Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

1.0 The Gate Of Hell

Post by Technospawn »

8 miles from the Devil's Arch
May 1, 125 PA
0730 hours

The heat was oppressive and the sun was just breaking over the horizon. The squad was holed up in the ruins of a building about 8 miles from what used to be the Devil's Arch. 5 years ago the rift in the arch had begun to expand. No one knew why but soon the rifts was miles wide. So wide that the Mississippi River never made to the gulf anymore. It now poured into the rift and disappeared. It had stopped growing at around 4 miles wide.

5 short years ago when it started people were concerned but no one thought it get this far. Then the hordes came. Just pouring out of the rift in an almost never ending stream. Within 3 years they had pushed all the way to the eastern seaboard. The hordes now control everything east of the river and south of the great lakes. No one knows why they have not pushed west yet, but they know it is only a matter of time.

Several factions had come together. Some in secret, some openly. To form the Venators. Their mission was simple, hunt down the leaders of the horde and stop them, maybe if they can gather some intel on the rift, and general keep the demons out of the populated areas. But above all they needed to give humanity time to find a way to close the rift and save Earth.

Now they were here gathering intel about the rift expanding. Deep behind enemy lines. What they had seen so far was not good. The demons were gathering another horde and this one looked like it was going to head west. They needed more intel and maybe if they get lucky they could take down a few overseers while they were here. Cause some mayhem and get back out.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Pain

Re: 1.0 The Gate Of Hell

Post by Pain »

Pain watched the events through his binos. "Looks like things are going to get a little rough. I hope you are as hungry as me, because this is going to be an all you can eat buffet. Those who don't eat will be eaten."
Character information and links
Pace: 24; Parry: 10; Toughness: 14 (6)
-5 to hit with Range, ignores gang-up

Pain, Pain's Resources

Kira

Post by Kira »

Kira does not bother to acknowledge Pain's comment nor does she join him in his observation. She already knew there was little of interest within range of her senses. Her Altara senses has many advantages but the ability to use human binoculars is not one of them. Her helmet sat on the ground nearby within easy reach should she need it. She resumed pacing like a caged tiger. The weight of her weapons strapped to her harness are a reassuring presence as is the massive rifle leaning against the wall next to her helmet.

Stopping for a moment she purses her lips and pivots towards Pain, moving to stand beside him. As she expected there was a whole lot of nothing out there but she was tired of pacing. Soon enough the Sun would go down and she presumed that they would get on with their mission. It was safer to move around at night but not by a lot. Until then it was stay under cover and exercise patience.

Patience sucks. I'd rather shoot something.
Sigil

Post by Sigil »

"It's quite incredible," said a soft, musing feminine voice from the direction of the squad's vehicle. "The world really has been torn apart. Look there, you can see the meat of it. A fresh-fallen deer with wolves all around."

The speaker was a tall, slim figure, clad in a flowing dress that was yellow where it clung to her shoulders, and shaded down to orange at the hem just above her ankles. Her hair was the same shade too as the sunset, and seemed to catch the fire in the sky and shine with equal force. It was wild and free in the persistent breeze that blew over the city, a candle-flame atop her head wreathed with a crown of vibrant blossoms. Just looking at her kindled feelings in even hardened hearts; the ache of one's first infatuation, the warmth and relaxation of a patch of sunlight on a day with no responsibilities, the tingle on the skin that happens just before suntan turns to sunburn. Even worlds away from her erstwhile domain, even deposed of her Crown and Throne, a vestige of Summer clung to Sigil.

In her right hand she held what looked like an ivory wand or rod, carved in a spiraling, tapered shape, with strange and simple glyphs along its surface as well as the suggestion of leaves and trees and other flora. The Wand never left her side, and almost never left her fingers. Leaning against the metal hide of the transport next to her was the spear she usually called 'Lazshi'. A weapon brimming with the magic of her former home that lit up with lightning when she hefted it. Beyond that she was unarmed, unarmored. A stark contrast to the others on the team.

Her eyes were shockingly green, the shade of fine-cut emeralds glimpsed with just a bit of light shining through them.

"Darkness won't matter to these creatures. I still don't see the sense of waiting."
Zephrim Ouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Zephrim Ouri »

Pain wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:38 am Pain watched the events through his binos. "Looks like things are going to get a little rough. I hope you are as hungry as me, because this is going to be an all you can eat buffet. Those who don't eat will be eaten."
Zephrim stood, stroking his horse to help keep it a bit calm. It was a horse used to battle, but with what was pouring into the world now, it helped keep the animal from fleeing. Although, in the back of his mind, Zeph did want to do just that. However, he had a debt to pay to the world for his part in destroying it.

"I've been there. I learned to bite back. Remember, if you get too stuffed to keep eating, step away for a bit. This is one of those long-term buffets that will be here for a while."

He kept watching, absentmindedly rubbing the missing lower half of his right arm. Like his horse, that was something that helped keep him calm and remind him of what happens when you get careless.
Pain

Post by Pain »

Zephrim Ouri wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:50 am "I've been there. I learned to bite back. Remember, if you get too stuffed to keep eating, step away for a bit. This is one of those long-term buffets that will be here for a while."
Pain laughs at the response. "Ha, if we are still alive I think you may be right. A rest will be in order after eating the first few dozen."

Pain, Pain's Resources

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

"Don't play with your food, @Pain ."

You're almost startled. He is so quiet that you never expect to hear any noise from him. Not only is he not particularly verbose, but he has a habit of hovering a few inches off of the ground. The tall slender man who calls himself Samuel, no last name, seems to be completely content to simply listen. His closeness to @Pain truly makes for an odd pair, but the two seem to have some history together.

"We need to figure out what they are doing before we start, Hmm, eliminating, them."

For a brief moment a brilliant white light blooms in his eyes, but it is quickly extinguished.
He goes back to being quiet.
Pain

Post by Pain »

Samuel wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:45 pm "Don't play with your food, @Pain ."

You're almost startled. He is so quiet that you never expect to hear any noise from him. Not only is he not particularly verbose, but he has a habit of hovering a few inches off of the ground. The tall slender man who calls himself Samuel, no last name, seems to be completely content to simply listen. His closeness to @Pain truly makes for an odd pair, but the two seem to have some history together.

"We need to figure out what they are doing before we start, Hmm, eliminating, them."

For a brief moment a brilliant white light blooms in his eyes, but it is quickly extinguished.
He goes back to being quiet.
Pain looks at Samuel his eyes narrow a little. "Here for? They are here to die and be eaten of course." Pain laughs at his own joke. Then in a more serious tone. "Sure, I guess we can capture a few alive to torture some answers out of."

Pain, Pain's Resources

Sigil

Post by Sigil »

Sigil rolled her iridescent eyes.

"Graceless AND unimaginative. Torture isn't going to work on creatures like this. Fortunately, there are other ways."

She looked around at the others, weighing them, then nodded.

"Lets go find one of their smaller patrols," the fey woman suggests. "Ambush them, take one or two captive...see if they can direct us to whatever they take their orders from. Then we can leapfrog up the chain of command that way."

"...and if they aren't that organized, then we'll still be in a better position to make war than if we stayed here until nightfall."
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

"Torture? I don't think that is ethical @Pain . We will purify them with the light. Once enough are purified, one or two should surely spill their secrets, no?"

He turns to @@Sigil .

"I like your plan. What do we need to do to prepare?"
Pain

Post by Pain »

Sigil wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:31 am Sigil rolled her iridescent eyes.

"Graceless AND unimaginative. Torture isn't going to work on creatures like this. Fortunately, there are other ways."

She looked around at the others, weighing them, then nodded.

"Lets go find one of their smaller patrols," the fey woman suggests. "Ambush them, take one or two captive...see if they can direct us to whatever they take their orders from. Then we can leapfrog up the chain of command that way."

"...and if they aren't that organized, then we'll still be in a better position to make war than if we stayed here until nightfall." Then eyeing the fey he adds. "If your mind powers work, that is great. But this brute force option is not available to everyone."

"Bah, when you are done with your 'not torturing' that gets them to share information. Then I will eat them."
Looking at her in the eyes. "We do not all have the ability to brute force into their minds. But I don't mind skipping the less reliable way."

Samuel wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:55 pm "Torture? I don't think that is ethical @Pain . We will purify them with the light. Once enough are purified, one or two should surely spill their secrets, no?"

He turns to @@Sigil .

"I like your plan. What do we need to do to prepare?"

"You cannot purify demons Sam. They are like hounds and ba'al. Their souls are created in darkness and have no light in their heart brother."

Pain, Pain's Resources

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

"Their absence is inherently purification. The Night Lord's. Them, I do not miss. Are these related to them, do you think @Pain ?"
Pain

Post by Pain »

Samuel wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:22 pm "Their absence is inherently purification. The Night Lord's. Them, I do not miss. Are these related to them, do you think @Pain ?"
"I do not know, they do not look like the servents of the nightlords. They are to soft."

Pain, Pain's Resources

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

May 1, 125 PA
1630 hours

The group had hid and watched all day. For some this had been torture to sit and wait. Now the time was coming for action. As they had watch they had noticed a lot of activity near a warehouse a few miles down the road. They could not tell exactly what they were doing but a lot of demons and even some other beings had being going into the warehouse. Only the demons ever came out.

Your first mission
This is a dramatic task. For this one you can use the following skills. You can use more than 1 skill with the appropriate MAP.
Stealth = need 4 tokens to get into the warehouse unseen.
Thievery or electronics = need 2 tokens to open the door without setting off the alarm
Notice = Every 2 tokens will offset 1 point of penalty on the occult roll.
Occult-2 = need 4 tokens to discern what is going on.

Cards to check for complications
Samuel d56: [11] = 11
Kira d56: [53] = 53
Pain d56: [17] = 17
Sigil d56: [26] = 26
Zephrim d56: [36] = 36 **CLUB**
GM Stuff
Initiative

I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Zephrim Ouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Zephrim Ouri »

Zephrim crouched, focusing his binoculars on the demons below as they moved around. He rolled the situation over in his mind as he observed the action.

He shook his head. "Thorns! I can't make out anything to help understand what they are doing..."
Notice Roll to reduce the Occult penalty
Notice: 1d8-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die: 1d6-2: [3]-2 = 1

Well, that was rough.... no successes...

"Thorns!" is meant as a curse by the White Roses, to typically indicate frustration.... at least in my mind. :)
Kira

Post by Kira »

Kira moves as a ghost through

Hoping for a turnaround as my dice have been crap lately. Gotta have some luck sooner or later. Stealth +1 for Thief, -2 for MAP

Stealth 1d8!!-1: [11!!]-1 = 10
Wild Die 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1

her senses alert for any movement that might indicate their presence has been discovered. In her own time she makes her way to the building which is to the the target of tonight's mission. After what seems like an eternity she reaches the door and crouches down to work on the lock using some tools she had borrowed from Mack's tool kit.

Mack will not be happy if I get killed here and lose his tools. The thought comes unbidden to her and she can't help but smile momentarily. Refocusing on her task she gently pries the cover from the lock mechanism. Working by feel as much as anything she can deserne the correct wires by vibration and heat. Working as quickly as possible but without undue haste she

Thievery + 1 for Thief, -2 for MAP

Thievery 1d8!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!!-1: [8!!]-1 = 7

Spending a Benny

Thievery 1d8!!-1: [6]-1 = 5
Wild Die 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2

Screw it. One more time

Thievery 1d8!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2

Pain

Post by Pain »

Pain loved killing demons, putting his power, and even his skills to the test. Moving down into place and getting as much information as he could for the group was a pleasure. Especially when it allowed him to press himself. His massive form easily compressed down to fitting into a more subtle size and shape allowing him to move with a subtlety even a panther would admire.

As he closed on the warehouse it took every drop of will power the creature had not to devour at least one demon. But Pain was not so new as to get himself kicked off the team by spoiling an ambush to early. This buffet could wait, maybe just a little longer...

Stealth 3 Tokens, Notice 1 token
Stealth 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!!: [4]+[3] = 7
Benny reroll Stealth 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!! (suit also provides +2): [4]+[10!!] = 14

Notice (ignores MAP) 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [4]+[1] = 5

Pain, Pain's Resources

Siran-Kale

Post by Siran-Kale »

Siran-Kale has been quietly quietly meditating while his companions watched and discussed their plans. His mental communion with the great Thunderbird Spirit was cut short as he felt his team mate stir into action. He stretched out his stiff joints and walked up to the group. Glancing at the warehouse Siran-Kale
Occult 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3 Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

spending a benny occult 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1 Spending a benny wild die 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Well curses and swearing. That is an unfortunate first roll of the game.
the demons and tries to decipher and understand their actions.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

OOC Comments
Focus 1d10!! Wild Die 1d6!!: [5]+[4] = 9
Samuel hovers a few inches off of the ground, heading toward the warehouse. When he gets there he takes a deep breath and his entire form becomes a being of lure light. He quickly slips through a crack in the door, then reverts to his normal form.
Sigil

Post by Sigil »

Though she was not the only magically skilled person in the team, Sigil's knowledge of mystical creatures and their strange ways was perhaps the strongest. Therefore she devoted herself to observing the demons' activities, squinting slightly at their ominous incantations and frowning on seeing the blasphemous iconography they were spreading through their domain. It wasn't 'just demons being demons,' she suspected...it was a preparation. Part of something far larger. What exactly they were doing was difficult to discern though...the magic of hellish dimensions was very different from the depthless power of the fey.

She needed more time, or more information, to piece it together.

Rolls: 7 Occult (assuming no penalty reduction)
Occult (at -2) 1d10!! 1d6!!: [8]+[2] = 10
Hm, 1 success after the penalty, but I'm not sure how many rounds we get. I'll benny.
Occult 1d10!! 1d6!!: [9]+[4] = 13

A 7...closer...but one more time!
Occult 1d10!! 1d6!!: [9]+[4] = 13 [/occ]
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

May 1, 125 PA
1630 hours
Round 2

Notice = 1
Stealth = 5
Door and alarm = 1
Occult = 1

@Kira was having trouble getting the door opened. It was almost there but they were too exposed out here. @Sigil could feel someone or something very close begin to build power and a lot of it. They needed to get inside now. Pain noticed there was very few demons outside now. Most had disappeared. Something was not right and it was about to get ugly. Then @Samuel approached the door and slide through the crack a beam of light.

@Samuel needs to roll stealth at -2 to not be seen as the bright light slides under the door and then turns human.
Thievery or electronics = need 1 more token to open the door without setting off the alarm
Notice = Need 2 tokens to not be taken by surprise when the patrol passes your position.
Occult-2 = need 3 more tokens to discern what is going on.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Stealth 1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [2]-2+[3]-2 = 1

Benny

1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[4]-2 = 3

Benny

1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[4]-2 = 4

Benny

1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[2]-2 = 1
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Pain

Post by Pain »

Having done what he could to help everyone get down Pain takes up a post looking for incoming trouble. "Better to eat them, than let them report they spotted us." Unfortunately he was only able to eat a few of them as the team was doing a good enough job staying out of sight.

Notice +1 Token
Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [6]+[4] = 10
Benny for better Notice 1d8!! or Wild 1d6!!: [5]+[7!!] = 12
Pain was not a fan of the restraint it took not to go hunting for more demons. But after seeing that giant earlier he knew they would need strategy to finish this. And that was something he knew the others were better able to coordinate. @Samuel was always better at the big picture than Pain and as @Zephrim Ouri pointed out 'This is a long term thing'.

Pain, Pain's Resources

Danny Lee

Post by Danny Lee »

John is already waiting at the warehouse entrance when Kira arrives. Unlike the rest of the team he didn't have to rely on darkness to avoid being spotted. His mutant power of invisibility means he doesn't have to worry much about being seen, enabling him to scout things out during the day. He didn't have to worry about barriers either thanks to his intangibility but he figures it would be a good idea to gain control of the door just in case he isn't available when the others need to go in or out.

"Good job but you missed one circuit that needs to be taken care of," he whispers quietly as he makes a minor adjustment to the exposed door mechanisms to ensure the alarm is disabled.

Thievery roll
Thievery 1d8!: [3] = 3
Thievery Wild Die 1d6!: [3] = 3

Benny Spent for reroll

Thievery reroll 1d8!: [6] = 6
Thievery Wild Die reroll 1d6!: [2] = 2

1 Door and Alarm token earned.
Danny Lee
Danny Lee

Bennies: 3/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 2
Sigil

Post by Sigil »

Sigil

Rolls
Occult at -2
Occult 1d10!! 1d6!!: [1]+[1] = 2
Kira

Post by Kira »

Since I had to change my Thievery roll to a Notice roll it will add +1 to the result though that still doesn't grant a raise.

Notice 1d8!!+1: [5]+1 = 6 + 1 = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4 + 1 = 5

Kira scowls at Carter's interfering with her work from behind her helmet and pulls her Desert Eagles free of their holsters. This one best have a care if he doesn't want to get a bullet to the back of the head. She thinks to herself acidly. Taking a moment, Kira sets aside her irritation with the interloper and turns her attention to other matters as she scans the area for any signs of a patrol.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

May 1, 125 PA
1630 hours
Round 3

With @Pain and @Kira's warning the group avoids the patrol. @Venator John Carter gets the door open and the group sneaks through without setting off the alarm. But as they enter the door the see Samuel just standing there and five large demons in front of him. After what seems like forever but was just a few seconds they rush the group. In the background you feel some very powerful magic been cast but still have no idea what is happening.

Tactical Combat
[1] I will deal initiative cards and we will resolve any edges or bennies for new cards. After all cards are resolved the final initiative order will be determined. The order will be first players, enemy, last players unless the enemy rolls lower or higher than all players. As always Jokers will get a +2 and may interrupt once I post for the enemy.
[2] Those players with cards higher than the enemy will go first. They will considered the first players and will share an initiative and post in any order.
[3] After a few days I will post the attacks for the enemy. Any players that did not go will be assumed to be on hold. If they wish to interrupt the enemy they need to roll athletics.
[4] The remaining players may then post their actions.
[5] After everyone has gone or 1 week I will post new cards. Anyone who did not go in the last round will start the new round on hold.

Initiative
  • Lowest card goes first
  • Quick rerolls 41 or higher
  • 1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).

Cards
Sigil d56: [8] = 8 CLUB
Siran-Kale d56: [8] = 8 CLUB
Zephrim d56: [12] = 12 CLUB
Pain d56: [22] = 22

Second Group
Alax (demon) d56: [31] = 31

Last Group
Samuel d56: [47] = 47
John Carter d56: [50] = 50
Kira d56: [51] = 51

If anyone wants a new card then spend a benny and roll d56. If you beat the demons 31 then you can go before them.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Pain

Post by Pain »

Pain sees the demons and smiles a smile that would look more fitting on the enemies face. "Snack time." He whisper growls as he lunges forward. As he leaps into the middle of the demons headless of their attacks dozens of tendrils ply from his body and begin attacking them, each one cutting a little hear and a little there. Then pulling a plasma grenade one of his tendrils forms into a dish like shield to protect the team behind him as the super heated fluidized gasses wash out over the demons.

Improved Sweep 10 versus all four demon's Parry
First attack Improved Sweep with Reach 3, Fighting Leap Wild attack 1d10!! or Wild 1d6!! With +2 all out attack: [8]+[1] = 9

1st Demon Damage 1d10!! plus 2d6!! Mega Damage: [3]+[7!!, 10!!] = 20

2nd Demon Damage 1d10!! plus 2d6!! Mega Damage: [6]+[1, 9!!] = 16

3rd Demon Damage 1d10!! plus 2d6!! Mega Damage: [6]+[2, 1] = 9

4th Demon Damage 1d10!! plus 2d6!! Mega Damage: [11!!]+[4, 5] = 20

Plasma Grenades 3d12!! Mega Damage (Pain is immune to this attack): [10, 7, 1] = 18

As the demons begin to respond Pain forms a second head on his back. "If you do not hurry, do not expect me to save you any of the food."

I know this game is dead, but I wanted to post anyways.

Pain, Pain's Resources

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

To clarify these are
This is the rank-and-file demon soldier, sent in great numbers against enemies of summoning casters and demon lords. They are hulking, powerful, and not particularly bright, but they love causing damage and mayhem.
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d10
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d4 Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 24 (12)
Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brawny, Charge, Frenzy
Gear: Demonic armor (+4 Armor, +2 Toughness), demonic melee weapon (Str+2d4 AP 6), small shield (+1 Parry, +2 Armor vs. ranged damage).
Special Abilities:
„ Armor +8: Armored hide.
„ Environmental Immunity: Cold, Fire, Heat, and mortal Poison and Disease.
„ Fear: Even Lesser Demons are terrifying when first encountered, causing opponents to make a Fear check.
„ Infravision: Reduce all Illumination penalties by half (round down) when fighting beings with body heat.
„ Size 2 (Normal): Lesser Demons are hulking monsters.
„ Weakness (Holy Attacks): Demons are vulnerable to holy attacks and weapons wielded by those who are considered holy opponents, such as those with the Champion or Holy Warrior Edge. Cyber-Knights and Mystics who follow any kind of “path of light” spiritually fall into this category. Such attacks inflict +4 Mega Damage to Lesser Demons and Wounds caused by such attacks cannot be regenerated.
„ Weakness (Silver): Silver weapons and attacks have the same effect as holy weapons, inflicting +4 Mega Damage and negating demonic regeneration
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Sigil

Post by Sigil »

Sigil surveys the field and extends her right hand, wand tightly gripped. She waves it in a complex pattern, like the conductor of an orchestra. To that unheard song rises a mighty crescendo! The concrete and pavement under the hooves of the demons' feet cracks asunder, and from below snake vines and creepers and thorny, interlocking branches. Vegetation of all kinds slithers out and up and in seconds entwines around the beasts, fixing them in place!

Rolls: Focus 13
Focus for Entangle 1d8!! 1d6!!: [3]+[11!!] = 14

Entangle has MBT area, positioned to get as many as I can without nabbing any allies. They may oppose my Focus roll with Athletics; if I win they are Entangled, if I win with a raise they are Bound.

Return to “Dead Men Walking”