OOC Chat Thread

This team is part of the Special Units arm of the Tomorrow Legion.
GM: Corrigon
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: OOC Chat Thread

Post by Savant »

Yeah, the default is your T-W skill (and don't forget the bonus from Machine Maestro). If the device is designed to use a different skill, then you roll that instead. Shooting and Fighting are common examples, but a TW vehicle might activate with a Driving/Piloting/Boating roll, and a TW spear might even use Throwing (just make sure you get it back every time...).

On the Machine Maestro bit, btw--it even applies to your "known Power" devices.

So, for instance, when rolling to activate the SEP Field Generator, you'd roll:

d10 (base skill) + 4 for Machine Maestro (since it's not a weapon). Meaning you're almost always going to get the Raise effect, unless you CritFail or there's hideous penalties on you for some reason.

The big downside is that gear typically requires hands to use, so at most you can still kick off two powers at once (taking the usual MAP for both rolls, which Machine Maestro is fantastic at overcoming).
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Freemage wrote: On the Machine Maestro bit, btw--it even applies to your "known Power" devices.
At the table top this has caused so much confusion. I have a player who decided she hated playing the TW, because going back and forth between +2 and +4 was annoying to her. She made a new character that was a Mystic and was happier with the build, even though it was significantly less powerful.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

so how are we planning this stealthy assault. I'm not really good with tactics.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

<Sorry wrong forum, wrong Character>
Last edited by Kidemonas on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Kidemónas wrote:I am in favor of getting the guy off scene without killing him.
What? Who? I don't understand that statement, sorry.

I think we should scout and see what we're dealing with from a bit of a distance before we plan too much. We'll need to see the terrain, how clustered or spread out they are, how many there are, etc.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Lol,

This is completely my fault. I was thinking her post was in response to my game with Echo.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

While I am willing to try. Kidemònas only had d4 stealth so it is like beging too get caught.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

I'll let you guys come up with your basic approach, what vehicles you want to use etc.

The location is definitely in the forest and near the river from what you can surmise.
GM bennies 6/8
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

Lol I'm loving the RP.
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Yes, we are doing a great couple so far.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Looks like White Hoof will have a chance to put his very specific set of skills to use.

http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.ph ... 049#p15049

:lol:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Provided there are no objections, I will move the rest of you over to the Quarry on Wednesday. Just want to give Freya and White Hoof a chance to react to the alarm
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Corrigon wrote:Provided there are no objections, I will move the rest of you over to the Quarry on Wednesday. Just want to give Freya and White Hoof a chance to react to the alarm
Cool thank you.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Quick note, Freya: Even if the elevator isn't TW, you still get a +2 to the rolls to repair/operate it.
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

Savant wrote:Quick note, Freya: Even if the elevator isn't TW, you still get a +2 to the rolls to repair/operate it.
Also if you don't get it to work I am going to punch through three roof and pull the cable to raise the elevator manually so no pressure. :)
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

You are right Savant. I hope she can fix it, and if not White Hoof will help us out.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

This cracks me up because this just happened to us this last week with my daughter.
Someone got on the CB channel we use and she told them they need to pick another channel because our family uses 18. I laughed, and had to tell her people are allowed to use whatever CB channel they want.

Subject: The Quarry
Kidemónas wrote:Kidemònas looks around at his friends. "Did you hear that? Someone is using our channel.".
Over the radio he answers back. "Yes we are using this channel for the Tomorrow Legion. You should pick a different one so it is not cluttered by chatter."
Looking to his friends he assures them. "Nothing to worry about I imagine they got on our channel buy accent."
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

Kidemónas wrote:This cracks me up because this just happened to us this last week with my daughter.
Someone got on the CB channel we use and she told them they need to pick another channel because our family uses 18. I laughed, and had to tell her people are allowed to use whatever CB channel they want.

Subject: The Quarry
Kidemónas wrote:Kidemònas looks around at his friends. "Did you hear that? Someone is using our channel.".
Over the radio he answers back. "Yes we are using this channel for the Tomorrow Legion. You should pick a different one so it is not cluttered by chatter."
Looking to his friends he assures them. "Nothing to worry about I imagine they got on our channel buy accent."
Lol. Too cute

Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Psst! Freya! His name was Manuel and if you look back Heracles asked YOU if he was with you already! Now that could easily be that she didn't catch that, but just so you know the GM said his name was Manuel. :D
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Echo »

Is it just me or did White Hoofs avatar go away?
Echo (Rob T)
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand

Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

GM Quick Reference
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

It's just you.

And maybe it's because you aren't in the 3rd Set? :lol:
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Manuel! Right! Thanks.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Psst... Freya! With regard to Savant's last post, Exalted Darksight would do the trick. Get the raise on the construction, and you end up with 15 PPE; gets you enough to hit 6 targets at once (the max you can target with a single casting), good for an hour. Savant doesn't need it, of course, but Kid, White Hoof, yourself, Mica, Penny and Heracles would all probably benefit. Sadly, the CS trooper will still be unable to see them until they've lopped off his head. Such a pity.... :twisted:
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

such kindness towards the your friendly CS Lieutenant. So the plan is to go invisible and sneak up that way?
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Give them a taste of their own medicine!
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

It is just a proposal.
Freya has also the intangibility power, for example
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

I really, really like the idea of getting Dark sight.

But if you could also give Invisibility Superior that would let us get the drop.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Wild Dice...save it for combat, boys...
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

No, there you will be rolling ones all the time
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

What is everyone's Stealth?

Kid is d4, but I am willing to spend bennies to get close.

Meta: Me personally (as a player) I would rather not plan for weeks. I think this should be as simple as those of us with stealth move in to our assigned targets and those without move in as soon as the surprise round ends.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Kidemónas wrote:What is everyone's Stealth?

Meta: Me personally (as a player) I would rather not plan for weeks. I think this should be as simple as those of us with stealth move in to our assigned targets and those without move in as soon as the surprise round ends.
I think this is probably the best approach.

Savant's got no Stealth whatsoever. When the shooting starts, she'll do an all-out run towards the fight.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Echo »

Freemage wrote:
Kidemónas wrote:What is everyone's Stealth?

I think this is probably the best approach.

Savant's got no Stealth whatsoever. When the shooting starts, she'll do an all-out run towards the fight.
Oh you could make it a total Crazy Ninja opportunity. I am going to edit Kid's post to suggest she rides in on the jeep, and leaps off it towards the enemy. This will be no trouble with her dexterity, but from an awesome point of view she would look so cool and get to add her movement after Penny's

EDIT:
Never mind I see you already posted the same idea. Great!
Echo (Rob T)
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand

Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

GM Quick Reference
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Herc has d6 Stealth I believe (as well as Boost/Lower Trait that can be applied to skills - I can make you stealthy...ish lol).
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Heracles wrote:Herc has d6 Stealth I believe (as well as Boost/Lower Trait that can be applied to skills - I can make you stealthy...ish lol).
I planned on boosting my Psionic skill once I was close as well. So having a nice double boost would be great.
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Freya has only d4 in Stealth, but...

She has as her "permanent" gadgets:
- SEP Field Generator - Makes her invisible. Truly and completely invisible if needed.
- Portable Force Field Projector - Can create a force field, to protect or trap. MDC if needs to.
- PROFP (Prime Oscillation Field Producer) - Intangibility.

So she can look for the hostages, and make a Force Field to protect them. Could be a good task for her, as she is a pacifist and bad in combat.

Also, she can create 4 items for you all to use, with any of her available powers.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

I think I am going to copy your list of available powers to my TW summary.
That could potentially come in handy.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Let you guys finish your plan and i will get you started tomorrow in the act 2 thread
GM bennies 6/8
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Kidemónas wrote:I think I am going to copy your list of available powers to my TW summary.
That could potentially come in handy.
Please be my guest
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

*Stolen

By the way, you should post in character that you are going to bestow on us Dark Sight. The duration is an hour so it will be great for us. If you decide it is worth it to use one of your devises for invisibility then that would be awesome also.

The Biometric Optical Reorganizer or Bore functions by...
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Question: Is there a way for me to build a device that grants everybody Dark Sight?
I imagine an "aliens"-kind motion detector, that transmit the information to everyone's HUD.
Is that doable?
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Freya Kay wrote:Question: Is there a way for me to build a device that grants everybody Dark Sight?
I imagine an "aliens"-kind motion detector, that transmit the information to everyone's HUD.
Is that doable?
Yes as a trapping make a "neural-electrooptical-realignment-device" or NERD for short. You point it into a willing targets eyes and it modifies them to see at a higher level for an hour.
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Ok, so one device she will do is the NERD enhancer.
What else? Something to make you invisible?
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Hello Everybody, just to make everyone aware, we have now been joined by another player Langdon Steed. He will initially be apart from your group, but should join up with you after your upcoming battle (subject to players being players and god knows where you'll end up taking me :lol: )

I have updated Garnet Town Act 2 post, so if you could start posting there please

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 119#p15119
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Freya, I need to know if you are going to hook us up with Darksight and Invisibility before I move in.
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

If able, I will
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

You are able, you simply need post it.

Also consider: Nano-Optical-Transparency-Ocilating-Phaser or the NOT OP. Which splashes targets with nanites that turn them Invisibile for 20 second.
Langdon Steed
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Langdon Steed »

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hello and that I will be joining your campaign soon!
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)

WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Kidemónas wrote:Yes, you roll either Techno-wizardry for normal stuff, fighting for melee attacks or shooting for ranged attacks.
Technically, you can opt to design a TW Bolt (or other ranged spell) device to use either Shooting or TW, based on the way the item looks. It used to be pretty common for Weird Scientists to build Shooting-friendly ray guns, so they could pass it off to the party's marksman, but with TW being so very, very potent, it's often just as good to go ahead and build to your own strengths, instead.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Freya:

Did you mean to build for Detect Arcana, or for Darksight? The former only works for one person (the caster) and has a duration of rounds; the latter can be used on multiple people at once, and has a duration of an hour. Exalted Darksight (the Mega-Power version) allows seeing invisible creatures just fine.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

I also thought we were going for Darksight
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

If Darksight is better, Darksight it is!
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Langdon Steed wrote:Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hello and that I will be joining your campaign soon!
Welcome!
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Freya Kay wrote:
Langdon Steed wrote:Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hello and that I will be joining your campaign soon!
Welcome!
Completely missed it.

Welcome!
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Freya,
Can you please edit your post to say who you gave the devices to?
Kidemònas would really benefit from the Darksight, everyone would benefit from Invisibility.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Yes, welcome, Langdon!
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Freya offers them to the group, feel free to get what you need. Remember, they have "charges" and can affect several people.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

So... my brain was apparently not working. Why scout, when you can scry? Savant just remembered she has Clairvoyance....
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Before I post, what version of invisibility is being used on the group from Freya's gadget? This informs a few actions
GM bennies 6/8
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Version?
Which versions there are?
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Basic or Mega-Version (True Invisibility). I think we'll have to stick with regular, unless we only want one person to be cloaked, since True Invisibility takes 10 PPE to cast....
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Right, it would be normal invisibility.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Normal invisibility it is.

Sorry, work internet filters are preventing me from posting to the Act 2 thread. I'll get the post up tonight I promise
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

How far out are we atm. Can I take a sniper type shot with my H90 in rifle mode? I have a D10 in shooting plus my helmet gives me +2 to the shoot from my hero's journey perk. the damage is 3D6+1, I am not sure if that +1 is from my perk or not. I forgot what I used as my template for the gun.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

I would say yes. The range is rediculous and he said we have the drop so that means you get an extra +4/+4 hit and damage.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

It might be good to hang back and snipe once people are in position (but I haven't read the IC post yet, going to do so now).

Edit: How far from the Brodkil are those of us with Penny (after she moves the vehicle)?
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

I was wrong on rereading I see he said we have the surprise not the drop.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Kidemónas wrote:I was wrong on rereading I see he said we have the surprise not the drop.
Actually, he said, "You have surprise and therefore the drop," except for Kid. So yeah, we get that sweet bonus on ranged attacks, at least.

And speaking of ranges:

We're just off the north end of the map. The hexes are each 60 yards across; 1" = 2 yards. So the hexes are 30" across. That puts our closest Brodkil (B3 & B8) at about 90 yards (45"). That puts Mica solidly at Medium Range (-2 to hit, before factoring in the Drop). We'd also be about 140" from "A", whom I'm assuming is the big Brodkil Savant saw in her scrying of the camp.

The big question is this: How fast is Penny able to be moving before we come on the map? (I think this is something Corrigan needs to declare, based on what's possible in terms of not having drawn attention to our presence.)

If she was at a dead stop, then we could get 10" in.

OTOH, if she was already charging at 40" or more, and then we gun it up to 50", the riders are just past the northernmost Brodkil, in the hex just north of the one with the campfire and four Brodkil. We'd want to move on the next round as well, most likely towards the cage, so that the Brodkil can't just move in and execute people.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Glad you found it. I thought I read it the first time. but when I reread it after my post I did not see it.

A little slower than the average bear I realized I needed to add an attack to my post.
Rather than make a whole new post, I edited the existing one from today to have an attack in it.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

The question is should I Benny for damage.

At 21 AP5 I think the best I can do is get his attention, he will be a wild card with bennies for soaking. Extra effort may add ~4.09 or regular bennie would average ~25.3 AP5, but the damage dice hate me. I think I need to just reroll.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Kidemónas wrote:The question is should I Benny for damage.

At 21 AP5 I think the best I can do is get his attention, he will be a wild card with bennies for soaking. Extra effort may add ~4.09 or regular bennie would average ~25.3 AP5, but the damage dice hate me. I think I need to just reroll.
You cannot use Extra Effort for any rolls involving Damage (per Clint). This applies both to soaking and to dishing it out. So all you can do is try a re-roll.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Freemage wrote:
Kidemónas wrote:The question is should I Benny for damage.

You cannot use Extra Effort for any rolls involving Damage (per Clint). This applies both to soaking and to dishing it out. So all you can do is try a re-roll.
Thank you I forgot. Worked out though reroll worked out to the d12 acing and a d6 acing twice. For some super huge damage almost as much as a Glitter Boy.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

It has been a week, can we say he was distracted and missed the que or something? And start the fight.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

I will post later. You have done quite a bit of damage already
GM bennies 6/8
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Work was really busy and kept everything else on the back burner and I lost track of time. I'll be better about it from now on.

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Whitehoof,
Just so you know in the future, you only get 1 wild die when making an Auto Fire, Rapid Fire, Rapid Attack or Fan the Hammer Maneuver.

Example:
Tony is a full conversion borg and fires four shots from his rail gun. Snap fire give -2, Rock n Roll allows him to ignore -1 in snap fire and optic eyes give him +2 for a total modifier of +1.
Tony rolls the following.
Shooting Shot 01 - 1d8+1
Shooting Shot 02 - 1d8+1
Shooting Shot 03 - 1d8+1
Shooting Shot 04 - 1d8+1
Shooting Wild Die - 1d6+1 (can replace any of the above shooting rolls.)

Tony takes the best 4 of the five dice rolled.

If tony also wanted to punch someone in the face he could add an additional -2 MAP and punch someone.

Subject: Garnet Town Act 2
White Hoof wrote:Still keeping his large form between Freya and the Brodkill White Hoof targets the closest one with his rail gun.

"Let's ROCK!!!

The high pith of machinery cranking is heard as the barrels spin and it cuts loose a volley of rounds.
OOC Comments
Rapid fire 4 rounds. the penalty is ignored due to cyber ware
Shot one 14 to hit damage 25 (27 if the hit raised) AP -8
skill [dice]0[/dice]
wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Damage [dice]10[/dice]
Amusing I raised on damage the addition damage is [dice]11[/dice]
Aced damage [dice]15[/dice]

Shot two 8 to hit damage 15 AP -8
skill [dice]2[/dice]
wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Damage [dice]12[/dice]

Shot three 5 to hit amusing I hit damage 12 AP -8
skill [dice]4[/dice]
wild [dice]5[/dice]
Damage [dice]13[/dice]

Shot four 4 to hit amusing I hit damage 6 AP -8
skill [dice]6[/dice]
wild [dice]7[/dice]
Damage [dice]14[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

As Kidemonas got a Joker, I am going to wait and see how things unfold and interrupt at an opportune time when I think I can help, but before the Bridkil go so I can do clean up.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Quick request--could people remember to declare which Brodkil they're attacking? That way, we know which ones are still up when it comes time for those of us who drew like crap to act. :lol: It can matter, especially in a long-range fight like this one, since that determines how far we have to shoot or if we're close enough to run up to them yet.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

@Corrigon
Do we get a bennie for the Joker? I think I recall we are playing Joker's Wild, but I am not sure if that was this game or Freemage's.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

We are playing jokers wild.didn't have my main book to hand
GM bennies 6/8
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

Savant wrote:Quick request--could people remember to declare which Brodkil they're attacking? That way, we know which ones are still up when it comes time for those of us who drew like crap to act. :lol: It can matter, especially in a long-range fight like this one, since that determines how far we have to shoot or if we're close enough to run up to them yet.
I declared I was shooting the one the closest to Freya and myself.

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The map does have them with numbers. It would be easier for my poor brain to list the relevant number please
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

In the morning I will post Kidemònas actions.

He will do two actions, Tail also b3a and breath weapon b5&b6.

The Joker will pay my multi action penalty.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Changed tactic a bit and got a post up before your vacation. Should be good to go.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Where am I at on the map? I don't see a mark for me.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

You didn't move so you are still just of the edge of map
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Hey Corrigon,
I want to take the Minor version of this for Kid when the quarter ends on October 1st. I think it is super fitting for him. (This is from Olympus Inc page 39 if you care.)

Center of Attention (Minor or Major)
You would do anything to be the most beautiful, most admired, center of everyone’s attention. It greatly bothers you to be overlooked. You would never do anything to risk compromising your charm and beauty, such as crossing muddy swamps or dressing like a beggar.
  • As a Minor Hindrance, your selfish behavior does not threaten those around you; you may be selfish and stubborn, but can still be coerced to performing a task.
    As a Major Hindrance, you actively draw attention to yourself, even when it is completely inappropriate or dangerous, if you are not getting enough attention.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

No weekly catchall this week with the site issues and everything that went on.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Right now, Mica is out of range and seems to be blind. I need to look her over to see if I am forgetting any notice check bonus. since I keep on failing notice, I can't really react to that guy out in the left field. That is why she is just heading south.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I guess I am super lucky Kid was close and instigated the combat.

I did not realize the time it takes to cross this map before. Time for shooting at long range -4 I guess.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

To be honest, considering that you guys have walked through this encounter, would you be happy to finish it as a quick combat?
GM bennies 6/8
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Corrigon wrote:To be honest, considering that you guys have walked through this encounter, would you be happy to finish it as a quick combat?
I would be okay with that. But to be fair, I almost always prefer quick combat.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Corrigon wrote:To be honest, considering that you guys have walked through this encounter, would you be happy to finish it as a quick combat?
I would be happy with that.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

I'm fine either way.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

that is fine for me
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Can Kidemónas just do the cat hair ball thing and eject that gun, without the indignity of someone digging through poo?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Sorry for not posting in a while. I can't promise I am completely back to my normal posting rate, but I hope I can game again, at least.

Do we roll for adventure cards?

We are back to 3 bennies, right?
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Freya Kay wrote:Sorry for not posting in a while. I can't promise I am completely back to my normal posting rate, but I hope I can game again, at least.

Do we roll for adventure cards?

We are back to 3 bennies, right?
4, actually--we get a bonus bennie for the whole group averaging over 2 posts per week.

And yeah, we should be rolling for new cards.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

4 bennies, great!
Rolling for Freya's card then.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Okay peeps, the powers that be are consolidating the forums a bit. The adventure forums and the OOC forums will now be in one easy to find place.
GM bennies 6/8
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Excellent
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades