1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post Reply
Olek

1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Olek »


Out of Character Flashback …

December 28, 2098

The NEMA gunship lowered violently again. Lurching closer to the ground. The ash in the air was hampering the pilots ability to see and the gunships engines. Several tornadoes tore across the horizon and sheets of ice and ash blotted out the sun.

Captain Oleksander Vovk, NEMA Intelligence Agent, frowned and felt his stomach churn in unease. The last few days were a living hell and now it seemed the gunship might crash and kill them all.

As the gunship lurched downward again Olek saw one of insane portals in the distance. Two blue lines crossed and where they did a rip in the dimensional fabric was present.

Looking at the other passenger, the egghead who was being escorted to Bunker 66X to install the new ARTIE F1 AI unit.

ARTIE or Artificial Robotic Traction Intelligence Executive was a big black box on treads like an old tank. Designed to assist combat units in combat or scientists on trips basically the AI was a mobile assistant with several robot arms.

Olek has been ordered to take the egghead, David Blake, to Bunker 66X and make sure scientist and robot were safely in the bunker and out of the hell that was now on earth.

The pilot started to say something over the radio when suddenly the gunship spun and the engines cut out.



Captain Vovk groaned. Tasting blood and feeling bruised everywhere he rolled away from the intense heat of the engulfed gunship burning close by. The gunship was scattered across the field. It’s cargo a mess and tossed about. Several highly classified experimental projects out in the open. From his vantage point he could see the only project he’d been ordered to secure here in at Bunker X66. The other experiments had other destinations. No transportation meant they were not going to be delivered.



Dropping the box that housed ARTIE to the ground next to the main bunker doors he was thankful for the many cybernetic enhancements he had. The damned robot was heavy. Leaning against the doors Vovk punched in the access codes to the bunker. Scientist dead. Pilot dead. ARTIE delivered. For whatever that was worth…

As the doors slid open Olek pushed ARTIE inside. Looking back at the wreckage he sighed heavily, blood dripping from his injured body. He’d try to get as many of the other experiments into the bunker as he could.
Last edited by Olek on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:16 am, edited 71 times in total.
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Lars »


Tracking down the Brodkil who took the strange device and the D-Bee boy leads the mercenaries to a hill. Several hovercycles are parked outside large bunker doors that lead into the hill.

Image
Bunker
Bunker


The doors are closed. The site looks very old. The eight hovercycles are newer. There are fresh recent tracks around the closed doors. The doors look blast proof.

Once everyone gets a chance to post their thoughts on what you’re doing I’ll get next GM post up. So your post is planning. No rolls. Just RP. Also if you need details - ask - I’ll post responses.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Dale
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:06 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Dale »

Dale brightened on seeing the door, then bestowed an almost childlike smile on everyone else as he approached the door. He pointed at it.

"Hey, I...this is something I can help with," he said happily. "Yes...yes...look at it. Look at how well it weathered."

He got in closer to look at the armored box the keypad was set into. The years had not been kind of course, but it had held together admirably well; the advanced composites not suffering as much from rain, oxidation and temperature as metal might have.

"Give me a few minutes and I can get this open, and if there's power...well now." The cybernetic 'city rat' smiled beautifically. "Then we can make something special happen. Yeah."

Then he glanced back at the others.

"And if there's no power, well, we just find the hydraulic lines that keep the doors shut, release the pressure and...poof. These doors are just paperweights. Really heavy paperweights."
User avatar
Yumi Overdrive
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Yumi Overdrive »

Yumi was covering the door with her mecha's railgun as they approached, but moved it out of line as Dale excitedly headed for the controls. "Can you tell if those guys picked the lock before you?" she asks on the comm. "They must not have expected to be tracked and there doesn't seem to be any sentries... so that means it's a Dismounted Recon to take them by surprise. We should disable their bikes while we have a chance too."

"I hate Dismounted Recon" she grouses to herself.
User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Claudia »

”They may still be expecting us.” Claudia whispered out quietly as she stood between Yumi’s mecha legs. After speaking the words she simply stared at the others for several minutes, then turned and took several steps to the side of the door, positioning herself so that in the unlikely event of a sudden explosion or hail of gunfire that she wouldn’t be a sitting duck.

From there she stared at Dale while chewing her lip and breathing heavily. The distracting sound possibly getting his attention while he assessed the doorway and made plans to bypass the doors security. If he ended up looking her way, she would startle and take several more steps back before resuming the action as if nothing untoward had occurred.

”If you die, I will make sure that you are buried in accordance with what I think would be your wishes. But I would prefer it if you did not.” Would then come a confidence boosting platitude. The sort that she was certain would help keep him calm while opening the potentially deadly trapped passage.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Berk
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Berk »

Maneuvering Stompy carefully to right beside the bikes to help deal with them if any Brodkil get out or are invisibly nearby, Berk gets out his Storm Rifle and gets ready to open his third eye to see if there are any Brodkil invisibly hiding.

"Stompy here may be able to help open the doors if brute force is needed, but otherwise the two of us are just going on watch. When we get in, Stompy can stand guard at the entrance and attack any of the Brodkil that leave... or just smash any bikes that seem to be leaving without a rider... some of the Brodkil may not have cybernetics and can still go Invisible."
Last edited by Berk on Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 28/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
User avatar
Ox Devras
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Ox Devras »

Ox nodded at Dale. "I agree. There should be something keeping the doors closed. If the mechanism isn't buried inside then we may consider ourselves very lucky."

It took a moment for Claudia's comment about burial to register, and without hesitation, Ox depanned a response. "Don't waste my body burying me. You are welcome to consume my body and organs however you wish. Perhaps a bit of my strength and spirit will remain in what you consume and I may strengthen you." WIth great difficulty he kept his facial expression steady and serious as he looked to each of the others to see their reactions.
User avatar
Nerak
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Nerak »

Nerak looked at the bikes then the door. "I can disable the bikes so they won't move. Then if needed I can shut down the security system for the bunker."

Nerak's hand begin to cackle with electricity as he centers himself for the coming fight. Hopefully the others would not get in the way. Eight against one was not fair odds but the group did not want to wait for more brodkil to arrive to make it a fair fight. As long as the others did not get in the way the brodkil would never see another sunrise.
User avatar
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Sparky »

Sparky chuckles at Berk's comment. "Heh, heh, not even Stompy is going for force THOSE doors. I don't even think I have enough explosives to get through them though I'm willing to give it a try." Pausing a moment as if to mentally calculate how many pounds of plastique it would take to blow a hole in those doors Sparky grins, "no I think Dale has the right idea. I think it may be a two person job though. At least it should improve the odds anyway. I do know my way around the inside of a service panel so I can play nurse to Dale's doctor and we can do a little surgery on that keypad."
User avatar
Fields
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:36 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Fields »

"I have done a fair bit of explosive works. I think if we all work together we can figure this one out." Then as if in after thought he adds. "But just in case something in there is upset we need a couple of you bigger guys ready."



Meta: For other players knowledge, Fields can not only support his support will also support the supporting rolls.
User avatar
Ox Devras
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Ox Devras »

Ox smiled. "I know you might think me all muscle and not a lot of brains, and it's true at times I do go off a bit half-cocked. But, I may be able to help play nurse as well. I've run into a few circuit boards and electronics here and there. Plus, I'll be up close if needed for any surprises..."
User avatar
Berk
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Berk »

"Stompy is ready, and I will be ready with my Rifle to pick off any who might make make their displeasure known with us. I can see that Stompy won't be able to fit in through THAT little door, but he should be a pretty good rear guard/alerting system... and those Brodkil would have a difficult time significantly hurting him."
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 28/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Lars »


Sorry about the wait. Thank you for your patience. Jumping back into the game.

Outside the blast proof doors the group assemble and discuss the plan for getting inside.

Stompy’s tail accidentally hits one of the hovercycles and it is bumped into another hovering cycle.

The clang of the two impacting does no damage but is loud enough that everyone collectively holds their breath for a moment. Just as it seems nothing else will happen, the blast doors open.

Startled, one Brodkil sub demon is sitting on a crate whittling on a piece of wood with a knife. He turns his piggish eyes from his project to looking out at all of you as he mutters in rough English: ”Uh crap…

The demon looks at you, a button on the far wall, then back at you all.

He drops the knife and raises his hands saying: ”No choice must fight you. Not like my odds.”

All but his bionic right arm and shoulder turn invisible as he lunges towards the far wall and pulls his energy rifle out to shoot at you all.


Instructions

Quick Combat (your rolls are at -2 due to the difficulty seeing most of the Brodkil).
Results of this QC will depend on the rolls you all make.
Crit Fail and you take 1 Wound from the Brodkil’s lucky shot.
Fail and do nothing useful in this fight.
Successes and raises add to Tokens needed to stop the demon from hurting you and pushing the button on the far wall. It looks like an alarm button of some kind. Stenciled on the mental wall adjacent the button is the word: Warning! Absolute incineration!

Tokens (Successes):
Less than 4 tokens and the button is pushed before you stop the demon. Demon still is killed at end of combat.
More than 4 tokens you put the demon down almost immediately and stop it from pushing the button.
More than 8 tokens and if anyone rolled a crit fail you collectively manage to ignore that crit roll so no one is wounded. Plus you put down demon and stop it.

FYI the room the demon is in is all metal. Floor, walls ceiling ect. The crate is wooden. Painted camouflage and marked with yellow “Use with caution-grenades”.

The far wall has a red button as mentioned above. At the other end of the room is a 16 ft wide metal hallway leading out of the room deeper into the hill.

Over the hallway is a sign that says: DOD Bunker X66.

There is faint lighting in the hall but it curves and the end is out of view.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Fields
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:36 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Fields »

Field's wasted no time, focusing his will he reaches out amplifying the reactions of the team. Trusting them to perform, he does not waste breath wroth orders.

18 for 4 tokens
Focus 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! with +1 and -2 to the highest: [19!!]+[5] = 24
The power moves out costing away old pains, and amplifying the team with a pain free movement only a teenager could expect in life.
User avatar
Berk
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Berk »

Shooting (-2 due Scene, +1 due Trademark Weapon, +1 due Scope... so base roll)
  • Shooting: 1d10!!: [1] = 1
    Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
    Result: 4 - Success.


Looking through his scope, Berk takes aim and shoots at the Simvan, aiming just a few inches away from the shoulder, where the chest should be.
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 28/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
User avatar
Nerak
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Nerak »

Nerak saw the brodkiland quickly moved into the room drawing the draining blade. The brodkil was weak and was not worthy of God Slayer. He was also not worthy of 2 swords so Nerak only used 1. He would not even charge the blade for this pathetic target. In a blur so fast that most of the team missed it, Nerak sliced the brodkil's left arm off at the wrist then reveresed grip and opened his throat. In less than a heartbeat Neark finished both moves and returned to lilies in the field. He scanned the room for threats but found none.

Fighting d12+2: [10]+2 = 12 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Claudia »

Seeing the Brodkil reaching for an energy blaster of some sort, Claudia reacted quickly and retrieved the Lightning Rod behind her back, flipping the switch that would activate the protective barrier it contained around those in her immediate vicinity. Unfortunately it appeared that the demon was a much faster shot than her however, where said blaster ended up taking a shot directly at her and hitting the magic device squarely at the base, causing her to drop it to the ground at her feet.

With a frown she quickly scurried towards it to pick it up, seeing that it fortunately hadn't been damaged, as another blast shot towards her. The second shot just barely missing her head as she had been bent over to retrieve the device. "They always go for the casters first... I need a new hat. The witch mumbled out quietly as she reconsidered her choice of attire, her EBA springing to life as she charged it up. Looking quickly towards the looming threat from the bunker, as she saw it being finished off by the four armed warrior on her team as he made quick work of it.

"Quite the introspective moment Claudia dear, but perhaps this is something to consider after the battle? Hardly the professional conduct of a mercenary that knows what it is they are doing. Do keep in mind you need to impress the others as well." Came a mental reply from the raven that had been perched on her shoulder. Seeming to impassively care little for the fact that weapon blasts had been headed in his general direction as well.

Claudia chewed on her lip at this, with a slight narrowing of her eyes as she glared at the bird.


Failure (3)
Spellcasting 1d10!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Yumi Overdrive
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Yumi Overdrive »

1d12!!: [2] = 2 Yumi had been expecting more trouble to come pouring out of the bunker... auto-turrets, security robots, a whole horde... one guy who turned into a floating arm was a disappointment in a way, but maybe a lucky break too. As a teenager, she barely notices the difference from Fields' spell, but she does appreciate it nonetheless!

She locks on her anti-personal lasers as best she can and opens up! Ruby pulses tear up the ground, the hillside, nearby trees, pretty much anywhere but where the Simvan is!




+1 for the spell and +1 for the dual lasers offsets the penalties, so...
Shooting 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Benny Reroll 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Last edited by Yumi Overdrive on Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ox Devras
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Ox Devras »

Ox grinned as he touched a pair of tattoos activating them. “You may not like your odd, but I love ours….” As the sword materialized in his hands and his eyes glowed, he stepped forward, hacking the creature just on the opposite side as Nerak.

1d8!!-4: [6]-4 = 2 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
User avatar
Dale
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:06 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Dale »

Despite not, by nature, being very aggressive, Dale is not completely helpless in a fight. Those fancy armbands he bought with the knives built into them weren't JUST for show. Though maybe mostly?

Anyway, on seeing this monster, and seeing everyone open up like that, Dale let out what was in his mind a pretty intimidating battle cry and ran forward. A blade popped out of his right-hand armband, and he shoved it into the brodkil's abdomen! Then he immediately flinched with a disgusted yelp as ichor flowed out over his hand. And in his startled dismay, instead of just yanking his arm straight back out...he windmilled his arms, ripping the vibroblade UP through the monster's torso, creating a huge HIDEOUS wound!

"Eyugh! What...oh that is...that is really icky..." He stumbled back, shaking his afflicted appendage out, trying to get the goop off...but only succeeding in sending spatters all over the place.

Rolls: Fighting 13, 1 benny spent
Fighting 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6 so 3+2 is 5... Oh wait, but this is at -2! Okay, benny.

Benny fight 1d6!! 1d6!!: [13!!]+[1] = 14
User avatar
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Sparky »


-2 Penalty, +1 Sharpshooter
Shooting 1d8!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4


Sparky raises his laser rifle to his shoulder and briefly considers ripping off a grenade but quickly decides against it. Collateral Damage might be a bad idea in this particular case me lad. Taking a quick aim he snaps off several shots getting at least one good hit.

Bringing the rifle down again he looks at it frowning. I really gotta spend some time calibrating this thing. The sights are off something terrible. He thinks to himself. Then he shrugs and leaving maintenance for later and seeing the Brodkil is down Sparky moves towards the entrance ready for anything. "Come on people, we're on the clock here!" he calls quietly to those behind him.
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Lars »


DOD Bunker X66

The demon stood no chance against the group and is obliterated before it can sound the alarm or escape.

Moving into the metal walled bunker you see a set of metallic stairs at the far side of the entrance that lead down.

The stairwell labeled 1 is the stairs you see. Once you see the other unlabeled stairs you’ll see they go down also. Located at D15 there is a high tech computer console flush with the wall. Down a few steps into the large main room there are double blast doors on the far wall. So two ways you could explore, down stairs (there is a sign over those steps that reads Break Room) or through blast doors. Also, there are two gun turrets located in the big room off to each side. They both hum and spin slowly (top portion can spin allowing four different kind of attack (plasma, laser, ramjet rounds etc) but the turrets are attached to the floor and don’t move. They are active but as of yet what sets them off you don’t know. Probably stepping into the main large area.

Headed In
Headed In
enter map 1.png (100.83 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

Instructions

First thing first. As you each make your way down stairwell 1 you each need to resolve setting off a trap.
  • Trap Details

    RAMJET (PROJECTILES ) TRAP
    • Type: Mechanical
    • Trigger: Motion detection.
    • Notice Check: at –4
      Or
      Thievery Check: at –4
    • Effect: 5d6 mega damage in Small Blast Template. Uranium coated bullets shoot downward from ceiling.
    • May knock targets Prone, roll a d6, on a 4-6 knocked down.
    • May be Evaded with successful Notice or Thievery roll (see notes below).
    • Reset: Timed.
    • Note: Prone - If a prone defender is caught in melee, their Parry is reduced by 2 and they must subtract 2 from their Fighting rolls. Standing costs a character 2′′ of movement.
    • Evaded: If an attack can be evaded and the character is aware of it, he makes an Agility roll at −2. Those who are successful manage to avoid the attack and take no damage.
Afterwards the second part of your post will be assembling in the area of D15. Decide between you all how you want to proceed. Go into the large room which will trigger a quick combat with the gun turrets or try using the computer in the wall to deactivate the guns.
  • If you attack and fight with the turrets

    Quick Combat
    Pick an appropriate Skill and roll at -2
    Results of this QC will depend on the rolls you all make.

    • Crit Fail and you take 2 Wounds
    • Fail and you take 1 Wound
    • Successes you take 1 level of Fatigue and earn a Token
    • Raises you are not harmed and each raise earns a Token

    Tokens (Successes):
    It will take 8 Tokens to destroy a gun turret. Remember there are two gun turrets.
  • If you Hack the gun turrets

    Task
    Pick a Skill:
    Just using Electronics Skill roll at a -10
    Or using the skill Hacking roll at a -6
    This is a very high tech NEMA system and will be difficult to hack. However, others with appropriate skills can assist whoever takes lead on the roll. Successful assist gives a +1 or a Raise(s) to assist gives a +2.

    • Critical Failure on *anyones* roll, lead person or anyone assisting results in the gun turrets activating and you move into Quick Combat.
    • Failure on lead or *anyone* assisting removes 1 Token.
    • Success of the lead character results in the turrets deactivating for a duration of two minutes (you are aware of the time restriction and will need to get to the blast doors and get them open in the two minutes).
    • Raises each add two minutes to the duration the turrets are deactivated. Giving you more time to go to blast doors and figure out how to open them - that’ll be explained in next GM post).
OOC Comments
Edit. As mentioned in Discord: Inside the crate in prior post is one small fusion block.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Berk
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Berk »

Notice: 1d8!!-4!!: [7]-4 = 3
Wild: 1d6!!-4!!: [4]-4 = 0
Result: 3 - Fail.
  • Damage: 5d6: [6, 2, 1, 4, 1] = 14 - No Effect. Knocked Down: 1d6: [1] = 1 - Not Knocked Down

Notice: 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Result: 1 - Critical Fail. Guns activate.


"Dale, I think that something important is behind this panel... just let me open it up for you..."
Last edited by Berk on Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 28/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
User avatar
Nerak
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Nerak »

Nerak eased down the stairs ready for more broadkil. What he was not ready for was the ramjet rounds that exploded from the ceiling. He had nowhere to move that would not hurt his fellow squad members, so he took the hit. It was a painful hit as the rounds tore through his left shoulder. He was bleeding pretty good this was not the time to stop and worry about a little blood. He approached the console and put both hands on the wall next to it. He centered himself and waited for the command to suck all the energy out of the building.

notice -4 to result d4!!: [2] = 2 wild -4 d6!!: [2] = 2 knock down d6: [3] = 3 damage 5d6!!: [4, 1, 1, 9!!, 9!!] = 24
User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Claudia »

Claudia adjusted her hat after the battle with the Broodkil had finished. There was already a small hole in the brim from an errant laser blast that had just barely missed her as she had failed to be of any use in fighting it. That said it wasn’t exactly that she had been needed for it given the unholy amount of fire power and deadly blades that came from her companions shortly after. What would have remained of the creature would have been a fine paste or powder when all was said and done. Still, the witch knew better, feeling that tingling sensation of the creatures soul crossing the boundary between worlds as its essence returned from where it had come. As brutish and common as the Broodkil were, at the end of the day they were still demons, and had their own laws of nature that many did not understand fully.

What happened next had been a bit strange on her part, where by virtue of the fact that she had been at the rear of the group as they descended down the metallic stairs and into the compound. The more gung ho and overzealous among them had begun taking explosive fire from the ceiling in a sudden series of rapid blasts of uranium shells as the group had collectively walked right through the sensor that would set it off. That Claudia had been paying enough attention to that to
Trap
-4 Scene
Success and Raise (9)
Notice 1d6!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild Die 1d6!-4: [6!, 6!, 1]-4 = 9
in her tracks would have been her saving grace as the shells fell in front of her, mere inches away from tearing apart her own face and feet as they shot downwards at her companions in quick succession succession.

Her stare remained blank as she simply looked upwards at the source in either stunned shock or intense calm as it continued to fire, shifting on its servo to now aim at her. For a moment her eyes widening as it riddled her chest and abdomen with large holes, causing the witch to finally take
Failed Evasion Check (1)
Evasion 1d4!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Damage 5d6!: [4, 3, 2, 5, 4] = 18 Shaken and 2 Wounds
Knockdown 1d6: [1] = 1 Not Knocked Down
Injury Table 2d6: [3, 4] = 7 Guts
1d6: [1] = 1 Broken: Agility reduced 1 die
necessary step backwards.

”I think...” She paused for a moment, looking down at herself as the mystic power of her survival armor that activated to generate a force field that barely kept her intestines from spilling out onto the floor. ”...That there may be more from here.” Came the captain obvious statement of the year, the girl leaning back against the wall as her body started going into shock. “Is anyone... dead?” She finally asks, coughing up a spray of blood as if remembering at the last moment that a normal person was supposed to show consideration for others. Though the method of delivery could have used some work.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Fields
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:36 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Fields »

Notices traps
Notice 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! Scene modifier -4: [2]+[4] = 6
Benny Notice 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! Scene modifier -4 and Elan +2: [5]+[3] = 8

Second Benny Notice 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! Scene modifier -4 and Elan +2: [9!!]+[2] = 11
As Fields enters the room and sees the traps being sprung he calls out a warning to the team, to late for some, but hopefully soon enough for others. He nearly stepped on one of the things himself but some deep intuition caused him to slow down. More than once following a gut instinct, a little bump from his subconscious was enough to save his life and this seemed like one of those times.

As the team approached the computer station and began planning to disable to weapons Fields gave specific instructions of what to look for and how he needed the team to coordinate. He had worked with electronics enough to know the basics and did not want those without the knowledge being inhibited too much.

Whole Team gets +2 support on Electronics
Support Electronics for whole team 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! with a +1: [7]+[2] = 9

Jack of All Trades for Electronics 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [7]+[5] = 12
Belated Evasion Roll
Adding an Evasion Roll 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!! with a -2 modifier: [3]+[8!!] = 11
User avatar
Yumi Overdrive
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Yumi Overdrive »

Yumi covered the door with her AP lasers as everyone else went in... it was clear she'd have to go in on foot, there was no way she could just tear the roof off and go in with her mecha, not with a bunker this heavily-reinforced. This sort of thing had come up before! She brought her Titan down to one knee and hopped to the ground, drawing her pistol and advancing carefully.

Not quite carefully enough, as the drop-down guns got her right in her center of mass... which was where the plating was thickest. It knocked the wind out of her and sent her reactions going every which way, but she managed to scramble her way clear, laying against the wall panting.

"I'm... OK..." she gasped as she tried to get herself together, breath fogging up her faceplate. "We should try to bypass those guns, there are probably more and we can't shoot them all..."



Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Prone 1d6: [2] = 2

Dice rolls
Damage 5d6!!: [4, 2, 1, 2, 1] = 10
User avatar
Dale
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:06 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Dale »

Dale adjusts his glasses and pauses just before triggering the trap.

"Oh ho," he chortles. "That's...yep, that's a good one there. Well played whoever built all this." He then reached into a pocket, produced a small rock, and pitched it into the detection area. Immediately weapons lit up the hallway, and in the brief window where they were cooling and reloading, Dale hurried past that area, barely making it out before the barrels started whirring to track him again.

From there he spotted the turrets...but more importantly, he spotted the control panel.

"Hey, guys," he whispered. "I need to..." Dale pointed frantically at the panel. "...over there. So, maybe cover all? Cover me? Cover things? Do that thing you do to stop me from getting shot. Just need a moment."

And then, before much objection could be raised, if it was going to be, he was again bolting pell-mell to the panel and extending the interface cable from the dataport embedded in his wrist. It plugged nearly into the panel, adapting itself to the old technology of the bunker, and Dale leaned his head back as those city-rat cybernetics conveyed a wealth of data to him.

"Ahh...yes, I see...well, it's old but well made. But old. Almost done."

Rolls: Notice 13, Hacking 8 (not counting support
Trap! -4 to Notice
1d4!! 1d6!!: [13!!]+[3] = 16

With core electronics, Dale has +7 to hack! Since folks aren't done posting yet, I'll just roll the d8 and sort out the modifiers once it's all in.

Hacking 1d8!! 1d6!!: [7]+[5] = 12
User avatar
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Sparky »


Demolitionist give a +2 to Notice to detect booby traps.
Also has Optics Package for +2 to sight based Notice.

Notice: 1d8!!: [13!!] = 13
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Agility: 1d10!!-2: [18!!]-2 = 16
Wild Die: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1


Sparky pauses only long enough at the entrance to examine the box marked grenades and is delighted to fine a small fusion block concealed within. Placing it in his pack with his other supplies he moves on with the others down the stairs. Whether it is his years of experience with setting and defusing high explosives or just good old fashioned intuition Sparky is already moving when the trap above him detonates and he easily skips to the side, avoiding the trap entirely.

Hitting the bottom of the stairs his eyes widen as he's just in time to see Berk reaching over to touch a senor plate. "SONOFABITCH DON'T TOU..." Sparky throws out a hand, screaming a warning but it was too late.
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Lars »


Critical Failure on *anyones* roll, lead person or anyone assisting results in the gun turrets activating and you move into Quick Combat.

Quick Combat

The Simvan called Berk popped the panel open and it falls to the ground with a metal on concrete ting, ting, wobble, clank.

There is a moment of silence as the group waits to see what the loud noise will produce. “Hand in the cookie jar”, no one moves or breaths for a stretch.

Silence.

Behind the panel are two cut wires. Whatever it once was for, it’s deactivated now.

(A raise on a electronic or repair roll and you figure they once connected the computer to a network that the computer now is not apart of).

Just as the group is about to relax a klaxon sounds off twice with a piercing bleeep - bleeeep!

The gun turrets whine and spin pointing towards the group assembling by the panel.

The far double doors open and red sun demons (the Brodkil) come rushing out towards you all. The room beyond the doors looks like a command center room.

Large gun turrets open fire.

Brodkil open fire with ranged weapons and charge into you all with melee weapons.



Dangerous Quick Encounter/Combat

COMBAT: Fighting, Shooting, arcane skill.

Modifiers: -2 (outnumbered)

Dangerous Encounters: If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If he’s the driver of a vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure).

Wounds may be Soaked as usual.

Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises (page 125), and a raise means he escapes unscathed.

Roll and narrate your Characters response. Thank you.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Nerak
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Nerak »

As the klaxon began to sound Nerak knew things ad gotten bad. Ignoring the wound in his arm, he scanned the room and saw the brodkil pouring in to the room. This was a situation worthy of 2 swords. So he drew 2 swords and 2 shields. As he rushed into the room he activated his aura and sparks and arcs of electricity began leaping from him into the Brodkil. Then he unleashed with both swords on them. It was exhausting work and the wound was slowing him down more than he wanted to admit. He managed to kill one of the broadkil and keep the others from kill him while he team entered the room and finished the broadkil off.

Blade Master d12+2-1: [4]+2-1 = 5 Frenzy d12+2-1: [3]+2-1 = 4 Wild d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0


Notice d4!!-4: [7!!]-4 = 3 Wild 1d6! -4 to result: [6!, 3] = 9
User avatar
Berk
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Berk »

Assisting Shooting via Psionics because of Adept
  • Psionics: 1d12+3!!: [2]+3 = 5
    Wild: 1d6+3!!: [3]+3 = 6
    Result: 6 - Success. +1 to Shooting. 3d6: [2, 5, 4] = 11 ISP
Shooting (-2 due Scene, +1 due Storm Rifle, +1 due Scope, +1 due Trademark Weapon, +1 due Assist... so +2)
  • Shooting: 1d10!!+1!!: [4]+1 = 5 +1
    Wild: 1d6!!+1!!: [4]+1 = 5 +1
    • Bennie Reroll (Additional +2 due Favorite Weapon... so +4)
      • Shooting: 1d10!!+3!!: [2]+3 = 5 +1
        Wild: 1d6!!+3!!: [4]+3 = 7 +1
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Uses 2d6: [1, 3] = 4 shots. Uses 2 ISP to reload.


Diving for cover as he enters a sort of battle meditation, Berk activates his Storm Rifle and sends some of the nearest Brodkil back with the Whirlwind that it produces. Taking aim at the demons, Berk draws further upon his mental energies as he then starts shooting the Brodkil in the heads with magical energy.

"Someone who knows tech... can you take care of those turrets?"
Last edited by Berk on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 28/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
User avatar
Yumi Overdrive
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Yumi Overdrive »

With a groan, Yumi rolled over onto her belly and started squeezing off shots from her laser pistol. Her accuracy wasn't great but it did draw a lot of fire her way, enough one of brodkil's shots found her despite her slight profile and slipped past her armor.

1d12+1: [3]+1 = 4 And -2 for that.



1d6!!: [1] = 1
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Lars »

Yumi Overdrive wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:04 pm With a groan, Yumi rolled over onto her belly and started squeezing off shots from her laser pistol. Her accuracy wasn't great but it did draw a lot of fire her way, enough one of brodkil's shots found her despite her slight profile and slipped past her armor.

1d12+1: [3]+1 = 4 And -2 for that.



1d6!!: [1] = 1


@Yumi Overdrive

Dangerous Encounters: If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If he’s the driver of a vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure).

Wounds may be Soaked as usual.

Or use a bennie?

If not - go ahead and take 1 Wound and if you like, Soak.
Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Fields
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:36 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Fields »

Fields sees the injuries being afflicted on the team and prioritizes healing. Reaching out with his will waves of healing energy washes over the team. As he uses his weapon defensively it is only to buy time to heal another ally.

Waves of Healing 16 energy
Focus 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!! and +4 to the highest, and -2 for scene: [14!!]+[3] = 17
User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Claudia »

Claudia had looked to be on the verge of passing out as she remained upright by future of her enchanted eba holding her abdominal organs in place with telekinetic force. Just as she was about to enter shock, the waves of healing energy from Fields hit her as her guts reknit themselves with barely a scratch to show that she had been injured in the first place.

Sliding over next to the stalwart figure, she looks him directly in the eyes with an intently locked stare that seemed to last several moments before giving him a nod of thanks. ”Now I am not dead, thank you.” the witch intoned quietly before turning to address the current situation.

She was ill equipped for dealing with the turrets, but at least she knew how to handle the approaching Brodkill. Dealing with them the same way as she had one back at the farmstead, spinning her hands in a counter clockwise circle while speaking strange garbled words that summon the appropriate

Failure - 1 Wound
Spellcasting 1d10!-2: [2]-2 = 0
1d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Bennie
1d10!-2: [4]-2 = 2
1d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0
. However the sheer numbers of them resulted her taking a laser blast to the arm from one before she could get of off, falling to the ground again with a wound as she briefly wondered if she was suited for mercenary work after all.

”Hold that thought.” She said again to Fields, the man getting to witness his work being undone in almost an instant. Though it could have been much worse all things considered.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Dale
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:06 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Dale »

As the lights turned red and the alarms went off, Dale turned around from the console he was wired into, his eyes widening behind his glasses.

"Uh...that...that wasn't me..."

Then the doors opened, demons rushed in, and the turrets swiveled and locked on targets.

Dale yelped in terror and yanked his arm away from the computer; the interface jack he'd connected himself with sparking wildly as it was torn free. His cybernetics arms popped their forearm blades, and he flailed wildly around...and in a bewildering move, ran TOWARDS the oncoming horde of brodkil! Although perhaps resulting from a tactical error brought on by a sudden rush of adrenaline, it actually worked in his favor; the turrets had seemingly been set not to attack brodkil, and therefore avoided him as well.

All he had to do was fight a horde of monsters!

Within seconds, anyone watching would know that Dale had SOME experience using those blades on his arms. They'd also know he was not particularly good at it. He tended to overswing, throwing him off balance. He was also kind of skinny and lightly built, and when he parried it still tended to knock him around a lot.

...but somehow, insanely, all of that ALSO worked in his favor. He'd swing, and when it flung him off balance he simply rolled with it; turning that momentary stumble into an impromptu dodge that made him an unexpectedly hard target. When he parried and it knocked him back, again he didn't fight that momentum but used it to tumble and avoid being ganged up on. It was hard to tell if he was doing it on purpose, because his expression and exclamations were VERY MUCH of someone who had very little control over what was happening to him at any given moment.

It was hard to argue with the results though. When the dust cleared and the attackers fell, he was...unscathed. Smeared with grime from the floor, his hair wild and flyaway, his glasses askew on his nose...but he didn't have a mark on him.

"...wow..." was all he could say as he surveyed the carnage bemusedly.

Rolls
Fighting at -2!
1d6!! or 1d6!!: [3]+[11!!] = 14
User avatar
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Sparky »


Repair d10!!+4: [7]+4 = 11
Wild Die d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8


Legs pumping Sparky keeps low as he races for the nearest gun tower. Sliding the last few feet on his knees he hugs the base as he pries off a access hatch, peering inside. With a grin he pulls a plasma grenade out of a pocket and jams it as deep into the guts of the tower as it can go.

Thumbing the primer he dives away from the turret screaming "Fire in the Hole!". The explosion a few seconds later isn't loud but the heat buffets everyone in the room as chunks of molten metal go flying.

Crawling for cover from the fire from the remaining tower Sparky chuckles to himself, "One down, assholes."
Lars
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 2050
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Lars »


The initial clash is brief and bloody. Brodkil rage into, through, and finally past you.

Well the ones not cut down.

They look far more concerned about getting to the elevator and topside than staying to fight you.

(Player Character) Fields help others to stand, healing and providing a relief to the injured.

(All wounds are completely healed. No one in the Party is injured now).

Standing back the man nods and whispers, “Damn I’m good.”

(Player Character) The four armed, tall warrior called Nerak charges after the fleeing red skinned demons.

Growling, Nerak bellows: ”I got ‘em!”

The gun turrets are destroyed.

A silence in the metal hall is broken by a metal on metal, tap, tap, tap.

The zombie with metal Crazy implants is dressed in MD armor. Thick dark blood drools down his chest from his rotted mouth. Strands of red skin still in its teeth.
Crazy Undead Zombie
Crazy Undead Zombie
An unseen blast of corrupted mental power ripples outward from the undead Crazy.

Then it bolts forward towards you all, blue white electric sparks bolting from its hands.


First Save vs Fear

Greater (Mega) Fear
(Cast Successful with a Raise, Psionic Power).

This power causes overwhelming dread and horror. The affected make a Fear roll. Wild Cards who fail roll on the Fear Table. If the power is cast with a raise, the Fear roll is at −4 and Wild Cards add +2 to Fear Table results.

MODIFIERS
AREA OF EFFECT - Large Blast Template.
MEGA MODIFIERS - Greater Fear.
Then Combat
Dangerous Quick Encounter/Combat

COMBAT: Fighting, Shooting, arcane skill.

Modifiers: -2 (for as slow and lazy as it walked in. It now moves with blinding speed) Plus any issues your Character may have from Fear Table if you had to roll on it.

Dangerous Encounters: If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If he’s the driver of a vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure).

The undead crazy is blasting electric bolts at you all. If you are injured it’s from that.

Wounds may be Soaked as usual.

Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises (page 125), and a raise means he escapes unscathed.

Roll and narrate your Characters response. Thank you.


Accounts
Discord: Daniel (Lars)
    • The Black Company -- Game Master
    • Machinations -- Game Master
    • Burn -- Player Character Mega Juicer
User avatar
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Sparky »


Spirit d8!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild Die 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Spending a Benny
Spirit d8!!-4: [14!!]-4 = 10
Wild Die d6!!-4: [10!!]-4 = 6



Shooting d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Spend another Benny
Shooting d8-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Die d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Last Benny
Shooting d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1


Sparky felt the wave of fear wash over him but a lifetime of working with high explosives left him unfazed by its effects...this time. Going to a knee he fires off a number of shots but to his surprise he managed to miss with all shots! Sonofa, I might not be as unfazed as I thought. That's some poor marksmanship, Sparky my boy.

He has no more time to ponder his poor shooting as he is hit by one of the bolts the strange figure is firing from his hands. Grunting in pain he gasps, "Dammit, I'm hit!" Rolling to his right Sparky manages to dive behind the ruins of one of the gun towers gritting his teeth in another spasm of pain. Pulling his NG Super from his holster he takes the time to thumb out a frag grenade and replace it with a AP. "Come on you asshat. You wanna play? Let's play" Sparky gathers himself and waits for his opportunity to take his next shot.
Last edited by Sparky on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Claudia »

Once again Claudia seemed to be saved by the mysterious figure known as Fields by yet another wave of healing energy that permeated over the room. Ever so slowly she rose to her feet once more, carefully looking around the room with a slow and steady gaze as she takes stock of the situation. The blast of corrupted mental power washing over her the moment the freakish undead creature rushed into the room.

While she had been made into veritable Swiss cheese and patched up several times during the last few moments due to her inability to avoid machine gun fire and laser blasts, this sort of mental onslaught was something was she was
Fear Check: -4 Scene, +1 Psychotically Brave
Success
Fear Check 1d8!-3: [3]-3 = 0
Wild Die 1d6!-3: [6!, 2]-3 = 5
OOC: accidentally rolled a d8 wild die earlier, ignoring this roll Wild Die 1d8!-3: [5]-3 = 2
. The Crazy’s form anything but lumbering as one might expect, with the still active MOM implants driving it forward even as its actual brain remained in a rotten mummified state.

”Delay lost time in the spiral line, as the time between seconds lengthens, so too does your speed become negligible!” Came the strange

Raise
Spellcasting 1d10!-2: [10!, 8]-2 = 16
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [6!, 5]-2 = 9
from the witch as gravity twisted and distorted around around the once alive creature, slowing it down to a crawl as if it were trudging through syrup instead of air. The once breakneck mentally enhanced pace it took, slowing down vast amounts as Claudia moved back behind cover, having learned her lesson earlier about projectiles having a tendency to make their way towards her.

”Shoot at it now Yumi, the incantation will not hold for long. We have very little time.” She instructed the woman next to her. Pausing for a moment before adding.

”No... actually we do. We have... All the time in the world.” Came the strange follow up to her earlier words, ending in a disconcerting stare directly at the mecha pilot that made uncanny valley seem like an understatement.
Last edited by Claudia on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savage Rifts Player Characters:
User avatar
Yumi Overdrive
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Yumi Overdrive »

"What is THAT?!" Yumi cries out, shocked and somehow offended at the presence of the undead juicer, indeed, its very existence! This is followed by a "Kyahhh!" of fear as the thing unleashed its psionic terror in tandem with its lightning, which she was already afraid of. Unrestrained electrical discharge is way too common here!

As shaky as her stomach might be now, her aim is still steady and she puts some laser beams through the center of that thing's mass.

"What WAS that?!" she demands again once its down, the pounding of her blood in her ears reminding her of thunder.




Spirit d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild Die d8!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Fear Table result 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18

So this upgrades her minor phobia about violent weather (including lightning) up to a Major one.

Spending a Bennie.

!!1d8-4: [5]-4 = 1

!!1d6-4: [4]-4 = 0

Nope





!!d12-2: [11]-2 = 9

!!d6-2: [4]-2 = 2

User avatar
Berk
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Re: 1.1 The Bunker in Arkansas

Post by Berk »

Fear at -4
  • Spirit: 1d8!!-4!!: [4]-4 = 0
    Wild: 1d6!!-4: [10!!]-4 = 6
    Result: 6 - Success. No effect.

Shooting (-2 due Difficulty, +1 due Scope, +1 due Storm Rifle, +1 due Trademark Weapon... so +1)
  • Shooting: 1d10!!+1!!: [5]+1 = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!+1!!: [7!!]+1 = 8
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
    • Shots used: 2d6: [4, 5] = 9 . 4 ISP to reload.


Seeing the Crazy Undead Zombie rushing towards them, Berk uses his Storm Rifle and uses it to throw Whirlwind after Whirlwind at the Zombie pushing it back, giving his teammates time to deal with it before it can get close enough to see what would happen from the blue sparks from its hands.

Animating a dead enemy is such a waste of good food...
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 28/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”