Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Rhino Road Tour

Post by MJH »

Go ahead and put those interludes here!
Naabaahii

Re: Rhino Road Tour

Post by Naabaahii »

Before they leave Krieg is helping load and decides to share his love for his Hoverbike. "Its freedom and also necessary. Most vehicles crumple under my weight, and feel like I am being shoved in a tiny closet. It is all too common to see a look of sheer terror whenever I walk into the room, as people begin praying that I won't sit with them.", he laughs. "I remember the day I bought the bike. It was my reward for finishing my first job after receiving my Titan treatment. A small farmstead outside MercTown had been harassed by ne'er-do-wells asking for money to keep the family and their property safe. Of course when they said they wouldn't pay because they never had trouble before, their property would end up being destroyed the next day. The old man was not too keen on paying these men to protect him from themselves. SO he went to MercTown in search of Mercs to help. His problem was small potatoes and the pay was crap, and so no Merc Company would take it. He found me, who was new and looking for work. I was like hiring one Merc and getting four. Had no idea what I should charge, so I accepted the offer of 250k. I went out to the farm and waited. The thugs showed up. They threatened the old man. Once I received the signal. I walked outside and literally tore the two men apart, put their remains in a crate and the old man shipped them to their boss. As expected the next day, a small army of men including their boss, came to make an example of the family. They were small time, I guess they were used to people just paying them to be left alone. After a full assault and their eminent demise, I helped the old man bury their remains and the remains of their vehicles in the pasture. I found two million in unsecured credits on them. They didn't have a lot so I refused when the old man tried to pay me. Two million was more than enough for barely breaking a sweat. I went straight to Wellington, ordered my custom AHB. Never looked back. Best 2 mill I have ever spent.", he says as he mounts his bike. Once everyone is packed up and ready to roll he says, "Let's go get rich!" Then he takes off headed to capture Buff.
Naabaahii
Wounds: 3/3
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Parry: 7
Toughness: 19 (6)

Ak'is
Parry: 4
Toughness: 10

Dzeel
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Basking in the photoshoot at the dealership Axel is blissfully unaware of any potential pitfalls. Besides, what are they going to do kill him?

Heading onto the road is bittersweet for Axel, he was made for the gridiron and travelling the dusty roads without the team jet was just not his style. While every bit as much a juicer as everyone else the normally implacable Krowe suddenly finds himself in unfamiliar territory - literally and figuratively. Self doubt creeps into his mind for the first time since his juicer conversion. Football was fast pace, fun action but it had a predictability, rules, boundaries, and even timeouts. There was nothing like that out in the wild. It was like playing without the refs.

And it felt awesome!

His bio-comp pumping overtime Krowe feels a rush of freedom and excitement bigger than even the biggest game day. The uncertainty was a new drug in his system and he loved it.
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Cooper Graves

Post by Cooper Graves »

Cooper takes time to meditate. Developing psychic power is a process that requires continuous training, even if something is hard you still have to try. (To become a mind melter of course, otherwise work sucks.) For the past fee weeks, he has been trying to project his mind into the Astral Plane. Previous attempts have been unsuccessful but today he feels like it’s going to work!

Taking several deep breaths he opens his mind. With increases awareness he senses everyone around him. Including that god arguing with a bum over a cigarette. That god must really need a fix. Focus Cooper.

Clearing his thoughts, he searches for a place that isn’t a place but is a place. A place that is a place, that you can only get to that place through your mind and hey I made it!

A lush forrest surrounds Cooper. Colors are twice as vivid and the air tastes damp. A rain forest? He tries to step forward and finds himself stuck. He shifts his hips but his feet don’t move. Wasn’t I sitting?

No matter what he does he just can move from the spot he’s in.

Looking around he sees a woman seated in meditation. She floats several inches off the ground and 5 pieces of paper above her. Cooper looks left, then right. Then he tries to look behind himself but that twists his back painfully.

“Hey. Hey, you. Am I on the Astral Plane?”

The meditating woman does not stir.

Cooper crosses his arms and huffs. Then a glint catches his eye. A rock! Polished stone perhaps, it did glint. He reaches and finds it’s further away than he thought. With supreme effort he stretches to reach it. Stretching so far that breathing is difficult. Wait, do people breath in the astral plane. When he gets the tip of his finger on it, he flips it.
Athletics d8 = 0
d6=2
The stone flips further away.

“Frag the Emperor!”

Instantly pressure builds. A thousand pound weight presses down on him. Turning his head slowly he sees the floating woman has opened her eyes. Fire dances behind them, along with the floating pieces of paper. Flames that don’t seem to eat the white paper white gold and emerald ink.

“You course the Emperor?”

Cooper feels dumb struck. “Uuuuuuh.”

In a whirlwind, sheets of paper surround the woman. They fold into a hundred thousand scales and form a massive eastern dragon. Firery eyes burn to the core of his very being. “Cooper Graves! You dare curse the Emperor!”

A dozen thoughts circle his mind. Who is this person? What is this person? One seems most important. “Why aren’t you on fire? You’re made of paper.”

The dragon jerks back. Head tilts and twerked brows read him up and down. “No one’s ever asked me that. Regardless. I am a Celestial Calligraphic Dragon of the Jade Court. Why do you curse the Jade Emperor?”

Cooper opens his mouth and then stops himself. That question probably isn’t a good on. “Who is the Jade Emperor? I was cursing Emperor Prosek of the Coalition.”

She rises up and curls around him. “So not the Jade Emperor. My training to control my temper is not going as planned.” She look contemplative, then her head rushes to mere inches from his. The gust throws his hair backwards. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m astrally projecting.”

“Astral? This isn’t the Astral Plane. Your navigation skills are atrocious if you thought you entered the Astral. I would suggest getting a map next time.”

“There is a map?”

The dragon rolls its eyes. Plucking a piece of paper from itself gold lines begin to form. Circles, with in circles, with in circles layered upon each other. The create a three dimensional drawing of something. Braving a finger it enters the space with in the paper.

“Here use this.”

“Who are you?”

A clawed hand reaches for his forehead. “Tian Yue, now don’t come back.”

Cooper wakes back on Rifts Earth. “What the hell?”
Severin
Daniel (Lars)
Location: "I don't care who's right-Let's go kill something."

Post by Severin »

After the gaggle, murder, hmmm flood, no … torrent of Juicers! Yes, torrent of Juicers got on the road things slowed down. Burn Santos had assisted with a bit of navigation… “go dat a’ways mate!”

Then there was just the waiting. He hated the waiting.

Chemicals subsided. Time kind of splintered. He was still on the lookout. Ever vigilant. It’s not paranoia if someone is out to get you, and Burn figured on there be’n several people out to grease him. Burn was used to, keeping one eye open, as they say. He no longer feared death. But. Still had stuff he wanted to do.

At the same time he thought back to a time far gone. Yesterday. Ages ago it seemed. Time and days had became warped in his drug addled mind since the conversation.

Yesterday.

He’d been freshly in town …

A bump in the road jolted Burn back fully aware and alert.

He’d been thinking about that damned Crazie who had sauntered up to him as he had sat nursing a whiskey.

Burn had been sat on the ground, cross legged, Burn sipped and eyed the Naruni Dealership. He’d decided to steal a vehicle - a hover bike. Gather intel and enjoying a brown glass bottle of whiskey a Crazie had stood over Burn. Clearing his throat he’d stood there waiting for Burn to respond. Burn ignored him.

“Whatcha doing out here bub?”

The metal head had a Texas accent and no sense of personal space. Toeing the juicer with his armored boot the mind over matter man cleared his throat again.

“Saaaaaaay boy. Do I recognize you? Ain’t you…”

His annoying draw abruptly cut off as the lunatic made an ugh sound. He started to slump forward a bit but Burn was there. Suddenly standing next to the deputy. An arm around him, holding the nut job up, Burn’s other hand slowly pulled the vibro knife out of the Crazie’s femoral artery.

”Heeey….

Burn took the wanted poster out of the Crazie’s hand and looked at it.

”Da hell? Dis is a juicer named Buff. I ain’t Buff. I mean. I is but I’m not dis guy.”

Sitting the Crazie down Burn handed him the bottle of half drank whiskey.

”Er go. Feel better.”

As Burn walked away the Crazie watched him go.

”Thanks….”

Burn reflected, life is weird. He now was hunting Buff.
Severin

Severin =WIP

Old info about character Burn

Burn the Juice!r

“I don’t care who’s right - let’s go kill something!”
~ Burn Santos, Mega Juicer
  • Juicer Lexicon
  • Achy Breaky: A nonnal human being, as in: "Two achy­ breakys got in my way, so I greased them." Also see Meat Boy, and Squishy.
  • Big'Un: Titan Juicers, or any Juicer who is over seven feet tall.
  • Black Lobsters: Nickname for Coalition troops, especially those in original Dead Boy armor.
  • Checking Out: Dying, usually from the side effects of the Juicer process.
  • The Deathdance Saga: Series of pre-Rifts novels about the adventures of Julian Amici, a Juicer secret agent. Still in print, circulating (illegally) in the Coalition States and (legally) in Ish­peming, Kingsdale, the Lazlo republics and other parts of the world.
  • Doing a Juice: Getting away with something, usually a criminal act; originates in the Julian Amici novels.
  • Doing a Double-J: An impressive, death-defying feat or es­cape worthy of the fictional super-spy Julian Amici.
  • Getting Juiced: Getting the Juicer augmentation to become a Juicer.
  • Grease: To kill or destroy.
  • Grease Spot: A corpse that has been mangled by M.D. weap­ons, especially explosives or plasma weapons.
  • Julian Amici, Juicer (a.k.a. J.A., Deathdancer, the Dou­ble-J): Fictional character in a popular series of pre-Rifts novels, The Deathdance Saga, that survived the Great Cataclysm and are still published in such places as New Lazlo and Ishpeming. Also, a nickname for a tough guy: "Hey, you must be some sort of Deathdancer" or "Who do you think you are, the Double-J?"
  • Juiced: As in, "Be careful, he 's juiced," means a juicer or someone high and empowered by drugs.
  • Last Call: The last year of a Juicer's life, usually plagued with symptoms of his upcoming death.
  • Meat Boy/Girl: Normal, non-augmented human or D-bee. Also see Achy Breaky, Squishy.
  • Moron Boy/Girl: Juicer wannabe, anybody who admires and tries to emulate Juicers.
  • The Process: Juicer conversion. Becoming a Juicer is referred to as "going through the process."
  • Squishy: Normal human.
  • Squishy in a Hard Shell: A human in M.D.C. body armor.
  • Tank or Tank 0 ' Juice: A supernatural M.D.C. creature or person. M.D.C. Juicers (Mega-Juicers and Dragon Juicers mostly) are known as Tanks 0' Juice.
  • Wannabe: Anybody who admires Juicers and pretends to be one.

Return to “Two a Day Workouts (Open RP)”