Recruiting Now Closed. Savage Pathfinder: Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path

Pursuit
Game Master

Recruiting Now Closed. Savage Pathfinder: Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path

Post by Pursuit »

Ahoy, fellow savages!

After a long layoff from GM-ing, I'd like to get back into the game (pun absolutely intended).

I kicked around a few options for a new game for the site, and thank you to everyone who provided input. Ultimately, I've decided to run the new Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path for Savage Pathfinder, which is still not final but which I expect to officially drop soon. See more about Curse of the Crimson Throne here at its Kickstarter Page. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE FAMILIAR WITH PATHFINDER LORE TO PLAY IN THIS GAME! Any lore you need, I will give you. And besides, I'm still relatively new to Golarion (the world in which Pathfinder takes place) myself.

Some Table Rules
The game will follow some table rules that are a little different than other games on the site:
  • You don't get a free Novice Advance. Sorry.
  • Advancement will be by milestone according to the book. The AP specifies when PCs should advance, so your character might get fewer or more Advances per quarter than other characters in other games on the site.
  • The party roster is restricted to 3-6 players. If I get more than 6 players, I lose track as GM and my performance suffers.
  • I will prioritize spots for new players and players who were in the 32nd SET game, which I ended mid-adventure when I got sick.
  • Everything in the Savage Pathfinder Core Rules, Savage Pathfinder Companion, Savage Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide, and the Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion is fair game. If you want to play but do not have access to the books, let me know and we can work something out. If you want to use something from another book, please ask first.
  • To keep up momentum while avoiding burnout, I will check Discord and the forums once per day. I will try to be more responsive during character creation, though, because I know the questions come faster and more furious at the beginning.
  • You absolutely MAY tweak your character's Ancestry. Want to play a gregarious half-orc who isn't an Outsider? You got it. How about a cloistered dwarf who spends very little time outside and never develops the stereotypical dwarven hardiness (ie, the free Vigor bump)? Just ask.
  • I use Ndreare's system for initiative. I roll 1d56 for each player, don't reroll duplicates, and have two extra joker spots.
  • I will emphasize non-tactical combat in this game, so keep that in mind when building your characters. We will still have some tactical combats, but I struggle with battle maps and I really like quick encounters.
  • If you have questions, please ask first before acting. Permission is better (and easier to get) than forgiveness.

Timing
We don't know for sure when the AP will be available in its final form. Once it's done being edited and is released to the public, I'll need a bit of time to read through it and start prepping, so the timeline is flexible. Let's just say "soon" but we can't get more specific than that.

Interest
Please reply below if you are interested. The game is NOT first come, first serve (see my note above), but you'll definitely have a better shot if I know you want in. :)

Roster
1. @Koshnek
2. @Billy
3. @Caelia Seacoal
4. @Venatus Vinco
5. @High Command
6. @stormwell
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Savage Pathfinder: Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path

Post by Sabrek Vek »

I am definitely interested but it may be a moment because the 25pts for a fourth account is steep. Seeing what I get this quarter.
Berkley Dig

Post by Berkley Dig »

I'm in. I'm guessing I would either need to change my profile name or else make a new Savage Rifts account?
Berkley Dig
Berkeley Dig Cleric Parry: 6, Toughness:w/ leather jacket: 07(2);
4 Bennies, 0 Conviction, 0 Wounds, and 0 Fatigue
Beginning 3
  • Expenditures/Gains
  • Expenditures/Gains
  • Expenditures/Gains
0 Conviction
  • Expenditures/Gains
Wounds: 0/3 (-0 to all rolls) Fatigue: 0/3 (-0 to all rolls)
Falderol Grelemis

Post by Falderol Grelemis »

I am in the process of winding up a play through of Rune Lords and, AFIK, the GM is moving on to a different setting. As a result my desire for more PFSW may be limited for an unknown period of time so this is coming along at the perfect time. I would be interested in getting involved in this game.

Just to clarify, standard character creation with pre-approved modifications is the set up and ToM/fast combat will be the norm?
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 9(3)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Caelia Seacoal wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:09 pm I'm in. I'm guessing I would either need to change my profile name or else make a new Savage Rifts account?
Correct: you could rename your account or make a new one.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Billy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:11 pm I am in the process of winding up a play through of Rune Lords and, AFIK, the GM is moving on to a different setting. As a result my desire for more PFSW may be limited for an unknown period of time so this is coming along at the perfect time. I would be interested in getting involved in this game.

Just to clarify, standard character creation with pre-approved modifications is the set up and ToM/fast combat will be the norm?
You are correct on all counts.

stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Tempting since most of my other games have dried up.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

If you end up with a spare slot, I'd love to play, but definitely go with returning players and new people alike.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Tiny Tim

Post by Tiny Tim »

I want to join... a definite Yes now
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 40/40
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 3/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
    +1 Bennie due EP, Spent for 5 ISP against Dark Fairy Zombies.
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

If theres space, put me down as a Rogue please.
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Okay, we're going to roll for the last slot. 1 is @Tiny Tim and 2 is @stormwell: 1d2

Pursuit
Game Master

Re: Recruiting Now Closed. Savage Pathfinder: Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path

Post by Pursuit »

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest!

Return to “Old”