The Bionic Knight - (Maimed Cyber-Knight)

In this archive lies the much honored characters and concepts that have served us through the first incarnation of Savage Worlds. Never Forgotten!
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

The Bionic Knight - (Maimed Cyber-Knight)

Post by High Command »

Concept: MARS - techno-warrior built along the same lines as a CK, including hindrances and edges.
Rolls
HJ (Experience and Wisdom): [dice:23p3i263]55132:0[/dice:23p3i263]: She always gets a strange tingling in the back of her neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. She’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge
HJ (Cybernetics): [dice:23p3i263]55132:1[/dice:23p3i263]: Choose any single Cyberware you qualify for: Nano-Repair System: Heal one Wound per day, +4 to resist Bleeding Out. 50% chance to reject Poison or Disease in the system.
HJ (Cybernetics): [dice:23p3i263]55132:2[/dice:23p3i263]: Reinforced Frame: Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor.
FG: [dice:23p3i263]55132:3[/dice:23p3i263]: Get Two additional Rolls on HJ Tables (Cybernetics and Experience and Wisdom)
  • HJ (Cybernetics): [dice:23p3i263]55132:4[/dice:23p3i263]: Let’s face it, everyone expects your hero to take point, so that extra level of Armor Plating is always a good idea.
  • HJ (Training): [dice:23p3i263]55132:5[/dice:23p3i263]: 1: After serving in a military, paramilitary, militia, or security force for some time, your hero has some solid combat training. She gains +3 Skill Points which may be spent on Athletics, Fighting, or Shooting in any combination.
Rich/Filthy Rich:
HJ (Cyberware): [dice:23p3i263]55132:6[/dice:23p3i263]: Let’s face it, everyone expects your hero to take point, so that extra level of Armor Plating is always a good idea.
HJ (Cyberware): [dice:23p3i263]55132:8[/dice:23p3i263]: Reinforced Frame: Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor.
HJ (Close Combat): [dice:23p3i263]55132:7[/dice:23p3i263]: Exceptional crafting as well as customized grips and weighting grant your hero +1 to Fighting rolls with this weapon. This result may be applied only once.
HJ (Body Armor): [dice:23p3i263]55132:9[/dice:23p3i263]: You may trade the starting armor from your Iconic Framework for any other body armor (not power armor or robot vehicle). If this is not your first roll, apply all other results from rolling on this table to your newly chosen body armor.
HJ (Close Combat): [dice:23p3i263]55132:10[/dice:23p3i263] - Reroll (can only be gotten once) - [dice:23p3i263]55132:11[/dice:23p3i263]: You may add any non-TW Close Combat Weapon listed in this book to your character’s gear list. If this is not your first roll, apply any other results from rolling on this table to your newly chosen weapon as you wish

Starting Cash: [dice:23p3i263]55132:12[/dice:23p3i263],
[dice:23p3i263]55132:13[/dice:23p3i263] credits worth of gear or valuables
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: The Bionic Knight - (Maimed Cyber-Knight)

Post by High Command »

Sir Bonn Knight
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS (Techno-Warrior)
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d8 [d12+1], Vigor d8
Pace: 8 [10] (d8 run); Parry: 6; Toughness: (see below); Strain: 14 (Max)/12 (Current)
Toughness (without Armor): 12 (4)
Toughness (NG-EX10 Armor): 22 (10) MDC
Skills:
  • Athletics (Ag) d8
    Battle (Sm) d6
    Common Knowledge (Sm) - d4
    Fighting (Ag) d8
    Notice (Sm) d8
    Persuasion (Sp) d8
    Psionics (Sm) d4
    Repair (Sm) d4
    Shooting (Ag) d8 (3 SP)
    Stealth (Ag) d8 (2 SP)

Hindrances
  • Code of Honor (Major): Once trained as a cyber-knight, he still holds to the Code. Honor is very important to your character. He keeps his word, doesn’t abuse or kill prisoners, and generally tries to operate within the notion of proper gentlemanly and knightly behavior.
    Loyal (Minor)Leave no man behind.
    Quirk (Minor): Still tries to use psionics from time to time.

Edges
  • Iron Jaw: The hero can shrug off even extreme blows. He adds +2 to Soak rolls and Vigor rolls to avoid Knockout Blows (see page 100).
    Soldier: Professional soldiers can, after a few days getting used to their gear (GM’s call), treat their Strength as one die type higher when determining Encumbrance (page 67) and Minimum Strength to use armor, weapons, and equipment without a penalty (page 66). (This stacks with the Brawny Edge.) They also get a free reroll on Vigor rolls made to survive environmental hazards (see Hazards, page 125).
    Upgradeable: This hero increases his Maximum Strain by +6.
    Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
    Two-Fisted: Make a Fighting attack with one action and another from a different hand in a later action, the second attack doesn’t inflict a Multi-Action penalty. The Off-Hand penalty still applies unless he’s Ambidextrous, however.
    First Strike: 1/turn (if not Shaken or Stunned), get a Free Attack if the target failed Fighting attack against the hero. The counterattack takes place immediately (before other hits against the hero on the same Action Card, if any).
    Counterattack: 1/round, as long as he’s not Shaken or Stunned, the hero gets a free Fighting attack against a foe immediately after he moves into Reach.
    Champion: Champions fight the forces of darkness adding +2 damage when attacking supernaturally evil creatures. The bonus applies to area effect damage, ranged attacks, powers, etc.
    Arcane Background (Psionics): While initially psychic, the massive restructuring that has been necessary to get him back up to fighting shape has left him largely unable to utilize his powers of Boost Trait, Mind Link, and Telekinesis.
Cybernetics
  • Synthetic Organ Replacement (x2): Raise Vigor 2 die steps. - Strain: 2
    Bionic Strength Augmentation (x2): Raise Strength 2 die steps. - Strain: 2
    Cyber-Wired Reflexes (x1): Raise Agility one die step. - Strain: 1
    Booster Jets: Miniature rockets—Jump +4” horizontal, +2” vertical. 20,000 - Strain: 1
    Armor Plating (x2): +4 natural Armor, stacks with Worn Armor.- Strain: 2
    Reinforced Frame (x2): Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body Armor. 150,000 - Strain: 2
    Nano-Repair System: Heal one Wound per day, +4 to resist Bleeding Out. 50% chance to reject Poison or Disease in the system. 250,000 - Strain: 2
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Gear

Post by High Command »

Gear
Item
  • Starting Weapon: Vibro-Shortsword
  • Starting Weapon: Vibro-Longsword (grants +1 to Fighting tests)
  • Starting Weapon: NG-LG6 Laser Rifle & Launcher.
  • Sidearm: Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol
  • Starting Armor: NG-10EX Exoskeleton Armor
  • Ammo: two E-clips or magazines for each weapon
  • Starting Gear: NG-S2 Survival Pack (includes a Survival Knife, wooden cross, and wooden stakes)
  • Multi-Optics Helmet: This helmet compatible with EBA systems—includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, offsets 2 points of Range penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system. It provides +4 Armor and +2 Toughness to the head only, and can integrate into body armor helmets for an extra 500 credits. (5 lb., 25,000 credits)
  • Flashlight (10″ beam) (20 credits)
  • Desert Eagle (.50; 15/30/60 2d8 AP 1, ROF 1; 17 box Mag; 4 lbs) (200 credits)
  • 2 Magazines for DE 50 (20 credits each; 40 credits) - each loaded mag weighs 5 pounds

Credits: 1,389 universal credits; 1500 in precious metal coins and gems

Contacts
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Powers

Post by High Command »

Powers
Arcane Background: Psionics
ISP: 10 - Recovery: 1/hour

Enhance Self [Boost Trait; Self only 1 ISP]

Telepathy [Mind Link; 1 ISP]

Telekinesis [Telekinesis; 5 ISP]
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Background

Post by High Command »

“A cyber-knight, once trained, is, and will always be, a force for good in the world.” That was the line that Sir Barris the Bull said that stuck with Bonn Knight. It was ironic, and the source of some good-natured teasing, that his last name was his chosen profession - a throw-back to pre-technology days one history minded peer quipped. Still, Bonn was good at it. He joined the fight in Tolkeen and even fought against the Daemonix and those on Tolkeen’s side doing atrocities. He even saved a squad of CS soldiers from certain death by a daemonix and they actually pitched in some money towards his bionic rebuild. It was done in the ‘burbs of New Chilicothe. Since his recovery, he’s gotten back out there, helping people, fighting demons and evil people using their powers to hurt the defenseless. He’s hooked up with the Tomorrow Legion, who recognize him from his time in Tolkeen.

He's still coping with the loss of his psionic potential. He catches himself often trying to will his psi-blade into existence or use one of hgis powers reflexively. They fail an overwhelming majority of the time. Still he lives by the Code of the Cyber-Knight and the precepts of loyalty above all.

The Code of Chivalry
1. To Live
  • Live one's life so that it is worthy of respect and honor.
    Live for freedom, justice, and all that is good.
2. Fair Play
  • Never attack an unarmed foe.
    Never use a Psi-Sword on an opponent not equal to the attack.
    Never charge an unhorsed opponent.
    Never attack from behind.
    Avoid cheating.
    Avoid torture.
3. Nobility
  • Exhibit self control.
    Show respect to authority.
    Obey the laws if they do not supersede the rights of life.
    Administer justice.
    Administer mercy.
    Protect the innocent.
    Respect women.
4. Valor
  • Exhibit courage in word and deed.
    Defend the weak and innocent.
    Fight for an ideal, like freedom.
    Fight with honor.
    Avenge the wronged.
    Never abandon a friend, ally, or noble cause.
5. Honor
  • Always keep one's word of honor.
    Always maintain one's principles.
    Never betray a confidence or comrade.
    Avoid deception.
    Respect life. Honor all life.
    Respect all views of life.
6. Courtesy
  • Exhibit manners.
    Be polite and attentive.
    Be respectful of host, women, and honor.
7. Loyalty
  • To one's principles and heart.
    To one's friends and those who lay their trust in thee.
    To the code of chivalry.
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: The Bionic Knight - (Maimed Cyber-Knight)

Post by High Command »

Advances
Please list all Edges and Advances taken for your character here

Attributes
Agility: d4-> d6 (1 AP) -> d8 (Cyber)
Smarts: d4 -> d6 (1 AP)
Spirit: d4-> d8 (3 AP)
Strength: d4 -> d8 (Cyber)
Vigor: d4 -> d8 (Cyber)

Skills:
  • Academics (Sm)
  • Athletics (Ag) - d4 (Core) -> d8 (2 SP)
  • Battle (Sm) d6 (2 SP)
  • Boating (Ag)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) - d4 (Core)
  • Driving (Ag)
  • Electronics (Sm)
  • Fighting (Ag) d8 (3 SP from Training HJ)
  • Focus (Sp)
  • Gambling (Sm)
  • Hacking (Sm)
  • Healing (Sm)
  • Intimidation (Sp)
  • Language (Sm)
  • Notice (Sm) - d4 (Core) -> d8 (2 SP)
  • Occult (Sm)
  • Persuasion (Sp) - d4 (Core) -> d8 (2 SP)
  • Psionics (Sm) d4 (1 SP)
  • Repair (Sm) d4 (1 SP)
  • Research (Sm)
  • Riding (Ag)
  • Science (Sm)
  • Shooting (Ag) d8 (3 SP)
  • Stealth (Ag) - d4 (Core) -> d8 (2 SP)
  • Survival (Sm)
  • Swimming (St)
  • Taunt (Sp)
  • Thievery (Ag)

Iconic Framework
  • Begin with the Iron Jaw, Soldier, and Upgradable Edges.
  • Select 6 total Strain in cybernetic systems.
    • (2S) Synthetic Organ Replacement x2 (U): Raise Vigor one die step. 200,000
    • (2S) Bionic Strength Augmentation x2 (U): Raise Strength one die step.18,000
    • (1S) Cyber-Wired Reflexes (U): Raise Agility one die step. 12,000
    • (1S) Leg Upgrades (U): This feature grants +2 Pace and +1" Jumping distances. 30,000
  • Starting Weapon: Vibro-Shortsword
  • Starting Weapon: Vibro-Longsword
  • Starting Weapon: NG-LG6 Laser Rifle & Launcher.
  • Sidearm: NG-33 Laser Pistol or Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol
  • Ammo: two E-clips or magazines for each weapon
  • Starting Valuables: 25,000 + 1700 Universal Credits, and 1500 credits worth of gear or valuables
  • Starting Gear: NG-S2 Survival Pack (includes a Survival Knife, wooden cross, and wooden stakes)
  • Multi-Optics Helmet: This helmet compatible with EBA systems—includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, offsets 2 points of Range penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system. It provides +4 Armor and +2 Toughness to the head only, and can integrate into body armor helmets for an extra 500 credits. (5 lb., 25,000 credits)
  • Flashlight (10″ beam) (20 credits)
  • Desert Eagle (.50; 15/30/60 2d8 AP 1, ROF 1; 17 box Mag; 4 lbs) (200 credits)
  • 2 Magazines for DE 50 (20 credits each; 40 credits) - each loaded mag weighs 5 pounds
  • .50 Rounds x51 (1 credit each; 51 credits; 15 lbs/50 rds)
  • Body Armor: Any
  • Roll on the M.A.R.S. Fortune & Glory Table one time.
  • M.A.R.S. heroes begin with three rolls on any Hero’s Journey tables you like.
  • Once built, add 4 advances.

Hero’s Journey
  • Table (Experience and Wisdom): 7: He always gets a strange tingling in the back of his neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. He’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge
  • Table (Cybernetics): 20: Choose any single Cyberware you qualify for: (2S) Nano-Repair System (1): Heal one Wound per day, +4 to resist Bleeding Out. 50% chance to reject Poison or Disease in the system.
  • Table (Cybernetics): 3 - (1S) Reinforced Frame: Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor.

MARS Fortune & Glory
  • (12): Get two additional rolls on Cybernetics HJ Tables
    • Table (Cybernetics): 17: (1S) Armor Plating (3): +2 natural Armor, stacks with Worn Armor. At +6 the Armor is M.D.C. and stacks with any other M.D.C. Body or Power Armor, but not non-M.D.C. Armor
    • Table (Training): 1: After serving in a military, paramilitary, militia, or security force for some time, your hero has some solid combat training. She gains +3 Skill Points which may be spent on Athletics, Fighting, or Shooting in any combination.

Rich/Filthy Rich
  • Table (Cybernetics): 3 - (1S) Reinforced Frame: Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor.
  • Table (Cybernetics): 18: (1S) Armor Plating (3): +2 natural Armor, stacks with Worn Armor. At +6 the Armor is M.D.C. and stacks with any other M.D.C. Body or Power Armor, but not non-M.D.C. Armor
  • Table (Close Combat): 7: Exceptional crafting as well as customized grips and weighting grant your hero +1 to Fighting rolls with this weapon. This result may be applied only once.
  • Table (Close Combat): 7: Reroll (can only be gotten once) - 2: You may add a Vibro-Longsword to your starting gear.
  • Table (Body Armor): 1: You may trade the starting armor from your Iconic Framework for any other body armor (not power armor or robot vehicle). If this is not your first roll, apply all other results from rolling on this table to your newly chosen body armor.

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Rich, AB: Psionics (Arcane Protection, Boost/Lower Trait, Mind Link)
  • Free Edge (Human): Fleet Footed (The hero’s Pace is increased by +2 and his running die increases one step.)
  • Cybernetic Modifications:
    [list=none(2S) Synthetic Organ Replacement x2 (U): Raise Vigor one die step. 200,000
    (2S) Bionic Strength Augmentation x2 (U): Raise Strength one die step.18,000
    (1S) Cyber-Wired Reflexes (U): Raise Agility one die step. 12,000
    (1S) Booster Jets (1): Miniature rockets—Jump +4” horizontal, +2” vertical. 20,000
    (2S) Armor Plating x2 (3): +2 natural Armor, stacks with Worn Armor. At +6 the Armor is M.D.C. and stacks with any other M.D.C. Body or Power Armor, but not non-M.D.C. Armor. 40,000
    (2S) Reinforced Frame x2: Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor. 150,000
    (2S) Nano-Repair System (1): Heal one Wound per day, +4 to resist Bleeding Out. 50% chance to reject Poison or Disease in the system. 250,000
[*] Novice 1 Advance: First Strike
[*] Novice 2 Advance: Champion
[*] Novice 3 Advance: Charismatic
[*] Seasoned 1 Advance: Two-Fisted
[*] Seasoned 2 Advance: Filthy Rich
[*] Seasoned 3 Advance:
[*] Seasoned 4 Advance:
[*] Veteran 1 Advance:
[*] Veteran 2 Advance:
[*] Veteran 3 Advance:
[*] Veteran 4 Advance:
[*] Heroic 1 Advance:
[*] Heroic 2 Advance:
[*] Heroic 3 Advance:
[*] Heroic 4 Advance:
[*] Legendary 1 Advance:
[*] Legendary 2 Advance:
[*] Legendary 3 Advance:
[*] Legendary 4 Advance:[/list]
Tales of the 17th SOG

Return to “SR (SWD) and Playtest Archive”