1]-1 = 0
to keep himself upright as he puffs out a ragged breath to let Henry know what he's doing, "Staff Sergeant, I'll keep my eye on the terrain and report any dangers before you come up on them. I'll deter any hostiles while I'm at it."

Demons. Runt hates demons. They always bring him back to his first nightmarish fight for survival. Runt keeps pace with the ATV as he ranges in front of it despite the icepick skewering him from temple to temple. 'This nightmare includes a storm.'

Runt readies his silver trident. If he's being honest, he's never had such a fine weapon. Silver to kill demons. Long enough to cover nearly anywhere in his immediate vicinity. He even begrudgingly allows that it has a certain...cool factor to it. 'Stop acting like a pup.'
Henry wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 am The storm dumps a load of frogs and rain over the APC suddenly and Henry pulls himself back into the vehicle as it is careening madly across the ground. Slamming the door shut to keep out the critters the Staff Sergeant calls across the radio, ”Sarge! How’s it going for the rest of you?”
"Business as usual, Sir!" Runt growls out a low, nearly subsonic vibration, "Storm's irritating, but I'm keeping my eye on your men Staff Sergeant."

It takes more than a dark, rainy night and a headsplitting migraine to keep the indomitable dog boy down. As the demons close in he trusts in the Staff Seargeant and his robot to keep the vehicle moving. If something happens to the vehicle, the squad can continue on foot. If the demons kill anybody... 'Not this time.'

First demons approach. Silver through the foot. It howls. Runt moves. Smells something behind him. Hears a gunshot. Glance back. Dark form falling behind. Keep moving. Something takes aim at the Mk1. Runt dives, rolls. Trident flashes, weapon falls. Keep moving.

Something big, foul, terrible. Too big, too close. No hesitation. Trades blows. Demon glances off, Runt slices. Left leg first. Spin right. Something knocks him left. Duck between legs. Right leg second. Run. Swipe up and catch the wings.

Runt isn't sure how long it continues. He only lives moment to moment focusing solely on keeping as many demons away from the ATV and his squadmates as possible. The
Success and a Raise (+1/Ignore up to -2 Silver Trident): 10
Fighting 1d10!-1: [6]-1 = 5
Wild 2 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Benny
Fighting 2 1d10!-1: [6]-1 = 5
WIld 3 1d6!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Benny 2
Fighting 3 1d10!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild 4 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4
I was really, honestly, not planning on using burn often...well, whatever: 1d6: [3] = 3
through the night and every time it does, a demon falls back.
Runt, Dog Boy Mega-Juicer
Pace: 14(d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 17(5); Burn: 7/8 (d6)
In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
–2 to actions at 5″ (10 yards) or more distance.
The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.
This Edge allows Juicers to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2;
Bennies: 3/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Diner came later than expected. Mr. Marvin raised an eye at the opening of so many rifts. Rather than shake in fear he smiled feeling his hunger swell. Hi eyes grew twice as large knowing his need for psychic energy would be sasiated this eve. Assuming Grimes and if robot don’t kill us first.

Knowing he would never keep up with the Juicer Mr. Marvin hung out a window using his feet to brace him while readying his bow. It was an interesting bow, made from a single piece of dark black wood. The string seemed to have been wrought from pure starlight. There was no quiver of arrows. When Mr. Marvin “pulled back” an arrow formed made of pure blue energy. He let loose arrow after arrow as best he could keeping @Runt’s six clear.

For added measure as the psi stalker gorged himself on the PPE of wounded and killed supernatural he cried into the radio, “Sir yes Sir! Hail Emperor Prozek.” You just never knew if someone was giving orders. Still hanging out the APC he yelled back in pto the vehicle responding to @Frida’s querry regarding bread. “Bread is ok, but they were more into making puff pastries and turnovers, even muffins!” He laughed, “But nothing beats this smorgasbord, Demon, Demon, Demon!” In rapid succession he took out three single horned four eye demons advancing on Runt. As he fired more of the strange arrows he kept the small talk up with Frida equally interested in what made her tick as much as clearing the Feild of demons and Spiney ravangers. “Frida, so you said you were from Lone Star huh? What was that like?”

Shooting 1d12+3 1d12: [12] = 12 ace 1d12: [8] = 8 ace wild 1d6: [3] = 3
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
Frida

Post by Frida »

”Dry and dusty.” Came the terse reply from Frida within the APC as @Mr. Marvin resumed their earlier conversation. Despite the highly inappropriate time to have this sort of discussion, the chaotic situation happening concurrently actually helped to put Frida’s mind at ease with regards to the awkwardness of small talk. She wondered still what was wrong with the corporal to bring it up again like that, but perhaps the calming effect to keep her from losing her nerves was exactly what he intended. Of course her response was also an accurate way to describe pretty much the entirety of CS Lone Star, doubly so if you counted the entire state which they claimed control over despite the majority of it being contested territory.

Looking out the window with her infrared binoculars, Frida examined the creatures closely. Smacking the side of the device as it started to spark and reveal a partially static filled image. Leyline storms did a number on sensitive electronics and she was taking a risk by using these, but she had little choice in the matter. They were facing all manner of strangeness emerging from spontaneous rifts, and she needed as much information as possible. She was in part thankful for the distorted image, as the supernatural fear the thing emitted still overtook her, causing her hands to shake and barely maintain a steady grip on the device while struggling to contain the MRE she had eaten earlier.

As the binoculars

Success and Raise (9)
Occult 1d10!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Die 1d6!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Monster Slayer Edge: The targets weaknesses and special abilities of note are revealed. All allies gain a +2 bonus to all trait rolls versus such creatures until the end of the encounter.
Frida would call out instructions over the radio, her voice carrying a similar static distortion as the storm partially garbled her message, she’d repeat the messages over again in case they were missed the first time. ”Subject demon class creature is indicating that it will be phasing out of visual sensory range. I say again, Subject demon class creature is indicating that it will be phasing out of visual sensory range. @Klanker, mark the shadowed target for the others with tracer rounds via your sensor array.”

Noting that @Runt and Mr. Marvin already seemed to be prepared for handling the regenerative aspects of the creature and its companions, she advised those not equally equipped for such things. ”Runt and Mr. Marvin are keeping them at bay with their questionably legal weapons. Conventional fire will keep the creatures disabled long enough for them to finish dispatching.” Rather than instruct the others on the specifics of what to do, she simply gave them the knowledge they needed to act under @Grimes direction, or on their own accord if needed. She knew that @Checkers especially would pick the smartest course of action, with the kill cat seeming to be best at judging what best to focus on when in the middle of combat while letting little distract him.

A tentacle from the sky reached through the small opening of the window and started to slither across Frida’s face just then, causing her to recoil backwards and slip downwards onto the floor. Rolling to the side as she scrambled to retrieve her fallen binoculars as the slippery thing slithered further inside in its attempts to reach her legs.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

"Business as usual, Sir!" Runt growls out a low, nearly subsonic vibration, "Storm's irritating, but I'm keeping my eye on your men Staff Sergeant."
”Our guys Sarge! They’re all our guys! Good job.”
”Runt and Mr. Marvin are keeping them at bay with their questionably legal weapons. Conventional fire will keep the creatures disabled long enough for them to finish dispatching.”
”Roger that ell tee! Hop to it you apes! Oh, and Lieutenant …. I filed the appropriate paperwork for them to utilize said weapons, fear not, don’t give it another thought.”

From the driver seat DV8 blankly states: ”Excuse me Sir….”

Firing one handed out the passenger seat Henry yells, ”Shut it DV!”
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Klanker

Post by Klanker »

Shooting (-2 due Difficulty, +2 due Targeting Eye... so Base roll)
  • Shooting: 1d12!!: [8] = 8
    Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise. No Damage or Fatigue.
    • Ammo Used: 2d6x2
      • 4d6: [4, 1, 6, 4] = 15

These new sensors give me lots of information on these Demons. I am guessing that if I was to see them with my old eyeballs, that they would give me nightmares. I hope they are vulnerable to my railgun fire.

Taking aim at the incoming demons, Klanker lets loose with two smoking barrels of railgun fire. It doesn't take them down, but it does slow them down enough for the ATV to gain some ground. The couple demons that land on the ATV are also able to be knocked back enough with concentrated railgun fire to fall off and are left behind. As they are going along, Klanker sees an opportunity. After they pass a particularly large tree, he cuts it in two and watches it as it falls on and pins some of the demons long enough to take them out of the chase.
Klanker
Main: Tiny Tim
WIP

Bennies: 1/3
-2 due Vigor Reroll vs. Fatigue
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Dry and Dusty… Behind his plastered smile Mr. Marvin understood why ISS had given him a file on @Frida. Her cagey answers seemed evasive at best and made up at worst. The ex juicer ducked under a demonic claw and shot it off in turn with a bright blue arrow. Mr. Marvin gleefully sighed soaking in the energy.

For a moment he frowned regretting the chaotic movement of the vehicle and the for the time being usefulness of Grimes. One day you will slip up Grimes, and I’ll be there to put you into the ground.

Like a persistant dog with a bone he kept chewing on @Frida’s so called story. He called out ducking some of the tentacles the beasts were apt to use, “Got it Frida! Lone star Dry and Dusty. I spent a couple of month’s stationed there. Ever been to Georgie’s Pie and Fry?” A popular enough establishment owned by George Gattler. “Mmm.. Their ice box lemon pie was to die for.”
Bennies
Frida

Post by Frida »

Frida had been busy rolling from side to side along the floor of the moving vehicle. The occasional soft grunt coming from her direction as she focused all of her attention on evading the writhing tentacle that had reached its way through the open window of the APC. An abrupt right turn by DV8 to avoid the large fallen tree caused a sickening tearing sound to emit around them as the window ripped the giant slimy appendage off at some point along its length, causing the wet tissue to hit the floor with a slurping thud. Greyish goo splattered over the walls and floor as the thing bled and wiggled its last throes in decreasingly violent fashion before eventually coming to a stop.

There was a long pause as Frida lay on the floor, her ears ringing and vision blurry as her breath fogged up the visor of her helmet. Pressing the button to pop it open, she heard @Grimes give his report amidst the firing of his gun out the window as the robot next to him drove recklessly, seemingly oblivious as to how it had saved her just now. ”Another questionable action Staff Sergeant. But, I am not a qualified weapons technician. I do not know what odd shaped laser weapon it is. It is effective against these creatures however, so it can be discussed at a later time.” Her voice came out with a winded groan as she used the seats along the side as support to stand upright once more. Looking behind her as she barely heard @Marvin shouting something back at her about pie through the howling winds as he continued his onslaught from out one of the other windows with that odd bow of his. ”It doesn’t take one of the RCGS to know that he’s utilizing a magic device.” Frida thought to herself, choosing her spoken words carefully so as to apply plausible deniability and ignorance should this come to a court marshal at a later date.

She had worked closely with those particular scientists back at Lone Star Complex. There was quite a bit of crossover with her work in the black ops labs, though she had always favoured biology as her forte. Showing more concern for the inner workings of the strange creatures that surrounded them than the energies and powers they wielded. They called it meta-physics in order to justify their interest as a way of showing that they were studying magic, but under the lens of the scientific method so as to make it CS approved. It was all semantics and a fine line to some, but as long as they weren’t seen flinging strange powers about, it seemed to ruffle few feathers.

”I don’t like pie Corporal.” Came Frida’s eventual reply. ”This isn’t a good... time for this... Talk. Focus on the task at hand.” Came an awkward reminder from the Lieutenant as she closed the visor on her helmet again, looking out the goo soaked window slot next to Marvin’s as she peered at the storm outside. Compared to the awkward conversation taking place, she seemed to be relatively fine with standing knee deep in tentacle remains amid a firefight, one hand gripping the window ledge as the other peered out of the infrared binoculars once more, shouting out strangely specific instructions on how to best fire at the weak points of each individual creature that came in contact with the APC. Keeping special attention to @Runt who had opted to leave the vehicle to get into the fray.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Texas Wastelands
9th April 110 PA
0300 hrs

The storm continued to rage violently as the party pushed through it. It took a few hours but DV8 was able to get the ATV pass the ley line and back out of the canyon on the other side. There was no clear path out of the canyon so they had to go down the canyon for several miles before they could get out. The inept driving of the robot was distracting @Henry enough that he has getting bounced around the inside of the atv while trying to shooting and command the robot. He never experienced anything like this while mowing lawns. He was tired and his whole body
Henry and DV8 have bumps and bruises = 1 fatigue

Stopping once they clear the valley to take an accounting of the team, Henry sees that @runt is still sick from the storm. Should they push on to New Del Rio or find a camp and get a few hours rest? Would the LT make the right choice or would he have to fix the problem again?

It is roughly 0300 and the team has been up for over 28 hours. New Del Rio is still 12 to 14 hours away and they lock the gate at dusk. There are the creatures spawned by the rifts, vampires, and other random stuff that could be hiding our here in the dark. So what do you?

If you push straight through you will need to make a vigor roll -2 or take a fatigue.

Modified Quick Encounter

Pick only 1 action to perform

Driving - Only 1 person can drive
It is dark out so all driving or flying will be done at -4 due to illumination. This can be offset with sensor systems or enhanced vision.
* Crit Fail - You drive in circles and end up back in the valley with the ley line storm still raging. The atv is damaged and you will have a dramatic task to fix it while being attacked.
* Failure - you get lost and add several hours to your trip causing everyone to have to camp out again or make another fatigue roll.
* Success - you make it to the camp or New Del Rio with only minor problems. If you went to New Del Rio it takes you 13 hours.
* Raise - you are awesome. You navigated the terrain with ease and made camp or New Del Rio with no problem. If going to New Del Rio you make it 9 hours.

Finding a camp for the night - Only 1 person can do this action
Since it is dark and you are in unfamiliar territory to find a suitable camp is a survival roll at -4. This can be offset with any appropriate equipment or vision
* Crit Fail - You stumble into a nest of vampires in a cave. You take 2 wounds as they attack you. You will have a running combat to fight you way through the nest until you can climb back out. You also burn through double ammo getting out.
* Failure - you can not find a good camp and the spot you pick is quickly overrun with very large snakes. Hundreds of 12 to 15 foot long rattle snakes. Everyone is forced to sleep in the ATV. Since it is so cramped you do not get any sleep and take 1 fatigue.
* Success - you find an ok camp but no water. You get some sleep but must use your own supplies.
* Raise - you are awesome. You find an hidden supply depot. It is safe and secure. There are 6 e-clips in one of the boxes.

Supporting the above actions
You can support one of the above actions. Support rolls are only -2.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Henry feels battered. Sore and tired. Looking over the others he worries for Runt. Looking at the lieutenant Henry waits to see if she will offer any orders.

A few minutes later as DV8 continues to drive the APC Henry sighs. Nothing but silence as everyone moves further away from the valley and Ley Line.

Pulling out a map the Staff Sergeant studies it for a bit. Camp or drive on to New Del Rio, that’s the question.

Finally Henry moves back towards the inside of the APC where Frida is. On the way he talks over the radio offering “good jobs” and “well dones” and “stay sharp and be on the look out” to the CS team.

Standing in the cargo hold as the APC bounces along Henry looks at the gore and mess of the battle then at Frida.

“You okay ma’am? Need orders. Drive on to New Del Rio…” Henry nods a yes.

“…or stop and make camp? as he nods no.

“It is your choice lieutenant.”

Roll 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Failed roll gains a fatigue.
Bennies also failed. Roll 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Frida

Post by Frida »

Frida looked at the others as they gathered inside of the APC, her visible eye through the tempered glass of her EBA helmet looking somewhat deadpan as it always did when she was hopped up on tranquilizers. Her voice somewhat muffled as the hatch on her wrist suddenly shot open to reveal a retractable syringe filled with some sort of clear liquid.

”We’re pressing on.” She said with near monotone cadence as she directed the others with a few motions of her other hand. @Klanker, DV8 appears to have suffered some minor damage that could hinder its mobility. See if you can get it serviceable again. @Runt, check on @Checkers and see if he is able to drive in the meantime, if not we’ll wait until the robot is capable again. These storms tend to have lingering effects on mutants.”

With that Frida abruptly

Success and 2 Raises (15)
Treating bumps and bruises with healing skill per p125 SWADE core
Healing Skill 1d12!+4: [11]+4 = 15
Wild Die [1d6!+4]: [2]+4 = 6
injecting him with a potent painkiller medication that would allow him to ignore the injuries he received for the time being. She didn’t have to resort to her experimental adrenaline neuro-simulants just yet thankfully, though she would make note to prepare them into her PDIL during the trip if the others started to show signs of weariness. The auto injector gave a sharp hiss as the fluid entered Grimes lumbar and set to work almost instantaneously. Of course his minor injuries still remained, but they would ideally see to themselves after some rest.

As the auto injector retracted back into Frida’s wrist with a sharp sounding clunk as @Henry might briefly wonder what sort of sanitary procedures were used on that needle and how often it might have been used on other people before him. Though the Lt. seemed to know what she was doing at least with regards to medical ability... Her leadership and social skills might be a different matter entirely however. Everything she said at this moment was direct and to the point, not exactly the sort of inspiring speech or congratulations one might expect for successfully navigating the leyline storm with minimal damage. She probably had more in common with DV8 than anyone else on the team.

”Sergeants, get the others to assist Checkers or DV8 with the driving. Watch the ground for hazards, look out for ambushes and make sure we stay in the right direction, whatever you think needs to be done. I’ll leave the details in your hands.” With that, the Lieutenant sat down on one of the side seats, reaching down into her trauma kit for a few moments as if to reassure herself of something before straightening back up again and resting against the side wall. Images of demonic creatures, slashing claws, tentacles and gunfire racing through her mind as the scenario that took place all came back to her. With closed eyes she focused on trying to calm herself, the words from the others sounding garbled as if they were speaking under water at her, she had barely been able to make out what the Staff Sergeant had said to her when he gave her an update of the situation.

They needed to press on and make it out of this area, no matter the cost. Seeming to

Fatigue check - Success (4)
Vigor 1d8!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild die 1d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0
during the rest of the long journey, hoping that nothing else would go wrong from here.
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Had 2 Fatigue but Frida healed that.

Henry Inspire: 1d8+2-2 and Wild d6-2
Roll 1d8!!: [13!!] = 13 Success with 2 raises
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

DV8 driving NOTE DISCORD CHAT CHECKERS WILL DRIVE AND DV WILL JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY UNTIL REPAIRED

(-1 injury, -4 scene, +1 vehicle +4 optics…. +2 from Henry Inspire/Support) Injury might be fixed by Klanker? If not 1d6+2
Roll: 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3

+2 to @Checkers

Narrative: DV8 will get out of the way and be fixed. Henry will be motivational and Inspire Checkers.

Henry points aft and tells the damaged robot to get back in the bay and get fixed.

As Checkers jumps into the driver seat Henry grins at the Commando and offers praise at his amazing driving.
Henry Character Sheet:
My Accounts:
Active

Klanker

Post by Klanker »

Vigor (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Vigor: 1d12!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
    • Bennie Reroll
        Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [4]-2 = 2
        • Bennie Re-Reroll
            Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
            • Free Reroll
              • Vigor: 1d12!!-2!!: [8]-2 = 6
                Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Result: 6 - Success.

Repair (+2 due Core Electronics Package, -1 due Wound Difficulty)
  • Repair: 1d6!!+1!!: [4]+1 = 5
    Wild: 1d6!!+1!!: [1]+1 = 2
    Result: 5 - Success

Notice (+2 due Expanded Detection and Security Array, +2 due Optics Package, -2 due Difficulty)
  • Notice: 1d8!!+2!!: [1]+2 = 3
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
    Result: 6 - Success.

"Roger, roger. DV8... come over here. I don't want to throw off the weight distribution too much in these driving conditions."

Once the robot come to him, Klanker's sensors go over it and after he plugs into it, does some adjustments to DV8. Once those are done, he sticks his head out the vehicle and concentrates on his sensors.

"Extra deep rut 150 feet ahead on the right side. If you hug the opposing trees starting about 120 feet ahead, you will be able to avoid it. The next bad rut appears to be about 225 feet on the left side..."
Last edited by Klanker on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Klanker
Main: Tiny Tim
WIP

Bennies: 1/3
-2 due Vigor Reroll vs. Fatigue
Checkers

Post by Checkers »

As the ATV makes its way through the storm, Checkers agitatedly checks his weapons and growls low in his throat. Damn dog got the open hatch before I could. Seeing Runt and Marvin and Klanker all leaning/climbing/firing out of the various available egresses, he holds back just in case. He
Athletics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [3]+[6!, 5] = 14
, but otherwise just "enjoys" the ride.

No stranger to going without sleep,
Vigor 1d12!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[6!, 4] = 14
and hops in the driver's seat.

"I swear they make these things smaller every year," he rumbles, adjusting the seat as much as the cramped cabin will allow.

He takes over for the damaged bot
Driving 1d4!, Wild 1d6!: [4!, 3]+[3] = 10 , Illumination penalties offset by kitty cat eyes, but -1 for it not being sized for him; still a success
moving the big ATV around. Large as he is, he resembles nothing so much as a jungle cat stuffed into a child's power wheels toy.

Pace: 8, Running die d8; Parry: 7 (or 8 w/Catnip or L-20 equipped); Toughness: 21(5); Size: Normal (2); Initiative Edges: Quick
Character Sheet
Status Tracker
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Doesn’t like pie? Who in this coalition doesn’t like pie?
Mr. Marvin bared his teeth in what might amount to a smile and nodded seemly understanding the time and place was inappropriate. But as he ducked under a tentacle while hanging onto the vehicle he was still amazed at either the boldness of @Frida’s lie or her Ill conceived palate. At his earliest convience he tested @Runt as well, “What about you Runt? You into the whole pie scene?” He would have asked Klanker but given how obese the combat cyborg was there was little point in asking.

Vigor vs Fatigue: 1d8!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [4] = 4 -2 for scene
Benny reroll with Elan: 1d8!!: [6] = 6 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Sleepless nights, long treks through arduous country were not unfamiliar to the former juicer. In another situation he might have given into the fatigue seeping into his bones, but not this time. Grimes had to die. Last in the line of Grimes that had met their death by his hands. The crystallization of his mission gave him a second wind to push on.

After a bit he raised an eye brow at @Checkers squeezing into the driver seat. Between, the oversized Clanker, Dv8, and Checkers things were getting a bit cramped. He opened the door and whistled, as if by an unseen force a white stallion ran alongside the vehicle. Grimes kicked a bit of tentcle through the door opening, and called to the commanding officer, “Sir! Permission to scout a head a bit, find us a solid road or a safe spot to bed for the evening.” He paused and added before he leaped onto the horse, “All hail the Coalition and the reign of Emperor Prozek.” I bet I can find the perfect place to drop Grime’s body too.

Survival: 1d8!!: [6] = 6 1d6!!: [3] = 3 +2-4=-2(4 total)

In due course Mr. Marvin rode back to the vehicle to give his report. Released from service the white horse back into the wild.
Bennies
Runt

Post by Runt »

Henry wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:04 am
Henry wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:40 pm
”Our guys Sarge! They’re all our guys! Good job.”
Henry feels battered. Sore and tired. Looking over the others he worries for Runt.
Force Recon One makes it out of the Canyon and keeps moving. Once Runt is satisfied with their relative safety, he finds a moment to pull @Henry aside.

"Sarge," Runt growls out with a slight edge he didn't intend - the lingering effects from the storm, "We're a long way from home. We may have to pretend to be a merc company, but we need to operate business as usual when we can."

The old dog boy motions backwards towards the corporals with his head while continuing, "Corporals Checkers and Marvin are mine, but we're all yours and the Lietenants. I'm old enough to understand, Sargeant, that I'm just a dog boy, and you can't teach this old dog new tricks. You go all soft on us out here, though, and us muties might get home with the wrong ideas in our heads. Something to keep in mind, sarge."

Leaving Staff Sergeant Grimes to his thoughts, Runt approaches the corporals, "Listen up! You all handled yourselves well. Check yourselves and your kit. If you so much as have a twitchy tail, a leaky hydraulic line or even an itch in your crotch you will report it. There's no telling what disgusting magic those demons could have slipped into you. Dismissed!"

Runt quickly moves off to follow his own orders before anyone might get the wrong idea - that he's worried about them.

He has nothing to report to Lieutenant @Frida other than the lingering effects from the storm, "No expended ammo or other incidents to report, Ma'am. My head is splitting, but that should just be aftereffects from the ley line storm."

The squad seems to have a clean bill of health, or at least nothing out of the ordinary after a hard ride through dangerous territory, so Runt follows his orders and gets Checkers behind the wheel. He finds a moment to confront @Marvin when the two of them both find reason to be away from the others.

Runt takes his helmet off, leans forward just a hair and
(Keen Sense of Smell +2, Fatigue -1) Notice 1d8!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild 1d6!+1: [2]+1 = 3
. His good eye locks onto Marvin's and goes hard for just a moment. Then Runt pats him on the back - the most comradely he's been with anyone in the squad yet.

"Good shooting. Thanks for having my back, Corporal," he thanks the psi-stalker as his eye moves to where he smells the bow and back to Marvin.

'Getting him back alive is my job. Whatever happens then is up to the Lieutenant and Staff Seargeant.'

The question about pie Marvin fires back catches the old dog boy off guard - such an unnecessary question. He pauses a moment and considers. 'Pie...too sweet, too many carbs from the crust, but..'

"Meat pie, Corporal. If I were to indulge, I would not refuse a meat pie," Runt responds somewhat gruffly and maybe even just a little embarressed.

It's been a while since Runt has needed to operate sensors, but he
Jack of all Trades: Electronics
(Fatigue -1) Smarts 1d8!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Wild 4 1d6!-1: [2]-1 = 1
and is confident he knows what to do. Juicers don't
Vigor 1d8!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Soldier Reroll
Vigor 2 1d8-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild 2 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2
, so he decides to help @Klanker look out for Checkers. Sitting down
(Untrained -2, Fatigued -1, Scene -2) Electronics 1d4!-5: [4!, 3]-5 = 2
Wild 1d6!-5: [5]-5 = 0
, though, Runt is a little intimidated by their complexity.

"Corpal Klanker! Confirm target at 12 o'clock," Runt barks out as they come up on a particularly gnarled and girthy tree, "Prepare to open fire!"
Runt, Dog Boy Mega-Juicer
Pace: 14(d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 17(5); Burn: 7/8 (d6)
In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
–2 to actions at 5″ (10 yards) or more distance.
The hero may discard and redraw Action Cards of 5 or lower.
This Edge allows Juicers to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2;
Bennies: 3/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature

Return to “Field Operations”