Q2 2021 GM Poll

Adventures in Russia

GM Rating

Poor = +0 EP (Please, please consider passing the reigns. We have characters we would like to keep.)
No votes
Good = +1 EP (We had fun and were entertained. Keep on going.)
29%
Savage = +2 EP (We had a blast, some cool stuff happened we will remember.)
71%

Total votes: 7

Jose Kerske

Re: Q2 2021 GM Poll

Post by Jose Kerske »

voted , more post
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6001

OOC Comments
Attributes:
Bennies: 3/3

Agility d8 Smarts d10 Spirit d8 Strength d12 Vigor d8+2
Pace: 6: Parry: 6 Toughness: 16 (6) Strain: 0

Brawny, Muscular Male very tall. light brown hair not to long, eyes brown. Travels in Heavy Mage Combat armor with over Black coat and cowboy hat. Likes to be by himself, hunter. He will fight when provoked. Seems to be very educate when people get to know him, He speaks several different Languages.

Armor: Heavy Battle Mage
Notes: While powered increase Strength two dice and ignore Min Str, farsight and darksight.
• Armor: +6 Toughness: +3
• Weight: 36 lbs (Min Str: d6)
• Notes: While powered increase Strength two dice and ignore Min Str, farsight and darksight.

Overcoat:

• +2 Armor and +1 Toughness
• This protection can stack with other non-MDC body armor (but not MDC armor, they have no effect)without an increase to the Strength Minimum required to wear the base armor, unlike other armored coats and cloaks. It is usually worn over such armor.
• No Minimum Strength Requirement (5 lbs.)
• Pocket: Lock Picks
• Pocket: E-clips
• Pocket: E-clips
• Pocket: MDC Handcuffs
• Pocket:
• Pocket:
• Pocket:
• Pocket:

Utility Belt
scabbard: Short sword
scabbard: Drain Blade
Holster for Wilks
Cross Chest Shotgun Ammo And holster for Shotgun Belt
20 Rounds

Weapons

Silver-plated Short Sword
[image]
• Dmg: Strength+d6, AP: 2
• Weight: 2 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Notes:
• Rarity: +0 Cost: 00,000

Draining Blade Str+d8 8 d4 4 −4 3 million

• Dmg: Str+d8 AP: 8
• Weight:4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• A magic item; +2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the
attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds.
• Rarity: -4 Cost: 3 million

silver-plated Short Sword (Str+d6).

Signature Item
TW Light Blade

•Damage: (Str+d8+2). AP: 10
• Weight: 2 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Note: s: Costs 1 PP; blade has the sunlight Trapping. Looks like a sword hilt with a large focusing crystal embedded in it until activated (a free action; otherwise a Light Improvised Weapon).
• Special Weapon can cast spells Speed and Blind

Claws and Bite: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, +1 to Hit), Bite/Claws (Range Melee, Damage Str+2d10, +1 to Hit, M.D.C.),

Sidearm:
TW Iceblast Shotgun
• Range: 12/24/48
• Dmg: 1–3d8+1 AP: 2
• ROF: 1
• Shots: 2
• Weight: 8 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Rarity: -2 Cost: 40,000
Notes: On a raise target iced per sloth. Double Barrels (see Shotguns in Savage Worlds); can still fire standard shotgun shells

Sidearm:

Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol

• Range: 15/30/60
• Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
• Shots: 20
• Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
• Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000

TW Snare Gun
• Range: 8/16/32
• Dmg: entangle
• Shots: 2
• Weight: 3 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Notes: Notes: Per the entangle power with Strong, using Shooting roll. A short, double-barreled
flare gun; can still fire standard flares
• Rarity: -3 Cost: 45,000
steelbrok

Post by steelbrok »

This is the first pbp I've played in so forgive me if I'm either stating the obvious, missing something or just sound a bit weird. Also, I'm not wanting to criticise anyone as we all have times when other things take priority. We have had something of a churn of characters
The game has slowed down from last year, I think this slowing down is from both player and GM sides and each will influence the other (I can imagine a GM will find it difficult to push things forward while still waiting for PC posts).
PC posts can sometimes start to derail things. Unlike being round a table, it's difficult to judge whether in taking aim at a bird your PC doesn't know is another PC is being received with a chuckle and "yeah, that's fun" or "will this guy stop messing around".
I'm rambling a little but those are my thoughts.
Steelbrok
Steel's Vital Statistics
Bennies 4 (Q3 reset, now have Luck))
Wounds 0 (ignore 1 point of penalties)
Parry 6 (7 with Vlad), Toughness 23(8) in light cyborg plate

'Vlad' The Impaler d12+2d8+2 MD AP16 (Harmonic Blade, REACH 2! +1 Fighting, +1 Parry
'Velma' the Vibro Longsword d12+d10+2 MD AP10
'Violet' the NG-56 Light Ion Pistol 10/20/40 3d8/2d8/1d8 +2 to Shooting 12 Shots (ROF3 with Imp Rapid Fire)
'Vera' the NG303 Railgun 30/60/120 Damage 2d10+2 MD AP6 20 Shots of 5* bursts each Ignore Sloped Armour *from Imp Rapid Fire
Credits 1300
Valuables nil
Danger Sense, First Strike, Steady Hands (no Unstable Platform Penalty, Running penalty -1)
Don't Forget Elan!

Fighting d6+2 (+1 with Vlad), Shooting d8, Notice d6+4
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Q2 2021 GM Poll

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hey guys,

Please let me know how I am doing as your GM.

Poor = +0 EP (Please, please consider passing the reigns. We have characters we would like to keep.)
Good = +1 EP (We had fun and were entertained. Keep on going.)
Savage = +2 EP (We had a blast, some cool stuff happened we will remember.)

Your vote will form one part of my EP award, if any. The other two parts will be based on the group size and my own post rate. Hopefully, I haven't kept you waiting too much this quarter.

In case it factors into your thinking, the GM Post Rate this Quarter was 0.8 - my apologies for missing the mark!

Also, please provide any written feedback as a reply to this post.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

steelbrok wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 am This is the first pbp I've played in so forgive me if I'm either stating the obvious, missing something or just sound a bit weird. Also, I'm not wanting to criticise anyone as we all have times when other things take priority. We have had something of a churn of characters
The game has slowed down from last year, I think this slowing down is from both player and GM sides and each will influence the other (I can imagine a GM will find it difficult to push things forward while still waiting for PC posts).
PC posts can sometimes start to derail things. Unlike being round a table, it's difficult to judge whether in taking aim at a bird your PC doesn't know is another PC is being received with a chuckle and "yeah, that's fun" or "will this guy stop messing around".
I agree with this, turnover has been difficult to manage and sometimes I don't know what to do, then wait, and a cycle begins.

My general philosophy is to post every week no matter what, so I will do that more vigourously (although it looks like I did meet that goal for the most part).

We need probably 1-2 more consistent player posters to carry the momentum. Adding veterans like Jose and Hobo Joe should help the mix a little. Early on I really tried to prioritize brand new players, so not everyone sticks.

Maybe we should also decides what happens if you recover the rings from the Nightingale. My feeling is then they need to be dealt with...is that handing them to the Legion and starting a new game? Is it a while new quest for this group? Something else?

Assuming you live of course.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

steelbrok wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 am This is the first pbp I've played in so forgive me if I'm either stating the obvious, missing something or just sound a bit weird. Also, I'm not wanting to criticise anyone as we all have times when other things take priority. We have had something of a churn of characters
The pace has slowed site-wide, I think. 2020 was a really weird year on a lot of counts. Still, as GMs go, VV is about as regular as you get.
Re: the taking aim at the bird thing, that's a hard one to sort out. One might be inclined to see it as a gag, but I'm sure most of us have had someone lose their mind at the table and take a shot at a fellow PC, then it descends into personal attacks and the table splits. So it's kind of a wobbly tightrope to walk. I don't think you were about to pull the trigger, but if that were my guy in the crosshairs, I might be just a little nervous over what was about to happen. I generally try to stop short of pointing loaded armament at party members without some real and valid RP / in-game reason, or if I sort of clear it in-chat first. "Hey, my guy is going to be concerned about a random bird popping up above us, but no PvP going down. No worries." If this is all collaborative story-telling, it might be worth giving your co-collaborator a warning.
All that said, this is a pretty solid group (and @Bryan). I'm having fun with this crew. Now let's go kill some demons!
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

First, as GM's go you da bomb. Yes, things have slowed down but as Snake Eyes points out it's not just you. Hopefully everyone will start to feel a little more normal as this year progresses and things will improve.

Re: shooting at the bird. Just say no. jk. Actually it's no big deal. I didn't know if you were serious or not but that's just the hazard of communicating in the written word. No non verbal communication to rely on. I was more concerned when I tried to clarify in chat that Fang wasn't on the ship and it just spiraled out of control. My apologies for that.

For me I'm just having a hard time coming to like this character which usually isn't a problem. It's probably because I don't usually do dedicated power users. I'm working on it.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Aexander Petrov

Post by Aexander Petrov »

Overall, I agree with the sentiment overall. There has been a lot of changes for me as well, and I am pretty sure I have missed the mark. We can bounce back. The 1st has had a long history of people coming and going, I think this is something we should embrace. (if the cyborg become leader again, i will officially call it a curse).

Return to “Far From Home”